Speaker 1: This might be the most epic troll ever. So up until three weeks ago, Republican Delaware County Councilman Ryan Webb lived his life as a white male. However, he decided a post on Facebook his true authentic self, a lesbian woman of color, saying that I'm excited to be a vocal partner of the LGBTQIAPC plus plus plus movement, saying who knows just how far we can take things, but I'm just glad that this is now possible, so anyone can be anything or anyone they want. Then he goes on to talk about how he's making history now that he's the very first lesbian woman of color in the history of Delaware County. Goes on to say, I am honored to be the one to shatter that glass ceiling hashtag girl power. Also, hilariously, he made sure to end his post with several emojis, including the American flag, the lgbt flag making face, and a flexed arm muscle. But the reaction has not been good. I mean, he's been getting death thread his neighbors drop trash off. They thought of his house, but it was actually his neighbor's house, and he was serious, I'd sing his praises, but instead I know better.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe that I had to take time out of my day today to attempt.
Speaker 1: To teach a grown man how to behave appropriately. I feel that he should resign, and if.
Speaker 2: He doesn't, I would look at county counselor to talk to lebel and see what take into about removing him.
Speaker 1: Why don't they like it? You know, the left has told us you can be whoever you want to be. If you're a little girl, you can be a boy. If you're a boy, you can be a girl. That nothing matters in this chaotic world. He's holding up a mirror and they don't like what they see. So why won't the left just accept Ryan his true authentic self as a lesbian woman of color. We'll talk to him. Delaware County Councilman Ryan Webb joins me next. So, Ryan, it's always great to talk to people who are, you know, breaking barriers. You were born a white man. You know, when did you realize you were actually a woman of color?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I've always felt felt something, but I wasn't exactly sure what it was, you know, And I've been watching the news and listen listening around lately, and I've been hearing a lot of talk about only a woman knows what a woman is, and so I thought, well, I'm feeling something. So I said, I'm going to look it up. So you know, I typed it in all the major search engines in Google and such, and I couldn't find anything to give me a clear answer on what a woman was. So I thought, well, if only a woman knows what a woman is and I can't find it anywhere, then this has got to be what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling. So I said, well, this is this has gotta be it. So today, as it said, I'm a woman.
Speaker 1: Do you wake up with a new zest for life?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that's a great question. I don't know that I'm her life, but it sure felt great to just you know, put that out there and you know, start putting one foot in some of the other.
Speaker 1: How has this been for your wife?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, for she she was a little bit not sure how to But is.
Speaker 1: She a lesbian two now or you know, how does that? You know, obviously this is all very confusing in today's age. Is she a lesbian or how does that work?
Speaker 2: Well, I believe it's all intentionally confusing, but you know, I don't think she would claim to be a lesbian, although it doesn't change the fact that she is on now. But you know, she was a little not quite sure how to accept it first. But I think you know, as you sit back and thought about it, she's pretty excited to cash in on all the all the benefits that come with being a fellow lesbian married to a lesbian color, and then also participating in a in a very diverse interracial marriage. So you know, we're pretty excited about that. We got college aged kids, and we're hoping that maybe we can get some more opportunities for the kids as far as colleges that they would have previous had been accepted too.
Speaker 1: We saw how it benefited Elizabeth Warren throughout her career to say that she was a Native American. So I would assume for your kids they could potentially claim the same status and elevate themselves professionally.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know, that's going to be up to them if they choose to check that box. You know, I can't I can't write their journey for them. I just you know, try to thave away and let them know that, as the child of colors, that they do have that option.
Speaker 1: You're breaking barriers because you're you're the first lesbian woman of color in the county's council's history. How does it feel to be able to be I mean, you could potentially run for president and be the first lesbian woman of color as well.
Speaker 2: I was excited to break that glass ceiling there in Delaware County. Now, I didn't receive as such a warm welcome as I thought. I was expected someone to, you know, contact me to like maybe pose for the for the statue, mold or the monument. But so far got hurt anything. So I'm assuming they're probably just playing something small, like maybe naming a local park after me or something like that. But so far, I've not heard anything, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've seen people like Dylan mulvaney, you know, ever since he started saying that he's a woman getting endorsement deals bud Light beauty companies. Have any of these companies come calling? Do you think this will lead to endorsement deals for you?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I've left the door open. I've not received any phone calls yet, but you know, that's funny you said Corslight. That's my beer. I've been drinking that for or bud Light. Oh yeah, but light. I apologize.
Speaker 1: I have a I don't want to get sued from cos you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a Corslight drinker. But you know, just to keep the door open. I've been drinking my beer the last few days and and a kouzie that covers up the name that way, you know, I don't want to close the door on any potential endorsement off of many other beer books nobody's called yet quick.
Speaker 1: Commercial break more on the most epic trol ever. You know, I mean you're essentially holding up a mirror to the left right. I mean they tell us you can you know, if you're a little boy, you can be a girl. If you're a girl, you can be a boy. I mean, you can be whatever you want. So what's the reaction been, like.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's it's holding up a mirror and I'm glad you see it the same way. You know, in the beginning, there was a lot of backlash. There's a lot of pushback. There's a lot of fake outrage, mostly by white liberals who felt that they were supposed to be outraged, but as the days have went on, that's completely changed. It's probably one hundred to one now as far as people reach it out from all over the country and all over the Europe and Australia to express their love and support. And you know, there's a lot of people who have kind of been a little frustrated with the way society has been moving, and whether intentionally or unintentionally, they view this as a so they do the reaction that I've received as a reflection, uh that the that the political left doesn't really believe in their own ideology. So our conservatives, the silent majority has been the ones speaking out in support. Uh, the liberal left and the intolerant left just they haven't really been is on board.
Speaker 1: And why can't people just be who God made them?
Speaker 2: You know? Why?
Speaker 1: Why do we increasingly live in a society where children or young people are taught to hate the way that they are, that they have to be something different.
Speaker 2: Well I can agree with that, especially someone who you know, lived that way for oh, I mean all the way up to three weeks ago. So I mean that's the that's the lens which I viewed the world. But I think I don't know what happened. I just started seeing things from different perspective, and for being honest about it, I think I might have been brainwashed by social media. So but who knows how it goes. But there's a lot of people who still have that belief out there. Just be you and be happy with your beautiful body that the Lord gives you.
Speaker 1: Now, have you started dressing differently?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: We did see there was a teacher I can't remember where he lived, but he started, you know, having prosthetic breasts. Do you think that that's a road that you would like to go down to more fully express who you've decided to be as of three weeks now.
Speaker 2: No, I don't participate in what someone else's viewpoint or what they think a caricature of a woman is. As far as you know, makeup breast and dresses and things like that, that's for those individuals of what they think a woman is. I don't necessarily see a woman is that. Furthermore, I have no desire or urge whatsoever to live my life as a woman. I just simply know that I am a woman, So I'll still continue to do all the manly things that the former Ryan Webb has always done as a man. You know, this is something I didn't choose. So just because I know I'm well, it doesn't mean that I'm going to force myself to dress the part that society has designed for us.
Speaker 1: Interesting, have your neighbors reacted in any certain way? Do they know that you've now changed?
Speaker 2: You know you're if you're going to change your name, I didn't know. I'm sorry, I didn't know if you heard that. That is one thing I did change, just my name. I've already done that didn't really have to do too much legally. You know, I am keeping the Heat and Him pronouns, and I'm making it easy for everyone. So you know, I recognize my own delusion, but I don't want anyone else to have to participate in my delusion. So I'm not going to have different pronouns or anything like that. I'm still going to be he and Him. But I did change my name, but again can make that easy for everyone around me. I will now be going by Ryan the female version instead of Ryan the male version. Shame spelling same. Everything is just when you say Ryan, now just know you're saying it the girls Ryan.
Speaker 1: I mean that really clears it up. So I'm glad that I'm that you pointed that out, because otherwise I would have been thoroughly confused. And obviously after having this conversation it all really makes sense now. I'm glad that you've kind of clarified this confusing world that we live in. So Ryan Webb, but Ryan saying it as a female version, not a male version, just for absolute clarity for the audience at home, as feminine of Ryan as we can say it, I don't know if I need to, you know, Ryan kind of feminize the way I say it. Is there anything else you'd like to leave us with before we go?
Speaker 2: Well, you had mentioned a minute ago about what my neighbors think, and I've only had one neighbor who was a little bit shocked. But it wasn't because I was living as a woman. It was because that the tolerant left and the liberal Democrats in our community formed the convoy vehicles to come to my house and dump about two full trash bags of garbage all over my yard. But unfortunately the dear souls couldn't read the address correctly and they got my poor poor little old lady neighbor next door and dump trash all in her yard. So but again, this is this is the this is how they are. They bully and they try to intimidate people into silencing or capitulating to their views, and but that doesn't work, they resort to violence or threats. But as far as the last thing, I would say, you know, it's it's really unfortunate that that this is where we're at. You know, I just make an announcement about how I see myself in my own mind God asking anyone else to participate or call me, you know, ma'am or anything like that, and it's generated so much attention, and I like to focus on the on the more important things we're doing in Della work counting. You know, we've increased the wages for the shares Department, and we're increasing transparency and local government and getting more involvement for community members on boards and committees. But nobody's talking about those things. So, you know, it's a little silly, but here we are. Unfortunately, that's the world burned well.
Speaker 1: Ryan Webb, he him pronouns officially a lesbian of color, breaking the glass ceiling well, hashtag girl power Ryan, but Ryan emphasis on a female version of Ryan not a male version when I say it, I appreciate you taking the time to join the show. Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Oh well, thank you for having me and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Speaker 1: So that was Ryan Webb obviously shattering the glass ceiling. Hashtag girl power to him. Appreciate or yeah you know him because he still goes by male pronouns, so appreciate him joining the show. Every Monday and Thursday we release new episodes, but you can listen throughout the week. Appreciate you taking the time to live. I want to think my executive producer, John Cassio, for putting the show together as always, Leave us a review, give us a rating on Apple Podcasts. Appreciate you listening until next time.