Speaker 1: I think that's why I always avoided that corner of the Internet, was the fear that I would be like, oh, I do need this, I actually want this more than I realized. And now I'm sick of Yeah you know what I mean. Now I'm like really on some weird ship and I should Yeah the man.
Speaker 2: Honestly, mine was always about hustle, Like I was always trying to find ways to make money or like get unlimited porn passes.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's also that is also making money, like it comes from the same comes from the same place I would have before I got my first credit card. I killed somebody for Bang Bros. Three day whoa like because you wouldn't see it, and you'd be like, man, that would be and see days, that's.
Speaker 1: All that's enough to bring Jesus man, that's all I need today he had seven three exactly.
Speaker 3: If that ain't I'm living off for two days worth the actual memories and I've been wearing that ship out. Yeah yeah, three days unlimited three days would go crazy. Even now.
Speaker 4: My chips in your.
Speaker 5: Quality Bears are racists money turkey stuff. I can't tell me.
Speaker 3: Cadillac Grills, CDC Chills, check out the oil, my Catalyac skills. Welcome on Mama's Your gentiles are like to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told.
Speaker 1: Me, the podcast where we dive deep deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 3: Does he say what? Does he say? First? Cadillac chills, Cadillac grill, Cadillac fields, Yeah, wheels, Cadillac is grills something.
Speaker 1: With an F sound more than I think a chill sound.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Cadillac fields, Cadillac. Did you say, Cadiac wheels? You know what? You know? What wheels?
Speaker 6: Cadillac will, Cadillac grill?
Speaker 3: Check out the oil my Cadillac spills? Man, what a run? Cadillac Cadillac meals?
Speaker 2: You ever like listen to old rap that you thought was like, damn, this nigga going, and then you listen at thirty and you're like.
Speaker 3: Bro, that's bro.
Speaker 7: Every we've been mamboozled. Every damn like we have we been mamboz I mean, I mean bro, we talk about it a lot on here.
Speaker 3: The amount of music that I grew up in my room thinking like I'm a genius. I'm a genius for listening. You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Truly I understand the greater truths of the world because I'm tapped in right over here. Yeah, and then you listen to it later and you're like you about a goddamn thing.
Speaker 3: Or it's just like.
Speaker 6: Not contribute to the culture.
Speaker 2: Brocting, Like, Bro, what did this nigga say? It's been a few niggas like I had to be like, what did he say?
Speaker 6: What did he knew?
Speaker 3: He had a knitthat hat was crazy? Because listen, there's I just man, so many lines I think about or just rap that we were told was good. So I listened to it on the idea of it being good. And now I come back and I'm like, I don't I don't think that, Like I think you like karate? Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. I think that if that's cool. I think you were a weirdo. I think you were weirdo. I think I'm weird.
Speaker 1: I think I used to gravitate to weirdos. And I think sometimes weirdos are just weird and not necessarily talented because they're weird, right, which is like, no, you're you're a dude, And I like that.
Speaker 3: I'm always gonna be a fan of that.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 3: That's truthfully why I'd rather be nonsense. Like then the people who are trying to put us on ghost face. Was like, yeah, sometimes I'm just saying shit and like that to me feels like a better form of expression than like trying to make me feel like it's something that it's not, you know what I mean? Yeah, because that's so crazy. I sing about this the other day. I was listening to me and my little me and my little brother were listening to Michael Jackson, and I was like, Bro, Michael Jackson, the coldest shit is like the words are the least important part of the whole thing, Like the actual words feel, it's the feel behind it.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, yes, the words still meant something right, Like their songs were always actually talking about some steal. But I'm like, I used to be the biggest low Wayne fan. Yeah, like I thought low Wayne was the great, Like this is the greatest rapper alive. When you go back, we all got to mid thirty two, bro, I'll be I'll be going back. I'll go back because I'm like, man, I gotta whoa what was it? And I'm like, out of five hundred songs, he's probably really talked about something in twenty and thirty of them.
Speaker 6: The thing is, though, in those ones.
Speaker 2: That he did, it's like, man, miss my dogs and tie my hands in some of my favorite songs ever, Okay, feel me. But when you go through the catalog, you're like, what the fuck is he talking about.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of creative ways of saying he got pussy.
Speaker 3: And money because it always need to be more than that, because he wasn't coming to a saying it was anything other. No, then here's how I get pussy in a different way. And it's like, damn, this is just said.
Speaker 2: It's crazy though, because like to be so influential and not like say things that really really change people lives. It's praising me and I'm I'm I was a huge way fan and it took me getting older to be like.
Speaker 1: From this, I think to your earlier point there there's a it's another realization of like, oh, I ain't got nobody in here trying to help.
Speaker 3: Me move forward.
Speaker 1: That's that's the one dude to be like, hey man, you ain't ain't got to be over there.
Speaker 3: You go try this ship, bro. That That's that's the difficulty I feel like of getting older is these people that were heroes, not necessarily that they said that themselves, but that you looked up to them in the way that and and maybe I think a lot of times, especially rappers, I think maybe a lot of times the responsibility of what being a hero to kids is maybe not taking that seriously, which you can't You can't necessarily fault anyone for that, But there is like a level of like, damn, but I do wish some buddy was like, yeah, you know what I mean, I wish somebody it wasn't just popping out because I thought that was like getting out into the world. I thought that the world was about for a long time. Yeah, somebody, somebody at least wanting.
Speaker 1: The position of hero. Is that something you're You're very we might as well do you. Yeah, we started, Come on a perfect segue our guest today. We couldn't be more excited that he's here. This is fucking is the coolest shit ever. He is a nigga you cannot have missed on the internet. He is everywhere throwing fucking concerts in his backyard like nobody else has ever done.
Speaker 3: Come on, I took the stairs on my leg dad, Come.
Speaker 1: The Pride of Alaho, California. He's here, Larrussell, everybody give it up for.
Speaker 8: What was that?
Speaker 3: That was Mike saying through the blessings of God from Next Friday. Okay, okay, let me hear one more time with the blessings of Gone. You know that's isn't that the future one? Nope, that's that's the one that's Next Friday. When he was smoking weed and he said, Craig took a doodo so bad nobody wanted to go in the bathroom when we were little boys. Only the pastor could go through through the blessings of God.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Friday for doing the same dookie joke the whole time.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't really need a lot of others. We got one dookie joke.
Speaker 9: Bro, you could make a whole movie off smells bad, Oh God. And that's like, yeah, I really respect that. They were like, we ain't fixing nothing. This person one worked, We're gonna do it again.
Speaker 3: He wrote that movie as a rapper. I don't think we give credit for ice Cube for being a multidiscipline. Uh, Like he wrote a like, you know how many rappers come out with a movie and it's like a classic movie. Yeah, man, cuz it's like I love Belly, right, I put it all my girlfriend falls asleep. Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. It's not like an actually good movie, Rapper. Movies aren't usually good. I saw get Richard Die trying in the theaters. It's not like a great They took like three NAS songs and they were like, let's turn them into plays.
Speaker 1: What if we just made these bad plays with NAS music?
Speaker 6: Hilarious? Hilarious.
Speaker 1: Everybody keeps trying to pretend like it's not because Williams, you know what I mean, like made it look so crazy amazing. Yeah, like, no, these are bad. These are Tyler Perry level plays. But NAS wrote them.
Speaker 3: Yeah hilarious man. But anyways, and ice Cube did that. That's a real movie, bro, That's like a real truth. Like that's a comedy. Hilarious. Holds up, Larussell.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this before we did your intro, but I now want to know are you the type of person are you positioning yourself as a hero that like you were hoping kids had when you were coming or that you had when you were coming up.
Speaker 2: I don't like intentionally try to position myself as that, but my soul kind of leads me in that direction. Like sometimes I just do things because it's like, bro, I ain't never had Like I like to do things that I didn't get to experience, especially when it comes to the kids in a little homies like I'm throwing field days now, I'd be at the school moving with the kids.
Speaker 3: I just for the kids.
Speaker 2: It's like, bro, I got to make sure they get that experience because I never got it. Like the fact that I was a kid and I thought being famous was just like a television thing and not like a tangible thing, not even just fame but success.
Speaker 6: I thought it was like a TV thing, you know, not a tangible life thing.
Speaker 2: And and so for me, yeah, in a way, I just I make sure that I could give people an experience that I didn't have, but not as a hero, just like as as a regular nigga.
Speaker 1: Yeahs make that the memory, right, This ain't got to be a good memory.
Speaker 6: You're just a memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that is better to position yourself that way because I got on I think about the same thing of like giving myself experiences that I didn't have as a kid. But that just leads me to like, I'm in Papados on Wednesday at two pm.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy I got. I got a little white homie named Roman, little kid. Like I was, I just be outside and this nigga and his little brother. They end up coming out one.
Speaker 3: Day and you for collecting a white child, that's all.
Speaker 2: It's really cool, crazy time up and he'll be sliding my music like you little da da da, you know. And it went from that to like he'll text me and be like, hey can I come with you to this show and we'll take that nigga like and given to talk like, hey, don't be here touching up, make sure you don't get lost. But he like, as a child, you never think you just gonna hang out with your favorite rapper randomly and he's gonna drop you off at home and walk you back to your crib.
Speaker 1: And that ain't real, you feel me. But like old Top would have walked into the school one day, it would have changed everything.
Speaker 2: There's some shows me and there's just a little white child with me, and you're like, who is this. That's just a little homie from the block.
Speaker 3: I won't say little boys be careful about hanging out with grown men.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you know crazy.
Speaker 2: One time he came to a show with like another a dope, and I'm like, why you just hanging out with a dope And then I'm.
Speaker 6: Like, well.
Speaker 10: Get it, but I'm cool the other one. You only know one strange man, and that's me. That's fire though.
Speaker 1: So it's not so much about positioning, uh with intent, it's just positioning. It's just being present exactly. That's very fire.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 1: We we talked about this before we started recording. We want to cover a conspiracy that uh that frankly, you've been doing your own independent research.
Speaker 3: It sounds like which one the conspirac? Yeah? The no no no no no, no, okay, okay the other one, the other one. Yeah, my own research is I have my own feelings about it. Yeah, okay, Like I.
Speaker 6: Said, independent research.
Speaker 1: The way I presented it, he was like, man, I've been thinking about this. I've been working on this for a while. I do have I have a fully I have a pretty fully pledged But the conspiracy is my mama told me.
Speaker 3: The internet is dead.
Speaker 1: Give us your your just first reactions to what that might mean. What does that mean to you when you hear those words.
Speaker 2: It's a dead place in terms of humanity, like this is discussion is me and the homies have often the Internet has caused people to lack very very necessary human skills. People can't talk anymore. People are negative, like like like we're in a world now where like niggas hyper negative, like a hater to the a hundred degrees. Like it's like it's cultivated a space where like people could be nasty that you.
Speaker 3: Don't do and your.
Speaker 2: Comment on Instagram will come up and say they'll never you'll run into them in person and they will never.
Speaker 6: You feel me like like it's kind of like it's just yeah, it's just to.
Speaker 2: Make an eye contest space where a lot of ethos just die, like like just yeah, yeah, it's an interesting world now.
Speaker 3: That I have. I have a friend who just went through that ship where he used to shout out to the who he probably watches it. He used to wake up and like that was part of his morning, was just going online and talking ship to people WHOA but he was like he was on some he was like that anyways, Like he's like he was an I go outside and I'll say something slick too. So it was just like it was like almost like a way to funnel with and get it out and then go out into the world.
Speaker 1: It's like this this is my morning stretches. Yeah, this is my this is my cup of coffee. But now I got to go be a person.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And eventually he got over it. But it was crazy to see because he just like because I would be like I'd be on my ship scrolling, just some random ship, and It'd be like, who, why are you comment on this and be like that food looks like booty And I'm like, oh, it's just like you're just you're just like you got to get it out of you, you know what I mean. And at first I thought that was great, but then you realize that there's like it becomes a place that you can't trust because the whole thing is people doing this right, but you can't take it seriously because of the ability to do that.
Speaker 2: But you know what I've what I've learned is like some days I wish those people were bonds, like those are real humans. Oh You're like you'll go into the world and experience a nigga who's like, oh you you don't got it.
Speaker 3: You just live on the.
Speaker 2: Internet, like you you are a little you're a little off. Yeah, and we like, hey, you know, like like that that shit really crazy? Yeah, it be real humans.
Speaker 1: Part of the conspiracy the the the Internet is dead is the claim that people are saying the Internet is in fact fully literally dead, that like a lot of the people you're engaging with on a daily basis are bots. But your argument is sort of the opposite, where you're saying, nah, they're not bots. These are just really sad, sick motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Yeah talking, which is kind of like a bot. Like they're lifeless, like they they have lost their their humanity thing. Like it's like, bro, you you can't even you can't even look at nobody in their face.
Speaker 6: And here like you you are. It's gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you if you let it, the inn, it will blow your speakers out, yea truly if you let it. If you let it, you will it will sensory overload you to the point of like nothing is nothing feels like anything. We talk about it all the time.
Speaker 1: Both he and I I think, in very different ways, have like kind of a little fucked up algorithms, you know what I mean, Like real twisted, little odd shit that I like and I am into it in a way that I'm not ashamed of. But it's not good. It's not making me better. I'm not pushing anyone forward with whatever this corner is, and the idea that somebody would curate that corner, would find themselves in it and be proud of this and feel like that is progress. It is only going to turn them into some twisted version of ye like we're.
Speaker 3: Talking, brother. That's what I think is so fucked up about the Internet is like it's like I don't feel that way, but I easily understand how somebody who maybe doesn't have anything or any power in the world comes to see that corner of the Internet is like, that's my comfort, that's my space, you know what I mean. No, I have no maybe autonomy because they're young, or maybe they live at home, or like I have no whatever within the real world. But hearing this thing, it is mine and I did make it, and as toxic as it is, I feel like that's why people write for it.
Speaker 2: And you get a level of validation that like generally an unsuccessful, non thriving hate nas nigga doesn't make it further than the basement, but they can make it on a public forum where people could like their comment and see it and they can get a response like it does something to the brain. It's like, no, bro, don't forget. You're like a loser in real life. Like when you don't you feel what's doing.
Speaker 1: This at the gas station and how he's doing it and getting another thousand immediate reactions that changes the way you see yourself.
Speaker 3: This is gonna sound fucked up, but that's why losers gotta be losers. There should not be any community in these antisocial behaviors. Yeah, you shouldn't be able to find another one. And I understand, right, I understandre's some shit. You could be into some weird shit, and it's like, man, you're in the anime and nobody around is in the anime. You should be able to reach out for that. But it's these like more extreme behaviors the actually disagree. Damn.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest with you because I grew up an anime kid when it was illegal, you know what I mean, when they had a fucking law against it.
Speaker 11: If you said that out loud, square up, you're weird and we don't like that shit. The only reason I even got to watch dragon ball Z was because my stepdad had some weird ass tapes that he got from like a weird dude and had him and we could watch like half the Freezer Saga, and it was enough for me to be like this, this is what I am, This is who the fuck I am, and I had to figure it out.
Speaker 3: There was nobody else popping in to be like, yo, I see you, I hear you.
Speaker 6: I made it out. Y'all should have to make it out.
Speaker 3: I damn do you want to say shout out to the weird dude videotape economy. That's crazy that that ship was getting like a sister, the traveling Yeah, some big dog.
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 2: Imagine the NBA making a new team and they're like this is just for all the last niggas on the bat because they're like, these.
Speaker 6: Are like you were never going to get into the game, and here we love how you.
Speaker 13: Like this.
Speaker 3: We're gonna let you play.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give you this team and a bunch of niggas who love the last niggas on the bench get to come.
Speaker 6: Root for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's the danger of it, frankly, is because that's how you make more losers.
Speaker 3: It's a bunch of people. Go.
Speaker 1: I do identify with the dude on the last on the last end of the bench because I was like.
Speaker 6: You make it cool. Cool.
Speaker 2: That's why I like places like Shade Room and like there's some some places that are able to get to a level that like and natural life like nigga when I was going to when you see a nigga who like, hey, not much on some shit like and being that nasty like nigga, we're not hanging out with you, Yeah, feel me.
Speaker 6: But now they've been able.
Speaker 2: To build community and communion amongst negativity and just nasty asshes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, yeah, it used to be like if you saw a dude talking about a rappers child, everybody would be like, you're being weird, right bro, But now it's like six thousand people like what you said about Blue Ivy. So now you're empowered to continue to behave that way when you're talking about with think pieces on Blue Ivy. Bro, adult come on, man, adults come on. People with jobs and it's not a job. It's to be right now.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is it's not even always even just negative. It's the obsession. Do you know what I mean where that also is a flag of like why did you write a think piece on her progress?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: What the fuck are you tracking? Just be like she danced good, move on, it's a baby, baby alone. But now it's like part of our culture to just exist both bought bought, as you put it in brain and in spirit.
Speaker 3: We're just like everything is.
Speaker 1: They can response, be it absolute vile ship or like obsession to the point of like where when do you exist?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: You get to be a parson And that's the thing in reality, you don't like when we younger and a kid come to family and a party and you go dance, it's like, hey.
Speaker 6: Hey, we're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah back to that.
Speaker 6: And as a kid, that's like you know and that and that should be.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we in the world now we're like they are degrading this child and overly endosment and what a child is doing because they can because they get the ability to.
Speaker 1: And then there's somebody in the corner being like fuck that kid the whole time he dance, Like fuck that little boy.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 2: I told you, I said, Bro, We've got to a point in society where some niggas is so wild that they lose their social media.
Speaker 6: You know how wild you gotta be for Twitter to be like, hey.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know a couple of I know a couple of them.
Speaker 6: Hey, look give me this, you give me this.
Speaker 1: You know, I ain't even got rules because you're being crazy because those people too.
Speaker 3: It's never the first time I'm thinking of a couple of friends I haven't. That's always like.
Speaker 6: They got me again, like bro again again, repeat offender.
Speaker 3: You know they talk about it like jail and.
Speaker 1: Two weeks it's like, yo, this isn't good man. These places are lawless. How the fun did you find the one sheriff? You're being crazy, insane, insane, insane when when you think about like that kind of reaction right too, because inevitably it's got to be coming your way with all with the scale that you're working at, how do you manage that? Are you finding yourself being like I have to be shooting back at this or is this truly like y'all got it?
Speaker 3: Go crazy? Cause respond? It depends on the state you catch me in.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm naturally like petty and comedic, So sometimes if I'm in a good space, I'm just gonna respond because it's like, I know who you are.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make fun of it.
Speaker 2: You feel me, But depending on the state I man, Like if I'm not in a good state and I see the wrong shit, it will affect me, you know, negatively, just because it's like, nigga, you don't know me. It's like, bro, you're what are you doing? Like why are you even here? That's the thing about social media is like it's an open house. So it's like any nigga go walking your ship and ship on the floor and be like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Out of here and you're not out of here, ship on your floor.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna let everybody know, Hey, this nigga ship on the floor like that.
Speaker 2: You feel me that, Like I'll be I'll be broadcasting that ship sometimes and then you know, if I'm in an inner right state, it's like, bro, it's water underbridge. It's like you know you can never escape, But now it's crazy. I didn't used to never experience nearly as much like negativity and hate as I see today on like things I be doing, And that's one of the signs of like, damn, I made it to a point where it's niggas who come across my ship who didn't want to.
Speaker 6: I'm just that big that they have to see it cross my you know.
Speaker 2: But it's like it pissed them off because they weren't they weren't even the target.
Speaker 6: But it's that is moving that much, right, and that's a testament.
Speaker 3: To what you've built. Because I was curious in talking about this dead internet thing. It seems to me like you specifically have built a space that relies a lot on interactions with your fans and your people. So even the idea that you're coming across so much negativity when your shit is like you really seem to be focused on what you're doing and your people bro. Like I almost stopped posting because of it, cause I.
Speaker 2: Was just like, I don't even want to give niggas the chance to like add to what I'm doing, Like I don't want. But it made me like I'll realize I was robbing the people who love what I do, Like I'm one of the only places online you can go and get like joy from the uc A kid rapping or just some dope. Like people come to my page and smile.
Speaker 6: You feel me. It's like you feel good and we don't get that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'll scroll and I'm like, damn, there's nothing like my page, Like there's no place you can go and get this type of engagement and experience hip hop and see Juvie in a backyard and Mike Jones that don't exist nowhere.
Speaker 6: It's just us. You feel me.
Speaker 2: So I feel like I have a due diligence took saying you. But some days it'd be like, Bro, I don't even want to share shit because I don't want these niggas to see to be like, man, I'm going to chime in here.
Speaker 3: You feel me, bro, And that that speaks to the nature of being an artist right now and putting shit out is like I was thinking about that with this that internet theory, because a lot of the reasons I feel like hesitant is like you said, you don't want to and it's like, that's why we have we have so much bad art because a lot of the art you're seeing is just people who are willing to expose themselves to that, and artists are sensitive by nature. So a lot of people who are flying under the radar because they don't even want to give themselves to that, especially like on a smaller level.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, it's been it's been overused and you know, to to the fucking bone. But like that Erica Badu, that live performance of Tyrone where she's like I'm an artist, keep in mind I'm an artist, is like god damn. That spoke to me where I was just like, yes, yeah, we should be able to just say that and not and and frankly build a little bit of a wall between this where you feel this constant need to engage with what I've done. I'm truly just wanting you to experience it more than I'm wanting like the direct feedback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you to write a song about your mother that means something to you and post it in there like ass And it's like I.
Speaker 6: Didn't make this.
Speaker 3: I don't make this.
Speaker 6: Talking about.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, that wasn't my goal ever, Like this wasn't more than I was just sharing some something to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean I think so much of it too, is like as far as like with the art of it, The nature of art for me, I think is like this is the lens through which I communicate, So this is my communication. It's not necessarily for interpretation as much as it's like this is me getting wasn't for feedback no, but then you got to like.
Speaker 6: The way it is.
Speaker 3: You gotta give it to everybody. Yeah, and they want it. There's people like we're talking about, there's people who wake up every day to shit on the fact that you did that because they can't or whatever it is. What's that duality?
Speaker 2: Like, if you want people to talk good about it, you have to run the risk of people talking bad about it too, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean Patrice talked about that with his comedy where he Patrise O'Neil. His position was that if everybody in the crowd liked him, he was bombing or at least not doing anything of note. Yeah, and that was he intentionally was like, I need at least like a handful of y'all to be deeply upset with what I'm doing in order for this to truly be effective. And I think that's probably it doesn't have to be your intent. That's what made him a crazy person, but it also might be. The way that art is at its best is polarizing. It's affecting both good and bade. The unfortunate part of the Internet is that we feel like we have to vocalize that feeling rather than just feel it and move on.
Speaker 2: There's so much shit that regular people feel like there's so much shit, Like I'll see something or hear something that I'm like, man, this ass.
Speaker 3: But I don't be like, hey this ass you believe it? Never Yeah, click send, I send it. I scrolled down. I say Langston Kermit, I say, look at this bullshit, bro, look at this trash bullshit. And we keep it in the DM like she says, yeah that Nigga should kill himself, and then we go on about the rest.
Speaker 6: Of the humans symbol.
Speaker 3: I tell my friend and then I go, I go and I shake their hand, polited on an entire run, just like No.
Speaker 6: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's genuinely crazy, and it's never existed at any point in history, Like there was never like a town dude who just went to the square and was like.
Speaker 11: Fuck with Lorraine, I don't fuck with Debra John getting on Like that never happened.
Speaker 1: So like now we have this ability to talk to everybody and it's bringing out this instinct for violence.
Speaker 3: Brother, there's in the house stuff. Still, I feel like there needs to be in the house conversations. We know that it's like, bro, why this shouldn't be news to us?
Speaker 2: Like like I've never when I was growing up, I never knew my favorite rappers baby mama's.
Speaker 3: Or how many or none of that. I just knew their art. I knew what they said. I was like, Yeah, this guy's amazing. I didn't know future, like like future you think of like future, right, Yeah, No, nobody at any time did I know that much about them, Nor should you know how many kids he has? I should know that. That's not my business.
Speaker 1: You gotta figure that out.
Speaker 3: I didn't know my favorite rapper's first name usually sometimes right, they said, yeah, you remember how excited everybody was when you found out Kanye's real name was Kanye. Yeah that is still okay, let's go. I remember feeling crazy when I found out Method Man's name was Clifford. And I don't know why because that's a real name, but in my heart, I was like, I thought his name. I thought his name was method Man to Caw. I thought he was method Man to cow middle name. Yeah, yeah, yeah, let's take a break, let's come back.
Speaker 1: Break, We're gonna come back more l Russell more.
Speaker 3: My mama told me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then she said in my ear, go deep, stay with me now, And what hurt me is, I was already.
Speaker 3: All the way in, just like you're all the way in on this podcast. We appreciate y'all. Welcome back to my mom and told me I was, I was so when you brought this up. You I had told you that I had been thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Research is like, LOI I think what conversation about the Internet being dead?
Speaker 3: I think that what has happened to the Internet is what has happened, what happens in general. It just what happens to humanity where it's like it's become regional, and that's how you have to think of it at this point. It's become regional where you go. I think some spots are dead. I think there's some Internet that is just bots conversing with bots, and that's the whole thing. But I do think there are pockets of like I think it becomes difficult when a platform gets as like as large as yours or even where I hope we go someday. But like, uh, I think that there is it's just become a regional thing and to engage on it, to engage with it in a real way, you sort of have to do your due diligence to find where where that pocket is, and it's made the internet because it's not like it's not care free anymore. It's like you have to protect your mental health when you go on this thing. Yeah, so you really have to pick your spots these days.
Speaker 1: I think that is why I gravitate towards like little weirdo odd shit is that it is sort of like a protection of my sanity and that to your point, and this is gonna feel strange as a connection, but it does make me genuinely happy and it's not violent. I never like like some you know, some graphic thing. It's just a person who clearly is in need of mental health there that that isn't hurting themselves or anyone else.
Speaker 3: Bro. My favorite is weirdos. Weirdo happy weirdos on the internet is like the only thing like if you got I'd be sending lengths in. This guy who has a leggings company, he's like a Puerto Rican guy, and like the whole shit is he just be like they say you can't wear like they said you can't wear looking at you a wedding and then he throws a fit. And that shit makes me feel better than anything else.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're not doing enough service to what he looks like. He he looks like Eric Lisu from Coming to America, Remember the soul Glow if you like squished them into Plato, you know what I mean. He's like little and buff, but not like the buff that you aspire to be, the buff that like your shit didn't work right. Yeah, man, like you're you're doing the wrong exercises, my man, because it's saying this don't look good on nobody. And he puts on big ass bright leggings.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like a fit.
Speaker 1: You're like throwing a fit and be like going out for the night and put on leggings and then and.
Speaker 3: It's amazing and it makes me feel good.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 3: It's like him dressed in low out the dough. That old couple you ever seen, It's like two old people. It's like, I think he was in the Marines and now he's retired and they live in Hawaii's so whole black couple and they'll just be like what they're gonna wear on vacation today. And then that's the ship that I like. That's what I like on the Internet. It's positive for you, yeah, yeah, or like people with weird bodies that guy on the Bodybuilder his shirt off, but he's.
Speaker 1: He's really fun and you gotta check out with the promo for sick motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's sick.
Speaker 6: He's not sick.
Speaker 3: He just used to be a bodybuilder.
Speaker 1: But he's funny because he'll take his shirt off and be like he's like a lot of y'all gonna say I'm not a bodybuilder, but I'm a bodybuilder to me. Yeah, And it's it's really him protecting himself where.
Speaker 3: He's like, I am an artist, and the beauty of it is his old lady is on there, like, tell me he used to be a body She's gassing him up every bit. But it's every video she's reminding him. You gotta tell him it's beautiful.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: But those are pockets that I can find joy on the internet. Obviously people probably do.
Speaker 1: Do you have a favorite corner of the internet. Do you have like some some ship that you're just like, all right, this is this is where I thrive, This is where I feel safe.
Speaker 2: Oh, my algorithm is like ass cheeks pickleballs.
Speaker 3: Understand I understand completely. That's not a common combo. I would say cheeks a pickleball. Yeah, that's not that's not the second thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm collectic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, think about asses.
Speaker 2: It really takes over the algorithm and then yeah, like swarm you and the like, you know, you go from one and it's like, oh you love ass, Like I mean I like that one outn't but I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and you know you're caught up in the like now it's cartoon asses.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't wanna get cartoon asses.
Speaker 3: Well that's sometimes.
Speaker 1: This guy's a freaking I mean, I mean, all my asses are real lo Wressel, human ass, human ass.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: I had a thought the other day though, it was just like there are people walking around with fake asses and we're just okay with it.
Speaker 13: Mm.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's like like we're not making fun of them as much as like we need to, and we shouldn't because like you know, if you're if you're in that position where you're like altering your ass, like you're probably not in the in the in the best state.
Speaker 6: But there's just some things that's like we have to be like, hey, bro, you going.
Speaker 3: A little far.
Speaker 2: Like I struggle with it all the time, Like it's not it's it's it's as as common as niggas do made it now by your about that there, It's like, bro, that's that's not that that shit is.
Speaker 3: Like, it's it's crazy.
Speaker 6: You a low off it and it's crazy on the low end, is.
Speaker 3: What I think. Like when you see people with cheap ones where you're like, damn, you fucked your whole Like we were in at the other day, Yeah, and you fucked your your whole ship looks crazy. That sucks.
Speaker 1: I think about it all the time when I see a bad, bad b vo and I go, why aren't we all reacting to this?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like A, I think we all owe this young lady, frankly the respect of being like, whoa right, something happened to you? Yeah, instead of all just pretending that everything's fine, because then that person's not ever gonna like do the.
Speaker 3: Best of things. Like they found a pocket of the world that agrees with it.
Speaker 2: And there's some nasty nigga who sees one of those crazy ones and it's like I'm all in and it's like, bro, this like he don't make it no.
Speaker 3: Better for some dude that's his comfort place. Like I got a man with leggings.
Speaker 1: You fell, you fell in love with with Freezer's second form.
Speaker 3: I know I know you enough to know it was good, to know it's good, Like y'all, I told you, I dug in, I earned my ship.
Speaker 1: No, it really they look crazy, And I think sometimes we owe people more honesty than we're willing to give them person to person. I think where it gets dangerous, and we've already been talking about this is when it becomes like Internet engagement, because that's not a real human engagement and therefore only gonna come off as violence.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean, Yeah, we we've got into a point in society where we're hyper complicit, like instead of choosing what's possibly best for humanity or best for people's mental state, where like, nah, I just I just get the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah you feel me? Yeah, I mean yeah, that's the nature of everything, right, Yeah, Because I do wonder, I know how that that I view the Internet, and I do wonder what percentage of the people view the Internet in maybe a similar lens as me, As like I look at it and I'm like, this is not the Internet on the whole, but like social media specifically, I go on Instagram knowing it's all bullshit. I don't. That's why I had looked into the death Internet theory so much. Bro found I find myself not believing anything anyone says on the Internet. People be like, oh, I saw this, and I cried, No, I'm doing it.
Speaker 6: No, I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: But that cynicism is like that that also makes me feel detached when I go on the Internet, Yeah, which is like it is a place that's possible clearly to build community. Right, You're on there building community, and I'm rejecting everything.
Speaker 1: Everybody my life almost daily sends me some kind of like parenting tip video where it's like, oh, these people are telling their kids instead of no, they're saying, how can we reconsider our position on things? And maybe we should try that language? And every time she sends it, it's only meant to make us better parents, it's only meant to make us a stronger family, And I go, better cut it out.
Speaker 4: I think I'm looking.
Speaker 2: Forward to cracking up.
Speaker 3: I hope I can, like you totally crack up. I'm like totally cracked up.
Speaker 6: All you know, what's hella funny?
Speaker 2: Like the generational no difference in like how we were raised and how we're like choosing to raise our children us In regard to me, it's like it's beautiful to see in some instances because you see like children getting opportunity to be a version of a child that I've never got to experience myself being. And it's really really dope to witness.
Speaker 3: And that's the huge positive. I feel like kids are people more now than they ever have.
Speaker 2: Bro kids are and they always I've always been like like when I was a kid, I kind of seen everything. I just didn't have an understanding of what I was like experiencing or comprehending because I couldn't be like, hey, what is this?
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 3: Why is this?
Speaker 6: It's like to join us up?
Speaker 2: You know, like you you don't, Yeah, you feel like no one wants to explain. I remember one time we're going somewhere and my daughter was like where we going? And I was like, you just get in the car, because that's how why you don't need to know where we're going? And her mother was like, wouldn't you want to know? I had it like if someone pulled.
Speaker 6: Up and like, hey, we're about to leave, you want to know im.
Speaker 1: It's like it's kids, where you're sitting in a car and just being like, I guess, yo, when we stop, we stop?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what this is.
Speaker 8: Remember situations like that and my mom would be like, none of your business, You're crazy. I'm gonna be there though, but I'm gonna be there. I'd like to I'd like to think about how how I might walk into this kid.
Speaker 2: For so long have been like very dehumanized, to be like, it's like you're not a human.
Speaker 6: Your child, well, that's precise.
Speaker 3: Is this a gas station or a gala? Which one? Are we going to? Let me know?
Speaker 2: It's insane, It's really insane, But it's so dope when you like cultivate a relationship with a child where you're like they're able to talk and they're thriving, and you can see the benefits of like what you're pouring into there. And then when you meet kids that has parents that's doing that and you're like, oh, yeah, you you know, like some kids you run into you and you're like you're behind or you're like, oh you're advanced, yeah, but they're really not advanced.
Speaker 6: They're just like being treated like a human.
Speaker 3: I mean, you need it. You see it as adults too, where you're like, oh you they did right by you. You're like, oh, so you're just okay, Yeah, you got no complaints. That's pretty good for you, my man. I'm happy for you playing. I'm fine too. I'm you're disgusting. Give me two hundred dollars. That was good?
Speaker 1: Should we Uh, let's take one more break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's take a last break.
Speaker 1: Let's take one more break, and then we're gonna do a voicemail with with some of our listeners.
Speaker 3: Do that'll be the whole thing, all right?
Speaker 14: Perfect?
Speaker 3: Marl Russell Moore.
Speaker 15: Ma mama told me, yeah, you think the bigger the booty, the finder idiot.
Speaker 3: And now we convinced her.
Speaker 6: She walks switching that.
Speaker 3: Big old booty and all that it ain't nothing but do do in there. But it ain't nothing but blessings in here, y'all. Welcome back to my mama told me. L Russell's still here.
Speaker 1: We're still talking about the fact that the Internet, in theory, is dead. It seems like we've reached some agreement that while there are real people still engaging on the Internet, maybe a part of our humanity has died on that space and we would do well to manage it and maybe bring some people back to life.
Speaker 3: To life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it could be complete opposite. I've witnessed people be nourished and become better humans and people in the world through consuming my content and you joining my community and ending up at shows and finding people like minded. Like the Internet is a very very very youthful tool when used properly, but some people just choose to It's like, bro, this is what you chose to do with your fucking screwdriver.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like this is this is what this is. This is what you chose to do.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like some kids you can get the fucking you give a tablet to and they'll like fucking start coding and do stam and some with chew on it.
Speaker 3: Yes and shout out to the tours. You're not worse, You're just different. Yeah, man.
Speaker 1: On YouTube, I'm actually devastated to find out I've been working with the cheur this whole time.
Speaker 3: What did you think this was? You knew what this was. This was when you called me mature from way back.
Speaker 1: All right, we need to We're gonna do a voicemail you I haven't listened to this. Let's find out what these people are talking about.
Speaker 14: First of all, y'all ain't gonna gas like me with that weird, freaky voice message and then act like we're the ones who re acting weird.
Speaker 1: Leave the message okay, just to catch you up, because I don't want you I don't want this to end on the wrong foot.
Speaker 3: This has been ongoing. We we are.
Speaker 1: Listeners have accused us quite a bit of having a freaky voicemail like whatever, and we.
Speaker 3: Don't remember what we said.
Speaker 1: I have no memories, like months ago, but apparently the voicemail that we asked people to leave a message on is like real freaky, to the point that they now get upset with us that we ever pushed back on them, being like, hey, y'all are being freaky.
Speaker 3: Also they send freaky, stuffy what do y'all put out like a post that say leave a voicemail or like yeah, we got a phone number and we were just in here. Bullshit. They were like, you need to record a voicemail, so we just recorded. When we thought that was funny.
Speaker 1: I thought we were being silly, and now apparently we were up there being.
Speaker 3: Host Everybody now is like, oh, you guys are being freaky why.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, I don't know what I said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, high so yeah, and I just don't care to listen to it.
Speaker 14: Y'all ask her for it anyways, all right, So not really a theory, but I got stereotype. I went in the grocery store, and outside the grocery store Scout. I was like, yo, girl Scout cookie time. Let's go on outside. I'm gonna have some cash. I'll be right back. I come back outside.
Speaker 12: Okay, give me two boxes. And he was like, which one?
Speaker 3: I go ten minutes?
Speaker 9: And the mom.
Speaker 3: Said, I knew it.
Speaker 16: Whoa, whoa, Okay, wait a minute, let him finish, because I do have some feelings.
Speaker 12: And I kind of laughed it off at first, until as I was walking back to the parking lot with my cookies and I realized I had been stereotyped. Ten minute girl Scout cookie are the new ports of Girl cow cookies?
Speaker 3: This ment then I needed that mental anyway. Okay, but okay, right, yeah, you hear what he said. Yeah, I don't think that that's what happened. Oh you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't take this to be a true interpretation of the moment.
Speaker 3: I don't think that, first of all, don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know the numbers enough on Girls Scout cookies to understand what is the blackest Girls Scout cookie? But I don't know if it is then mints. What's your favorite Girls Scout cookie?
Speaker 6: I don't even really eat Girl Scout cookie?
Speaker 3: What's your favorite Girls cut cookie? Okay, yeah with the peanut butter, all right.
Speaker 2: I honestly only think we ever really fault Girl Scout cookies, like never see.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't have like vivid memories of girls cookies in my life.
Speaker 3: It's it's really good.
Speaker 2: I know, I know what they are, and I'm sure I've had something. But it was like very pet like this wasn't a thing.
Speaker 6: I don't. I don't think her I knew.
Speaker 3: It was stereotypical.
Speaker 2: It was probably like this is the best seller, and I think it's not stereotypical if you walk away with it, like if you pull up to the chicken spot and they like three pins, right, and then you walk away you're like, yeah, that's exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 3: It's like, I mean, you didn't know it, Yeah, what do you want? And that's what I think happened here as soon as I heard this, because I have been in that position where at first I would have been like him, because for whatever reason, you're in that situation and in your head you're like, but what you mean you knew it? But then it's like, like you said, maybe it's the most popular one. Maybe he had a green shirt, Like.
Speaker 1: I don't think, Well, if it's the green shirt, she's.
Speaker 6: This thing is not mister mint, He's a human being being.
Speaker 3: Stop being crazy, all right. But I'm saying I think there is a level sometime where like you find yourself stretching where I think maybe that lady just wanted to connect lady, and she was like, you know what, I thought you I don't know, you know what I mean? I tend to agree. I will say that I think that that is the the horror of what.
Speaker 1: Racism actually leaves behind in a tangible way, where like you spend your entire day reading every human interaction with somebody who doesn't look like you as a potential offense, rather than just like, now, this is somebody who wanted to talk to me more than they had the equipment, Yeah to do mean, and I think you said that perfectly that's like the difficulty.
Speaker 3: It's not like always the out and out racism. It's a little ship where he went back to his car and for it that fucked his day up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like that's what would be like some people be some people be so serious about life or so borderline like I could be that those things throw them on.
Speaker 6: Like earlier when I asked him when I was like, how's your June teenth?
Speaker 13: Like very funny moment if he is, you know, like that that for for zones like right there, like trying to figure out that thing that's like, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: All you were trying to radicalize the staff here for some reason. Yeah, you're gonna be in the nation Like wait a minute, I got to research.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I think at its core, we're just uh, we're all sensitive because of history.
Speaker 3: We're artists of sorts, and I think that that is the type of thing. When I heard that, I was like, I think that's the type of thing that maybe like American the culture, white people don't understand that that's that's the type of thing that gets you like often you know what I mean, Where that's the type of ship little fuck your day up. It's not like, it's not like blatant, it's that it's that level of being on guard.
Speaker 6: And what should like.
Speaker 2: You can't have a fucked up day with thin mints in your passenger seat already.
Speaker 6: Already negated thing. You can't be the man in your bad jer seat.
Speaker 12: Let it go.
Speaker 1: You're gonna take those home and freeze them mad, then make them chilly and then be bad still.
Speaker 3: But also in that it could be the newport of cook of cookies. I've also put newports in the freezer, and that's complicated. WHOA what's that do? I don't know, man, I was just like nineteen trying to figure some shit out.
Speaker 6: I knew a guy you're like trying to recharge him. I knew.
Speaker 3: It was like it comes. It's like there's like two more out say, get ready, somebody send us a voicemail and let me know that you also put menthos in your freeze. I got another for my life anymore. Either. But there was like a time. Yeah, damn, yeah, I think we did it. Yeah, this was good.
Speaker 1: I think it was a good episode. Yeah, Loreuzzo, could you tell the people where they can find you? What cool shit you got going on?
Speaker 6: I'm everywhere. Like you hear me. I got a lot of cool shit going on. You just gotta tap in and tune in.
Speaker 3: You can google me. That's the best place to find me. Yeah, google this nigga man.
Speaker 1: Yeah great, yeah, yeah, what you got?
Speaker 3: Cool guy joke eighty seven on Instagram? Look at us on YouTube? Call us. I got nothing. I don't even have dates coming up. I'm moving. I ain't. Yeah, you're you're you're on the move. Yeah, man, damn uh Well. You can follow me at Langston Kerman. I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't got ship to tell you about other than yeah, follow the pod, like subscribe. If you want to send us your own emails, send it to my Mama pod at gmail dot com. We are still reading the emails. We're still engaging with those. If you want to leave us some voicemails, send it all to A four four little moms. Give us a call and stop calling us drunk.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you gotta chill, man. I listened to the last round. It's like a lot of there's a lot of drunk people. Yeah, you can tell about how they start.
Speaker 2: It's the lean of like like when you dive into conspiracies. There's like three kind of people that are into conspiracies, right, you know, there's like a hyper intelligent who kind of like they just like you lose it a bit because you start finding out too much. And then there's like the nigga who's on dope, and then then who's drunk.
Speaker 6: That's really and that's.
Speaker 3: Really extended to women on dope and that's really what we that's who like some guys who are like, I, I gotta figure this out.
Speaker 12: You freaking.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're calling us and we love you and don't leave us, don't you dare? Stop calling summer up a little bit?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: And that's the whole ship by.
Speaker 1: Bitch My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Greeted and hosted by Langston Krek, co hosted by David Borie. Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Olivia.
Speaker 1: Akilon, co produced by Bee Wayne.
Speaker 3: Edited and engineered by Justin Kahmon, Music by Nick Chambers, artwork by Joegon Kreeka.
Speaker 1: You can now watch episodes and My Mama Told Me on YouTube, Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel