Speaker 1: But I would never.
Speaker 2: I would have never told balls an axle.
Speaker 1: I mean, what the hell that's yeah, that's ridiculous, but.
Speaker 3: You do your intro.
Speaker 1: Okay, another dear friend of mine, I open with that all the time. But another brother that I've kept in touch with, it's Tony Devido handsome.
Speaker 4: Hello, what's up, guys? How's it going?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 4: Franny, Hi, how are you? It's great to see you.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you how dapper you looked at your daughter's wedding.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Should have just got married.
Speaker 4: She looked absolutely, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Stunning. And Tony sent me the pictures because I no longer partaking Facebook because I that's right, But thank you for thinking of me. I love I love seeing stuff like.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I've told you I'm always going to think about you because back in the r ECW days, my daughter was about five and she loved the long dresses, she loved the high heels, so she like plunged.
Speaker 5: You right off the bat. So you know she loved you then.
Speaker 4: So it's like I just feel there's like some kind of a weird bond in a way.
Speaker 1: There's a connection. I love that.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: Well, she looked beautiful. You looked great. How was the wedding fun?
Speaker 4: It was really good. It really was nice. It was beautiful, great day. I was very happy. My daughter was very happy. I was very happy for her.
Speaker 1: So were you able to have a big reception with the COVID or you know why, because.
Speaker 4: A lot of people were supposed to come from New York down to Florida because I'm in Florida now, of course, and a lot of them just couldn't make it. My mom came. My mom doesn't care. She's retired. Plus she doesn't care. She don't care. Ye hard she's more hardcore than I am. She's hardcore cool. Yeah, so it was good. It turned out really good. And uh, you know, I wish everyone else could have been there, you know, because I have a huge family.
Speaker 5: I have four sisters and we all have two kids each.
Speaker 4: We're all have significant others, and all of us are like twenty something people. So just my family, you know, we're so used to dwarf in every event we're at. That's like that.
Speaker 5: So it was weird kind of you know that she was on the opposite foot this time.
Speaker 4: For me. It's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, at least, you know, you can't keep postponing things because we don't know how long this is gonna last.
Speaker 4: That's the thing with her. She's like, I'm not going to put my life on hold not knowing what's going on, you know. So I agree with that part of it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are they able to vacation anywhere their honeymoon?
Speaker 4: Now, they're gonna wait till spring break because he is he just kind of got a year long position with a school district. He's trying to become a teacher, and he got a year long substitute position, so he has no he has to wait till spring break. So they're gonna wait a spring break.
Speaker 1: They got their whole lot, and they're gonna marry.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna go to the keys now, I think lovely. Yeah all right, cool.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been dying to get you on. I've I've asked you several times, and real life always gets in the way with your stupid job.
Speaker 3: So damn, damn job.
Speaker 1: He's on vacation. So that's why I said, we have We just interviewed Roadkill before you. Yeah, so that was fun. Yeah, that was that was fun. So now I have view which I'm thrilled. So let's uh, let's start with I hate starting with how did you get into the business. You know, that's a that's a but how did you get into the business? Tony? You've been around for a while.
Speaker 4: I've been around a long time, around since ninety one.
Speaker 1: So might I say, Might I say, besides your baldy gimmick, I really think that the crazy priest would have taken off.
Speaker 4: And we're gonna talk.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about that in a couple of minutes because I don't love it. What year did you did you get in?
Speaker 4: And so ninety one is when I first broke in, but you know, I was about I think I was in sixth grade when I actually found out about pro wrestling.
Speaker 5: A friend of mine brought up sixth grade, so whatever, hell.
Speaker 4: Well, you know as eleven, ten, eleven, I don't know whatever at that point, but a friend of mine brought a wrestling magazine at the school and Jimmy Snooker was on the cover.
Speaker 5: And back then, Jimmy Snooko, I mean, everyone knows he.
Speaker 4: Was shredded, ripped, his hair was crazy, and you know, he just looked like a psycho on the magazine.
Speaker 5: So like that drew me in right away. And then I started watching wrestling.
Speaker 4: After that and that got me into it, and you know, and then I just wanted to be a pro wrestler from that time on, you know, I knew that's what I wanted to do in my life. Yeah. So, and then you know, years later, of course, we found out about a school and we met a guy at a bar. He was actually going to doctor d David Schultz's school in Orange, Connecticut, and we met this dude and he hooked us up with that and then that was it. We started going and you know, we joined up. That was it.
Speaker 2: When you say we who was your so a.
Speaker 5: Buddy of mine? Aaron Ferguson.
Speaker 4: He don't. He doesn't work or anything now, but he barely. You know, he did a little bit of stuff. He's done some TV, some indies. But anyway, he actually met this guy at first, you know, this guy Carl, and that's how it all worked. He went to the school first. I came afterwards, and we all joined up basically at the same time. And you know, then later on Mike Bell got involved. Mike Bell went to the same school, and that's how.
Speaker 1: I met Mike right, Yeah, I think I met Mike through you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably when he came in. Yeah, okay, right at the tail end.
Speaker 2: So you train, you start doing indis right like.
Speaker 4: Everybody, Yeah, start you know right away. Well it was weird because you know, David Schultz, as good as he was for us, he really couldn't get us any bookings because as we know, he slapped the crap by the Johnson.
Speaker 3: That was in the middle of him being blackballed basically, so he was out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was out. So he really couldn't get us any work. So Paul Roma lived in that area also, and Paul Roma had just started his boxing career, if you guys remember back in that day. So Paul just started boxing and he was working out boxing at the same gym that I was going to the wrestling school.
Speaker 5: And Paul Roma actually.
Speaker 4: Went to the same wrestling school but years of late, years earlier with Tony Altimore and because they ran and Tony Altimore ran the school back then, and then Schultz took over after him, and Mariomansini had a school in there, like all kinds of guys at schools in this place. It's kind of crazy. So anyway, Paul Roma started coming in and then somehow they talked and Paul Roma kind of like took over the classes and he got us doing some shows. And it took Paul Roman to do it. So that's I owe him a lot of credit too with that aspect of it. He got me gone.
Speaker 2: Who got you your try out for w w F.
Speaker 4: Paul Roma, Paul I never I never paid Paul you know, I paid David Schultz money to train me and never paid Paul Roman to train me or any of us. And Paul just came in and just helped all of us out, you know, myself well to you know, to go forward a little bit. Just incredible. As we know PJ Walker. So PJ actually started. PJ also lived in Connecticut, so that's how I met PJ. He trained at the Heart Camp in Calgary, came all the way back to Connecticut and found out there was a school in his backyard. They didn't know about it, so he started coming to our school after he had trained up there. So that was cool. So that's how I met PJ. I met Nick Barbary that way.
Speaker 1: A couple other people you knew PJ before ECW Yes, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, basically we trained together. Also, I mean we started out in the business together. I should say, you know, because.
Speaker 3: I remember you in like ninety one ninety two, right or is that when you were Yeah, I remember very clearly back in the day watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're working, you know, you get try out for Vince, you're working Dark Matches and like you know, Superstars or whatever the show was back back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all those all those shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, work is work, right, that's right. What were the talks like, like, did they ever tell you we're gonna you know, we're gonna move you out, we're going to use you. Did you ever talk to Vince at this point because it's early nineties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I would never had access to Vince that way, Like I always would greet him or whatever, but it wasn't Vince. You know, TV's they were always busy, so you know, you could talk to agents, you could talk to other guys about stuff. Vince never had that access. I used to talk to Shane mcmanon a lot back and Shane was heavily involved back in that day. And Shane was so cool, and Shane talked to anybody and everybody. If you said, hey, man, can I have a minute, he gave it to you. So that was years later though too. That wasn't right in the beginning. But again, I just kept my mouth shut. I learned from guys. You know, Scott Hall came in. Scott Hall actually took us under his wing. You know, people don't give Scott a lot of credit, but that's another guy that I owe a lot to. Scott came in and started talking to us, started you know, giving us pointers, started telling us, hey, man.
Speaker 5: You know, me and Mike Bell used to do this thing.
Speaker 4: We'd be a tag team and we'd like do a high five, come down and we'd point to the camera and Scott Hall was like, man, that's you guys are smart to do that, because that's your time.
Speaker 5: He's like, he's like, if.
Speaker 4: That camera's on you for five second, and that five seconds is your time to get over and he's like, you do what you got to do. So and then years later they started using the whole point thing.
Speaker 5: But that gimmick right there, I don't care no one anyway.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious. Okay, So so you're just happy at this point, you're still kind of green.
Speaker 2: You're just happy to learn.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I only did like one or two indie shows and I went right to TV so I learned there, you know, And like I said, a guy like him, you know, took us under right away like that when he came into the company. I'd been there a little bit by the time he came in. But you know, the funny thing is skinner, you know, Steve Hern, he actually so the first round of TVs we ever got booked on. You know, we're there three nights. They didn't use this any of the previous two nights. So myself and Mike Belwin up to Tony Gria because he was our agent basically, and we said, hey, can we you know, can we get in the ring? Can we show you what we can do? You know, like we really want to work, And he let us go out and work. Before the doors opened, we did a match. Steve Kern is the only guy that came up to us and gave his advice.
Speaker 1: Steve was my favorite agent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there he was so many, he was great. He didn't I didn't know this guy, he didn't know us, but he gave us, you know, he came up and then gave us some pointers, told us what was good, what wasn't what to do better?
Speaker 5: That's awesome, And that night they put me on TV.
Speaker 2: So you're there, you're working. How long were you with them?
Speaker 4: So you know, my timelines are so bad, Franny? But I know from ninety two to ninety six, I definitely was doing shows. But I think I still did a couple into ninety seven, which.
Speaker 1: Really shocked the ECW.
Speaker 4: So why go to ECW until like ninety ninety ninety eight the end of ninety eight?
Speaker 1: Why do I feel I feel like you were with us for like longer than because.
Speaker 4: You grew up watching me on TV, Franny?
Speaker 2: Because I have a baby the YouTube like, hey.
Speaker 4: Ro kill say that to me all the time. I grew up watching you on TV. Screw.
Speaker 1: He's funny when when you make the transition, like you you you leave w W E or w F at the time, right, are you bitter? Are you thinking? Like what you know, I'm here for four years? They're not really doing much with me.
Speaker 4: Well, so during that time, like if you if you go back timeline wise, you know, like that's when PJ actually got signed. You know, we were there and they signed Pija. You know they just I'm telling you right now, I was I was in girl position. To night, vincemc man noticed PJ Walker and he was wrestling Movid Borga at the White Plains UH County Center, and Luca used to Ludvid Borga used to be like these uppercuts to the gut and PJ just sold it so well. And Vince's like, oh, this kid looks really good. It's like, dude, you've seen him wrestle one hundred matches, are right, But anyway, it's just little thing to notice.
Speaker 5: They and then you know, everything worked for him.
Speaker 4: He was Portuguese, they needed, they wanted to expand their markets and worked out great for him.
Speaker 5: Plus, listen, I think he's under it. He is a great worker.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm a little biased, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're seeing PJ, and you're seeing PJ advanced. What about Tony?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean I've had conversations with some agents. You know, Tom Pritchard had started running the school at that point. You know that he started training in the warehouse in Stanford. They used to bring me and Mike Bell into to work out with the guys, Like I worked out with Draws, I worked out with Lawrence Taylor, I worked out with Oh jeez, the truth commissioned guys. I worked out with Edge when Edge came, but the main guy was Draws because Draws was their first training, you know, Okay, and we used they used to book us to go to the warehouse all the time to go work with them. It was great.
Speaker 1: But do you feel like, because I asked ro Kill the same question, do you feel like you would have been more successful as a singles wrestler?
Speaker 5: And I think I'm a better tag team wrestler.
Speaker 4: I really yeah, But you know, I think it's very hard getting a tag team over getting a tag team booked, especially in the indies and things. You know, that's that's very tough. So I think it's easier as far as the singles for that, But I don't know. I think I am a tag team wrestler. I really believe that. I like doing singles, but I like tagging. Okay. And like you said before, there was I had no bitterness towards when it ended for us, because I think it was time, you know, I learned there, Like I don't want to change anything, Like a lot of people look down on going to TV and doing jobs and this and that. I learned a lot at TV doing jobs. I learned from Scott Hall, I learned from Seawn Michaels. Uh. There was tons of guys that would give us advice because at some point they accepted us as you know, we were guys. They knew we can come in and work great matches with them, and they liked that about us. So those guys taught us stuff.
Speaker 5: So I learned a lot from guys that were on the road working all the time.
Speaker 1: And besides troublemaker, you're not going to try and politic and whatever.
Speaker 4: Not a politicer. Now I'm not a river and I'm not a politicer. Not a river.
Speaker 1: Come on, okay, So PJ, get you, uh, get you to try out with us, you PJ.
Speaker 5: You know, PJ of course was still signed with w W at the.
Speaker 4: Time, but then he was going to us w A and then with us w A because they kind of were working together and then Paul kind of had somehow. I think w W and e c W were kind of having that little thing going back and forth. So I think that's how PJ got in so and Chris Candido I think helped him out a lot. Also. I think that's a big word for PJ and yeah. So once PJ got in, uh, you know, I started hanging out. I started coming around, and you know PJ kind of, you know, would grab Paul's ear sometimes or Tommy's ear and try to, you know, try to get me in there. And I think that had a lot to do with it. But you know, I came there and I worked my ass off too.
Speaker 1: Oh of course you did.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, who came up with the baldies?
Speaker 4: Well, you know polled it, I guess. You know, Well, it was weird because I go back to the day where Tommy first told me I was going to actually be like something I was gonna be. I was gonna be somebody in E CW. I wasn't just Tony Deviato like I was. He said, hey, you ever watched American History X? And I was like, I have no idea what that is. And then he told me what it was, and he goes, you need to go home and watch that this weekend, and that's what we need you to be. And apparently that was Paul's idea. So I don't even know.
Speaker 1: What that is.
Speaker 3: She never seen any movies, Tony, So right over and I know exactly what.
Speaker 2: You're talking about I've seen movies.
Speaker 1: Everyone that that's mentioned, get you.
Speaker 4: You never saw I'm a mother. I don't have time to see mother. So American history X was basically white supremacists. They were white supremacists. So here's Paul Hayman, a Jewish man whose mother was in an in. Tim Mcamp wanted me to do a not he can makeing.
Speaker 1: Wow, And I never heard this story.
Speaker 4: Well if you remember, if you can go back and remember, me and Bill Wiles were basically remember Billy was like my manager. He'd come out with me. He was a Nazi, So sorry, Bill, love.
Speaker 2: You, Okay.
Speaker 1: So that didn't fly though, That didn't work.
Speaker 4: So that happened, and then like next thing, I know, h one night, Tommy grabs me, he grabs Angel, he grabs Vito, he grabs Rod Price and Pean News and he puts us all together and he goes, Okay, you guys are the Baldies now. And we're like, oh, like that, that's great. Yeah. So Tommy got us together before a show one night, said you guys are the Baldies. We went out, we beat up Spike Dudley and that's how.
Speaker 1: The bald started. And who's the leader of the Baldies.
Speaker 4: Well, Angel likes to say he is.
Speaker 1: Everybody takes credit.
Speaker 5: But if you look at me, an Angel, I don't think me and Angel ever said I'm the leader.
Speaker 4: I'm the lead.
Speaker 5: Like we might have done that joking around, but there was never.
Speaker 1: So who who says that they're the leader of.
Speaker 4: Garbage? Not a fan.
Speaker 1: I am not. I don't force anyone to say anything that they don't want to say.
Speaker 5: I want to say, don't worry if you if you.
Speaker 1: Want to spread your truth.
Speaker 4: By all, and you know we all know it's truth.
Speaker 1: I listen, I'm friends with all people everywhere.
Speaker 3: You're like mother Teresa, spread love and enjoy to all.
Speaker 1: So I was a big fan of you guys. Very violent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there new jack and balls, and you know it's true.
Speaker 1: I felt like I always saw you bleeding in every single match that you were you you were good with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't mind that, to be honest with you, and to me, like that was my spot, that was our spot. So you know you, I mean, listen, you know you're gonna do what you gotta do. And if it's bleeding, it's bleeding. I didn't care. I could work that style too, So bothered me. I didn't and the way I cut myself. Look at my head. I don't have scars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not too bad.
Speaker 5: I have wrinkles. I don't have scars.
Speaker 2: Did you do the little gig? Little gig?
Speaker 4: The way I would never slice? I would just and when you exactly any little incision and you could do several off of the place, and you just keep bleeding and you're sweating, so you're sting. Yeah, you got a lot of guys that wanted to slice their heads open. I ever wanted to slice.
Speaker 2: I didn't love that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, David Schultz taught me that way. The only thing he told me differently is twist. You know, if you wanted to just twist the blade, which to mean you're whisting, it just seemed like you're going to annihilate my head. So I just stopped with just sticking it in, and that was it. Stick it in.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 4: You're a father.
Speaker 1: Don't talk like I'm a mother. Do you feel like E c W was your best run in the business.
Speaker 4: I mean, I definitely do. I mean, I mean it's the most I mean, listen ring on honor.
Speaker 5: It was great. I had a great time in Ringing Honor. But I was also in Ring Honor from.
Speaker 4: The beginning, you know, the first I don't know, for whatever years it is, for four years, I can't remember. So whatever, whatever it was, was the beginning of it, you know, and it wasn't as big as as what it is now. I mean, I think it's still respected, but I mean, you know how it works in this business. You know, I'm not.
Speaker 5: They don't even these kids and Ring Honor now don't even know that I was bringing on a champion back then.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what the cartage crew man that is. We're probably the most exciting. And I said the main events were great, but I mean they were awesome. I mean I would have loved to see you guys beyond you know, one of the major promotions at that point because it was such a great team.
Speaker 5: Well, Loke always wanted Listen, Loke still wants to be in a major promotion.
Speaker 1: I know he is on Twitter just pushing, which is great.
Speaker 2: Listen. If you don't push yourself, nobody else will.
Speaker 4: Nobody else will, so God bless for it. Listen. I give him a ton of credit. He wants to do it. He's having fun. That does nothing wrong with that. And we're in a little different position because he'd be like, listen, let's go to TNA, let's do this, let's do that. I'm like, dude, I'm kind of good. Yeah, I mean like I love it, I'm going to do it still, but I don't want to be on the road anymore, Like I don't want to travel that that's the real reason the Ring of Honor run even came to him, and because I went up to Gabe and I said, man, I'm like they were expanding and they were traveling like every weekend, two days at a time. And I was like, listen, I'm done. I have a real job. I can't I have you know, I can't do it no more. You know, I can't do it no more. So I said, I want to come in part time. I just want to do part time stuff. And that was the beginning of the end for Ring Honor right there for us. So unfortunately I ruined it for a.
Speaker 1: Look, he's a big boy, he'll I mentioned before. H So you know the e CW thing we fold devastation, heartache, sadness. You get a little bit of life in w W E and you become this character, which I went back and I watched it.
Speaker 2: Because because I know you.
Speaker 1: And that was such a stretch. It was the weirdest.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I'm talking about, chat, I'm searching. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't remember on the top of my head.
Speaker 2: Tell us.
Speaker 1: So you go, you go to w W. How does this come about? And creative wise, who's putting? Is this your idea? No?
Speaker 4: So once again, Tommy reaches out to me. Tommy dream reaches Listen, Tommy's another guy. I'll give him a lot of stuf. Tommy helped me out through a lot. As you know, Tommy's helped a lot of guys. Oh I know, now, okay, Sorry, Tommy contacted me when they first came back, and now he didn't call me for the first show.
Speaker 5: I was on the second show. So the zombie was on the first show.
Speaker 4: Yes, I came out as Macho le Bret the second show, so I had the Jack Black outfit on, you know, except I talked to Macho Man's voice and they gave me the slim gym and all that. Yeah, So I mean I did that, and you know, whatever I did it, I think they were fine with it. But there was no you know nothing. And then there was another spot they needed and it was this preacher thing. So once again Tommy called me. He goes, I need you for this date. You need to go out and buy a you know, he told me, you have to go buy a button up black shirt, buy a jacket, a pair of slacks. He's like, and just you know, bring the receipt. And they paid for it all too, which is great. So you know, I bought what I needed and I showed up in Philly that night. That was in Philly. So that was the night after RVD and sat Book got busted. I was there. It was in the building. I was.
Speaker 1: So they tell yeah, they tell you that you're going to be this wacky preacher.
Speaker 4: Yes, so I think Tommy must have told me right away what it was going to be, but I don't. I guess he told me, but I don't remember. Then I get there and they, you know, they filled me in and everything, and you know, I think at the time when it was it was Tommy and Paul telling me. But Vince was one hundred involved in the whole angle, that whole angle. Vince was out there the whole time, not Paul, not It was Vince so because I think they were really trying to get sand Man over at the time, because all these angles were for Sandman, So I think they were really trying to put some effort into him, you.
Speaker 2: Know, right.
Speaker 1: I just remember because it was such a different vibe than a baldy And I remember I'm watching and I'm saying to myself, I don't know what I'm looking at. I love that you're working because I was thrilled for you, but in the same token, I'm like, what what am I watched?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you know, the funny thing is that there was you know, it was just a one night gig apparently too.
Speaker 5: There was just like the other one was. It was in one night thing. But you know, it's weird.
Speaker 4: They gave me a ticket, you know, to sit in the seat and everything, like they gave me tickets and I actually put it in the top, you know, the top pocket of the jacket I was wearing.
Speaker 5: They gave me, you know, the little priest thing and stuff.
Speaker 4: But you know, at the end of the promo too, like I wasn't supposed to be a priest, you know, like I tore it off and said, you know, I'm not a man of the cloth, So I really wasn't a priest.
Speaker 5: I just used it to get in the building.
Speaker 4: Well. So, but the funny thing was I had the tickets, like I said, and moved. Samman comes over to me. The whole thing happens because I cut a promo, you know, and Joey and task on me to shut up, and you know, I, you know, Vince is like, can you can you get over the rail slowly? You know, because you know I'm a worker and we jump over the rail. Well, He's like, can you get it? You know?
Speaker 5: So I, you know, I make it like I'm you know, I can't get over yah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Vince loved all that stuff, apparently because on the headset he was going crazy. So so anyway that all happens, I get back on the other side of the rail. Saman's coming over yelling at me or not even yelling this in my face, and I start going, you know, you can't do this to me. I have that. I take the tickets out.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I have tickets, I have tickets.
Speaker 4: You can't do this, you know, And I'm yelling at him. Vince was going nuts. He's like, oh my god, I love this and I never heard it, but this is what I'm told. So he we do the whole thing. I go back and Paul grabs me. So I went back through the crowd and Paul actually met me wherever I came through the crowd, and Paul goes, you need to go to Gorilla right now and see Vince.
Speaker 5: And I was like, what the hell, what do you mean I He's like, get over there now.
Speaker 4: I get over there and Vince grabs me and hugs me, and he's like, that was Can I curse it all? Yes? That was fucking great, and he just hugging me. He gave me a thousand dollar bonus that night. To me, what all the all the guys on headset, you know, all the camera guys, they all thought.
Speaker 5: That I was one hundred percent part of that company now.
Speaker 4: They thought I was a brand new angle coming in and because they wrote me.
Speaker 5: So the very next week, Tommy calls me up.
Speaker 4: It's one week later. It's I don't know, Tuesday, whatever, the night they taped it on. I can't forget. I forget. Tommy calls me up that day and he goes there, I don't know. They're in Detroit, Michigan. I don't know where they were. They were, They weren't anywhere close to my house. He goes, what's up, man, I goes, Hey, what's going on? Tom He goes, we have a problem and I go what. He goes, You're written into TV tonight and I go, I'm just sitting home on my couch, Tommy. He goes, yeah, I know that. He goes, they think you're part of the show and they wrote they the way Vince reacted. He goes, they think you're a new character and they wrote you into the show.
Speaker 2: Why didn't they send you a plane ticket?
Speaker 4: That's because I think they, the writers, all thought I was already part of the whole thing because of the way Vince acted.
Speaker 5: So it's very weird because I never got Johns.
Speaker 2: So somebody either put the k bosh on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got a k bosh, but all the all the guys were getting k bosh back then.
Speaker 1: We're not going to say who, but I know you told me unless you want to. Okay, now I know who it is, which I still don't understand.
Speaker 4: I don't either, But if you do think about it, all the other easy to ECW guys, the original ones, they were all being let go of that. Oh, of course, we were all being pushed out the door.
Speaker 1: We never had a chance. I knew before I even signed I was gonna get fired.
Speaker 4: No, you never got it. You never got a chance. You never got a chance. So and you were there that night too, so so so that we so anyway, Tommy called me, told me about that. He booked me for the very next weekend, I think, which was we were back in the Hammerstegn and that's where me and I saw you finally Frandie, because you were both right sign also like your first show or something too.
Speaker 2: But I don't I don't know what the hell I did. I I know you know what it was.
Speaker 1: They used me for a promo there that it was the first time I was on screen.
Speaker 4: On screen, but I didn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the first time I was on screen because Paul was like, we need boobs in the promo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay. So Tommy books me for that building again, for that for that show, and I'm thinking, oh my god, like I'm gonna like this is finally, like listen, since I was a child, and you know, I'm not going to bullshit anybody. I've always wanted to be a contracted wrestler with the World Wrestling Federation, that we whatever you want to call it. That was my one hundred percent goal.
Speaker 5: People that tell you that that's not their goal, they're full of ship.
Speaker 1: It wasn't my goal. Honestly. Now you're up wanting to be in the business, there was a difference.
Speaker 5: There's a difference to differ so that I believe.
Speaker 4: But you understand a guy like me that's wanted to do since I was a child, this is my goal. So I really thought, Wow, this is it, Like I'm actually gonna get booked. I got to the Hammerstein and all the all I'm telling you, all the writers, all the guys, the camera, everyone's like, hey, preacher, Hey, preacher, how you doing. I don't know these guys, they're all talking to me. I'm like, holy shit, Like this is really gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I'm so over here.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then because me, you were catering together. We were hanging out catering and I did nothing that night.
Speaker 5: I got paid. I did something.
Speaker 1: Do you think that they held it against you that you didn't make it to the town the week before? I don't know, like like in their mind, oh, this kid wants he should have been to the town, even though he was thousands of miles away.
Speaker 4: No, because I think Tommy explained it to them that, hey, you Tommy told me he goes. You need to if you guys want him. He works a real job, he is a real life You guys need to sign him to a contract if you want him.
Speaker 5: He actually said he told.
Speaker 4: Him that, and that's why, you know, I thought, Okay, well, you know, it's weird. I'm not bitter about ECW. I'm bitter it sucks that it ended because that was that was definitely our platform. You know, guys, people like me, people like you, that was our platform.
Speaker 5: That was our niche. I really believe that I'm.
Speaker 4: A little guy. I'm not a giant. You know, there's guys that have made money in w W not being giants, but I don't know if I was going to be one of them, and I think ECW is my niche.
Speaker 5: I would love to have tried in you know, WWE.
Speaker 4: But I'm not. I'm not negative about any of it really because everybody that got me to where I was, I'm just appreciative of that. And it's funny because I've had this talk with Tommy and I go, Tommy, I've made it further than a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people ever will. So I got to be happy about that.
Speaker 4: Like, I can't be a grumpy old man and think, well I should have been this and I should have been that.
Speaker 1: You know, chances, I.
Speaker 4: Don't regret anything. You know, I had a great time. I love my career.
Speaker 1: You know. So what are you doing now?
Speaker 4: Well, you know what I do.
Speaker 1: But I know, but they don't know.
Speaker 3: They don't know I work for that, So please tell me service.
Speaker 4: I'm a freaking mailman. Now we can deliver the mail and freaking deliver it. But I tell you what, I really like it. I really like this job. I mean, I like being a pro wrestler better. Don't get me wrong, but I love it. I actually love delivering mail. My customers on my route love me. I guess I'm personable.
Speaker 1: You're very personable. I love you. I mean, you're you're a good guy. So watch I love you. Christmas is coming. You're going to get all those bonuses in the mailbox.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Christmas time is coming.
Speaker 4: I can't wait you coming.
Speaker 1: Well, the biggest disappointment of twenty twenty is knowing that in twenty twenty one, I might not come to Disney and I might not get my dinner with Tony and Jen. So I'm very upset about.
Speaker 4: That we haven't been able to get together for the past few years because of my job, and now I don't have to work.
Speaker 1: Like I used to, right, So I'm waiting for this pandemic to leave so I can have my dinner.
Speaker 4: It will happen again, Franny, We're gonna Well.
Speaker 1: I'm just I feel and I say this before, I feel so blessed that I still have like you guys in my life because you are family to me.
Speaker 2: You are a family to me. So I just feel good that that you.
Speaker 1: Guys, and you know, we're still that we still have that bond and we can still call each other if we need something, and we can still bullshit. So it's it's such a pleasure to sit here and talk to you today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I think me and you, for whatever reason, always had that bond like brothers, sister and and I don't know if it was because of my my daughter. You know my daughter loves me, oh god. At that point. Now, yeah, for me, it was it's like, man, you're like one of my sisters because I like I told you, I grew up before sisters, you know, so it's like I kind of I understand how to you know, communicate with with women as crazy as you guys are.
Speaker 2: I know, I'll be the first to agmit it.
Speaker 1: We have our moments.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm crazy too, but you know, well.
Speaker 1: Let me too, and if you came from me, CW, you're gonna have a little bit of that shoe craziness. So it's okay. Where can people find you on social media?
Speaker 4: I mean, I you know, my page is. I really don't have a fan page or nothing like that.
Speaker 2: But you're you're you're out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I'm on I'm on Facebook, but it's just like I said, it's more of a friends it's not really a fan thing. So but I am on it, you know. On Twitter, I am, but I don't ever go on it. You don't tweet, okay, I don't tweet. I don't twat, I don't do any of that.
Speaker 1: We don't do the tweeting.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's too much work for any I can't be I can't do.
Speaker 1: Listen, tell me about it. I'm talking all the time.
Speaker 2: My hands hurt.
Speaker 1: I'm a mass right you know, but I I again, I'm so grateful that you and I are still friends. So I'm glad I grabbed you. I love you too, and I'm so glad I grabbed you today and finally got you on. And hopefully next year, whether it's at a show or just your time, will be able to spend some time together.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I hope you guys can get the Disney just for your own sake. You guys love it so much. I know. I'm so sad junkies.
Speaker 1: Watching YouTube ride videos and pretending we're on them like.
Speaker 4: It comes to drop the chair the.
Speaker 1: We're desperate.
Speaker 2: But tell Joan and the kid tell.
Speaker 4: Her for me.
Speaker 5: Your family are good people, Frannie.
Speaker 1: Same to you, buddy.
Speaker 5: So I love you, Thanks for thanks for giving me this time.
Speaker 4: So no no problem.
Speaker 2: I love you too, and we'll talk to.
Speaker 4: You all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks, see you later, Tony, I'm not all right, yeah.
Speaker 4: H Francine.
Speaker 6: Francine fran scene Queen Extreme Extremes up here, the Queen Extreme Podcast, eyes up here. Yeah, it's the Queen Extreme Podcast. It's the Queen of Extreme Bruty and the Legendship is the Woman of your dreams. Lettend on the scene franc Scene podcast. What you mean, please your tramplady to show you what your needs. You find the stand of Queens from the beginning of Time. Odds here our Heart Radio, shine only head and tell your story from the wind of Legure. Odds up here, The Queen Nobody's like Fresh c IDEs up Here here here, The Queen Extreme Podcast eyes up here, here here. The Queen Extreme Podcast odes up here here here, The Queen Extreme Podcast odes up here here. The Queen Extreme Podcast podcast