Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Jacko Trender. That's that's what my Halloween House of Horrors nickname should be, Jack o' lantern. I guess that one that David on the discord was like, wait, it shouldn't your Halloween name be Jack o' lantern.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is so obvious, it's like a bad idea, but I feel like it should be jack o Lantern.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did get called that a lot when I was, you know, younger, and just like calling anyone anything was considered teasing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've seen it.
Speaker 2: Have you seen like it? Jack in the neighborhood who walks his dog, but he has that lantern he carries when he.
Speaker 1: Does Jackhock the jack O Lantern of your head like ship. That sounds like it could be like a tarot card. Oh you got the jack lanterns? Oh no, you're fun a good time? All right, enough fun Halloween talk. Let's get into more Halloween talk. Oh I'm Jack, that's Miles. It is Halloween. Yes, happy Halloween. Yes, Uh, we'll have my uh High.
Speaker 2: World series Victory Day all show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The city is basically every from millennials of a certain nage from Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Nothing.
Speaker 2: The dog Pound track New York, New York is playing through our minds constantly.
Speaker 1: Just the video, just the part when he kicked down the Twin Tower where they're kicking down the Twin Town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a little look.
Speaker 2: But hey, I don't know if Dog Pound had anything to do with al Qaeda or whatever Bin Lode.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But what if that was like in ben Laden's diaries that that's where he got the idea.
Speaker 2: He's like this track by Corrupt and Snoop Dogg. Hold on, wait a tick?
Speaker 1: Was that the song that said New York, New York, big city, but everything in New York always what.
Speaker 2: It seems seems?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Cool, Well that's certainly true for Yankees fans tonight as the Bombers fall. Yeah yeah, I mean we have temporarily become like a one percent baseball podcast for the Baseball playoffs, so people who hate baseball or don't pay attention to it. This will be the last time I mentioned it's over. I do just have to bring up the fact that, you know, as someone who grew up in you know, partially in Boston, was a Red Sox fan for a while labored under the curse of the Bambino. There was some shit in that Yankees loss that reminded me of what like rooting for a team that labors under the curse of a bit And there were just some mistakes like where they were like, oh wait, there's nobody covering first and stuff like that. The GTT just reminded me. I'm not going to blame it all on Fat Joe, but him claiming to be the ghost of Babe Rooms himself and calling himself the Bronx bomber himself. Yeah, I love the self described nickname himself. That's right, folks, hits me the Jack o' lantern himself. Oh cool, Okay.
Speaker 2: Let's go, honey. I don't I don't like. I don't think this party is gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Anyways. Anyways, the Dodgers did win. The fireworks were a pop in some metro buses did so.
Speaker 2: You requisite fan chaos that ensues after an LA team wins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it happened, and also happens the L A p D.
Speaker 2: I feel like for the last two days was probably hiding in their little vans in case the Dodgers won because the second the Dodgers won, there was like riot cops in like downtown in East LA. But anyway, that's that's just that's just what sports.
Speaker 3: Does to me.
Speaker 1: I know a lot going on in Los Angeles. LA is a city that loves its Halloween, and so day after the Dodgers win, the world's here. It is Halloween here in Los Angeles. The kids are all dressed up, the long decorations are out in full force.
Speaker 2: I feel like, yeah, Joe Biden is out here biting kids. Yeah, he's like, Joe Biden is biting kids.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if he was still running for president right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So wild? That hilarious truly, anybody who there are some things that we like can't forget, right We can't forget the people who like are now kissing Trump's ass in case he wins, because they like want to usher in the business plot and you know, a world of corporate fascism even more intense than the one we already have. We also can't forget the people who are like, you're you're actually wrong to say Biden is a bad candidate, and that's actually fucked up of you. He's gonna do it uh, he is like the biggest liability. He's not even running and he's still a massive liability.
Speaker 3: Take a bite of this.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I mean, it is what you want to do when you like come up on a baby like And as we talk about, one of the problems with aging is it's not always that you like lose your way in a sentence. Sometimes it's that the impulse control goes. Talking about it with George George H. W. Bush and with Joe Biden at least his impulse control is just like, dang, those those legs are juice. Those baby toes and legs are juicy. I want to take a bite of baby.
Speaker 3: They're just you know, the little bity feet.
Speaker 2: That's what I look at the guyst child and like, thank god those feet are still looking still like chan, looking like the michelin Man.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a little bubbly toes, little bubblegum toes, and we eat them because because we're on the left exactly, I'm just looking at those and I'm picturing my next all night party getting a drenochrome. Baby, I'm off that adrenochrome. All right, there's an opposite in kind of we we had to find some Halloween stuff. We already covered the Google's half assed list of the most popular Halloween costumes. I will be fact checking that on tomorrow's episode because tomorrow's trending. You had Joe biton. But yeah, there's not bad in Slate that is like let your kids go wild on Halloween. Yeah, you do see evidence of the helicopter parenting on Halloween, at least as compared to when I was growing up. When I was growing up, it was more of a be back before dark type thing on regular days, and on Halloween it was like be back before we your parents go to bed. And that's not the way it seems to be anymore, at least in Los Angeles. I don't know, but this person's like, just let them go feral for one night, for God's sakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like kind of like a like a love letter to a bygone era, because you know, they're just like the parents are clogging the streets.
Speaker 3: Kids are all like polite and shit. I don't think. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Personally, I think having that kind of impulse control is a good thing, but I guess narrowly they've been like just let Halloween be the day they take fucking just obscene handfuls now. Look, some people have the candy bowls set up, and you know, it's obscene hand full time. Sometimes you're like, oh, this shit is nice. I can't I'm not gonna look. I'm not gonna crash out in this person's front door. So here, let me just take one.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I just know, for me personally, I was solo.
Speaker 2: Like I didn't have I didn't have parental supervision, like starting around like eight years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I just but I think I don't know.
Speaker 2: We live in an era now because we see so much cell phone video of things happening bad that it's.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, than it's ever been in many ways, but not in people driving. People are not looking when they drive, so be careful of that. But no, yeah, anyways, have fun out there, kids. Uh yeah, we got we got our two thousand piece of candy. I will be telling people to take one each at the beginning of the night, and as soon as I get a little bit tired, I'm like, hey man, how big is that bag? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you're open. No, No, I live here, I live here. It's fine. I don't care what your fucking mom said.
Speaker 1: Here, just take I'm gonna be making them take an oath of not doing the candy buyback program with any of my candy. We'll talk about on tomorrow's episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Some companies that are giving out election day freebies. We got your Krispy Kreme, we got your Ikea.
Speaker 3: Wait was that given out?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Let's take a look be.
Speaker 2: Show friendship would get free frozen yogurt, frozen man if it was fucking meatballs, my ass would have already.
Speaker 3: Been like I would be like fuck voting. I'm a Daikeia for these meet.
Speaker 1: I know, Well that's the problem with Ikea, Like that's a day like Ikea? Is this a voter suppression tactic?
Speaker 2: Who got to no? No, no, no, you never just pop into Ikia to eat No.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's wrong here, Probably me. Well, alsos are always like far from me for some reason, like you know, like it's there's always like an Ikea in some outer burrow in New York or you know what I mean. North Carolina based Crispy Cream donut chain will give out I voted stickers, Wait what and three original glazed donuts that participate in US stops again. Feels like they're just suppression.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, you voted. You here, take this Krispy Creme.
Speaker 3: Yeah you voted. You don't. But can I vote here?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no you can't. Johnny Rockets free milkshakes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess if you want to voters to the ballots, if you want to voter Miles, I was talking my milkshake, bring all voters to the ballots. Maybe is that something? Boom?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Great? But the thing with Ikea is his little hack.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I've been able to get my Jerry duty moved to the Burbank Courthouse and that's closer to that local the Ikea there little hack. And so you know, if you're going to do your civil duty, you can also do.
Speaker 1: Your yoursily and you get and then you.
Speaker 2: Just kicking an Ikea, eating those you know, meatballs of questionable origin.
Speaker 1: Sleeping in some stranger's bedroom on the out on the Ikea floor. H. We got some new eminems. We are going to talk about election stuff after the break. Uh got an Eminem and Snickers ice cream treat, peanut butter Eminem's peanut butter cookie sandwich and dark chocolate Snickers. I don't care about this that much. Pe Care.
Speaker 2: I like peanut Peanut butter Eminem's I think are pretty under rated, to be honest, because there because are also like the sort of weird o cousin of Reese's pieces, you know what.
Speaker 1: I mean, because like I've never liked them, you really recent never I fucked with peanut butter Cups heavy. I do not really like the and I love Peanut Eminem's Peanut butter eminems for some reason.
Speaker 2: You probably would have fucking let et die and Ship too, probably here in Utah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely would have. Me and my friend.
Speaker 2: I have my brain is so fucked up off of et Reesis pieces that I'm like, it became one of those first candies. I didn't know what it was when I was seeing it, and I was like, wait, Eminem's have like different this. This is a very specific color palette that they're using. And I remember the day I fucking had recent pieces. I was just fucking like I felt I thought I was Elliott and Ship all right.
Speaker 1: And then lastly, on the bullshit front, Martha Stewart is mad about there's a new Netflix documentary about her. Uh Martha, and she participated in the documentary, and she was not happy with how it turned out. Huh. She complained, the final scene makes her look like a lonely old lady and they basically cut her grandchildren out of it, so it seems like she's just like this lonely alone person, all alone. And she also suggested that the director should use rap music in the documentary, like Doctor Drey Snoop or Fred Wick, but instead he used a lousy classical score, which she says has nothing to do with me. So I just like how Martha Stewart sees herself versus the world sees her.
Speaker 3: I mean, wow, shout out fred Rerec, Dude, that's it?
Speaker 2: Where? What is she?
Speaker 3: What? Martha?
Speaker 2: Is this what happened to you at Club fed? Like you've just been all because? I mean Fred Rec's mostly I know him mostly as a producer, but I guess he also is you know it was a rapper too, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fred Rec makes more sense. The r was mistakenly deleted in the story.
Speaker 3: But yes fred ah, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes yeah not fred weck No, I was just doing a bit, I know that rap producer. I was just doing a baby voice on that one. That's why find a new angle. All right, got it, Let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about the garbage truck photo op and his weird way of saying that he wants to protect women whether they like it or not. And we're back, and Donald Trump garbage truck photo op is making the rounds. He looks particularly orange. If you've seen the video from it, he looks particularly drunk. We know he doesn't drink, but he might be failing, like his brain body connection might be on.
Speaker 2: The part that moment he does that thing where I mean he's looking at the door handle and he like swipes for it, I think, assuming that he was going to put his weight on it, but then.
Speaker 3: Like his eyes must have deceived him.
Speaker 1: Quick couple swipes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he looked like someone hit him with the sham God.
Speaker 1: Basically, whoa exactly but the stationary garbage truck put him on skates somehow? WHOA what this thing that's a carryover bro oh man, he hated sham God.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Hands should be perfectly on top of the ball, should never be able to be on the side.
Speaker 3: I'm the sham God.
Speaker 1: If anyone and then uh so he was wearing a bright like glow in the dark orange vest for that and then he kept it on. Addressed a crowd, and uh started complaining about how his advisors keep telling him not to describe himself as a protector for women. Here, we'll play some audio there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nothing. Don't ever tell a geriatric, old white man who's drunk off powered to not do something because gets what he ain't listening.
Speaker 1: And my people told me about four weeks ago, I always say, no, I want to protect the people.
Speaker 2: I want to protect the women of our country.
Speaker 3: I want to protect the women.
Speaker 2: Sir, please don't say that. Why. They said, we think it's we think it's very inappropriate for you to say. I said, why I'm president, I want to protect the women of our country.
Speaker 3: They said, yeah, great, Yeah, they're loving it.
Speaker 2: They said, Sir, I just think it's inappropriate for you to say. Pay these guys a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Can you believe it?
Speaker 2: I said, well, I'm going to do it, whether the women like it or not. I'm going to protect them.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: He's like, I think he's just gonna end it with I'm going to know whether they like it y'or not. The protect the women obviously. Wow, yay, great, great, great, Yeah, Jesus Christ, Yeah, I think I don't know what happened. Is he self applicating the makeup?
Speaker 1: Is he real orange? Like big, big orange?
Speaker 2: He looked like you know those stress dolls that have like the wild ass like red circle mouth and you squeeze it and like the eyes pop out and the ears pop out, and shit, that's what his ship looked like. There was a there's a picture of him with like he's speaking and a bunch of people photoshopped it. But his mouth is in the shape of an o, and you're like, this guy looks umpa lumpa Jason.
Speaker 1: And then another thing he said, and this this was actually at the Madison Square Garden Nazi rally. He claimed that he wants to let JFK. It's so wild how much like this would have been. First of all, I do want to say him missing the door and almost falling over and looking like he was like on his way to collapsing. If Kamala Harris, who were not like worried about her health at all, Like that's not a thing that people are concerned about. If that happened to her, it would be like people would be like, there's your October surprise. It would be such a huge news story.
Speaker 2: MSNBC would be like, she might be fucked in her head.
Speaker 1: We don't know, go back to Biden. We gotta go back to Biden. Who knows?
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 1: It's yeah. I mean remember like Hillary had to sit down at a nine to eleven thing and people it was like, yeah, the biggest news story. It was like is she yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like it's hot as shit, and these people don't know. I'm sorry, but they're they're not They're not built for the heat.
Speaker 1: They don't care. They're just like, yeah, he whatever, it's not like as one of twenty wild things. He said.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So at the Madison Square Garden rally, where all the person did like the racist stand up routine, he claimed that he wants to let r FK Junior go wild on medicines, Which.
Speaker 2: That's the most frightening sentence I've ever heard, is like wild medician Junior go wild on medicines. Just windmail on them, huh is.
Speaker 1: I mean that just like the an argument I've seen people bring up is like the Libs keep mocking Trump for his like you know, garbage truck driver thing, or like his McDonald's stunt, like but his voters think it's endearing and adorable. But I think like that and like him saying things like go wild on medicines, Like it just feels like you have a toddler who is running for president, Like go wild on medicines is like how my kids would describe, like what it would like if they got the chance to run to be a doctor or something.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it's just it.
Speaker 2: And I promise you go wild on medicines, all right, okay, A good way. I don't know it's gonna go wild on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know. But what that actually means. According to Kennedy himself, he told supporters on a zoom call that Trump promised him control of the public health agencies, which are AHHS and its sub agency, CDC, FDA, NIH, and a few others. He couldn't list all the agencies that he would be in charge of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well that's great, that's great. I can't think of anyone better than RFK Junior, the person who really helped mainstream anti VAXX nonsense here as being the guy who gets to go wild on the health agencies.
Speaker 1: Yes, gets to oversee all the health agencies. Yeah, Like, lest you think that they're just like dangling something in front of him. Howard Lutnick, who is like one of the billionaires who is Trump's transition co chair. He appeared on CNN and the reporter was like, so, you know, he Kennedy is like claiming that you're going to put him in charge. And his claim was, now, we're not going to put him in charge. He just wants access to data. But then he just like repeated a bunch of he was like, I talked to the guy for two and a half hours. He makes a lot of really good points, and like started just like quoting like vaccine skeptic talking.
Speaker 2: I think it's worth hearing this guy talk because you can hear how greasy this dude is.
Speaker 3: Like you're like, oh, I don't trust this guy. Here's this is Howard Lutnek.
Speaker 2: I talked to him for two and a half hours.
Speaker 4: So I spent two and a half hours this week with Bobby Kennedy Junior. And it was the most extraordinary thing because, let's face it, we've all heard on the news all sorts of sort of snarky comments about him.
Speaker 3: And I said, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I've heard journalistic reporting about his abhorrent snarky. They're being snarky like you fucking sawed off a whale head and shit, got whale juice on your kids. You want to bone a journalist and impregnate them.
Speaker 1: You journalists are being such bitches.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, So stop with the snark.
Speaker 4: So tell me how's it going to go? And he said, why don't you just listen to me explain things. And what he explained was when he was born, we had three vaccines and autism was one in ten thousand. Now a baby's born with seventy six vaccines because in nineteen eighty seventy sick they waived product liability for vaccines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are all just straightforward.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the this is the runway that you create rhetorically to land the anti vaxsplane. And that's why let's not talk about, you know, medical advancements. It's because it's because of the liability and also the ability to diagnose and is suddenly there's an explosion or maybe the ability to diagnose and you know, identify things changed too.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he's doing the one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You could tell this dude had a two and a half hour conversation with rfkgu because he's talking like someone who's just been like, oh my god, yes, I'm fully on board with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as bad as so many of the things that would happen in her troub administrat Like this could be the worst one. Like we we've seen RFK like did a full like anti vax campaign in forget where it was was it American Samoa?
Speaker 3: Like oh yeah, where people died yet, Yeah.
Speaker 1: We made the whole island like very skeptical of vaccines and like was pointing to all these news stories with like the bullshit, just like this guy, and there was a massive outbreak that killed a bunch of people that he had to like go in Apoloy.
Speaker 3: Mostly children.
Speaker 2: Eighty three people died in Samo because of this music outbreak.
Speaker 1: This will kill children, It's this fucking.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and to drop to drop any kind of regulations and like public education around being like vaccinated inoculations like those are going to lead to multiple fucking wacky outbreaks a ship that should not be happening anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so not good, not good, Miles, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, man, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Should be a fun weekend.
Speaker 2: I like, here's people going wild on stuff, you know, like going wild on the keyboard, you know, going wild on the drum set, going wild on.
Speaker 3: Public medicine regulations.
Speaker 1: Going wild on medicines sounds like a euphemism for like a drug problem. You know. Oh yeah, yeah, he's going. He's he's fine, a little wild. It's going a little wild on medicines. But we think it's fine. He's going. Yeah, but that was originally created as a cough syrup. All right, Those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday, October thirty, first Halloween. We are back tomorrow with the whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye