Speaker 1: Always too when they pitched something, it's always something like really obvious that's been done, But they are like, what if Superman was evil? I'm like, yeah, that's like all that's on Amazon. That's every shows like Amazon right now.
Speaker 2: What if Spider Man was black? About that?
Speaker 3: They're doing Puerto Rican Quarto Rican, They're doing, They're doing, that's very much happening.
Speaker 2: Alright, alright, I'm saying that out not because I want to steal that, but because I just don't think the people are ready black spider Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no chance, yeah, definitely not.
Speaker 2: Not in this political climate.
Speaker 3: No, no or yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hello the Internet, and welcome the season three sixty two, episode four.
Speaker 2: Of Dirty's gay production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dab into america shared consciousness. And it is Thursday, October thirty first, twenty twenty four. Our sorry, just fucking house. Sorry, woman just walked by my window and I'm wild problematic. Fold my tongue back into my mouth. It's Halloween.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, it's Halloween. Oh yeah, wow, that makes sense because it's National Caramel Apple Day. Yeah, a National Magic Day, Girl Scout Founder's Day, National doorbelled.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is National Doorbell Day? Because joked it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think it was started by one of these doorbell companies.
Speaker 5: It's you know, happy these are big door in the new doorbell, newtne doorbells. Well, we all everything's big doorbell I mean the doorbell Wars of the eighties.
Speaker 2: The man, you know when every every Super Bowl halftime show was sponsored by one of the big doorbell companies exactly. Yeah, anyways, that is funny that like they've all clustered around Halloween to be like, here's what people think of when they think of Halloween doorbells.
Speaker 3: I'm knocking at doors and then we don't even have do people even sell doorbells anymore? I feel like everything's like it has to have a four K camera on it. Also is probably a doorbell and a phone these people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know kids these days, I just do the dang thing and just say, hey it's Facebook, I'm outside, you know, yeah, let me in. Anyways, exciting times when you have a six and an eight year old, or just when you have a sick Batman costume, Yeah that rides up on you and yours too long? Yeah, my torso is too long the torso the Batman costume too short, my legs too short. Alternately, and yeah it can be obscene. My name is Jack Obrian AKA and I should have like a Treehouse of Horrors aka row and I don't. I mean I used to be like stab aka stab O'Brien aka turned down the computer sound the first sight I saw the assis were so round. My parents said, I beat my.
Speaker 3: Me too much.
Speaker 2: So what's been half my life just to covering it up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pawn in the USA.
Speaker 6: I want pawn in the USA.
Speaker 2: I want pawn in the USA. I want big titty baits in the USA. Now. That one courtesy of Christi Yamagucci Mane the Great in reference to the new push from Republicans, not new, but you know, newly highlighted by a recent Democratic political ed, the Republicans want a bam porn And in the ad, a Republican congressman enter someone's bedroom as they're about to as they're actually actively jacking off, and then he takes their phone and they keep tracking off for some reason. Weird performance choices made in this political ad I did after watching a video today. Our guest today sent us a video that is wonderful, and after I was done watching it and enjoying it, I got a scripture based solution to my porn addiction ad, which I think I must have because I watched the Democrat porn ban ad on YouTube yesterday. I think they must be like this guy. This guy needs to listen here hear some help from a little guy by the name of j C. Yeah, who's mentioned things to say about porn addiction. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 3: Miles great, yay, by Green fuck whatever anyways mouse green, Hey, if you see J's tarble signed by the side of the road that says fifteen miles till the mousht mouse hut baby.
Speaker 2: Mouse hut baby.
Speaker 3: Oh there, Carbo mouse hurt. He's a little place where we can't eat together.
Speaker 2: Mouse hut baby wow, mouse too. He's a triple thread. Do it all when I say political advisory, have that? Gotta have that eating mice and singing the marble triple triple Yeah.
Speaker 3: Shut out, you current do that on television because look, I love singing like the Miles.
Speaker 2: You simply current do that. I currentt ever do that, but yes, thanks for that. Yeah, yeah, I said mine was from Christy. I'm a Gucci man, right, yeah, thank you, Chrissy, I'm a Gucci man. The Great. Speaking of the Great, we are thrilled to be joined by one of the greatest podcast guests, one of the funniest people doing it anywhere. He's one of the hosts of Jordan jesse Go. He's an acclaimed author of comics and graphic novels like the Eisner nominated Bubble and the brand new graphic novel Youth Group. It's Jordan Morrin. It's me Jordan Morris aka Jordan Moros, Gordius thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, Gordon Moros. I guess Gordon is an actual man normal. I'm Gordon Moros, gord Man, a man who's.
Speaker 2: Been gord Uh huh? Can I be a man who like has yeah, is a god which is not very spooky, but we're gonna be. That's seasonal Moros. Oh you said ship with that one?
Speaker 1: Can I can I address something that was said on a previous episode of this show now that I have Oh shit, So on a recent episode, Miles did a topical ska elon musk parody.
Speaker 2: Jack, you did not know.
Speaker 1: The you know formative quintessential third wave skot hit sellout by real big fish.
Speaker 2: I recognize it.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's okay, But I just like wanted to support Miles and support you know, those of us still like holding it down for SKA. I do have a little Scott Elon Musk parody of my own. If you would give me a give me the floor for a second.
Speaker 2: The floor is yours.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. Stop you're jumping around. That cyber truck is on fire time.
Speaker 2: Time to stop.
Speaker 1: Posting memes, creating problems online. On a message to you, Eln thank you.
Speaker 3: Wow, oh man old Gray Whistle test performance of that song.
Speaker 2: That was really nice, and thank you for the impromptu support. Yeah yeah, I do know that one. That's plastic. It's a goddamn second wave.
Speaker 1: Scott, what wave did that?
Speaker 2: The Specials? The Specials first? That's probably second wave? Yeah yeah, yeah, really enjoyed that. I do wish Elon Musk would stop his jumping around. Yeah, he really loves to jump around him. He does something like he's up to it.
Speaker 1: Someone pointed out recently that maybe when he jumps up he's trying to form an X with his body.
Speaker 2: Is there any truth to.
Speaker 3: That, I don't know even if true also an l right, Okay, I don't have the life force to rea.
Speaker 2: I have also seen that claim, and I don't have whatever it takes to like go and look into that. It's just a It will make me too sad to like find out whether that's true or not.
Speaker 3: Because when it would lead to like some interview where Elon's like, what people about what I'm doing is I'm creating an X with my body and.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is physical yourself.
Speaker 3: You know, you know it's worse, It's worth less than truth social now Twitter can officially, I think the great inversion has happened as of like this week.
Speaker 2: I feel like the great inversion has happened in general. I just feel like we are descending into mega world. Like I mean, buzz Aldron, my buzz Aldron fucking Buzz endorsed Trump.
Speaker 1: To be fair, I think that just like if your name is Buzz, probably it's actually more to do with his name being Buzz, just that all the other guys he knows named Buzz or Maga.
Speaker 3: But and he's like the most bitter one, right of all those dudes wh went up there because did he have to know like he did. He stay's bitter in the sense, so like when people are like you didn't actually land on the moon, he'll punch them, which I've always respected, Like like militaristic anti moon landing hoax is funny to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really contains multitudes, you know. Yeah, we're all complicated.
Speaker 2: He's also something and yeah, he's kind of he's kind of old the movie First Man, by the Way, which I've talked about really enjoying. I'm a real hot and cold with Damien Chizzel, but that one really worked for me. And they make buzz Aldrons seem like a true asshole, like kind of is just like a big person, like he kind of like just bullies his way onto the moon landing over He's like, well, not bullies, but he's just like this like abrasive guy who's like, nah, we'll never do it. But and it is whoever whatever book they use for research was not a big fan of buzz Aldron, right, But yeah, I don't know, I'm getting ads for scripture on YouTube that's never happened before. It just feels like everybody's preparing. They're like he's gonna win, and we're all going to live in a weird, fucking it religio fascist world. I mean, what those Bible folks don't know is there's some pretty hot scripture. So you know, Jordan just turned his seat backwards and his hat backwards.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, all right, Jordan, we are getting you know who else, Blue fat Ropes.
Speaker 2: Are gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of things we're talking about today. Mega is doing their best impression of somebody who is offended. They're pretending to be offended. In response, they're like, oh you're offended. Well, wow, so we're mad too. You said me a thing about Joe Babble hold my beer.
Speaker 3: They say they do not alight because too much too. Although I feel like recently I've seen a lot of these people back on the bud light. I mean, the outrage never lasts for too long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, anyways, we'll talk about that. The Supreme Court also is allowing a voter perge to continue in Virginia. It just feels like they're stretching out, getting ready for whatever. It's like, wait, you're not supposed to play in this game. Why are you guys stretching each other out two yank shadow boxing from the Dodger game.
Speaker 3: That got that that that that's my I'm in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah that. We we will talk about those guys. I really, I don't know. There's just a level of I don't know, like someone needs to like I kind of get them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they do need to be a renaissance painting.
Speaker 2: Yes, just a new strain of like super dirt bag that I don't know, like the sunglasses at night, the shamelessness, the weird hand gestures, the conviction that they showed when interfering in the game, all the respect the hell out of it. We're also going to talk about haunted houses because it is Halloween, and yeah, a lot of people believe in haunted houses. Sixty one percent of people believe in ghosts in America, which is also helpful to keep in mind as we enter this election season. More people believe in ghosts than we'll vote for either pande, so a little helpful time. We need to get out the ghost vote, y'all. Yeah, a voter. A lot of.
Speaker 1: Polling places are haunted. There's a lot of haunted community centers, there's a lot of haunted fire stations, juniors, all places large, rather not.
Speaker 2: Do that have high probability of haunting. What if that's just the Democrats closing message. It's just like to do the opposite of getting the vote out of Republicans, to be like this, I'm scary out there, folks, ghost surreal, I'm afraid of no ghosts. Yeah, all that plenty more. But for Jordan, we do like toask our guests, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are? Yes?
Speaker 1: So I love the Halloween season. I love a Halloween playlist, but I realized that the you know, the difficult part of the Halloween playlist is like you don't got a lot of songs to choose from. I love having one on around the house, but like, okay, it's Monster Mash, it's Psycho Killer, I put a spell on you, and like maybe something from Nightmare before Christmas. But then you just got to like repeat, so, you know, it feels like it's the same five or six songs. But I think something people do not know is that Bobby Boris Pickett, the guy who wrote the Monster Mash, just kept writing monster songs. He just kept doing it. Every couple of years. Every time there was a new trend, he would do another monster song. There's a monster Christmas song, and so yeah, this guy just like has he's got you, He's got your back if you like feel like there's not enough Halloween songs. So I was kind of going through his catalog and in the eighties, at the height of hip hop, he did the monster rap and I believe in the eighties this is from the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It has a very like eighties you know, hip hop production style, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At the same time I was, I was assuming it was more recent than that because eighties rap is so I don't know, like think about like the Rodney Dangerfield rap and like you know those like theme rap songs.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is very much in that mold rap in Rodney Mister T's.
Speaker 2: Rats not that bad. It's not doing the nursery rhyme thing where they're like, well my name is Dracula. I'm here to say that, you know, like they it's it feels like it was written by people. Well, let's let's hear listen to Okay, sorry, I'm not I guess too much. Yeah, nineteen eighty four, I believe is the dast tell you year of my supposed.
Speaker 7: Birth episode, his head winds app Okay, the shock, the shock, the boy.
Speaker 2: Shocked, shock, the.
Speaker 1: Voice, I don't know who this is.
Speaker 3: Okay, so one party is definitely like, you know, some sugar Hill Gang old rap style. But what he said the body bought like shot the body shocking. He needs to he needs to sue Playboy CARDI thank you.
Speaker 2: The body part was.
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really enjoy Jordan, thank you so much. Like usually people tell search history and this is like, I can use this immediately. I'm putting this on my kids playlist for Halloween tonight.
Speaker 1: And just shirt down and just search for It'll replace all the Christian porn ship in your search hit exactly. Because again, this guy's got so many. He's got one called the Monster Swim that's like a parody of beach party songs. And then at some point in it he goes, it's better than the mash has to say, like foringe about that old one. We're all doing the Monster Swim now, it's better.
Speaker 2: This one also opens with him saying, oh, still in the lab late one night, like so he's just like he's just like, uh, he kind of sounds Rizott like the car. He's doing character work because he is getting like more annoyed by Igor as it goes along. Like now he and Igor are like kind of an old married couple in this song, like he gets mad at him a lot.
Speaker 3: Wait, there's a chopped and screwed version of the Monster Mash. Yeah, Broy, Wow, he really is doing the hip hop ship if he's doing a chopped like a DJ slowed down version, was that him?
Speaker 2: This is slow? Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is on the Bobby bores Picket YouTube. Out of the Jordan's sent through, Like one of the clips is Monster Mash parenthetical.
Speaker 2: Slow and spooky version. That's good.
Speaker 3: Oh he knows, he knows how TikTok works. People love the slow down version of famous songs too.
Speaker 2: So he's just getting in there. He's smart, he's smart. I think he has passed on.
Speaker 5: But you know, okay, well whoever's running this YouTube than yeah.
Speaker 2: Who put this out two months ago? Whoever? Yeah? Yeah, I love just like finding a thing and sticking to it, you know, just all courage.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, I know. And it's like creative people. I think we all you know, we think a lot about like oh am I being pigeonholed, like should I branch out? Have I been doing this too long? But it's like this guy is just fucking not Monster songs, new monster song every couple of years, and like, yeah, I mean it's it's admirable. I like, I like, get a lot of inspiration, find.
Speaker 2: Your pigeon hole and just keep drilling. Yeah, drilled. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like being like Angetty's or like the Wegman, the photographer who just takes wine mariner photos, and it's like I do one thing, don't anything else. It's these dogs in clothes.
Speaker 2: Okay, one hundred years from now, this is going to be the one thing that is artistically respected from our time. His Monster songs like the only really lasting music of their time.
Speaker 1: We don't we don't know much about them. They're mysterious people, but we knows that they're months.
Speaker 2: They did that.
Speaker 1: Their monsters didn't get together for a lot of different kinds of parties.
Speaker 3: Right, and their and their female deity Haktua right.
Speaker 2: To this pace of course, Jordan, what's something he thinks underrated?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I got some I list and I know the show I'm on. I got a couple of food ones for you. I want to get your pig underrated? Have you had the burger at Buffalo Wild Way.
Speaker 3: I would never even fucking think to have a burger a you would. Yeah, it's one of those things. Wait maybe just before I get into it a little bit, are y'all Buffalo Wild Wings fans beat ups.
Speaker 2: Is Yeah, it's so long, but it's given the opportunity. I do love it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's when I worked at one of my older jobs, there was a beatves near the office, and like when we were acting like, let's take a like a fuck you lunch break because.
Speaker 2: We did like our manager, we went to Yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great place for that, and they like they like stay open. They have like a late happy hour. So if you ever just like I'm a piece of shit today, like you can go to Buffalo Wild Wings at like eleven pm and everything will be cheaper. It's yeah, it's really fun. I think they all have really good vibes. And the wings are great. I think, like if we're talking Chain Wings, I think Wingstop is king, but like Buffalo Wild Wings, you can't you know. It's that sit down experience. If you like to watch the game, they do that great. But I was in there the other day round eleven pm being a piece of shit and and for some reason, the wings, like I just I needed something more substantial, you know, wings, wings. You got to eat a lot of them to feel like you had a meal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even I'm not there's a little something yeah eating with ye health food in my book. Yeah, yeah, exactly, look carb, I guess, yeah, yeah, yeah, keto, depending on the sauce.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, I'll do. Because they had a special on the burger and it's like one of those it's like a smash burger, which I know is like overused food trend. Maybe you were tired of it. I don't know, but they fucking nailed it.
Speaker 2: It was so good.
Speaker 1: It was just like it was just the smash patties, cheese, a couple of condiments, and it was as it like, you know, the smash burger. It's the thing you like, at least in La you kind of like wait in line for, yeah, the pop up it's in a guy's yard, and but like it was as good as that. It was as good as one that you like, oh like would be like an Instagram famous local smash burger kind of totally. Yeah, I'll stand by that, and and you know all all maybe preface it was saying I did maybe had a couple of eleven PM five dollars double tequila sodas I thought the hit though, it hit.
Speaker 2: It hard, so good. It's that I do think this represents a positive a sea change that we're seeing a positive sea change. Is like the Buffalo Wild Wings Burger five years ago, I would automatically assume and probably be right that it was like one of those ones that's just like thick, you know, just like a cow job breaker. Yeah, yeah, just so massive you can't get your mouth around it. So the fact that more, more and more people are just switching to the smash Burger, I feel like it's a lot easier to pull off and you can still charge frequently successful, Yeah, you can as much. Yeah. I just think that there's a higher rate of success with the Smashburger than those thick old barbecue steak housburger, Yeah, steak.
Speaker 1: And I think the the smash Burger's use of that like slimmer like potato bun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's so much better than a brio spot, which I think was the default for for a.
Speaker 2: Long time in burgers, Yeah exactly, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah there's just a ton of bread, not a ton of flavor, but yeah that little that little potato roll or that just little like white bread roll, I don't know, soaks up the juice real nice. And uh yeah, the beat the bat UB's version is uh it's a fucking killer.
Speaker 2: It's great. Love that all right, what's some of these things overrated? Okay the margarita at Margaritaville, M yep, that's right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's okay, so I there's a Margaritaville I like to visit, uh at And again I don't want to get too hyper local here, but Universal City was gonna say walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know this is the little area of chain restaurants outside of Universal Studios for the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so yeah, it's got every chain restaurant you could want again, l A. You know, some days maybe hard to find your favorite chain, but but there's some places where they're kind.
Speaker 2: Of like collected and together.
Speaker 1: Yes, and city Walk City Walk one of those places. And you know, Margaritaville great choice for dining. There, good vibes, you know, vibes for days. Obviously it's five o'clocks something. Yeah, yeah, of course, but there. I had the margarita last time I was there, and I'm like, you know what, there's a better margarita in this center and it's at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 1: You go, Wow, such a fucking dick swing for that place to have a better margarita than Margaritaville. I'm sorry, it just is. It's superior. It's customizable. They have a kind of you can do. They have all sorts of like kind of build your own margaritas where you can do the little corona that sits on the lip with a little plastic.
Speaker 2: Seat kick in a few more bucks, you can take home the souvenir cup.
Speaker 3: Yes, you can out in my kitchen date night with my wife to Yeah. I'm like, we're going to Bubba Gump Shrimp at your city Walk. I don't give a fuck. And she was like, Wow, this this is perfectly you. This is not this is you. I love that man, she says to the waiter as she's sorry taking yeah city walk.
Speaker 2: I feel like is somewhere on the evolutionary path between like where the other places in present day America and the world of demolition man right right, we're we're we're on the way there.
Speaker 3: It's all lanes and and then you know, next thing, you know, we'll wake up and we're wiping with three seashells.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: I can't even say fuck you in public with that's right without.
Speaker 1: Getting yeah sure. And then there's murder death kills going on everywhere in DK. Dennis Leary has to explain ship to him. I don't funk you at people like we normally do what we love to do. Let's take a quick break and we'll get into some news. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, and now's the fun part where we get to talk about the upcoming election.
Speaker 1: Bully is going to be watching the results at the Bubba Gump Shrimp com I want to be when they call it for Kamala.
Speaker 9: I was at Bubba Gump getting bombed off the audios. Motherfuckers audio, motherfucker Bubba Gump baby.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, aside from the horse race stuff that's going on, nothing's really changed.
Speaker 2: I mean you'll see pulling like is there a surprise waiting in Kansas? U that has gotten to a lot of people in my time. A lot of people are like, it's oh, Trump's gonna win, Like, just get get your mind around that it's gonna happen. Because of all the polling, neat still has given us a you know, it's steadily moving in his direction. Yeah, sure, sure, move find out that I've stopped.
Speaker 1: I just kind of stopped clicking on anything that has Nate Silver in the title. Dude's kind of a bummer for me. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And uh yeah, Nathan Silver, the guy the pole prognostigator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it right.
Speaker 3: A lot of a lot of the recent coverage though now is obviously, I think, just continued fallout from Tony Hingchecliff's racist soapbox set at Madison Square Garden. It's absolutely sports the Trump campaign and their allies to now pretend that they have delicate sensibilities and are capable of discerning between what is and is not appropriate language. The Puerto Rico garbage Island thing, obviously is the biggest pain point around what Hingecliff said, But never mind the equally fucked up you know, quote unquote jokes about black people.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah people kidding.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, wild that that we we just picked that one fucked up thing that because it's all through the horse It's all through the horse race lens. It's like, what would be what happened to Puerto Rican voters? You know, it's like what like there's a voting block in a county?
Speaker 2: You know? Yeah, sure, And of course you have to sound smart about it, and dude, like we have to all pretend like we're that guy on m S NBC who's like, come in here, let's look at the map. Yeah. Yeah, we're all.
Speaker 1: All just touching, touching a map that doesn't react till a couple of seconds after we touched it.
Speaker 2: Who's running this? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Trumpe went on Fox or like a panic like all hands on deck, Spin Zone interview to try and you know, sort of deflect from everything with handed he said. Quote when he pulled up my Mariah Carey talking about j LO, he said, I don't know her. He said, quote, I have no idea who he is. Somebody said there was a comedian that joked about Puerto Rico or something, and I have no idea who he is. I never saw him, never heard of them, and I don't want to hear of him, and I have no idea Like.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear of him. I don't subscribe to his podcast. Yeah, no, I was year though, right, it is.
Speaker 1: Like it is wild, how like we know, we know how fucking addicted to cable news he is, you know, like and and they've just been running this clip constantly to be absolutely at this one, be playing the game of like I still haven't seen this clip.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. He says, something about Puerto Rico.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, you know, I'd do great with hispanics, right, that's another anyway, So he goes on quote he said, quote now that now what they've done is taken somebody that has nothing to do with the party, has nothing to do with us. He said something, and they try and make a big deal, but I don't know who it is. I don't even know who put him in, and I can't imagine it's a big deal. He also said it's nobody's fault that he was up there, but somebody said bad things. It's like, no, like he's basically okay, fine, let's move on. I don't know that person. It's so weird that this people up there and saying a lot of stuff I don't know. We have we have an open mic. It's a lottery and we just let people go up.
Speaker 2: And he just jumped on stage. We didn't know who he was, but.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, yeah, it is truly so weird that they were invited and vetted by your campaign to speak at the Nazi rally and we all know. Oh, they also reviewed the material before it was loaded into the teleprompter.
Speaker 2: Okay, we know that because they rejected a thing calling Kamala Harris the sea word. Yeah yeah, yeah, to see you next Tuesday. They're like, okay, that one, let's take that out. The watermelone stuff, great, the rock, Yeah, we have some tags for your Puerto Rico joke if you'd like to hear him. Oh yeah, I love that. I love you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess the logic here being that, like we are already down with women, so that could be bad. Non whites are definitely fair game, though, you know, let it rip with those jokes, just not.
Speaker 2: The women's stuff.
Speaker 3: We didn't want to go full see you next Tuesday after that would have been because that would have been I mean, I'd imagine clever people in the Harris campaign would have been like, if that happened, they'll be like, oh, yeah, we will see you next Tuesday on SHO And that's why I got out of politics.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I'm too good at it. I'm too good.
Speaker 3: I'm too good at you when.
Speaker 2: Imperialism, when you quit politics, you did give the Goodwill hunting speech about do you know how easy this shit is for me? Yeah, and lit something on fire and walked out.
Speaker 1: In the same thing that Bobby bush Pickett said when he got out of Monsters.
Speaker 3: But it's like the wild thing though about Tony Hinchcliffe. Right, this is an NBC This is about Hinchcliffe. Fucking workshopped this joke quote. It was not the first time Hinchcliffe had used the Puerto Rico line to sit at the Stand Comedy Club in New York City, where he made a surprise appearance Saturday night. According to NBC news producer and three other people who happened to be in the audience, the joke did not draw laughs, just a handful of awkward chuckles. Hinchcliffe told the audience that he would be performing at the Madison Square Garden rally the next day, and said multiple times during his routine that he would get a better reaction tomorrow at the rally because they're all racist, you see, yea even there, but yeah, wild yeah, wild that just like why workshop it? You know, if you're not gonna like if it eat shit the night before, why still do it at the thing anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much faith in this awful joke.
Speaker 3: This is just Also, I just want to play this quote from Trump just to be like, nothing to see here, Everything's fine. This is just him talking about how Puerto Rico is just great stuff, great stuff.
Speaker 8: Chips with Hispanics. But I've had really great relationship with Puerto Rico and people from Puerto Rico. They love every time I go outside, I see somebody from Puerto Rico, they give me a hug in it kiss uh huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that sounds that sounds like a real story and not something. Sure time I go outside, I see somebody from Puerto Rico and they give me a hug and a kiss. Uh huh. The Secret Service is fine with people running up and kissing me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they love that. They love that they give me hugs and kisses. And that's why everything I said or anything that came out of people associated with is okay.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: Matt Walsh also had something to say on this. This is the man who famously asked what is woman he has? He's just basically saying, you know, like it predictably if you're offended, like just just shut the fuck up about everything.
Speaker 2: Here's Matt Walsh.
Speaker 10: So he made fun of Puerto Rican's black people, Jews and Arabs. You know, it's a pretty pretty equal opportunity offender. Were they offensive jokes? I mean yeah, if you're a whiny little baby, there offensive to you. If if those jokes are offensive to you, then you're just a whiny, pathetic, ridiculous, sad sack of human being. If that's if it was actually offensive. Okay, not like you're pretending to be. But if you heard any of those jokes and we're actually hurt by them, then you're just a ridiculous person.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're just a ridiculous person. So shall we check in with the ridiculous people? Because you know, again, whenever there's a moment like when they fucked up, the immediate response is we need to glom onto something that, like a liberal has said to be like, well, it's absolutely not that bad.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad timpoole like revealed to be a Russian operative and left or is I guess he's threatening to cancel his podcast because his staff is too encompetent, Like you just sat there on his podcast and were guys, I'd love to keep doing it, but these fucking engineers and producers sucks shit. But anyways, I'm so glad he's left because now I know who the wellh at wallshit. I couldn't keep those two separate for the Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, temple Well has a surgically implanted beanie on his head. That's the easy way to remember that. But again, if we're talking about offense, right, So, Joe Biden was on like a Voto Latino Zoom event where he commented on Hingecliff and again, if you just looked at the headlines from the right, it was this from the New York Post. Biden rips Trump supporters as quote only garbage icy floating in rebuke of ex president over joke made by comedian at rally.
Speaker 2: Elon Musk quotes too. It is like Biden just called half of America garbage.
Speaker 3: Okay, well really, but if you look back, the New York Post actually changed the headline because we were like, is that what was said. It said Biden appears to call Trump supporters garbage and rebuke.
Speaker 2: Of mag as.
Speaker 3: White House insists he did he just say anything in a headline if there's a question mark, yeah, oh yeah, appears to. Charlie Kirk said, Joe Biden is dehumanizing as using dehumanizing language towards eighty million Americans.
Speaker 2: Calling Trump supporters quote garbage.
Speaker 3: This is how the worst atrocities of the twentieth century begin again in twenty twenty four. They think you are garbage, therefore worthy of elimination. May I look again, it's there's not even point being outraged by any of this. You fucking losers have been saying the same dehumanizing shit constantly, So miss us with.
Speaker 2: Your like what the fuck is going on the clip?
Speaker 3: If you want to know what he actually said, this is what Joe Biden actually said, and we'll comment on the other side.
Speaker 11: And just the other day, speaker at his rally called Puerto Rico a floating islm of garbage. Well, let me tell you something I don't I don't know the Puerto Rico, but I know Puerto Rico where I'm in my homestate of Delaware. Okay, to good, decent, honorable people. The only garbage I see floating down there is his supporters, his his his demonizational scene is unconscionable and it's un American.
Speaker 2: So now, again from the start of that, that's one of the rougher Joe moments. That's what really brought back to when he was president. He's the one that is good and Puerto Rico, in my home state, is right. If you don't if you bring it, bring it in for a landing like corn pop gonna come up.
Speaker 3: He kept drum I don't know, so again in it, the quote is he's saying, you know, and look at his supporters, and then he sort of trails off, like vilification of of Latinos. I'm not exactly sure what I mean. They're they're saying that he was. He's saying, it's the supporters demonization of Latinos that is the garbage. I mean, even if he did mean to accurately describe like this racist pack of ship rats as garbage, that is somehow beyond the pale. Yeah, because again the NonStop xenophobic, transphobic ship like, so are those just jokes too? I'm trying to just figure out what where what's level's set here first?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the like gymnastics you have to do of like it's just jokes. Don't get offended to, Like now.
Speaker 2: We're offended in twelve hours. It's it's pretty wild.
Speaker 1: I feel like at some point they're gonna like start calling Trump rallies safe spaces, like come to your safe space, and to just like using all.
Speaker 2: The shit that they were mad at in the first place. Yeah, it's just like that. I mean, I think everybody has the institutional memory of Hillary Clinton saying deplorables and that being people being like that's why she lost the Yeah, that's why of the three thousand reasons that people have attributed to why she lost the election. But it's just the media treats white people with like such fucking kid gloves. They're just like so scuter. They're like, oh, you're really messed up. Man. Now they're gonna be mad and they probably will be like that, Yeah, make no mistake that that was probably bad and maybe Joe Biden shouldn't be talking bad as a political maneuver.
Speaker 3: But it's like anything is the thing gonna move, Like if someone goes it was it's when Joe Biden said that I realize I have.
Speaker 2: To support Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like no, I feel like even because I watched these videos, we're like they're going like I saw like some clip like from these like college students in North Carolina before Trump rally, and like, so why are you support Trump's like oh as a student man like good a gas gas prices or like just really it's a lot. And I'm like, bro, y'all are just looking for fucking reasons. Yeah, aren't because I'm a racist regressive, sure, but you know, fucking patriarch like patriarchy upholding goon. It's not it's that's you can't say that, So you gotta find some weird ass like ill informed talking point.
Speaker 2: The mysh idiot I like told me to right, yeah exactly when just just say.
Speaker 3: That I have a parasocial relation with a podcast shithead and he told me to yeah, yeah, hey that's us.
Speaker 2: Hey I'm a podcast.
Speaker 6: Hey wait a seconds podcast sitheads who love everyone who has a parasocial relationship with us. White people, Uh yeah, are are the problem, but we're focusing on every other miles.
Speaker 2: You talked about this for the past couple of days, but it's just like more and more like the the mainstream media is just like find finding these little chunks of like people to break off, and it's just like, look at you decided by them? I don't really really And are we.
Speaker 3: Doing the thing too rhetorically where you're asking like marginalized people to save you, yes, okay, yeah, from the thing that we have no hand in creating, like the okay, yeah, yeah, Well you.
Speaker 2: See, Miles, black men are voting for Donald Trump at a rate of eight percent this time instead of three percent last time. And that's the difference over. Yeah, it's not the hard lets who we should that happened. That happened with all of white people. Right, we need, yes, we need, Yeah, we need a topic for a trend piece where we can do a lot of interviews, right exactly. But it's so, you know, there's so much entitlement among white people in America that if you offend them, they are going to freak the fuck out. And so yeah, I feel like that's where the story is coming from. Yeah, yeah, well, let let's talk about some other white people, uh, some other Trump supporters. The Supreme Court has allowed a voter purge that was happening in Virginia to move forward. Basically, you know that Glenn Youngkin was asked it was in the process of purging like thousands of votes in Virginia based on the fear that illegal immigrants were voting in the election that they had no evidence was actually happening. Never do because there was no evidence. Local courts and you know, federal courts up to this point were like no and just furthermore no, And it got to the Supreme Court and they were like, yeah, he can do that. No further answers, you're on any reasoning, any rationale on no, No, no rationale given. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's an emergency appeal, so I guess that that's there is sort of a precedent for why they might not come out immediately. But it's like when it just goes down, you know, it's like only the three liberal justices or like against it, You're like, yeah, we did it.
Speaker 2: We've seen their reasoning around, like when when saying that Trump couldn't be prosecuted, they're like basically granting him the power of a monarch with no good explanation whatsoever. It's just I feel like we're seeing them on the sidelines as we're getting ready to have this election stretching out and like Clarence Thomas just did the lebron powder clap at the scorer's table, and it's like, wait, you guys aren't supposed to be playing in this game. This is just an election. Why do you And they're like, oh, you clearly haven't seen the game tape from two thousand, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little a little amuse bouche before the bullshit that's gonna come after the election.
Speaker 2: Sure, but yeah, it feels feels bad generally, would be where where I'm at heading into this election. And that is my final stance, closing argument.
Speaker 3: This is gross, not this is not great, Bob. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back, and we're back.
Speaker 2: We're Jordan. Are you a baseball fan? You know I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not a baseball fan, but I am really enjoying the World Series vibes around l A. I was a in a restaurant last night but they were showing the game. LA lost. But just like great vibes. I don't know, it's really fun as a non sports fan. But not I'll clarify, I'm not a sports ball guy. I'm not a superb Owl guy, just a man who doesn't necessarily follow follows sports.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's fun when the home team's winning. It's uh yeah, I'm liking it. I'm liking to be an aditivity in the city for sure.
Speaker 2: So on the night of the twenty ninth, three guys I think it was a group of three, two who were like the main perpetrators, got in just the wire.
Speaker 3: I think all three got kicked out. Oh the video I saw was just the two, but anyway, maybe.
Speaker 2: It was just the two, but they got in just under the wire. For like group costumes, if you don't have a Halloween costume yet, I feel like because one of.
Speaker 3: The if you're in a throttle, if you got your guys, you have two keys and jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they're wearing sunglasses at night. Yep. One of them has uh this was my favorite details. One of them had a slide glove like the glove that people wear ride running bases that can only be described as like a oven mitt without the thumb.
Speaker 3: Part masculine of the most masculine of Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the had that for no reason, like I've seen I've seen people go to games with baseball gloves because you are hoping to catch a foul ball like this slide bit is just I guess, announcing your intention to like storm the field. Yeah yeah, yeah, but love their whole energy wearing Sunglas the night the guy who wasn't had eyes like two pistoles in a snowbank. To quote my mom when I came in extremely fucked up one time, I'll.
Speaker 1: Say the guy the kind of the main dude in this altercation, I would say his look is adult wrizzler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, adult wrizzler. If Tim Robinson was playing the adult wrizzler.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So many yeah, so many people have been posting. I think you should leave memes to be like it was, whether it's the phone one with him like this, like yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Many facal expressions like yeah there he is. So what what happened for people who aren't watching and aren't up on it? And made the World Series may well be over by now because tonight but it Game four, fly ball was hit into like right the right field bleachers, and Mookie Betts went and made a spectacular catch, and a guy who was there in the crowd just grabbed his glove and held him there like Aloft while his friend like held Mookie. The first game the ball out, just pried the ball out like that was the.
Speaker 2: Rules, and yeah it was. It was very very weird, like it was the It was immediately called like fan interference and like the home team who they're rooting for, was ruled out and then they were kicked out.
Speaker 3: But but for one game for just crazy Yeah, Steve Dve Bartman had to exile to god knows where. Yeah, these guys Cubs fan who.
Speaker 2: Touched the ball right as they were about to catch it and like hurt the Cubs chances of winning the World Series.
Speaker 3: And like but this one, I guess because it's like, yeah, fuck them. I think that's really why it feels I think justified amongst fans, and like I was texting some of my friends and like, dude, if I was three to zero down, I.
Speaker 2: Would be doing some fucking toxic shit. I think. Out there but.
Speaker 1: Right, find your worst fans, get them as close to the game as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it also speaks to the bitterness that, like, you know, just sports fans experience constantly just simmering rage.
Speaker 2: I should be out there the ball and I'm not yeah, just a new strain of dirt egg just dropped. I feel like and it's I I remember the Steve Bartman moment, and this was year, like over a decade ago, Like like Myles was saying, like a Cubs fan caught a ball that would have been caught by the home team. He a lot of people say he cost the Cubs, and he had an iconic look because he was like wearing headphones and a turtleneck for some reason, and everybody that year, like there were so many good Bartman costumes. It was. It was such a good it's such an iconic look that I expect to see some Yankee Dirtbeg fans out there this year. But yeah, like you said, he's only banned for Game five.
Speaker 1: When I saw these guys, my initial reaction was, I bet these guys still use the nicknames they were given in high school. Oh yeah, yeah, I bet these guys still call each other like dump truck or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: They're like there, where's bag of donuts?
Speaker 2: Bag of donuts?
Speaker 3: Fish, the fucking ball out of Mookie bets mid Bro, the fucking I love the quotes from this The fucking deranged dude are quotes.
Speaker 2: I missed the quote. I'm sure they were. They found You'll never guess Jordan where they found him after he was kicked out. Oh my god, do I get a nearby? Three guesses.
Speaker 3: Across the street, Oh my god, he wrote it on their shoulders.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. He said he had previously discussed with his friend that if a ball comes their way, we're gonna d up. I patrol that wall. And if they know.
Speaker 1: That, Oh no, this guy's he's made it his fucking thing. He's like, it's my thing. I patrolled the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my god, I wonder who he's voting for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I patrol the wall.
Speaker 3: Is a very interesting description of him getting ship faced and pretending he's on the Yankees. But okay, I pray to be there, but I do a job. I do pay them, but I I'm the wall patrol guy. But I okay, okay, I patrol my neighborhood too. Oh boy, yeah, okay, what are the patrols?
Speaker 2: Are you on? Sir?
Speaker 3: But yeah, I, like I said quote, I know when I'm in the wrong, And as soon as I did it, I was like, boys, I'm out of here. Well that shows that shows some maturity in reflection, you know a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knew, he knew where the line and you.
Speaker 3: Know, Tony Hitchcliff would say, boys, I'm out of here. Boys, I know when I'm in the wrong, and I sure fucked up.
Speaker 2: I agree later myself. Yeah yeah. I Also I feel like every member of the Yankees and like this group of fans, they all look like they leave the stadium and put on NYPD uniforms, like yeah, like they really like the guy who was like one of the heroes of the game last night for the Yankees has like a big mustache.
Speaker 3: It's just like that's yeah, yeah, what they're going. That's the only facial hair you can have as a Yankee.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 3: That ship is so like tightly regulated for being a Yankee, which is also very weird. But yeah, I feel like half of those players are about to be like those scenes or like undercover cops who are usually Yankees Jerseys pull out the badge that's on a necklace as bro whoa whoa NYPD asshole?
Speaker 2: Like like is that you have those underneath? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those punisher stickers with the Blue Lives Matter flag.
Speaker 2: Exactly that they pulled that out When the next time Mookie Bets have the flyball next to the wall logo. Yeah, all right, let's talk haunting houses, guys, haunted houses, or as I call them, haunting houses. It turns out a lot of Americans believe in ghosts, sixty one percent more than is going to vote for any presidential candidate. And it's like, it's actually a legal issue because this is interesting. Yeah, so there a person once sued because they bought a haunted house, the house and and the local court and it went all the way up to the Supreme Court ruled as a matter of law, the house is haunted, and a decision that's become known as the Ghostbusters ruling. I assumed this was in the thirties at the latest. Ages it was in the nineties that somebody bought a house and then was like whoa, whoa, whoa, you didn't tell me it was haunted, and was able to get their money back because they hadn't completely revealed the degree to which was haunted.
Speaker 3: Like the person who owned the house was like, this shit is haunted as hell. The old sea captain visits me at night. And then when a buyer came like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty cool. It's pretty cool. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And then so it wasn't It was only because that owner had out in the open been like you had like a New York baby that they're like, oh, well, that's just so funny.
Speaker 2: As a matter of law, the haunt the house is haunted.
Speaker 3: We shout a judge down, he got scared, spent one night and their hair was standing up from such a fright.
Speaker 2: But it's basically spawned a cottage industry of psychics and exorcists who work with real estate agents to sort of get theted houses cleared.
Speaker 3: Yeah sure, so this is this is literally are Yeah, it is now just a real business.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, I was. I was checking.
Speaker 3: It's funny, that's the first thing I thought of, and I checked her Twitter. She hasn't posted since the name, oh the haunted realtor from Nathan. Yeah exactly, she's like, all my what was the bus bench ads like, all my house are one hundred ghost free.
Speaker 1: I mean that lady was just fucking ahead of the game. She should jump back in. Now it's apparently a legitimate business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a It is a legit business, and legit in that people give you legit money for the pseudo scientific thing.
Speaker 2: But they just come in and they're like, so good news and bad news. Good news.
Speaker 1: Uh, the spirit of the murdered Victorian child has been sent back to hell. But you do have black mold. I'm sorry, that's going to be pricey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's no problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see if we can get some concessions on that. I'll bring the price down a little bit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but yeah, four states have real estate to disclosure laws that specifically mentioned paranormal activity. I love that. Yeah, like you have to tell people, and some real estate agents actually like bundle the service. There's a Toronto psychic realtor, Larry Medina, who I just like that. There's like, yeah, fuck it fine, Like, oh yeah, I can actually so I know you're worried that the house is haunted. I can actually see ghosts. There is a ghost here. I'm gonna talk to them though, and we're let them know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna find them a nice little bungalow to move into.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah I can.
Speaker 3: And I can get them to another place if you want, of your choosing.
Speaker 2: That's an extra feat. But yeah, anyway, well let's talk, let's talk. Let's talk offline about this. They have looked into whether this would dissuade young people who don't have affordable housing, and it turns out young people don't give a ship over shit. Yeah, because yeah, yeah, millennials and gen z would live in the goddamn Overlook hotel if it was remotely affordable.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, it's also interesting to think like that the idea of the haunted house is like from an actual like just old big Victorian homes like be going abandoned, like in the twentieth century, so like there was just this visual of being like that's from a bygone era, but now we've all collectively been like.
Speaker 2: These are haunted homes. Yeah. There was a real estate panic called the Panic of eighteen ninety three, which was a prolonged American economic collapse that led to foreclosure and abandonment of property, and it disproportionately affected over large, newly built homes. And at that time the style of home that was popular was Victorian homes like the Atoms family, the Adams family, the Bates House, and Psycho like those houses that are basically what you picture when you picture a haunted house. They were just all newly built when there was this real estate implosion and so for you know, the first two decades of the twentieth century, they were being left to rot. And so everybody was like, Oh, the old spooky man are on the hill, and that's where a lot of our images of haunted houses come from, which well, I don't know which they gave discounts.
Speaker 1: We're in a world now where there's like there's old goths. Like, there's old goths who are probably buying houses. You can charge them more for that, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right exactly, Like somebody needs to come and take the opposite side of this and be like I can get you a haunted house or.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that just be like or in the place that has these disclosure laws, like you can just like con your way into a cheaper house and like, oh, this place is actually fucking haunted and they didn't say anything, so like we've got to knock the price down and it's just haunted. I think, what this what let's call it like ten thousand? Yeah, okay, great?
Speaker 1: Can I can I use that to like get out of shit at an Airbnb?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: You know, like howb is kind of hitting you now with the stuff where it's like oh you didn't strip the bed sheets. That's two hundred dollars. Well it was haunted. I had to run out. Yeah, and yeah, I couldn't weirdly strip the bed and load the washing machine like you want me to for some reason.
Speaker 3: So right, but I'm paying you. Okay, I'm sorry I didn't. I didn't separate the colors from the whites and that load that I left.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: There was a towel on the towel rack anyway, Well, haunted. I had to run out of the bathroom because now I have to charge you one hundred and fifty dollars cleaning fee for that errand towel.
Speaker 2: Would you guys move into a haunted house? Yeah, because I don't, fuck I never yeah.
Speaker 1: All yeah, yeah, And I think so, I think, I'm I'm I'm I'm not a ghost believer either, so I think could be. And you know, a fun story for for cocktail parties and such, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, yeah, I mean, yeah, worst case scenario, you have proof that there's like some weird spiritual realm if if it the house is indeed haunted, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like there's bigger things going on and then yeah, your life situation.
Speaker 3: Also when I because when I was a kid, and like I remember my grandparents' house in Japan was real.
Speaker 2: Creaky, and then a kid, I'm like, Mom, it's ghost.
Speaker 3: It's like it's an old house and the temperature is affecting the wood, so you're hearing it's like alive, so it creaks. And I was so scared that I just held onto that for dear life to be like always dismit, like I don't give a shit now whenever I hear I'm like, that's just the fucking house.
Speaker 2: What am gonna do? This isn't some ghost shit going on. I grew up in a house, uh well next to in Dayton, Ohio. I lived next to this house where somebody had like killed themselves recently, and it was like right next to the driveway where I would like shoot hoops late at night. And like I was telling my friend about that one time that like yeah, right there that house, like we that like a guy killed himself, like what our neighbor had been like a kid had modis long and been the last one to see him, and then like the lights flickered and the like I swear to gud was like two steps that I took before I was like in the kitchen, hiding under the table. Right, So even though I logically don't believe in ghosts, I also recognize my ability to. Like one of the explanations is like people have like unconscious open, like open unconscious minds, and I feel like I have a mind that is like willing to just yeah, I don't let anything in because I don't doubt.
Speaker 3: Stupid, I don't doubt when people are like this wild shit happened. Like I told, perception is reality. Sure, I just know my mind is totally closed off to that shit. So yeah, I'm I think I just I've shut down the channels that wouldn't maybe even perceive that, maybe.
Speaker 2: Because I'm so scared. Yeah you know, and that's why, because ghosts are so real. I don't know. And then when I told my parents, you know, I was out there shooting baskets with my neighbor Fred and like this happened, they were like Jack Fred died three years All right, Fuck you're not, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, basketball who burned down?
Speaker 2: Ago? What were you throwing the ball at? Just have a pile of ashes in my hand.
Speaker 1: Me, your mom I passed away. I'm not here and.
Speaker 2: This story is not really holding together.
Speaker 3: Guys worthy of this is any dating Ohio.
Speaker 2: This is a Bubba Gump shrimp cove. Jordan Morris, What a pleasure having you on the daily Zeitgeist? As always? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff? Thanks? Yeah, I am suggesting the folks check out Youth Group. It is a new graphic novel from me and artist Bowen mcgurny.
Speaker 1: It's a spooky, y a horror book about teenage exorcists.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I kind of grew up in a in a in a hip youth group in the nineties and this is like that experience plus religious horror. So yeah, you were a part of a Bible study where the youth pastor sat backwards on the chair and.
Speaker 2: No Orange County, California, Orange County, Okay. Yeah, so yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Where the book's set too. But I think if you did any kind of that stuff, you'll see a familiar cringe in the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's available wherever you get your books, Amazon, Barnes, Noble, better yet, your local indie bookstore. It's called Youth Group, and I hope folks check it out.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Is there a work a media that you've been enjoying The Monster Rap?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well primarily the Monster Rap. Yeah, you know, I'll recommend a great graphic novel I read recently is called Family Style. It's by a great cartoonist named Tin fam It is the story of like his family as refugees and kind of like kind of leaving their country and kind of settling in America. And it is told using food to mark time. So it was ever whatever food he remembered from that time in his life he uses it to tell the story. Yeah, it's beautiful. It won a bunch of Eisner's and and you know it is is kind of blowing up the comic book world. So if you if you love comics, you should check out Family Style. But also, like, if you're one of those people who's, like, I read two or three comics a year, not really my thing, but I'll pick them up if people recommend them.
Speaker 2: Family Style is one of the two or three. This is one of the two or three. Youth grow yeah, grab two of your two taking care of comic boom, go back to your novels or whatever.
Speaker 3: You're sor dumb with no pictures miles.
Speaker 2: Where can people find you as their work media you've been enjoying, Yeah, follow wherever there's at symbols at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 3: If you want to hear NBA talk is the season gets underway and my Lakers have only watched lost one game. Surprisingly, you can find that on Miles and Jackot Matt Boosties. If you want to hear me talk about ninety day fiance, I do that at four to twenty day fiance with Sophia Alexandra. A couple of teets I like. First one is from at des Intra. Sullivan tweeted there's a new guy at work named Wayne Bruce and I said, ah, man bat my old nemesis. Nobody got it. My talents are wasted there, which I think is right. And then lastly that job and touching on just I think for millennials and people who are up on just Joe Biden speak at Osita Uhenevu tweeted, just incredibly important to read Biden's comments in their full context.
Speaker 2: And here's the quota, says And just.
Speaker 3: The other day, a speaker at his rally called Puerto Rico floating out in the garbage.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you something I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know the Puerto rican that that I know, or Puerto Rico or I'm front in my home state of delt They're good, decent, honorable people. The goal only garbage people I see floating out there is to support.
Speaker 2: But but here's the deal. Let me.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about garbage, Let's talk about Shirley Manson.
Speaker 12: But he produce it. Never mind, you know that not a joke. Some of that drum sound was Andy Wallace. But anyway, version two point zero, I don't think they fell off all after that, not a bit. Listen to beautiful garbage again, Cherry Lips.
Speaker 2: It'll knock you over, gorgeous ship. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. A tweet I've enjoyed is from Erica at ye Eureka, who tweeted the body yadda yadd YadA, yadda YadA yaddy of Christ compels you, ah can find that and that is that should have been in the Monster rap. I feel you can find that there's a fan out there who can remix that. Right, little luzy vert, you know what that actually means. Lucifer whoa he needs to do like a thriller, like a spooky rap, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I said CARDI not a little lolozy herd.
Speaker 2: Well there you go.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: You can find us on Twitter at daily Zekeeist, d Daily Zeitgeist, on Instagram. We have Facebook fan page on a website daily zekeist dot com where we post our episodes in our footnotes or we'll link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode as well. It's a song that we think you might enjoy. MILESO song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: This is a track from Orion's son, who's a great singer songwriter, does kind of we've gone out on a few tracks of hers just stretches all kinds of genres.
Speaker 2: This track is called Mary Jane. It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: It kind of starts off with a little bit acoustic guitar and then kind of the sonic field fills out a little more and the song gets a little more you know, bounce to it.
Speaker 2: But it's also just a really great track I think for this this fall month. So Mary Jane by Orion Son, and when you play it, you can feel like this song is called Mary Jane. If you know what I mean, yeah, she says it over and over. Yeah, he's trying to make a bong sound there. Yeah, like Pastor Miles, what Mary you know? Yeah, there's probably someone named Jane in the Bible. Anyways, I gotta go, guys. The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to y'all then bye bye,