Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong, and Jetty, I know he Armstrong and Yetty. That's right.
Speaker 3: Halloween and the election are almost here. So whether it's trigger treaters or campaign workers, when that doorbell rings, you hit the lights and pretend you're not home.
Speaker 2: That's what we do. I love Halloween before the election.
Speaker 3: First you egg someone's house, and then you figure out which candidate would make those eggs cheaper.
Speaker 2: But it should be fun Halloween.
Speaker 3: There's a chance you could see someone dresses the Menendez brothers, and then there's a chance you could.
Speaker 2: Actually see the actual Menando's brother.
Speaker 4: Really could happen. Yeah, we're about to talk about that. I don't I don't like the cynical view of a Halloween. I love kids coming to my house. I'm not going to turn off the lights and hide. Absolutely not freaking love it. And I unfortunately I'm in a cul de sac sort of thing now where I just don't I don't think any kids are gonna come my direction, which is disappointing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we accidentally moved from a hood where like people were trucked in to go door to door, which ended up being a bit much, honestly, But then move to a hood where nobody does, and it was sad and depressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, neither one of my kids.
Speaker 4: My oldest is going to run around with his friends and do some stuff, but he's going on fifteen, and then my going on thirteen year old is thinking he's too old for it too. It's disappointing for me. Those were good times, man, when I got some neighbors right now, they got the little kids like probably probably like six and four or something like that, and they're so excited about getting dressed up. One of them's going to be the Mandalorian and the girl's going to be a princess, And just I loved that.
Speaker 5: If it were not such a short chapter in your life, it would not be so precious.
Speaker 4: True, if it went on for decades, you'd think, oh my god, it's Halloween again.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly. That's the bargain we strike with the universe. I'm Joe Getty or something like that. Meanwhile, the Menenda's brothers who shot gunned their parents, they see they were past the whole charming uh trigger trading age and they murdered their parents. So so here's it is a shame, it doesn't last longer.
Speaker 2: You're right. Here's the CBS Evening News.
Speaker 5: Yes, last year we were trigger treating in ghost costumes.
Speaker 4: This year they're shot gunning us. Oh the kids grow up so fast. Last year, it seems like yesterday you were Spider Man. Now there's a gun in my face. Here's the CBS News laying out the story.
Speaker 1: Some prosecutors in the DA's office oppose any release, adamant that this was a crime about money and not abuse. Family members have been mostly united, and at least one family member is against their release. The brother's attorney says they could be home as early as Thanksgiving. The legal experts we've spoken with say that's unlikely. So whiteesnaxt. The case will be handed over to a judge who will hold a hearing in about four weeks time.
Speaker 4: So I haven't watched any of the men Ninda's brother's stuff. Somebody is to Katie, you've talked about it, but somebody told me the other day they watched it. And this is somebody that like worked in has worked in a various jobs where I mean, they're not they're exposed to, you know, rough stuff sometimes, and they said they wish they hadn't Like, they heard things they're never going to be able to forget that they wish they hadn't heard.
Speaker 2: Was it that bad, Katie? Some of the descriptions of.
Speaker 6: Yes, I am similar to that where I've I've been around crime and all this stuff and heard horrible stories growing up, and I had to turn it off a couple of times. So they enjoyed that on a Friday, very very descriptive to the abuse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's mostly about how, if it's real, what they claim their dad was doing to them as kids is the sort of thing that you'll wish you hadn't heard. So I'm not God, I'm not gonna watch it. But I thought we were talking about the utter brutality of the slayings. No, no funny you for everyone. No, everything I've heard is the it's the abuse they claim, the descriptions, the very detailed descriptions of what dad was making them do throughout their childhoods, and if it's true, you know, part of the reason I imagine they go so far. The goal clearly of these these shows is to make you, you know, either feel like they ought to get out or or or a way to justify why they would kill their parents.
Speaker 2: Seems like yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: So has the mood turned that much. That is the reason that the DA came out. Yes, Dan thinks they served their debts of society. I suppose we should hear from him.
Speaker 2: What number is that? Twenty eight?
Speaker 7: We're going to recommend to the court that the life without the possibility for all be removed and they would be sentenced for murder, which because there are two murders involved, that will be fifty years to life. However, because of their age under the law, since they were under twenty six years of age at the time that the scrimes occurred, they will be eligible for parole.
Speaker 2: You needed.
Speaker 4: That's the most discussed cone. Yeah, that's the most distracting voice ever.
Speaker 2: Uh oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: His uh George Soros sponsored Marxist trying to tear the system down, releasing criminals into the streets, empty the prisons is annoying, but his voice is more annoying.
Speaker 2: It's so distracting. I have trouble focusing. He could be tense. This is important information you need to save your life, and all.
Speaker 4: I'd be thinking is same as Piggy just say, miss Piggy ones, you've got part of the voice, the Kermit part, but you've got to get the weirdly eastern European parts as well. I released criminals onto the streets because I am a Marxist anyway.
Speaker 5: So what he made reference to there was one of many fine lovely turned criminals loose California laws. If you're under twenty six, when you commit a heinous crime, you're eligible for youthful parole, also known as the Hey gang bangers and cartels, be sure to have your younger members do.
Speaker 2: The murders law. Oh good one. Yeah, anyway, so.
Speaker 5: These guys would be eligible for a youthful parole under California law immediately. The hearing on the matter could be held in thirty to forty five days. LA Superior Court judge will ultimately decide whether the brothers will be resent Well.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at ABC right now and they've got up there. They're talking to some of the family members and it says new hope for the Mennendez brothers. Well, that wording implies that they are somehow wrongly being held or it's a tragedy. Right, you wouldn't put new hope. I wouldn't word it that way unless I was pro them getting out.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'd say new hope for anybody who has new hope, whether they're guilty or not. But I despise George Giscon and everything he had he stands for. I think he and his philosophy are one of the greatest threats to the United States Neo Marxism.
Speaker 2: But what he said is correct.
Speaker 5: He said I'll never excuse murder, and these brutal, premeditated murders, they are appropriately sentenced. At the time when they were tried, they got life without the possibility of parole. I just think that given the current state of the law, and given our assessment of their behavior in prison, they deserve the opportunity to be reevaluated and perhaps reintegrated into the community. The way sexual abuse, sexual torture, etc. Of victims is considered in sentencing has changed a great deal in the last thirty years.
Speaker 2: So he's not wrong.
Speaker 5: Some of the changes in the law and practice you might agree with, you might disagree with, but he's not wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I'm fine with the direction it's gone there.
Speaker 4: But the question is whether they are actually abused like this or they made it up. Having researched it would appear to come up with a great horrific story to justify killing their parents so they could go driving around and convertible and go to the mall.
Speaker 5: With new found unearned riches. Yeah, and there's a great deal of evidence that, Yeah, their defense was entirely premeditated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is a heck of a thing as opposed to organic.
Speaker 5: Real On the other hand, I've got to admit I really don't feel like relitigating the entire case and all the evidence.
Speaker 2: I'll let the LA Superior Court handle it.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: It's getting a tremendous amount of attention though, so I think a lot of people are relitigating the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Premeditated is the wrong way to look at it, because you could be premeditated and still justified in my mind, of course. You know, in fact, it probably be a smart thing to do to plan it out rather than do it in a fit of rage where you might be unsuccessful or kill yourself.
Speaker 5: Or whatever, although that makes it murder and not defensible. Yeah, we're talking about I'm talking about the defense was premeditated. We were sexually abused, therefore we had to kill them. Was plotted out as opposed to being legit. That's what actually happened, which is akt of an interesting thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, how about this, Well I'll ask one question after this.
Speaker 5: A word from our friends at Prize Picks, America's number one daily fantasy sports app with over five million active members myself included. It's just you against the numbers on Prize Picks. All you do is pick more or less on at least two player stat projections up to six and watch the winnings that roll in.
Speaker 4: Got a whole bunch of different games of different sports coming up this weekend, and you can pick the more or less on a bunch of different things. If you get as little as four correct picks, you can now win up to one hundred times your money on Prize Picks. And because it's a very fast, safe, secure site, easy to use when your picks hit, you can get your money in as quick as fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: And Price Picks invented the flex play, which means you can still cash out even if your lineup isn't perfect. You can double your money even if one of your picks does not hit. It's fun, it's easy. It's fantasy sports without the year long involvement that becomes your job.
Speaker 2: Download the Prize Picks app today.
Speaker 5: Use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly when you play five dollars. That's the code Armstrong on Prize Picks to get fifty bucks instantly when you play five. You don't have to win to get the fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed either way. Prize Picks.
Speaker 4: Run your game, Hey, Hans, and listen to some of these family members on ABC that are talking right now from the Menendez family and see if what they have to say is interesting or not. I'm kind of curious as to how many of them want them to get out, and how many of them don't, and what their reasons are.
Speaker 5: Did you hear that a member of Minudo, that famous young boy music group, came forward and said, yeah, the old man sexually assaulted me too in the eighties.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Eh, that's interesting. I guess it would all come down to whether or not. Well, either way, if one of the Menendez brothers is moving into your neighborhood, are you concerned.
Speaker 2: Somewhat? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just because they've been in prison for decades, and you don't like sometimes small time criminals become big time criminals in prison.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be overly concerned. I don't think I would be.
Speaker 4: Rightly or only I don't think. I mean, seems like such a unique circumstance either way around. I don't know if I feel like they're, you know, acts wielding lunatics that are going to run the streets hurting me or my family. Yeah, it's interesting because I also don't think they ought to get out if they did it. The fundamental question here answers your question. Are they a couple of psychopaths who happened to be brothers who saw on opportunity to get lots of money and because they're psychopaths, they don't care about human life, which is what the prosecution.
Speaker 5: Successfully claimed. Or are they child sex abuse victims who and the worst act can ever imagine, Yeah, lost their minds and killed their parents. Whether it's justified or not under the law, you can understand it. If it's the first part, yeah, I'm concerned they're in my neighborhood. If it's the second thing, no, I'm not the least concerned.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, if it's the way, if it's what they describe happened, you would make anyone crazy, Yeah, anyone murderously crazy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's what the whole thing hinges on.
Speaker 4: Just overall, this phenomenon of of NPR radio shows or Netflix specials or whatever, digging up old crimes and you know, trying to push them one direction or another, is all about the podcasts man. It's yeah, the various podcasts. It's a hot thing right now, no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, all.
Speaker 5: Right, there's a new But we gotta work in a murdered ours. That's that's the only thing we don't have. Michael kills somebody would you only we'll hunch you down and bring it adjustice only murders in the radio station. We'll get it going.
Speaker 4: There's a new poll out half of Americans think Trump's a fascist. So okay, made me tired just saying it.
Speaker 5: If you missed last hour, we did a with all Do Modusty, great feature on how the Republican gets called a fascist or a Nazi or Hitler every single election.
Speaker 2: For like more than the past half century.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always it's something that is bored Romney Paul monsters like that of Paul Ryan, monstrous fascist. So please, it's hilarious when you look back on it. Yeah, that was our two. You could get it in podcast Warm Armstrong and Getty on demand. Before we get to important news, Katie Green, Katie, Katie the news Lady, Katie Green the news Machine is about to have her first pumpkin spiced anything of the fall season.
Speaker 2: And what is it?
Speaker 6: Uh, it is pumpkin spice creamer in my coffee.
Speaker 2: There you go, I'll fall like, Oh, that's so good.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's so good.
Speaker 2: Who did I hear the other day? It's a flavor bolly.
Speaker 4: It was in honor of former producer Sean somebody smart who I respect used the phrase the other day. Chemicals designed to trick your brain into believing it is a flavor that reminds you of the season, which kind of takes the fun out of it, because that's what it is. There's no pumpkin or anything in anything.
Speaker 2: Mostly don't kill this for me.
Speaker 6: I'm not listening to you.
Speaker 2: That's what he does, Kate.
Speaker 6: I'm here to put a stop to it.
Speaker 2: No, jack down.
Speaker 4: You can't have pumpkin stuff obviously that has pumpkin in it, But a lot of your pumpkin stuff has there's a pumpkin hasn't come within a mile.
Speaker 5: He roams across the countryside at night like the headless horseman, seeking out joy, and wherever he finds it, he extinguishes it.
Speaker 2: That's true, is science talk.
Speaker 6: I don't care if a pumpkin hasn't come near this dreamer. It tastes like pumpkin spice, and I'm happy with it.
Speaker 4: That that's true what Joe said about trying to stop other people's joy.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 4: Also, I am really trying hard to not have my body fall prey to chemicals designed in a corporation to trick my brain into making me want to eat more of it.
Speaker 2: Big food is evil. What's that?
Speaker 4: Do you mean more fast food than it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, buddy, I know.
Speaker 2: That's why I need to fight it harder.
Speaker 4: Uh But well, like chips and stuff like that, anything like that, where it's just I don't know. I should find the sixty minute segment from years ago and and then link it because it's so damned interesting. They figured out how to make it have a burst of flavor that your brain reacts to more than any other flavor because of evolutionary reasons and then make the flavor go away instantly so you get the burst, and then it instantly goes away so that you crave more of it. You're completely I'm completely being manipulated by these things and it's so bad for me.
Speaker 5: So a bang bang at KFC, then Domino's. Yes, a bag of chips.
Speaker 6: Now Joe and my brains are hanging out together because that was the exactly where I was going to go. I need to not do all of those. Five yeah, I five. Well, Jack, this has been fun. Thank you for killing my life and dreams.
Speaker 2: This has been fun.
Speaker 4: So I actually had Katie confirm this because I saw it yesterday and I never got around to confirming whether it was true or not. The La Times declines to endorse Kamala Harris, okay, right about this man, and so the interesting thing is now the editorial chief has quit over that it's true, because I thought that might be one of those things where it's not true and they're jerking around. You have to confirm everything you see now, absolutely everything you see.
Speaker 2: But it is true.
Speaker 4: And there's an article in the New York Times today because this woman used to work at the New York Times and went back to her friends and say, here's what went down. The owner wouldn't allow them to endorse.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to endorse anyone. It wasn't like a pro Trump.
Speaker 5: But he wanted like a side by side pro and con of each one's service and stances policies.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the owner went to the editorial board and said, I want you to draft a factual analysis of all the positive and negative policies of each candidate during their tenures at the White House and how these policies affected the nation, Which sounds like a fantastic thing to do if you could even try to do it in kind of a non partisan way. And with this clear and non partisan information side by side, our readers could decide who they think is worthy to be president for the next four years. Instead of adopting this path as suggested, the editorial board chose to remain silent. And I accept their decision. So I guess because they didn't want to present any positive stuff for Trump or something, or it was too much work. I don't know why they refused to play along with the owner.
Speaker 5: I loved the owner's idea, but the editorial director gals. What she wanted to do is the more traditional thing newspapers. Uh, And she couldn't accept that dictate from the owners, so she quit.
Speaker 2: That's fine, everybody's happy, go work somewhere else. Well.
Speaker 4: She also said that these are very dangerous times and we can't be doing this.
Speaker 8: So she clearly hitler, Let's do a poll free, Paul, no tax on tips, no tax on overtime, no tax on social Security benefits.
Speaker 2: Mas, listen to that proud that's in Vegas.
Speaker 4: So he said that there's a hoping to win Nevada, which I guess looks pretty good in the private polling for the Republicans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of that stuff could never happen.
Speaker 5: But to you in real life, I have never run into anyone that I recall who's in favor of taxing social Security benefits. The reaction to that very concept is unanimous.
Speaker 2: It makes no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, you take this money from me, whether I like it or not, and my money that I'm supposed to be having old and allegedly you're gonna give it back to me at some point so I don't starve when I'm retired. But you're not gonna get any decent returns on it like I could, and then you're gonna give it to me and tax me on it like it's income.
Speaker 2: Explain that to me.
Speaker 5: Please not to mention the paperwork involved, you know what? Or why don't you just take out the amount you're gonna tax or whatever. It's just it is such a fuster clock. Pardon me, it's frustrating anyway. Democracy doesn't work. Monarchy Now, I thought this was a really good insight. Bjorn Lomberg happened to write a piece that I came across. But and this is somehow kind of passed by me. One typically divisive topic has gone pretty much unmentioned in the last couple of months of the campaign, and that's climate change.
Speaker 2: Why you're wrong.
Speaker 4: The UN is out just in the last few minutes saying the world is now in a climate crunch time. Greenhouse gases have hit unprecedented levels now in climate crunch time.
Speaker 5: The video appeals come from the front office, right, the coaches can't ask for an appeal during climate crunch time?
Speaker 2: Or how does that work? What does that mean? UN needs to shut up? Anyway.
Speaker 5: The fact that Trump isn't on it is no surprise to anybody. But the old Kamala isn't even mentioning it is notable and it's revealing, well, is it.
Speaker 4: Because it doesn't motivate people. They've just determined that doesn't really get people to the polls.
Speaker 2: I think that's it.
Speaker 5: And it's the classic example of the topic that's the cause celeb among the elite media and university types and the loud lefties, but nobody really cares about it.
Speaker 2: I mean in terms of the bulk of the electorate.
Speaker 4: No, it's but they always jam it into a debate or a town hall. It's always got to include climate change, even though nobody freaking cares.
Speaker 5: Yes, So Kamala's mentioned climate just once. She mentioned it just once in her acceptance speech, and it really didn't come up in.
Speaker 4: Her debate with Trump. She used her time to champion domestic gas production.
Speaker 5: Make it quote very clear she won't ban fracking, although that is utterly dishonest, as the editorial board of The Wall Street Journal makes clear. She touts her support of the Inflation Reduction Act, the bizarrely hilariously named Inflation Reduction Act, as proof that she supports fracking. Of course, that was one of the greatest squanderings of money. Well, it's probably the greatest squandering of money in the history of humanity. It's almost entirely a Green New Deal Act had nothing to do with reducing inflation. And the only reason some expansion of fracking was in there is because Joe Manchin said he wouldn't vote for it unless it was in there. And then the Biden administration found a way to cheat their way around that, so they didn't really give any more fracking leases out above the bear bear bear minimum of the letter of the law, so they could get their money squandering windmill farms going so oh, and that reminds me there was I wanted to scroll down to some statistics poll results. Pardon me, I know your poll and you want to vomit. But the number of people is that I'm sorry, I've got too much information in front of me. I'm sorry, Jack, say something clever and all. Compare with those statistics, which I promise will knock yourself.
Speaker 2: Oh there it is only forty seven.
Speaker 5: Percent of voters said they would support spending one dollar more each month to fight climate chair.
Speaker 2: And oh that's not good enough, isn't Greta? They've still in our childhood. Greta, you have stolen my dreams. Thank your childhood.
Speaker 7: You have stolen my dreams.
Speaker 5: I know you're a passionate teenager. I agree, talking him in his empty words. One efing dollar a month only forty seven percent. A new Yugov survey and they do good work, showed that less than a quarter of the electorate supports a quote rapid transition to renewables. You know, it's interesting, and even among Democrats it's only a third. They so they can only get about a half of the country to agree to give a dollar a month?
Speaker 2: Is that what you said? That is correct by climate change? But a little less than half.
Speaker 4: But your government is willing to sacrifice thousands and thousands and thousands of your own dollars in uh, you know, gas prices or products being more expensive, or forcing it into electric this or that. They don't have any problem with spending lots of your money that you are not willing to put toward climate change.
Speaker 5: Right and to that end, And I've got a feature at all prepared, but I'm not sure we have time for it. I'm just gonna hit you with the headlines that I have all lined up to talk about the utter deception, the fraud that is the green energy movement. And I'm for green energy, I'm for a clean environment. I'm for all this stuff. I just in the same way that I'm for having more money in the bank. But if a Nigerian prince emails me and tells me I've won the lottery and all I have to do is send them the tax money, yeah, I'm not for that. So I'm for the goal. I'm not for the freaking fraud anyway. You're my collection of headlines. Kamala Harris's electric school bus program granted four hundred thousand dollars to a Chinese manufacturer. Then it's top executive sent Biden Harris scores of campaign cash and that doesn't prove anything, but it's pretty damned suspicious. The bombing not like being bombed, but bombing like a movie bombs. Ev is bombing worse than ever after a Manhattan project's worth of taxpayer money. And they go into the statistic for who wants to actually wants evs in the US, in Germany, across Europe, and it's pathetic. The only reason anybody ever talks about this is the billions of dollars tossed down to the bonfire of bad taxpayer funded subsidies.
Speaker 4: Man, if Tesla didn't exist, there'd be nothing going with electric cars. And that one electric car, which barely makes a dent elon musk, is a pariah to the climate people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I just was going over some of Tesla's figures because their stock just went up. There's something like thirty three percent of the revenue came from a government subsidies. Of course this past quarter, I mean like a lot of it. Here's another headline for you. You love this one, Oh, you would have loved it, but at reset for some reason.
Speaker 2: Biden Harris administration.
Speaker 5: Pauses Oregon offshore wind program one month after championing championing, championing, that's one of the hardest words to say, I think in the English language, championing indubitably. Let me take a second hack at it if you will. I'm not the champion of this. Biden Harris administration pauses Oregon offshore wind program one month after touting it is a green energy success story. So they made a big deal about how this is a great victory for green energy. A month later they said, yeah, this is bleeding money and it doesn't ORG shut it down. Shut it down one flippant month later. I've got some big uh climate change green energy people in my orbit that.
Speaker 4: I run into and now and then, and they always tout various crap like this, and I never get into it, because what's the point. But all those wind farms and solar panels, they're hardly doing squawked, certainly in California, we have so many of them. We have to buy energy from other states to keep our lights on.
Speaker 5: And I was accosted the other day in not a bad way by an engineer who was talking about the environmental costs of evs and how in the automotive business, for gas powered cars, you've got to do this big environmental impact report on every model that does everything. That includes everything from the extraction of the materials to make it, and the rubber for the tires, and the gas that's burning in the oil and absolutely everything. But for evs, the only thing the government looks at is on the road. It's exhaust, that's it, right. No, well, wait a minute, what about the lithium, all the rare chemicals for the batteries.
Speaker 2: Now we don't need to hear about that. That's fine.
Speaker 5: It's a complete double standard for those cars from the federal government because they're siphoning trillions of dollars to their cronies.
Speaker 2: Here's my view of a wind power.
Speaker 9: You'd be doing wind, windmills, and if it does it, if it doesn't blow, you can forget about television for that night, Darling, I want to watch television. I'm sorry, the wind isn't blowing.
Speaker 2: I know a lot about wind, and.
Speaker 4: That was mocked a lot when he was I know a lot about wind. That's hilarious, but he was mocked for that, of course by the mainstream media. That feels like everybody agrees with them. Way more people be like eighty twenty agree with Trump on that.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, As it turns out, yeah, only a third of Democrats want a rapid transition to quote unquote green energy. My final note on this topic. Dressed in a sequin laced sleeveless top and puffy pink skirt, drag queen Pattigonia strides around the stage in white, high heeled boots that come up to the knees, telling the crowd that nature must be a woman, and goes into some sort of alleged comedy routine. The headline New York climate doom sayers hope to lip sync the planet to safety with an environmental drag show.
Speaker 2: It's just happened in New York. That's a way to get everybody on board.
Speaker 5: In its second year at New York Climate Week, Save Her Environmental Drag Show has become a popular attraction during the event that includes hundreds of panels activities.
Speaker 4: There's way too much in all of persuading, not even politics of preaching to the choir whoever originally came up with that saying it's hundreds of years old, Yeah, it probably is, you know, I'm sure there are versions of it that are thousands of years old. There's way too much in the persuasion business of that. I mean, because if your crowd is people that want to come to a drag show, yeah, I think the likelihood that they're on board with your environmental stuff is quite a bit higher. How are you going to reach people like my brothers who have no freaking interest whatsoever in climate change and ain't with a drag show?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you that, or the fifty three percent of Americans, so if it costs them a dollar five a month or not down with your plans.
Speaker 2: That reminds me.
Speaker 5: There's a great new piece written by and I'm not sure how to say his first name. It's ore Uy is it Roy or ruy Tashera and Yuvale Levin for the American Enterprise Institute.
Speaker 2: It's talking about.
Speaker 5: The title of its politics without winners, can either party build a majority coalition?
Speaker 2: And the point of their.
Speaker 5: Peace is that if either party could just be normal, could not well let me, I'll put it to you the opposite way. The only thing stopping the parties transforming themselves from minority to majority parties is themselves. They have quote prioritized the wishes of their most intensely devoted voters who would never vote for the other party over the priorities of winnable voters who could go either way.
Speaker 2: But that's a response to our primary.
Speaker 4: System, right and the way we raise money too, where you motivate the small donors.
Speaker 2: On Twitter or whatever. Yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 4: I don't know how we can fight our way out of this situation. There was an attack on free speech was pretty rough the other day. A couple of them won in Great Britain and one of the United States. That has me somewhat concerned. Among other things we can talk about stay.
Speaker 2: Here, armstrong. Oh this is going viral.
Speaker 3: Orchestra in Sweden has added an unusual member to their group.
Speaker 4: The world's first joint performance by a symphony orchestra and a robot playing cello has taken place in Sweden.
Speaker 2: Imagine how nerdy you have to be to invent a robots that plays the cello.
Speaker 3: Look who has first seat now, Francis?
Speaker 2: So have you anybody seen this? Does it?
Speaker 4: A robot that actually like has arms and is drawing a bow across the strings of a cello?
Speaker 2: Is that what's happening there? Does it have arms or some sort of belt.
Speaker 4: Or do you know?
Speaker 2: Michael, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: No, okay, but I was thinking, I'm constantly concerned that when AI can do art as well or better than humans, if it'll what that will do? But player pianosis existed for over a century and they play really, really well, and it didn't like end humans playing the piano.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks like one of those auto assembly line robots, but one of the big silvery arms is holding a bow.
Speaker 6: Yeah it's not like a humanoid robot.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: It doesn't look like a human. No, it's not wearing a tuxedo lack of respect. But I'm sure they could make I'm sure they could a rat. They could make it look like a human if they wanted to. It's like the robot dogs. Don't have to have a you know, a schnaz like a dog, but they do that to make it look more like a dog. Right, But I don't think they would have an effect on music, like my player piano. Analogy is right, isn't it. I mean, because I've my uncle had a player piano. It was really really cool. But it's like it didn't make it any less amazing to hear a person play the piano.
Speaker 2: No, No, I guess not.
Speaker 4: I am recently very amazed at the number of smart people who think we've got a free speech problem in this country and that they and their friends are capable of determining which free speech should be allowed and which free speech shouldn't.
Speaker 5: Those quote unquote smart people are some of the most dangerous people in America.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got one right here. Her name is, her last name is Frank, I don't remember what it is. Doesn't make any difference. She is a law professor and one of your Ivy League schools, was at a Harvard get together the other day where they were all concerned about too much free speech in this country and how the First Amendment is, you know, past its prime, what with social media and the internet now. Because she was at some conference for media studies, the Berkman Klein Center for Media something or other at Harvard. Here's a quote from this law professor, who I'm sure has got a higher IQ than me. The US was built on racial patriarchy. If you want to describe what the First Amendment is, It's not about consistent or noble principles.
Speaker 2: It's about power.
Speaker 4: It's about converging with that idea of racial patriarchy. And if you are disturbing it.
Speaker 2: That is a dangerous and evil person right there. And Charles C. W.
Speaker 4: Cook was where I came across this, and he's a big guy, stands up for free speech with the National Review. But he said, the most alarming thing about this is she really he does sincerely believe it. I've heard her make this case at length in person, so he's heard her lecture about it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, these people have fully fleshed out arguments that are incredibly dangerous.
Speaker 4: The hang up I usually have, I feel like where I don't think they have. The answer is, you won't always be in power, you realize, So when Trump wins or whoever you don't like wins, they're going to get to choose the crew that rules on free speech. Doesn't that worry is them?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would never go to that argument because.
Speaker 5: I won't give up on the first one, which is that freedom of speech is the most precious and necessary liberty in a functioning society. And I don't care what rationale is for it or against it. You will get it when you pry it out of my cold dead hands.
Speaker 4: But it seems like a pretty good argument that one of the reasons you have to have free speech is you can't put anybody in charge of it's free and what's not.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you're absolutely correct.
Speaker 5: It's just like saying, no, honey, we can't kill the neighbor because we might go to jail. Don't give me the practical argument. The moral one is just fine.
Speaker 4: You on moral grounds don't think you should kill the neighbor at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with that woman that tar and feathers wouldn't cure. This is a metaphor, of course, not literally of course,