Speaker 1: Second date of date. I think there's a time in everyone's life. Usually it's somewhere in your twenties where you're having a good time, your care free, the possibilities are endless, yes, and then all of a sudden it happens your best friend gets engaged and you're like, oh, wait a second, the party's about to be over. Yeah, oh crap, I gotta find somebody. It's like dating musical chairs now, and if you don't move quickly, you're going to be left with just a spot on the floor, yourself anxiety saying you gotta move fast. And that's kind of where one of our listeners, Mary Anne, found herself a few months back, and she said it changed the way that she thought about dating. So, Mary Anne, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it's in her name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mary, Yeah, Marianne. Tell us about your dating life. What's going on?
Speaker 3: You know, it's been fine and normal and good. I've been trying though, to meet a guy for a while.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, So, and your requirements are different now is kind of what Jeff is alluding to.
Speaker 2: You're looking for something.
Speaker 3: More, yeah, yeah, I'm looking for my soulmate now, no pressure, Yeah, I mean it was like, gosh, I guess this phase of life is here. It's like made this alarm go off inside me, you know, like what have I been doing?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Just turn around and I can't be single by myself when everybody else is getting married.
Speaker 2: Don't feel peer pressure shining your soulmate.
Speaker 1: But I found pure is a good thing always, So it is okay. How have you tried to pursue a soulmate?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: What strategy are you using?
Speaker 3: Most recently, I did speed dating.
Speaker 2: Old school in person, like at a bar or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well so this one was interesting because it was lego speed dating.
Speaker 1: Actually what does that mean?
Speaker 3: What you do is you meet and there's like place with a bunch of tables and then there are lego pieces on each table and they start that timer and you sit down and then the person across from you, you guys are talking, but you create something from the lego while you are talking.
Speaker 4: You don't have to have like uncomfortable eye contacts, Like there's something else to do.
Speaker 3: Like a big fidget table.
Speaker 1: Distracted, I'd be like I made an airplane. But it sounds like you're supposed to build something together, Like it's like you're teaming up to write something that. Okay, that's cool. It's like a metaphor for your relationship.
Speaker 4: Right, also kind of an any window there. How the pieces fit together.
Speaker 1: I don't know if everybody would think that way Brook, but it's good to know. How you see speak, how many people are fighting like no, we need this piece that goes there.
Speaker 2: Well, then you know you're not a good match.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So how did it go with the lego building?
Speaker 3: I thought it went fantastically?
Speaker 2: Did you meet someone?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: When I sat down across from Steeve, Steve, we decided that we would build Harry Potter's wand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awesome. It was just like one giant stack of legs, like oh, okay, and wands come in many shapes and sizes of all kinds of wands. It's not just one long stick.
Speaker 4: So basically he's like a dorky Harry potterhead like you are, which is also another common interest.
Speaker 2: It sounds like one.
Speaker 3: We were like, oh, we totally speak the same language. We have the same interests here. It was going better than I ever could have hoped, and then I was like, okay, we have thirty seconds left. They let you know when your time is revving. And I was like, what spell should we cast? That's totally just being ridiculous, and well, I'm going to cast a love spell on you to put your number in my phone so we can go on a real tape.
Speaker 2: That rot.
Speaker 4: So they sat down to a big pile of brown legos.
Speaker 2: It sounds like.
Speaker 3: It was smart and clever and cute, right, and it was like playing along and and so we did. A week later, we went out and we just went to a ping pong bar and gooped around and played ping pong and drank and kissed and it was his Oh well back up, I mean literally it was perfect. I felt like I had this strong connection with him and we were we're talking about the future and our dreams in mind.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what happens when you get a love spell cast on it.
Speaker 4: Maybe the spell were off, That's why I call dude, that's crazy. Though. It's like you put out into the universe that you wanted to meet your soulmate, and it felt like this universe was kind of delivery.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like, I mean, here's the deal. I've been on a lot of dates, okay, and I have met a wide variety of people, But I honestly feel like Steve might be my soulmate.
Speaker 1: Whoa wow, after one date and like a building that's true. They warn you about that when you build legos together.
Speaker 2: Why would he not be calling you back?
Speaker 3: I have no idea. It just felt like everything clicks so well, and we were laughing and the chemistry was good, and I'm not really sure what happened.
Speaker 4: There's no red flags at all, but that's kind of a red flag in itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's usually that might be what it is. In fact, if I was doing speed dating with the legos, I would build a red flag.
Speaker 2: That's actually just to let them know.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Date at your own risks. But we're going to call Steve here and we're going to ask him if he sees you two his soulmates the same way that you guys do. Can we say that for like the second question? Maybe we'll last how we doing today, and then we'll ask if he's the.
Speaker 2: Red flag of our Yeah, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna do it with their second d next Brook, do you remember the exact moment you first fell in love with your husband?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: B gosh, I remember the first time I saw him for sure.
Speaker 1: But we just fell in love.
Speaker 2: I mean, it takes time, and I don't think it happens in one.
Speaker 4: My husband can tell you the exact moment he knew.
Speaker 2: That he loved me.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were on top of a volcano. What true story, true story.
Speaker 4: And we were very well prepared. We had just got and thought we were going hiking and oh my god, goodness.
Speaker 1: Okay, he was having a heat stroke. He wasn't fall in with you.
Speaker 2: It was very cold.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm just saying that special moment looks different for everyone. And for mary Anne, our listener, at moment happened when her speed date Steve picked up some legos and built her a Harry Potter wand and cast a love spell. That's really cute, But after they went out to a bar, love spell seems to have worn off a little bit, so we're going to try and reactivate it here with a second date update.
Speaker 2: How long ago was it that you saw him, Steve.
Speaker 3: It's been a week since I've heard of him from.
Speaker 2: And just nothing. He hasn't texted you back at all.
Speaker 3: No, he just disappeared.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't have happened if your date was on a volcano.
Speaker 2: Maybe he was actually Cinderella, he turned into a pumpkin.
Speaker 1: Oh, Harry Potter, he has the invisibility cloak.
Speaker 2: On is there a lost shoe involved?
Speaker 1: All this talk of magic and eruptions and volcanoes. We gott to just call Steve before it gets too steamy in here? Are you ready? Mary Anne?
Speaker 7: I am all right.
Speaker 1: Let's do this. I'm down this number right now.
Speaker 5: Hey, Hello, Hey, is it Steve Yes speaks?
Speaker 1: Hey Steve, it's your lucky day. You're on the radio right now with Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Hey, I see Okay, okay, okay, all right, you got a second right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 1: We're calling because we got your number from one of our listeners named Mary Anne.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: She's a woman that you met at speed dating and went out with once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, ok okay, So she asked you to call me yea yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you surprised by that?
Speaker 5: Uh? No, I guess I'm not surprised by that. I'm surprised it's happening. I'm not surprised that she would do that. I guess.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have to sound nervous. It's supposed to be a good thing. It means that she had a really good time with you.
Speaker 2: It had a great time with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gathered that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did.
Speaker 2: Well, that's good. Did you have a good time?
Speaker 5: Honestly I did. She was very fun to talk to. It just started getting a little weird towards the end.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're in your words like super carefully.
Speaker 5: Well, well I don't, I don't, Just like it's just a little too unusual for for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, ual, is this before or after you kissed her? Because we heard there was kissing involved at the bar?
Speaker 5: I would say it definitely got the weirdness bike after that.
Speaker 2: Why is this something? She said?
Speaker 5: What? So she was pretty openly talking about the idea of soulmate.
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Was that too much she said that to you? Yeah, but she was just.
Speaker 4: Talking about it as like a big idea, right, like not your my soulmate.
Speaker 5: She opened it like that, and then she was like, you know, I think you might be one of my homemates.
Speaker 1: Whoa wait and then one of is there only one soulmate?
Speaker 2: No, you can have more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the point. It's not soul mates, it's soul.
Speaker 5: Mate, and that's that's exactly what I said, and she was like, William, everyone has three soulmates.
Speaker 2: Three.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, Brooke, this is good news for you and your marriage.
Speaker 2: No, I can see that though. It's like your best friend, your sister.
Speaker 1: No, you want to bring your sister.
Speaker 4: It isn't a sexual thing solely, is just someone who you're like connected with in this beyond any other relationship type of way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean that's that's kind of how we are understanding it. But Steve, how were you understanding what mary Anne was telling you?
Speaker 5: Oh? I mean what you guys are talking about sounds great, that sounds very reasonable. That is not what I was presented with to her. It's like a thing where you have a past soulmate, a present soulmate, and a future soulmate, and these are all romantic.
Speaker 1: You have three.
Speaker 2: God, you got to find three of them in your life that you walk you want to make.
Speaker 1: It out with friend. But I don't get it.
Speaker 5: Just a little too absurd to me, this idea of like boy friends of past, present and future.
Speaker 7: I have something to say, Hey, Steve, Sorry, that that's mary An.
Speaker 1: She's been listening on the other line and clearly wants to talk to you. Usually they wait till well past.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, were you going to tell me that?
Speaker 1: I think I just did?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, yes, Hi mary.
Speaker 1: Anne, marian had something to say.
Speaker 6: Hi, Hi Steeve.
Speaker 3: You sounds really confused, And I feel like maybe I.
Speaker 6: Just didn't do a very good job of explaining it, you know, because it's like this for everyone.
Speaker 3: It's just the rule of the universe.
Speaker 6: Right, So you have three soulmates?
Speaker 3: Do you have a past soulmate and a present tolmate and a future soulmate? Those was a three story fine in your life? Right?
Speaker 1: Which soulmate? In which soulmate is? Steve?
Speaker 2: What numbers?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 6: So he I'm pretty sure is my presence soulmate?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: My my past my high school boyfriend that was my past soulmate.
Speaker 6: Steve I really think has a possibility to be my present soul mat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that kind of indicates to him that he's to get dumped for another dude along the road.
Speaker 1: It's better to have a you know, a small part of Marianne than none at all.
Speaker 6: I would agree with that, sure, but look like it's not me, Like I'm not making this up, right, This is like the law of the universe.
Speaker 1: Okay, Steve, how does that make you feel thinking that you could possibly be her present soulmate?
Speaker 5: Well, if I if I'm the present soulmate and then suddenly there's a future soulmate, then with that future soulmate, then that's your present soulmate, and then I'm your past soulmate. So the whole system falls apart really fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should be on a numbering system. Agree, two, three?
Speaker 1: Okay, you'd rather just not click that deep and just like.
Speaker 6: A date, Like I've already had my first soulmate, I can't have another person, and I'm fairly important, Like it really feels like you will be the second. And then if you're lucky, right, like, if everything goes well, then I wouldn't even find my future soulmate until after you are death.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow, wow, Okay, let's let's get online. That indeed the most romantic sentence that's ever been up about this show.
Speaker 3: I mean, wouldn't you want me to find somebody after you die?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? We're not even together yet. What are you talking about meeting someone after I die?
Speaker 1: That's a good point. You aren't together yet until we send you out and will pay for you, guys to make it official as present soulmates to each other. We'll pay for it. Maybe soulmate is a little bit strong here. We'll send you out on another date and then you can figure out if the soulmate thing is real or no date. I like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, given that you did have a good time with her. She's got some kooky ideas, but she likes you.
Speaker 2: You guys had a great time.
Speaker 3: No, it is not cookie.
Speaker 6: It is the rule of three soulmates.
Speaker 3: Everybody follows this.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well did that convince you to go out with her this time? Steve?
Speaker 5: No, I'm sorry. I don't want to find out what other rules of life there are that I.
Speaker 4: Didn't know about.
Speaker 2: I will say it does explain the divorce, right.
Speaker 1: People are just going to their future soulmates. That's what's happening. Wait a second, wait, Steve, since you said no to the date, does that now make Marianne your past soulmate or so that means you only have two more to go till you find your forever lady?
Speaker 2: And does it mean that Marianne only gets.
Speaker 1: One may or maybe?
Speaker 7: As she said, Yeah, Well when you started talking about this, you know, more and more information sort of came to me and the energy was just not what I thought it was, and.
Speaker 3: I just canceled you in my mind, so.
Speaker 1: Unsubscribed from the soulmates.
Speaker 2: This kind of like these universe rules.
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny that girl mentioned that she had a past, present, and future soulmate somewhere in the world.
Speaker 2: I got the funny in it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, sure, it's just funny because I remember when we did a live broadcast from Vegas and I walked into one of the hotel rooms and I met all three of Jose's soulmates. I remember that was that their name? Remember their names?
Speaker 2: I yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it just goes to show that everybody's got a little bit of a different take on what love means, and what love.
Speaker 4: Is and how much you have to pay love exactly three for one deal on the stripe.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you know, your soul it might be different than your forever person, who might be different than the one who might be different than the love of your life. Oh man, I haven't met any of them.
Speaker 2: It's not the same.
Speaker 1: Love is hard, and we're here to help you with that hard love. I don't think we should go with that.
Speaker 5: I do know.
Speaker 1: That going to be the talent duting can be difficult, and if you want to get a little help, email the show. We'll call the person who wasn't calling you back. You can check out all the Second Day podcasts up online at Brooknjeffrey dot com
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning