Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the Therapy Gecko podcast. I am alive, and I am here. And if you are conscious enough to uh be listening to this right now, that means you're alive, unless if you I wonder if anyone's ever like been listening to the podcast and then it auto plays a new episode, but they died while they were listening to it, And and this is this is just being my voice is being broadcasted into an empty room with a dead person in it who died. That's a dark thought, but it's not. I'm I don't. I'm not. I don't feel connected to the darkness in it in this moment. I'm just exploring it as an idea. Okay, I'm on a lot of stimulants. I took some vibance, which is great. I think I needed it. Do not recommend, don't don't. Don't get it from the street, don't get it from the silk road. But if there's like a a dude who with a who went to school to do stuff, and he tells you that you can have it, then it's great. And I also have a little bit of celsius. Celsius is over the counter. You do not need a doctor to obscribe you Celsius, although it should be Celsius. Celsius should absolutely be. I love Celsius, I endorse it, Celsius. If you're listening, I will gladly chill you. I'll do it for free. Celsius should be a Schedule two drug. What is marijuana? Marijuana is like Schedule one? Right, I'm gonna look this up. Hold on, I'm gonna look this up. This is going in the intro of the podcast. Schedule one drugs. What are the Schedule one drugs? Okay, heroin, marijuana? Why are heroin and marijuana on the same fucking thing. What are the schedule two drugs? Okay? Schedule one drugs are heroin, marijuana, cocaine, LSD, ecstasy, psilocybin. That's weird that those are all in the same schedule. What's the Schedule two drug What does the schedules even mean? Okay, Schedule two is meth oxycotton, fentanyl. What's going on? Do I dare even figure out what's going on on Schedule three? Schedule three? Okay, these are drugs with moderate to low potential for abuse and addiction. Wait a minute, okay, so if so, Schedule one is the most potential for addiction, and then schedule two and then it goes down as the number goes up. Wait, so what the fuck it? Fentanyl is a Schedule two drug and marijuana is schedule one. That's fascinating. Although I guess I'm such an idiot. I'm sitting over here being like, what, marijuana is addictive and I fucking smoke it every day? But yeah, celsius should be at least scheduled. I'm gonna celsius should be at least to schedule to substance. But it's great caffeine, it's nice, it gets you going. I have a friend he's a doctor, and I ask I. I text him once a week the same question. I have a friend who's a doctor, and once a week I text him the same question. Once a week, I text my friend who's a doctor. Is celsius bad for you? Is it bad for me to drink one every day? And once a week? He says, He says the same thing. He says, you asked me this last week, and the answer is it's probably fine, just don't overdo it. But that's the question, is doing it every day overdoing it? Don't get any medical don't get any advice of any kind from this podcast. This podcast is just this is a I am. I am a man navigating the universe through talking to people and drinking a lot of caffeine. And I am my own little guinea pig boy just fucking slamming Celsius and white Cheddar popcorn and frantically texting anyone who I think might be an authority as to whether or not that will kill me, while knowing deep in my gut that of course it will. But I actually feel good right now. I feel ready to talk to some people on the phone, So let's do that. Hello, Hi, what is your name? What is your name?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go buy Olivia?
Speaker 1: Olivia? What up, Olivia? How you doing today?
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I feel like I need your advice. I have like a crazy.
Speaker 3: Story for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll try. I'm I've been saying I feel like I've been saying this the whole time. I've been doing this. But I have very I have a narrow range of things I actually feel as though unqualified to advise over. But I'll whatever this is, I can at least commit to pondering it with you. It tell me what it is?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like it's like not like I need an expert opinion, it's definitely a pondering one because it's just so odd. Okay, I think Okay, I went to my friend's wedding this weekend, and I can explain the context of why I think it's him. I went to my friend's wedding this weekend. I left my wallet there. She took it home for me. I think her new husband took my credit my debit card information and tried to add it to his Apple wallet.
Speaker 1: What makes you think that?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Like, I'll tell you first that like everyone swore up and down, like she made sure my debit card got home safe. I thought a notification like basically like the next morning that someone added my debit card to their Apple wallet. I checked her location. She was taking her dogs for the daily walk, and it was like his first time being home alone with the card. And then like the context just is that like historically he's been like really weird about money. He apparently has two hundred K and credit card debt. Like I don't even know how you amass that number. There's like a gambling thing going on. There's like a prison history, and like even with her like like one time she had to stay home from work for a week to take care of his dog because his dog needed surgery, and so she wasn't able to make money that week, and so she was like, hey, could you know we usually split the chur like the bills fifty and this week, like I'm staying home to take care of your dog, could we split it like seventy five twenty five? And he was like absolutely not, Like that's not fair. I just feel like I don't know, the whole thing is just it's just been a lot. They got together after like nine months of dating, and I've just always gotten a weird vibe. And then finally like he's alone with my debit card and it gets added to like someone's Apple wallet, you know.
Speaker 1: Whoa Okay, so is so now are you kind of like I kind of want to be like, yo, hey did your boyfriend do this? But that opens up a can of worms of like how could you possibly accuse my boyfriend of doing this?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And it's like her literal husband now like they just got married, okay, like this is the groom?
Speaker 1: Is your Okay? So all this shit you were telling me about right, like your friend how ignorant? Is she in the sense of like if you said this to her, would she be like, how dare you accuse my husband? Or which? Or on a scale of how dare you accuse my husband to Yeah, that kind of sounds like some shit he would do. Where where's she at?
Speaker 2: I feel like she's a five. That's a great question. I feel like we're out of five?
Speaker 1: Where are you really out of five?
Speaker 2: Because I even told her like leading up to this, like, hey, like I think you should consider getting a prenup, like he like they moved.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they didn't get up. She didn't get a prenup.
Speaker 2: No, she didn't get a prenup. And let me tell you something like she inherited some like her house from her grandmother, Like she lives in her grandmother's house. He moved in with her a month after they started dating. Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: By we're getting into territory that I don't know about. But my understanding of a pre my understanding of how marriage works is that, like I actually I'm curious about this because I don't I don't I understand or how marriage works is that like whatever assets you have before you get married, you keep whether or not you have a preno. But I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 2: I think that's like that is what the prenup like creates. Like I thought, like once you're married, everything's weard. But if you get a prenup, it states like no, like anything that I made before we got married is mine?
Speaker 1: Can you inherit? I think that's the point of like, like if they get divorced, do you can you can inherit debts not not not not not inherent like you can so like if so like like if she gets divorced, does is he like all right in the divorce you can have one hundred thousand dollars of my debt?
Speaker 2: I like don't know because I'm like twenty five, but like so is she?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: But like my understanding too is like like a prenup can protect you from like medical debt or something like like and I was I said to her, like, girl, what if you got cancer all of a sudden and then you passed away and then like he inherited, we need to divorce a in the comments please, I'm not going to read the comments, I promise, But like I don't know, and so I did I did what I did do was I did call her and I was like, hey, like my bank contacted me and said someone added my debit card to their Apple wallet, and you know, like I'm I and they asked me to explain why because they want to contact law enforcement about this, and like, you know, did you see anything weird around my card? She was like no, it was exactly where you had left it, blah blah blah, like we had, you know, like gotten ready in the same place. And so I was like, okay, like they said, it happened at seven to fifty in the morning, and she was like, oh, well, your card was alone with I'll just say Bob like your no, like it was it was just Bob at the house with your debit card. And she slowed down for a second, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Wait this Okay, So there's like mounting like like evidence she was out on the walk with the dog at the time that the card was suspiciously added to Apple pey correct, and she's a five on the scale of how dare you too? Sounds like some shit he would do. Yeah, did you bring up did you say you did you did you say to this did you say to your friend like yo, he probably did this.
Speaker 2: No, So like I'm like, like the route that I kind of take with stuff like this is like, oh, like I would never want like any one of my friends to feel like they couldn't come to me about something, God forbid they were in like an unsafe scenario, and like none of my money ended up getting taken because I blocked the transaction. So I just played stupid and I said to her like, oh, then it must someone must have written down my credit card information at a restaurant and like just added it. At that same time, like I gave her this, I was like, I'll just tell my bank that someone wrote down my debit card information and added it to their Apple. While at that time, like I'll just make up some story. I was like, oh, well, I know he wouldn't do it, so I'll just say this even though I think you would.
Speaker 1: Do it, Yeah, well you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know it that well.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well here's the thing is, well, I guess the question is okay, well, okay, so you asked me if I had advice, and I guess the thing is like, well, well, what are you supposed to do? Right, because like, well I'm trying to like, what's the maybe, like, Okay, I'm trying to like, what's like the problem here in the sense of, like, all right, look you yeah you canceled the card, right, yeah, so you're getting into you're getting a new card shift, yes, okay, so that so you're taking care of on that front. So that's not the problem. The problem is the I'm trying to like, Okay, the root problem is that your friend is dating this guy who uh is is clear you know, does shit like this?
Speaker 2: And you're concerned for your friend, yes, and even more so, like she's now married to him, and we're like in the annulment period and I'm like he just did the crazy like and like so like I feel like I have this like like do I might have a very critical piece of information that she might want to know?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But I also feel like I don't know, like I don't have evidence of it though, and I wouldn't want to, like, while she's just married this man who could be totally fine and maybe a changed guy since is past and everything, Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: How well do you like, Okay, this friend? How long are you guys been friends for?
Speaker 2: We've been friends for like three years, but we talk on the phone very regularly, and I'd say, we're like quite close, and.
Speaker 1: She what's her deal with? What's the deal with her in the sky? That they started they dated for like nine months, so then got married.
Speaker 2: They dated for nine months, got engaged, and then a year later they got married. But like he gave her a promise ring like two months in they got a dog together, like a month into dating.
Speaker 1: Well here's the thing, look the end. She also, yeah, go ahead, I mean, yeah, go ahead, you go ahead.
Speaker 2: A month before she started dating, she had like years prior, like hooked up with him once. And she said to me, right before she started dating him, like she knew she was going to see in that summer, she was like, you have to promise me you won't let me date him, Like he's bad news. You have to promise me, she told you.
Speaker 1: Wait, so she herself said, he's bad news. You have to promise me that you won't let me date him.
Speaker 2: Yes and so, And part of that apparently was because she thought he ghosted her or something. And so like a month later I get a call. I two months later, I talk to her on the phone because we're not like constantly texting. We're more like phone people. And she's like, oh yeah, he moved in with me and we got a dog together. And so I straight up said, like, is this not the guy who like you told me to not let you date? Like he is this like old prison cell number tattooed on him, you know what I mean? And like I also fully believe people can change, but then like I don't know, also just like the way he like treats her talks to sometimes, like I have to take a little bit of issue with.
Speaker 1: Well, this is like I mean, this is kind of like when you like this issue, like when you boil it down right, this is kind of a classic issue, Like it's this is like this is a very It's a classic case of like my friend is dating somebody who I know is like shitty for them, and yet we're both adults and there's nothing I can really do except be like yo, uh, well it's it's a tricky subject in general, right because like you know, like we've all we've all been we've all been in a situation where like we have a friend, Like we have a friend who's like dating somebody and we're like don't or like they they'll say something to them and be like, you don't fucking know about that. But like in your mind, you're like, well, we're both adults, Like what what am I gonna do? You know, I can't not you. You kind of as an adult, you have your own you can decide to date, you know, whatever person you want to fucking date. Although it's it's it's it is nice to have. It is nice to have friends in people in your core, you know. I you know, actually, I'm rethinking actually a lot of the way that I think about a situation like this, because I think I think about it in like a hyper individualistic way, in like a nothing you can do way, and there is a truth, there's a lot there's a lot of truth to accepting that there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 3: But like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'm thinking about in my I'm thinking about in my life, both because I feel like I've been in a situation where like I've been like seeing someone y dating somebody, and my friend is like, yeah, I don't know about this person. And so I've also experienced the opposite where like my friend is seeing someone or dating someone and I'm like, yeah, I don't know about this person from the perspective me personally in my life, when I've been the friend of somebody dating someone where I'm like, I don't know about this person, I feel in my gut always like I wish so badly I could just go off, you know, I wish so bad, I wish so bad that I could just go off. But I also feel like I don't want to like disrespect you, like I don't want to I don't want to be like yo, this person is clearly a psychopath and is clearly like abusive to you and clearly like whatever, because you know, like I almost feel like I'm like, am I undermining my friend's intelligence or am I disrespecting their Yeah? Like I guess, like disrespecting their intelligence to make their own decisions. But I'll say this on the other side, where I've like been, you know before in my life seeing someone where my friends are like, you're talking to someone where my friends are like, yeah, I don't know about this person. I appreciate it, I like, because I have a deep love and respect for my friends and the people close to me in my life, and I I respect their opinions. I don't and I don't I don't take the opinions of them or the opinion of anyone as like the word the God, the Word of God and the Gospel as to how I should make my decisions in my life. But I personally, I appreciate it. That's just me. I appreciate I want to know my good friends' opinions. I want to know my good friend's opinions about my life decisions only because they're my friends. Are people who's like intelligence I I and I really respect. Yeah, not necessarily, I might. They might say something to me and I'd be like, yeahy, you're probably right, but I'm gonna go you know. I mean, it's a classic right, You're like, yeah, you're probably right, but I'm gonna just go do whatever the fuck I was gonna do anyway, you know, And that might happen. So so so that's my ponder to you. As I was, I was trying to think about the situation from like being on both sides of it. I don't have any advice, but that's my ponder.
Speaker 2: No, I've received the ponder. And also like the way you break it down too, Like it's helpful to be like, okay, like what is the core problem? Like, what is the main concern here? Yeah, that's the main you can tell I'm going in ten different directions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the main concern. Where like whether or not I mean like you got your you know, your your debit card's fine. This is mainly uh yeah, this is this is This all boils down to kind of a classic issue. There's also a thing though, I think here, okay, here's one thing though. Here, here is one thing, and I think, like we all and again I I this is something I feel like I've been on both sides of and people can kind of relate to. Is like all right, so like you know, like you're like dating okay, like from okay, from both sides, Like your friend constantly complains to you about their relationship at a and you kind of talk it through with them. At a certain point, you got to be like, yo, listen, you can't talk to me about this anymore because we've done We've done this eighty thousand times. And I don't know if your friend is complaining to you about her.
Speaker 3: Husband's she's not at all.
Speaker 1: Actually she's not at all. Okay, all right, So that's a different thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a little protective of him almost sure, which is why I give five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there's nothing you can It does all boil down to there's nothing you can fucking do you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah? True?
Speaker 2: And it's like, just like how much do I want to risk like the friendship in like expressing concern for her? Because I think there's an element of like I'm risking my friendship for her when I us if and when I express my concern because she might be offended that I to accuse her new husband of something like that. But I'm like, do I value our friendship more and like continuing to maintain this connection and just being there for her for like more of a safety concern or am I like more immediately concerned right now and think that this is the time I should say something.
Speaker 3: Mmm.
Speaker 2: But that's just the thing to ponder.
Speaker 1: I guess it is a thing to put I'm trying. I'm actually I'm genuinely trying to think about that because that's that's a tough situation right there.
Speaker 2: And I guess that one we look down to like how deep is this? How deep is this one with my debit card?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think look, I mean, look, if here's the thing, like if it helps you sleep better at night, to just be like, h Yo, look homegirl, you told me to tell you, I mean, I mean, fuck especially if this, especially if she told you to tell her not to she kind of get yo. She kind of gave you a pass a little bit. She kind of gave you a pass, and I think you can redeem it now. Yeah, like she gave you a little cul. She gave you a little you can talk shit about my boyfriend coupon to hold on to, and I think you can. Really, I think it's grandfathered into you can talk shit about my husbands, and I think you I think it low key sounds like she gave you a coupon you can redeem, and now you can redeem that coupon and be like, yo, remember when you told me to tell you not to date this guy? Okay, I kind of low Keith. I'm just gonna lay out I'm gonna lay out the evidence that I have that he might have done this because I have this information. I'm gonna lay out this information to you and and what you choose to do with this information is up to you. But these are my personal conclusions about this information. You can form your own, uh, I have I have put myself out on the table expressing concern as your friend. And that's it. I'm gonna go to sleep. But here you go, take take this. You know you don't want to be You can't be like fucking constantly, you know, pushing, but you can be like I'm gonna throw I'm let me, let me just let me just place this on the table, you know, just place this on the table.
Speaker 2: I like that approach. Yeah, I like that because then I could be like, hey, I like, I'm coming to you as your friend. I'm expressing concern for you. I hope this doesn't affect our friendship. I'm only saying this because I love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's a solid And by the way, honestly, here's the thing. If if your friend is like offended by that and it makes her not want to talk to you anymore, that's her thing. That's her like that. Here's like that could totally happen, and then like a year from now, they get divorced. He's stealing money from her. She comes back to you table between the legs and goes, hey, you're right. And then and then it's up to you whether or not you want to be like you know, bitch, I told you so, or that's all right, we all make mistakes, Like that's fine.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's a great point because at the end of the day, I'm like, OK, right, well, if my gut healing is right, then at the end of the day, there's reality where we come back together, you know what I mean? Or you do, Like I feel like you're describing the scenario I'm imagining now that you say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, yeah, because if you throw it out there, yeah, because if you throw it out there, yeah, Like I said, your friend might get super defensive and like retreat in that. That happens to people in like those kinds of relationships. But you know, if this person is truly your friend, uh, Like like if I had like yeah, like I like if I like if I had a homie who like I was telling that too, and they were like, you know, Jessica's amazing, She's never done anything bad. Whatever, And then like a year later, I don't talk to them and they come back and they're like, yeah, we you know, she does this ship. I'd be like, sorry, you know, come, what is the what did Jesus say? Jesus said something We're like, you can't go Was it Jesus who said you can't go too far without being able to come home? That's some religious thing, do you know what? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't I know what you're getting at. And I know that's like Jesus's vibe, like the woman at the well and everything, and like, yeah, the prodigal son. Yeah, like the prodigal Son. That was that's that was a teaching in church?
Speaker 1: Is that the way? Is that the story of the prodigal Son. I've never read the Bible in my life, and I'm not Christian. I've never read the Bible of my life, but I don't know. Lately I'm like, yo, should I read the fucking it is that the prodigal son? Hold on?
Speaker 2: So the prodigal son is like, there's this family, like one son goes off does his own thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, wait yes, oh sorry sorry sorry, Oh no, I just google it. No, this is the prodigal son. A young man squandered, a young man squanders his inheritance, experienced hardship. Basically, all right, this kid fucks up a bunch of shit and does a bunch of stupid ship and then he comes home with his tale between his legs and he's welcomed back with open arms by his father. So that's that's it's like an allegory with you. And I've become obsessed with God as an allegory for like for like actual ship.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: It's interesting though it's become it's lately become interesting to me. But yeah, so like.
Speaker 2: I'm Catholic in like a chill way, like progressive, like hey, like we should just be accepting of people and also not use the Bible to like I don't know, condemn others, like like I feel like in like it's a cool allegory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's your friend. Your friend is the prodigal son, you know, going on basically get your friend. Your friend is the prodigal son wandering through the woods, like meeting with Swiper the fox from Dora, you know, and then coming and then eventually she's like, oh, look, and then she'll come back or or we're all or we're all wrong and this guy is awesome and everything's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then and then you know what, hopefully we don't even have to go prodigal son sniper no sliping route in the first place, but yeah, hopefully hopefully everything is fine and he's just like chill, reformed, super sweet guy.
Speaker 1: Well, especially if your friends said that she's a five on the skepticism scale, it sounds like she would be receptive to this information, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, yeah, well I hope so too. This has been so helpful.
Speaker 3: To su down.
Speaker 1: No, this has been a fun ponder. This has been a fun ponder. I'm gonna re I think I'm gonna rename the podcast. I'm gonna call it the Ponder Gecko, the gecko in the pond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I feel like maybe I should feel like, oh, like I need advice, but be like, yo, I need to ponder something with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like a pond, I like punt. I'm not gonna rename I. I I have a journal from like August of twenty twenty of me being like I need to call I need to rename the podcast, and that was five ish years ago. So I'm not gonna do that shit. I'm too I'm too baked into I'm too baked into the search engine optimization too. I'm locked in. We're the therapy Gecko. But we're gonna ponder. So anyway, what's your name again? No, I don't think Gecko's going ponds. All right, Gecko's going up, Jamie, Jamie, look that up for me. Do geckos go in ponds? Oh wait, I forgot? I'm alone? What's your name again?
Speaker 2: I'm going by Olivia tonight.
Speaker 1: Olivia, Olivia? Olivia? Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Gek bless you.
Speaker 2: Alaska is a city, not of state. Great chatting with you.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, you too, Great chatting with you too, Olivia. Thank you very much, have a good one.
Speaker 2: Thank you too.
Speaker 3: Bye, dude.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, ever since I had an existential crisis I've been.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna pretend like I read books. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I never read books. I I I might be I started reading a book. I started reading a book, which is the best I usually get.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 1: I think just I think I have too much crazy ADHD to read books. But I think my ADHD causes me to like I like I Usually I go on chat, ChiPT and Wikipedia and Google, and I gather the main ideas of various information. But I don't know why ever since I had ever since I had an existential crisis. I've been like thinking about fucking God and shit. Uh again, not in like a like a literal way, like like like believing in like Catholic fucking God, but like the story of the products like that. Yeah, like but like shit like that. I'm like, oh, I understand why stories like this have been passed on for forever because they're just They're just fucking allegories. The hilarious thing I guess about religion is people taking the allegories literally and using it to say that, like you can't be gay or whatever. Yeah, I don't know, I don't know why I'm talking about this. This is this is what bro this is what happens. This is this is literally a side effect of vivance is that you will start reading the Bible. They should have that on the label of the fucking Celsius can is that it is that you can't? Is that if you drink too much Celsius you start to think about Jesus? It's too much? All right? What else? God? Okay, that's it, all right, that's it. Let's move on. Let's take another call. I can't. I'm done. I'm let's take another call. Let's do it okay, Hi, hey man, what's your name?
Speaker 4: You can call me Pizza Pizza.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Pizza house life, Dude.
Speaker 4: I've had a crazy past couple of twelve hours. I've had a real like adult a lot of adult shit going on in like twelve hours. I gotta I got it. I got a kiddy cat and I got home from working all week. I was away from home for a week, and my kitty cat was all messed up. I had to take him to the emergency room and uh, they had to put a what's it called. They charged me eleven hundred dollars, dude, because he was he couldn't beee well, man couldn't pee and uh, and so they drugged him up. His name was perk thirty, by the way, I'll prow that in there. And so they perked him up. They sent him home on a ton of opioids. And I wake up this morning and he wouldn't stand up, and said to go take him to the vet. And now they're charging me three grand to put a catheter in them. Jesus Yeah, and they're telling me now that little man might have to have his peepee cut off, so I might have a transgender child in a couple of days.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like, there's such a thing as like pet insurance, right do.
Speaker 4: People get Apparently? So I've never I never thought about it until about twelve hours ago. And you know now that I'm just like three thousand dollars less in my wallet, I think that's probably a good idea of something to invest into. Anybody who has a cat pay like five dollars a month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, that was a very that was a very captain hindsight thing to say.
Speaker 4: But no I was. I'm able to pay for it at least I make make decent money.
Speaker 1: But cool, good, But yeah, I guess that's a I guess this is a random cautionary tale to fucking get pet insurance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they said that for most male cats this is pretty common. And so they were cool at the places rerecording me like five grand, so and I got lucky going somewhere else and they only charged me at most three thousands. So if you got to yeah, like I said, if you got a kiddie cat or god forrid, you got two of them, you better want you better want my ten grand and savings just for him or something like that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, aside from the money, how's the how's the fucking cat doing?
Speaker 4: I literally just got home an hour ago. I was racing him to the hospital that was forty minutes away. I just got following with the docs and he's waking up from anesthesia and he's all he's doing pretty good for the most part. They love his name. Everybody they loved his name too, so that was that's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 4: But he's doing so so far, so.
Speaker 1: Good, pretty good, but pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well.
Speaker 1: How's how's your life? Otherwise?
Speaker 4: You know, life's life's pretty interesting. I'll I'll throw this in there. I'm a crane operator, so it's kind of unique and fun, but it does keep me away from home quite a bit, so I have to like rely on my roommates to, you know, take care of my cat. I'm like a I'm like a what's it called? You call it a I'm like a deadbeat father in a way, but then I front the money when I have to. But my life's going good. I'm working on a government job that I can't talk about, so it's kind of fun to say. I guess it's something too interesting. But just some sort of factory.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a dumb ask question?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure?
Speaker 1: Are you good? Are you good at the crane game?
Speaker 4: I dude, I just started, So I'm not that bad for like I'm an apprentice, so like I'm learning, but I'm pretty I just started actually like running the crane for the first time, like after like a year and a half of like learning how to build them and operate them and uh, you know the technicalities behind everything. No, I mean like I'm like, I'm actually not too bad you.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I mean like like like like are you fucking it up at the Chuck e Cheese? You know what I mean? Like, are you are you drawing a crowd with the skills? Are you cleaning out all machine at the chuck e Cheese?
Speaker 4: You could? You could say that sometimes it depends on what I'm running. I mean, it depends on the crane. I'm running a little tiny crane right now, but a couple of Like I've built several cranes, and probably the coolest one is like I could say it's like a luffer crane, but you would have no idea what I'm talking about. Just a big cool crane and running one of those is pretty unique and expensive to build.
Speaker 1: And the skill and the skills transfer into collecting the stuffed.
Speaker 4: Animals and the stuff animals.
Speaker 1: Do you know? Are we on the are we? Is there a disconnect in our conversation right now?
Speaker 3: Do you really?
Speaker 4: I have no I have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: You have no idea what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I've got it together. Whoa, I've got figured out, I've got I'm together now, I'm with you on this. That ship is so rigged. It's all like I will, I've used that. I try to use it on people like hicks and stuff, and I'm like, oh yeah, like I'll ring you the stuff in and I'm in a bar and then it's all right, like you know, but move a little bit this way or that way. And I got like my crane operator hat on and and then I just like a fool, So I can't really use that one too much.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: And I never win. I never win them. I can shove this money as much money as I want in there, I'll never win them.
Speaker 1: You hear that, folks? You can get crane operator. That's how rigged it is. You can get crane operator certified and you still can suck at the game.
Speaker 4: It's it is true. It's I mean, it's all it's it's all rigged. It's all just a big lie. So but but yeah, it's been it's been a cool job. I was gonna be a programmer before I started doing this, so, I mean it was kind of a big jump from like, you know, sitting in an office desk to running cranes. But I wouldn't ever turn back on it because I don't see myself. I don't see it being taken over by AI anytime soon, you know, things like that. And also I've had to travel all around the state that I live in. I'll just say I live in Michigan, and I also came to your show in Detroit. I feel I feel like everybody. I feel like that Detroit show, I feel like we did we did you a disservice. I feel like you you did such a good job there. I feel like we did you just like a diservice. I feel like a lot of people left before that rave last year. Did you ever hear a lot of people with that RaSE?
Speaker 1: Are you taught? Hold on? I did two Detroit shows. I did one in twenty three at St. Andrews, and then I did one at the that that concert venue that looked like a laser tag arena.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: That you were at that one. Yeah, okay, you were at that one. Yeah, that one was Uh that venue was a fascinating place.
Speaker 4: Why why would you say that because it was way out Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it was a very like old venue and it was definitely it was clearly meant for like old school like rock concerts. I had a great time. I thought it was really cool. I thought it was cool to uh do a place like that. But yeah, it was Uh. No, I didn't think people did uh to me at the service. I think a lot of people stayed for it was a fun time. That was a that was cool. Yeah, that was cool. Somebody else I.
Speaker 4: Couldn't stay, so I couldn't. I couldn't stay, so I wasn't sure. I thought. I thought there's a lot of people left. So that's good to hear.
Speaker 1: Somebody, somebody actually who was at that show called into the podcast a few weeks ago or whatever and told me that they saw me like standing outside in the alley without my get go head on, like smoking my vape and it looked.
Speaker 4: Like, uh oh I remember I did? I do remember hearing about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the same show. Yeah, okay, so Crane Operators. Wait so you think crane operation I've been thinking a lot about yeah, AI ship and like what's gonna still be around and what's not Like I was watching a bro. Have you seen vo three?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe explain it.
Speaker 1: It's utterly dude, It's it's utterly insane. It's like completely insane. It's like Google's new like AI filmmaking tool, and it makes no If you go on YouTube and you search like Google VO three videos, you'll watch it and be like, oh fuck, this is this is this is We're on the I'm not inherently a doomer about all this. Somebody, somebody in the Spotify somebody in the Spotify comments called me a doomer when it comes to a I'm not a doomer. I'm actually I try my opinions about these things are worthless because I don't know anything about computer science. These are just like, yeah, observations about like I don't know humanity or just I guess, just me trying to be optimistic. But anyway, I'm not a doomer. I'm not a doomer. I'm generally attempt I generally attempt to I guess be optimistic about uh the future of shit. But yeah, no Vo three is crazy. But anyway, so crane people, crane operators will not be replaced.
Speaker 4: You think, well, here's my thing. I'm this, I might I might like implement a little bit of a doomer on you here. But I thought I saw saying where China they built like a whole I oh it was a highway or a road or what it was, but it was all using AI. And it was like they used no operators, like I'm talking like because because I'm a I'm a union operator and I have the same union as like the people who like run like the excavators and all like the equipment, and so they were doing that all with like AI. And then I'm sitting here like, oh shit, because if we can't if I can't do that, or if they're going to do AI with like equipment, then you know, what are they gonna do here? You know what I mean? But the same the cranes. Cranes are very they're very complicated, I think more than people would realize. It's all about like at the same time like catching Like it's like it's like literally like a having like a ball on a fishing pole, like you throw it around at swings. You's like we're going to catch it and stuff, except for it's like you know, you're talking twenty thousand pound pieces or like one hundred thousand pound pieces. But yeah, I don't know how much. I'm just like I'm not. I'm I'm about I'm like optimistic if I'm a numer but I'm kind of just like I'm just like put on my blinders and just like going forward and just seeing what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's I guess. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because like I was so before I became, Before I I truly stumbled and got lucky into like stumbling upon, you know, doing this podcast and stuff. My my plan was that I was going to start a business like making like doing so making social media video for businesses like like law, like local law firms and local dentists and ship like that. Like that was gonna be my plan was gonna try. That was the business I was going to try to build out of college before like I stumbled into being a gecko, and then once I saw the Google. Once I saw the Google VO three shit, I was like, oh no, if if if I had done that, I would be completely like all like commercial filmmaking or like commercial video, like anytime you see like a prescription drug ad and there's like people running and frolicking or whatever, like all that shit. I think all that shit is gonna be God. I was, yeah, I was thinking about that. I was like, damn, if I had started that business, I would be fucked.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of friends who went in the film school. I know you've talked about film school plenty of times, and they and they are not doing their they can't find anything in their field. And I can't imagine with you know, with all that AI stuff that you were just talking about with you said, VO three, is that what.
Speaker 3: It is called vo Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's crazy. It's it's it's crazy, I think. And I was talking to my friends like, Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna be anti Doomer for a second. I'm gonna be antidomer because I because like when you look at VO three, you're like, oh shit, this like basically it makes like very like lifelike filmmaking. And you could look at it and be like, oh, this is going to have like very negative implications on like the creation of art and that. I like, I think that like the the human spirit of like creativity, I don't think will be impacted, like I was thinking about like like like like you look at the VO three ship and you're like, Okay, this can generate the visual style of like south Park, Like it could make a south It can make a South Park episode, right, but like, like what makes south Park south Park is that like you know, Trey Parker and Matt Stone and the people that write the show, like there is an inherent like brilliance and humanity and creativity that and like whatever that is. I think we're probably very far away from AI replacing that, you know, but I was I was watching right right, so like it can like again, like you could, like you can go into chat GPT and be like, write me an episode of south Park. But it's not gonna it's not gonna make the what the fucking thing is because you need human creativity, and there will be a lot of like complete AI slop. There's gonna be a ton of it. Uh the completely yes, there already is. Yeah, yeah, but there's still going to be things. I don't think that like the human spirit of creativity and like people wanting to connect with the ideas that are being expressed and created by humans is going away anytime soon. I just think that like all the legit, like a lot of the logistics involved in expressing those ideas are going to get totally fucked up, you know.
Speaker 4: I feel like in a way too, like generational, Like I feel like after maybe like maybe not people in my generation, maybe people like down the line after like you know, TikTok or whatever comes next to or TikTok, you know, like whatever would you know, whoever like comes to people's minds or I should say that whatever you know? Uh my god, what am I getting at here? I'm going to doom around this?
Speaker 1: Now, go ahead. They expressed your truth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to figure out trying to word it. Like something's gonna like amplify like people like accepting like AI to do everything for everybody, you know what I mean. I feel like that's gonna be for sure, like in in my opinion, down the line eventually. So I feel like in a way, somebody somewhere or a group of people you would say or make so much money off of it that they'll do whatever they can to you know, force that on the people. But who knows. I really don't know. I'm just a fucking construction worker. I'm kind of a stupid ass.
Speaker 1: But no, I'm also also also kind of a stupid ass.
Speaker 3: Now, I have no.
Speaker 1: I really, I'm like, no, I've been watching because yeah, I'm I don't, I have no. I'm not a computer scientist. This is not like, uh, this is not like you know, the rambling these this podcast is not like I'm not a computer scientist. These are just like, these are just observations that I'm having philosophic rambles. Yeah, these are just philosophic rambles from just my own human experience and very literally, I'm not even going to say very little empirical knowledge. I'm going to say zero empirical knowledge. But that's why I'm like I'm watching. I'll watch like Ted talks or like I watched this video last night where this dude was like breaking down the levels of AI and like if it is possible, I mean, this is like the classic thing of like is it possible for this ship to gain consciousness? Because like, all right, my dad comes in my mom and then that made an egg or whatever. The I don't even I don't even know that shit works. Anything works. But somehow, somehow, my mom's egg and my dad's come created within me consciousness as a human being. And it's like, is it possible for human beings two artificially recreate whatever was going on with my dad's come to make me? And then if we argue that yes, it is, I guess the idea is we create these fucking robots who then become smarter than us that they figure out that they like study. They basically study, They very vigorously study my dad's come in a way and then figure out what inside my dad's come makes consciousness, so then they make it, and then they make conscious beings that are also immortal. Is how is how I think this works. But it's it's definitely an oversimplification. That's why I'm curious with like actual No, I think I think you hit the nail on the head there.
Speaker 4: I think that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if your dad's calm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know, but like what the fuck was I but I don't know if that's physically possible. But also we do a lot of shit that, like, we do a lot of shit that, like in the seventeen hundreds was like like the fact that you and I could have this conversation over the phone, Yeah, would be would be conceivably physically impoppus, the fact that we fly airplanes. Like, there's a lot of shit that is conceivably impossible that we just fucking did.
Speaker 4: Like I was listening to what's it called, I listened to a lot of Joe rogan be was from the side here. It is kind of on topic. They were talking about how they were building a quantum computer and that it was and he was talking about this quantic computer that was in a way somehow solving He explained it to be something online. But but we got every atom in the universe and put it together and into a big computer and gave it this equation. The universe would blow up just like from overheating before it can solve it. But then this computer is solting this math equation and they think it's like going into the multiverse, which sounds like super ridiculous and like sounds like like super Joe rogany of course, but like, yeah, that's so I mean, it's not like he's not saying that, but like that's what scientists are sending. They think that's that this computer that they're making is going into the multiverse.
Speaker 1: You know. Can I tell you actually, you know, actually it's funny before you brought up Joe Rogan. Can I tell you a thought process I was having as we were having this conversation, Like, like, as I was talking this whole time, I was thinking in my head, I was like, because his whole his whole thing is like I'm a dumb guy just exp like fucking saying a bunch of shit on a podcast. And I'm like, uh oh, And I'm like, oh crap, I'm doing dumb guy right now. I'm doing dumb guys saying bunch of ship on a podcast right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I'm not. I'm not having a I know I'm not. I'm like, oh fuck, am I am? I Is that bad to do dumb guy saying a bunch of shit on a podcast?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. I don't think so at all. I mean I listened to you every day. I said I saw I mean that would I don't know what that would make me because I listened to you all the time, so like.
Speaker 1: It would make us two I guess it would make us two dumb guys just saying words and then listening to it's I guess it's a it's a man. See, this is why the computer. The computers are gonna not even be dealing with any of this ship. They're gonna be doing crazy cool stuff.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying. And I just hope that they don't take over my crane job. I like doing the crane stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wait, this slug goes back to you. Didn't you said that you don't think ay I is going to take your frain job?
Speaker 4: No, I said, I don't know. I suppose I started from I was saying that Ai China was making uh equipment run on AI and build roads. Who I mean, the roads could have been super shit, honestly, I don't know. It could have been like a really shitty road, but like it made a road, you know what I mean. I never even thought about it like that. So yeah, yeah, are getting crans are getting very also technically advanced too, to the point where they can like almost assist you the whole time you're running it. Whether it's like the old ones are kind of just like you push a lever and that thing goes, or if you push it so far it'll tip over. But I don't know things I don't know. It's getting very like safety and technologically advanced.
Speaker 1: So I wonder sometimes, if you're listening to this podcast right now, don't don't get any of your information or thoughts or ideas about AI from from me or this caller or from Joe Rogan. Go find seriously, go like, go find some like like uh, go find like some computer scientist, motherfucker, not like a not like a CEO of a tech company. But go find some like computer scientist motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know who.
Speaker 1: Go find some computer scientist person who who made the stuff, Find some really boring computer scientist person and go listen to them, and they'll start talking about stuff. I want to do more. I want to do more of that. But again I'm too adhd. I'm too adhd, So I end up. You know what I ended up doing. I end up going on chat GPT and being like I did I kind of I did the most hilarious thing the other day. I went on chat GPT and I was talking to it and I was like, what safeguards are in place for like AI video so that you know, people can't mistake it as uh as real. And I I noticed the irony of like asking AI hey, so like, yeah, you know, you guys are gonna be cool, right, but yeah, I don't know what. I forget what it's it spit back at me.
Speaker 3: It was like.
Speaker 1: Something about how like Adobe, Well there's like clear, there's like legislation. I think that's happening, but it's uh, you know, the technology and ship is progressing faster than it can be.
Speaker 4: I think too, Like say, the same thing is, you can do all the legislation you want, but it's still like we get content from all around the world, you know, so like what is legislation. Sure it's gonna do something, but I mean, was it really gonna do if you think about it, I don't know. That's the way. That's what I think sometimes. But yeah, I don't listen to me. I dropped that of I dropped out of computer programming in college two times, so like, I don't know fucking anything.
Speaker 1: I have been having a lot of fun having this, you know, two white guys doing mushrooms for the first time, conversation with you.
Speaker 4: It does feel like that.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I like I I I I guess it's bleeding out into the podcast because I in my actual life, I do enjoy uh. I think about this stuff. I talk about it with my friends. It's been it's just it's just been on my mind, especially after seeing the the Vio ship. But I did want to I do optimistically believe that like, like, uh, like, human people will always still always like you know what is you know it is? Another thing is I think there will be a there will probably be a large group of people who like go the opposite way. Like we're already like we're seeing a movement. I think of people who like get clamshell phones and like delete their social media and like people who are like going the other way.
Speaker 3: And I.
Speaker 1: Again, this is like I don't know if this is like optimism or naivete, but I predict that that movement will grow if people be like, you know, reject reject modernity and fucking touch grass or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm laying in the grass right now in my backyard. And I actually deleted Facebook and Instagram. I never had I had to talk for a little bit. I deleted it. But I've Instagram was like my crack. I would always go on it. But yeah, I deleted Instagram and Facebook about like two months ago. And I feel like I remember you talking about some about this, like sitting on the subway because you live in New York and you said there and just like enjoy the moment. And that's what I do. Like out of the vet today, I'm sitting there and my phone. I'm just sitting there in the moment, just like pondering and just like chilling, just the moment.
Speaker 1: Just to clarify, just so we're on, just so everyone knows. I do that about one out of every fifty times I ride the subway. And it's so great because the other forty nine times I'm on my phone on Instagram like everybody else. But one out of every fifty times I get to, you know, hold a pretend to read a book and think I'm better than everyone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what's funny is I I do often wonder because I do that, I've been like i'll, i'll, i'll anytime I do like shut off my phone or like read look at a book. I look up and I like you look and you like observe everyone being on their phone, and you observe like there's always at least a couple of other people who are like not or they're like on on the books or whatever, and I and I I want to I want to have a moment. I I haven't had this moment yet, but I want to have a moment where I catch somebody else who's reading a book on the train looking up doing what I'm doing, and I'm like, well, like we lock eyes, and I'm like, are you also looking around the train to have that moment where you're like everything, Yeah, everyone's so addicted to their phones, but but not me. I'm reading a book and I'm awesome.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, because that that that's not that's not an original thought. And so I'm like, are the other people reading the books on the train also having that thought?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: They for sure are. I mean I feel like I do sometimes when I sit in like a waiting room or somewhere and I'm not sitting on my phone. I mean, honestly, God, I'll be so real. The only thing I do on my phone right now is fucking play the Loatro. I'm hooked to Balatro and I g awesome shot.
Speaker 1: I thought Blatro's niggas. I thought Platro was like on the Switch. I didn't know it was a phone game.
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm a phone and I'm a computer. Yeah, so if you played a lot and your switches on your phone too, that's pretty cool. That game is the ship.
Speaker 1: M hmm, what else? Is there anything else?
Speaker 4: I don't know? Man, are you really?
Speaker 1: I forgot? Oh wait, you're on the are you? Are you really laying on the grass right now?
Speaker 4: I just stood up? But yeah, I'm outside my backyard right now.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: Usually I've I've had a pretty stressful morning, to be honest, So I'm kind of just like staying out of my house. So I thought my cat was gonna die. He still might die. Sorry for the mood, but I don't know if he will or not.
Speaker 1: We started we talked about Ai too much. I forgot about the cat thing.
Speaker 4: That's okay, and that was that was like the banger was Yeah, but he hopefully he pulled through per thories and be all right. He's a sweet young man.
Speaker 1: What is your name against sir?
Speaker 4: I'm Pizza.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Pizza, Pizza. This is this is a fun conversation. I hope. I'm I hope it didn't sound like the people listening. I hope it didn't sound like whatever crazy person talk. But I I enjoyed. I enjoyed having it. I enjoyed having this conversation.
Speaker 4: It maybe it made me forget about my morning. So I appreciate you very much. I mean that you helped me out the day when I'm running the cranes around my equipment all the time, So I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, when you're running the crane, do you ever do you ever have like intrusive thoughts of like, yo, I could just fuck up, I could like just just car Yeah I'm sure, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, like I grind my teeth, I get so nervous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it that that's like a scary realization to like, like everyone's human, and I think like intrusive thoughts are like part of being a human. Like like when you were in fourth grade, your and your teacher was like writing maths on the board. They probably had one moment where they were like, what if I pulled my pants down and took a ship right now? What they probably had they probably did, like if you like like like like the older you, the older you get the more you like look back on your childhood and you look back on like like you're like like your your teachers and parents and whatever, and you're like, oh, they were they were humans just like me. They had all these like thoughts and feelings that I have. And I'm yeah, I'm like, oh shit, does my dad am I ever like at dinner with my dad and he's like, Yo, what if I just punched my like when I was a baby. Did my dad ever look at me and go, what if I just took them and threw them on the ground?
Speaker 4: Oh dude, for sure. Like I'll be up in the cab sitting there and I'm like twelve feet above the ground in a glass box. I'm like, what if I just like start jerking off right now look at me? You know, they probably will. It'll probably be a show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, that's got it. Like I don't know if that's like a I don't think. I don't think in truth. I guess like like severe intruth. I think you know what this is all, this is all like pseudo whatever, But like I think intrusive thoughts are probably like natural to the human experience. And then like if you're mentally ill to some degree, they just they just get way worse and way more frequent.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, no, for sure. I mean if you're if you're a tower crane operator, you have to like ship up there in a bucket and pissing a bottle. So I'm pretty sure you can jerk off if you're in a tire crane. Nobody will see it anyway as a tower crane operator or wants to be well, you.
Speaker 1: Know what that's that's that's that's your experiment to undergo. Should you should you feel, should you feel, did you feel called to it?
Speaker 4: I'll call you back and I'll let you know how it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please do pizza? Is there anything else you I say the people of the computer before we.
Speaker 4: Go, stay positive, treat others how you want to be treated, and it's about it. I love you, Lyle. I'll talk to you another another universe. Thank you, pizza crane jerking off.
Speaker 1: I'll see you, hope, I you know, hopefully I'll look up one day and I'll see a guy jerking off in a tower crane and I'll and I'll shoot him a smile.
Speaker 4: All right, Lyle, I'll see I love you.
Speaker 1: Take care pizza. Thank you man. All right, boy, well, I hope you guys have been enjoying this episode of the Therapy Gecko Experience. Thus far from Casey. Hello, what's up, Casey has life?
Speaker 3: It's going good man. I was on the podcast probably like a month and a half, a couple of months ago at this point now about living on a fishing boat.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you're the fucking Alaska guy. Yeah, oh fuck you? Okay, cool, okay, Actually this is sick. I'm glad we I'm actually glad that you called back in because, uh, okay, I'm gonna give some context real quick. Is that you called in, uh to the podcast fucking I don't remember how long ago, but yeah, maybe like a month ago to talk about your experience going insane on Alaskan fishing boats. And I wanted to talk more about it with you, but you had to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was on my lunch breakout work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, So actually, you know what is you know what's funny is, after the last call I wanted to do I wanted to end with something simple, but we're not going to do that. We're not going to do that because it's actually an actually it's perfect that I'm talking to you for a few reasons, is okay, Like I've been saying, I don't I'm not. I haven't read any books. I've only frantically researched things on Wikipedia. And I've been doing I'm doing the same thing I did in high school, which like, in high school, I never read any fucking books. I just spark noted and whatever. And I'm doing that. I'm doing that again, except I'm doing it to actually learn instead of to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the purpose of learning, instead of cheesing through school.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so I'm doing the same thing I did in high school, except I'm actually like, oh, this is interesting. So when we talked last, you talked about the myth of Sisyphis, and you're talking about the myth of Sisyphus. And also I think since we last talked, yeah, I've been talking about like how like I went through a big, pretty bad existential crisis. I don't know if it's over. I mean it's only been for the last ten days. Actually, I've been feeling pretty stable and great. But I had one Okay, so I had one night I had I had a horrible, horrible night. Uh, maybe this is less than a month ago. It was like three weeks ago, two weeks ago. Whatever I took. I was trying to figure out the proper, my proper dosage of vivance, and so I started on I started on thirty milligrams of vibance.
Speaker 3: And.
Speaker 1: I was I was awake for an entire night researching existentialism and just like having a having like a full on like insomnia, like panic about existentialism. And I was watching this video about uh Camu, you know Camu and his whole and his whole thing is that it's his whole thing. Is one must imagine Sisyphis happy as happy as happy, and I was, and I was trying to get into it, and I was like, and I wouldn't accept it. I was like, what the funk? What are you talking about? That's insane?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: How is that? How can that apply to everyone? Okay? So anyway, anyway, so for okay, So for people who don't know the myth, and you you actually read the book, I just read the spark notes, so correct me on this. But the the myth of Sisyphis is basically this fucking dude, Sisyphis. I'm gonna open I'm gonna oversimplify all this. This dude Sisyphis like does some ship to mess with a bunch of gods, so the gods condemn him to an eternity of rolling a boulder up a hill, up the hill, and then the.
Speaker 3: Boulder he'll he'll get it right up to the top and it'll go back down again.
Speaker 1: Yes, he'll get it right up to the top and he'll go back down again. And is he condemned to do this for eternity? Is he is sipus mortal? Or does he? Or is he immortal?
Speaker 3: He's he's mortal, but like his punishment gives him immortality because he's stuck there for eternity.
Speaker 1: He's wit. Really he does that for eternity?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's yeah, that's the uh. The idea of the myth is that he like he's free once he can get the boulder up the hill, but he never gets it up the hill, so.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even do it today. He's still so okay, So in the myth he's he's so in the myth he's immortal. So he actually is doing this for eternity. He doesn't like do it until he's eighty and dies, and then he can just be dead.
Speaker 3: He's he's he's he's immortal in the sense that at least I'm pretty sure. It's been a really long times since I've read the book, and I'm not super like, you know, I don't have a bunch of knowledge on Greek myths. But from what I understand or from what I remember, is that he betrays the gods as a mortal man, but he essentially through his punishment where he rolls a boulder up a hill for eternity, he is immortal in his punishment, but he is a mortal man before he betrays the gods.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, so okay, he's a mortal man, betrays the gods, and do the gods turn him immortal basically.
Speaker 3: With the punishment. Yeah, I mean, it's it's not that like he's immortal in a way that he's like omniscient, oh, the way like a god is, but like he's immortal in the fact that he lives forever just because he's rolling a boulder up a hill forever and that's all he does and that's his punishment. That's it's like going to Hell forever, except he's just stuck in the doldrums.
Speaker 1: So so in in a little bit of my eccidential crisis. I was thinking, like, all right, so death can be kind of spooky, but the op but like eternity is also kind of spooky, and it's like and so, but and so, how do you reconcile with that? And so the idea is like, all right, you get this guy Sissyphis is rolling the boulder up a hill, and this guy Albert Camu is a philosopher. Yeah, I was up. I was. I was tweaking on vibe Ance at three o'clock in the morning, watching a YouTube video about Albert Camu talking about absurdism, which is the idea that Sisyphis trapped in this eternal hell of rolling the boulder up the hill, only for it to fall down again, which I guess you could consider is like, I mean, you could consider that as an allegory for like a ton of shit. And yet he and yet Camu's thing is one must imagine Sisyphis is happy and actually, honestly, right now, as I'm like recounting all of this, I'm like, Camu, what the fuck are you talking about? That sounds like hell, how the fuck is he supposed to be happy? But you seem like when I talked to you that you got a lot out of it, and that resonate with you. So I ask you, what, what do you what is your interpretation of that? Why do you think that Sisyphis should be happy with his eternal punishments.
Speaker 3: I haven't really thought about it in a while, so I'm just gonna riff riff. But in the myths of Sispus, one of the central ideas is that like the only true choice that that we have, or one of them, not like true choice, but like the ultimate power that humanity has over himself that they can control. Is the concept of suicide, is that we can kill ourselves. And he claims it's these are not the words that he uses, but he says this is it's like the ultimate philosophical leap, or like a philosophical.
Speaker 4: Like, or like.
Speaker 3: It's it's like one of the brave like in a way, not like brave in the traditional sense, but one of the bravest things that we can do. And which is why you know, it's it's a part of our consciousness that we can we have the choice to think about that, and we can not not necessarily the choice, but like it's it's an option for humans, right M And I think, should we not choose to make that act, then we need to find a way to reconcile with what we have in the present. But there's always that nagging option or thought in the back of one's head. And with Sisyphis, he doesn't have that option. He's doing that forever. He can't he can't just kill himself to stop rolling the boulder up the hill. So if he if he is stuck there for eternity, and if we choose not to do the if we choose not to commit suicide, which is our only way out besides the natural course of death, then we have to envision ourselves like we can compare ourselves in a way to Ciscis in our everyday lives. But we have like in order to reconcile with that idea. We we can't just see Sisyphus as you know, a whining, bitching, complainer, because then we would be, you know, condemned to misery for our entire lives. So we have to envision him as happy despite the absurd circumstances that he's in. We we are thrown into this world without a choice, and we were we we deal with a lot of things that make absolutely zero sense. You know, things don't turn out the way it could.
Speaker 4: So so we we have to.
Speaker 3: Find a mentality or perspective that can elevate us through that, so we can find you know, the humor and the joy in existence.
Speaker 1: But is one of like the like the philosophy of absurdism is is anti suicide? Right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, Well when he's not when he's talking about that, he's not saying that it's a good thing, but it's he's he sees it as like a kind of transcend transcendental idea, a unique facet of human existence that has a huge you know, has huge implications on our existence.
Speaker 1: He was, he again, this is all just I have I you know what, you know what I was in a I was I was in a books I wanted to read. He has this book what the Stranger or some ship? Okay, all right, so here's the thing I wanted. Okay, So I was in a I was, I was home. I was I was home in in uh. I was home in Maryland with my family, and I was really going through the like existential ship and I wanted to I wanted to read it, but I was like, I think I'm too. Uh, I don't think I'm healthy enough to read. I don't want to read this right now, you know, like so because I was like, yeah, I was like in a bookstore, like having a fucking like panic attack, and I was like, I don't want to read this right now, but I might go. But once I start feeling like like like I'm actually in the past. Yeah, the past like ten days for me have felt pretty good. But I would I'd like to go back and read it and approach it from like a more objective point of view where I'm not like so deeply sucked into it in like a weird unhealthy way, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so where you're not like where you're not as intimately connecting with it in terms of your life at that moment, but you're able to take sort of a bird's eye view at it, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, so I might. I might. I might pick that shit up at some point.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The strangers, right, can't recommend it enough?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: I also want I'm sure the YouTube comments will that that is my It's been five four years since I've read that, and I have not really explored philosophy for a couple of years now, so I'm almost positive that that's wrong. But that's kind of how I've been looking at absurdism recently, at least through Como's lens. Yeah yeah, people will correct, man, We'll have some interesting YouTube comments to read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I love reading the YouTube comments. You know what bothered me is the fucking the the YouTube comments on the podcast. Not that I I honestly shouldn't read the YouTube comments because I don't know if they I don't know if reading YouTube comment I don't know if I don't know if reading YouTube comments provides me with any value or is Like I mean, I like, I enjoy it. I like, you know, I think if you make something and put it on the internet, whether it's a podcast or a photo or whatever, you want to see that people actually listened to or whatever. But like I was, I was kind of bummed out by the I post the most recent podcast, the one where I talk to the lady who is polyamorous. Like people just I opened, I opened to the YouTube comments and somebody was like, I am also disgusted by your polyamorous lifestyle. And I literally put my phone down and I was like, people are so fucking like this person did not remotely understand what the fucking thing that we were talking about in the podcast, Like was that bothered me the way? But you also but you can't uh, I don't know, you can't be mad at that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I mean people are always gonna, you know, look for the tiniest thing that might only be distantly related to an entire conversation that you'll have on here, and they're gonna latch their own biases to it and get up thet about it. So yeah, that's their problem, not yours.
Speaker 1: No, I've gotten better at like when I read that stuff just like I find it funny. I mean that was frustrated. I was like a little bit frustrated at like, oh, this person is not understood. This person is like not getting what I think we're trying to put out. But like, uh, there's a lot of stuff where But then I'll read something where it's like you're fat and gay, and I'm like, all right, you know that's that's fair, That's that's fair. Anyway. Are you feeling less insane? Are you feeling where you how do you feel about do you feel good?
Speaker 3: Well? I thinks we're pretty crazy right now. But there's been huge ups and huge downs. The huge up, I don't know if this had happened. I don't think I got the chance to tell you last time we talked, but I got it into a mathematics PhD program.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, No, Okay, I remember this conversation because you were red this conversation because you, uh, your passion was math and I and I was like, you got you got really lucky that your passion is math, because yeah, like that's an applicable, you know thing that's an easier passion to pursue than a lot of other people's passions are harder. Although I kind of actually actually hold on, I take that back. I don't want to say easy to pursue. Maybe, like you know, there's I guess a I mean, I don't know you would know this more than I would. But like a linear path if one chooses to pursue a career in mathematics as opposed to like streaming Fortnite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I mean, the the biggest issue is that just acade, Like I want to be a professor, and academia is just insanely competitive. Right now, there's a lot more PhDs being churned out than there are, you know, teaching jobs. But I'm I'm I'm just taking it as I go. Really, I just want to go back to school. I'm tired of working.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Are you You're not still fishing?
Speaker 4: Are you.
Speaker 3: No? That that was That was a one time thing. I'll do it again. I would like to do it again at some point, but I'm not at that stage of my life right now that that'll be an after a big maybe, like an after a big accomplishment, like if I made it, if I completed a PhD or something like that, and I wanted to go find myself for the next stage of my life.
Speaker 1: You know, Alaska is is high up on my I have a I have a whole list of like countries and like places that I want to go to, like interview people and make little videos, and Alaska is big on there, so I might be at some point.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. Man. I can't recommend it enough. You definitely should. I bet you could. I wonder if you could get enough people to I bet you probably could get enough people that if you did a show and anchorage and I bet that would be a really interesting one.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'd be fun. No, I've tried. I've tried to do I've been trying to do. I've been trying to do a live show and anchorage for for uh for years, Like I like two years ago, I was like emailing fucking bars to try to do a thing and anchorage it. Maybe it'll come together and I would like to. I would like to do it, because again I don't know what I'm I don't know what's going on over there. I want to know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Your next one you're planning on is gonna be like your next tour will be in like twenty twenty six, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I've been kind of thinking about, uh yeah, what sort of the My my focus right now is I want to make I want to make more U two videos like uh, It's like I don't know, I've been I've been putting out these like fairly you know, I'm putting out like podcasts for years, and I'm like, I want to kind of step it up and make like more like intentional videos and shit. So I'm kind of more focused on that than like, uh, doing live shit. But I do I think yeah, next next, next year, at some point I'll go back to doing live shit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, right now, we'll make make yeah, make sure you put a stop in Albuquerque because I'll come when I'm living out there.
Speaker 4: So I happened yet.
Speaker 3: I know you went to Denver in twenty twenty four, but I missed out on that one.
Speaker 1: Denver Rocks shout out, Uh yeah, shout out Denver, shout out Albuquerque shout out.
Speaker 4: So there.
Speaker 1: I think there are actually a lot of lizards in Albuquerque.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to. I want to visit to explore the campus and stuff. And I actually saw on campus. That's pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: What is your name again? Fascinating, Casey, Casey. I'm glad we got to talk again. Case I'm glad, Yeah, because yeah, I'm glad we got to talk about this Sissifus ship. It's still it's still kind of spooky to think about, but uh yeah, at some point I'll read back more into it. I like, I've been getting uh yeah, interested in Part of me wants to get more interested in philosophy, and then part of me is like, is like, because I think I think it does make you smarter to like read up on all this ship. But then also part of me is like, nah, let's just watch South Park and eat candy and uh, you know, just fucking just yeah, ignorance. Ignorance is bliss unknighily.
Speaker 3: So you know what, you know what's been helping me with my existential christ not not like full on, but you know, the every day you know, not me and you know, a torture of being a human being has been like entertaining my inner child I've gotten back into. So I haven't played video games in probably like eight years, just because I've been too busy, like since like you know, middle of high school on I just didn't really have as much time as I used to. And I started playing Pokemon games again and like after work after a really long shitty day of work, like it it has been. It has like been one of my cuist and like hair free access to serotonin I've had and since I can't even remember, like it's been absolutely amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I'm gonna I actually love this casey. I'm gonna take this from you because I've I feel like sometimes when I let myself play video games, I feel guilty, especially because well especially like because like you know, to dive back into existential bullshit like you know, being like, oh, i have such finite amount of time on the earth that I'm using it to play fucking video games. That may you know it makes you feel guilty, but I'm I love this for you. This is what a what beautiful framing you have introduced into my life. Casey, You're You're the You're the fucking therapy. Get go on this call, okay, because you you've introduced that's a beautiful framing. I like that I am connecting with my inner child when I am playing you know, uh Red the Redemption two or like playing on the Switch, because I because I've always grown up playing videos, loved video games, and and there is inherent that's an inherently productive thing to do to connect with your inner child. So I like that framing. I'm gonna steal that from you. That's a good you. That was you therapy Gecko to me on that for sure.
Speaker 3: Like that. I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take that.
Speaker 3: I think, like one of the things that I've realized in the last few years is like, yes, it's important to you know, mature as a person in terms of like, you know, making the right decisions, being around the right people, and so on. But I think just because you know, we get older and we take on more responsibilities as a human as we grow, it doesn't it doesn't mean we have to, you know, solely just see ourselves as adults. It's very important to make sure that you still have that playful side of your nature because if if you lose that, like, how can you find enjoyment in anything? You know?
Speaker 1: Casey, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me back on. I'm glad we got the part two. I'll leave with a fun fact. There are more numbers real numbers, so any type of like decimal number between zero and one than there are counting numbers going one, two, three up to infinity.
Speaker 1: So that means there are infinite numbers between one and ten.
Speaker 3: Between zero and one, or zero and one half or zero on points zero zero, zero, zero, zero one. Well, look up a video on it. It's called diagonalization.
Speaker 1: You know what. I would look up that video, but I think I've hit my quota on things that make me think about infinity and existentialism, So I'm gonna probably watch that video. Uh, I'm gonna probably watch a video about defective. I'm gonna probably watch a video about old school Nintendo candies instead of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Casey. You have a good rest of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, youtuboe man. Good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Good to talk to you, man. Bye bye. Oh wow, that was a great well, that was a great episode. Oh god, I love it. I sometimes I sit down to do this pod and and you know, you just get you just get great calls. I'm this was this was a banger. I enjoyed this. This was a great podcast. Thank you. I'm gonna try to remember everyone's name is Casey, Pizza and Olivia. How about that. I never remember fucking people's names. I mean, I don't think any of those are those people's real names. But three great calls, great pondering. Oh wow, that was electric. I loved that. That was It made me feel good. I hope, I hope you enjoyed listening to this. This is a This was a fun podcast to do something.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have my ups and downs. I'm gonna be uh candid. I have my ups and downs making this thing.
Speaker 4: Over.
Speaker 1: I mean over the past you know, five years of making it. But like, yeah, I don't know. There's a lot of times where I'm like, oh, that felt good, that was a good that was that was a good recession of recording. I enjoyed those conversations. I feel better as a person having had them. I hope that it felt worth it to you to listen to them or have them on in the background while you did something else and anything. Do I have anything else to say? I'm gonna shut up. I'm gonna shut up, and I'm going to walk with dignity into my inevitable caffeine crash that will be happening exactly twenty minutes from right now. I'm gonna walk into it with dignity and acceptance that I brought it upon myself by drinking too much caffeine. No, I'm gonna yeah, whatever, I'll take a nap. Who cares? Who cares about anything. I'm gonna go take a shit. I'm gonna go take a nap. Actually, I don't feel like taking a nap, but I will eventually. Okay, all right. I hope this wasn't weird. I hope I didn't say anything weird or crazy over the past hour and a half or however long.
Speaker 3: This was.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna get off. I need to stop. All right, I'm gonna stop. Okay, bye them repeat. Cat goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night. The repink goes doing his eye. He's teaching you to hout ever your life, but he's not really an expert.