Speaker 1: Hey, we're getting to check in from one of our couples from this podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome to it.
Speaker 1: It's Brooke and Jeffrey and this is the second Date Update podcast. Thank you so much for being here. If you don't know how the update updates work or.
Speaker 2: You forget, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Uh, just we're going to play the original so we're all on the same page and it's a doozy. Yeah. When you were here, it like, oh I forgot how how this one went?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bag yeah, and then they'll be a quick commercial.
Speaker 2: Okay, do with it what you want, put it up full volume, yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: Jam out, and then we're gonna come back and have them back on to hear what's happened since. So stick around for that. But first we always love to highlight our listeners. Yeah, Leanne Helen said, we all need to make a petition to make it legally required to listen.
Speaker 2: To this radio show.
Speaker 1: I love it from Northern Ireland and don't think anybody would be brave enough to start something like this. Yeah, yeah, the petition are just listening you know all right that we need to force people to be here. Ye's way, It's fine with me, all right, let's get it started right now.
Speaker 3: We always like to talk about the one who got away, but for some reason, we rarely talk about the one who just won't go away.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That was more common.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the relationship that you're done with, but for some reason, they keep on popping back.
Speaker 5: Into your life over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that has definitely been the case for one of our listeners, where all that stood in the way of her true love connection was an old flame that just kept on springing back up. Was she finally able to move on from the one who just wouldn't go away? We're gonna get some answers because it's a special second Date Update update and it's coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Updates.
Speaker 3: Is there anything sadder than being out and seeing somebody else getting stood up up for a date?
Speaker 2: That's so sad. The sounder part is being the person stood up, jeff Let's just.
Speaker 5: Why are you smiling so big?
Speaker 2: Though entertaining? Are they going to say an hour? Two hours?
Speaker 5: She's like, that's the prime spot at the bar. I get to like slide in.
Speaker 3: But for one of our listeners, seeing somebody get stood up was actually the best thing to ever happen to him. Oh, because apparently he turned that woman's loss into his game.
Speaker 5: So let's talk to Joseph about it. Joseph, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, how are you.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, we can't wait to hear this story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what happened? You saw a woman get stood up somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I went to this Mexican restaurant after I got off work, and I was going to just meet my buddy at the bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I get to the bar and there's only one seat open, and it's next to this woman, and you know, she's very, very pretty, and her name is Subrien. I didn't know at the time, So I go, hey, it's cool if I sit down here. She goes, actually, it's reserved. I have date coming. And I was like, well, would you mind if I just sat here until my friend got here? She goes, she thinks about it for a moment, she goes, yeah, that's fine, you can sick.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: So she's planning on kicking you out.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah. So you know, I sit down and I start talking to her just to be polite. While I went into the bar turn to take my water, and it actually starts going well, and we're talking. Now it goes on to like ten minutes. She thought this guy was coming in any second. He's still not there. So we're drinking. I'm buying her drink, and then she gets to text that the guy has canceled on her.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, what a jerk, but also a way to turn lemons into Margarita's.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, So I text my friend, you know what, turn around, turned the car around. I don't need you tonight.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a good buddy, And he's like, yeah, all right, yeah.
Speaker 4: He gets it. He do the same thing to me. Wow.
Speaker 3: So now all of a sudden, you have an instaday with the sound woman at the bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I tell her lessons. We're both here, we both got stood up. Let's get a booth. We get a booth. I tell her she has beautiful eyes. And it's a good vibe, like really funny. There's a baby next table. The babies are throwing chips, so we start like throwing chips at the baby, and.
Speaker 2: I thought, I've misunderstood what you just said.
Speaker 5: I love that. That's a good vibe for a date for you.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're having fun with this baby.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it sounds like your guys' vibe is really natural to Yeah.
Speaker 4: We start, we start having a food fight together and she goes like, oh, you have some salt from your cheeks and she on the cheek.
Speaker 1: Wow, she made the first move even.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm shocked it was going small. I was like, really shocked.
Speaker 1: It's so fun too, and it's like something you haven't planned. Yeah, you know, it's not like you had any nerves going into it.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure you would have done the same sort of things if your bro was there with you. So it's nice that you're able to do it to a woman. Kisses, yeah, licking sauce off each other's cheeks, ye, just what bros do when we go out for.
Speaker 5: Like Mexican Yeah hell yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I mean this is turning into what sounds like the best date ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not only that, it's the best state in the history of all day whoa wow statements.
Speaker 1: Okay, this has just been risen Like that is a really high place to put it.
Speaker 3: I need to high five that baby for being the best wingman ever. So, I mean, what happens after Mexican food.
Speaker 4: I went back to her place hung out. Okay, so like two am.
Speaker 2: Whoa did you talk at all?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: We we sat there silence.
Speaker 2: Yeah we thought. I didn't mean.
Speaker 5: If there was physical activities happening.
Speaker 4: We just we had a really good time.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. The last thing I said there was when connect see you again? I really want to again. She was like, well, I have this work trip the next day. And then she said something a little weird. She was like, I'm hoping not to run into my ex because it's where I'm from, it's home.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: You could also think of it as like she's so comfortable with you that she's just talking right like, And maybe she didn't mean, like if she had been more guarded, she probably wouldn't have said, yeah, yeah, Sho might get back with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: Was that what I'm thinking?
Speaker 5: Was that going through your mind when she said that, Joseph.
Speaker 4: It wasn't. But she ended it with I'm gonna be back in a few days. And now it's been six days and there's no answer, and I'm wondering, now did she run into him? And are they back together?
Speaker 2: I'm back with my ex, is going to be a real simple answer. I don't know why I couldn't just checked that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if that's the.
Speaker 3: Case true or is it possible it was just you know how they say Mexican food is an aphrodisiac. Maybe that was like rolling over and now that the Mexicans warn't.
Speaker 5: Off those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do love tacos.
Speaker 3: So you said, it's been six days. She's not answering anything you're sending her. It's not looking great, but hopefully we can get her on the phone and should pick up for us. We'll get you some answers about your impromptu date at the Mexican restaurant with your second date update right after this. Thank you, I mean, we got to do this for the best date in all of history.
Speaker 1: Jeff Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 4: You're in the middle of.
Speaker 1: A second date update update and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you.
Speaker 2: Here Part two, it's Brook.
Speaker 3: And Jeffrey in the Morning and we're in the middle of a second date update with one of our listeners, Joseph, who kind of lucked into the best date of his entire life when he was at a Mexican restaurant. There was one seat open at the bar, and the woman right next to him got stood up for her date, So they ended up back at her place, where he didn't leave until two in the morning.
Speaker 2: What does your voice get lower and slower as you just describe it, Jeff?
Speaker 3: How also, am I supposed to describe the best date in the history.
Speaker 5: Of all their kind?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And the last thing that she said to him, and this is key, at least for Joseph, is I'm gonna be going on a work trip to my hometown and I just hope I don't run into my ex. So, Brook, what are the percentages that actually happened and she met up with her ex boyfriend?
Speaker 5: Are we talking fifty to fifty?
Speaker 4: Yere?
Speaker 1: I think it's one hundred percent that she definitely hooked up with her ex.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend. But oh, excuse, but that doesn't mean they're back together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like it. You're putting this in my head. I really don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just trying to prepare you less exactly.
Speaker 3: I will take the other angle and say, there is no chance that she met up with her ex boyfriend and she was thinking about you the entire time.
Speaker 2: What a cute, naive world you live in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't even type anything on her work laptops.
Speaker 5: It was just your name over and over and over again the entire trip. Wow, that's what I'm thinking happened.
Speaker 2: Hopefully that wouldn't be a red flag.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, hopefully scary dog.
Speaker 3: Okay, but let's find out. We'll see what actually happened. If she picks up the phone, I'm gonna dial her number right now.
Speaker 5: But here we go. Hello, Hey is this Sabrina?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Awesome, So, hey, Sabrina, thank you for picking up. You are on a radio show right now. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: Hello, Oh, good morning.
Speaker 4: I'm confused. Why would the radio show call me.
Speaker 3: Well, we do a segment on this show called the Second Date Update, which is where we help out our listeners if they've gone out with somebody or had a fun romantic encounter in your case, we try to help them reconnect and figure out if there's a chance at a second meetup.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so popular segment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're doing this on behalf of one of our listeners that met you the other day.
Speaker 5: It's a guy named Joseph Joseph.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I was gonna.
Speaker 4: Call him later.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. Is he like jumping the gun like you just got home and you haven't had time to talk?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: No, I left my phone in the rent whole car and then it took him like five.
Speaker 4: Or six days to get it back to me.
Speaker 6: So I just got it today new Okay.
Speaker 2: Yahude, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: So you were gonna call Joseph today and get another date set up?
Speaker 4: Yes, I've been thinking about him this whole time.
Speaker 5: You were, right, Jess, Yeah, of course I'm right.
Speaker 2: So look Sabrina saying that again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry to do this to you, But the whole reason that we called is Joseph reached out. He told us about your date at the Mexican restaurant, said it was the best hangout he's ever had.
Speaker 5: Does that mean you think the.
Speaker 3: Same was the best?
Speaker 6: I feel like an idiot.
Speaker 5: No, dude, he's a circumstance.
Speaker 1: He's going to be so relieved because he thought it was something that he did and that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you heard from you in days and days so cute.
Speaker 6: Well, can you guys just tell him that what I said that I that I do. You want to see him again.
Speaker 4: Can you tell him for me?
Speaker 3: Sure, we could, but you've kind of already told him because he's actually on the phone with us right now on the other line listening to this.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Joseph is on here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how this segment works. We have them waiting on the other line. So Joseph, are you there, man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Hey Joseph, you must be so happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. Talk to Sabrina.
Speaker 4: Hey, Sabrina, what's up. It's Joseph.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much said that.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: I really was going to call you. Yeah, no, I'm sorry that I did through a radio show. I just had such an amazing night and I want more than one night with you.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Oh you are so sweet, like you have no idea, But I literally missed the sound of your voice.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Really they are really on the same page.
Speaker 6: Yeah for real, Seriously, your voice is so exy.
Speaker 4: I just I love the way you say. Oh. Well in that case case.
Speaker 3: Okay to dial a nine hundred number to hear stuff like this, give.
Speaker 5: Me a credit.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to get into a smothered burrito.
Speaker 4: Ye are either Yeah, yeah, I'm here. I'm really serious. If you were with me right now, I would totally kiss you. I kissed, I would kiss you ten times.
Speaker 6: I would kiss you so much more that I couldn't kiss you anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, is too cute?
Speaker 5: Well hold on, then what would Joseph do after the ten.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's not going to stop me to bring that. I am a kissing machine.
Speaker 2: Around what every girl wants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Well, I'm sensing, and maybe I'm reading this wrong, that they're there's a little bit of a connection happen.
Speaker 5: There's like too much chemistry.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey is the only one in the room that's comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: So, Joseph.
Speaker 2: Cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joseph, this is sounding like the best news ever for you.
Speaker 4: Just really relieved. Like Sabrina, I was so worried that we were on your work trip. I thought you might have seen your ex and something happened.
Speaker 5: Oh we forgot about that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah I did see him.
Speaker 2: Discuss this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like you didn't do anything with him, right, I mean, I'm just so excited to see you again.
Speaker 5: That's question.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you hooked up with it. You hooked up with it, didn't you? Okay, Joseph, you don't understand.
Speaker 6: It takes a while to break off an engagement. It doesn't doesn't happen automatically.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait wait what?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 5: Are you still engaged?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: You hold on. You're engaged this guy tech but verbally involved with him like today.
Speaker 2: That's not distinguished, Like you don't.
Speaker 6: Well, emotionally, I'm distancing myself.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, emotionally you're cheating on him. What happening?
Speaker 4: Guys? I just want to physically. I don't care about verbally or emotionally.
Speaker 5: Bro Wait, yes, I don't know, and it's a yes. Come on man, are you sure?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Because it's at this point that I would like to ask you to go out with Joseph one more time.
Speaker 5: You can't.
Speaker 2: She's taken, she's engaged.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Should I have asked that question earlier when they were talking about being kissing machines on each other?
Speaker 5: Ever, shoot, five minutes ago? That was my bad. But Sabrina, the offer still stands. Will offer to pay for a date, We're going to pay.
Speaker 6: My answer is yes. My answer is yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, she's distancing herself from her current fiance emotionally and man verbally. Not quite physically yet, but that happens every time you go meet up with your exes.
Speaker 6: So I'm working on it.
Speaker 4: You guys, we won't be together in a month, I promise month.
Speaker 5: Just break up with the man, Joseph. She did say yes, you heard it. She wants to see you again.
Speaker 3: Let's put everything else aside, including her earngagement to another man. I need to hear from you. Is it a yes to another date with Sabrina? And I want you to remember to think with your heart not with your head.
Speaker 2: You better say no, Joseph.
Speaker 4: I mean I want to hang out with you again, but I have to wait till you're done. So just can you just talk to me after Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, because you can totally believe her when she says yeah, Joseph, you might have to say the word case of dia one more time in order to get her back on your side.
Speaker 4: God, Oh that's what I love.
Speaker 5: I feel good about this. No, I don't have to dial that one nine hundred number later.
Speaker 3: Really found the great successful second date update everybody, Jeffrey. In the morning, last we heard Joe was waiting on Sabrina to officially end her engagement.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the two of them could go out.
Speaker 3: Well, Joe and Sabrina are both back on the phone today, which must mean Sabrina the ex fiancees finally out of the picture.
Speaker 4: Sort of what.
Speaker 6: Well, it's funny, so I did end the engagement. Joe and I got together. It has been great. He is such a doll. But then a few weeks after we got together, my ex sent me this text that he had some of my stuff at his place and I needed to come get it.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's when you say, nope, just leave it outside, I'll pick it up, Like you.
Speaker 5: Need to come get your umbrella.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, I don't exactly jose it.
Speaker 4: You fell for it.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: I actually Joe was really sweet and offered to help.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, I went with her.
Speaker 5: I went with her her so you get to actually meet the guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah I did. We met the guy, and I thought I was gonna be in and out, and you know, we started talking. He pulled out a couple of beers and actually, like this is the thing. I went in think I was gonna hate the guy. I actually really liked the guy.
Speaker 5: I didn't see that coming.
Speaker 2: You guys are friends.
Speaker 4: Now, Yeah, I talked to him like every day. I'm in its fantasy baseball league.
Speaker 2: Oh that's mature of you and of him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sabrina, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 6: Well, at first, I was thinking, you've got to be kidding me. These guys are going to hang out. But it's good that they're getting along, right. It's not that they hate each other, because I didn't want anything negative like that, But it's kind of weird because they kind of are having a bromance.
Speaker 1: At all. So your current boyfriend has also started a relationship with your ex, and you know what, it could be healthier.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Like, he's a really cool guy. I see why she told him.
Speaker 5: You're starting the process of falling for him too.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, but I gotta play baseb with somebody, right, that's right?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bab I hope your team name is it like Sabrina's second pick.
Speaker 3: Well, whatever's going on between the three of you, it sounds great.
Speaker 5: Definitely keep us updated. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.