Speaker 1: Hey there, folks. It is Monday, March second, and Robes, I don't know if Rubio was supposed to say what he just said. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. We have heard from the principles today, have we not heath than Trump? Now Rubio? All of them made headlines. Rubio certainly just did.
Speaker 2: He certainly did.
Speaker 3: In fact, we were actually watching something else, had news on in the background and saw Marco Rubio talking to reporters outside of Capitol Hill and his arms started flailing and he was getting very animated.
Speaker 2: So we turned up the volume and honestly, my jaw kind of dropped when I heard what he had to say.
Speaker 1: Because he gave us another justification for the US being involved in this war. Now, this is not what heg seth in an hour in front of reporters, had an opportunity to say and did not say. Is not what President Trump when he was alive in front of a room full of people. He also in making prepare for marks, did not let us know Robes, that we acted because Israel was going to act.
Speaker 3: I was actually shocked, and you immediately looked at me and said, like, what you just said?
Speaker 2: Here was he supposed to say that? Was he allowed to say that?
Speaker 3: Because yes, he said that Israel was going to attack Iran, period, and that if Israel attacked Iran, then the US and its assets, its people there in the region would all be targeted in retaliation. So in Marco Rubio's I'll just sum it up, We'll give the verbatim, but he basically said we had to pre eminently or preventively attack them before they caused more damna and caused more casualties for Americans. We rather would be on the proactive side than the reactive side.
Speaker 1: That's the first time we're hearing it. Maybe robes and we should say he's there on Capitol Hill because he's briefing the Gang of Eight, the top leaders on the Senate and the House. So maybe he was going to have to tell them this. He knew it was going to get out, and he decided it needed to be him.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense, That would make the most sense, That would make the most sense.
Speaker 3: Marco Rubio is a seasoned politician.
Speaker 2: He knows what to do, he knows what not to do.
Speaker 3: He has risen to this level and is certainly a statesman like we haven't seen in a while. He has been a busy, busy Secretary of State. He has the president's ear, and he, I believe, is someone who knows what he's saying. It was shocking to us, but I think you make a very good point. This was likely going to have to be told to members of Congress, period.
Speaker 2: So he went ahead and told the American.
Speaker 1: Public authorized, I'm sure to get ahead of it. But to the rest of us, Robes who for I guess the started overnight overnight Friday, so on Saturday, it's Monday. We've been told pretty a steady stream of reasons for why this had to happen, for why this needed to happen. They left out a pretty big detail, Robes, if Israel had not decided they were going to attack, we would not have.
Speaker 3: That's what it sounded like. They said this was going to happen no matter what. Marco Rubio definitely said that multiple times. He danced around that in terms of it needing to happen now, right now.
Speaker 2: And look, that has been the question from the beginning.
Speaker 3: We've been asking that question, and frankly, the president hadn't been in front of reporters, and neither had hegsath who might be asking those very specific questions. We talked about the folks who they allow into these rooms to ask questions. Aren't the mainstream press that we're used to seeing in previous administrations, And they would have tended to be, you would think, demanding the answer to why now?
Speaker 2: Why this attack now? And they were.
Speaker 3: Never specifically asked that until Marco Rubio stood in front of that gaggle reporters and he was specifically asked about.
Speaker 2: What was the imminent threat? Why did we have to attack now?
Speaker 1: You know, reporters in the room aside, they had an opportunity to tell folks why and I don't know, Robes, that sounds like a even an easier sell, if you will, that we think we were about to be in danger based on something versus what they had been telling the public up until Rubio at least, was there was this threat of missiles they were trying to it didn't It wasn't imminent, it was eventual. But he is shaking things up. So let's let you hear and again as we let you hear now the verbatim exactly what Marco Rubio said, we do want to let you know is getting word of an additional two service members that have been killed in this war and Iran bringing the number to six. We don't have all the details. They also mentioned rope over a dozen or seriously is that they put it seriously wounded as well, So we are following that. But all of that in the midst of Marco Rubio given us. Now, what I guess is the actual justification.
Speaker 3: I mean this look when things don't make sense and we were all scratching our heads forty seven years ago.
Speaker 2: Wait what this makes a lot more sense.
Speaker 3: So here is what Marco Rubio told reporters moments ago. The imminent threat was that we knew that if Iran was attacked, and we believed they would be attacked, they would immediately come after us. We were not going to sit there and absorb a blow before we responded.
Speaker 2: If we waited for them to hit us first.
Speaker 3: After they were attacked by someone else, we would suffer more casualties and more deaths. We went proactively to prevent them from inflicting more damage.
Speaker 2: Had we not done.
Speaker 3: So, there would have been hearings on Capitol Hill about how we knew that this was going to happen, and we didn't act preemptively to prevent more casualties and loss of life.
Speaker 1: If that is there, Look, these are the professionals, and these are the folks we pay good tax payer money right to make these decisions. Who are any of us to saying that this was not a legitimate threat assessment that they did and they felt they needed to make this move. We were discussing this well that in Yahoo. If Trump said don't attack, would he have listened? Was Israel going to do this no matter what the US said?
Speaker 2: A lot of people have already weighed in.
Speaker 3: Again, these comments from Rubio just came out, but a lot of folks are already jumping in and weighing in on that and saying, there's no way Israel would have done this, would have attacked Iran in this way without our without our blessing at the very least.
Speaker 2: And so look, I don't know what goes on between.
Speaker 3: Benjamin Nett Nyahou and President Trump, but it would that would make a lot of sense that Israel would want and some would even argue you need our blessing to pursue this, because we would be then vulnerable to Iran's retaliation with our troops and our assets in the Middle East.
Speaker 1: But rome's how do Americans feel? How will we feel now about this war? I don't know. For some folks, it's a it's a tough sell. Nobody wants the country bogged down and this again, nobody wants to see lives at risk. But Rose does this. This is the problem? Is it not? Every single time? What do you believe? We have the three more most important people probably in this war in the administration spoke today and we don't have a clear picture of what happened. I mean, maybe Marco Rubio finally just let that out, but there that was twelve hours during the day to day and live events. Why they didn't I don't know.
Speaker 3: It erodes some trustworthiness to have three different press conferences with three different headlines, and each time you're learning a.
Speaker 2: Little bit more.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of folks are saying, hey, here in America, we are now targeted as Americans around the world, and certainly we could have isolated retaliatory attacks as well that we're all now subjected to. And certainly so many people in this country are sending their husbands and wives and brothers and sisters and children to go fight this war. Don't we deserve a transparent, honest reason as to why. And when we heard Mark Rubio just a moment ago, it was the first time, at least for me as an American citizen where I was like, oh, now that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying what.
Speaker 3: I feel about the justification of it all, but at least that what he said made more sense in terms of the timing. Nothing that President Trump or Pete Hexseth said made sense about the immediate, immediate need.
Speaker 2: To go in now.
Speaker 1: Ah, So you're actually saying, even though we got it late, it makes the most sense.
Speaker 2: It does. It makes the most sense. And I do think though the United.
Speaker 3: States obviously had their own motivations for wanting to support Israel or at least combine efforts with Israel, maybe maybe President Trump saw Israel's decision or their desire to do this now as an opportunity to take out a threat that they felt like was in fact building. And look, Marco Rubio and President Trump bo said this, the hardest hits are yet to come. They say they have a significant amount of attacks happening now and in the future.
Speaker 2: So this is far from over. And I don't understand that part of it.
Speaker 3: I would think when you go into war, and you go in and you're trying to take out leaders, and you're trying to create chaos and destroy infrastructure and military capabilities, you would put your biggest and boldest foot forward.
Speaker 2: But apparently the hardest hits are yet to come.
Speaker 1: What do we know about military?
Speaker 2: Certainly I know nothing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, stay here, folks, this meeting is happening now. Officials on Capitol Hill are being briefed. Maybe they are getting updated about the information he gave before he went into that briefing. Marco Rubio, he's meeting with the so called Gang of eight. Exactly who's in that crew? We'll tell you. Stay here, all right, We continue here on Amy and TJ. After hearing what like you say, rogues might make the most sense as to a justification for this war. Marco Rubio telling reporters a short time ago that in fact, the US had intelligence that Israel was going to attack Iran. The US made the determination that Iran would then turn around and target US interest, so they joined in for this attack. This gang of eight, interesting name, but it goes to most of these at this point are household names. Bro put the Gang of As made up of four House members and four members of the US Senate.
Speaker 2: That is great.
Speaker 3: So well to be concerned with the House, You've got the Rick Crawford who's a Republican, who's the chair, Jim Hines who's the Democrat. They're from the House Committee on Intelligence. And then you have Tom Cotton, Republican, very familiar name, should be a household name, another one, Mark Warner, a Democrat from Virginia.
Speaker 2: And then on yeah, in the House that we've.
Speaker 1: Got the Speaker and the Minority Leader of CHROs Mike Johnson and King Jefferies. They absolutely are household names. And then John Thune and Chuck Schumer the majority of minor leader Minorita leader in the Senate having that meeting right now. I assume they're getting the information that we just got about Israel. This is I don't know how this is going to be free You go ahead, Yeah, No, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just saying right now they're saying, it's Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseeth, CIA Director John Ratcliffe, and General Dan Kaine, who we saw the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff with hegseeth earlier. Today they are going to brief the full membership of Congress as well. But apparently this gang of eight knew about the attack shortly before it happened, so they were made aware. They weren't asked what they thought about it necessarily or allowed to weigh in on it, but they were at least notified.
Speaker 2: We did find that out. They knew it was happening shortly before it happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a heads up. But folks, yeah, we didn't expect this from Rubio, but Rubio just got our attention certainly, and we had to get it confirmed.
Speaker 3: Rose.
Speaker 1: We were actually watching a network at the time when we heard it, and for whatever reason, it wasn't the headline when the next show started, and we thought, okay, maybe we were wrong, maybe we didn't hear this right. And sure enough, the anchor of that show as soon as she tossed to the correspondent at the White House wrope, she tossed to her asking one question and the reporter ignored it.
Speaker 3: She was like, actually, can we go back to what Marco Rubio just said because and so we were both like thank you, because our jaws were dropped weight this is the first time we are hearing that the Secretary of State is telling reporters that our decision to attack Iran was influenced by Israel. That's a massive headline that we had not heard certainly were not told that before.
Speaker 1: Just now. That is a different justification and reasoning for this war and for why those stories, I mean, those that back and forth will continue. But right now, folks, we are at war and there are six American service members who have been killed, at least eighteen injured seriously, and this continues. We appreciate you spending some time with us. Will always hop on and update you when those updates come to us, So we appreciate you as always.
Speaker 3: On t J.
Speaker 1: Holmes on behalf of hemy A rope back Google Talking