Speaker 1: Yo, yo yo, it's your boy Jody Man. Y'all make sure y'all check me on the Bootleg Kid Podcast show.
Speaker 2: Yo man, it's the Bootleg Cab Show. Bootlet Cab Podcast Special guests didnt here? I got drody?
Speaker 1: Yo yo? What's going down?
Speaker 2: Finally? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Been a minute.
Speaker 2: Huh welcome man for people who don't know. You're from Age Town.
Speaker 1: Right now from Freeport sixas where's that? It's like an hour south of Houston?
Speaker 2: So okay, so is that like where's that in that coordination to like Bay City or where OT's all right? So uh like in that direction right here?
Speaker 1: Freeport's down here and base Cities over here, Like Base City is an hour away from Freeport. It's a different county and everything.
Speaker 2: Got it? Yeah, what's it like?
Speaker 1: There is like ship boring as fuck.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We got like it's like this much town and then like this much plants all around it. So everybody, you know, we really just go to school and then grow up and the plants not like plants. Yeah, like be a welder, pipe fitter operators.
Speaker 2: Is there any like products that get bottled or manufactured?
Speaker 1: Oh? This is like this is like big industrial shit. So like we got like diw and being safe. They make like the chemicals that they send to like Ford.
Speaker 2: Or like so it's like a plant city.
Speaker 1: So they made like chemicals and they grow up.
Speaker 2: You go work at the plant, you retire, you get your pension.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 2: Did you ever work at any of these plants?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When I when I first graduated, I had my first son on the way, so I had to, you know, go in there because it's like a cheek hole. Really we blessed at the same time, but also it sucks getting stuck in it. But I mean I was fifteen, I mean eighteen, just graduated making fifteen an hour, so I was pretty good, you know for the time.
Speaker 2: Not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like a lot of high school kids get out doing minimum wage. Shit, we were able to just.
Speaker 2: Go what were you doing handling chemicals and shit?
Speaker 1: Now, Hell, when I started, I was a laborer. So like when the concrete would come poor formed for the new construction, like all the little spills on the side were like breaking with sledgehimmers, throwing wheelbarrows and go dump it off for like pick up trash. Like when they would take the forms off, the concrete will pick up all.
Speaker 2: The wood and you're doing all the grunt work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like labor, all the bullshita, picking up trash sometimes.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Texas. Man, it's a huge state. I drove across it twice. It never ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the That's like I used to go to calling a Lot and that's have to drive to kelly Is, Texas. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why would you go to calay a lot ship?
Speaker 1: You know, just scooping up packs, working, trying to make some bread. Yeah, same reason everybody go to Kelly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So how long have you been wrapping dropping ship? Man?
Speaker 1: Like two years?
Speaker 2: So you're pretty new.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I always wanted to wrap I just never took that shit serious. Like I was like fucking around because I had older cousins that wrapped.
Speaker 2: And you're pretty like you're a good like you're dope, Like you've got a great, like fucking clean flow for somebody who just started rapping appreciated man.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, you know I've been I've been working on it about two years now, just consistently, you know, trying to make it my priority and you know, putting the work in. So I'm excited.
Speaker 2: So what got you kind of like into the rap game? Was it just like like I want to get to how you mad ot, because you guys have been working together for a long time. But just like in terms of like what was the motivating factor to push you over the edge to actually start like dropping stuff and getting in the booth and records?
Speaker 1: Man, I would always be getting in trouble where I'm man, and uh, it's a it's a small area, you know, so like if you're doing something kind of even a little bit big, everybody gonna know. So uh, just get in trouble a lot down there. I had a big case man, almost got locked up for a long time. And uh after that, you know, my Lord told me like once we're going through it, like once he thought I had a chance of beating it. He's like, if we get off of this, like you gotta do something else, Like because.
Speaker 2: You got how many kids?
Speaker 1: You got three?
Speaker 2: Three kids? I mean so you got you want to you know, you don't want to be incarcerated.
Speaker 1: And how would your oldest kid he just turned ten.
Speaker 2: Oh you got a little little human and a little real man little man. Is he a smart ass?
Speaker 1: Hey? Yeah, you be talking bad talking ship Like he's just he like in smart classes. So you know, he's just smart and like.
Speaker 2: Is he into like the YouTube channels and all these like TikTokers?
Speaker 1: Not too much now he's he like likes to play video games and uh like he reads and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah he just started watching like some YouTube ship, but be like about games and ship.
Speaker 2: So talk talk to me. How did you and OT initially link up?
Speaker 1: Oh? Ship? I was, you know, selling weed to one of his homeboys, and he just was like, Ship, my homeboy need some weed, and I pulled up weed. It was yeah, it was Ot. And then I was already doing music. I just had to drop Ship, Like I said, my lawyer had just told me, you know a little bit before that, like you know, you gotta find something else to do. And I told him, like, man, I'm only connected with weed and with music. I know people only those two things, So I like fucking might have to start working with the music seriously. And that not too long after. I started trying to take it seriously. When I'm in OT and uh, just smoking, chilling with him every day, was just working on music. It's just like made me work harder and faster than seeing him work. You know. He when I met him, he was already a professional, like he wasn't famous then, But I would always tell people like he's a professional rapper, Like he got fucking ten verses in his head. He could spit right now. You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, for sure, he's like a rapper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he's a rapper. You know what I'm saying. You know there's rappers, but I would always tell me like he's a rapper, rapper, a short rapper, yeah, and him helping me out, you know, with shit and just seeing him do it. Ship, I'm like, damn, it's food a real rapper.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys got like a pretty dope chemistry. Like I feel like you guys are like some fucking snooping Dre Havocan prodigy, you know, some famillionaire Paul Wall type shit got you know, going on in terms of just like you guys sounds so good together on records like acid Man, that boutdown freestyle is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like that ship. You know it's crazy about that ship. Bro. I didn't know that was a West Coast bat really ever I was. I grew up, you know what I'm saying. I'm from I'm not from Houston, but like so close to Houston that I grew up on all the Houston ship. So hearing that freestyle we had in Houston, there's a DJ screw and big pokey freestyle on that beat and it slowed down like that. Yeah, so I thought it was a big pokey song. And then not till I went to make the song, the actual freestyle. When I went to download the beat, when I was looked up big pokey body and instrumental, and then pop up it popped up ice cube and I skipped over like we're the fun the big pokey one. And then finally I was like, man, listen to this one, like, oh ship, yeah, it's this one, but that one was sped up.
Speaker 2: West Side Connection, man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not sped up, but like it was regular speed. The regular used to hearing the slow down one that I was like, what the fuck this is crazy, that's crazy. Shout out with.
Speaker 2: That album, man, west Side Connection. There's some great There's a song there called Gangs Killing the Dope Dealer.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta check it out. You know, there's still some more beats because they'll be having some harder as beats out here, especially like old school West Coast for sure. These go crazy. They just make you on a wrap.
Speaker 2: So when you were up in Houston, Like, what was like because I feel like I don't want to because I'm thinking, like, let's see, O five six is probably like the peak Houston tom like in terms of like Mike Jones and all those guys going crazy. So like, what when you were growing up, were you listening to like a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're listening to like my first my two first rad rappers that I remember, it was fifty Cent and Slim Thug. So it was like little because I would always watch the BT growing up, right, and so it was a little bit of like the mainstream shit that I would here on TV. But most of it was like just shit that my cousins were listening to. My older cousins because they used to wrap too, would be freestyling in their garage and I was like little riding my bike down to alley and I just thought it was cool as fuck and just people in school, you know, we all just jam a lot of Houston shit.
Speaker 2: Because it was one of the ones for show, Yeah, shout.
Speaker 1: Out slipped up. Man, He's the first person I really tapped in with like that in Houston already.
Speaker 2: Platinum is a fucking classic. Yeah for sure, working with the Neptunes and shit.
Speaker 1: It's going crazy and independent and shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why it was so. I remember like seeing him in like the magazines and all the cars and houses and ship like fake. I'm like, what what is he doing?
Speaker 1: I remember, I remember that should being the big deal. I remember hearing like he was one of the only rappers at the time that had the real house on cribs and all the real ship you know, it was in like all stage real ship on it.
Speaker 2: What's crazy.
Speaker 1: It was the biggest brazer in me always, you know, like I'm independent right now, I'm still independent, and you know a lot of people that try to sign me different deals and type ship. And I always asked Slim through for advice, like, man, what's up man? At the end of the day, you know something.
Speaker 2: You could get a little up front bag, but yeah, but.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, he's like, you know, independent long term, that's what you want to do the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you get off of something that makes sense the right time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you could get a good demn the same every deals bullshit like ship. I mean, deals do help people, but just me, man, I don't know. I just can't have somebody telling me like do this.
Speaker 2: Also, like if you're if you're on a major or you sign a deal, it's a lot harder for you to put out a song like bow down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like like we got dropped, Like what why is music? Because I wasn't even trip on getting paid on it. Like when I dropped it, I was making no money on it. It was you know, he got copyrighted. I wasn't. I ain't give a folk though, And you know everybody tell them how you tripping? Put another bet I can make money this and that. I'm like, this is what I wanted over and besides the exposure, it's just like this is to me was hard well to me.
Speaker 2: It's like also like if back in the day, like you said, like you found that record through Big Pokey and it's like the mixtape error is like lost, Like people aren't spassing out on known beats anymore, and I feel like we it's what's.
Speaker 1: Missing damn for real, like beats. I don't know if you've heard like.
Speaker 2: No, I know you do that a lot and you do that a lot like you did twenty fours. You know, by the way, did you get copyrighted on the T I ship? I know it's slowed down.
Speaker 1: I haven't because I changed it up a little bit. Yeah, but I was it tripping when I dropped either. It was the same mindset, like I don't get paid, even though I spent all this money on getting you know, the video done and all the people on it. If I don't get you know what I'm saying, no money, I don't give a I just want to do it.
Speaker 2: Because you guys dropped a NB writers remake what was it? Which was pretty It was pretty girl, yeah, and then it got taken down. But then you guys redid it with with Magic and shopped the video on Phoenix. It's not out yet, right.
Speaker 1: Nah, it was supposed to drop, but I'm not sure what was going on.
Speaker 2: Because that's gonna come out through Nasty Records.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the song originally it was my song. I dropped it with OT and.
Speaker 2: I remember I told you when you played it for me, I was like, y'all, y'all gonna.
Speaker 1: Get hit for that? Told me. Yeah. So the thing about that was not.
Speaker 2: It's not Magic. It was there's records. It's the lady in Texas.
Speaker 1: MC Magic hit me up. Sorry about that. You know, I had nothing to do with that. But before all that, uh, some dude, I guess he was in MVY Riders. I ain't a lie. I don't know the members names. The only one who knows EMC Magic. But somebody that wasn't inmbie Riders hit me up on ig When I first dropped it was yeah, talking ship like that's fucked up. You ain't breaking me off this and that? Who is my mom? Like im even making money off this whole he got copyrighted.
Speaker 2: I'm not zig Zagging Los or the other guy. It's probably zig Zagger hit you up.
Speaker 1: I'm not even sure if somebody was definitely talking it on Instagram. And then I got an email like hey, you know when we need you to take this record down, I said, fuck, I'm not gonna do shit too. You know, they pull it down and fuck it.
Speaker 2: I'm just MAT's not a hater. Magic's amazing and Madress the kind of guy who like he's in a position where he could like like he'd rather help you and.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, now, then when it did get took it down and that's when Magic hit me up. It was like, hey, you know I heard about what happened. Sorry about that I had do with that. He's like, how about I give you a new beat and I'm gonna re sing the hook for you so it won't be a sample. The more I was like bet So then when he sent it to me, he was like, hey, I want to ahead him put a verse on there too. I was like all right, bet and then he was like man, a little bit later, once I send him my ship and no t shit beat, He's like, man, what if I drop it on my you know, on my platform because it's the original came out in two thousand and four, so this will be like a twenty year anniversary type shit. And I was like, shit, fuck it, I'm not tripping.
Speaker 2: Did you guys realize? I mean, were you being Mexican? But I feel like text Mexicans are different, man, Uh, but I grew up in Phoenix.
Speaker 1: Magic test is like, you know, it's our guy, you know, slim thug.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying like, I know he came out at the show in Tempe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was love.
Speaker 2: Man's going I'm gonna say you guys like understand how popping like magic was, like it is like sixty days a year.
Speaker 1: I remember being a little on it, like I was kind of young at the time to where like I wasn't, you know, really fucking with the hose yet when that ship was out. But I remember like my older cousins and aunts and brothers jamming that ship. It was like, you know what I'm saying, I would hear it everywhere and that sound, you know what I'm saying, you can't mistaken from that else for sure. So he a legend for show and uh yeah, just meeting him and being able to do the song with him and hire fucking with me, it was cool. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's got to be coming out if you gotta shot a fucking video.
Speaker 1: For it's coming out for show. I just I think it's some shit going on with like ots on it now, and it's like an official release they got to do. Yeah, D's got his album. Yeah, it wasn't nothing, no pay how it is.
Speaker 2: They're probably gonna have to wait for the OT album to dropy.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about that that might be what it is. Something.
Speaker 2: I just know that because he's gonna want to put Ot as a primary artist, and then that's gonna bump OT's last release off of his main It's just that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some shit, but the video is hard, the song is hard. MC magic went crazy, all went crazy, you know, T went crazy And I'm excited for everybody to hear it because people still missing me about that ship. Then there every day like what happens to pretty Girl, either asking about the old one, the original me and O T drop or when is the new one coming up?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Either way? They asking about this shit though?
Speaker 2: Are you guys like you said, like I mean, dude, when you're on a record, like when you first heard Johnny Dang you and you because you got for people who don't know how radio works. Unfortunately for Paul Wall, his verse is always getting cut off if it's getting played in the mix, damn, because the third verse never gets played.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 2: So your verse is always getting played on the radio if it's in the mix, because anytime someone's playing songs in the mix, like but on the turntables, there's always two verses and mix out. But did you like when you first cut that record, like when y'all heard it, like, did you have I mean, it's a hard record, but did you have any idea would have like the commercial success? Nah?
Speaker 1: Hell no, it was it was just another song. Like I said, when me and O T first linked up, all we did would I would go to his apartment, We'll go to his balcony and we would play beats and smoke and just write. And it was just another song, you know that we had fucking like in the cut. We got more songs unreleased than we got released, and it was just another one of the songs on there. And we had actually shot the video and everything, me and OT. And then when the label heard it, they fucked through it. They was like, hold on to this, we're gonna put on the album. Nah, it was just me and O T. They were like, don't drop it. You know, we liked the song. We want to put some money behind it. So too like bet he didn't drop it. And then a little bit later they're like, we're gonna put keylock on it. It was in the studio when they told him that. I was like, hey, yeah, it's gonna be live. He's like, they want me to take you off though, I was like ship I'm a trip and keylock, you know what I mean. Yeah, but like you know what I'm saying. But I'm saying like, yeah, I didn't want to hold it backed off like ship. Yeah, Like I because I was with OT before he got Sounded Table.
Speaker 2: I get it songs together. If they take yeah, like.
Speaker 1: Him being him being signed to the label, I already knew you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, they gonna have some control over Ship too. And I was like, I'm not tripping. I'm not trying to you know, And he just got signed with them. I don't want to fuck your relationship being like not fuck that this or that, like go ahead and uh O T though was like, now fuck that. I'm telling they could add him, but they got to keep you on there. I'm like, I told him, I but you know what I'm saying, at the end of the day, I'm not tripping, bro, like ship do you think? And then I never heard nothing back after that. And then a little bit later once we got being on managing O T. That's whenever they said Paul Wall was gonna be on it, I was like more excited about that because you know, I grew up listening to Paul Wall, I was like, hey, yeah, that's live as fucked. But I still didn't think like, oh this wing go crazy. The only thing I remember thinking because the first video before we shot at ot knew somebody that knew Johnny Ding's brother, Like, we get Johnny Ding's brother in the video. I was like, hell no, if it's not Johnny Day, yeah, we gotta get yeah, like fuck that.
Speaker 2: We got to get actual Johnny Dang in the video.
Speaker 1: So whenever they said Paul Wall, that's the first thing I thought was like, we could get Johnny Dang in his whole out for real because the original video we wanted to have him in there, we just didn't known.
Speaker 2: So you guys shot a whole video prior without did you guys have any sort of Asian in it at all?
Speaker 1: That's why I told him to you. I like, we can't just put his brother.
Speaker 2: That's that's fucking that's Derek Ja.
Speaker 1: That ship was funny as fucked though, But yeah, I was like nah, so yeah, man, I was excited about just having Johnny Dang in it for real and meeting Paul Wall because, like I said, I FOCU with Paul. Paul was like the best, Yeah, truest, fun and uh yeah. So then that happened, and then when it dropped. You know what I'm saying, ship to label, just push the fuck out the hell they had the hell everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember I would have got on a wrap came I was like, oh ship this.
Speaker 1: Is yeah, yeah that ship too. They you know they did. That's why I said having the labels cool too. I just you know what I'm saying right now, just trying to keep doing my own thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for you, all the songs you guys have unreleased, you guys gotta do some sort of like a fucking dog Pound type project or something. It's just you and OT.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody'd be asking about that, man, But a lot of shit we got it's kind of old. I'd rather just drop it as singles. And if we do do a project, i'd rather have like all new ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So what's where's the chick?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Although like just dropped, just like I got a song. Yeah, Like I'm dropping a song with OT hopefully this month. As soon as the video's done, I'm dropping it. That's another thing with the label, Like I had been in talks with some with some record companies and you know, like I had a song coming up, They're like, oh, well, don't you can't drop Yeah, we want to do this, do that, And that already kind of made me not sign the deal. Like you know what, I'm just.
Speaker 2: So, you've had a lot of people reaching out trying to sign you.
Speaker 1: Not a lot, but a few. Yeah. Yeah, And did you get close at all? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Like I said, like, I was in talks with one of them, and you know, they were asking me what was this and now I'm gonna do this song here Like we'll wait too, you know, we do the record deal and then we want to put some money behind it and this and that, and I was like, man, I got to drop something this month. They was trying to drop it not till next month. So that was like while they're trying to give me the sign. So I was just like, man, I don't like this.
Speaker 2: How did you get involved? Like, because you know, you obviously wrap a lot about moving packs. It's part of your brand is weed. Yeah, shout to the Drodie pack? Is that a thing that people can buy in Texas?
Speaker 1: Nah? So Drodi bro. It was really me and my cousin in twenty fifteen started like a smoker brand, like we were doing rolland trays and uh jars and shit was called jet Pack and then we found out somebody had the name of jet Pack, so we changed it to Dody.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, because we're the j Pack guys.
Speaker 1: Nah, so that's the thing. We heard of another brand called jet Pack, Like all, we gotta change it. But so the next name was Doty because when I was young, we called the Droe Doty, but then nobody called it that for the longest, so we changed the Dody. We're like, yeah, were gonna bring that shit back. And then on my way to work one time that Drake in Future album came out twenty fifteen, it was like I fell in love with the Dody and I was like, damn, they don't think we copy Drake now, So like we got to change it again. And then I just came came up with dro Dy because my name is you know, it starts with the R, So I just threw the R in there.
Speaker 2: It was Droe.
Speaker 1: It just made sense. It sounded tire, like fucking try. I made a little logo and then they just stuck everybody you know who's catching well.
Speaker 2: They always say, like, if you're in Texas, are they passing off like light depths as indoor out there?
Speaker 1: Man takes bro, It's fucked though, a lot of people just smoke whatever. You know what I'm saying. What I'm saying, I feel like back then, I would.
Speaker 2: Like California, you can pass a lot of ship off.
Speaker 1: It's like right, I mean even in California, Bro, I've been to some dispensary it says top shows no dispensary. Yeah, Like like everywhere, it's a lot of people that ain't really educated on weed. And especially when like the cool ast bags came out, people were getting cool ass bags and just putting yeah, and people that were buying on thinking yes, it's this, or like I remember having like you know, some fucking ship from the Bay with Gelato was first knew and like, yeah it's gelato. You know it's four hundreds. They're like, damn, my boy had Gelatto for two hundreds. Yeah, I'm like, go ahead, but they got it. They're just not educated though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: For what's the thing is like you could buy and I remember we were in Michigan and went to the liquor store and they had a bunch of bootlegt fucking bags for we Yeah, yeah, take cookies bags.
Speaker 1: And that's the ship I don't get because the motherfuckers that are buying these bags from the people that sell them weed, they go to the corner store to get papers and they see the same badge just about weed then, but they assume all those are fake and mine is real. I'm like, no, it's crazy. I still like my weed. I'll be having like when I when I be you know what I'm saying getting my weed, Like I don't get this crazy bag and my just still being sandwich bags.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's it's funny too because like people fucking they don't even care about how ship smokes anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just look at the bag and I want this one, this one. Or they'll see some ship in the sandwich back and be like, oh no, they don't even look at it. They just think like one of the exotics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then the new ship is like those like fucking white nuggets.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's the next big skim. You know, She's always something bro that ship. Yeah. I'm like I always tell people if you have good weed smoking that. Yeah, we have good weed. Why are you gonna do all that?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna cover it? Yeah? It's like how high do you need to get?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I said, a lot of people are is not educated. A lot of people see that and be like, oh, she doesn't get your highest fun. And I'm sure it does get your highest fun. But ain't nothing What are you smoking though? Like, yeah, ain't nothing better than just some good just good. We just we by itself all the extra ship.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite too? Hash? Well, you guys are very much shout out a puff co bro, these guys take care of you, cope and blessing the whole, the whole team.
Speaker 1: Man shout out that shout out slap was too.
Speaker 2: You can't shout out slap with podcast. We have to shout out to King Pomps you're sucking my bag?
Speaker 1: What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Shots a King pom cut tobacco free. No, uh, that's like a dabber.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, so this this is an e rig that call it you know what the rig is right torches ship.
Speaker 2: So there's just I only hit this with you guys. Yeah, and it's it's very it's very it's.
Speaker 1: Just convenient, bro, you know what I mean with the torch and a torch and waiting for the cool love burning to all.
Speaker 2: This is like cool process is handled in that little thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I travel a lot, so it's just way better.
Speaker 2: This guy dabs and like he's got it's like a science project.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a timer and that's a that's a that's a whole thing too. Dabbing like that's cool. You know, there's a lot of people say that, you know this, this shit sucks and the other ways better, and it's cool. I feel what they're saying. But like for me traveling around doing all this ship, this is the best way for me. And not only that when.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to pull out a torture all.
Speaker 1: That extra shit, but not only that for people that just started off make because for me, I first tried dabs in like twenty fifteen, maybe fourteen. But I remember it was like, you know, they were heating the ship up and I took it was too hot, burn the ship on my throat. I said, fuck, dabs. I ain't get back on it til years later. This is like a good way to get into it because you can do low temper, it won't kill your and it tastes good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he took advantage of me. This was early on.
Speaker 1: This was just because people didn't know. That's the thing. Nobody really knew. We were all dabbing hot on.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: That shit was terrible.
Speaker 2: Bro, I was that's just.
Speaker 1: A learning process, you know what I'm saying. And like it's a little bit later, like oh, cool it off for a minute. And later they came out a little temperature readers and ship and now you're doing this.
Speaker 2: It goes there's always a new thinking. It's like what's the new trend? And now it's like those fucking.
Speaker 1: Snowballs, which are so bro they don't even smell up and they're like wet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm like, bro, it's just moon rocks. Re remarketed, Bro, Yeah that are you. I mean its sprays weed. There's a lot of spray were going out. People love it because it smells like fucking cereal or it smells so good and it tastes good. But it's like, bro, that's not natural.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, I didn't know that. So people on the packs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people love it's you'll open the pack and be like Damn, this is smell just like cander. This just smell just like wow in this spray. But like I said, a lot of people ain't educated about weeds are like, oh, my weed tastes better than your ship. This is better. I'm like, bro, you're smoking vape juice. We But they'll be like, ah, it's turpy is this and that? I'm like, Manu, when someone starts trying to explain to me why this ship is not bullshit, it just made me.
Speaker 2: Feel like it's bullshit. What's your favorite strain?
Speaker 1: Man? Right now, I feel like everything's fucking candy. But I've been on the hunt for some good ass classic gelato with that like funky throw up as smell, like some twenty sixteen gelato. That's what I want right now. I ain't had that ship in the minute, everything just being candy, and then I got this ship. It's some og cushion. It's hard to find good old g's nowadays too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ogi cushes there.
Speaker 1: And that's shit, you know. I like ogs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, it's funny because like, what about you?
Speaker 1: What should be fucking when you like that candy ship?
Speaker 2: So typically I'm a og cush guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: Uh. I like like, I'm not like I'm a weed kind of sore in the terms that like I moved packs a lot in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I bet you're fucking Kelly. For everybody said weed or.
Speaker 2: Has so we and I know that, Like the candies are what sALS like because yeah, because because fucking motherfuckers who sell weed, they want it, they want they it has to have the.
Speaker 1: Nose has love frosty.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be frosty. I'm just like, yo, I'm just if I'm smoking, I'm just trying to get high, you know what I mean. I give a about so. I definitely I love og cush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, That's what I tell people.
Speaker 2: O G is like like like I love like Wizard Kalifa cush.
Speaker 1: I want to try the real Khalifa cush.
Speaker 2: Burner burner cereal milk. The cookie cereal milk shit is cool. The Gary Payton shit is cool.
Speaker 1: I had some fire from the cookie store like a year or two ago. It was called quick saying. It was like that, you know, he's.
Speaker 2: Got a dope dope strain is Davis. Uh his he He's got a a dope ass. I think it's called East co it's like a cush It's good.
Speaker 1: Damn. I think that's the dude that we saw in New York. Bro, it was outside smoking last week when was in New York by that studio where two pot gust shot, Yeah, and a five year old four was having an album released. Yeah, he pulled up in a Matt Blue escalator. Bro, that hell was nasty. I didn't know who he was or nothing. I don't that whole pulled up. Everybody was just how crazy?
Speaker 2: I mean that bitch. I don't know how often you guys have been going to New York, but isn't it crazy when you go to New York? How open they are with we now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard it used to be insane streets. Yeah, like the now you go to the corner store and buy a fucking eighth.
Speaker 1: Bro, we're walking around the Times Square shooting video smoking weed encompasses right.
Speaker 2: Shrooms from the bodega. Yeah, it's fucking.
Speaker 1: Crazy, it is. You're was cool, though, man, I fuck with New York.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're ever going to legalize uh recreational in Texas?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I ain't gonna lie. I kind of hope they don't because I used to come and CALLI take Kelly trips. Before it was recreational. It was way better after twenty eighteen when that shit changed. That shit kind of lame, you know what I'm saying. Well, the week it's worse, just like now, Like you could get pulled over and you know you can't smoke and drive no more.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, if you get if you get pulled over and the car smells like we they're yanking you out in Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're yanking you out, but they're not gonna give you a d U. I like, you know, legal starting to take you to jail though, right? If you have wheed in the good yeah, a weed and a gun, yeah, like every time you get put ouse, I always have both. I don't know. I've always had a boat. But if it's just weed, I would guess it depends on the officer.
Speaker 2: They want to be cool Texas. He's in Austin, Austin, the cops are. I ain't gonna lie to that.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I've seen some videos of Austin police fucking fools up, But every time I'm in Austin the cops are the coolest motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Chilling so that's the thing that Houston is decriminalized. But where I stay, like it sounds like it's the same ship. Bro. It's a whole criminal world in Houston. Yeah, But where I stay, no, it's like it's only an hour away, but it's a whole different world. Bro, smart right backed up, Like they'll hang you for some weed like take yeah, take it to jail and like make it seem like you're a dangerous.
Speaker 2: Did you grow up doing redneck stuff like o t no, hell no.
Speaker 1: So my my in the valley, I would like do some country ship because my grandpa had a farm out there. But I ain't gonna hated that.
Speaker 2: Have you met his cousin, Jordan's mother, Charlie Jordan? Bro, he cuts his fu I'm like this, this is a fucking podcast.
Speaker 1: He looks like fucking Rambow or something. He's like.
Speaker 2: Before I had like nineteen guns in the truck bumping Mike Jones.
Speaker 1: That's funny as fuck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Texas different, man, where we it's just special, bro. Like I always, you know, try to leave the other place, but I'll be missing it when I'm going.
Speaker 2: I fuck with Texas. The only thing that fucks with me is it's just so flat, like there's no like a landscape to enjoy, Like here you might leave and there's just a mountain.
Speaker 1: Bro. I remember, like Texas is just flat. I remember getting like new cars and like trying to get like I always try to get, like the top tree, getting the platinum escalator had like all kind of features.
Speaker 2: Did you have a Christ for three hundred?
Speaker 1: Yeahding you have a charger?
Speaker 2: Did you have a Dodge Magnum No, I got asked, you.
Speaker 1: Know, no, I had the three hundred on Swingers though shot.
Speaker 2: To the three hundred. Those are all like the entry level we dealer cars. You know.
Speaker 1: My first car when I was first bought a car, it was a Buick. I feel like every we man had a Buick.
Speaker 2: Bro. The Christ for three hundred came and fucked the game up because it looked like a Bentley.
Speaker 1: And then was cheap and it was affordable.
Speaker 2: I could get that what's this Bentley? People would actually put that Bentley grill on the Chrysler.
Speaker 1: I remember that the was Royce grills on them.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when it was on what was that race card game?
Speaker 1: Midnight Club?
Speaker 2: Midnight club? My position, you know, I mean they had the Chrysler on the front.
Speaker 1: Then they had to slim thug like the boss on there that had that pop wall sitting sideways on there. Bro. That shit was loud as fuck.
Speaker 2: They don't like games like that no more. Yeah, you need to make that ship. They need to make better race card games, and they need another snowboard game like SSX back in the day.
Speaker 1: I never played that one.
Speaker 2: It's probably pasture before your time. I'm old. I'm over. I'm thirty six old too. Well, you got a ten year old, what are you like twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight? Yeah, yeah, I had my son though earlier I had got eighty girl putting when I was seventeen.
Speaker 2: Me too, And so I got my girl pregnant when I was seventeen. I had my kid when I was eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. Yeah, so I had to get started working straight out of high school.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so you and I had a kid at the same exact time, because I an eighteen year old right now. So when you're my age, you'll have an eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be tight. I'll be youngster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got grown ass man living in my house there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're still together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take him to shows and I mean you met him, but he was at the t show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that's just tight man.
Speaker 2: Yeah what what First of all, what's the craziest because you guys just embarked on I guess the two parts of a tour because it was kind of like you guys kind of split the tour up. Yeah, it was like because then you guys went back to other cities where and doubled up the venue size. Yep, because even in La you guys were at Echo Plex, I think the Echo and then you came back into the Novo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, upgrade.
Speaker 2: What's the craziest tour story you got so far?
Speaker 1: Tour story?
Speaker 2: Like any wild groupies, any just even dude groupies, fucking they're the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be some weird motherfuckers bro fucking just waiting and ship, Like some people will like find out what we're standing in the hotels and ship and that just be outside waiting. You know, I didn't want to say that. That's the person I thought would say that explained o't bss.
Speaker 2: Is it a midget?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it a midget that looked like Paul Wall kind of he don't really even look like he was yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know him, No, but he's a midget. Was Paul Son.
Speaker 1: They called him little Paul Wall.
Speaker 2: Where's he at?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He follows a lot of cities, bro, so.
Speaker 2: He'd be following all around.
Speaker 1: She did for a few days.
Speaker 2: If he touched the pedals in the car someone driving him around.
Speaker 1: I ain't think about that. I don't think can he drive?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh ship. It was weird though, man, because he was like, I don't know how to fun. Somehow he got backstage and you know, they had to tell him to leave. He went right under that. Yeah, but I remember he uh, they kicked him off from the backstage and then we chilling, you know, doing the meeting. Read next we see he in the MIDI re line like, Bro, we just keep it off back stead. It's gonna be awkward. You're gonna walk up here like, hey.
Speaker 2: Don't let me, don't let me hang out with y'all just kicked me out. I'm getting little pau fucking hammered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, bro, and I need a midget up people out. It got funnier though, so he was there. We did the show. On that show, it was the one where O t pulled up the dude that looked like him that went viral looking like we were calling Peter Griffin. So when we're leaving the show, I don't know how to fuck him and little Paul on the side of the road, like what the fuck? Bro? That ship was funny than the vision, But you guys, it was another car. What was we at? Who was with me in that car? We split up two different cars, but somebody was chasing us. Bro was chase It was definitely no, It was like, no, yeah, it was definitely on some gangster ship. Because after we left, all the fans were like is around trying to take pictures And once we left, this car was already at the corner waiting on us. So we took off and it was for sure Kelly. It wasn't Kelly. It was for sure to Stollo though. Because the light was out, I could just tell, like something, they just you know, that's a car they hit licks in and they was following us like at first we wasn't sure, and we started doing it and then we start spinning up breaking laws.
Speaker 2: When you when you're in hitting that like California, like Mexican politics are very complicated and it feels like Texas yard a lot more chill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't be giving the funk.
Speaker 2: But out here it's like very like there's like the south Siders in the North Side. I heard Man, and it's very like, you know, it's a thing. It's a part of the culture. It is what it is. Unfortunate's prison ship that bleeds out.
Speaker 1: I've heard Man. I had a homeboy that went to school with Man, that was super close with that was out from out here Man from all his people were from Riverside, shut out. My boy Israel man Uh. And he would always explain to us, like you know, when he first moved there, like he just acted way different, was like kind of weird and shit because the way, like you know, just the way it wasn't Calian that we had to keep saying like now it's not like that over here, bro, like we all fuck with each other, you know what I'm saying. It took him a while, but like after a while, you know, kind of got used to it. But when he first moved over there, he was like, Man, you are weird over here. What the fuck y'all ain't real.
Speaker 2: Miskings, Like you guys are all hanging out not being kind of racist.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nah, And it was hard for me because Robin selling weed. I was selling weed in high school. And uh, I fucked with everybody, bro, the Meskins, the blacks, the whites to pour, the rich, the dudes, the hoes or you know what I'm saying, everybody, and uh, my Meskan homeboys were always like, man, I don't know why you fuck with him? And then my black homeboys would be like, man, you know what I'm saying, y'all ain't trying to do nothing this or that. I'm like, bro, I don't be mixing you know what I'm saying. My money was. I was never into gags. I don't mix my money with no you know what I'm saying. Beef shit Like, bro, I'm trying to make some bread funk all that beef and ship. Yeah, I don't know. And Cali. If I looked in Calian know, they probably would have been tripping on that in high school.
Speaker 2: It's just definitely different, Like you just notice that even the way y'all talk like, it's just different, Like it's a different culture. It's like that what everybody.
Speaker 1: I like it though, That's why I like like when I'm out here it's like different. I fuck with it all my homewoks I got out here, and then when I'm in New York, it's totally different than both of them, and I fuck with my homewoks I got out there.
Speaker 2: Not many Mexicans in New York though.
Speaker 1: No, it's like Dominicans, Puerto Ricans. Yeah, yeah, different, different Hispanics.
Speaker 2: But I lived on the East Coast. I was in Florida for a little bit, and you know, I'm from Azy, so I mean, all my kids are Mexican, all my kids are both my kids are Mexican, and my son's mom is Mexican.
Speaker 1: My damn wife is Mexican.
Speaker 2: Different people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Florida like that.
Speaker 2: Florida had the worst fucking Mexican food I ever had.
Speaker 1: So that's what I'm gonna say about Florida. It's like New York. There's a lot of Hispanic but not a lot of Mexicans.
Speaker 2: Great Cuban food. Yeah, but you asked somebody from Florida where's a Mexican restaurant, and they'll literally be like, yeah, there's a taco bell like a mile that way. But that being said, Texas, Mexican food very overrated.
Speaker 1: Huh hold on. Let me see, let me think it's Cali over rated. You're saying is not that good?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: I was in Houston, trip and bro.
Speaker 2: First of all, let me say something. When I went out there and fucking hunted bores with fucking oats, I forgot that that ship.
Speaker 1: But what the fun you was? You? Was it where I'm from? And be kind of that's crazy?
Speaker 2: Is that where?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 2: I don't want say whe he stays, but yeah, I was. I was all over that fucking place. We were trying to get Mexican food in the middle of the night and not even that late, like eleven thirty. What day was it?
Speaker 1: What day of the week was it?
Speaker 2: It was like a I don't even know, it doesn't matter. So I called my call the homegirl from from the radio station out there shout to Ashley and I say, hey, look, I'm looking for some fucking good Mexican food. And she's like, where it is the name of this place and it's like a chain And I look, and that ship's got like two and a half stars on yell? What no host in Houston? How was about George Bush Airport?
Speaker 1: Oh? You well on the north side. That ain't that south horrible Southeast Houston. Man, they got all the Mesican food, but not North Side does have you.
Speaker 2: Could throw I could throw a brick right now, and I hit a taco truck out here and they got the past store and they're shaving that ship up. Come on, bro, listen, if you decide to come on this journey with me to certain areas of the world in the next few days, I will introduce you to the best Mexican food you've ever had in your life.
Speaker 1: It's all about I don't know. I'll check it out for show because I like to eat. I'll be eating like a motherfucker. But it's different, bro, Texas Mexican food go crazy, y'all. You only got faiitas off here. I remember I was maybe don't have fatas. I was in fucking uh North Kelly. This was seventeen.
Speaker 2: You can't tell me that you're you're you're Let me tell you what a barometer of what's good Mexican food is. If a place has for heatas or not.
Speaker 1: This isn't fucking take it out.
Speaker 2: Check it out. I was in Northy's got fucking fahetas? What do we?
Speaker 1: I was at uh. I remember I was on my way or I had left some shit called I don't know if you heard a Petaluma in the North Kelly Bro. We went to the restaurant and I'm not I order Heatha. They brought me onions and peppers and I'm like digging, like where's the meat at They was like, you order for I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's what they got, great vegetables.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Southern Cali, San Diego, Son, Phoenix, Tucson.
Speaker 1: I don't know everywhere I go down here they got got in that side out.
Speaker 2: Or like store be stated. They don't see Bro, because you gotta go to to sit down place with a waiter to get fatas. Okay, And I'd like to point out that fahitas very it's like what my dad orders. He's an old white guy.
Speaker 1: Y'all got the wrong y'all, y'all heat the wrong contest.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? It's fahitas? It comes out in the skill of that sizzling, very vain thing to order at a restaurant. You want everyone to look at you when you order for hetas. It's a loud thing to bring out.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they do that ship loud. I thought it was the meat, but I figured out that it's just they put water under it. Yeah, that's some extra ship. Nah in Texas, man, I don't know, it's different. Bro, Like I've ordered Fita, I don't know. I don't I don't give it them long them whold smacking, That's what I'm saying. Like, look like I've been so this is another thing about for heater. It gets complicated because I've been to other places not from where I'm from. They used different meats and call it for I heat that like some places call it for heat that by the way, it's seasons and ship like for me, for I heat that is discovery, a piece of weed. It's a part of the cow, you know what I mean. Steak Oh yeah, our steaks go crazy too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me some fucking y'all got soft grass out here.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think you guys got the fucking beef shit.
Speaker 1: On lock Broras go crazy.
Speaker 2: If I want steak, I would like to go to Texas for it.
Speaker 1: Steak forty eight in Houston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stake forty eight is good to Houston. Houston's I love Houston. It's just flat, Yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: That's all talking about Earlier. I remember I would get cars with all these extra features and I always was like this is useless. Then I started traveling and I'm like, oh, that's what it means, like cruise control depth. Then when you're going downhill and shit like oh yeah yeah, Like I never like, what the fuck does this mean? I thought it was like just some extra shitar like you know, downhill adaptude.
Speaker 2: They're like, we don't have heills here.
Speaker 1: I ain't think that. I just thought like, bro, it sounded like some bullshit, Like bro, it works like my other crews control my last car, you know what I'm saying. And then I started traveling and when I get the rentals, like now, try to get the ones that have all that shit, because I'm like that shit helps yo. I touched the story so parking on hills and shit. So I never used a parking break in Texas.
Speaker 2: He would know because I had to drive his pickup truck in Texas. So I'm an idiot. So we get to the airport and I've been thinking about buying a Tesla, been thinking about it. So they're like, hey, what kind of car do you want to rent? And I was like, what are my options? And they were like, I think we could have got like a I don't know, like a Chevy Malibu or a Mercedes electric car.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the ones we clean and it's the same price.
Speaker 2: So me, I'm like, oh, give me the Mercedes electric car. I want to try an electric car for the week. If there's a place you don't ever want to have an electric car to Texas?
Speaker 1: No for so bro, we got stranded. It's as far as fuck.
Speaker 2: So I had to drive his truck, but we got stranded. When we left. We we parked it at a Whole Foods parking lot. When don't we We got out of there about nine thirty in the morning. We slept in the fucking car. Damn fuck it. I'll never fucking EV. I might get the cyber trug angle. Oh look crazy to t but like you if it's I live in La So I feel like we're pussy enough where you can have EV here and then make.
Speaker 1: It easy for you ship everywhere out here.
Speaker 2: Yep, Texas is like nine point two miles away for a charging station. I'm like, what are we doing? We got fourteen percent left?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a bad look, So what do you take this at on that way.
Speaker 2: Are you working on that album or you just dropping singles?
Speaker 1: Uh? Man? So I was working on the album, but then I was like, Noah, changing my mind because I was like, bro, oh, listen to albums. I don't remember the last time I just said and listened to a whole album.
Speaker 2: Put a fucking album out.
Speaker 1: So and then another thing about the I want to like wait till I got my own like you know what I'm saying, big song before I do an album and then have some buzzing. You know what I'm saying. You got some records, Yeah, but I need like like all my ship. I just drop it and then I'll post it when I d kid yeah, distro kid, and then on YouTube. But when I drop it, I'll like post it when I drop in and that's it. Never speak of it again. So yeah, I know that's what I'm saying. So I want to I want to like drop a song and like market that and get the hell out there.
Speaker 2: Listen to start, you are going to put out music, you have to be willing to promote a NonStop for Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know That's why I'm like, I can't drop it. Can if I'm not even promoting my singles. Why I never started. I'm gonna start dropping singles and marketing them, you know, and.
Speaker 2: All it is is like setting up your phone, Like there's no excuse. You can't be that guy. Don't be that guy. Don't be the guy that drops and then never we never hear about it ever again. Yeah, I just drop it and then like you see thishole behind a screen here, he just put a whole ep O and put no promotional material behind it.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what.
Speaker 2: He's so full of himself to think that people are just gonna, you know, google him and it's three hundred monthly listeners and they're just gonna be like, oh my god, I discovered this new eph I don't have to promote them. That's the thing that I'd be like saying, like, but you as two million monthly listeners. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But that's another thing though, with the music, Like I got rappers, I fuck with that. I won't even know they drop something. They're famous as fuck. I won't even know to like weeks or months later. I'm like, damn, Like that's how hard it is to get people to know you drop something.
Speaker 2: So who your favorite rappers all time here like top five, top five, don't got to be the best, just your favorite for show.
Speaker 1: Fifty Slimp Thug still the first original too. I like a future lot. It's it's hard to me, uh man, I fuck with a lot of people. Shit, I'm trying to think the most the most.
Speaker 2: Who was saying zero is as good as Tupac last night on the stream? Oh t he's a wild boy for that.
Speaker 1: Damn that's three, Young Dolph. A lot like this music, A lot number five, number five be?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Who else that be jamming? Did I say future already?
Speaker 2: You say future?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't know, bro, and they always be riding with me ejamming everything.
Speaker 2: Bro. But if you're listening to the country to some some of it, some some of it is hard.
Speaker 1: Some of it though, it's like you'd be good.
Speaker 2: You put me on that Tyler Childrens full That fool's hard as fun.
Speaker 1: I gotta check it out.
Speaker 2: Wrap it about doing cocaine and not overdose and ship I said what.
Speaker 1: I'm still thinking future? Oh little Wayne for sure?
Speaker 2: Wayne?
Speaker 1: There, that's fine.
Speaker 2: More singles are on the way for you. Yeah, promote them please? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I am bro. I'm gonna start taking this ship more serious. You know what I'm saying. Traveling during these shows really made me see too, Like damn, people really focuing me out here.
Speaker 2: What's been the coolest place you've been able to because you got I mean, OT has done so many different like halftime shows, rodeos. Did you do the rodeo? Not yet? No, I'm sure that's soon now. Yeah, because that Houston rodeos like the fucking super Bowl, right.
Speaker 1: It's perfect, forts fucking cowboy.
Speaker 2: It's been the coolest place you've been able to perform so far.
Speaker 1: Coolest place we did a lowrider show. That ship was live fucking shipload of badass cars. Everywhere we've done a couple of wee of minutes. It was cool for me too, you know, just because coming from there, you know what I'm saying, Like shit I used to do and like do shows at him now it's like, damn, that's tight. We did a show for Zoomies. That's hard to do. You get a cardvent not.
Speaker 2: Him, but he's got coil line in Zoomies now yeah, yeah, So do you get that stuff for free?
Speaker 1: Not from Zoomies. I've gotten some for free from like OT and yeah and great like the people yeah that're involved with it.
Speaker 2: On the on O T side, Are you gonna be on the new album Texas Technician?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah I got. I'm on one of the songs on there.
Speaker 2: I've heard the album. It's really good, really good album.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: What was new? Singles on the way, catch this guy somewhere anywhere on the road, sitting near you eating forts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you should go buy some merch too. On the Jordi world dot.
Speaker 2: Com Yeah, speaking of merch, I don't have a shirt.
Speaker 1: Damn, I should have brought some.
Speaker 2: Nah, that's what you say every time, see.
Speaker 1: Bro, I need a team, Bro, I really I need to look again the deal bro.
Speaker 2: Well listen, man, I'd love a shirt.
Speaker 1: Wear it on the podcast ship I got too many shit going on.
Speaker 2: I go buy some merch. Yeah, I'm gonna buy you know what. I'm gonna buy some merch. I'm gonna have to be the website. What's the what's what's the realistic turnaround time? What's your You don't even have a team. You got a shipping team that can at least send it out in a nice amount of time. We're making to wait six month.
Speaker 1: My girls ship yeah, like the niggas.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'm gonna just buy a shirt.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, like what I want to do. But good no, I got no, no, no, I'm gonna buy it. If you buy one, I'll tell little, tell me what name is under I'll send you two of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, And your shirts are better quality than the O T shirts that I bought, the first O T merch shirts I bought offline.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, hell no, That's why I like to do That's another thing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about, Bro, Bro, I remember I hit Ot said, Bro, I don't know what this bullshit is. Y'all just said me as the mail I about the sleeveless shirt, and I bought the other T shirt it was all this colored and no.
Speaker 1: That's why. That's why I like having control of my shirt, because I know what blanks I like, I know what style I like of like our ship.
Speaker 2: I know the New Merchant has been upgraded, by the way, the New Merchant has been upgraded. Yeah, it has been upgraded. Did you guys hear that from fans?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, just to make sure I'm not crazy, yeah, shouts to ot Man. Shouts to Jody, appreciate you. We're about to have him to do a freestyle too, So that's a different YouTube video. Go check that out. How where can people follow you online of underscore?
Speaker 1: D R O d uh?
Speaker 2: Can you get it? Can you you get just as Rody.
Speaker 1: I've been trying.
Speaker 2: Bro's fucking underscore is throwing people off?
Speaker 1: Yes, I know. I hated this girl that has the just drodi by herself. She don't want to sell it to me, she says, she waited toil, Like what did she do nothing?
Speaker 2: She just she's a loser.
Speaker 1: She just no, she's not lose, but like she don't do nothing. She's just like herself, like just regular sh I think the last time was like a thousand, she said, No, she's been started off like before I was even doing the music. I was just trying to buy it and it was like fifty dollars a hundred and two hundred. Yeah, and then once I started doing music, she heard me on the radio in the Bay. She's like, she lives in the Bay. She was like, I'm gonna wait till you get more famous.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hit you for ten she's yeah, she really told.
Speaker 1: Me that I'm like, damn, that's fucked up.
Speaker 2: Just let me give you a little Do you own your trademark for your name? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's different though.
Speaker 2: Like, so, there's two things. If you get a class thirty three trademark, it's for advertising and promotional rights over that name Drodi. You can have your trademark lawyer send a ceasing assist letter to Instagram and they'll take that account name from her.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fine, hold on there to write that down before this interview gets out.
Speaker 2: It's a class thirty three trademark, so you need to own your trademark in the entertainment field. And then on top of that, I can connect you with the lawyer. I'll cost you twelve hundred all in for all the trademarks you need. But then what happens is your trademark lawyer then they will send a ceasing assist letter to Instagram to Facebook and Facebook will take that account name.
Speaker 1: Man, it's fucking up my business man. The people can't find me. Yeah, so, but I mean just try typing the Drodi you should pop up, go follow it. See if you find me on the go follow.
Speaker 2: Drodi All right, man, A bunch of new music out. Hopefully this magic song comes out.
Speaker 1: To you than Layo. I got a song coming out this month to featuring ot that's crazy too. It's one of my one of my favorites that I've done recently. So I'm excited for everybody to hear that.
Speaker 2: There it is. Man shout out to the a.
Speaker 1: Get that this is my boy's slump slump boys. Man, shout out slump boys.
Speaker 2: You're a baseball fan?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 2: No? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who sports?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 1: I never had never, never, never really gave before.
Speaker 2: You ever watched snowboarding or X games? No, what do you watch?
Speaker 1: I don't watch TV. I used to watch like movies sometimes, like BT movies like Painting Fool. It's my favorite.
Speaker 2: Maatingfuls of classic shouts that came to the prison song, Prison song. Wow, okay okay, well.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah that was crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a wild movie. To mention, I appreciate you for checking in, brother, Yeah, so appreciate you having fire