Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome, good evening, Hi, welcomed or good whatever time it is that you're watching this, Welcome. This is a special episode of the Therapy Gecko podcast. This is a special episode. There will be no callers in this episode. It will just be me alone, ranting into a microphone. I've been wanting to try something new. I've been wanted to try something different. I've been doing this podcast for about four years now, over four years now, and it's mainly just been me and occasionally someone else talking to people on the phone. And I wanted to challenge myself to see if I can do an entire hour just ranting to myself. I mean, it's technically there's more than that I have, all right, So I yesterday I went on Instagram and I made it Instagram story and I was like, I'm gonna do a viewer mail episode of the podcast. Please send words. That was all I specified, was words. I said, please send words to therapy geckomail at gmail dot com. And so I'm gonna read as many of the emails that people sent me as i can. I'm streaming live on Twitch while i'm recording this, so maybe i'll talk to the chat but Uh, basically, this is good. This is kind of like it's gonna be a little bit of my therapy session in a way. I might talk about my life, or I might not, or I might just delve into what the people email me. It's funny because I've I've always been kind of bad at like the Dear Abby format. I don't consider myself like an advice guy, like a like a like a you know, but dear Abby. It's like it's like, here's my long thing and then here's Abby's long response. I don't really do that. I like to get into the conversation with folks. I find that makes me more comfortable. But I want to get into I want to try something new. I want to I want to challenge myself. I've been bored and uh, I've no you know, Look, people like to talk about themselves. That's why I think so many people call into this show. It's because they want to talk about themselves. They want to be here, they want to be heard. And I thought to myself, wait a minute, what if I just talked for an hour uninterrupted by anyone or anything. It's so weird because I think that's most podcasts, like I only live in the universe of my own podcast. So like, to me, podcasting is like synonymous with taking viewer calls, because it's what I do. But I realized, like, you don't, Actually you don't have to do that for every episode. Most people have a guest, but sometimes you can. You really can just rant for an hour. I don't know if it'll be good, but I don't know. I don't really even care about that. I just care that I tried. That's all that matters to me. So I'm just gonna get into it. I'm sitting in front of my laptop right now. Let's start. Let's look at some viewer emails here. Okay, let's see, all right, As of now, I have eighty seven emails. I have eighty seven emails. Let's start at the very first one. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna read people's name. Maybe i'll read their initials. Okay. The first one is from Lyle Dresher. It says, Hey, that was me testing to see if this email worked all right. Next one is from JG a highlight. Hey, Hey, j G. I'm a little nervous. I don't really know what to say. I'm a big fan of the podcast and stream. You've helped me get through many long and strenuous work days. Your podcast has made me realize that we all really do live similar lives, deal with similar problems, similar thought patterns, etc. You have reinforced my love for psychology and have helped me gain an appreciation of life. Thank you, Gek. That's so nice, that's so kind. It is it's a little weird to me because I don't feel like I really I mean, there's there's psychological and anthropological aspects to what I do, but I really I don't. I'm not a scientist or anything like that. You know, I'm just chatting with people. I don't have a degree in any I'm not even like trying to pretend like I do. But I'm happy that podcast helps people. I'm trying to get, you know, what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to get better at, like, uh, receiving praise because I sort to eat like I'm so appreciate like a lot. I'm so appreciative that people are are listening to this crap. But I get like really uncomfortable when I get a lot of praise, you know. So I'm trying to be but I also think like if people are praising you and you're like, nah, I suck whatever, you're kind of a you're kind of you're being a little bit of a dick, and then be you're just reinforcing low self esteem. So I've been trying to think of myself more as like a person who maybe does have some form of value to offer to other people, maybe through my lived experience and stuff. But I don't want to get too up my own dick hole, because that's I hate those people. I hate people, but anyone who when you meet someone and they don't hate themselves at least a little bit, I don't like them. So I'm trying. So I really am trying to cultivate a proper amount of like, Okay, let me like love myself enough that my it's I don't I'm don't hate life, and I feel confident and competent because that's a good way to go through life. But let me hate myself just enough that I'm still feel like a like a regular human being. Okay, thank you, Jared. I'll just y'all use first names. I'm just gonna this guy's Jared whatever, No one, there's a million Jared's all right. This is from Angie. Subject is I am dating someone as old as my stepdad. Hold, let me make sure this's recording. All right, This looks like it's recording. Let me check on twitch. All right, this looks all right. Yeah, this looks like it's working. All right. I am dating someone as old as my stepdad. Also, I'm not putting any of this shit on on the screen. I'm just gonna read it, okay. From Angie. Hello, Gek, I feel I have been keeping a secret from most of my friends and family. I met a guy on Reddit a little over a month ago, and we hit it off really well. The thing is, he lives in Poland and I live in America. He is also twenty years older than me. For context, I am twenty three. I plan to visit him in November, when I will be staying in Poland for two months. I'm even thinking of moving in with him after this time if things go well. Okay, all right, Uh, I don't plan on telling my family much about my trip to Poland since I don't know if I'll be coming back home. My boy my home. My boyfriend makes me feel happy and is supportive. Okay, So this when she said my boyfriend. I was like, is there a boyfriend that you're like? You have a separate boyfriend? But okay, this is when she says a boyfriend, I think she's referring to the older dude in Poland. Okay, my boyfriend makes me feel happy and it's supportive, but I get anxious thinking about what other people will think of us together. To add to this situation, I also have a six month old daughter who will be coming with me. Oh my god. Her father isn't involved, so I would really like my boyfriend to be a dad for her. Am I crazy for thinking a future with him could work? Oh? Geez? Oh? Man, Okay, I have questions. See this is why all I'm gonna challenge myself to give thoughts, even though I feel like i'm I normally would have a situation I would ask questions. I get all right, So I guess I have a few thoughts about this. One is like, I mean, look, man, it sounds from this that you've never met this guy. I met a guy, and you met him a little over a month ago. Ah, you're twenty three. I have no like, Okay, A couple of things. One you know, like, I guess It's like I have no I have no problem with this person, like going to Poland to like meet this guy, do it in a do it in a public place, preferably, uh for the first meeting. You know, maybe maybe not go to his house immediately, but uh, you know, I don't I don't have a problem with meeting this guy. I do think this person seems like they're putting a lot of expectations on this initial meeting. You know, like we met this I met this guy a little over a month ago, and I already want him to and well, he's already her boyfriend. She's always he's calling him her boyfriend. But it's like they haven't even I get that we live in a fucking digital universe and people are getting together on discord and stuff, But you should meet a guy before you we put we call him our boyfriend. I'm anxious thinking about what other people will think of us together. That's my I think what other people think of your relationship is the last problem that I have with this. The problem I have with this is that, a AA, it seems like you're putting a lot of expectations on this person that you've never met. A you want to move in with him and then be you want him to like be a dad for your daughter.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess if I had to like give advice to this person, I would be like, I don't think there's anything wrong with like going to Poland and having a little weird Polish adventure with a weird Polish guy, but don't don't don't don't expect to move in with him or have him be the don't expect anything from this guy. Just I would go into I don't have a problem with going to Poland and meeting him, but I just think there's too many expectations that we're putting into this situation right now. And also just I don't, I don't, I wouldn't. I mean a month ago. I get if you've been dating for like two years and you've never met but you want to call him your boyfriend. Maybe, but like you know, just meet the guy first, and and dear God, meet him in public. Don't go to his fucking house, all right? Uh? Kobe Craft says hi subject line, Hi, Hey gak listener from Belgium here really like your podcast? Keep it up, Mail me back and I'll send you some chocolate. Maybe should I just send this guy my home address. Should I just completely dos myself so I can get some Belgian chocolate from Kobe Craft. Let me see what let me see what the chat thinks about that angie thing.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: All right, everyone in the chat seems to completely agree with I don't think I don't think it's a controversial. I don't think she's necessarily about to get murdered. But like play like like I don't. I'm not like, I'm not like, don't ever do anything or meet anyone ever because you might die, But like, play it safe, play it cautious anyway, all right, No, don't send me. I mean, you can send me chocolate, but I'm trying to I was gonna say I'm trying to lose weight, but I don't want to publicly say that I'm trying to lose weight because then when I when you guys watch the podcast and I look fatter six months from now, you can all you're gonna use that against me. All right? This is from Samantha. Hi Gek, My boyfriend and I met you recently at your show in Toronto. We drove a total of eight hours to be there and it was totally worth it. Thank you. Very much. I was cool and chill until you said hi, and then I blocked blocked out from nervousness. I think it was a good interaction, though, I'm promise you. I promise you it was a good interaction. I'll tell a story real quick. I'm I'm insane, So occasionally i will search myself up on Reddit because I'm insane. It's a thing I'm trying. It's a thing i'm trying to really stop doing because it's just such an insane thing to do to go on Reddit and search therapy, get go and see if people are talking about me. It brings truly nothing productive or beneficial to my life, and as a habit I'm trying to stop doing as part of my general social media refrigerator checking. But anyway, I was, I fucking searched myself and I found this post from this girl who was like she might I think she posted in like r slash anxiety or something like that, and she wrote something like, oh my god. I'm so she was like, oh my god, I feel like so shitty because I met the Therapy Gecko at one of his live shows and I think I said something weird and I think I totally embarrassed myself, and I walked away from that interaction feeling like so embarrassed. And I was reading this and I was like I I it was like, hey, I don't, I don't. I don't remember that. And b it's like, I'm not, You're totally fine. You came to my fucking show and you wait and you paid me thirty dollars and you waited in line to talk to me. I don't like fucking We're good, dude, thank you, thanks for coming to my thing. I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm never like, oh, that person sucked. Even if I meet somebody and they and they and they actually are kind of weird to me, I still don't care. I don't what it's like last like two seconds. Thanks for coming to the show. It's fine, you know. So I felt bad. I really felt bad because I I've been in like little I've been in like on the other end of it, like situations like that where I'm like, oh no, I that was a weird social reaction that I can never fix. And I fucking hate that feeling. And I would never want to give that feeling to another person. The same thing, by the way, the same thing happened to me in reverse. I went on I this is this is, these are more adventures and looking myself up on Reddit. I looked myself up and I found a post from this girl being like I met the therapy Gecko at his meet and greet in Austin and I told him it was my birthday and he didn't say happy birthday. So I'm not a fan anymore. And uh, I'm really disappointed in him and I and that I was that one. I was a little bit like, you know, fuck you, come on, but anyway, whatever, all right, sorry, anyway, maybe this rant episode was a bad idea, but you know what, no, it's not. I just you know what, these are real you know what, No, these are real feelings that I am. I am expressing and it's okay. So okay, I'm trying to I have a friend and was She told me she's like she's trying to be angry more often because it's okay to express anger. And I was like, I like that. I resonate with that. I take back the fuck you. If the person who I forgot to say happy birthday with is listening to this, we're cool. We're cool. Ever, we're cool everyone, We're cool. There's no one I'm not cool with. All right, back to this email. I was cool and chill until you said hi, and then I blocked out from nervousness. I think it was a good interaction, though. I wanted to know. Do you keep recording the pods while you're on the road. No, I record them before I leave and then I kind of blocked and I kind of batched them out. Or do you backlog episodes and release them? Is it a secret? No, it's not. If that's cool. If so, that's cool, Keep your secrets. You just seem like a very bus gecko. Ps. When you asked the Logan Paul look alike if he had any prime I laughed harder than I had all year. Thank you. I appreciate that there was a guy in Toronto who did. He did look like Logan Paul. Sometimes I feel very busy and then other times I feel unemployed. But I think that's okay. I think like, like there's a weird thing in like nine to five. This has a weird thing in like work culture in general, where it's like where there's a weird thing in work culture in general where it's like you have to work forty hours a week, and it's like, there's the there's whatever your job is, and just do that job and it doesn't really matter how long it takes you, Like that's how much. That's how work I think should work. It's like, just do your whatever your fucking job is, and if it takes you ten hours, that's cool. And if it takes you forty hours then okay. But you know, the whole thing of like you need to work specific amount of hours is I think overplayed. Thanks Samantha, thanks for coming to the show. I appreciate it. That was really fun. Okay, this is from Elias. The subject line is hello, Okay, let's see here. Hey GEK, love listening to your show. Think you're a super great guy and just about one of the realist people on the internet. Thanks man, I know you get that a lot. I've always wanted to call in, but Twitch banned my account? Why did the witch? Where is this going? After someone stole my email and I never got around to making a new one, so I never know when you're on. I always listen to the podcast, though you should do a live show in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sometimes I did a college show in Albuquerque a couple of years ago at the University of New Mexico. That was really fun. Shout out. I don't remember the name of the of the of the college kid who booked me, but there were there was a good gang of folks. Shout out. Shout out whoever does student events at unm UH. I know a lot of people here that love your stuff, and I think you get a hell of a kick out of the town. I got a hell of a kick out of the town. Like the mountains. It was cool. I'm going to college. I'm in college right now, and I'm chronically addicted to cheating on my boyfriends. Okay, I'm in college right now and I'm chronically addicted to cheating on my boyfriend of two years. It's kind of becoming a big problem because he wants to move in together, but it's just not as fun being with him if I'm not cheating on him. Jesus, let me read that again. I'm I'm chronically addicted to cheating on my boyfriend of two years. It's kind of becoming a big problem because he wants to move in together, but it's just not as fun being with him if I'm not cheating on him. That part of me think is this this person might be fucking I. That's such a blatant statement that I really believe that this person is fucking with me. If this person is, if this person's listening to this and they're not fucking with me, Just break up with your boyfriend. What are you doing? Break up with bro, Break up with your boyfriend and see a therapist. Man, I hope you're having a great day, and keep on getting sent from my iPhone. All right, well, I don't how are you What do you mean you're chronically addicted, like to the thrill Jesus Christ? All right, I'm just break up with your boyfriend. Man, let him, let him be, all right. Mackenzie a poem. Oh crap, I read their last We'll cut out their last name. Well, we're gonna We're gonna cut out their last name. All right, it's from Mackenzie. This is a poem for the ghek Green leaves. Hold on. I'm reading the chat. Someone said that's rage bait. I think that's rage bait. I think that that's not real. But I don't know the fact that she wrote chronically, or it could be a guy Elias anyway, all right, I think it's raise bait, but whatever, mackenzie, this is a poem for the Ghak. Green leaves bask in the sunlight, swaying ever so slightly. Green trees lined the sidewalks, standing tall, strong and united. Green stripes scattered amongst the rooftop. Are you guys getting a visual of this from a green hand? A human hand emerged the hand of the Gek. To gek or to be gecked is the question, gek oh, holy Ghek. I don't know I feel about holy Ghek. But rise above the adversity. I'm trying. I'm trying to rise above the adversity. Rise people of Gak nation, Rise to the curiosity that Gek inspires. Green bean, oh green gecko, you were never meant to be green, only loved. Holy shit, you were never meant to be green, only loved. That. I don't even know what that means. I mean, I have an idea of what that means. But that's that's powerful. I am tired. You can finish the poem. Sorry that it got kind of weird. That's fine, that's okay. Here is a link to the website that has different shades of green. Okay, I'll click this. Oh well, it's a website with a bunch of shades of green. That's nine. Thank you for the poem, Kenzie, that's that's very nice. You were never meant to be green, only loved. That's an interesting debate if humans are in hear worthy of love, people love. People like to say that, but I don't know how true it is. I'm not saying it's not true, but like I don't know, what about like what about like Hitler? You know that's the that's the like, Okay, anytime, this is what I always think. Anytime somebody like what goes on like a kind of a spiritual thing where they're like, oh, you know, everyone deserves love, everyone deserves kindness, I'm like, I'm I go in there immediately with the hard questions. I'm like, what about Hitler? Does he deserve to be loved? Maybe? I don't know? Are we I just I'm saying, do we have exceptions? I think like in the when I think about these things, when I think about like I guess I have I have gone down my own mental rabbit holes of like these these things of like we all deserve love, we are all each other you are every I really do think about these things, and I'm like, you can't. You can't just be convenient about it, you know, like you know those guys, you know, the like when there's a story on the news about a lady who like leaves a baby in a hot car and the baby dies, Like, do we should we love her too? Maybe? I don't. I don't know, probably if that's we just I don't just don't think we can we can just pick and choose if we're gonna be all, you know, holy about it. I don't know. I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm being I don't know what I'm talking about. Thanks for the poem. I don't know why I had to make that into a whole thing. All right, what's the chat say? Someone says, Uh, if Adolph had been loved properly, I don't think he would have killed anyone. Lol. Maybe I don't know. I'm all right, that's I'm no, I am not. I am committed to not talking about Hitler for the rest of this. Uh stream all right, this it might be a long for This might be a long podcast because A because I'm having fun doing it, and be because we have eighty one more emails to read. Okay, this is from Andrea. Dear Gek, I love your streams and you've made my life so much better. Thank you, Andrea. I'm trying a new thing. I have a sometimes when people are praising me and being nice to me, I say to them, I'm trying. I say, like, someone will say like, oh, I really like what you're doing, and I'll say I'll say this, I'll say I'm trying my best. And I have a friend and she was like, you got to stop saying that because it implies that you're not doing it. And I was like, you know what, I'll give you that that's true. So now I'm just gonna now I'm just it's part of my self love journey. I'm just gonna be like, thank you, thank you. I will accept in this very moment that I'm not a piece of shit, and then I'll hate myself later. But let me let me I can. I really I'm believing more and more in the duality of life, like I can humbly hate myself and confidently love myself on the same day. I think I can do that. I think I can have a nice balance. I can be enough and I can be ambitious. I'm holding space for all things. All right, whatever, Sorry, all right, sorry. I love your streams and you've made my life so much better. I listen to you almost every day, and when you post a new episode, it makes me really happy that I get to listen to stories and advice. Thank you for everything that you do, and thanks for not making me feel so alone. Thanks Andrea, I love you, Lyle. Thank you. Here's a pick of my dog. That's a nice dog. Oh, that actually is a nice dog. Here's what happens just now. I just scrolled down and I prepared myself to say that's a nice dog, just like as a blanket statement, and then I actually looked and I was like, oh wait, that actually is a nice dog. It is. It's a nice dog, and it's a nice photo of the dog. I'm not gonna I don't have the technology to like post this on a thing, but it's a nice dog. You're gonna have to take my word for it. Thank you, Andrea. All Right, Albert subject, I want you, Lyle. Body of the email says so bad dot dot dot. Well, I don't know. Maybe it's you could have that's if you Here's the thing. If you want to fuck someone, that's a bad email to send them. If the if this guy really wanted to fuck me, he could have he could have slid in my DMS a bit better, a little bit more subtle. I think I don't think this guy actually wants me. I think he just wanted to be crass. All right, Liam subject male, episode spelled m M A I L all right, Hi, Lyle, longtime listener, first time mailer, slash caller, huge fan. I'm hoping you come to Canada, monied Toba, specifically, Where the fuck is that? Hold on? Let me go on maps, Male, Manitoba. Where the hell is Manitoba, Canada? Oh, that's a whole continent, it's a whole problem, that's a whole that's a long where in Manitoba. I guess Winnipeg. If I was going to go, I could. I could reasonably see myself one day going to Winnipeg. I was about to say, if it's like some random place in northern Canada, I'm never going to go there, but I could go to Winnipeg one day. Who knows? Anyway? All right, Uh, The only advice I can give is asking about how to get over the nerves of applying for university the only advice I can give? Oh, you mean like asking the only advice you can ask for? How can I get over the nerves of applying for university and moving away from home? I've been looking forward to it for as long as I can remember, but now that it's time, I am scared. How can I get over the nerves of moving away from home? Okay, I assume this person is like seventeen or eighteen or something, probably eighteen, because they're applying for university and moving away from home. Well, look, look, Liam, here's the thing. If you really want to, if you really want to, you can live in your mom's basement forever. You don't have you don't have to. You can just live in your mom's basement for I mean, I don't know your mom. I don't know if she's gonna kick you out, but it sounds like I'm just gonna make assumptions about your life. It sounds like your mom would be okay with you living at home forever. But she probably I mean quietly, I mean probably quietly, she would be pissed off at you and want you to get the fuck out of her house. But you could if you wanted to. You could be a burden to your mother forever. But you don't rip a Liam, I do. I don't know you, Liam, but you're you're a nice Canadian fella. I assu. You're eighteen. You're gonna you got uh you got a good sixty two years, probably until you're dead, maybe even more if you're If you don't, I mean you have free health care, so you're probably good. You got sixty more, don't. I don't you want more out of your life? Don't. You'll want to move out of home, but you'll want to have an adventure. You'll want to get out of there. This is those nerves. This should be it should be excitement. I mean everyone's wired differently. Some people they just like their familiar comforts. But I don't know Liam' jo oh wait wait, hold on, I'm an idiot. I didn't even I'm stupid. I have been looking forward to it for as long as I can remember. Okay, so you do want it, you've been looking forward to it, but now at this time, I'm scared. That's good though, That's good. If it wasn't scary to you, then it wouldn't be a change and then what what you you'd be looking forward to. Nothing, the nervousness and the scariness, that's what you've been looking forward to. It's good. It's good. It's good to have things in life that you're nervous about. Well maybe not maybe not anxious about, because some things that in life that you're anxious about, but maybe even anxious, maybe even anxiety. Maybe even that's good because it just it means that you still care. It means that you still give a fucking shit about any because it's so easy to just fucking not care about anything and get strung out on heroin and whatever. It's good. It's good to be nervous. It's good to be eighteen and nervous that things might not work out, because it means you still care. If you were telling me if this email was like, hey, Lyle, longtime listener, I watch your Twitter stream every day from my mom's basement, where I plan to stay and be comfortable and not nervous for until I die, I'd be like, well, this guy's fucked, so you're good. I'm not. I'm not worried about you, Liam, all right. This is from Puggle Guests. This is from Puggle guests. That's a cool name. The subject this viewer male episode Hi Therapy, Gecko. I wanted to talk because have you heard of Scrappy Brian. He's like scrappy do but Brian from Family Guy. I have not heard of that, but that's that's cool. This is from Sam. There's a picture of me and Sam. Oh I met Sam. This is from Richmond, Virginia. I want to say, Okay, hell yeah, Okay, I remember that. I remember that background. Okay, Gek. I sincerely appreciate the energy you've put into your endeavors and therefore the world. Thank you. I appreciate that because I really sometimes feel like I just sit around and eat food all day. You make my eighty minute commute so much easier. What the fuck are you commuting eighty minutes for? And I especially want to thank you for taking my call back in August. I'm Shep from the episode Love Makes Me Impulsive. Okay, I don't remember names, but let me go to Love. Let me go to the episode because I want to remember is this oh crap? Is this crap? I don't which? Hold on, Shep, Let me hold on. Let me go into my Google drive and look for Shep, because I have notes notes on all the podcasts. Ah Shep or Shep? Hold on, oh Shep? Oh okay, okay, wait, hold on, Maybe I do remember this guy Shep? What like, I crap, there were three callers in that episode, and I just don't I can't tell which one you are based off of just the name. Let me look on the chat, this chat, remember any of that? All right?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Were you? Were you the caller? All right? Whatever? All right, I'm Shep from the episode Love makes Me Impulsive? Were you the first caller? Why is this bothering me so much? Just for future? I don't remember, I really like, I really can't remember anyone based off of just names. But if you were, like I'm the guy from the episode who talked about this, I'll definitely be able to remember. I was an eighty percent chance I'll be able to remember it. But anyway, all right, whatever, I'm okay. I'm Shep from the episode Love makes Me Impulsive. I found a job and life is a little better now. If we're doing questions in these things, sure, I'd like to ask if you have any advice on trying to find up partner when you live in a small pond. Small town romance is not easy at twenty eight years old. Anyway, keep being amazing, and I hope I'll see you again. Meeting you in a Richmond, Virginia as a blast, I knew I recognized the background. I attached a pick from the meet and greet. I'm proud to report I've lost forty pounds since this pick. Oh that rocks. Best wishes shep. PS. Don't listen to the haters. Your face was not meant to be read. All right, Okay, listen, shep I'm just gonna you what why is move? You've listed multiple things, I mean, you've listed multiple things about where you live that sound bad. You have an eighty minute commute, You live in a small town where you can't are having trouble meeting anyone. Why don't you go somewhere else? Do you live in rich Well? Okay, okay, we met at the Richmond Virginia show. I'm gonna assume you don't live in Richmond, Virginia. I'm gonna assume you live eighty minutes outside of Richmond, Virginia. When he just moved to Richmond, Virginia, there's what's the fucking population of Richmond, Virginia. Richmond's Virginia population population. We had an episode. I don't know if you guys remember this. Okay, this is a population of two hundred and thirty thousand people. All right, that's fine. We had a fucking episode like a few months ago where this woman talked about how she moved to Richmond, Virginia and started like a pinball league and started meeting people. And I thought that was awesome. So this is move that's my suggestion. Just move nothing you've it sounds like the small town you live in is bad for your life, so wanted you to move. Which caller was it? God? Damn it was it? The first one? Was it? The one who? Okay, there's three callers. There's one. I remember the first caller, and that was a guy who almost joined a cult. There was a guy who tries to say positive after getting fired, and then there was a caller who ripped his penis. And you could be any one of those people. All right, I hope you're doing good, chep. Let's keep going all right? Uh, this is Rona. This is rona subject line intimate relationship with Zebras. This is definitely a troll, but I'm gonna I'm gonna indulge. I'm gonna indulge. Hello, therapy Gecko, I need your advice. Me, a fifty seven year old man on schizophrenia medication, have recently developed feelings to zebras I have felt for my ex wife, Susan. All right, I'm gonna read this exactly as it's written. I don't know what makes me feel like it. Maybe it's their stripes that seduce me. In my country, what's your country? What's your country? Does anyone guess what country this is where they where they have sex with zebras. In my country, we have zeos that allow people to pet animals, including zebras. Last Saturday, I had a fantasy of a zebra saying she will let me lick her stripes. And I couldn't help myself. But see what it really do? I need to read?
Speaker 3: I'm I all right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read the I'm gonna read you know what. I'm gonna finish reading this email because I read the rest of it in my head. I'm gonna finish reading it aloud so that you all have to read the same thing I had to read. Last Saturday, I had a fantasy of a zebra saying she will let me lick her stripes, and I couldn't help myself. But see whatever, it feels like needles to say I am only half man now since she kicked me in the balls. I think that meant to say, I'm only half man now since she kicked me in the balls. But worse, I got put on the do not enter the zoo list since, as they said, I caused a traumatic event to a minor by watching, by having him watch me put the zebra stripes in my mouth. I don't I have to, all right, on this platform, I would like to say sorry to my ex wife, Susan Baby, I'm sorry I said I would microwave your hamster if he spoke to me one more time. Thank you, dearly Rona. I this could be. This could be a man with schizophrenia. This could very well be a man in a foreign country. This could very well actually be a fifty seven year old man in a foreign country with schizophrenia. I'm let me tell you guys something, because let me tell you guys something, and this is I'm gonna overall just clarify my opinion on trolls in general, because That's one of the questions I get a lot, is like, do you think that people who call into your show and say crazy shit are trolling? And I'm just as the guy in the driver's seat who is listening to all this stuff and taking it all in and like listening to people and sometimes you know, whether life it's a live show or a street thing, like looking people in the eye while they're telling me, I really, I sincerely believe there is a greater chance. I don't think this guy actually like licked a zebra or whatever. There might be a half truth. I sincerely believe there's a stronger chance that this is a fifty seven year old man with schizophrenia and a foreign country. Then it's like a sixteen year old in Minnesota who's just bored and fucking with me. I feel the I think people tend to air on like I think people on the Internet tend to air on the side of like we're being trolled because they because they're defensive, because the worst thing that could ever happen to someone because for them, the worst thing that could ever happen is that they got trolled, is that someone took them for a ride. You know, I don't give a fuck. I will take you at face value because I don't really care. If you're taking me for a ride. I'm gonna care a little bit. I prefer you to not the show works. The best encounters that I have doing this are ones where people are completely being you know, real and authentic. But I generally err on the side of this person is being sincere with me. I think ninety six percent of the people I interact with doing this are being sincere with me. That's just from my perspective in the driver's seat. I believe that I'm gonna give it a sixty forty on this guy is a fifty seven year old schizophrenic man in a foreign country. Sixty percent that he is, forty percent that he isn't all right, Let's move on. This is from Willis subject line, Hey mister Gek, Hey Gek. Hope you're doing well. I'm currently procrastinating on my college work, but I saw your post and decided to write you an email. I've been having major imposter syndrome running a club at my college. It's a fairly big club, and this is my first time doing any form of extra curricular activities. That rocks in high school, I never did anything except focused on the school rock and Roll. In my freshman year of college, I became an intern for the club, and this year I took up the president position. Moving on up, Willis Is, moving on Up. I took it because when me and my fellow interns were picking executive board positions, nobody wanted to be president. I mean, I don't know why anyone everyone would want to be the president of anything. I personally didn't care what position I had as long as it wasn't creative based. I decided to take one for the team and decided to be president. So far, it's been al right, but at times it could be stressful. Do you have any forms of advice in how to go about this pressor I skipped a little bit. I have these phases of feeling good about what I'm doing, and then other days I feel an imposter syndrome, as if I don't belong in the position I'm in since I have literally zero leadership experience under my belt, and sometimes I feel lost. But everyone says I'm doing a great job, although I hope they aren't lying to me. Do you have any form of advice in terms of how to go about this problem. Overall, this is my first time balancing multiple things on my plate at once, school, extracurriculars, taking care of myself, friends, and to this day, I'm still learning how to balance this position. By the way, I sorry for my sniffls. I'm a little sick. So this is a good time to be doing this episode because this way I won't get any of the callers sick. I want to be able to look in the mirror confidently and be proud of where I got to today, but it is hard to do when I have no idea what I'm doing in a big power position. This I listen, Willis, I don't what. First of all, Willis, I really appreciate your sincerity and I appreciate your problem, But what are you the president of? You're like like that, what do you what do you first? Okay, as a freshman in college, I just need you to know you, as a freshman in college, there was no club that you could be the president of that you could sincerely refer to as a big power position. And I don't mean that to be offensive. I'm hoping to me, I really mean that as like I really mean that as like, uh, you know, it's just relax, man, It's all good. You're gonna be okay. I just don't what are you the president of where you're making giant positions as a freshman and where you're making like giant decisions. Also, I hope you can come back to Charlotte, North Carolina. One day I met you and wish I got to talk to more, but I was too nervous. Love the show last year, didn would come to the one this year, and he sent a little picture what's up? Willis? I guess? Well, okay, I mean that's my one thing is like, listen, Brot, you're the you're a freshman in college and you're the president of some club. You're fine. If you're the president of the United States, maybe you would have a little bit improcess syndrome. Maybe there's a little bit more room to be feeling crazy. But like, you're fine. I'm just reading this and I'm like, dude, you're fine. You're fine. How do I balance school, extracurriculars, taking care of myself, relationships, friends?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 1: Okay, I have some real advice. Actually, because I'm thinking about this, just identify, like you got an eighty twenty your life dude, you got a eighty twenty your life, so like think about you. Guys, know what the eighty twenty principle is. I've been thinking about it a lot. It actually is like fucking genius. It changed my life when I started thinking about it. Twenty percent of the work that you do in your life is responsible for eighty percent of the actual results in your life. But what I mean by that is, let's say that, like you like feel stretched thin by like all of your like relationships and all your friendships and like people fucking texting you and whatever. Just pick like the few people that you really fucking like and just like make sure you're keeping in good contact with them, and you're fine. Let's say you have a bunch of schoolwork and a bunch of extracurriculars and a bunch of whatever. Just pick the like twenty percent of the It basically means, like, of all the bullshit that you fucking put yourself through on a daily basis, only twenty percent of it like really matter, like really, just like just boil it all down to what really fucking matters, what really moves the needle forward in your life, and when you really like when you ask that question scathingly. You strip everything away. You're kind of like, oh, it's not that much. So I would do that. I would go, uh, what's what's his name? Willis? If you're Willis, look up the eighty twenty principle. Also, just you fine, dude, fucking he didn't even say what this club is. I hope him listening to me saying that he's fine and that this thing. I'm sorry. I feel like he's like I'm in this club and I'm just sitting here like what you care about doesn't matter. But I'm not saying that from a place of like like how do I put this? I think I put it? Okay, you get me? Fine, dude, just live your life. Just be happy, don't be stressed out all the time. I know that that's such blanket fucking bullshit advice, but look up, look up the eighty twenty principle. Just take twenty percent. I do this with my like, like, I'll give you an example, like I was, you know, I want to maintain I have a goal of maintaining my gecko thing that I do. And it's like, what of all the like random bull crap that I could be running around doing to like do my job. They're they're really only like twenty percent of what I do is like actually important, And I've noticed the things that are actually important in my job is anything that involves like actually making stuff like this podcast. Like the only things that really matter are like having interesting conversations with people and making sure that the podcast is good and like posting clips of it so that people can find out about it. Everything else is kind of bullshit, Like having a like like having like a funny twitch notification background thing is like it's like it's stupid. Like I've just focused on the things that actually matter, and that's like me being present when I'm doing this and uh me caring about uh the the actual like creative what I'm doing and like answering random emails and like looking at looking my and looking myself up on Reddit are things that don't actually fucking do anything. So I'm just relegating it to the only the things that matter, all right, anyway, Okay, let's Smooth's keep going. How long have I been going? For fifty one minutes? It seems I could keep I'm just I mean, I don't think I'm gonna get through all the emails. Should I do this. Should I do this in two parts? Let's see how this, Let's see if people like this, and then maybe I'll do this. I mean, I like this. I'm people I want to keep doing. This is fun. I've only got through like a few of these emails, and I have a billion more. All right, Oh, this one's fun. Joey. This is from Joey. Subject line you interrupted me having sex? Joey says, about two years ago, me and my girlfriend were trying to get into your show, so we called and we were waiting for some time, I don't remember how long, probably an hour or so. While we were on hold. We were in bed chillin' watching TV with the volume low so we could hear you if you picked up. Eventually, we forgot we were on hold, and we ended up having sex, and probably like six to seven minutes and two positions in, you answered the phone, and we heard the voice and stopped, and it took a few seconds for us to remember that we called, and my girlfriend hopped up and answered the phone. Since she was the one calling with the story, I don't want to tell you who the caller was because it was a pretty personal story of hers. That's kind of funny that she wanted to talk to me more than she wanted to have sex with you in that moment. Moving on, this is from Cain. Have you ever played The Binding of Isaac? I have? If so, let me know. If not, you should try it out. Love Kin from the UK. What's up, Kine, I have played The Binding. I played it a long time ago. Fuck. I must have played that game when I was in middle school. How old is that game? Let me look it up? The Binding of Isaac twenty eleven. Yeah, I played this when I was in middle school, like on the Xbox. It's a roguelike rogue let me I'm an now, I'm at ale. Wikipedia page for roguelike you have like procedural gennera. I guess I played Hades Hades and I played Hades and that game was I didn't like it. I didn't like that game. I don't really like roguelikes, and I don't really remember loving the Binding adviser either, But thank you for asking me if I have played this video game, and thanks for messaging from the UK. Kane all right, this is from Brian or Briah. Words for you to read is the subject line, Hello Gek, I am nineteen and from the UK. I'm not sure how these email things work. Yet you're talking like you're from the fucking nineteen hundreds, as you just posted as you only posted it on your Instagram. But I've been listening to you for years, every single episode besides the gek legend ones because I don't know how to transfer Oh okay, they're saying, because I don't know how to okay. I've listened to every episode except the bonus ones because I don't know how to transfer pounds to dollars online. I don't know how to do that either. Anyway, I suppose I wanted to talk about my struggles and seek your advice. I've been home bound for three years now. I suffer from horrible anxiety that I've always had since I was little, and I find it really hard to get a job, as my panic attacks can lead to vomiting, and that's not very good out in public. Since I've been alone and away from everything for so long, I've probably become even worse. I don't have any friends, and I don't know how to make them. I live on a small island and don't talk to anyone from school anymore, so it's hard to make friends. I just wonder if there's any hope for me to be honest. Each day that goes by lowers my mood and I'm getting lonelier every day, and I just don't know what to do. I'm in counseling and take medication for mental health already. Okay, getting a job is super hard, but I've been pushing myself and trying my hardest. I really want to be able to move out in the future, as my household can be toxic sometimes, but I have no idea how I will get money in this economy. Any thoughts side note, I'm going to your November show, Clapham. I'm a massive fan. Love you well, Briah. Well, okay, I mean, have I have some thoughts? I mean, just over I feel bad for this person. It's a tough like just health issues fucking suck. I know that's not the most poignant takeaway from this, but that's just what I feel. Is like, man, fucking hmm. Okay, so you're going to my show in life, Okay, so you can leave the house. I'm curious. This is what I'm curious about. So so you're you You're going to my show, So you can leave the house enough that you can like go to a show. I'm gonna assume, because you're saying you're going to my show, that you can leave the house enough. You can leave the Okay, you can leave the house and go to a crowded like event a theater. Do you have You're saying that you have ability to do that? So like, do you are you? You say, I'm pretty home bound. This is why I want to follow up questions for this person. And I'm just trying to make inferences from what they're saying to me. And the inference is that they're going to my show, which means that they can leave the house if they want to. I guess that's just hard. That's what I'm wondering. That's what I got it. Damn. If I could talk to this person, I'd be like, that's what I don't get. If they're coming to my show, it means that they can summon the energy occasionally to leave the house. Okay, I'm gonna assume that they can do that. So my here's my thought. Sorry I still have the sniffles. My thought is, I mean, you're nineteen, you have sixty one years until you're dead, maybe more because you're in the UK. I feel like in the UK there's a lot of like ninety year old British people. I feel like a lot of British people are old. All right. If I were you, I would summon whatever energy you can, even if it's not a lot, even if it's once a month, whatever energy you can summon to leave the house and do some shit. Just try just like take it like audit audit your energy, Audit what you feel like you audit like the bare minimum of what you feel like you can do, and just start doing that. My panic at taxically developmenting. That's not very but I'm like, what triggers your panic that I want to man, this is this is one of the one where I wish I could talk to because I want to know what your real therapist says how to get money in this economy. I don't know. The economy is fucked. I mean maybe it's better in the UK. It's that you can move out when you're only nineteen. You can you can probably live at your parent's house for another five years and just save up money and get some kind of whatever fucking job. I live on a small island, do they have little jobs on the little islands that you can you can work while you're living in your parents house, while it's save up some money. I don't I can't get over the fact that, like, this person's going to my show, which means that they can leave the house when they want to. It seems even if it's like even if it's like it takes. I'm not saying that in a sense of like, oh, they're fucking lying. I'm saying that in a sense of, like this we have evidence that if this person, this person can hold it together enough to go to a thing if they want to. So I'm like, how often can they do that? Can they do that? Like Malta? Can you can you go? Can you leave your house once a week and go to a show, go to an event? I mean, I'm doing this ship in London. You can leave the house and go to London to go to my show? Can you do that once a month? Go to London and go to like a fu? Like, what do you like? Do you like music? Do you like comedy? Do you like art? I mean you're near, You're you're near enough to fucking London, like a major, major city. Can you get out can you put how often can you realistically put yourself out there? I don't know. I don't know what's the chat. Think someone said you can go to a park or your front yard for free. But that's by the way, that's a real fuck, that's so real. What this person like like, Okay, you know, make sure maybe I'm just like maybe I'm on the thing of like, uh oh, you got to go into London and go to like a crazy thing, but you should literally just try getting out of the house and walking around your neighborhood often, just like leave, just leave, Just walk outside as much as you physically feel like you can. That's the best I got. That's the best I guy. That's what I do when I'm going in Sands, I just leave. And I'm trying to make I'm trying to make more friends too, and that's what I just leave. Just leave the house because sometimes because sometimes a lot of these issues, like even if you leave the house and you don't make any new friends, you kind of just feel better that you tried, right, You just feel better that you tried. So again, if you can leave your house in November to go to my show in London, just just keep leaving in your house. Just keep them in your house. Briah, good luck. What's the chat say? London is mad expensive? I'm sure it is. I'm sure it's a whole I was thinking that too. I was like, it's probably a crazy money thing. But what the other person in the chat said is accurate. Where it's like you can also just walk outside. All right, how long have I been going? For an hour? Okay, I kind of want to keep going. Let's see. I'm checking Twitch. I want to see how many people are watching this live. I want to see if it's less that's about the same. I'm having fun. I'm enjoying doing this. I'm gonna keep making episodes of your male if I Even if this gets less downloads, I'm still gonna do it. Or maybe I won't, I don't know, but uh, I'm having fun. I'm having fun. That's what matters. I'm having fun. I'm feeling like this is good, this is a good thing to do. Let's keep let's keep doing it, all right? All right? All right? This from Liam. I'm a bartender, and I have been for quite a while now. People often don't realize how often bartenders in general are on a substance and how often we fuck with annoying customers drinks. Jesus. I've had multiple co workers who most of the time are either drunk, high, or in some kind of mind altering shift. Mind are some kind of mind altering state on a shift. One of them once took a tab of acid the night before a morning shift, and he was slightly feeling the effects when he came into work. Wasn't good, I'll tell you that. Also, if you're a rude customer like the five percent, then there's a chance you've drank something watered down with spitting it or a dirty glass. Oh my god, I wish I'm forwarding this email to John Tafford because this is not cool. Uh. I mean whatever, you want to water something down, but don't fucking spit in it. Jesus. All right, Connor, This is from Connor. Subject line Hell yeah, right now, dear lyle, right now. I'm supposed to be at work installing appliances in an old folks home, but instead I am writing to you. What are your top three least favorite candies? Thank you for asking this question. By the way, loved meeting you at the show in Pittsburgh. You killed it, Thank you, sir Lisle. Oh then he wrote me a poem, Lile Isle crocodile, hope your name is not on file Jesus, I hope you find a very nice rock to live out your gecko life. That's not what I thought he was going to rhyme rock with and fold neatly your gecko's socks gek bless love connor uh least favorite candies. I'm gonna go licorice? Uh red vines. I think redvines are disgusting. They're like they're like Twizzlers but with no flavor. Uh black? Oh wait? What was what did I first saying? Uh wait? What? Red vines? Black? Licorice and maybe like hard butterscotch still gets too much in your teeth? It is from Eddie subject line would you be mad? It is from Eddie? Hi, my name's Eddie. Would it piss you off? If I wore a penguin costume and broke bad news to people on like stream and stuff? No? Seeing you do this stuff really motivated me to want to do something similar, But I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't want to do it if it would make you upset or make me make you think I'm copying you. Let me know, because I wanted your opinion before I started doing it. No, this wouldn't make me mad. This is I get a dude. I get emails like this sometimes where people are like, hey, man, I love what you do. I was wondering if I could start a call in show. I don't really want to like encroach on your turf. And it's like, guys, people have been doing First of all, people have been doing call in shows since like the forever they've I did not invent doing call in radio. You know, that's been a thing since like the I'm making this up. That's been a thing since like the seventies. But probably I don't know, I don't know who. I don't know who did the first call in the show, but I did not create it. And then the whole thing of like doing it in a costume. Uh, dude, here's the thing at this here's the thing at this point in my journey of doing this, I don't if you, dude, if you want to dress up as a gecko, and if you want to make a YouTube channel and dress up like a gecko and call yourself therapy gecko and start taking phone calls and saying I'm the therapy gecko. I'm it's not gonna change my day to day life. I don't care. I really don't. It's really not gonna change. I'm still gonna do my podcast. Whoever's listening to it is still it's still probably gonna listen to it. Maybe maybe they'll like yours too. I don't know. I don't care. It's not I'm not like, it doesn't affect me if you also wear a animal costume and take phone calls. I don't. I don't care. I have here's the thing, and I'm gonna I'm gonna get pretentious for a second. I have my own personal methodology of conducting this show. I have my own brain and lived experience that I use to do it. As do you, As do you, Eddie. You have your own methodology to how you want to do your penguin shit. You have your own lived experience, You have your own brain. And those are the things. The fucking the costume and the phone calls, those aren't the things they're gonna make people wanna listen to your shit. It's it's it's you, you know, and you and you can't be me. I'm the only guy who's me, and I can't be you. You're the only guy that's you. So I don't give a fuck if you wanna. I mean, other people might get mad. Other people might be like, why you like not the penguin thing? Do the penguin thing. Don't care. But if you dress up like a geck and you call yourself therapy Gecko, other people might get mad at you. But I won't go ahead, I'll do it. I'll be like, this is a fucking it. Just it just won't affect me, I don't think. So, I mean, go ahead, Eddie, do whatever you want. Wear a penguin costume, go where where? I seriously. I also, I hope I mean this. I hope that your penguin costume stream makes you happy and it's fun, and I hope you make a lot of money doing it, and I hope you get really famous, and I really and I all of those things could happen to you, and none of them would affect me in any way, shape or form, and I would be I would be stoked for you, Eddie. So so please do your penguin show. All right, Uh, let's keep going. What's how long? Maybe I could do like if it's been an hour and nine minute, I could do Like, yeah, fuck, I'll keep I'll do a few more. I'll do a few more. All right, where are we at? Uh? Okay, this is from ABD subject line. I saw my grandma pleasuring herself body. It was fucking terrifying and scary and low key. My life ain't going to be the same anymore, all right. So there's more of a chance that the fifty seven year old schizophrenic guy who wants to fuck Zebras is telling the truth than this person is telling the truth. If this person wrote more than one sentence about it, maybe I'd believe them. But fucking maybe they did. Maybe they saw their grandma pleasuring herself. You know what, I'm gonna take this at face value. I'm gonna actually answer this. This is they just called themselves a b D. Listen, ABD, your grandmother how old your granda? Your grandma's probably like eighty seven, seventy eighty. You should be happy for your grandma that she's still because your grandfather, your grandma, and your grand I don't know anything about your grandma. Your grandfather might be dead and your grandmother might have been dead for a long time, in which case, your grandma has not had sex for a long long time. And as much as we'd like to believe that when we get older we stop being horny, I don't think that's true. I think if you're horny, you're just fucking horny forever, and it never fucking goes away. And so your grandma is horny, and she's she's jerking to let her fucking jerk off. Dude, she raised your parents. She probably helped you out a little bit, raise you, I used to you. Okay, so you guys probably live in the same fucking house. She probably helped you out in some way, shape or form. Let your grandma jerk off. Why do you care if your grandma's jerking off, Let it jernk off. You know, hire her a like an escort or something if you really want to not watch her jerk off? All right? Uh, this is from Audrey. Hey, uh pissed story. That's what the That's what it's says. Hi. My name is Joy. Oh okay, well, hi Joy, my name is Joy. I am so over COVID. Oh wait, no, no, no, no, that's not what it says. That's not what it says. Hi, Okay, I thought it said I am so over COVID. What she meant to write was, Hi, my name is Joe so over covid comma. Okay, Hi, my name is Joy so over covid Comma. I worked at FedEx. I was only there two months, but I made a mark. So I was on the belt lines where you got to load trucks and shit, and the drivers don't have bathrooms, so they're pissing in gatorade bottles and shit. It grossed me out. It's one thing to piss in a bottle, but to not throw it away is gross af You know what, I'll give you that, as a guy who's pissed in many bottles and kept them for no reason, I'll give you that. I'd complain to my manager basically every day, and I'd be told to either ignore it and work in close proximity to the piss or to dispose of it myself. That's fucked up. Your boss was just like, if you don't like it, why don't you throw them away yourself? Goddamn all right? That shit made me mad. This one faithful day, I came across a huge plastic strawberry Kiwi Snapple bottle completely filled with piss. So I kicked the bottle off the platform and wedged the bottle beneath the tire of a truck I was loading. The trucks leave like an hour after we load. The next morning, I noticed all the drivers were in meetings. Mind you, there were like six hundred people working at this facility. Everyone was talking about the mysterious piss plosion. Okay, So she strategically kicked the bottle of piss underneath the tire of a truck so that the truck would explode the piss bottle. The last few weeks I was there, I didn't see a single piss bottle. Okay, So Base she caused a piss explosion that was kind of like the uh, the Oppenheimer bomb that ended the war. Essentially, she she dropped a war ending nuclear piss bomb on this situation. That just got everyone to be like, we're not playing around anymore with the piss. Also, I love you, Lyle Greenheart. You know I uh, you're taking matters into your own hands. Joy. I respect that this is from Jade uh subject line final words uh, Hello Gek. I've wanted to call in to talk to you, but I don't understand time zones with my busy schedule. Once I'm home from work, my brain is soup. I have a funny, sad story of one of the fire conversations with my grandfather that many listeners would love. Most of us have been hit with the financial hardships of twenty twenty four, and I was feeling it early on in the year as my family was getting together to celebrate yet another Christmas. Growing up, I was always encouraged to be artistic by my grandparents. My grandmother was always showing me new crafty tricks. She thought it would be worthwhile to share her party trick with me at a young age. I was about five when I discovered I could do her party trick as well. Oh God, I hope it's not the same party trick as the other guys, Grandma. This trick being writing people's names using my feet. This on its own can get some good laughs from everyone. But as an adult, I've thought about how I could turn that into a business. Oh, you can turn that into a business, all right, you can definitely turn that into a business. I don't know if it'll be the kind of business, but if your answer if the question is can you turn that into a business? The answer is is definitely a yes. There's lots of websites where people will pay you to write their name with your feet. Uh. Okay uh. I'm joking with my grandpa about selling feet picks since my art business hasn't been gaining traction like I thought it would. My boyfriend chimed in and said he'd buy the camera for it and help take the videos. That's a that's a that's a that's a good boyfriend. Everyone was laughing about how they'd helped support me and my feet pick endeavor, but they wouldn't look at my content. Well. Flash forward just a couple of weeks and I get the heart wrenching call that my grandpa had unexpectedly dropped dead. Is this a story about a woman who starts off foot only fans to honor her dead grandfather? I have to read the rest of the email at the time. I will. At the time, I wasn't reminiscing on our last conversation, but once the memorial came and I was around my cousins, I figured that would be a great time to share it. Sure put a smile on our faces during such a crappy time. Moral of the story is, you never know when it will be your last time seeing someone, so make sure you give them something to smile about. Side note, can you ask chat if they'd buy personalized feet names. I'm not gonna ask Chat. The answer is yes. The answer is yes. If you really want to do this, there will be a market for it. Thanks for having a great show. I've listened almost every podcast. Thank you, Jade. Yeah, this is a market for this. This is an established market for this. Someone in the chat said personally, no, but I bet someone will. I I double that sentiment. All right, this is from Finn. How much? How long have I been doing this? Maybe I'll do a few more. Maybe I'll go up to an hour and a half. By the way, please please let me know in the comments if you want me to do more of these. I want to do more of them. I'm having fun. I have sixty six unready emails that I got to get to and maybe I'll just do this. I kind of want to do a part two of this because I have a bunch more emails to read, and so maybe I'll do Maybe I'll do like once a week. It would be cool. I could do like, you know, I put out two of these a week. Maybe I could do one solo one and one one kind of dear abby ish viewer mail one and then one phone call one per week. Maybe not every week, I don't know. Let me know what you think, let me know what you'd listen to. All right, hold on, this is kind of a long email, so oh crap, I say the person's name already. All right, alright, This from Gene, subject line how to get over bisexual men. Hello, I am addicted to bisexual men. I don't know if I can go back to straight men? Please? How do I get over these bisexuals? All they know how to do is lie? This is stupid. Why just be whoever you're whoever? You fucking you're fine. I don't I know this person. I feel like such a lame o because a lot of these I know that they're joking, and I don't want to come in being like I know that these people are joking, but I don't want to come in being like whatever, I'm gonna do it anyway, okay, obviously not all No, it's so annoying this person's joking. I don't I'm never mind, I'm not gonna do this because when you my only retort is going to be something sincere and I can't fight someone joking with someone with sincerity. All right, Uh, this is from Jorge or George. Sorry, all right? The subject line is peak season. Hello. I already hate my job and how boring it is and how worse it got after a year of being here. I don't talk to anybody at all, and I just fester in my thoughts most of the time. I hate it, but I start getting bored of podcasts and music at this point, and I don't know what to do about it. Peak season might be the end of me. I decay. It depends how I feel, But most of the time it's this, Do you have any advice so I don't go insane in my head during peak season November to December, I might start relying on weed. But it's a dumb fucking idea. As someone who does drugs to get through life, it's not a good idea. I don't. I have so much. I really actually want to help this person, but I don't I have I don't know if I can give this person accurate feedback, if without knowing what their job is, or if they have any savings or where they live or what they like or any of that shit. Yeah, Do I have any advice so you don't go insane? Well, ideally you're living a life that doesn't drive you insane all the time, but you do need money to live, and so I'm just like, how can you make money to live while not going insane all the time? But in order to answer that question, I feel like i'd have to talk to you. I'm optimistic, though, I think it's possible, So I don't know. I'm gonna skip this one. Do you have any vice on not going insane? I'm gonna skip this one. Just smoke weed and you'll be fine. No, don't, actually, I mean you're gonna do it. So hang in there, George. Sorry that one was bad. All right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What does anyone that chad have thoughts? All right? Whatever? Alright? This is from Charlie. Subject line high Lyle. Charlie says, Hey Lyle, I'm a longtime listener. I love your podcast and videos. Thank you, Charlie. My name is Charlie. Hi Charlie. I am twenty two years old and I'm having this issue with myself. Recently, I lost my dream job over me being irresponsible. I had moved out of my mom's because I was making enough money to pay for my own place, and I felt like I gained some freedom. So I started to smoke a lot more pot than what I used to, which led to me over sleeping a couple of times and being late to work, which they didn't tolerate, and they fired me. For now, I don't see any purpose in life. I don't know what else to do, how to be happy with myself in my life. Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie. Hmmm mmm, Charlie. Sometimes in life you fucking fuck up. Sometimes in life, yeah, fucking yeah, just fuck up. It's so weird. Like I've been thinking a lot. I've been thinking about this a lot. I've been thinking about how much of life is deterministic versus in our own control. And I think back to all the times in my life in which I was fucking stupid and fucked something up, and looking back at those times now, I'm like, I don't know if a universe existed where I didn't fuck that up, because I only had the emotional intelligence and perspective and in general intelligence that I had at that time, which was unfortunately not a lot. It was unfortunately not enough to not fuck up. You can. I think I've been talking a lot about duality and like holding space for both things, and I think you can kind of hold space for like I was kind of gonna not like not like I was gonna fuck that up anyway, so who cares, but like you can like a little bit of that. But also, you know, you gotta kind of you gotta like don't hate yourself into like, oh I suck and I'm gonna be shitty and I don't know what else to I have no purpose in life. I mean, you're twenty two. You know you can. You can. You have a lot of room to learn from your mistakes and not fuck up next time, you know. So that's what I would do, Charlie is I would try to adopt an abundance mindset. I'm gonna get I'm gonna get motivational speaker with you, adopt an abundance mindset. Just don't like you'll get what's what's what's the dream job, Charlie, what's the dream job? I want to know what this job was, and I want I want to know why you can't find a similar job or why you can't like if I, like, if I had to place a bet on whether or not I felt like you could find employment again, I would bet that you could. So look at your life, So look at So why don't you look at your life from the way that I'm looking at it, which is I don't know you at all. You're just a random twenty two year old who was employed and is now not. And I believe I'm optimistic you will find you can. You're fucking you can find purpose and happiness in life. You didn't like like, you didn't like, you're not like in jail, you didn't like, get someone pregnant, and now you have to take care of a kid you're not you didn't like kill like you're You're fine, You're gonna be fine. Just do just keep going, just keep moving forward, Like if you need to take it, if you need a day to go, I'm such a fucking dumbass that I did this, and this I fucking suck. Take it. Take your day to hate yourself if you need it, But don't do it. If you just don't do it forever, because then you're just throwing away your youth. You have so like the like when I just look at your life, just by the fact that you're twenty two and you're not in jail or dead or seriously injured, You're I'm like, oh my, you have so much to your advantage. So just take just take inventory of everything that's at your advantage and work off of that instead of being like, I'm a piece of shit for you know, I mean, yeah, take a little bit of time, examine it, don't don't you don't maybe don't move on so quickly, you know, be like, hey, you know, I probably shouldn't have done that. That was probably a little stupid. I won't do it next time, you know, learn, examine, analyze, But don't you know, you don't have to. You don't have to fuck yourself forever. You can get another job, Charlie, What was this job? This is I actually I'm actually really enjoying like reading people's reading stuff, but I I am kind of like some details that would make this easier. All Right, I'm gonna read literally one more and then and then I'm going to stop, and then I'm going to conclude this. Uh okay, let's see here. Uh okay, this is from Dylan. Subject line, I broke my foot back in April and have done nothing about it. Like nothing, You just didn't go to the hospital. Okay, let me read the email. Hi gak currently writing this on the toilet at work. Very nice. So yeah, pretty sure I broke my foot back in April this year. Go to a fucking doctor. I was at a wedding and we were dancing. Freebird came on, shout out free Bird. That was the uh like final boss song of Guitar Hero too. Free Bird came on, and I have a dance mood and I have a dance move called the country high step. Do you know how sumo wrestlers do their big sweep step before they fight, Well, it's like that, but if you grab your belt buckle and jump while you're slamming your foot on the ground, that's that sounds bad. Picture a gold miner in the eighteen hundreds doing a little jig because he found a nugget and you got it. That's very specific. Anyways, I was doing that and I slammed my foot down one good time and I felt a pop. Immediately thought, oh, this isn't good, and sat down for the next few weeks, I couldn't put pressure on the left side of my right foot. My solution was to wear slippers everywhere. Go to a fucking doctor. So it's been six inch months and now there's a twinge in it when I step wrong, and I have a slight permanent bump where my left foot has none. All right, pretty sure. My manager is standing outside of my stall. So that's it. Have fun with gecking, take care, have a great day. Dylan. PS. I'm the cowboy from the Seattle Show in twenty twenty two. I extra points if you remember that. I absolutely remember that. I absolutely remember the cowboy from the Seattle Show in twenty twenty two, because dude, I'm gonna try to tell the story. Cit there was a guy who came on stage at my Seattle show at the Crocodile shout out the Crocodile Great venue, yeah, two years ago, and he just wanted to talk about being a cowboy. And then uh, I think some girl like asked him a question like if he was single, because like there's a part of the show where I'm like, does anyone have any questions for the guest? And some girl asked him a question like if he was single and like they got like I just remember seeing them like talking after the show, and I think either him or like somebody else wrote like a post it note to me that said the Cowboy scored and I was like, I don't know what that. I was like, what, oh, I remember you? I do remember the Cowboy anyway, Dylan. Okay, here's what bothers me about this. You wrote, all right, pretty sure on my manager is standing outside of the stall. It sounds like you're employed, Dylan. It sounds like you're employed. I don't know what kind of I don't know what you do. I don't know if you're actually a cowboy. Do you have health insurance? Go see a fucking Even if you don't have health insurance, go see a doctor, Dylan, Why are you asking me for advice? You don't even think you're asking me for advice in this. You're just you're just sharing. You just want to share that your foot is about to fall off, Dylan, go to a doctor. All right, I do remember you you wrote extra points. If you remember that, I'm gonna can I cash in the extra points that you're giving me to get you to go to a doctor, cause if I can that's what I'm gonna do to go to a doctor, Dylan. I broke my foot back in April and I've done nothing about it. How do you not? What do you? Just because you like dressing up as a cowboy doesn't mean you have to literally live like it's the eighteen hundred's where you just break your foot and die. We live in twenty twenty four. Go get your foot fixed, all right. That's it. I have sixty three unread emails. I don't know. I want to read them. I want to read all of these emails, but I just don't have. You know, an hour and a half feels pretty good podcast length to me, folks. Let me know what you thought about this. Spotify has comments now. Spotify is a comment section, So go ahead and hit that Spotify comment section. Go ahead and hit that fucking YouTube comment section. Thanks for letting me try this. I'm really I'm excited about it. I had a lot of fun doing this. I kind of want maybe maybe if people like these, I might spruce them in amongst the phone call episodes, kind of maybe do like one of each a week or something like that. I don't know, whatever, maybe maybe just phone I don't know, I haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll just do this once a month. I don't know, Just let me let me know what you think. Anything else. My tour is almost over. I go to therapy geckotour dot com. I have a few tickets left and like literally like less than ten left for my show in Los Angeles on November ninth. I'm about to go to Europe. I'm going to London, Berlin, Manchester, Amsterdam, Cologne, Glasgow, and Dublin, and then I'm ending in Minneapolis, Minnesota. And you can get tickets to all of those shows at therapy Gecko tour dot com. And then I'm probably going to take a very long time. No, I mean, I don't again, I haven't decided yet, but I'm probably gonna take a fairly decent amount of time off of streaming and no, no, not streaming. I'm gonna take a fairly decent time away from touring. I feel so lucky and grateful and happy that I did. I pretty much did like two back to back world tours twenty twenty four and twenty twenty three, and it was awesome and I had a fucking great, fucking time. I'm ready to enter a phase in my life where I'm going to try to prioritize my physical health because it ain't good. So, uh yeah, come see me while while I'm still alive. That was dark, but it's true. Come come, come see me that. I'll probably tour again, maybe like a late twenty twenty five or early twenty twenty six, but for now, if you live in Europe or Los Angeles or whatever. The other place I said was Minneapolis, Minnesota, come come to those shows anything else. This was fun. I liked this format. I'm gonna keep doing shit like this. I have more to rant about. I'm always thinking about life, and I'm always and now and now I have a stupid I have a thing where I can share all my stupid thoughts to a really a nice group of people. I'm really happy that. I'm really happy with the audience that I have. It's like the perfect Yeah, it feels perfect. Like I don't want to be like like a Joe Rogan guy where like everyone listens to it to that's too many people listening to what you have to say. That's too many. I don't think any one person should have that many people listening to what they have to say. You know, I feel like the amount of people that I have listening to what I have to say is it is a perfect amount. No more, you know, no less, it is a perfect thing. So thank you guys, and I don't know, I'm crazy. Thanks for listening to my thing and share it with your friends, share it, make a make, leave a review on Apple podcasts. All right now, I'm just yeah, do all that stuff, all right? Thanks, bye, see you again. Soon goes on the line taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 2: Ever, be goes do and he's teaching you
Speaker 1: A loud in them of your Life's not really an expert