Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe.
Speaker 2: Katty Armstrong and Jetty and know He Armstrong and Guetty Strong and.
Speaker 3: Live.
Speaker 2: We're not here. It's the Armstrong and Getty replay.
Speaker 3: But what we have for you is delicious, a collection of some of our best stuff.
Speaker 4: You can hear more, of course on our podcast Armstrong Eddy on demand and hey, you get through.
Speaker 3: Your Christmas shopping list at the Armstrong and Getdy superstore, shirts, hoodies and much more so.
Speaker 2: Now enjoy the Armstrong and Geddy replay.
Speaker 5: I think it's a joke. I looked at the people. They're not representative of this country. And I looked at all the brand new science paid for. I guess it was paid for by sorrows. Another radical level of it looks like it was.
Speaker 2: We're checking it out.
Speaker 5: The demonstrations were very small, very ineffective, and the people who worked up. When you look at those people, those are not representative of the people of our country.
Speaker 2: Francis, I'm not a king.
Speaker 6: I'm not a king.
Speaker 5: I work my ass off to make our country great. That's all it is.
Speaker 2: I'm not a king at all, exactly what you'd expect a king to say.
Speaker 3: Oh, very kingly of you, mister, your highness Trump guy. The No King's Rally said to be the biggest demonstrations in the United States in the last fifty years, maybe ever, and Trump responded to it with mockery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it didn't help. He's weren't a king. He had the velvet robe around him, surrounded by knaves. Oh, he's very kingly active, got the.
Speaker 3: Crown on flying a fighter jet with the AI video that said King Trump and dumping poop on people in the streets. It's very kingly. But here's why it's so mockable. What was it about, just to generalized we don't like Trump. Yeah, we know you've seen the polls. You didn't like Trump on Friday, you marched on Saturday, you still didn't like Trump on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, like I said.
Speaker 4: Earlier and I will hold to this, protests are way overrated. It was a big deal. It may have actually had an effect on a major issue in the sixties with civil rights, but I'm not sure it's done anything since then.
Speaker 2: I've protester just overrated.
Speaker 3: Right, right, And part of The problem with the no so called no King's protest because we don't want a damn king.
Speaker 2: Who's with me? Uh? Was that it was it's the omni cause.
Speaker 3: It's just every progressive or anti Trump cause that exists coming together and shouting, Yeah for us, look it up. We're all together and we're yelling together, and this feels wonderful and it's so exciting.
Speaker 2: If it was like a single issue.
Speaker 3: And that number of people turned out, you'd have to pay attention to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't be mocking it right now.
Speaker 3: If it was we need rent control nationwide, for instance, I would be taking that extremely seriously.
Speaker 2: Still don't know how.
Speaker 4: Much it does as opposed to you put that same amount of effort into getting people registered to vote weren't already registered, or turning out to the polls when you're voting on immigrants, for instance, when you're voting when you're voting on a particular issue or whatever. I just I don't nobody will remember this come midterm. I mean I'm nobody.
Speaker 3: Remember, barely remembered in time for the show, right, I had to remind myself.
Speaker 2: Here's speaker Mike Johnson with the.
Speaker 7: Thought the irony of the message is pretty clear for everyone. If President Trump was a king, the government would be open right now.
Speaker 2: If President Trump was a king, they would.
Speaker 7: Not have been able to engage in that free speech exercise out on the mall by the way, which was open, because President Trump hasn't closed it. So I mean it's they needed a stunt, they needed a show. Chuck Schumer has needs cover right now. He's closed the government down because he needs political cover, and this was a part of it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not fair of us, Jack. I think this.
Speaker 4: I think the smart people probably realize, good, nice giant protest a release valve of energy that will not be used on anything consequential, right, I'd be happy about that.
Speaker 3: And we'll have every speaker say be sure to donate at dem dot gov as well or dem dot org or whatever, and so we'll get a great cash hall. But it's unfair of us to characterize what these people were saying. Michael, give us a forty one forty two back to back. We'll let them speak for themselves of bits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why is that? I don't know.
Speaker 6: We don't like him, that's the word around here.
Speaker 8: Any any particular reason why you don't like.
Speaker 6: Him, no clue at all. I'm just going with everybody else.
Speaker 9: Saying, why specifically are you out supporting?
Speaker 2: No stack, I think protest is important, and what's.
Speaker 9: The main reason you're out here? Protest and President Trump? You with a lot of the decisions that are being made. Is there any decision in particular you disagree with?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so I I would start with, I don't even think it's appropriate for me to have this interview.
Speaker 2: He started to take control and do illegal things.
Speaker 9: So deporting illegal immigrants is that illegal?
Speaker 4: Deporting illegal immigrants if they're here peacefully.
Speaker 10: Yes, give me everybody you can possibly bring into the United States.
Speaker 1: Why can't anybody seem to actually kill the president? Because no one's been successful and good presidents are dead.
Speaker 4: Now those might look in for instance, those might have been five dumbest people out of the seven million the protests that I don't know, But says the progressive Jack that first guy was. Is he an example of like the Dunning Kruger effect, incompetent people don't know they're incompetent. Smart people think they know everything about everything. But he, I mean his why are you out here? No clue? But I'm out here. Are you willing The word around here is we don't like Trump. The fact that you're willing to say out loud, I have no clue. I'm out here knows you don't know. You're incompetent, because that's a ridiculous thing to.
Speaker 8: Say, any particular reason why you don't.
Speaker 6: Like him, no clue at all. I'm just going with everybody else.
Speaker 4: Saying in fact that he's so so confidently says, no clue at all, no idea why I'm here, what a thing to.
Speaker 8: Say, any any particular reason why you don't like.
Speaker 6: Him, No clue at all, going with everybody else.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, no idea, no, nope, not even the shred of an idea. Nope, not even going to name an issue, never, never mind how I stand on it.
Speaker 2: Nope. Uh.
Speaker 3: Here's a Chicago protester. This a little scary forty five.
Speaker 2: You gotta grab a cub.
Speaker 3: We gotta churn around the cons on this fascist system. These ice Asians gotta get shot and wiped out, stay.
Speaker 2: The stay machinery.
Speaker 6: That's a fair splay, right there, has to.
Speaker 2: Get wiped out.
Speaker 3: No, I'm sure you're tired of hearing that and seeing that on your news, because if that was some sort of conservative rally and somebody was saying that it would be the present.
Speaker 2: And finally, forty four.
Speaker 3: Here's a middle aged white progressive lady talking to ABC News.
Speaker 2: What brings you out here today?
Speaker 11: Democracy is dying.
Speaker 9: We have to say that.
Speaker 2: Democracy is dying. We have to save that.
Speaker 4: Of course, both sides thinking democracy is dying, but for completely different reasons.
Speaker 2: Right right, And Trump won the election.
Speaker 3: Fairly handily and now is instituting the policies he promised he would. Now, there are some of those policies I think are bad, and you know I say so on the air. But the deludedness of it is why it's such a joke. All Right, you had your protests, Now what take a look around?
Speaker 2: You so tiring? Yeah, I know it really is.
Speaker 3: But it's it's our national obsession with politics that in you know, the feminization of America that we're going to be talking about more tomorrow. But it just feels so good to be among like minded people and telling each other you're right, you're right, we're all right, we're all in agreement, we're all fighting the evil Orange man. Then you go home, having accomplished nada and that's our only shared TV show.
Speaker 2: As I keep talking about, right, it is the American pastime politics.
Speaker 4: I know a guy, very very nice guy friends, He and his family go to all these protests.
Speaker 2: Pick the kids. It's a big thing.
Speaker 6: Name.
Speaker 2: I'll see you out there, you know with the other there are other friends. It's a it's a social thing, right right.
Speaker 3: I'd love to sit down and talk to them for a minute about you know, rent control and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: But that's not what it's about.
Speaker 3: It's really it's not about policy, it's not about governance, it's not even about personalities. Really, it's just about the feeling of togetherness. They in the seventies they called it the warm and fuzzy feeling.
Speaker 2: Man. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: When I drove through that protest in my cyber truck, I was the bell of the ball. Everybody was paying attention to me. I was very exciting for a while. My kids were really glad. My windows down and it was just everybody was shouting at me, flipping me off, or on the other side cheering me nice. The sides reversed from what they would have been three years ago. Dripping an electric.
Speaker 3: Car, yeah, yeah, you got to get that thing wrapped in a flag with some sort of how about Trump twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, with a bald eagle and an American flag. I would like my tires to not be slashed. Every time I go to get in and drive somewhere, I'd have to carry like twenty spare tires in the bed of my truck, like every time I stop at the mall or the school or anywhere, to have to put on new tires every trip.
Speaker 3: I was going to tell you to move out of your communist hell hole, but virtually everywhere you go there's that one one to forty percent of activists to get so fired up and think they're so justified they would slash your tires.
Speaker 2: People are so angry at me. What do you want me to do?
Speaker 3: I tried to big German car. You'd think anti fascists would be healing at me, right.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty Show, Joe Podcasts, and our hot links The Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 12: The shooter evidently raises chickens, and the conversation was about how many eggs a chicken can lay. One victim ran out into the roadway trying to get away from the shooter. The other two victims hid. We had several phone calls. The shooter himself called nine to one one. Arming yourself with a handgun when you're under the influence is not a good idea.
Speaker 2: There's never going to be a good outcome with that.
Speaker 4: Oh, under the influence. Well that's explained some of it. I guess how you got into a to the death argument about how many eggs a chicken can lay under the influence played a role.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not made clear in this account, and I find this highly dissatisfying. Is who is claiming what reed chicken egg laying matcha lay one hundred eggs a day? No, it can't buy, buy buy, it's lucky if it lays one a day? What I ought to shoot you in your belly? Who was on which side of the argument? What were the claims and counterclaims here? What was the evidence presented? So this is interesting. Using your credit card at the checkout line is about to get a lot more complicated. Now Visa and MasterCards settled a long running legal battle that gives merchants more flexibility on card acceptance. So your favorite latte at your local coffee shop could soon cost you five dollars or five dollars and ten cents or five dollars in twenty five cents, depending on how you pay.
Speaker 4: So, first of all, when did we completely abandon having to show an ID with a credit card? Remember that was the thing for many, many years, because we're sign anything. What if this wasn't your credit card? But now I use my watch. I tapped with my watch all the time. Nobody's ever asked me for an ID.
Speaker 3: So anyway, settlement between Visa MasterCard and some US merchants US Merchants announced this week usher in a new era of tiered pricing at the register, giving businesses more power to charge fees depending on the credit card you use.
Speaker 4: I think it when I'm behind some old lady who's got a combination of a check and some EBT card and like some coupons, and I don't know, I've been a gift card and combining like five different things.
Speaker 2: Can I just pay for it all and then you get the hell out of my way?
Speaker 3: Trying to trade in some shiny shells, a little farder, a little womp them.
Speaker 4: Maybe I can come clean up on Saturday, and now wouldn't that pay for the milk?
Speaker 3: So this anti trust battle over interchange fees has been going on for two decades and I can't decide whether that makes me wish I had become a lawyer, because oh my god, you talk about you know, two farmers claim they owned the cow. One farmer pulled on the head, the other pulled on the tail, and the lawyer milk the cow. They may milking this cow for two decades. Settlement still needs CORD approval, likely to be contested by some merchant groups.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Merchants have always had the right to refuse to do business with a payment network entirely, like Costco only takes Visa cards yep, But current network rules say if a store accepts one Visa credit card, it has to accept all Visa credit cards. Well, the settlement could change that practice by allowing merchants to pick and choose which categories of cards to accept within network.
Speaker 4: There's also the dollar limit that I don't know if there's any legality around it, but like I buy something, they say you can only use your card if you spent eight dollars or something, and then I got to grab something else?
Speaker 2: What else you got? Okay, a cigarette lighter? I don't smoke? Is this make it eight dollars?
Speaker 3: Wow? And the settlement could go further, allowing different search charges depending on the category your card falls into, Like if you have a basic no frills card, you might get charged two and a half percent of the transaction amount. It's the reverse of a cash discount, whereas if you have a rewards card it's three percent. Really, you really wouldn't know what you're paying until you're paying it.
Speaker 2: Paying cash just seems so troublesome. You made me change and then where am I going to put that?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Track of that?
Speaker 3: And then this story a man in France was having a swimming pool dug in his backyard and they found eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: Dollars worth of gold bars whoa.
Speaker 3: Town council confirmed the man will be allowed to keep the gold he found, according to the French News news agency, five gold bars and a large amount of gold coins wrapped in plastic bags. The man, who wishes to remain anonymous for reasons that ought to be fairly obvious, reported define to the local council, French archaeological officials and law enforcement got involved in determined if the gold had been if the gold had archaeological significance, in which case it could be considered state property, or if it was stolen from somewhere and the gold bars had unique ID numbers. Law enforcement determined the gold was not stolen and the bars were only fifteen to twenty years old, and so they had no historical significance, so the guy got to keep the money. My daughter, who's in law school right now, became at one point fascinated by the law of abandoned property, which is fairly complicated and convoluted because and I don't remember the details of it, but like, if somebody sells you a house and it's left on the property, I think they have a claim to it still, But if you then sell the house and the next guy they don't have a claim against him or a certain number of years, is super convoluted and interesting.
Speaker 2: And anybody who's like a scavenger or.
Speaker 3: What do you call when you do that at sea you reclaim rex and stuff like that. There's all sorts of laws surrounding that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just thinking we should do away with change in general, shouldn't We did away with the penny, but with inflation, change is not worth much, so you're down less than a dollar, which is like, I don't know, forty cents compared to what it was ten years ago. And I'd be fine with stores that just don't do change.
Speaker 2: They round up or down for everything. We'll just make it even.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'd always round up. I think there would be an investigation shortly after whatever. It's thirty cents. I don't want to carry around some nickels and pennies. How about this Daddy Warbucks. Poor people frequently don't have credit cards and need to do transactions in cash, and therefore we must have change.
Speaker 4: And that's not what I see at the convenience store. Usually have some sort of government card for the scratchers vaping.
Speaker 2: And energy drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I try to stay away from poor people because I'm afraid it might be catching.
Speaker 2: But that was a joke.
Speaker 3: That was a joke, friends, just jokey and silly. These are serious times, confusing, dark, threatening times. Just trying to have a little fun.
Speaker 1: Strong the Armstrong and Getty shirt.
Speaker 3: Kamala Harris has been doing her ill advised train wreck of a book tour one and seven days.
Speaker 2: If I'd have just had a couple more days.
Speaker 3: In terms of herridiculousness. Who do you think is winning the race to be the most ridiculous, KJP or Kamala?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I pretty hard to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, anyway, So we're going to play a head full of clips of an interview Kamala did with an Australian news outlet. The first clip, it's the is not the payoff, but it sets the tone for what follows.
Speaker 2: So we'll go ahead and get started.
Speaker 13: Michael, wasn't Joe Biden then to put it on him? Wasn't his refusal to recognize his own frailties the reason that you faced a nearly impossible task.
Speaker 14: I ran against Donald Trump for president, and Donald Trump ran on a platform that was, in large part, I believe, misrepresenting his intentions to the American people. I do believe that there are a fair number of people that voted for Donald Trump who believed him when he told them that his first priority on day one is going to be to bring down prices, and he didn't. And you combine that misrepresentation of intention with also what was that play in terms of massive amounts of misinteristance for me?
Speaker 4: All right, I see where this is going, seeing as how she didn't even come close to answering the question is I've always it's funny these callbacks because I hadn't heard her in a while. That tone she takes what happened was I'm about to lay a truth bomb on you. That's just going to knock you out of your shoes, and then she never does. And the other advantage the Aussie gal.
Speaker 3: Has is that she has no awe for the second in command of the American government.
Speaker 2: Just as if I was interviewing the Vice Premiere.
Speaker 3: Or whatever the position would be of Australia, I wouldn't give a damn.
Speaker 2: It'd be like, no, I'm asking you the questions I want to ask. I've boxed kangaroos. Do you think I'm scared of you? Oh? Riichy, it rolls on now, forgive me.
Speaker 13: And I wanted a calendar in terms of yes, the clerk, I want to interrupt you, because that is a world class pivot. But it is not the question that I asked you, which is about Joe Biden's failure to recognize his own frailties and what that did to you. The question is about Joe Biden. Are you still reluctant to criticize the former.
Speaker 11: President in what regard?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 13: Well, just in terms of that question, so you went exactly.
Speaker 14: Would you like to ask be more specific if you don't mind.
Speaker 13: Was it Joe Biden's decision, his failure to recognize his own frailties in that position that put you in the position that made it almost impossible to win that race?
Speaker 11: He was not frail as president of the United States, but he had frailties. We all saw the debate.
Speaker 14: I do believe that Joe Biden had the capacity to be president of the United States, and I have never doubted that he had the capacity to be president of the United States.
Speaker 11: If you want to talk.
Speaker 14: About whether he had the ability to endure what a race for president of the United States would require in that political environment in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 11: As I've said in the book, I had concern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she goes with that angle with John Stewart. What're you going to play that clip a little bit?
Speaker 4: I love the first of all, I love the what go ahead, ask your specific question. I have asked a specific question, very specific several times. Now you're not answering it, but she and then then when she goes into that tone of the how dare you question his his competence sort of tone that she always has, what are you?
Speaker 2: How does she think that's working on anybody? Hilarious? It didn't even work on Democrats.
Speaker 4: Prior to the debate, most did the majority of Democrats wanted him to not run.
Speaker 2: How does she think at this point? I mean, this is when did she do this interview? Anyway?
Speaker 4: Recently the report came out Monday, that report we talked about earlier where it talks about the Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln, his chief of staff. They were all having conversations with Joe Biden saying you shouldn't run again?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: And who does she think? This is? Landing? All right? Yeah, all right, let's roll on.
Speaker 13: Is that I'm just wondering, is there a reason why you won't go to that prolonged frailty question? No, we saw the debate, We saw the difficulty he had marshaling his.
Speaker 11: Head answered that question. I do not believe.
Speaker 13: I think it's just hard watching the debate to see how there could not be a problem long term with someone who can't marshal their thoughts I'm not saying his acuity wasn't present.
Speaker 14: In the book, And I also mentioned the context in which that debate occurred. And you'll probably remember how I talked about that in terms of what his travel schedule had been, that what he had been enduring in terms of the timing of that debate. I can talk about it extensively in the book. I'm not shying away from that. So I wrote it in the book because I do know it's a question people had.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, she is something else wow, utterly charisma free and unwilling to answer any question about anything.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 3: Does Joe Biden have pictures of her like whipping a child or something.
Speaker 4: No, it's not that, because she can't answer a question about anything that has nothing to do with Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: She just she.
Speaker 4: It's Mark Halpern's knock on her has been from the beginning. She is the most cautious politician I've ever met. He always says, she just is not. She's gonna hedge on every question to leave herself wiggle room because she's just incredibly scared of getting nailed down on even an easy position.
Speaker 3: She's not bright enough to realize which ones are worth saying, and which ones aren't I guess.
Speaker 2: Because she has no confidence.
Speaker 4: She probably has one no like actual ideology positions, and then she has no confidence to back it up if anybody questions or any further, Remember what were we voting on on election day? Also in California the whole Do we want to start putting criminals back in jail again? When like eighty percent of Californians agreed we shouldn't have passed overwhelmingly, and.
Speaker 2: She wouldn't take a stance on it. I don't think there's your Democrats run face.
Speaker 4: Yes, it passed in a blue, blue state on a day when everybody was turning out to vote for her. She wouldn't come out and say, she said, I don't think it'd be proper for me to weigh on this.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Because so she's just too cautious. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna do the John Stewart stop. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I don't know what all this explains number forty five, but whatever is not in there I will.
Speaker 2: Fill in right.
Speaker 14: Yeah, No, I'm not talking about confidence at all. No, I believe he was fully competent to serve. Do you really Yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: That surprises me. Actually, no, I do.
Speaker 14: But there's a distinction to be made between running for president and being a prespect.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's when she gets into the thing and that she was referencing with the Australian.
Speaker 2: Interviewer.
Speaker 4: She says this in the book, and then she says this anytime anybody brings it up, that running for president is like running a marathon while people are throwing tomatoes at you. It's very difficult. Things are coming at you very fast from many directions. It's exhausting. And John Stewart's reply is, and it's a good one, is Yeah, being president is like running a marathon with people throwing tomatoes at you and lots of things coming at you really fast. And you're saying you think he was able to do that? Yes, yes, I do. I think he was up to the job. I mean, that's insane. It is you. You can't get away with any of this. But at least you got some tiny bit of cover to say he was okay being president at that time. Yeah, not a lot, but maybe I'll take your word for it that maybe you thought he was up to the but claiming he could be president for another four years, you're into insaneville.
Speaker 3: Well right, yeah, and that whole dodge that running for president is way harder than being president.
Speaker 2: Number one, it's hard.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's hard in a different way, but number one, being president is really, really, really hard. So I'm not sure that matters even if it's true. And secondly, the guy won in twenty twenty by hiding in his basement. He hardly campaigned at all, and he didn't have the power of the incumbency, so he could have run a you know, a low key doing video address from the White House. I'm so busy, I'm sorry, I can't be there in person type campaign.
Speaker 2: It's just ridiculous. I can't believe.
Speaker 4: John Stewart's forceful reply was John Stuarts, who's more of a mainstream Democrat. You think he'd be more like Bill Maher and say you're nuts, you're nuts. That's a ridiculous thing to say that he was capable of being president.
Speaker 2: We could all see that he wasn't.
Speaker 4: Poles showed that Democrats and majority of Democrats didn't think he was capable of being president before the debate.
Speaker 2: So why are you continuing to go around making this claim? Who's that for?
Speaker 3: Who sits there awestruck with respect for Kamala Harrison, and so I must say, I'm surprised by that.
Speaker 4: What a tepid response to a blatant either lie or you're a complete moron.
Speaker 2: And I'm not exactly sure which it is.
Speaker 4: That other excuse she uses all the time of I'm explained in the book about how his travel schedule is very difficult. He'd flown Alacronsol World and he had that much sleep and he had a cold.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, guess what.
Speaker 4: When you're president, you're gonna have a very busy schedule also, and every now and then you're gonna get a cold. So if China attacks Taiwan, we have to say hold off on your attacking Taiwan. The presidents have a cold, and he just got back from Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: He's very tired, right, Yeah, it's just ridiculous now that in John's defense, I don't know what the follow up was because that was a very short clip that was apparently an interview conducted at a rave. I don't know why I had disco music in the background, but yeah, what a joke. And then she goes to audiences and or does a live address and the MC asks, now, are you thinking about running? And she says, I've said I'm not done yet. The crowd Yay, what a few people not gotten.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's unfortunate she's not going to actually be able to run, even if she plans to, because I'd like it to run, because I think it'd be fun. She would humiliate herself even more. There's gonna be zero dollars because smart people with lots of money who donate to candidates, they're hearing this crap. And when they hear her say to John Stewart, yeah, I think he could have run. He could have been president for four more years. Okay, I'm not giving you any damn money.
Speaker 5: Well, it is what it is because he is who he is.
Speaker 6: That's why it is what it is.
Speaker 4: Because at some point, Oh, I want to mention this. Josh Shapiro laid a little groundwork a couple of days ago around the whole You know, I was never around Joe Biden, so I didn't see the things other people saw. Laying a little ground wore for going after Kamala Harris or whoever else might run that was in the administration, for saying this person who knew what Joe Biden was like allowed us to lose to Donald Trump by keeping it a secret.
Speaker 2: He's gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Next He'll start making vague references to well, I haven't turned Pennsylvania into a crap hole full of junkies. So anyway, I'm proud of the work we've done here, right, and Gavi'll flinch visibly.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, that's gonna be fun to watch. Yeah, yeah, I am.
Speaker 4: I am stunned by the fact that she's gonna continue. It's to claim that he was okay to be president for four more years. He wasn't claim he wasn't capable at the time, right, Yeah, Now, what is going on there?
Speaker 2: She's a halflip, is it?
Speaker 4: I wonder if it's because if she gives an inch on that, Yeah, this is it. Probably if she gives even an an inch. Oh, you don't think he was capable for four more years? At what point did you realize the guy running for president couldn't be president for four more years? And why didn't you say anything? That's the next question.
Speaker 3: And that's a different Fana liked it after that, and then I've been the president.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty voice. Are you busy lately? Later lately, that've been good. If I said, lady, that was a good punchline has written, yeah, flat bat, that voice is charming. You practically have me in bed already.
Speaker 10: Jack Armstrong and Joe The Armstrong and Getdy Show, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: So this is an Arkansas cop has pulled over the driver of a big rig. Okay, we've been talking now for a couple of weeks about this rash of states that are handing out commercial driver's licenses to immigrants. Sometimes illegals who can't speak or read English can't pass the tests and are killing people on America's highways. The one thing to note in this is will become clear the driver in question has a bit of a wardrobe difficulty going on.
Speaker 2: Why are you park here?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm talking at the hour? Do you understand English? Why did you park here?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, no good? I'm officer heading's Arkansas Highway Police. I need your driver's license.
Speaker 6: Is there anybody else in the truck?
Speaker 2: Your company? Okay, you don't understand English?
Speaker 9: Put you some clothes on, paints, push your paints on, put your paints on.
Speaker 2: Paints, put some paints on. Yeah, yeah, okay, you don't understand English. What company do you work for?
Speaker 3: Uh uh?
Speaker 2: Your company is called California. Yeah, yeah, you don't understand me. Okay, I love that California. It's all I need to say.
Speaker 4: Oh California where they give out driver's licenses to commercial truck drivers piloting gazillion ton weapons of death to anybody, whether you're from this country or not, whether you speak English or not. That's fantastic and so sartorial. California state flag has been unleash jack. It was the bear, of course, and then it was the unicorn for cal Unicornia. Now it's a pantless Asian illegal immigrant commercial truck driver sitting with his drawers visible in the cab of a truck the new California flag.
Speaker 2: Now, is there anything on towured going on?
Speaker 4: Or is he just parked someplace he shouldn't park to climb in his sleeper and sleep. Then you know, I take my pants off to sleep too. He was parked dangerously close to a land of the highway, right, and probably amount of time as.
Speaker 3: An immigrant who cannot speak nor read English, which is absolutely required for commercial truck drivers.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 4: The reason he was parked someplace you shouldn't park when you're pulling over your truck to sleep. Is he had no training or you know, because how could you possibly have any training because he didn't take the test or pass it. I like, how many of these people, including that guy who killed a bunch of people the other day, have flunked the test over and over and over again, so that there's a lot of people that should be on the hook of that. Obviously, the state of Washington and California or whatever states are given out these driver's licenses. How about these companies that are probably bribing politicians to push for let us hire drivers from other countries because we can pay him nothing, versus hire having to hire somebody from you know, inside the United States who speaks English.
Speaker 2: And can actually pass the test. So there's a lot of people on the hook for this. Yeah, yeah, no kidding, lawlessness.
Speaker 4: It's not like these trucking companies don't know that they're employing people that can't speak or read English at all.
Speaker 2: You'd find that out.
Speaker 3: As you remember, we got that email from galen Uba City, California, which has become this giant trucking center, and there are a bunch of Indian families who own trucking companies that apploy employee immigrants, some of whom have documents, some of whom don't, some of whom can speak English, some of whom cannot. And there have been all sorts of problems. It's it's a huge problem in the trucking industry right now. And you know, in California at least, which is your recall, was that Fine Fellows trucking company. They're handing them out like you know, like I don't know, freebies at the costco.
Speaker 2: Put your paints on, paints, put some paints on.
Speaker 4: I like the police going with the classic. I'll see it slower and louder to see if somehow although he had.
Speaker 3: To pat his pants and point at him pants el TROUSERSO the guys Asian Spanish isn't gonna help. I can see your l Junkie Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Jemmy Christmas chopping.
Speaker 11: Sometimes it's so tough. It can feel like you're just buying a bunch of random stuff.
Speaker 4: Get focus, fan, spend your money right.
Speaker 2: We've got the perfect gift, O special person in your I Me Armstrong and Gunny super Strong. Shop now I'm strong.
Speaker 11: And gutny.
Speaker 2: Dot com
Speaker 10: Armstrong and Getty