Speaker 1: Ridiculous Crime is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Duntz, Saron Brunett.
Speaker 3: You know what, since she showed up all fancy, I got a fancy question for.
Speaker 1: You that it's ridiculous, I do.
Speaker 4: Does it match your shoot?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. They're sparkly just like this. All right? So do you know who scored the lowest ever on Celebrity Jeopardy?
Speaker 2: Lowest?
Speaker 1: I mean they gave a little a lot of dingbats on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I got a lot to choose from here, a lot of candidates.
Speaker 2: It's going to surprise me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's not like Andy Dick. No, and it's not like Joe Rogan. Joe Rogan probably do well actually yeah, yeah, But who is it?
Speaker 1: Wolfe S Blitzer? Oh my god, I think I have read that negative forty six hundred dollars, negative forty six hundred dollars in the same game. The highest score in Celebrity Jeopardy ever? Really yeah, sixty eight thousand dollars Mira Servino, Andy Richter, oh, Andy Leslie, Yeah, I love him. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: That is mad ridiculous. Well, yeah, you know what else is ridiculous? We got together with a gentleman from Ridiculous History this week for a fun filled game show episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why I did the game show for you.
Speaker 3: There you go, look at you making it all on brand, on theme. Well, producer, should we just get right into that.
Speaker 4: Let's hit it.
Speaker 3: This is Ridiculous Crime, a podcast about absurd and outrageous capers, heist and cons. It's always ninety nine percent murder free, a and one hundred percent ridiculous. Now, as we just announced, we got a game show for you, folks, Dave hit the big bad button.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, boy, you know what time it is ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Welcome back to a show, a meeting of the minds, a true collaboration, the Big Show, a big show of some of.
Speaker 7: Our favorite podcasters.
Speaker 6: We have a cavalcade of adventurers with us today, Folks.
Speaker 7: I've been bulling. That's no Brown, that's.
Speaker 6: Miss Williams from Hello the Ridiculous History team. But but this is not Ridiculous History.
Speaker 7: This is a.
Speaker 6: True collaboration with one of our personal favorite shows.
Speaker 5: Folks.
Speaker 8: We proudly present the second part of twenty Questions, finally starring Elizabeth Jack and Dave from Ridiculous Fry how's the West Coast treating.
Speaker 1: How it's great? It is so good to be here. Thank you for having us at your Yeah, Davis.
Speaker 2: The reason to get dressed today.
Speaker 9: Man, I know we are all literally in a giant drawing room in our palatial estate here in hot Atlanta. I said it. I'm allowed to say it.
Speaker 1: It's beautifully appointed. I love your chifferobe.
Speaker 6: Oh you know, I love to got to have a good schiff row. We're gonna get more drawings on the walls too, because full disclosure, we didn't understand what a drawing room was.
Speaker 1: Then I got I like the drawings on the floor though.
Speaker 2: It's a good place to start.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well done does have a bit of a murder dungeon feel currently, the plastic sheeting on the wall.
Speaker 1: And that's that's why, that's why I feel so at home.
Speaker 9: You mind to the giant clock, the giant grandfather clock.
Speaker 7: It's part of the lore of the show.
Speaker 4: Is I like how you bring all your chef's knives and just lay them out.
Speaker 9: That's actually really I do have I'm weirdly knife rich show. Have you ever heard of bespoke posts? It's like a it's a it's a gift service for dudes. It's only for dudes, and I weirdly tick the box saying that I like knives, and I kind of I've forgotten to cancel this thing, and I just they send me knives every month. I have every type of knife you can imagine, and they're all, you know, stuck in the wall of this murder dungeon here for purposes.
Speaker 10: Important note, there is a hot tub. Just the keynote about the hot tub is you can come no no you no, no, no, no no, this is important. You can get in the hot tub, but if you let Ben know where the hot tub is, you are banned from the house or alive.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm very much.
Speaker 6: I'm very much the undercover in the mythos of this show, A surely.
Speaker 7: The vice squad of the Ridiculous Universe.
Speaker 6: We have a Grandfather clock as for the world building, but most importantly, we're teaming up with a Ridiculous Crime, which is the murder free crime show that's been rocking the universe.
Speaker 9: Dude, you'll have been getting so many cool like notices and retweets by cool people, and the show just continues to row and kick.
Speaker 1: Ass entertainment weekly I know, man, the.
Speaker 5: Next thing, you know, you'll be on Talk Soup.
Speaker 1: You know, your list of God's Ears.
Speaker 4: John Henson to not Joel McHale.
Speaker 5: No, no, we're going to go back to your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be great.
Speaker 9: That's how powerful your game is. Your podcast game is capable of opening time portal.
Speaker 3: We just like to represent the ridiculous universe. That's what it is, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: We just got verified on Instagram. That means I get reservations at restaurants.
Speaker 7: We don't even have access to our Instagram.
Speaker 6: We've been told what's a what's an episode you all did recently that really like really sang to you.
Speaker 1: They're they're all singing and beautiful choir.
Speaker 11: What about the undercover cops busting undercover cops?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, pretty, I like that. That was a good one.
Speaker 8: Nice.
Speaker 1: Must think of what else? Well, you know, we had one that just came out about Pokemon and all the Pokemon crimes.
Speaker 7: Saw the hands on Twitter?
Speaker 9: You have you heard this quote from Werner Herzog is like, what this happens when these Pokemon meet in the streets?
Speaker 7: Is them murder? Is the violence?
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of violence, we we did one about furries and what to do with violence some of them.
Speaker 3: They Yeah, a seattleton coma Hilton Hotel. They were like crapping in the pool. They had to have ambulance come because they had for that. In the schools they're wearing keep it clean.
Speaker 1: I need no friends with that episode in the furry community because I know it distasteful of you know, but they've been doing good works apparently, the Hackens and the whatnot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what a rom Cowell? Mike Howell just kissed the furry already. The sexual tension in their text messages is insane.
Speaker 4: Won't they will they will they?
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what they.
Speaker 5: Maybe not?
Speaker 7: Shan't they?
Speaker 5: You guys?
Speaker 7: Do you guys know the furry parlance for intercourse?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, is it going to make me mad again?
Speaker 7: It's yffing?
Speaker 11: Yeah you thing y I f f What was the diaper slang for rocking a diapers and crinkling?
Speaker 4: I think it was crinklin.
Speaker 2: Crankling, thank you?
Speaker 9: That makes it makes a sound some automatipya cranklin big crinkle.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Also, you know what's uh, you know, what's a great segue.
Speaker 1: That so many questions about crankling.
Speaker 7: Elizabeth for President maybe.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you guys remember, but when we last convened in this fashion and played this game of twenty questions, it truly actual Factsly was my first time playing twenty questions, and I found it to be a delight. I didn't even get to mine. I was on the questioning side, but not the questioner. So wait, no, I was asking the questions, not being the whatever the question. I don't know what the rules that's the one. I'm the hot seat guy. No, I'm not in the hot seat.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 5: I still don't get it explained how this game works. How about we break down the rules and get this guy. I guess that's a segue.
Speaker 10: I guess I am the dungeon, the DM for today.
Speaker 5: I will start off with the rules.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well for part of it. You come back as a contestant.
Speaker 5: That's correct. So to start off with the rules the teams, that is pretty easy to figure out.
Speaker 10: It will be ridiculous history, myself, Ben and Noel versus ridiculous crime, Sarah, Elizabeth, Dave uh So, each of us will take a turn as flexer. So thus far we have on Ben, we have done Elizabeth, and we have done Dave. If you want to hear those, go find part one.
Speaker 9: And that is because the topic is historical flexes.
Speaker 5: Correct, historical flexes from nowhere?
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 10: Yes, the historical flex that have come from nowhere. So how this works is everyone will pick one person who has a historical flex of something basically like something cool someone has done in the past.
Speaker 7: It doesn't have to be cool.
Speaker 9: It could be weird, it could be outlands, just something, yes, showing out, showing being the most.
Speaker 10: The goal is for the other team is to figure out who this person is or animal is and what the historical is.
Speaker 2: It was no rules against animals historical figure correct.
Speaker 6: Yes, so not just like someone you went to middle school with.
Speaker 9: God, it wasn't even the famous dog. It wasn't even the dog that I heard of. Hey, we gotta move on, we gotta move Sorry, this is listen to the last episode by the way, if you haven't, it's on both of our feats. It's on both Ridiculous Crime and Ridiculous History, and it is an absolute hude.
Speaker 5: So the team will get twenty questions am I doing that? Back?
Speaker 10: Twenty questions That works to figure out how what this person is. Obviously, the questions can't be Can you tell me who this person is?
Speaker 9: It's like Genie rules, you can't wish for another wish kind of say exactly you're.
Speaker 1: You're aiming for. Yes, no responses, Yes, I correct, I don't know.
Speaker 10: Maybe I feel like don't know and maybe you should get refunded your question if the person, If I ask you is this person, I'm gonna answer.
Speaker 5: I'm going to stan aswer. If I ask you, is this person alive? And they say don't know, I'm gonna want my question back. WI Shall we all agree that that's fair?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 11: What if the if the flexer was Schrodinger's cat, We don't know if they're I think it's I think it's fair.
Speaker 6: Also, within this happened in part one, I think it's fair within reason to give a slight a slight period directions for the for the answerer to verify.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's that's reasonable. We did that in part one, I think, and.
Speaker 9: I think we even at some point, like you know, when things are getting dire through a few hilltle hinties out there. You know, none of us are academics here, we do well fair enough, the rest of us are. We did go to college. I guess that technically makes us kind of academic, But my point is we can have it.
Speaker 7: We can be a little loosey goosey here and there within reason.
Speaker 2: It's the questions discretion, questions discretion.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 5: And to continue on.
Speaker 10: If you guess the historical figure with the flex, that is one point. If you can guess the flex that they did, that is an additional point.
Speaker 5: And at the end.
Speaker 10: Of questioning, after twenty questions and they don't figure it out, the questioner will say who the flex.
Speaker 5: E the flex are?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: And then if so, if you cannot guess who the flex there is, the team with the flex gets one point.
Speaker 5: But we got a new rules.
Speaker 9: And we got another rule to the new rule.
Speaker 6: Just so our fellow ridiculous criminals and ridiculous historians are read up on this.
Speaker 1: Rude dudes, and feel free to.
Speaker 6: Rewind and listen to those rules again, because I think we got discursive a little bit there.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I'm not sure if I even I think it will present itself.
Speaker 7: We're just using this as an opportunity for more banter to be frank, I mean.
Speaker 10: An opportunity to figure it out ourselves and so we have one more additional rule that we have added. So now we're introducing a secret word type thing where the flex er, who is the.
Speaker 5: The persons asked the questions.
Speaker 10: Uh, they will have a secret word or phrase that if the other team says it while asking questions, they will get an additional five questions. Get the questions reseat, they'll get something five quens.
Speaker 7: I think we agreed on five questions.
Speaker 10: Five questions, okay, cool, and it could be something completely random.
Speaker 5: It could be something on topic with the thing. What I thought we kind of.
Speaker 9: Agreed that it should be something that might present itself naturally within the course of I think we all said, I think we agreed upon that, but I don't think we agreed on that being the rule.
Speaker 5: Doesn't make sense. How are you not worry about my pedantics?
Speaker 10: Do we want to agree live here on air because I'm play let them play?
Speaker 7: Yes, that sounds good.
Speaker 6: Let's get to an excellent work Max, Yeah, let's get some dramatic like sportsy music.
Speaker 7: Boom boom boom great.
Speaker 6: So I think we go to uh, we go to mister Oh before we do, do we want to say the score from that?
Speaker 7: Was gonna say?
Speaker 9: We should recapt where we stand on the lead boards from last time.
Speaker 10: Yes, and if I remember correctly, it is ridiculous history two and a half, ridiculous crime one and a half.
Speaker 5: Does anyone remember how we got halfs.
Speaker 6: Yes, because we were told that we're too nice to people.
Speaker 1: One of them because I had dogs. And it was Bummer and Lazarus were the responses the answers, and then Noel, you yelled out bummer.
Speaker 9: At the end of the twentieth question, but just like as like sort of like a Keanu and point break kind of way.
Speaker 1: Frustration, and then there.
Speaker 7: You tell Mary yeah, and then boom on the other side.
Speaker 6: I remember I kept trying to like say, oh, these are half points though, because those are great answers.
Speaker 7: Well, we were being nice and and you know, there were some tough ones there.
Speaker 9: But I think I think I have a feeling today we won't need to divvy out half points, but we'll see. But now we know where we stand, so I guess I will, uh, let's go to you. I don't need to do any of the first preamble. Really, I've got a person in a flex in mind.
Speaker 2: Come at me, Okay, is this person alive now?
Speaker 9: No, not Suger's cat. It's not Schrodinger's cat.
Speaker 7: That doesn't count. There was no actual cats.
Speaker 5: It's like.
Speaker 9: That would have been a cool one, you know, Schrodinger's actual cat.
Speaker 7: But no, in fact, no, not the case.
Speaker 1: Was this person alive in the twentieth century?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Is this person considered an American?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: This was this person? Go ahead after you, producer.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: Is this person a political figure?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is this person a European political figure?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is this person famous in the nineteenth century?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Wait, hang on, no, no, barely cut off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, Okayut, dang it.
Speaker 2: That was your discretion.
Speaker 3: You wanted to tell us more that you couldn't help yourself.
Speaker 5: I really can't.
Speaker 7: I have very little self control.
Speaker 3: A political figure from Europe in the eighteenth century.
Speaker 7: Is this not a question? That was a statement?
Speaker 4: This is internal team talk.
Speaker 1: Is this person a man yes, it's a man baby?
Speaker 9: Well, oh, a man I thought you meant a man baby, like like a man child. Neither confirmed nor deny a man child status.
Speaker 6: We don't know if you I was thinking like a ware baby, you know, like under the cycle of the moon it turns back in a.
Speaker 1: Little wolf baby, that'd be cute.
Speaker 7: So how many questions are we That's okay, thank you, because I was not.
Speaker 1: Keeping European seventeen hundreds, so we had to figure out what local politician.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you want to go with like language or do we want.
Speaker 5: To go with well, guys are good at you.
Speaker 7: Guys are really doing elimination.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we feel like continent or non content? How do we get part of the UK versus Europe?
Speaker 5: Just go ahead, mask I love that our size more just us screaming over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that so we can say it is does this person speak English as their mother tongue?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, so we've ruled out well in the seventeen hundred, we still maybe don't have Ireland ruled out, but whatever, we'll.
Speaker 3: Just say basically, so no Irish Ireland?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Is this person German?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Wait, they wouldn't have been Germany because it predates Germany.
Speaker 7: No, that was nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who is the I was trying to think of that.
Speaker 11: The is it von Steuben like the guys who were arming the revolution, uh and teaching them tactics from Prussia?
Speaker 1: That was a very specific question.
Speaker 7: I really know that's.
Speaker 4: Not a question that's an internal.
Speaker 3: So we're thinking like the guy who trained the American revolutionary from Prussia on ste being the the gay patriot of America.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yes, yeah, no, that's just like I'm trying to zero in on pockets of people.
Speaker 2: It could be that's a good it's interesting one.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let's think about France.
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh well, if English is their mother tongue, then screw that English was not their mother tongue.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, English isn't the mother tongue. You know what I'm going to do right now, I'm going to text my team. You can't text, Yeah, I can, just you know, just to ask a question so that no one else can hear us.
Speaker 2: So that's acceptable, all right, okay, fine.
Speaker 1: For you. I don't know enough.
Speaker 6: I like the conspiratorial aspect of this fine, predictably, but hearing outside of a phone conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's a politician though, I'm getting thrown off. Okay, go Lee.
Speaker 7: I mean politician is maybe a loose term.
Speaker 2: More of a political figure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it could be like military, royalty, royalty, or like I'm going to go royalty on this.
Speaker 3: Is this person? Was this person royalty was he royalty? Yes, yes, yes, we've got royalty.
Speaker 7: Does that put us a question? Ten?
Speaker 11: Or no?
Speaker 7: I think that's a ten?
Speaker 12: Ten?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I have to all right, great, you're cooking with hot fire.
Speaker 1: Is this person was this person from a Nordic country?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I go French, but you guys are Italy at that point, Spanish and Dutch with the whole succession.
Speaker 10: I feel like, I'm really is it troubling me that there's so much better history than we are.
Speaker 2: Was this person Spanish?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Okay? Was this person involved in a scandal?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I would say, I would say so.
Speaker 7: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm really reading into the tone of that response to was this.
Speaker 2: Person did they lose their head?
Speaker 5: A second?
Speaker 6: I want to say yes, but I want to be extra sure sure. Oh, maybe we should take this offline to.
Speaker 1: This is. I think the texting is the most interesting.
Speaker 3: Listeners lost their their head gotta be French, right, and then it's gonna be it's gonna be non French.
Speaker 11: But yeah, taking any attack, divorce, beheaded dead, divorce beheaded survived.
Speaker 5: Oh, Ben and I disagree on this.
Speaker 1: Whether or not someone was wait wait, lost their head could also mean like you know, had like a psychotic break we're talking about like George the Third beheaded. Yeah, I think that, I think that, I really think the listeners are loving the quiet text.
Speaker 9: The quiet Yeah, hang on, hold on, this is hilarry, hang on, hang on.
Speaker 2: So anyway, yeah, hell, what do we have so far? We have?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it was It was a yes, Yes, it was a simple miscommunication.
Speaker 5: The answer is no. The answer is no.
Speaker 9: That I may have in my in in in uh in decision given part of the game away, but that's up to you to decide.
Speaker 2: All right, so do we have We ask French.
Speaker 11: The blade was dull and so it knocked, but they didn't die from it, but that would be brutal.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I guess the question then becomes the answer that you're going to get eventually as to where the miscommunication now is going to be a lot funnier than you might.
Speaker 6: Which is why, which is why me and Max immediately went into silent mode, like hang on, but the cloaking you cloaking, yes, taking it internal as they say, So, we've got thirteen.
Speaker 1: We're thirteen eighteen. All right. I just sent a message to my team.
Speaker 6: Oh, Elizabeth, I like this We're like these masters of whispers.
Speaker 9: And I'm the loud mouthed town crier and that's just out there, just shouting the answers.
Speaker 10: And I'm just a jester covered in donkeys.
Speaker 6: Let's all describe ourselves who were affirmational ways that.
Speaker 5: As a compliment. Don't don't. Don't tell me what I can't think of a compliment.
Speaker 7: Who am I adjudged your relationship?
Speaker 3: Could this figure? Is this figure? Were they religious? Were they a religious political figure?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, what do you mean? Did they go to church.
Speaker 3: When they're with part of their religious nature? So it's not basically by point of.
Speaker 1: Fourteen? Yeah, okay, because I'm coming up with people and then all of a sudden like well they weren't really a political figure. They were behind the scenes, and then we said they're royalty. Okay, so royalty European.
Speaker 2: We don't still know what country.
Speaker 1: Non English speaking? He did not get beheaded.
Speaker 5: I think we should nail down the country scandal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, escandal not Spanish and not Nordic. Should I just go for it? Are they French?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ah? Maybe?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 4: What Okay, this is not a real question, is it?
Speaker 11: James lit in The Pimp of Paris.
Speaker 5: You got it, dang dang day.
Speaker 1: Okay, French royalty seventeen hundreds didn't lose the head.
Speaker 4: It died, but there was dispute about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's part of a scandal. Scandal, so not to not literally the sixteenth, but could be the fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Not really scandal, Go ahead ask it scandals?
Speaker 2: Was this person the king?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Done, well done, that's six So.
Speaker 2: We have a few tanks. So fourteen fifty.
Speaker 5: The king dynast how many questions we left?
Speaker 2: We can just nail down there? I did it, fo.
Speaker 7: You got yes. Correct.
Speaker 9: The miscommunication was me being bad at Roman numerals, because as to whether or not the fourteenth was beheaded, I googled it, but I was looking at the I believe the sixteen, and I just and then Ben was like, no, frantically.
Speaker 7: Texting moms are smoking.
Speaker 6: But I had the same question as you.
Speaker 9: Was it a dull guillotine accident? And then they ended up with them?
Speaker 5: Because I don't know.
Speaker 9: I would argue the French Revolution could be considered a scandal A bit of a skin, wouldn't you, I mean a little bit his role in that in the whole like opulence of Versailles.
Speaker 1: I've bummed out that the password is Gang Green.
Speaker 9: I didn't know enough to I didn't even know that part and I did. Honestly, you guys are doing so well. I know that's not true. I did have a password. The password you haven't guessed the flex.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Is it something about Versailles?
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, he kind of hung out there all the time.
Speaker 2: Did it because he had the biggest art collection in the world at the time.
Speaker 7: That's true?
Speaker 9: But no, well that wasn't the Q just we're just talking about.
Speaker 1: Was it like, uh, was it some sort of extravagant feature built into the home.
Speaker 11: No, something about changing his outfits to make everybody else also change their outfits.
Speaker 6: Interesting, But just going to say, even if even if a couple questions didn't count, that does put us at nineteen?
Speaker 3: Did he have everyone wear wigs the French court to hide the fact he had syphilis?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it was also the life thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, think, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: True, But no, okay, Noel, I think I figured out what the flex.
Speaker 9: I bet you did, Max, because we've talked about it a lot, Ben and Max and I, Yeah, it comes it comes up. Did he have American probably, but that I mean as was the fashion at the time, you.
Speaker 5: Know, So I think that's all the questions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, twenty Noel, could you reveal the flex?
Speaker 1: Yes please?
Speaker 9: He apparently only took a proper bath twice in his entire life.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 9: And while we associate or Shy and the son king with opulence and fashion and finery versa, I was actually a disgusting, filthy smell plays because nobody in his court really bathe. They just kind of rinsed off the bits and when they got sweaty and nasty. Another flex, which was not my main flex, was that he would just change shirts, which was also a flex of wealth to be able to own enough clothes. You know, regular peasants would wash their single shift you know, in the freaking dirty river, you know, and that was all they could do. They had one or two, then they passed them down to you know, siblings and stuff.
Speaker 7: But yeah, he would apparently close constantly.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, the cheesy onion funk.
Speaker 5: You're talking about this.
Speaker 9: Smell where it's even when someone just masks their funk with some old spice and then it just smells like funky old spice.
Speaker 7: It was new spice back then.
Speaker 5: Really bad.
Speaker 4: The original Studio fifty four.
Speaker 1: Older perfume formulas are much different than what we have today, and there's a lot of like musky, it's not gonna smell as as nice.
Speaker 5: It would have been. You yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, speaking speaking of cat guts, there were also a lot of feral cats roaming all around the grounds of Versailles. Uh, they would just everwhere, and apparently the road leading different Sie was just strewn with desiccated cat carcasses.
Speaker 5: Oh god, sorry.
Speaker 1: The smell of death and body funk.
Speaker 9: And they didn't have plumbing, and the chamber pots which were literally just pots that people would you know, do their business and would be just thrown out of windows. And Marine Annett herself was apparently once like Dave Matthews band tour bus Chicago River style, dumped on by a chamber pot being you know, the window.
Speaker 7: Very common in that period of European history to look.
Speaker 9: Watch out, watch out, getting the piano dropped on the disease.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't think they would also have parasols, you know, but they didn't invent that.
Speaker 2: He wasn't.
Speaker 9: I just think it's such an interesting historical like kind of what's the word.
Speaker 7: I'm looking for contradiction.
Speaker 9: Where we think of lou the fourteenth, he has his reputation as being having the best art, the finest things VERSI this glistening palace he it was like, I think a summer home. But he wanted to get all of the nobles where he could keep an eye on them, so he had them all moved there out of Paris. He notoriously hated Paris and wanted to like have this whole world that he expanded and created these gardens and you know, but it actually was just a nasty, funky cess pit of a place.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, to that point, Like think about how it's it's considered like one of the you know, romantic, sexy, sexiest times of history with dangerous liaisons and all that stuff, and ever was just funking it up.
Speaker 9: I think one, you know, the Victorian era was kind of similar, and I think a film that does a really good job of portraying kind of the finery in the fashion but also the groatiness is the favorite by your go slamthems. It just has that sweaty gnarliness that everyone's caked in this weird white makeup and it just I think he really nails and everyone's just having freaky orgies and racing ducks and stuff.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's really weird, wild times.
Speaker 6: And most importantly, bravo to Zarah Nale Elizabeth, very well done.
Speaker 9: And before you go to ad break, I just want to say one last thing is I'm a nerd. I think it's really interesting that, uh, three of my favorite bands in the entire world, Daft Punk, Air and Phoenix all grew up in Versailles and went to elementary school and.
Speaker 7: And and what a weird thing and they yeah, and those.
Speaker 9: They're like, I really like French just go and pop, and those are some of my three of my most kind of formative.
Speaker 3: I guess grew up in French disco pop the Versailles area.
Speaker 7: It is kind of interesting.
Speaker 9: And they actually make cameos in in the Marie Antoinette because the singer of Phoenix is married to Soia.
Speaker 2: They say anything else, it's just sparkling pop there.
Speaker 9: It is, oh no, and Jojo Siwa also invented French pop as it turns out good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, speaking of cameos, let's feature some ads and we have returned folks. There is a game afoot a great game in our opinion. We hope you agree. And now we turn to ridiculous crime. The one and only the man, the myth, the legend Zaren will be our next what we say, hot seat, our next hot seater.
Speaker 9: Quick question for the parlance of twenty questions, isn't the person asking the questions in the hots Yeah?
Speaker 7: But we agreed earlier. Okay, all right, kay, cool, Google cool.
Speaker 2: We're bigger fans of the hot seat. We wanted more people in the hot seat.
Speaker 7: Like that, more hot seats.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, gentlemen. Well, I'm ready for questions whenever you're ready to drop them.
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, question person alive?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this person alive? Are animals?
Speaker 12: Um?
Speaker 2: Yes they are alive.
Speaker 7: Did this person live in the United States?
Speaker 2: Yes they did? Or yes they do? Yes they have.
Speaker 7: Is this person uh in the field of entertainment?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, not in the way we would think of. But what he does is entertaining. But yes, he's not an entertainer.
Speaker 7: Fair enough, clear?
Speaker 6: No, I appreciate that. Yeah, okay, we gave you a few of those. Turn that was really interesting because that that paints a good picture for us.
Speaker 7: Here we go. Question for is this.
Speaker 6: Would this person be considered a political figure? No, they are not a political figure these days, it doesn't take much. No, not not political. Not an entertainment, but does entertainment.
Speaker 9: Entertaining things, So that means that would rule out like circus performer, that would rule out any traditional forms of entertainment.
Speaker 7: But also not a politician.
Speaker 10: I got a shot in the dark that probably won't land, but if it lands, it I think we'll give it away.
Speaker 5: Is this person a scientist?
Speaker 2: Is this person a scientist.
Speaker 5: Or scientifical?
Speaker 3: I'm checking their profession. I'll put it this way. It's not important to what they do. So no, they're not a science okay. I mean, you know, I don't know necessarily.
Speaker 5: They may probably do science.
Speaker 3: They have made they may have picked something up now and I don't know in the last you know, they're not known as a scientist.
Speaker 10: I had a potential thread that if he would have said yes, I would have give me because I.
Speaker 2: Was you know what.
Speaker 7: What I also like is I'm imagining this as the world's most mysterious tender profile.
Speaker 6: You know, and they're like, I'm not known for science. However, Uh okay, so uh this we we have five questions.
Speaker 9: So not a music, not a music, no entertainment, no musician, no TV actor, and no politician, but someone of note that we would be discussing in this context.
Speaker 6: I'm sure this is just like talking things through. Boy oh boy, this is a cool one, and we don't wait wait wait, this is also recapped. This doesn't count as a question. Our very first question, are they alive?
Speaker 2: And you said yes, they are alive. That means they are they are alive.
Speaker 3: But I mean I'd say that I have not updated this in the last few months, so there may be that, Like we go to Wikipedia and find out that they last month and I'm like, oh, man, so yeah, who's the guy?
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, Ben, who's the guy you're always asking? As he said, Henry kissing here he finally did die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Can we get in as by the way.
Speaker 5: Let's be real to go. I mean, there's some real fanfare going one.
Speaker 7: Okay, so this is our sixth question.
Speaker 9: We're getting our bearings was this, if I may, was this person known for inventing something?
Speaker 7: No, that's a good question, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: We're eliminating a lot of box.
Speaker 6: That's what we're trying to do all right, Max, what do you got, I'll go after you. I got, I got, no, I was helping you, but have okay, yeah, yeah, I got.
Speaker 7: What is this person nationally or internationally recognized?
Speaker 3: That's interesting, like what do we mean by internationally recognized?
Speaker 2: Can we give? Can we can we pair that down a little?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 6: So for narrowing the scope, we would say, is this, for instance, someone like uh, like one of the French Louis Like most people would.
Speaker 3: Hear, okay, they're not a household name, not a household ning okay, okay, clearly not in our household.
Speaker 7: I'm good, guys.
Speaker 6: If it's okay, they were good, it's if it's okay, I'm gonna switch tax for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Please triangulate follow.
Speaker 5: Let's yes question oh okay, one four six.
Speaker 9: And that's the thing, though, based on everything we know what this person, the reason we would even be talking about this person must be directly related to the flex.
Speaker 10: And I'm wondering if it's something historical like remember Elizabeth did something that we talked about in one of our episodes.
Speaker 7: Yes, which I thought was.
Speaker 2: A gender?
Speaker 7: We do a gender?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Would this person identify as as male?
Speaker 2: This person definitely identified as male.
Speaker 6: Okay, then that's seventh question eight. Uh was their flex or is there flex considered a crime? Was it legal or illegal?
Speaker 3: No, it was not illegal, but some people did not respond well to their flex when they were doing it. But it was clearly not illegal, but it had dire consequences for those for it had dire consequences.
Speaker 2: Okay, So people treated it like it was an offense.
Speaker 7: Okay, and it was. Guys, we just got an important clue. That also means the flex was not a single act. It was it was a continuous behavior.
Speaker 5: For some reason, my brain immediately went to Bernie made off But that was very much.
Speaker 3: I would never do that to you, guys. It would make you spend that much time thinking about them.
Speaker 7: About Bernie made thank you?
Speaker 5: Was this person in finance? No?
Speaker 7: Okay, so that's not No, that's great, that's really important.
Speaker 5: That's what I was thinking too.
Speaker 3: So I don't think just to help I don't think you'll guess the person. I think you were much likely or to guess the flex. Oh okay, So we want to help them a little bit because I think I don't.
Speaker 6: Think you to be able to Okay, Then we should definitely just keep on keep on the flexes.
Speaker 2: All right, so.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe a time ranger. Yeah, yeah, go go.
Speaker 9: I don't know what did this flex make headlines within the last five years?
Speaker 7: No, damn, okay, some reason if that was like eighties, probably it was.
Speaker 2: Is that a question?
Speaker 5: No, I know, do we hear any question mark at the.
Speaker 7: End of that question? I like, we're getting procedural with this.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, oh boy, okay, get pedantic when you get pedantic?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah ringer, Okay about this? I like where you're going all the timeline stuff.
Speaker 7: What about this?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 7: Did this flex occur pre or post the advent of the internet?
Speaker 3: Pre That's a good one, thank you for well, okay, I was let me let me qualify that because, like, you know, the ARPA net or the original yes, okay, that was in existence, but the Internet as we think of it was not. So the Internet was not but there was online communication from you know, colleges to the Pentagon or whatever, just not like I.
Speaker 5: Want to be very clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, worldwide Web was what eighty nine?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, is it Max Headroom?
Speaker 1: No, I like it like everything.
Speaker 5: I mean, it does a little bit because that guy that wasn't it was someone behind it.
Speaker 1: But also we did that episode about the signal interruption in Chicago, broke into the sign with the Max Headroom.
Speaker 5: I mean that's what I meant, That's that's what I was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, spake and bear buttocks. Oh boy, that's a cool story.
Speaker 9: And that was pretty Internet And it's sort of like proto Internetti type hacking before hacking was hacking.
Speaker 2: Cutt doctor who take it.
Speaker 5: With some noted scriptive movements. Feeling good about this one guy? I'm not either, I got nothing Ben.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I'm thinking it's got to be nineteen eighties, maybe seventies, because if this person is still alive, they did it, you know, when they're like thirty years old in the eighties, that would put thematic.
Speaker 12: Not a crime.
Speaker 5: So it wasn't you know, it had something that was frowned on upon but lasted over time.
Speaker 2: It was considered an offense in some place.
Speaker 9: Could it have been considered a political act an active protest?
Speaker 2: It was not an active protest, but it was politically a plot.
Speaker 7: Okay, so now we're looking at some sort of that's a great question.
Speaker 10: Of some later obviously, Yeah, something And I mean I'm just gonna go ahead and guess, because if we're thinking nineteen eighties, probably something anti Reagan.
Speaker 5: We don't even know what it's ades though, that's the thing, but it would just feeling if he had to.
Speaker 9: That was that's it must be right on the cusp. Yeah, there's still plenty of questions though, guys.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, so I think he's hitting us that it's not eighties.
Speaker 7: Yeah, fishing around or be misled, because.
Speaker 2: No, I would never mislead you.
Speaker 5: I want I'm reading, says scholar.
Speaker 6: No, I'm thinking through, guys, because there's something very interesting about the construction here. If it's not illegal, but we know it has dire consequences by some olytic, by some and.
Speaker 5: We will know and we will know the act more likely than we will know exactly.
Speaker 2: Would you like a hint?
Speaker 7: Can I say one thing?
Speaker 9: It's it's giving civil disobedience vibes, and I don't I mean that's that.
Speaker 5: I just want to say that out loud.
Speaker 9: But it also seems to me as though the person wasn't doing inherently as an act of civil disobedience, but it was interpreted as.
Speaker 7: Such and applauded politically.
Speaker 9: So how could someone accidentally by virtue of just doing something that are being like stubborn or whatever be seen as a you know, positive pelitical gesture, social move of God.
Speaker 3: I would say this. It wasn't the eighties, it wasn't the sixties. So whatever is between them. And here's here's another hint. It was not civil disobedience. It would be pregnant to the exact opposite. It's more civil connection. So like so fallen in line kind of No, No, no civil connection. Think what connection means, right, it's coming to a chord. That's people coming together.
Speaker 10: That's not someone telling you what politicians like the public took offense to.
Speaker 5: It sounds like people, this.
Speaker 7: Was is our person, mister Rogers.
Speaker 2: No, but good, Yeah, but he did. But that type of energy, Oh that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I keep forgetting. Remember he said we would never guess the person. We'd likely no one would.
Speaker 1: Doesn't count.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just reinforcing that. That's definitely you will not guess the person.
Speaker 1: Or are we counting that that guess is?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think right now.
Speaker 5: That's my count, my brak and only thing about Bob Ross now I was thinking about but we wouldn't it wouldn't we wouldn't know him. Not as a secret word.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, our is the secret phrase.
Speaker 5: Okay, civil connection.
Speaker 6: Civil connection would be denining the people in the seventies, right, or attempting to unite some measurable demographic thereof.
Speaker 5: So this is this is Nixon, then then it's forward, Then it's communism.
Speaker 7: Does this have something to do with communism?
Speaker 4: No, it's nothing, just a red herring.
Speaker 5: Let's just let's just think Ford, Carter, Nixon, Ford, Carter, those are the three presidents of this. That's the three eras of there. So it's like very it's only two years of Nixon or to some some with and just.
Speaker 7: Internally Watergate is not a matter of social connection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Watergate plays no hand in this.
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you this, but it started before Watergate and or I'm sorry it started.
Speaker 2: It started in Nixon's America and ended after Nixon left.
Speaker 5: Ah, I really defines the dollar.
Speaker 2: Get you get it down to a.
Speaker 5: Year for you brain, two kinds, two kinds you all then I'm leaning on you for this one. This is it feels like it's in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 7: What are you talking about? I can't say anything.
Speaker 5: It kind of does though it does a little bit. But I mean it's just I think that's a clue.
Speaker 7: It's a tricky one. It's oh that was a clue.
Speaker 1: No, it's just more like a sense of I feel like this is a flex. Who are really going to Ben's very appreciation?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See that's the thing that that's another clue.
Speaker 2: That is a clue that while this person how many America you got four.
Speaker 5: Left to guess, so the flex likely did not take place in America.
Speaker 7: I'm getting too into the weeds. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: You've gotten so far down a rabbit hole that I'm like, oh crap.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm thinking of stuff like the War on drugs or opening.
Speaker 10: Here something like I was thinking like, for some reason, I got Abbi Hoffman now stuck in my head.
Speaker 5: I'm like, it's not Abby.
Speaker 2: Hoff and I won't consider that question not a question.
Speaker 5: That was not a question, that was just Joiner's table.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm doing over in.
Speaker 9: This Was it the hippie that put the flower and the gun that it was a male identifying person if I remember at least in watching it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, it's so uh, it doesn't matter because we've we talked about this, but the guy actually died in January.
Speaker 4: So, oh, no, he is.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, that's a different dude getting text a different dude. No, no, serving, Sorry, I look at my phone with this. I get all confused.
Speaker 9: I'm just glad y'all had a communication breakdown, just like we did.
Speaker 5: You almost Okay, Well.
Speaker 3: I was offered a hint for you, guys. My teammates presented a hint. What this person their flexed what they did. It did not set a Guinness record, but it came close.
Speaker 7: Oh, hands across America.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's the type of vein we're talking about.
Speaker 5: So keep thinking America or something. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't know that.
Speaker 5: You didn't say was it you just said it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 7: I don't think that counts.
Speaker 2: That guy's got four questions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, okay, we still got four.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: So it's something like one of those semi grassroots feel good movements. I'm just thinking connection because people are holding hands, so we've got a thing to make.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So it could be guys, magic guy that wrote kumba.
Speaker 5: Was it Jesus Christ?
Speaker 4: That that's a hell of a flex.
Speaker 7: Jesus wrote Kumbaya but Everybody. That was his biggest flex. Actually he had a book later.
Speaker 5: It sounds like sidebar.
Speaker 10: It's something that involves something kind of similar to against world record.
Speaker 7: Yeah, most for most people together for some years, marching time.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with Scheff goes to Africa.
Speaker 7: Oh well, I'm out of guesses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that helps.
Speaker 7: And now I'm thinking I'm thinking live aid or something.
Speaker 5: But free ty Beette movement maybe a little.
Speaker 2: Early on that.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, earlier, that was like nineties. I think kind of the Beastie Boys invented that.
Speaker 7: People been this one while. All right, guys, I'm throwing throwing on the towel here.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a musician.
Speaker 2: The heck of a story. I gotta got a good story for you. Whenever you're I'm excited.
Speaker 7: For the chat.
Speaker 6: I want to just get it over with so we can talk about the hell just to hear that you guys, okay with that?
Speaker 7: Okay, I think it's fine. Well here I'll just for the people at home.
Speaker 3: I will now read to an amazing story and then you will quickly figure out what we talked about. My dude was born in nineteen thirty nine. One day, when he was thirty one years old.
Speaker 2: His name was Dave.
Speaker 3: He decided to start walking all the way rocking. He walked fourteen four hundred and fifty miles d and fifty kilometers For everyone who's not American. Originally it was supposed to be David and his brother John. The two set off together from their hometown of Wasika, Minnesota, all of their supplies loaded into a wagon pulled by a mule.
Speaker 2: The jackass was named Willy, government named Willy Make It.
Speaker 3: Now, Together the two brothers and their jackass, Willy Make It, they headed east. They walked all the way to New York City. There they touched the Atlantic Ocean. Then they flew across the Atlantic to Lisbon, Portugal. They had to leave the mule behind. Once they landed in Europe, they touched the Atlantic Ocean again and then continued east. But first they got themselves a new mule, a Portuguese pack mule, and they named him.
Speaker 2: Wait for it, will he make it too?
Speaker 3: As they wandered east, they the three then stopped in Monaco, where they met Princess Grace. According to the reports of their visit, the Princess loved their ass. She even accepted a gift from them, a lucky mule shoe. The Kuns brothers, that's their last name and their jackass. Will they make it too? Continued east in Venice, Italy, they were harangued by locals for bringing a mule into town, which was technically illegal, but they were there's no real rule about it because of all the craps in the canals.
Speaker 2: They said, don't do this anyway.
Speaker 3: The mayor gave them special permission where the brothers in Venice then ran into.
Speaker 2: Thor hired all the explorer Navigator.
Speaker 3: They had dinner with him after they continued east and they make it to Turkey and then they go into Iran. They continued east to Afghanistan. That's where tragedies struck. They had just crossed the land known as the Desert of Death and they were in the foothills of the Hindu Kush mountains when the bandits attacked the.
Speaker 2: Brothers and their mule.
Speaker 3: The bandits had read about the brothers who were collecting money for UNICEF, and they wanted that good UNISEF change, so they shot them. The one guy, Dave, was shot in the chest. His brother John also shot. He died from his gunshot wound there in the Kyber Pass. So Dave then flew back home to bury his brother. Four months later, he goes back to the exact spot that his brother was dead, where his brother died, and with his other brother Pete, they started up again. They then walked continuously from that exact point all the way to through the Kiber Pass, where the local tribal prints who had been reading about them in the local newspaper, he guaranteed their safety after that point. They were the first non Asians to walk through the Kyber Pass since Alexander the Great. The brothers crossed India during monsoon season, but they finally make it to the coast. At Calcutta, they touched the Indian Ocean. Then they flew to Perth, Australia, where they again touched the Indian Ocean. Pete the Crazy.
Speaker 2: Had to fly back to the US.
Speaker 3: So Dave alone now walks across Australia from basically the red side to the wet side. He would walk all the way across the great Red Desert of Australia by himself. That's what we call a fool's mission in America or they call a dead man's walk in Australia. Anyway, Australia wouldn't let his mule will he make it too into the country for fear of diseases, So Dave would have to drag his supply wagon himself. There's no way anyone thought he could do it. Luckily, a schoolteacher named Jenny Samuel, a young lassie with some time on her hands. She offered to drive her car in low gear and tow his wagon across the Australian outback. The two then just sat there while he walked next to his car, her driving, and they chatted all the way across Australia. Of course, they fell in love. When Dave and Jenny finally reached Sidney, he kissed her goodbye. They parted ways. He touched the Pacific Ocean. He then flew to la where he touched the Pacific Ocean again, and then from Newport Beach walked all the way across the Western United States. They finally arrived back in Wasika, Minnesota, on October fifth, nineteen seventy four, four years, three months and sixteen days.
Speaker 2: After he originally left.
Speaker 3: He crossed four continents and set foot in thirteen countries. The Governor of Minnesota declared February twenty first to be coonst Brother's Day in celebration and memorial. He was officially independently confirmed to be the first person to ever walk around the Earth. I walked twenty million steps, he calculated. That's an average of thirty one steps per one hundred feet. He wore out, and I quote, I wore out twenty one pairs of shoes. But I proved something to myself. If a human being makes up his mind, is determined, sets goals, he can walk around the world. He can also meet a pretty lastee in Australia and find love. Because he did, he found Jenny. They stayed together for a year. The couple flew back to the US, where they married, and they are still together to this very day and they live in Orange Cave Cotes.
Speaker 2: Give it up.
Speaker 7: It feels a little try hard to me.
Speaker 5: It's like, I'm gonna stay at this guy standing in this right now. Rewind your podcast. Listen, listen to me. Rewind your podcast previously on ridiculous history.
Speaker 2: That's the type of vein we're talking about.
Speaker 5: So keep thinking America or something. I don't know.
Speaker 7: All right, somebody America or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: There's somebody who look America or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I suddenly said something like, is someone who walks around a whole bunch And I didn't say it loudly enough and stick to my gun.
Speaker 7: There's like, you gotta just scream into this.
Speaker 5: I'm well aware screaming over y'all for a minute.
Speaker 7: The game part of it is really just an excuse. Uh you know, for the history part.
Speaker 5: We're all winning journey.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I could I could tell it was very competitive by how you immediately switched sides and did your best to help.
Speaker 5: Us, Sarah, Yeah, doesn't this doesn't this just tie us up? Though, y'all, we are tied.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Three and a half, two and a half. Ridiculous crime has gotten two points. We've gotten zero.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, I'm saying from last the carryovers, we didn't guess the flex.
Speaker 5: They didn't guess the flex, but we well we didn't get this one.
Speaker 11: That's right, that's oh, you're correct, Yeah, yeah, they've gotten We just hold ahead.
Speaker 10: They got to they got a point for getting Louis the fourteenth, and they got a point for us not guessing their flex.
Speaker 7: You get a point for not I'm sorry, that's the part. Okay, great, well.
Speaker 5: Three and a half, two and a half, ridiculous crime is in the lead with only one more round.
Speaker 11: It's me it's a little early for horse race polling. Let's not focus on the exact numbers.
Speaker 5: And the countdown blasting or the knockoff I found in library.
Speaker 7: So no pressure, no pressure, Max.
Speaker 6: We're gonna pause for a word from our sponsors, and if we come back with you in the hot seat, please be as unhelpful.
Speaker 7: As possible with questions.
Speaker 5: Always them.
Speaker 6: And we've returned for the final round of this collaboration just to take a moment and look back, folks.
Speaker 7: No matter what happens, I hope we get to hang out on air again.
Speaker 9: And I'm really this is ongoing as as as we're available, and for funzies.
Speaker 7: I think this is great and it's a fun thing to do every now and then.
Speaker 9: I think it's like one of the coolest collaborations we've ever done on any show that we've been a part of, because it feels very I don't know, it's just.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super fun. It's definitely traveling Willerberry's that's the supergroup.
Speaker 1: It makes me want to come and like crash one of your episodes sometimes.
Speaker 7: On the table, kicking the door and open with a strong actually.
Speaker 1: I love well.
Speaker 5: Actually, back when I was at university.
Speaker 6: Back what I was yeah, uh, and back when we were back when we were wondering how this game would go.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: We we learned a lot about historical figures that were, at least on the history side, very new to us. And so now we go to our last last round of the game. For now super producer mister Max Williams. The floor is yours for questions.
Speaker 1: Let's begin, all right, saren start us off, all right.
Speaker 2: Is this person live today?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Hmm, I give up.
Speaker 7: Good job. Put one over all this like I know everyone alive? No one else.
Speaker 4: Big on the recency effect if they were in People magazine.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 9: Have you guys seen a billy billy on the street. Yeah, where he's like, name one woman.
Speaker 5: They can't do it.
Speaker 7: They can't do it.
Speaker 5: Name a woman, Name a woman.
Speaker 7: I can't do it. For a dollar, exactly, I find it.
Speaker 1: He's a treasure.
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 2: Billy on the street.
Speaker 1: He's not alive.
Speaker 5: I will not count.
Speaker 7: I will not count.
Speaker 10: I will count it the next time you asked me it, though, which I'm pretty stern you will do.
Speaker 1: Probably the password is Billy, let's see, Okay, not alive?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is this person from the United States?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Two?
Speaker 2: Is this person? Did this person identify as female?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Was this person born before nineteen hundred?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: The sausage fest continues.
Speaker 2: Could there did this person? Okay? How do you best put this?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Could there be a photograph of this person?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Many like the phrase max max? Come on now, what.
Speaker 1: Didn't we simply have something last time? About? Were they alive before the invention of plastic?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, it didn't serve us. Well, we were confused by the States about back the light?
Speaker 1: Okay? Anyway, so there's there could be a photo?
Speaker 4: What about? Did this person commit a famous crime? I'm a crime that was well known? No, okay, not John Wilkes.
Speaker 5: Boo, darn it unless you count crimes of the heart.
Speaker 7: And I don't want to sound too leftist, but what is a crime? Be gay do crime? That's what I say.
Speaker 2: The was this person famous in their time?
Speaker 7: Very much so?
Speaker 3: Hmmm, very famous person in their time in the nineteenth century and established they were an American or not.
Speaker 1: An American man famous.
Speaker 2: Did this guy invent anything?
Speaker 5: If he did, it would have been something weird. He did not invent.
Speaker 1: Weird if he did, so that's it.
Speaker 5: I would not pull on that string. You're not going to go anyway, right.
Speaker 1: But if you're saying it would have been something weird, this isn't like some Panera person like Middle of the Road whatever.
Speaker 2: Verson's interesting.
Speaker 10: Yes, this is an interesting this person did important things about I just say that, folks.
Speaker 4: This is a private one. I'm thinking like a P. T. Barnum type.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I was going more Frederick Douglas only because he amount of photographs Okay, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Know on the amount of I mean a lot of people are photographs, but not then you know you have a lot of photographs, did you?
Speaker 1: Was there the clarification there were.
Speaker 2: A lot of photographs.
Speaker 5: There was a good good number of photographs.
Speaker 10: Was also, I will clarify a little bit more than there's also a good number of paintings of the.
Speaker 2: M M. Was he a political leader?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Was he an American president?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Now that was going to see can you name all the American I can do? Because there's no looking this up.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you damn. Max Williams and.
Speaker 5: Ben Bolan and Ben Bolan we do this on the side is what we do for fun. Serious in me, you know just about how presidents we talked about. We talked about John Tyler.
Speaker 1: Recently Tyler Taylor used canoe the name presidents. But then, like I have a limited amount of storage space in my head and I feel like it got pushed out for dumb stuff like.
Speaker 7: You know, yeah, I would argue better stuff.
Speaker 5: It got ingrained in my brain at a p U s history and it just has never right.
Speaker 10: A p.
Speaker 5: I took and I never did it again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the neuro diversion in me just loves knowing list of things, car all the state capitals?
Speaker 2: Can you do it?
Speaker 7: At one point?
Speaker 1: At one point I could for other stuff?
Speaker 2: So sorry, question, did this president do anything with math?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: That's math?
Speaker 7: Very interesting because I.
Speaker 3: Think James Garfield invented a Pythagorean theorem forum formula.
Speaker 10: No, he did not math for and there was like twenty four forty or buss Like I mean, it's like, you know, the presidents are involved in the economy somewhat like.
Speaker 2: He didn't because that's kind of remarkable, mature mass.
Speaker 7: He balanced the budget with an advocates in It wasn't.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 5: Side note.
Speaker 10: We did an episode recently about how a guy in Indiana had divine intervention that told him that pie was three point two.
Speaker 7: Oh he was wrong, by the way, curious, very wrong.
Speaker 10: And it almost passed the Indiana State House. I used to go, like, thirty digits part of it.
Speaker 7: They're not so good at that pie out to thirty digits.
Speaker 4: Something like that. There was a high school, like you got extra credit if you could do it, so you know, we did.
Speaker 5: It flexes upon flexes flex.
Speaker 4: Episode historical too. It's like twenty years ago.
Speaker 10: When I was in New York recently. It was a real trendy hotel that was in and the blinds when you shot him had pie. It's like and there was like, you know, fifteen foot window, ten foot who however big? It was just pie the entire way.
Speaker 7: Oh really because you get pie delivered via rooms? Was it a pie themed hotel?
Speaker 5: And I help them down because I was on the twenty second floor, which you know, I don't like, how do you.
Speaker 2: Go back down and be like, can I have the square rod of two?
Speaker 8: Room.
Speaker 2: This is hes making.
Speaker 7: This is freaking me out, man. Too many decimal places.
Speaker 6: So, speaking of numbers, we're question eleven, a big break through question. Yeah, excellent president question.
Speaker 2: President so not not not known for math?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 2: Okay? So is this president after the Civil War?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh that helps?
Speaker 3: Okay, So we got like only a few, well but we only got born We know they were born before in grand.
Speaker 2: We only have a few.
Speaker 1: Wait, weren't you saying so they were alive to get their photo taken?
Speaker 10: Dead, died before the And just to clarify, we have not eliminated the eighteen and nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were.
Speaker 5: I only asked if they were born.
Speaker 10: Before nineteen hundred and as if we've learned anything about presidents, they often live a very long yeah, most of the time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's there's one is like, what is it?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 4: Who's one of the presidents?
Speaker 2: Is like Grant grandson or John Tyler nineties?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, has a living grandson? Last Sam? Is that the works?
Speaker 4: It's actually Stephen Tyler.
Speaker 5: I actually did think about doing John Tyler, but he was a terrible Yes.
Speaker 2: That was about just about to say, I'm glad you made that.
Speaker 4: Most presidents are turns out that era Kim Calhoun. There's a bunch of them.
Speaker 5: Calhoun was in president?
Speaker 2: What I say? Sorry, yes's right, I'm thinking of he's VP.
Speaker 5: Yes, he was a terrible VP, a terrible human. This is this is We're at twelve twelve?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Where twelfth?
Speaker 4: Yeah? How are we gonna knock off some president?
Speaker 7: I want to rephrase that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, great suggestion. I'm not doing so.
Speaker 7: Thanks for reading my blog, Dave. It's called a manifesto. It's geos.
Speaker 1: Like our website. Let's see, okay, president paragraph rap lyrics Again, Dave, got anything in terms.
Speaker 2: Of was he ever shot by an American?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: What about like beard? Would beard or no beard?
Speaker 2: Help?
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of.
Speaker 5: Things that I like you all right?
Speaker 1: Did he have a beard? In the facial hair sense?
Speaker 5: This is going to be extended. He did not traditionally rock a beard, but he did.
Speaker 10: Almost always Actually, every photo and painting of him, he does have facial stash Man.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, sorry, is it Chesterday Arthur? It is not Chester A Arthur? Who had who had legendary the most legendary Yeah.
Speaker 7: Of course till fifteen?
Speaker 1: Is it Teddy Roosevelt?
Speaker 5: It is not Telly Roosevelt.
Speaker 4: Stash Men stash Man of the White Coffee table Book.
Speaker 1: He's going to go down to the water, my new calendar, My twenty twenty five calendar.
Speaker 12: Hot sashes, stashes, Oh when was Tom sell President?
Speaker 10: I just I just know some really good elimination questions that I'm not going to tell you that well obviously, and I'm not gonna screw anything.
Speaker 1: I know an answer.
Speaker 5: Really give it to you, Tom Selligan chips.
Speaker 9: No, it's magnif magn Eric a Strada short short Sean Ron Jeremy. I will say, it's tough to play, dude. It is the one time I tried to do it. My kid was still very young. I've always had a full beard, and I did it one time to go and throw with this band that I was in, and my kid distrusted me.
Speaker 7: For a year, like it like didn't recognize me.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 7: It was a traumatic thing. They still remember it to this day and they're fifteen.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: This is like when they were like six.
Speaker 3: Speaking of fifteen, whether we had fifteen or sixteen sixteen, Dave, you got a guest on a president and you want to throw on it from the eighteen I'm.
Speaker 11: Still I'm still trying to think of things that will help us eliminate. Like we could ask about, uh they sign any famous.
Speaker 7: Can I do it a hint?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you just said, okay, okay, just to just quit pro quo because you know we were we had such lovely hints last nime. Maybe helpful, since we've said us presidents, may be helpful to think of things that distinguished those public figures, right, so we talked about must stashes.
Speaker 7: Maybe keep pulling threads.
Speaker 2: How about this case. I mean, it's only what I can think.
Speaker 5: Of his political party. He was a Republican?
Speaker 8: Was it?
Speaker 5: It was a compliment back then for me?
Speaker 2: Can I guess the flex?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess that he's the only person to be a president and a Supreme Court justice.
Speaker 5: Boom, you got it.
Speaker 9: Boo officially annihilated Team Ridiculous Issue.
Speaker 10: All right, So to jump in here, for anyone who's listening to Ridiculous History, they will know that William Howard Taft is often remarked as one of my favorite presidents. He did a lot of good stuff. The funniest thing I had like five flexes. You would have gotten any of them.
Speaker 9: You I would have kind of know you picked up that was obviously the most remarkable one.
Speaker 7: I mean he picked that right off. Well there's the getting stuck in a bathtub.
Speaker 5: That's fake.
Speaker 10: He did not get say, but he looked at the bathtub and he liked taking baths. He looked at the bathtub and he said, let's get a or one.
Speaker 6: And I think that that is an amazing point for us to speak your points. Uh, guys, congratulations to ridiculous Elizabeth Zar and Dave. Do you do you have any thank you speeches to your adoring fans before you learn your prize?
Speaker 7: I want to.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you guys that for you know, coming together and giving me something absolutely fun and escapist and silly on a day when you know we don't always get those kind of things.
Speaker 7: I feel this.
Speaker 9: We feel the same way about y'all. I really we do have to kind of make this a rolling things.
Speaker 7: So that we can clar our way back out of this pit of that is being the losers of a ridiculous twenty question.
Speaker 1: That's that's my challenge to to you guys is come up with another game. You do a different games, different games, and then we can or next time.
Speaker 5: We will only do animals. We will only do animals.
Speaker 1: You're saying you want me to win again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was gonna say it's too much, because Elizabeth knows every living person.
Speaker 1: And living I can't name the president, but she guessed half.
Speaker 7: Very well done.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: The guy was notably an animal of state craft, right, and we're thankful, I guess for as ye right, I'm really knowing it today. I'm actually not that bad at these so I'm gonna I'm gonna point that out in all.
Speaker 7: But we do have a prize for you. Yeah, yeah, prize because to the victors go the spoils. We earlier mentioned our drawing room, So as the winners of this great collaboration, you, the the rulers of the rude Dudes, can tell us what kind of drawing you would like for us to make for you, and we will make it and we will send it to you. It's not the best of prizes.
Speaker 5: But we do have a budget, so I'm gonna stay taft like A like A, like A.
Speaker 7: It's up to you.
Speaker 1: I think a drawing of our show mascot, which is a dog, generally a Golden Retriever wearing sunglasses that's that's top optional, that's the ultimate.
Speaker 2: Root party mode.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, uh.
Speaker 5: No, no, the question.
Speaker 1: I wanted to give you a gorgeous portrait of Taft and you want to.
Speaker 9: Know, how about we do Taft as dog wearing sunglass with mustache.
Speaker 6: But what you guys, that's a great idea. What you guys saw me typing was internal note to myself, which was like, how sexy you shout the retriever.
Speaker 5: You should have a bit of a cam hither vibe, but not trying too hard.
Speaker 2: Thirsty whatever dog has Taft on a leash.
Speaker 5: Making him sniff the glove like it's a fine line.
Speaker 1: GPT.
Speaker 5: Right now, we don't need chet GPT.
Speaker 2: We have.
Speaker 7: It's called imagination.
Speaker 6: I'm typing it for and actually a doc ad open for notes on another show.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna leave it later. No, you can't tell our buddy that I never would I wouldn't do it.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, you know what happened is oh nice?
Speaker 2: How was that? Elizabeth producing?
Speaker 5: We won?
Speaker 1: We won, and that was a lot of fun, especially because we won.
Speaker 2: I didn't really think, honestly, I didn't think we were going to win.
Speaker 5: I thought it was die. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: It's fun because we won and because those guys are cool, but it was also they made.
Speaker 3: It a lot of fun to beat them. Yeah, so it was really it was like way to go, man. It was the journey and the destination really was the winner's podium. Anyway, there you go. That's all we got for you for this episode. So as always, uh, you know, you can hit us up online Ridiculous Crime on the social media.
Speaker 2: We have our website.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous Crime dot com and we love your talkback, So go on the iHeart app hit us up.
Speaker 2: Maybe you'll hear your voice here with a talkback.
Speaker 3: And also you can email us if you like a ridiculous crime at gmail dot com and type in dear Dear Ben, dear Ben and knowl Well, thanks for listening. We'll catch you next crime. Ridiculous Crime is hosted by Elizabeth Dutton and Zaren Burnette, produced and edited by the one and only the producer d Dave.
Speaker 7: And starring Annalys Rutger as Juda.
Speaker 3: Research is by fun Fact aficionados Marisa Brown and Andrea song Sharbontia. Our theme song is by Thomas I also once walked around the world in my mind. Lee and Travis. Why would you tell people that Dutton? The host wardrobe provided by Botany five hundred guests, hair and makeup by Sparkleshot and Mister. Executive producers are Howard Taft, Truthers, Ben Bowman and Noel Brown.
Speaker 1: Redicous Crime, Say It one More Timequious Crime.
Speaker 4: Ridiculous Crime is a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: Four more podcasts from my heart Radio.
Speaker 3: Visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.