Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya Rat, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: That was not the right one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mark, I'm sorry, Give him a Memorial Day.
Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becha Tilly and Tanya Rad and iHeartRadio and two time People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 4: Oh, we're all on the practice today.
Speaker 5: Give her a Memorial Day.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this for and Tanya Rad and iHeart Radio and two time People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 6: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 2: Like I mess up one time after doing this for nearly eight years. And the look I got.
Speaker 5: Everybody's just being a little rusty today, and everybody to focus in things, deliver an incredible podcast today.
Speaker 7: The thing is that every time Mark is played the wrong one, I'm the one who catches it.
Speaker 2: I would have called actually, no, no, no, no, how is everyone doing?
Speaker 4: Oh so good?
Speaker 3: Feeling resided, feeling summertime ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah, summertime is nearly It's here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, officially is official, the official kickoff.
Speaker 2: It feels good? Yeah, I mean la is near. It's kind of summer. I would say eighty percent of the.
Speaker 4: Time, endless summer. That was the whole beach Boys Vibe, endless summer.
Speaker 5: Not so much anymore, if I'm being honest. It gets cold up in here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you lived in Minnesota, you would see this is Minnesota, right, But I'm just saying it's all relative.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it is all relative, such as life.
Speaker 9: Such as life and her puffer literal winter puffer jacket for her first podcast of the summer.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: I got my big puffer on today, but it's cropped, so.
Speaker 7: Yeah, not full length. This is the summer puffer. Yes, this is the summer fun.
Speaker 4: California. Is it really exactly eighty degrees?
Speaker 2: I'm in a sweater, but I was saying, like, I went outside to walk Phoebe and it was cold, and I thought, I'm gonna wear sweater today. And then I walked back outside in my said sweater and it was eighty and sunny.
Speaker 5: So so I realized that I run cold, like just to generally like, I run cold, like I am a person.
Speaker 3: Some people run hot, some people run cold. I run cold.
Speaker 5: And I realized I was talking to this lovely hostess. Uh not over the weekend? When was it maybe last week? And She was explaining to me that I should cut out cold foods, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, Aha, what cold foods? Are you having anything that's cold?
Speaker 5: I know I'm done with it?
Speaker 2: What is that just there?
Speaker 3: I've done. If I want dessert, I'm gonna have a warm cookie.
Speaker 4: And this will change your entire body.
Speaker 3: By my something internally. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it couldn't have anything to do with like the Hashi mottos or like the autoimmune stuff. It's just eating cold food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like cold salads?
Speaker 2: Was she a doctor? This one?
Speaker 4: More salads?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Cold not cold? Warm salads?
Speaker 4: Yes, groast cold salace woman?
Speaker 2: Was this woman a doctor?
Speaker 5: Or did she ever remembered listening to a podcast which I'm a huge fan. I read a book by some I can't remember the name of the person, but I was like, wow, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Your soup. I can't wait to hear.
Speaker 5: Warmth.
Speaker 2: She's leaning into warmth.
Speaker 3: If it's cold, don't give it to me.
Speaker 7: Okay, So every drinks are all warm? Oh yeah, your water's warm right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Stuffine not cold, but it's Yeah.
Speaker 4: According to Chashi, there is some validity to the idea that people who run cold might benefit from avoiding cold.
Speaker 2: Food This isn't like this is common sense that if you want to warm up you eat warm foods.
Speaker 5: You don't have common sense to me because I've been eating cold foods my entire life, freezing shigary like a timber.
Speaker 2: I don't think you eat a lot of as many cold foods as you think.
Speaker 5: I eat so many cold foods every time I grab something out of fridge. Cold cucumbers, cold tuna salad, cold cold, right for it.
Speaker 2: To be okay to eat?
Speaker 5: No, you watch hot tuna salad yeps, like a bacteria growth. Well, maybe tuda salad is not gonna be on the menu anymore. This is new pursuit for my summer venture.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll check back on that in a few weeks, potentially by Thursday's episode.
Speaker 3: I have warmags for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like scrambled eating.
Speaker 4: Eating warm foods are cold, It doesn't change your body composition. Warm foods might support digestion, comfort and that sort of thing which could indirectly help your overall physique.
Speaker 3: Yep, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: So also, if you're cold, wear warm clothes.
Speaker 3: It couldn't be warmer. I'm wearing puffer.
Speaker 2: And if you're cold, wear less clothes.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean if you'r hot, wear less clothes. If your cold, wear more clothes.
Speaker 8: Yes, doing that same viment.
Speaker 3: I'm literally doing that.
Speaker 2: Well I'm excited to hear if that changes anything for you and check in with Robbie and see, like if you're wearing less clothing. How was San Diego? It was great.
Speaker 5: I feel like I did so much in one weekend. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Start us from the beginning.
Speaker 5: Well, if you must know, no joking, we hit a bit of traffic. We went down to San Diego. Was my mom's seventieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Was that Friday or Saturday?
Speaker 3: We left Saturday morning thinking we'd beat the traffic.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've done that because my daughter goes to school down there Saturday morning. You think you're going to beat the system. Yeah, if you want to leave by seven am, great, Yeah, yeah that was I forget it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was our issue.
Speaker 4: But but what's interesting is that it backs up in the middle of nowhere, Like you think it back up as you get into the city, But there's a stretch kind of near Camp Pendleton down there where there's nothing around you for miles and it's just bam.
Speaker 3: Bam, bam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we we the whole plan was sleeve Saturday morning so that we'd like beat the traffic, and we in fact it not. But let me back up, because Friday night we had a big venture to Creighton Barrel. You had a new coffee machine.
Speaker 2: Didn't know what you were gonna say. Okay, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you're one of these people.
Speaker 5: But we walk in and there was like a floor model and you know, like every store has like their floor model. Yeah, they're basically selling it for fifty percent off, and this was like the Big Mama.
Speaker 9: The floor model was fifty percent off, yes, of its original price, and this was like the Big Mama.
Speaker 5: This is like the one that like you have in like the barista saw shops, Like no human needs a coffee machine that like this detailed in advanced. Yeah, but the price of the Big Mama on the floor display was like literally just a hair more expensive than like the worst model in the store. So the woman's like really trying to discourage us from getting the floor model because she was like, you don't know what pieces are missing, we can't guarantee that it even works, like you know, all those things.
Speaker 3: It's basically like final sale.
Speaker 5: You get what you get and we can't guarantee anything, right, So Robbie picks it up, brings it over to the outlet to plug it in to make sure that it works. It works somehow. It's like we figure out what pieces are missing. You can order them all on like the website to get delivered to your house. So we're walking home with this freaking gigantic espresso maker that doesn't even fit in our kitchen.
Speaker 3: The thing doesn't even.
Speaker 2: Fit out of the cabinets of our kitchen. I'm stressed.
Speaker 3: And it's all ours now. It was final sale and upid deal.
Speaker 4: It doesn't fit in your house. You don't know how it works. You have to order parts online.
Speaker 2: Inconvenient on sale.
Speaker 5: It's literally I'm like the corner right by our sink because it's like the only place in our kitchen that it'll fit.
Speaker 3: I'm like, where were supposed to put our dirty dishes?
Speaker 2: Is he making some good coffee?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Let me tell you, once you find the space for that, bad boy, get the missing part.
Speaker 3: We might put it up in our bedroom. But once we find a space for it, yeah, it's gonna be worth it.
Speaker 5: Bottle, Yeah, exactly. So Anyways, that was our big Friday night. Saturday, we went down to San Diego and spent a lot of time with my family, slept at my parents' house. I don't know about your parents, but like I could literally sit on the couch with my mom for twenty four hours and she would be so happy, Like that's literally all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my parents are quite content like that as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like all she wants to do is just sit on the couch with me. She doesn't need any fancy nothing, like just me plopped down on her couch.
Speaker 3: But we did. We went and had like a big lunch on Saturday.
Speaker 5: My brother went surfing, or my Robbie and my brother went surfing Saturday morning together Sunday morning, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then we did.
Speaker 5: A big barbecue. My dad celebrated fifty years in the United States. Wow, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 5: We celebrated that anniversary. And then we came back on Monday, Memorial Day and had a barbecue with his dad and that was it. Wow, a big day, A lot, a lot going on.
Speaker 3: Lot going on. Yeah, traffic on the way home.
Speaker 5: Was great, and yeah, because you never know, you never know to come back Monday morning.
Speaker 4: Oh nice.
Speaker 2: On the holidays, yes, yes, sometimes you think it's going to be smart and then everyone's trying to get back at the same time.
Speaker 9: Yes, we had fears, but had traumas from the previous excursion.
Speaker 5: But we made it back in like a little under three hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice, would you do? I mean I felt like we I basically didn't have much to do all week, so I kind of had like the week off, so we like had last yeah, last Wednesday, summer break year round for me. On Wednesday, Hailey was off as well, so we went to Malibu and went to the beach and it was so fun because hardly anyone was there and we took Phoebe. And then Thursday we went to this Pride and Prejudice event. So I'm not a big period piece same lover. Like I never got into Bridger To I never got into those movies, but it's one of Hailey's favorite movies. And so she told me that she got tickets for this twenty year anniversary event. Yeah, and it was just a very like like it was a ball basically, So, I mean it was beautiful. Was it? Huntington Gardens in Pasadena at the Langham or whatever the hotel and it looked I mean they had like ice sculptures, a caviar bars. It was really fancy. But everyone was so dressed up. It was really cute, very wholesome. They had an orchestra playing in the ballroom. It was very cute. And Haley has a book her next books called where There's Room for Us and it's kind of a period piece. So we went to get inspired, Get Inspired, and so that was on thursdaynight. It was actually really fun. And then Friday we had a birthday dinner for our friend Keana. Went to dinner and then we went out to a bar after. I haven't done that in a long time. But bar oh, it was so cute. I don't even know. It was over by little tavern No, no, no, it was like on the east Side.
Speaker 5: East side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It didn't even have signage the bar. Oh. But you go in and then in the back there's like this tiny little alleyway with like brick walls. It felt like we were in New York City. It was really cute. I'll get the name for you so we can go rage. Yeah. We had her niece's birthday, so we had family time that we went to all Mission Impossible. Oh wow, we love the Mission Impossible series. I do too.
Speaker 3: I've never seen one episode.
Speaker 2: Okay, so during COVID we watched all of them during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: How many are there?
Speaker 2: I think this was the eighth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the race.
Speaker 2: You actually would probably love them really so. They're so fun, they're so fun.
Speaker 3: And they're all Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, this is.
Speaker 4: The eighth and final?
Speaker 2: Yeah, even final.
Speaker 3: You think they would want to do ten?
Speaker 2: He could have split this one into two in my opinion, and maybe done a third one. He's probably tired. He does all his own stunts.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get a stunt man for the tenth.
Speaker 2: There's one scene where in it's on the poster, so I'm not giving me. He's on a plane and he did the stunt like he's on a plane on the outside, on the wing of an airplane.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, but it really does add to the film.
Speaker 2: Did you see it does?
Speaker 4: Does previous?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: You would know, No, you wouldn't.
Speaker 2: You can tell. Haley was like, I know he does all his own stunts, and I know he did that, but I can't figure out how he did that they're.
Speaker 5: Telling me when you're watching all these shows, it's stunt douvil.
Speaker 2: No, you've never seen where people pause and you can tell it's like not.
Speaker 4: The Persson when they roll and they hit the ground, they cover their head. Yeah, because it's not them. Start paying attention right out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not Tom Cruise.
Speaker 4: I love seeing his face off the side of that mountain or leaping from a building. I think that's really awesome.
Speaker 2: I think he's the only person that does it, and it's what makes those movies feel. So he can hold his breath for six minutes?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 7: And Haley and I tried and I got to forty seconds.
Speaker 3: I should probably do a minute and a half.
Speaker 7: You say that, we'll try it after this, Okay, so start doing your breath work. So anyways, that was Saturday, and then Sunday we went to the park for Keanu's like big birthday.
Speaker 2: It was her thirtieth. And then it was a really awesome another new spot. It was this park on the east in East Hollywood. You can see the Hollywood sign. It's like, oh, I.
Speaker 5: Think I've been there, Ashley, I no, no, no, oh.
Speaker 2: But that was a good one too, And then yesterday we did them all day shopping. We were trying to find stuff for the a du but no success. But fun, great times.
Speaker 5: There's nothing I would rather do less than go to a shopping mall, honestly, like Century City. I would like to go to the movie there. I'd like to go see a movie there, perhaps dabble in the chocolate shop before, maybe go to the food court for a little.
Speaker 3: Lunch after that.
Speaker 4: Right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like perusing to shop, so not me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, oh we went to we just like brows. We went to Ring Concierge.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I saw that, but he's engage in ring.
Speaker 2: So we went into in conciers. They gifted us and jewel I got this this little bracelet, oh nice cute, and then Haley got a ring. But then they have like gorgeous engagement engagement rings naturally, and so we were just like trying on. Haley was like trying to see what like shape she likes, and she had she did not find her perfect shape, so that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Oh how does she not? Which ones? Did she try on?
Speaker 2: All of them?
Speaker 5: And she didn't like any of them.
Speaker 2: She just feels like, oh my gosh, like she was like, this is a stunning ring, but she didn't like how it looked on her finger, So I'm gonna have to get really creative. It seems with that process she.
Speaker 5: Didn't like any of the shapes. That seems wild.
Speaker 2: She would like them, but she was like, oh maybe if this was turned sideway like you know that. I think she's just gonna it's gonna be a very specific you know, she's a she's like cool and edgy and has her own styles.
Speaker 4: I'm so impressed that she can write books like you wrote a book.
Speaker 3: No, but I wrote half a book because we're kel wrote the other hand.
Speaker 4: I could, but plus yours were like in pieces, a narrative over.
Speaker 3: No, it's so different.
Speaker 2: One time I thought I could write a book, so I started it and I maybe did like one notes page, and I was like, uh, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Not to discredit myself, because what I did was extremely hard, But when I did what I did, I realized how incredibly hard it is to write like a full blown book, because you're right, I had pieces, like I could write it in pieces.
Speaker 2: But do you know what's even seems even harder than writing a book is directing a movie based on what that's easy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: That's piece of case.
Speaker 2: Because with a book you can you can stretch your imagination and you have there's no budget for a story, like you don't have to go within the limits of a budget to create a world or story or scene, whereas when you're filming you have to do it within a budget.
Speaker 4: Than that, when you're creating a world on the page, the amount of vocabulary and descriptive language, I just don't think I could ever do that in a million years, So.
Speaker 3: It's very hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Did you like the movie? By the way, it seemed like you thought it was too long.
Speaker 2: I did. I thought it was too long. And I also felt like, you know how all my favorite part about the mission impossible movies were like the masks and all the things where you go, oh my gosh, they really this is stuff that they could be doing, you know, with advanced technology. This felt like impossible in a way of like come on, you know, But but it was fun.
Speaker 3: It was a fun movie if you ask me.
Speaker 2: You know, I just found it to be long. There were like so many missions within the one movie. As opposed I'm like, why didn't I not just do what Wicked did film at all? Split it into two?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, but I don't know. I haven't I haven't seen any reviews or I don't know what the people are saying. So well, but it was entertaining enough.
Speaker 4: I was doing a Rotten Tomatoes dot.
Speaker 2: Wait before we hear that, let's take a break.
Speaker 3: I know you guys also haven't noticed anything about me, which is.
Speaker 5: Sad.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll be right back to discuss, all right on the Okay, Well, what had Rotten Tomatoes say?
Speaker 4: Critics give it eighty percent positive reviews and viewers actual ticket buyers give it eighty nine positive very good.
Speaker 2: I would say I'm in the minority then, which is fine. I have a low My attention span is the bare minimum. So the fact that I can sit through a long movie like that is a success in an in and of itself. Okay, so we haven't noticed something about you that's different? Oh your eyebrows?
Speaker 5: Oh you don't notice in my eyebrows? Yeah, they're fully laminated.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, I literally, okay, I literally was gonna ask if you did got your eyebrows done? And then why didn't you? Because in my mind I feel like you would have posted about it.
Speaker 5: I did, Oh, thanks for watching.
Speaker 2: I watched all your stuff, so I must have just missed it. They look great.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh I did see it because I remember I thought it was I'm sorry, I'm sorry. They look really good. I didn't know that you ever stopped laminating your brows.
Speaker 5: For like, I didn't touch my eyebrows first of all, like two years, and I regret not doing my eyebrows before my wedding DNA.
Speaker 2: I can't hear about the pre the wedding regrets because I was like, are you sure you don't want to do this, and you're like, nope, I just want to look like every day's self. And you looked amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean really like I don't have I'm not serious about it, but I feel like my laminated eyebrows may me look so put together when I have no makeup on the eyebrows do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they bring everything together.
Speaker 3: They bring it all together.
Speaker 2: Did you go to a new person?
Speaker 3: Same girl?
Speaker 2: But I've only gotten her twice in a couple of years.
Speaker 3: See, she's like, who's been doing her brows? I'm like, no, no, no, I'm not touching them. So last person was you?
Speaker 2: They look great?
Speaker 5: Thank you, congrats, thank you.
Speaker 4: You know you didn't get them for the wedding though, because gosh, I know, Mark, that's all at my table was talking.
Speaker 3: About my eyebrows up there.
Speaker 4: I know, just out of control.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: You did get a matching earring, so you're matching. Yeah, butterflies. She got these furs for her wedding, the bridesmaids.
Speaker 5: I got, like my bridesmaids these butterfly earrings for the wedding, and they're so cute, Like I'm obsessed with them, and I was like, why do I not have one that matches?
Speaker 3: Said bridesmaids? So I got one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the most Tawnia thing you've having. Fomo over the gift that you got us.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, I feel like you and my sister are the only people that wear them on the regular.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but still, just the fact that all of you.
Speaker 5: Have them made me feel like you needed one.
Speaker 3: Feel like I needed one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm just gonna be like summer, Tanya's gonna be.
Speaker 2: A vibe, tell me more.
Speaker 3: She's just gonna be like, Yeah, let's discuss.
Speaker 2: Your ends and you're out.
Speaker 4: What perfect transition that was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I wanted to talk about your ins and outs for the summer.
Speaker 3: Tell me about yours.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to talk about yours first. Okay, the ends taking your dog everywhere.
Speaker 5: Everywhere they get like they only get like fifteen summers. I've been watching a lot of those videos lately, and my like our family dog is like on her last hurrah. I don't know if she'll even make it to August. And it made me realize they only have like so many summers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so where are you taking her?
Speaker 3: Just everywhere everywhere?
Speaker 2: So diego going on the honeymoon.
Speaker 10: Oh that's the only place we can't really take her. But yeah, there's like a lot of like foreign policy with dogs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so a lot of rules, a lot of rules, And I don't know how she would last on.
Speaker 2: She would do great because she was amazing in Mexico.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: In the wedding. She was great.
Speaker 3: I know, she really stepped.
Speaker 2: She's always good, like she's a really great dog, but better in Mexico than she is at home.
Speaker 5: And I agree, like she knew, like she was like mom and dad are getting married. I need to be on my best behavior.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming homemade almond milk lattes came because you have carried your two large expresso machine with missing pieces. Exactly.
Speaker 5: Who needs a ten dollar when I can make liquid gold at my house.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for updates on that. Jelly sandals, Yes you've worn them, Yes and love them.
Speaker 5: I just about a second pairw I have clear and not I have black coming?
Speaker 3: What Amazon dot com?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: Just type in jelly sandals, shorter hair and nails.
Speaker 2: The nails are looking long today, so tell me tell me more.
Speaker 5: So I'm getting them done today. Thank you for asking me. I haven't done them in seven weeks. This is seven weeks.
Speaker 3: Have growout.
Speaker 2: That is such a great review for whoever did your nails?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much. Seven weeks so I'll get wayward.
Speaker 2: Seven weeks is growing to the left.
Speaker 3: So I really want to try natural nails. I really want to try natural nails.
Speaker 2: Like this, she's curved.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really want to try to do like the natural nail look. But I feel like I need to like wean myself there. So now I'm just gonna go shorter.
Speaker 2: Mine are short.
Speaker 5: That's very short. Yeah, I heard square nails are like the new thing.
Speaker 3: I don't like square. Did you know that though I did. Square nails are in for summer, according to your according to like pop culture.
Speaker 2: One thing about me is I do what works for you. Well, what looks good on me, not what's like popular, because then is.
Speaker 3: That you're very trendy.
Speaker 4: I do what work like.
Speaker 2: I'll try things, but if I don't like it, then I'm not going to force it just because it's a trend.
Speaker 3: Done it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, day drinking?
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, how have you done? By the way, my understanding was Tany was going the entire month of May without drinking, and it is today May twenty seventh, Tuesday, the twenty seventh of May, just four days, shy of make it all the way through the month. So Tanya, how did we do?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 5: Hold on, yes, we made it up until.
Speaker 3: May twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 3: You're drinking until May twenty fourth?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: On Saturday for my mom's seventieth Oh oh.
Speaker 4: You look at me like I'm supposed to feel bad for such.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't drink celebrate birthday.
Speaker 3: We needed to celebrate and did we had a minimum?
Speaker 5: We had a minimum at honor at our reserve table. So everybody was like, we just got to do it for the minimum, So we did it for the minimum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did what you had to do.
Speaker 3: We did what we had to do for my mom's birthday in.
Speaker 4: Honor of I'm sure she appreciates that she did.
Speaker 3: She didn't drink, but the rest of us did.
Speaker 4: So you could have not.
Speaker 2: Your mom didn't drink.
Speaker 4: But God, sounds like mom's just the excuse. What Mom's just the expense.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I didn't know you were doing in twenty four days. Is great.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: I felt really good about it as well.
Speaker 2: Did you feel great or did you not notice the difference?
Speaker 5: I realized what I realized through the month of May is that I tend to like a glass of wine is just like easy, Like I'm like, oh I lone want to glass of wine, when in reality I don't need it.
Speaker 3: So I realized that about myself. I did miss it.
Speaker 4: And so now that you've started drinking again, yeah, you're going all in. Oh yeah, day drinking drinking is an inn. You got to make up for lost time. Yes, yeah, yeah, just had it way.
Speaker 5: Too super super Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like come to mama.
Speaker 2: And day drinking has an exclamation point. Wow.
Speaker 3: Next, because night drinking is not for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you want to experience your hangover same day, yes, yeah, wake up fresh, yes, okay, walking ten k a day, that's I feel like that's been an in pretty for a minute. Yeah, soft blank with jalipanio.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't be a new drink for summer.
Speaker 2: You like it.
Speaker 3: I haven't tried it, but it's going to be my new drink.
Speaker 2: How are these your tried them?
Speaker 3: Because it's like the new thing.
Speaker 5: I've been seeing a lot of people that's saying savion blanc with halapano is like the drink of the summer twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five, because it's probably it gives the same effect as the spicy margarita. Probably. Yeah, Okay, Mustaches.
Speaker 3: For men obviously had to throw one in there for Robbie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about for women?
Speaker 3: Mustaches for women?
Speaker 2: Now? Living it up during your luteal phase? Correct?
Speaker 5: Okay, I tend to be a little hibernation the nation during the luteal phase, not in the summer.
Speaker 4: The downer that leads into it.
Speaker 2: Correct, gotcha, it's the week where everyone hates you. Nothing fits right, you look, you don't look like yourself. Everything's heavy. But not for Talua this summer grilled corn. Yes, is that not? Has that ever been an owl?
Speaker 5: I've never liked corn, and now I've discovered this love of corn.
Speaker 3: I'm like so happy and I feel like I missed out on so much of it in my life.
Speaker 4: Corn is like, I'm serious, corn on the grill, the corn on the cob on the grill and phenomena.
Speaker 5: Yes, and you should try Robbie's because he rubs it with like different spices.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure it's great.
Speaker 5: It's so good, and I'm like saddened that I've wasted a good twenty to thirty years of my life without corn.
Speaker 3: So this summer there's corn on the menu.
Speaker 2: Summer of grilled corn.
Speaker 3: I'm ordering it.
Speaker 4: Something turn you off to corn at some point in your life?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I heard it was like very sugary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's not like a vegetable.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's not like good for you growing up.
Speaker 4: So that was one of our vegan yes too.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've always heard like corn is just so it's like basically candy. So my mind, I just like never wanted corn, Like I wouldn't even let them put corn in my salad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: So now it's a big summer for you. Summer corn All day Bay Bay Staple earrings.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't want to be like changing my earrings every day.
Speaker 2: Oh I just have your stack. Yeah okay, uh trashy reality.
Speaker 4: TV shows seems like a perennial.
Speaker 5: Summer of Love Island. I mean, you gotta give it. You just got to give in.
Speaker 2: Thirty SPF Tower twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have a new sunscreen.
Speaker 2: This podcast is not sponsored.
Speaker 5: Put a lot of work into that sunscreen. So I'm gonna be rocking it this summer. Red light masks, yes, have you noticed my face?
Speaker 2: I just feel like you're always glowing, so like when you try these things, I feel like you always have like glowy pretty skin.
Speaker 5: Always meaning before my wedding, always really interesting so.
Speaker 2: We can eat. I think we can credit the La facialist Candice for your skin more than the red lights.
Speaker 5: I feel like because I started doing this red light mask after the wedding because I didn't want to do anything new before the wedding, when I'm so pissed I didn't because it has like literally I don't know what it does, but it's doing something to my face.
Speaker 4: Do you sleep with it? Or it's just ten minutes of red light watching TV?
Speaker 3: Or well I don't open my eyes, so I just kind of like sit there.
Speaker 2: It's very interesting. You and Alley are so similar but like different fonts.
Speaker 3: Fonts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like y'all are the same but different.
Speaker 6: Tell me just like your fixations and like what you you focus on something for like a just a second and then you're it's okay the second I'm saying, like you like, and then you're wearing this red light mask into eternity.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, okay, so this is not just an end for this summer. Yes, this is a longer term might end. Oh yeah, and this.
Speaker 2: Corn chowder and like.
Speaker 3: The fall, No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Corn nuts, candy corn.
Speaker 3: What's a candy corn?
Speaker 2: It's delicious, it's not cold. It's not cold, it's candy. It's cold. Using chat GPT for everything that's in yes, no, oh yeah, I had for the environment. We can't use it for everything.
Speaker 5: Playing that to me, I don't understand that it's using energy. It's like using energy or what doesn't use energy?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's just saying it's using it's it's saying we already have a lot using energy, so you're you're adding more. I use it. I'm just saying for everything, we have to still use our brains. We have to like grow, like we can't be like getting older and not use our brains and like do research on things.
Speaker 3: No, well where would you research on Google?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Use chat chipet Yeah, I don't know. I just every time.
Speaker 4: Idea is the chetch uses more energy than a Google AI does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess AI in general uses more energy, is what I've read.
Speaker 5: Well, then let's stop the AI people taking people's jobs. Fine, to let them take over the other Internet engines. I don't care about that, but like the AI that's gonna start videot being the video people on movies and.
Speaker 3: Like all that stuff that take you away jobs.
Speaker 5: Let's stop that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I'm with you, thank you. I'm not against you on that. I love. I fear that chat GPT is too convenient and it makes things so easy that you don't have to like use critical thinking. It's amazing, but it like it takes you.
Speaker 3: Using critical thinking for.
Speaker 2: I'm saying anything if I have a question about it, instead of like going on and like looking and researching it's so easy to just go to chat GPT and it's right there. You don't have to think or use your your brain. Really, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Couldn't you make the same argument about Google twenty years ago the Internet?
Speaker 2: You can. I'm just telling AI is a little I'm not one hundred percent sure about it, and I use it. I'm just saying for everything.
Speaker 5: I don't you know what you could use chat GPT for what you could put in a picture of Haley's hand and say I want a cool edgy engaging ring for my girlfriend and it would give you amazing options.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but see, that's something I would like to put the thought in, like my own thought. But you know what I loved it for was seeing what Phoebe would look as a human.
Speaker 7: That's very important, and that's important that they feel important, and she it was quite accurate to what I've always pictured.
Speaker 2: Okay, here are Tanya's outs. But should we take a break.
Speaker 4: I think we should? But what if tiny things out for the summer of twenty five?
Speaker 5: Is anyone not corn?
Speaker 2: All Right? We are back with Tanya's outs ten dollar coffee. Of course, she's got to say that because they have just splurged on an oversize espressent machine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but those lattes are expensive these days. You know what it's crazy.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy is I went we on our shopping journey yesterday. In between stores, I was like, I need a snut, a little espresso. No, we went to McDonald's and I just wanted a little salty fry and a little salty dye coke. And I went to pay. We all got a fry and a coke. It was thirty dollars, so many of you four and used to be able to get that felt so expensive to me.
Speaker 4: So we got four we didn't even get Oh we.
Speaker 2: Did get we got a chicken strip thing. But that's it. Thirty dollars.
Speaker 4: I'm McDonald's in a long long time. Yes, I'm with you. Like fries used to cost like a dollar, like a dollar small fries was on the ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Anyways, Yeah with you.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, the lattes are twenty bucks.
Speaker 5: You can get it, not really twenty but ten dollars.
Speaker 7: I feel like my parents though, because like they talk about how cheap everything was, and I'm experiencing that now and it's weird, it's jarring, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: So this one you say it was controversial, Yes, out up in arms or a ring?
Speaker 5: Wow, why is it out for you?
Speaker 3: I had a realization and it's twofold. Why it's out for me? One?
Speaker 5: I was obsessed with it. I have an obsessive personality. I don't know if you if you know that about me, but I became very obsessed with it and I felt like it was like not helping me in any way, Like if it said I was having if I slept bad, I would have a bad day, when I was like, so dumb because I didn't need to have a bad day, right, So A I felt like I became to obsess with it. And then B I don't know what the word is. What are these emf e?
Speaker 3: Is it emf oh?
Speaker 5: Like all the wearables that people are wearing, sure, the apple watches, the or rings, these things that are just on our skin twenty four to seven. I don't like it. I don't want it on me. I don't want touching me. And when I sleep, I sleep on my hands like, I sleep with my thighs, my hands on my thighs so like, and I sleep my hands go on my thighs and I'm on the bed like this, so my.
Speaker 3: Hands are in between my bed and my thighs. So not only is it right around my.
Speaker 4: On your stomach, yeah, we got to get more into this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on my stomach, on your stomach, yes, oh.
Speaker 5: On my stomach, on my bed. So this is my bed. I'm on my stomach. My head is tilted to the side, usually the side.
Speaker 2: Hands on your thighs, yes, because I'm cold, but not anymore because we're switching to warm pood.
Speaker 3: So my hands are between the bed and my thighs. So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Not only.
Speaker 5: So it's not just like around my finger now it's around my finger and my leg.
Speaker 2: But the inner, the inner, it is what you're worried about, not that it.
Speaker 3: Where are these rays going these? Is it EMFs?
Speaker 4: Electromagnetic field?
Speaker 5: Yes? Where are these EMFs going? I don't need them around my finger, around my thigh or on my vagina. I don't need them around.
Speaker 3: Any of it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Okay, So that's out.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's quite a mental picture of that position to sleep.
Speaker 2: Well, I was picturing her on her back, So the head to the side really threw me like you do you need a brace? Are you looking at Robbie? Why are you.
Speaker 5: Doing I've slept with you in the same bed.
Speaker 3: You didn't notice?
Speaker 2: No memory is really sick that one night. Oh no, I didn't and I actually okay Rose mm hmm.
Speaker 4: The artist, Oh wow, thank you the artist.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding Rose. The wine okay, just not you just so basic. What's the block with Edgy?
Speaker 2: You even had it basic? If you love Rose, don't listen to her. That's just okay.
Speaker 7: Jorts Yeah, you literally last week said your jorts are in.
Speaker 2: You ordered them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was bad, got them.
Speaker 2: I'm so tamazon they went. She's sent me a picture.
Speaker 3: It's horrendous.
Speaker 5: I tried it with every shoe in my closet, a tennis shoe, a sneaker, a heel, a mule.
Speaker 3: A kitten heel. Bad.
Speaker 2: Where did they hit? They hit like below the knee or a right.
Speaker 3: Above the knee. No, I think my knees.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're in two time?
Speaker 5: I think my knees.
Speaker 2: Listen, Prime, we're not talking about their knees aging enough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what am I thirty seven about to be thirty eight?
Speaker 3: My knees?
Speaker 5: It's time for my knees to be covered.
Speaker 4: I think, I mean visually, your knees are aging, not internally.
Speaker 5: Well actually both yeah, yeah, I don't think they're aging. They're just not looking crisp like they do.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They don't have the right above the knee, and the knee becomes the focal point of the outfit.
Speaker 3: We have made your issues.
Speaker 5: Okay, Mama is not coming home.
Speaker 2: I think you need to try a dort below the knee. That's what I was picturing for you, below the knee jort, like a low rise below the knee jort with a heel and a cute like sleeve. Us stop, I'll try it, yeah, why not?
Speaker 5: Yeah I will, But let me tell.
Speaker 2: You chunky jewelry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to try hard for me, Like it's too hard for you. No, it's just like me. It's like I'm trying too hard.
Speaker 2: With like the boo.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: I love when people can do it effortlessly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I'm just gonna be effortlessly cool.
Speaker 2: Thing I love. No, I said, I love when people can effortlessly weary. She said, yeah, yeah me indoor meals unless it's room service, always room service.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to be outside as much as possible this summer. Okay, So like eating outside, eating in our backyard.
Speaker 4: Eating it home outside, a restaurant outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if it's an indoor restaurant, not.
Speaker 2: For me, eating out the summer of eating.
Speaker 5: The summer of eating outside, exactly.
Speaker 2: Maxing out during follicular.
Speaker 5: Face with it?
Speaker 4: Okay, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: Like I would always save everything for my follicular face like in my lot be like, oh, I'm not doing any of this, I'll put all my calendar for when I'm like in my filicular stuff done.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, too much. I'm gonna spread it out.
Speaker 2: Long swim trunks for men, yeah, don't want them short short like speedo.
Speaker 5: No, not speedo, but like short shorts.
Speaker 4: Is that the trend?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 4: The trend is not that.
Speaker 2: These are for Yeah, these are just to clarify these are This is not a it's not as a please okay drama exclamation point. It's out save it for who, save it for your mom? Find my?
Speaker 3: Yes, actually wanted to talk to you about this.
Speaker 5: So life three sixty is so much better than to find my because you really I can see, like how fast you're driving, I can see what percentage battery your phone is at. I can see so much that I don't have to ask you questions anymore. Because if you're at like a restaurant, I can see the name of the I can see the like a three sixty video of the restaurant. So if you could get Life three sixty and add me, I'd love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uhuh, we'll talk.
Speaker 4: Why do you want to know how fast she's going on the freeway?
Speaker 3: It's just nice.
Speaker 4: Why do you want to know what battery life she has?
Speaker 3: It's just nice, but it's not necessary. It's just nice information.
Speaker 4: I think it's a stepping over the line. If it's family. If you want that for your step sons who are going to be at friends' houses maybe driving at some point, understand the book because we have that for the family. But one of our friends on Life three sixty it's too much information.
Speaker 5: So that's what it is. I have family on Life three sixty and friends on find My, and I'm just finding that find My is just like not as great. So if all my friends could migrate Life three sixty, it'd be splendid.
Speaker 2: Aggress on it, aggressive workouts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, done with them?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Like the like run round round round, run, Like wah, you were doing that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened to pay no gain?
Speaker 5: That is like so out?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Yes, I forgot about them. Yeah, no, pay no gain was this was like two years ago, probably more than that.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know why we've been fed that.
Speaker 5: You don't have to have.
Speaker 3: Pain for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we don't have that pain to have gain, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Cold salads, gosh.
Speaker 4: Got it? No, put it out in the sun for a few hours.
Speaker 2: Yes, let it rot. Let it warm up and rot before I'm eating it, before I touch it with my ice cold hands. Exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give me a warm dressing. Put in the microwave, no minrowave, put it over the.
Speaker 2: Stove, scrolling after eight pm?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Out?
Speaker 4: And again you were texting me at ten o'clock the other night and it wasn't even related.
Speaker 3: What day was that, mark?
Speaker 2: There's no specific days here.
Speaker 4: I don't think it matter.
Speaker 5: This is summer, and technically summer is now.
Speaker 2: Oh she's saying today agains the rules?
Speaker 3: Yes, yesterday technically all right?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So it was a Tuesday night, last Tuesday before the summer, okay, exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, my ends right off the top of my head? Are having a clean car? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the car says a lot about a person.
Speaker 2: I read that and I'm trying to focus. Did you read it or.
Speaker 3: Did you hear Chris Jenner say it?
Speaker 2: Actually it was a TikTok with Chris Jenner. Yes, yes, yes, but it wasn't Chris Jenner. And then my out is life three. I'm just kidding. It's not an out, but it's unlikely. But you still have Fine Mie, Yes.
Speaker 3: That's we always have.
Speaker 2: We will always have Fine mine. Well always, okay, there is Oh. First of all, I'm so sad because I forgot their names. But at the birthday dinner I went to, two scrubbers came up and they had gone to the Bungalow because they were like, maybe they heard us talking about I think the Bungalow when Haley and I had like when we first started dating there like maybe we'll see beck at the Bungalow. And then they went to this restaurant and Haley and I were there and.
Speaker 4: They were weird.
Speaker 2: Oh my, like they were like, this is the craziest thing. One of them was from Canada, the other one from the Bay Area, and they were so cute. Shout. I know, shout out please. I was a little I had had a couple of cocktails, so.
Speaker 3: You don't remember the name. Stephanie will shout out to the cutest scrubbers ever.
Speaker 2: Thank you for saying hill are the best.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear the craziest thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm in San Diego with my family. Two aperol sprits is deep.
Speaker 5: I can come go to the bathroom and I'm coming back to the bathroom and I hear Tanya.
Speaker 3: Who is this I don't know, walk over to her.
Speaker 5: She goes, it's me Ozma. I got stuck with you in Mexico one night and I was like, oh my gosh. So in twenty eighteen, I was flying back from Cabo. From Cabo to La my flight got canceled. When I was already like on the plane, they canceled the everybody get off the plane. We're not leaving till tomorrow. I didn't have anywhere to go. My phone for some weird I don't remember, but it was broken. It like wasn't working. So I'm like, I have no way of like communicating with anybody. The airline put us up in a hotel room. But like it was like, I didn't know this, I don't know anybody, my phone's not working, I'm staying the night in Mexico. Like it was all just like so crazy. I end up meeting this girl who lends me her phone to like call my parents let them know I'm like stuck, but I'm safe, and she ends up kind of being like my savior for this twenty four hour stint in Mexico. We start following each other on Instagram. I literally slept that night in my hotel room with like a a chair on my door because I was like alone, like I don't know. I was like, sar, I didn't know where it was. My phone wasn't working anyway. So if you start following each other on Instagram, and so I've been following her on Instagram and.
Speaker 2: It was her Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: And I just randomly saw her in San Diego.
Speaker 4: That's cool, I know.
Speaker 5: And she's like, I saw you got married, d She's married now living in San Diego.
Speaker 2: So crazy, that is crazy.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: So you never know, you never.
Speaker 3: Know who life's gonna throw back at.
Speaker 5: You, right back at you, right back, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Before we go, I want to talk about your is it a la booboo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, is that how you say it? La boo boo?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah that jealous?
Speaker 2: No, but I'm not.
Speaker 5: But how how is it?
Speaker 2: Because I'm seeing there them everywhere?
Speaker 3: Yes, I know.
Speaker 2: How do you feel to be on trend? So cool?
Speaker 4: Also in for summer la boo boo. Yes.
Speaker 5: However, people were messaging me after they saw my prized possession on my social media and they said, be careful. People are like stealing people's bags on the street to like get the la boo boos if you leave it in your car, your laboo in the car. People are breaking into people's cars, so it's like a whole thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so those there, Yeah, it's basically the must have item. It's like walking around with like a Tomagotchi.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say Cardia watch, but sure.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of like, I mean, you don't say take you don't have to take care of them like a tomagatchi, But it was kind of like that little.
Speaker 4: Accessory kids like those are big, that's before your time. But yeah, it's just the hot item you have to have and totally worth it getting your car broken into a rock totally as long as you have a boo boo you live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, interesting, Well I'm proud of you for being.
Speaker 5: Actually they'll have names, but we should chat out Crystal because Crystal actually gave it to me as a gift.
Speaker 3: I know, I've been really wanting one.
Speaker 5: I've been seeing, like I saw everybody just been seeing them all over I was like, I need one of those?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you just were there? Sold out?
Speaker 5: And then there's a store in the mall at Centry City and the line is like wrapped around the mall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's also a vending machine at the Sherman Oaks Mall where you can get them vending machines.
Speaker 3: That feels easy.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they're always so. I mean I think they were so a hot commodity like they are so yeah. Yeah. Well that's all for now, folks for today's episode, But don't worry because we will be back on Thursday with the Dear Bonya And always just a reminder, if you ever are going through something and you just want us to talk about what you're going through publicly, we're happy to do it. So just dm us all on Instagram at scrubbing in pot or email us at scrubbing in at iHeartMedia dot com. We love you so much.
Speaker 5: We love you Bye.