Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bachelor Happy Hour. I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and we are.
Speaker 2: Back to recap Jen's episode two, which was a great episode.
Speaker 1: I was actually really happy with it.
Speaker 3: This was one of the more eventful second episodes that we've seen in a while, because I feel like the drama that we were seeing in this episode is usually like week four, week five stuff. So we're driving, we're diving, we're driving, and we're diving right into it.
Speaker 1: Well. I really like Jen in this episode.
Speaker 2: I would say the first episode she was still giving me more like contestin vibes, where this one I was like, all right, che's the lead, She's running the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think she definitely had some nerves that were poking through on night one, but she seems way more comfortable. It's also just got to be she's had a few days of travel to like settle into the role process everything, and now she's going on days with guys that she's already met, So there is this a little bit of familiarity with them, which has to make everything feel a little bit more relaxing than just banging out one after another. Stranger is in your face.
Speaker 1: That sounded preferred it.
Speaker 3: I know that, but you know what I mean. You know, guys coming out of the level one after another.
Speaker 2: So we are in Melbourne, Australia, which is very cool. I love the setting. I am somebody that watches shows, and when they're in pretty picturesque places, I enjoyed it even more.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I didn't actually think about it until now. I was like, this is so cool. They're in Australia.
Speaker 2: Except for Aaron's interviews because they got him literally interviewing in front of a garage.
Speaker 1: I don't know what. Yeah, it was just something I noticed.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. But no, I liked I liked the WEE two travel me too, Me too. I also think the jet lag makes everyone a little bit more emotional on edge, which is it entertaining for us?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was actually surprised that right away we get a lot of the guys going at it multiple too.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just like two guys. There was like multiple guys involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's set it up. We are going on a group date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have eighteen guys traveling with Jen. Group date number one. We have eight guys on this group date, which is actually a pretty reasonable size for the first group date. I remember there being like a ton of girls on my first group date. I can't remember how many, but it was like there was like sixteen of us or something huge.
Speaker 2: Well, this one, they go into a food market and they try what do they try?
Speaker 3: They try to vegimite?
Speaker 1: Right, which vegimite? Vegemite?
Speaker 3: Vegemite.
Speaker 1: It's either veggimite or vegemite. But it's gross.
Speaker 3: What is it made of? Again?
Speaker 1: I forget, but it's whatever it is it is.
Speaker 3: They described it as soy sauce, like hell, so we saws, peanut butter or something like that.
Speaker 1: It's gross. I know that.
Speaker 3: Where did you have it?
Speaker 1: I never had it?
Speaker 3: But I how do you know it's gross? Then?
Speaker 1: I've watched videos I because I don't I can't recall what's in it, but I know it's absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 3: They had vegimie and then they had a whiskey shot, and then they chased it with kangaroo testicles.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, reindeer testicles, reindeer testles.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the.
Speaker 2: My question to you is, would you, if you were on that date, would you try kangaroo testicles?
Speaker 3: Okay? Wait before we get into the testes so Vegemite is a thick, dark brown, salty, savory Australian food spread made from leftover brewers yeast extract. It's a source of B vitamins late and it doesn't sound great. That's it the end. Okay, So you didn't You didn't like that? I did that? Do you? I can just see you irritated right now. I'm trying for people for people. Maybe people are curious about what's in it?
Speaker 1: Okay, So would you try kangaroo balls?
Speaker 3: No? I wouldn't. And you know what, I would like to consider myself an adventurous eater. I would say I'll try a lot of things. I have a good palette. I eat all different types of cuisines. I don't want to try any balls. I don't want to try eyeballs. I don't want to try tesco balls. I don't want to try any like parts that aren't just like a thigh, like a chicken thigh or a rib.
Speaker 1: So you'd rather have a thigh than a ball?
Speaker 3: Sure, wouldn't you just thigh over chicken balls? I?
Speaker 1: Agree? But would you try They tried it and didn't know what it was.
Speaker 3: See that was even crazier to me than them trying it. Like knowing what it is and trying it is one thing, Like kudos to you. You're more adventurous than I am. Them all being like, yeah, no, biggie, I'll just chase this whiskey shot with whatever they just handed me in this cup, no questions asked is slightly psychotic. I think that my allergy plays a role into this because I, as someone with a severe allergy, basically never ever eat anything or drink anything without asking what it is first. It's now just like a habit and routine of mine too, So I would just never be like, let me just eat this and not ask what it is or what's in it.
Speaker 2: I feel like if I was there, because it's because it's a populated food market, I.
Speaker 1: Know I'm not gonna mostly that might even get sick from it.
Speaker 3: So I trust like the quality of whatever it.
Speaker 1: Is, I would be willing to try it.
Speaker 3: But would you try it without question like you would do the whiskey shot and then immediately But you know what I think it was, So if you saw how they handed them the shots. There was a glass, there was two glasses stacked, so they pulled the top shot glass out, which was the whiskey shot, and then they chased it, which was which with what was in the other glass. I'm pretty sure, So I don't think they mentally like got to the other glass before they were like, oh, I guess it's you know, this is part two of the shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I would have done it. I would have done it. I mean I probably stuck my head in a box of cockroaches.
Speaker 3: Would you have asked or would you just done it?
Speaker 1: I would have just went with the flow.
Speaker 3: And then when you found out it was kangaro testicles, how would you have felt?
Speaker 1: Oh? I would have been like that was that was gross? Yeah? Yeah? Okay. So the first that we see the big drama of.
Speaker 2: This group date is we see Devin pull Jen to the side to get ice cream, which I don't think we've ever really seen this on a group date.
Speaker 3: No, because it's definitely common for people to like try to steal a moment or try to have like a little private one on one moment to the side, But I've never seen someone be like, let me pull you around the corner out of the market for like some serious solo.
Speaker 1: Time away from the group.
Speaker 3: Aig away away from the group. And it wasn't even like let me just like sneak you away here to make out. It was like, I have this whole thing planned and on top of it, it's week two, Like I feel like there's a little more leniency with stuff like that when it's like you're getting close to hometowns, like it's very early on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that move, okay, But can you do you disagree with it?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I disagree with it. I think it's a bit of a gray area. But I would not have done that, Okay.
Speaker 1: But if you were the lead, would that be a turnoff for you?
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be a turnoff at all, but it would be very telling of that person, Okay, because I think to be Devin and do that, you have to be okay with potentially pissing off the other guys and drawing some serious attention to yourself, whether it's positive or negative. And that's just not really my vibe. Like I would, I just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.
Speaker 2: So we recapped a bunch of the older seasons, and I do think the dynamic in the house back then, nobody really cared about pissing off the other men or other women in the house. It was kind of just like, I just want to get time with the lead. Where seasons nowadays, I feel like people are more.
Speaker 1: Like, let's be buddy. You see, like all the.
Speaker 2: Guys hang out, all the girls hang out after the show. There's there's guy trips, there's girl trips. I personally, I don't think I think he made the right move.
Speaker 3: See, I don't know it. It'll be like a time will tell situation because it's kind of like Dobbler Dahmer theory, like if she's really into him, she probably really liked it, but she's not that into him. She's probably like, mm, this kind of I want.
Speaker 1: To If she wasn't that into him, she would have shut it, probably shut it down.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. Have you ever seen a lead shut someone down?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really like I don't want to go ice cream with you back?
Speaker 2: Well, I think it was an easy and easy out. Could have been, hey, we're on a group date. We can't do that.
Speaker 3: I've never seen a lead do that. I've never seen It's like it's the same as when people come to steal leads, like I've never seen them be well, that's not true. Sometimes they will stop them, but it's not like they're like mmmm, we like, no, I'm not going with you, come back in an hour like they do kind of let the guys or the girls whoever. The contestants are like put themselves out there without shutting them down, which I think is a good thing.
Speaker 2: What do you think about how Aaron feels about Deven, because that becomes.
Speaker 1: Throughout the first half of the show.
Speaker 2: That's the theme of Aaron first even we could almost hop to after the group date they do like what is it a cocktail hour or something with the guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we can't skip about on the roast, oh the roast, but yeah, we do see Erin getting pissed off about the ice cream thing. I would be a little turned off if I was on the show and one of the girls first group date that we've ever had pulls the dude. I'd be like, oh, okay, Like that's the game they're playing. Like noted, but Aaron just seems like a very black and white kind of person, like this is what's right, and this is what's wrong. This is how you should act, and this is how you shouldn't act, and Devin just seems like someone who kind of lives by his own rules, his own code of conduct, and is like, look, mind your business like you do you all do me Like I don't care how you're acting. You shouldn't care how I'm acting. So they're just like so different from one another.
Speaker 2: Well, we always we know how this goes when when one person gets frustrated and infatuated with another person on the show, that becomes their achilles heel, because then they just end up getting lost in that and then not end up having a connection with the lead.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. It's very easy, I feel like for people to become like hyper fixated on another contestant and it totally makes them lose.
Speaker 2: Like, so is Aaron Sydney and Devin Maria right now?
Speaker 1: Is that what's happening?
Speaker 3: Is Aaron Sydney and is Devin Maria? A little bit? I think there's definitely some similarity to the dynamic, but I don't think Aaron's like, I don't know, I don't think it's as like vicious as the Sydney Maria dynamic. Like there was a lot of conflict in Connell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that this is only this is only episode two. Okay, so we.
Speaker 3: See could could evolve into something similar for.
Speaker 1: Sure, And then we see the roast.
Speaker 3: Crazy because Aaron's like light hair, and like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: That's who they are. That is that is what's happening.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: We go to the roast where they they all roast. It's basically a stand ups, a comedians doing stand up. They all go and the guys basically are told they have to you know, they have like ten minutes to prep and they have to perform, and you know, that's kind of the temperature check right there of how the guys feel about Devan, because every guy that we see goes up basically rips on Devine hundred percent.
Speaker 3: But I also think he just made himself an easy target.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but as a viewer, it's hard not to actually like him because I feel like he's handling all the conflict pretty well. Like even like all the guys are making fun of him, he's laughing, he's not getting like it. It's it's kind of like you're almost kind of rooting for him a little bit.
Speaker 3: He to me seems like the guy that likes to be in that kind of position.
Speaker 1: Though. Yeah, but so what.
Speaker 3: No, No, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying, like, I don't I think that like he is okay with being this like polarizing personality for sure, And I feel like there's a part of him that maybe likes that and the guy's ripping into him. I mean, A, he seems like he has a good sense of humor and he can laugh at himself, which is a good quality. But B I think he like knows who he is and he's okay that he's kind of like riled the group up a little bit of anything. I think he's probably like enjoying it, do you know what I mean? Like he's like, yeah, guys, like I took her to good ice cream, I spent a bunch of one on one time with her. Like you're all jealous. Now you're all poking fun at me, Like it's it's all good. You know, Devin's doing what he came here to do.
Speaker 2: If you're Jen and you are, you are starting to pick up on this. You're obviously you're sitting there listening to all this. What is your take on Devin right now? Are you more attracted or less attractive?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like this makes him I feel like this makes him more attractive to Jen.
Speaker 3: I also just think like Jen throughout so many parts of the state has learned so much more about Devin than any other guy, like by like himself, him putting himself out there, him pulling her aside, like a lot of his acts have been very showing of who he is and the kind of guy he is. And also now the guy's all roasting him, like how he takes that, It kind of like is telling of the dynamic in the house. The guys maybe like him, don't like him, Like there's a bit of spice there. So I don't know if it makes if I'm Jenna, don't know if I'm more or less attracted to him, but I definitely feel like I know him probably better than any of the other guys at this point, which is a positive no matter what in the situation. That's a positive.
Speaker 2: Later in the episode, we see John do an interview where he's basically like, I actually don't really have an issue with Devin. It's just he kind of goes about everything like a jackass, which which I also think is very similar. That's why I keep when I even referred to him as Braden last episode.
Speaker 1: That was kind of similar to like the braining.
Speaker 3: He definitely has great and energy.
Speaker 1: He did things, so yeah, we're seeing that. Okay.
Speaker 3: So but I will say, if I'm Jen and all the guys are roast everything, Devin's down on this date, I think is catching Jen's eye in a good way. If I was the lead, I think it would make me like Devin Moore. But I don't know if I would take him as seriously, if that makes sense. But that's very personal to me and like what I look for in a guy.
Speaker 1: But I don't. I also don't think. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think when you're the lead at the beginning, there's so many guys. I don't think you really need to be concerned with who you.
Speaker 1: Have to take serious.
Speaker 2: I think it's all just about who's kind of standing out and who's making.
Speaker 3: You laugh in the beginning. Sure, but I mean like it goes by so fast that to some extent you kind of always have to be like clocking those guys in the back of your mind of like, this guy's really exhibiting husband material, yeah, or this guy's really exhibiting fun boyfriend material. There guy's exhibiting you know, we have no connection he's going to go home. Yeah, okay, So we go to the night portion of the group date. We see her have some really great conversations with Grant and with Jonathan. But aside from Jen's time with the guys, we see Aaron and Devon get into it and they basically have like a one on one chat where Devin or no, Aaron's is to Devon she doesn't want to be with a boy, and the whole vibe of the chat is like Aaron's just pissed off the way Devon's been acting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also like does he even know what Gen's type is and who Jen is even into?
Speaker 3: But yeah, that is one hundred percent thing like maybe Jen does want to be with a boy, like you actually have no idea? Yeah, you don't know. I think that's that's done across the board with contestants, not just Aaron, where they really think, like they know what the lead is looking for, and usually the archetype is something that resembles themselves and that's so hard to not do in that environment. But like you have to kind of scrap your assumptions of what this person is looking for and really figure it out because it might not be what you think it is, And I really will say, like, I feel like every lead has a different image of what it means to be like a great husband and a great partner. Yeah, Like there are obviously some crossovers, but like Jen seems to be really into Devin, Like maybe that is what she's looking for. Maybe she does want this like aful, young energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I actually think that's kind of the vibe I feel like Jen gave on Joey season and kind of what I saw from her night one.
Speaker 3: What did you think of like the ice cream gate situation where Devin came in to steal Jen from Aaron and was like, hey, man, I've got ice cream? Can I stealer? And Aaron was like no, and he was like I wasn't asking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then.
Speaker 3: Aaron came back and was like can I steal her? And he was like, I wasn't asking.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a bad look for both guys totally.
Speaker 3: If I was Jen, I'd be like, this sucks.
Speaker 2: They should have just they should have just called it quit after the first one. Let the first I don't remember which guy stole her first, but just kind of be the bigger person in that situation because then it becomes just a pissing contest, and I thought they both looked bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's awkward because Jen's just sitting there like okay, you guys are just kind of bickering in front of me. This is really awkward.
Speaker 2: And they all kept saying sorry. They both kept saying sorry to Jen, like sorry, like sorry, this had to happen. It's like, okay, well then just like let's stop.
Speaker 3: Yah no, don't apologize to me, Like keep this up, and you guys are gonna be the one that our story because it's going to ruin our relationships.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that was yeah, bad luck, bad luck for both guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So then we end off the night portion with Grant getting the group date Rose. We're going to be having Grant on later this week for an exclusive interview on Bachelor Happy Hours, so be sure to tune in for that, and we're going to learn more about him his time with Jen and kind of has taken all this drama in the house, so be sure to tune in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like Grant and good for him to get that group date Rows. And there you go. It's like those two guys.
Speaker 2: May have been in front of Grant and by them bickering back and forth, they lose, they missed the opportunity.
Speaker 3: I really liked Grant, I really liked Jonathan on this group date definitely standouts yea in the best way.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was so weird seeing Jonathan because he was literally we've only seen him in like a face bandage and a hospital gown. So seeing him like fully dressed up with glasses talking to Jen, I was like, this is such a switch.
Speaker 1: I also think they look really good together.
Speaker 3: Grant and Jen. No, Jonathan, I'm sorry Jonathan and Jen, Yeah, I agree. Okay, So then we go into the one on one date, the first one on one date, which goes to Marcus skydiving date.
Speaker 1: I you could tell she's really freaked out about it, which is great for Mark because he is very comfortable jumping out of planes. He was an army ranger. What.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, I just just the phrase comfortable jumping out of planes. I'm like, that's so crazy, like that anyone feels comfortable doing that. But I know there's a lot of people out there that do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's people.
Speaker 2: This guy dive for a living, and he was kind of like he was very chill, and I think that's I think that's beneficial to him because Jenna is internally and outwardly freaking out. But he I really like him. I think like it makes like when when we watch the show like guys that get the first dates, it makes sense you're like, Okay, this is actually it's going back to what you said.
Speaker 1: She's taking this guy serious. Yeah, don't you think?
Speaker 3: I think so for sure. I mean he's giving off serious energy and I feel like in return, she's taking the relationship very seriously. Yeah, but I think they had a good conversation. He opens up the fact that he was an army ranger for eight years. He talks about his experience when he was deployed and his serious injury that he suffered due to a grenade.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That was honestly, that was.
Speaker 3: That was an intense story, like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very intense story that you know. It was him like being vulnerable and opening up what she says he has a hard time doing.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I mean I had listened to that. I was like, I feel like I'm watching like American Sniper or something like. It was. That was. That was a wild story.
Speaker 2: And yeah, whenever you get a chance on this show, I feel like to open up to the lead, do it, because you get that much closer and now she probably feels so much more connected to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I think they had a good It was a very good, solid, first one on one day. All around. We're fans of Marcus, so I hope we see him for a while. They keep cutting though to back at the house. Oh wait, no, I'm I'm trying to remember when we were jumping back to Aaron and Devon. Erin and Devin were just sprinkled through this whole episode. But then we go to group day number two, which is the Wildlife photo shoot. Yeah, funny, this was a really funny day. I liked it overall.
Speaker 1: Me too. Uh.
Speaker 2: My favorite guy was the spider guy. Yeah, he was so but you know what from shan Berg, Illinois.
Speaker 3: He was so brave. I loved him so much. I would also not want to have a spider like that in my body. When they were like, oh, by the way, it's probably gonna try to crawl up your neck, I was like, how about we find a way to make that not happen. I'm sure there's ways to prevent that. I'm certain there are options to have it not crawl into his face. Oh so gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would. I probably would if.
Speaker 2: I was him, I probably would have been like, nah, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm not good. But he I really I thought he hated it while I thought he was so.
Speaker 2: I thought he was very funny, very personable. I watched it, I was like, oh, I like him.
Speaker 3: And we didn't talk about him much after night one. But he was the guy that came in with all the balloons on his back. He came in with a big personality, and yeah, he was definitely the highlight of this group day for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Everyone else got these like cute little furry animals.
Speaker 1: Well, no, well, what's his name? Who ends up getting the one on one?
Speaker 3: Dylan?
Speaker 1: Dylan? I mean he did that was a massive snake.
Speaker 3: Okay, but he did it by choice. Okay, but still I'm assuming he would not have volunteered to have the spider on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but would you have volunteered.
Speaker 3: The spider on me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, to have the snap, I.
Speaker 3: Would take the snake over the spider for sure. Really yeah, I think really, you take the spider.
Speaker 1: I mean I wouldn't want either of them, but I've.
Speaker 3: Done the snake thing when I was a kid at some like Christmas party at my dad's old office. I remember they had like a reptile situation going on and they had a snake there.
Speaker 1: What's a more intense dangerous bite?
Speaker 3: It depends, Yeah, I guess it depends. But I don't think the snake was venomous. You're I don't think they're gonna wrap you up in a poisonous snake.
Speaker 1: No, they're not going to.
Speaker 3: But I think the snake, but you never know.
Speaker 2: If the snake is frustrating snips.
Speaker 3: It was a really good snake noise.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: But alas Hakim does not get the extra time. It goes to Dylan, who we also love. Dylan goes to get his one on one night portion with Jen, and the rest of the guys sadly stroll back to hotel.
Speaker 2: So let's let's talk about this. The Dylan conversation with Jen is fine.
Speaker 1: I feel like I.
Speaker 3: Feel like we're going to see more of him. Yeah, down the lines. We don't need to dive into it too much. I feel like they connected mostly on like family values, and they definitely expressed having a lot of similarities and things in common.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I don't really know if there's a connection there, if I'm going to be completely on us watching it. The guys come back and Thomas kind of leads the pack of like when when like, I'm really upset, like this is crap, Like we didn't get any time and we're frustrated.
Speaker 1: It's like, Okay, it.
Speaker 3: Was hard to because it was a very structured group date, whereas the food Haullwine was a little more like let's wander and stroll and chitty chat. So like I feel like leaving after the animal photo shoot, I'd be like, I really didn't get any time with her today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it's like if you watch this show. If you watch this show, this happens.
Speaker 2: All the time where a group of people don't end up getting time because something happens and their time gets cut.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't mean it's not frustrating. That happened twice on our season. Actually, okay, it happened on the first group date where half the people went home, and then it happened close to the end, closer to hometowns, where half the people got sent home, but then they ended up surprising them and bringing them.
Speaker 2: So but it's not your it's not your job or your responsibility or your fucking choice to really come in the house and be like, hey, us eight guys didn't get time, we're going.
Speaker 1: First, because that's fair. Well, the show's not.
Speaker 3: Like the contestants don't like unionize and like organize themselves, like this is a show like time when you get.
Speaker 2: Time and at the end of the day, it's a competition, Like it's about like falling in love and ending up with the lead.
Speaker 1: It's not about like yo, like, boys, we got to respect each other, Like you can respect you can respect.
Speaker 3: Each other, but you are also fit your character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you are also still competing. I don't know. I just to me it was the first time I think we've ever even seen that on a show where it's like yo, like you let us have our time, and I don't know, just not really.
Speaker 3: I was in their shoes. I go back to my room with my roommate, and I'd be like the balls on those guys to ask me to sit back for hours? Will they all get time? That's kind of like Dicky, But I'm definitely not going to be one of the first three four guys to talk to her because I don't want to seem like a total jerk. At the same time, if it was like, hey, you can talk to her right now, or you don't get talked to her for the rest of the night, I'm obviously gonna take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and think about this. Let's say you're one of the guys on the first group tape and you exchanged two sentences with Jen before you take it.
Speaker 3: And feel like she barely knows you, and now Aaron or Devin more so Aaron, I'd be like, my chat wasn't that long and it was shadowed by all this drama, Like I need the time too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I'm gonna sit back and wait for you guys because you're frustrated, Like no.
Speaker 3: Way, Yeah, And like I think, I don't know it's it is a fine line because I don't disagree with the like, let's be respectful of these guys. They had a hard night, they lost their time. Let's, you know, make sure that they get their chance. But at the same time, like.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not as I don't I don't think it's a respects well, it's just consideration.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and that's what I don't agree.
Speaker 3: With you dot feel like they have to give any concering.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need to be considerate in this moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it felt like they wanted to sit down and write out a list of names like so and so goes number one, and then Thomas goes number two, and then you know, Spencer goes number three, and it's like, that's just really not how this show works.
Speaker 2: Like here, if I if I now you're only like a few days in with these guys too, But if I'm rooming with one of the guys right and him and I are becoming friends and I got time with Jen and he's like, hey, I think any time you care if I go in front of you, I'd be like, I actually don't care. But if the opportunity comes for me to do it first, and like you're not around, I'm taking that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fair Yeah. And it's like I like, it's kind of like every man for themselves, and.
Speaker 3: This thing is I would not be the person to stand up and pull the lead first. You're really you're I guess you are putting a target on putting a target on your back. Like it's one thing to be like, hey can I steal her? You've been chatting for a little bit. You know, I know not all eight guys have gone yet, but like I want my time. It's another thing to be like I'm going to jump up and steal her first. It's like the same thing I said about Devan before with like the ice cream, Like I don't think he minds if not, I think he like maybe likes being a bit of.
Speaker 1: A star shit star.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely I do agree with that. Okay, So then this is where we see the air in Devin conversation. We'll touch it briefly on this because we I feel like we've talked a lot about them. But the funny thing about this is, if you do remember.
Speaker 3: There's actually two more things that we really got to get into.
Speaker 2: If yeah, because if this like if you do remember Tasha Claire's season, there was a guy Bennett and Noah who is Aaron's twin brother, where the guy Bennett basically gave Noah a book on emotional intelligence, and now Noah's twin brother is giving a book about emotional intelligence or whatever it was about.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was called I wrote Principles of Self Growth. Yeah, like to me, like and it was so crazy because it was such a callback to what happened with Noah and Bennett. But to see Aaron in Bennett's position, Yeah, not Noah's position giving the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just like wo and I I don't know, because like he he does come across very genuine Aaron, and I do like, I don't know if he did it in a way of like.
Speaker 3: I don't think he was trying to be a malicious I actually don't. I don't think like Ben did it in a way that was like sassy. I don't think Aaron was trying to be like you need to work on yourself, like you suck. I think he was, but that's kind of how it came across. There's really no nice way to say, like, hey, you need some self growth, I'm going to give you a book about it to someone that you don't know, fairy.
Speaker 1: That's that's yeah. I think I think that's where it is.
Speaker 3: That's Devin's biggest issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think that's fair. It's like, dude, we really like have known each other for under a week, like you.
Speaker 1: Don't know me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Aaron's saying a lot of things like and look to Aaron's defense, like you spend a lot of time with these people. You're with them twenty four to seven. I don't know how many conversations they've had. Maybe they've spent a lot of time talking. But Aaron has developed his opinion of Devin to be someone that is not a very deep person and is more of a boy than a man, and obviously the book is insinuating that he believes he could work on himself to better himself.
Speaker 2: When I saw the book come out, I was like, Okay, well now we know moving forward that Aaron and Devin will never get along.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're just not going to get along, it's only going to escalade.
Speaker 1: They are the Maria and Sydney of Jen's season.
Speaker 3: And outside of this conflict, they are so different as people at their core from what we've seen, like they appear to be just I would knowing if I knew both of them outside the show, I would never really expect them to vibe. Yeah, they're super different people. But yeah. And then Aaron slips up and he calls Devin Dylan yeah, which is obviously just a total accident, but Devin uses that to his argument of like, you don't even know me to the point where you're like messing up my name. How do you feel comfortable sitting here saying that I'm not a deep person. So the whole conflict was just great, not great overall, these two just are not going to be friends. They don't need to be friends. They should just avoid each other. But you know, getting to the rose demmony because we're running out of time, Devin pulls her first, which pisses off a lot of the guys, specifically Thomas, our friend Thomas, who was here last week. Yeah, go check out our interview with Thomas. Tell me what you thought about this interaction of Thomas interrupting Devin and Jen's time to pull Devon into like literally the hallway, like not even down the stairs, into the front yard, like right around the corner from Jen and kind of reco one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we interviewed Thomas first, who was the first guy we've interviewed on this podcast, and I do really like nice guy.
Speaker 1: This was maybe one of the worst moves I've ever seen on the show. Yeah, how do you think this makes you look? On top of the fact that you don't you.
Speaker 2: Don't deserve the conversation, Like you don't you don't deserve the time. First just because you didn't get time. And I actually this is where I was like, I really now I'm really starting to see who Jen is. And I really I really like her because she had what she said was like, you took.
Speaker 1: Away my independence. This isn't your that's not your choice to make. This is my choice. This is my show. I'm the fucking lead. And that's why I was like, Okay, nice and that's just the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like, I actually think there was something good about this because the conflict kind of pushed her deeper into being the baucherette early on, and I think she almost like needed that, or we needed that as viewers to really see her like step into that role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if she would have just kind of like zap back and be like, oh, like whatever, it would have kind of been like, oh, this show, this is gonna be a shit show because the guys are just gonna run loose with this. Yes, and we're all it's gonna be basically twenty four to seven conflict the entire sey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she's clearly locking it down. Thomas does Saylorter in the episode that he's a pretty emotional guy. To me, this seemed like this was not the first thing that Devin did to piss people off. This is not the second, this is not the third. He's done a few things at this point that have aggravated the guys. Thomas got really heated, and I think he just thought, like, I'm gonna be the voice of the people here and go let Devin know that, like this is not okay and you can't act like this. But his method was not it Like he should have waited until Devin and Jen finished speaking, or just gone and like stolen her, Like you walked all the way up there. Why didn't you just like, hey, can I steal her now? Can I have my time?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: And if he was like no, then you say, look, Devin, you got a lot of time with her. I didn't get any time with re esterday. Would you mind just letting me and some of the other guys have some time now? And that's that. He could have literally had like a really nice conversation with Jen right then and there, but he decided to use that time to scream at Devon in front of Jen. He also could have waited till later in the night when him and Devon were both free.
Speaker 2: I pulled him aside and I don't have an issue with him calling at either. It's just it's just like there's a time and.
Speaker 1: A place, yeah, you. And the truth is he.
Speaker 2: Actually wrote down okay, and he's saying that like he basically is also calling out Devan. I'm for saying, like, you're not a man of.
Speaker 1: Your word like you said you would let us do it, and his words for Batim war, I'm not gonna fall back to the end of line, but you guys deserve a little more time. Yeah, But that's not him really, I mean, that's basically not him agreeing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I if he said that to me, I'd be like, okay, Dick had you're not gonna You're not gonna agree to this, yea, And now I no, I.
Speaker 3: Know then Thomas did say, you know, we agreed that Spencer whoever it was, was gonna go to pull her first. So I do wonder if there was like more extensive conversations hot about guess, And I mean, who knows, maybe Devin never really fully committed to this and people just assumed he did. But either way, it was a bull move. Everyone's saying, you know, we're gonna let one of those guys pull her first, and he did like he's stepping on people's toes, especially when you got a lot of time on the group day. Yeah, but at the end of the day, he's still there and Thomas is still there. Devin did say a line of I see all the roses in my lap, like he's like, I don't like basically saying like I don't even care about this rose, like I'm getting all the roses, like I see myself at the end with Jen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I And I've basically been pretty much pro Devin this this entire recap, but he is also starting to give me like you're like, everything's about Jen.
Speaker 1: But is everything about Jen? Or is this a competition?
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna say. He's got to be careful. Yeah, it's not the easiest thing to do, but you got to separate the competition with the relationship. And he's kind of starting to blur the lines a little bit, saying like I see all these roses in my laugh.
Speaker 1: It's like she's even like is she just a trophy at this point? Like she's the endgame because like all.
Speaker 3: These guys are against you, and now you feel the sense of like I'm gonna prove them wrong. Screw these guys. They're roasting me at the comedy. They're yelling at me in front of Jed like I'm about to get to the end of this thing and seal the deal with this girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah and all of you. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of the energy was giving. I do think he likes her. I think they actually have chemistry and they have a connection. But it doesn't mean that the competitive nature can't like seep into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll see.
Speaker 2: I think that's a recap. The great thing moving forward is Jen decided to keep Aaron, Sevin and Thomas, so this little triangle of beef is not going anywhere at least.
Speaker 3: I'm actually totally fine with. I'm down to see this play it again next week.
Speaker 2: I was actually sure I really thought she was sending I knew, I knew Aaron was still fine because I still think, like, I don't like, I don't like what what Thomas did. I think is like a good reason for the lead to send that person home, because but what Aaron did not really not yet I don't think so to.
Speaker 3: Me, what Thomas did, if I was Jen is saying, like my time and this conflict is more important than your journey to find a husband, and I have no problem interrupting your conversation to deal with my like emotional distress. But I really don't think he's a bad guy. I think he just got like way too heated and he needed to like have a drink and talk to Devin later. But I wouldn't have been surprised if Jen was like, look, this is just not going to work out. Like that was so offside. I've never seen anyone do that before. No, maybe like a total wild move, but I'm glad all three of them are still here. I also like that they're showing a lot of what the other guys are saying about it. I'm sure we're not getting like all of their one hundred percent candid opinions, but you're kind of seeing that, like people don't really fuck with Devin, but they also are like, this is just kind of who Devin is, so just like let him do his thing like he owns it.
Speaker 1: Well, you could tell there's a.
Speaker 2: Group of guys it almost seems like the house is somewhat split, and you could tell there's a group of guys that are kind of like, hey, like it's really about her and not us all being friends and like if this guy's going to keep stepping out, like you may not like it, but it's like, don't you know, hate the game, not the player, whatever the fuck.
Speaker 1: Essentially, it's kind of and I think there's I think there's a majority of there's a a group of guys that feel that way the game, and then I think there's other guys that are kind of like, uh, we don't like this. This is bullshit, this isn't fair.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is That's a recap everyone, Thank you for listening to Beat your Happy Hour. Make sure you subscribe, tune in. We are going to recap every episode this season, and later this week we are going to have Grant on, so we are going to talk to him, get to know him more and his opinions on everything this going on in the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't free to subscribe and thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: Bye bye m