Speaker 1: He is drinks Chants, motherfucking podcast makes He's a legends every Queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He ain't agreed as your boy in O R He's a Miami hip hop mioneer p up.
Speaker 3: As d J e f N.
Speaker 4: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean, and the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source.
Speaker 2: For drunk drink chans mother post every days New Year c that's it's time for drink Champions.
Speaker 3: Drink up, motherfuck motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Would it good?
Speaker 5: Be hoping that you withst B is your boy in O R E?
Speaker 3: What up is d J e f N.
Speaker 6: It's mina Timpa crazy Wall drink Champs.
Speaker 3: Make something. Got a co host today? Who's our co host today? Yo? We have a co host today? This is this is an all are you finn? He he?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: My name graf baby? That's right?
Speaker 4: And what's the name of the oh? The members on the show.
Speaker 1: DJ ain't grab only show.
Speaker 6: But this brother here that we got today, thank you. I'm gonna be honest with you. He has been an industry inside. He has been giving y'all game.
Speaker 5: Beyond game, beyond game beyond game.
Speaker 6: I know a lot of y'all people might think, you know, you know, sometimes if you if the person is not in front of the camera, the person thinks that the person.
Speaker 5: Is capped or or they're like, oh, okay, we don't know.
Speaker 3: I know this brother right right right.
Speaker 6: I know how much he's worked, has he put in, I know how much the industry respects him. So today we are gonna give this brother his flowers. He is going to receive exactly what y'all don't know about him in the industry. And I'm gonna we are personally gonna give this brother his flowers he deserves. He's a he's a legend, he's an icon, he's a and we're gonna continue. We're gonna we're gonna make sure that he get his fucking flower today because I know who hold on, let me let me get right now.
Speaker 5: I know exactly who you are.
Speaker 6: Now I look at your comments and people are like, okay, So a lot of times people don't understand that being in front of the camera sometimes it is not as important to being behind the camera. Right, So I credit people like you, like you you were behind the camera, but you would like campaign for me being in front of the camera.
Speaker 3: We're advocates for the artist.
Speaker 6: Advocates for the artists, and so a lot of times when I see I see you fire like a motherfucker and I'm looking and I gotta defend you because I'm like, no, he's.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, it's really so I be like, he's really like that.
Speaker 6: He's really like the inside And a lot of people don't know that because it wasn't cool back then to be in front of the camera.
Speaker 5: So let's let's take it from there.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, I just want to tell you thank you man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest with you. I want to know it something so like I don't think people understand. Like number one, I'm in the music business full time. This podcast thing is like a side thing that it's like a passion for me. So when I'm out and about and I see people, it's always interesting. So no bullshit, Like I knew it is a Virgo by the way, the two biggest, two of the biggest three podcasts with Virgos, Joe Budden and Norris.
Speaker 7: I always like, I'm like I'm coming.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I see I start walking through the BT Awards and I just see Nori, and he stopped me, like, yo, bro, I would have made a video on my Instagram like God is real.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's how serious.
Speaker 2: I was like yo, because I mean, I want to fly.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm just going I don't know what's gonna happen. I'm like, yo, Nori know me. I'm telling y'all the biggest podcast to know me. He said, my name, ship's real.
Speaker 4: I don't to let you know that.
Speaker 3: So when I got to call it.
Speaker 4: From drink, I said, Valentine's Day on my wife. This is what I know. You're a warrior.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I deliberately said, this is the day before Valentine's Day. I deliberately said that to what's man, big d the weather man, I said, I said, yo, this is the day before Valentine's Day because me, you know, I'm scared of my wife.
Speaker 5: And I said that. But yo, but let me just tell you something. You have online created a whole different, a whole different.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say character because it's I know who you are, but.
Speaker 6: These people follow you, and so so let's let's let let's just take it from there, right, let's take it. Uh, there's so many people that want to crack into this industry and you talk to them, so let let's talk well, because when you want to be in this is like a dream, right. And I remember coming up, you know, I remember my first person I called this guy in Timmy Allen.
Speaker 7: I remember not knowing how to ask for him, you know.
Speaker 2: Like you know, you get somebody number, but I don't know, say is this miss Norrie Good. I'm like, hey, is this Timmy Allen? And he was like, who is this? I saw like a bill collector. So once I got his name and I started understanding. It was like David Gaffer said on this documentary, I saw people bullshit when I seen people around tim getting money in bullshit, and I said, I could do that. But I worked at Delta, so I know niggas and I'm a nigga.
Speaker 4: Yes, nigga.
Speaker 2: I worked at Delta. A lot of niggas have my name and the phone as Ray from Delta for my first five years because I knew niggas.
Speaker 4: Wanted to I.
Speaker 5: Was running the bags, nigga.
Speaker 2: So you know, when you're going to Atlanta and you got you going to Atlanta to Miami and you going through New York. I was a nigga, I got your plane and put it on Miami plane.
Speaker 7: I was a nigga that put it this. I was working at Delto.
Speaker 3: Still a niggas work.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, No, I ain't gonna lie man. I wasn't ship my whole life. That's what I love the most about you. No, let me tell you why. That sounds crazy, but I.
Speaker 3: Want to tell me what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When I watched Nori talk, Nori is just being Nori, like you became popular being yourself.
Speaker 4: Like. We came up in the industry where you gotta talk a certain way, you gotta.
Speaker 2: As Nord don't do that. And I'm watching Norri say ship do Ship. I'm like, and it works. So I'm like, nigga, we living in the new world. It's not it's not the old world. And more like niggas have to leave from the front. I remember, I remember coming up.
Speaker 4: In the business.
Speaker 2: You wanted to know Shakir Stewart. You wanted him to know your name. You wanted Kate p to know your name. They wanted Chris Hicks, they knew your name. That means you could eat in this business.
Speaker 3: So we want I remember.
Speaker 2: When I came into the business, and I'm thinking, like I'm finally in this shit, and I walking room and I'm like I'm seeing Ibody's president and nobody gave a fuck. It was like I'm chasing artists now. So I'm like, man, I remember chasing the motherfuckers is in the game.
Speaker 7: Now I'm trying to get I'm in the game now.
Speaker 4: They're like yo.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, graph is hard. Yeah, but EFN got the numbers, Go get him. But no, but now instead of me going to Graph, well, I know I could build what I gotta bill with you because you got the numbers. So now I got to sell myself to you. So now I feel lame. Now I'm coming to you like yep, cause you know I'm only here. It's like a girl I got to BBL. Once you get the motherfucking BBL, nigga, I know you're on my ass now because I got a body. It's like, I know why you're here now because I'm hot.
Speaker 3: But when before that?
Speaker 2: So for me, my whole thing was and then I started noticing how people were just like making money talking about being in the business.
Speaker 5: I'm like, he's not in the.
Speaker 2: Business, Like I have the number one songwritter the biggest starting to run my partner here. We had the number looking up apt by Bruno, Mars and Rosie. That was about my nigga were still in this shit every day. So I see people chose like I'm like, I feel like a poor man. It was like I'm controlling traffic. It's like the club. When you wait outside the club, you see and you know it's a long line, and that's a trick.
Speaker 7: Sometimes, like hey keep the line, onybody inside.
Speaker 2: So I'm a.
Speaker 4: Nigga walking out the club like heyo, y'all.
Speaker 2: They tricking y'all. And then I realized nobody listened. Then it was like, oh ship. So for me, I just started like putting my ship out there. And like I said, it was really the industry that embraced me. I didn't know that people fuck with me. I really cared about Nori. I really cared about graph, I cared about I didn't care about regular no disrespect. I don't care about peons. You don't understand what I'm doing. You don't understand what's happening behind the scenes. You're just a spectator. So when I see Nori and he gave me props, nigga.
Speaker 4: That ship was.
Speaker 2: I made it moment. I don't even think when I saw y'all at the EU, y L think you was like gonna do the show? I called Mark. I was like, they said it, man, But I just can't. I just can't understand why they want to.
Speaker 4: Talk to a nigga like me because I'm because I'm still.
Speaker 2: Trying to prove myself in this world. But in the music world, when I walk into these labels, I'm that nigga. They can't fuck with me. And I'm a legend now because I got black Ball. So now this is all people don't understand.
Speaker 7: I got black Ball.
Speaker 2: That's why I did the podcast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, usually were saying wait till let's go, let's go right right, Okay.
Speaker 7: So so so two thousands for number one.
Speaker 2: I'm the number one nigg in the game. I'm the number one nigga at my label. I got all the hits. We're talking about Corner Records, So I turned in Sweetie Record, tap In and Sweetie Record best Friend it still hers. I saw Eilie Chopper, I saw I saw this kid named Rambo from the West Coast that was making a lot of noise and I was.
Speaker 7: Like the guy and then see vice president.
Speaker 2: Then all of a sudden, the pandemic happens, and then the CEO does this thing where he does like an emergency call. And in the music business, they don't make what Aaron bashuk.
Speaker 4: He's a ceo, he does a he does a call like everybody get on the call right now fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking when our artist got killed, I'm like, niggas. Now I'm thinking, like somebody is about to be I'm like that to begin on, he was like, I just want to check on the black folks from the George Floyd thing, and I'm like, nigg what the fuck is this? And then he goes like any black people on the call want to speak up about their struggles, and it was like three hundred of us. Everybody was quiet. So this is my friend. At least I'm thinking we're friends. I wrote them a letter like, YO, it's hard being black and this shit. I know what you're trying to do, but it's hard being one of us, so none of us are going to talk up. And I wrote the letter and basically I sent it to another black person at the company, like, YO, I think this would be good for us all to put our name on it.
Speaker 5: He was like, you on your own.
Speaker 2: By the way, he still got his job, so he was smarter, right. So I wrote the letter and then I sent it to Aaron. I didn't send it to him because they was the lawyer was like, it's a bad move. So I sent to Larry Jackson. Shout out to Larry Jackson for Mega that yeah, we're talking about Helve Jackson.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Apple.
Speaker 2: So I sent it to Larry and Larry calls me like, yo, Ray, this letter changed my life.
Speaker 5: I'm like really, And then he said good way, yes.
Speaker 2: Because he said that he sent it to he had a deal on the table, a whole lot of money Apple supposed to giving him. He sent my letter to the guy at Top Guy and they signed it that day.
Speaker 3: That's what's up.
Speaker 4: They signed it that day, so he said, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: So they signed it that day. So now Larry is like, yo, I sent it to this lady at Billboard. They want to put on a cover Billboard. I'm like, I give a fuck. I'm a nigga in Atlanta, bro, I'm free. It's like being a Latino on Miami, Like you can't funk with me in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I'm insulated. You can't get to me.
Speaker 2: Nigga, I'm not afraid of white people like most people are, like, I'm just unafraid of white folks.
Speaker 7: So she was like, I don't want to put.
Speaker 5: Your name on this.
Speaker 2: I want to put your name on this because I'm afraid. You know, they're gonna come after you. And I'm like, who's going to come after me? I'm telling the truth. I'm just telling the black experience. So I put the letter out. It's changed my life, it changed my whole career. I'm literally the number one God. Put the letter out, which you mean like they put it on the cover billboard, maxilip. It goes viral, but it's anonymous, right. She didn't want to put my name, That's what she said. I don't want to put your name on it because I'm afraid people gonna come after you. And I'm like, Nigga, I'm not afraid of nobody. I'm Everything I do is with a good heart. I might not always do the right thing at that time, but my heart was in the.
Speaker 4: Best place behind it. So I wrote the letter.
Speaker 5: Went atymus.
Speaker 4: It goes crazy.
Speaker 7: It's like they wrote up Dear White It was called Dear White Execs. They wrote a Dear White exec for the Disney Company. It was like all these black people speaking up.
Speaker 2: So now here's what I want to tell everybody in the world because this is the lesson I learned.
Speaker 7: Because I'm a real nick number one.
Speaker 2: I wrote the letter and all my white friends, every white person I knew in the music industry because I was on fire. When I stepped out and said I did it, they called me and said they're gonna ask you for something. They're gonna ask you what you want get paid. All my niggas, my friends and black friends are calling me like, Yo, thank you, bro. That was some hero shit you did. So now I get on the call with Aaron and the guy at the other guy time and they're like, what do you want? And I said nothing, man, I just want to I didn't write that.
Speaker 4: That wasn't your intention.
Speaker 2: My That's why I'm okay with the outcome. But my intent wasn't that. So they was like, what do you want? I was like, I just want y'all to know how this is to work with black people, right. And then basically, now this is when they did me dirty. This is basically what happens is in the music business. When you're in the contract and anybody knows this, they give you six months. So if NOI is my seeing vice president, I know I'm not gonna sign Norri. I'm gonna let Norri and his a lawyer know six months out, Yo, Norri, I ain't getting new contract, bro, Take the next six months go find some work. That's not what they did to me. They called me, Yo, don't go nowhere. You're the best guy we got. I know I am, so I'm believe in them. They called my lawyer Ray is our guy. And what they was doing they was lolla buying me to death to get to the secret. The two before my contract was up, I'm waiting on a new contract, thinking I'm still working. Two days before my contract over, there was like nothing's coming, nigga.
Speaker 7: I went home. That's why I loved Kanye so was.
Speaker 2: I went home and I cried every day listening to the Donda album because I couldn't believe that I put my I don't I'm already good, bro. I didn't need to write that letter, but I also felt like it needed to be said. So once I saw that play out. I was like, think about my business now. Now I don't have a job. So what I got to do?
Speaker 7: Call niggas nor I need a job? What Norrie gonna say?
Speaker 5: What happened to you?
Speaker 2: So now I got to explain myself. They put me on my heels. So I said, I'm smarter than every nigga over there. I'm better than every hand and I know how to talk. So somebody asked me a question, that's how we get my next job? That was literally it.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: Graf asked me a question, you're right, what's the difference to your manager? And an investor asked me, I answered, put that out. I'm hoping to get a job, nigga, I'm not even That's why when you acknowledge me, I'm like, y'all acknowledged I'm not a y' I don't understand, like I'm really trying to still go run a company right now, and that's what I'm really made to do. But I started talking online and all of a sudden, Puff posted my shit and it just changed everything for me. Puff posted me and just left me on his page for three days. It shouted in for that, I don't care. I know people like to kill people in they down, but I'm alway shotting bigga out for change. I'm always represent a nigga that did something for me. So when Puff posted me, that's when they're kind of getting hot. But Nigga, I'm still in the music videits full time, so I don't even know what I'm really doing on the podcast space. That's why I was like when Noy recognized me, I'm like, maybe this is God telling me, yes, nigga, that.
Speaker 7: Shit you're doing is working. Le Red calls me yo, that shit you do.
Speaker 2: But for me, it was weird because I'm like, that's like a nigga playing basketball his whole career. He the number one nigga. Now you're trying baseball and everybody like you're doing good over there. I'm like, nigga, I'm trying to I'm trying to get paid to play a sport. Though, no, you look good right there swinging that back. Basketball ain't your sport. So it's always so it's been that So when I see people like Nori, when Joe Budden, people like Wallow that actually like I know you, that shit made me feel that shit is like all I needed from God.
Speaker 3: I can relye to you.
Speaker 4: And I wanted to say that to.
Speaker 2: Y'all because we all superheroes. We sometimes we don't know. NOI just being norrid, y'all. I know you, he don't know.
Speaker 4: He made he confirmed what God needed me to hear that Mom that I'm on the right.
Speaker 3: Pal you but you are, thank you.
Speaker 4: So I just want to say that.
Speaker 2: So that's when I started talking online. I was just talking to hopefully get a job because I'm the best at doing that.
Speaker 7: But it's like they were scared of me. Nobody called me.
Speaker 2: But I still got more records, I still got more hits. I and that nigga right there, Tron Thomas had more hits than everybody on the Warning staff his half since I left. And I just want to sit it on And I'm not saying to be disrespected on saying the thing you would think they would call us.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 7: They rather fuck with the people who's easy people.
Speaker 6: So let me ask you real quick, do you really really really think.
Speaker 3: That rock relation? Let's go. I went to Joey Krack that said, Cole, No, we think that.
Speaker 7: No, this is what I think happened. Because I do podcasts.
Speaker 2: I think Joe I think we all talk, you know, like camera's not rolling, we talk about ideas what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Not before they off camera. Yoant to talk about.
Speaker 2: Joe saying something like, y'all really like I really want to get that cold man, but I know he family.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, so I might chill.
Speaker 2: I can see him saying, nah.
Speaker 3: He ain't family like that no more.
Speaker 2: Really, because Joe said, I need that hundred million in my mind. You know this story, you know, you go to that place in our life, you, not me, not you, but me and you because you and DJ it's different. They want to talk to you, but.
Speaker 4: You and me.
Speaker 3: We have to go.
Speaker 5: We have to get in the room.
Speaker 2: Yo's service is this So when you go and when Fat Joe says, I don't fuck with j Cole rather than I fuck with him, Fat Joe is picking Fat Joe the podcasting. He's not thinking like Fat Joe because Fat Joe the artist will want the record with Cole, but Fat Joe so he picked the podcast. So I'm like, you know, by the way, I think he's amazing. I think he's he's gonna be so big at it. But I do believe that somebody said you, I think you should because I say shit out loud, and then they.
Speaker 7: Be like, I don't think you should say that, or.
Speaker 4: I think you should.
Speaker 6: You want me to tell me j Cole and Kendrick could have left to some life death.
Speaker 5: Like life deaferent like.
Speaker 3: Betwen Cole and Kendrick.
Speaker 4: I don't think that would have gotten that far, not between them.
Speaker 6: But you're making my point that I'm trying to say. It's no, no, hear me out. You're making my point. Is what I'm trying to say is it's never them.
Speaker 3: That's how you're about to say that.
Speaker 5: It's the people that stand.
Speaker 6: And the people that are standing behind them wants to make a point that's true and they will kill.
Speaker 5: Tupus murderers and Biggie's murderers. Wasn't Biggie.
Speaker 3: It was the people that were standing.
Speaker 7: Next to that'm trying to prove themselves.
Speaker 6: So when Jake Cole did that, me, as a black man, as an artist, I said, no, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: Got you. But as a black man.
Speaker 6: That's understood and understands what's going on in society, that understands that, I.
Speaker 3: Agree with j Cole. Bro I did.
Speaker 6: I was like, Yo, he took a stance. Is it popular? Noah, It's not popular, right No? But what was Tupac's popular.
Speaker 5: Was was was was Biggie?
Speaker 6: Like I know, I know all of these guys right from Biggie and Tupac's murder.
Speaker 4: I know him all.
Speaker 3: Right, I get it. That's real ship.
Speaker 5: So I understand j Cole's.
Speaker 4: Back to the Joe part of it though about him on the podcast even but.
Speaker 2: Even but even then, like but even then, like the way Joe spoke about j Cole was like he was.
Speaker 6: A battle just as an artist, That's what I'm saying. But you know, and so so hit me out.
Speaker 1: He was looking at me out right as in terms of hip hop and the culture and battle rapping. Yeah, he didn't do the right thing. But as a black man, if he wanted to protect himself or Kenjick, is where it could it go? I get it as a black man.
Speaker 4: As.
Speaker 1: I want to say this, does MC call my name? I'm ripping your head off.
Speaker 6: But guess what. Guess what, as dot see, you don't claim no motherfucking nationality, right right.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's if that's true.
Speaker 3: You don't claim that's what if you really.
Speaker 6: Know, I'm sorry. You really appreciate being who we are and know where it can lead to.
Speaker 1: IM about to say that you got to be prepared for where it could go because it can always go left, and to say the truth, the most likely event, because we got such big egos and be so sensitive about our art, it most likely it will go left. You got to be prepared. Don't go let Jacob was going, we probably knew, like I want to go back to l A and whatever. He probably he probably just knew. I'm like, I don't need you want the drama because I don't need. But like if nobody wants drama, it's stressful. You don't choose drama just unless you just out.
Speaker 5: Of your mind.
Speaker 4: But if it come and you ready to handling situation.
Speaker 3: That MC and him was ready to do some m C ship but then he saw.
Speaker 4: Its like where he is going.
Speaker 3: He read his car.
Speaker 2: He's like, let's I'm with him because I'm not balaning nobody. Like if me and grabbed that problem, I want to call him. I don't if he says something.
Speaker 3: That's how you really.
Speaker 2: Felt, really just I'm just too real but human being, I'm just like yo, like that's why I feel j Cole because I really think that Drake and Kendrick was doing this on some fun play ship, like let's do it for the culture, and it got ugly. He was like, he was like, you, I don't I don't think.
Speaker 3: I do think that they thought it was gonna.
Speaker 7: Go that far.
Speaker 8: It was friendly, but I think they were ready for it to go that far as an m C.
Speaker 4: Friendly.
Speaker 6: You're correct too, You're not wrong, but you're not wrong. But what I'm saying is as there was friends, that ship was.
Speaker 4: Bubbling as they were. It was bubbling, but that's my thing.
Speaker 7: But we did, but they never said it.
Speaker 3: That's I mean when you.
Speaker 4: Correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: Wasn't Kendricks a freestyle on.
Speaker 4: The BT a ward years ago?
Speaker 7: Wasn't he talking to Drake with all the hogho.
Speaker 9: Ark?
Speaker 7: Let me explain, I got you. That is the MC world.
Speaker 4: Bro in the MC world, I hear bars different than regular people.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're talking about nobody. Even when he said, ain't no big three, it's just big me. I didn't know until I heard saying we the big three. I'm like, but that was a direct shot.
Speaker 4: I was a shot. So it's like and the mcs that know each other, they know they talking and coach to each other. That's my point.
Speaker 3: So they was taking I went back.
Speaker 2: You say some ship, ain't you. I can't forgive you for ship. I'm a brog. I can't hold on.
Speaker 6: Let me say one thing. I respect every move that you made. And let me just say this.
Speaker 3: This is me. Y'all can refute me.
Speaker 6: I knew when he engaged into the battle, and then I knew when he got out of the battle. When he got out of the battle was I did see you know the Luxel hotel where Tupac drove off, and I saw that and for that, you know Tupac, that was September third, I'm born September sixth.
Speaker 3: I always look at that like a downfall for hip hop.
Speaker 5: Me too.
Speaker 4: Hip hop hasn't recovered since we have no and hasn't learned to lessen.
Speaker 2: And hip hop has recovered since the Drake Kendrick thing either like we can't like we are not a place where like hip hop is in the worst place ever because of the giants fought each other. Yes, giants usually have. It's like you know they are let me tell you.
Speaker 4: They are correct.
Speaker 3: They rolling out.
Speaker 2: They are rolling loud Friday night, cold, Saturday night, Drake, Sunday night, Kendrick.
Speaker 7: Think about that. That means that every.
Speaker 2: At the top, you know them little names under all those little names, benefited from that day.
Speaker 7: Because I'm on.
Speaker 2: The same ticket as Kendrick, we don't have none of that ship no more so, in my opinion, I think that like I think that it was playing. They thought it was like doing for the culture. They grew up in hip hop different. I'm forty six, I'm I was sixteen with PAWDD, so I grew up knowing how seriously, I remember watching The Wars when Dre said it, So I think that they got to this place where they's like, yo, let's do it for the culture.
Speaker 4: Like those other guys there were friends. What the first what's the worst that could happen?
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think that's the way with it person as a rapper, like, I'm on this side and y'all.
Speaker 4: I would like it to be that.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, because I'm an MC in the street guy, right, So I look at it in two ways. I understand why j Cole did what he did, and I actually I was telling my man this the other day, the street part of my brain. I wish that Drake did that in the beginning too. I was the first say that because I was like, when you battle somebody, let me tell you what I'm telling you. Why when you battling somebody in the hip hop shit right, we street niggas, so we know it could always go left, and most likely it will. You gotta look at this scenario and say, is this rap no?
Speaker 5: Is this street?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: If it goes too far, can I handle it? Am I ready for what comes after? The after I put this this verse out. If you know in the back of your mind it's a fight that you might not win or you don't really want to engage in. You got to play chess and figure out the slick way to get out of that ship if you're not ready for that smoke, because she could get physical.
Speaker 7: So I'm asking you.
Speaker 1: This why I look at it different, like I want to go there.
Speaker 4: I'm ready to go all the way.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The way Drake's taking it, like the seriousness the lawsuit.
Speaker 5: You think in his mind, he he knew he was gonna.
Speaker 3: Do all that going.
Speaker 7: I don't think he thought that he hit me out.
Speaker 3: You go into a.
Speaker 2: Battle, now you got to think about how far I'm willing to go. That's that's why when no, then he said, Carmen, that was you went too far saying somebody name bro like it was like you.
Speaker 4: I just disagree with that. I don't feel like there's no rules.
Speaker 2: Because but you, I'm bad at you and I and I and I smashed the baby moms.
Speaker 4: That's the first artist by the code. You're wrong that you can't battle.
Speaker 3: You're wrong, like because yeah, because because in in in the art of battle, like you.
Speaker 5: It should be art.
Speaker 4: But that's no rules. There's one of them, and then there's the artists that engage in battling. That's two different worlds.
Speaker 3: That's that's they don't understand the rules.
Speaker 4: That's true when it's a street.
Speaker 1: When it when it came his story and it most likely will, the rules is gone only rules. There is no woman in kids in terms of physical ship.
Speaker 4: But if if I'm hadding.
Speaker 1: You and I smashed the baby moms.
Speaker 4: It's going in the first balls.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, yeah yeah, but starting with that, we had irv Gotti gonna happen. I love her got the one mean, but the first four seconds he was saying it was like I was wrong.
Speaker 1: But he talked about that's not a battle rap dated. I'm talking about battle rapout. This is the battle rap No, no, no, no, no, that was what you So let me tell what I say something like that.
Speaker 3: You're making it about.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you some when you fucking somebody, that's a secret. No matter what happened, it's a secret. Like like if I see somebody fucking before, like twenty years ago, I'm like, we got a secret together.
Speaker 3: We ain't gonna tell nobody.
Speaker 2: So he jay, I think with the nazing, the reason why everybody was now because he bothered him and her relationship.
Speaker 3: Well that well, I agree with that's what That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That mean as a human nigga, it's like you we learned our lessons.
Speaker 4: I don't. I'm just saying I don't think like the big and pop thing.
Speaker 2: Them niggas hate. They they was real war each other went, it's a battle. They was like, let's do it for the culture. I think probably got word that many probably got word that it was going go a little deeper. It was like, you know what both of your niggas my friends. I'm a chill and he chilled.
Speaker 1: But I think, like I think Cole probably chilled in my opinion because it's not got spoken about it. But I think he chilled because he realized what could it was the raifications of the ship and the stress that beef and general brings. It's nobody wants.
Speaker 4: I don't think that was beef, though I thought it was about It wasn't beef.
Speaker 5: It could go with him again, I don't think it was beef.
Speaker 1: But where it could go, but we could go, is that's what I mean. I think he sold like this can get ugly and I don't want that. I'm friends with this man in real life. I don't want it to go where it could go, and it might go. He might know what he's he will in the right he was like, damn what the sun stated this back? I gotta pay this back.
Speaker 4: They could go left. I mean, in two seconds, it almost felt like two artists that grew up seeing what happened to Big Park right and said we could take it that far, but not that far exactly what you got like that learned the lesson, I think, and I think that they probably said we ain't gonna hurt each other, but I might say some motherfucking words you want gonna like today. And when he says pedophile, Drake is like, hold.
Speaker 3: On, brother, he went too fucking far now with probably friends.
Speaker 5: That's that.
Speaker 2: That is no longer a joke. You're no longer joking on me, bro, you went too far by calling me. That is different.
Speaker 4: And he said, I'm not your fucking friend anymore. And that's what happened. I don't think he said I'm assuming universal.
Speaker 2: Because y'all are letting him say this like he don't understand. It was a joke. It was just how we talk in the streets.
Speaker 1: But then it't start say he beat. I'm trying to tell you, yo that the battle rap brain, there's no rules in war. Niggas is not playing nice.
Speaker 3: And Drake is a fan of battle.
Speaker 2: And if I was about to tell you he's missing his Drake nor Kendrake nor j call the battle rappers.
Speaker 3: They are artists that can really rap.
Speaker 1: And they know they soul.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 3: Realized that Drake is a big fan of battle. It is impossible would Drink to be a battle rapper. What way he's got here right now?
Speaker 10: He started when he's acting right now, he's not a battle rapper. Well, I said that that was that personally, that's not battle rap. Battle rap is you touch me, you up, you say whatever you want, say whatever you want. Care but this nigga taking it personal. I'm telling you he's taking.
Speaker 2: It personal because that was really his friend and he was like, Bro, you took it too far.
Speaker 4: Man. That's how they talk, like like bros.
Speaker 3: Okay, listen.
Speaker 4: But he got that top drink. I'm like, there's some ship right now.
Speaker 3: I'm telling ship right now.
Speaker 4: Is in let's go.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm gonna be honest. I love I love Drake and.
Speaker 6: Jack's battle. We're being honest too. This this is might have been the best battle.
Speaker 1: That was a good yeah period period both Kevin, especially when they were going back and forth dropping songs by the hour.
Speaker 4: I was like this, bro, Bro, that was the peak of hip hop. That was to me. It was like.
Speaker 3: That we saw on social media as well. In the real time. For my birthday.
Speaker 4: I'm in Vegas my birthday and my son calls me. It's twelve.
Speaker 3: It's nine o'clock our time.
Speaker 7: He's sixteen.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 2: You hear Drake, Drake your drop because my son is a Drake staying he likes you, you can't tell him ship.
Speaker 4: He thinks Drake is gone, like you need a record drink drop And I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, so you need some doctor. See your son, my son, I'm like your dad, little nigga, and your son he's like na.
Speaker 4: He took by the way, my son time that ship personal.
Speaker 2: People really took it personal when Drake lost the battle, like my son. Really, they ain't got over that ship. But that was the peak, that was the moment. It was a Saturday. If it was a fucking satur niggas, I'm on a night, I'm eating dinner at National Restaurant.
Speaker 6: We can't say Drake lost the battle. This to east the zoom. I mean right, he lost that ship.
Speaker 1: Though against as soon as I heard they're not like us.
Speaker 4: But let me take it.
Speaker 3: What's crazy.
Speaker 1: It goes back to my statement about.
Speaker 4: Rules and wall.
Speaker 1: When I first heard they not like us, right.
Speaker 3: Check it.
Speaker 4: I heard what he was doing.
Speaker 1: Besides the pedophile ship that put out the most everybody else me is a street nigga. I heard him turning Cali against the nigga. I said, Atlanta, I said, you let.
Speaker 4: Him check check, check check.
Speaker 1: It is important you let him turn the battle from Drake first, Kendrick to Drake versus Cali. I was like, my nigga, if I was you when I heard this song, I would probably make a video talking like I fuck with Cady. I just sink fucking with a boy. Let's not, let's not, let's not. I don't want to lose a state. I'm battling a dude, a rapper, not a state. He that was a chess move. He took his whole state with you. He from you, I mean, turned Atlanta on you. He called the names right like.
Speaker 7: He like that was That's why I said I was a big chess.
Speaker 4: Chess move I seen I was like against Canada. That was such a chess move.
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, you know we aretist signed to me when he was in Atlanta with me when this she was like, I would have got here in the car me eleven eleven my artists.
Speaker 7: He's like, yo, bro. He beat a nigga up in the club that night when he.
Speaker 2: Was in front of the club, I'm lying, I lie my girl right there. He beat a nigga in the club up because he was like, I'm tired of people think of Toronto soft.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 2: Bro, I'm like, no, nobody think Toronto soft. But let me just say this, Drake, you should have known better. I got so many cardinal officials, My brothers, they and friends are nice ass guys that I would let stay in my house.
Speaker 7: They could, they could bring their kids stay.
Speaker 4: In my house.
Speaker 3: CALLI.
Speaker 2: Niggas do Burke pees on the fucking block.
Speaker 3: They fuck it. It's all they do.
Speaker 2: Bro, you shouldn't have battled them, bro, like it's only thing. Was like, by the way, I think, I personally think Drake has a better catalog than Kendrick. I think Kendrick is more gifted as an artist, but I listened to Drake music more so I'm more of a Drake fan, but I respect what Kendrick does.
Speaker 7: I'm Drake fran. I'm like, yo, I don't think you should fight that.
Speaker 5: I don't think you.
Speaker 7: Should do that.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 7: Plus, you gotta go to Canada. You gotta go to La. You get your money in La.
Speaker 5: He don't get no money in Canada.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: When y'all land, when y'all land on the plane, don't think that them niggas don't got niggas at TSA like yo, such and such, just laying from Drake Crew, Nigga's la. They got a whole network out there. They three hours behind us. They kept the rules in Wolf if you think like that.
Speaker 1: If he was thinking like that in the beginning, he might have been like, I'm not going to detain this battle because I gotta go to Cali. Unless you want to go to wall You gotta think all the way left. You can't just be like, oh, it's the battle, we're friends, nahu all that's on the street.
Speaker 4: He could have battled by ignoring and just putting out a hit record.
Speaker 1: Did he heard the Big three line said it's not good enough, come harder, and it's left it like that?
Speaker 4: Then it would have went away. You would have still been a nigga.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you run and play chess back.
Speaker 1: He out smart as you.
Speaker 4: Hip hop has we We we appreciate that they engage each other. I'm gonna talk to honestly. You said you said there was nothing positive. I think one of the main positive things that came out of is that hip hop.
Speaker 3: The youth. They engaged in lyrics again, they were yeah, they were picking apart the lyrics.
Speaker 4: It was amazing ciphering them, and I love that as an older hip hop and like, yo, now y'all we're.
Speaker 3: Doing we was doing you know what I'm saying. I hadn't seen that in a long time.
Speaker 2: And then and then not like after they dropped, Think about it, when have we had anything good?
Speaker 5: The last thing exciting and hip hop?
Speaker 2: Cole just dropped out and he about to do three hundred thousand plus we we were having niggas do Yes, we have a niggas under one hundred thousand our stars right now. So to me, we kind of tricked ourselves out our position if you ask me, Like, hip hop gotta stop being so competitive. We gotta start being a little bit more collaborative like pop artists, absolutely, but.
Speaker 3: Hip hop is competitive.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't just say.
Speaker 3: He hit them.
Speaker 2: It's like black folks when we walk into the room, we're trying to figure out how to take each other out.
Speaker 7: We're trying to figure out like we don't.
Speaker 5: Need each other.
Speaker 3: And what I'm telling is that we.
Speaker 2: Got to start thinking more group economics, more group like nigga. I say good shit about everybody. Even now, I don't think I said nothing. People talk about how controversy. A I don't think I'm saying that controversy. I'm thinking I'm saying what I'll see as a coach.
Speaker 7: Like I'm like Joe said, Yo, y'all.
Speaker 2: Want a hundred million? Fuck it, Jake, And I was like, I wish you to say that. I'm listening, Nigga, I just heard you say. You basically say I want a hundred million. So fuck another artist, a fellow artist that can go and get you as a podcaster. But he's showing us where his head is at, and I think he should be there because he's just as good, if not better, as a.
Speaker 7: Podc casta means an artist.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we fal for the record, we have Fat joe last single with a Need on DJ Kelly.
Speaker 7: I bet Fat Joe didn't know that that that was.
Speaker 2: On the phone with his people working out the splits last year when he dropped direk in Toronto.
Speaker 4: Wrote that ship.
Speaker 7: So I want to see everybody win.
Speaker 2: But you got to ask, like when I'm in the room, Norie, I asked, I remember this.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna say this. I never said this on record.
Speaker 2: I remember being in the room with no id and Cardinal officier and and Drake just dropped and I was like, gone, I'm like, this isn't gonna be the biggest artists in the world.
Speaker 4: It was like, just drop one.
Speaker 7: I'm like, Nigga, he the cheat cold, he's beige.
Speaker 4: I'm raising beage kids, my nigga, So were you your kids?
Speaker 3: Are your kids?
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 2: My kids are beige. They a little bit of black, a little bit of white. Day my daughter's my daughter is non she's a K pop DMA hunter. She's bage were raising bige kids. So I'm looking at Drake, I'm like, you have Jewish, you have black, your dad's from the States. Nigga, you can do anything. Drake can do one dance. You literally had no nothing to stand in front of you in the world in your face, but hip hop caught you. The culture caught you. And I wish I was in the room as an American and say, we don't.
Speaker 3: Need that shit.
Speaker 2: What's the worst that Let's look at the best thing can happen in the worst, right, Okay, what do we think You're gonna get more popular after this battle?
Speaker 3: Them little white girls?
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 7: Don't give a fuck about Kendrick.
Speaker 5: Don't give a.
Speaker 3: Fuck about what he's saying.
Speaker 2: You give it his worst powers, nigga.
Speaker 3: That's what I saw watching out these niggas. I mean want do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Artists called me, Everybody calls me for information, like Yo, Ray, what should I do?
Speaker 4: This is my scenario. I wish you would call me. I would tell him a bro number one Kendrick.
Speaker 2: I think Kendrick could beat you because he played he gonna play dirty and in you you Canadian, you're gonna play clean. Then niggas gonna play dirty. So nigga don't battle the nigga and then Kendrick might be a good kid. But he say a good kid.
Speaker 4: From what y'all a mad sh niggas.
Speaker 2: The mad niggas is around him, like let me and you gotta think about that. If you and nigga that ain't been cool with a nigga, I think about this. If you and a nigga ain't been cool with Kendrick because he don't answer your phone because you're baking them five thousand dollars six months ago and you need another end and you heard it over your nigga somewhere. I might just go take that change just to show Kencher he look, Bro, I'm still cool with you. That's why you gotta think I'm thinking like a war general that I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's what I was saying. It's war.
Speaker 1: But that's why you see the points you made when when he when you said to him, if you was cool and you would have said, what do you gain from this battle? That's what I would have said.
Speaker 3: Respect? Check it. Respect.
Speaker 4: But look, if let's.
Speaker 1: Say Drake one, he probably would have beef and Cali.
Speaker 3: So are you winning? You know?
Speaker 4: When?
Speaker 3: Are you listening?
Speaker 2: But he was on a double like a back to back tall, you already won. I want to tell you you't get to celebrate that ship. Ship and he's up in this back. I want to tell you something to look at it. I want to tell you something to you colde. Let me ask you a question. Grab, I'm just being honest with you. My whole thing is is this is that is?
Speaker 4: I forgot my question.
Speaker 7: Man, I'm high.
Speaker 3: I forgot my question, y'all. I'm at what I know.
Speaker 8: To leave me alone, right, hilarious.
Speaker 6: I really wanted to give your flowers, bro, because you know why, there's a lot of people don't understand what you've been through. In this industry, bro, I saw it. Let me give your flowers.
Speaker 3: Let me give your.
Speaker 4: I saw it.
Speaker 5: I know who you are. I know, and I know the fact that you know a lot.
Speaker 6: More that you even don't put out.
Speaker 4: I know this, and.
Speaker 3: I would be remorse.
Speaker 6: I would be a fake person to not say like, I always wanted to give you your flowers. He always wanted to tell you how much, because you know why, in the industry we need to give people flowers. That's behind the scene. I'm glad you said that, you know. It's it's so many times there's people that don't get you know what I'm saying, Like they're over there, and.
Speaker 5: There's people like you who you know the industry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right.
Speaker 6: So I don't agree with every single thing you say, but I agree with.
Speaker 5: Ninety nine of this is you say.
Speaker 7: I appreciate you, bro, and by the way, thank you for real.
Speaker 6: And I'm sitting there and I'm liking your likes. But then I have to say to myself and I gotta say, man, I can't like his like secretly, I have to do this, by the way, that's real shit. So this is the reason why I wanted you to be here, because I really want you to know, like you're the secret beliefs of the industry.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Like there's so many people that's like him, right, that it is amongst the industry, because the industry has nothing to do with the people.
Speaker 5: That's in front of the camera.
Speaker 3: Bro. Right, that's the fact. That's a fact.
Speaker 5: It's mostly the rays of the business that really.
Speaker 2: Remember I'm on the number one hip hop podcast. In the word I'm gonna say this is important for black men to listen, all all men, minority men to the number one thing holding us all back from being great.
Speaker 7: It's the words emotional discipline.
Speaker 3: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: You have to be emotionally disciplined in this world to be successful as a black man.
Speaker 5: That's why I just look at like this.
Speaker 2: When we in the club and we all black, we all, we all, we all been in the club, and when a fight break out the club, use if niggas asked, what are you gonna go do? Yeah, you see bar fights all the time. White men just walk out their eyes bloody like oh he got me that day. But they have the emotional disciline and understand if I go to the car and do something, this might end my life. If I do something stupid, and to me, that's the one thing holding us back. Like even me, like I've been like, I've never said the story of being black ball until now. I was waiting to get on the biggest motherfucking platform to say their names. Nigga, I want you to be scared when y'all see you know why they don't expect that they see a nigga like me, and they count niggas like me out, Like where a nigga gonna go? Nigga, I'm from this ship, bro. I never had a teacher, my nigga. I learned everything watching. I learned every nigga. I learned everything watching. So for me, you know, when I saw this ship, I was waiting to get on here to say what I was thinking to say, Yeah, they black ball. I've never said I was black ball, but I was nigga. They can't black ball greatness nigga.
Speaker 3: Fact.
Speaker 2: So I tell everybody said a worry about what they think about you, focus on being fucking great. Can't stop greatness. You can stop a nigga. Thats trying, though, but nigga greatness. We've seen that. I'm a Knicks fan, Nigga. I want your Knicks fan, nigga. I seen my majority of kick we checked out. I cried every time we lost. I know you, when you see greatness, sometimes you gotta just go to it.
Speaker 6: I gotta apologize for everybody else's watching this. When you say you're a Knicks fan, that means not proud.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you something.
Speaker 4: You know, Knicks man.
Speaker 2: You the Knicks taught me about love. The Knicks taught me what love is as a Knicks fan. I'm not lying to you, bro. I've said a hundred times, like every time the season start.
Speaker 5: Fuck these niggas, man.
Speaker 2: Fuck these niggas. I'm tired of these niggas. I don't want to watch them. I want to be a Laker fan. I want to go for the fucking champions. And then I'll see a nigga try and running the ball.
Speaker 4: Keep going. I can't help it.
Speaker 3: I can't help it.
Speaker 7: That's the only from New York, nigga.
Speaker 2: I got it. I built a sixty thousand dollars New York basketball court at my crib.
Speaker 5: Nigga.
Speaker 7: I love the Knicks, bro, I can't help it. So I was a kid. I loved them.
Speaker 5: That's all I had in New York.
Speaker 2: As a kid was the Knicks. Watch we play touch football on the parks, nigga nigga New York. On a part tackle, we might get your ass killed. I know you play though, So yeah, so I learned a lot of love. I looked a lot about love from the Knicks because every year I cheered from But we're good this year, so hopefully we go far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get up to the fucking niggas.
Speaker 3: Let's go for the.
Speaker 4: Plap.
Speaker 8: But we cool with that, Miami he.
Speaker 4: But I just say, man greatness is, and so for me, I'll just focus on his greatness, bro.
Speaker 7: And that's why I look at this shit.
Speaker 2: So even when I talk like and I've said things that I regret, I've said things that I know. I only said one thing I regret and that was about it Shanty. I didn't like that one because they edited up. Well, we were talking about IRV Gotti and basically said, what people don't understand about me is that I'm a nigga.
Speaker 7: I'm a real nigga. So I talk like a real nigga.
Speaker 2: So they said, why do you think a Shanty got to IRV Gotti the way she did?
Speaker 4: Like IRV is that nigga. He was that nigga, he had all the bitches. Why did that one get to him?
Speaker 2: That's what they asked me, and I said, because he gave her his one cheat code. I got one cheek colde. I know I'm gonna marry one motherfucker. I'm an marry. I'm gonna take somebody to do the marry process. I'm gonna get him remakes.
Speaker 5: And he picked a.
Speaker 7: Shanti and she't stay lord to him in his eyes, so that's what made him hurt.
Speaker 2: But it came off but I said, basically, he gave her the biggest cheat cold of all time. So it came up like I was disrespecting her, but I wasn't. I was really saying, you know this, when youre a nigga graft, you're like, yo, somebody ill nor y'all. I got an opportunity for something a female artist. It's like, i'mnna give it to who I want to. If you give it to somebody that and they don't repay you, that shit hurts you more than anybody. Because IRV coun create another shanty, because if he could, he would have.
Speaker 7: My only chance to create a Shanzi was with you and now you not with me.
Speaker 2: So nigga, I know that feel to give your whole, your whole thing to somebody and they don't love you the way you think they should. So that's what I was saying, but it came out wrong. But everything I say, I'm pretty much back. I support because I'm speaking from a good place, and I also admit I'm wrong. I was wrong about the damn shit I said, but I want to make it. I have a brilli important take. I want to say to y'all at the table and see what y'all think. I think that the reason why we're fucked up in black music is because of one moment.
Speaker 3: In history exactly.
Speaker 2: No, I'm serious, hit me out when Dame Dash cursed out Kevin.
Speaker 5: Lyles and Randy Aker, who works with us.
Speaker 3: I didn't know who RADIAKA was.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I knew Kevin Lowles was, and I think at that moment when he cursed out Kevin Lowles and we saw a president of a company again talked to like that nobody wants to be an executive no more.
Speaker 7: Everybody want to be Dame.
Speaker 3: And that was in the movie. That was That was in bat that says in high school.
Speaker 2: When I saw that ship, I was like, I want to be Dame.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to be Kevin. But look at look at Kevin is great.
Speaker 2: Kevin is so company for three hundred and thirty million, He's still here.
Speaker 7: So you just start learning.
Speaker 2: But I think that because when I nobody black wants to be in the business. Everybody wants labels. They want to own that's our ship. I don't want to work my own my ship. But if anybody working in there, how are we gonna get people to own ship?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: But yeah, sure you got to have a friend in there.
Speaker 2: When when Joey II does his deal with Todd, Moscow is tired. He looked out for Todd. That's why Todd at that boysel. They look out for each other. So we need a nigga in the building to tell us like I do, like, yo, this is this what they trying to do?
Speaker 5: Get your money? We don't have that absolutely right, yeah, right.
Speaker 4: Right, And it's a letter that everybody's at the top of the letter.
Speaker 2: You got to disagree and what not, even you know what I'm saying, not even though what is that shit called half a second millisecond, not even a midic because absolutely, Because when I was in the building, when I started realizing, can I.
Speaker 5: Can I say something? You know who you know who's the biggest fan?
Speaker 6: I am that Adam Sama exactly saying really, Adam, I love him too.
Speaker 3: Okay did you I didn't know?
Speaker 4: I know me and you were I know.
Speaker 5: But let me just tell you something. You know who was in Adam Sandler's movie?
Speaker 3: His people? His friends?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he just all the time.
Speaker 1: I respect that too, you know you those in every one of my movies, system of his front people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, facts.
Speaker 6: I want to be because that's gonna sound a little crazy, say I want to be the black Adam Sounder because I.
Speaker 4: Know I get it though.
Speaker 1: I want to be Norri you sad about him howering your people and keep up.
Speaker 3: I want to be that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel I don't want to be that.
Speaker 6: I looked at Adam Sandler's movies. Mm hmm, every one of his movies, every one of his people, same crew, from his wife yep, even if he's playing his enemy in the actual movie.
Speaker 5: Right then you got all his children.
Speaker 6: So when you see the thing where his daughter walks in Chanelle and she walks in Chanelle and she has that ship. Is that ship is put together? Yeah, and if we as people can do the same thing, we would be the most powerful gun on the planet on the planet, right, That's a fact we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't put each other on. We do tell each other that.
Speaker 2: Let me say, when I had that mentality tall something when I work. Chubby Baby rest in peace, Chubby baby I got.
Speaker 7: I got chubby Baby as job at Epic. I did that. I walked him in the room. I flew him up.
Speaker 5: Annie.
Speaker 7: I get everybody.
Speaker 2: I look out for everybody and get them jobs because it's like they tell us that's laying no having the jobs cool as fuck, especially if you needed people. I took Big U to the CEO of Warner. It was the the whole staff was nervous.
Speaker 7: Her Big You was coming. I'm like, well a, y'all scared for Like I just want to.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to be in business with him. Like he got the streets. We want the streets. Y'all keep telling me try to sign these street artists. Who the fuck you think I'm calling? Get to that people to tell him I'm legit. Let's get when I get into a building. If I'm in a building, I am the opportunity zone for everybody. I don't want to see everybody eat. That is what I'm here for. I'm only here to help my people eat. And sometimes people think of helping me and say yo, Nord, let me piece you all.
Speaker 4: Sometimes helping nigga eat saying.
Speaker 7: Go that way instead of that way.
Speaker 3: That's sometimes that's helping the nigga eat.
Speaker 5: That's how I see it.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I think that that moment Kevin lewles because because I was like, why don't nobody want to be an exec?
Speaker 5: No more?
Speaker 2: Everybody want to be puff Jay Dame. Nobody wants to be Kevin Laos And he was the biggest one. Why because he got cursed out on camera and made fun of on camera.
Speaker 7: Nobody wants to be that nigga.
Speaker 4: I'd rather be the nigga.
Speaker 7: That so and by the way, none of.
Speaker 4: These he took it so so so.
Speaker 7: Ask you this right because that was emotional disciline.
Speaker 2: By the way Kevin laws, because he did handle it, huh, I was emotional discipline. That's just that's important to say. He handled his ship. And now he's worth a hundred million I said, but he pieced other people off. I'm dripping on one third, but he handled his business and he exit, he's on the golf course.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. He did it right.
Speaker 2: So sometimes as black folks, we don't have enough of that in our society.
Speaker 5: Like nigga, we are only fifty years old.
Speaker 4: But you also you also and not everything's in front of the camera. Everybody got to realize that not everything's in front of the camera.
Speaker 6: Then God bless me, because God bless you because you said this, But then you also said he said, damn man, Jerry.
Speaker 3: Should kind of look out.
Speaker 2: That's how I lost little respect. That's why I said I was wrong. Dame called me and cursed me out. Wait what nigga da That's what I'm saying, Like I'm not trying, Dame.
Speaker 7: Dame is my nigga.
Speaker 2: Dame called me and said, nigga, that shit wasn't cool, and he was right. It was like somebody asked me and they said that he it was. It was like in the moment like breaking like we're feeling right now, somebody say breaking news, Dame has lost it all. So I'm like, I love a nigga. That's my nigga I love. I'm like, damn, if he had this true man in the art of war. You know how this shit with war. Sometimes you gotta crush that under me totally. I'm like, Jay, he's crushed totally. Now now is the time to lift them back up, because that's what that's what others do for each other. You'll go bankrupt, they say, Yo, Mary, one of my items is Jerry Wyntroup. You want to break up, bankrupt all his friends rally around you take my boat, take my plane, take my house, take three months to go figure it out.
Speaker 7: We don't do that to each other and one of us lose.
Speaker 3: We laugh.
Speaker 2: That's why we ain't got shit. I want to be the person that changes the fucking narrative and talking shit.
Speaker 3: And another thing.
Speaker 4: I also think we look at successful people like they know it all. They just like us.
Speaker 2: They'll say the same thing and get a check, just like a regular niggas say the same thing and get a check. So sometimes you just need a nigga in the room with perspective. My father went around, So because my father went around, I never have perspective, So I teach it to niggas cause I'm like, Man, if my father's in my life, I'd be worth a hundred million right now.
Speaker 4: Don't get me wrong trying. I'm good, you know, own all my shit. I'm pretty good.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, if I had a dad to tell me, don't believe what they're saying, you could do it, I would have.
Speaker 4: Did it from early on too.
Speaker 5: That's my point.
Speaker 2: So I always look back in revisionous history, like why why.
Speaker 4: Do I because ain't no black people in the buildings.
Speaker 2: And if they are, and they are docile, that's the fact of doing what they are told to do. Nigga, I was in the best that they read it. But I'm asking any nigga, I don't tell fire me if this shit don't work. I want to win more than I want to be here, y'all. I don't just want to be here. That's another reason why these labels.
Speaker 4: Suck, because they got people in there that just want to keep their job. Most of them is like that.
Speaker 2: Think about you in the NBA, just speak, ain't gonna make ITGGA, not.
Speaker 5: Gonna make it.
Speaker 2: If you want to play ball, though, play ball and let the chips fall what they make.
Speaker 1: That's a big fact they're not risking it all the pudden. They want to keep a job. Yeah, and they do what's safe. And if you're taking no risks, you can't win.
Speaker 3: Big bro.
Speaker 2: When I was in them companies, Brore, I was a spook that coach. I was literally there to learn to teach us because I hate giving another motherfucker power over us. I hate making it feel like because that nigga got something. Because what I'm gonna tell my kids ims me telling my kids. Man, I can't eat ause Nor, he says, So I got to kill Nor before I let that. Tell my kid that I'm not saying I can say. And I said, that's how I see the worry.
Speaker 7: That's my job, nigga.
Speaker 2: If something is in my way, I'm going to get around it or I'm going to run through it. And my kids. I have never once went home and told my family we ain't making no money today. That's a fact, nigga. I take the check home, nigga. So I'm the big guy, like focused on just doing what.
Speaker 5: You got to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually that's real.
Speaker 6: That's that's that's the reason why when I see your ship and I'm like, this motherfucker's been holding back for a.
Speaker 1: Long man, man, do give jewels or because even when I did this podcast, right, he gave me mad jewels and I took him with me. But I tell everybody you told me the one thing I took him when you saw the barber. But the way you said it, you was like, okay, what do you what do you find I was representing? Grab said, well, I represent the culture in New York City and his lyricism. He was like, well take that and put building blocks on top of it. You got to take your base and build on top of it. So maybe she'd do like a ball. I said, Barbara, show about.
Speaker 4: Some rap ship.
Speaker 1: After that, he said, you want your own show. I was like, yes, you know what I'm saying, And I did that. I had it in my mind already. So you put that jewel there. I didn't know what to do it when you told me, I said, I need to keep the jewel in my head.
Speaker 3: And he said you want to show?
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, if anybody went to if anybody, I'm gonn tell you how I see the world.
Speaker 7: We used to be able to lead from the back. You can't lead from the back no more.
Speaker 2: You gotta lead from the front right combined every car company in the world. You don't know the CEO of Mercedes BMW hont the number?
Speaker 5: Everybody know the CEO of Tesla.
Speaker 4: That's why Tesla's worth more than all of them put together.
Speaker 5: With the owner.
Speaker 7: What's the most famous?
Speaker 2: Who the most successful football team money wise in the game?
Speaker 7: Jerry Jones?
Speaker 5: We know the owner.
Speaker 2: Everybody who leads from the front, take their ship far them. Niggas that lead from the back, they usually the piece of shit guys. Those are the guys in the f SCEA file. That's why I don see nobody worried about that, but the people that leave from the front, because you got to like me now, dog, I love what I love, but I'm leaning from the front now, so I can't put it on them. Just walked out of the way. Man, I wanted to have fun, but nah, this might go bad for the team. I got. Nigga lives in my hand right now. I can't afford to make no mistakes. Come leading from the front, but I'm from the back. I'm like, let that shot all that ship back here.
Speaker 4: Nigga, say that ship back here.
Speaker 7: That's why we said that's some email.
Speaker 2: That's some file emails like that's leading from the back, Like I can't littlebody know what I'm doing, so but I leave from the front. That's why my ship working. And I think transparency is going to be key for anybody that leads from the front. And that's why these labels suck because nobody knows. The CEO ofver labels should be talking like I am right now, like a fucking like, yo, my company is here.
Speaker 4: What makes us different?
Speaker 2: No, they wait for the fucking the artists to get hot, come in the room, and they give the same speech. If everybody you know howe chopper. I told his mother straight up, I said, look, I know you got a lot of people want to sign him, and your mother I talked to like a mother. I said, I promise you on my dead father, I will never tell your son to do something that I wouldn't tell my son to do. And I think that was important because I'm gonna see him as I'm a man first before i see him as an artist that makes money. So for me, it's like it's big on just being human and leading from the front. We don't have enough of that.
Speaker 1: Well, none of that, so coming that's.
Speaker 3: What y'all doing. Let's tape what y'all doing? A boy having me here?
Speaker 2: No, he pulled me to the front. Infl y'all pulled me to the front. That nigga's important. Come up here with us. That's what that's what we're supposed to do for each other. And think about it. We do that for each other. Dog, Dame Dash is never gonna fail. He might have a lot of problems with people that he knew, but he's never gonna fail because he's been the inspiration.
Speaker 5: There's so many others.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he might be down for somebody gonna say, put your name on my bowling alley, nigga, because you Dame Dash, because he led from the front.
Speaker 7: He wasn't the CEO stealing money. He was always there.
Speaker 2: So I think that that's what we are in society, and now you gotta lead from the front. And that's why I was fucked up because everybody want to hide their hands, right, nigga, My hands is showing and I'm still in it. That's because I'm good at what I do. Not like niggas that hot is usually not good. And by the way, it's so much ship. I would go on, but I'll just be respectful because you know, you gotta gotta give people a chance to like the people to see and get mad first. But I know what's happened in the music business. They're killing it, bro, But you.
Speaker 11: Still transparency and that's the exist exists robbing it and they have to though, they have to because that but the artist is not in favor of the artists is a bad loan nigga. So it's like, if you're going to do bad beness with somebody.
Speaker 3: You got to hide in the back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so not money, you did that? Accountan did that you nigga?
Speaker 2: Because they can't do nothing without coming to your office and making sure you're.
Speaker 7: Cool with it.
Speaker 3: That's the fact.
Speaker 5: You can't do nothing without us cold sign of that fact.
Speaker 6: But I'm the fucking artist that actually signed those deals, right, and it was.
Speaker 4: Smaller ones, more mad.
Speaker 3: It was horrible for me, So yeah, that's a big fact.
Speaker 1: I remember when I first got in the business, right, my first three deals I had on the table, All three of them were bad, but I couldn't afford to pay my lawyer, so he get a percentage of the deal. The worst, the worst deal was the was the one with the biggest bread on it. He told me to sign that one because he gets paid the most. I'm fucking nineteen years old.
Speaker 12: I'm like, I know the Floyds with each other. It's a thirty game, bro, thirty game. I'm gonna hold my tongue. No, No, they're all friends.
Speaker 2: They're all they're all friends, all work together.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. Let's go.
Speaker 2: I all work together, they all together, and they all cussling together. Listen, let me tell you something. They all friends. That's what killed me when you think about this. Let's just talk real. If you were younger, let's say you twenty on.
Speaker 3: Let me say you.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you why I want you to talk because me graph we need people like you. Yeah, saying we actually scope out people like you to help us. So now that you're here, actually, oh yeah, I'll take a shot.
Speaker 2: I don't even drink like that, but I'm drinking where let's go, let'sten, it goes out.
Speaker 5: You know what, we actually slow solo, let go.
Speaker 4: We could have the drinking games a whole bit time.
Speaker 3: What is that.
Speaker 5: I don't drink.
Speaker 7: I want to tell you something important.
Speaker 2: I just know that's important because I just saw so obviously, I'm in Atlanta.
Speaker 7: I'm connected to the streets.
Speaker 2: I know I'm from the streets, right, I just don't I speak, so I speak. So this kid right here with me, this kid, Fredo, he works than me, right, he's Fredo comes to me as like a street dude. And he comes to me swear to God, and he's like, yo, Ray, I just want to tell you I got ten for you. I was like, all right, cool, my nigga, Like, I need no money. He was like, I'm like what ten ten?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: He said ten years?
Speaker 5: I'm like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: He was like, I do ten years for you today. If I have to o God, I go, why the fuck would you do that? I said, no, he's right there. I said, Bro, I'm your og. That's the problem. OG's making young nigga sacrifice that time.
Speaker 4: That's the problem.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Bro, my job is to put you on. My job is to protect you. And by the way, the Sierra Chris Brown, how we wrote record. He wrote that he got a platinum record to Toronto Form.
Speaker 4: Making that happen. But my point is that he's now, he's a street dude and he has he wrote for Sierra. Yeah, I show you how to do this because.
Speaker 2: You just need someone to lead you. Let me show I'm leading front the front. Now come up here with me. Let me show you could do this shit too. That's what happens when now imagine when I was a piece of shit nigga. Imagine if I was I had a little dick and I was just walking around, I did somebody trump got little nigga gon put.
Speaker 4: No, I'm a real nigga. Bro, I do what a real nigga should.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna lead my people, bro I want And I say this on record. I know labels ain't doing it because they ain't called me yet.
Speaker 5: The label that why why.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't you call me? La Reed said when that something to me? One day, he said, when you talk, every artist listens. Cardinal Official called me and said, you are the manager of everybody in the music business, every manager, the network is yours. If you as a label, why wouldn't I'm ahead of a label. I'm like, get that nigga in here.
Speaker 4: But they know when I come in there, I'm gonna be like, what y'all doing to these people? Right?
Speaker 2: I'm not for sale, my nigga. I want to work with you. But I'm just not for saying the book. I want to go home. I want to go home. I want to see my niggas. I don't want to see nor or see you. And I know y'all with me and y'all. My mom lives good because of music. My mom John's a rain. My mom was a school bus drip. My mom was usher school bus driver. My mom was a school bus driver for Fulton County schools. And now she lives in a mass and he drives a rangehow and it's all paid the funk off because of music. This ship can change your life if you treated like greatness. Music became a hustle like sports is still about greatness. Music greatness left and now it's all about how can make some money. Michael Jackson wasn't making thriller thinking how can I make a billion dollars? He was like, I'm gonna make some ship that's gonna shut this world down. And nobody's aiming for that no more. Everybody's just trying to get some money.
Speaker 1: Hip Hop became low hanging fruit because it's easy as this.
Speaker 2: You don't have to have talent to do it. I can't graft and rap. I just get a nigga to do voice you right, his raps now he's famous.
Speaker 3: That's all go.
Speaker 4: That was by design too. I believe it was. Let go lego.
Speaker 3: What is this? Hold on? My girl?
Speaker 4: That's my lady right there. She'll tell you. They know I get started. What is this even?
Speaker 2: Hold on?
Speaker 4: You got a let's qick time. Let's do a quick time. If you're gonna start doing these you know what I wouldn't. I'm going.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing this.
Speaker 3: I was Friday. I gotta tell you. That was Friday. I was having a bad day last Friday. Today is a Friday. I was having a bad day.
Speaker 7: I was ready to quit my nigga quit what just the game?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's hard broke because it's hard leading people that don't get it. And then I gotta test some big d I had a whole trip plan this weekend, saying, Yo, knowing what you do the show, I said, Nigga, I booked my fight already, I said, I said, Nigga, I will drive there if I have to. I ain't know what opportunity brings. That's how we gotta trade it. That's what I think about this. I'm gonn see over label and I'm raised my artist. I'm like, ray, go down there and kill it. You need people to.
Speaker 7: Tell you right from wrong.
Speaker 5: We don't have that.
Speaker 2: And now the game sucks now because none of the people leave. Nick give a fuck about the game, niggive about they pop. I care about the game because I want my son. I want our kids to be able to run this ship.
Speaker 3: And when I.
Speaker 8: Started realized that, nigga, that that's integrity and Hi, you know what, let me give your flowers.
Speaker 3: Let me get your flowers. Let me give your flowers.
Speaker 4: Though, let's say, just going in, I'm being honest with you. I just need some lemonadors juice.
Speaker 6: I really watch you. I really scope man, and I know what you're saying. It's real ship, and that ship is hard to say. So that's the reason why I'm like, yo, I gotta get this flowers because holy ship. Right, A lot of the ship that you be saying, I'm sitting back and I'm saying, yes.
Speaker 5: He's right, but a lot of that ship is.
Speaker 1: Uh right, Yeah, it's real.
Speaker 5: Those people are like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't want to they don't want to hear the truth.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: We finally got someone and that I.
Speaker 7: Don't want to handle truth.
Speaker 3: They don't want to.
Speaker 4: They don't want, they don't want to expose.
Speaker 5: They don't want no one to say it.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: They don't want, they don't they know what they're doing. It's like robbing the bank. It's like, nigg you robbing the bank and at turr all your whole cup shut the fuck up, right, And I'm like, yeah, but Nigga, when we get our money, you go to that neighborhood, You go to that neighborhood, and I go back to Atlanta. Nigga, I'm like a fucking celebrity in my city. Everybody go, people look at me as an opportunity. Z on, I'm gonna feel like a sell out of I don't fucking make sure people have an opportunity. I have to make sure that I send the elevator down. That is our fucking that is our right. We have to do that for each other. Black folks and Latinos, everybody. We send the elevator fucking down. Stop making your kids walk up the stairs. I don't understand that. My kids don't have to, Nigga. I'm getting every last one of my kids one hundred thousand dollars on their birthday.
Speaker 7: On an eighteen birthday.
Speaker 2: That's now I'm getting my son, he's seventeen, eighteen, br I get one hundred thousand dollars in his pocket. Nigga E I want my kids to be better. We're supposed to make it easier. Why i'mann telling I'm gonna hold it back. I'd rather than fuck up eight one hundred thy and eighteen. So when you get to twenty five and he really focus, he know what to do now.
Speaker 3: Right, that's how look at it.
Speaker 1: That's a real ship, all right, give me a twenty and eighteen. I'm I'm fucking it up.
Speaker 4: That's good. I'm glad you get to learn.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm going to start the business.
Speaker 1: When I saw it was Sony, I was like, not too far from eighteen. I was probably twenty or whatever the fuck it was. I was a kid up seventy five thousand.
Speaker 4: Whoa gone fuk it up?
Speaker 1: And I thought, and it's funny because I didn't even ball out.
Speaker 4: I was like, but you know, we weren't.
Speaker 1: We weren't taught as minarvety is what to do with money in school. They don't teach you money. They don't teach you financis.
Speaker 5: You don't learn that.
Speaker 1: You have to learn that as a grown man on your own, at least when you're blast do experience.
Speaker 3: We learned from the laws.
Speaker 2: Listen to always say the first million and a half, we did a deal million and a half dollars. Shit was going in six months. Nobody taught us how to handle how to handle money right. One thing that we never stopped, we just never stopped working right. So what mostly is at one point five they happy. I'm thinking like, I gotta get this money back so I can get some more money from these folks. Not knowing that we were gonna be in this ship. I'm twenty one years later, I'm in this business. I can't believe I'm eating in this ship. Niggas get sent home when it get gray. When the nigga now, you don't go on building. You see a lot of gray old white men. You don't see no gray black man unless he's a lawyer. Niggas get sent home in this business. So for me, I just want to feel like we got to start changing that narrative. We got to teach our people, we got to stay there.
Speaker 3: That's why shit.
Speaker 2: Fucked up right now? And and by the way, I still want to be in this shit. I just know too much. So it's hard to be in it because.
Speaker 5: I know, you know.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like you want to be feeling you know. It's like it's like you want to respect the person you work for. Right, Like if I tell somebody my team to run through the wall, they gonna do it. Why because they seen me run through the wall for them. I just feel like these guys they ain't run through the wall. They're like, you run through the wall, you run, you run through the wall.
Speaker 4: It's like, that's why we ain't winning. I want to run through that bitch first.
Speaker 3: That's real. That's my goal.
Speaker 2: My goal is I listen, bro, I want to ship my whole life. Bro, I can't believe I'm here.
Speaker 3: That's real shit.
Speaker 2: Nobody even nobody thought I was smart. Nobody talked to me, nobody told me I could be something.
Speaker 7: Nobody. I just want day walcome. Was like, I'm a fucking loser.
Speaker 4: How the fuck did this happen?
Speaker 7: I gotta change this shit around, and I changed it.
Speaker 3: That's real.
Speaker 1: The one thing you said that I mean, you said a bunch of joes that I that I appreciated. But the one thing that really I'm like that that I took from is you like to put your people on. That's so important to me. Same thing you said about Adam Sandler. I'm so big and putting my people on. I want to make money with my people. Like nobody wants to be at the top by theyself, at least.
Speaker 5: Not a real nigga.
Speaker 1: You don't have bet the top a loan. You want to power your folks.
Speaker 4: So strong with if you fall.
Speaker 3: Off, they can put you on.
Speaker 4: Or were you at the top?
Speaker 7: We all looking good?
Speaker 4: You can't to who the superstars I want.
Speaker 5: I want you to.
Speaker 2: I want you to know what it feels like to take care of people that took care of you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Real shit.
Speaker 7: My mom may worked in thirteen years. I love that. I love saying that on record.
Speaker 5: She and Joe.
Speaker 2: My mom made two thousand of month driving school buses. That's what she made. That's where we lived off. Nigga, I'm gonna get out here and fucking get it. And then and then when you start to stop me, it's weird for me, cause nigga, I'm not doing it for hose.
Speaker 5: Like most niggas that want to be.
Speaker 2: In this is a secret. I guess most niggas want to be in the music business executive. They just want to do it for bitchess. I don't know if y'all know this or not. Like most problem that men have in the music business is women. They want women. They don't want niggas around it can get women. They don't want you around the women like you. That's the whole point. I've been getting chicks. I was seven, sixteen, seventeen. I don't need that so and mana that. I don't want to fuck nobody in the music business. I want to fuck my career fucking her head up. I'm got no problems. I'm only here to get rich. I'm not here to get pussy. I did not pray to God to give me the music basins I'll get asked. I pray to God to give me his I'll get some money.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm here for.
Speaker 4: And one thing, we don't want to confuse people because people will hear what you're saying about putting your people on and they think, oh, just because I'm around you really young. It's about creating opportunities for people when they have to meet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that opportunity.
Speaker 3: It's not just putting people on.
Speaker 2: Saying.
Speaker 4: What you're doing?
Speaker 5: I said, you know what I said I was.
Speaker 2: I was telling to Polo to don Pollo my brother and Polo I will always go see his family and Polo have family members that want to do music. And I remember one day I was just asking, I'm like, yo, why why are you put your family on? He was like, I said, why you don't help your family? He was like the real questions, why don't help me? Think about that. It was like that when he said that, that shit fucked me.
Speaker 4: I was like, you know, I said a ten years ago, I was like this nigga arrogant, or you think about it.
Speaker 2: Look at the Bezos family. There's a lot of them. The first investors in in Amazon was Jeff Bezos brothers and sisters. Like, look at how they're living. So for me, when he said that, I'm like, yeah, if you got to plan, follow the man with the plan. But I think siblings think they have to have a plan because it's like, no, bro.
Speaker 4: Just get with your brother, get with your sisters.
Speaker 2: So I always say that, like help the person, don't it's the person to help you. I need help right now, Nigga. I always need help.
Speaker 3: Right bro?
Speaker 6: He serious, Let me let me stop, let me stay.
Speaker 3: For quck Thomas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, but.
Speaker 5: I think we can do it.
Speaker 2: I tell you, I swear to God. I'm gonna tell this. I swear to God. I will watch I love QuickTime Slum. I will watch it. And I always said I'll be the one, Nigga. I promise you.
Speaker 7: I'mnna answer every motherfucking question, no matter how hard it is.
Speaker 3: All right, I shouldn't do that. So you don't need the rules.
Speaker 4: You know the rules, nigga. I am a I am a fan.
Speaker 5: Nigga.
Speaker 2: I came on to drink, would have been so who was your Uh No, he's drinking.
Speaker 3: What do you mean he's drinking. Let's go to drink. You need drink. Drink, Nah, give me the more liguas. Let's do that.
Speaker 4: Taste a little bit what I gave you. Just take just take we drink, right, just take a little bit of it.
Speaker 1: Let's go just take a little doing it out in the show.
Speaker 3: We're doing it out.
Speaker 4: Let go pull it up, motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: I ain't saying I'm going to ask everyone flat out. But my goal right now is to answer everyone flat the funk out, because when I see people.
Speaker 1: Doing did I answered all the questions flat out?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 6: Right today, we're kind of drinking.
Speaker 3: Well, it depends.
Speaker 4: I don't think I read from nothing. I like that answer. All right, ready, let's go all right, Jake Cole or Drake Drake Easy, Fat Joe or French Montane hold.
Speaker 5: On, I want to drink just because he said drink so fast.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna get you. I got this easy, got drink if you want to, that's your rule. Or Fat Joe, Joe Easy, and I love French. But let me say something. My grandmother rest in peace, my grandmother. The only rapper my grandmother knew was Fat Joe because the Bronx.
Speaker 7: We are from the Bronx. He was the only presson representative.
Speaker 2: So I loved Joe forever like my like he's like, you know, like Jesus is a fat Joe like at my house because he's from the Bronx and he don't eve Nigga made it out. It was like a big deal for.
Speaker 4: And he would come to all the reunions and ship so my grandmother would.
Speaker 2: See him and be like, put your pants up, and he put his pants slippers.
Speaker 3: Love him so fat Joe. Let's go right, my brother, fast Joe. Thank you.
Speaker 4: That was That was hard, all right, Supac at DMX rest in peace of Pac And I like X.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna say POC because when I was sixteen years old and I was lost, Park has a song called Me Against the World, and he says on that song even the Genians asked, asked questions, be grateful, blessings, and as as a man. When I became a man, that line I held on to. Even the genius asked questions. Don't be afraid to ask, because you know, most of the time we just don't get away because we keep our mouth shut.
Speaker 7: So I started asking more. So I'm gonna give it to Pac.
Speaker 3: That's real. Warner Brothers an epic. You already know where to look.
Speaker 4: You're looking.
Speaker 3: I thought the guys that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say epic. I'm gonna say epic. Uh, epic was black. Epic cared about what black folks start. I can't say completely that Warner Brothers, the Warner Records that I work full cared about that like they they they they they like black artists, but I don't think they cared about the plight of black artists. Like what we face every day is not just music. We gotta go home. So I'm gonna give it to Epic because La Reed was my greatest teacher. I'm here because of him.
Speaker 3: That's real.
Speaker 7: So I'm gonna give it to him.
Speaker 4: Lizzo or Sierra, Now that's the motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say Sierra, and I'm gonna say Sierra because I've been on Serious that she was fourteen. We've been on Lizo too, but Sierra to me, I'm gonna give it to her because honestly, because if I face time to a called her right now, she answers. So I'm always give it to Sierra. So, Lizzo, are we cool? But my relationship is usually with Tarran doing her music. But Sierra, you are answering all these motherfuckers answers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, watch your ship, man, I love this shit.
Speaker 3: This is a slam dunk answerest.
Speaker 4: Bro, you gotta make a dream one of these questions the source of double x L.
Speaker 3: I think that's easy.
Speaker 2: I want to say the source because of the ninety five Source Awards. But I'm on the cover of the Double x CL so and I got it framed in my house or double XL shout to Vanessa, let's go.
Speaker 3: That was the dream comes true.
Speaker 4: And not to be on a couple of double xls. They gotta have it.
Speaker 3: That's a good reason. That's a great reason. That's great reason.
Speaker 2: Jada kiss and Nas, Oh, that's easy kiss. I think kisses the, I think kisses the. I put him as the third best rapper lyric rapper in New York history to me, behind Big and Jay.
Speaker 3: What I will say about Nas just too because I was just gifted.
Speaker 7: But I want to listen to a now this album.
Speaker 4: But I just wanted. I wanted to say this before and I didn't when you were saying about people need to be more collaborative. Yeah, I think what he's doing with Mass Appeal and.
Speaker 3: The Legend Run is a collaborative, brilliant, amazing peers. I love by the way. I love what he's doing.
Speaker 2: But I just you know, Jada kiss when kiss is that nigga bro I just I wish I could an R album for him, broke, because he could rap better than everybody he just needs mathematics, is the man. He just needs the mathematics on point the man.
Speaker 3: E p m D. Will run DMC.
Speaker 7: I got Eric Srmon name on my phone, Eric Sermon.
Speaker 2: Eric Simmon was like you, he said he had my lawyer called me like I love you and I'm like, nigga. Sixth grade, I asked one a three Bronx. They filming juice, Remember the Blue Flame Lounge. Everywhere they was like, you're about to rob this motherfucker, nigga. That was half a block from my middle school. We heard Eric Sermon. E p m D Was at the Blue Flame Lounge. Fucking twelve hundred kids ran Pattison Projects to get to them, and Eric Simmon signed every autograph. I love Red run but Sermon in my phone, I'm always give the aeric Sermon.
Speaker 3: That's real, that's dope. I was good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll go rock him or karas one carros one from the Bronx.
Speaker 5: Nigga.
Speaker 7: I remember riding the car leaving that white Stone. What's that?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 2: What's that movie there in the Bronx Whitstone Theater. And my uncle was a big dough boy, he playing no, no, no, they.
Speaker 3: Know it down with us. I'm number one.
Speaker 2: I remember just being a kid and we just left Robo Cop and for some reason, he said, we just seen robo Cop And for some reason, Carroll riss One says, robo Cop, you know he's down, and my uncle's and them niggas was gods me. They was like my uncle Aron risporting up. So I love them niggas. They was like, he said, Robo Cop niggas. So I gotta give a carross One he from the Bronx shout out to RoboCop Future, young thug Future. I worked with Future. I did h I turned. I did Future second album honest, so move that dope, and I just wanted to take you out and show you I was those regular futures.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna give the future with.
Speaker 4: The your TV raps or video music box.
Speaker 5: You have TV raps.
Speaker 2: I don't I like young tv raps because I liked that they was outside the scene with my man five Freddy was on the back of the truck just like that scene, like these iconic moments that just make you want to be in this ship, like I do want.
Speaker 4: To be in this hip hop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like I got like it's like I.
Speaker 2: Think most black men at my age, it was either you're gonna be in hip hop or you're gonna go.
Speaker 4: To the regular world.
Speaker 7: And I don't want to be in this ship.
Speaker 4: So yeah, m n L.
Speaker 3: Chopper or NBA young boy.
Speaker 2: I signed an elite chopper, so I'm gonna give it to him. I'm gonna give it to I signed him and is a good kid man, Uh chot n Bro like like, I love that kid. I wish I could have still worded him because I feel like I was still with him things to be a little different. I just felt like he needed to write people in the room to talk to him and he when I see Nly to this day, it's I see him. He always compliment me on how fresh I am, and he always caught me on like the ship. I'm saying, like, Yo, Bro, you fred Brock with you. But and Chopper, man, I hope you.
Speaker 4: Get it together. But Chopper, that's my nigga. I love.
Speaker 3: Biggie or Big L, piece of both.
Speaker 2: This might be embarrassing to say. I don't even know want more than one Big L songs. I think Biggie is the most gifted rapper in the history of rap music. I don't think there's nobody that has ever rapped that is better gifted, like like the Tangibles are rap than big. So he's over everybody. To me, he can make words round like nobody could. He could do a girl record, a street record of storytelling and it was just it was just gifted. And he did all this shit in three years.
Speaker 7: Peoplen't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a fact.
Speaker 4: So that a tribe called quest or day I saw.
Speaker 7: Try, but I will say this, what's that?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 5: Day?
Speaker 4: I saw?
Speaker 2: The States is high but they got Kenny Anderson in the video and he played against it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Stakes is how I love Dayla I sould. But I just think trib we need a new tribe. We need a tribe right now, like just somebody making like dope beats and rapping about dope shit.
Speaker 7: So I'll give it a tribe Usher Chris Brown.
Speaker 5: This is kind of easy for me.
Speaker 2: It's weird because me and my partner Lection were talking about this. I've known Chris Brown. See he was sixteen, so I've known since he was a kid. I was always a fan of Usher. I know Usher, but like we're cool, But like when I was in high school, you know you. I was playing can You Get with It? To the chicks, trying to get some ass, right. So I'm gonna give it to Usher because and the this' another thing. I'm gonnaive it to Usher overse b. It's because Usher has one classic, and I feel like the one thing Chris needs, the one thing Chris is missing, is one classic now that everybody says, like Michael Jackson Thriller Usher Confessions. I think people might say the first time the third album Indigo, but I think Christmas need one good, twelve to fifteen song album produced by one person to have that classic.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give it the Usher, h Rihanna or Beyonce ship.
Speaker 5: Rihanna.
Speaker 2: Rihanna has hold on what we got, man down, poured up, what else we did with Rihanna, Rain and Men.
Speaker 7: I could play the demo.
Speaker 2: I can play the demo of them ships right now, like so, I'm always going Rihanna.
Speaker 4: And by the way we did we are.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it to Rihanna because we got three Rihanna hits and we got one would be So I'm gonna give it to re for that reason.
Speaker 7: He did Beyonce All night, tell.
Speaker 6: Met flex he's flexing.
Speaker 3: Time to do it? Yeah, yeah you continue.
Speaker 4: Walker or Fetti walk a flock or Fetti.
Speaker 7: Wap, that's easy. Walk us from Atlanta and he did my show.
Speaker 2: And I don't think Fetti Wap got no line better than I fucked my money up.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: Now I can't re up run into its spot us.
Speaker 3: To get my stacks. Now I'm back on deck.
Speaker 4: Shawny, what the nigga, nigga? Hurt you talking ship nigga? When when that ship dropped in Atlanta, Nigga, that ship was like I remember the DJ.
Speaker 3: I can just take that part back seven times just because of.
Speaker 4: What he says. So I gotta give it to Walker.
Speaker 5: Saved woman time.
Speaker 4: I fuck my money Damn Now I can't read up ran into his spot just to pick my stacks up. Now I'm back on deck. So Shanty, what.
Speaker 2: The fuck you want? Hurdy talking ship? But this say, what the fuck you want nigga?
Speaker 4: Walk out of that, nigga. Let's go Walker, that's my nigga. Shout out to Walker walking by the way, we can.
Speaker 3: Hold queens.
Speaker 4: I love it like queens real quick.
Speaker 1: I did someone's going on take I said was make a queens. He should on the Sauls. The niggas knows.
Speaker 4: I got to Walker.
Speaker 3: I can have no It's.
Speaker 4: Cool who share Joe Bundener a million dollars worth of game.
Speaker 2: Button And I'm gonna sayudd and shout out to Gilly my nigga. We talked Wallow, my nigga, but butder have me on the show three motherfucking times. And listen, y'all. If I hit Joe Budden right now I'm in New York, he like, what time you're pulling up to the show. Like that's what peop don't understand. Like Joe Budden is the first podcast to co sign me in the biggest way in ways when I when I'm doing this shit and I'm lost and I'm trying to figure this shit out, and somebody sent me Joe Budden talking about something I said, So I got to get the Joe. But shout out to Gillian Wallow because Wallow is Wallow of the reason why I make money.
Speaker 7: Because Wallow came to my show. Was like, nigga, you know you are.
Speaker 4: He was like, nigga was in jail since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: I was in jail. You was making hits hop a my ahead of you and this shit. I'm like, damn, nigga, let me get my motherfucking shit together.
Speaker 7: So but I said, I give it to joke.
Speaker 4: Seriously, got wallow for motivating the nigga eighties or nine indies rap Nineties.
Speaker 2: I think nineties is the peek of music. I just think I like eighties, but like, I don't think the nigga's in it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 7: So my favorite rapper from the eighties is not.
Speaker 2: Charas One is rock Kim. I remember being in Patterson Projects. Rock Kim is the first artist that I ever heard Passion Projects. I remember the first nigga that when we was in the park. When I heard I came in the door. I said it before I knew that wasn't for my mother. I knew that wasn't for my mother. As eight year old kid, I was like, this for me, that ain't for my mother. My mother listen to Luther Vandross. My mother listened to Freddy Jackson. This is your generations music. Like that shit fucked my head up. So yeah, but I'm gonna still give it to nineties because the nineties is when niggas got rich. The eighties laid the platform, but the nineties is when niggas got hundreds of millions of dollars.
Speaker 7: So I'd rather go there.
Speaker 3: That's true, all right.
Speaker 5: Last one to go for it loyalty or respect.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just say this. I've been wanting you to ask me that, to ask this this. I feel like I'm about give the best answer ever, respect because respect don't cost me. Loyalty does. Nigga's loyal to me, he expect me to do ship for him, thinking I'm loyal to you, give me, give me nigga, donna ask you for that loyalty. Respect don't cost me lord he does. I'm gonna always take respect because it's a mutual thing. Lord, you gotta earn that ship around here. And niggas think, because they loyal to you supposed to give him half your check. Nigga, That's not how it goes. You gotta be working and loyal. So I'm gonna give it to respect.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: That was the jewel working too, right, kicking ass.
Speaker 7: Mumba.
Speaker 2: Kanye won the award and he was like, they said, well what happened and you'll never know. This is my mama for that because I don't drink Champs Nigga and I'm drinking. Let's go drink drink, y'all can't tell this ship.
Speaker 4: The flowers are going home with me the first person that did quick time and slim all the way through without Let's go and drink something to that.
Speaker 3: Let's go, let's.
Speaker 6: Thank you just you know what we want to say, something whatever kind of.
Speaker 4: Brown like, yeah, I got you know this man Joyce, the Dominican labor man.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. There you go. You don't have to put that much. Man relaxed.
Speaker 4: I think the real ship though, but we don't see what that drink.
Speaker 2: Champs to Get always homemade.
Speaker 3: The reaships made homemade.
Speaker 4: Alright, it counts, by the way, this it's kitchen full time. Let's go, let's kick.
Speaker 6: The but all right, so let me, uh, do you think rock Nation runs the podcast area?
Speaker 3: Why would Why would you think that? No?
Speaker 7: No, I think I think rock Nation is.
Speaker 2: I think jay Z is the smartest man in I think you want the smartest man in the world. I think he understands emotional discipline. Yeah, I think he understands. But his biggest thing, he understands the emotional discipline, how not to react, how not to do this. I think jay Z understands the quiet. The more quiet I am, the more loud it's gonna get, and we get more. The less I talk, the more power I am. So I don't think they run the podcast business at all. I think that they understand that when they show up, though, because who they with, Everybody stops and says, what do you guys want?
Speaker 7: And they get what they want?
Speaker 2: And by the way, that's my motherfucking goal for myself, So it ain't no hate for me.
Speaker 4: I love that hole.
Speaker 7: We could do that. Shout out the whole and by the way, shout the rock Nation. I'm gonna say this.
Speaker 2: When I left my last job, y'all, and I needed a check because I ain't know how I was gonna pay my all my shit. Oh maar, Sharry from Rock Nation gave me a check. They pay me a check, and they looked out for me for three fucking years.
Speaker 3: Three years.
Speaker 2: So I'm a shout out rock Nation for that, because I think people get controlled with what I'll be saying. But shot the Rock Nations for paying a nigga.
Speaker 4: For three years.
Speaker 7: Shout I wouldn't survived them.
Speaker 5: Days.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You know, I got a question for you too, Like, coming off the super Bowl, watch what you said about the bad Bunny Uh yeah, I saw some of the comments, so.
Speaker 7: He was mad at me. I know where you were going point wise.
Speaker 1: But we probably elaborate on the show what you feel about the bad Bunny things.
Speaker 2: I think this is that number one. I care about my culture more than I care about anything. The way I was raised was that if my son is fighting a kid in the streets, I'm checking my son first. We're gonna go deal with the streets shit. But hey, what did you do? So let's get that out of the way. So the bad Bunny thing is I was just being accountable to my like to my friends.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I remember he was doing.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's dope. Do half and half though, Like it's like Maro five came to Atlanta. It was a big hoopo out they need black people, just a black city. Maroe five. They caught that shit and brought our outcasts. So I was just hoping that in the midst of all of this that he would have went with the like, I'm gonna be inclusive rather than just celebrating only my culture, and that was my only thing.
Speaker 7: By the way, I.
Speaker 4: Said that before he did it, I'm like, I hope he.
Speaker 7: Does that, and he didn't.
Speaker 2: So I was like, man, I just don't know what's gonna happen long term. I don't know if this is jay Z's last year producing the super Bowl, because you gotta remember, I pay attention to ship.
Speaker 7: Nothing is leaked in the press unless they wanted there.
Speaker 4: The press.
Speaker 7: People be thinking the press or something.
Speaker 2: The press is really the spirit, like the like plant stories dispredious. So when I saw that this was Rock Nation's fifth year contract, I'm like, he went out with a bang. I don't know if we get that another time. It's like when it's like when we were swagsurfing in the White House, Nigga, that was I was mad as fuck. I wasn't there that day, right because I know niggas ain't gonna never be a swag surf in the White House again.
Speaker 4: That I'm trying to say.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, we.
Speaker 4: Cele think a white felt look at bad like.
Speaker 2: A swag surfing in a white house. And by the way, white people are very passive aggressive.
Speaker 7: I know that. Look how they handle me.
Speaker 2: They tay they love you until the last day, then they cut your fucking throat.
Speaker 7: So I'm just saying that I know how they do.
Speaker 2: And by the way, and I was just I was just hoping that he had an inclusive thing because what they he didn't and what they said was what they're saying.
Speaker 3: He didn't have nobody.
Speaker 4: It was in English, so you're saying the inclusive. The exclusivity was the language part, the language part, because my thing is if I know, but I wouldn't about.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. I wasn't thinking about. And I think people made it up, like let me tell you something I love, you know, women listen to tell you someone n't in mind me for a reason and might fuck my life up. I left the Bronx Nigga. It was nothing but Dominican women. That was the only woman I liked. But I want to protect my people, so I'm like, let me tell you what they gonna say about you if you don't do this. So that's what I was really saying. And he didn't, and it's cool, but I don't know if they let us. I don't know if they're gonna let control that, because remember, the NFL is not like the NBA.
Speaker 7: The NBA is controlled by niggas, so you're probably talking.
Speaker 1: On the buses side of things.
Speaker 2: Just the business side. Like the only important thing to me is us eating and surviving. People always worry about winning. That's the problem what I called to everybody want to win. It's not about winning, It's about surviving. Because let's be clear, when Dame cursed out Kevin loves he was winning, but Kevin Loughs survived, and that's why Kevin Loves worth three hundred million. I give what I'm trying to say, and sometimes we be so busy trying to win that we fucking fuck our shit up because trying to get it's my moment. I'm gonna take it. Yeah, but what if you shared it? What if you didn't take the moment and you shared it next time they have a moment, you could say, look what I did with mine. I know you're saying, long jelly fish, I can see it.
Speaker 1: But I'll say this though, because this is a double ed so because but you do have a good point, so I can't even disagree with none of that. But I did appreciate the fact that the bad Bunny moment was truly authentic to his culture and what he presented. Because when they gave Kendrick to stage, it was truly authentic.
Speaker 2: I said him, by the way, as well, I feel like, yeah, yes, I feel like I feel.
Speaker 3: Like it was from Kendrick.
Speaker 1: I feel That's what I said, Like it was dope, that it was purely authentically him.
Speaker 2: So Kenvill did his show, I said the same thing. I said, you think you should have split it too, but I think no, I think he should have performed the hits.
Speaker 1: I said that all day.
Speaker 2: I think I think he remember what I do for a living, my nigga, I don't think people understand what I do. Me and this nigga right here got it going around with someone who we don't know. Figure out how to write a speech that's going to change your life in the song form, right. You know how hard it is When Teharan was Juice, when Taran was like with Lizzo with juice, shit, big girl, how the fuck can we make this cool? Blame it on my juice. I can't help it that I'm losing and nigga. One my favorite line torontover Road was when he wrote for Lizzo, I'm a thick bitch, I need tempo. Fuck it up for the tempo. Fuck it up, put MISSI on it. Like nigga, I write speeches for a fucking living bro. So when you take what I say person, it was weird to me, cause, like, Nigga, I love everybody.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see nobody hurt.
Speaker 2: He sounded like them people because my manager's Puerto Rican.
Speaker 3: That's my nigga, Like, I love like.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, hey, Nigga, I will still tell you. It's like if I brought my Puerto Rican friend into.
Speaker 4: A racist room. Hey, don't put that shirt on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck that y I want them to know, Nigga, we trying to survive.
Speaker 3: I don't want to die today, Nigga.
Speaker 2: Let's survive. Let's get in the room, learn the game, and take that shit from them, rather than go in the room to make a statement. I don't believe in making statements. I may want to look what it did to my career. So I always like, nigga, political statements might feel good in the moment, it's an emotional win. It felt good in the moment, but what happens eight months from now or nine months in September when they announced Shanaia Twains performing right, well, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Say, then what happened, nigga?
Speaker 4: You know what happened?
Speaker 2: We went too far the same way they going too far right now, and Trump's gonna.
Speaker 3: Suck it up.
Speaker 4: Forts That's my point.
Speaker 2: We're going so far. I'm in the middle. I love everybody. If you love love, come to the middle. That's how I feel, and that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying Bron can't argue with that.
Speaker 4: But if we're thinking about the NFL's business mind, I mean, I'm assuming because I don't know they're thinking internationally. They're trying to become FIFA or whatever the fucking soccer ship. So they that's why I feel that they I agree. I don't think they give a fuck about bad bunny they was.
Speaker 2: But I'm trying to sell you the NFL is and ain't like the NBA. The NBA is controlled by us, Lebron said, I ain't doing it. The reason that that's that twenty twenty ship and they were trying to figure.
Speaker 7: Out they was gonna keep the league going. Lebron said, I want.
Speaker 3: To play leaves going.
Speaker 2: Lebron said that you understand who those powerful people out in the room that control this ship. So when he said we're doing it right, I get you. So only thing is like money, thing is like when you're a leader. Like I feel like I say this, I'm gonna tell you another thing. I don't think that Donald Trump is no different than any of our favorite rappers. He's the same as our favorite rapper. You want to break it down for y'all niggas, I can break it down. Okay, cool, Okay, cool. This is a problem that we don't understand. This is why I speak the way I do because I knew Trump was gonna win.
Speaker 7: I knew he's gonna be powerful.
Speaker 2: Because that's the first time that's side I had a nigga talking like hole talks for us for them.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm trying to say, let's talk, let's talk about it.
Speaker 2: Tw fifth, twenty twelve thirteen, they put out a statement. They put out like that, Like I said, the press leaves us, y'all by two thousand and forty, America is gonna be a majority Latino niggas.
Speaker 5: Was happiest.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I love Latino women. Bring it off, let's go, and then here come Trump. He's the fucking great white hope to stop that shit. What was the first bold thing he said? I'm gonna build a wall. That's what the motherfucking people that was afraid of being a minority wanted.
Speaker 7: He was speaking their language.
Speaker 2: The same way when if Hove is on stage and he says some shit like hold so cracked, and niggas a like, he's a crack dealer for us.
Speaker 5: We like nigga.
Speaker 4: He doing what we gotta do, niggas, I'm hating on our nigga. Trump is the same thing.
Speaker 7: He going what you got to do to get his walk in front of his people.
Speaker 2: My only thing is that sometimes when you go against him, you like Jean. That was a nigga named Jene Simmons that just went against hip hop.
Speaker 3: You're stupid, bro.
Speaker 4: You could have kept that shit to yourself.
Speaker 3: Yet right right, that's a fact.
Speaker 7: By the way, By the.
Speaker 2: Way, you know what I tell people kiss? You know, anybody know what kiss stands for? Okay, I'm gonna tell you know. They have a famous thing in that that when you're when you're up, that's when the.
Speaker 7: Devil shows up.
Speaker 2: Right, kiss stands for kings and Satan service.
Speaker 3: What the fuck do we care?
Speaker 4: What he's saying, I ain't know that the Kings of saintan service.
Speaker 1: That's crazy that they give a fuck what you say.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be know where you at, it where you're going to. Hell On, nigga, I'm still trying to figure out to get the heaven. Every rat niggas trying to get to head right now, you know, only Nigga to my I'm with Satan.
Speaker 7: Stay right there, nigga. We don't want to be where you at.
Speaker 3: Nigga.
Speaker 2: The only thing is when I don't, people misconstrue what I'm saying. I'm a dad. I talk like a dad. I act like a father, like when your father is different. Like in the house, Mama makes you feel comfortable. Dad needs to get you ready. Mom loves you, Dad prepares you. I didn't have that in the house. I was just but I'm not gonna tryuma bump my head. So I bumt my hair so many times in one and I'm like, what they said, I ain't really true, y'all. Right, but they said I ain't really true, y'all. This is another way to win, nigga. When me and Toron came into business, Bro, when you hit thirty you was done. If you were black, tront Is forty fucking three, I could say that proud and the ain't no black writer hotter than that nigga right now.
Speaker 7: You know why, nigga, because while.
Speaker 2: Everybody was working on winning Norrie, you know what me and Toront was doing planning out survival. You know, Toron, you go work with doctor Luke. Every other nigga getting role with Luke. They trying to figure out to get.
Speaker 4: A big hit.
Speaker 2: Toront didn't want to hit. Toront want to learn what Luke knew. Me and Toronto twenty twelve, we sat down with each other. I said, Yo, bro, here's a plan. I'm gonna go work for La for three years. I'm gonna treat that like college. And you go work for Luke for three years. You treat that like college. We're gonna come back up. We're gonna build our shit. That's why he's hot in his grades, got great hair on his face, and he still he wrote the biggest song of the year last year. Guys.
Speaker 3: That's all I want to say. What great hair in his face. The only thing I tell niggas.
Speaker 2: Is while we worried about winning, so I worried about winning, survived the game, Survive the game, Learn the game.
Speaker 4: Everybody be so busy trying to come in to win. I'm trying to take over. Don't take over yet. I'm a very goo.
Speaker 2: I want to do it right Before I do it, I don't want to do it a nigga. I could be making money for my podcast Niggas on my face, but my name would be bad right now because I took money not knowing what I was doing. Let me learn this shit. Plus, I make a million dollars a year of music if I get out the better or not because I'm man.
Speaker 7: It's the greatest nigga alive and it's.
Speaker 3: A marketing let's talk for the greatest nigga life. Took the wrong that's a nigga I make my money with. Yeah, it's real shit though, you dropping jewels, nigga, Bro.
Speaker 5: I just want to I want to help my people, Bro.
Speaker 2: I just want to see niggas eat, Bro, and I'm and niggas that are eating don't want to see niggas eating. And that's what the truth. That's why they don't say. That's why we play each other. That's why we don't want each other in the room. Barry Gordy had a statement where he said, when he was a kid, he used to be a door to door salesman. He made so much money his first day he brought his little brother. The second day he ain't make no money. The lesson you learned was two niggas as bad for the room. I disagree. You should teach the nigga how to act like you. He just didn't know how to act in the room. That's a fact, that's all it is. So you should have talked to nigga how to react. So now they got two smiling niggas. Rather than one smiling nigga, another nigga ain't smile. He smile for your whit folks, nigga, because I'm trying to get paid nigga, you sometimes need that nigga in the room. Right, So said, we just got to get back to you like helping each other. And I don't think Black folks trust each other, trust each other. Unfortunately, it's the truth.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 7: It's whack, bro. I'm trying to build. I'm trying to we.
Speaker 1: See us as our own enemy. It happens every day.
Speaker 4: Think about it.
Speaker 1: When you're walking down the street, you see a black man, you act defensive. You see what you're going to go to the sidehere the white guys at.
Speaker 7: Change my whole life. No, somebody told me.
Speaker 2: They said, every time a black man gets successful, when he gets to the table, the people at the table make him feel like you're different from the others.
Speaker 4: That's why you're here. It's a mental thing. It's like super mental. It's the fact you're here because you're.
Speaker 5: Not like them.
Speaker 2: If I'm here because I'm not like them, the one thing I want to be more than anything is not like them.
Speaker 4: So that's how we That's why we let them manage us, their lawyers, their thing.
Speaker 1: That's that's how that's how we gotta throw. They brainwashed us to feel like everything black is discounted the cheap. You don't go for the black lawyer, you don't go for the black executive. No, you take the deal from the white man and think it's right because it's coming from that side washing telling you we've been fucked up a long time. I learned to learn that, but I learned that as an adult. We was not that as no kid. Yo, man, thank you brother.
Speaker 3: Something. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 6: You need to be celebrated.
Speaker 5: Bro, thank you.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 6: Why it's because of everything you just said. Everything you just said, it's like kind of crazy. Is because.
Speaker 2: We need to understand what you just said. Bro, Bro my nigga, I want to tell you something. If I want you to hear this story, this is this is one of the moments that fucked my life up in music. I'm in the middle of a deal. Never told the story publicly. I'm in the middle of a deal, big deal, their deal, fuck it, their deal with They want to leave Universal to go to another company. I'm already at Universal because I got a deal.
Speaker 3: This is your writer.
Speaker 7: This is Tehran missing my writers. They want to sign.
Speaker 2: They'll give the manager deal as long as the writers are there. So they gave me my deal. My deal ended in April. His shit came up in September, so I'll read upped, Like all right, his shit's trying to reup. He like, I don't know if I want to stay. So we're in the middle of the deal and we lose it, right, So we're about to go to another company.
Speaker 4: But who cares if you lose a deal.
Speaker 2: The CEO of Universal calls me and tells me you're done, You're black balled. You never could come to my building again. Why cause your guys don't want to be here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: I looked out for your motherfucking son.
Speaker 7: Your son was hanging.
Speaker 4: My nigga wrote for your son when he was trying to come up now with a sudden because he don't want to.
Speaker 5: Be with you.
Speaker 7: That's how they see us, bro. So they tell us this.
Speaker 2: So now I get on the phone his lawyer, his lawyer. I'm like, yo, bro yo, I just got cursed out by her. She told me I'm banned from the building, and I know it's not my fault. So he's like so he was like, it's crazy. She said that it's really her lawyer fault because he didn't send the deal over in time. So they felt like, these niggas if they want us, why I didn't get the deal. So I tell the lawyer, Yo, bro, we should tell her then because I just got banned. My nigga, this is my life. He literally goes, if I tell her that that lawyer gonna get fired. Okay, his exact words, a jew getting another jew fired. No, my brother, I gotta talk to my rabbi first. Change the way I saw the world. Why don't niggas do that for each other. Why don't you want me to get a nigga now you want a nigga. I'm not doing that to him, And we did thatigga, think about like nigga that by the way, that dude I got fired and he didn't want to make that happen. I gotta talk to my rabbi first. We got to be like that as black folks. We got to be able to say, we need I gotta go talk my mentor my pastor my somebody. Just get there, because I'm not gonna throw another black person under the bus for myself to survive.
Speaker 7: And we do that to each other.
Speaker 2: So when I saw that, I was like, man, I didn't never think that was possible.
Speaker 3: So I like that, Now you want what the black person.
Speaker 7: I ain't doing that shit.
Speaker 4: I ain't doing that.
Speaker 2: I ain't lying in no nigga for you. I ain't stealing from no niggas. I If you do something to him, I'm telling them, because why the fuck would you put me in the middle of that, Because there's a rule in this business we never talk about, you know, the rule they don't touch the gangsters don't touch white men.
Speaker 5: They only touched black men.
Speaker 3: That's the truth.
Speaker 2: We know that's the rule. That's not the rule, but it's the truth. No nigga, that's a street rule. You don't touch us. They tell you that you touch us might not ever get a check again. You touch each other. We cool with that.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: It's just the game.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 5: Just had to learn this shit.
Speaker 2: Once I learned it was set for us to lose, I start teaching my niggas how to win. If you listen to me, I will say this on record, Toronto, my witness. Ain't no nigga on God that ever listened to me that didn't get rich with me. That's real shit because I only got one go as to get rich and with my me and my people.
Speaker 4: So I talked like and that's another thing. I was nor you know what I mean, niggas.
Speaker 2: I gave game two that will call me for gaming, I'll tell him what to do, and they shit took.
Speaker 4: Off and they didn't call me.
Speaker 2: God damn nigga. But I know why you ain't called me because you no, I ain't call me. Care you afraid I'm gonna take your bitches. I think I'm playing my nigga. This is about bitches because he's the man in the room.
Speaker 4: He's the man.
Speaker 3: Now I did this.
Speaker 4: I'm the king and I'm walking in the room and I ain't gonna treat them like the king.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna treatim like eat my nigga, and the business is gonna like me, and he ain't gonna want me around.
Speaker 3: So you stay your ass at home, nigga. I'll be a bigger praser.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, nigga, you wouldn't believe how many niggas don't eat because of women in this game.
Speaker 3: What that's real?
Speaker 7: Ship, It's a it's a serious thing.
Speaker 1: But I want to give your props for dropping jewels because you definitely gave me some jewels that I took with me.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to give you say thank you to you. Give me the opportunity, both of y'all. Can we talk about show?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 4: I want to know what about They gave me a show? Can we can we talk about give me opportunity?
Speaker 5: Tell me about it.
Speaker 1: I can't want to drink champs. He said, Hey, we fun with you. You want your own show. I was nervous at first, but I said yeah, niggah, and I don't know what to do. I was mad, nervous. I didn't know what to do it. He gave me the best Joe up. He said, don't overthink it, just shoot what you want to see. I was like, oh shit, say let's man, so tell me about it. So I'm doing my own version of rap city. I feel like it doesn't exist. So it's not a podcast of a TV show. I'm doing rap City. Shout out the big pick a pig tick of for Lane, the Foundations. It's my version of rap city. So I sit down with the artist, we talk kicking kicky kick. But instead of the rapping in a booth, they're gonna rap with my live band, Nigga. I gotta I don't ask live band, so they spit. You can do whatever soon you.
Speaker 4: Want to do.
Speaker 1: But really I just want you to dumb out and go crazy. Whatever you want to spit, it's got to be classic. My show ain't to show for I got a promal room. Let me go promote the single. I'm gonna talk about that. I want to make classic moments in time. That's it. I don't care about content or that. I don't go fuck about that I want whatever we create the last ever, pitch your best verse that.
Speaker 4: You never spied now where or spit your favorite verse.
Speaker 3: Spit it.
Speaker 4: Whatever the fuck.
Speaker 1: Laura can come on the show.
Speaker 4: Do what what go crazy?
Speaker 1: Do some CNN ship, whatever the fuck?
Speaker 4: Just classic ship.
Speaker 1: That niggas want to head with the live band and if we talk about some real ship so it's not version of rap.
Speaker 3: And it's coming. They know what they're doing.
Speaker 5: Man, I've seen.
Speaker 2: I'm a student. I watch y'all.
Speaker 6: I was like no, but we want to we want to end this with you because because I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're one of the like you know, uh, thank you still some in the ice.
Speaker 13: The legendary industry people done it, man, you've done it.
Speaker 3: We want to respect you. Whatever it is working and.
Speaker 6: That ship is dope, bro, Thank you, like really what you did and really what you're doing.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 7: And I'm still doing it and still.
Speaker 5: Doing it and I just I just want to give your flowers.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bro. Indeed, so hold on, where's where's all right?
Speaker 4: Let's go my dog? Yeah, I got I got to with you, my brother.
Speaker 1: Serious indeed, real real quick though, before we end anything, I do have a serious industry question.
Speaker 5: It's not serious, that's anything.
Speaker 3: It's pretty vague from the sound of it.
Speaker 4: You feel that writing today is more important than the recording artist.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no no, I think I think the I'm sorry before because.
Speaker 4: We're going we've all know that the days of physicals that made a ton of money for everybody changed with streaming, and we're all complaining. Everybody's complaining about streaming and not making money from it. So it feels like the the economics of being the writer is more valuable in streaming.
Speaker 3: No, hell no, what So that's.
Speaker 7: Reason why were making money because we got radio records.
Speaker 5: Streaming don't pay right as shit.
Speaker 2: That's the fact, right, I mean you can have If you could be a platinum songwriter of a song and you made twenty four thousand dollars of a song that went platinum one hundred and fifty million streams, you made what a twenty four thousand songwriter they get treated with.
Speaker 4: And when you say radio, you mean terrestrial. Shout out to is also talking about this all the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have to have radio to win, and you have to like that's how we eat. We like we make radio records. We make like I don't let me say something. I don't even go in the room with people.
Speaker 5: You gots throng.
Speaker 7: That's how rule were all out in the project.
Speaker 5: Right now we're out at the project.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: So like what y'all doing with the project? Y'all going out? You're like going to radio? Like no, no, we just working the streets, all right, Cool, all right, cool? I mean to see what I got for you. I'm not saying I won't give you something that I got, but I'm not stopping my day for you. You ain't even trying to go to radio, nigga, Like what are you talking about? So we eat because of radio. My thoughts on the music business is music sucks because some people from the tech world came in and zoomed on artists, on artists alone. It was like they focused on the artists, like artists, why are you giving up so much? Because they didn't value people like us. Now people like us are gone and music sucks. So my only thing is to say is that the artist is the meal, but we are the chefs are the and R is a chef, the producer of the chef. The songwriters and chef is some artists don't know how to cook.
Speaker 7: Whitney Houston never wrote a lyric in her life.
Speaker 4: She was still the biggest artists on earth right.
Speaker 2: Like it's like sometimes think artists in his time is so business is so zoomed in on us right now, own your masters, own your this, own your that. My thing is make a fucking hit first, learn how to make a hit. That's like like walking in the room you worried about like you worried about the business. It's like, I want to come here and do some business with y'all. I got to learn the room first. I ki'd just say, no, get your contracts out. Let's talk about the business.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 4: We don't know you. We might not even like you. Nigga. Can you sit down and let us get to know you for me get to know you.
Speaker 2: We don't have that no more, we don't have the turant is successful and nobody does this.
Speaker 7: I do this.
Speaker 2: Somebody want to meet with Taran, want work with my artists. They got to meet me first.
Speaker 1: So you you was managing you man. You know it's dope. Shout out to toront too. What was dope is that you're a person that shares jewels, protect the artists and integrity of things, and help God because as a writer, I wrote a bunch of shit too, But I never had the guidance. I got jerk a million out of a million situations. You know I didn't because I didn't know the business early. I don't know so many records that I got bad deal because I didn't know no better.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So he got the guidance partnership from you rather, and that shit is important.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like I'm the nigga. I don't feel like I'm a nigga for a lot of reason. I feel like I'm the nigga. Find my family love me. But you know, I really feel like I'm the nigga because I'm here. Every nigga that's here that do what I do. They manage your mother. They managed Tom Brady. I managed the nigga that block for him. I managed the offensive line. I managed the center that gives him the ball and make sure nobody hears.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 4: Let me take let me let me tell you what I'm supportant.
Speaker 2: Because now, if you're in the NFL, you know, if the offensive line man, but if you were just a fan, of football, you know, Tom Brady. I come in and room with a nigga that don't even want to be known by y'all niggas, and I come in here and I make a name for myself because I served everybody. I'm me and Toronto Master P. We served the whole business, my nigga. Now we're here to get our own ship, and my ship is media. He got, we got the label, We got the artist. We got three or four artists signed out out of our label to majors, not like sitting at home waiting like everybody signed. Because we do this ship and we really coaching. So for me, I just I hate to not see niggas eat.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: That's I swear to God, y'all.
Speaker 2: If anybody watching ship, the one thing I care about more than anything is niggas eating because of a nigga eat when you eat, and noy You notice when a nigga started eating, he come up, He become.
Speaker 4: A better person. That's the fact he starts spending out better messages.
Speaker 2: Look at you, nigga, nigga, I would have been scared of seeing that noise.
Speaker 4: Watch your.
Speaker 2: Na is nord. Can you understand now learn about the nigga, and I tell you this. I said, the last thing is important. Here's why we're gonna win. And this is what i'mnna tell y'allnigga. This is my advice to y'all on real ship, because what y'all doing is fire, because that's kind of what leans in it.
Speaker 3: Hip hop.
Speaker 2: For the first time when I was a kid, when my mom was my mom was listening to and I'm pretty sure all y'all can relate our parents was listening.
Speaker 4: To their music. Hip Hop was our music for the.
Speaker 2: First time in history. Hip Hop is our music and our his music. So that means there's a huge opportunity to bring the dinner table together.
Speaker 3: Other than that's like fake. Nicki Minaj like hey, rapping like NIGGI is hip hop and Jason people then hip hop writing those records.
Speaker 2: My sister, my my daughter, wrapped.
Speaker 4: That ship like not Dotty and she be doing to dance and ship and I'm like that, So I got every morning I was, I was done, done, done.
Speaker 3: This is like records.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yo, you did this.
Speaker 3: That's my point.
Speaker 2: But my thing I'm trying to tell us in the hip hop community is our problem. Are we not rich is because we're running from everything hip hop. Hip hop has matured. Fifty years is fifty years story. You don't think there should be a TV show on CNN, not the fucking TV SChannel. Nigga called Poona nore Yega Nigga a TV show because now you're here, think about it was a TV show on wol Tang. We got so many stories to tell. You got meach Me, which is one of the biggest dope boys. His son is playing him. That's what we are and why is the son playing him? Because the show is ran by nigga and hip hop. I feel like the reason why we so fucked up out here is because we don't want to be We want to be everything but hip hop.
Speaker 7: Nigga. We got fifty years, fifty stories, Nigga.
Speaker 5: We need it.
Speaker 7: We got so many opportunities to bring the family together.
Speaker 4: And I want to say something that's important I think might fly with a lot of people's heads.
Speaker 3: Bad Bunny at the super Bowl. That's a hip hop story, Bad Bunny.
Speaker 4: That doesn't happen if hip hop doesn't happen, and it's hip hop and it is a part of hip hop, And I think bad.
Speaker 3: Bunny he won.
Speaker 4: They're all originally MC that couldn't make it as MC's in Puerto Rico that started to do you know.
Speaker 2: And tell people every artist is a bottle of water. You're a water in a cup. You gotta package yourself up. If I put if I took a fucking a centire bottle of water and a cheap bottle of water, and I poured him in a fucking bowl, you don't know which one is. Whish my, nigga, they look the same. Why do you know to pay three dollars for that one and fifty cent for that one? Because the fucking packaging, that's it, nigga. It could be the same water for all we know. It's the packaging. So artists don't package themselves. They so busy showed up saying look at my water. We don't care, nigga, Get with a producer, get with a manager, get with a songwriter, give with a whole bunch of motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Let them put that package together and get money.
Speaker 4: Nigga, Sorry, I'm tired, right right, you're right, fuck right, We don't care. Nigga and Bad Bundy miss two nods in his performance, or Amy Conto should have had a nod mm hm and.
Speaker 3: They hit it out. Should have had to mention at the very least. I'm gonna be honest because he paid homage. He paid homage.
Speaker 1: If anybody that was paying attention like the bad Bunny shit, it was dope. And for Latino, I'm super chronicle Spanish and the American.
Speaker 2: Remember the vantage of Mike had a whole it was about five hundred people watching. They didn't give a fuck about the game. They was like it was that was the super Bowl was amazing beneath everybody was picking in the part and that's what That's what because it was so cultural.
Speaker 4: That's what I personally.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it because of that reason, the same reason why I appreciate the candring ship, you know, because it was so even though whether it was the best performance or not, in fact, the fact that it was you just get me.
Speaker 2: So we have to say what I'm gonna say this NFL because I ain't never looked at the camera, which I hear me out the NFL. I once you to understand there's no one podcast in the world we're talking about the super Bowl. If Shanaya Twain or anybody with that mayonnaise Vanilla performs. You're not gonna have that four six weeks of conversation around.
Speaker 3: This were giving him. I'm trying to tell you as much as.
Speaker 4: You think y'all sitting around right now saying where we could go stay with us. They're gonna watch the game, they're gonna complain about us.
Speaker 3: I don't do.
Speaker 4: There's anything else so sick taking.
Speaker 3: A picture, taking the picture ship.
Speaker 7: Hey man, I love your niggas math Shi.
Speaker 2: It was like one of the greatest days of my life because that's about what I was doing.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Let's go.
Speaker 6: Let's no no, no, no, no, thank you, no no, hold on, hold on, give him, Let's give me his fucking flowers.
Speaker 3: Give to him.
Speaker 7: By the way, this is like my mother, fucking Grammy. That is Grammy, nigga.
Speaker 1: It means so much more coming from your own people, that nigga gram Me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, y'all, y'all don't understand.
Speaker 2: Nigga' I'm gonna be taking photos walking to my office with this nigga.
Speaker 7: Just coming to your own Tell you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Girl, I said, I have to do it because this is the only place that they can't deny if you sit in this chair I'm sitting and you are officially a legend.
Speaker 3: I can tell my son people say it. I can say it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: Here's my mother fucking proof.
Speaker 2: What I say get already got.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a fact. Y'all. Thank you, damn bro. Come to my show too, man.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 5: We go go fuck your show up.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs is a drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f f N.
Speaker 3: Listen to drink Champs.
Speaker 9: On Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of drink Champs, hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real Noriagon, I g at Noriaga on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going
Speaker 3: To drink champs dot com.