Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Now, let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today here in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepkar with Stephen Cowell, and we're joined by Bloomberg reporter Cloi Malay. Let's start with looking at a Mundi shares up after it reported a profit beat and presented a share buy back.
Speaker 4: Tell us all the details.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Mundy actually really benefited from Donald Trump burning all the bridges that it has that he has with Europe. So the companies said that it had really benefited from investors essentially wanting to move away from US assets and from the dollar as well. And that is because, of course, they're driven in part because of the rising tensions between Trump and European allies with the threats of the Greenland, the threats of A tariffs as well, and that has led investors kind of want to to move away from some of those US assets. And a Mundi is known for its kind of geographic and also a product diversification, which means that it was able to capitalize quite well on investors kind of wanting a broader range of investments in a wider set of geographies, and the CEO said, for example, the investors were really keen on European assets, but also emerging markets like India as well, and so all of that means that there was more money coming to Europe and that's obviously good news for the largest asset manager in the region. And so we have profit ahead of expectations and a big buyback, which obviously is always something that investors are quite excited about.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's a Mundi shares which are currently nearly five percent actually turning next to one of the biggest followers publicists, the frant Advertising Giant, down six point seven percent at the moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's quite interesting because on the surface it looks actually pretty good for publicists.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The revenue growth in the fourth quarter was stronger than expected. The guidance for twenty twenty six was also slightly ahead of expectations, and the company said that AI products will continue to really drive growth for the company this year. Is said that it had also a budget of nine hundred million euros to buy companies within that AI space so that it can broaden that AI portfolio. So Publicist is really trying to push back against a narrative that advertising companies will actually be losers in this kind of AI trade, because AI could disrupt the advertising sector by allowing businesses to make ads themselves faster and cheaper as well. But it seems that perhaps the outlook itself was the thing that disappointed investors. Publicist is known for being quite conservative with its guidance at the beginning of the year and leaving room for upgrades, and so maybe the outlook is what is leading those shares a lower this morning, and perhaps investors, maybe some of them, aren't quite convinced by the fact that Publicist could actually be an AI winner in this way and be able to stand out amongst all of these other advertising companies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the kind of company talking about transformational growth. Axo no Bell shares down after it warned of a tough year ahead. What are the concerns for investors?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there seems that there's no sign of recovery at Exoobel. So this is part of this broader trend of the chemical sector being while struggling quite a bit because of end markets being quite weak. So for Exoobel, which is a paint maker, it's coatings business sells chemicals product chemical products to customers in industries like carmaking, like industrials, the marine industry as well, and so all of those are struggling to an extent, and therefore customers are pulling back, They're not wanting as much paint, and therefore it is really struggling. And Axo Noobil has been having a tough time for a little while now. This was something that we talked about last year as well, and it's been trying to counter that by cutting loads of jobs and closing down some sites as well. It said that it has cut around at twenty nine hundreds by the end of last year, and that is nine hundred positions more than it had initially a planned. So it's really trying to boost that efficiency. And then going forward, we'll actually be doing this alone in this difficult market because it is merging with Exalter, which is a smaller paint maker, and that deal is expected to close in early twenty twenty seven at the latest, but until then it might see some of that difficulty continuing.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.