Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: No Cowboys, this is Talking Cowboys, straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Coadys at the Star in Frisco. Streaks second, that's got TINSI touchdown.
Speaker 3: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Nick Harris, John Mashoda and Kyle Yeomans. It's a Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 4: We are live from the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: And the SWBC Mortgage Studios as we continue to preview the Dallas Cowboys in the Buffalo Bills Sunday afternoon, three twenty five kickoff and Central time for Week fifteen.
Speaker 4: And we've got Nick Harris, We've got John Minchoda.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam in the back. No Isaiah stand back today, he's on.
Speaker 4: State championship duty.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, if you want to watch Isaiah stand Back today, you can watch them on bally Sports Southwest coming up at eleven am Central time. Right, yep, eleven am kickoff. He's got the eleven am game today.
Speaker 4: Mark and Albany.
Speaker 3: And that is with Mike Leslie and then seven pm tonight Central Time, he's got the call with Craig Way.
Speaker 4: Who's the night game.
Speaker 5: Gunter and Elmatone tide Haven.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: So for those of you fans of high school football, like Nick Harris.
Speaker 5: I was there last night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, dashed over there after the league meetings and got to see the two A D one game.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: You're sick.
Speaker 3: You went to the you came here, you recorded the show. He went upstairs. No, he didn't go upstairs.
Speaker 4: Ut yeah, I mean for like a split second before you went to locker room availability. You were in locker room.
Speaker 3: Then you got on your horse, you went to the league meetings, You went across down to Irving, were there for the league meetings, and then from there you went back to Arlington and was at at and T Stadium last night.
Speaker 5: Yep, yep.
Speaker 4: All in a day's work and now you've got a sportcoat on. This is what happens. This is what I saw.
Speaker 7: Him grinding yesterday. We're hanging out for a little bit of those owners meetings.
Speaker 3: Did you take one of those black rifle coffees in like yesterday too?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I actually didn't have any coffee yesterday, so I'm yeah, I just I was just running off vibes and John Mashoda's expertise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dream, did you make it over there to the league meetings too? I did?
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 7: Whenever it's usually there's like three days out there where you can potentially go. I only go for the final day because generally when everything wraps up, Roger Goodell will go talk in a conference room and that's when all the other owners are leaving. And so if you've been to these a few times, they're at this same place.
Speaker 9: It's in Lost clean.
Speaker 7: As and when they're leaving then that's usually when Jerry you can kind of grab him when he's coming out one of the side doors, which is.
Speaker 9: Good because all the other reporters are in Roger Goodell's press conference.
Speaker 7: So if you haven't been there before then it's sometimes it's easy to lose track of, you know, cause you gotta walk outside and kind of go around to this other area where you're it. I don't know you were saying there, Nick, it kind of feels like you're not supposed to be their type thing. You know, it's a nice hotel, but man, I'll tell you what, when Jerry sees you, he just always has something to talk about, like he And at no point did I feel like we talked him for over twenty minutes. At no point did I feel like he was like all right, guys, I gotta go like he was. I don't know, and probably the team playing well is probably factored into but yeah, yeah, he was. He was down to talk for a while, and so when that happens, it makes it really worth it, because, like I was telling Beam before the show started that there's times like that where at the Combine and things like that where you feel pretty good that you're gonna get Jerry or Steven. But there are times every once in a while where you're waiting for three four hours and then you don't get anything, and then it's just kind of like you feel like you got to explain this to your bosses of like, this is what I know.
Speaker 9: We have to wait outside here, this is part of the job. This is what we do.
Speaker 7: So and the other interesting part about it, you didn't see it as much yesterday, but at the Combine is so few other owners talk and so there is such a payoff if you cover the cow Boys there's been at the Competition committee meetings where Steven's at.
Speaker 9: It's usually the beginning of combine.
Speaker 7: There's other coaches, other front office, no other reporters except for Cowboys reporters. And there's like ten Cowboys reporters that are there because it's it's worth your while, you know.
Speaker 3: We're all huddled around right kind of on the laptop working while we're waiting, and then he pops up. He's there for twenty minutes. And I've never done the league meetings grind, but like when you were talking about it, I was thinking, oh yeah, I'm just thinking the combine rotation of it all the uh I mean with him saying having a bunch to say yesterday though, does that lead.
Speaker 4: Into some news and notes?
Speaker 5: It does? It doesn't.
Speaker 9: I mean, I feel like there's a lot that Seguay pros probably.
Speaker 6: I mean, between Sunday and yesterday we have had fifty minutes of Jerry Jones Access five zero, so there's a lot to.
Speaker 5: Talk about Jerry Jones.
Speaker 4: Thanks Jerry.
Speaker 6: But I just want to start off with my biggest surprise about the league meetings before we do dive into the news and notes. The lunch was phenomenal. Oh my good gosh. So I almost picked up a water Burger before I came in. I was trying to love response for Yeah, yeah, me too. You should have picked up one. I should have pick would have been better. It would have been, but I would have had to pay Instead. I got free lunch here at the at the Los Colinas Hotel.
Speaker 4: The only reason you chose it over water?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was only reason it was incredible. It was incredible stuff. Did not expect that glad I didn't pick up food but shut out Waterburger. I might tonight anyway. Uh News and notes, diving into what Jerry said yesterday during his twenty five minutes of access while I freeze because I didn't bring a coat, we could start off with the super Bowl was chosen for SOFI Stadium in twenty twenty seven yesterday, So that that makes at and T Stadium. It'll go at least seventeen years without a Super Bowl since twenty ten. Jerry was asked about a lot of things, you know, like were you guys in the conversation, did y'all put in a bid? And he was saying that there isn't really like a bid process anymore. But that people just kind of like stand up in the room and they move forward with candidates that see most fit, like what fit most criteria. Jerry said that sometimes the criteria that go along with it are just more than what we want to do. There was a time when you had to play some home games in some other countries to get a Super Bowl. We just decided to sit out that year. I'm using that more as an example, but it just doesn't fit for us right now. So he said he was thrilled about a SOFI getting into twenty twenty seven, said they deserved it, but that you know, AT and T Stadium just wasn't in the mix this time around.
Speaker 4: So that's so interesting, the fact that it's.
Speaker 3: Been that long for what could arguably be said as one of the best, if not the best stadium in the league.
Speaker 9: No question, that's how I feel.
Speaker 7: I mean, we're saying before the show, I feel like AT and T Stadium with the doors and roof open, is the best stadium. I haven't been to Allegiance yet, people I know they have been there say that it's not better than AT and T. So that's the only other ones that I would put in the newer level with at and t sofi Us Bank in Minneapolis beautiful and then and then obviously Allegiant where the Raiders play.
Speaker 9: And I'll tell you what this is.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna read in between the lines of the twenty minutes around with Jerry. And I don't know if you noticed towards the end there when he was asked about the officiating, how he talked about how now this is all gonna come back to the stadium and the Super Bowl. How when he talked about the officiating, how he mentioned replay has brought more eyeballs to the game and made it more interesting, like they've been able to track that having instant replay has been actually good for the sport in terms of talking about it. And so I took that as probably the fact that so many people talk about the officials and the NFL and everything like that, and Jerry is a person that likes that, Hey, as long as everyone's talking about it, he's happy, because then the spotlights on the NFL. And clearly, if you follow sports right now in the United States of America, the NFL is just lapping everything else.
Speaker 9: It's not even close.
Speaker 7: So anyway, which makes me think of that Mark Cuban quote about how pigs get fat, hogs gets slaughtered.
Speaker 9: I'm so waiting for them. This is gonna happen.
Speaker 7: Don't sun the same time sit anyway, But that was almost the ten year anniversary is coming up on that one, so we're still gonna wait on that.
Speaker 5: But it's still get fatter.
Speaker 7: But because of that, I think there's a part of Jerry that likes LA having the Super Bowl again because of the glitz and the glamour.
Speaker 9: Jerry obviously was a big part of LA.
Speaker 7: Getting that team back there. Yeah, he's close with Stan Cronke. You know, if you've been out to that stadium, they have, like the NFL network headquarters are right across the street. They're really trying to build that into a hub. So I'm not saying that he's fine with not getting the Super Bowl, but I think that that would be the one spot where he'd be like, this helps the brand everything. You know, they did a great job with it when it was they just had the Super Bowl with twenty twenty two. So I do think there's a small part of Jerry that thinks like that of the bigger picture as opposed to just like being anger that my stadium isn't getting one, I guess yeah.
Speaker 3: And I completely get that because Jerry was so instrumental in allowing so far to happen, right, I mean, he was a big partner in that.
Speaker 4: Whole planning process.
Speaker 3: At some point, it'll come back at some point at and T Stadium is too much. You talk about in the limelight and in the middle of everything, the Cowboys brand eighteen and it's always there, So it'll come back at some point. It's just shocking to me that it continues to get kicked down the line that can continues to be kicked. And maybe you talk about the way that so far did things great, and LA is so reliable from a weather standpoint year round that maybe that plays a factor into it.
Speaker 4: And then the factor of twenty ten and the ice.
Speaker 3: And the snow and everything that happened in Dallas that year that was really out of control from a football standpoint, It was mostly just outside factors. Maybe that plays a factor into it too. But I still think if you do that nine times out of ten in Dallas at that time of year, it's not going to be what it was in twenty ten. You're going to find a different weather report then you'll see it. And that's standing so interesting to think about. And I think at some point the Super Bowl will come back, just maybe after the World Cup Final comes Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: There's probably a possibility that, you know, once the renovations get made for I think it's the sweet level at AT and T Stadium ahead of the World Up that you know, maybe there's some some more leniency that the NFL will have and bringing back AT and T Stadium. On that same note, really quick, this isn't really a news of note. We can kind of brief it really quick. He was asked yesterday if he feels confident about the World Cup Final being at AT and T Stadium, and the new Jersey governor said. Phil Murphy said back in September that the two finalists are MetLife Stadium and AT and T and Jerry. He was asked few was confident, He said, no, I'm not confident, and he kind of gave a sales pitch after it was why AT and T Stadium should be the final finalist.
Speaker 5: So we'll see, we'll see it.
Speaker 6: It doesn't sound doesn't sound too promising there in case any soccer fans out there were hoping to get the final at.
Speaker 5: At and T.
Speaker 4: I'm still hoping.
Speaker 6: I'm still holding out hope as well. I am holding out hope as well.
Speaker 4: Let's make it happen.
Speaker 3: Yes, we could put together a sales pitch too. I mean, we can all three make it happen.
Speaker 5: Let's do Let's just do talking World Cup a couple days. We could do that.
Speaker 4: That that'd be great, be awesome.
Speaker 6: The owners did approve a new international game yesterday in South Paalo, Brazil for the twenty twenty four season. It's gonna be the league's first ever game in South America. I'll take that too, but yeah, well that's not going to happen. Jerry Jones was asked yesterday if there's any interest from the Cowboys and going out there, and it's the it's the same. It's the same thing as going out to England, whereas the Cowboys would have to give up a home game to go there and be the home team there. And he said, we have a lot of fans. It fits for a lot of clubs. It doesn't fit for the Cowboys as much. We have the highest attendance in the NFL. Of course, when we don't have a game here, it makes a big difference now. He did say that there is one international destination that he would be willing to go to if if the league were to don't it and he said, when we aren't playing here, I want to be in Mexico City. Oh okay, I thought you were saying, don't say the right one, but I was gonna say Mexican bad. He said, Mexico City is good and close. If I'm going international, I want to play there mainly because of our fans and our following and the affinity that we get UH here back home in the United States from the Hispanic fan base. And then he mentioned later in the interview of that as Teca, which is the big historic stadium in Mexico City, or Monterey where would be the two locations that he'd be willing to go play in Mexico. So if if if the Cowboys are going abroad, it's going to be in Mexico, that would be awesome.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't completely rule out Brazil, though I don't think it's one hundred percent the door shut on that. I still think it's a possibility. I think that's what Jerry's saying coming out of those meetings. But I wouldn't completely rule it out. There are other people that believe that the Cowboys still have a good chance of playing in Brazil next year with the extra home game, So I don't know.
Speaker 9: We'll see how that all.
Speaker 7: Gets worked out, but I don't think it would be a huge surprise if they end up playing that first game there. And I would not be opposed that either.
Speaker 4: No, I don't take that trip at all. It sounds great.
Speaker 3: Mexico City would be awesome as well. There are so many fans down there too. Yeah, either one of those right, phenomenal.
Speaker 6: Well, Jerry did say that he has a lot of business in Brazil and that he's the biggest automotive dealer in Brazil.
Speaker 5: He did say that in the interview.
Speaker 7: So what's it's the number one thing I learned yesterday, I'll be honest with you, was.
Speaker 9: No, it was like all then Watkins looked it up at after. It's true. It's stories out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, that's insane, that's incredible. Really, I'm I'm impressed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's like, there's nothing wrong with Brazil. I love Brazil. Or we have a ton of fans in Brazil. I'm one of the biggest automotive dealers in Brazil's. Yeah, that was kind of what we kind of like looked at each other like, oh okay, cool. I wish that would have followed up on that. That's my bad for.
Speaker 5: What are we doing here?
Speaker 6: But yeah, great cash, Yeah, straight straight cash. But yeah, fascinating stuff. And then the last thing we could touch on here before diving into the next segment is John across from He asked about Dak Prescott's contract extension situation.
Speaker 5: You know, with him having this NB m.
Speaker 6: VP caliber type season, obviously the you would think that the price tag would be going up. But it kind of sounds like a John, you can kind of pitch in here and kind of give your take, because you know Jerry B. Jerry B talking, He said that the price text kind of always been the same. That's kind of what I took from it, is that he's had this high number that he's looking forward to getting done when the season is over. He said that that number has been high, and it's been the same since he's been playing. When he played poorly early in the season and since he's been playing better later in the season. He said he's not worried about an increasing price tag, but he does know that there's a lot of players that he's going to have to pay here pretty soon, and he said it's going to be like fitting a square peg in a round hole. So I know there's a little bit of concerns there as far as getting everybody done, because I mean, when you look at it on paper, Dak Prescott, Ceedee Lamb, Michael Parsons, Deron Bland, now Tony Pollard, if you want to bring him back, I mean, there's a lot of guys that they're going to have to pay here pretty soon. So at Dak Prescott obviously being at the forefront of that conversation, just because an extension needs to get done this offseason and preferably as soon as possible, and this MVP caliber season will surely make that a little bit more difficult.
Speaker 3: Well, think about even if you're going to bring up Deron Bland, you can bring up the entire twenty to twenty two draft class, Yeah, Tyler Smith, Tyler Smith, Jake Ferguson, Deron Bland.
Speaker 4: I mean, the list goes on and on on that one.
Speaker 3: Because they've they've had so much impact from that draft class that all of those contracts are going to hit in the same offseason if you don't get something done early. So, uh, definitely something to keep an eye on. And I think right now you're riding the high. You're you're you're winning games. He's playing at an MVP caliber level. Don't worry about it too much. Uh, but at some point that will be a conversation, especially in the off season, that's going to be a conversation.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Dak Prescott, he.
Speaker 3: Is one of eight finalists for the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Awards that that the that came down this morning. He's the only quarterback to be one of the finalists, along with Kevin Zeller or Kevin Zieler, Bobby Wagner, c J Mosley, Khalil Mack, Kyle Huschak, Max Crosby, and Buddha Baker and Dak Prescott.
Speaker 6: Look, I love Max Crosby. Well, we're talking about a sportsmanship award.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep is is the hill.
Speaker 6: He's always saying something to quarterbacks every time he throws their head in the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty.
Speaker 3: Impressive given to the player who best embodied embodies traits like integrity and respect for the game and opponents.
Speaker 4: Current players decide the winner. So hey, if current players have them final line.
Speaker 5: That's true. That's true. Maybe I'm not on the field, you know, I don't know anything. I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: If it's anything from what we've seen in that Quarterback documentary on on Netflix, he talks a lot on the field, and then after the game's.
Speaker 4: Over, he's buddy, buddy. That's study. So that is true.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get John on the conversation though.
Speaker 7: As long as Jerry's Jones is alive, there's no chance that Dak Prescott, Michael Parsons, and Cede lamm are going anywhere.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's not happening.
Speaker 7: I think that they'll find ways to get all those other guys that you mentioned, but they're all they're on the side, like those three that that trio.
Speaker 9: That's what you know.
Speaker 7: When he had to follow up, oh yeah, you asked it about CD, That's the way I took his answer on that was that, yeah, we'll figure it out when it gets there. We want these guys obviously playing at this elite level because the goal is to win a super Bowl, and it's our chances are.
Speaker 9: Significantly better to win a super Bowl.
Speaker 7: These guys are playing at that level, and I totally get it, but Jerry loves stars, and you could potentially have the highest paid quarterback, highest paid defensive player, one of the highest paid wide receivers, and that might.
Speaker 9: Just be the cost of doing business, you know.
Speaker 7: So it also makes you think, especially after the Otani deal, that if there wasn't a salary cap, we wouldn't even have to discuss this stuff. It would just be getting done and we would just be reporting about how crazy the number is being given to Dak, Yep, Mike, and CD. I just do not see those three everything else. I mean, it's difficult for me to see them letting dron Blanco or Tyler Smith, but that's on that next level.
Speaker 9: Those three, I just can't see him. I mean just the way that they've all played.
Speaker 7: I mean, you're not going to move on from a franchise quarterback playing at an MVP level. Micah is doing numbers that haven't been seen since Reggie White and Ceedee Lamb. Every single season keeps getting better and better. Jerry loves number one wide receivers. He's not letting Ceedee Lamb go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if there wasn't a salary cap, I feel like we could book trips to February as soon as I get announced. But yeah, it's that's probably there's probably a lot of truth on that being the nucleus of those three guys, but it also kind of it starts with this offseason. They're gonna have to make some decisions this offseason because it's gonna, you know, have a trickle down effect for the next few years and whenever they do get to the Micah conversation with the Deron Bland situation, So are we talking about you know, Stefan Gilmour, Hey man, we love you, but just can't bring you back. I mean, there's only so much we can do here. I think that's a conversation that will probably had with a couple of guys.
Speaker 5: And it's tough. It's tough, but oh yeah, conversation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when you're making all those moves, though I can already see where it would be. It's that, well, we're gonna have to draft a corner in like the second or third round, kind of throw them to the wolves, and hey, there might be some growing pains, but we are paying these guys all of this, or are about.
Speaker 9: To pay all these guys. These are some of the moves we have to make.
Speaker 7: That's why, you know, you list your top players and then obviously Jerry and Mike as being most important or Mike McCarthy Serry being the most important. But very high in that list is Will McLay because they're going to have to continue to draft as well as they have to fill in the gaps in some of these spots.
Speaker 6: You know, A big sentence that I feel like has been told to us a lot, at least since I've started on the beat is we trust in our scouting and we trust in our evaluation department. Yeah, And I feel like it gets even more important when you talk about this conversation because it's like, Okay, this is just an example. Hey, we can let Ustefind Gilmore go because we trust that we can draft another one, you know, like not another Stefan Gilmore. We can draft a guy that can be just as impactful to throw in on the boundary and be okay, or throw in at Nickel and be okay.
Speaker 7: So how do you guys think that would impact though the potential? If they've had so much success off of the Cooks Gilmore trades, where would you guys sit on the whole idea of do you want to keep trying to make those moves or are your picks too much where you have to get those you can't make those maybe one two year swings on veteran players. Because they've had so much success, it makes me think that they're not going to stop doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it feels.
Speaker 5: Circumstantial for me.
Speaker 4: Same here.
Speaker 3: I think they've been looking for deals like that. They've been hoping for opportunities to spend Day three picks late day three picks, to have impactful players veterans come in and have the same sort of impact that Cooks and Gilmore have had. That doesn't always happen, though, in not every year you're going to have a guy on the market like a Gilmore or co and say, hey, here's a fifth round pick or here's a package of a fifth and a sixth.
Speaker 4: And it's going to work out. I think if it is available.
Speaker 3: And you do have an opportunity to do that, I don't see them trading rounds one through three ever, in round four almost all any time. I mean, they would have to be a perfect deal to trade a fourth round pick. They value those picks super well, and for good reason. I mean, we talked about it yesterday. Outside of twenty twenty three right now, you're still hoping for a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Out of your twenty twenty three class.
Speaker 3: But the last four years have been really impressive draft wise, and they've continued to do so drafting and a roster.
Speaker 4: Building at a high level.
Speaker 3: And I mean, if you're able to do that with later day three picks, that's one thing. If you're able to do it with rounds one through four, that's another thing.
Speaker 6: To Marvin and no, Overstone's going to come back and redeem the twenty twenty three draft class.
Speaker 10: I hope.
Speaker 3: So it sounds great. Hey, Villyambi Fojoco was designated for return, Maybe he.
Speaker 4: Pops back in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we could touch on about super fast Jonathan Hankins hard pressed to play on Saturday or excuse me, on Sunday. I'm thinking college on Sunday. According to Mike McCarthy. So it looks like there's gonna need to be some defensive tackle help. Expect Carl Davis to get elevated off the practice squad. Ten year veteran who you know, he's played with a handful of teams and six foot five, three hundred and thirty five pounds. I believe so he's he's definitely a wide body in there. And then two guys were They had their twenty one day practice windows open. Defensive end Villiami Fijoco Junior, the fourth round pick out of San Jose State. He hasn't played all season, but he has been on the fifty three man when he wasn't on the ir and then Billy Price, he's on the practice squad. He had his twenty one day window opened as well. I don't foresee either of those guys being on the roster by the end of the season. I don't think either of them make the fifty three man at some point.
Speaker 4: Wow, I just.
Speaker 6: Don't see room for them unless an injury happens between now and then.
Speaker 5: I don't see where they could fit in. But maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: We'll see, Yeah, I mean right now, Brandon Aubrey's carrying this rookie class.
Speaker 4: He wasn't even a draft pick.
Speaker 5: And Hunter lip Key, that's true, Hey, he wasn't a draft pick either. He want a draft pick either.
Speaker 3: We got a text from the four three to two before we go to break. He said he lives out in West Texas. He looked out his window this morning. I'm pretty sure he saw Brandon Aubrey warming up, kicking toward AT and T stadium hashtag weapon nice one. Yeah, he's trying to trying to make it work all right when we come back. We don't have Isaiah standback today, but it's next man up. It is our own rendition of quarterback vision, of QB vision. We're gonna take a look in a preview the Cowboys offense versus that Bill's defense that's missing a couple of pieces. How much does that play a factor when we come back with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatible planning device. Five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash by g for you for details.
Speaker 10: Black Rifle Coffee Company serves premium coffee to people who love America. When you drink Black Rifle Coffee, you are directly supporting veterans, law enforcement, and first responders in your community. Black Rifles expert roasters love coffee almost as much as Texas loves football, so it makes sense that America's coffee partner with America's team. Go online at Black Riflecoffee dot com and fuel up with the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. That's Black Rifle Coffee dot Com. To fuel up.
Speaker 3: Today, Cowboys fans. After that move, We've just coined the term rowdy replay. Let's roll back the table.
Speaker 8: Okay, there's our mascot Rowdy cheering on the boys. And now he's on his phone on his Bank of America mobile banking.
Speaker 3: App, staying on top of his finances with his virtual financial assistant Erica.
Speaker 8: Bank of America's digital tools are so impressive. Cowboys fans just can't stop banking. Learn more at Bank of amer dot com. Slash Can't Stop Banking.
Speaker 4: Every It's only available in the Englis language.
Speaker 3: You must download the latest version of the Mobile banking app, only available on some like mobile devices.
Speaker 4: Message dat rates apply, Remember f icy.
Speaker 12: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller.
Speaker 4: Would you, Dear Doctor?
Speaker 3: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 12: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier?
Speaker 13: To cry out?
Speaker 12: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back here on Talking Cowboys, This segment is brought to you by Quaker Oats. The Supertrust is super Food Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back alongside, what was it?
Speaker 5: I wonder if I say I got him in this morning?
Speaker 4: I wonder if he' it is well? I can turn to the left.
Speaker 3: Normally I turn to the left and find Isaiah and ask have you had your oats?
Speaker 4: This morning. Did you get your oats in John.
Speaker 9: I most certainly did not. I'm going on a bottle of water right now, that's all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go same here.
Speaker 9: I got a breakfast person.
Speaker 3: Wait really never just in general, no, I mean like you just don't eat breakfast.
Speaker 9: No, no, I'm never hungry in the morning.
Speaker 4: Do you like breakfast food.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's fine, but it's not like.
Speaker 7: The idea of eating this massive breakfast, like you know, the whole like traditional like whatever, toast, eggs.
Speaker 9: I would never.
Speaker 7: I can barely eat granola bar in the morning. I'm not angry at all.
Speaker 6: Interesting, My stomach typically takes a couple of hours to get settled when I wake up to so I'm kind of along the same line of thinking. But there have been sometimes where I hop out of bed, I'm like, where's the eggs, let's go to work.
Speaker 3: Mine is mostly just because I don't like waking up in the morning early. I'm a night owl, so I'm usually up at two am and not not up at seven. So mine is like I just don't have time to eat breakfast normally, then go grab it by deet. I love breakfast food, though. The if Isaiah were in here, he would be flagger flabbergasted.
Speaker 4: He would just be beside us.
Speaker 9: Oh, we've talked about it before. Yeah, he was most important the other day or whatever.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, all right, the energy, all right, Isaiah.
Speaker 9: I got energy.
Speaker 4: I'm fire.
Speaker 7: And also I don't really drink any coffee either, and it's right that so I don't really I don't feel like I need the energy in the morning. I guess I could always use it, but uh yeah, now just not a not a breakfast person, had a notes person, Sarah guys, just going off.
Speaker 3: Vibes and dream living a dream life. Right, let's roll, all right, Dak Prescott has been living the dream lately. I mean, he's playing at an extremely high level. He continues to throw the rock around, take care of the football, lead his team the victory this week against the team that's missing multiple pieces on that defense. We talked earlier in the year, even about the Matt Mullano and what he did in the first couple of weeks of the year. He's out, he's on ir. The the way that they lost Tredavius White early in the season to a torn achilles back in Week four, I mean, there's there's multiple pieces out of that defense that was so highly vaulted it early in the season that it looks like a completely different unit. But Nick, whenever you look at this defense for the Buffalo Bills, they still have an opportunity, They still have talent, and they've been playing better football as of late, most notably what they did against Kansas City last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, they got guys on all three levels. Still.
Speaker 6: We could start up front on their defensive line at Oliver Houston, product from went to the University of Houston as well. He's been he's been a guy in their defensive interior for the last I guess, gosh, it's probably been like four or five seasons now. He's gonna get after he's gonna get after the passer. He's gonna force some problems in the run game as well. And then when they have Von Miller, obviously he's really productive. But with what's going on with his legal situation, we'll kind of see as that settles out. But they got some They got some guys up front that will make things difficult for the Dallas Cowboys offensive line.
Speaker 5: In the second level.
Speaker 6: You mentioned Matt Mlano going out, and that's obviously a tough injury for them, but they've had a couple of guys step up, similar to how the Cowboys have in the lineback and corps. You can look at Tyrel Dodson, a undrafted undrafted free agent out of Texas A and M in the twenty nineteen draft class. He was really productive at A and M and it surprised me at that time when he went undrafted.
Speaker 5: But he's kind of undersized, so it makes sense.
Speaker 6: But he's he does a really good job of being able to cover the middle of the field. You know, Dallas loves to run a lot of things across the middle of the field. They're gonna have to keep an eye on dots and that's gonna be huge for Dak Prescott to be able to, you know, see across the middle and be able to factor in with that timing. And then in the secondary training for Rausseull Douglas during this season from from Green Bay, it's paid dividends for them.
Speaker 5: He's been great.
Speaker 6: He's fit in with that secondary almost seamlessly, done a great job on the boundary, just taking the best guy and being able to do what he can against him. And then Jordan Poyer while he did not practice yesterday with the next stinger, so that's definitely something to watch as the week goes on. Jordan Poyer at the safety position also really talented in their secondary. There's gonna be problems here, and especially when you factor in the weather of the fact that you know this team doesn't play up in Buffalo that often. I think this will be Dak Prescott's first time going up there. Yeah, so it's all gonna be factored in. And we had asked Jerry yesterday, It's like, what do you have to prove in Buffalo? Tomorrow's like, nothing, We just need to go up there and find a way to win. Yeah, that's it. And it's as simple as that. And I think it's very true as well. If they go up there and win three to two, that's an accomplishment.
Speaker 4: I take that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Bills ranked top six in scoring defense, takeaways, sacks, and quarterback hits in twenty twenty three, So even with those pieces unavailable, I mean, they're sixth in points per game allowed, They're tied for third in takeaways with twenty three. They have forty two sacks, which is tied for third in the NFL, and eighty seven quarterback hits, which is fourth. So it's impressive the way that they've had to fill in. The one thing that whenever I looked at this defense, and I watched a little bit of film on them yesterday, mostly that Kansas City game, they allow a lot of opportunity, especially out of the slot, which in my opinion is CD lamb.
Speaker 4: I mean, just circle CD circle.
Speaker 3: The opportunity he has, he's continued to put up massive numbers. They've allowed eight passing touchdowns in a one hundred and five passer rating versus the slot according to Next Gen Stats this year. That's the fourth most in the league in terms of passing touchdowns out of the slot and the fourth highest passer rating out of the slot this year. So whenever I'm looking at a match up here, in the way that they play, they play a lot of nickel. They don't play a whole lot of bass. If they're playing that nickel they're playing out of the slot, they're not very good there. And I think the Cowboys, especially if they don't have the safety help from Jordan Poyer over the top, that's an opportunity for a big day for eighty eight and what he can continue to build.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not only eighty eight. That's the That's the good thing about this for cdo it could be three to say that anybody in the receiving corn can play out of the slots, exeph Michael Gallup. I feel like Michael galas the only one to get really put in the slot and he can be just as effective. But you look at Brandon Cooks, you look at Cavante Turpin, you look at CD. I am obviously Jalen Tolbert even as well has had some success out of the SAT this year.
Speaker 5: All those guys could do some things.
Speaker 6: And even Jake Ferguson, he's been lining up in the slot, lining up out wide more as the season goes on. So yeah, look for all those guys to get involved in my opinion, but CD, that's definitely suspect number one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when I look at this team, I look at a team that you could possibly run on. I know that the Chiefs really didn't have a big day there. This is a rushing defense. I give up one fourteen a game, one fifteen somewhere in that in that neighborhood. And one of the other reasons I'm bringing it up is just because of what I saw against the Eagles, who were a run defense that shut down the Cowboys earlier in the season, and I just saw a little bit of momentum coming from the Cowboys offense there in the run game in there, both Pollard and out all. So I'm interested to see how that carries over, especially because there is just a small part of me that is just still like I understand I can read a weather report, but there's a part of me just like there's always a chance when you get there that it's like, yeah, it's not as it's not as good at whether it be wind whatever, that maybe it might lean a little bit more to the running game. So that's the one thing I think of when I think of looking at this defense. Everything is though, and just to be completely honest, and I think I might have said it on the show earlier this week, like I picked the Bills to win the Super Bowl. I still think this is a really good team. You know, you look at seven and six next to their name, and I think a lot of people would be like, oh, this team isn't very good. But if you break down and just look at their schedule this year and what they've done, there's nobody like handily beating them.
Speaker 9: Like there's not one game.
Speaker 3: Every single one of their losses have been by a single possession, right, six points to the Jets, five points to the Jags, four points to the Patriots. That's a bad loss, but four points to the Patriots, six points to the Bengals, two points to the Broncos in a wild ending that they should have won, and then they had two many men on the field and then they had the rekick, and then the Eagles beat them by three.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: All of them have been less not even a touchdown that they haven't lost by more than six points.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I look at like some of their losses, even like the two in overtime.
Speaker 9: Look at that one against Philly.
Speaker 7: Where it took that wild kick right before he had to force even get to that point. And Josh Allen, to me, is somebody that I would be concerned for in a big game, and this will be a big game to him and the way he plays at home. So there's just parts of it where I look at this. I look at the whole thing, with the defense obviously included, and I'm just like, this is not a game that anybody can sleep on it. I thought it was interesting how Jerry said at the end of that answer when he was asked about Buffalo, how he said it's comparable to the challenge of beating the Eagles the week before. And I think that there's some people that might listen to that and go, yeah, this is just Jerry trying to play it up. Remember he said before the Eagles game, there was nervous, nervous, nervous on that Friday interview right before. So I did take a herculean effort to be able to beat them. But I agree with Jerry in there. He said, in terms of quality of the team and being on the road, about the same kind of chips are on the line in this game, And so you know.
Speaker 9: I agree.
Speaker 7: And I say the whole thing about me having them as a Super Bowl pick, because I understand some people may think, well, you're just overrating them.
Speaker 9: I think this is a very good Bills team.
Speaker 7: Seriously, Like still, I don't look at that record and go, yeah, this is just like a seven and six NFC team.
Speaker 3: You know, if anything they've played, they've played down the competition. Yeah, because they've lost to the Jets, the Patriots, the Broncos, whenever. The Broncos hadn't necessarily figured things out yet, they hadn't played well against the lower teams in the division. I mean they beat the Dolphins by twenty eight.
Speaker 4: I mean that was at home in October.
Speaker 3: They've beaten teams like the Kansas City Chiefs. Now, don't look at the record. They're five and two at home. If you want to look at a record, there's one. They're five and two at home. There's seven and six overall, all, six of those losses within six points. It's I would argue that this is a tougher matchup for the Cowboys, given the circumstances of being on the road, being in December, having you had the home field advantage, the fourteen straight home wins to rely on at AT and T Stadium against the Eagles, you don't have that anymore.
Speaker 4: You're going up to Buffalo. They are hungry for a win.
Speaker 3: They're still desperate down the stretch to try and work back in the playoff positioning. So with their final four schedule or four games on the schedule, they got the Cowboys, the Chargers, Patriots, Dolphins, so it's not easy for them either.
Speaker 4: This is this is not going to be an easy matchup.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely not.
Speaker 6: And there's so many factors that play into this. And I don't want to preview our little pick them.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow, but I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't feel great about this this game from a Cowboys perspective, just and it's I don't think it would be a bad thing if they go in there and lose.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's the end of the world.
Speaker 6: But you need this win absolutely because there's a lot on the line in the division, in the conference. When it get that exactly exactly, and since you beat Philly last week, there's a door that's open, especially if Philly is able to drop a game in these last four weeks.
Speaker 5: There's a lot on the line. But man, this is good.
Speaker 6: I think this is their toughest test the rest of the way, going to Buffalo and playing.
Speaker 5: In those elements. This is the tough game that they'll see last four weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I kind of feel like it's almost like that Seattle game too, where it's like the team is better than what their record says it is, and then you play the Cowboys, you're gonna usually get that team's best shot.
Speaker 9: I anticipate that happening here.
Speaker 7: We've talked before about how good Mike McCarthy's teams have been in December. He's got two December losses since he's become the Cowboys head coach on the road. One was in his first year, the COVID year twenty twenty they lost at Baltimore, and then last year against Jacksonville. Obviously that was a game that the Cowboys probably should have won. Now they did lose it to Washington at the end of the year that was technically in January.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but they have performed well.
Speaker 7: Even even in some times when maybe you didn't think that they would win the game in December on the road, So maybe you got to factor that in a little bit too. Mike McCarthy's done a great job having this team prepared. As this season has gone along, you can see, like multiple years of covering Mike McCarthy teams, what he's trying to do that the build up to towards the end of the season be playing your best football. I expect both these teams to play well, but to me, it's almost a coin flip on who's going to end up winning this game.
Speaker 3: With all of that, all of those factors in the way that this offense has been playing the way Dak Prescott's been playing. Do you expect this to be a high scoring affair a shootout or do you expect this to be more of a defensive Juggernaud slugfest back and forth.
Speaker 7: So for a shootout, for me, I would think that both teams need to be in the thirties or above sure, and I don't see that happen.
Speaker 9: I think this is a low twenties game.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 7: I just think that the Bills are going to play a lot better than they normally do and at home, and I think that that's good. There's just a part of me with the Cowboys too. I just want to see them play in a tough road environment like that and play well like we've seen them play at home, where you can potentially blow out a team. They're not going to blow out this Bills team. But I just don't see them scoring in the thirties in this game. I'm not saying that that doesn't mean they can't win if they do. I like the Cowboys chances, but I just think this is a low twenties game.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 5: That's the same point about December.
Speaker 6: Mike McCarthy twelve and two in the month of December since taking over thirty three points six points per game on the.
Speaker 5: Offensive side of the ball. It's easily best month offensively.
Speaker 6: Obviously, this is his first year's play caller, but he has a lot of say in that really quick. I hope this is a game like Vikings and Bills last year, which is kind of around the same time at the time of the year. Best game of the year last year in my opinion thirty three thirty Vikings won and overtime. Justin Jefferson had that wild fourth down catch to keep them keep them in that game. So maybe maybe we have some fun up in Buffalo on Sunday, John Mishoda.
Speaker 7: That was man, that was wild thinking about that was the best game last year?
Speaker 9: The whole was it the Cousins fumble on the goal line.
Speaker 6: So it was they had gone for it on fourth and goal after they justin they didn't get it. That's the nineteen They got the crazy one handed catch to move down the field. Yeah, and then they yeah, they get stopped at the one yard line and then they Josh Allen and they just have to kneel it out or just like get a couple of yards and they're done and Josh Allen fumbles the stat Vikings laying on top of it in the end zone. Tie the game go to overtime, and then they went it in overtime. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Crazy game though, that one was.
Speaker 4: It was right.
Speaker 3: It was leading up into the Cowboys game that day. That was the game fourhand on Fox. And I remember being in the studio with Barry, Isaiah and Nate and we we usually have red zone up right before we're going live, and uh, actually I think we were in the middle of the show because it was leading up into it. But we were in the studio. We were watching the end of the game, and we were in the middle of our pregame show and we were in like a small ninety second break and that's when the fumble happened and they recovered it, and we like went nuts for a little bit, and then we had to like comb the hair back and then get ready to be like all.
Speaker 4: Right, welcome back in the pregame live.
Speaker 3: And then get get into TV Boys from there. But really, uh yeah, I was there for a game like that.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure there was a lot of reason to have an interest in that from a Cowboys perspective, because weren't the Cowboys playing.
Speaker 9: Maybe I'm wrong on this, they.
Speaker 4: Were trying to seating. Maybe I thought the.
Speaker 7: Cowboys played the Vikings the following week? Am I wrong on that?
Speaker 3: You know you're right because right, yeah, you're right, right, because the they were undefeated when the Cowboys play, or one loss, whatever, the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Thinking about it. This is exactly what I'm thinking about it. So you mentioned earlier the quarterback the documentary. Yeah, I'm watching that thing building up to them, like I can't wait to see the behind the scenes of the Cowboys game because the Cowboys just dominated them and they were such a good team, and they glossed over that. They spent a lot of time on the Bills game, and then they just kind of was like real fast as the.
Speaker 3: Whole episode on the Bills game, and then it was like the beginning of the next episode where they got back to forty to three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just remember after the Cowboys won that game the following week, there was like a lot of moving of goalposts on the whole like, well.
Speaker 9: Minnesota really isn't that good.
Speaker 7: I'm just like, they just beat the Bills in Buffalo and they had a crazy good record at that time.
Speaker 9: I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 3: It was eight and two, well after Cowboys beat because they were eight and one. Whenever they beat him, I believe, give or take a couple of wins. But yeah, it was a really really good record. Moving the goal posts against the team that the Cowboys beat.
Speaker 9: That happened.
Speaker 4: Couldn't be.
Speaker 9: That happens, could not be.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, I'm not moving any goal posts. I'm telling you why. If Dak Prescott keeps playing like this, he will be the MVP of the NFL right after this with more talking cowboy Boys.
Speaker 13: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 10: Are you ready to take coffee off your grocery list forever. Black Rifle Coffee Club is here to help. As a Coffee Club member, you'll get your favorite coffees, roasted package and ship to your door free of charge on your preferred schedule. Set it, forget it, and never run low on coffee again. Members also get exclusive deals on coffee products and discounts from partner brands. Ease your mind and let Black Rifle worry about your coffee supply. Go to Black Riflecoffee dot com to join the Coffee Club today.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 11: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure, It's not complicated.
Speaker 1: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See att dot com slash five G for you for details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show is brought to you by in Visi Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. All Right, I mentioned it going into the break. If Dak Prescott continues playing like he has been, he will be the MVP of the NFL. And I know that's probably not like a crazy out there going out on a limb take, but I have some stats to back it up. So Dak is on pace to be the eleventh player to lead the NFL in passing touchdowns and touchdown to interception ratio in the same season. Out of the previous ten players that did that, nine of.
Speaker 4: Them won the MVP.
Speaker 5: Who's the one, dude?
Speaker 4: One is Tom Brady in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 9: Oh, I've heard of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was pretty good. Here are the guys twenty twenty. Aaron Rodgers won the MVP twenty fifteen. Tom Brady did not win the MVP twenty fifteen. Can anybody tell me who won the MVP twenty fifteen before that, Tom Brady twenty ten, Yes, Tom Brady twenty or two thousand and seven, Yes, Cam Newton, Cam Newton won in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk about Cam Newton on these airwaves. Peyton Manning two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: Yes, he wonted, Kurt Warner ninety nine, YEP, Brett Favre ninety six, YEP, Steve Young in ninety four at ninety two, absolutely, and then John Brody in nineteen seventy, and he did win it in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 9: I just think it's gonna be hard for him if they don't win the division. I feel like that.
Speaker 3: Even if he continues to play lights out and they just barely missed the division.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just feel like it's become one of those awards that it goes to the quarterback of the top team, top ten. I think it'll come down if they don't win the division. I think comes down to Hurtzin party for MVP.
Speaker 3: If the season ended right now, would you vote and you had an MVP Dack?
Speaker 4: It would it be Dack?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: I think it'd be mine.
Speaker 5: In a heartbeat, It'd be Dak for me.
Speaker 3: How much of an impact has he made on this team this year? I mean we've talked about Mike McCarthy evolving as a play caller, and certainly this is, in my opinion, the best Mike McCarthy coaching job that he's done in his four seasons in Dallas, and it's not even close. But the way that Dak has helped elevate that and helped expedite.
Speaker 4: That process, I mean, how much credit does he deserve on that one?
Speaker 6: I mean, you want to look at Dak's impact, look at when he's been playing poorly and how poorly the entire offense plays, and then you look at when he's playing well and how well the entire offense plays. So you could point on the bad side on in the San Francisco game, ten points of production, those three interceptions in the second half just they needcapped any sort of momentum in that second half and thirty two point blowout, obviously, that speaks for itself.
Speaker 5: Then you look at the good side.
Speaker 6: Of that, and he's playing on an MVP caliber level. He's only thrown two interceptions since that game. He's thrown for what twenty six touchdowns since that game, and he's got the number one scoring offense and everybody's getting involved Ceede Lambs a number two receiver in the NFL. So it's if you want to see how big his impact is, look at everybody else and what's going on with that and the way he's been playing since that loss to San Francisco, and you look at the numbers and you stacked him up with the success that Dallas has had overall. Yeah, I feel like he's MVP so far this season, and I feel like he can really punctuate that with a couple of big wins down the stretches.
Speaker 7: Well, since there's nothing there that I can disagree with, and I think you did a great job of summing up all parts of it.
Speaker 9: I just want to throw this in it real quick.
Speaker 7: So my full time job is I work at the Athletic and one of our NFL writers is Mike Sando, And before the season starts and then during the season he does a thing called QB Tiers where he reaches out to people throughout the league. And so he just released his QB Tiers today for the end season one and.
Speaker 4: DAK, so he does a preseason and right cool.
Speaker 7: And so the DAK was in the second tier, which he has been in the past. So there's there In the number one tier, there are five quarterbacks. It's Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, and Justin Herbert. In the next tier down is Jalen Hert, It's Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence, then Dak Stafford Watson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins. The reason I'm bringing it up because this is one of the most interesting the parts about it is that he has sources that he's not just doing this on his own. This is all from talking to people in the NFL, whether it be GM, scouts, whatever, and then he puts together the voting and this is how he comes about it, but he also gets quotes from some people. So one voter told him, I feel Dak needs to finish the season to show what he really is. When you play the Arizona Cardinals and their game plan is to make Dak beat them, and he can't beat them, you are not Tier one.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 7: Everyone has bad games, but I feel like that that is Dallas in general blowing people out getting killed by San Francisco. One other person, another voter on the thing, said they do good stuff on offense. They have enough weapons and Dak can execute. When they play the really good teams and the pressure gets on him, it can get hit or miss. I want to see Dak do it when it matters.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it's very valid too. It's valid criticism because part of that is valid. Part of it. I think it's valid as finishing.
Speaker 6: It's the one thing that has been the notch in Dak Prescott's armor so far in his career is that the fact that he can't get past the divisional round. So until he could do that, I don't think he can be in Tier one either.
Speaker 5: That's that's I think.
Speaker 4: Can you name the five quarterbacks again?
Speaker 5: One I'll say this Justin Herbert does not belong in Tier one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because Justin Herbert hasn't finished anything. Josh Allen hasn't gone to a super Bowl, so let's not crown.
Speaker 9: Him only championship the only thing I could say.
Speaker 4: He's gone to a championship game.
Speaker 7: Again, this isn't like just talking to media members. These are people in the NFL. So there's a part of me that thinks that I could see people in the NFL thinking that Herbert's in a bad situation and that he's.
Speaker 9: Better than QUARTERBA.
Speaker 7: But but I also can because also I would say if Dak was the lead in the Super Bowl the next year, when QB tiars comes out, he would be in that Tier one group. But the top one, it's Patrick Mahomes one, Burrow two, got it, Josh Allen three, and then Rogers.
Speaker 3: And Herbert Rogers. I mean, that's kind of a we haven't given this. Yeah, it's just not a twenty twenty three thing.
Speaker 7: I have no issue with the top three. By the I'm fine with Mahomes, Burrow, and Allen, even as bad as Allen's been this year. If you're telling me I got to start a team right now, I got the third pick, and he's there. He's probably who I'm taking.
Speaker 4: I agree with you.
Speaker 7: In twenty seven years old, he's gonna be playing at a high level, I believe for a decade plus.
Speaker 3: I'm a Josh Allen fan. I've always liked him. I liked him coming out of the draft, I liked him in Wyoming. I've always been impressed with him. But based off of the reasoning from that one quote, specifically, when he's saying, teams game plan to stop him, and you can't beat him, and you lose to these good teams, you lose to these bad teams, and I mean, whenever you don't play well, the offense doesn't play well, that sort of thing, I think that reasoning would knock Josh Allen from that tier one as well. I mean, look at the Bills record. When Josh Allen has a giveaway when he takes care of the football in the fifteen games where he has not had a turnover, they're fifteen to zero. They have never lost whenever Josh Allen has zero giveaways.
Speaker 4: In the thirty games where he has.
Speaker 3: Only one giveaway, Josh Allen is twenty one and nine, so a much better record than you could have had. But whenever he has more than two giveaways in those seventeen games, he's eight and nine. So I mean that's a key for this Dallas defense. Forced a couple takeaways, forced a couple of gibaways, and then all of a sudden, it puts you in a tough situation.
Speaker 7: I think the thing that really helped him in the arguments is you go back two years ago in those playoffs when he got by New England, get they beat Kansas City, and it comes down to where it's like who has the ball last? And then those two games combined, I mean nine touchdown passes, no interceptions. I mean he there have been some playoff you know games where I mean, even for his totalities four and four in the playoffs, seventeen touchdown passes, only four interceptions. I mean, I just think that he's a really good player. I know this hasn't been a great season in a way, almost seems like he's having a little bit of the Dak season from last year in terms of the turnovers, you know. But man, I would love if anybody, if I was a GM right now and anybody was trying to sell Josh Allen, I would love to commit to that guy being my quarterback for the next decade plus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I'm building a team, I'm completely okay with that shrush out on my team. And if he can clean up the turnovers similar to how Dak has been able to do this season.
Speaker 5: Buffalo will super Bowls.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Clural, that's that's a that's a given saw stat.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to find it here, the fact that Dak has cleaned it up. Though as much as he has, it's never to.
Speaker 4: Have been done in the NFL.
Speaker 3: He could be the first quarterback in the Super Bowl era to lead the NFL in passing touchdowns the year after leading the NFL in interceptions.
Speaker 5: Wow, not even James Brett bar No.
Speaker 3: The only other quarterback in NFL history to do it was in nineteen forty five Hall of Famer Bob Waterfield. You guys remember watching Bob Waterbury. Waterfield back in the day. Nineteen forty five he was with the Cleveland Rams, and then he went to nineteen forty six with the La Rams.
Speaker 5: And he didn't play for the Saint Louis Royals at any points or anything.
Speaker 4: I don't know. He's a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: He's in Canton, But with no disrespect to mister water Yeah, Waterfield, I'm sure was a great player. But that's that's what the totality of what Dak is doing. He's trying to flip it. I get trying to finish a season and the pressure is on from here on out anyway, so he's going to have a chance to prove it. But you got to finish the season, you got to put yourself in position playoff wise to try and make a run. And then I get, I get pushing him to Tier one. I just didn't like the quote. I think that's the one thing is I felt like it was kind of a cop out answer from whoever that quote was from. But that's an interesting conversation for sure. And I think Josh Allen's a Tier one quarterback, don't get me wrong. I just think Dak is borderline Tier one. He's got a chance to prove it that he is up there right now in the way that he's been playing.
Speaker 7: The definition on Mike's list on tier two quarterbacks is a Tier two quarterback can carry his team sometimes but not as consistently. He can handle pure passing situation in doses and or possesses other dimensions that are special enough to elevate him above tier three. He has a hole or two in his game.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not terrible because I agree with the consistency part of it. He's been consistent in twenty twenty three. But you got to keep that going, you can't. Yeah, of course, that's the level of consistency, or that's the definition of consistency, right of being. If I can say that word consistency, the uh, you.
Speaker 6: Know, we gotta get out of here. Health, I think is the biggest thing towards dak as well, though. Ye like, whenever he's healthy he plays at this level.
Speaker 4: That's good thing.
Speaker 5: Back to other times in the health of his offensive line.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, it's when he's been healthy and he's had healthy guys up front.
Speaker 3: All right, that does it for us. Be sure to call in on storyline with Nick Eatman. Get it at eight eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven. He's getting started in a couple minutes. But that does it for us. Here on talking Cowboys for Chris Beam, John Manchoda, Nick Harris, I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the storm Frisco.
Speaker 4: We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 11: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.