Speaker 1: Welcome and everybody to Fantasy Bros. MLB. This is leading off live. It is me, Joey p Jo P's appear with me always, my boy the Welsh and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks live here on Twitch, Twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. Of course, you can always watch us video on demand on our YouTube channel at Fantasy Bros MLB. Yeah, subscribe today. Callie, turn your turn your keyboard off.
Speaker 2: Callie, CALLI keyboard the live keyboard again. You were just trying to put Jay's on all the words leading off with a Jay. We could hear you, cal We've.
Speaker 1: Got a j emode. We love our producer Michael Cally here too, but every now and then he likes uh. I guess he's an official keyboard warrior with that loud typing. Would you say yes?
Speaker 2: That would be the thing. He definitely a character. This year Cally has turned into a long stint.
Speaker 1: All right, p Nuts and Cracker Jacks. Let's just get right after it because we've got a lot going on. And again shout out. I saw the did indeed get his prize? There? So very excited. John Smoltz Jersey going out there to one of our winners. Here we got more giveaways too, so again comment below on the YouTube channel. Let's talk a little baseball here, let's talk about the return of the King. Michael King's first outing was not good. His second outing was much, much, much better. Eleven strikeouts over five shoutout innings in a win over the Guardians yesterday. So Welsh, let's start there, because Michael King, that window of panic probably gone, window of buying absolutely gone. Maybe it never existed in the first place, but it was really good to see for those of you who invested in Michael King as a fantasy ace look like the dominant Michael King of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: We talked about it in yesterday's show where it was kind of like, isn't it weird these guys that have these weird trends, whether it's like, you know, Bailey over in the first game or Happy wins today, or Marcus Simeon in the first half. Maybe this is gonna be a thing with the start version of Michael King. Michael King got blasted last year against the Dodgers. I want to say it was the first two starts. This was a tough matchup this is a team first off, that didn't strike out a bunch. I want to say the prop on his strikeouts was so tempting. It was around like five and a half because just no one knew what was going to go on. But he looked great. He struck out eleven Velo stuff was kind of in line. He wasn't, which is really interesting here and this shows you the swing and miss type of stuff I want to throw out. Not only did he have eighteen whiffs, which is that's a dominant performance, forty six percent with percentage across his pitches forty percent through has change up more than anything, forty percent with rate elite, sixty four percent on the fastball, ridiculous, sweeper thirty percent, sinker forty percent. Those are ridiculous numbers. But he did it against a Guardians team that does not strike out a bunch, and he was under fifty percent zone percentage for like eighty three percent of his pitch, so eighty three percent of his bitches were not in the zone and he was getting those whists because of movement and the stuff. Michael King is back. We should feel very very good about that. It was a very tough matchup, even if it wasn't like, even if he was good, the strikeouts could have been suppressed by the Guardians. But I'm like across the board, thoroughly, thoroughly impressed. Wish I had bet at, wish I had the kahonas which I wasn't a little gun shy on it, but should feel very good that I would say the window is definitely closed on any buying opportunity. After the bad.
Speaker 1: Start, I looked at last year's two I found it over on stat News. So yeah, first start was against the Dodgers three innings, gave up three earned runs. And then his fourth start of the years against the Dodgers two, where he gave a four earned run, six hits in five innings.
Speaker 2: So Dodger's got your number.
Speaker 1: It's tough. It's actually he was even bad again, but he was bad against Philly and April. He was bad. He's kind of a bad start of the season last year, even against Colorado, eight hits, four earned and three and two thirds.
Speaker 2: What was that second start after the dog had two?
Speaker 1: He had a Dodgers start. Then he had two Giant starts in a row. First Giant start was mediocre, six strikeouts, four innings, too, or it was decent, the second one better, and then the Dodger one was bad against Milwaukee, he got a loss against Colorado, he got a loss in Philly, he got a loss, and then then May happened, and May was dazzling. May really just kind of took off for him. So you know, slow starters sometimes happened. I wanted to talk about Wilde's question here. Do we get any Kaisa Treks reads today?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Not today. You'll have to stay tuned for the next Kaisa Treks there. There's also a j emote that's floating around there sometime. I know that too. Also, not quite eleven strikeouts, but ten Logan Gilbert three runs, ten k's over five incredible adding from him and Shane Boz, young starting pitcher from the Tampa Raised. There you've got Shane bos with ten strikeouts, that's a career high for him, six innings in a win over the Pirates. So Bo's a guy that a lot of people have expectations for. You know, you have Boz, you have Pepio eventually, you hope a healthy returning Shane McClanahan. This Rai's rotation again is right back in that driver's seat. It is amazing what they can do in terms of acquiring young pitchers in trades and what they do growing young pitchers too. The Rays continue to just be that model there where just pitching happens in Tampa.
Speaker 2: Did you see too that the Rays trolled the Pirates with this big graphic of like here the starters the Pirates could have had, and it was you know, Tyler Glass. Now Garrett Shane Boz was one of those. But you know, Boz not to like get too like focal on this because who cares that the things that I was thinking about doing. Boz was another one of those, just because we've seen a lot of lack of discipline from the Pirates. This was one of those where I was like, man, the strikeout potential could be interesting, but it was a little wonky in spring. But curveball was ridiculous. He ended up having eighteen called strikes and whiffs fifty three percent CSW percentage. It looked absolutely elite and it was in the zone. His fastball looked really good as well. It was you know, setting up the curve and the slider was there. Very very encouraged by that start. I still think you need to cautiously like walk around with that one, but very good. And I'll say on the other end, poor Thomas Harrington, Thomas Harrington, get the get to him. Yeah, was not the great start that the rookie was hoping in the pirates lower here, but shame bo is definitely taking a tier up and you know, teams with like lower half of discipline, he's going to be probably a phenomenal starter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Next up here, Suarez stays hot for the d Backs. You Heneo, fifth homer of the year, unbelievable. Here d Max who eventually beat the Yankees seven on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Did you know that he has five hits on the season? There are only homers. It's it, that's all that he has. Did you know also that you can get like a total base prop of two total bases for almost two to one today? I mean, I guess you know it's only got five hits, but they always go extra base. Johnnil Swarez is on a thing right now. Who would you rather have rest of season right now? Johannio Swarz or Alex Bregman.
Speaker 1: I'll still take Bregman. I swore as just so streaky over his career, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Got struggling power. I get it, I get.
Speaker 1: But I expect a bregman. I struggle to You know, anybody who's a free agent new place, they tend to not off. Getting off the good stars is typically not what happens. But someone got paid yesterday too, and it was a Padre. So Michael Cally, our producer, very happy about this. Jackson Merrill goes from Welsh's pick for rookie in the year last year to a nine year, one hundred and thirty five million dollar extension. Look, this is a great idea by the Padres. You lock him up. What are you gonna do? Show us one of your balls? Is that what you're gonna do?
Speaker 2: I am going to I'm going to show you one of my balls.
Speaker 1: Though, well, I mean, you got so many balls around so I figured you'd just this is not.
Speaker 2: A Kisa Treks. This is not a Kaisa Treks.
Speaker 1: Read.
Speaker 2: No, what I'm going to show you is the infamous Jackson Merrill plus seventeen hundred card. That that is his.
Speaker 1: Strange and no reflectye right now, Oh there you go. That's better.
Speaker 2: That's there is very reflective. Sorry, there it is Jackson Merrill. He inscribed his Rookie of the Year odds, and that.
Speaker 1: Is I wish the heat he won that that would have been great. You know what, it's even better that he didn't because he believed it. There you go. Uh so Meryl very smart. You've got Tattisse locked up. You got Meryl locked up. You know you've You've got CC, you got kid, You've got a core there. Machada's gonna start to age out eventually, but h good job by here the padres kind of locking up your young superstar. Also speaking of young superstars, Casey Myz five and two third shutout innings, six strikeouts beats the Mariners Again, Mariners still can't hit. So Casey Mice once upon a time was one of these Camp miss pitching prospects. He had a really good spring. Uh are we looking at Casey Myz Finally on the rides?
Speaker 2: We are we one hundred percent are I'll be honest with you, I would love it. I don't know if one of our guys can run the poll. I would love to have a poll up on YouTube. Maybe we can run for three or four minutes of Alex Bregman versus Suarez. On a smaller element of it, there's kind of you know, we're talking positively about Shane boz. I love what I saw out of Casey Mice fifteen swinging whiffs, and that was in a game where Logan Gilbert was absolutely dominant. Twenty two swing and wifs ten strikeouts, does what he does. But Casey mis went primary fastball, slider splitter, which that's a very very good combo. Last year he was thirty five percent fastball, twenty nine percent slider, eighteen percent slitter splitter. Be careful about that. Splitter was up a tiny bit more. It was one of the most ridiculous swing and with pitches it was vintage. Why he was the number one overall pick. I'm I'm kind of in on Casey mys and I think there might even be an argument. Maybe my is over a guy like Boz. So where I moved dore up that I'm not say were there, but we're close.
Speaker 1: I'm not there. But that's that's a very hot take, Welsh. That is on a Wednesday, a very hot take here. Also, here's a question here where we try to take your questions. Also, Dez has a question, what do a casus you hold? You hold? You wait? Eventually things will turn around. Boston offense, you know, not doing so hot right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that. Also, we cannot nothing slides in this show. In this chante. It was Kaisa Trex yesterday, the day before it was the Jay on the Names. Today it's apparently my new pitch, the slitter, that everybody.
Speaker 1: Is well well, I mean, I was hoping you wouldn't, you know, go back to it, but you did. I thought we if you want to get past that, I'll create a grip for it in the in the realm of i' letna see if I can make this transition things that should never be seen or heard from. There was a list yesterday that went out and I know these are click baity lists and I hate that, but damn Police Act of MLB network likes to put out these lists of the best starting pictures. Now. I know the caveat here was April first, right, that was the okay, as of April first year, is the best pictures in baseball. But if we're gonna say the best pictures in baseball to me, you better still add in the best pictures in baseball. Zach Gallon not on this list. Spencer Schreider who is on his way back not on this list.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I get it. It's all these guys who've pitched now, but even the order of this is frickin' yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's even about the guys that didn't make it. I think it's about number twenty four on this list, Marquez, or in the.
Speaker 1: Top twenty five, just saying, and Nick Pavetta, I know he had a nice start. I love Jeffrey Springs, but this is so silly. I mean, Mackenzie gore at sixteen just because he had one really great outing against the Phillies and all of a sudden, the sixteenth best pitcher in baseball. I mean, the Bryce Miller is arguably the third best picture on his own team potentially.
Speaker 2: I don't this looks like the Shredder. You've seen those shredder things where oh yeah, yeah, but at.
Speaker 1: Least that's numbers based, and I understand that, like there is, there is tangible stuff there.
Speaker 2: What numbers is the shredder using It's like little it's like preschool, just little wine three A. It's not I don't know what that is. This is the human version of the shredder here, and it's it's I'm Brady Singer, Brady Singer being a better pitcher than Logan Webb, Chris Sanchez, Max.
Speaker 1: Aaronola Corbyn burns that on this list, I mean, there's a lot of guys. The comments section, though, is what I run to when I see this list, because let's take a look at some of the fun comments here. These are two of my favorite ones. I just kind of picked them out here. Eric Butler writes, Spencer Strider is still alive. I love that, Yes, he is still alive. And then just incredible Dan Pleisak would get owned in Fantasy Baseball.
Speaker 2: Yes it wasn't just incredible ECW wrestler.
Speaker 1: He was ECW wrestler. I had a little cup of coffee in the WCW I believe as well. And I want to say did have a cup of coffee when they redid ECW also back in the day. For more wrestling, check out my latest in This Ring podcast coming out today, like that little drop there. Also, we have some live look footage two on the off day of Raffaeld Dever's BP so I want to show that to everybody too. See if we could pick out some of the things that are going well for him maybe going a little bit better for Raffield Devers. So let's pull this up. So here we go. It's not going well.
Speaker 2: I mean this swings looking it's faster. That swing is looking faster. Get it, Rocky.
Speaker 1: I agree that the.
Speaker 2: The that's a good. He's like he's trying to like shovel. This is a good. I really like the end of it. Hold on, This is my favorite part right here. This is where the bat speed comes in. Oh and another one, another one, Martin.
Speaker 1: It flies.
Speaker 2: It is an I will say this. Mark Durosa did a breakdown like a five minute video on MLB Network I thought was really really good and it showed some of the difference that we're gonna we could probably pull this down.
Speaker 1: That's enough humiliate hitting Raphael never for now at.
Speaker 2: Least, or you know what, maybe the whole show will be like that, so oh hi or dark. But he did this really interesting breakdown. We all know about the bat speed that it's down three miles per hour. I talked about it in our latest trade video, which you guys can check out on the Fantasy Pro MLB channel, Joe and I going back and forth on some trade candidates. The bats is really prevalent. A lot of people are talking about the shoulder, but in the video I highly suggested to look at it. It also shows the front side of Rafael Devers and how his legs are spread out on him, how late he is right now. They synced up these two videos, these two at bats from twenty four to twenty five, and how late Devers is to the movement and his hands at a point of explosion when the ball's coming in, his hands are still back. So not only is the bat speed worse three miles per hour, not only is there maybe a shoulder thing, he's late across the board. I still don't know what to do about it. Like I feel like if someone's selling super low, I might be kind of interested because the things are very fixable that we're looking at. But maybe they're not fixable.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's it's I don't like what I see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it's the weight in the shoulder, in the head, maybe all the eight I think it's.
Speaker 1: The shoulder strength. I think it's the mental aspect. We talked, we had a big talk about it. I don't want to take all the time out because there's a video right now on the YouTube channel. Fans for os MLB where we talked about Raffaeld Devers in depth. It's on the latest trade video, so watch that talk about oil cruise. Baley over a couple guys in there, so go check that out. By the way, speaking of checking things out, let's check out who's new sub to Twitch today? Welsh. We got some new ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got some people. We got z Purple subscribed that was a non prime subscribe. Might be the first ones. Ze Purple might be the first person just getting a good old sub he get subscribed with Prime. And we got a bunch of followers. Shout out to j Roz and I mean just just a gajillion people have signed up here, soou love that love which also the biggest shout out across is you know, think of how long we've been doing this. We're already over the fifty sub marker and we're closing in on six hundred followers, so shout out to you guys makes it we can do even more here, So we love you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Mario hot hat and mustache too for YouTube is in my card to Amazon. I'm ready to purchase it when we hit twenty five thousand, so I refused to purchase it before. I don't want to jinx it. We're getting very close, though. Beef is a question here. Raffield Dever has been a good enough job of humiliating. Would you trade for Vento's or Bregman for him? Interesting? So who would you rather have rest of season? Devs or Ventos or Bregman? That's right, I would I like Nanos, Bregman, Devers, That's right. I said it. That's my order, that's my order.
Speaker 2: I'm okay. I think it's too early to be too reactionary. I'm gonna say Devers, Bregman, Vientos. But if we don't see, if we don't see like a change that's going to happen in over the next like three weeks, it'll go Bregman, Devers, Vento's. Ventos is at the bottom of the list.
Speaker 1: I was in a conversation on the YouTube channel with somebody and I said, the problem you run into with Devers is if this is what I think it is, which is an unhappy player in a bad mood, in a new routine he's not used to do like this is hard. Edgar Bartinez, arguably the greatest DH ever to do it, talked about how difficult that transition was from being an everyday player to being in everyday DH. It was really tough for him mentally and the physical preparation of it. So that's somebody who was buying in, and this is somebody who's not buying into, who doesn't want to do it is even more difficult. The problem is you get to the All Star break, right and if things haven't turned around, is his values completely shot? To trade? You have wasted most of your season and if you're in any sort of league that has playoffs, you're really in a tough spot. Here. Let's go to MS's question or sos Smokes is gonna line up stranded with Tom Hanks on an island of vlad Westburg, Riley Paanea, James Wood, o'il Cruz, Butler, showe Otani VNP Matt Shaw. So what's the I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Is there a question in here? You trying to figure which one do you eat? Because you're on an island. I thought.
Speaker 1: You, guys, because these two meals.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have a great pickup game on that island. Tom Hanks has got to go. He's the least athletic one. So Tom Hanks has to go on your island.
Speaker 1: I guess the question? So yeah, I mean, I mean the lineup looks pretty good. I'm not sure what the question is. Let's continue on here with the rookie. Lookie, uh you mentioned him just what two days ago? Nick Kurtz, He's back at it again. Three for six, two run home or three ribi's he has knocking on the door right now, four seventy one batting average. It looks really good. Now it's PCL, So again PCL, but this might be a stash guy. Jason Dimingez. I got so many questions yesterday. What do I do with Jason Domingaz. I'm like, you'll wait, it's the first of April. What are we doing here? Guess what? Two for three his first homer, So that's good. Emiliano Teado struck out four guys, two perfect ginnings. Toyoto per Pardon me? So is this a guy to be looking at as a potential relief help for this Rangers bullpen as the season goes on. I'm not saying he's an ad I'm saying maybe he's a watchless guy.
Speaker 2: So if you I'm gonna do a very like you know, I've been saying type of thing.
Speaker 1: Like Yo Toyoto.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I followed Toyoto for a couple of years now. He was in the AFL, not this past year, the year prior and was disgusting, but then last year they stretch himut as a starter. I interviewed James Treanto's you can check Out on Prospect one and I think this was a part of that. Was on the CBS show that I was doing, and I asked Treontos about Toyoto and he said, Tooto is one of the most disgusting pitchers he had ever faced, and he was working in relief in that AFL. There's one hundred and one, has a slider that he can throw for command. But he was starting all last year. This year they've made the commitment that he's just out of the bullpen. He's a future closer right now. There is I suppose room. I don't think they would throw him right into it. Boch, he's very weird. Boch's going with Luke Jackson, So I don't think it's happening. But if you want a top list of future closer dynasties, it starts with Montgomery and Tampa Bay. That guy is going to be a top five closer in Major League Baseball once he's given the opportunity throwing one hundred lefty. He's disgusting. Tooto might be the same thing, but he's just not. He's not going to get the opportunity. But when he does again, he pumps into triple digits. He's got a great slider. He's an awesome stash. If he comes up to the majors, I don't know, take a look, because like if Chris Martin is stinking and Luke Jackson is stinking, he might get some saves, but I wouldn't pick him up in like a redraft right now.
Speaker 1: I love Toyoto though, Yeah, certainly a guy worth monitoring is a Triple A already Red Sox shortstop prospect Marcelo Mayor not to be confused with Mike mahyor one has a lot of talent, one has none. Two for four with a three run homer on Tuesday in Triple A, which brings us to today's Chasing Challenges segment here brought to you by Microsoft. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible in business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities, and Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. Just like that Freddie Freeman picture from yesterday generated by AI, I need a Freddy Freeman picture, Boom is brought to you. There you go, solution, problem solve, whatever challenges you're facing. Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. In this segment, we're going to spotlight the challenges faced by the Red Sox. Logs of young talent, because Mayor's hitting, Christian Campbell looks like a future rockstar superstar. You've got Roman Anthony who is tearing cover off the ball right now to start the minor league season. And the Red Sox, I know it's only a weekend, are finding themselves at the bottom of this division, which is extremely competitive. The Blue Jays are going to do everything they can to compete, and they have some real legitimate talent. They sign Santander in the offseason, Bashet hopefully bounces back, Vlad playing for a contract. You've got the Orioles lineup which never quits. You've got the Yankees who are always going to be the Yankees. And now this race pitching staff again, we talked to the top of the show. Race pitching staff looks very formidable, and these young kids are really coming on quickly, and that leaves the Red Sox in a precarious situation because they cannot wait too long in order to win games and fall behind, because this division is going to be very competitive. I'm not going to say they're falling behind in April and panic mode yet, but at a certain point there might have to be some hard decisions made where a guy like Rapi goes to the bench. I know a bra who's hitting right now, but is he really your future? I don't know. Yoshida eventually is gonna come back and make this even more of a mess. Potentially, trades are gonna have to be made, Decisions are gonna have to be made, and maybe if Raffield Devers doesn't want a DH, maybe somebody else does and Raffield Devers gets moved on. All I know is the Red Sox don't want to wait too long, maybe six eight weeks at most into the season before some hard decisions have to get made, and that challenge turns into an opportunity for some of these young players, and that is today's Chasing Challenges segment. Remember Microsoft AI solutions and power you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com Slash Challengers to learn more. Let's do three up, three down. Dustin May one earned run of six strikeouts five innings. Beat the Braves. Can't beat the Dodgers. I tried yesterday. I couldn't. I lost that bet Logan Webb for sale. Damn it. I still couldn't beat the dam one six.
Speaker 2: I think the only winless team in baseball right now.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous, unbelievable. The Logan Web delivered a great performance Tuesday over the Astros. One run, five hits over seven innings at Nadi Evaldi. What a star from hit you know, Nadi Avaldi an incredibly underrated asset going into the year. Third career shutout Tuesday, shut out the Reds in ninety nine pitches too. So that was like Greg Maddox like.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Yeah, he was incredible. I mean, would have loved a tiny bit more run support for my run line of one point five on the Rangers. They won one to nothing. But Evaldi has been fantastic. We're seeing strikeouts, we're seeing consistency. He is going to be a super super sneaky back into the rotation push because most people probably got him as an SP five might even potentially Look, I just throw it out there, like if someone is just really vying for someone that's going to push innings and stuff, maybe there's a trade side of it, because you know, midyear, I think we're going to tap her back down a little bit. But there's a really big value for players that can push innings, especially early on in the season as much as he did. And this team is gonna win a lot with the Rangers. So Ivaldi definitely on an arrow tick up.
Speaker 1: So do Braves get a win first or Devors gets a hit first? It's a fun question. That's a good something good to the show. Thank you.
Speaker 2: How cool would it be if it was the Braves versus the Red Sox and it like we can schedule when does that happen?
Speaker 1: I am that would be very dangerous. It's a proposition both Anthony's if we wait that long. But I'm gonna say Matt Braves get a win first. That's what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: Braves are at the Dodgers. I'm gonna say Devers gets the hit. I'm gonna say Devers gets a hit today against Eflyn. I'm gonna go with that because the Braves have got the Dodgers again.
Speaker 1: So okay, drop it in the comments, everybody. I want to know, Braves win, Devors hit, which happens first? Let us know? All right? With the ups come the downs. Justin Steele, we hate putting our friend on here. But four runs, six strikeouts, and six and two thirds. Severarino not good in that game either, five earn to run six strikeouts over six innings. And Thomas Harrington, who's you teased at the top of the show. It was not a great first outing for him of twenty twenty five, six runs of her four innings. I don't know how much of this start you got to see. It was major league debut. Obviously there's gonna be nerves there. But any takeaways from that Harrington start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, not a lot of whiffs in it. Consistency was definitely a problem. His fastball. I joke about, like, you don't want fastballs to be like thirty percent zone because they're not throwing strikes. Well, he was seventy five percent zone on the fastball, so it got some stuff done, but nobody cared. The secondary's had nothing. He throws a splitter thirty five percent zone percentage, sweeper twenty two percent. He's throwing a fastball in the zone where no one has to worry about the secondaries, and they're teeing off on the fastball. He'll get better. Splitter's a really interesting pitch. You know, he deadened that thing out. It's got like that change up type of life. So it's like a really good it's a good pitch. If the sweeper he was throwing for command, he'll get there. There's some encouraging stuff, but yeah, he got.
Speaker 1: He got.
Speaker 2: He got rocked around a little bit, and welcome to the big leagues, dude.
Speaker 1: I'll go to big league son. By the way, we have clarity that that question about the lineup was, you know, do I start making changes, And the answer is no, We're a week into the season. If you have a bad week in July, nobody cares. We just go on a little crap week and we move on. But everybody if their team struggles at first week or two weeks, they freak out. If you like the players you drafted, and you did a good job drafting them, you have a team that's got all tany're like, what are you worried about? What are you worried?
Speaker 2: I make minimum I'll make minimal moves, like I get it.
Speaker 1: I've had multiple or things like okay, I've got Rafayella playing second base in the deep League and Atto Lopez on the waiver wire, like maybe that's a move I'm gonna make. Like maybe I'm gonna go make that move and see if I can catch lightning in a bottle with Lopez. That's the kind of stuff you're doing, right.
Speaker 2: I had a listener hit me up like, hey, Nica Horner's on the wire and here's my roster, and it was like, get rid of hering GIFO for Horner, Like that's fine. I've had people like really concerned about totally and it's like, well, hey, listen, if you if you're like you don't like what's going on, you want to wait it out, Okay, but remember we're not even a week into the full regular season. You don't want to sit complacent, especially if there's good, viable stuff, but to make moves just because it's like, should I blow this thing up after ford it? No, you should chill for a little bit. Let's get a couple of weeks and hopefully it's not a complete disaster. But yeah, you get Otani and stuff.
Speaker 1: You're look. I love our audience. They make me laugh. I'm gonna you know, this is a little inappropriate, but I'm gonna bring it up anyway. Dever is currently winging into two forty or the batting average of two forty. So there he goes. He hitting above his weight in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna bounce back. He hit fat Chevan.
Speaker 1: We shouldn't do that. That's not nice. We shouldn't do that.
Speaker 2: I can. I can do it.
Speaker 1: You can't, Okay, fine?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well thanks.
Speaker 1: I'm fit fat, rude. You know I can go out there and I can. I can, you know, run three miles and then I'll eat a sleeve of oreoles. I can do that. I'm fit fat, That's what I am. Although I have trimmed down significantly in the last month and a half, I try to take better care of myself here, I'm on the program, Welsh, I'm you know, working hard. When you see me in a in a couple of weeks by the way, that's like two weeks away, where well should I will be in the same place doing leading off together. That's gonna be wild the first time ever?
Speaker 2: Did you know? Did you know that this was brought to my attention? Something we should do? And I think it's an incredible idea. What if we did like a home run derby together and we much filmed it as something we should do. Something that torpedo bat, well, torpedo, I don't know a torpedo bat.
Speaker 1: I'll even hit with the wood if you got it, would I don't care. I'll be ready, Simon. Let me know. I'm not going to travel with the bat. That's going to be a pain in the ass. But if you've got the.
Speaker 2: Bats, yeah, I don't play. I'm not asking you to bring a bat on the plane we'll be going.
Speaker 1: I usually do because I'm Italian. We just travel with bats and other things. But you know, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: So look out, maybe we'll do that.
Speaker 1: Be on the lookout for my playbook too. If you want to manage all your lineups, all your teams in one spot. My playbook is for you. Download the app wherever you get your apps, or go to fantasypros dot com slash MLB my playbook. Get all of the baseball news for your teams, your players, rankings analysis, it's all there on my playbook. And remember you get set your lineups all from one spot with one app to rule them all. It's my playbook for MLB. Let's get to the injuries here. Yankees Aaron Boone told reports that Clark Schmidt is going to make his season debut on April fifteen or sixteen against the Royals. He's not sure yet, he'll figure it out. Bad news for Raynaldo Lopez guy always fading anyway off the brilliant twenty twenty four that kind of came out of nowhere. He's gonna miss at least a couple of months, maybe even the season with the shoulder surgery. So we'll keep an eye on that. Get you more updates when we know. Brian Bao charged with four runs and two thirds of two and two thirds of an inning or two and a third innings. Excuse me, a triple A and then Edward Cabrera working his way back from that blister one run over three innings. I know your boy Lance was really high on Cabrera. So is that somebody you're speculating on anywhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Martins pitches look kind of good right now. It's stream, It's it's strictly stream though.
Speaker 1: I mean I was pretty good last night.
Speaker 2: You know, well, yeah, I mean our contrad looks phenomenal.
Speaker 1: But contra Biock, we've got Cabrera possibly, you know.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, there's some other guys, some other one. Yeah, he's a streamer again like him. You know, higher strikeout teams. The Marlins are being sneaky. All credit to them with how much I was dogging on them. Their offense is doing some stuff, you know, Stours at the top, be Zavor Edwards is a super tough out. It's a weird constructed goofy team. But they are having tough at bats. They're scoring a few runs. So by virtue of that, a guy like Cabrera, if he can hold down an offense, great, Now, don't start him against the Braves and stuff like that. But pirates, you know, a high strikeout team yeah, Canbert could be a good streamer.
Speaker 1: I think we get cousin Donnie out there throwing some VP to us, we get an l screen and we go out there and do I mean, I don't know, I don't know what the.
Speaker 2: Field situations are, but I mean, oh, we got Arizona, baby, their fields left to I might be able to get us on the Royals facility in their stadium.
Speaker 1: Right now when I'm ready to go, this old fark can still hit. I don't want to run around the bases anymore, but I can still hit. How do you feel about streaming Birke today against the Twins? I feel good about it, tell you truth, because.
Speaker 2: I know Twins. I would I would probably normally be maybe a little bit of trepidacious, but the Twins have just been like, really really bad to start this season. You've got some obviously like strikeout issues there and offensive issues. So yeah, Burke looked really good. I would be cool with it.
Speaker 1: All right, So we're on board there, two for two on that one. Let's get to our favorite segment too, because Welsh it's time for the.
Speaker 2: Best Bets of the day.
Speaker 1: With Joey p and the Welsh. Let's take a look at these for me. Hunter Green over on the strikeouts over six and a half k's and then oh now the Jay's back, Zach wheelsher how jiafaja is a high number. Yes, it's eight and a half, but the jay is returned, it's there again, eight and a half k's over. I think you can get to ten today in this matchup minus one ten Shoey Altani total basis, let's go over one and a half at minus one fifteen and Cody Bellinger to hit home run today. I know you've had your questions about Zach Gallan, and I have some questions about Cody Bellinger's torpedo bat. But plus eight hundred that's a big number for Cody b to go yard here. So I like that. And Welsh, where are your best bets of the day today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't hate it. I tapered back, even though I'll say this like it kills me. Yesterday, I'm one and two from yesterday. I missed the total runs by a run. I missed the run line on the Rangers by one. Process was good. Absolutely nailed Corbin Carrol on the total basis. You got that at plus one p fifty and if I had the kohonas to bet the homer, it was six to one, so hopefully you guys did I paired away. There are so many interesting prop bets today, especially in the pitching market. They're so high, They're all so high. So what I decided to do was I went with the Tigers Detroit first five money line. This is backing Tarreek Scooble to dominate through the first five push at worse or I'm hoping to take that win. And I went with a Nerfy today.
Speaker 1: Paul Skiing, what did you go with a Niffrey?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we have the nerd.
Speaker 1: No freaking runs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no runs. First inning Pittsburgh Tampa Bay, Ryan Pepio and Paul Skeen's The Pirates offense has been a little squirrely. I love Paul Skins to dominate the Rays. It is a heavy juice play, but it is the one that I like the most. So I'm playing a little bit easy on the card here today. Might add a couple. I got one of the little like strikeout thing on the betting pros app but again I'm still trying to get my feet under it. So first five Detroit and Pittsburgh Tampa Bay Murphy for me.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the home run board today because it's time. I still can't get on that bad boy. Uh so we're up the six still at the day.
Speaker 2: This is disgusting. This disgusts me, and I want this fixed immediately. I am at three homers. We didn't put me. Look at what that says there? Sure one one other is me. I should be ten on this board. Corbyn Carroll smashed a homer. Disgusting the hate and the.
Speaker 1: Disrespect you did get the Carrol. Wow, you're a good start. I have been a great start.
Speaker 2: I should be ten.
Speaker 1: Everyone gave me crap last year because I have any home runs and I started taking you know, Judge and Otani. So today I'm gonna take Otani. That's right, That's what I'm gonna do. Shoey ol Tani two to one for a home run, give me a show. Hey, and you're going with a torpedo boy, aren't you.
Speaker 2: I am going Look at Mike Marriers saying I support Welsh being the plus one. I am the plus one that fixed for tomorrow. I want to I don't know how often I'm gonna be on that board. This year. Yeah, I'm gonna go with Ellie day La Cruz and the torpedo bat. That is a very very early game in here. But Ellie, actually I think it actually might be going on here in just one second. But Jack Lighter obviously, when that fastball sits around the zone, I think Ellie's gonna turn on it. And so yeah, get me, Ellie, get me four on the board. So they don't even have a choice but to put me on the thing tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Dang it, that'd be amazing, right, Mike. What if this was your one opportunity? What if like you always were behind and then you were just one other It's very like the season. I mean, that'd be amazing, Hope, I don't know today.
Speaker 2: By the way, Ellie is almost three and a half to one on FanDuel right now, three plus three for a home run call.
Speaker 1: Like the li call out. Now, We've got a lot of bonus baseball for you today, So I know baseball's going on right now. We've already started some games. Games are going on. However, you can continue to get questions answered two places on our discord where you can also make your home run calls. Fantasypros dot Com slash Chat, join our discord because the Welsh and Joel Rico are going to be there cleaning up after the show today. That's a one eastern right, so you can hang out with those guys, talk a little baseball, get your questions answered, and then if you want more questions answered, head to our YouTube channel because on YouTube four pm Eastern subscribe, but you can't ask a question if you don't subscribe. Ring the Belt to that goes Ding. Just in case you're busy with stupid life things like work or errands, or your kids and family and all that stuff, well the worst. Don't miss it Ring the Belt to the goes Ding. Subscribe to the channel four pm Eastern to Q and A with joeyp and the Welsh will be on there. We'll take your questions for about an hour or two. It's trades, if it's lineups, if it's you know, just life, anything you could think of, we'll be ready to tackle it again. That's every Wednesday hear in season for us too, So for those missing us live on the YouTube channel, don't freak out. We'll be there. So be there with us today and every Wednesday for that chat. Also before we go today sad news passing of an incredible actor. You know, I know a guy who you know, maybe wasn't always well liked in certain circles too in the Hollywood world, maybe a controversial person at times, but as an actor, Val Kilmer was about as good as it gets. Tombstone one of my all time favorite movies, and his portrayal of Doc Holiday possibly my top three performances ever by an actor. He didn't get nominated even by a for an Academy Award for that or for Jim Morrison in The Doors, which he was incredible in that too. It's sad. I knew he had been ill for a long time. He had cancer, he had issues in a passing way of pneumonia, but incredible career heat, top gun. You know, the list goes on and on. I know he played Batman two and others. Some people liked it, some people didn't. But Tombstone is one of those movies for me, Well, if it's on, I'm watching it period. End of story and the Holliday just all time great. So many incredible lines and moments in that movie. Any Val Kilmer performance for you stand out more than another.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that the Jim Jim Morrison went. It was actually I liked his performance so much. I was like, man, Jim Morrison, I got like obsessed with the doors and my very like elitist uncle who's a music guy, like would shame me for being like Jim Morrison's just a dirt bag and the like, Like Jim Morrison was like some pop singer or something like that. But I love that movie and just loved his portrayal. Obviously, Tombstone is great, lots of great Val Kilmer stuff. Just sad that whatever that, the sickness and stuff that was dealing, we just didn't see him. We didn't see him for a long Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had trouble speaking. I think it was the cancer and stripped away his vocal cores and throats. Even in the Top Gun movie. In the last one, you know, he couldn't you know, he barely could get those words out there. But I don't want to leave everybody on dowbt note, it's sad we celebrate a legend. Go watch a cool Val Kilmer performance today. But in case you are looking to spend some money today and have some fun, check these out. The new action figures Joey p and the Welsh are available, so it's me Joey P. It comes with a black book. Welsh of course comes with the ball. I don't know if it's autographed with somebody, but he's always taking his ball out to show everybody. So these are available right now on the shop, I.
Speaker 2: Think, and Welshism sold separately. Yeah, you can't buy Welshism sold separ camp. So it's got the same We got the same shirt on today. Guess available.
Speaker 1: I say you are wearing the shirt.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing the actual shirt. I don't have the hat on here. It is Joey P and Welsh Action figures coming to a store to you microphones, Baseball's black books. No Welshisms, get them today, my friend, Welshism's sold separated.
Speaker 1: There you go, leaving on a high note. That's what we like to do here. All right, that'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh I'm Joey P. We'll see it next time. Kids. Enjoy your baseball.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB