Speaker 1: Speaks to the planet. I go by the name of Charlamagne of God and guess what, I can't wait to see y'all at the third annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. That's right, We're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia, Saturday, April twenty six at Poeman Yards and it's hosted by none other than Decisions, Decisions Man, DyB and Weezy. Okay, we got the R and B Money podcast. We're taking Jay Valentine. We got the Woman of All Podcasts with Saray Jake Roberts. We got Good Mom's Bad Choices. Carrie Champion will be there with her next sports podcast, and the Trap Nerds podcast with more to be announced. And of course it's bigger than podcasts. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses plus the food truck court to keep you fed while you visit us. All right, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tapp in and grab your tickets now at Black Effect dot Com Flash Podcast Festival.
Speaker 2: Joys.
Speaker 3: I'm a homegrow that knows a little bit about everything and everybody, you know, if.
Speaker 4: You don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in hot.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, what's up. It's Laura l Rosa and this is the Latest with Laura l. Rosa, which is your daily dig into everything pop culture, news, breaking, exclusive, but for real, for real. The conversation is that shake the room. I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody. We decided on the name, want to reveal it at the end of the episode, so y'all stay locked.
Speaker 4: But y'all know how we start off.
Speaker 3: With a little you know, grinding check in because it look it gets a little real.
Speaker 4: Patrick, We checking in how you feeling? Let me give my regular voice song because last time you was cutting up. Let me just talk regular, all right? So, dang, what am I feeling?
Speaker 3: How you feeling today? I'm feeling accomplished, accomplished. I like that you sit and you think about it.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: I do like that because I feel like you're not just like throwing answers back at me. You actually are thinking about how you feel in real Timmey, you're saying it, why do you feel accomplished?
Speaker 4: Patrick?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like I do have some doubters and just sticking with what my passion is and just just kind of just moving forward with it, taking all the punches and just moving forward and just staying with it.
Speaker 4: And I think that's why.
Speaker 3: Feel and progressing and you know what I mean, and seeing a growth of yourself. I'm gonna tell you right now, the hate be hating, okay, like it be happening. And you know what's crazy is I feel like people have always said to me, like people want you to do well, but they don't want you to do better than them. And I ain't never I never felt that, but now I kind of see It's like okay, but I also feel like too, It's like when you come from that mean where it's like I was raised in love, so I could never be a hater.
Speaker 4: I show too much love for you to be a hater. All of that that like that that should.
Speaker 3: Live with you when you think about your naysayers, your daughters and all of that. And for me, I don't really sit in that like you might get me. I might be mad for a good like day or two, you know what I'm saying, But after that, I'm like, Okay, bet heards you. Because when you spend that black baby, it's gonna cost you. It's bust that you turn. It's gonna cost you Okay, like that that fuels me. It makes me get creative, it makes me you know it just I don't know, it makes me up it. So I hope Patrick, that's how you feel. And I'm happy that you feel accomplished because you're doing a great job and we are learning and doing in road time. But the beauty of that too has been we've been able to, you know, start showing our process in real time, and I think for young creators that are, you know, figuring this all out. My platform has always been about transparency. It's always been about Yo, I don't got this all figured out. I'm moving, I'm grooving. I'm sticking and moving. I just happen to be good at what I do. So doors are opening, but when I get in those doors, a lot of times I'm having to like feel my way to the light switch first time, first time, or I did that with college, I'm doing it here with this you know podcast.
Speaker 4: I'm a new podcaster.
Speaker 3: So we just got the green light officially and kind of got our understanding of what our flow should be to be able to post videos this same day that the audio goes live, which is a game.
Speaker 4: Changer, drop a bomb for the game changers.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we are looking for a backup editor to help Patrick out. So if you're in the New York area, and yes, I know it can be done digitally, but I want someone here in New York. I think because of how timely things need to be, how much content we're shooting, I need to be able.
Speaker 4: To pull up on you and drop off a hard drive if we need to.
Speaker 3: Baby, I ain't trying to, you know what I'm saying, like, yeah, we are looking for that. But for me, I think I'm feeling because I know how i'meeling. I can't put it into one word, but I'm feeling like I just got back to school all over again. Like I feel like I just walked into class homeroom for the first time freshman year, first day of school, and I don't know if you remember freshman year, high school, freshman year of college, that first day you feel so like your eyes are so open wide and it's like, oh my god, like you're ambitious, you're ready to go, like you're That's how I feel. I feel that way because I think I've done some pretty cool interviews at this point. We've done and we are doing, and there's so much more to come, some really fun stuff. But I'm so big on like I just want to make sure, like I pray to God, like I literally pray that God keeps me like in a place of like focus, because as the brand grows, there's gonna be a lot of all that fun stuff, a lot of the glitz and the glamour. But like, for what I do, I have to like sit down, do the work. I create newsroom hours for myself because I need to do the work. I need to call people, I need to watch what's going on all that good stuff. So I'm feeling like I just checked back into school because I felt myself kind of getting too caught up in the brand of brand, the brand of brand, and I'm you know what I'm saying, boom bringing on back baby.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: So that's how I'm feeling today. So I think we're both feeling really good feelings. Absolutely, let's get on into some things today. In the latest, you know, we have some updates. You know, your girl love taking y'all of court, a lot of take y'all a court. So first on the docket, we have to be honest with y'all. This is probably one of the most interesting updates that I've done on Diddy in some time, and it's not really much of an update. So earlier today reporter legal reporter Megan Cunif I follow her on Twitter, you should as well. She tweeted a document from the court that explained how Brian Steele, Young Thug's attorney and we talked about this was officially put on record in Diddy's case for Diddy's defense.
Speaker 4: Now, this this is a big deal. When we talked about this.
Speaker 3: Last I told you guys, what how big of a deal and how great this would be for a puff if this were to happen. Basically, that means that a judge is saying, Brian Steele has done everything at missions wise, so he's legally submitted everything he needed to submit to be able to show that he can come and stay the night over the attorney's homes in the Southern District of New York. So it's called it's something called pro hag vice, and that just means that as a non local attorney, he's gonna be able to work with the other local attorneys in ddd's case to help figure this whole thing out and to be able to represent Puff big deal here because Brian still is damn good at what he does. Okay, but when this document was posted by Megan qniv earlier today, I was like, Okay, well that's good, but like you could be put on record and he could still decide not to go forward. Money checks cannot clear, Like, there's a lot of things that can prevent you from officially being retained. So I reached out to a source close to the situation, was very familiar with all the inside workings of these things, who confirmed to me that Brian still has been officially retained. And when I say officially retained, my next immediate question to them was, so is he already working with the attorneys like he's clocked in. They made it clear and attorney does not do all of this. And when they say all of this, they mean go through the process of getting cleared admissions wise, so submitting the paperwork and having the conversation and the back and forth with the court so that the court can say, hey, you're allowed to come on over here. Yeah, you can come over here. You can sit with us, and here are the rules when you sit with us. An attorney does not do that unless their plan is to get active the minute the first day outside get active. So I'm told that Brian still has already been strategizing with Puff's team since the moment he was cleared admissions wise. Now, Puff does have a court case today Friday. In court, they're going to be having enough couple of conversations. They're going to be talking about whether his case is able to be pushed out two months or not. If not, he goes to court in a few weeks, they're going to be able to talk about, you know, this Cassie video and whether this video is going to be able to be used in court as evidence or not. They're still hung up on that because what Puff's team is saying is that the video. They're still arguing that the video was like distorted, it was an edited version, you know, all.
Speaker 4: Of those things.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, the prosecution is saying, no, CNN had an original copy of this video, which is what we use. Puff's team is saying, well, bring in a specialist. Let's have someone go through and look at this video. So all of those things are gonna be talked about in court, right, So my next question was, well, is Brian still gonna be in court on Friday they could not answer that question for me. But Brian still does not show up to court because what I predict what happened is that Puff's team is gonna get granted more time, so they'll get those two months to prepare their case, and in preparing their case, Brian still will really hone in, get way more familiar, and then he'll pop out after that period. I also predict that he's gonna kind of lead strategy within this, but I.
Speaker 4: Couldn't confirm that.
Speaker 3: I did try and confirm that and couldn't confirm that, but it would make so much sense, especially after what we just saw him do with Young Dub. I also did too acts if you know, if there was any response from Puff, how is Diddy feeling about Brian still being brought onto this case. Did not get an answer to that, but I will have that answer for you guys. But I can say that I was told that the team themselves, you know, the full legal team, it's super excited, and that Brian still after you know, being briefed on everything, kind of you know, just just a bit in order enough to know if he wanted to take the case or not. He is very optimistic that Puff is.
Speaker 4: Going to be a free man. And that's a big statement.
Speaker 3: Now, let's talk about predictions real quick when it comes to what I think Brian Steele will lean in on and you know what the strategy will be. But specifically for him, I think one of the things I mentioned this in the last episode will be the the you know, the no evidence presented. But I think the way that he's going to do it is instead of being like, there's no evidence, there's no evidence, there's no evidence, it's going to be like his rights were violated. He was put through ABC and D as a high profile man, a wealthy man, like you know what I'm saying, and because of that, here's everything he lost, here's everything that was damaged, and there was no evidence presented this whole time. I think Brian Steell is really good at making the people that he represents look like human beings.
Speaker 4: But I think that that's one of the things he's going to try and do.
Speaker 3: I also think that he's going to really hone in on this Cassie video. I think that he is going to, you know, just again make it a point of Okay.
Speaker 4: We saw the video.
Speaker 3: My client has apologized, but that has He's not being charged for what we saw in this video. And I think Puff's attorneys tried to do that. Mark Agnefilio tried to do that in the beginning, but he wasn't successful at it, and I think it's because his approach in the court it just wasn't strong, like you didn't even believe him. And I also feel like Puff was advised wrong from the beginning on that video when it came to like him acting like it didn't happen, you know, the way that.
Speaker 4: The apology was set up.
Speaker 3: So this will be a fresh start to build a different narrative around that video.
Speaker 4: Now, don't get me wrong, that video is so disgusting.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it will happen, but I think because of the attorney that I know Brian still to be, he's going to not try and minimalize what we see at all. He's going to make sure that Puff knows he needs to be very empathetic about what we see. He's going to make sure that the court understands that Diddy's team understands what they saw. And it's also very empathetic to that because it did not come off that way. It came off as this man who was super powerful and super rich who does not care about anything, and his team is following right behind him. When it comes to that. Brian still is damn good. But baby, he got his work cut out for him. If he is able to clear Diddy in this case, this will probably be one of the biggest he got off since OJ Simpson. Let's talk about that online. Y'all tweet me about that. Instagram me about that. How do y'all feel? Next topic, Drake's legal team is using the biggest stage known period as their best witness in this whole defamation lawsuit against Universal Music Group. So Drake filed a complaint a while back, and just twenty four maybe forty eight hours ago, Drake amended that complaint. Drake points at the fact that this Super Bowl halftime where Kendrick Lamar performed, was one of the most viewed halftime shows of all time, with over one hundred and thirty three million people watching across platforms too, television, streaming, you know, anywhere you could get it.
Speaker 4: The people was eating it up.
Speaker 3: They called this Super Bowl performance an assassination of character of another artist, and the reason why and how they're positioning it is actually really smart I think Drake is on to something with this one. I don't think it's going to change the way people view him and his people think he's a whiny baby. Is giving light skin real quick, like that's how people feel about this. I don't think it'll change that, but eagerly I think he's onto something. So what he's saying is that So what he's saying is that because Kendrick Lamar had to not say pedophile on the super Bowl stage, there's no way that these brands involved cannot say that's the feminatory. There are multiple brands, Like when you make the decision to perform the super Bowl, there's a ton of different people who like help you decide things. This is something that has been happening with the super Bowl for years and years and years where the week of, almost I believe it's a day of, they do run through a performances, They check set list, they you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 3: They want to make sure that legally everything complies. So Drake's attorneys were really smart and basically saying, hey, wait, so y'all saying that this man can't say this on y'all stage. He can't put y'all in harms way or in danger. But he can say it on a song. Kendrick Lamar can say this on the song and y'all gonna push it and y'all gonna promote it. And when we say to y'all at oh, you know, Drake's house was shot up and they're leg that it was because of the song, or when they mentioned Drake had to take his son out of school because he didn't feel like it was safe, or he had to move his baby mom's out of where she was staying because he didn't feel like it was safe, all of these things because of a song that claims something.
Speaker 4: Allegedly.
Speaker 3: It's like, y'all don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just upset that I lost a rat battle. But I would go as far as to say even Kendrick Lamar, Kendrick Lamar made a very obvious choice not to say that.
Speaker 4: He teased it, you're.
Speaker 3: Really gonna do it, You're really gonna do like he knew you know what I'm saying, But he didn't say the word. He didn't say the word pedophile. Everybody was tipt on because they didn't want to end up in lawsuits. And I think what Drake's team is trying to say is hmm, I wonder why I think Drake is on and.
Speaker 4: Something with this one.
Speaker 3: But yes, so our next story we still in court, I promise y'all. We almost off the docket. Okay, the updates are almost done, done doone. Our third topic is Meg, because Meg thea Stallion wants Tory Lanes to get in trouble again.
Speaker 4: Okay, Megan is not playing with Tory Lanes.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is like a calculated like eventually he's gonna run out of money for attorneys and can't fight back and he's gonna sit down and be quiet soon, or if you know, legally they're just like I mean, it's it's her. She got one of the biggest, baddest teams, you know what I'm saying, Like she coming out the rock Nation gates and swinging. But yeah, she wants them to get in trouble again. And I'm all, key not mad at this one. Today. I need to have a conversation with y'all about conduct and a deposition. Okay, So a deposition is when you know you're sat down by attorneys from the opposing side, you know what I mean? So the ops their attorneys sit you down, y'all have a conversation. They ask you some questions because they're trying to get more information. The information that they get a lot of it sometimes can be used as evidence. It can be used as a way for them to strategize, like it's just you're laying everything out on the table, y'all basically coming to each other as a woman, okay with the receipts. So, when that conversation happened with Tory Lanes and Megda Sillion's attorneys, because megde Stallion had asked for Tory Lane to be deposed while he is locked up, while he's still incarcerated in the lawsuit that she has against a blogger who she claims that famed her because this blogger was allegedly paid by Tory Lanes to do so. The judge said, okay, he can be deposed, they can have the conversation. But baby megda science team to file something that said when they got there and they started doing it, it was insane. They described Tory Lane's deposition as disruptive, inflammatory, and inconsistent. They said in the documents that it was so bad that even Tory Lane's counsel had to disavow the deposition. So what they're saying is that even his ley with counsel was like, yo, bro, come on, dog, you're tripping. So because of this team was like, okay, Judge, we want to put y'all on notice that this is what happened. We mated our money, we wasted our time, and because we wasted our money in our time, he should be held in contempt of court. So let us know why we shouldn't feel like that and why we shouldn't move forward with pressing for that to happen from you guys, from the judge, like from the court.
Speaker 4: So the judge is like, okay, taking a look at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, based on everything I'm seeing here, let's move forward with this. I'm gonna allow for you guys to put this on record in the court. I'm gonna give Tory Lane some time. So Tory Lane has until April thirty, twenty twenty five, So a few weeks from now, about like two weeks from now, to come back and say no, I wasn't in contempt of court.
Speaker 4: Here's what actually happened.
Speaker 3: But baby, one thing the court don't play about is you wasting their time, their money, their resources, and you just being very like, do you know who I am? I could do what I want. They gonna make an example out of you every single time. Now, I will say I have reached out to Tory Lanez's team to see if there would be, you know, just any clarity on this from their side of it, and I was not providing anything. I did let them know that I was gonna be doing this podcast episode, I was gonna be talking about this, and I would love to have presented both sides, but we don't know from Tory Lane's side what was said what wasn't said at all. Now, if Tory Lanez is found in contempt of court for you know, these alleged actions today or the alleged these alleged actions this week in the deposition, what will happen is is, uh Meg, the science team wants Tory lane to have to pay for their attorney, their attorney fees and basically like everything they had to come out of pocket to make this happen. They like, tore you owe us money, run us our coin, No Wood and Nichols, run us our coin. And then they're gonna come back and do it again, and the second time though, they're not gonna have her team deposing him.
Speaker 4: They're like, let's get a special Master of the court. Special Master.
Speaker 3: I looked it up because I'm like, what is the special Master of the court, But I figured it was like kind of like a mediator, which it is basically a special master. Of course, an appointed neutral party. It's often an attorney or retired judge who assists a judge with specific task in a case, such as resolving different disputes, gathering evidence, or making recommendations. They are essentially a judge's helper who can perform tasks that would rather otherwise overburden a judge. So this is just a person that can come in a neutral party. So that way, you know, if if Tory felt like, you know, what he was being asked, or the conversation that was happening was very one sided, or whatever whatever made him respond to what they're a legend he did, this neutral party is basically supposed to make it where he don't feel like that and he don't go through that again because this person has no ties to either person.
Speaker 4: So hopefully second time's a charm. What we take away from this episode long It's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of information to download, y'all. I know, but I think you know you could take away that things are moving. But for me, one of the things that I've been feeling because things are moving, and we talked about this in Alive and if you with Charlotte may make sure you go check that out on the YouTube channel. I keep plugging it because it is such a good convo. It's just the pivot, the art of the pivot, and when things are moving like this, you know just how it feels and what you remember and what you tell yourself. And for me, what I've been telling myself is, Lauren, never stop talking to your younger self. Never stop talking to your younger self, Lauren, because the minute you stop talking to your younger self, you are going to tap out of that. Like innocent, I really want to, you know, do the work. I want to do good work. I want to do good period. Like don't let these things take you because they will.
Speaker 4: Be outside.
Speaker 3: We outside, we outside outside. I tweeted out what conversations are you having with your younger self right now? And y'all went off. We almost had like one hundred thousand views on this tweet. So the each hero said, my younger self never imagined I be here. I would tell her to enjoy life more, let life flow and to trust her intuition, and she'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 3: I have that conversation with myself all the time, like if I could only tell my younger self, girl, baby girl, baby girl like girl like you like, oh ah, baby girl, Like what y'all know what I'm saying, specially the black girls listening. It's like, I don't gotta say much. Y'all just understand what I'm saying because y'all know we speak through like h through like feeling. Another person tweeting I thought that this one. I was like, wow, man, it's just opinion, said, explaining to my younger self that the choices my mom made weren't poor. After all, the choices made were guided through the experience of addiction. It's okay to forgive those traumas experience because she couldn't help herself, let alone me.
Speaker 4: That was deep. Jim Liz Keaton said.
Speaker 3: The conversation that she's having with her younger self right now is you did everything you said you were going to do, put that anxiety, put that in. You did everything you said you were going to do. Put that anxiety to the back and relax. We were doing cartwheels in the park. Now, baby, I felt that on a spiritual level, bringing the church temper rines and a shot.
Speaker 4: Abu said, oooh ooh, ooh, y'd when.
Speaker 3: I tell you, I felt that, like I think when you're ambitious and you know you want certain things for yourself and you've been exposed to more, I think you get so like, oh my god, am I doing this right?
Speaker 4: And my this and my dad? Is it gonna work out? Is it gonna?
Speaker 3: But it's like now looking back, I would tell my younger self, and today I still talk to my younger self just I said, stay motivated. But I talk to my younger self just about forgiving myself for not understanding that I was hurt all along and like I had what it took all along. I think that like you cosplay right, like you do good things, and people hype you up, and people you know, the people around you love you and they fill you up. Like I was raised in so much love. I never felt anything else but that. So I never felt inadequate, and I never operated from a space of inadequacy. But there were times where I was like, Man, if this don't work, then what And I told you at the beginning of the episode, because we still in the streets in the tweets. We're still in the streets in the tweets right now. I told y'all that we had decided on the name for you guys, the community that watches us, that listens to us daily here at the Latest with Lauren La Rosa, and we have decided drum.
Speaker 4: Roll, please.
Speaker 3: The low Writers. So shout out to y'all the low writers. Make sure you comment low Writer. If you're watching this on YouTube, tweet me, instagram me. If you're a lowwriter, if you're you know, listening to this as you driving or whatever you're doing, let me know that you you with the gang, you with the mob? What was they thinking they can't play with us all twenty twenty five and beyond.
Speaker 4: I really appreciate you guys for tuning in.
Speaker 3: I tell y'all this every episode because I truly, at the end of the day, there is always a lot to talk about, and you could be anywhere with anybody, you choose to be right here with me to talk about it. So I appreciate you, guys. I'm Laura l Rosa. This has been the latest with Laura l Rosa. I am the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody bringing you all the good good.
Speaker 4: I'll see you guys in the next episode.