Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final hour in this Tuesday, Dan and the Dan Net's Dan Patrick Show. Interesting comment from the Jacksonville owner after last night's loss. We'll have that for you. Coming up, Tailgate moonshine, and it's a special offer Pumpkin spice maple tailgate moonshine. It is great wintertime in the fall. If you're tailgating, put it on ice, sit out there by the fire and it is awesome. Order two bottles or more receive a limited edition Dan Patrick Show Panini card while Suppli's last available Danpatrick dot Com. Of course, stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Next Saturday, it's college football Peacock exclusively Ohio State Michigan State in primetime only on Peacock Satan pull question for the final hour of the program on this Tuesday. That happens to be Paulie's birthday. Happy Birthday.
Speaker 3: He's got Caleb Williams.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Hey, Hey, what's poll question for the final hour?
Speaker 4: Well, let's see, for the first two hours we add why does Trevor Lawrence get a criticism Hall pass right now about forty seven forty eight percent of.
Speaker 2: The audience have no idea why.
Speaker 4: Spillover from college has about thirty one percent of the vote. Feels like a star in urban Meyer dead last in that poll question.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I mean I can blame him for some things, but I can't blame him for you know, the last eight losses in a row that Trevor Lawrence has had dating back to last season. The Jags owner Shod Khn had this to stay last month, he said this last month. Winning now was the expectation. Make no mistake, this is the best team assembled by Jacksonville Jaguars ever, best players, best coaches. Most importantly, let's prove it by winning now. Whoops, now what happens here? Can't fire your quarterback? So oh, we know what usually happens after this. Hopefully Doug Peterson is able to right the ship here after what has been a mess. Here is the Jacksonville head coach. After being blown out in Buffalo.
Speaker 5: There has to be changes, whether it's play design, personnel, everything, everything's on the table. Let's let's call it right. And those are all things that we have to you know, I have to look at we have to look as a staff and then make the make the adjustments. We have to take a look at injury. You know, tonight we had some guys injured. It could be you know, it could be moved that way. You know, it could be performance. You know, it's all things we have to evaluate as we move forward.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know how many guys you had injured. I mean they fielded the team I checked. Yes, Yeah, Buffalo has suffered quite a few injuries as well. Jaggs at the Texans and then they'll have a couple of games in London and they're the Bears. As for the Bills, undefeated, and Josh Allen is saying easy there.
Speaker 6: Want one game at a time.
Speaker 7: You don't when you don't win a super Bowl getting the playoffs with three games, and I think this team understands that. Like I said, well, we'll watch this film and put this behind us as quickly as we can. And you know, like I said, we have a really good team that we're going into and you know, we gotta be ready.
Speaker 2: I like it he's putting the brakes on this. It's like, okay, but I do think the comment that he said, hey, it's nice to have fun again and not have players worry about stats. That to me, that says a lot. That says a lot about the previous years, says a lot about this team, as they're not worried about the number one guy wanting the ball. I'm going to read between the lines here and say that's probably a dig at Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, okay, going back to the Jaguars, they made it, not been physically hurt. They might have any feelings hurt, but like, where were the injuries last night? Like who got hurt? You're right, it might have been feelings there. But I thought, and I said this yesterday, I had to get a sneaky suspicion that maybe Jacksonville wins this game. That went away quickly.
Speaker 2: I wasn't done with my first beer, and I went, ep, I'm gonna have to apologize for that on the program. All right, we're gonna play Are You In or You Out? It debuted last week to critical success. Yes, yes, I mean it was really It's one of those where other shows are probably going to pick up on this. Oh, by the way, there was a great moment last night, not for Trevor Lawrence when Demorrow Hamlin had the interception, like that was pretty cool moment there, certainly for us, but you know for his teammates, Buffalo fans, with everything that he went through, they went through that emotional rollercoaster and then he gets an interception I think pressed into service because of injuries.
Speaker 8: Yes, I did see on the social media last night. It was a sports website, popular sports website, and everybody loved that Tomorrow Hamlin got that pick last night. Even Trevor Lawrence probably wouldn't be that bothered. Look, I'm sure Trevor Lawrence is very sympathetic to Tomorrow Hamlin's physical situation. I don't think he was like, oh, you know what, that's a nice thing that he picked me up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, send flowers or candy or something not not a pass. Well, yes, all right, time to play. Are you in or you're out?
Speaker 9: Dan?
Speaker 8: It's a complex game.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, I need some music. A little louder, A little louder now little so okay, all right, here we go. Are you in or you're out?
Speaker 10: Dan?
Speaker 8: It's a complex game. I'll say a statement. You say whether you're in the only other option is you're out. There's no other options, Pritty.
Speaker 2: And what does that mean being in or out?
Speaker 8: You know what, it's a good point. We'll get to that in a minute. Here we go around the room. Jadeen Daniels is going to be a great NFL quarterback, Todd in, I.
Speaker 2: Believe, Uh yeah, I'll go in. I'll jump in on that.
Speaker 11: Marvin in Canton, whoa, whoa marmon jumping the gun because the follow up is Jaden Daniels Hall of Famer question Mark Wow.
Speaker 2: So Marvin's already in with Jaden Daniels working on his bust as we speak. Todd, Jade and Daniels, Hof.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna say yes in in Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're very lenient on this Tuesday Seatan in Canton.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be a hater. That's gonna be tough, though. Hence I'm gonna say I'm gonna say out. I'm gonna say I'm out on Hall of Fame. I'm in on him being a great quarterback. This is going to come back to bite you guys in seventeen years. Here we go.
Speaker 8: Trevor Lawrence is not going to work out. If you're in that means you agree with that.
Speaker 2: Statement, Todd in in that he's not going to work out.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's not going to get that much better, very.
Speaker 2: Complex, Okay, So in then he's not gonna work What do we mean by workout? In three years?
Speaker 8: We're talking about his career as a disappointment.
Speaker 2: Will he still be there in hair retail? Yeah? Will he be there in three years contractually? Okay, well no, not necessarily, Todd, You're out.
Speaker 10: I am in with the statement that he's going to be in trouble in the next few years.
Speaker 2: He's not going to work. In with the statement that he's out right, and good luck in trying to book Trevor Lawrence in future.
Speaker 10: I talked about his wonderful locks and his Uh so that's something.
Speaker 2: Connor, Wow, I understand locks. I underst in here.
Speaker 4: Yes see, I think in three years he'll still be there. But I think ultimately his career is it's we're going to be talking about it as being disappointed because you're never going to live up to how high the expectations were. So I'm I'm in on him being out as well.
Speaker 8: Mary, I'm in also, all right, here we go the next one, also Jaguars related. The Jaguars should reach out to Bill Belichick if this keeps going poorly. If you're in your pro Belichick for.
Speaker 2: The Jacks, I would say yes, Yes, Let's say they win one out of the next three. Are you in? That means you're in for Doug Peterson being out to bring Bill Belichick in. Yeah, I would be in on that. Yes. He can say yes is not an appropriate answer in this, then it's in or out, all right? I'm yes. Saying yes is not yes? Is in? Yes?
Speaker 8: Is anybody? Is anybody out on Belichick being tires kicked by the Jaguars.
Speaker 10: I'm out. I don't picture that happening. I don't see the.
Speaker 2: Jackson gill and do well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tires getting kicked, sure, heck yeah, but him actually going there.
Speaker 8: It's almost tire kicking season. We'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 2: Tire Wrack dot com.
Speaker 8: Ire dot com sponsoring this segment. Here's here you go a couple more. The Bills will disappoint in January.
Speaker 2: Again, What does that mean? I'm in.
Speaker 8: They will make the playoffs and not get to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I'm in on that with a quick in. I'm okay, but I don't know what disappointment mean. Let's say they got to the a FC title game. Is that a disappointment if they lose? Yes, like every losses, Well, then yeah, I'm they're going to disappoint because they're not going to the super Bowl. So yes, in I'm I'm in on them. Disappointing.
Speaker 8: Right, It's like when you test negative or a disease and it's negative. This this has a tinge of that too.
Speaker 2: But like when somebody says to me, hey, do you mind if I get a picture with you? And if I say yes, then it sounds like I'm mind what you do a picture? Yes, it happened yesterday, And mind if I get a picture? And I go I don't know how to answer that. He goes, what do you mean? I go, well, if I say yes, then it sounds like I'm mine. He goes, can I get a picture? I go yes, So you were in I was in get you know, getting a picture? Say let's do it?
Speaker 10: Why not?
Speaker 2: Thank you to I got two more? All right, here we go.
Speaker 8: Joe Burrow's hairstyle is mostly to blame for the oh and three.
Speaker 2: Start and very in I'm I'm out on that, oh damn, because I'm not gonna blame it on his hair.
Speaker 8: Are you kidding? The guy had fantastic hair. He had fantastic hair going back to Ohio State. He messes with his hair.
Speaker 2: What why? Why? I think it's the I think it's the defense that is the reason, not his hair partially them. Yes, I think it's also debatable. Joe Burrow's last haircut was great.
Speaker 8: Oh oh wow, hold on, I'm out on that.
Speaker 2: It's also debatable and great haircut. Really, you know, his wrist surgery might have something to do with this, not his hair. Fair point. Those are all fair points.
Speaker 8: I stick Okay, last one, I want you to kick this around a little bit. Now that the Oakland A's are leaving Oakland, longtime A's fans should find a new team to root for going forward. Big topic.
Speaker 2: Sure, now I'm in on that.
Speaker 10: And they were abandoned.
Speaker 2: Well now they go to Sacramento unless you're going to root for them in Sacramento.
Speaker 8: So you're you're an as fans. You giving your whole life to them, you've supported them when they didn't spend any money, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But Paulie, this is the really, this is the city of Oakland that I feel bad for because Golden State's not there. The Raiders aren't there. Now, the A's aren't there. I mean, what do you do if you're a sports fan in Oakland that you've lost your team? Now, granted Golden State is just in San Francisco, but still they left Oakland. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like that's the thing that I've really like come around to think about with especially a team like Oakland, if you're if you're leaving.
Speaker 2: There's so much civic.
Speaker 4: Pride sometimes wrapped up in fandom, not necessarily in a lot of sports, Like you could live in Connecticut and be a fan of the Patriots, but for some places it's like, no, this is like part of our identity, this is who we are.
Speaker 2: And then you're just gonna.
Speaker 4: Leave because we're not giving you enough money for a new stadium and you're gonna take your billions of dollars somewhere else. I'm out. I'm one hundred percent out. I'm like burn the ground as they leave. I'm out.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of you sorry, go ahead, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Point I think there's a lot of A's fans that agree with this because that faux letter by their owner. I'm sorry, here's all the ways I try to stay here, which worth it's all fake. He's trying to blame others on his way out.
Speaker 2: Look, I think he made a great business decision to go to Vegas. I get it, I understand it, but don't make it seem like you did everything possible. You're a billionaire. Could you have made concessions if you really wanted to stay? And then he says, I wish that I could talk to each and every one of you, And I'm wondering if he went to those games, you probably could talk to each and every one of those fans who were there. That's seven hundred and twenty two people. I think you could walk over and say hello to everybody, have a meet and greet, and say I'm really sorry.
Speaker 4: Yes, set I know that this is going to sound like I'm living in a dream world, But but there used to be a thing where when you owned a team, it was a privilege, and that was a gift that you were giving to the community. I'm crazy rich, and this is my gift to the community. It wasn't just business to milk every single cent out of the community. There was a time I know that we look now and we're like, yeah, look, our team is worth three billion dollars. That's awesome, isn't it. Yeah, not really for you. It doesn't mean anything for you. It's just more leverage for the owner to be like, well, unless you guys phoning up even more of your cash, we're out of here. There used to be this thing where it was like, hey, we're doing this for the community, not just to take every possible dollar we can, whether it's parking or then a new charge for your seat and then a new super expensive jersey and then a new thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, it doesn't have to be that way.
Speaker 4: We don't have to look at this every time as like hey, great business by them, though, Man, screw you guys. What you already have billions of dollars you've already won in business.
Speaker 2: And then you have those PSLs. Hey what a great investment. No it's not, but you're right about that would be something that if if you build an owner a new stadium, that there is something attached to that that protects the city, just something you know that there's something in writing that there is going to be a working together with this. I mean there's no other team like Lambeau with the Packers. You know that that's the community that owns that team, and I love that, but you know that'll never happen again. These owners are like, how do I squeeze everything I possibly get if you don't give me a new stadium Saint Louis, We're moving to LA And then you either have to decide do you a pony up? You know the mill rate's going to be You're right, gets disappointing because they have that they have the ultimate leverage of well, okay, I'm trying.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Pauline, one quick follow up question on this. If you're a longtime A's fan and you're you're out on them, you're so burned? Do you go with the San Francisco Giants? Is that too tough to do? Or do you go elsewhere? Like far away? Something novel?
Speaker 2: I would have a heart. I would think if I'm an A's fan, I'm not gonna be a Giants fan, and vice versa. I think, let's say the Giants left in your would you be a Jets fan? And the answer is you wouldn't be, Like, I can't imagine that happening. It's you know, there's lines that are drawn and then that's it all right, let me take a break. Albert Breer, the Monday Morning quarterback, is going to join us. Coming up next. More phone calls as well on this Tuesday Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Get a few phone calls in here. We're waiting for the Monday Morning quarterback. On Tuesday morning, Albert Brier will join us. I've got updated regular season in totals. The Bills over under is now eleven and a half, the Jags over under six and a half, the Bengals eight and a half, and the Commanders are seven and a half. So the Bills at eleven and a half, the Chiefs are thirteen and a half. In case you're wondering, Ravens Niners ten and a half, and the Vikings over under is ten and a half. We'll get to your phone calls. Coming up. He's Albert Brier, the Monday Morning quarterback, the senior NFL reporter. Always great to see him. Let's start with a state of the Union with each of the teams. Last night let me start with the undefeated Buffalo Bills. What do you think so far?
Speaker 13: I think Josh Allen's probably meant look as really early, but Josh Allen's probably the MVP of the league for three weeks, and I think it's a result of and I don't want to make this like Josh versus Stefan Diggs, but I can remember, you know, I can remember Tom Brady winning an MVP the year they trade away Randy Moss, and I can remember talking to Brady about that they traded for Dion Branch right after, and it was like like it wasn't like he was happy to see Randy go, but it was all right, Like now I can kind of just go out there and play point guard and all five guys are alive on every route and it was sort of freeing to him. And I think you can see that with Josh now right, like where he doesn't have to look over every three or four plays to make sure that the number one guy.
Speaker 6: Has got the ball, so he's playing point guard.
Speaker 13: And when you add that to his other worldly ability to make off schedule plays to run to get the ball down field, I think you're seeing a really complete player now. And I think you gotta give Sean McDermott credit for the job they've done on defense too.
Speaker 6: Like their defensive fronts really.
Speaker 13: Impressive with that Oliver and Greg Russou is playing really well, but that back seven, like no Matt Milano Tradevius White's gone, they lost Michael Hyde and Jordan Poyer and so to be playing as well as they are in the back end of their defense in the back seven, I think it's a real credit to the front office, to Sean McDermott, to Bobby Babbage, to all the people that have kind of contributed to developing young talent there because they lost a lot of guys on the back end of that defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you bring up a couple of great points there that you don't have that number one receiver to go to because RG three joined this last hour and he said that Mahomes maybe became a better quarterback when Tyreek Hill left because he was able to kind of distribute wherever he wanted to. You don't have to keep somebody happy all the time. And then talking about that defense, I know we're portraying Buffalo as kind of a wounded animal of they're not that good. They're kind of like playing a little bit better than we thought. And we said this at the beginning of the year because they lost so many players, Maybe we really realize the value of Josh Allen if the team is successful that he's he doesn't have the star power that other teams have. Therefore he's probably going to get extra credit.
Speaker 14: Is it not exactly the situation Mahomes was in two years ago when they traded Ti right, like, and now all of a sudden, I mean, and it's the reality of having a quarterback on such a big contract, right is that you have to build a different way.
Speaker 13: And generally it takes a year or two after the guy gets paid to sort of feel the effects of that. But you know what ends up happening, Dan is like, okay, Like, so now at the top of our roster, we can pay a few less guys and we're gonna have to fill holes through the draft instead of filling them, you know, with a five or ten million dollar free agent. And you know, I think Mahomes has been awesome the last two years, despite you know, the revolving door at receiver that they've dealt with, and he really showed his value in how they played the last couple of years, he like bought time for a young defense to really grow up and come into its own. And you know, I think we're seeing the same sort of dynamic in Buffalo.
Speaker 6: Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: Now, I know that nobody wants to say it, Travis Kelce doesn't look good. Yeah, and it you know, he's a given.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Granted he might be almost sliding into that Gronk role of don't worry about the regular season, just worry about the postseason. Can you factor in his off season? Should that be factored in with him not playing? Is it fair to do that?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 6: I mean, I you know, I think some of these guys, yeah, I think he is.
Speaker 13: I mean and I you know, one thing that was really interesting and talking to Chiefs people in the summer was like, he is a guy who kind of works himself into shape. They were over the moon with the way he was working over the summer. He didn't miss a single practice and they tried to give him vet days while they were up.
Speaker 6: In Saint Joe, Missouri at their training camp.
Speaker 13: One of the few teams that still goes away and lives like the dorm life, you know, and like they tried to give him days off and they tried to pace him, and he didn't want it, and you know, so he really pushed him, pushed himself through training camp.
Speaker 6: I think Kelsey at the phase of his career. And we saw this last year too, Like I.
Speaker 13: Don't think he looked the same in September and October and November of last year, and like he just had a way of finding that's something he needed for December and January and February.
Speaker 6: And like his knowledge of the game.
Speaker 13: You know, his experience really came into play when they got into the playoffs and he got what he needed to make the big plays in the end. And I do think that they feel like they feel like they're better around him this year too, Like Rashie Rice, you know, in year two has looked like he's taken a pretty big step. Xavier Worthy adds something they haven't had the last couple of years.
Speaker 6: On offense.
Speaker 13: The hope was that they were going to get a Hollywood brown back and the whole vision for the offense Dan and this has been the vision for Brett Veach and for Andy Reid going back to March and April was it's sort of like the you know, you got the two guys in the outside who can fly down the field in Hollywood and Xavier Worthy, and they're opening up space underneath for Kelsey and Rice to have all this space to operate. And obviously that hasn't really come to fruition because Hollywood has been hurt and because Xavier's a rookie's still learning his way. But that could be another thing that like if Hollywood can find his way back on the field, and there's no sure thing, but if Hollywood does find his way back onto the field and Xavier comes of age a little bit, you still could see that vision come to life, which I think would help which I think ultimately would help Kelsey a lot.
Speaker 2: Stay to the union for the Commanders is what.
Speaker 13: Well, you got to be really happy with el quarterback played right, Like, I think that they picked the right guy out of that crew that went to Top Golf in April. Yeah, I think Jaden looks so comfortable. I remember talking to a couple of their coaches, talking to d h and Cliff and some of the guys back in the summer the day I was at their camp, and I said to them, like the word that comes to mind watching him practice this is just practice. Was how smooth he looks, never looked out of place right like, and just looked like he was doing the right things consistently and getting the ball where it needed to go. And everything looks just so fluid with him, and I think you're seeing that now, and I think this is something we sort of have to remember with, you know, with Caleb. Jaden was in college for five years. Jaden was a multi year starter at two different major programs in two different major conferences.
Speaker 6: He's seen a.
Speaker 13: Lot and he just I think as a result of all of that experience, and we saw us with Brock Party, who was another high volume guy in college, right, is that like Jaden Daniels looks like he's prepared to be a professional football player in every single way. And you know, Caleb, Caleb's two years younger than Jayden and had doesn't have the amount of spirits that Jaden has. And I think that that's sort of shown. You know, Jaden looks to me like the type of guy who has already got a lot of stuff figured out for a rookie. And I'm almost as impressed with like the things he was doing before the big throat to Terry mclum down the sideline, like knowing when to pull the d ball down and scramble, knowing when to.
Speaker 6: Check it down.
Speaker 13: It just he looks like he's got incredible command for a rookie. And I think the other thing that sticks out about the Commanders it's just how hard they're playing. Like if you've been watching football as long as you and I have, you can see it, like the energy a team plays with right when they're really bought in and they really know what they're doing. And when you see it from a first year coach's team, I think it really means something. And we're seeing that with dan Quinn's Commanders right now. They still have major holes, I mean, and that's the thing that's most remarkable about this, right, Like they still are going to have to address the offensive tackle position. They still need like a war Daddy edge rusher, They still have a lot to sort through a corner. Those are three premium positions that they really have some problems to sort through at right. But I mean, they got the quarterback right, and everybody's playing hard and they've been able to manage those weaknesses, which is really hard to do.
Speaker 6: I think the arrow is pointing way up on the Commanders right now.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to Albert Brier, the Monday Morning quarterback. Would you rather be a Bengal fan or a Jaguar fan? Today?
Speaker 13: Bengal fan, because I know it's going to work out. I mean, Joe Burrow played fine, you know, Like I know people are going to make this about Burrow and the wrist and maybe even his like his frosted tips there. But I think Joe has played better week to week right like, and he's knocked the rust off. Joe Burrow is going to be Joe Burrow. We saw I think a very real version of Jamar.
Speaker 6: Chase last night.
Speaker 13: He looked great too. Higgins is going to get more comfortable, so they're going to score points. My concern with the Bengals is on defense and can the defense get up to a level that they don't need to be top of the league, but can they be a top ten or fifteen defense, which is what they've been under Lua Narumo the last few years. And I think a lot of that's going to be come down to being able to generate a Prett pass rush and getting Trey Hendrickson back to his level and figuring out the corner position. I mean, the guy who was in coverage on that McLaurin touchdown was Dax Hill, who's really a safety playing corner. So like that, I think there are some real concerns. But in the end, like I think because of the offense, because of Joe Burrow Chase Higgins, I think they're gonna be there in the end. The Jaguars feel to me like I just I mean, I don't know, you know, like their core players are good, not great. And I think that that's sometimes in the NFL, where you can get yourself in trouble or like the highest paid players on your team or the highest drafted players on your team are just pretty good and not great. And I'm talking about like Christian Kirk and Tyson Campbell and Cam Robinson, like they're good players, but are those like the core pieces of a champion? And those three guys I mentioned are all very highly paid, right, So it just feels to me like a team that doesn't have like this real strength to hang his hat on, and it needs Trevor Lawrence to be a superstar and he just isn't one right now, you know, So it feels to me a little bit like a franchise that maybe in for another reset, you know. And I think they've got three very big weeks coming up here. I believe their next three weeks, they've got two division games, right, I think they play the Bears, but then they also played the Colts and the Texans. The Texans are this week, the Texans coming off of that loss, and then they go to London and play the Patriots, and that's obviously like a big game.
Speaker 6: For ownership going over there.
Speaker 13: So if you have a winless team going over.
Speaker 6: There, you know, like.
Speaker 13: These billionaires don't like being embarrassed. So I just it feels like there's a lot on the line for a lot of people in that organization over the next few weeks.
Speaker 2: So coaches in trouble flirting with trouble, Yeah, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 13: And I I like they're just a sneaky one with Belichick for me, you know, I just like Tony Kahan has a really strong relationship with Bill Belichick, Shod's son, Tony, you know, to the point where so when they hired Doug Moron as you know, the full time when they removed the interim tag, what was that seventeen I think twenty seventeen. Right, that was largely on the advice of Bill Belichick to do it. So Bill's had the ear of ownership in that place for a while now, and I just wonder if that's not rattling around in the heads of ownership there now, especially when you're building a new stadium, you know, and not a new stadium, but you're renovating your stadium, and now you know, you've got like sponsorship to sell, you've got suites to sell, like all of that stuff, right, you know, do you need some more credibility? It's just there are some things that line up there where I wouldn't totally rule out I wouldn't totally rule out that as a viable possibility for Belichick in twenty twenty five. And he does have a place I think right down the street I guess right down nine ninety five there in South Florida too, so that wouldn't hurt either.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you as always, Albert, Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 6: All right, Thanks DP.
Speaker 2: That's Albert Breer, Monday morning quarterback. Hmm. Bill Belichick in the on deck circle. Perhaps a couple of phone calls here, Let's see Alex in Utah Hey, Alex, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 15: Dan, good to finally make it on the show.
Speaker 9: So I know this is a little bit out of left field, but you know, a couple of weeks ago you had the grand reveal of Shane Irving, and it's pretty gratifying to see, you know.
Speaker 16: The face.
Speaker 9: The face definitely matched what I had an envision based on the voice. And you know, with James in Virginia, it's you know a little bit different, and I'm with Marv. I still kind of feel like I want confirmation. And so I'm wondering if Fritzy can schedule a call with James, a zoom call with James and Virginia, just so that we can definitively say, you know, the voice matches the face.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll work on that, Paulie or Marvin. Is there a way that we can get James to zoom call. We don't need a zoom call. We needed twenty three and meters. Yeah, I didn't. I still every time he called, Hey, Hey, happy black History. Hey James, what's uping man? Call my wife?
Speaker 3: You know a couple of black calls Jeff and Detroit, James, Virginia, Oh black dude named James that works at UPS. Oh he got a good job.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, James in Virginia joins us on the program. Good morning, James, Good on, gentlemen.
Speaker 16: Happy Tuesday, d DNA, Salute the commanders. Man, this great, great commentary this morning.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 16: Love the RG three man seventy six yards to the house. Always electrifying man, And I love it the way he talked about Washington, So glad I called in yesterday and said that they were gonna win. Man, Wow, it was just crazy. Uh Joe Burrowes only let them up three twenty four and three TVs. But who saw thirty eight points from the Washington Commanders. Jaden Daniels Jayden five is a live twenty one or twenty three, two fifty four two tds thirty nine on the ground with a touny. Seven receivers touched the ball, including the offensive lineman Trent Scott going to his best receiver in the NFL, Terry McLaurin Optimus Prime for one of the sweetest touchdowns that you'll see. Four catches, one hundred yard man.
Speaker 2: James, James, James, would you do a twenty three and mes.
Speaker 9: For us three percent?
Speaker 16: Italian. My brother fifty three percent italian, already already checked it out. Man, Marvin, is.
Speaker 3: A question here, James our James a Thanksgiving time sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie.
Speaker 16: Oh I'm pumpkin pile all the way.
Speaker 17: Man.
Speaker 2: It's true. Yeah, he is white. It's true. That's confidential, James, James. Next time, we're gonna have you zoom in. Okay, so we can let we can let our audience see James in Virginia. Can you do that?
Speaker 16: I think that would be wonderful. Man, I would love I would love that. One last thing, DP. Happy birthday, Pauli p Man, Happy birthday. It's your birthday. Yay for your birthday. Man, y'all have a great day, gentlemen, Seluca commanders.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, James in Virginia driving his ups truck. All right, we'll take a break. Last call for phone calls, What we learn, what's in store tomorrow to day in sports history.
Speaker 1: Right after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 2: Last call for phone calls.
Speaker 17: What we learn?
Speaker 2: What's in store? Tomorrow, Tommy John is going to join us on the program. Be Tommy. If Tommy John Surgery Fame will join us, you know, he should be known for I think two hundred and eighty eight career wins. I think most people wouldn't even have any idea how many wins Tommy John had in his major league career. I think it's two eighty eight or somewhere around there. But he's known as Tommy John of Tommy John Surgery. Yes, Paul, But.
Speaker 8: If he was just a really good picture, he'd be mixed in with all the really good pictures of the seventies and eighties, and he wouldn't have a hook Like everyone's heard that phrase before. And then I think people know the phrase, but they don't know the person. So maybe they'll look at the person a little. You know, he's got a weird hook of fame. But he didn't get in the Hall of Fame. His elbow should be Yes. They should put his arm in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 10: Yes, passed day.
Speaker 2: Yes, then he'll join us on the You should induct his arm. His bust would be his arm. Okay, last call for phone calls. What we learn, what's in store? Tomorrow. All of that coming up. Let me get to uh Michael in Nashville. Hey, Mike, what's on your mind today? Thanks for holding shit?
Speaker 15: Sorry? Whoa sorry sorry sorry A quick best and worst of the weekend. Worst is I got plenty fasty, I just from running a bunch, So you and any of the day as suggestions of how that gets better. Best of the weekend. I live in Nashville on Broadway and I got to take a selfie with Keith Urban in front of the entire concert.
Speaker 2: Oh cool, Yeah, Keith Urban, My good buddy. I think we're out on Keith Urban, aren't we?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I'm not yeah, no, no, no. He was friendly to me, Hey, but wasn't he? He was really mean to two a days at American Idol.
Speaker 16: That.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was a bit dismissive.
Speaker 4: I believe it was. That'll be a no for me. So now we're I'm out on Keith Urban. Oh man, how did you bring that up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Two days when he auditioned for American Idol, and I think j LO was mildly interested. Who was at Harry Connick Junior? Maybe mildly interested? And then Keith Urman was very dismissive and then was just the hammer on top. She was not into it. I thought she was in the beginning. That's why I said he should have had a different song if he's if he would have, if he would have sung I liked big butts and I cannot acoustically. By the way, Yes, an acoustical version he would have. He would have been up there with William Hung.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow is that is that a compliment?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, well nobody remembers two days now, they would have remembered him if he did that on American idol Uh Dylan in California, High Dill.
Speaker 18: Morning, DP, Dan Ets. I just want to say, wow, what a bad night last night for jungle Cats. Jayden comes out on top and the battles former LSU High and QBS Joe Burrow kind of looks a little like Ellen, Ja Jenners and a boy. Dan Hot take that Jayden Daniels is already a more polished passer than Lamar Jackson. And also a shout out to my dad post surgery. He's a UCSF right now. Hope him well, wishes for him, bully you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Dyl. Dylan brought some Ellen degenerous and a boy band for Joe Burrow. How many times have we heard that Big John in Charlotte? Hi, Big John, Good morning Dan.
Speaker 17: I'm six six two eighty eight. I have a comparison to the tiny game that you were talking about last week. In June of twenty seventeen, I went to Cincinnati. I'm a Saint Louis Cardinal fan. The Caris were playing the Reds and on June sixth, twenty seventeen, Scooter Jeanette hit four home runs and a single in one game. He had ten RBIs on seventeen total bases, just like er'cannie had last weight.
Speaker 2: So that yeah, but there wasn't pressure. And Big John, thank you. You do sound like somebody who is big. I mean you are a big John. In fact, Scooter sent us his sliding pants from that game. I have it on my side of the man cave that he autographed. But here's Showhy trying to go fifty to fifty, which has never been done. Scooter had a wonderful game, but it doesn't compare. The only other game that compares regular season that I can remember, Ted Williams when he was batting three ninety nine point five and they could have rounded up to four hundred. He played both games of the doubleheader and ended up hitting four oh six. This day in sports history, Paulie, what do you have for well?
Speaker 8: Bonus coverage tonight on National TV TBS Padres at Dodgers if you want to watch a little Otani? Which people should be doing? Nineteen thirty four, Dan Babe Ruth played his final game as a New York Yanke This is a good one. Nineteen thirty seven, the NHL Board of Governors introduced legislation that discouraged icing with the league. So icing was invented in nineteen thirty seven. It took another one hundred years for non hockey fans to figure.
Speaker 2: Out what icing is.
Speaker 8: And uh okay. The Brooklyn Dodgers nineteen fifty seven, oh play their last game at Ebattsfield.
Speaker 2: Oh how about Washington? Ends Miami's fifty eight game home winning streak beating the Hurricanes in the Orange Bowl nineteen ninety four. This might be the longest return of a for a touchdown in sports history. Ken Hinton of the British Columbia Lines nineteen seventy seven returns a missed field goal one hundred and thirty yards. Twenty twelve, Russell Wilson Junior, the third touchdown pass to Golden Tate, final play beating Green Bay, the infamous fail Mary and that put an end of the use of a replacement official that season. Let's go around the room. What we learned Todd? Would you learn today?
Speaker 10: He's six six to eighty. That's why he's Big John in Charlotte.
Speaker 2: So you didn't learn anything prior to five minutes.
Speaker 12: I also in RG three, says Jaden Daniels, gives DC hope they haven't had an over a decade ice in his veins.
Speaker 10: That big fourth down.
Speaker 2: Conversion, Seaton O'Connor. Would you learn RG three could still fly still quick? Yeah? Yeah, he raced a car. He raced a race car. Marvin James in Virginia. He likes punkin pie, not sweet potato pie. Sure doesn't. Paulie, what did you learn?
Speaker 8: Applebee s has boneless wings.
Speaker 2: You know what I learned? It's Pauli's birthday. Rapid Radios inchint pushed to talk walkie talkies, offering national LTE coverage, no subscription or monthly fees ever. Perfect Contact instant contact for an aging parrot. Rapid Radios dot Com for up to sixty percent off free shipping. Thanks for joining us for Fritzie, Seaton, Mark Paul, all of yours truly have a great day.