Speaker 1: It's Saturdays, the most awesome day. You love Saturdays. Thank you for being here the middle of the weekend.
Speaker 2: God really truly, And we've got a back to back classic second date for you, as we do every Saturday. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Yeah, so what are you seeing on the comment board before we start this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This one was fun. Hannah Victoria said, I've been thinking for a hot minute, what would you guys do if you didn't work in radio? Alexis would be a dermatologist. I don't know, she just gives off the vibe. Brookercent an elementary school teacher.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, obviously a comedian. And Jeff Jeff can just be Jeff.
Speaker 5: I can see Jeff just being a Jeff. People like, what do you do? He's like, I'm a Jeff.
Speaker 1: Ak's mom just gives him money.
Speaker 2: Guess what happens when you come from a family with some cast all the rest of us have to work.
Speaker 1: I'm a hermatologist.
Speaker 4: Apparently.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get your back to back classics started so you can be productive today in joy.
Speaker 5: Right now, there's a lot of bad texts you can get after a first date, like you're about to get a phone call from my wife, act like you don't know me. That's pretty bad. Or a location pin drop to the nearest free clinic.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I'd follow that text, though.
Speaker 5: Yone else it's kind of courteous to do that. Either one's not great. But today, one of our listeners says he received a text that completely baffled him, especially considering how good his first date went. You're gonna hear about the weird message that he received the next day in your second date update.
Speaker 6: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 5: You know, the picture you see on someone's dating profile compared to what they look like in real life can be vastly different. Yeah, and just look at Jose in his passport photo, which hasn't been updated in twenty seven years.
Speaker 1: Wow, doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: Still, he still has his baby teeth in his past port. No, I was like in my early twenties.
Speaker 1: But they make you take a picture and send it in every time. You're okay, I'm not going to go down this road again.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The point is the photo compared to real life can be very, very shocking and different. And really that first moment when you finally see your day in person can be huge Yeah. Apparently that was the case for one of our listeners, Kendrick, who needs our help today. Kendrick, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: I'm going guys, Okay.
Speaker 9: Your date was a good surprise or you were the bad surprise.
Speaker 5: We want to tell us about this woman that you met. Where you met her?
Speaker 8: I thought it was a good surprise.
Speaker 7: Well, we matched online, okay, And what's her name?
Speaker 8: Danielle?
Speaker 1: Danielle.
Speaker 2: Okay, So before we find out what she looks like, what did her dating profile look like?
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, she was gorgeous. Oh yeah, all the right writing, the right pictures.
Speaker 10: All that, right.
Speaker 1: Ok Man, Oh my god, I'm dead.
Speaker 7: No way she's gonna look like this in a real life right.
Speaker 2: We're even doubting it before you met her, right, Okay, set the expectations low for the in person meetup.
Speaker 5: And this is kind of funny because there's two things. They either look really good in their profile there's no way they look at that in real life. Or some people look way better in person, right, Like you see their profile and they're like, oh my gosh, like you look better in natural lighting. I know that is what it's like hanging out with me.
Speaker 6: So tell us.
Speaker 5: What did you do for your date? Kendrick? Where'd you guys go?
Speaker 8: So we chose the meet up and we went to one of those big malls that you know has all restaurants, shopping mall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's very old school.
Speaker 7: Right, So we were going to walk around and then eventually grab a bike.
Speaker 2: Well, you were there, but I want to know about the moment when you saw for the first time in real life, because that's the whole thing, right, Like you were you were shocked?
Speaker 5: Why were you shot run us through that?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I got there first. So she walked in five minutes later, like right after me, right, and oh my god, I was like, bam, she looked like she just stepped out of a TV commercial.
Speaker 6: Ah TV.
Speaker 5: Her hair's just floating.
Speaker 2: She gives you two lawyers, What do you mean like a TV commercial?
Speaker 7: Well, you're not like a model, but I mean like she looks like somebody who could be like running on a beach, know, in slow motion promoting yogurt.
Speaker 5: A model.
Speaker 8: Literally, she just had a TV commercial globe.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, okay, so.
Speaker 9: She looks better than her photos.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: So it was a good first meeting. Then but how did the rest of the day at the mall go?
Speaker 8: So we're walking around the mall.
Speaker 7: I had a big smile on my face because I knew people were looking at us, thinking, how did that guy get her?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: And you like that?
Speaker 8: Oh, I love it for you.
Speaker 7: I'll try not to stare at her a lot. I was making a lot.
Speaker 8: Of jokes too.
Speaker 5: Wait. Sorry, you said you were making a lot of jokes.
Speaker 7: Yes, like we went to one of those places that sells hats. Yeah, I said to her, you know, like hats have headlights in them.
Speaker 9: That's not joke, my friend, what is a serious? Spear unlocked?
Speaker 5: What is the joke?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't really think it's ninety percent. I just made that up because it sounds funny.
Speaker 5: The jokes is twenty one.
Speaker 1: Did she laugh? She is happening? Yeah, she disgusted.
Speaker 8: She probably didn't she laughed.
Speaker 7: It was more of an uncomfortable laugh, but she laughed a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, she at least knew you were trying to joke. Yeah, she loved.
Speaker 1: She slowly put the hat back.
Speaker 5: Okay, so, okay, you're making jokes. You're comparing her just TV commercial ladies.
Speaker 9: You gotta call her yogurt. Girl, you're right, I'm calling her.
Speaker 5: You'll play princess. What did you and your play princess? Dude from there?
Speaker 7: So finally showed up at the seafood, They'll say, but we had to put our names in because there was a lot of people there.
Speaker 8: So there's a little bit of a wait, okay, good, wait for it. I was a gentleman.
Speaker 7: I pulled her chair out, I gave her compliments good, nice, I want.
Speaker 8: Her to her car afterwards, gave her a kiss.
Speaker 5: Oh you got to kiss?
Speaker 8: Got a kiss, you know, major is just a small little kiss.
Speaker 7: But the next day I get a weird text that says I can't freaking believe you.
Speaker 8: I don't date low livesa.
Speaker 1: Oh what did it say? After name?
Speaker 6: She said sea Sea, like bye, oh God.
Speaker 7: So I don't know what she's talking about. I tried to call her, but she sends me straight to voicemail every time. So I'm turning to you guys, try to figure out where I went from.
Speaker 1: If she has headlights and.
Speaker 3: I didn't see the headlights when I got the kiss, that's how you check.
Speaker 5: What a weird thing to say, I can't believe you, Like I don't date low lives. What could you have done? Yeah, piece of information.
Speaker 8: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: If she found something else, Okay, saw something.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing you have to know before we call her. It's not gonna be good if she's calling you a lola.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I even know what it is, all.
Speaker 9: Right, Maybe like, maybe it's something she misunderstood.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I'm not liking the tone of you'll play princess right now, so we're gonna find out. She sounds more like googurt goddess.
Speaker 6: Good, it's funnier.
Speaker 5: Animal.
Speaker 8: Okay, oh my god.
Speaker 5: We'll figure out what's wrong with this yogurt girl when we call her and get you your second date update.
Speaker 6: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 5: Yo, play princess dancing around the beach with her crown and television cameras following her all around. That wasn't the date. That's just what played in the head of our listener Kendrick when he saw Danielle for the very first time.
Speaker 1: She was TV commercial pretty.
Speaker 5: That's all right, and they walked them all together, almost got head lies trying on hats.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's just a joke. He made.
Speaker 5: It was funny and they ended up at a seafood buffet, had a really really nice time. It all sounds great. But since then, the only communication he's got was a very troubling text from Danielle. What did her text say? Again, Kendrick, I.
Speaker 8: Don't state low lives like you, so fiaa.
Speaker 4: I also like the sea.
Speaker 5: Yeah it sounds bad, but I've sent worse text to my mother before. She still wants me, so there's a chance there's a good shot at redemption.
Speaker 1: Okay, did we hear did you respond to her?
Speaker 8: No? I just try to call her, but she immediately.
Speaker 1: You didn't like it or anything.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, let us do the dirty work for you. I feel you, man. So now we're going to try again, see if she picks up. I'm going to dial her number right now.
Speaker 8: Here we go, all right, huh.
Speaker 5: Why'd you go?
Speaker 1: I don't know, because she's not going to want to talk to us. Is that text?
Speaker 5: Maybe the SI? Hey is this Danielle? Good morning?
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 5: Yes, the whole radio show is on the phone right now, eager to talk to you. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I'm a little nervous to talk to you to be honest.
Speaker 3: Why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 5: Good question? We do this segment called a second date update. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that, but it's where we help out our listeners who went out on a date with somebody and they're not getting a second one, to try and figure out why something went wrong, if there was a mistake that happened. We figured there must be some sort of thing that went wrong based on the text message that you sent to our friend Kendrick the other day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh god, it was not hard to decipher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I will tell you this.
Speaker 7: I don't want anything to do with him, so I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that that's clear. I think he's just totally confused as to why.
Speaker 11: Yes, well, I don't like people who go through my personal things and make me feel uncomfortable and personal thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not sure what exactly you mean by that.
Speaker 7: Wow, I don't know what he's told you or whatever happened.
Speaker 3: But he was in my business, like literally in my bag, my wallet business?
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 1: How did he go through your Yeah, your purse, your wallet? What do you mean?
Speaker 8: The restaurant?
Speaker 7: So I asked him if you hold my stuff from me.
Speaker 5: Were you seated already at this point or is this while you were waiting? He said, there was a long wait.
Speaker 3: Well we were waiting. I went to the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Oh while you were waiting, you were like, not in the rest I mean maybe lobby or something.
Speaker 6: God show.
Speaker 11: Okay, So my purse was only out of my possession for a moment, but I think that's when he one of my bags and snatched my shop what stuff.
Speaker 1: Wait, now that you're accusing him of stealing something from your.
Speaker 12: Bag, well it surely isn't there anymore, and it sounds minute.
Speaker 5: But for me, it's the principal.
Speaker 11: What did he take my Joba juice car gift cards?
Speaker 1: What was it loose or was it in your wallet?
Speaker 6: It was in my wallet, right on the front of my wallet.
Speaker 8: Even go on my.
Speaker 5: Walle Did you did you see him go through your person take your card? Or are you just assuming that because you're in the bathroom.
Speaker 7: I don't have to because how it's not going to jump out of my wallet?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: All the time, I swear things can jump out of It's so weird to have such a specific thing be stolen, like if he was going to steal from you.
Speaker 9: It'd be like, I don't know what credit card or something.
Speaker 1: And why would he call us to get you on the phone.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 7: That's why I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 5: He doesn't know that she knows okay, and you don't know that he knows that. He's been listening on the other line of this phone call the entire time, waiting to talk to you. You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Whoa, whoa, whoa, Hey, why are you saying all this stuff about me?
Speaker 8: I can't even defend myself.
Speaker 1: That's now your chance to defend yourself. I need to hear this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, he's been on the other line listening.
Speaker 2: If that wasn't clear, which I mean, you need to tell him, like, well.
Speaker 7: First off, what were you doing in my purse?
Speaker 12: And why the hell would you take my job.
Speaker 8: Of juice car.
Speaker 7: I don't like having my name drank through the mud like this. Will not be be able to defend myself for safe say it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, are you're saying you're innocent that you didn't take it?
Speaker 8: Well, no, I mean I did. I took this.
Speaker 12: Oh I thought you were about to, like just I knew what I told you.
Speaker 5: God, Okay, you're right, ken, dude, wallet and steal from her and then.
Speaker 7: Wonder why you don't You don't understand that I needed it for my ex.
Speaker 4: Okay, excuse me, bad call the lowlife and you couldn't connect this.
Speaker 5: Kendrick, that's a weird statement, dude.
Speaker 7: Can you explain I was gonna give it back or reimburse her on the next day, but she wouldn't answer my calls?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Why do you just buy your own damn jump juice?
Speaker 4: Why does no one say that that's an issue that is also bad for you?
Speaker 5: Can we ask you why are you giving gifts back to your ex girlfriend?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: Me and I actually aren't together, but we still celebrate our anniversary. We call it an extra versary.
Speaker 12: Me.
Speaker 1: So you what, you stole the gift.
Speaker 7: Card for your I borrowed it, So extroversary works.
Speaker 8: So we get each other a.
Speaker 7: Gift card or a card and it's like, nor, hope you're doing well.
Speaker 9: Okay, I don't know that we asked for all of this, So you hear.
Speaker 7: That it's fine for you to celebrate your act by taking from me.
Speaker 3: And I'm not even with you yet, Like you don't see anything wrong with that.
Speaker 1: You were at the mall, you could have bought anything.
Speaker 7: That you probably should not have been going out with me.
Speaker 9: Kendrick, you sound like a pickpocket or something.
Speaker 5: And why are we even going through the person her wallet? Anybody?
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, our extroversary was later that night, so she was thinking forever in the bathroom, right, I was bored you were shopping inside of the person. It looks so weird by the way, I think you're lying because your height on your life and says that's your five six, there's no.
Speaker 6: Life.
Speaker 5: Okay, they're both not her for people.
Speaker 2: She is a perfect woman who belongs on a yogurt commercial on television.
Speaker 5: The people in commercials tend not to be as tall as they appear on TV. Awesome, listen, Okay. The good point is Kendrick is very detail oriented. Because he looked at her license, he made sure that she is who She said, like, this is so yeah, that is Kendrick. It sounds like that was a violation going through her stuff.
Speaker 9: And then sounds like.
Speaker 7: Wow, I I'm going to pay her back.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're we're just going to back away because now that it's all out in the open, you can talk to Danielle and apologize or say whatever it is that you want to say to chemistry takeover. Try to win her back here.
Speaker 7: Daniel I'm sorry I got the extroversary day mixed up. I forgot it was later that night and I hadn't gotten her anything, Okay.
Speaker 8: I didn't want to violate you. I didn't want.
Speaker 1: To go.
Speaker 8: For that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, can we just give how much was that gift card worth?
Speaker 1: Can we reimburse her for the well Brook?
Speaker 5: It's not Danielle's extroversary, so that's not fair. The only thing that's fair to do is to offer Kendrick and Danielle a second date paid for by Hole.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, daniel that was the most appropriate response ever.
Speaker 5: Kendrick wants more gift cards. I know Kendrick's up for it, all right, So Danielle, that's a no from you. Absolutely no.
Speaker 2: You know what we never heard is whether or not his ex was excited about the gift cards.
Speaker 5: Okay, Kendrick, how did the gift go?
Speaker 7: So that part worked out? On this one?
Speaker 8: Work?
Speaker 10: Kendrick brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh Man, extaversary is a new term that I did not.
Speaker 1: Know about it, but concentrating on here.
Speaker 5: Yes, how many years do you think it's going to take before websters picks that up? Yeah, they've got in the dictionary exiversary needs a spot in those pages. How long does an activersary last?
Speaker 9: The lifetime or ten years?
Speaker 1: He's doing this. No one is picking that up.
Speaker 5: At anniversary celebrators.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still can't believe he was baffled when she called him a lowlife.
Speaker 5: And but she went through her things for a good reason.
Speaker 1: For someone else, for ex love.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, it's a good reminder to reach out to an X and tell them no hard feelings. And I have a Jamba Juice gift card. And if you also need some help with your dating life, we can step in and do that for you. Call that person who's not calling you back. By the way, you can go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts on Apple, on Spotify, all of it at Brook and jeff.
Speaker 10: Free Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 5: You know your date night is going well if you and your crush make it all the way to the dance floor for.
Speaker 6: A slow jam day.
Speaker 1: On that music.
Speaker 5: But hands on hips sway back and forth, little don't get too close, maybe lay a little smooch on their upper back.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, up, are you a giraffe? How are you getting there? That's a weird angle.
Speaker 5: But what happens though if you get to that point but you don't make it all the way through the song? Oh well, no, that's what happened with one of our listeners and it might be one of the most embarrassing calls that we've had so far this year. Could it have contributed to him not getting a call back for another hangout? You're gonna hear what went wrong in the middle of their slow dance in a second date update.
Speaker 6: Next second date updated.
Speaker 5: What would hold back a fun, attractive guy from going out on a few dates right now? Maybe like a lack of funds.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 5: Maybe no time, Yeah, maybe his parents are his roommates. It'd be a little embarrassing. Or maybe he just got engaged and he's like, yeah, I probably she'd stop dating other people at this point.
Speaker 1: Are you just down?
Speaker 5: I bring it up because one of our listeners was engaged till about a year ago when his fiance broke things off, and then ever since that point, he hasn't even had the urge to go out with anyone else, I bet, until recently when a special lady changed his mind. So let's talk to RJ about it. First of all, r J, I'm sorry to hear about your engagement, my man.
Speaker 6: Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was pretty raugh, but you know, I'm getting through it. I'm pushing through.
Speaker 5: We're sending negative vibes to your ex and positive.
Speaker 3: Vibes to you.
Speaker 1: You were giving him to him. Don't write Hallbart cards.
Speaker 5: Okay, So tell us about the new girl that you met.
Speaker 8: Who she all?
Speaker 3: I met this woman, her name is London. I met her at a happy hour.
Speaker 9: Oh, in person meet up?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is it a friend happy hour coworker happy hour?
Speaker 3: It was like a coworker happy hour. But I don't work with her, like we have work friends. So she was there and so we lock eyes and you know how you just instantly feel a connection when you lock eyes with someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that has not happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't ever like make eye contact with somebody and be like, oh, I just want to make.
Speaker 9: Out with them.
Speaker 5: I mean I do think that, but usually they run away.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest. That happens a lot to me as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, that's good.
Speaker 3: Something clicks, the drinks were flowing, the conversation was going great, nice, and again, it's been a long time, so I was feeling awkward, out of place, but the connection was so strong that I still initiated and it was working out really great.
Speaker 1: You know, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: Was the connection strong or were the drinks strong?
Speaker 3: Which I feel like the connection was strong, but I don't know anymore after what happened.
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 3: So the drinks are flying, we're having a good time. We end up back at her place.
Speaker 1: Oh dang, things are going really well.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, I'm still out of practice. So the music is playing and we're kissing, and then all of a sudden, you know, you know that song Lady in Red, Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, yeah she is. I don't know what. It's like an eighties it's like an eighties song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good. It's really good, so very romantic. So we're slow dancing, and I mean, I haven't been to her place before, so and it's dark, so I might have fallen over the coffee table.
Speaker 1: Where you fell.
Speaker 7: I may have.
Speaker 3: Seriously injured my ankle. And yeah, but you know what. She was really sweet about it. She gave me some eyes, and you know, I ended up staying on the couch for the rest of the night.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's nice that she was really helpful, but it sounds like it kind of killed the romance.
Speaker 3: Definitely killed the romance. There was nothing that happened after that got situated, and then she went to her room and I slept on the couch and I left early because I had a doctor's appointment, So I said bye through the door.
Speaker 1: Wait for the ankle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like I gotta get to look at Oh wow, So.
Speaker 5: You got online and like booked yourself in an appointment.
Speaker 3: It was that bad. It was definitely difficult to sleep that night with all the pain and stuff. But you know, I'm not going to leave like a los.
Speaker 2: Loser, well like a you know, are you in a walking boot now?
Speaker 1: Like what happened.
Speaker 3: So it was a pretty bad strain. So I had some compressed on it.
Speaker 1: And okay, okay, has she called to like check.
Speaker 2: In on you, because like that would be I mean, it's an automatic, easy way to contact.
Speaker 3: Somebody's I didn't hear anything back. You know, I thought I would have gotten a house everything. Okay, you know, let's try again another time.
Speaker 1: She thought you had weak bones.
Speaker 6: She doesn't want that.
Speaker 5: I mean, even if you're not interested in someone, you'd still at least check on him, like, hey, I was riding right, unless you were really really whiny and complaining about it the entire time.
Speaker 4: Which I mean people who handle injuries and sickness that No, you mean.
Speaker 3: Men, not like I had a cold, you know, but it works brutal.
Speaker 5: Okay, So how long has it been since that hangout at her place?
Speaker 3: It's been a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh dang, have you heard anything from like the coworker friends that know her?
Speaker 3: I haven't heard anything. I'm so confused.
Speaker 5: This is definitely weird. We're going to come back and we're going to call London for you, the person, not the city. Yeah, that'd be a little strange to do, but we're going to come back. We'll reach out and we'll try and get you your second date update right after this. All right, all right, hold on.
Speaker 6: Second date update.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I know A been to thirty weddings in a row this year, and this song apparently has not played at any of them.
Speaker 1: They played true for like thirty years a wedding. They actually played baby Shark at the wedding comes last night.
Speaker 5: I'm tell you know, anybody who's familiar with this song is officially old. But the reason why we're playing it right now is because our guy RJ is gonna forever remember this song not as a happy time, but as a painful one. Because he was slow dancing with his date in her apartment, ended up tripping over a coffee table and hurt his ankle, which totally ruined their romance. He had to spend the rest of the night on.
Speaker 2: The couch like legitimately hurt his ankle, had to go to the doctors the next morning.
Speaker 5: Right booked one that night. The weirdest part is afterwards, his date London hasn't reached out to him at all to even ask if he's doing okay.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask you. Is that a red flag for you should be?
Speaker 3: You know usually it is, But for some odd reason, this connection, it's like I just oh.
Speaker 9: She's hot enough that it's okay. She doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 5: Or the ankle medication is really messing up your head right now and you're.
Speaker 3: Not thinking that Maybe I don't know, I just gotta know what's going down, Like what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we have an idea of what may be caused. It possible there's another answer for what went on.
Speaker 9: But let's just a twist in the story.
Speaker 5: Just like Lady in Red. You gotta be old to get that one. Let's let's just dial this old school phone that we have.
Speaker 7: Around here.
Speaker 5: Let's just do it.
Speaker 3: Man, you ready, I'm ready.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hi, we're looking for London. This is she Hey London. Not sure if you've ever been on the radio before, but this is your day.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the radio.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 12: What is this about.
Speaker 5: Well, we're a morning show called Brook and Jeffrey, and uh, we're doing something called the Second Date Update.
Speaker 12: I've heard of those who were you guys who.
Speaker 1: I swear we're the only program that has ever done this on the face of the very original over here.
Speaker 5: The Second Date ogs. Okay, Well, so if you've heard this segment before, you kind of get the gist. We're trying to help out one of our listeners with their dating life after they went out with you. Okay, and there's a guy that you met up with a couple of weeks ago named r J.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Might have met happy hour. It sounds like you guys have a great night.
Speaker 12: I don't know if I would call it great. That's not the word I would use, I do remember r J.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, well he.
Speaker 5: Didn't have a great time either, even he says that it didn't go exactly the way he planned.
Speaker 1: You don't know what her word she would use is. Maybe her word is fantastic.
Speaker 5: Is that the case?
Speaker 12: Freaky?
Speaker 3: Maybe freaky?
Speaker 5: I mean there was a freak that happened. I know, it sounds great to be like a freak accident where he tripped over your coffee table and heard his ankle, is what you mean?
Speaker 12: I mean, that's just the beginning of the wild ride that was the evening.
Speaker 1: Because I thought he just laid down on the couch.
Speaker 2: He told us he laid down on the couch and like you got him some ice and that walk how wild?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was kind of an end of the story for him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no, I got him some ice. But I don't know about any sleeping.
Speaker 5: He said he struggled to sleep because his ankle hurt.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I'm sure it did, but that didn't seem to stop him.
Speaker 1: At all from what what did do?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 12: I went to bed and in the middle of the night, I hear a really loud noise, no like it sounds like a vacuum. And as I get closer to undoing my door, I'm hearing him like making noises. Do you know what I mean? Like groaning?
Speaker 3: Whoa wha, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. Guys, guys, guys, Can I just interject? Can I just myself right now?
Speaker 1: Defend yourself from what vacuum?
Speaker 10: Groom?
Speaker 3: Okay, oh my god?
Speaker 12: Are you calling me on the radio?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That's how this segment or London is that we usually have the listener silently waiting on the other light until we hear what the problem was.
Speaker 1: And I just thought that maybe he was groaning in pain. But why are you jumping in?
Speaker 5: Oh Jim, I'm really not happy with you because I feel like we were about to get to the good part there. Why are you stopping this?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: So first of all, first of all, I know what she heard.
Speaker 1: What did she hear?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Groaning?
Speaker 3: I could s once again, I'm in all this pain. I'm trying to figure out. You know, you go to the you go to the website you go online.
Speaker 12: No laying on the couch, vacuum underneath a blanket, perched like a tent, and he's making noises.
Speaker 3: Okay, how crazy this sounds. It sounds and looks crazy.
Speaker 1: Wait vacuum.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay these.
Speaker 3: Or pain is intent? I'm like, let me just look up online remedies for relieving pain in your ankle.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 11: I cross an.
Speaker 3: Article that said you can use the suction of the vacuum to help light the blood in the swollen area.
Speaker 2: She lapping, lapping, so ridiculous, Okay, so hold on.
Speaker 5: It sounds like, Jose, you are on our j side there. You think he was just vacuumting his ankle.
Speaker 7: If you've ever if you've ever.
Speaker 5: Heard, if you've ever sprained your ankle and gone in physical therapy like when I did in football, they massage and they try to get blood flow, I've never heard such a bud.
Speaker 1: Technically, he is right.
Speaker 5: If you can get blood flowing around the area he did. The nurse massage or ankle with their mouth and no vacuums.
Speaker 1: Why would is the ankle be on the ground to do said vacuuming.
Speaker 5: Why would it.
Speaker 1: Be on your track with a lot of injuries. No vacuums.
Speaker 12: Vacuums r J. Seriously, I was happy that you left without any question, and I figured after your night, your wild night with my vacuum, that you got what you wanted.
Speaker 8: So did you.
Speaker 5: Keep the vacuum after that?
Speaker 8: Or did you know and it was my neighbour's vacuum?
Speaker 2: Should we have been calling Hoover for you.
Speaker 12: I'm hoping that he didn't use the vacuum the way I'm pretty sure he did, because I was cleaning up cat poop earlier. With that, I'm gonna be yes.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 3: Bottom line, I did not use that vacuum for what you thought or what it seems like I was using it for, I promised.
Speaker 1: Okay, doubt, I guess.
Speaker 12: I doubt that.
Speaker 3: I know what. The only reason I didn't even bring that up with these guys is because I thought you were asleep.
Speaker 7: I didn't hear it.
Speaker 6: Oh I'm sure you did.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you did. I will say our J. One quick and easy way to prove it, tours.
Speaker 2: You could just forward on that link of that article about the back.
Speaker 3: I will send right now.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for this guy. He literally is like in the worst pain, can't sleep trying to help himself.
Speaker 1: And I think he helped himself.
Speaker 10: Like that.
Speaker 5: We could do an experiment in here, bring a vacuum in and test out the theory. No, it has to be hurt first.
Speaker 1: We can hurt Jo.
Speaker 3: I'm looking on the tabs on my phone right now. It's not on here now, but when I find it, I will, right he's.
Speaker 1: Quickly making a blog post as a doctor.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, well, while while RJ tracks down that website, I do need to ask London, would you like to go out on another date with r J. That's something that we would pay for.
Speaker 12: It would be something wild for me to turn down a free date, but I think that this is going to be it.
Speaker 5: Oh god, this second date update sucks in more than one Yah. Sorry yourself, But if you want, we can send you a gift card over to like Dyson or something.
Speaker 1: What about a shot back that sounds like more your style?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's a handbag.
Speaker 7: I heard this point.
Speaker 3: Come on, guys, I really did use it for my ankle, Like, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't do something like that in the stranger's apartment.
Speaker 5: There you go, Yeah, why not at all?
Speaker 10: Brook And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: We're getting a lot of text into seventy five nine two about what we just heard. One guy said, I actually tried that with a vacuum when I was sixteen and I had to go to the hospital.
Speaker 4: Now I don't know what it means I tried that wish one.
Speaker 5: Maybe we don't want to know. A lot of people are saying they can't find the link to that medical tip either. Yeah. I'm sure he's going to find it eventually and send it to her three years from now, and she's gonna feel so dumb after he built a whole website just to put the.
Speaker 9: Laker exactly that is exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my god, I want to see the suction marks on his ankle.
Speaker 10: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: Want to be involved anymore. We all need to take a shower. Yeah, we'll see. The good news is that call went so horribly that your love life couldn't possibly be any worse?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Or could it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Text in seven eighty five nine to two or email the show if you want us to call that person who wasn't calling you back.
Speaker 1: Please, no more household devices.
Speaker 5: Yeah,