Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two. What's up?
Speaker 2: Everybody excited to be hanging out with y'all for another weekend on the Best Bits, y'all. There is only well, yesterday I was counting this, there's only three Fridays left until Christmas, which then I assume means three Saturdays.
Speaker 3: But if my math is wrong, don't get mad at me. But I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: It's December and we are officially in full speed Christmas. So let's dive into some of the big segments on the show this week.
Speaker 3: One of them, actually a few of them involved Christmas.
Speaker 2: Some listeners were asking for an update on Arkansas Keith. They wanted to know how his retirement has been going. This is somebody that's very important in Bobby's life. He used to be his stepdad and now they still spend time together and talk to each other. So Arkansas Keith called in let everybody know how his retirement was going, and he even gave some tips to Eddie and Lunchbox about how they should be focusing on retirement.
Speaker 5: Number seven. Here's a voicemail from Amelia in Atlanta.
Speaker 6: I was just curious if you had an update on Arkansas Keith.
Speaker 7: We haven't heard from him in a while. It's just swondering what he's up too.
Speaker 5: Right here, he is former stepdad Arkansas Keith. I believe he's on the phone now.
Speaker 8: You there, I am.
Speaker 9: How you doing?
Speaker 10: Doing pretty good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I talked to Keith periodically, so for me, that's good. It's not that I haven't talked to Arkansas Keith since he's been on the show.
Speaker 6: He don't only talk to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And mostly if I can show you Arkansas Keith's messages to me, it's mostly all dead animals.
Speaker 10: What animals have you killed lately?
Speaker 9: I've been out hunting every day since beginning to season November eleventh. I hadn't killed a deer.
Speaker 5: Have you passed on deer? Though?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 10: Have you passed on some doze or.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, and some books too?
Speaker 11: Little bucks?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but nothing I'm going to shoot, but.
Speaker 5: You know, and at this point you're such an avid, accomplished hunter. If it's not at least like an eight point, who cares, right.
Speaker 9: Well, I'd shoot a small one. But you know, I'm just I'm just not in the mood, you know, I'm just enjoying it. That just goes to show you that it's not all about to kill. I'll put in lots of time this year so.
Speaker 5: Far you enjoy waking up early, being in the cold and sitting in the woods, not shooting animals.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 11: Oh that's why it's whispering.
Speaker 10: Wait where are you right now?
Speaker 9: I'm in the woods right now, I'm in a blind this this morning. Duck honey, deer honey. Well, I don't want to have the highland.
Speaker 10: I don't want to like ruin your day here. I don't want to make the deer go away.
Speaker 9: Running my day? You know?
Speaker 11: Do you?
Speaker 9: I'm doing some long this is stuff today?
Speaker 11: What what like rifles?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm hunting on the high line, looking down the high line.
Speaker 6: Oh long distance? Does that I'm making nervous that it's not a deer, it's something else?
Speaker 5: Is that scope?
Speaker 10: Probably?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 9: I have a range front. I just ranged a lot poe and it's three hundred and sixty yards at a lot pole. So that's why that's how far I'm looking.
Speaker 5: So don't you think the deer can hear you talking on the phone now? And they're like Arkansas? Keith is back in the woods. We shouldn't go over there.
Speaker 9: Well, they're probably it's probably muffling this blind so they're not probably hearing too much. Do get that distance.
Speaker 10: What else is happening with you? Any updates?
Speaker 9: Uh? Just had good good times Thanksgiving, you know, and that's uh, just living a life, man. I love just retired life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what do you do all day being retired? Like, I don't know if I can handle it?
Speaker 9: Well. I usual to get up and here lately has been hunting every day, you know, and duck season just went out. We did do for the first first week. We hunted three or four times during the duck season. And uh, you know, go deer hunting every day or duck hunting and just come home and hang out for a little while and go back for the evening hunting. And you know, I sometimes I'll journey down to Glenwood with the you know, Mike Blaze and that bunch to go have dinner with the fishing is. And that's about it. Man. But life is good, you know, I like it.
Speaker 11: That's the life simple.
Speaker 6: We need Arkansas Keiths to put together a plan for Eddie and Lunchbox to retire.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they have no retirement.
Speaker 12: Oh great, well he doesn't need money.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, hold on here, Arkansas, y did you have a retirement set up for when you retired?
Speaker 9: Only my retirement plan at warehouses.
Speaker 5: That I had, you know where houses the mill where we're from, Uh huh we lived in was the mental mill town.
Speaker 10: But your retirement plan, though, was that like a four oh one K?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, it was. It was just a you know, a retirement plan for It's like an annuity. You know, you get checked for your forever how many years you work, you get that monthly.
Speaker 11: We get that.
Speaker 9: Here's kind of what I was living basing on. But you know, es since then, I've discovered you have to have more than that.
Speaker 5: What would you tell these two who are you know, early forties and have no retirement plan whatsoever.
Speaker 9: Well, kind of get diversified. Maybe, you know, I was been buying some gold and I, you know, got an r A four one K into an r A and it's all right as much as you can.
Speaker 5: It's it's a part of the government that investigates you. That's what that's the I R.
Speaker 11: S Oh yeah, yeah, and you.
Speaker 9: One K it used to be in my ra is a full one. It used to be a four one k it's he.
Speaker 10: Went toward down dar Hills and found him some gold.
Speaker 6: No did you order gold off the TV?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So wait, I don't How do you? How did you buy gold?
Speaker 11: Then?
Speaker 9: I got a U S money reserve, you can buy you know, gold.
Speaker 10: What's the dream retirement plan for you? What would you love to do?
Speaker 9: Maybe move out with for a little while, like California? Not no, I'm not that far lat yeah, wool and I don't want to live there in the winter. I just want to live there.
Speaker 6: My gosh, that's the reality show.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, uh, callers ask about you a lot, and we just had one. So I was just gonna hit you up and see if you talk to us on the air a little bit.
Speaker 11: That's it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm just living the dream man.
Speaker 10: What can I say when you're gonna come see me?
Speaker 9: Isaac? Now we're just talking about that. We're probably thinking about trying to make a run, you know, mid March, maybe on spring break. Again.
Speaker 10: This is a grandson.
Speaker 11: Wondering.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, Well, uh, good to talk to you. I talked to you, so I know you're good. But everybody else now hopefully they feel good. Knowing about you, Any any sage advice you want to pass along to the millions of people listening right now.
Speaker 9: Stay healthy?
Speaker 11: Well how do you do that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's go to doctor man. Make sure catch everything before it gets you, get it for it gets you.
Speaker 6: Oh, be proactive.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like in your sixties you have to do that now more than ever? Oh?
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, you know I've had a couple of elments that could probably put me down here to not called him Mary. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Have you had a colonoscary?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, a couple of.
Speaker 10: Them every Tuesday.
Speaker 5: His cousin Brutis does it for him. Okay, talk to you soon and let us know if you kill anything.
Speaker 9: All right, take care?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 10: See there is Arkansas.
Speaker 1: Ye, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 2: Our annual Christmas gift exchange is fast approaching, so we have a theme. All the gifts have to start with the letter S. But this week we drew who gets to like who's buying a gift for who? And I'm super excited about who drew me And I had to give my gift.
Speaker 3: Because it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: And then there's also some controversy already with all of that, But even more cool than all of that is this is the first year ever we're doing a listener edition of our Christmas Gift Exchange, all thanks to Hyundai.
Speaker 3: They are helping us not.
Speaker 2: Only give away cash, but a chance to win a freaking car.
Speaker 3: Guys, this is so awesome, first time we've ever done this.
Speaker 2: But you got to go enter at bobbybones dot com if you want to play, and the last day to sign up is December seventh, which.
Speaker 3: Is my sister's birthday. Chat out Taylor Happy Birthday early, So go sign up.
Speaker 2: If you want to win a car or some cash, or just be a part of our Christmas Gift Exchange, go do it.
Speaker 3: What's the harm.
Speaker 2: You're not going to get any spam or scam emails from us. All you're gonna get is a chance to win a car and some cash, and quite frankly, all.
Speaker 3: Of us could use that.
Speaker 2: So go ahead our Bobby bones dot com And for now you're about to hear who all will be giving each other.
Speaker 5: Gifts this Christmas number six. So our Christmas show comes up in a couple weeks. We always do a theme. We voted on the theme before we went away for Thanksgiving, and the theme is starts with the random letter, So we'll do the letter generator. Whatever letter at Landson's got to be what the gift starts with. Okay, yeah, Now I have everybody's name here, and I'm just gonna draw for everybody. And when I draw, I'll say who you are and who you're buying for. Okay, Amy, you will be buying for.
Speaker 13: Me?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, cool, that's rough.
Speaker 11: Hey, that's not hard or anything.
Speaker 10: We don't know what the letter is.
Speaker 12: No, but I'm just saying she only does half the income. Now, not gonna be as good.
Speaker 5: But she had to buy any people gifts either, Eddie.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're buying for you know, a lunchbox, raymondo.
Speaker 13: Oh you I got you, Ray, Thanks man, I'll get you on the back end.
Speaker 10: Lunchbox.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm buying for the this person.
Speaker 10: You're buying for this person?
Speaker 12: And who's who wants me? I said, who wants me?
Speaker 11: We said nothing.
Speaker 6: Oh no, that has to be rich.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna be good.
Speaker 5: We already know it.
Speaker 11: Oh he's not gonna be good.
Speaker 6: Can you read draw?
Speaker 10: I definitely?
Speaker 5: Oh man, that's sorry about that.
Speaker 11: That sucks Abby all right even he says it.
Speaker 10: More Agan, you'll be buying for.
Speaker 2: Scooba ool Scoobs, I got you?
Speaker 5: Oh man, Hey, you don't even know the letter yet though.
Speaker 12: All right, Bobby, who you drawing for?
Speaker 10: I'm not there yet, but hey, do you have me to go ahead and pull mine out and lay the side?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Here we go, watch and chack it up.
Speaker 10: Nothing nothing fishy happening here, got it? I'm gonna in your pocket pocket?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, boy, you want to be you all right, Mike D, because like what if it's c car cash, Mike D.
Speaker 10: You will be buying Mike D. You'll be buying for Eddie.
Speaker 12: Hey, Eddie's acting excited. I am just shut up. You're disappointed.
Speaker 11: Mike gives good gifts.
Speaker 5: Scuba Steve, You'll be buying for.
Speaker 10: Lunchbox pay back for last year.
Speaker 12: What do you mean you have me a crappy gift last year? I got you a Shaquille Noodle shirt you still wear?
Speaker 5: No, I have it.
Speaker 10: He's never worn it.
Speaker 11: I have it.
Speaker 4: Oh you gave it to him?
Speaker 5: No, I wanted a contest idiot. All right, this is Ray Raymundo Amy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And then finally Abby, Mike.
Speaker 5: D, I got more?
Speaker 10: Freaking again, I got more? Last second row? All right, I think Morgan yep. Okay, so Abby has Mike D I have more?
Speaker 5: Okay, So now we're gonna spin the wheel. So it's a random video the letter, and I'll record it here. We'll do the first. The first one won't count. Let's just let's just spend the will and see what it was. Go ahead, here's the first one. The will is spinning.
Speaker 10: And it ends on.
Speaker 5: The letter would have been H.
Speaker 10: So we're gonna we're gonna remove that. Oh, let's leave.
Speaker 11: Let's leave H up there of course, hot dog?
Speaker 10: Or do we want to pull H down? Okay, pull H?
Speaker 12: It can't be H.
Speaker 10: Okay, this one's for real.
Speaker 5: Whatever the letter is, Oh.
Speaker 12: You know what we could have got for H?
Speaker 10: Hooker?
Speaker 5: I ok here we go, let's here we go.
Speaker 12: I would have got Abby that Okay.
Speaker 10: I showed up banana hammock. Are you Abby?
Speaker 5: Here we go? Let's spin wheel? All right, here we go. I'm recording it on my phone so you guys can see it. The letter is.
Speaker 11: Uh oh s yes, don't lunchbox.
Speaker 10: That's gross, dude, foul of.
Speaker 4: Everybody?
Speaker 5: Goody start thinking me.
Speaker 12: Hooray, I got it for You're going right now.
Speaker 10: Let me play this song. We're back everybody else the season.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Y'all love the fantasy draft, So we did a draft of bands slash artists with numbers in their name. So think of a lot of them. I mean there's a lot out there, even a country artist that didn't get drafted, which I'm sad I didn't realize this at the time, but tenpenny is a great addition to one of these teams. So check out our teams and I'll tell you right after this who won who lost.
Speaker 12: Number five.
Speaker 10: Hey, let's do it.
Speaker 5: We're doing a draft here, draft your team. They could have numbers in their name. Bands, artists have numbers in their name.
Speaker 10: We rolled the dice. I'm first.
Speaker 5: Overall, there were like three that I.
Speaker 10: Was equally torn to pick.
Speaker 5: Interesting, but I'm gonna go with my number one pick, Matchbox twenty.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 10: That's good, is it?
Speaker 5: I don't know? Because said man, there's another there's the two more that I think could be the number one pick, but I'm going Matchbox twenty as my number one pick.
Speaker 6: Amy Maroon five great one.
Speaker 5: Also on my list, Lunchbox blink one also on my top list. Good good job. Those are the three that I think were the great ones. Morgan, I'm going fifty.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 10: I didn't have him down.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 12: I was hoping he'd slipped to the second room.
Speaker 5: Good one, Ray for all the girls out there.
Speaker 12: One direction.
Speaker 11: And that's good.
Speaker 5: Yep, fifty cent on came out of nowhere on me. I wouldn't have picked it first name, but that's a good one. Matchbox twenty, Maroon five, blank one eighty two, fifty cent one direction.
Speaker 10: Ray. We'll go backward now with you taking the lead. Second round. Who are you adding to your team? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Stealing this one from Eddie. Sorry, man, I know you did your wedding at him or whatever.
Speaker 11: You two, that's good.
Speaker 6: I thought that that was Pearl Jam.
Speaker 7: No, I mean I went to Hawaii to see Pearl Jam open up for YouTube.
Speaker 10: Would you have picked you two next?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 7: I can't even think of like number bands. Every time you guys mentioned one like that's a good one. Didn't think about that, he said. I was like, I don't think about that one direct.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess you're not playing to I'm not playing okay, Morgan, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Everybody took my big ones. Okay, I think I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: Jackson five, Yeah, fifty cent and Jackson five lunchbox yet blank one eighty two?
Speaker 10: Who are you adding?
Speaker 12: Three doors down?
Speaker 10: Let's go, Amy? You have Maroon five?
Speaker 5: Who are you adding one?
Speaker 6: Republic?
Speaker 11: Is that tedor?
Speaker 9: Mm hmm?
Speaker 5: It's too late to apologize. I'll be adding to match Marks twenty. Tupac, oh, the number two Pac.
Speaker 6: I did not because I was spelling him to.
Speaker 12: That's the problem.
Speaker 11: Stop.
Speaker 5: Well I was really, I mean, that's why I've seen it spell both ways. I'm being honest, right, but I'm going with Tupac.
Speaker 10: With the number two.
Speaker 5: So okay, Now I have Matchworks twenty and Tupac will go one more round and I'll go first. I don't know I'm gonna go.
Speaker 11: Hmm.
Speaker 10: I've got a few really good ones.
Speaker 11: I can't think of any.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go because I feel like both the minor older. I'm gonna go twenty one pile I haven't yeah, twenty one pilots from me.
Speaker 10: Amy have Maroon five and one Republic.
Speaker 6: That's that's what I have.
Speaker 11: Okay, you picked them, I know.
Speaker 6: Because what I had is taken.
Speaker 10: So I can't sit here.
Speaker 6: So you just saw we just saw this guy in Vegas. So I'll go thirty seconds to Mars.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh yeah, Jared leto lunchbox. You have Blink one eighty two and three Doors Down.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Now I'm in trouble. Mmm. I don't know who these bands are?
Speaker 11: Then, how do you have them on the list?
Speaker 12: Well, Google, Google. I mean, I've heard of them, but I don't know what they sing like. I couldn't name.
Speaker 10: Their songs.
Speaker 12: Any mean, mom, But I know this one I'm gonna go with, and hopefully they associate him with his band, Go ahead, Andre three thousand, Okay, hopefully they associate him without.
Speaker 11: He's an artist too, I know, but i'll ye.
Speaker 5: Morgan, I'm gonna go one.
Speaker 2: That is a massive band right now, the nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, very popular.
Speaker 5: All the Tailor fans are like cursing you.
Speaker 3: Though, well then they also still love them.
Speaker 11: It's kind of weird.
Speaker 5: Why it's a weird situation is that she dated that dude. Oh the Four Trials bet ray last pick you have one direction and you two.
Speaker 13: Yeah, try and go tops on another category? Give me five sauce? What five seconds?
Speaker 10: This summer?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: Got it?
Speaker 5: What got it? All?
Speaker 13: My bad guys are using the kids lingo nowadays.
Speaker 10: I mean I really I would struggle with no one. I know who they are that awesome.
Speaker 5: I didn't call them five sauce?
Speaker 11: Are they still they still making music?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Again?
Speaker 5: Okay, so there are teams. Here's something we didn't pick that I had on my list. I'm forty one.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I didn't know who they were.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 10: Boys two men?
Speaker 5: Oh almost picked boys? Stupid every list I look at it weren't on there all for one ub forty, the four Tops, Sugar Pa, Honeybunch, nine inch Nails, be fifty two's whoa?
Speaker 12: Why did they not have boys? The men on these lists?
Speaker 5: Three Days Grace, four non Blondes, Ben Folds five sixpence and on.
Speaker 10: The richer two chains, oh thirty six mafia? That those wrong?
Speaker 5: Three eleven, three eleven That Ambaza color of.
Speaker 6: Ooh is that? Who sinks that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Three eleven?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Wow that just back to college.
Speaker 10: So here are the teams. Go vote, don't vote for the first round pick.
Speaker 5: It's not fair because I got the first pick, so I don't vote on just the first round, vote on the whole team. I have Matchbox twenty two pac and twenty one pilots. Amy has Maroon five, one Republican and thirty seconds to Mars. Lunchbox has Blink one eighty two, three Doors Down and Andre three thousand. Morgan has fifty cent Jackson five in the nineteen seventy five and RAYMONDA has one Direction You two and five Sauce.
Speaker 4: Five.
Speaker 1: Good job, good job, all right, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: So I guess not a good show out for me because I lost this draft, which I was very happy with my team fifty cent Jackson five in nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 3: I felt strongly about that team, but I did not.
Speaker 2: I lost, so I'll be sitting out the next draft. And Amy won this one, so she gets to keep the championship belt. For now, we're going to dive into this interview with Jelly.
Speaker 3: Roll and Bobby.
Speaker 2: He talks about an inspirational quote that he heard this year and really likes. Of course, his collaboration with Laney Wilson and that time he was wrestling so just a really good interview.
Speaker 3: Jelly's always one of my favorite to see come in the studio.
Speaker 2: He's so authentic, very genuine, and I swear he gets nicer every time I see him. And I said it on my Instagram and I'll say it here, like every time I see Jelly Roll, it makes me feel like Christmas Day. He just has that kind of energy and it makes you love a person. Also, he manifested his Grammys nominations that he recently got while we were on the red carpet together at the CMA.
Speaker 3: So you can go check that out on my TikTok. But right now, here's Jelly Rolling.
Speaker 1: Bobby number four, So Bobby Bones Show interviews in case you didn't.
Speaker 5: Know Jelly Roll, He's everywhere. He's killing it. Son of a Center at number one, Need a Favor, same tok to Guy a ninety to favor his song now with Landy Wilson, Save Me Not to Do the same thing Love, Nominated for two Grammys. He won Best New Artists at the CMA Awards. I mean, this guy's killing it here.
Speaker 1: He is on the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 10: Now, good to see you man, Good to be bag Baby. It's like with you.
Speaker 5: It's like flashes. Now You're everywhere. It's awesome to see. It's like good guys win type thing. Is are you enjoying it or is it such a blur? Because I mean it has come fast.
Speaker 4: It got blurry at the beginning of the year, and I recognize that. And I talked about my mentor my therapist about it, and I was like, I don't want to look back at these years like a vortex. And the best advice they gave me was separate myself from my phone.
Speaker 10: Just in general.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so like wherever I'm at, that's where i'm at. I'll check that phone and deal with stuff between stuff. But like, all the matters is right. All the matters in my life right now is hanging out with Bobby Bonums and the crew.
Speaker 5: Have you found that you have a new appreciation for first impressions again, because I feel like I get to see people meet you all the time, and you were always in that rare air of just you're awesome with people, and I feel like you've made that a priority more than really I've seen anyone do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, man. I take pride in it. Dude. It's like I knew that I wasn't going to be a great entertainer, but I knew that I could be a great connector, So early in my career, I chose connection over entertainment, even when it comes to writing songs, like I'm writing to connect, Like I'm not going to get up there and do it diddy or nothing, you know what I mean. There's never gonna be a jelly roll song that requires a backflip, you know what I mean. So it's like I knew that early. So I've just focused on connecting with people.
Speaker 5: With you and the different types of careers that you have and still have like you did, You've done it in all these different ways. And I only say this on a parallel like I've worked in tons of I've done hip hop, I've done pop, I've done rock, I've done sports. So do you know, do this but I'm still the same person, Like that's nothing about me has changed. I just have all these interests in these places. When you were twenty four, did you ever think you would be doing country music or was that just something that you knew and you love from where you grew up, But you really were dedicated to hip hop.
Speaker 4: I just I didn't think I had the voice. I didn't know I could really sing until I was in my thirties, Like I had no clue. And to this day, I still think I'm like the worst singer in town. I'm just learning as I go, Like I'm getting better, you know what i mean. Like even if you listen to me from Son of a Center to Need a Favor, it's just so much less, less pitchy, and so much more, you know what I mean. Like, So I'm just I'm just developing into this. I always say it, Bobby, and I mean a dude, the man changed. I just drug the music with me. The music never knows where we're going. They're just like, whatever this dude's doing, we're doing, you know what I mean. So I changed, my heart changed, my spirit changed, and the music started to change slowly.
Speaker 5: How do you even go anywhere now? Because not even it's not just the fame and the awards and the Grammy. It's not even just that in the Hulu doc, It's that you have face tattoos and gold trees that even if they were like I don't know, is that I don't know if that jolly roll or not, like like's it been harder to go out and do normal person things a.
Speaker 4: Little bit, because dude, not only that, Bobby, I mean, I'm so big you can recognize me from the back. You can stand behind me and go, that looks like Jelly Rolls shape, you know. But it's been cool.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I love people, so it don't bother me at all. Dude, you know, I just move on with the move.
Speaker 5: So you're a panda express eating and somebody comes up that they know, what.
Speaker 10: If you said, no, it's not me. I get that all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah you can't, you can't do that. You're like, yeah, man, people tell me that all the time, but like, no, the face tattoos are exactly like this.
Speaker 10: I'm in the picture I just googled.
Speaker 4: My favorite is when they go you look like Jelly Roll and they're like, people are like, you look like jelly Roll, And I'm thinking, God, bless that poor person that does you know what I mean, Like, of course I'm Jelly.
Speaker 10: Ro I'm not evenna acknowledge that. I make fun of myself a lot.
Speaker 5: But I'm not gonna acknowledge that because I think you're awesome and I think we've watched you grow into who knows like we don't know you every single day like your wife does.
Speaker 10: But it's like I feel like when.
Speaker 5: You were in here the very first time to now even that's a different person and not not in a negative way, in a way of like it's it's weird to see somebody get way more famous and way more cool at the same time.
Speaker 4: A dude, thank you, man. I ground myself, Dude, I do a lot of reading. I do a lot of nerdy stuff that people don't know. I play video games, like I'm going to wrestling like I'm just like you know, I'm just that's just who I am.
Speaker 5: Do you ever want to be a wrestler? And that would be fun?
Speaker 4: Oh, dude, I thought about listen they had I never told this story. It's jolly roll exclusive. There was a wrestling academy in Laverne when I was a kid, and it was ran by the dude from a group cup. Does anybody listen? What am I the only wrestling nerd?
Speaker 10: Really?
Speaker 4: Okay? Do you remember da Yeah? Chains owned that studio. So I was like nine or ten years old, and they would take us to Laverne and let us run around that ring and teach us stuff, and I loved it. There was definitely a moment. In that moment, I was like, I'm gonna do this forever. Even when they called me to be a part of the show in Nashville, I was like, do I get to body slam somebody? It was like it hardy got to hit somebody with a guitar. They're like, no, you're doing dialogue. I was like, but I'm more athletic than you think, I swear.
Speaker 10: Were you a pretty eas an athlete?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I played. Yeah, I played football. Well you know if my high school I missed, but I played football, basketball, and wrestling in middle school.
Speaker 10: You say miss prison.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was in Jewie.
Speaker 5: But did you guys know I saw Long's Yard Yeah yeah, yeah, no, no, no, we had a boxing program.
Speaker 4: I started boxing one really. Yeah. But when I think back at that, how crazy is that. Let's get a bunch of violence young kids and teach them.
Speaker 10: To fight jelly rolls here?
Speaker 5: Speaking of that, I did see too that And I'm not gonna know this exactly, but you're doing like a show in a like a somebody announced I saw somebody in with like a badge and hounce.
Speaker 10: You're doing a show.
Speaker 4: So we stopped by jails all the time.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: We probably performed with maybe twenty of them this year. If I had a guess, probably twenty thirty rehabs you have, yeah, this year. We do it all the time on tour. It's a big thing we do. And uh, there was this sheriff in Chesterfield County, Missouri. Not on my fault up Michigan. No, No, the Michigan's where I'm going, but there was one in another I gotta get it anyways, but he's seen what I did with that guy, and these sheriffs are a lot alike and they have a big re entry program. And he called me and I said, dude, I'm in man, and he's the cool thing is he's fired up. It's in Flint, Michigan. It's the Flint, Michigan County Jail. They have a barber program. So I'm gonna go in unless somebody cut my hair that day. Every inmate who's graduating barber college or got their ged will walk that day with a robe and cap. He gives them robes and caps, which is really cool. I didn't get one. And I get to do a speech at the ceremony. Then I'm gonna sing some songs.
Speaker 10: I found it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the Genesee County Sheriff of Michigan announced jail concert featuring Jelly Roll December fifth.
Speaker 10: Do you ever record these?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the day after my birthday too, birthday. Good. Yeah, we recorded one for a Netflix thing in the UK. I went back to my old jail and they let me perform at the jail I was in in South and Ashvilla and Hardy Only, UK. Yeah, but you have I don't understand how that worked out.
Speaker 12: America.
Speaker 10: Why can't we watch it?
Speaker 4: I know, like like they can't watch my Hulu doc over there.
Speaker 5: So that's answer to that. Well, that Hulu doc is very raw. I like it because you know, with that documentary there's a good I don't even like good or bad, but we'll just say there's there's one side and there's the other side.
Speaker 10: You show it all. You're very vulnerable in it as well.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like people feel they know you better because they've seen you express lows and they feel more comfortable to come talk to you because you've been vulnerable with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I think it's I think it's vulnerability is something that I believe the generation before for me miss the most, especially amongst men. We're old enough. I don't want to share our age, but we're close right and like me, and it was like a rule. You just didn't talk about stuff, and I was like, man, we got to break that as men, we got to start being more vulnerable and creating safe spaces for other men and women to just like me and my wife's entire thing is built on connection and creating a safe space. I want you to be able to call me and talk to me about you won't talk to anybody about.
Speaker 10: Like the couple bubble. That's what I call it.
Speaker 5: A little bit like we got a bubble, and we got to make sure the bubble is protected at all costs with each other, and then we can figure everything else out. You and your wife have a strong relationship there.
Speaker 4: Yep. Yeah, I might steal that from me because we just call it the foxhole, and we call it like an onion. There's layers of our foxhole, but the foxhole is just me and my wife and our daughter, you know what I mean, even just me and my wife, and we bring the daughter in. We need it because you don't want to stress her with life stuff, you know, So It's like this is my foxhole, and then the next layer is this small group of family and friends. It's just creating these safe spaces.
Speaker 5: What is your wife? What's her importance to you on a personal level?
Speaker 4: Man, constant motivation, inspiration, but listen by it. Let me tell you something about my wife, and I'm sure I can tell you feel like this about yours. She's my best friend. And I don't say that loosely, Like when I have a moment to call somebody to just laugh about something, like you know you have them go to people in your mind. I watched me in all day, like I gotta step outside and call my wife. I'm like, yes, I got a moment to call my wife, you know what I mean? Like I'm excited to call her, Like I know we're gonna giggle, I know we're gonna sort through stuff like that's the that to me, Her inspiration, her motivation, her willingness. Just man, I could brag on her for days. Dude, She's everything I'm not. You know, I'm gonna I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do a post about it. Her closet looks like the epitome of organization, and mine is two suitcases strung out on the floor opened. You know what I'm saying, and I'm like, this is our this is why I have my stuff together because of this woman.
Speaker 5: You know in that documentary you took Hillary Lindsay she's with you and she's you get You took her on the road to write. If I'm wrong on this, but on the head to write, and you're writing and you're singing in like a higher voice with her, I think she's like pushing you a little bit. What's the difference in your rapping voice and your singing voice.
Speaker 4: I can sing with more conviction than I could have rapped with, which is what I love the most about being able to sing.
Speaker 5: Am I right about that, because it's been I've seen that like months ago.
Speaker 10: But wasn't she like having you sing higher?
Speaker 4: Yeah? For sure. I was trying to sing with her, and you know, Hillary can't sing. For those of y'all that don't know, she's one of the greatest songwriters ever and she has the voice of an angel and her range is ridiculous. But I ended up actually singing the song in that key, so I ended up shooting for it on there.
Speaker 10: Anyways, do you feel confident when you're singing at all.
Speaker 4: Now, sometimes you know how it is like anything else, like when the room's right, like when you do comedy and the room feels good and it sounds good, and you're like, oh no, this is like like the opry is one of those places. I've never sounded bad every t except for Leslie Jordan's tribut because I was crying, you know what I mean. But every time it's like you just certain rooms you feel good, and some rooms you go in and they feel flat. Not the people the room, like empty room feels that. You're like, man, it's gonna be a rough night at the office.
Speaker 5: Like they give you the confidence to be better. Therefore you're better for sure. After you wanted the CMA Awards and you say some really cool things and then it shows your trophies broken.
Speaker 10: Now was that a prop trophy?
Speaker 5: Because whenever I got they would always give me a prop trophy.
Speaker 10: And I'm like, if they gave Jelly Old a real trophy that night, like that's baller.
Speaker 4: I got a prop trophy, but I didn't know because I haven't got as many trophies as you, so I was thinking I'd ruined my only seat I still secretly hope they duck tape it and send it back to Amy broke hers.
Speaker 6: Did you well a couple of them, yeah, multiple of well, one of them I did, and another one Scuba Steve did, and they're in the boxes both of us. Is a situation where one fell out of his car, one fell out of mine. But they're a glass and so it's a sitting right here next to me, y'all.
Speaker 4: Didn't wrap it up, y'all have that little reverence?
Speaker 6: Oh no, there was. It just accidentally fell out and it was still in the CMA box like the protective box. And when you open it up set it's broken like it's.
Speaker 4: Very Oh so you didn't know it until you open.
Speaker 6: It to like super good. I guess.
Speaker 4: Is that Steve's story too, or was it an alcohol related in.
Speaker 7: Oh, it was actually lunchbox because I told him not to put him in the back seat and he did it slid out and happy to be Amy's.
Speaker 4: You know what I love about this show. I just watched the diamono effect of the blame.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's what happen the trails all the way and eventually get back to me or you if you just sit here long enough. What's been the coolest thing about the last.
Speaker 4: Year the ability to help people. Somebody said a quote that changed my entire life. He said, if we believe, and this changed me just the middle of this year, if we believe that our purpose is to be happy, how much more narcissistic could we be? Our purpose in life is to be useful? And man, that changed my entire approach.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I mean that's when I started being like, we gotta go to rehabs, we gotta go to jails. We gotta quit just writing checks and helping people. We got to show up and be people in service. And that's been the coolest part, man, is that almost every room I walk into, I make somebody happy. And I spent so many years walking into rooms either completely unseen or bringing the energy down. So now it's really cool to come in and lift things up.
Speaker 5: How hard is it to go from being in prison to being just a normal citizen.
Speaker 4: It takes a few years, and it's like, dude, I haven't been to jail in you know, four thirteen years or something. I went by my old jail again the other day for a TV special and it's so humbling. I went back to the old halfway house, and I was thinking about it that thirteen years later, I still look at things like I still won't play spades.
Speaker 10: Because it reminds you of what you do now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still won't play diamondos. I don't eat flaming hot Cheetos, and I love flaming hot Cheetos, but they're a big commodity in jail, you know what I'm saying. For whatever reason, you put them on sandwiches and stuff. But it's like, yeah, those things you realize stick with you forever. And that's just from my childhood being in and out of being in and out for eight nine years. I think about guys like Struggle, who did six seven years five six seven years straight, or dudes have done ten twenty thirty years. I couldn't have maned reacclimating to society.
Speaker 10: What's been the hardest thing about the last year.
Speaker 4: The schedule full? Maybe too honest, but the schedule Sometimes you're just like, man, I just you know, it's a lot. I'm grateful for it. You don't want to talk about it's hard.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 4: Are we in a safe space right now? It's like yeah, right, because it's like you I don't want to come off ungrateful.
Speaker 10: You're not to question I complained about schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but sometimes you look at the schedule and you're just like, man, I just you know, I wish I had a little autonomy. I wish I just had a couple of days to like, you know, dude, I think I've slept in my bed thirty eight days this year, and Laney did seventeen last year, so she's like grime here or wherever.
Speaker 5: There was a point where I was thinking to myself and I kind of had to adopt the I'm lucky I get to be this tired because I work so hard to be able to run this ragged and I would have to have that or I would have just died, right, But that's what I had to really commit myself to be, like, I'm so fortunate to be able to be this exhausted flying all over the country doing this stuff because it does suck, but like you deserve it, and you deserve to be that tired, and congratulations, that's the greatest thing, the greatest thing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's the greatest thing.
Speaker 4: It's the gift in the curse. Right, It's like the schedule gets exhausting but then you're like, man, this is dude. I'll be in I think four different states this week, and that's awesome to me, you know what I mean. I'm working all the way up until like the twentieth of December. I think is my last thing. The seventeen shows left this year really even when this airs.
Speaker 6: So what do you do to you know, rest and like if you have that moment or to recharge, what does that look like for you?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 4: I'm nerd, dude. I play video games a lot. What do you play though, Like Call of Duty or I'll play Mad and I play everything anything that's like I'm a real tribal guy, so anything that we can play as a team, you know what I mean. I'm into all that stuff and golf. I finally got to golf the other day. It was awesome. I went out a Black Friday and played it my old water and hold. It was fun.
Speaker 5: That's the first time I ever saw you, like in person, was on a golf course. Yeah, with Steve Hodges years and years and years baby, yeah. And I was like, oh, jolly, Rold the Rapper plays golf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I love it too, dude. I played the other day for like the fourth time this year, having so busy and the other three were like scrambles like Charity and I had a good time, dude. I played pretty decent, man, I mean I shot high, but I had a couple of holes that I was like, I still got it.
Speaker 10: That's all it takes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all too. You know that game has a curse. You can go out there and bomb for seventeen holes and make one par and be like, I'm quitting my job, dud, I'm going to the league, dude, I'm joining the product, Like this is it? Why am I rapping? Why am I singing?
Speaker 5: Let's talk about save Me? So you know the song you mentioned Lanny? You and Lanny do this song together. I mean I feel like before this was even put out as a single, it had had single momentum and like single feel behind it because of how it had touched people.
Speaker 10: Do you feel the same way? And why do you think that is?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Man, it's like, well, I think that it was just so honest at the time, we needed honesty. This was in the middle of twenty twenty when I dropped it. Now when I met with the record label. This is how the sausage is made super inside Baseball. I take Jonathan Lower to the side before we signed our deal, I say, look, I know this song is already a double platinum song, but man, I get so many messages about the impact of its song. I think it could help so many people if we could find the right partner and give perspective. And this was before I signed the deal, before son of a Center, before need to favor any of this, you know, And he goes, I agree, let's find the right partner. And when I went to Lanny about it, it was a no brainer. Want I heard the conviction in her voice, you know, talking about God being good Bobby. I would have never I knew that she was on a hot streak when I got her on the record, and at the beginning of this year, I said, Lannie, I want you to know I'm hooking my trailer to your train.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 4: This everything Jelly Roll can do with this song I've done. I need a woman's perspective and I need your spirit on this. And she said, I got it. And then that same year she goes on the win Entertainer of the Year and have four or five number ones. I mean, she just had an unreal year. So I couldn't have had a better dance partner. I think she actually did all the heavy lifting on this one.
Speaker 5: You guys could follow at jelly Roll six one five, which Eddie brought to us that you you know, tell him.
Speaker 11: Vam jelly Roll follows me on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Yeah, babe, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 11: Was that a mistake? Did you accidentally slip?
Speaker 4: I am a fan of the show. This is I could when I get on here. I just ruggle not to ask y'all stuff that y'all didn't elaborate on that I want to know about it, that I might have missed the next one that somebody told what ended up happening. You know, I got questions, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Well, he was.
Speaker 5: He came in one day, top of the world. He's like, jelly Roll follows me.
Speaker 11: It made my ear man.
Speaker 5: And then we told him its probably a fake account.
Speaker 4: No, no, dude, it's me, dude. I'm there. I love y'all, dude. I love this show good see No, no, my mama loves this show down. I love you, baby.
Speaker 10: We do so happy for you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I hope hopefully I'll see him passing a few times because just running experiencing the success and spreading the word. You know, it's really cool to see it just blow up and for you to be like more cool, like chill or more down.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just we're around each other all the time, and I get to see new people come and meet you for the first time and freak out, and you treat everybody like they're the only person you have ever met in your entire life.
Speaker 10: Thank you, it's super cool to see.
Speaker 4: No, it's the coolest thing ever. Thank y'all for having me. Thank you for the show, being an advocate for Jelly. It's been fun from day one. This was my first big look on the on radio. I'll never forget the first interview and it going viral for us and how much that do for me in my career. I'll always think of y'all. That's why we're friends. That's why I follow all of y'all. That's why harassed Scuba Steve all the time. And uh, I just love y'all man, and I love you, dude, and thank you by the way. That night we did the opry, I've seen you talked about it the next day on the show Man. It meant a lot to me.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I've never seen that place more electric.
Speaker 5: Pre I had to go on right before you, and I was like, man, this crowd is nuts and I'm telling jokes right, and I'm like, they're nuts, not in a bad way, not in a good way.
Speaker 10: It's just a weird feeling.
Speaker 5: And then I was like, oh, and I say, I said, jelly Roll in the place like popped And there's a clip aub on the internet where I'm this woman it's going crazy, and I'm like, you're here for jelly Roll And she looks like I think, I say, she looks like Martha Stewart meets Girls Gone Wild.
Speaker 10: And she's out of her mind.
Speaker 5: But she's like somebody that would see at the post office. I've never seen that place more electric. Pre Like I've seen Garth come on and it'd be a freaking monster, but I've never seen it electric before somebody comes on and I've been at they I've played it twenty five times afore I hosted the show hundred times. That was the craziest performance I've ever seen before you even got on stage.
Speaker 10: For you, it was awesome.
Speaker 4: It was awesome, dude, And thank you When you said that. I appreciate it, but just know I love y'all, like all of y'all.
Speaker 5: This is awesome, all right at jelly roll six one five. He may follow you everybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but can you say that quote that you shared me too, that you heard this year that changed your perspective, changed your life. I just I feel like closing on that would be really good because I think that is such a powerful thing.
Speaker 4: It's that if we think the purpose of life is to be happy, that's so narcissistic of us. The purpose of life is to be useful. I just want to be a man of service.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that, And I just want Arkansas WA National championship with football.
Speaker 10: But we're both working, aren't we.
Speaker 5: All right there, he is jelly everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: It's been a while since Lunchbox has truly upset people, you know. I mean, he always makes people angry and annoyed, but this is the first time I think he's been controversial and a hot minute. Y'all were calling up a storm about this one and posting online. Lunchbox's wife had her fortieth birthday and he had come on the show and been like, what do I do?
Speaker 3: It was like a few days before, Well he did nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna lay that out right here so you can prepare for the anger that's probably about to come over your whole body. Here's Lunchbox talking about what happened on his wife's birthday.
Speaker 5: Number three, Lunchbox his wife's fortieth birthday? Has it happened or is it about to happen?
Speaker 12: No, it's happened. She's forty. She crossed over that bridge.
Speaker 5: Well, we had the big talk like what were you gonna do for it? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I know, and most of I said something.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you guys said I should plan it. I said, she knows what she wants, she knows who she wants to invite. She should do it if she wants something, And how does it feel? Just that don't feel healthy? It feels so wrong. No, No, it's not healthy to put the pressure on me.
Speaker 5: That's the job you signed up for as her husband.
Speaker 12: I did not sign up as party planner. Yeah you kind of did for a fortieth Yeah, okay, cool. Well I didn't do anything. So I looked at it as it's an added pressure because you know what you want. So just plan it, because if I don't do it the way you want it, you're gonna be upset. So why wouldn't you just plan what you want?
Speaker 5: So whatever she did, she plan your fortieth birthday?
Speaker 12: No, it was more of a group text.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you you just did a face where you were like, eh.
Speaker 12: No, No, it was more of a group text. I guess she did a little bit. So we went to Vegas. She went, no, no, no, it was me, her, Ryan Garrett, and Missy. We all went to Vegas and we did like three days and then Ryan, Garrett and Missy left, and then she booked us at a different hotel and had like my first ever spa day and that's when we had the spot ourselves. It's pretty awesome, be honest.
Speaker 11: She planned all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, she planned stuff. It's her fourtieth birthday. You plan nothing or you just doing a bit?
Speaker 12: No, no plan nothing. And then I was like, all, maybe we should go to dinner, but then we couldn't find a babysitter.
Speaker 10: Because you thought that so last minute.
Speaker 12: Yeah, couldn't find a babysitter. So her fortieth came and went. She ordered a birthday cake. I went and picked it up from the bakery. We had some cake, which she ordered it though her own cake. Yeah, which is good because she knew what she wanted.
Speaker 10: But you should also know what she wants to since your a husband, you're with her every day.
Speaker 12: I don't know what kind of cake she wants. You want a different cake different times a year. You don't want the same cake every time?
Speaker 5: Sure, a lot of cakes.
Speaker 12: I couldn't tell you the favorite kind of cake. Guys, it's not like we eat cake once a week. I don't know. Okay, so had the cake different times of the year, right, But like kid's birthday, we make a different cake every year.
Speaker 5: I mean I probably Yeah, I tell you, buddy, go ahead.
Speaker 12: So didn't have a babysitter. So this Friday we are going to dinner. We made a she made a five pm reservation because daycare has extended hours where parents can go Christmas shop. You know, they're like, oh, it's free, we'll stay upen until nine, and so we're gonna go to dinner five and celebrate her birthday.
Speaker 5: What do you say, except I I'm not not bad.
Speaker 10: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 5: I'm not even disappointed because that was kind of the expectation. I guess I'm disappointed that I'm not. I don't are surprised.
Speaker 12: I don't understand.
Speaker 5: I wanted you to kind of be like, we planned this, it was awesome. Surprised her with this, or we went into it, didn't mean crazy if you did nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like maybe that there's been some growth, or you know, you.
Speaker 5: Woke her up and you have a flowers in the morning when you woke up, you send her on.
Speaker 12: The How would I get it? Flowers were in the morning. A flowers shop ain't open at three o'clock in.
Speaker 11: The morning at the day. But if you can't buy it the day, But yeah, where are you going to put them in your car?
Speaker 5: I keep mine in my car and I put a little blanket over them. No, they didn't die, not in one night. And was she upset at all that she did nothing for a birthday except order her own cake.
Speaker 12: She didn't say anything, So I don't think.
Speaker 5: So what if that happened to you and she did nothing for you and you just sat at home.
Speaker 12: I'd kind of suck. M uh huh. Yeah, But I'm not. I'm not a planner.
Speaker 5: I feel like we're talking to my fifteen years do you have any guilt at all?
Speaker 12: Like no, I mean maybe a little bit, Like I didn't even get her card, Like maybe I should have got our cards a happy birthday. I didn't do that.
Speaker 10: Get her a gift?
Speaker 12: No, I didn't get her a gift.
Speaker 11: What I get her?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Dude, you should think she likes Dude, it's your wife.
Speaker 6: I just it doesn't feel like we're having a real conversation.
Speaker 11: That's what I'm saying. This is crazy.
Speaker 5: This is I know everybody, this is I promise you. If it's a bit, it's a bit to me too. And I don't know he's putting me on too, because people like, there's no way this is true. That's what people say all the time. There's no way this is true. We did not sit and go lunchbox. You say this, and I'll say this, promise you.
Speaker 12: Like, literally, I don't know what my wife would want as.
Speaker 5: A present, even time away from you and the kids.
Speaker 12: Is that really a present?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Like you send her to again a spa here in town, get a massage.
Speaker 6: Yeah you liked that, right, you enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: You know I liked it because they did it? Did what what the small room that he got for them, she got for them.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, we talked about that.
Speaker 5: I liked it.
Speaker 12: They literally said, hey, you have the room to yourself for an hour, and they didn't and we'll knock before we come back.
Speaker 6: I did not remember remember that.
Speaker 5: Good good for you. Then, okay, well, we're sorry I forgot about We're sorry to her.
Speaker 10: We try to be a good influence.
Speaker 12: I thought we did pretty good.
Speaker 5: Now we can say happy birthday Lunchbox's wife.
Speaker 10: That sucks.
Speaker 12: You know what I did do something for her birthday.
Speaker 10: Let's go.
Speaker 12: That is the day I came up here at night and interviewed the challenge.
Speaker 5: No way, that was the night you came up here.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, that's right.
Speaker 11: Okay, she's still married.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 5: But at the end of the must but at the.
Speaker 12: End of the podcast, at the end of the view interviewed the challenge, people said, Hi, your birthday tour good?
Speaker 10: Okay? Was she up here with them meeting them?
Speaker 12: No? No kids?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: I had to share this update here, which feels it always feels weird when I include myself on this because I'm sitting here talking with y'all.
Speaker 3: But I did share an update.
Speaker 5: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Remember I gave a country artist my phone number on a friendship bracelet and I.
Speaker 3: Hadn't got a text for a while, but I did get a text.
Speaker 2: Over Thanksgiving, and so I shared what that text said, and everybody shared their thoughts. It was a whole situation, and more than anything, I just want to thank y'all for just I mean, you guys have been rallying around me, supporting me and just like so hopeful for me to find love and encouraging any and every which way I'm doing that. So shout out to you guys, because you guys are so awesome. And right now you're about to hear the latest update in the saga of the friendship Bracelet number two.
Speaker 5: Reagan News Fagan News. Well, well, well, Dustin Lynch text Morgan. That's all I know. I'd come on, let me just say that, let me do a quick version of the recap. Morgan was like, I'm gonna shoot my shot with Dustin Lynch. Lorgan's like, I've been single for a while, ile Dustin's a nice dude. I'm gonna give him a friendship bracelet with my phone number.
Speaker 12: On it.
Speaker 5: We're like, go for it. She does, we don't hear anything back. Then the label reaches out and like, hey, let's send him on a date. And I'm like, wait, is this a bit.
Speaker 10: For the label?
Speaker 6: In an airplane?
Speaker 10: Yeah, in an airplane?
Speaker 5: And then and then I'm like, well, maybe the label thinks this is a bit. So the water's muddy, but we're swimming, and so he hadn't texted you, and now he finally does.
Speaker 10: Now I know nothing about it.
Speaker 5: Guys, So everything she really know nothing?
Speaker 10: Morgan? Do I know anything?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't send him anything.
Speaker 6: I just said he texted.
Speaker 5: So we're all gonna hear and learn together. Morgan, what did Dustin Lynch, singer of songs like.
Speaker 10: Angel Girl, You're.
Speaker 11: Good, Good Girl Good? I No, No, that's Tom Peg?
Speaker 10: All right, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to read the full text or do you well?
Speaker 8: Do you feel like, yeah, I think what she's asking me is should you read the whole text or should she keep him up a private I don't think she's going you, guys, that's to you.
Speaker 5: I would say it just depends because I don't know what the text says.
Speaker 10: So you do your best judgment Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'll just give you a recap and then you can view the text message later. But basically he said, like I saw the show convo.
Speaker 5: Because I'm already like feeling this is difficult for me, and I need to know when are you time out with your hands?
Speaker 6: Because when did this?
Speaker 5: When did the great question?
Speaker 12: Was it on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: It came in last Tuesday.
Speaker 6: And you've kept it from us.
Speaker 5: I just kind of was.
Speaker 3: Sitting on it. I was trying to figure out how it felt.
Speaker 2: Okay, I needed to process it.
Speaker 10: Okay, go ahead, So he said.
Speaker 2: He was like, I think you're awesome. Obviously, he decided a while back that he didn't want to date in the industry, so but he was like, I think it'd be fun to jump in the plane and go for a little film trip and take Lunchbox with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah with you.
Speaker 10: Well, here's what I want to say.
Speaker 12: I'm married.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 12: If he's trying to get to Lunchbox, that's I'm happily married.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox is in the industry too, So okay, first of all, I would like to acknowledge that it's brave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: I hope you don't have any regret.
Speaker 2: No, no regrets, and honestly, like I appreciate that, he texted, I appreciate the honesty, like all good, I'm good.
Speaker 10: No regrets is what I say.
Speaker 6: No, I had.
Speaker 2: Honestly already like kind of moved on and forgot about it.
Speaker 10: And you want to go to commercial lunch?
Speaker 11: He said, Should we try another artists?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, stand So again, I agree, no regrets. Now that being said, that's not it's not it's not.
Speaker 3: No, he's not interested.
Speaker 5: That's I'm just saying that so our audience knows that we're all in this room on the same page.
Speaker 12: Okay, Yeah, to drive it home, he started, Yeah, there's nothing there. Yeah, I never got off the runway.
Speaker 10: Oh good one his loss.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, you know what, I I put myself out there. I still think he's a good guy.
Speaker 2: He has his feelings about who and how he wants to day and that's but I respect it.
Speaker 10: And you're I think you're the best.
Speaker 5: But if he found something industry he wanted date, he'd still tate him.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: That's a guy who says, I'm not looking looking to date right now. No, they're not looking to date you, right, not you Morgan they're not looking to date you right now.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not looking for a commitment right now. I mean I don't want to have fun with you, but I don't want to have a commitment right now.
Speaker 10: But if you are committed, no offense, teamwork, no, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Oh man.
Speaker 10: That being said, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 5: I also inspired a lot of listeners to to just be like, what's the worst thing that can happen? What's already happening?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and dating not here is rough.
Speaker 2: I mean like, sometimes you just got to go a little unconventional and try something different.
Speaker 3: And that's what I did.
Speaker 10: How long would you let me to ban him from the show?
Speaker 12: You don't have to ban no Morgan, come on, Oh, if we brought him in next week, that would be the most awkward thing ever. It would be awesome.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's gonna be awkward because Morgan's mature in him.
Speaker 5: Okay, what if we did what brought Morgan and Dustin and to play spend the bottle with only those two in lunch box?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's the weirdest threesomever you guys.
Speaker 12: Would have to play for the show.
Speaker 10: For the show Man okay, well, yeah, so now I need.
Speaker 3: A text him back.
Speaker 11: I have not.
Speaker 6: But do you think it could be about what I read about? When it comes to justin.
Speaker 10: Here's the thing, you can say whatever now.
Speaker 12: Okay, so what you read?
Speaker 6: He did a recent interview and he said, what do you.
Speaker 5: Say, Barbara Walters in a recent interview.
Speaker 6: Because it's not like I just heard it in past. But he said that he doesn't want to date in Nashville, or dating in Nashville is scary because so many women here kiss and tell and Morgan is on the radio.
Speaker 5: You know, if it was worth it now, yeah? Would it's different? Oh?
Speaker 6: He said the gossip afterwards was not worth it.
Speaker 12: You know how many people date in Nashville and don't worry about the kiss.
Speaker 10: It's not a thing if you want it. So we hate that, but we love the man. Keep going.
Speaker 5: We're proud of you.
Speaker 10: Are going on the play?
Speaker 12: Are we going up in the point?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: Oh you can't want you and him go I'm good.
Speaker 6: Well wait, is this like a way to get somewhere like easily?
Speaker 11: All go?
Speaker 10: Are you just on the phone randomly? No, I'm just on the phone randomly.
Speaker 5: Okay, Scoopa's got like a orded phone up to his ear. I don't know the dustin LNCH hotline rang oh man, right, okay, well, then let's.
Speaker 6: End this like I need to hop up to Arkansas for like a meeting. That'd be creative. I could just get he could fly me there. This is this offer on the table for everybody.
Speaker 12: Amy don't get it.
Speaker 11: No, can you imagine buch He says yes to Amy and not Morgan.
Speaker 12: No, this would be terrible, terrible Amy one, Morgan zero.
Speaker 6: He's so much maybe he's waiting for Abby or Amy so much younger than me.
Speaker 5: I don't know so much. He's like he's probably thirty seven, thirty six, thirty seven, and you're forty one.
Speaker 10: That's not that's nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, forty two, almost forty three.
Speaker 12: But only thirty eight.
Speaker 5: Oh that's so much your.
Speaker 6: Min I'm just different. I come with you know what.
Speaker 12: That's okay?
Speaker 4: It's a plane.
Speaker 6: No. No, I don't no, no. I don't refer to my children as.
Speaker 5: Bagging become children, past relationship.
Speaker 6: I have a good relationship with my thought.
Speaker 5: You were talking about anymore clips your dog coughing?
Speaker 11: You want to hear?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's for sharing that with us. If it were me, I would not respond.
Speaker 10: That's not the healthy thing to do. But you waited a week anyway.
Speaker 6: I just didn't know.
Speaker 3: I wanted to bring it to the show.
Speaker 6: I can't she like double tap heart thumbs up.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't double tap heart heart like that.
Speaker 10: What I would if I were going to do that, I would double tap thumbs down and.
Speaker 12: Or find a gift of a plane that crashes.
Speaker 5: Or just say just say, man, thanks for the text switch just a bit anyway, loser.
Speaker 6: Loser, No, no, thanks for the extra content.
Speaker 12: Or texting bag?
Speaker 5: Who is?
Speaker 11: Hey, did you think I was really serious? Nice?
Speaker 5: Ray? What do you suggest you always have a Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, he's got another chick, so we're done with this one. So yeah, we should definitely have some fun with it. And she should definitely text him back. Try and get that plane ride?
Speaker 11: Please?
Speaker 6: Why not because doesn't know who he's dating.
Speaker 10: No, I'm telling you that people. If that's the case, Dustin's in for a world her.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 6: I got because she's dating somebody else.
Speaker 10: I'm just saying. There are some slipslurping in a public place.
Speaker 11: That's that another dude, Oh that's the kiss in town, and it wasn't.
Speaker 10: It wasn't. I didn't read it anywhere. You mean it wasn't in a interview. I had a friend that was there.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, Morgan, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Send him a nude. Say sorry this.
Speaker 4: Nude.
Speaker 12: Sorry, there's what you're missing.
Speaker 6: I don't like hearing lunch.
Speaker 3: Yet.
Speaker 10: Weird job, Morgan, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the comedic relief that you guys are providing.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 11: It's been great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been a way bigger loser than this before, so don't worry about it.
Speaker 12: I mean, not much.
Speaker 6: She's not a loser.
Speaker 10: She lost this one, but it's okay. When you lose, you get stronger.
Speaker 11: That's like a loss. Say, she's not a loser.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she shot or shot she missed, and now she moves on. But she's stronger because of it, and she knows that the world doesn't end.
Speaker 6: I just didn't know if you thought it was comforting to say to someone I've been a way bigger loser than this, because that I don't know that would bring me comfort interesting, you know, because she's doing fine over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I'm doing good. I genuinely had forgotten about it.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't respond it, I wouldn't respond.
Speaker 5: Okay, just let it flowed on into the world and then we won't have him on the show until twenty twenty five.
Speaker 10: Boom, you mess with our personal right that I doubt that.
Speaker 6: He probably is one of the people that's come on the show the most.
Speaker 10: Sorry sucking.
Speaker 5: Maybe Leura, we'll give away one of my cell phone numbers a day.
Speaker 10: Yoh, okay, that's it all right, thank you Morgan.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 12: Number two.
Speaker 2: Brenda Lee was in the studio this week and my Christmas heart couldn't possibly take it.
Speaker 3: It was such a fun interview and she's just so frickin' adorable.
Speaker 2: Not only that, but we match and everybody when we took the photo, everybody thinks that we may be related in some way, which would be wild. But she talked about the connection between her song Rocking Around the Christmas Tree with Home Alone, and there's a really huge connection. And she also shared some famous friends stories like y'all know Patsy Klein, George Jones. Yeah, she has stories about them because she's been in the industry practically her whole life.
Speaker 3: So just fun stories from Brenda Lee. You're gonna love this interview.
Speaker 2: And if you want to see how adorable she is, there's photos on our instagram where you can watch this interview at YouTube.
Speaker 14: So here we go.
Speaker 2: It is the Christmas Queen herself, or as Bobby calls her, the original Justin Bieber.
Speaker 3: It's Brenda Lee.
Speaker 1: Number one, So Bobby Bones Show Interviews.
Speaker 5: In case you didn't know, this is so cool for me. So Brenda Lee is here. She's celebrating sixty five years of her Christmas song rocking Around the Christmas Tree, Rocking Around Christmas Tree.
Speaker 10: At she recorded in nineteen fifty eight. She was a teenager when she did it.
Speaker 5: She got a new EP out it's more Christmas songs. She has such a life and such a history and country music and rockabilly music and it's super awesome.
Speaker 10: So here she is on the Bobby Bones Show. Now, Brenda, it is so nice to have you in here.
Speaker 5: I see you driving around town sometimes and I always kind of geek out and I'm like, there's Brenda Lee.
Speaker 14: Well, aren't you sweet?
Speaker 5: I am very sweet? Yes, thank you, you're welcoming, very very sweet. Yeah, So correct me if I'm wrong here. But the song that every Christmas has played all the time, over and over again. You sang that when you were six years old? Is that right? Nine? Do you remember singing it? Because I don't remember almost anything at nine years old.
Speaker 14: I do, Yeah, I remember the players that played on it. I don't ever forget. I was sitting at home in the phone rang and I answered it, and it was one of my friends and she said, Brenda, did you know that your song is all over the movie Home Alone?
Speaker 5: It says here that it was recorded in nineteen fifty eight. I guess I just assumed that it had always been a massive Christmas hit because in our life it mostly has been because Home Alone came out when.
Speaker 14: We were youngng eares, Yeah, and it was played, but it wasn't like nobody went crazy over it. Yeah, you know, but it's a good song. It was written by Johnny Marks.
Speaker 5: So was it weird to you that it blew up way later?
Speaker 14: Yeah? It was, And that was really the catalyst that pushed it to where it went.
Speaker 5: And you have a Christmas EP that you put out earlier this month, and you do rocking around the Christmas Tree, Santa clausa comeing Town jingle bell rock a marshmallow world, a reimagined rocking, as we like to.
Speaker 10: Call it in the VIZ. Rocking. That's how we call it, don't you Guys don't call it that, but me and Brendy call it rocket.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we call it rocking.
Speaker 5: So are you known as like the Christmas Lady now? Because that's a big part of how a lot of us were introduced to you, is rocking around the Christmas.
Speaker 6: Stress you get?
Speaker 14: You know, Like I said, I never thought that that would be my signature song that everybody, if they remembered me, would hear that and say, yeah, that was her song. But it's become that. I thought I'm Sorry would be the one.
Speaker 5: Well, what's interesting about that song is it went viral on TikTok for it was on every time I'm sorry so so but that like kids were putting that yeah in their tiktoks.
Speaker 14: It was amazing to me that that group understood and loved that song.
Speaker 10: How old were you when you recorded I'm Sorry?
Speaker 14: Fourteen?
Speaker 10: And as a kid were you just a very gifted singer from a young age?
Speaker 14: I guess. I mean I never took lessons, I never practiced sorry as a kid though, who did, and it just all came natural.
Speaker 5: And at what age did you start to go I think I'm going to do this as a job. Was it at six, seven, eight, nine years old? Did you start traveling around singing?
Speaker 14: Yeah? I did, And I came from a very poor family, very poor background, and I was so thrilled that I was going to get to go and work and do what I loved but get paid for it where I could help my family.
Speaker 10: So would you get on a bus with adults and travel the country?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 14: Not at that point. It was by car and I slept up in the back window. Yeah, because I was little, that's all fit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, So yeah that is old school.
Speaker 6: Because you didn't have to buckle and no seat belts, no seat belts back then, that's right.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you're traveling around the country, you're a kid performer. You're basically Justin Bieber before Justin Bieber. Do you know that I didn't? You're the original had the original Justin Bieber here, which is so yes, yes, which is super cool.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: What I think is remarkable about remarkable about your career is you know, as we talk about the songs that you know, you're like, I'm surprised, But you're in the Country Music Hall of Fame, in the Rock and Roll Hall.
Speaker 14: Of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So you have like two three different massive careers that independently anyone would be super proud of. But the fact that you're in multiple hall of fames just shows how versatile you were as a singer. As an artist, you know, what, what years do you feel like you were thriving the most artistically? Like what age for you you were like on it you felt like you were singing, creating, like everything was going right.
Speaker 14: Probably fourteen, and I was getting the great songs and you get a great song and it's not hard to sing, but it never was worked to me at all.
Speaker 6: I loved it.
Speaker 14: And I think a lot of people in our industry are unhappy because they don't like what they're doing, but they love the money that it's bringing in and they love all that. And you'll finally burn out if you don't like what you're doing.
Speaker 10: Did you ever burn out?
Speaker 6: Never?
Speaker 14: Because I had a lot of responsibility even at the age I was. My dad died when I was seven, and it was almost like and I love to sing nobody made me sing. But it was like, Okay, well I can sing, maybe I can make.
Speaker 10: Some money, and you would send it back home.
Speaker 14: I'd give it to my mama.
Speaker 10: Yes, so I guess you would go back home with it.
Speaker 14: Well, we lived in Georgia, got it. So I was on a show called John Farmer and the TV Ranch Boys, and there was a place, a big, huge dance hall called Sports and I used to sing there every weekend with the guys on the show.
Speaker 10: As a kid.
Speaker 5: Oh so if you're a kid and you're in an industry with a lot of adults, and times are different back then though, but were there are a lot of bad influences around you. Not because it was you, but because that's just the nature of that kind of business. You're just around adults and that the road's hard and there's drinking, And how did that affect you as a kid.
Speaker 14: It didn't affect me because but I would see the drinking and I would see the It was hard even as a kid to ride in a car, and I remember sleeping up in that back window. But yeah, I was kind of kept away and hid from a lot of that.
Speaker 10: Oh that's good. So you have people around you that cared about.
Speaker 5: You, that detected Absolutely, that's great. And when I look back at some of your career, like, for example, playing Vegas at twelve years old, what was Vegas like just for it doesn't even matter what year it was, but for a twil all of year old to be playing Vegas, that had to be really exciting.
Speaker 14: It was exciting, and Vegas was exciting and Vegas was good. Uh, not like it is today.
Speaker 10: Evil.
Speaker 14: Now it's changed a lot.
Speaker 5: Somebody pooped in my shower last time I was in Vegas. Joke went in, there's me pooped in my shower. Brenda, that's so it is evil. So yeah, no, I don't interview. Yeah, I'm telling you in a Vegas trip for me? You he didn't know someone pooped in my shower. We went back in the room after we've been down. No, I wish it had been me. I wouldn't have been as grossed out. We walked back in the room and that we were was pooping our shower from somebody else?
Speaker 14: What'd you do?
Speaker 5: Called and said, there's pooping my shower from somebody else. Vegas has changed. That's why I'm asking about old time Vegas.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I loved old time there. Yeah, the days when Wayne Newton was the thing, and all the good acts and the and the quartets and all they were playing there, and it seemed like that was the place to be at the time.
Speaker 10: Did you ever gamble?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: Oh man, never.
Speaker 6: Never.
Speaker 5: Can I ask you about some people, like, for example, Little Richard so exciting as an artist, not just a player, not just a singer, but as a whole artist.
Speaker 10: And I know that you knew Little Richard.
Speaker 4: What was he like?
Speaker 14: He was crazy in a good way, He was very sweet. He supported a lot of people, and his show was one of the most exciting to this day that I've ever seen. And he's my friend.
Speaker 5: A lot of people would even know him. That's younger than me. From Full House. He went on and was the uncle on Full House, and so he went and he played the school show. I was a big Little Richard fan. I was too.
Speaker 10: What about someone like Patsy Klein.
Speaker 14: Patsy and I were the best of friends, even though I was a lot younger. I was a kid, but I'd go and she'd talked to me about show business, and she taught me a whole lot about how to deal with people. And I lived on Kelly Road at the time, and her we had twelve acres and it was all fenced, and her plane went down almost in our backyard. And it broke my heart because even though, like I said, she was older than me, I just loved her. I still I'm close to her kids.
Speaker 5: To this day.
Speaker 10: What about someone like George Jones.
Speaker 14: Well, George, I mean, what a singer, one of the best singers I've ever heard. But the stuts he pulled, and.
Speaker 10: That we would hear about them, or we see like a recreation, but we probably.
Speaker 11: Have no idea.
Speaker 14: Well, he was funny and you know, I could see him drinking a little bit. But other people say, we don't know how tow that he goes on stage, But he did and he did great. So I never knew that side of.
Speaker 5: Him because you stayed away from him in a personal life. Or your age was so my age was so young.
Speaker 14: Mama wouldn't let me when I got off that stage. Mama was waiting and there we'd go, Well.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of love, it is, Yeah, it is. That's gotta be tough. As you're getting famous, your mom still going I'm still the mom even though you're getting famous.
Speaker 10: What was your mom, Like.
Speaker 14: My mom was a beautiful woman. My dad died when I was seven, so Mama had a lot to do and everything, but she she was she was a pretty woman. And she was asked many times by bailles in the industry for a date and she never would do it. And I would say, Mama, date them, maybe you'll on somebody for yourself and be happy, and she would always say, I'm happy now, So I just kind of let it drop.
Speaker 5: Sounds like she is one of the major influences on still who you are today.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, I don't know who or what I would have been without my mother.
Speaker 10: Do you ever go back to your hometown and yeah, yeah, what's it like now?
Speaker 14: It's still the same, honest to goodness. I expected to go down and say, see maybe one big building. I knew there it wasn't going to be like Atlanta, But it's still the same precious little town that it was when I left.
Speaker 5: Do you have a sign says home of Brenda anything?
Speaker 6: I know they have.
Speaker 14: They have a sidewalk that goes all around the school I went to, and it's my It's the Brenda Lee sidewalk.
Speaker 5: Oh that's cool, because do you want to sign I'll make them put one up if you want one.
Speaker 10: Do you want one?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do yeah?
Speaker 10: No, I don't think I won't call and talk to the mayor.
Speaker 4: Oh do it?
Speaker 10: Okay, make that note Scuba.
Speaker 5: We're gonna call, dang it and get a sign that says welcome to the home of Brenda Lee. There you go, and then it's gonna say quote, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. A couple more questions for you here. And I only say this because of your nickname, which was a little Miss Dynamite. But it was because everyone said you were stood four.
Speaker 14: Nine, So.
Speaker 5: I don't know how tall you are now four nine. You're still four nine, Okay, four nine's not very tall at all.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Did you ever think at like, I don't know, ten eleven, fourteen years old, like at some point am I gonna grow anymore? Or was your mom also short?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 14: Mother wasn't. Nobody in my family is except me.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 5: How'd you feel about the niname little Miss Dynamite because it was referencing that you were four nine, four foot nine.
Speaker 14: It was well, you know, I was just glad, like I said, to have a moniker that people would remember.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 5: But you have so much that people remember, and it's it is wild what has been chosen to be remembered by the masses, by the mainstream, because again, you have if you were to separate your careers individually, you have like three different, massive, wildly successful careers.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: And what people know now that are that's my age and younger are.
Speaker 10: Rocking around the Christmas tree.
Speaker 5: It still played currently, I mean as a current Christmas song it is, and then I'm sorry, went viral and still it's probably sampled for songs all the time too.
Speaker 14: It is TikTok uses it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 10: Do you still make decent money off the Christmas song?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Oh good?
Speaker 14: Like that all right?
Speaker 5: So that's that supports you? Like you still get the checks.
Speaker 14: I get the checks. But my husband is the bread winner.
Speaker 10: So he sports us hey wink wink, and.
Speaker 14: And he makes sure that the royalties right good and all that's right. And then he has his own separate business which is a millwork company and makes all the trim for the wonderful homes here and really, yeah does all that stuff?
Speaker 10: And I need to give you guy a call.
Speaker 5: Then yeah, well were you seeing as he puts.
Speaker 14: It on, you are crazy?
Speaker 5: But you know he.
Speaker 14: Works every day, and I say, why are you working every day? You don't have to? He says, I love it and I want to take care of it because we have two girls and three grandchildren and one great grandchild, so we figure that we're going to try to leave.
Speaker 5: Them something if there's extra.
Speaker 14: I'm here too, okay, because you're being real nice to me and I like that. You'll get a check in the mail, don't you worry?
Speaker 10: Thank you? Well, not now.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not dead, yeah exactly. Yeah, some people think I am, but I'm okay. Let me say this and Brenda, at some point, maybe even next year, I do this show that's like a different show.
Speaker 10: It's like an hour long. We really get into the career line.
Speaker 4: I'm so just.
Speaker 5: Just wildly interested in your career other than the Christmas song. Okay, I would love for you to come over to my house studio sometime and us just because you have such a history of not just this town, not just this format, multiple just living different lives.
Speaker 11: Through the ent.
Speaker 14: Like when I go to foreign countries, I sing in their languages.
Speaker 5: I've learned no way. Yeah.
Speaker 6: How many languages?
Speaker 14: French, Spanish, Japanese.
Speaker 5: What song can you sing in Japanese?
Speaker 14: I had a hit song there called One Rainy Night in Tokyo.
Speaker 10: And you can sing that Japanese.
Speaker 14: Or Nima.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you're lying, so I'm just gonna.
Speaker 14: Go she beg nasika sunakuti a little bit.
Speaker 6: That's a big yeah.
Speaker 5: You're not making that up because I don't know Japanese.
Speaker 10: I can't fact check that. No, you call, you get my Japanese front on the phone. Don't have any don't have any.
Speaker 5: I just have to trust you.
Speaker 10: Brenda.
Speaker 5: Okay, everybody out there, here's the deal. A Rock and Christmas with Brenda Lee came out earlier this month. It is an honor to spend a few minutes with you. I would love to just go super in depth at some point, because you are You would love that. Yeah to me, You're it. She sold over one hundred million records worldwide, Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, and we still play. There's so many more accolades too, But I don't want to make you feel too good. I need you want more, you know, yeah, yeah, I need you want more. Accolades so the next time we do this, I'll go full in and tell everybody exactly how great you are, but i'll do it in Japanese. No, how on. I just thought that'd be fun to say.
Speaker 14: But I can come back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh for sure, and we're gonna spend a lot of time together, and we're going to talk about all everything, not just Christmas.
Speaker 10: Right now, it's Christmas, I get it. We're promoting this and your song. I love it.
Speaker 5: I'm so happy you came in, but I wanted to talk about your whole career because I don't think that's been focused on in a way that is that that's right to what you deserve. Well, thank you, You're very welcome. I'm very sweet. Remember me with that check?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 5: All right, there she is Brenda Lee.
Speaker 10: Everybody, thank you, Brenda, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: If that can't get you in the holiday spirit, I don't know what will.
Speaker 2: I hope you're enjoying a fun weekend as we head into the crazy holiday season. Maybe you're shopping, watching some Christmas movies. I am probably going to be taking some big naps and watching Christmas movies along with having some hot chocolate. So maybe I have a weekend like mine. If not, I'm just glad that you're here, excited that you took some time out of your life to spend it with me, and I appreciate that every.
Speaker 3: Time you can come hang out with me.
Speaker 2: Always on social media at web Girl Morgan, and please go check out the show. There's lots of content and stuff up there that I don't get to hit on here, So at Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 3: I'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 10: Jere's Bobby Bone sho