Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey and you found the Second Date podcast and we've got a brand new Halloween second today. Oh man, all I guess we can say is an unexpected family member shows up on the date.
Speaker 2: Always a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, I'm curious to hear after you hear this, who thinks it was just a drunk mistake and who thinks it was real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, because I think there's a big debate right now. Okay, we'll get to that in just a second, but first your comments.
Speaker 2: What do you see?
Speaker 1: Says Meredith commented and said, I've been listening to you guys for over a year now, and this will be my first Halloween and Christmas with everyone on the show. Love it so love you guys and love this show.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Ah gosh, I love that. Well, thanks for being with the holidays with you. Yeah, happy first Halloween.
Speaker 2: With us for sure? Are we going to get it started right now?
Speaker 3: Second Date Up Date. I'm not just playing this music because it's the spooky season. I'm also doing it because if there was one emotion that's describes the feeling of falling in love, it's fear.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course, it's scary, but it's like good scary. It's not that scary titles make me want to scream.
Speaker 3: Alexis knows. Some relationship experts say finding true love should scare you. You should wake up in the morning, roll over and look at them and say, yeah, I love you. That's how you know it's real. And one of our listeners has those initial pangs of terror over a guy that she really likes. Her name is Nicky. So Nicky, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Why I think.
Speaker 2: You do sound hesitanting?
Speaker 3: She sounds terrifiat right now. I don't know if that's just because you're talking to us or because the emotions you have for this guy you met are so strong.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's just a lot of feelings happening right now. There is the weirdness that happened. There's the feelings of where this guy ben. It's just like, I'm all over the place weird.
Speaker 2: Wow, where has he been?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Did you meet him at a back alley?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's start at the beginning. What's his name and how did you meet him? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, So I was that with a friend and we met some guys at the club.
Speaker 5: Yeah, super fun, we're.
Speaker 3: Clubbing back in the nineteen eighties.
Speaker 2: I was not in the nineteen eighties. Why do you do that to me?
Speaker 1: Don't twenty years ago and still be in the twenty first century jet.
Speaker 3: No one was going, hey, did she would hang out with me in the club?
Speaker 2: May I get down?
Speaker 3: Sorry? You met some guys at the club?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my friend and I. So we met the guys. One he was a used car salesman, and then the other was a minor league hockey player.
Speaker 3: Wait. Wait, are those halloween costumes or are those their actual jobs?
Speaker 4: No, these are their actual jobs. But they dressed like each other.
Speaker 2: Oh, it is a Halloween thing. That was happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the hockey guy was dressed as a car salesman, and then the car salesman was dressed as the hockey player.
Speaker 2: Okay, which one were you interested in?
Speaker 4: I thought that Eric. Eric was cute. He was dressed as a hockey player.
Speaker 2: He was actually a used car salesman.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Alexis is booing you Sorry, Sorry, the microphones are on, Alexis.
Speaker 4: No, it's fine. No, he was definitely the sweeter one. We hung out and danced for like the whole night, and then the guys asked if we wanted to go back to their place and just hang and we were like yeah, sure, okay, okay, playing drinking games, and the guys mentioned that they had a Oiji board's eighties.
Speaker 2: Finally, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, who we finally hit the mark? How did it go?
Speaker 4: So this one must have been real or something because we asked the ghost that like that we were talking to what their name was, and the ghost spelled out Maria, which you guys are so so weird. That is my grandma's name. My grandma's name is Maria.
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was immediately freaked out.
Speaker 3: I don't that is that is a weird coincidence that it would just happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, common name, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brooke doesn't believe you.
Speaker 2: Well just I mean a lot of ghosts are going to have grandma names.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well good, let's go shame the dead grandma's too. So okay, there's a chance that you're talking to your passed away grandma.
Speaker 4: Right, And so my thought was like, well, let me try and ask and see like a little bit more detailed, And I asked, what's your favorite food? And it spelled means means beans, my grandma made a famous beamed it like that's what she was known for.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 1: At this point, have you told your friend and these guys you think you're talking to your grandmother?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, no, I didn't tell them. I was just like kind of frozen inside.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And also we're really drunk, so I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god, So what else happens with the Ouiji board?
Speaker 4: Later we asked it, where are you right now? And it's spelled closet.
Speaker 3: Wha heck, yeah, oh my god, your grandma's burn the closet.
Speaker 2: Did you open the closet?
Speaker 4: No, we got you freaked out, and we said that's it. We're not playing anymore.
Speaker 5: No way.
Speaker 1: Okay. But I think it's kind of a rule in ouigi that you have to say goodbye you do, or else it stays around and hot to you.
Speaker 2: You have to send the spirits you're done.
Speaker 3: Did you do that, Nikki?
Speaker 4: No, we just like put it away.
Speaker 3: Like the number one rule. Okay. And now this is all happening in the middle of your first like hangout with this guy.
Speaker 5: Eric.
Speaker 1: Dude, you're probably sow in your head now because you think you're just talking to your grandmother. How could you possibly be in the mood to like.
Speaker 3: How do you? How do you keep it going? After Wigi board?
Speaker 4: So yeah, after we put the game away, I wanted to get out of there, but I needed to explain to Eric why. So I took him into his room. I closed the door, and I started telling him about like my grandma and the beanedup and how just crazy that all was.
Speaker 1: I can guarantee you when you took him into his bedroom and shut the door, he thought something totally different was going to happen.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I wasn't even thinking about that. I was just like a ball of goosebumps.
Speaker 3: How did Eric react when you said that to him?
Speaker 4: He just had this frozen look on his face, and I was like, I'm so sorry, I've got to go. I'll call you later.
Speaker 3: He was probably freaked out by it a little bit too.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Either that or that's why he's not calling her back because she took it too seriously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you and your friend left after that. So how long has it been.
Speaker 4: It's been like two weeks and I still haven't heard anything back from him.
Speaker 2: Oh so you've reached out and gotten nothing.
Speaker 3: What if grandma got to him first.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I say, that's the rule, but also like it's like a game made by Parker Brothers.
Speaker 2: But still and you're just on board what happened.
Speaker 1: It's fun to scare myself, but like the logic, sure there's.
Speaker 3: A Parker Brothers version, but maybe they had the real thing bones from like a good will in Salem, Massachusetts, So it's possible. That's all I'm saying. We don't know the truth until we come back call Eric and find out what's really going on with him Nicki and her grandma.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're going to ask.
Speaker 3: About Let's just ask about the date when we come back for your second Date update right after this hold on Second Date update. You know, normally when we talk in this segment about people being ghosted, we don't mean talking with an actual ghost of a dead relative.
Speaker 2: But we are so literal today.
Speaker 3: Seriously. That was the case for our listener, Nicki, who played with a Wija board with some of her friends and a cute guys she met named Eric. It's well, it's spelled, Oja.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter how it's spelled.
Speaker 3: It's it looks like extra. I don't want to make the Ouigi gods mad at us so Oigi and the ghost in the board identified themselves as Maria, the same name as Nicky's grandmother, so crazy, it was weird, and a few questions later, they all had to stop playing because the Ouigi board was giving them answers that were all freaking them out.
Speaker 1: I go back and forth on this stuff, Nikki, but I totally understand why you were so freaked out by.
Speaker 2: That drunkent night playing it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was definitely weird enough to the point where it ended their night together and now Eric's not even responding to her text anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just a really weird night. I can't make this up.
Speaker 5: And you know.
Speaker 3: Exactly that those guys didn't know your grandma. They never had her beamed it before, never been around that closet.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 4: Eric didn't know anything until I told him in his room.
Speaker 2: Wow, I totally believe. I think people can mess with them, but I think they can be real. Also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Nikki, we can't let you go on being blocked by your own deceased grandma to get some option. That's just not.
Speaker 2: Fair game, right, Jeff, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hilarious, kiss her we'll try to make things right. We're gonna dial Eric right now and see if he answers. But here we go. Hello, Hey is this Eric?
Speaker 5: Yeah? This is Eric Man.
Speaker 3: This is a actually it's a whole radio show called Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Eric.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 5: Hey, what what?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 3: We're calling because we're doing a segment called a second Date Update, trying to help out one of our listeners that you met the other night, a woman named Nicky. Oh god, god, is that what you say? Oh god?
Speaker 2: From the club the club.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked to her about you. Two met at like a Halloween themed club night.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel weird talking about this because something happened that night and I really can't explain it. I don't think I'll be able to look at her the same way.
Speaker 2: Look at her.
Speaker 3: Look at that's a weird comment there.
Speaker 2: Because we thought you were talking about the Ouiji board.
Speaker 3: aUI jab bord pronounce it broke.
Speaker 5: We go all right, okay, so she told you we did that.
Speaker 3: Yes, and she herself mentioned that things got kind of freaky once the Ouiji board came out, and her right.
Speaker 1: For her, because you didn't even know, like you didn't know her grandma's name was Maria or anything.
Speaker 5: Well that she made it No, no, I I had no idea, but we did the Wiji board and it spelled out Maria, and I didn't know it was her grandmother's name. Then. I don't know if she told you about how it said it was in the closet.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said that was like the final straw.
Speaker 3: Right that all of you kind of panicked in the moment and decided to stop playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it was. It was scary as hell. She like like freaked out. Yeah, I thought maybe she was drunk or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, because at that point you didn't understand that she thought she had been talking to her grandma.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, totally. I thought like, okay, like, yeah, let's be grown ups here. It's just a game. But then at that point she says, I need some alone time with you, and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 3: Wow, weird transition.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't see that coming, but okay, I'll go into my room see what happened. And she shuts the door behind her and I try to make a move and then suddenly it says to me in this like weird old lady voice, right, she says, that's not how you treat a light.
Speaker 1: Young What wait wait, Nikki said that in an old lady voice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like it wasn't her voice at all. It sounds like her at all.
Speaker 3: What I wonder if she remembers even saying.
Speaker 2: That someone, now calm down.
Speaker 3: She was probably joking, like you tried to kiss her. She like wanted to make like a funny, funny moment.
Speaker 5: I have no idea, and I didn't have a chance to find out because I said, excuse me, and then she said I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Well okay, So what's interesting is she told us that you guys went into your bedroom, but she said the only thing she said was that she thought she was talking to her grandmar other and she had to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she did say that first, but then she also spoke to me with the voice of maybe her grandma. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Is that what you think?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Like truly is that what you think?
Speaker 3: Like that's the reason why you're not calling her?
Speaker 5: I mean, it was so weird. I'm getting dingles just thinking about it.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, Eric, she didn't mention any of that when we talked to her earlier. But what yeah, I mean it didn't come up. I don't know if that's on purpose or not. But remember, I probably should tell you that she is on the phone, Nikki, not Maria the grandmother, but yeah, she might be. The lights did flicker a little bit in studio when I said that, So, Nikki, are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'm here.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Nikki?
Speaker 2: Was that a joke? Niki? Were you joking when you did that voice?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm not telling you what.
Speaker 5: You don't remember saying that to me?
Speaker 4: Eric, shut up, seriously, you're making that up.
Speaker 5: No, I swear to me, I swear to you. You said, that's not how you treat a lady, young man and like an old lady's boy.
Speaker 1: My god, to hear you joking right now, what's going on?
Speaker 2: It's like a big like Halloween.
Speaker 4: I honestly don't know what he's talking about. Eric, what you think you think that my grandma possessed me or something? Are you?
Speaker 5: I don't know what happened. All I know is that your voice like totally changed and like your face dropped, and you don't remember saying that at all.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, No, I don't remember saying that because I didn't say it. Okay, can you do.
Speaker 1: Can you do an old lady voice like maybe you were too drunk and you didn't remember Russians Like, honest, can you do an old lady voice?
Speaker 3: Try it?
Speaker 4: I don't do old lady voices like No. First of all, yes, I was drinking, so I don't remember everything I said. But that story is just ridiculous. That's free.
Speaker 5: No, you're texting me and you're saying, like, do you want to come over? And I'm like, I don't even know what to think. Is that your grandpa texting or is that your texts?
Speaker 3: Still? When you kissed her, did she tastes like beans? Because then we know they.
Speaker 5: Never kiss that.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna know Mber. Oh, that's right, my bad.
Speaker 5: I know. I know this seems funny guys, but like, this is the scariest thing that's ever happened to me. I like, I just so you know, Nikki, I I threw out that Ouiji board. I was so freaked out.
Speaker 3: Rule right, and the rule is you're supposed to say goodbye to the ghosts before you put it away. And Nikki said, you didn't do that.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't put it away, I didn't take a bye, I stake my apartment and I put my pillow over my head.
Speaker 3: No, that's not in the Parker Brothers rule book.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, honestly, you gotta find that Wiji board man.
Speaker 2: Ye got to talk to grandma again.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I'm like freaking out right now. This is not how things were supposed to happen. I have no idea what's happening.
Speaker 3: A lot is going on. This is freaking a lot of people out. And at this point I would like to ask Nikki, would you like to go out on another date with We would pay for it if you're willing to see Eric one more time and at least try to figure out what really happened that night.
Speaker 4: I need to process and wrap my head around. Is there a way that, like we can talk Eric?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think I can talk with you. Honestly, Like, I'm so freaked out. I don't know if I'm gonna talk to you or your grandma. It's like this is too much.
Speaker 3: Well, on the positive side, Eric, it sounded like her grandma was kind of attracted to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that doesn't make me feel better. Guys.
Speaker 3: Honestly, well, just mean she was rooting for you. She wanted you to treat Nicki like a lady. And it's not very gentlemanly like to back away from Nicki when she's going through something like that.
Speaker 1: If anything, you better make some bean dip as an offering, right, absolutely.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you do really honestly, Oh.
Speaker 1: He's actually okay, Hey, you like her, she likes you.
Speaker 3: It's just the grandma that you're upset.
Speaker 1: But I think it's like, once you see somebody possessed, can you still find them attractive?
Speaker 3: Okay, So sounding to me like you're too scared you don't even want to give it a shot.
Speaker 5: No, I think I'm gonna move on from this, and hopefully you know I can. I don't know, but yeah, I'm oh wow, maybe.
Speaker 1: Just give us a wellness check at like six months, just make sure you're still good.
Speaker 3: Day after Halloween, tell us that would say six minutes, that's all it takes. Jeffrey in the morning. And I haven't seen the textboard like this in a while. At seven eighty five nine, two people are kind of freaking out. Maybe they're overreacting. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know either, because like we're so used to joking in moments, then that guy legitimately sounded scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was hard to know how to react. One person says, if I'm that guy, I'd move out of that apartment today. Grandma's still in there, probably visiting him at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did it all wrong, their fault.
Speaker 1: And they say that until you see rent prices and the Actually Grandma's not as scary.
Speaker 3: As Actually, maybe grandma could contribute.
Speaker 2: To the rent to live here.
Speaker 3: Another sense, he's gonna start smelling beans coming from the kitchen when nobody's there. It would be amazing. Others are saying she was just drunk and clearly doesn't remember saying that, I don't know. So that's another option we to talk about. None of this could have happened. She kind of thought it. She doesn't remember it.
Speaker 2: You know, it could have all happened.
Speaker 3: Maybe we don't know. But listen. If her Grandma is listening to this right now, Grandma, I hope you go visit to our podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh, ask her to subscribe.
Speaker 3: To subscribe, Grandma, we need more listeners.
Speaker 1: Visit our kitchen and make sure to touch to her like a gentleman and she likes.
Speaker 3: Maybe her grandma will even call in for an awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Have we ever done one post?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, So tell your dead relatives to call in and maybe we can help them in their personal lives. You can find us wherever you get your podcasts online at Brook and Jeffrey