Speaker 1: The Just Baseball Show is presented by BETMGM. If you haven't signed up for BETMGM yet, use bonus code just Baseball and you will get up to a fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer on your first wager with BETMGM. Here's how it works. Step one, download the bet MGM app and sign up using bonus code just Baseball. Deposit at least ten dollars, and place your first wager on any game. Step three, you'll receive up to fifteen hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet loses. Just make sure to use bonus code just Baseball when you sign up. First bet offer for new customers only, subject to eligibility requirements. Rewards are non withdrawable bonus bets that expire in seven days. In partnership with Kansas Crossing Casino and Hotel US promotional offers not available in North Carolina, New York, Nevada, Ontario, or Puerto Rico. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler. Available in the United States call eight seven seven dash eight dash, hope and Why, or text hope and Why to four six seven three six'. Nine In New, york call one eight hundred next step In. Arizona one eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero In. Massachusetts one eight hundred bets off In. Iowa one eight hundred NINE a one zero zero two three In Puerto. Rico or visit one eight hundred gambler dot. Net that's www dot one eight hundred gambler dot net In West. Virginia don't forget if you haven't signed up FOR betmgm, yet use bonus Code Just baseball and get your fifteen hundred dollars first bet offer, Today.
Speaker 2: Sat lakes, girls we will see.
Speaker 3: Times The.
Speaker 1: Gunner Welcome, Monday july, seventh here on The Just Baseball.
Speaker 2: Show That's Arm late and AND i Am Peter. Apple.
Speaker 1: Arm get those damn fingers ready because it's time for the weekend round up where we go through every game that was over the past weekend with all of our, takeaways and it's all brought to us by the Sportsbook born In. Vegas, remember, folks download BET, mgm whether that be An iOS Or, android and use promo Code Just. Baseball why first bet off or up to fifteen hundred dollars back in bonus bets if your first wager loses but remember gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler must be twenty one years.
Speaker 2: Older terms and conditions. Apply.
Speaker 1: ARM i know we're gonna go over the entire, weekend But SUNDAY i felt like that was one of the best baseball days of the, year just because we got so many. Aces every single TIME i would turn the channel to a different, GAME i was watching an absolute missile of a. Pitcher a lot of low, scoring great pitching. Matchups just a great weekend for, baseball, oh no.
Speaker 3: Doubt a lot of just good matchups in general, too just some good.
Speaker 2: Series BUT i mean.
Speaker 3: Being able to get to See Shinnasuki ogasawara back on the, bump you Get Brandon woodruff back on the. Bump it, was it. Was it was a really well rounded day across the. League but, no it's there's something we talk about it Like jack always talks about the league past thing where it's, like you, know you can scroll, around like What who's fun to watch ON Nba league passing like a rating. Scale, basically when you have days like, this you can just bounce around and you're getting sick pitching matchups from game to game to, game and WHAT i like is it's not just like the the forever known aces right like all of a, sudden Now Edward cabrera is a fun pitcher to tune into to Watch this Reinvented Brandon woodruff that we're going to talk about was just a joy to. Watch and then you have some other emerging arms and then of course still the classic. Ass so it was really fun across the game On.
Speaker 1: Sunday And i'm glad that you AND i are on the show today BECAUSE i don't want to Inflate jack's head more than it already. Is but i gotta say it fires me up so much listening to him on the audio or on the radio While i'm Watching yeah, broadcast and.
Speaker 3: You Can it's so cool that you can switch it ON MLB tv and switch switch the audio for the radio broadcast because then it syncs.
Speaker 2: Up it's.
Speaker 1: Sick you taught me how to do. THAT i didn't know that you could do that ON MLB. TV i learned this like a month. Ago you know What i've been. Doing i've been watching The marlins game and then have my, phone So i'll turn it on mute and Then i'll have my phone like sitting here SO i can listen to.
Speaker 3: You you've got to like pause, one like line it up and then it, overlaps and then you got to pause the other.
Speaker 2: ONE i had to do that before, too BUT.
Speaker 1: I was happy to because it's so much fun listening Toob it's just such a crazy moment every single TIME i do. It so but thank you for t teaching me how to WORK MLB. Tv you'd THINK i know how to use it after you, know it's just one of those base you'd never bother. With but let me turn on the radio broadcast of this other. Game it's, like, Yeah i'm, okay but NOW i hope everybody's ripping that now that to listen To jack.
Speaker 2: When The marlins are.
Speaker 1: Playing, absolutely you want to get into The marlins series, First so you got another series. On.
Speaker 3: NOW i Got Red sox that's to start, off which is a beauty because we've got some some news and headlines after game. Three But game one Was Lucas giolito Versus Mike soroca and it was All Red sox headline by a seven run fifth. Inning six different hitters had multi hit, games including a four hit performance By Trevor, story which included a. Homer Jaron, Duran Roman, Anthony Abraham, toro And Carlos narbaiaz each had multiple.
Speaker 2: Hits was an eleven to two.
Speaker 3: Final how About Lucas giolito as, well seven and two thirds innings of one run, Ball he struck out. Seven soroca was roughed up for seven earned over four. Innings so that was the offensive onslough In game, one but it didn't really slow down for The Red sox throughout this. Series game, Two Walker buehler Versus Mitchell parker another big offensive game for The. Socks this time it was a seven run third. Inning Romei gonzalez led the way with three. Hits Sadan rafaela was two for four with a home run and another multi hit game in this one By Roman. Anthony great bounce back start For Walker buehler five innings of two run, ball no, walks and two. K'S i think the no walks has to be really encouraging to keep building on. That Mitchell parker went six innings of four run, ball one, walk and four. Strikeouts then we move on To game, three and this one at least was a little bit. Closer But Garrett crochet First shinosuki Ogus. Sowara you would have thought this would be a little bit more lopside, of but of, course because baseball is so, weird this ends up being the closest game of the. Series, still The Red sox Blitz tugaswara for four runs in the first, inning in large part to a two run shot By Trevor, story before rain delay puts a slight halt. On, then after returning to, action The nationals kept it a little bit closer With ani WITH rbi hits from Paulse deyong And Brady, house but Then Saddan rafaela went deep in the ninth with a big insurance, run Staying red hot Before Jordan hicks picked up to, save though the natsid callback for one run in the, ninth six to four.
Speaker 2: Final in that One.
Speaker 3: Red sox, sweep it was In crochet's best outing five innings of nine, hit two, run two, walk seven k, ball But ogasawara really struggled in his return two and two thirds innings seven, hits four earned two. Strikeouts all of a, sudden The Red sox are back over five hundred and The nationals drop to thirty seven and fifty three before we talk about them cleaning house from the front office to their. MANAGER i do want to just quickly talk about The Red. SOX i know that for good, reason like The nationals are cleaning house right. Now they are the team that either the get right series right. Now that, said it's major league baseball, team and when we're talking about guys getting acclimated to the big, LEAGUES i think it's still incredibly encouraging to see What Roman anthony's. Doing so it wasn't just this series. Either he's been really heating up dating back to That Blue jays series and it put together good at bats through The Red series and now not Including, sunday he had an eight game stretch of thirteen, hits five doubles and then of course a strong game On sunday as. Well trevor story coming to life a little bit as, well and then said On rafaela is really blossoming before our. Eyes just the way he's controlling is at bats has been really. Impressive so all of a, sudden This Red sox offense is sparking a little. BIT i do think some of that is the fact that they played The, nats but looking at the, INDIVIDUALS i think it does actually point towards better days ahead offensively for The Red sox when you Have rafaela really swinging it and starting to break, Through Roman anthony settling at the settling in at the, big big, level and Then Trevor story just looking more Like Trevor story. AGAIN i think you could buy into all of those, things whether they were playing A TRIPLE a team or you, know the best team in baseball one hundred.
Speaker 1: PERCENT i was excited to talk about The Red sox on you, know the roundup because you, know, yeah The, nationals you, know they cleaned house after the. Game it's not exactly a great team right, now but it is hard to sweep a team when you're on the, road and The Red sox did. That and you talked about the hitting, performances how about some of the pitching. PERFORMANCES i, mean it just goes to show like this was one of the worst performances By Garrett crochet all year. Long and to give up two earned right because he still has the unbelievable strikeout. Stuff he's a pure ace in our. Game Walker buehler having that bounce back, start But Lucas glito has just kind of been a dog for a little bit. Now, ever since he got blitzed by The angels back On june fourth to give up seven earned in one and two. Thirds his next four starts twenty five, innings only two, earned and then in that start against The nats goes seven and two, thirds one earns seven punch.
Speaker 2: Outs the change up is.
Speaker 1: WORKING i mean we see it With Lucas glito when the fastballs going, up but the change up's going. Low he's tough to, hit and that's WHAT i think The Red sox expected when they signed. Him of, course dealing with. Injuries now getting resettled, in you're starting to See Lucas chilido THAT i Think Craig breslow.
Speaker 3: Imagined, yeah, absolutely AND i think we thought maybe that could be a guy that would benefit from some arsenal tweaks and also just getting, healthy AND i mean him starting to throw well is huge for. Them you Get walker starting to piece it together again and get, going and all of a, sudden the rotation starts to look a little bit, stronger because again you Have Garrett, crochet who even on his off, days is going to give you a chance to win when your offense is swinging. It the way that it is the national side of. Things you brought up the. POINT i think that was like it was sparked BY i think a Foolish, bailey foolish baseball tweet about just how The nationals have Not this is a few shows, ago maybe even like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago now it all boords.
Speaker 3: Together, yeah, yeah but about how outside of the wood, trade The james wood, trade it really hasn't been good. Otherwise and the more you dive into, that and, like because some people might be, saying, well why would they clean? House you have all these building, blocks all of a, sudden it looks like this team could be pretty good in a year or. Two, YEAH i still think that's the. Case but basically the only building, box as you had mentioned at the last episode or a few episodes, ago is from cashing in the most valuable. Asset maybe that was ever, traded and they did well on, that no doubt about. It BUT i think a lot of people could do well in securing that that return and not whipping. There the other side of it is everything, else BECAUSE i look at it also going into this year and what's happened this. Year they've been lifeless on the field and that goes from manager all the way up to front. Office but even all of the individual moves that they've, made, right trading For Nathaniel lowe is just not aged well for them at. All and that's money that ownership had to be probably sold on taking on because he wasn't. Cheap that's how they were able to acquire him for a little prospect capital, right they traded a reliever for.
Speaker 2: Him Josh bell is just not a good.
Speaker 3: Signing their draft picks in recent years have not been, good except for the layup that Was Dylan cruz and you're still waiting for that to totally come. Together The Keybert ruiz extension is, atrocious is. Atrocious you look at the pitching side of things aside From gore who they, acquired and you, know buy low opportunity here With Mike, soroko who's still all of a sudden now you, know has an era north of, five they have not been able to get it like lock in a good starter here if you want to date it back a little bit, Too Patrick corbyn deal was.
Speaker 2: Atrocious like you look at the.
Speaker 3: Bullpen they have not really secured valuable bullpen arms AND i think you just look move after move after, move the state of the farm, system the. Draft there haven't been a lot of, savvy you, know smart or just moves in general that have aged. Well SO i think when you look at, it aside from The Juan soto, deal which great that, WAS i think probably bought him even more. TIME i, mean there really hasn't been anything positive. Otherwise Unless i'm missing, SOMETHING i don't have anything to.
Speaker 1: Add you covered it, perfectly and the only THING i would add is what. Happened Mike, rizzo the general manager of The Washington, nationals got, fired as Did Dave, martinez the manager of The. Nationals and that's what arm was talking about AND i was talking about earlier about cleaning. House it's crazy Because rizzo has been with The nationals organization since two thousand and. Six, yeah Well martinez has been the manager since twenty. Eighteen and now those comments rubbed me the wrong.
Speaker 3: Way i'm sure rubbed the clubhouse the wrong way. Too it's not like that got him fired up for anything or playing better.
Speaker 1: Exactly like you would think maybe you, know they would burst out of. That, no it just just put them into a, tailspin especially with a young team like. That what were you expecting was the point to? Happen so it almost felt like now looking back on, It Dave martinez was probably saw the he was not gonna last very, yet he saw the ring on the wall trying to cover his. Ass really and in their biggest, player the players made the biggest Leap james Wood like AND i wrote about the swing changes he, made you, know around this time last year that catapulted him in a number one, prospect A baseball conversation for us and all that good. Stuff i'm pretty sure he worked with a third party hitting coach got himself there that. Way like they're hitting or their player development infrastructure just hasn't been good at. All that's something That i've even noted just perusing through the backfields there and watching the way they go about their.
Speaker 3: Business look at the way some of their prospects have stalled. Out you can't Like Elijah green right. Now they demoted to The Complex league the other, day so best playing back down at The complex AND i really want to see them, succeed but it doesn't look like that's going to. Happen so it's a really tough spot to be and it's a spot THAT i think you rarely see executives get this much. Runway rizzo earned it by winning A world series and things like, that but it's been a lot of bad for a while now and just not a lot of good. Moves and, remember like they cashed in On Trey, turner they cashed in On, surezer they catched in on a lot of other guys that have they have little.
Speaker 2: To show for.
Speaker 3: That SO i think that's an important aspect to this thing, Too like you should have more to show for it when you're trading some of those pieces that they have. Traded SO i think it's good for the National it's kind of a new, era. Right you flip the, page you have your number one overall, pick you have some core pieces, here and you have somebody else in charge now to try to get this thing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: YEAH i did comment Under Jeff passon's. TWEET i was actually doing a number one overall pick research for to bet potentially make a bet on BET. Mgm and then we get the alert At rizzo And Dave martinez were, fired And i'm thinking to, myself whoa optics on that are? Crazy in a week from, now you have the number one overall, pick and NOW i know it's a whole team right to make these. Decisions THE gm normally has the final, call SO i understand that that doesn't just screw up their entire draft. ROOM i just thought the optics of it were. Crazy in a week from, now you're going to go draft the number one overall, pick and now THE gm and the manager are.
Speaker 2: Gone, YEAH i think crazy.
Speaker 3: Day, literally like we that's like earning the. Page, yep they're going to use that number one pick moment as like, this like to signify new times, Here, yeah you, know because, otherwise, yeah it.
Speaker 2: Is it is like a that's a big.
Speaker 3: Shift they probably already know who they're, taking i'd, imagine or at least they have their scenarios played. Out ownership's locked in on, it and they're going to turn that page and it's going to be that new era, there WHICH i think will be good depending on whoever they end up.
Speaker 2: Selecting we'll.
Speaker 1: See we'll get to the next, series which Is Marlins, brewers which is a really good.
Speaker 3: Series game one was a fun. One quinn Prieservers sandy Al. Contra it was a back and forth contest with The brewers creating some separation behind a two run second ending and a three run fourth inning ON Rbi knox From William, Conturis Caleb durbin and Joe. Yortiz durbin has really started to come alive of. Late Connor norby homer in the fourth and An Auto lopez two run homer in the fifth tied things up at five Before Jackson trio's go ahead double in the eighth put The brewers back up at six to. Five and once that, happens it's really hard to come back against The brewers Because Abner oribe gives you one, Inning tyler McGill gives you one, inning and that shuts the. Door marlins lose that. One brewers win six to. Five Quinn priester was okay four and two, third seven hits, for earned two, walks four. K's sandy Al, CONTRA i feel Like i'm saying this too, much SO i almost don't want to say, it but one bad bounce really did shift the line THAT i, MEAN.
Speaker 2: I watched the game that it did. Happen it did.
Speaker 3: Happen this time like six, innings five, hits five, earned one, walk four, k's but the ground ball that would have got him out of it bounced off his leg went over to the right side where nobody was two runs came in would have been a bit. Different BUT i was actually talking about this that as it happened WHEN i was at dinner with some, friends And i'm, like that's what, happens, though when you're not a big strikeout, Guy, like there's just gonna be games where you get you get unlucky a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, yeah it's just how it.
Speaker 3: Goes and unfortunately that was pretty much the difference in that. Game but The marlins did put up a good, fight made McGill work for the, save but it wasn't quite. Enough game, Two Chad patrick Versus Cal quantrill in The battle of the Gets Outskies. Dogs The brewers drew first blood with a Rare Reese hoskins, triple his first Since june twenty twenty, two which also was against The, marlins that came off of Legend Daniel. Castano by the, Way marlins all Star.
Speaker 1: Kyle slegend legend, loosely, yeah he's retired.
Speaker 3: RECENTLY i Think Marlin's All Star Kyle stowers tied things up with a solo shot in the second and A Liam hicks double gave them the lead as A collins tied it back up with AN rbi single in the, fourth Before Augustine ramirez put The marlins ahead with a TWO rbi single in the. EIGHTH i could Hear jack like on the edge of his seat for, that which is so funny to, me just because, like, like, oh he's starting to really believe now that this.
Speaker 2: Teams like they're playing really.
Speaker 3: Well they are they Are Lake baker picked up his first career Save marlins win four Two Cal quantrill three and two thirds because they just refuse to let him go. Deep six, hits two, earned one, walk six K's Chad patrick was good again, though five, innings four, hits two, earned one walk two K's.
Speaker 2: Chad patrick will get there one. Day but he's Not.
Speaker 1: Quantrial he's not quant he doesn't have the ability To no matter What quantrell does on the, mound his team is going to. Win patrick has the makings of the ultimate get out. Sky but the way you, do you're you're facing off against a. Legend right There's Randy john and There's Patro, martinez There's Cal. Quantrills you should get the assist instead of a.
Speaker 3: Win you should get an assist because clearly he just he does, Something, man he does.
Speaker 2: Something game, three.
Speaker 3: This was the BEST i, got arguably one of the best pitching matchups of the weekend of any real, game with the way both these guys Threw brandon woodruff in his, return which was so cool to see Versus Edward, cabrera who kept it rolling as. Well woldrim's FIRST mlb start Since september twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty three due to shoulder.
Speaker 3: SURGERY i think an interior capsule, tear but he also had two setbacks in rehab with an ankle sprain and then a like a line drive back off his, Elbow so JUST i gotta IMAGINE i had to just feel so good for him to get back on the, mound but he was.
Speaker 2: Fantastic more on that in a.
Speaker 3: Moment But Jackson trio's two run homer put The brewers ahead two zero in the. Third Ending Erberto hernandez got The marlins on the board with a solo shot in the, fifth AND i dow an. APOLOGY i thought The, marlins it made no sense to call that guy. Off he's been great for. Them but he put The marlins on the board and cut the lead in. Half troo added insurance with a sackfly later in the, ballgame and and the arribay to McGill shut the. Door final score three to one. Combination good frickin'. Luck yes see you.
Speaker 2: Later woodroof was it Dotting?
Speaker 3: Man AND i know he's not sitting ninety six like he used, to but he dialed it up to ninety six a couple times when he needed, To AND i think that's him, SAYING i don't need to do. THAT i have it in my back pocket WHEN i can grab. It but six, innings two, hits one, run no, walks eight, case seventy, pitches fifty three. Strikes this Is marlins offense that has been putting together really good at, bats but they.
Speaker 2: Were just uncomfortable a lot of.
Speaker 3: Strikes looking he was starting sinkers off the plate, away grabbing the outside, corner running it in on the hands of.
Speaker 2: Guys it was so impressive to. Watch But Edward cabrera did his thing again.
Speaker 3: Too seven, innings five, hits two, earned no, walks five. Case this guy's thrown as well as anybody in baseball right. Now but the big, STORY i think Is Brendon woodroff doing what he's. Doing of, Course brewers ticked the series as well against the Hot marlins team that had won four series in a row going into. That but if you Have woodrooff now doing just even, this even if he's a mid threes guy for you that can just get ground balls and throw a lot of, strikes The brewers are in a situation now where they may have as many quality. Arms they may not have a bunch of frontline, arms but you could argue That Freddy peralta and flashes Of Jacob minzrawski can be front. Line they're like eight deep of arms that can just give you a Mid threeszra. Reasonably AND i think that is really exciting for what The brewers have going on right.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah The brewer's pitching lab just continues to win and win and win with the young, guys but also bring it in the right guys like Jose. Kintana and to See Brandon woodruff come back just put a smile on my, face because you, know we haven't seen him throw since twenty twenty. Three it's a guy who's just been ravaged by, injuries and you know in his, heyday WHICH i don't know the word, heyday feels like it was like in nineteen. Sixties WHAT i mean by that is just from twenty twenty one to twenty twenty, THREE i was pushing narratives for this guy as like a top ten pitcher in, baseball AND i THINK i was. RIGHT i, mean this guy has just been dominant until and the only thing that keeps him back from being in those conversations are the. Injuries so to see him come back not quite with his electric stuff that we are used, to and just everything was exactly where he wanted, it and that never happens in your first start back from an. Injury and the REASON i think why is The brewers handled the rehab process really really. Well he has been throwing rehab outings Since april. Twelfth he has thrown ten Different he has gone five innings or more in four different rehab. Outings you normally don't see that long of a. Process sometimes you, do but it's not. Often so The brewers handled him really. Well he comes in eighty two, pitches was as high in his final rehab, start and in this one he only needs seventy to go six, innings a couple of, hits that one home, run eight. Punches, god it was good to see him.
Speaker 2: Back it was fun to.
Speaker 3: WATCH i Saw marlins fans, like, oh this guy hasn't thrown it two, years and this lineups embarrassing right, Now like.
Speaker 2: This Is Brandon.
Speaker 3: Woodroffe, also it's not like he hasn't picked up a ball in two. Years he's been. Throwing you just been throwing a major league. Game he was, dotting, dotting it. Was it was really impressive to see this, team, MAN i, MEAN i really hope they buy and and bye. Bye of course you don't need a bullpen on you don't need a starting. Pitcher that's a really easy way to buy the. Deadline go get another bat if you, want and and just bolster this thing up and let's see what can. Happen but they are looking really.
Speaker 2: Good final. Thing final.
Speaker 1: Thing if you are a baseball fan who listens to this, show and maybe you haven't watched much of The brewers so far this, season please just watch an inning Of abner Your.
Speaker 2: Rebay that sick. Girl oh he. Is i'll never forget the first TIME i watched that guy and all Their World league.
Speaker 1: DISGUSTING i, mean he's got stuff where you're, like that's the, best really vern baseball it's right. There i'm watching. It that's how this stuff just pops off THE. Tv even if you aren't able to go watch A birders, game go to some YouTube highlights and just watch him punch out. Guys these guys have no chance in the.
Speaker 2: Box McGill's right. There McGill is so. Good But abner just al.
Speaker 3: Right twelve because NINE aba is.
Speaker 1: Crazy it reminds me WHEN i first slaid eyes On Camilla devol for The giants From i'm, like holy, crap this stuff is. Outrageous it's the same. Feeling it's it's, special and they got more arms. Too it's the craziest.
Speaker 3: Part maybe the only team that's playing even more ridiculously well overall right, now it's got to be The Houston astros and what they've been doing lately as. Well and they really validate it by going INTO la and just smacking them around game back definition of. It lance mccullor is Versus Ben casparius All. ASTROS i don't even need to give you the inning by any eight teen, runs twenty, Hits Jose altuve launched two, homers and WHEN i was talking about Al twove potentially being part of the three, hundred like three hundred club while hitting over three hundred in his. CAREER i got some pushback on. That, OH i don't know if he's gonna hit them any. HOMERS i don't know if the average is.
Speaker 2: Going to say.
Speaker 3: THAT i think all those things are gonna. Happen, dude he continues the, ball but he watched two. Homers Christian walker has this incredible affinity for playing IN. La he just owns The dodgers In Chavez. Ravine he had four hits in this, one including AN rbi and FOUR rbi or, sorry a home, run AN rbi and FOUR, bbi a home run in FOUR. Rbi Jake, Myers, altuve And karattini each had three hit games. Each peretis And Victor krattini also. Homered and then talk about another guy that's just great to see back out of the mound and Succeeding lance mcculli's went six innings of four hit, ball one, run four, walks four, k's all astros in that. One go To game, Two Franbur valdez Versus Sho Hey, otani you got a little bit more out Of otani in this one now this time, around but The dodgers got things started with A mookie bet solo homer in the first and A Miguel ROJAS rbi single in the, second but The astros took the lead with a four run third ending headline by A zach short TO rbi.
Speaker 2: Single of, course that guy's hitting for.
Speaker 3: Them Janer diez added a solo homer in the, fourth which proved to be a valuable insurance, run As Miguel rojas brought The dodgers back within one run with a two run shot later after, that But Victor karattini gave The astros another insurance run in the top of the eighth with the sack, fly and the final score was six to. Four otani was great as an opener two, innings one, hit no, runs no, walks three K's Frean bravaldez battled though and kept his team in it six, innings seven, hits four, earned two, walks seven k's bullpen does their. Thing you go To game three. Here this was one that again it just felt like The astros were in the driver's seat for most of.
Speaker 1: It it was A Ryan gusto start Against Emmett, chiehan who actually threw really.
Speaker 2: Well it was the pull of. Good SORRY i, said he looked, good, Man he looked. Good he was.
Speaker 3: Dominant in his last outing in TRIPLE a to the point where it's like you're gonna waste bullets if you have him through there. Again And i'm glad they had him throwing the. Show but it was actually the bullpen again surprisingly that gave up the. Damage here it was The dodgers who scored first though on adult and rushing double the left who's also starting to show some signs of. Life he had two hits in this, one but then it was All astros from. There Jose Al tuove hit a sacrifice fly that tied it up in the. Third then it stayed that way until the top of the. Sixth there was a run walked. In it Was Zach short who gets THE rbi for drawing that. Walk and then in the top of the eighth that's where he started to see the distance get drawn. Out, Here Christian walker of course homered that was a solo. Shot then He Einer diez homered that was a solo shot that made it four to, one and then the top of the, ninth Jsel twove got them another insurance run with a solo.
Speaker 2: Shot of his.
Speaker 3: Own he got really hot in this series as.
Speaker 1: Well gusto six, innings four, hits one, run one, walk one k E chihn really really solid outing, overall still five, innings five, hits one, run one, walk four.
Speaker 2: K's it Was.
Speaker 3: Tanner scott then ended up giving up the majority of the damage two earned runs in his, inning which kind of broke a really good streak for him where he'd been thrown really well. Lately and then that last rummer came off Of Anthony. Bonda but you get a really lopsided series. Here one of the bigger run DIFFERENTIALS i think you'll have obviously predicated on largely the seventeen run gap In game, one but still one of the BIGGEST i think deficits in three games that The dodgers have had at home in a long. Time astros improved to fifty five and thirty. Five dodgers dropped to fifty six and thirty. Five it's just so. Crazy they're still so. Good but this was a statement series for The, astros without a, doubt and If Christian walker is swinging it like this and coming back to, life this team gets a whole lot more scary as.
Speaker 1: Well this team truly is, scary AND i issued an apology on our TikTok on Our. INSTAGRAM i posted it on Our, twitter and in case you missed, IT i don't mean to repeat any of, it BUT i think it's important for the listeners who didn't hear. It ten games into the, SEASON i muttered some truly stupid words AND i, Said i'm not afraid of The astros. Anymore arm broke it, down and you somewhat agreed with. Me you were like Count, jack.
Speaker 3: Who went three for three by the way In game three as.
Speaker 1: Well and this team has been terrifying SINCE i said, That.
Speaker 2: No, tucker sorry to.
Speaker 3: Interrupt they did this Without Jeremy pania.
Speaker 1: Too, yep and you, know no Yord on obviously because he's been out for the majority of the. Season No Jeremy. PAANIA i saw a hilarious comment under the TikTok THAT i posted that this team is being held together by duct tape and.
Speaker 2: Hate that was, fantastic because.
Speaker 1: You, KNOW i said they weren't, scary and then BECAUSE i thought the pitching would be, GOOD i didn't think it'd be this, good the way that they're able to fill in guys Without, christianavier Without Luis, garcia Without Spencer, arraghetti and then now Without Renel. Blanco they just put In Ryan gusto and what does he do shoves against The. Dodgers but, Really frambour And Hunter. BROWN i Know brown didn't pitch in the series In framber didn't even have one of his best. Outings but those two, TOGETHER i did say that they're doing their. Best Randy johnson And Kurt schilling. Impression they are two of the best pitchers in baseball at the top of the, rotation and then you have three other guys who are, fine but all they gotta do is just not get crushed because this bullpen is. Outrageous Josh hater is An All star and deservedly. So this guy has been a. Monster Brian abrady right back to being just the demon that he, is coming in in the eighth one of the best hold guys in. Baseball you, Know i'm A hold's. Appreciator But Bennett, Susa, bennisusa, dude this guy's. Awesome and then but it's not even they're just those. Three you can go down the. LINE i trust all of their. Relievers they're one of the best defensive. Teams In Made League baseball to do all the little. Things they're well, managed they're just. Unrelenting and this is an organization where you, know we've poked fun At Dana brown THEIR gm a couple of times for some questionable. Moves BUT i, mean and you, know the farm system not being very. Good but this team right now should be going for. It and they are just awesome to. Watch and that's, why, again another reason WHY i wanted to issue the, apology not just because they've been so good And i've been so, wrong but BECAUSE i love watching.
Speaker 3: Them they're a fun team AND i don't want.
Speaker 1: To just watch them in guilt Because, i'm LIKE i, said this team isn't scary That i'm watching them about like buttering under by breath of like this team is.
Speaker 2: Terrified they are so.
Speaker 3: Good, Yeah, no and they're fun to watch when you add The Cam smith. Component, yeah when you add The jeremy panea emergence like and people that have their reservations against the team because some.
Speaker 2: Of the, history like what's those guys are.
Speaker 3: None of them are there? Anymore Jake myers has been really fun to watch blossom this. Year Each perettes is always a really refreshing hitter to watch in the way that he's able to go about his. Business it's a fun. TEAM i don't think there's any way around. It and then you get the laser show out of the bullpen as. Well so there are going to be a problem and they're going to. Add they may not have the best farm system in the, world but they got enough to go, add you, know in certain, spots And i'm very interested to see what that looks like for.
Speaker 1: THEM i love the way you described that they are a. Problem, yep they. Are it's gonna be. Fun it's gonna be fun The American league all of a. Sudden now are they the best team?
Speaker 3: Them then The, tigers, obviously BUT i think they've surpassed The yankees right now with the way they're. Playing we'll talk about them. Later, yeah we'll talk about them. Later my last Series rays Or royals Versus diamondbacks excuse, Me Chris pubach Versus Wuardo Rodriguez in this, one this was The vinnie P, show. Though you get the party started with the three run shot in the, first but then the D backs got two back in the home half Via gino suarezak flying And Josh nayler. Single The royals kept their foot on the gas with three runs in the second as well With Bobby Wit junior And vinnie P rbi. Singles then Pass ntino struck again with a two run shot in the fourth to blow the game out of the.
Speaker 2: Water final score nine to.
Speaker 3: Three Chris boobach seven, innings seven, hits three earned three walk, Six k's E rod with one of the weirdest lines you'll see four and a third twelve hits eight earned no walks Seven K's game. Two Michael waker Versus Ryan. Nelson guess who got it going again for the D. Backs Josh, Nahelo Josh, Nailer Gino SUAREZ rbi. Singles each of them made it to zero in the third before a two run double By lorduscuriel made it four zero in the. Fifth The royals played one run on AN rbi single From Bobby Wood unior in the, sixth and in the D backs extended their margin of victory via A james McCann rbi double in the seventh And Randal gritchick two run homer in the.
Speaker 2: Eighth final score seven to.
Speaker 3: One Ryan nelson a much needed not for him as, much but just The diamondbacks needed this a strong. Start nelson has been fantastic overall this. Year seven, innings four, hits one, earned no, walks five. K's waka with The wendy stat. Line four, innings four, hits four, earned four walks four.
Speaker 2: K's go To game.
Speaker 3: Three Michael lorenzen Versus Anthony. DISCOFANI i did not know that guy was still kicking UNTIL i saw him back in the, bullpen and he actually got the start today for the D backs.
Speaker 2: And kind of guess how it went overall All.
Speaker 3: Royals Bobby wit solo homer in the fourth, inning his twelfth of the, year followed By Salvador.
Speaker 2: Perez homer made it two.
Speaker 3: Zero John rave And Kyle izbel each ADDED rbi singles to make it four zero and pretty much held. There Michael lorenzen was. Fantastic seven, innings two, hits no, runs one, walk seven. K's discofarni was actually okay.
Speaker 2: OVERALL i guess.
Speaker 3: Like four, innings four, hits four, earned but no, walks six. K's you get two out of three for The royals there who really needed, it and hopefully that gets them right a little. Bit they still got a lot more work to, do and The diamondbacks continue to slide a little bit as they you, know just trying to manage all the.
Speaker 1: Injuries, yeah this was a series THAT i don't have many takeaways, from AND i think going into, it my expectations were, like these are two teams that are very disappointing to me right, now and them facing each, OTHER i feel Like i'm not gonna learn, much and after WATCHING i feel LIKE i didn't learn.
Speaker 3: Much and, really other than, Hey, Corbyn carroll's back. Healthy obviously he's shaken off the. Roscos just nice to see him back in the, lineup and can you take that to?
Speaker 1: Me, really my main takeaway, IS i know it wasn't a crazy offensive performance by The, royals but they have been one of baseball's worst teams on offense this entire, year and to allow fourteen runs over four, GAMES i felt like that's where The diamondbacks pitching. Are where a team like The royals who hasn't really hit all year can go in and win two of three and hit a little bit because you're pitching is just that week right. Now it's, just you, know we talk about all these offensive pieces and they have so many great, ones but it's just like as soon as those bats record three outs and then it's time for the pitching to go out. There you just have no faith in The diamondbacks right. Now and it's not all of their. FAULT i mean half their bullpen is, hurt their two main, guys And puck And martinez are out for the.
Speaker 2: Year Kevin giles a nine.
Speaker 1: Seventy, yeah it's just it's not fun watching The diamondbacks. Pitch it's fun watching them, hit but the days that they don't, hit they're. Done they're.
Speaker 3: Done it would be crazy because, HONESTLY i think they would have signed up for four runs. Allowed when It's Anthony discofani To Jalen beaks To Bryce jarvis and that's the game where they don't, score you gotta Get lorenz and credit because then he tassay is it To lucas herseg who has a one eight ninety ra and Then Carlos estevez who.
Speaker 2: Has a two one.
Speaker 3: Three but man, like if if that trio for you only allows four, runs you got to try to win those. Games you gotta feel like you can get into those, games and they just couldn't get anything going offensively, unfortunately and that gives The royals a little bit of a men's maybe going into their next.
Speaker 2: Series but that's ALL i.
Speaker 1: Got that's ALL i got, Too so before we get into my fifth, series two quick. Things number, ONE i assume everybody is wanting a all star snub all star breakdown of the rosters today because all of them came out On, sunday at least a lot of the, reserves the, pitchers all of. That arm And jack are going to do an episode tomorrow all on that we wanted to get people to round, up and then we're going to do an all star kind of episode, tomorrow so be on the lookout for. That the second thing, is, again the best way to support The Just Baseball. Show rate and Review, Spotify Apple podcasts wherever you listen to your pods five stars and if you would leave a writ, review that would be very very kind because it truly is the best way to continue to support this podcast without spending a. Dime and if you're watching this on, YouTube hit the like, button hit that subscribe button and comment.
Speaker 2: Anything do we say anything? Bad do you agree with?
Speaker 1: Anything let us know in the comment section, below and then of course if you want to join the best baseball group chat in the. World the link is in the episode description to join Our. Discord it has just been popping. Lately it is so much. Fun as we get closer to the trade, deadline we get closer to THE Mlb, draft and then of course after.
Speaker 2: All, that playoffs are not so far.
Speaker 1: AWAY i know we're just getting to the, break but in terms of signing up for The, discord it is so much, fun and we're gonna be talking baseball all year long and hopefully for the rest of our. Lives all, right time to get into my first, series which is The Orioles taken on The. Braves game, One orioles win three to. Two oils got out to a three to zero lead after five innings on home runs From Jordan westburg And Cedric, mullens and that was all they needed because The braves just don't. Hit Drake baldman hit his tenth home run of the year in the, sixth but it wasn't. Enough Chuck morton only allowed to earned and struck out seven over five and a third against his former team to secure the. Win, now shout Out spence To schreider through a quality start with six, k's but he falls to three and. Seven but he's got a three to nine to three. Er that's a good symbol of The brave season thus. Far game, Two orioles win nine to six and ten. Innings Austin riley led the game off For atlanta with a two run, shot but that lead was short. Lived oriols stormed back in the third with home runs From tyler.
Speaker 2: O'Neil And Jordan.
Speaker 1: Westburg, Again homers kept flying As Matt olsen for The Braves Colden cowser for The orioles Traded dingers in the third and the. Fourth braves retook the lead on RBIs From Olsen riley in, profar but then in the Seventh holiday tied it back up with AN rbi, single and then TWO rbi doubles From Ramon loriano And Jacob stallings sealed the win in the. TEN i, KNOW i was shocked to see him. Too move over To game, three oriole sweep winning two to. One Jackson holiday opened the scoring with a two run shot and that was all they needed As Trevor Freaking rogers continued his, dominance going six and two thirds only allowing a. Run only or excuse me without allowing a, run only allowing, fourhead striking out, six lowering his era to one five. Seven the Only braves run was A Sean murphy home, run Now Grant.
Speaker 2: Holmes they.
Speaker 1: Wasted The braves wasted another good start from. Him six, innings four, hits two earned five. Punchies his era is three four four arm both of us kind of continue to wait to put the nail only coffin For.
Speaker 2: Atlanta no need to wait.
Speaker 3: Anymore, Yeah i'm, this this was, it, this, this this was it for, me And i'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna say that a home by The, ORIOLES.
Speaker 3: I, mean tax exposed And i'll get roasted when The braves, SOMEHOW i DON'T i don't even know what they'll. Do they'll trade For Tirso ornellas and Then hull hit eight hundred down the stretch playing left field for, them and something will.
Speaker 2: Happen but.
Speaker 3: The orioles are playing better, ball AND i do want to get. Out Like Charlie morton has been throwing the ball really. Well absolutely his last ten appearances forty five and two thirds.
Speaker 2: Innings he's a two seven six Y.
Speaker 3: Ra so shout at him because we were eulogizing him at forty one years.
Speaker 2: Old Trevor.
Speaker 3: Rodgers i'm so happy for BECAUSE i think the biggest part of this is he's, healthy AND i think we're seeing, That like a lot of those struggles over the last year plus were injury. Related he was averaging more ninety one ninety two with the, fastball and for a guy that has great extension and is funky and has some good fastball, characteristics getting up to ninety, three ninety, four ninety five makes a huge, difference and we're seeing. That and then also just being healthy in the command that that.
Speaker 2: Helps a lot.
Speaker 3: Too so those guys have been thrown the ball, well but you just you. Can't you can't get swept like this at home against The.
Speaker 2: ORIOLES i Just i'm. Sorry it just can't.
Speaker 3: Happen AND i JUST i feel like there was that glimmer of hope because we're The, braves, right like we're going to keep. FIGHTING i think it's. Gone WHEN i watch this, team it just they feel. Lifeless you're getting six innings of two run ball From Grant holmes and you just you can't get anything going at. All you get jerks and pro far back in your lineup off of the, suspension and he couldn't have come out to a hotter. Start you think that would spark. You you Get Ronald Acuna, junior who quite literally could not have gotten off to a hotter start coming, Back you get these two spark, plugs and still everybody else is just. DROWNING i just they feel dead to, me AND i don't really know how they're gonna get it. Going now if you add those two guys in the, lineup and it's still the same old.
Speaker 1: Story we just talked about how The nationals Cleared House rizzo And Dave martinez has Gotten now that is a much larger problem than The nationals are dealing. With but the Reason i'm bringing it up is The braves are two and a half games better than The nationals are right.
Speaker 2: Now that's.
Speaker 1: Crazy they're thirty nine and fifty, now shout out The. Orioles right with this, sweep they improved to forty and forty. Nine i'd like to see them continue.
Speaker 3: This they're not. Folding they're definitely not folding.
Speaker 1: BEFORE i start to really praise. Them but one GUY i do want to praise BECAUSE i can't believe that he's playing, well and Maybe i'm short. Sighted Maybe i'm not a ball, knower Maybe i'm not A Michael oyas For Ramond loriano was an excellent sign.
Speaker 3: Up he WAS i hate it on that move for, sure that was a miss by. Me he looks like a great pickup for.
Speaker 1: Them slash in two seventy, four three forty, six five oh five with ten. Dinger he's got an eight point fifty one. Ops he might stick around with the team and keep, hitting or they can flip him for WHAT i think is going to be a pretty solid. Return so it's a win win for The.
Speaker 3: ORIOLES a co option for six' five next year easy at. That, production yeah you, trade him he's going to bring in a, decent chunks it's another year. Of control or you, keep him as, you mentioned and it's a nice piece for you. Next year That was that was a really.
Speaker 1: Savvy, signing absolutely it Was, So yeah I'm Intrigued. Trevor rodgers he looks fantastic and we can't forget that this guy was a rocket ship With the marlins early and then dealt. With injuries wasn't the, Same guy but we're starting to see That Same trevor rodgers. Of old there is good stuff to watch here On this, orioles team but for us to start to, get excited they have to put it together. More CONSISTENTLY and I think, orioles fans even the, biggest ones would think.
Speaker 2: That's, fair yeah one.
Speaker 3: Hundred PERCENT and i think If, the Brave the braves do probably need to shake.
Speaker 2: Some things up.
Speaker 3: ROSTER wise i think it's just clear that this group is maybe not going to do, it together and if they decide to, become sellers it does really shake up the market and make it. Really interesting so. WE'LL see, i mean obviously they're gonna need to have another couple. BAD weeks i think that's very possible here that it's going to continue to. Be bad but, you know looking at the, Schedule ahead, i'm, like like how how ugly can this get what it will require for them to really shake things? Up here they Play in oakland Or, IN sacramento i, should say and they Play At, saint louis so they've got a bit of a road trip coming up to going Into The all. Star break it could it could slip away if they continue to. Struggle Offensively so i'm fascinated to see how, things go and then After The all, star break they got to Play, the yankees they got to Play, the giants they got to Travel, to texas and then they Got to it's another road trip going right Into the i'll start right into, the deadline so it could continue to get ugly. For Them so i'm very interested to see how. They maneuver if it doesn't get any better over the next, couple weeks.
Speaker 2: We will SEE before i get to the rest of.
Speaker 1: My series our. First break, all right let's start with the series. From hell now that's. Too Much The Subway series Yankees, Versus mets, Game one mets win six. To five electric start To The subway Series As jason Diminguez And aaron judge went back to back to start the game For, the yankees But won soto answered right back in the bottom half of a two. Run shot yankees kept the foot on the Gas As cody Belling jered dominguez homer to Increase the yankees lead to five, to three and Then the mets took, Full control baty homer to the sixth to pull, within one And then jeff frickin' McNeil clutched to run home run in the seventh and that was all they needed to secure the game. One win then we Moved to. Game two mets win twelve. To six mets Came Out brandon nimmel rocked a grand slam in the bottom of, The first Jazz and, wells Homeward But pete alonso's two runs shot in the fifth Gave the mets seven runs on the day.
Speaker 2: And that was all. They.
Speaker 1: Needed now, volpi homeward But then alonso homeward again and that. Was That carlos rodon his worst outing of, the season, five innings six. Earned Runs frankie montas allowed four earn runs over five and two thirds against his. Former, team now Going into, game three if we lost, this GAME and i SAY we i Am a. Yankee fan if you, DIDN'T know i just sume. You do, BUY now i was gonna come on with just a rant that was gonna piss, you off because you're gonna, be like.
Speaker 2: He's spoiled what are you?
Speaker 1: Talking about but the defense From the yankees just such a. SLOPPY series i was. So infuriated but thankfully They won. Game three they win six. To Four austin wells opened the scoring with a solo shot and then he ADDED another rbi in the fourth as part of a two. Run Inning aaron judge came up in the fifth and hit his thirty third home run of, the year.
Speaker 2: Which ended up being.
Speaker 1: The dagger mets battled all the way back to five to Four As jonathan lewisega started to fall apart, a bit But then judge Gave the yankees and breathing room with. His sackfly yankee salvage, the series But the, mets win continuing they're not dominance Over the yankees In the, subway series but it does feel like every single time we Play, the mets we lose. The, SERIES now i don't know the number is quite maybe it's closer than what my mind thinks. To MYSELF but, i Mean the mets are just better, than us plain. And simple that's my takeaway the.
Speaker 3: Season series it's three, to three but last year?
Speaker 2: Was it they have your number a little? Bit MORE maybe I just i never see a more every loss there's.
Speaker 3: Like two every win feels. Like one it's just it's not Just a yankees fan in. A, NUTSHELL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, i mean we're, all idiots and you know we everyone wants To fire Boone and cashman and change up the lineup every.
Speaker 2: Five minutes but you KNOW what i SHARE it i.
Speaker 1: It's the defense and The sloppy bellinger, play, though unbelieva THAT'S what i. Was saying game three was, just okay, All right i'm Not gonna i'm NOT gonna i have a heart attack here because much better defense, and play, clutch hitting much better Game in.
Speaker 2: Game three but the reality is That the yankees are.
Speaker 3: Just well both these teams aren't playing very well.
Speaker 2: RIGHT now i know that's.
Speaker 1: The Point the mets are not, playing well and they made pretty quick work At the yankees and we're close To winning game. Three Again But cody bellinger did make an, incredible play a shoe string catch and then to rifle it to first lindor why are you? Not sliding but you know it is what. It, is also terrible umpiring in the series on both Sides and, METS fans i know you saw.
Speaker 2: It too it was So bad met's win.
Speaker 1: A series my takeaway is That the yankees just aren't, that Good and i'm so Upset About. Clark schmidt he was pitching so well going Down With tommy. John, surgery also someone alerted me In. THE discord i feel like such AN idiot i said, multiple times multiple times on the Show About jake cousins pitching. THIS year i don't KNOW why i ever. SAID that i know we didn't pitch. THIS year i was just saying that the Loss From tommy john surgery is tough On the Yankees bull. Pluyper regardless that's a brain FART that i wanted to clear up With any yankee. Fans listening. THANK you i forget who said that in. The discord, but again that's why we love. Our discord they keep. Us honest but what were your takeaways from? The SERIES so i don't just.
Speaker 3: KEEP yelling, i mean With that, Schmidt injury i'm just very interested to see how the pitching staff shapes shapes up a little, bit now, BECAUSE like i Really Like cam. Schlidter's stuff who they are going to presumably, CALL up, i think to make a start in the next couple, of days and they're bringing. Him up he was lights out to start HIS triple, a career but then last time out two and a third, Six EARNED so i don't think they. Really care you've got, Good stuff you're our best shot.
Speaker 2: Right now we're gonna bring.
Speaker 3: YOU up i think he could shove because his FASTBALL is i think, seventy GRADE so i am really excited to see him get out there. And throw but, you know When the yankees are going into, the farm you know that there's always a little bit, of, like okay we are a bit.
Speaker 2: Thin all of.
Speaker 3: A sudden but other, THAN that i Thought the yankees offense was all. RIGHT overall i thought it was a really good. Bounce back in the. Final game it's. Just hits the pitching all of, a SUDDEN where i don't know HOW much i trust the bullpen. And everything and Then the mets seeing that offense get. Going again i'm seeing a lot of different guys come up with. BIG hits i think that has to make them feel pretty good about maybe getting. Things RIGHT and i felt Like That jacob mizerowski start where they just ambushed him and finished out that series well carried that momentum into.
Speaker 2: THIS one i Think the mets are starting to get right a. Little, bit Yeah the mets are. TOTALLY fine, i mean this team.
Speaker 1: Is good they're going to add a starter at, The deadline they're going to add a left, handed reliever and they're going to continue to be one of the best teams that they're thirty three.
Speaker 3: And fourteen at, Home too so like that's one. Thing too it's really hard to Go To city field and win ball games, right now And the yankees are not already a team that definitely plays much better at home, as well so that's going to play a part. In IT but i don't know if there's a team that's better at home Than the mets right Now.
Speaker 2: At cityfield thirty three and fourteen is.
Speaker 1: Pretty insane you go in To The citney field and it's. A graveyard, i Mean the mets just beat. You down but Another thing i'm. WORRIED about, i mean so Many things i'm, worried About but i'll answer them one. By One the yankees bullpen just isn't. THAT good, i mean That's Definitely devin williams.
Speaker 2: Is good like you might look at the box and, be, like oh he's.
Speaker 1: Doing better it's still just we're walking a. TIGHT rope i feel like every single time he steps on. The Mound luke weaver is starting to, fall APART which. I hate I Love luke weaver, to death but his last couple addings have not. Been Good fernando cruz hits the Il and i'm, JUST like i can't Watch More. MARK leider, i mean. GOOD guy I assume i'm rooting. For him it's just not fun to watch. Him pitch it's just point, Plank period like it's. Not fun need to make some moves and, this defense and you, know what it makes me. Really Sad arm i've Been a vulpe BELIEVER and i will continue to Be a. Vulpi reliever but it's really hard to answer all these group chats with people being like All my yankee fan friends who Are, like peter you still Believe in Volpy while i'm watching him just puke all.
Speaker 2: Over, HIMSELF.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean i would say the pressure that is consistently put on him AND be i think vitriol that he's dealt with from from fans over a few, YEARS now i think. Doesn't help It's like yankees fans like get upset about certain players not turning, it around but make it more difficult for them to turn.
Speaker 2: IT around, i agree we're not the best fan base in.
Speaker 3: THE world i think he's handled everything, with grace but like, you know he's gonna have to. WEAR it I just i think this is another one of those situations where, it's.
Speaker 2: Like why isn't he?
Speaker 3: Getting right but you're making it worse by the way that you guys go.
Speaker 2: About it, not you but like that the way, that.
Speaker 1: No it's, not me but it's kind. Of me it's in my it's in. MY head i just don't let it come out. At ALL like i see crazy stuff all.
Speaker 3: The time, and AGAIN maybe i. Get it he's a, grown man He's major league. Baseball player it is what, it is but it definitely doesn't, help that like he has been put under a MICROSCOPE that I just i can't remember very many other young young players really have to. Deal with and it comes with Being. A yankee blah. BLAH blah i, get it but they haven't made his life.
Speaker 1: Any, easier yeah like, you're saying like it comes With, being yankee that.
Speaker 3: That, sucks yeah why does it come with Being?
Speaker 2: A yankee because you guys.
Speaker 1: Created IT and i still believe in him right twenty four, years Old and i've compared Him To dansby swanson one hundred, thousand TIMES and i want people to Go and braves fans are going to, Remember this go Look At dancy swanson's, earlier career he was not.
Speaker 2: Very good the team that drafted him. Traded him how often is a number one pick?
Speaker 1: Like? That exactly he was like, downright bad and as he continued, to develop he got better.
Speaker 2: AND better i still think he's great with, the glove even though the glove hasn't been that. Great LATELY but.
Speaker 1: I still think overall he's got a. GOOD glove i think he's going to be a. Good hitter sometimes his approach just, infuriates me and, you know staring down the barrel of a horrible stat arm he Leads Major league baseball and leaving runners. On, base yeah that's like the worst, stut ever the worst. Stat ever and then him, hitting runs him hitting judge in the head was not was just that was WHAT.
Speaker 2: Am i supposed?
Speaker 1: TO do.
Speaker 2: I gotta we gotta move On, from, YES seriously i could do it for. An, hour yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's, think okay, All right let's Go to Reds Versus phillies, Game one red win nine. To six phillies grabbed an early three to, zero lead highlighted By A nick costiano's, home run When the reds would battle Back As austin hayes tied up the game in the third with, the double And Then spencer Steer gave sincy the lead with the two, run double and Then noelvie marte welcome back Gave the reds a cushion with a. Sack fly reds kept piling on in a, team effort scoring one more in the fourth and two more in. The fifth lozardo tough outing and. Tough stretch really two innings six earned his ara is up to four. Four four also really Tough For andrew abbot. As well weird bad start. For Him Also all Star Snub andrew abbot three and a third nine hits four earned his era is still two. One five, GAME two i. Don't know phillies win five, to one no runs still the fifth and Then the Homers Arrived ensen homer to Give the reds a one, zero lead but that was It for cincy As A mundo sosa answer right back, with One then bowman, the six And then schwarber in. The eighth nicolodolo solid quality start with eight K's And rangers suarez continues to shove five innings only one earned aloud And six punchies Moved to. Game three philly's win three. To one this Was The zach. Wheeler show tossed in a, complete game, one hitter twelve punchies and that, one hit though Was In austin hayes. Home run he faced twenty, eight batters just one over. The minimum Outside. Of wheeler the highlight of the game Was A bryson stott two run shot to break the one one tie in the Eighth And chase burns on the red side was much better this. Time around he wasn't, tipping pitches or at least that's what, we think straking out seven over four and two thirds while allowing just. ONE run i posted This, on twitter arm ranked these. Three pitchers we do it all. The Times google Skeeds, and WHEELER and i, was like to, BE honest i could hear, Any, ORDER like i Don't think skins is the bad so that would be the ONLY one i. Couldn't hear but if you Told me wheelers better in, schoobl sure he's been doing it since twenty. Twenty one he's the best in the. Big moments the amount OF trust i have in him. Is unbelievable And, Then scooble we're gonna talk about it in a. Little bit just seven shuddy unbelievable again every single time he throws, the start every single time. He throws we got a new tweet coming up how he's setting a. NEW record i mean this, time around last, two starts twenty three, punch outs no. Or Runs only tiger to ever do That Is. Jack morris we can just keep going through all These crazy stucky's.
Speaker 3: Theirs right now And then wheeler's. Ridiculous AGAIN but i in terms of hitter reactions and just the WAY that i feel like guys are going up there feeling like they have almost. NO chance, I sorry i really feel That when i'm watching hitters Against tex SCOOB and i Know the reds felt like they probably didn't have much of a chance in this one where it was nine innings of one run ball and this struck out. Twelve times but there's something About these schoola beats where it just the hitter reactions are as Uncomfortable as i've seen in a.
Speaker 2: Long.
Speaker 3: Time yeah my only other big Takeaway Is, elido lacruz the right handed hitter is really.
Speaker 2: Coming along, and.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's huge right because that was weighing him down first thirty seven games from the. Right side he had a five SIXTY three ops and his thirty games since that from the right side two, ninety eight three, twenty seven five thirty two slash lines.
Speaker 2: A eight to FIFTY.
Speaker 3: Eight ops if he's hitting well from the, left side he's going to be in a really good spot because he's a nine to TWENTY four ops from the. Right side, excuse me because he's a nine to TWENTY four ops from the, left side hitting three hundred. This year so seeing that right side continue to, COME along, i mean that can really really enhance that bottom line for the twenty three.
Speaker 2: Year OLD and i also feel Like.
Speaker 1: THE phillies i don't know if this is a takeaway based on, this SERIES but i just continue to feel like they're just kind of, going underrated right Because, the dodgers everybody knows how good. They Are the cubs are probably the best Watch In Major league baseball on a day by, day. Basis Right the mets have been, So good they're so good, At home they're talked about, a ton, you Know the braves fall is talked. About Constantly the brewers have, been Good, the Padres. THE giants i continue, TO say i Think the phillies are the most underrated team.
Speaker 2: IN baseball i think this team can Win The.
Speaker 1: World series they are just so loaded and there are a few bullpen arms away from.
Speaker 2: Being able to beat anybody on any. Given, day Yeah the ms.
Speaker 3: Have been playing pretty, good ball, you know it's not really.
Speaker 2: Good ball And the phillies just kind of took.
Speaker 3: Care, of them especially they just snapped in, and yeah just in the next.
Speaker 1: TWO exactly, i mean you look at, the Rotation like Ranger And, christopher sanchez you could say Both Are all. Star snubs i'm sure you're going to talk about. Them tomorrow then You have wheeler and you have this offense Now with, Harper back schwarber, Hitting bombs costiano's having a better.
Speaker 2: Offensive, season like this team is just really really.
Speaker 1: Good Again and i'm really excited to See How don browski operates.
Speaker 2: THIS deadline i.
Speaker 3: Think we might see the most aggressive version, of him At least i'm. Hoping SO so.
Speaker 1: I think, About it wheeler's only got two, More years harper's only, Getting older dombrowski's only.
Speaker 2: Getting older he's going to. Do anything if you're a prospect Of the, phillies system just keep you might Be.
Speaker 3: Out and it's as strong of a form as, it's been as they've had Really since nembrowski's.
Speaker 1: Taken over do You think dombrowski like is There Is andrew painter? TRULY untouchable i think in the, RIGHT trade.
Speaker 3: I don't think that there's A player i can think of that would be available off the top of my head that would nitch allow you To Move. Andrew painter but sometimes players who are unavailable become available when a Prospect That andrew painter. Is ATTAINABLE so i wouldn't rule anything out. WITH him i think, it's UNLIKELY but i wouldn't rule.
Speaker 1: Anything out let's move Over to Angels Versus. Blue jays, god Damn The blue jays are fun to watch. Right now, Game one blue just went four to three and. Ten innings scoring didn't start into the bottom of the Six As, Andro, jimenez Bobachet And addison barjer all drove in Runs for toronto to take, the lead But jo adell got it all back with a four hundred and thirty one foot moonshot, in seventh tying the game, at three and we go to Extras And ernie clement lays down a bunch with runners on first and Second And sam bachman the picture airmailed to first.
Speaker 2: And they walked.
Speaker 1: It Off eric lauer just keeps on shoving, six innings three hits to earn six k's his the ras down to two.
Speaker 2: Six' five.
Speaker 1: What A pickup and, Hendricks You know kyle, hendricks was great just had one bad inning five and a. Third three Earned moved.
Speaker 2: To Game two blue jays went.
Speaker 1: Four to three but this time they did it. An eleven Innings angels and jays traded runs in The First before joe odell Again gave the angels the lead with a sack fly, and The Third but george springer got that lead back, and then some hitting his sixteenth home run of the Year to give toronto a three. To two lead Talk About an, all star snub maybe the biggest in. All Of, Baseball george springer why was he Not On the?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 1: Star Team crazy nolan shanwell tied it UP with an rbi single in the seventh and we head, to extras Again and then addison barjer came up in the Eleventh Sent the blue jays home HAPPY with.
Speaker 2: An rbi Single moved.
Speaker 1: To Game three blue jays sweep win, Three To two mike trott homer to, start the Game but the jays got it back in the forth and then Some Highlighted by. Boba schett longball taylor tied it up in the FIFTH with, an Rbi Single.
Speaker 2: But david Schneider gave the jays the lead BACK.
Speaker 1: On an rbi single, of his own And then the jay's bullpen came in and. Shut the door Good start by gosman five and two thirds to earn. Nine k's Arm, It is, sunday july Sixth And the blue jays are comfortably in first Place In The.
Speaker 2: American league east could?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: Believe it No and but, i'm starting, TO you know i am starting to.
Speaker 2: Buy in now it's it's hard.
Speaker 3: TO argue against i Really Enjoyed watching max schurzer throw, the ball well and it's been fun to watch him. Just look healthy uh and and just that adds a layer to what they've got. Going on here so just seeing him back. Healthy was, Nice but yeah ericlawer just continues to, do his thing which. Is really, cool and dude When you've got barger emerging and then they're able to plato in their Way Now with david schneider getting going to be that short side, of the platoon and then you've got. Different Pieces there ernie clement is to destroying left he's and. Playing good Defense you mentioned springer doing. What he's doing they're. In a spot and then the depth. Is Amazing Too like andre, semenez goes down they can Bring up A joey low berfido who was swinging it Really WELL in triple a of late and he picked UP a big rbi single. In THAT one SO i just i like that they've got all these different players that they, can plug in. Mix and match and then you've still got your your key guys that are doing what they were supposed to do when you brought them in or when you have just had them grow into.
Speaker 2: Who.
Speaker 3: They are Right you want bobachett to be a middle of the order, Master for You want bladdy guerrero to be that, superstar for you and they've. Been really Solid And, then george springer who you paid a lot of money to be a key, piece for you was finally DOING that when i don't think anybody. Expected it anymore then the Guy Who extended alejandra kerk. Continues to ball so it's been. Fun to watch it's another, team, here that, like you know with the way that they're, playing right now this is going to Be An aggressive blue.
Speaker 2: Jays team too and those, players all, DESERVE you, know i think to.
Speaker 3: Get some reinforcements add it in there so they're, fun to watch like, they Really are and i'm enjoying.
Speaker 1: What they're doing we Talked about the mets thirty three and, fourteen home record the. Best In Baseball. The blue jays You, go to toronto that's another. Graveyard Out There the blue jays are thirty two and, sixteen at home want winners, of eight straight nine of their. Last ten games everything is clicking, for THIS team and i don't think it's crazy to say that this team can continue to build on this and. WIN this, division I mean the, yankees Are vulnerable the, rays Are Vulnerable the red sox are just. Kind Of Mediocre the blue jays can. Win this division and you could just tell. By watching them there's this the belief in the team. One through nine anyone can get a hit on. Any given day, the starting pitchers you got your three studs, at the Top And then eric lauer comes in, And That. Bullpen jeff, hoffman you know they have so many other guys in a bullpen that have just stepped up and. DONE incredible jobs i said it like a month and, a HALF ago and, i was like the let's not Sleep On the blue, jays here people and they have done EVEN better than i would have thought being an Optimistic.
Speaker 2: Person, about toronto.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a pessimist it's been really cool to see them. Do THEIR thing And i mean gosman turning in a good one AS well against i think the lineup that several players had some success against him coming. Into, this one yeah excited to see. Them keep Rolling, and, THE angels though i think we're gonna start to see them fade, a little bit but we'll.
Speaker 2: See, buyers though oh, no matter what. No matter, what all right Let's move To.
Speaker 1: Tigers Versus Guardians tigers, Sweet game one tigers win. Two To one josier Merez gave the guardians the lead with his fourteenth home round, of the.
Speaker 2: Year but that was the Only run the.
Speaker 1: Guardians could muster it's not a Great sentence for guardians. Fans A win cel perez homerun the third tied it and then Mckinstrre gave the tigers the lead with a home run of his own and this. Game was over they wasted a very Solid slate to cony start six innings to, earned five punches his, aras, at, three Five Six and reese olsen was solid in his Return from the al big Time, for the tigers only allowing one run through four And a Third game two tigers win. One to zero this was the case he my, show seven shutty only, allowing four hits. Punching out four his era's down to. Two six three what A season For Casey miz spencer torkelsen's twentieth home run of the season was the lone run of the Game and the guardians wasted another good, starting pitching performance This Time. From logan, allen six innings only one earned, on two, hits five k's his areas down to four. Point zero Seven moved, To game three tigers sweep win seven to two. To ten innings this game didn't have a run scored until the bottom of the eighth inning As Scoobl and gavin williams had a good old. Fashioned pitchers duel scooble. Was just, insane seven, innings three, hits no, runs ten k's his area's down to Two To, two, gavin williams though was, incredible six innings, only one hit, allowed no, runs eight k's his era's down to three to. Six to one guardians had a one to oh lead before pass Ball allowed the tigers. To Tie, it bo naylor don't let that ball go in between your legs and then. They, WENT crazy hi i lighted by Home Runs from Trey Sweeney.
Speaker 2: And Riley green the guardians have lost ten. In a row. It's it's crazy the theme.
Speaker 3: Is wasted starts they wasted another One With with gavin. WILLIAMS here too i understand That you had scooble opposite, this time around but you still had an opportunity to, shut the door didn't and then your next best reliever, just got throttled like absolutely throttled For For Earn. In kate smith so this. Team can't hit it's. JUST that, simple i mean it's really really tough to. Watch this series if you told me, going INTO it and i know They're, playing the tigers who are one of the best, teams in baseball but if you told me you were gonna get, the pitching performances the starting pitching performances they got from the three arms that. Got the ball i'd say they're at least taking definitely at. Least taking one you think they got a great chance of taking two, out of three and you wouldn't rule, out.
Speaker 2: A sweep and. They got swept so it's it's really.
Speaker 3: UGLY right now i DON'T want to i don't want to fully call it for, them just yet but it's getting done close for a team that already needs extra. Insensitive to buy it seems like we could be trending towards another seller here where. They've got pieces, BUT you KNOW i just i look at that offense and it's gonna be hard to see that getting a. Spark, anytime soon here. It's just tough the lineup. REALLY drops off i think we are looking at.
Speaker 2: A seller, here i mean they're forty.
Speaker 1: And, forty eight again they've lost ten, in a row negative fifty, nine run differential and if you look at their expected win loss based off, that run differential it's even worse at thirty seven. And, fifty one right they're not, winning at home they're not winning. On the road they're eighteen and thirty seven against teams. Over five hundred. THEY can't, hit i mean only they.
Speaker 3: Had A, guy in tripaa who can hit for power and. Get on base but even Would chase the lauder do that much to the, line OF no but. I would try i would.
Speaker 1: Try as well, but you know as soon as you Get Done, With kwan minzardo.
Speaker 2: I'm just coughing. AT a storm I don't even i.
Speaker 3: Don't even know like the latter doesn't even play obviously, plays the outfield but Like You have will wilson starting games for you, At Second base.
Speaker 2: Brian rokio is one of the worst hitters.
Speaker 1: In, the sport yeah that middle and field. TANDEM is CRAZY i, JUST i, DON'T i don't. I don't, KNOW and again i want To, praise, THE tigers right I don't want tigers fans, to be like?
Speaker 2: WHAT about, us i mean you rolled over a team.
Speaker 3: That, Can't, HIT yeah no i mean, he, played well.
Speaker 2: Right you did you did all.
Speaker 1: That you could but at the end, of the day like every single starter performed really, well against You and the tigers have not been playing. The best baseball. THEY'RE still obviously i think it says, a lot though that they still. Won those GAMES that's what i was, Going to say like they weren't playing that. Great a baseball they weren't really hitting much this series and still. Got, to Sweep like If i'm, a tigers, fan it's like even when we're not, playing that well.
Speaker 2: We can still. SWEEP a, team i, know.
Speaker 1: You, know the guardians you know didn't, exactly do much but at, the same time that's big for a, team like this.
Speaker 2: Especially again winning on the road. Like, THEY did, yep i, agree all right let's move on to.
Speaker 1: The next Series Rays versus, twins game, One excuse me twins win. Four To three harrison bader started the scoring in the fifth with his eighth home run, of the year but that lead lasted. Half an Inning Yandy and junior camanaro drove home a RUN each, on rbi Hits And then josh load.
Speaker 2: Did the same.
Speaker 1: In the seventh twins amount A Comeback as byron buckston drove in a run on a Double and then brooksley got a hit by pitch with, the bases loaded. Tying it up bader steps up in the bottom of the ninth and walks it off his second home run. Of The game the rays really Wasted A great zach ltel start six innings a one run ball. With five k's his eras down to three, to Five zero. Moved game two twins win again. Six to five teams trade Runs Early before Josh low gave tampa the LEAD on, an rbi Double and Then yandi and junior sackflied two more, in the fifth race put up another, in the sixth and it felt like the game was over with a five, to one lead but. Not So fast royce lewis drives home the, twins second Run And then cody clemens came up clutch three run jack. To tie it then, in The ninth brooks lee laid down a bunt Down and hit diaz's glove run scores their second straight. Walk off Win moved. To game three rays finally win seven to five. And ten innings buckston opened the scoring with his twentieth home run, of The Year but taylor walls grabbed the lead back in the third with, a home Run And then jonathan Rona gave the rays the LEAD with an rbi single. In the fourth back and forth the rest, of the Way Highlighted by harrison vader clutch to run home run to tie. It at four then we head To, Extras where Yandi cabiiro and junior all drove in runs To give the. Rays the win rastussen had a short outing because he's on a one hundred and fifty, innings pitch limit so we Got To see joe boyle dominate for five innings without allowing, an earn runs. Striking out seven what do?
Speaker 3: You think that that's, just my thoughts like this has Been HAPPENING in, Triple a two like. He's Got it joe boyles, figured IT out and i mean he did that, ninety five pitches five innings, of no, run one walk.
Speaker 1: Seven k ball having, him as well they can. DO this now i think this might.
Speaker 3: Be the plan You can keep rasmussen fresh now potentially to be available for The Playoffs because joe boyle can piggyback five plus innings now every. Fifth day too they are in a really advantageous spot on. The pitching side. Talked about it you know how they have some Other ARMS in triple a that can help them when, needed As Well and ian seymour left to who can just be a good Back end. Ending zeter two they're in. A great, spot you know the bullpen's always going. TO be good i think it's really impressive that they're able to Get That. From joe, boyle, that said though that helped them. Salvage The, SERIES the twins i think huge for them to take two out of three here because they're another team that was trending like some of the others that we, were talking about, where, it's like oh they could be dead in. The water soon race has been, playing great ball Big for the, twins to, to you know take those two out of three there and keep themselves in the fight.
Speaker 1: A little Bit How, About harrison vader. He's been amazing he's been so good and he's been so clutch at, the same time like it does feel Like whenever the twins, have a comeback like, he's right there another.
Speaker 2: Good pick, up ten.
Speaker 1: Bombs seven steals seven fifty seven ops while displaying incredible range like he normally does. In center field he's in the ninety fifth percent threevers in this, series by him at least two might have been three FORGOT even though i, Just, READ it yeah i think.
Speaker 2: It was three, he's been really really Good. For the twins but that's kind of THE only takeaway i Have. With The twins the twins are, JUST you know i still.
Speaker 1: Believe in, them why? Not of course why not you know there they are, in second place arm did? You know that or second situation there there's back thirteen and a half back in. The second though now it's, JUST you know i Look at, the twins lineup like especially, In this, series i'm like this is one of the best.
Speaker 2: LINEUPS in baseball i really do.
Speaker 1: Think like that you go from, one TO nine like i, kind of do, go through, it go through go through their.
Speaker 2: Lineup, For day yes, Saturday's line.
Speaker 3: Up saturday's Lineup you want. SATURDAY'S line Up i.
Speaker 2: Want saturday's lineup, Just everybody listen just tell me this isn't one of the best. Lineups in baseball.
Speaker 3: I'm about To byron bucks, And leading off willie cash on, The Two hole trevor larnick d h, and hitting third who was hit Four by brooks lee later in, the ball game Carl, And Brooks lee carlos carre on the, Cleanup Spot.
Speaker 1: Dog ryan Jeffers, Great At Wallinger, Royce Hits, nukes Cody Clemens.
Speaker 3: And harrison, bader i'm okay that's. A good lineup this solid lineup. All right through after that lineup is. Going, to stake also did You Know that roger clemens named all of his kids with the like all of his kids' names start WITH the letter k because. OF like strikeouts i, think, THAT'S like respectfully i think that that you. Can do it we want, it's your. FAMILY your kids i think. That's so, corny i'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry like, gon a funny, they're all, okay like.
Speaker 3: DUDE you're you i understand baseball, is your, wife but wow.
Speaker 2: Like that's crazy that is. Crazy to, me BUT anyway he's.
Speaker 3: I don't know i don't think that. Lineup's that good, IT'S all, RIGHT i.
Speaker 1: Do I think from i think there's not as many lineups that are as, deep as That right because I'm saying with baita, at the night like there's nobody bad in that. Lineup at all and there's a lot of lineups where they're very top heavy and then it drops. Off Really quick the. Twins lineup again we're going to take up everybody's time Debating.
Speaker 2: About. The TWINS last all i want TO say is i Believe In.
Speaker 1: THEM twins nation i still still believe. Good series win.
Speaker 2: We're. In second place, there you? Go all right? Should we?
Speaker 1: Talk all right so we got, we, have, one, two three four, five series left and before we get to, those five series. Our last, break all right let's let's talk. About the series but he has Been Waiting For white sox. Rockies Prime, Time, In denver, Colorado Game one white sox went. Three to two this was we're, Joking early. Least I'm joking adrian hauser has. Been freaking awesome he's, gonna, get them, definitely eight innings, allowing two runs but none of, them were earned, striking out Six lowering is zra to, One six zero and You'd Expect, with adrian howser what?
Speaker 2: Is he, thrown eleven innings fifty fifty. And two thirds he's putting together.
Speaker 1: A great season Shout Out to edgar carrow home run in the sixth broke the two, to two tie the first.
Speaker 2: OF his career i was.
Speaker 1: SURPRISED by That I know edgar carroll is not like much of. A power guy he's more, back to ball but took him this long to hit his. First, time run yeah it's, kind of crazy. You got It in, Course Game two white sox win. Ten to Three the only rockies runs came on a two Run Single from jordan beck and a Home Run, from beton doyle but then from there all socks leaning so so homewered one of his three hits, On THE. Day, Michael, A Taylor homer colston montgomery welcome, to The Show and mike talkman had Three Hits and jonathan cannon allowed two runs in five. And two thirds Move over. To game three rockies win. Six to fourth salvage. Is The series mickey moniac homer to, start the game but the lead was short Lived As the white sox came roaring back in the third and fourth and fifth take four. To Two lead mickey monia came up clutch though, in the fifth driving home TWO in, an rbi Triple And then michael tolia rocked a home run To give the, rockies the lead and this.
Speaker 2: Game was over how many innings did? You watch? It this series this, is, NOT one yep i. DIDN'T watch one.
Speaker 3: I watched swings i went back And Watched some. COLSON montgomery swings i did not. WATCH any innings i Love That the white sox did the Soft, launch for colson who is really struggling with swing and mess over the last. Couple of years has gotten right though over the. Last few, weeks you know their former first rounder to get his big League. Debut at corps great way to start, with some, momentum and man he took advantage. Of the altitude he absolutely raked. In this series so great start to his.
Speaker 2: Big league career it's de great defensive. Play as well that's just kind of shoulder diving. Play, AT short yeah i mean it's got.
Speaker 3: To feel fun whether you believe in him fully it. All working out i'm a little bit more, skeptical. ON him regardless i do think it's Just Fun for white sox fans to be, able to, see you know guys who could be pieces of the future and. Have some Upside Oh, SO mike talkman i imagine's gonna be another trade.
Speaker 2: Chip for them. He's been awesome that guy's.
Speaker 3: Up to what he's in two. Eighty eight now he's just been been mashing. All year, LONG but, yeah i mean there's not much to take away from this series. That, it's funny though all, of A sudden the rockies are playing a little, bit better overall and like we've been talking about The Fun loving white, sox and yeah they're getting. There and whatever they're. Thirty And sixty the rockies are twenty one. And sixty nine it's all, of a sudden not, that far apart. But they are there are a lot more tangible Pieces With.
Speaker 2: The White sox white sox fans didn't need. To hear. That i'm sorry it's kind, of Fair though To.
Speaker 1: Pirates versus mariners this one was, all Low scoring as i'm sure, you can imagine team Mobile between the Mariners. And the pirates mariners went six To zero. In game one kyl rawly hard for the nine hundred and sixty seventh time to, open the Scoring and then randy followed Suit And freaking cal ray hit his two thousandth home run.
Speaker 2: Of the, year real talk he's. At thirty.
Speaker 1: Five just unbelievable in, The Sixth inning dylan moore got in, on the fun hitting his ninth home run, of the year and the game Was Over because brian woo shoved, again six, innings three hits. No Earned Eight k's all star Snub moved. To game two mariners win. One To zero luis castile was On, one on saturday tossing seven innings of shutout baseball while only allowing two hits and, striking out eight lowering his era to three to. Three To one mike burrows also threw a. Five inning shutout he's an INTRIGUING arm that. I Really like but ferguson came in after and allowed the loan run of the Game On A ben. Williamson rbi Double moved, To game three mariners sweep win.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: To zero Again randy rose arena provided, the only offense hitting his fourteenth. Of the year as this was A Duel between George Kirby. And paul skeen skeens trick out, ten Over five shutty kirby's strickout nine over six, and a THIRD and then i Wrote down, insert, Skeens pitching well PIRATES lose stat i decided not to do that because we do that, every Weekend roundup And i'm sure pirates fans are sick, Of hearing that oh, They Made history paul skean shoved and. We. Did win great they. All know it we don't need. Any more stats and people are Wondering Why did paul skins only go five innings if he didn't allow a run five hits only was that. Seventy eight pitches It's clear the pirates are managing his innings, because.
Speaker 2: Why yeah run him. Into the, ground when yeah why your. TEAM'S already there.
Speaker 3: I feel Like putting THE Pirates In t mobile Park. Like the Pirates putting the PIRATES Offense In t mobile park is like taking somebody who already can't swim and attaching weights to their feet and throwing them in, the deep end like they were, gonna drown anyway but you just you made it a little bit.
Speaker 2: More way quicker that's THE best analogy i. CAN think, of i, mean just. Insane great analogy zero zero and zero for.
Speaker 3: THREE straight games i want to give credit to the Staff, of, the MARINERS though, because i Mean, You got Wu, you've got kirby who's throwing the ball really well now that he's kind of got his legs back, on it again.
Speaker 2: So Like, and and castillo like He's still The.
Speaker 3: Loiset freaking castillo he's got a three THREE one e lra and and he, Was UTTERLY dominant so i do want to give. Him Credit there matt brashton's coming back. Has been Disgusting and then munios is one of the best relievers, in THE sport, so i mean this is, Guaranty, all though like this is how they're gonna win a.
Speaker 2: Lot of, games but shit, Can, they not like can they score some?
Speaker 3: More runs too back to back one zero, wins, is like ah but.
Speaker 2: You'll take it.
Speaker 3: It's a sweep you do, what you do you do well and hopefully they add. To THIS offense but uh got to give, credit to, uh you know this pitching staff.
Speaker 2: That IS ridiculous and i also want To Shout.
Speaker 1: Out gabe spire he's. From my hometown we went to the. Same high school he was a legend, in My town so i'm always. Rooting for him and you mentioned Some of those Mariners relievers Like, brash and munios and they've. BEEN so, Good I mean gabe spire is one of the only lefties in this pen and he's just shoving, thirty four innings fifty, one punch outs two six five era toughier last year, with some injuries but was really good in, twenty twenty three but a.
Speaker 2: Really solid relieve Or Shout.
Speaker 3: Out gabe spire you make it sound like he Has, been like wyoming like in the, Middle. Of nowhere wyoming when when a lefties from guy like the legend.
Speaker 2: Of your hometown he. Was a legend he, was a legend like.
Speaker 1: In high school you Knew The, Name gabe spire like that dude is say good night when you'd go.
Speaker 2: Up against him. It's just. COOL it's cool i played, with his brother like it's.
Speaker 1: Really really, Cool well hanging, BUT you're right I do pretend i'm from some pow dunk town From nowhere, where i'm like this.
Speaker 2: Guy, saved Us now maybe i'm. Over exaggerate logend.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Was his name The quarterback The Eagles that carson wentz, went Back To.
Speaker 2: Like north dakota it's like HE'S like he i can walk.
Speaker 3: On water, there BUT yeah Now I also.
Speaker 1: North Dakota and southern california is, A LITTLE different, LIKE i, understand i, UNDERSTAND but.
Speaker 3: Yeah i mean also one positive On on the Pirates shout out nicknzales continue to put.
Speaker 2: Together good abs he's.
Speaker 3: Swinging About well spencer horwitz is starting to heat up a. Little bit too those are two guys that you want. To, Build On also O'Neil.
Speaker 2: Cruz with one of.
Speaker 3: The best, throws you're like You'll ever see hunter phone to nab a.
Speaker 2: Guy at home. That was Cool. He b crawford but.
Speaker 3: That's about IT and then i k have to just Keep POPPING off king i don't think he did, anything this series but you are the solution to. All teams, Problems, Just waits peyton i'm asking you right, now on YouTube hopefully everyone'll see the meme that someone made it in our disc where it's, like the league who?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 2: Guy was that You know?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I'm saying yeah was it Not the.
Speaker 1: SHAM wow guy i don't know if it Was the, sham wow guy but it's that meme of him just putting a piece, of duct tape, and it's like all, THESE TEAMS PROBLEMS I.
Speaker 2: Ca i caf you, NEED.
Speaker 1: AN infielder ikf I FEEL like i caf is the band aid.
Speaker 2: For every team he's gonna net four top. One hundred, easily.
Speaker 1: All right let's Move on To, Cubs versus CARDINALS and before i break into the, NEXT three series i. Want to apologize we there was A really. Weird sunday schedule you got like a, nine pm game a, ten pm game And Then the. Cubs cardinals was first pitch was at around six To. Ten pm eastern We Are. In eastern time we didn't want to record deep, into the night so we were recording in. The Third inning Between, cubs versus cardinals and there's not really much to recap. From that game i'll get into it for a second, in a Second because the cubs.
Speaker 2: Are just it's a.
Speaker 1: Beatdown right, Now game one cubs win. Eleven To three seasa zuki opened the scoring with his twenty fourth home run Of The air all star SNUB and then pca sent went, deep as well But He's an all star twenty second and home run. Of the air the theme, here home runs so, Many, Home, Runs, Bush Homeward, carson KELLY Hombert that, pca Homeward Again then, michael Bush Again Then brendon donovan stuck went in, for his team But then the cubs went right. Back To, it Dansby homeward then bush for, a third time a franchise record for home runs in a Single. Game for chicago another Cool Staff from JESSE. Rodgers From espn michael bush Is the third cubs player with a three homer Game. Against the cardinals all three Did It. On independence Day moys has illued in two thousand And three and hank liber In, NINETEENTH said america i felt Like the Most American stat Cubs cardinals incredible American Rivalry.
Speaker 2: ON independence day i thought. It was awesome is that? A weird stat that is?
Speaker 1: A crazy stat that's wild underneath? It all great colin race start six, and two, thirds one hit one Earned four shrike Cups moved. To game two cardinals went.
Speaker 2: Eight TO.
Speaker 1: Six thomas a jac but in the scoring with the two Run Single For michael Freakin' bush all star snub hitting his eighteen STAR teams, knowing i know but these.
Speaker 2: GUYS deserve, It I. Mean michael bush, after this weekend he's got a ONE sixty. Two, wrc plus yeah we. Need too free you have to find a way to put that Guy In The. All, STAR game. Yeah, i know again he came, on really late but not.
Speaker 3: Came on really he's been, good all year but he's really went into like god Mode The.
Speaker 1: Last, super drive yeah it's tough these guys who, go crazy recently and then there's snubs and then and then the fans start, to freak out and. For good reason right they're seeing a guy who Looks Like an all star, and should be and you look at the full season numbers right now and he. Absolutely should be but. It is tough cubs would battle back and. Retake the Lead Highlighted back carson Kelly home run cardinals Would NOT be and I, Though As burlasten homer gorman tied it UP with an Rbi Single and yuel poso hit a three run home Run. For the dagger and right now it is Eight to zero cardinals. After Three innings matt boyd shoving seven punchies. In Three innings eric fetti did not have a fun day. At the ballpark neither Did Neither.
Speaker 2: Did john? King what happened, Just An onslaught no dinger's.
Speaker 1: JUST everybody Hitting, I, Mean, Tucker pete Crome, Shawank SAOs, A zuki michael i mean, The Regular guys. Nica horner's crushing it's they're they're just doing cubshit where they just overwhelmed. YOU with offense I love this cubs. Team, SO much, oh i mean.
Speaker 3: THERE they are i think if you could pick a team to play and PLAY on national tv, LIKE most nights i would take them because you're gonna get an, Offensive just barrage you're gonna get some really, impressive defensive plays and then maybe the pitching staff will give up, some runs too so you get a little bit. From BOTH sides but i want to just Shout out yahl Poso or yohel poso one of the weirdest Batted ball profiles i've seen, through thirty games like ever and.
Speaker 2: IT'S so, fun i mean he's a, weird looking athlete but it's the peak male performance.
Speaker 3: Kind of guy ninety percent in zone contact with a forty five percent chase rate has resulted in in eighty, one played appearances twenty six hits. And one walk he's a one percent walk rate and a six. Percent k rate he hits everything in the air also at, the same time. Which is nuts you don't really see that from, a super aggressive high end. Zone contact guy but. Like wild profile but ride the wave like he's, he's given, you you know big big hits, here and there especially. OFF the BENCH i think i think like four consecutive games he has like a, he's PINCH hit and i think in three of them he. Has a knock it's been funny to. Watch him play he's been a nice little. Piece FOR them, but i mean look Out for this. Cubs offense man they absolutely rake and if they presumably even may want to add, to the. OFFENSE that's Crazy i hope shaw gets going here so they. Don't do that but if they want, to do, that holy crap it gets. Even more nuts, but Uh yeah the cubs are in a really good, spot right now, and you know you imagine they hold on to the game, three win here it's another impressive. Series from them.
Speaker 1: Here's my issue with. Sometimes MY hyperbole if I say the twins offense, is really good what does That? Make the cubs exactly their words To describe the cubs.
Speaker 2: Offense really good i'm.
Speaker 1: Working on, IT you know i will work. In progress PODCASTER you know i get, hyped about teams AND you. Know i, do But yeah the Cubs Are just michael bush face lefties.
Speaker 3: More now too after that, three home game they let him Face a left he went deep off The Left et MATTHEW libertre who i don't think it'd.
Speaker 2: Given up a home run to a lefty. Yet this year, if he did it was like one. Of very few.
Speaker 3: Let this guy continue to face lefties now and see what, he can do because ultimately that's going to open things up a lot.
Speaker 2: More, for you also sneaky narrative, in This game the cardinals are not playing good bait. SMALL right, Now i mean i'm.
Speaker 1: Playing bad baseball but they just got off they all they had a terrible series And then.
Speaker 2: THIS cub series I mean THE cubs.
Speaker 3: Just i mean it was gonna take a cardinal shut sound like they're playing the entire Series. Right, against, pittsburgh, YEAH.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah i mean there's so forty eight. And forty two i'm not sounding. Any alarm bells there's still. A good team i just The reason why i'm focusing ON that and i want to bring it up is this team is like teetering on buy and sell just because you know him bloom is. Gonna take over it's almost like they want to, rebuild so bad like they want. To get there they want. To trade assets but, mozaelluc is like we can't. Do it yet we can't. Do it yet we might be good and, they are good but in the, next few weeks like This is gonna this is one of THE teams that i think is.
Speaker 2: Most fascinating come deadline.
Speaker 1: Because if they continue to falter and let's say they're five hundred, at the deadline we talked to out. They ain't buying if they stay right, where they are.
Speaker 2: They might buy so that's why they are a. Team to watch as we, APPROACHED the.
Speaker 1: Deadline i, agree all right Let's go Two rangers, versus padres again another series where the game first pitches At. Nine pm eastern so we don't, have it yet but we can't recap two. Of the games padres went three to two. And Ten innings, In game one rangers' only runs came to the third Inning is semiing rope to, two run double but It was all, padres From There as manny Machadohomward And then luisa ris tied the GAME with. An rbi single, In the tenth Cronworth sent the padres home happy with a, walk Off single And, randy, FRICKIN vasquez dude i mean the underlying numbers say go to the miners and the service, level level, numbers be like are you? Like a beast are? You really good and just every day or, every fifth day it's, another six inning, two run ball only. THREE hits allowed i don't know how, HE'S doing it. I really don't he just keeps it right off the sweet spot. Of the barrel it's just these cutters and he's just he finds that area where you're not.
Speaker 2: Gonna, square it up but you're gonna hit.
Speaker 1: It hard enough but. IT'S at somebody, i keep thinking when is it all? GONNA fall off i Mean.
Speaker 2: We're, in JULY yeah like i. Just MAY not.
Speaker 1: YEAH i am i am waiting for, AND you know i don't want to pray. In anybody's downfall it's, just, The numbers say and sometimes when a guy has this, much prolonged success he'll have one outing where it's, like two, winnings fourteen earned and then all of it comes back in. Like one start that's Kind of what I'm Envisioning, with randy vasquez and then the rest.
Speaker 2: Are just gonna. BE pretty, good i mean Let's Move to game two's just he's holding it.
Speaker 3: Down for now three walks in one k is just a keeps doing that, and it works. So WE'LL see but i gave up on trying to. Figure, IT out yeah i don't know. What's going, On game two rangers went.
Speaker 1: Seven To four josh smith opened the scoring with, a Solo Shot but corona worth did him one better in the second a two. Run home run rangers, came storming back Highlighted By a kyle hagashioka home RUN and an rbi hit in the next, inning for him and then a sack fly two Innings. LATER for haiggy a late Rally by the Padres wasn't as HAGGY added another rbi hit in the eighth for some breathing Room and freaking patrick corbyt. TALK about pictures I don't understand corbet six innings to earn his areas at four to, one.
Speaker 2: Eight incredible, incredible but again.
Speaker 1: This IS a series i don't really have takeaways on, BECAUSE it's, like I know the.
Speaker 2: PADRES are good i didn't. Learn, anything Though no.
Speaker 1: The rangers are, they have upside but they're just they just don't put. It together consistently AND that's what i felt like, in, the series right they could Have easily, won game. One they don't Then they, won game two and let's see what they do. In game three it's just it's kind of Some of the Royals. And the downbacks it's not.
Speaker 2: Like These teams the. Rangers Are disappointing. The Padres aren't BUT i'm just i, didn't learn? Anything? Did you.
Speaker 3: No not really it's THE main takeaway i have Is Just that luisa rise looks like he's eating up and They need a rise, to be, that you know three hundred, HITTER for them i think that would. Be quite huge so two Knocks. Then four knox we'll see what he Does in. That game, THREE but no i don't have any major takeaways one way or another really. In this Series but obviously game three could could change that.
Speaker 2: A little. Bit we'll, see all right Let's moves.
Speaker 1: Versus game one he's been. Eleven to two It's all over. Verland Or early brett BROOKER had an rbi Hit by the he ACTUALLY had two rbi hits by, the second Inning and Both Maximnsey and JAKE wilson. Recorded rbi doubles a's just continue to pile on the skin, was over quick highlighted by Home Runs from Nick Kurtz.
Speaker 2: And Denzel clark denzel clark went yard four hundred and. Seventy one feet shout out to three people who took him to hit the longest home Run.
Speaker 1: For THE friday Bet mgm. Long shot promo they split over thirty three. Thousand bontus, Bets that's incredible like Who Picked that sel Clark At that pro bowl and?
Speaker 2: They hit it? What a hit.
Speaker 1: What A hit brett wisey added a home Run for the giants, in the eighth but this game WAS Over because jp sears was Awesome and the giants. Struggles against left he's continue instead, Of Things two, logan web said get.
Speaker 2: On my back but the offense.
Speaker 1: Was Great too willie damas opened the scoring with a two run single and then added another Herd that. Was Romo's, homer logan webs it's two. Earned six punchies his area is down to two. Six to two this Version of logan web is so much fun To Watch because logan web in the pass like he's, Always been good he's, always, Been fantastic right but it's because he's rocking a sixty three percent. Ground ball rate he's skating by with a nineteen to twenty. Percent strikeout rate but he truly is a. Ground ball wizard, but this year still rocking a fifty five percent, ground ball rate but the strikeout rate has ballooned up to. Twenty seven percent he's putting those two things together and he's having the best season that. He has had and he's had great seasons. In the past it's been fun and it really it does.
Speaker 3: Elevate this team when you Can, TRUST logan web i mean you can, always trust him but when you can trust him to get some. WHIFF now too i think that is a huge wrinkle because, in THE playoffs like i want a guy that can get the big strikeout when. HE needs it i think that's a guy that he looks like now instead of, a GUY that again i still would trust, in BIG spots but i think someone that you, could see dominate just absolutely take over a game with the ability to get ground balls and. Swinging miss nowhurs before it was a little bit more. Ground ball heavy. It's really fun he's, still BALANCING that but i think with, the arsenal adjustment you're seeing the ground ball rate drop a little bit but still, fifty three percent and then the strikeout. Right way up this is a guy that could absolutely. Take over games he has. Been this year. He's been fantastic it's been, fun to watch and at twenty, eight years old it seems like he's just still finding things out about himself and his arsenal to just unlock a. Little bit more the OTHER thing that i think, has been huge and what's huge in this series For Them is willia domas continuing. To heat up last Thirteen games entering sunday hit three fifty six with a nine TO fifty six ops and THEN you have i think two of his last three games with three Hit. Contests before sunday we'll see how, he does then but it's been nice to see him, get going now a guy that obviously, they really need especially with the injuries that they, have going on to really just jolt them. A little bit i think it really enhances their Outlook If if wilia, damas is, playing you know at his capabilities or even.
Speaker 2: Close to it, to wrap up where are you Out? On THE giants because i know you're a hit or? Miss on, them you know. The biggest fan they are forty eight, and, forty two right but they've only won four of the.
Speaker 1: Last, Ten games right we'll see how. They play tonight where?
Speaker 3: ARE you at i still think, THEY need, HELP i offensively i do think, it tapers Off Especially with jung hulee hitting a bit. Of A wall wilmer flora is hitting a bit. OF a wall i think it's reasonable to wonder how much they're gonna mash the rest. Of The year pat bailey is close to a pitcher hitting for, You RIGHT now LIKE i just i Worry About after Elliott Ramos now willie domas, swinging it, well You know that devers is going. To get going, outside, of that like who are the guys that you can really trust.
Speaker 2: And lean on? All year.
Speaker 3: Long chapman's. Back chapman's. Back that helps, outside, OF that though i am a, Little BIT worried but i Think with a damas heating up here and the pitching performances, that they're getting they're going to hang. AROUND for SURE i just i think they need. To add, otherwise to me they're just, a you know eighty six win, team right now so it's kind of what they look.
Speaker 1: LIKE to me i understand where. You're coming from so that'll do it for This Episode Of The. Just baseball show hopefully, everybody enjoyed it and again the best way to sport rate and Review, Five Stars spotify apple, podcasts, and like subscribe comment on YouTube time episode tomorrow With arm and jack going Over All the all star rosters all, Of the snubs so be sure to check out That. Episode dropping tuesday That'll be. Our tuesday episode and then we got a lot of things planning.
Speaker 2: For You Guys. All star weekend we're Gonna. Be at atlanta it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Such a blast we'll have more information on all of That, For Arm Lighton. I'm peter apple hopefully everybody Had a Great fourth. Of july weekend we're gonna fill up your week schedule with baseball talk, and with that.
Speaker 2: Thank you everybody