Speaker 1: Ay Is Brick and Jeffrey and this is your brand new Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for being here.
Speaker 1: And yesterday's Awkward Tuesday was really a lesson on why you should never hire your friends. Did it actually turned out great for him? He wasn't doing the job, but then somehow got promoted above her.
Speaker 2: Whatever he's doing, he's doing it right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully she'll take the time to figure out that she is happy for him in the end.
Speaker 2: But we definitely got some comments on the situation Alexis.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, someone said in all caps, we need an update from that awkward Tuesday, you.
Speaker 2: Know what happens to her? And someone else said, I love awkward Tuesdays.
Speaker 3: Please consider doing awkward Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays.
Speaker 2: I need one more awkward day in the week. Oh man, god, that would be a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then a lot of other comments saying why is she happy for her best friend? And then other people saying, wait, what kind of company promotes a guy that sounds like he never shows up.
Speaker 4: One person that said, hey, I hired my best friend as my manager and I work with my husband is my boss.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I was like, She's like, it's great, but I was for now.
Speaker 2: For now, it's a very very tight knit. Yeah, you gotta be careful with that one. It's a careful balance then, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, we always love reading your comments, So thank you so much for being.
Speaker 2: Here and for participating and for subscribing. We love that too. We're going to start your brand new second date right now.
Speaker 4: Second Date update. We've been doing second date updates on our show for what now over ten years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no longer.
Speaker 1: Like one hundred years, fifty yeah, seventy five.
Speaker 4: Somewhere around there. And it's interesting because when we first started, we found it so weird that more and more people were meeting strangers from online, and now we find it odd that more and more people are choosing to go back to meeting up in person again. Yeah, who wants to do that?
Speaker 2: It's so weird. We've kind of come full circle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. I met her at a bar and we're like, was it scary? Yeah, exactly how I'm feeling about today's listener who reached out to us Mia, she needs our help. Mia, What were you thinking meeting a guy in person? I must have been terrifying for you.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it was at a friends housewarming party, so you know if there were a bunch of people there.
Speaker 1: So you didn't you didn't scream and run until thirty minutes into.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, I mean he might be the one who screamed and ran. I'm pulling into him.
Speaker 4: Okay, you met him at a house party. You had mutual friends there. Clearly what's the guy's name?
Speaker 5: Uh, Owen is his name?
Speaker 2: Can I ask real quick?
Speaker 1: Was this like a mutual setup type of stitch?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I mean she certainly didn't say anything to me if it was Okay, stay with me because it sounds a little nerdy. But he was dominating charades.
Speaker 6: Yes, that word when you say house party, I was picturing like beer paul games like that.
Speaker 2: The game fish Bowls so popular.
Speaker 1: I've had every party with my friend. You could drink fish Bowls at the same time you play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a bit of alcohol going around for sure.
Speaker 4: So tell us about the connection that you and Owen like had that happen.
Speaker 5: Well. I went up to him afterwards and was just like, Wow, that was pretty impressive. You're really great at that, and like I'm a terrible mime, and so I was like, wow, you know, and then the very next day he reached out to me through our mutual friend Julia. He got got my number through her, I know, yay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he took an extra step to even make it happen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he took initiative and we were just sort of texting kind of casually back and forth, but pretty quickly he turned it into a date. He was like, let's go to this retro arcade bade.
Speaker 2: They serve drinks there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a bar, but then there's like you know, old video games and there's like pinball and stuff.
Speaker 2: What was it like between you YouTube? And it was just one on one.
Speaker 5: I thought it was really good. I mean we met there, but he had dressed up. You know, he looked really great and that's.
Speaker 4: Kind of cute to the bar the arcade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean dressed up?
Speaker 5: Did I get a tuxedo or no? Not like touch but like I don't know, just like it puts some karendu it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the fact that he has pants on, that's a big win or a.
Speaker 2: Big loss, depending on what kind of date you're true.
Speaker 4: If it's going that well, you might want them off.
Speaker 5: So her first date, I'll take the pants.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, fair, fair, So I mean, what were the highlights or low lights? Like paint the picture for us?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm really good at pinball, so it meant that I kind of got to show off that time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh is this really a flex?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a flipper queen.
Speaker 5: She was.
Speaker 4: I don't know, he took over the high score? Is that where we're at where we're looking for in a in a significant other.
Speaker 1: I just think anytime someone can nerd out about something that they're excited about is a positive passion. Is he rooting you on at the pinball machine?
Speaker 5: Totally? Yeah? And it's just really fun. He had that same kind of energy as the first night that I've seen him. Am just being really funny and really upbeed. And he shows me this picture of himself from high school that a friend had sent to him, and I'm like, oh, yeah, you know he's kind of dorky then, but he goes, no, no, no, look over there, the bartender has my same haircut. That's awesome. You know, you can kind of just like poke fun at himself.
Speaker 1: And I thought, you got bartender in the photo and I'm like, I'm sorry, bartender in the arcade.
Speaker 2: Has the same photo.
Speaker 1: It has the same haircut as him in high school.
Speaker 2: I thought the picture, I get it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you both went over to the bartender and gave him a wedgie.
Speaker 5: There was a nice kiss at my cars I was leaving good. Yeah, I mean it seems like a really good date. Like there there's no reflect but that was six days ago. He didn't ghost me, but he's not initiating any conversation, and he's like one word responses like I'm like, hey, how was your days? Like good?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, that feels so bad. Sometimes I'm like I just wish they just leave you alone. Then yeah, you know, like why why even write the one word?
Speaker 4: I mean, sometimes I'll.
Speaker 6: Say that, but then I'll follow it if I'm really busy with being like good and then be like sorry, it's short text.
Speaker 4: I'm really busy. Like we'll talk to you know, like just a clarify because it does feel kind of mia, What did you think he meant by good?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm distiggering. He doesn't want to hear from me, but he's not ghosting me because we have this mutual friend. I asked her about it, and she's like, oh, he didn't see anything to me, because you guys are going to see.
Speaker 4: Each other maybe, so all right, the vibe that he's kind of politely trying to avoid you now, so we need to figure out what's really going on.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna let that happen. Well no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Answer though that's his answer, like, oh, I'm not interested. No, We're gonna make fun of him for that answer.
Speaker 1: That haircut he had in high school exactly.
Speaker 4: We're gonna bully him into a second date with you, whether he wants it or not. When we come back, call him and get you your second date update.
Speaker 5: Go get him.
Speaker 4: We'll do it next second date update. Every man knows if a woman tells you it's fine. Yeah, things are not fine at all. So when our listener Mia texted her date Owen, asking how his day was going, and he replied good, she knew instantly yikes. Good, that's bad, right, Mia? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm laughing because every single person in the room is totally following along. The girls are like, yeah, that's right, that's true.
Speaker 2: Doesn't everyone agree with that?
Speaker 1: I mean even I have to agree, but come on, that's a little better than fine.
Speaker 2: Though, there's hope.
Speaker 4: It's just it's weird because your arcade date, the way you described it to us sounded like it went just fine. Like I would go as far to say it went good. But maybe that's bad.
Speaker 1: I don't know it went great because there was a kiss at the end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is undeniably, But who knows what words mean anymore. So it's safer to just call Owen and ask for his thoughts directly on it.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes you got to read between the lines. Jeff. It's not just black and white all the time.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see what you're saying. I'm reading in between the lines of that sentence. Right, should you be? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Want you this message.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to do other than just dial Owen's number and pray that he answers. Okay, Nia, good luck to us on this.
Speaker 5: Good luck to you. What about me?
Speaker 2: It's more about her than than you or me.
Speaker 4: You have to read between the lines of what I said.
Speaker 2: To take literally.
Speaker 4: I only wanted to mention it. You know what, It's fine. I'm just gonna out to the number. Here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Owen?
Speaker 7: Yes, Zone, who is this hey man?
Speaker 4: Thanks for answering. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Owen, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: How's it going, Owen, I'm saving that one.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good clever.
Speaker 4: Owing you there?
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, I just what's going on?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Hey man? So, yeah, this is it's a segment we do. It's called a second Date Update.
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're familiar with it.
Speaker 7: But I'm not familiar with it now.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, just to clue you in, it's basically where we help out our listeners. If they've gone out with somebody on a date recently and they're not getting a call back for a second meet up, they come to us to try and reach out and figure out if there's a reason why.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: And so we heard through the grapevine that you are really good at charades.
Speaker 1: Oh, which it is so disappointing this is a radio show because there's no way for us to tell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can't you prove it.
Speaker 7: So where about trades now, I'm sorry, it's still pretty random.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I know that's a little bit of a deep cut. But we heard that from Mia, the girl that you went on a date with after the housewarming party you met her at?
Speaker 2: Did you like Mia? Do you guys have a good time?
Speaker 7: The date was pretty good. But a few days later I did look her up on social media?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yeah, that's very normals. How does that change things?
Speaker 7: Look, I don't know if I'm comfortable telling you guys.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's on social media. It's obviously not something she's trying to hide.
Speaker 2: What did you see, like a.
Speaker 4: Picture or a post?
Speaker 7: Okay, I guess I'll just tell you guys. So she was in like a wedding dress, doing like wedding things, doing what wedding things? I mean I didn't see her like with a groom or anything, but she was there in the wedding dress.
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 4: And so how are you're reading that? As she's obviously married.
Speaker 6: You don't just put on a wedding dress usually, well, modeling people.
Speaker 4: Do wedding dress Wednesdays at the office, we do that, some wedding dress Wednesday. Why was that to hold Jeff's vail? How are you reading that? Owen?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure exactly how to read it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's so weird?
Speaker 2: Like you are you think about it?
Speaker 1: Ohen you got her phone number? From your guys's mutual friend, Like, why wouldn't your mutual friend have given you a heads up if she was married?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no chance.
Speaker 7: I did speak to our mutual friend and she's only known her for a few months. So okay, he doesn't know about it. I mean, I don't know if that means it did or didn't happen. We're not sure.
Speaker 2: Well, you can't write her off.
Speaker 1: You got to just ask her.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't really want to be a part of any kind of drama. I mean, if she got married, I mean, if it's new or old, it's just not something I don't think I'm going to be into.
Speaker 1: But you don't know what it is yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the good news is these second date calls usually very low drama. And we can prove that to you by introducing you to Mia on the other line of this call, who's been quietly listening the entire time.
Speaker 7: Oh and why is she on the phone.
Speaker 4: Well that's kind of how we make this segment work, is briving them quietly listening to hear the reason they're not getting called back.
Speaker 7: But you need to tell me stuff that if I'm going to say stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Well, that's going to make it more dramatic. I'm trying to give it low drama on the line, Brar.
Speaker 2: It's on her social media. She knows it's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could have said much worse.
Speaker 2: Yes, now she has a chance.
Speaker 4: To explain, So go ahead and me a jump in. And what's the deal with your wedding dress picture that you have online?
Speaker 5: Okay, I did do a photo shoot in a wedding dress.
Speaker 4: Why why what's the point of that.
Speaker 1: She's like, it was for a wedding that I was but you know, a wedding, yes, but I'm not married.
Speaker 5: It was sort of a wedding without a groom, you know, like I want to get married sometime. I love love. And my friend was like, look, you have been wanting this for so long and you're not doing anything about it. You need to do more to manifest it in the world, you know, to like put the desire out there. So I just did this little wedding and a photo shoot, had a little party, like we cut cake, I dance with my dad. I mean, yeah, it's like I wanted to party and I wanted to like just put it out into the world that I'm ready for that's I mean, what is Owen?
Speaker 4: Okay? Yeah? Oh, and that's not weird right herself?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that's pretty weird.
Speaker 4: Really, I mean I'm not conventional, that's for sure. Yeah, sure, but weird.
Speaker 6: I mean she's infesting, right, they always say like boards and stuff.
Speaker 4: Look, it seems like you're a little bit on the fence about this. Where is your head?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean I could see both sides, Like it's a lot to give any other single person all at once.
Speaker 3: I think you need to edit the caps on that photo to say I am not married, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that helps.
Speaker 4: My future wedding.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Owen, where are you at with this?
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know. I mean, like you said, the guy or guys that you're gonna date, you're gonna see this. So that could put a lot of pressure on a person.
Speaker 4: Okay, clearly we need to get you into a tuxedo and have you slow dance with your mom for you to really understand what's going on here.
Speaker 5: I just feel like my doing this means I got the party, so it actually takes the pressure off of any guy that I'm dating.
Speaker 4: Sure, nodding, see if you ever get married doesn't even count.
Speaker 2: Then, Hey, second weddings count. People have second wedding.
Speaker 4: Do you divorce yourself then and then start over. It's not a legal marriage, Jose, don't have to worry about all the minutia. It's okay. The bottom line we're trying to figure out is fake wedding pictures aside. Do you feel like you have a connection with each other?
Speaker 1: You guys sounded so cute together, like you bonded, You had great you had great chemistry.
Speaker 4: You got to the bottom of this really quickly, good first kiss, And if any of that is true, then it's worth pursuing another date, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 7: I gotta be honest with you. I don't think this is going to work out between us, and I'm just gonna bow out.
Speaker 1: Ah, he's got cold feet.
Speaker 4: Owen, she's good at pinball. You can't forget that.
Speaker 7: She's actually great at pinball. And I wish you would have posted that on social media.
Speaker 4: But she still can. If you're willing to give her a shot, she'll just be in a wedding dress.
Speaker 5: Oh and I had a really fun time on our date. I thought we had a really good connection. And I just don't know why this feels so weird because I want to be married and that's not that unusual.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, the picture is a little bit unusual, especially the photo of you dancing with your dad and cutting the wedding cake and throwing the bouquet.
Speaker 1: I bet you had a lot of likes, so that's true. My wedding photo has got me so many likes.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should take something.
Speaker 4: But all in I mean, this is the last time I'll ask, will you give me one more chance? It sounds like you're asking give me. I'm down on one knee. Will cakena to be your lawfully wedded date date for one night? One more night, and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 7: I hate to say it again, but but just no.
Speaker 5: Well I don't have to wonder anymore. So thank you.
Speaker 1: You maybe make your social media private and that way you can explain it before people see it.
Speaker 5: Mikeelan to put it out in the universe. It's not to be private. It's going to be out there public for everybody to see. And maybe that's my screening mechanism. If a guy can't handle it, then not right for me.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Her new handle is when Mia gets married.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for the next twenty years of dating me. Yeah, Jeffrey in the morning, Man, I don't I don't know if I can do these much longer. Why I get too invested, So when they say no, I feel like I'm getting rejected.
Speaker 6: For a second, Yeah, I do kind of feel like she should have got a date or she should still.
Speaker 1: I can also understand his side, though.
Speaker 2: It's a lot to see that.
Speaker 1: Like if I saw a dude in a tux pretending to have a wedding on Instagram after I went out with them, it'd be hard for me.
Speaker 4: But it is a bummer because me I was and I'm going to actually use Brooks words here. She was just being her authentic self. Yeah, she said, I'm not going to hide my real ambitions. I'm just gonna put it out into the universe and see what comes back to me.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, but I didn't never use those words.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you've used those words at some point. Yeah, we'll edit it together. Yeah, And I just really hope that Mia finds love and stays far far away from our show as long as possible, because I can't take any more rejection. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: So wow, you're so fragile.
Speaker 6: Remember, he finds a guy who just has a tux in his picture.
Speaker 4: That would be great, Do it on somebody else's show. Remember you can listen to all of our second Date updates wherever you get your podcasts, on Apple, on Spotify, We even have them up on YouTube. Join in the millions who listen each month just by searching Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.