Speaker 1: And welcome into another episode of Tiger Territory, part of the Foul Territory Network, the Troy Tiger's Podcast. I'm Kieren Steckley with me as always a man who puts the vet in corvette.
Speaker 2: He is Cody Stavenhagen, and how are we doing?
Speaker 3: All right? It was always more of a Mustang guy, but that's all right too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't have to get into those wars here. Well, so we're recording this early Sunday evening. Obviously, the Tigers end up with a split against the Kansas City Royals after a couple disappointing one run losses late leads given up by the bullpen.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, felt a little repetitive there on Saturday and Sunday. But we'll break it all down, and I guess the place to start, in my opinion, Cody is just like, how what's the vibe right now? Because this this had to feel like I mean, it was like an opportunity and a lot of ways they still did like kind of gain some ground, get a little bit of momentum, but this was an opportunity to really kind of accelerate forward. And I think when you split against Kansas City and especially when you give up leads late and back to back games, it's hard for me to say that this was an acceleration forward, even if like it.
Speaker 2: You know, those numbers.
Speaker 1: Say that you're three and a half back or whatever in the wildcard and like everything's still kind of in front of you, but it doesn't feel as close as it really potentially should have been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Tigers are fortunate they actually didn't lose ground in the wild card standings this weekend, but disappointing is certainly the word that comes to mind. You're playing a Royals team without Bobby, with a team that's just pretty depleted right now, and you had the lead in both games and you coughed the lead away. You didn't really hit all that well Saturday or Sunday. You have four runs to show for it. Sunday thinks in large parts of some help from the Royals in the field. So it feels like an opportunity missed when you're in this juncture and every game matters and all these things we've been saying for a long time now, like this feels like a series you certainly would like to win. You're splitting with the Royals and you kind of come away. Yeah, you didn't lose ground in the wild card, but you didn't gain ground either. And there are only what seven games left until the trade deadline? Six? I don't know. I keeps losing count myself. I think we're nearing some clarity. Unless you win all those games or lose all those games, I don't think a lot is going to change. So I think maybe we should kind of drop consider dropping the narrative of like, well, what the front office does will be dictated by these next few games. If you really step back and think about it, I think the Tigers operate like in a way that's disciplined and for better or worse, like far too complex of a way to let their whole future be determined by whether they're four games back or two games back, you know, Like, I think things are becoming pretty solid in that this is kind of where you're at. You're likely to enter the deadline playing pretty well, having some some momentum, but slightly on the outside looking at And so what does that mean? Hard to say. We see the reports, we know what's out there. It certainly seems like the team has some interest in the thread, the needle idea and given where they're at. As much as personally I don't love that approach, it kind of does make some sense, you know, not a lot of tangible information. I haven't heard a lot, but you're starting to hear a little more chatters, a little more whispers and and I We'll see what happens in the next handful of days. But I wonder if that's all kind of starting to be the picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's that's a good way to put it. And like, one of the things that we used to do a lot on this podcast was the whole like aren't the Tigers good thing? You know, and and and and this really this season is probably a perfect one to kind of bring it back.
Speaker 3: And I.
Speaker 1: You know, because I said after Friday's game, I was like, good team, you know, like and and I got a lot of I got a lot of pushback on that, and and look, that's fine. I understand like having watched this season, uh, you know, people feeling any type of way about this team.
Speaker 2: Uh, but I still maintain good team. Good enough. It does.
Speaker 1: It's hard for me to be like in the prisoner of the moment right now, but it's hard for me to be like I don't know, probably not good enough to get all the way there when you are putting out there Kyle Finn again and Drew Summers and they're blowing leads and and you know, and funny enough, we talked about is that's the kind of the core? Well, the cores was played out again and uh and the Tigers were not able to to hold leads.
Speaker 2: H Kyle Finnegan five point four oh e ra.
Speaker 1: In July, Cody we talked about he felt like a a regression candidate and uh, like what was like the worst looking two point something e ra in baseball And and we're and we're kind of getting yeah, and then and then Somers he's gotten some high leverage like opportunities of late like and this is AJ saying, you know, take here, you know, take it, and sorry for me to say that he has passed that test as well. So, uh, at a certain point you kind of look around, like if you're a j if you're Scott or you know, if you're a player on the team, and you kind of think like this does this weekend did kind of feel like it is what it is weekend? And maybe that's maybe maybe that's the new line Cody. That is what it is, Tigs. It's not that sexy, but it kind of feels appropriate.
Speaker 3: Let's say j been saying that Tigers are a good team with a bad record. I think they're a good team with a bad record and a bad back end of the bullpen. The stat on our screen sums it up. Man, it's pretty striking. Twenty three blown saves, twenty one saves. You have blown more saves than you have saved games this year. That is not a good recipe to contend whether before the playoffs. Are certainly not to win and make a run deep in the postseason. Yeah, the Tigers are ninth overall in bullpen era, but twenty ninth in win probability, added twenty ninth in their performance and leverage situations. You just like it's repeating the same thing at this point, but you just do not have a great ability to navigate the back into games. Aj Hinch does not have good enough options. And maybe again that's why the thread the needle thing could make sense. There's a world where you trade Scooble because it just is the right thing to do for your future if you get fair offers. But you could still add some bullpen helps still maybe keep the core of this thing together and hope you can get in the playoffs and see what happens and then set yourself up well for next year. Again, I don't know if that's what I would do if it were me, but that approach does make some sense. If you're going to not wave the white flag on this season, I think you got to get some bullpen help. We'll see what that maybe ends up looking like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like I tend not to get into the waters of like the Tigers need, like you know, swing and miss relievers, because it's so apparent.
Speaker 2: It's so apparent.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I'm not disagreeing with the notion, obviously, but it's also like that's a thing that almost every single team wants and would be and every contender would be looking for at the trade deadline. And so therefore, like as much as you would say this is a huge need, I'm not sure that I would love the cost of getting a true difference maker in the back end of the bullpen. Given like, even if you do a Trek Skoogle and you do the thread to needle thing, it's probably not gonna be a good ROI and you talked about with the with the front office, like looking at things, you know, analytically, and you know, try to make sound that.
Speaker 3: It just Yeah, Scott Harris probably agrees with you. I mean, we saw what happened last year, and again, if you want to criticize this front office, it's both last year at the deadline and all this season. They just have not constructed a good bullpen, a power bullpen, a bullpen that can get swing and miss and it's been one of their their fatal flaws dating to last year. But you're right. If they didn't add really high octane bullpen help last year, they're probably not going to do it this year. I mean, I think I would still want to target someone who can go out and miss bats. Is there someone on this between Rafael Montero and a worldist Chapman that you can target. They're not going to go get a dude a horse, but can you bring in someone with some interesting stuff who maybe can help you a little bit. The other question, also a right, is like if you're not if you're gonna trade Schooble and you're not really going for it, there's someone controllable you can get, well to get someone controllable, you're gonna have to trade a prospect hall. I don't think Scott Harris wants to trade valuable assets for for relief pitching. Although these guys see what Jim Jarvis is doing with the Braves for Raffael Montero, So that's really interesting. That's one of a million really interesting dynamics with the trade deadline. You guys probably seen all the luxury tax stuff, and I think that has to be a very real consideration for the Tigers. Again, Scooble is kind of the difference making guy that it's like, maybe you just have to trade him to me. I think maybe the most fascinating thing is becoming case he mice because he's kind of like he could get you a pretty good return, but maybe not a franchise altering return. Maybe you could keep him and if you can get that qualifying offer after the first round, is that you know, are you content with that or are you not? Myz is I think even less black and white than maybe what you do with Scooball. So yeah, there's a lot going on. And that's another thing. If the Tigers already do the thread the needle type deal, you have to kind of have multiple moves all lined up, you know, and that's not very easy to do. There are some potential really big pitfalls for the Tigers front office, especially given Scott Harris's reputation across the league, where that could go badly if not everything falls into place exactly how you want it. So yeah, man, it's you're gonna have a lot of action in the week ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, like like one of the things that I say all the time, especially and related to you know, like Saturday's game, where you know, you only score two runs, It's like, well, you know, you can't expect to win that many games alreadys scoring two runs. So as much as the bullpen stuff frustrates me, like how you got there frustrates me probably more, And I think the same could be said about the current construction of this roster and all these things that you just laid out that are like their level levers that need to be pulled now, all basically at the same time. Whereas how you got here is probably a bigger deal that you are forced yourself.
Speaker 2: Into this corner.
Speaker 1: And that's and that's on the front office, and they know a lot of things that they tried obviously did not work. That's why we're sitting here talking about.
Speaker 2: A team that is fifty and fifty six.
Speaker 1: All right, speaking of Terrek schoobol Cody, I want to tell you guys that I am looking for the best deal on tickets to Wednesday's game, which might be Schoobl's last start at CA America Park. Which is why I want to give the sponsor of today's video, sea Geek, a huge shout out. With over thirty five million downloads, see geek is the number one rated ticketing app. There are more than seventy thousand events listed on seakeek, including concert, sports.
Speaker 2: Festivals, and more.
Speaker 1: We got trade deadline season, postseason coming up in Major League Baseball NFL season right around the corner. Now that Lebron James is signed, I expect the NBA schedule to be out, NHL schedule is out, and with seakeek being MLB's official ticketing marketplace, your tickets are fully guaranteed and instantly fulfilling your account after purchase. I love using sea Geek. I love how they tell you what a good deal is because they have your back. Each ticket is raided on a scale of one to ten, so you know you're getting a good deal. So look for the green dots. Green means good, red means bad. Plus every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee. And of course I got a deal for you guys. You can use code territory ten for ten percent off any MLB.
Speaker 2: Tickets with Seakeek. That is code territory ten.
Speaker 1: Make sure you click the link in the description and download the app and have the code automatically add it to your account.
Speaker 2: So you can use it later. Make you seekeek.
Speaker 1: All right, Cody, Well, I'm glad that Trek Schooble. You know it looks like he's going to be starting Wednesday at America Park, because look, if it is his last start, we'll obviously be having planning to talk about. But it just would have been kind of funky if his last start was Friday night where in the orange alternate with the Cooper's down hat, it just would have been funky. That was gonna be like our last like instance of seeing Schooble in a Home Tigers uniform. Obviously that looks like that will not be the case. But it even though it looks funky, it was kind of classic Schoobl there on Friday, seven point one innings. It gets into the eighth obviously, one earned run, four hits, twelve K's a couple of walks in there, but he kind of that game that every single concern if you were in the level of concern with Trek Schougle, like everything just kind of kicked out for a night.
Speaker 2: It was pretty special to watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Terrek Schougle was really good. It was it was vintage schoobl His last two outings have been pretty lights out, Like I thought, he's, yeah, he's all right, he's fine, he's good to go. Any even you know, other teams that might have had any doubts, I think he has certainly answered those with what he has done the last two outings.
Speaker 1: So, given everything that we've we've talked about, I have a new Tark Schoogl trade uh percentage, and I have it. I have fifty three Ark Schoogle will be traded and Wednesday could be his last game in ch America. Part But uh, like I guess now that we're steamrolling toward the deadline, Uh, does that is there a gravitational pull to the Schoogle situation right now? Given that, like the finality of it is kinda is kind of getting closer. Does it feel like that even just like around the team or just like you know, the way he talks. I know he does a good job. It's like, I'm not going to get into that, you know, blah blah blah. But you know, it's a question being asked.
Speaker 3: Everything obviously got into a lot, uh in the in the past few days. Been a pretty exhausting week. I even got criticized on ninety seven to one A little bit, baby, That's that's how you know you've made it right? Yeah? Yeah, I mean you know, he was asked, you want to be here next year? He said, I'm focused on this year. So again, I don't really know what you expect him to say some that may upset some people. It is interesting, you know that. I think there's a certain level of Schooble fatigue. People have maybe gotten tired of them, or don't like them anymore or whatever. I think Schoobl's ready for this to be over one way or another. I think I'm ready for this to be one, you know, over one way or another. I think a lot of people probably feel that way. But one of the interesting kind of downstream effects. Do you think about it. Let's say the tight Yeers do do the thread the needle thing, they trade Schooble, but maybe no one else. Maybe they add a little bit. How will the clubhouse respond to that? IM not so sure. In a way, it's kind of this thing being taken out of the room. I don't know. Maybe that could be good, even though from what I understand, school very popular teammate, one of the kind of leaders of this club. But also you take that dude out, Like, how does that make the other players feel? Like? I don't know, I think that could have a bad impact. Even if the Tigers aren't surrendering, it could still feel like a surrender in that room, I think if the front office were to move Schoogle. So that is certainly something to be cognizant of. You guys probably saw the Bob Nightingale report. You know, the Tigers are interested in trying to convince both their players and fans that they're not surrendering. And like, if you have to convince someone you're not surrendering, then that's that's probably not a great spot to be in. So that's one of the many factors kind of swirling right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look like everyone is entitled to their own perspective on that front office coaching players like I do think like there is something to like get portraying the right message of a Schooble trade does happen, and saying like, hey, look there's still all this in front of us, like we you know, this is just something that you know had to be done, but you can't also so sell them on you put your best foot forward if you trade Schooble like that, just that just it's blatantly false to to to say that, and they would know that, but I would, I would. I would also tell like the tough love piece of this is because it's like, hey, you you're hitting two hundred.
Speaker 2: That's why we're traded.
Speaker 1: Tech Schooble, because like we we are, we are we we are Like you know, however many games below five hundred at that time, you know what I mean, Like there's an in there's an inward aspectist that they would have to feel. Uh, in my opinion, uh as like you obviously have failed by this point because you know, like you're not good enough to keep the best picture in baseball from a from a front office perspective.
Speaker 3: I would love to see someone deliver that exact message. List of all these guys, why we just traded Schooble. It's your fault. It's your fault, it's your fault, and it's your fault. That probably wouldn't go over too well you.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, but.
Speaker 3: But it might not be wrong.
Speaker 1: Also but they but they would also have to know that too, Like you have to know that like we, like I haven't done enough to like put this team forward, you know what I mean, the guys that are struggled and and you know, believe me, there's.
Speaker 2: Quite a few.
Speaker 1: Uh so, so yeah, Wednesday, I'm sure will be It will be strange. It will be strange, Cody, because that's a day game, so obviously, you know, vives are different than a night game or whatever. And like, could Schoolbul's last start be at America Park, as I remember the Tigers be in front of a fraction of the crowd that normally is associated with Schooble days, You.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean? That almost that almost doesn't seem right, you.
Speaker 3: Know, liked game. If it's the last one that would be, I would be unfortunate. That would kind of add to the the I don't even know what the word is, just the awkwardness around this, this whole thing. If if it were to be the end, it's kind of a weird. Yeah, it would be a weird.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be It would feel you, you know, feeling make you feel longing and and you know that's another thing too with this team is that they just kind of make you feel longing for like it just just don't unnecessarily go to third base, you know, just just feel the ground ball, you know what I mean, Just just don't just just you know, just lay off, lay off the breaking ball out low and outside, you know what I mean. Just it's like, ah, because I know, I know it's in there, and and I do believe it is a good team with a bad record and a horrendous back end bullpen at times. But this felt like a settling weekend to me. And I guess that's kind of why I like, it's like affecting my mood a little bit.
Speaker 3: But we'll see that. You know, his momentum a real thing in baseball or not. You know, the Orioles are coming in, they're playing a lot better, but the Tigers are going to roll out Cater Montero and Troy Melton and Trek Scouble. So if they sweep art, is the mood back up? Like I don't know. Yeah, well, and that's kind of one of the things, like I think the front off is, especially this front off has to remove itself, removes or does remove itself from kind of those ebbs and flows that the players feel and that the fans feel, and that that we kind of go through as well. Their job is not really to get caught up in that. Their job is to kind of look at it more from from thirty thousand feet and so that just reinforces I'm not sure what happens in the Orioles series is actually going to impact their decision. I do think this past weekend might have been where you kind of have to draw that line and say, all right, this is our situation. We got to figure out how to proceed.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Now, now you talk about this, it's like they have to know exactly the kind of framework that they would accept for a Schoogle trade right there. It's like it's got it's gotta check. They've got to check these boxes, right.
Speaker 3: And I would say there is some value in them pretending that they're they have not completely you know, conceded that they're going to trade Schoogle.
Speaker 1: They better have like a like and it's and it's going to be specific to each team that they you know that figure would be interested. But they they have to play it close to the vest because they don't want it out there, like you said that they're like engaged in conversations or whatever, because it will leak probably not from the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's already happening a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Yankees are gonna love to tell their fans that they're like in the tear schoobl sweepstakes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers are gonna love the villain arc of saying like yeah, you know, you know you could you go get school.
Speaker 2: You know, those kinds of things.
Speaker 1: So like this could be a very quick developing trade whenever it does happen, because I do think in addition to just you want to take it to the last second, they don't want to engage and tip their hand into the last second, and so like they they they better have their formulas all ready to go just to kind of enter in you know, the players and their stats and be like, oh, yep, that's a good trade because it's gonna happen really fast in my finion, maybe right.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to a break Cody.
Speaker 1: Then after that we'll talk about Labor Tourres Little Labor Torres action, the guy that kind of needs to get going here a little bit.
Speaker 2: But first award from our sponsors.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by FanDuel Baseball fans. Think you know who's hitting a homer today, Well, FanDuel is giving you a free chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. You've got nothing to lose in a lot to gain, and don't forget you can make a free pick every day all season long. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home for home runs. So are you ready to play your game today? Join all the action at FanDuel dot com slash podcast that's FanDuel dot com slash podcast to play Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer. Playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel an official partner of Major League Baseball twenty one plus select states for Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC can tell Wyoming no purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued is non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager romount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler call one eight hundred my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, visit MD gambling heelp dot org, Maryland visit gambling Helpline MA dot org. Call eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero, Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and why text hope and why New York call one eight seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven Louisiana.
Speaker 2: All right, coming back here, you know it.
Speaker 1: It's obviously never a great time to get injured, right, But looking at some of the glabor tors his numbers when he had his second oblique injury of the season, you know, in the month of June. Cody so his last game was the fifteenth of June. In the month of June, he was hitting three forty one, like like for the month, for the month, obviously not for the whole year, but for the month he was hitting three forty one. And since he's come back, he had the two hits in his first game back, but only two cents. And so like it's a you know, one ninety ballion average. I know, it's only a week's worth of games, but like, this is somebody who like all those great things that we talk about with Glaber Torres, like it's absent right now and and and and it's felt and you know, we talk about urgency. Kind of need to get going here because like you you, what you do impacts winning, and you're not bringing it right now. But I will say this, he does kick the crap out of sinkers. Cody of five ninety five slug against singers four run value and Kyle Bradish loves the sinker forty one percent to right handed hitters. So maybe maybe maybe Monday's a launching pad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, write that one down. That's a good stat Yeah. Gliber just still looks a little bit rusty to me, to be honest. I mean, we've seen like the day just fair like. I think they're kind of trying to ease him back into this thing, so he hasn't quite looked right. The bat speed just at least feels a little bit slow right now, and that's an interesting thing. Hovey Bias is nearing a return, and asking aj Hinch about Hovey, it was like he mentioned Glaber. He's like, well, you know, we we love to have him back. Hovey probably is ready to be back asap, but you have to make sure the hamstrings are good and the obliques are good and like that you're all the way back in playing shape. And he pointed to Glaber as an example of that. So, yeah, look, Labor is a professional hitter, all right. I'm not too worried about him, but yeah, sure there's urgency. And he's a fascinating player. In the trade discussion too, we haven't really talked about that a ton with him, but another guy on an expiring deal. Right handed bats are at a real premium right now, and you could argue a right handed bat remains one of the Tigers needs. I don't know that they're going to really be able to get one if they're doing the thread the needle things. There not a lot of great options out there, and it seems like the prices are already really high if you look at the Red Sox Nationals trade that went down, so Glaber could have a lot of value to some other teams. At the same time, he's one of the most valuable players on the Tigers. When he's going right, their order just has a much different feel to it. We'll see if he can get going right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, does Lee play into that at all? His play of late eleven games streak? You know, it just seems like every every time you look, Lee's doing something you like.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, that's an interesting thing too. I mean I don't yeah, because you still want how You Lee in this lineup. We talked about that, right, you want this kid playing He's he's crushing it. I remain I want to acknowledge what how You Lee has done again, like been really impressive, been that kind of surprise the Tigers have needed. I'm a little skeptical what it's looking like going forward. You look at the advanced stats right now, they're really not great. Still a lot of whiff and that's always been one of the biggest concerns both chase and end zone with he's not walking right now. He did walk more in the minor leagues, so I think that's encouraging. He was his whole thing was kind of exit vlo and being able to barrel up the ball. He actually hasn't done that at quite the rate you would want, despite his pretty clear success results wise, He's going to start getting pitched a lot harder. I think opposing teams are going to really start trying to get him to chase more. We saw him chase above the zone with really good success on Saturday, but you know, is he going to start seeing everything above or spin below. That's a recipe that can trick a lot of guys as they make their adjustment to the big leagues. I think how you Lee is about to have to be able to make an adjustment, and that will maybe give us a much better idea of kind of how much this is for real. But you're right what he's done lately. If the Tigers were to trade Gliber Toerez, you might not feel terrible about it because you would have someone who has at least at least proved their metal a little bit in how you lead to take over that playing time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's my dad's favorite players. I loved him from the first time I saw him play and we were watching the game on Saturday. He was getting up to uh to go to the bathroom. He came back in right after the home run.
Speaker 2: He's like, who hit the home run? I was like, your boy, your boy did it again.
Speaker 3: He's pulling the ball. Now, he's pulling fastballs. He's he's doing a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough play there, fielding, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's never going to be pretty. But again, the Tigers always think he's grated out better than he has looked. So take that for what it's worth.
Speaker 2: Do we have an idea of what the roster move would be with Hovey.
Speaker 3: And add that to the long list of mysteries. Kerry Carpenter came out of Sunday's game this heel injury. He's still nagging at him. He's going to get evaluated. So it's possible it's carry to the IL have up in the big leagues. Let's say karp is able to avoid the IL. I think you then have a pretty interesting decision between James Outman and Ben mal Jerry. Hopefully we're not completely overlooking anything like we were with the Valencia thing a while back. That was a bad one because if you bring Hovey buyas up, like how committed are you to playing him in center field almost every day? That sounds great in theory, but we just talked about the rust thing, the health thing. That's kind of asking a lot. Now you could still mix some some Veerling or even McKinstry, but do you view Hovey as your center fielder or do you still want him playing some shortstop? That's one question. Outman has done some nice things for you. He's also hitting what one fifty, and that's kind of becoming more apparent that that's and so if you're not playing Outman really for the defense every single day, even though he's a left handed bat like that, pretty quickly to me, becomes an empty roster spot, a guy who maybe he's like a base running replacement and an occasional defensive sub, but not a guy you're pinch hitting. You're kind of taking away a bench bat option from aj Hinch if you leave Outman on this roster. I think now same thing could go. Let's say you get rid of Outman, but Hobby's playing more outfield? What is Ben mal Jerry's role? And that's a young guy you probably do want, you don't want him just stashed on the bench. So I'm not sure there's a perfect solution. I do think those are the options that play, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the whole carry thing, like, you know, if you.
Speaker 3: Lose carry, you're gonna want to find another left handed bat somehow, And who is it? Like can you work that's a puzzle? Can you work Jace Young back into this thing? But I don't know that you can play Young and Lee and Labor and Hobby?
Speaker 1: Oh lord, yeah, I have some fun not so fun thoughts on that one, Cody uh And and then you know, kind of wrap up this this injury segment here Jack Flaherty like what do we what we what do we know about him? Because again talk about talk about guys that you know, future at least with the teams could be up in the air, you know.
Speaker 3: Like, so I'm I'm stressed right now. They are all these questions and I don't have any of the answers, and I don't necessarily think the Tigers quite know every answer yet either. Talk to Jack a little bit today and he said, you know, I probably could be throwing. It seems like we're playing it a little slower. He didn't seem to be thrilled with that. He's ready to basically get back. Then asked aj Hinge about it, and he's like, well, we're getting more, you know, further evaluations, different opinions. So I guess that's kind of standard operating procedure. But that also makes me think, Okay, I was always skeptical that a forearm inflammation was just going to be fifteen days and everything was fine, and this is are we already seeing signs that maybe it's something a little bit more I don't know. And then yeah, flarity a huge trade deadline component. A guy that if they are going to inter cell mode you would want to sell. Even if they're entering thread the needle mode, he could be you know, some salary you would want to offload. It's gonna be pretty hard to offload if he's dealing with a forearm injury. That's up in the air. So not sure. Jack at least seems seemed to think, you know, hey, no big deal, I'm ready to get going. But he also said Tuesday, you know, he thinks I guess that would be his bullpen day. He kind of hopes to have more answers by Tuesday and maybe some clarity on all these trickle down effects will come after that.
Speaker 1: Man, Well, I'll tell you, I mean split with the royals with you know, like I said at the beginning of the pie like and just all this other stuff going on, just it feels more and more muddy Cody, and is coming.
Speaker 2: That's if you.
Speaker 1: Want to have a smile on your fav We want to make Cody smile, Like remind the media, I remind Cody that clarity is coming. Clarity is around the corner, and all these things that we spent months in some cases years like discussing, are all gonna be And we don't have.
Speaker 3: To get August fourth, all right, We're gonna get there. Calendar will keep turning August fourth. I don't know what exactly what's gonna happen, but that dust will settle and we will get there and and then then we can really break it all down and what it means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then we can move forward. All right.
Speaker 1: You guys can follow us on x form. Me knows Twitter at Cody Stavenhagen, I am at Kieran Underscore, Decley pot pages at Tiger Territory, Underscore, YouTube, Apple, Spotify, you guys know what to do. We appreciate all of you, so for Cody Stavenhagen, I'm Kieren Steckley. Everybody, have a great day.