Speaker 1: It is time now for my Strawberry Letter. If you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEHARVEFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 2: It could be yours. Buckle up and hold on type. We got it for you here it is Strawberry.
Speaker 3: Let us all right, nephew, thank you. Subject.
Speaker 1: She is not who she appears to be. Dear Stephen Shirley, I'm forty four and I'm engaged to a forty six year old black female. The moment I saw her, I said she was going to be my wife. She played hard to get and that made me want her more so I waited months.
Speaker 3: To go out with her, and almost a year before we had sex. To be honest, I was.
Speaker 1: So crazy about this woman that she could have had three teeth and I would have bought her all new ones just to be with her. But there are some things that I can't overlook. We moved in together a month ago after we dated for two years. I moved into her house because I was living in my brother's rental property. The first week, there was an envelope tape to the front door. I placed it on the kitchen island, and when she got home, she tore the envelope up without opening it. Maybe I should have asked her about the envelope that day, because two weeks later, another one was taped to the front door. It was official looking, so I opened the envelope and placed the letter on the kitchen counter. It was a foreclosure notice. She was very upset that I opened her mail, but she said, since I know what's up now, how are we going to.
Speaker 3: Handle the foreclosure?
Speaker 1: I said we I told her that I just moved in, so how is this a wee problem? We had our first argument, and to stop the fighting, I said we could work something out. I have no intention of forking over thirteen thousand dollars to this woman. We are engaged, so she should have told me about her house and her other financial problems. I just found out that her car is two payments behind and she has credit card debt. She is not who she appears to be. How can a woman this fine and sweet be so careless? I really love this woman. Should I marry her and take on her outstanding debt? Wow, that's your question? Okay, sorry, I gotta tell you this. You don't sound like much of a man to me at all. Are you really going to let this woman that you claim you love so much that you would marry her if she only had three teeth in her mouth? Are you going to let her lose her house? So what if you just moved in? I bet you are enjoying this home, because remember you lived in your brother's rental property before you moved in. And she's right, it is a wee problem now because why didn't you ask her about these things before you moved into the house? Assumed and don't you know that everyone is not an open book. You assumed that everything was cool with her once you're proposed. These are the type of things you guys should be talking about. You should be talking about money and financing and kids and schools and sex and social media, all of these things. Yes, she should have told you. Yes, she is that fault for not telling you that, but it was your responsibility to get to know her. It's been two years.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the.
Speaker 1: Foreclosure would have come up at some point during those two years. I just don't think how you think that you have no obligation to help her. I mean, she's your fiance now, she doesn't handle money. Well, okay, we get that, but you guys are engaged, which makes you a team.
Speaker 3: You guys got to work together.
Speaker 1: Now you can both sit down have an honest talk about your finances. If you don't feel you can do that, or if this is too much for you and you don't think you can handle it, let her know before the wedding, because the way things are going now, you guys won't be married if you decide to take that step.
Speaker 4: Steve, Oh, she is not who she appears to be. You're engaged to a forty six year old lady. The moment you saw you said she was gonna be her wife, and she played hard to get. It was months before you went out with in, a year before y'all had sex, And to be honest, it's what you say now. I was so crazy about this woman. She could have had three teeth and I would have bought her all new just to be But you know you say now, he says, in his own words, there's some things he can't overlook. All y'all moved in together a month ago, after y'all.
Speaker 2: Dated for two years.
Speaker 4: You moved into a house because you was living in your brother's rental. The first week, that was an envelope taped to the front door. You put it on the kitchen island. She got home, she told the envelope up without opening it. Maybe I should have asked her about the envelope that day, because two weeks later, another one.
Speaker 2: Was taped to the front door.
Speaker 4: It was a fish you're looking, So I opened up the envelope and placed the letter on the kitchen counter. It was a foreclothesre You noticed. She's very upset that I opened her mail. But now she said, since I know what's up, how are we going to handle the foreclosure? I said, we now, let's stop right here. You're engaged to this woman. You moved into her house and you left the rental property. You was user at your brothers. You moved into her house. You've asked her to marry you. She accepted. You said she's so fine you to marry that. She had three teeth. You'd have bought us some new ones. I don't know how much you think teeth costs, but we up around at thirteen thousand dollars MAF somewhere like that. I know you get you get a head full of my faith. And so she said, how we gonna handle this? I said we, I told it, I just moved in. So how is it a WE situation? Well, let me just.
Speaker 2: Tell y'all something.
Speaker 4: Y'all two don't need to be married, because I'm gonna just tell you right now, when you get.
Speaker 2: Married, everything is a WE situation everything.
Speaker 4: So if you don't want a WE situation, then you you shouldn't get married. I don't you never said if you all had been married before y'all forty four and forty six. I don't know if y'll have ever been married before. But if you get married, everything becomes a WE situation now, bru. It's just real simple. If you don't want no WE situation, don't get married.
Speaker 3: I'll be done, all right, Thank you.
Speaker 1: We'll have part two of your response coming up to Steve at twenty three minutes after the hour today's Strawberry letter subject she is not who she appears to be. We'll get back into it right after this. Globe Life Insurance can help you protect the people who matter most with coverage of up to one hundred thousand. Whether you want to cover final expenses, payoff debt, or simply leave something behind for your loved ones, Globe Life makes it simple. Call Globelfe today at one eight hundred two five one fifty four hundred, or visit globlifradio dot com to get a free quote. That's one eight hundred, one fifty four hundred or globelifradio dot com. All right, come on, Steve, let's recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is she is not who she appears to be.
Speaker 4: Okay, you met this fine woman. She's forty six, you forty four. She was so fine man, but she was playing hard to get. So y'all dated for y'all talked for months before you even took it out, almost a year before you had sex. But you say, this woman so fine. You just she if she had three teeth in her head, you'd have bought some newt just to be with her. That's how you say. And so then a few a year later you moved in with her from your brother's rental property.
Speaker 2: You moved in and so.
Speaker 4: Y'all had been living in the house for over a month, and you came home one day and an envelope was on the door, So you took the envelope put it on the counter. She came home, picked the envelope up, and tore it up without looking at it. You said, then you should have asked her what it was. Two weeks later, another envelope on the door. It looked official. This time you opened it. It was a foreclosure, so you set it on the counter. She came home. She got mad because you opened up her mail. And then she said, well, now that you know what's up, how we gonna handle this foreclosing? I said we? I told her I just moved in. So how is this a we situation? Well, you asked her to marry you, and when you get married. I'm just gonna tell you everything is a wee situation when you get married. Now, she didn't tell you that. I think that's a conversation y'all should have had. But y'all jumped to the guns. It felt good, looked good, is good? All this here you rubbing, sliding, spooning, and all this is taking shots together, eating, making me, watching movies and everything. Well, now you find out that the place that you're doing all this in they finish, come take you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: She don't know how to handle this problem either. Obviously she's not good with money for some reason. And she said, how are we gonna handle it? Now you're talking about how we gonna handle it? And now that started an argument. And to stop the fighting, and listened to this part. To stop the fighting, I said, we could work something out. I have no intention of porking over thirteen K.
Speaker 2: To this woman. Okay, Brud, then were done?
Speaker 4: Then were done? If that's your decision. If you have no intention of parking over thirteen K to this woman, then we're done. Then you said, so we are engaged. So she should have told me about her house and her other financial problems. I just found out that the car is too many payments behind, and she has credit card debt.
Speaker 2: She is not who she appears to be. Who did you think she was?
Speaker 4: You thought cause she was fine, she had everything else together. It's something wrong with everybody credit card that a lot of people got credit card debt. You ain't got none. No how you caught it? Four years old, living in your brother's runner property. What's going on with you? Something going on with you? You may not be all you have presented either. Now, how can a woman this fine is sweet be so careless?
Speaker 2: I really love this woman?
Speaker 4: Should I marry her and take on her outstanding debt? Well, brother, listen to me. I'm just gonna put this one back on you. Should you marry this woman and take on her outstanding debt? It's thirteen thousand dollars for the house, it's some credit card debt, and it's the cards to payments behind. Now, you just said something in this letter that you waited to the end to say. How can a woman this fine and sweet be so careless? It's a lot of fine, sweet people that don't know how to manage money. It's a lot of fine and sweet people that get a little careless with other things. But obviously she's been good to you, and she's been good for you. Now you found out that there's a couple of things wrong. Now you want a bounce, that's your choice. Bro, you get to leave now. If you're not the man for this job, then don't take the child. That's all because according to you, this thirteen thousand there's two months back on this payment in credit card that this seems to be monumental to you. So maybe you're not the man for the child, then just let it go. But I want to tell you this, though, you're gonna have to find somebody else just as fine and just as sweet that's got it all together. So what you're looking for is a person who perfect man, I'm gonna tell you right now, ain't nothing. Ain't no perfect man, ain't no perfect woman. So now, if she's really a good girl and she needs some help, maybe y'all can put y'all two things together. Because guess what, brother, you ain't got no rent no more because you're living in her house, so you ain't paid no rent. Why don't you take that rent money and y'all, y'all first of all, get this foreclosure. Y'all get some money so y'all can keep living in this house because you because you're doing all the little stuff with her in the.
Speaker 5: House now, taking shower together, sliding up on the club, spooning, spooning, fucking, doing a little knifing, doing some cutlery, you know, spash for spanking, win of and mint oodie popping.
Speaker 2: You're doing all that. Yeah, you know you that come with the price off.
Speaker 4: It ain't gonna be free, so bruh, I mean me if I was you. You know, sometimes, man, you gotta be willing to climb down in a fox hole with a person to fight your way out and see what y'all got. Y'all might have something good, but if you want everything to be perfect, you're not gonna have a me. Personally, I would climb down in that foxhole and start fighting with that girl. That's really sweet and a kind person. Probably work through it. That's what I would do. But don't sound like you're up for the job. So gone quit well like you do everything else, and go find somebody else that they ain't gonna won't you?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 3: All right, Steve, thank you.
Speaker 1: Leave your comments on today's Strawberry Letter on the Instagram at Steve barb Fm, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app. Coming up next, it is Junior and Sports Talk. Right after this Junior, you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.