Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack arm Strong and Joe Kaddy arm Strong and Jetty and Geez arm get it.
Speaker 1: Wrong studio see see s in your It's Frank.
Speaker 2: Jim.
Speaker 1: Look, you got a bigger weekend plan than I. Jeez, if I listed my weekend it would be hilarious. Then I'm gonna drop him off at this thing, and then I'll stop by the grocery store. Love her boys said it best. Everybody is working for the weekend. Actually, I'm gonna have three teenage boys Saturday night. Sam's doing a sleepover, so that'll be it'll be fun. I don't know what that's gonna be. It's loud. Loud, is what I'm just it's gonna be challenging, would be my guess. It's going to be challenging. I wouldn't be worried about that at all. But his brother has got this horrible OCD situation where he is horrified by this event of other people being in our home, and it's just gonna be I don't know. I haven't exactly figured out how I'm gonna make it work. I met if you had a hotel room and run back and forth or something. But anyway, how y'all do welcome to the show. And today we are under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 2: Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump, who will be president Monday again. So that amazing, It's crazy, it's insane. Why is he the general manager today Monday? Obviously he will be well when we return to work on Monday. He will be the president of the United States, not untill noon.
Speaker 2: But to what, We're all going to bed with visions of millennious sugar plums dancing in our heads.
Speaker 1: I was just a good Oh, she's famous for her sugar plums. Monday at noon, the feels like is eight degrees. So at noon when Trump becomes president, all those people standing outside. I was at the inauguration for Trump last time around, and I'm glad I'm not this time because I don't want to stand there in eight eight is cold.
Speaker 2: Holy cow, that's brutal.
Speaker 1: That'll suppress the size of the crowd, and Sean Spice will have to come up and make clear that it was actually fifty million people. I'll bet it's gonna be a really big crowd. I'm expecting it to be enormous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean, if there's anybody who's going to show up in feels like eight and stomp their feet and try to stay warm, it's the good, honest folks of the the heartland of the country.
Speaker 2: People do it for freaking football games.
Speaker 1: If you do it for a football game, you do it for your you know, your your guy becoming president.
Speaker 2: I assume I got a project for you.
Speaker 1: I want you to start thinking on it now because then you won't have to do it till later. I'm I want you to do this. I want you to use your brain and rhetorical skills. Okay, I want you to make the argument. I know you don't agree with this, so you got to think about how the other people think about this.
Speaker 2: But it's driving me nuts.
Speaker 1: The coverage of the billionaires being there, the three mech richest men in the world will be sitting together at the inauguration. Joe Biden the other night talking about an oligarchy. Are we already make the argument for me? Because I don't understand it at all. I want to hear you, with your skills, make the argument for why I should be even the slightest worried about billionaires and their wealth and their power or anything like that. Okay, yeah, this is I don't understand the arguments at all.
Speaker 2: I have zero fear of this.
Speaker 1: I mean zero of my things I'm concerned about with this country. How rich Elon is or Bezos is not on my list. Yeah, I'm going to have to labor long and hard, but I will. I will squeeze myself inside of AOC's tight white dress and you know, metaphorically speak mentally speaking, and try to craft that argument for you. Well, if it'd be more comfortable, you can get into the sensible fitting pants and probably very comfortable shoes of Bernie Sanders and do it that way and.
Speaker 2: His delightful homemade the mittens. Here's the other thing. So we came up with this plan the other day.
Speaker 1: The current confirmation hearing going on right now, Christyome of South Dakota to be DHS secretary. We think all the Democrats should sit there with a dog in their lap, a puppy petting a puppy's head. You're gonna shoot this dog, Madame Governor. Yeah, well what if it barked, Oh, then you'd better shoot it or something.
Speaker 2: Huh. And And I've seen her sity, don't trust me. Please sit she's in the room. I've seen her sitting there.
Speaker 1: They made a mistake also, they should have had somebody in a dog costume sitting right behind her, right over her left shoulder, the full dog mascot costume.
Speaker 2: I hate it, but I love it.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: How far is why you go? Can it? Can it be a dog custome with like fake blood on it?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 2: Is that too far?
Speaker 4: I'm just picturing a congressman saying, oh, my dog just wet the floor?
Speaker 2: How should I handle this? Christie right?
Speaker 1: Any suggests as I shoot it? Is that what we do? That's how we jick boom? Oh, here you go.
Speaker 2: Just have the dog have excess for eyes sitting in the front of.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Think it's gonna come up in the hearing? Will somebody bring it up? The dog? Shoot? Yes, you guaranteed? Yes, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really have any idea of her level of confidence or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Zero.
Speaker 1: I've never looked into her background or anything. She's governor of a very very tiny steak. That doesn't mean she's not qualified, But don't know anything about man that is a big job. I was just listening to a run through. That's the obviously the border, which is a huge thing. And Trump's prop promising this deportation that everybody wants and that will be a major thing to deal with the secret services under the Department of Homeland Security. And they had a rough, rough year, and so she got to get a handle. It be torn down and rebuilt practically, and in fact, insiders have said that very thing. It's just so rotten it read it needs a rebuild, which is a hell of a you know, fixing the airplane while you're flying at a situation. Yeah, And then also all kinds of different things with you know, the terrorist attack and you had in New Orleans or the person blowing up the tesla or whatever. It's going on, various terrorist concerns, and that's all falls under that umbrella.
Speaker 2: Plus disobedient dogs coast to.
Speaker 1: Coast, right, And wonder if that's what she finds relaxing, like if she's stressed.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, that's too much. Somebody brings me amedient.
Speaker 1: Dog, but that's too much. No, you cross the line there. You're all having fun, and then you had to turn it sick.
Speaker 2: Did she shoot a dog or just a goat?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 2: Shot a goat. What was the cricket the dog?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which again if you don't remember, briefly, for rural people, it's as common as anything could be for that situation to occur. Yeah, if you have a completely out of control farm dog, you don't take it to the pet smart for you know, fifteen weeks of obedience training and that sort of thing. And maybe you should drop us a node email mail strung email Joe at I ain't reading it. We should start the show officially before we get into trouble. TikTok the band happens on Sunday, but the Supreme Court ruling is supposed to come out any minute, and we'll jump on that when it happens and see what they think about that. The most interesting thing I've come across in that discussion later in the show, cool Chinese Communist Party officials in their own words about talk and what a great.
Speaker 2: Tool it is for them. Wow, I want to hear that. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this.
Speaker 1: It is Friday, January the seventeenth year, twenty twenty five or Armstrong and getting re approve of this program. Let's begin then officially. According the FCC rules regulations. Here we go leaping into action at mark. A nationwide ban of the social media platform TikTok is set to take effect on Sunday. Well, well, look who has.
Speaker 2: To come crawling back to network television for the entertainment?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll do you like dances? Right?
Speaker 2: I held sixty minutes. It's auld too long for your attentions. That's a good point. Yeah sixteen. Look who's coming back to CBS on a Friday night.
Speaker 1: Huh wow, I'm crawling back and speaking of entertainment. Uh. One of my favorite sports pundits said this will could be one of the best games of the decade. Two time d Lamar Jackson and get on the Baltimore Raidings taken on Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills this weekend on Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a game. I can't wait for that one.
Speaker 1: Linebackers on both teams crying themselves to so right, quarterbacks that can run over linebackers, that's awesome. I'm so oh I'm supposed to cover the halfback coming out of the backfield for.
Speaker 2: Past and deal with Lamar Jackson. Click. How does the mailbag look? Uh? It's it's good. Plus we have clips of the week coming up.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is a lot of information that we have coming here with here's our text line four one, five, two nine five KFTC committee that had to allow the peace deal to go through in Israel has voted and said yes, now it goes to the full vote, whatever that is, but they expect it to get through. Hostages may be returned starting on Sunday, including some Americans, which will be a good look for Trump coming into office. Will America, because of the discomfort of our media, continue to ignore the fact that our countrymen have been abused, tortured, beaten, raped, starved. I yeah, yeah, sorry to turn it dark, but I just I'm continually amazed at how the ideology of certain newsrooms colors their coverage and interpretation of what should be fairly straightforward.
Speaker 2: That's the wacky thing about ideology.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we have a great freedom loving quote of the day coming up, plus mailbag, But right now it's time to take fond look back at the week that was.
Speaker 2: It's cow Clips of.
Speaker 1: The week and.
Speaker 2: Working together, give me a joke. Whips of the week.
Speaker 1: A ceasefire deal between Israel and Thomas.
Speaker 3: Cooks credit for this mister President, you or is that a joke, a security achievement carried out by al Ca Sombria?
Speaker 1: Or remain a source of pride for our people and our resistance, though will be passed down from generation to generation after it struck a fatal blow to the.
Speaker 4: Former Fox News anchor Pete Hagsas in the Hot Seaton.
Speaker 2: I don't want women. I don't want moms. What's wrong with a mom? By the way, you know what that SuDS to me?
Speaker 3: That you will apply with such an order you will shoot protesters in the in the leg.
Speaker 2: Senator, I was falsely charged.
Speaker 4: I'm fully investigated and completely cleared. How many Senators have showed up drunk to vote at night?
Speaker 2: Have any of you guys asked him to step down and resign for their job? That it's time to give someone with dust on his boots the helm? Awesome? I get bilingual protesters.
Speaker 3: I think it's an injury.
Speaker 1: Cool? What will be worried about?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: You're right now? Are the child?
Speaker 2: Listen? I watch I have Do not call me a child. I have no child. It's like a hurricane.
Speaker 1: Just was shooting like a blow towards like a blow towards mother nature.
Speaker 2: Owned us.
Speaker 4: We are screaming to be properly funded to make sure that our firefighters can do their jobs.
Speaker 2: Did they fail you? Yes? Looking back, would you have taken our trapwass you know? I am going to focus today, but on what we know. Does the buck stop with you?
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, your governor of California, everybody that will be the mayor of California.
Speaker 2: We're all better off. We're all better off.
Speaker 3: We're all better off, and we're working together.
Speaker 2: This is what you're voted for. And if that surprises you, you weren't paying any attention.
Speaker 3: An oligarch is taking shape in America of extreme wealth, power and influence that literally threads our entire democracy.
Speaker 1: They push us super hard to take down things that we're honestly, we're true. Now, I don't fully understand Chinese culture at all.
Speaker 2: Free the waiting.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: No, I dak white because it's West Philly and it tastes great good see sir, shape buddy, clients, I would feel.
Speaker 1: By the way, outside of here, did you hear any coverage of Mark Zuckerberg, third richest man in the world, saying the Biden administration pressured us to take down true things. I didn't hear it anywhere. Oh wow, I'm taking a lot of news. I didn't hear anybody talking about it. I'm pretty sure I came across it. The Free press was talking about it, I think on the conservative side of things.
Speaker 2: Free Beacon talked about it.
Speaker 1: But no, no, And you know, it's incredible not to interrupt your rant with my rant, but the fact that members working members of the media would be like, yeah, yeah, the first Amendment. I've heard of that. Anyway, I got stuff to do and not have any interest in defending it. Seriously, getting back to the theme of ideology makes you do the equivalent of putting your hand on a hot stove burner.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just it's crazy how.
Speaker 1: That influences people to do things that are indefensible, insane. So when Trump stands up and says there are the enemies of the people, the press back there in the back of the room.
Speaker 2: I hate when he does that.
Speaker 1: I don't think he should do that, but that's an outrage and the democracy is nearly over when he does that. The Biden administration calling up one of the biggest media mouthpieces in the world and screaming at them and threatening their very livelihoods if they don't telling them what they can and cannot print. And that's just not he doesn't he make the news. I didn't hear about that. Unfrigginunbelievable. That's why we come in everything and do what we do.
Speaker 2: I guess here's your freedom loving quote of the day. I love this sit along by alert listener Joe. Thanks Joe.
Speaker 1: He's quoting the Federalists number seventy. There was a concept of multiple executives, not a president a president, but two or three I guess, kind of co presidents of council, if you will. And in Federalist seventy they wrote, one of the weightiest objections to the plurality in the executive is that it tends to conceal, false and destroy responsibility. And Joe writes, in the modern age of bureaucracy, exemplified by the ongoing California fire crisis, the ability to identify who is responsible is made incredibly vague. KJP gets to direct questions to another suboffice of the executive to avoid answering. Gavin Newsom says, the buck will not say. The buck stops with them. We have built an absurd bureaucracy that has so many officers doing multiple jobs. Who is responsible for managing disasters in this country? It's supposed to be the president, governor's mayors, but they will never admit to it. That's an excellent point, Joe, and well said, mail Bag.
Speaker 2: Wood Wood.
Speaker 1: You may drop us a line anytime, mail Bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. Let's see Michael missus Katie's meme of the day in sand along his own Michael in Washington. It is a brightly colored, beautaflate painted rainbow fire hydrant, and the caption is there's no water, but look how pretty it is. Beautiful, beautiful, devastating. Dave writes, Hey, guys, speaking of the hot cabinet picks, could Pam or Christi be the new Ginger or Mary Anne? Oh see, that's the sort of sexist tribe we don't need on this show. Dave, do better, be better. That's a tough Marianne. Clearly, by the way, all night long, Let's see where were we?
Speaker 2: Eh?
Speaker 1: Zabo Rights, semi frequent correspondent, Zabo Jack, you've never tasted strawberry ice cream? No, you don't know how to barbecue. You take off your coat like a girl.
Speaker 2: Katie and Joe are right.
Speaker 1: You're from an isolated tribe that throws spears at airplanes when they fly over it. And it's like a Polarid camera is stolen your soul throw the spears at airplane.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: And we don't have time for uh Augie who actually saw you in the parking lot of the radio ranch. He was at the ranch to do some technical work and was going to ask you to see your pie eating fork.
Speaker 2: She always have it threat happily showed it to you.
Speaker 1: Biden just did a bunch of more pardons and commutations we should tell you about on the way out.
Speaker 2: The door Artrong and getty.
Speaker 1: Childish joke on the One More Thing podcast the other day featuring a common expression. Somebody texted me. Friend of mine texted me, actually this morning, if I owned a doggy daycare, I'd call it these Months. That's a pretty good name.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's funny. I would never forget it.
Speaker 1: No, that's fantastic, right, yeah, And we got this text here at the radio station. I got awarded a ticket for the inauguration. I know you went four years ago, actually eight years ago for Trump's first term. I was wondering if you could talk about the sequit, what it was like to be there. I'm very excited to experience this. I got my ticket from Adam Shipp of all people interesting. I'll also be attending Trump's victory parade at the Capitol one Center. It's gonna be real cold, but you know, what are you gonna do? Eight degrees That feels like at noon And you got to get there pretty dang early to deal with the lines and the security and everything like that.
Speaker 2: And imagine this. What do you mean by that, like an hour early, three hours early?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know where they're going to be sitting, so it depends on that. I was up close with like a lot of the you know, congress people's families and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: All right, I got there several hours.
Speaker 1: Before the things started, and the thing is very long, but man, you got you gotta you got it. It's an all day sucker, no doubt. But I really cool experience. From my standpoint, I just thought it was freaking amazing. I wouldn't want to do it every year. I remember when I was walking in, I ran into David Drucker, who we used to have on the air all the time. He's now at the Dispatch, was writing for the Washington Examiner at the time. I ran into him coming out. I said, hey, why are you going that way? He said, I leave on inauguration Day. It's my least favorite day of any four years in DC. But he lived there because it's just such a crush of people. But I assume you're there for the festivity of Hey, Trump's president now, and you're excited about that.
Speaker 2: The inauguration will be fun, and then.
Speaker 1: Afterwards there will be hundreds of thousands of people that almost all of them agreeing with you politically, packing the bars, restaurants and coffee shops, and that'll be a festive time. It's like being at a ballgame and all you know in your home and your a home game, and everybody's rooting for your team.
Speaker 2: That's what it's That's what it'll feel like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like in a giant college town or yeah, one hundred and ten thousand fans and everybody else wishes they had a ticket. Yeah, yeah, did they have porta pottis there? As an older man asking for a friend, I remember lots and lots of porta potties yes. Can you imagine it's whatever, what's what's the actual temperature going to be?
Speaker 2: Do you remember it's obviously.
Speaker 1: Very cold twenty one with someone case, it's twenty one degrees and you're a gal and you really need to relieve yourself. Can you imagine sitting down on a twenty one degree porta potty toilet seat, a karamba? Many you can't. I know, people who live and work there get jaded to the whole thing. But if you're a regular person, you're freaking watching a next president of the United States. We've only had forty seven, and you're looking around and you can see the you know, the Lincoln Monument down there, and the Lincoln Memorial in the Washington Monument and all that sort of stuff. I mean, it's historic, and the capital behind the person. It's it's you feel like you're part of history.
Speaker 2: Sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think even if people don't intellectualize it, I think they feel in their bones the fact that this mighty a nation engages in a peaceful transfer of power every four years is a miracle. It's if you were to tell the rulers or the common people of old, they would be astonished. Katie before we move on. You wanted to rule in on sitting on a porta potti seat when it's twenty degrees outside.
Speaker 2: Sounds like hell?
Speaker 1: What you would be You would be concerned for the health of your cheeks. Absolutely, frostfit and cheeks is no joke. Oh you could be thinking, I'll never I'll never be able to have children. Now, good lifelong damager. Yes, exactly, Well, you certainly wouldn't want to wear a song on the beach if you had like toilet seat shapes cars on your cheeks from the frost fight.
Speaker 2: Man, so different topic.
Speaker 1: Uh, I have God, says the entire audience in unison. I wanted Joe to make an argument for why I should be worried about the billionaires and being at the inauguration and being too close to Trump and whatever. This oligarchy that Biden warned us about the other night. Bernie talked about this lesson yesterday with the Treasury Secretary or some one of your confirmation hearings.
Speaker 2: There's Bernie Sanders. We don't talk about this enough.
Speaker 3: And that is when you got three people on top wealth than the bottom half of American society one hundred and seventy million people, you know what, that's oligocky. When you have massive concentration of ownership in our economy, fewer and fewer corporations owning and controlling the economy, that's oligocky. When you have more and more billion ares, whether it's Musk owning Twitter or Murdoch owning Fox, or other billion ass owning newspapers, that's oligocky as I standards.
Speaker 1: She didn't want to say bezos in the Washington Post because they're on your.
Speaker 2: Side, right Ryan, Yeah, the who's another conservative Murdoch? Yeah, that's it? So well in what way?
Speaker 1: Well, what's the argument for there shouldn't be billionaires? They've got too much money? This is an oligarchy. I will tell you this a couple of things. Number One, if you are, if you hope to be a serious person, a person who of you it is said, I don't always agree with him or her, but their point of view is always worth taking in. You need to be able to steal man the other side's argument, the opposite of a straw man, where you construct a ridiculous parody of their argument that knock it down and feel all manly.
Speaker 2: You see it all the time, and it works. You've got to he dismissed it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, after a rough day, nothing I like better than beating the hell out of a straw man. But you know, you've got to construct a very strong argument, as they would make it. I've got to admit, I'm finding this argument, this assignment, very, very difficult, because I find the argument's weak. What I would say is similar to Bernie. You have that much concentrated wealth and power in a few people with a direct connection line to the presidency and the entire executive branch, they will become a star chamber of the ultra wealthy, directing US policy to their whims.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I did a good job. Evidently you know my argument. How would you stop?
Speaker 1: How would you first of all, how would you stop the possibility of that? How would you limit the possibility of that anyway within the Bill of Rights? Oh no, no, it can't be done. There are a couple of like, really good counter arguments against that.
Speaker 2: Even if you.
Speaker 1: Admit that it's true. One, what are you gonna do about it? If your net worth is more than fifty million dollars? You don't get to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Speaker 2: Right, or you're not allowed to talk to your senator or the president.
Speaker 1: And speaking of visiting Washington, DC, if you ever strode along K Street and seen all the beautiful, shiny buildings that are full of lobbyists, that sort of thing is already happening in spades every single day. Obviously because of our bent, it's just so much easier to take the other side of this. They're statistically first of all, just start here. There are more billionaires that donate to Democrats than there are donate to Republicans. That's just an unknown fact. So and Bernie's against that. In his defense, he is utterly misguided. But Bernie Sanders is sincere true. Bernie is a socialist. He doesn't think billionaires should exist. That is a nut job attitude. But Biden is fine with the Democrat billionaires. He isn't like conservative billionaires. Oh yeah, complete four one billionaires switch teams, because a lot of times billionaires are just going with whichever direction see Zuckerberg, maybe whichever direction. Okay, they're in power, let's make them happy, which you know is not a bad business model. But first of all, it's a lot like we mock if it's going to be one hundred degrees, everybody gets all excited as.
Speaker 2: Opposed to ninety eight. It's just a round number.
Speaker 1: I don't know why somebody whose net worth is nine hundred million is to do what you want to do. But once you hit a billion, you're all of a sudden suspect I got a kill you. You've got a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: I mean that just seems like so if you got five.
Speaker 1: Guys in the front row that each have three hundred million dollars, don't need to think about them.
Speaker 2: It's two billionaires over there. Just that's just silly. Yeah, yeah, you know, I think this is this is.
Speaker 1: My final word on this, and it's a very handy thing to keep in your intellectual back pocket to bust out in case of emergency. And that is Jefferson's famous declaration, not of independence, but that he would rather attend to the problems of too much liberty than too little. And there are so many things like the billionaire argument, because it's you know, it's reasonable to say, look, you got people with incredible wealth and power. They can direct the government in ways not foreseen by the constitution. It's absolutely true. But the cure would be worse than the disease. It's it's a you know, to unfortunately bring up Christinome again. My dog Baxter, God bless him, still hanging on. He's He's a fabulous dog. He's very bright, he's very willful. He is like a disobedient child. He will get away with what he can. And you know, when I'm in the room, he's good. But at the minute I walk out of the room, he's like eight, the bus is gone. Anyway, I could certainly eliminate a lot of those problems by shooting my dog like I'm Christino. It would absolutely, one hundred percent cure those problems.
Speaker 2: Billionaires, I'm follow you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, what am I Luigi the psychopathic lunatic? No I am not.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is, gosh, it would be nice to not have those problems. But if the cure violates your fundamental beliefs, then you got to find another way. You've either got to live with it or be more clever about curing it. And one of the great sick tendencies of the left, especially but not exclusively the left, especially if you want to look at history, but one of their sick tendencies is to say this is a problem, and this is a solution to that problem. Therefore we must do it. And the idea that we don't get to do that, we need to just put up with it or help a little bit. We don't to give ourselves the power to cure that quote unquote problem would make us monsters. I'm not sure a lot of the media even has an argument. They just think that because I've seen a fair amount of news coverage where it's just Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, will all three be attending the inauguration on Monday. There are the three richest men in the world, and they plan to sit together and they kind of look at you like, huh, isn't that scary? But with no follow up is why it would be in any way? I don't right, it's just appealing to like not spelled out prejudices. It's like if you're in a group of racists and somebody brings up a black man, for instance, and somebody says something disparaging about them. Nobody says, all right, now, let's have a discussion of the positive and negative aspects of that person's character.
Speaker 2: And whether that was deserved or not.
Speaker 1: No, they'll just snicker because they're racists, and that's the way it is. It's just a tribal signaling thing. I think they're way wrong on this. I think most people admire billionaires, wish they could be a billionaire.
Speaker 2: Think it's cool. Imagine what it'd be like to be a billionaire.
Speaker 1: I know there is a crowd college students or whatever college professors who are just the term billionaire. The idea of a billionaire makes them sick. But I think that's like a tiny percentage of the country, don't you.
Speaker 2: I would agree, I do. I think most people are bothered by it.
Speaker 1: The politics of envy is incredibly powerful too. But yeah, I think, and this is crazy. Maybe you want to jot this down. If a billionaire does something good, why don't you say that's good? And if they do something bad, say that's bad. And I don't like it.
Speaker 2: We'll go from there, all right.
Speaker 1: They're elon trying to rein in the shocking, sprawling, idiotic growth of the federal bureaucracies.
Speaker 2: That's great. Yeah, and care what his net worth is?
Speaker 1: I think it should be pointed out more that the one, two, and three richest people in the world are all Americans who made their goal of it from scratch in the United States of America. Because you can wow, great point. We have got Katie's headlines on the way stay here now.
Speaker 2: A lot of days we.
Speaker 1: Come in hot, really good stuff first hour, then fizzle out the next three hours, just fairly hanging on.
Speaker 2: But today we have good stuff coming up.
Speaker 1: Oh, I am so excited to get to the Chinese Communist Party in their own words talking about how important TikTok is.
Speaker 2: This is by a thousand miles.
Speaker 1: The most significant relevant thing you will hear about the TikTok discussion, which has mostly been useless in the era of to end or inaccurate plus ripped out of I mean, it's like too good to be real.
Speaker 2: It's like from a suspense movie.
Speaker 1: A woman making a nine to one one call and the clever operator how do I don't want to give away too much, enabled her to describe what was going on in front of the bad guy without the bad guy knowing. They conducted a two way ruse, this clever nine to one one operator and the victim compelling stuff next hour. The Supreme Court is supposed to rule on the TikTok thing today, So maybe that'll happen while we're on the air and we can misinterpret it and rail certainly.
Speaker 2: Also, Trump just got off the phone with She.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that was one of your headlines, but Trump talked to She this morning, I guess, and I imagine we'll get details on what their conversation was about.
Speaker 2: That's what she said.
Speaker 1: Let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the league story with Katie Green.
Speaker 4: Katie, I'm starting with CNN as rarely security Cabinet approves ceasefire and hostage deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, belatedly puts and now let's hope a few belieguered souls are released before it all falls apart, because it will.
Speaker 2: From the Washington Post.
Speaker 4: Trump selections for top jobs advanced despite initial controversy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's always it's always like this. It's mostly made up. Mostly, it's mostly made up. The controversy an attempt to get clicks, or they overvalue how interesting these.
Speaker 2: Things are there in DC. Whatever. From ABC News.
Speaker 4: Biden pardons nearly twenty five hundred non violent drug offenders, is now the president with the highest number of.
Speaker 1: Pardons in history and commutations of horrific multiple child murderous sentences.
Speaker 2: We have a justice system, we have laws, we have judges, we have juries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish he'd make some statement on particular her laws that he thinks are just wrong and the Congress needs to go back in and rewrite these laws because these people violated the laws, probably many many times to actually end up with the long prison term.
Speaker 2: So why are you communing him.
Speaker 1: He's just doing the bidding of his far left at activist Cavali's the federal Gavin Newsom just turning criminals loose because he believes in it.
Speaker 4: From Fox News, two million dollar California homes spared from the wildfires is destroyed by a landslide.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, there's been a lot of talk of when the rains come, all that ash and dirt and everything like that, and yards disappeared, vegetation gone.
Speaker 2: Who knows what the landslide situation is going to be. From NBC.
Speaker 4: SpaceX loses its Starship rocket and test flight, but catches its booster.
Speaker 2: After the launch. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 4: Cool when they did it last time, when that game came back, it.
Speaker 1: Means what means they would the would they law the spaceship like this, the actual starship is anybody starship?
Speaker 2: Does anybody know what it is? No, nobody knows where it is? Or just see it.
Speaker 4: Last from Business Insider Zuckerbird lawyer skewers his quote toxic masculinity and neo Nazi madness as he drops Meta as a client go ahead.
Speaker 2: Zuckerberg has toxics masculinity.
Speaker 1: Well, you have a low bar for masculinity.
Speaker 2: He's a jiu.
Speaker 1: Jitsu fighter Jack. He's actually hard ass in real life. He was telling Joe Rogan that the other day. He's the real mark.
Speaker 4: From the New York Post, Burger King employee fired after kid's meal comes with a surprise side of cannabis. She dropped her weed in the kid's meal. All right, I'm bringing back the meme of the day. It is a clearly a liberal woman up top, and the captain under the photo says, as a dedicated feminist, I'm using my mother's last name instead of my father's. And underneath it it's that picture of Leonardo DiCaprio. Like he's cheersing, and he goes, so you mean you used your grandfather's last name.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: Finally, the Babylon Bee firefighters hang crying Jimmy Kimmel from helicopter to drop tears on the wildfire.
Speaker 1: Oh I liked it. Jack doesn't have the spine to enjoy that sort of harsh.
Speaker 2: We've got more to come.
Speaker 1: If you missus, IM get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty