Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: I love that this happened. I love that this did not result in some Hollywood breakup. It'd be a shame. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: He was gonna leave the Rams, He's gonna take his family and move to some other team and moved to Jersey or something because of money at this point, like, you are so deep in your career, your super Bowl champion, you're respected. It's this great marriage with McVeigh. Don't leave because you couldn't come to money terms. There's reasons you want to leave, not because of money. And the fact is, like if you look into it, third stops very rarely work. I don't know if it would have worked out well where if he goes into the Giants or any but it very rarely works.
Speaker 2: There's rare cases.
Speaker 3: Carson Palmer and Kurt Warner Wholena in the third stop. We thought we had one last year with Russell Wilson and completely fell apart.
Speaker 2: Odds are new team, new coach. It would not have worked out. This works. Why would you want to break this up?
Speaker 3: I understand money. I'm not talking about somebody else's money. But I'm just glad that wouldn't be the reason they leave a bad taste in every NFL fans mouth and guys, I mean, you were there. Yeah, I thought he was gonna beat the Eagles. He's pitted that team on his shoulder in lat few minutes. I'm like, Stafford's gonna win this game. This is gonna be incredible. Jalen Carter decided, now I'm gonna call a game. But Stafford was great. I think we averted a football shame. I would not want to see Stafford leave this town, leave this team now.
Speaker 2: Ian McMahon take another run a bright.
Speaker 3: VOCs fifty two days until the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, and my favorite player in this year's draft is the running back from Arizona State by way of Sacramento State named Cameron Scataboo. Okay, I love this guy. He's my favorite player. He's my favorite player maybe in years. But I've been noticing something in the analysis of Cam Scataboo that's starting to percolate a little bits that I want to get ahead of, and I want to nip in the bud and I want to make a little bit of public service announcement about it. Ladies and gentlemen, I am not gonna sit here for the next fifty two days and hear the name Cameron's Scott in the same sentence as deceptively fast or sneaky athletic. It's already happening, and I don't like it, and I don't like where it's going, especially not after what he did as Arizona State, not after what he did in Indianapolis over the weekend.
Speaker 2: There is nothing, Remember what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: There is nothing sneaky about a forty inch vertical jump thirty nine point five.
Speaker 2: This guy just jumped.
Speaker 3: That is better than Adrian Peterson, than Jamal Charles, than Marshawn.
Speaker 2: It's better than.
Speaker 3: Christian McCaffrey, who I personally thought drove a steak through the entire heart of the sneaky athletic joke industry.
Speaker 2: But we're still here, and I need to stop. All right, It's not funny anymore. We knew it for years. It's not applicable here. Don't do it. How do I know?
Speaker 3: Because when I posted my excitement over Scataboo's vertical on social media this weekend, the very.
Speaker 2: First response I got was here.
Speaker 3: Check out the response, Mike Garafalo, downright sneaky athletic Mike.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mike, you're not helping. You helping, Mike, you should know better.
Speaker 3: You're encouraging the online lemmings to make the same dumb joke about Cam Scattaboo. Mike, I'm putting you to attention. Don't do that anymore. I am tabooing all of the cliches. When I hear talk about Cam Scattubu, I want to hear about his incredible tackle breaking, his strength, his breakaways all. I do not want to hear in your analysis that he is a Jim racked, a coach on the field, that he has a great motor. I don't want to hear that Cam Scataboo is the son of a coach.
Speaker 2: You know why, because he's not. I did the research.
Speaker 3: His dad's name is Leonard Scataboo, and he works in pest control. God bless him, because that's exactly what we need right now. In the analysis of his son, pest control, spray him, kill him dead. Including this Cam Scataboo comps are driving me crazy, and I'm gonna pull from this very table. During the commercial break over the next fifty Listen to me, look at me, Look at me.
Speaker 2: Don't look at your phone. Look at me. Over the next fifty two days.
Speaker 3: I do not want to hear the name Toby Heart a single time.
Speaker 2: Don't say it.
Speaker 3: If you're saying it about cam Scataboo, you're mailing in your analysis. You're lazy. They're not close to the same prospect. While I'm at it, while I have you, do not utter the name Peyton hillis in my presence.
Speaker 2: Stop it. I'm looking at you, Kessler.
Speaker 3: Cam Scataboo is five nine nineteen. Peyton hillis went six two two fifty. It's an idiotic comparison. Do better than just scrolling your nostalgia rolodex for the fastest meathead cracker you can find.
Speaker 2: All right, you have to do better there. Oh, he's a Peyton hillis. He's nothing like Peyton Hills.
Speaker 3: He's exactly one thing in common with Peyton Hills.
Speaker 2: And you know what it is, sneaky athletic hits running. Yes, he has two things. He's a running back in the other thing.
Speaker 3: Lastly, okay, it is possible. I'm gonna try to stay calm now. I'm trying to work on my breathing good. It is possible to describe and analyze young Cameron Scataboo without mentioning.
Speaker 2: The name Mike Allstotts. No one loves Mike Alstott more than me.
Speaker 3: Mike Alstott had four inches and thirty pounds on Scataboo. Guys, just speaking purely in the football sense, it's not the comp. He ran a totally different offense coming out of college at Purdue in a totally different sports back in the nineties.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: I also believe Scattaboo is faster than all Stott was, and we'll see that when he eventually runs of forty.
Speaker 2: No one loves Mike l Stott more than me. I'll talk about.
Speaker 3: Mike Allstott all year long, but not when we're talking about this Arizona State running back.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Now, you might say, well, we have to have comps.
Speaker 2: Who we're going to compare him to. You just mentioned all the white guys. Who's leapt or we do.
Speaker 3: Never mind that, Let's talk about the here's what we do.
Speaker 2: H I got some comps for you.
Speaker 3: Mark Ingram is a comp for Cam Scattaboo, very similar size, same kind of angry runner. You want another comp Frank Gore incredible balance on a smaller guy, just won't go down. You think it's a three yard day, and all of a sudden it's second and two and.
Speaker 2: He gained eight yards.
Speaker 3: Similar there, And yes, Cam Scataboo has some Marshawn Lynch and I'm not the personality. He's not as fast, but wild, fierce, almost messy runs that almost exactly the same weight as Marshaan. So, guys, I hope you're picking up what I'm putting down. And I'm not talking. I'm talking to the table actually, and I'm also talking to the world's table that is right out there. I don't want to hear it anymore, all right, I don't want to all those names I listed, all the.
Speaker 2: Sneaky fat blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: I get the joke. I got the joke years I've made the joke. I'm just not making about Cam scadboo. He's better than that. Up your analysis, class up the joint for once, because I'm not here for Unprecedented to be Dion's sun. We've seen a lot of legendaries player's sons come through Dion. It's like being Blue Ivy or something like that's like, you know what I'm saying, Like, i'mon Sanders kid of the football. I think that is really the comp like my mom's Beyonce, my dad's Dion. And yet what I like about it is that you think, well, he's he's he grew up rich and he's famous, and Shaduur in primetime and all that. Like he got the crap kicked out of him in college, crap kicked out him physically mentally.
Speaker 2: They lost a lot of games of.
Speaker 3: Colorado that he started, and he got up every single time. This is not someone who is a prima donna, who is none of that stuff. That's difficult to raise someone with that type of fame and wealth and make them physically tough. That's parenting. Like that's that's really really impressive. So I'd like to say, I was going to say, you know, be interesting to see Shadur Sanders, the son of a god, come into the NFL and struggle. He's already struggled and he's already shown that he could bounce back from it. I'm really impressed with him, really impressed watching the Jets just continue to burn down this old regime from last year.
Speaker 2: It's kind of sad. It's like happening in slow motion.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm reminded of Good Fellows when they just start finding all the bodies in the garbage truck on the gas and it's like Jimmy was cutting ties from the robbery.
Speaker 2: It's like they should be playing Laylags. I mean, it's really sad.
Speaker 3: But the Rogers thing is still sitting there, and he's wherever he is, in Malibu or something, and just thinking about these things. I don't love the Giants for him, And I think right now the way I would disc in my mind for Rodgers is like I don't think he's actively looking to join another team. I think he's a single guy in his forties and he doesn't even have a dating app. He's not going out to the bars. He's kind of just sitting around. And if someone calls and loves him and says, yeah, we love you and we have money and we have this and we have that, whether it's the Raiders of the Giants, then maybe.
Speaker 2: Or maybe he just hangs it up.
Speaker 3: I just need I need something better than He already has a house in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I get that, and it's cute. It's the way we track these things. But okay, so he has a house.
Speaker 3: In New Jersey that he could sell in five seconds, or that he's maybe rented. I have no idea, just that you want to join the Giants. They've been bad for ten years. He doesn't really know their people. He doesn't he doesn't have a deep history.
Speaker 2: With their coach.
Speaker 3: They're probably not going to be great this year, so he wants they're probably gonna be on hard knocks again, Like he wants to sign up.
Speaker 2: For all that stuff. Like we just did this movie. It didn't end well.
Speaker 3: I would be very, very very surprised to be joined the Giants.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I think La was fascinating and I think that was tasty and appealing and everything. But to that point, I also don't know if Aaron Rodgers is in the business of following around Matthew Stafford and picking up his scraps, like well, I'll wait, so'll see what happens with Stafford, and then I'll be So this is Aaron bleeping Rogers like this, This is not someone who waits to make ether people dictate his moves. I think he's sitting around and he's healthy, and he's in shape and looking.
Speaker 2: To play football.
Speaker 3: But unless something absolutely perfect opens up, I don't think he will again. And I can't describe the twenty twenty five New York Giants as absolutely perfect. You're also on record saying that you thought you had seen Aaron Rodgers play his last night of football.
Speaker 2: Do you still stand by that? And you're just flirting with this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you got to take a shot where it's like you throw it in one of the baskets, done playing, Giants, Raiders, I put Steelers, whoever you want. I'm still putting it and done playing. I think he's played twenty seasons. I think he went out with his boots on. He started every single game he played, Okay, threw a couple pets as past as the Davante, and I think he went out with respect. I think he's done personally, and as I said before, I hope he's done.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see Aaron Rodgers on the Giants next year.
Speaker 3: Guys' forty one years old season twenty one on a team that probably won't be I just I'm good with it. I want to talk about Deebo, and I need to talk to Deebo a little bit, so I just I look at the Samuel right now, and it's just this big question of motivation, chip on the shoulder, all that as he goes to a new team with a year left on his deal and everything to prove. I remember when Deebo exploded, and he was really one of the biggest stories in the league, and he was an unbelievably cool players unique. It was like a running back, plain wide receiver, and he's got this cool name that ties into pop culture, and we just we celebrated Deebo Samuel. And I think the Internet loved Deebo sam I think social media.
Speaker 2: Loved Deebo Samuel.
Speaker 3: I looked at Deebo Samuel and social media yesterday. Holy crap, it's a wasteland and Deebo, Like, I want to make sure to talk to him, just so he knows.
Speaker 2: And this is gonna seem a little gratuitous.
Speaker 3: And a little cold, but I just watched Jalen Hurtz go win a Super Bowl because he's got a picture on a screen saver of him losing a Super Bowl, Like, do you know what they're saying about Deebo out there? Just so as you go to your new experience, Deebo with a new quarterback and a new team in a new reality. I just want to make sure you know all of the stuff in.
Speaker 2: The way that they like.
Speaker 3: There are really three groups of people in the internet, jokesters and the way that they talk about Debos Samuel.
Speaker 2: Here's the three groups.
Speaker 3: People who say you are washed, people who say you are fat, and then people who say you are both.
Speaker 2: That's the groups out there.
Speaker 3: Now, there's those subgroups that say you are really a product of Kyle Shanahan's ingenuity and you're not't really as good as your.
Speaker 2: Production was, it was a shanhan thing.
Speaker 3: Then there's ones who call you Timu Percy Harvin with the body of James Harden.
Speaker 2: These are not my takes. I don't believe this. I like Debo.
Speaker 3: He is an anger runs winner, he is a really cool thing. We've celebrated him a lot on the show. But if I am Debo and I'm sitting there saying, like, what is my motivation for this year above and beyond it, just look at that stuff, because that's how they look at you, right or wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't agree with it.
Speaker 3: It's not just idiots either, real legitimate tim Kamakami journalist says, like Deebos twenty pounds overweight, He's out there talking about this guy who covers the team, who knows the team.
Speaker 2: So maybe there's reality in it, maybe there's not.
Speaker 3: The point is, if you're Deebo Samuel and people are saying you have the body of Chris from Family Guy, and you're supposed to be a Greek god and the best playmaker in the league, take all that this or screen cap it and keep it on your phone or keep it in your locker, keep it because you are way better than that. And as a show, and me as a person, I like you and I'm rooting for you. But when you go to Washington and you go to Jade and your new fan base, remember all those things that they're saying, and go make plays and shut them the hell up. I love watching the forties so much, just as the television products.
Speaker 2: It's it's to the.
Speaker 3: Point now where it's almost like The Masters. To me, it's almost soothing, Like I like the way that Rich and DJ talk about it.
Speaker 2: I do. I like it. Yeah, the forty is like the Masters to you, well, you.
Speaker 3: Know how, Like it's just it's Rich and DJ kind of.
Speaker 2: Talking these whispers.
Speaker 3: Oh, I say, yeah, it's like it's soothing as a television broadcast.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 3: But you could do a blind test where when you watch the guys run, based just on Daniel Jeremiah Richison's reactions, you can tell what they ran. Like there's the four to four reaction, it's kind of like, oh nice, and then when one of those guys hits four to three, they go all right. Then it's when that rare four to two club hits, it's just wow. Matthew Golden from Texas is in the four to two club.
Speaker 2: Four two nine. It's entry level four two club, but we don't frown on it. Four two nine.
Speaker 3: Listen, I know everybody's getting faster, and the evolution of the athlete is crazy.
Speaker 2: Four two is still four to two.
Speaker 3: It's still absolutely outlandish. And I can't think of a better time for a Texas wide receiver to run four to two than about twenty minutes ago. There was a Texas wide receiver in the Super Bowl on the end of a beatdown from the Eagles who was still making plays at the end of the game and the post Xavier Worthy, I run a four to two coming from Texas World, in which Mahomes and Reid at Al made a thing out of him in a really good rookie year and one of the only guys in the Chiefs who felt like making a play in the Super Bowl. I'm thinking there, Matthew Gol, I'm like, I know that dude, I know that program, I know that speed. I think as a guy who was looked at as a really good wide receiver forty eight hours ago, I still think there's something wildly seductive about the numbers four and two for any sort of GM.
Speaker 2: They see that and it's like they can't resist it. It's that bug lamp, you know that sucks you in on the porch. They know it's going to kill them, but they have to get to it.
Speaker 3: They see four two and they're like, READO our whole board. I want to draft Matthew Golden from Texas. Anytime you cook that things, that's going to get you drafted high. I think he did huge favors of himself this weekend. We're in the Superman era. Now, this isn't the new normal. It's obviously you mentioned Mahomes and Josh Allen, but I remember sitting here last year and I think it was Daniel Jeremiah was talking about Drake May and he was calling him he's a big game hunter, you know, like he chucks it deep to try.
Speaker 2: To make the big play. There's not a lot of.
Speaker 3: Conservative quarterback play that's being rewarded right now.
Speaker 2: It's not the stage of like, well we.
Speaker 3: Missed it, let's punt, let's get it the next time, throw it away. It's really I look at the quarterbacks and the playoffs and even young Jane Daniels and Lamar, these guys are making spectacular plays all the time. So there's a little bit of a keeping up with that that I want a superman factor. I want a guy who says, you know what, I've grew up here that I'm not supposed to throw late across the middle, but I got my guy there and I think I can make the throw.
Speaker 2: And only think we're kind of arriving in a new era.
Speaker 3: I feel like the plays are much more spectacular, more often than they were even ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more iHeartRadio pods, go to the iHeartRadio app, go to Apple go anywhere you like it'll be there.