Speaker 1: Hey guys, this is Donald Faison and Zach Braff. So this podcast we recorded it the same day after everyone found out George Floyd getting murdered. First of all, I do not necessarily know what to say to everyone out there. Truthfully, I wish everything and everyone could be happy right now, but that's definitely not what's going on in the world. For me. This is a time where I feel like I don't know. I wish that I could sit here and say we're making progress, but we want to make you laugh here. I will say this, I am very, very supportive of the people out there fighting the good fight that are protesting right now, and I stand with you.
Speaker 2: We also wanted to let you know that the next few podcasts were recorded before all of this has reached such a fever pitch, and we didn't want you to think for a second that we were being callous about that and not dialed into what's happening. So we just wanted to let you you know the next few podcasts were recorded prior to things being as they are currently.
Speaker 1: That being said, I hope we can distract you from the madness that's going on right now for just an hour and a half just an hour and a half, sit back and enjoy this with us.
Speaker 2: Here we go. So Donald, you're five six minutes late. Well, well you know this is hot that we.
Speaker 1: Do, and do it five minutes late. My wife hot boxed medeo. She took a shower right before the podcast, and the shower is connected to the closet, like, not the shower itself, but the bathroom's connected to the closet. So it's like two hundred degrees in here right now. Amazon shirt. It feels like, well, I had this on for the view today, man, which.
Speaker 2: Looked great on the view. We were on the View today. Yeah, Donald's looked very handsome.
Speaker 1: And thank you very much. You changed your shirt.
Speaker 2: I did. I put on a night I didn't. I wanted to look good for for for the ladies, and I put on a night you did.
Speaker 1: You look very nice anyway, My wife hot box. So it's like it's like an Amazon jungle up in here right now. Man, okay, and I want to show a tank top. I whantn't you switch to a tank top? We could watch it happen live. Listen. Man, she's mad about something right now. I don't know you're mad about I did wrong. I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you don't ever, you never know. Sometimes she's just mad.
Speaker 1: She's just mad out of know.
Speaker 2: I bet if you brainstorms, you could figure out what you may have done.
Speaker 1: In this moment right now. I can't figure it out. In other moments, I've been able to put it all together and be like, oh that was I bet it's because of this.
Speaker 2: That's the worst. When you can't figure it out, You're like, what.
Speaker 1: I do, dude, I have no idea. I've been good to the kids. I fed them, you fed, I've done all of that stuff. I just don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I think we were really good on the view. It was hard because there was a big delay, yes, and and more so than normal zoom. It was like a few a second or two delays. So it's always tricky to be funny when when you're stepping all over each other.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say this. My mother, who does not listen to our podcast, watched the view. She watch she said we are great together. She was like, I'm gonna tell you something. She was like, you and Zach interview so well together. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, listen.
Speaker 2: We want to cheer you up. If you're frustrated with the universe, and you're frustrated like Donald is, We're here to entertain you. We're here to take your mind off things. You might be on a hike, you might be walking your dog, you might be breastfeeding, you might be doing the dishes, you might be tugging one out. We are here to make you laugh. Donald.
Speaker 1: If you're tugging, I'm gonna say, I'm gonna say one. Can I just say one thing before say one thing? If you're tugging one out while listening to us, Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: He would like you to finish as as Donald counts down, do it.
Speaker 1: Five, six, seven, eight. I'm not show.
Speaker 3: We made about a bunch of Nisaea.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if the good people at iHeart are going to approve that.
Speaker 1: But they don't give a shit about that.
Speaker 2: They're not even listening. They're not even listening.
Speaker 1: They don't care anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, my first sign with iHeart, they were like, you know, you know, you guys can just do whatever you want and we'll give you notes and thoughts and take them or leave them. We haven't heard anything from them. I think we're doing well enough that they just let us do our thing.
Speaker 1: I love the people over at iHeart I just put it out there. Let's just put it out there now wherever you're listening to your podcast right now. Yeah, I heeart has been so awesome to us.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Will. We got to give shout out to Will Pearson, who's the guy who we we we first met and and he's really come through with all his He pretty much said, you guys can do whatever you want. And uh, he's he's let us do our thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you know, he didn't promise a lot of at the first meeting we had with him, but he was definitely like, this is a no brainer, guys, And.
Speaker 2: Well it is. I mean, look at this comic gold here. Plus we got we met, we met Dan and Joel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know it's serendipitous if you really want to look at it. So I want to thank Joel, I want to thank Dan, I want to thank Will. I want to thank all of you out there listening right now. Thank you so much so far there.
Speaker 2: We're so grateful. We're so grateful for you. Neither one. Donald and I always talk about how we never thought this would be this much fun. We thought, uh, you know, we thought, okay, that'll be something to do, that'll be a little fun side projects. But we are having so much fun, and we we we know that you are. We see that you're that you're listening, and please tell your friends. We want to now we're now, we're invested. Now we're like, let's fucking go for it. We hope, we hope one day when the world opens up, that we can tour the show. We'd love to. We know that some podcasts come to cities all over the world and do it live. We'll do it live and Donald live live. Donald and I would love to do that. We'd love to come to your city and we'll show the episode first and then we'll come out and we'll do this exact show with Q and a's and audience participation. We'll bring Dan and Joel. Of course, maybe we'll have a tour bus Donald. We'll get to finally live that tour bus life we've always dreamed about.
Speaker 1: I would love to have a tour.
Speaker 2: With Joel and Dan on the bus.
Speaker 1: Well, they get to come inside from the bus, but no.
Speaker 2: I want them to. You know how your band always travels in the bus.
Speaker 1: We'd be a four person band.
Speaker 2: Four person band.
Speaker 1: I come with a couple of groupies though I got a couple.
Speaker 2: No, you're not rolling with your kids and your wife.
Speaker 1: I can't tour with my wife and kids after all of this.
Speaker 2: No you can, but they're in a separate bus. If you're gonna stop, bring a family. Joel and Dan and I are going to be partying in the party bus like that, and you and your family can be in the family bus.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be on the party bus.
Speaker 2: I want to shout out, I'm exciting. Just to remind me of Donald mentioned this. But we have coming up Krista Miller. We have Sarah Chalk coming back on the show. We have Scott Foley coming on the show. Yeah, we're hoping to get Neil Flynn. We're still working his dates out with him. We have a Shay Serrano who is an amazing writer who wrote his own self published book about Scrubs and he's an amazing bestseller. And he's the first he will be the first official Scrubs megafan to be on the show because.
Speaker 1: We have mega fans call in.
Speaker 2: So no, I'm saying as a guest. As a guest no doubt, and then we're gonna get Brendan Fraser on episode one twenty three, My Hero. And then we're gonna close out season one with Bill Lawrence and Christa Miller on at the same time. Hopefully they'll bicker and it will be hilarious.
Speaker 1: I hope they argue.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna argue. You know, they always go on Howard Sterting together and they bicker and tell dirty stories from their marriage, and it'll be great.
Speaker 1: Bill and christ have dirty stories.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think there was a story where they had sex see in a bathroom at someone else's wedding.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Bill and Christa freaks like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I hope they're not just sharing that naughty stuff for Howard Stern. I hope they're gonna they better not come on here and be two PG. You know, people go on Howard and Myself Included, and you want to be like, oh, I'm gonna tell my most outrageous tales. Well, I hope they come on and talk about banging in a bathroom at someone's wedding.
Speaker 1: I can't get over that. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Also, how for.
Speaker 1: Those who are tugging, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: You should be done tugging by now. Please, the show has started. You were supposed to be done by five to six s eight.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get into the show or do you want to talk to somebody?
Speaker 2: Just kind of I'm having so much fun talking to you, but we can, we can start the show. It's it's an odd show. I'm not gonna say it's one of my favorites. Okay, Okay, I know that's crazy talk, but it's not. It's not one of the best. Okay, There's a couple of cool things in it. The show begins with an epic wonner.
Speaker 1: This is the one that we talked about a couple of times on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Now, just to reiterate for those of you who are like, what the fuck's a wanner? I know some of you know the film jargon, but for those of you who don't, wonder is where the camera never cuts? That is to say, there are no edits. The whole thing is filmed and the camera is mounted to Charles Pappard, all balls and no.
Speaker 1: Shaft and no shaft.
Speaker 2: Charles Pappard, all balls and no shaft, and Charles Pepperd all balls and no shaft, slid into my dms by the way and said that he should come on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I'd love that. Oh that would be so awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we should have money as soon as we wanted to come on for well, we're kind of full, as I just told the audience, we got a full plate. But maybe for season two we Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, man, he should totally be on the show.
Speaker 2: It would have been smart for us to have him on this episode because there's this epic steady cam wanner that opens the whole show. But he did.
Speaker 1: First of all, Charles Peppert isn't a very big man, and he's one of in my opinion, he's a great steady cam operator. He's a great camera operator. But he's a great steady cam operator also. And I remember this being very taxing on his body one because I missed the jump shot so many times. Bill, here's an opportunity for you to clown me. How many times here we go? How many times did I miss that jump shot?
Speaker 4: Look, I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Exaggerate it at all, but I would have to say that Donald missed that shot, that jump shot at the beginning of that long Warner take. I want to say he missed it at least seventy times in a row.
Speaker 4: But to.
Speaker 5: Donald could play ball. He actually played in my basketball game a bunch. But I do want it now committed to public record. Donald's older brother Dotta is much much much better at basketball than Donald is, and Donald has to live with that. I mean, his older brother can ball. The guy's a rock star in the court.
Speaker 2: So Joelle is going to put it on our show notes and you can click the link to the video, and I believe it's a it's a behind the scenes of doing this epic wonner, and you can see how many times Donald misses the jump shot.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so we do that. We finally hit it, and there are a couple of times where Charles h didn't do something right and we had to go back to the beginning again. But anyway, while watching this episode and watching this infamous wonner, Yes, as we get closer to the end, if you notice, our energy just keeps picking up, And yes, if we start getting more and more excited, Yeah, if you look at really the person to watch is Sarah, because Sarah is going nuts inside, like you can see her like.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: You know as you can see, you're right. As you can see when you watch the shot, there's so many moving pieces. There's a lot of background. There's there's us, there's Donald hitting the jump shot. Then we get on there, we go to the hospital, We get on a working elevator. We actually got in the elevator.
Speaker 1: Do you recall the person that was working the elevator for us?
Speaker 2: I wrote it down Norm.
Speaker 1: Norm's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Norm was a sort of an all around utility guy on the scrub set. He would work the air conditioning tubes, move them around, and he and he dressed up because we needed someone to be to actually operate the elevator. So we get in the elevator with Kelso. Then we come out, We strut down the hallway, we go into the ICU. The camera whippands to Johnny c still without having cut. It comes back to us and then we come around the corner and we were joined by Carla, and then it whips around again and we see all the new men students. So that took I think we rehearsed probably a full half day.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Yeah, it took a while to It took a while just to set the shot up. I remember that, yeah, and then to get I remember we were supposed to get the shot done before lunch, and we did. And then but like by the skin of our teeth, if I'm correct, I'm not exactly sure, but I know that there was so many other than me missing the jump shot. There were so many things that were involved that had to go right for it to work, and sometimes it didn't work. And uh, and what Donald's I agree with you.
Speaker 2: What you're saying is so by the time we made it to the second floor and we were kind of then the hard part was over. We like did Donald's jump shot, and we did the choreography at the elevator and then we were strutting all all three of us are like, oh shit, we're making it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make it, and you can see it. Sarah, Sarah is the most excited you could tell. So when I go give me some hungry chicken and you guys are eating, watch her. She's like, she uses both hands. It was originally supposed to be one hand. She's using both hands and she's pounding my hand. And that's why I said to you, you're not hungry enough.
Speaker 2: Ah, you were getting cocky too. Made it to the end you started improving.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, that was improv Absolutely.
Speaker 2: That's cute. Well, I gotta tell you that was It was really cool. And I wanted to say that if you're looking for there's a lot of famous ononers can you can you can google it on online and find some of in some of your favorite movies. But one of my favorites is in Goodfellas. If you remember that iconic shot that goes down into the restaurant when when he's bringing her on it on the first date and through the kitchen and up into the restaurant and I and and they're just really fun. Filmmakers and actors love them because it's it's so challenging to pull it off well. And I think this was the biggest one we did in Olive Scrubs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite movies is Swingers, and they talk about you know, slow motion shots and wonners. Uh, and yeah that I think. I think Scorsese's Goodfellas wonner. It's probably one of the best wonders in the history. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's just uh, I think it introduced me as a young film student to how how cool they could be. And there's an epic one in Orson Wells's film Touch of Evil that opens the film as well. Uh, you know, there's there's dozens of them, but so this was ho homage.
Speaker 1: The Nutty Professor has one, and not the one with Eddie Murphy, the one with Jerry Lewis. He's before he walks into the club as Buddy Love. You know, he's walking down the street and people are stopping and looking at him like, you know, and you're not expect you don't know what to expect when you see him. You're thinking that the Nutty Professor is you know, it's a Jequlin Hyde story and his mister Hyde is like this grotesque thing. And when he walks into the bar and finally you get to see what he looks like, the reaction from everybody it makes sense, but it's like, wait, hold up, y'all were acting like this was the scariest dude on the planet, and really it's just Buddy Love walking. Have you ever seen a nutty Professor? No, I've Oh my god, listen, let me tell you right now. Jerry Lewis in that movie. I know he said some questionable things on television and stuff like that, but you want to talk about switching it up when he plays the Nerd and then he plays Buddy Love.
Speaker 2: I gotta watch it.
Speaker 1: He says, some of the monologues in that movie are amazing, Like, he says, some of the most amazing, Like he is a true pimp in all sense of the word.
Speaker 2: In all respect, all respect, all.
Speaker 1: Respect to.
Speaker 4: Hetty Love.
Speaker 2: What's his name, Buddy Love?
Speaker 1: Buddy Love?
Speaker 2: Do you have to mention by the Yeah, I'm gonna check it out, not to mention the fame. Now, there's been some famous Wonner movies, including Birdman and what was the one that just came out that everybody loved so much? Nineteen seventeen.
Speaker 1: But that's CG two though, isn't it that? No?
Speaker 2: They they well they didn't do a Wonner movie. They hit a bunch of cuts, but it's but they're still doing like eight minute scenes with five hundred extras and incredible stuff, things exploding. If you are, if you were a film geek like I am, go go watch behind the scenes of nineteen seventeen and you'll see just some extraordinary filmmaking. Anyway, so we just.
Speaker 1: Wrote that down, dude, nineteen seventeen, need to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go watch behind. You've never seen the film.
Speaker 1: I have yet to see the film.
Speaker 2: Oh, the film's beautiful, but more but I was told I needed to watch it.
Speaker 1: I was told I needed to see it in a theater because of the scope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now you can't. But I I saw a screener because we got it for Award season, and I love. I thought it was so beautiful. I went to the theater. I said, I got to see this, and I went and saw it at the dome. You know here in Hollywood we have a big dome theater.
Speaker 4: And it was just.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous and and and amazing acting by everybody involved, and it's beautiful, great time too. I heard, yes, yes, sir. At one thirty two, we start strutting. I mean we are strutting. Yeah, that's like a George Jefferson strut.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, it's like the straight up well we're moving on.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were very SIUs. Look I'm trying to tell you man, we were so excited with We were excited, so excited.
Speaker 2: And then scrubs wiki. I was pointed out that at one fifty two, you can see my mic cable now now now, nowadays, we would just you know, visual effects are so much easier. You would just paint something like that out. They just go in like like you know, like Photoshop but moving video, and just paint a little mic cable out. But back in the day, we certainly weren't going to scrap finally making it through because he saw a little mic cable. But you see, I gently lift up my shirt a little bit and you can see where the hidden mic cable is on me. So there you go, the little Scrubs Wiki guy coming through. Is this the first appearance of the Hungry Chicken at two fifteen?
Speaker 1: I think this is the only appearance of the Hungry Chicken?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, when did we do it again?
Speaker 2: I feel like Hungry Chickens has been another episodes. Hey, Joelle, have we set it up with our Scrubs Wiki guy to answer questions and we ask him if he might be down for that.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's very down to do anything for the show. We're planning to have him on as our fan caller, not this week but next week and then yeah, we can ask him questions.
Speaker 2: Well, let's audition him. Now, let's audition what's his name? By the way, Joel, I just call him Scrubs Wiki. What's his name?
Speaker 1: I would have to look. Okay, we're gonna so as of right now he scrubs Wiki.
Speaker 2: Okay, scrubs Wiki. Thank you for all your hard work. Is this the only time that the Hungry Chicken ever appears in nine seasons of Scrubs? And if not, when does it appear in other episodes?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 2: Trevor from Scrubs Wiki here. According to our records, the episode My Student is the only appearance of Hungry Chicken. Donald at three fourteen, you say something like, what is this thing we're doing? Baby girl?
Speaker 1: So doude?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I know we had a lot of songs, but but this has no I do but I don't by vaguely, but before you go into the song, what there's no context for it in the episode at all?
Speaker 1: No, there isn't. But this was you and I arguing about R and B music, right, and you were like, dude, all it is is dudes and girl dude saying baby girl, sugar dolling baby baby girl, my loving girl meaning girl. Right. And so when you said that, I remember laughing so hard because they're pretty much every song that's R and B. Keep it one hundred y'all. Baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna hear girl. You're gonna hear the word baby.
Speaker 1: Definitely, you're definitely hearing baby. You're mostly if it's a male artist, you're most likely hearing girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. Well, Donald the time, you were listening to a lot of those kind of songs, and.
Speaker 1: I still do. I still do Trey songs. I still listen to all of that stuff. I love him to death.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: We had some great guest casts. We had DJ Qualls remember him from uh well, the most famously road Trip.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was from road Trip.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was at the time. That was the most famous thing he had done.
Speaker 1: One of my best friends on the planet, Breck and Meier and that movie as well.
Speaker 2: I remember DJ Qualls told me a story when we were shooting this episode that he had made a bunch of money and he was working a lot and he walked and he doesn't do credit cards at all, wanted to just pay cash, didn't didn't mess with credit cards. And he walked into a BMW dealership to buy a fancy car. And he couldn't you know, a lanky, young kid like him, he couldn't get anyone's attention they just totally ignored him, and he was really it was like totally the pretty woman moment where he was like, you know what the commission Yeah, and he walked across the street to the Mercedes dealership where someone finally gave him attention and he bought a Mercedes with cash.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, he had it like that. He got it like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had the money like that, and he was like and he just remembered. He was telling me the story of his pretty woman moment where like the sale, no salesman was even talking to him, and he was like, fuck these people, and he walked across the street and bought him brought up from the competitive dealership with cash. Adriane Winner played Uh, Sarah's med student. He's the Northwestern grad so we know that he's a good actor, and I thought he did a great job.
Speaker 1: He did such a great job. I remember I looked at this. I didn't remember. You know, it's me so I didn't remember the episode, but I thought our guest stars were so good in this episode.
Speaker 2: In particular, I have to say Kelly Williams, who played Johnny Cees love interest and was part of your story.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, she was great. Uh what show was she on at the time, Joelle, do you know I.
Speaker 2: Was looking up she's been on all sorts of stuff since because I was kind of curious what she's been up to, and I was imdbing here. But she's been working NonStop.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah she was, but she was on a show I think at the time, and it was.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you might be confusing her with a different guest star, but in any event, she was very good and she and Johnny were good together.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about Turk as a wingman? Yeah, Turk is the best wing man ever. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You really didn't want to do it until he was like, you idiot, I'm obsessed with your girlfriend. Helped set me up with someone else?
Speaker 1: Right, well, right, that was the thing he I think Turk enjoyed the fact that, uh, doctor Cox, that Perry Cox was in love with Carla and couldn't have Carla, you know what I mean. I think he loved the fact that I have something on you that you will never get. And then when he threatens him and says, you know, I'll be sitting here waiting, Turk knows I'm gonna fuck up eventually. And when I fuck up, this dude's gonna pounce.
Speaker 2: So you don't want this guy in the wings, right, you know when you're dating you know when you're dating someone and uh, and this is more back in the day.
Speaker 1: It's not really like, oh, dude, I got I got a great story for that dude.
Speaker 2: No, but the dude had the friend who's in the wings, like always just sitting there, just waiting for you to fuck up.
Speaker 1: My dude, my friend, my friend, my friend. I dated someone and when we broke up, I remember her calling me like, dude, you'd be surprised at all of these guys that you know were so tight with us as a group, like you'd hang out with them. She's like, you'd be surprised of who's hitting me up. I'd be like, I don't want to know, man, it's it's you know, we're no longer to gather, do you but holy shit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you still got mad about it. That's so sketchy. The dudes in the wings like, oh, y'all, bro come.
Speaker 1: It's like a better off dead. I heard you broke up with Beth If I give her a call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great movie too.
Speaker 1: That shit is great. When Barney he's watching The Flintstones, and Barney's like, hey, Lloyd, I hope you I heard you broke up with Beth. Can I ask her out?
Speaker 2: That movie's amazing Better Off Dead? Check it out?
Speaker 1: Better Off Dead, John Cusack?
Speaker 2: What about at five eleven when when when Kelly's character says to Todd that he is a lap pinky. I've never heard the term lap pinky before.
Speaker 1: What is a lap pinky?
Speaker 2: A tiny penis?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: When she calls from that right with all the cheese, she uses the word machiesmo. You said you hadn't heard that word before. She uses it in the show.
Speaker 2: I've heard my cheesemo.
Speaker 1: I said it in something and you were like like what Wow? Donald, with the much.
Speaker 2: Is Kelly was on the practice, you were right about that, thank you. Joe told you. Yeah, she's a very good actress, and I thought she did a great job. Lap pinky. I think we got to put that into our lexicon on it because that's a nice term for having a small penis.
Speaker 1: A lap pinky?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: But it's a pinky in your lap. Now you get it.
Speaker 1: I totally get it now.
Speaker 2: Oh it took you a second.
Speaker 1: It took me a second. I was off a little bit. Maybe it's the Scotch anyway, lap pinky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't come around here with that lap pinky. I don't we know, we know, we know you have a lap baby forearm on that note. We're gonna go to break.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back. All we do is talk about wieners on this show.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. I'm getting a lot of notes from my girlfriend's mom about our willies. Oh man, she calls it the Eel cast the eel.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, you turned into the fucking hawk, yo. You turned into the Hulk.
Speaker 2: You know. I was so happy that Joel wrote in her notes, was that really you, Zach? When you turn to the Hulk, Joel, that is a giant stunt man with a lot, with much bigger muscles than I could ever grow.
Speaker 1: I just love the fact that this is before like all of the like Marbter movies have come out and everything, like all the Marble stuff, and you turned into the Hulk like back in the old Yeah, like the cheesy, incredible cheesy.
Speaker 2: That show is amazing. You didn't watch that show when you were a kid.
Speaker 1: Everybody watched the Hawk. But come on, buddy, like when you look at the Hawk now compared to the.
Speaker 2: But you're not putting it in the context, dude, when we were kids, it seem hunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all of those shows.
Speaker 2: Man, No, six million dollar Man, remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when you look at at least the motherfucker jumped over shit in the six million dollar Man and could.
Speaker 2: Remember that noise? Dan, can you put in that that noise of when the six would jump. I love that show.
Speaker 1: I did too, The six million dollar Man. We can rebuild them, we can fix them.
Speaker 2: We can, by the way, now nowadays it would be like the one billion dollar Man. We have the technology, we can't happen. Right, Oh man, you only cost six million dollars to fucking become become a robot man.
Speaker 1: To become a freaking cyborg.
Speaker 2: How come no one's remade that we should remake the six million dollars the six million dollar Man. But as as that would be hilarious, let's do it.
Speaker 1: The bionic Man and the bionic Woman. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Now we both get special powers.
Speaker 1: No, no, no one of us get special powers. The other one is the freaking dude on the computer.
Speaker 2: Oh but I know which one of us is gonna want to be the dude in the computer. I guess I'm sure you will mind because you go home to your kids out, you'll work like an hour a day, like hour, got to do your care to be on the set at the computer, being like I'm enhancing the picture, I'm moving in. Yeah, he's got a bomb in his left pocket. And then you just go.
Speaker 1: Home one day, work day of work, and then I'm.
Speaker 2: Out there fucking sixteen hours a day doing fucking leaps over buildings. I love it.
Speaker 1: I think this is a great idea. I think this is a show we should make.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, if you're a producer out there in Hollywood and you want to make a six million dollars NCV show, It's Dollard night.
Speaker 4: We're ready.
Speaker 1: No, not a TV show, a movie, the movie.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I think it should be streaming on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And it should just be like super silly, like like my the powers they gave me only work sometimes.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the greatest American hero?
Speaker 2: My powers are faulty?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I heard they were remaking that.
Speaker 1: Of course I don't know what happened with it, but I heard they.
Speaker 2: Were greatest theme song ever, believe it or not.
Speaker 1: Not walking on there. I never thought I could feel so free, flying away on a wind and a prayer.
Speaker 2: Who could be.
Speaker 1: Believe it or not, it's just.
Speaker 4: Dud.
Speaker 2: Now you're trying to say you don't. You're trying to say that show doesn't hold up anymore. That was magic.
Speaker 1: It really does not hold up anymore. If you watch that show, you'll be like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: What about eighteen. I mean, no one ever got shot. They're all firing ak forty sevens at each other and no one ever gets hurt.
Speaker 1: That's one thing we could say about our show. At least people died on our show.
Speaker 2: When they would do the and then they do the sequence where they built shit, and I would be like, oh, what are they building?
Speaker 1: Dun dun dun du.
Speaker 2: Dun d d be a baraka be a barakas. It was barakas. Remember he couldn't fly, they'd have to doe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hannibal ain't getting on the plane.
Speaker 2: You know what's so funny about that? It's so fucked up. They would like they would drug his ass so that.
Speaker 4: He would fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he fell for it every time.
Speaker 2: Every time they'd be like, here sip this, mister t.
Speaker 1: What is in this strange concoxing?
Speaker 2: What did you put in my banana?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna eat a banana right now. I hate you, Hannibal.
Speaker 2: Damn you, Hannibal. You put that secret flying juice on my banana.
Speaker 1: But you turned into the incredible Hulk.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm sad to you know, Marvel, you're all those Marvel movies you love. They fucked up our childhood classics. Like now everyone looks at the Hulk TV show and they said that sucks. I thought it was a masterpiece.
Speaker 1: Okay, you should go back and watch it. I know I probably should try Aloma Olama very So you turn into the Hawk and then Aloma you're like, you say to her, you say to her something like he was horrible. I I you know, I'm sorry, and she goes, you don't got to apologize to me, but you will have to apologize to Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hilarious. Whenever Aloma did her her church going woman preachy stuff, she was so funny.
Speaker 1: Always, always, She's one of those.
Speaker 2: People that just could sell the shit out of any line that was hilarious.
Speaker 1: You will watch to apologize to Jesus if you watch this episode, every one of her lines is a punchline, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's always they're always dried by, she's always walking by.
Speaker 1: Every one of them. Yeah, she crushes it every time. And what about we need to get her on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh we should, Well, we'll bit full up with guests. But season two, Aloma, right here we go. Joelle put it in the notes, please you pull out your booty at twelve forty eight.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: And it's to show what what is it to show? It's to show you what they love, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying and with Turk and you are both saying, is when all else fails, you just do the slow sag down and the woman see your juicy shelf butt. Yeah, and they're sold. They're sold.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you something right now. Yeah, women aren't the only ones that can have a nice booty.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: That's for real, for real.
Speaker 2: So are you feeling yourself when it comes to you? Like when you're in the mirror and you check yourself out, You're like, look at my ass.
Speaker 1: No, it's a different ass. Now, it's got a lot of it's got a lot of wrinkles and sell.
Speaker 2: You like, oh, now, maybe you should do some squats.
Speaker 1: Squat a lot. It doesn't look like it did when I was twenty six when we made this show list.
Speaker 2: We could do lunges. You could do lunges.
Speaker 1: I do all of that, Zach.
Speaker 2: Though, there's no reason why a forty six year old man can't have a tight ass.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna explain something to you right now.
Speaker 2: Don't blame it on your age. Joel's falling off her chair, that is. That is not an excuse for you. Man. You can do lunges.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna explain something to you right now. With age comes sag, and you can work out as much.
Speaker 2: As you look at Johnny C the other day on Zoom.
Speaker 1: You don't think Johnny C got a little bit of sag in him?
Speaker 2: No, I bet you he's tight as fucking hell. Mutton, it looks like Mutton bounce a quarter off his abs. Yeah, Mutton.
Speaker 1: I think that was a firm like Mutton.
Speaker 4: That was that was That was me.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if Mutton's ferm It just sounded funny.
Speaker 1: I think Mutton is like supposed to be like very tender.
Speaker 2: What is mutton? It's lamb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's lamb. I think it's supposed to be very very tender when it's tender, but to go it's firm like mutton.
Speaker 2: It just sounded funny. I think I stoled it from Princess Briding. Is when the mutton is lean, you remember.
Speaker 1: That Crystal Crystal something except for like a mutton lettuce and tomato sandwich.
Speaker 2: When the mutton is lean.
Speaker 1: Do you remember meeting Billy Crystal?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where and were on a plane and we were traveling. It was me, you can. I don't know where we were going, but we were on a plane and we sat with Billy Crystal the whole trip. And then we saw him at the hotel too.
Speaker 4: Did we bother him?
Speaker 2: I think it was. It was Hawaii, know, it had to.
Speaker 1: Be Hawaii, and we were all. He was just as much into us as we were into him. He was very much into you and you were very much into him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was very complimentary of me, and that made me feel good because I love him and I grew up on him like we all did. And uh yeah, Mutton from Princess.
Speaker 1: Brian Mutton from Princess Bride.
Speaker 2: When the mutton is have fun, how fun? Storm the castle?
Speaker 1: The castle?
Speaker 2: You think it'll work?
Speaker 7: It would take a miracle, right, he said, too Blade, which we all know is true love liar.
Speaker 1: Great movie.
Speaker 2: Speaking of crushes, Robin Wright in that movie was just about the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that movie. That's one of my favorite. I used to watch that movie all the time. I remember introducing it to my friends in the neighborhood who didn't see the movie and being like, you guys, haven't seen The Princess Bride. I remember having a movie night at my house just so my friends who had never been introduced to The Princess Bride could watch The Princess Bride and we watched it on VHS, obviously in my room, and I remember getting just such joy out of watching my friends laugh so hard at something that was like it was, It wasn't something that they would have gone to see normally, you know, right.
Speaker 2: Did you think you did that more often because you were dialed into all the theater world where you were there other times where you were introducing your friend group to movies they might not have seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happened a lot. Actually, you know some of the movie. You know, I grew up with a bunch of people who loved movies, though too so some of the movies that I was introduced to, you know, at a young age, like a lot of the horror movies and stuff like. I had a lot of friends who loved horror movies growing up, and I have an appreciation for them. I don't watch them, but things like A Nightmare on elm Street I would have never seen if it wasn't for Jessica Mercado, you know what I mean. Like, and you know Jessica, you've met her a couple of times. If it wasn't for her, a lot of the horror movies that I that I watch now when I don't watch them, but that I watched as a youth, I would have never seen them, and I would have never known about that genre like the way I know it now.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking just randomly, my father. Back when before I was introduced to the world of independent cinema, I didn't know that there were movies that didn't come to every theater. And a movie came out called The Gods Must Be Crazy, Remember the Masterpiece and this did not come to you know, South Orange, New Jersey, and my father said, we're gonna go into New York to see a movie. And I was like, why are we going to New York to see a movie? And he said, well, not all movies come to our town, and there's a movie that everyone's talking about we're gonna go see. So he took me a little independent cinema in Manhattan and we saw that movie, which I believe was a South African movie.
Speaker 1: Where the coke bottle fall falls from the sky.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was one of the funniest, most brilliant movies I'd ever seen, and it was it'steroally good memory of my father introducing me to an early version of independent cinema.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see a Brother from Another Planet? The Brother from Another Planet? Oh No, if you ever get a chance, go see that one.
Speaker 2: That's what we're giving. We're giving our listeners quite a good list of movies this this this podcast.
Speaker 1: There's some good ones out there, guys. Listen. If you get a chance, go see a Brother from Another Planet. It stars Joe Morton, Okay, and he literally is a Brother from another planet, The Brother from another Planet.
Speaker 4: And what.
Speaker 1: I remember one scene when I was a kid, so before Harlem was gentrified, which is very much now. You know, all the white people used to get off at ninety sixth Street if you were on the train, right, no matter what line you were on, if there was a ninety sixth Street stop, all the white people would get off because after that you were in Harlem.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So there's this dude it off right, There's this dude on the train doing like tricks or something like that, doing magic, and the brother from another planet. He doesn't speak that much, you know, he doesn't speak English or anything like that. You know, when people ask him where he came from, he just points to the sky. And so the dude's trying to do all these tricks and the brother's just not feeling it. And then finally he goes. You know, you hear the conductor say next stop, ninety sixth street, and the white guy says to the brother, he goes, you want to see me make all the white people disappear, and everyone gets off at nineties. All the white people get off at ninety sixth Street. And I remember as a kid, I used to I remember getting on the train and getting I was very young when the movie came out, and at ninety sixth Street. If you were going downtown, all the white people got on at ninety sixth Street. If you were going uptown, all the white people got off at ninety sixth Street. I remember this very much as a youth man. Wow, so crazy, Johnny joke.
Speaker 4: I gotta see that.
Speaker 2: You've just sold it to me. Donald, I'm watching it if you get it.
Speaker 1: Joe Morton brother from another planet.
Speaker 2: I was laughing at thirteen fifty and then in the fantasy where I'm teaching DJ Qualls to ride a bike, because I was laughing, going, I'm spoofing me at the age I am now right right, that character I'm playing is probably like a forty five year old dad, like you got.
Speaker 1: This right, pushing his kid along. It's also it also goes back to now you're doctor Cox, and it goes to the grainy shot of you teaching the kid how to ride a bike, where he's teaching you how to throw a baseball. Yeah, then we do that one, you know what I mean early on, so it's full circle we do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm trying to be Cox. I summon my inner doctor Cox in this episode so much so that we mirror the pilot where I where he fought. DJ's character finally has a moment of success and I go, I cheer him on, and then he leaves. And then and then Judy says, go ahead, and I put my arms up in celebration, just like the pilot.
Speaker 1: Right, and then You're like, can you fix that for me while I'm gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny. I gave him a pep talk and then he still fucked it up.
Speaker 1: He never comes back. That's what's crazy. He never came back after this episode.
Speaker 2: We none of them do other than other than the love interest then Kelly the love interest. None of these characters came back. Yeah, I think DJ calls it them. At the time, you know, his career was on fire and he was just kind of coming by to do a quick guest star role.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then you convinced Johnny C to show his ass, right, and.
Speaker 1: John C has a nice ass. I'm not gonna lie, but it just didn't fit the character.
Speaker 2: So you like Johnny C's ass.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 1: It's not that I like Johnny C's ass, It's just that you know, when you work out that much, right, I mean, you could bounce it. You could. John C used to say that shit, you could bounce a quarter off his ass.
Speaker 2: You know that, you know that Johnny C is not the kind of guy who skips leg an ass day.
Speaker 1: Hell no, you know he doesn't. You know for a fact he does, right, he got this look.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: When I started getting serious about working out, I remember getting a text or call from Johnny C. I was doing the Santa Monica stairs and I guess he drove by because uh Santa Monica and uh Malibu are very close to each other. And I remember getting the call, Donald, have you taken your workout to the next level? Did I just drive by the Santa Monica stairs and see you going up the Santa Monica stairs. I'm very proud of you, Donald, I'm very very proud of you. You gotta work the legs. You gotta work the legs.
Speaker 2: But Johnny C told me that he listens to our podcast as he's working out Tuesday and Thursday morning. So Johnny, if you're listening to this, don't skip those squads, buddy, keep you No, he doesn't keep going as keep that ass firm, Johnny, do a couple more reps.
Speaker 1: You could bounce a quarter off of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you still bounce a quarter of Johnny? Or is it now just a penny?
Speaker 1: Solely?
Speaker 2: A penny will bounce.
Speaker 1: Alsoss. When I saw the pants drop, I thought clueless right away.
Speaker 2: What is it with the pants load thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is where it's a cultural thing. So in prison, they don't give you a belt, they don't give you shoelaces because they're afraid that people will hang themselves in their cells and stuff like that or use it as a weapon. Right, So you have a bunch of people in prison walking around with their pants sagging and their shoes not necessarily you know, flipping flip flopping off their feet. So when we did Clueless, this had been become a fashion statement in the inner city. So like a lot of youth in the inner city were wearing their pants sagging, just copying what they saw from the ogs, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean.
Speaker 1: And so this became this became a thing, and uh did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the FAD's gone away, right or no, do you still still see people doing it?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm an adult now, I still see it. I'm an adult now, I'm a grown man now. So I I prefer if you were to pick, I don't want to see your underwear. But when I was a youth, I was like, oh shit, this you know this is I did it all the time.
Speaker 2: So I know from an adult point of view though, it's a pretty ridiculous style.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But you have to be an adult to be like, I don't like that style, of course, But a kid, you're like, look at all the OG's did it?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like you did it, of course, And I'm sure that I subscribe to some style that I would think is ridiculous. Now very low V.
Speaker 1: Nex dude, I've seen you with your pants sagging low too.
Speaker 2: So you can't not like your character did in this show.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: Well, no, not like that, but I've seen it.
Speaker 2: But I had some embarrassingly low V necks, did you really? Yeah, I went through a low V neck phase.
Speaker 1: You like a V neck, dide you?
Speaker 2: Well, now you can't because there's certain things that I used to do. A cargo shorts, I guess are done. My girlfriend said, no way to you, fucking can I wear those cargo shorts?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: When I wear cargo shorts when I go to play golf. That's it.
Speaker 2: I think most women, and Joelle, if you wouldn't mind speaking on behalf of all women in the world are pretty? Are pretty over cargo shorts?
Speaker 1: They're not. They're not attractive on anybody.
Speaker 2: So yo, daggy leg.
Speaker 1: This is when you knew cargo shorts was a wrap. When Adam Sandler stopped wearing cargo shorts, you knew. Okay, I guess cargo shorts is over.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny, it was for years. It was like, I don't know if the Grip and Electric guys are still wearing them, but that was the go to uniform, was cargo shorts, right, even in freezing weather. Yeah. And I had a bunch of them, and I recently tried to pull out a bunch and h and showed Flow and she said, you have to take those off immediately.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I agree, So they're done. But I can't get I can't throw them away. I feel, do you have stuff in your closet you cannot wear anymore? But well, obviously we're looking at your closet, but you cannot wear anymore. You're like, I can't wear those anymore, but you just can't throw them away. You have nostalgia for them.
Speaker 1: They might come back too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll be I'll be fucking locked and loaded when cargo shorts come back. All right, do we need to take a break, Joel or what We're gonna take a break, and when we come back, we're gonna have a fan caller. Enjoy these beautiful words.
Speaker 1: Dude, you can make that.
Speaker 2: We used to Donald and I used to make this noise whenever Sarah was like it was like late and we were all going stir crazy, we'd go and it would crack. It would crack her up, and no one could hear it, Like the director or the producer of Randall, no one could hear that we were doing it. And she'd be like, stop doing that, and she'd be cracking out.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about.
Speaker 2: We'd be like, Sarah, everyone's tired, they want to go home. Stop sucking up. And then she start her line and we go, oh, I missed that crazy girl.
Speaker 4: She's coming.
Speaker 2: She's coming on when when Joelle Friday right, Friday's Christa, oh yeah, next week, we got up. We got uh Sarah Chalk the legendary Canadian. All right, BJ Mendelsh Okay.
Speaker 1: Before we get into BJ Mendelssohn, I'm just gonna say this out loud. A lot of people are getting pissed off at my Oprah ship. Why because some people are mad that I'm saying doing the Oprah stuff now.
Speaker 2: Funk that you're reading too many comments.
Speaker 1: Dude, I know I told you in the beginning of a shit you're doing two deep of dives.
Speaker 2: You're doing two deep dives. I engage with a little, I engage a little, especially with the nice people, and then you just dismount. You're like, you're like getting in your head. Oh, your Oprah voice is one of the reasons I come to work every day.
Speaker 1: Well, in that case, give it up for Bj Mendelssigny.
Speaker 4: I didn't know this was gonna be like a video thing, so I'm like wearing my trash your shirt.
Speaker 2: You look great. We're gonna apologize to our listeners that BJ doesn't have the ideal the ideal setup because he has a microphone that's a little wacky. But we're gonna fix it in post. Are you a dan?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 1: That's what that is?
Speaker 2: What do you play? What do you play?
Speaker 4: Bad God? I'm embarrassed to say Fortnite and I can tell you it was my nieces and nephew. That that got me into it because I.
Speaker 1: Ask you a question. Do you default dance?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you use Donald's sunt dance?
Speaker 1: That's the default dance?
Speaker 4: Okay? Sorry?
Speaker 2: Now, now why are you embarrassed? B I don't really know much about gaming these days. Is this Fortnite just meant for children?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Then why is he embarrassed about it?
Speaker 1: Because I've made a big stink about how much I do not like Fortnite because they stole my dance. But I don't give a ship. To be honest with you, I'm very, very very I'm very very happy that they stole my dance.
Speaker 2: I think you were I think you were misquoted when you caused a little controversy. You were sort of joke. You were sort of joking. And then there were people who were like, if they take off that dance because of you, fuck you dude.
Speaker 1: They was I I've never had more twelve year old boys mad at me in my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, well you threatened to take away their dance.
Speaker 1: I didn't threaten. All I did was said. All I did was say, you know, they jacked it, and then out of nowhere, like it was a bunch of kids like fuck you. You has been it's because nobody watches your shit anymore. You suck anyway. It's because you didn't get any money making scrubs. You didn't get any money making.
Speaker 2: They got They got all riled up because you made a joke about the Fortnite dance.
Speaker 1: And I'm fine with that, you know what I mean. And and I'm fine with it being the default dance.
Speaker 2: What are the other dances that DJ could use?
Speaker 1: Well, there's the backpack Kids one where it's like, oh yeah, backpack kid, and then you need to pay more money for that.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know if that's something you want locking on. I'm still new to it.
Speaker 1: I am still like, as long as you do the Turk dance, it's all good.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you find yourself djal in Fortnite? Do you talk to other people?
Speaker 4: No? I try not to. That was my big thing was I'm kind of just you know, I'm an author, so I don't socialize well with others. So playing like these online games where people are talking shit to you is like a new experience for me, especially when you're thirty seven and have never played these things in your life.
Speaker 2: So do you do you choose to not engage with angry twelve year olds? I try not to. Okay, it's probably good, it's probably good. I think I would get upset, and I think personally if I did, i'd if somebody was like, fuck your mother, and I was like, whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm just trying to fucking save the world here, everybody comment right.
Speaker 1: Exactly the worst thing in the world to hear a kid yelling at you trash.
Speaker 2: PEV pe me, peev, pay.
Speaker 1: Me, payv pay me?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: PvP me like play me, like versus just on one. Okay, play your first player BJ.
Speaker 2: Do you play any other games besides Fortninite?
Speaker 4: Or is this year right now? It's File Fantasy seven?
Speaker 1: Oh you're a role player? Hold on, I did you play Dungeon and Dragons grown up?
Speaker 4: No? I was in Magic the Gathering Kids, same shiit, same shit. Yeah, it is it's true.
Speaker 1: That's cards though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that difference.
Speaker 2: Got very addicted to the Star Wars role playing game. Donal What was that when you?
Speaker 4: I remember that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? When I was it was the Star Wars game. I don't remember what it was called, but there were a bunch of different ones. I even DMD it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Jedi Fallen Order, Donald is no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Jedi Fallen Order is a video game. We used to play it like it was Dungeons and Dragon.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, that's not what I mean. Okay, but I'm talking about in our adulthood during the time of Scrubs, you were playing.
Speaker 1: A Star Wars Galaxies. Yeah, Star Wars Galaxies when that came out. I remember that game. I wish they didn't cancel it because look, it started off just as a role playing game that you would play on different planets, and then they introduced being able to fly in ships, right, And I remember at one point I got to talk to one of the head developers of the game, and I was like, you should make it so that you could jump in ships on the ground and fly in atmosphere and then from atmosphere take it to space. And then the game freaking failed eventually.
Speaker 2: But how can a Star Wars game fail? It just doesn't seem like it's possible it.
Speaker 1: You know, you change it enough times and then people lose interest. You know. What happens is is that it starts off and it's pure and then you start adding things. And once you start adding things, you know, people lose interest after a while, you know. Perfect example, George Lucas with the original series, with the original trilogy, it was you know, it was shot a certain way and he wasn't happy with it, so he started adding things, and the more he added, it seemed like the more fans were like, I don't like that. I don't like that. You don't need to add now. For me, I like the adding. I liked that he added things because it made it cleaner, and it made it faster, and it made it you know, if you watch the original or New Hope, it's not as the special effects in it aren't as glorious as they are now when you watch it on Disney. Plus that being said, there are a lot of people that don't like that, do not like him going and retouching. I for one, do like the retouch I think I think there are certain movies that still like. People got mad when they retouched et you know what I mean. I, for one, wasn't that mad at it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be honest, all right, Well, we should probably ask BJ some of his thoughts.
Speaker 4: This is a rarity. I usually everyone I encounter hates the touch ups to the original trilogy. I don't mind them at all. The only one that I freak out about is the one everyone freaks out about with Grito's shooting first.
Speaker 2: Right, that's bullshit, come on, yeah right, like that's the old the rest of it.
Speaker 4: I really I remember getting in line at the theater when they really at least because for me, I wasn't old enough pretty original Star Wars.
Speaker 1: So when they you're pretty close to it though, right, you said your thirties, I just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just turned thirty seven, so nine years younger than us or so.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So my like, my first Star Wars is The Phantom Menace, which is I'm ashamed to say that loud.
Speaker 1: Dude, you shouldn't be because the Phantom Menace has new energy behind it thanks to Dave Filoni.
Speaker 4: But okay, true, true, and plus it had the great odd Racing End sixty four game, right, which was amazing. But I liked all the touch ups at the ad because to me, it was like, all right, it looks like everything else. Because when I remember watching on VHS, I kind of fell asleep, right because it didn't look you know, when I was little, it didn't look as crisp as some of the other things that I was used to seeing at that age.
Speaker 2: Right, where do you live, BJ, I'm.
Speaker 4: Up in Monroe, New York, which is if anyone knows where Woodberry Commons is, it's a large tourist trap.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're a writer, are you? Are you a novelist?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So I'm the author of a book called Social Media's Bullshit. Ah, I wrote didn't playing twelve, so I was a little ahead of its time. I'm happy to give it away for free if anyone wants a free copy. All the up, dude is just hit me up on Twitter. It's like I said, it's an older book.
Speaker 2: Ironically, they're gonna have to hit you up on social media.
Speaker 4: Right. So that was the thing that was the thing that I got a lot when it came out, was it was like, oh, hey, well, you know you've got this big presence on Twitter, but you social media's bullshit? And when I said, people was it not the tools? That's how you use it, and that's the part that where you run into all this bullshit.
Speaker 1: Bid Jay, I feel like you'd be a guest that we could just talk to for hours about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as long as you guys don't go down the Star Wars read every fucking five minutes. Because I see I see Joelle like nodding again, like she's like as though she's yelling preach when you guys start to talk. So yeah, she's got her hand up in the air like you preach. I gotta tell you, I gotta tell you for they it's scrubgure. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Please, I have never felt so old and now yo, knowing that you guys older and I am, I can only mention how you get feel. I was pitching this TV show and I can't, you know, can't say too much about it.
Speaker 2: But what I can't say is that it's about the six million dollars man, because we just pitched it live on this show. So don't steal that, all right, get.
Speaker 4: It totally should be. It totally should be. That it's due for a remake, although with inflation, I think you might have to adjust it slightly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we said that. We said you wouldn't get very farward rebuilding him for six maybe his feet, yeah, you would get the feet maybe like the decaps. He would just fall over a lot.
Speaker 4: So but this kid, the kid, the kid that would start in the show is only like twenty and twenty one, and so as I was going through it with him and explaining, like the look and it feels like, you know, it's a lot like Scrub season one and Scrub season eight, where it's a little goofy, but it's also got like a little bit of darkness to it. And he was humoring me. He's like, oh, yeah, yeah, I remember Scrubs. And then like got off the phone and producer cls and went back and he's like, he has no idea what the fuck Scrubs it? Like, what's like what Scrubs was on?
Speaker 1: He was maybe two, And for me, is this kid a successful actor?
Speaker 4: He is a successful TikTok star? Oh wow, yeah right, Like yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Way, Donald, if TikTok was out when when you were young, you would have been a TikTok stock because.
Speaker 1: You would have been TikTok.
Speaker 2: No, but I can't dance like you can do those moves, dude.
Speaker 1: No, but you would have figured out a way to freaking look, man, you did Garden State. You would have figured out a way to make a fucking movie on TikTok that everybody loved, even if it was like you know, only however long TikTok allows it, you would have figured out a way. You're a very bright boy, Thank you very bright.
Speaker 2: You do you ever see that video of the girl on TikTok and was like vent viral. She's sobbing, but she's still doing her TikTok dance in some comedian I forgot. I don't know who it was, but they were like, maybe maybe wait until you're done with your breakdown, until you to do the dance. But she's trying to make a point that like I'm still gonna dance through this sad moment, and she's doing all the choreography, but she's bawling.
Speaker 1: I've never seen this.
Speaker 2: Have you got a BJ Have you seen that I have?
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you I tried like hell to avoid TikTok and snapchat, but it's the nephews. You know, they're that age group where that's all they're on.
Speaker 2: So I don't even look at that.
Speaker 1: My daughter, that's all she watches. My daughter, not my not my not my five year old, but my twenty one year old just walks through the house dead. You gotta check this out, and it's nothing but TikTok. Ship like it's so much. I would get my daughter up, my five year old up here right now. But my twenty one year old daughter has corrupted Kanya has corrupted Wilder so much that Wilder is now doing the Savage challenge. I'm a savage, classy bougie ratchet it.
Speaker 2: Can you get her up here? We got to hear it.
Speaker 4: Hold up.
Speaker 2: That Wilder, this is this might be worth it. BJ You're about to get a special.
Speaker 4: So it's good.
Speaker 2: She's warming up because she used to she used to know. She used to not perform on cue. But we're we're gonna turn her into a We're gonna turn her into a child actress. If it's the death of us.
Speaker 4: That's that's fantastic. I have to tell you so, just real quick. The Garden State soundtrack for my college radio station was all that they would play when it came out, so I just I would I feel obligated to share that with you. Oh, thank you, wait for tell to come back.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was Donald jokes that I want to Grammy for a mixtape, but he's right. It was just the music I was, me and my friends were listening to, and it felt really appropriate. For the for the era that the film was about, and then uh, with the help of my editor Myron Kirstein. He really gets all the credit for putting them in the right spots. He I made. I just made a giant playlist, and then I'd let him go attack some scenes and then he'd come back and he'd go, Dude, I've just put the Paul Simon song on this moment, and you got to see it. And I would watch it and get goosebumps uping down my arms, like, yeah, we're never gonna be able to get that song. But that's a keeper.
Speaker 4: Oh here she is.
Speaker 2: There's Racoh, there's Roco.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 2: Come on, all right, all right, Wilder perform.
Speaker 1: Back up, back up, back up, back up. You don't need the music, you're just doing it without the music.
Speaker 2: Ready, all right?
Speaker 1: Go five, six, seven eight.
Speaker 6: I'm savash, cassy, who's ratchet, sassy, nasty, hackinghan, I'm.
Speaker 2: Savash thunderous applause, dam.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Okay, so now I got Look, I'm gonna show you who's all in here. Now. I got the whole family in here, just to see hurt.
Speaker 2: Everybody's here. I'm okay rock okay, all right, all right, get him out, pull him out.
Speaker 1: Back to the bouncy you guys wet this whole room up. Huh.
Speaker 2: Back to the bouncy castle.
Speaker 1: They're there there.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know this song, but it doesn't seem that it's necessarily appropriate for a five year old to sing one of the.
Speaker 1: Lyrics twenty one year old, who's who's watching TikTok like twenty four to seven and so because.
Speaker 2: Of that, But can you talk me through the lyrics of this this song?
Speaker 1: It's it's Meg the Stallion, right, and she now has a remix with her and Beyonce. Okay, baonce as how would say?
Speaker 2: Rest in peace my father?
Speaker 1: And uh the chorus is I'm a savage. Uh uh? What is it? I'm a savage? See classy bougie ratchet? Uh?
Speaker 2: Now what does ratchet mean?
Speaker 1: Ratchet is like when you're like, that's ratchet, You're ratchet? Isn't necessary?
Speaker 2: Joelle is typing out the lyrics for you. Donald say naddy.
Speaker 1: Nasty, moody, nasty, act think stupid?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel about my little goddaughter saying sassy, maddy.
Speaker 1: Nasty, moody, moody, moody.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, well it's Joelle's typo, not mine. I thought maddy was a new word.
Speaker 1: No moody, sassy, moody, ratchet, no acting stupid, what's happening.
Speaker 2: Savage, classy, bougie ratchet.
Speaker 1: DJ's like, what did I get into?
Speaker 2: This is like we forgot about question?
Speaker 4: This is exactly what I'm going through right now. Like, so we hit this song well life Olivia, she's five, is really into it, and you know, the lyrics are probably not terribly appropriate for a five year old, so we had to like immend it and say no, no, this song is called a Little Light. So I know this whole thing very well.
Speaker 1: Like, BJ, are there any questions you want to J?
Speaker 2: Do you have any questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I don't know where to start because just to give people contact, Yeah, it's it's I've got the fan going so hopefully you guys can't hear it too much.
Speaker 2: I can't feel the fan, PJ. Can you turn it a little towards.
Speaker 4: So it's just just for context. So going through, Uh so I used to be married and going through we got married, just as the recession started, So we didn't have a lot of stuff, but we did have Scrubs dvidews, so that was pretty much we would watch Did you give him or her?
Speaker 2: When in the breakup? Did you give him or her? Season nine?
Speaker 4: Uh? I actually like season nine Donald, you do okay? I can't sell you my attentionent Uh, I think it all okay. Great. So I know this has been said elsewhere by other people, like had it had a different title, it would have been been successful. But I think because it was still could Scrubs.
Speaker 2: Should have been called Dave Franco. Yeah, there was a little too much Dave Ranco Donald as Screech.
Speaker 1: Right, But I like it.
Speaker 4: It's very solid. You know, the show up really well. Season nine holds up. I feel pretty well. Did. There is probably a little too much Dave Franco for me. He was like to me, it's more like annoying character. He was not right right, But so to me, like the big question I feel like is how do you think the show has has held up? Because today the episode that we were going to talk about, there's a whole sequence with doctor Cox and the and the doctor, the young doctor, and I feel like today I don't know if you'd be able to do that story.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you know, there are a lot of things that don't necessarily uh hold up with what's going on today with the show. You know, Cox calling j D a girl's name all the time might be you know, offensive to some Yeah, you could catch offense to that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Zach and I had a conversation about that. We were like, you know what, we know where the show has its moments where we're like, oh boy, but maybe you know, if we're if everybody's true fans of the show and was watching it back then and doesn't have a problem didn't have a problem with it back then, I don't necessarily think it behooves us to continue to talk about what, you know, the past. You know, it was made at a certain time, you know what I mean. I don't know how to I don't know.
Speaker 2: But but to your point, I don't know that. Uh again, who knows that someone might find offense to doctor Cox flirting with a coworker, I don't know. I think it was done in a pretty uh clearly consensual way. She was flirting right back with him, and.
Speaker 1: Well, and Turkey says, Turke even says, you know this is highly inappropriate and you shouldn't be doing this. And you know better than this doctor Cox and it and and to the and to his intern. And if you're supposed to say anything to you're supposed to be uh worshiping me and you know the knowledge I have and not chape being love struck with this, you know, senior resident in the hospital.
Speaker 2: For what it's worth. He then doesn't have uh courage or or whatever. And he's still obsessed with Judy, I guess. And he walks off and that she that shows up at his door. Do you remember that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he I think he told I think PJ totally gets it.
Speaker 2: But now I'm saying it to you. She she's the she becomes the aggressor. And then he gets up and says something no man would ever say to a woman. He says, uh, I'm using you to get past another person. That was fucking nuts that any human being would say that to someone. But then she's like, I don't care, let's hook up.
Speaker 1: That's not why I'm here, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My whole deal is, you know, you have to look at things with the time that they were produced. Uh, And that doesn't excuse like like really agregious stuff. We had a title come out of Cereal Boxes recently called Knox, which deals with a lot of the HP Lovecraft U you know, like the dark and mysterious tentacles and enemies from other dimensions. And so the way I describe it to people is, you know, it's HP Lovecraft about any of the anti Semitism, like it's taking, it's taking like the best parts of it. And so yo, if you look at his stuff in that context, you can't excuse like the bladant bigotry.
Speaker 2: That's, well, you're you're you said, you're an LGBTQ activist. So there's plenty of stuff that I imagine some would find offensive. In nine years of this show, the calling of JD this sort of it was considered derogatory to be called a girl's name. I mean, how does how does something like that?
Speaker 4: I thought that held up to me. I thought that held because it's within the character that it works. That makes sense that he it's just the characters Dead said on belittling JD in any way that he can and.
Speaker 2: In his mind, in Cox' mind, that was belittling.
Speaker 4: Exactly, and was it It didn't come off as like malicious in that he meant it as a anti gy sler, like he just meant it as this I'm just gonna chip you down. I'm just gonna keep chipping away too. So I think it really comes from the character. And as long as the character isn't like blatantly racist or something, which is the case at the Coxes, and it's fine. I know that I know that there's there's certainly people that would be offended by it, and I understand that. But to me, as long as it fits with the nature of the character, you think it's okay. All right, all right?
Speaker 2: Do you have another question for the legendary Donald Faison or Zach braf sassy bougie Ratchet. What's happening Mahdi?
Speaker 1: You sound like you sound like Rocco. So Rocco doesn't like the song at all because he doesn't like to dance or anything like that. Right, so he'll be like, I'm a savage ratchet acid dookie.
Speaker 2: Rockets at a stage where if you just want to savage to something, say poopy or coca.
Speaker 1: Right cock anything. Any He sometimes, look, man, you've you've heard my son. I've taught him some words that I'm I should never have taught him.
Speaker 2: Man, it's like a parrot. You never want to teach a parrot curse.
Speaker 1: I taught him some words, and now I'm like, I should have never done it, And when he goes back to school, I'm so worried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, for now it's your problem. Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So you mentioned in the Doors that did they get season nine? I was actually gonna give them season seven for the writer's strike, And I was just always fascinated by the whole thing with you guys having to stop mid season and just trying to adjust that. I don't remember. Maybe you guys can provide the context of that. So the season shut down and then you had to go back and finish the episodes. Was that sort of the deal on that.
Speaker 2: I don't really remember. I know that I know that Hollywood was shut down for the writer's strike and we didn't work. Then we went back. Why are you saying that you can notice a difference in the in the quality because of that crazy time.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think that if those episodes were done in any other context, they would have been great. But there's something that feels off to them as you're watching them that could just be going in with the context of oh, this was done when the writers weren't there, or this was sort of just done under.
Speaker 2: Well, nothing would be done without the writers being there.
Speaker 1: You know, this is a this is a really good bill.
Speaker 2: Oh great, we can do our ask Bill.
Speaker 1: This is a really good bill. Question.
Speaker 2: So, BJ why don't you direct it directly to Bill Lawrence, the show's creator. You asked him. It's a good question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Bill, a season seven, if you had to do over, would you feel that it would come out differently? And then the way it did being produced the writer strike. I think that's a good way.
Speaker 2: That that is good and then Bill will will Bill answer it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Knowing Bill, knowing Bill, he'll answer the He'll start with a joke, that's all. It's all. See if he does this, A'll open with a joke. Then he'll give a very heartfelt, serious answer, and then he'll end by yelling five, six, seven, eight, we'll see, we'll see. I hope I do.
Speaker 5: I think Season seven would have been different without the right Yeah, because you got to remember, not only did the strike muck everything up so much so NBC even rejiggered the order of the episodes. I think they aired that Princess Bride homage like it was this show's finale, just in case it was the show's finale, when it wasn't supposed to. I mean, we were heading the finale was always going to be that end of season eight episode that was already written in my head, and uh, we just never got to do it that year. It was such a drag. Also, you got to remember, man, during that whole lead up to the strike, it was such a weird writer's room because we were all hustling and worried about losing our jobs and worried about not working and all that stuff. So it was definitely screwed up on one of them on record that I didn't do the number Q for the song because it'll get stale if I do it too often. But I'm coming back with a vengeance.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember when the writer's strike happened, and I remember the one thing that I remembered the most about the writer's strike was thinking, holy cow, we're not going to work for a while, and does this mean this is the end of the show, because you know, at this point, you know, studios were studios weren't necessarily behind writers striking and everything like that, and I worried at that point, does this mean that Scrubs isn't coming back? Are you know? And I remember I remember marching with Bill all the way to Universal Studios.
Speaker 2: Now we all went and marched on the line with everybody.
Speaker 1: And thinking, is this something that the studio is going to look back at and be like, well, We're not going to bring back Scrubs because they were a part of the writer's strike. We're not going to bring back Brooklyn nine to nine because they were a part of the you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like now, by the way, you know, shows are dropping because of this because of COVID, and and Broadway shows are closed because of COVID because they because they know they can't.
Speaker 1: Right, Frozen is done because of COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and others and shows are getting canceled. Emergence a amazing show, Emergence starting.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if Emergents got canceled because of COVID or if Emergents got you know, ABC doesn't have to give a reason for why they canceled the show.
Speaker 2: Have you watched Emergence?
Speaker 4: I have, I didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't take for me a BJ You're done, No, I'm just joking, I'm just doing.
Speaker 4: It didn't take for me. I love the cast, great actors, great actors. Yeah, I find a lot of TV shows that come out of the broadcast that works that usually the cast is great, but for whatever reason, there's just something that doesn't click for.
Speaker 2: Me the way that well, I think what happens is that just sort of stereotypically there there's a lot of chefs in the kitchen on broadcast, and now more and more the showrunner and directors are given long leashes on streaming platforms and there's a voice to be had. They want a voice, was the voice behind the show. That's what they're interested in, especially all these sort of comedies we all love on on on things like you know, the perfect example is is Atlanta. For me, it's like so clearly someone's taste and voice.
Speaker 1: And that's hard to find on broadcast television, of.
Speaker 2: Course, because there's nine thousand people weighing in and it just becomes a fucking muddy stew Oh.
Speaker 4: I feel that way about Dave on fx X.
Speaker 2: You like it or you don't like it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh good good, I get a whole ad for Dave on here it's so good, Davids. I can't get Donald, who would love it more than any of us, to watch it, because he's too busy fucking doing whatever he's doing.
Speaker 1: I'm raising kids, yo, No, I'm raising kids.
Speaker 2: Go to sleep? And what time seven thirty?
Speaker 1: And then I want to go to bed, buddy, seven early?
Speaker 2: What time you get to bed? What time is lights out?
Speaker 1: Thirty?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you turn out your lights at eight thirty, eight.
Speaker 1: Thirty nine o'clock. I'm most likely on my way upstairs to go to sleep. Wow, it's crazy, dude. Listen man. As much as as much as I'm as, I'll tell you right now. I love my children. I love everything about being a dad and and all of that stuff. But I said it before. I miss waking up at noon and not having anything to do other than hang out with my wife. You know what I mean. I miss that shit.
Speaker 2: Every every week. Donald makes having children seem less and less appealing.
Speaker 1: Now now I don't want to go back to that. I don't want I don't want to. You know, the grass is always greener. I would prefer to wake my my son walking in my room at five thirty in the morning every day, saying can I have cinnamon toast crunch. I prefer that over.
Speaker 2: Freak being at Orlando Jones's pool till four.
Speaker 1: Morning, right exactly till four o'clock in the morning. But you know it's it's I do miss that moment in time where it was just I didn't have to worry about a lot of things, you know what I mean, And I worry about everything.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Well, you're in a new chapter of your lifetime. This is this is forty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and when I was a young dad, it seemed a lot easier. It seems way more difficult now. Man, I don't know bj you have kids.
Speaker 4: Right, No, I'm child free.
Speaker 2: He was talking about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love kids. I love that is more than anything in the world. I think kids are just the best.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: But for me, I decided, you know, I want to be inviting friendly and I know it's cookies, it sounds. So I took that, took that like produce your carbon footprint thing really seriously and just decided you had kids. I don't know what kind of world did would get into, so I signed out to do it. It's a little too deep.
Speaker 2: As you like fun, go out with one a happy question. Because we're going along, we wrap it up. Yes, you've been a great guest. I gotta say Donald hasn't been a great guest.
Speaker 1: BJ. I'm gonna be honest with you so far, favorite call in ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm gonna I'm gonna think for a second. Yeah, I think BJ is definitely top two or three.
Speaker 4: Two.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give the number one.
Speaker 2: You know what, No, before you give it to him, Before you give it to him, Let's see what the final question is.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, no, I thank you guys, because I, like I said, I spent uh craps on the time with the X watching you. So it was cool just being able to experience a few minutes hanging out. Uh So, my last question for you is the world where even like the most chriscopic shown, remember Get the movie. You've probably gotten this a lot, but do you envision a scenario where there might be more scrubs? And I know that it's such a fam boy question I asked, but I had to ask it.
Speaker 1: No, it's a great question.
Speaker 2: I think there's a world.
Speaker 1: It was we did the view today and Whoopy Goldberg said.
Speaker 2: You know Oscar nominee. Woopy Goldberg got Oh, he got winner.
Speaker 1: He got winner. Whoopy gold Sorry, she has the four of them together.
Speaker 2: I didn't know she was an e gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah she she she That's the reason she's got the Tony, the Emmy, the Grammy and the Oscar.
Speaker 2: What does she have an oscar for?
Speaker 1: Ghost?
Speaker 4: Color purple?
Speaker 2: Ghost ghosts?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, don't get us going on color purple.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 2: We did a whole episode. Listen, we love us some don't get don't, don't, don't, don't get good Donald doing Oprah's monologue again because she was Gideon for me.
Speaker 1: Like I grew up with her on the Next Generation. Yes, she was great on that too.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see her one woman Broadway show that you can know?
Speaker 1: That's what she won the Tony four?
Speaker 2: I think it was nineteen eighty five. It was Whoopy Goldberg's one woman Broadway show and she does all these characters, and I'm telling you find it. It is a fucking masterpiece.
Speaker 4: It's one of the she she is.
Speaker 1: She is by far like she is, she's better.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to diss the view, because the view is the view, and it's like the most popular daytime show. But I wish that Whoopy was still acting because she's so incredibly talented.
Speaker 1: She's one of the She's one in my opinion, she's one of the best ever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you made me want to go back and watch Star Trek the Next Generation now because I used to watch that show.
Speaker 1: Gat watching Donald, I did great.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the episode where Picard is being tortured and he's like.
Speaker 1: There four lights? Yeah by the borg is he being to the boy again?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Anyway, she was like Whoopee was like, look, I'm a huge fan. I was a huge fan of the show. I think y'all should make a Scrubs movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we talk about that, you know, because I point to psych who's now made two successful films, and it would be fun. I think it would be fun for us to all do something like that. We just have to get Disney to be into it and Bill Laurence to be into it, and I think it'll happen. They're the fans. The fans seem to really want it to happen.
Speaker 1: The fans wanted a rewatch show and they got that.
Speaker 2: So yes, we're getting the people what they want. DJ You've been an outstanding guest. You're Donald's favorite guest of all.
Speaker 1: Time favorite, calling Calling guests calling.
Speaker 2: Favorite Collin BJ. We had to qualify it and better.
Speaker 4: I have no doubt.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I think you asked smart questions. You seem like a very intelligent man. You gave a thoughtful discourse. What else Donald and he knew about Star Wars? Yeah, you know about Star Wars. That's why Donald likes you. And you had Well waving her hands like she was Sam preach in the background. Thanks for coming on, man, have a great day, stay safe.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you today, healthy brother and Donald.
Speaker 2: I think I successfully cheered you up. You started a little bit sour today, but I think that we really brought you around.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna tell you something, go ahead. It was a great distraction today, Man, it was a great distraction to sit here and talk with you today. I needed it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why we're here for the people.
Speaker 4: Donald.
Speaker 2: We didn't think that this would be a quarantine show, but since it is, we hope that we're helping you stop thinking about nonsense in your life for an hour and a half or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just on a personal level today, I was very, very very you know, and I'm going to go back into it after we after we wrapped the episode. But I was very very I don't know, I wasn't having a great day and melancholic. Yes, I was very melancholic. I the melancholy was if I could play a song, it would be a Josh Raiden song.
Speaker 4: Right now, I hear you.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Now you're gonna now that the episode's over and you've had so much fun, you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Go on something.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go out and play with the kids.
Speaker 2: You're gonna play with the kids on the water, the water bouncy house.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then and you're gonna say, and your daughter's gonna do sessy Maddy Nasty.
Speaker 1: She's gonna sing a little Meg the Stallion.
Speaker 2: And now I'm gonna say, this is how we do it. This has been Hi, doctors, real friends. We hope you had a great experience with us today. Follow Donald on Instagram. He's got envy of my followers.
Speaker 1: And I am an envious of your followers. Men, Listen, you have one point something milk.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't share them. It's not like monopoly where I can just give you some properties.
Speaker 1: Dude, you you talk your followers, Listen, just tell.
Speaker 2: Your come over to.
Speaker 1: Follow Donald's underscore Ason.
Speaker 2: That's probably why they can't find you. Got some weird spelling.
Speaker 1: I was trunk, Okay, the truth behind it. He's drunk. The day I created my inter my my Instra handle, Yeah, my handle, and I thought I was hitting F and I hit underscore.
Speaker 2: Kids, don't drink, create a handle.
Speaker 1: Or ason, or drink and create a handle. Who cares.
Speaker 2: We hope we left you happy. We hope you left you smiling. Thank you to BJ, Thank you to Joel, thank you to Dan, thank you to Will, Thank you to Will Pearson at iHeart and tell you what. Email us at scrubs iHeart gmail dot com. Joel will sift through your questions and see if you're as worthy as BJ was. Donald hit up with the.
Speaker 1: Numbers, ses I'm not show.
Speaker 2: We made about a bunch of docs and nurses and.
Speaker 1: Said here's the stories nets.
Speaker 3: So yet here yea