Speaker 1: Hello Internet, and welcome to this episode of Coach Trenda. Because Coach Ella is coming up, I guess next week, have no idea, but we'll talk about that in a second. Why you will, Coucherella is in. Do you remember that that was from the Office when Aaron said that, Remember when they were.
Speaker 2: Launching I actually I've only seen the British version, So you're a fucking freak. Really no, no, I've seen the whole thing. Don't fuck with me, man.
Speaker 1: Because yesterday we were talking about shit we were watching in the lockdowns, you mentioned the Office. I remember you said the Office as a thing, but I don't know if you were just saying that because it's a show people watch or because you actually watch it.
Speaker 2: I've seen the whole thing. I remember that being an instance of a show that a lot of people depended on because it was so safe, you know, because the Office it's it's sweet, you know what you're getting, It's very funny. But I think a lot of people rewatched The Office during during COVID.
Speaker 1: But do you okay, remember when they were launching that stupid pyramid like hand device, the iPad thing, and they needed they needed Aaron Ellie Kemper's character to kind of like be like a plant to talk of how cool the device was, and she goes, oh, man, the Couterrella. I can't wait to see Zoe Dusk channel at the Couchurella Music Festival. Still think about that one. Still think about that one. Great one. Anyway, I'm Miles, that's blake. But you knew that. Hello, Yeah, Hey, how you doing dam good? How are you? I'm doing pretty good, doing pretty good.
Speaker 2: I've going on today today. You know, got to pick.
Speaker 1: Up the old kid from daycare. You know, got to gotta make dinner.
Speaker 2: Seventy five year old child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, talking about my parents. Yeah, I gotta pick up daycare. And then I'm I'm actually making a fantastic split piece soup. Really, if if I must be fully transparent with what my fucking goings on are, by all means yes, oh man, because I got I had this left over. I got a smoked ham from blood Sos for Easter, and and then my dad is like vegan now, and he was like, oh I can't eat that, and I'm like what the fuck. So I had all this ham and I just went, dude, it's so easy. Just do you split peae dry? Split be so cheap? I just bought a bunch of split peas. Cook that hambone in there, do it nice and slow and a have a big big bull of split piece soup with hams.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love a soup. I love a soup.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know my wife loves split pee.
Speaker 1: Oh really.
Speaker 2: And it was one of those things in a relationship you think you know everything about another person and then like six years in I just saw her on the couch eating split piece soup. I'm like, what the fuck is that?
Speaker 1: What are you anti? No, you just know that.
Speaker 2: It was just new information.
Speaker 1: Wow Wow Wow Bay Producer Bay just said it sounds like we're all making split pea soup. Are you making split peach too? Split piece spoo spoop too?
Speaker 2: Are you split Is there dog splouting?
Speaker 1: Yo? Because I get it, Yo, Bay. Out of Easter ham too. That's just what happened, Like, that's really the time to do it, because everybody got out of this ham. The thing is honey baked. I did it during the holidays like a few years ago, and I had a honey baked. That shit just makes this soup too fucking sweet.
Speaker 2: It's so it's mostly sugar like the crust, Oh was a pek crust? Yeah, or a cinnabon. It's a cinnabon.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You will have some kind of like adverse health event if like you just ate a bunch of the outside of a honey baked ham skin.
Speaker 2: One of the dumbest things I've ever done in my life was we want it to do like this was like peak ish COVID maybe twenty twenty one and a Thanksgiving and we did like a big one like outside space or whatever. And I wanted to bring some shit. So I waited in a honey baked ham in Glendale.
Speaker 1: Perhaps now that there's one Glendale, there's one in Pasadena. There's there's like only a couple left in it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There. They are going extinct and we need to start breeding them. These honey baked Hams used to.
Speaker 1: Be one on the riverside in to Luca Lake too. Man, what happened that one? Anyway? What we're saying, so you were waiting for that, is it going anywhere?
Speaker 2: And uh yes, So I waited in line. Didn't really. I was so stressed to even be around anyone, Like I was wearing you know, like a helmet, all these masks, et cetera. And then didn't do the math of how much I couldn't comprehend how much X amount of pounds of turk, honey baked pam turkey was. I was like, oh, I'll get there's four people, I'll get like a pound of this of this turkey. And then it was mostly shook. To your point, it was mostly like a you know, the outer layer of a cinema. After turkey, you.
Speaker 1: Said, turkey, you gotta you got turkey from honey bake cam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's honey bake turkey. They have a honey bake though honey bake anything. Oh god, that's no honeyba anything. Wait, and you was one pound of turkey for four people. Uh. It turns out luckily most of them were vegan, I would say, or half we're vegan, so they couldn't have it anyway, A similar situation to your your father. But yeah, it is. It's delicious, but like I can't you can't throw that in a soup. You're correct, there'll be some sort of chemical breakdow no turn into fuel.
Speaker 1: That's just so. And also shout out to us because this is the longest we've had a preamble before getting into the trending stories. But then we're talking about soup and honey baked turkeys. But hey, that's just a glimpse into our lives. Okay, what other podcast are you can hear this kind of inane banter back and forth. Let's talk about what's trending though. Cash heist is trending in LA because apparently on Easter Sunday, when we were eating our hams, there was the apparently one of the largest, if not the largest cash heist in Los Angeles. Thirty million dollars was taken from businesses and I was like, wait, what the fuck? How is there even a thirty million dollar heights? It said operators of the business did not discover the massive left until they opened the vault Monday. Hopefully there was like a note that had like a middle finger drawn on it, you know, just to kind of give you that little brotions eleven vibe, and they said further this according to the LA Times. Further adding to the entry is that very few individuals would have known of the huge sums of cash being kept in that safe. The break in was described as elaborate and suggested an experienced crew who knew how to gain entry to a secure facility and go unnoticed. Yeah, that's typically how you would absconde with thirty million dollars. It's like a some fucking drugs.
Speaker 2: A bunch of loud, bumbling idiots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some drunk Just the timing was so good. The guy fell through the door right as the vault was closing, was in there with the cash. Somehow knew the magic fucking vocal password and opened the door and just left.
Speaker 2: It all worked out a bunch of lucky men and women. Yeah, stumbled through the bank.
Speaker 1: Stumbled through, pissed, drunk on easter. H But I was like, what kind of place is this? Apparently this is a I don't know what kind of business. I don't know how this works. This must be some kind of banking type facility. But it said it's a facility in Silmar shout out to the valley where cash from businesses across the region is handled and stored. So like, I know, like when I've worked at like a like a retail business, like sometimes you would go you would take your little cash bag, you would just take that to the bank, you know what I mean? Like if you had to take stuff from the till just to make a deposit, you'd bring that bag to the bank and then I don't know if there like a secondary holding place or is this some kind of other I don't know. It's hard for me to know, but shout out to those people that left with thirty million dollars a cash warehouse.
Speaker 2: It does seem like this has been handled to your point that there are institutions of finance that are built to hold this, Like can they not hold that much? This should have been looked into. This is their fault. I don't want to victim blame. I love, you know, the rich in corporations more than anyone else in the world.
Speaker 1: I mean, it could look obviously it could be small businesses too, but like so I'm not trying to you know, they never obviously trying to get your money. I don't know, but I'm more this just sort of of underscores my absolute ignorance around how money, physical money is placed where and why. I'm like, it's just like in some spot in Sillmar, like in my mind, grow up with the vound, Like fucking Silmar's over there. It's hot there. I got a fucking warehouse over there, but hey, the FBI are on the case. Go to the largest one. Prior to that, the largest heightschool was in nineteen ninety seven with a theft from of eighteen point nine million dollars from the former site of the dumb Bar armored facility, which makes sense. That's where the armored cars are at.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there was like another one where someone took a bunch of jewelry from a Brinks truck and they said there's maybe one hundred million in that, but it's hard to know. So anyway, if you know why these things are there, what are these banks or they're just like shady? Like is it shady or is it like where weed businesses like store their cash? Please help me, I'm trying to be informed.
Speaker 2: I like the idea with the Dunbar thig is that they just left all the valuables on the seat, you know, like, like you're right, is that two million dollars worth of cash just on the passenger side seat? I guess the glove compartment.
Speaker 1: Why are these Duffel bags unzipped just showing all the cash that's inside, and it's like labeled two million cash whatever, I'll take it. Other thing that's trending New York City's AI. Uh, they have a fucking chat bot because fucking sw We've talked about like the proliferation of chatbots and how local governments are like, yeah, man like, rather than have like a human being that understands like the nuances and the all the different intricacies of city policy, We'll just let this fucking thing, this thing you chat with that doesn't actually isn't intelligent. It's actually just really good at guessing the next word in a sequence of words game. We'll just have that takeover. And apparently this is what this is where it's funny. The chatbot is telling people that it's okay to break the law, which I think is pretty cool. It's just basically with suggesting things to people who are like asking questions. Said, it's you know, legally it's legal for an employer to fire a worker who complains about sexual harassment, doesn't disclose pregnancy, or refuses to cut their dreadlocks. They're like, yeah, just go ahead fire them, according to me chatbot, and those are for.
Speaker 2: The government, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Then. Also they are like two of the city's like signature waste initiatives. It also said no, that's fine. They said you could put trash in black garbage bags and you're not required to compost. That's apparently not true. And then like some of the answers were fucking really weird. Someone asked, what if is a restaurant allowed to serve cheese that's been nibbled on by a rodent? And the chatbot responded, quote, yes, you can still serve the cheese to customers if it has rat bites, just little rat bites.
Speaker 2: There is a qualifier there. I want to defend not to defend AI, but it said that it is important to assess the extent of the damage caused by the rat. So the rat just go ham on this cheese, right right, right?
Speaker 1: What happened? Little little little little rat bites? L rbs? Are we talking about b RB's big rat bites?
Speaker 2: Be right, rat?
Speaker 1: Be right, rat right rat rat? But yeah, again there's another one, like like somebody were like, you need to take this down and the city still has not taken it down. Yeah. It's just it's just so funny, like all of this shit, please everyone. When people start saying AI this and AI that, and chat GPT know that this thing is not actually it's not intelligent. It's just it's just using pattern recognition type shit basically to be like, yeah, I think this is what you want me to say, and I will come off as a thing that is speaking in full sentences that make sense. And it's just just a big hype.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of hype right now, too much. It basically is, chat pots are hold music until you inevitably have to get a human being into the chat to actually help you, because it just never it never helps. I've never been helped by a chat but I do ask very complicated questions.
Speaker 1: However, Yeah, and I did. I remember one time You're like, watch, let me show you how fucking stupid the FedEx chatpot is, and you kept asking it about like weird shit from your junior high like experiences. I'm like, how the fuck could anyone know this stuff?
Speaker 2: And I was like, when's my acne going to clear up? I kept asking it over and over again, when is my this It will proactive work on me in high school?
Speaker 1: It didn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't work at all. It was just wash your pillowcases.
Speaker 1: Man, proactive. Though everyone was on that, everyone those infomercials.
Speaker 2: They had some celebrities they had like Jessica Jestin the one celebrity. I have infinite amount of celebrities I could have mentioned, and I mentioned Jessica Chastain who was not famous.
Speaker 1: Yet, dude, Jennifer Love Hewitt. That's what Kelly Clarkson, Avril Levine, Lynn Lowhan, Alissa Mulano, Katie Perry, Jessica Simpson, It's Britney bitch, Kendall Jenner, Vanessa Williams, and I guess also who p did heikes? Anyway, uh So there's that next story. Though. John Hinckley, the guy who tried to kill Ronald Reagan, he's trending because he's out here being like, I'm a victim of canceled culture because his concerts keep getting canceled. And he says, this quote just keeps happening, and I'm used to it at this point. I mean again, he says, like, you know, the first time he tried to fucking do a concert like a too much, Like I'm like right after he got out of like supervised like supervised release from prison, and people are like, yeah, I don't know this, this might not be a good thing. The next one was that he's trying to do one that's like on the anniversary of his attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan, and then.
Speaker 2: Someone like a coincidence, that is a coincidence. Coincidence, that's a coincidence.
Speaker 1: But the tour is called never mind, Uh should have never missed or whatever it is. Maybe you should have had a higher caliber weapon. I think he used a twenty two or something. But he's now being like, it's all just like, this is what happens. Just because you tried to kill a president, nobody wants to have you. And now look I was I was released on the basis of insanity, but hey, I still want to get my message out there. We listened to a bit of his music m hm, and I would say, I don't know if it's because of that. I don't even think it's because of the Reagan stuff, dude. I think it's because he's just so you're just so good at music.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, you said bad? Yeah, okay, no, we need to have pre production meetings so we're on the same page.
Speaker 1: Well, the pre production meeting was you and I both listening to it, and I thought we came to the same conclusion. But I guess we didn't.
Speaker 2: I thought you were talking about something completely different.
Speaker 1: No, I said he needed to go back to jail because it's.
Speaker 2: No man, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no. He did his time. He did his time in trying. So let the guy tour, like, let the guy tour oj is doing his his things whatever. Whatever a prank show. He did have a prank show. He had a book. So what this art? What we have now is not an assess a failed assass fail we don't want to say failed, but a a missed, a missed man. And now he's an artist. So let the artist tour. And I think he got cancer, not canceled his gigs were his gigs were canceled, it seems in New York, Georgia, Chicago, and Virginia, which is a Those are some liberal cities, some not liberal cities. I think we can all. I think we can all agree he's he needs to do these gigs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I mean it's I don't know what they'd look like, but just hearing the recordings of them were fucking bone chilling, so like because they were just so bad, like the fucking weird effects you haven't. Y'all look for yourselves. Tell me if you think there would be Reagan Assassin has a shot.
Speaker 2: I'll give you his voice isn't that great. I'll give you that. The guitar work are the way the guitars recorded.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm on like at a youth praise service.
Speaker 2: Or something that's problem with the engineer. The engineer is a problem.
Speaker 1: He's or the engineer.
Speaker 2: Is the full staff that he's hired to help him with the tour.
Speaker 1: He's like, you're fucking boned me. Man. People are telling me this song sound like dog shit. Give you guys good fucking money. Oh man, all right, let's take it a quick break. We'll be right back to tell you what else is trending. And we're back. Bob Iger. He is trending on the tweeter because apparently he has proclaimed woke Disney is over. Disney was just in the news also like yesterday because like Iiger like fought and successfully defeated a fucking proxy war against activists. Share not because people were like, you need to do better as a company. It's because one guy was like, there's too many black people and women in Disney films and the company is not profitable, and that's who he basically had to fend off. Jesus, this guy that the the activist shareholder. What's his name, Pelts, Yeah, Nelson Peltz. I just wanted to just say, like, I have to bring up why this guy was trying to come at him. He said, why don't quote, why do I have to have a marvel that's all women? Why do I have to have a marvel?
Speaker 2: How single marveled are you?
Speaker 1: Why I have to have a marvel that's all women. Not that I have anything against women, but why do I have to do that? And then talking like and then he said, why can't I have marvels that are both? And then in reference to fucking black panther, why do I need an all black cast? Dude, shut your fucking mouth, and this is the kind of weird shit that again it's your ignorance that takes over the discussion. And then we just label things like just just general inclusivity, like, yeah, people that are not white also count for a large portion of the demographics in the country, you can also include them. It's not about all white CIS dudes.
Speaker 2: All the people I hang out with are like me, so why can't we put us in the movies, in one of these marvels.
Speaker 1: Please, I want to be a marvel.
Speaker 2: I could be a white panther.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that actually is so that came out of my mouth and just that sound scared me. I just scared myself. You saying you're a white panther. Just the phrase white panther is so scary. Oh yeah, I hope to god that's not a real group. Don't give, dude, don't give the alt right ideas, man, because I can just see like some white dudes wearing a white berets, white leather jackets, and we're like, we're the white panthers.
Speaker 1: That's white power. Oh no, oh, go away, go away. But bob Iger bob ej As I like to say, ib I like to say it is a very French way, or just Obel Yije has said again, he's like, look, we're not well. Quote. I've always believed that we have a responsibility to do good in the world. But we know our job is not to advance any kind of agenda. For as long as I'm in the job, I'm going to continue to be guided by a sense of decency and respect and we'll always trust our instincts. But he did say He's like, yeah, but look, he said quote like when people talk about like yo, is it really like you're pushing agenda? He's like, no, I've used Black Panther as this is a quote from them. I've used Black Panther as a great example of that, just in terms of fostering acceptance or the movie Coco, which Pixar did about the Day of the Dead. I like being able to do that entertain and if you could infuse it with positive messages, have a good impact on the world, fantastic, But that should not be the objective. That's where I'm like, where are we going with this? This feels a little bit like does is this ominous or is it more like he's just trying to say the things that get these fucking ignorant people off his back because they've been on Disney shit for this whole time, like ever since, especially with the and say gay Bill and their and their opposition to it.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, yeah, sure, you know, the movie Black Panther finally gave you know, like black children like an actually like a superhero that they can relate to and actually make them become you know, like feel included and have representation in movies. But it also made one point three billion dollars. Yeah, so what are we really talking about here?
Speaker 1: What do we say? You can we care? I mean light Year? That thing bombed, and yeah, maybe I will, maybe I will blame the like the kiss that was in that that people were fucking losing their same their shit over the same sex kiss that was in light Year, or like there was a non binary character and elemental but god, oh yeah, don't fucking succumb to these mobs. But again, what happens when you're a publicly traded company. It's a lot of a lot of forces acting on you. I just like this guy, why can't why can't there be a marvel that's not all the women? What do you fucking And.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything against broads women, but these marvels don't need to be so just they confuse me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're confusing and like you know, you know, black Panther, I get it, But you know, do you know who have to be everybody in it? Like what are you saying, Nelson? This is again shows you like the sort of mindset of a person that was like trying to be like and follow me into the right direction with this company, right, Disney seems to be doing fine with us. Added ignorance anyway, Another thing that's trending weed and feed because I guess. In a GQ interview, Danny McBride of Righteous Gempstones and Eastbound and Down Fame said that he hates like these modern have a meal while you watch a movie type theaters. Yeah, he said, quote I hate it. I can't stand it. I also don't think it makes sense to combine booze with movies. You're gonna have to piss. Does an alcohol make you want to get up and get loose? You don't want to sit there drink beer and just be quiet. I would have no interest in going to see a movie and just pounding IPA is just fucking falling asleep, which is true, Like if you anytime I've been to one of those, I'm definitely cannot have a lot of alcohol like it just it will make the movie boring to me, and I think I'll become impatient. And then the food if you eat too much. I remember, following one of my first dates with Her Majesty, we saw twenty two Jump Street in one of those places. Dude, I ate so much, I fucking fell asleep and like drank so much. I just fell asleep in the whole fucking movie. I didn't know what the fuck happened.
Speaker 2: And that's amazing. That's how charming you are, is that you were able to you still were able to make it work.
Speaker 1: You know charming. I was on that first date forgot my fucking wallet and I literally she I was like I invited her to there, and I'm like, let's go out. I get these tickets or whatever, and I pulled. Dude, we were about to pay the bill for the foot I was like, ah.
Speaker 2: Shit, doing that one the worst you said, like such a loser, You're You're not You're one of my favorite people in the world. And finally you're You're a majesty in your own right. But like it is like, okay, so this this pig invites me out to this thing and then gets gets himself to sleep and then oh, I can't find my wof shit.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna believe this. I fucking forgotten my wallet. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: It's it's the wrong activity. I think where I have certain shows and movies where alcohol does obviously messy up. So it's like, hey, we're going my wife and I we are going to watch this show that we would not watch sober. When we come home from dinner and drinks and then we feel like going to sleep. There's no overhead. It's just like, okay, turn it off, go right to bed. And yeah, I've ever I've tried drinking and reading before and just reading the same sentence over and over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're reading comprehension goes as shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like wait, who is this?
Speaker 1: Huh? Or like even listen to a podcast drunk. I've done that a few times and I'm like, dude, I don't know what the fuck just happened right now, Like you have to go thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: And also when you're listening to a podcast, I will like weeks later say oh, yeah, I had this conversation recently about and it's like, no, you didn't. You were drunk and you listen to a podcast.
Speaker 1: We're drunk and you're blasting I remember I was trying to go to sleep and you're like, no, no, listen to this part.
Speaker 2: It was an ad the Bills traded Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 1: What's going on, boy, going up Buffalo.
Speaker 2: What's going on is the eclipse?
Speaker 1: What Mitsubishi Eclips?
Speaker 2: Spider GT show you a path of totality.
Speaker 1: I swear to god, Oh man, I wanted to meet Subishi Eclips so fucking bad in the late nineties. I know there is still time. I think about that too, Like you know how like people like like these boomers and shit, they're like, yeah, man, always one of the fucking sixty five Mustang. Always wanted to fucking tea top, you know, like whatever. Talking about classic cars, I'm literally gonna be like, man, my first car was a ninety nine Honda Prelude. I just want to get back in that motherfucker, you know what I mean, just fucking feel it. The poor man's Ferrari is what they used to call that shit. Uh, that shit to fucking go.
Speaker 2: Man, we had I didn't own my own car. I actually have never owned. I didn't lease my own car until I moved to LA But my family had a Honda Element, you know, oh yeah, and I love and they don't make that anymore. So that's my Mustang, that's my Bronco. Before that, We're gonna hurt.
Speaker 1: It's so fucking weird. If the earth isn't completely obliterated or something, and we still have some money in our pockets, just being like, the fuck is wrong with these people? Also like gas, you know, that'll be the thing. Gas will be so fucking expensive it will be a flex to be like, yo, that my man in a two thousand and four Civic SI for real. Okay, baller, Okay, we see you. Oh But anyway, all that to say is Danny McBride, he was that whole story. He was pivoting to the fact that in talking to I think he was I think in the interview talking to what's his face, David No, you know, I keep fucking main collaborator, David Gordon Green. Yes, yes, anyway that they were saying, it's like weed and movies is the thing. That was the whole point. He said, move the booze and food. No, it's the weed and movies, said go together fucking perfectly, and just said he wanted to like, in this interview they're talking about a concept called green screen, where there would be a dispensary, and he said, if I went to a theater and it was like, here's a popcorn, here's a fucking weed, I feel like that would be an awesome little combo right there. And yeah, maybe, but you'd have to bring your own. That's what I think. I'm because look, I know you don't, like we were talking earlier, you don't do the weeds. God bless you keep yourself safe, you know what I mean for everybody. But the way if you go to a place that like is like selling you weed, it's usually the worst fucking quality and it's interesting marked up. Really, I think we just need to be able to like zone old movie theaters to be like, yeah, you can smoke in here if you want, Yeah, smoking here, fine, that's it. Just do that.
Speaker 2: That's that's smart because it makes sense where if it would almost I would. I've never drank at a movie theater, and boy would I if I had. I've actually, I'm sorry, I've never purchased alcohol at a movie theater. I've brought my own.
Speaker 1: I've snuff my own in fucking asshole. You're there, like, and for sir, what do you drinks? Water? Water?
Speaker 2: This is so bad. I had during Jojo Rabbit. There's like a very emotional scene in it, and I thought it was I was like I was drinking wine in the movie like I brought a bottle of wine my wife and I and I was it was just it was an emotional scene. I'm like, oh, yeah, it was red solving on Blake and that would be a light but yeah, true, true, very true, true. But yeah, I was drunk and like misinterpreted. I thought it was gonna be a misdirection of like, oh, this is gonna look sad, but it's actually funny, and then I just go ah, and it was actually an incredible sad moment, and I felt bad because I don't want to affect other people's enjoyment obviously of a movie. Hopefully that didn't, but with weed, I would imagine that. Yet, like if you go to a stadium, you're not generally getting the craft IPAs that maybe you drink, so yeah, it makes sense that you wouldn't get good weed offense. Yeah b yow makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. I mean, or maybe you fall asleep. I don't know, but anyway, I think I think it's uh, I think it could be. I keep saying this, we need to be able to smoke weed in movie theaters, dum, and not all of them, but just you know, have have like green screen events where it's like, you know what, it's got the little leaf next to it, you know what's up in there. Don't act like you're like it was so smoky in there, It's like, what the fuck did you think it was? Yeah, although that may fuck up the entire experience if everyone's just blowing fucking smoke into there, Like you just be like, the visibility is terrible in the fucking theater. Yeah, and we got to get to our last story, which is the reason for the title of this Coachella. It seems like they're a little desperate for people. I've just seen headline after headline about like all these things that are gonna be at Coachella, and like all these things that are like ways to check it out even if you can't get in. But then you look, the ticket sales have been the worst they've ever been in like ten years. Like it took the longest ever so usually the like in twenty twenty two when the festival returned after like pandemic lockdowns, both weekends sold out in forty minutes. This time, it took like a month for just one of the weekends to sell out, and like weekend two, apparently it's like wide open. I haven't been in eleven years. Maybe no, but how the mighty fall and the lineup looked terrible, so I can't really say that. But anyway, have you ever been to Cotel?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't. I did a I would do a prank each I would I say each year it was effective the first year or two where I would say that because like you said, it was the most coveted ticket in LA, it would sell out, oh immediately, yeah, And I would post the sell well. I would post on Facebook. Actually I would do it on Twitter too, and say like, I have an extra ticket I can't get I just can't get rid of it. Can someone please like take this ticket off my hands? And then people would start, like hundreds of people would start replying friends like people that I know, and then I would say I'm so sorry, like I'm having technical issues. I can't see anyone, like, I don't know if people are responding or not. I need I'm going to try this again. Can someone please? You know, like I'm on the hook for this. And it would drive people. I would get calls. People who I didn't even know had my number would call me. But I've never been do you think it's because I think the lineup each you know a billion times, you know more about music than I ever will. But it's it can't just be the lineup, right, Like you know, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the time people just do like like sometimes the lineups or secondary there's some people who just purely love the festival to go to the festival and just like you know, camp and do all that shit. For me, it's it was like I would only go if there was like it had to reach a sort of threshold of artists that I wanted to see. But uh yeah, I mean I did camping a couple of times. It was super gnarly. I like, you know, I only like to go number two in my own bathroom. So like when I were there, my body just went, you're not shitting for three days, and.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Then I would come home and you know, my mom would kick me out of the house because of what I did to the bathroom, and that would kind of be the weekend would be like when I was camping. And then other times you try and do the hotel thing. It's just so fucking expensive. It's just sort of like, yeah, is it worth paying upwards of like a thousand dollars all told with like food, drugs, drink, ticket and hotel. And now it's like even more. I mean like I didn't even adjust that figure for inflation. It's probably like fucking fifteen hundred. Now that's when you start being like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And it was a pain in the ass, not a constipation joke for you. And you were coming from LA and there's people who have to California is a huge state. Obviously they can populate the concert with just people from California, but they come from all over I think, I mean a ton. I don't think I'm breaking any news here, but like after COVID, I think so many people are like, I don't need to fucking do this, and a lot of people don't want to, even when the barrier to entry is very simple, like even if it was just incredibly expensive. You see people go to the super Bowl, you see people go to these big events. But to your point, this shouldn't the location of Coach Ella should not exist. It's it's it's like a fucking in and out or a parking lot or you know it just like a trader Joe's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a gigantic polo field that can turn into a fucking dust storm at a moment's notice. Yeah, but yeah again, like this is the thing. Look at the there's a lot of reporting on how or not reporting, just a lot of like press releases around. Just watch it on you. You can watch four stages at once if you want, But like, how the fuck are you gonna watch fourmut Like that's that's just that's not tenable for the human senses. Like sure, if you watch like sports are something that's purely visual that you don't need audio for, you can entertain multi watch, but four fucking concerts at one time. That's a bad fucking hook for you to be Like, yeah, man, check it out online. Man, you can watch four things at once, like no.
Speaker 2: No, and you're paying for all four yeah you know, like you're you're paying for you're not paying for one, Like you're paying to have access to all of them, but you can only watch one of them. Yeah, it's a bad deal.
Speaker 1: It's a bad deal. It's a bad deal, folks. Uh, just just watch it if you want. But the lineup again, not that great anyway, that's gonna do it for us? Wow, what a long episode. Thank you so much, Blake, it's great having you, stay talking to you. We'll be back tomorrow with a brand new episode, so until then, take care yourselves, take care of each other, get the vaccine two hundred and seventeen times like the German Man did, and don't do nothing white supremacy. We'll talk to you then. Bye. M