Speaker 1: Hope Springs Eternal, Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is leading Off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It's me, Joey Pa, Joe Pi's Apia with me. Today is Scott Bogman, and of course it's you, the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks. After a wonderful July fourth, hopefully everybody had a good time with their friends and family, or if you don't like your family, hopefully get you avoided them at all costs and instead just went out and did something fun. But again, we always come to you via the YouTube channel here, Fantasy Pros. Fantasy Pros MLB, make sure you subscribe. We got our videos back to I know it was sad, it was on vacation for a week. You know, we missed a couple of things. Don't worry. We're back on track now. The videos will be back. Don't worry. We got the waiver wire pickups, we got all the guys to add and drop, and of course all the trades to make. And Scott Bagman, I wouldn't trade you for anyone.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, we didn't miss you here. We were fine. We had a great Greek without you don't worry about us, Joe. We were perfectly fine here with that. You just leave if you want to leave, it's fine. We were fine. Okay, not passive aggressive at all. I mean that definitely doesn't see. I will say this though.
Speaker 1: You know what I like yesterday on the MLB games, I like the uh the stars and stripes hats that everybody was wearing. So those were weird hot design man.
Speaker 2: Okay, So do you know what they reminded me of? The sharks hound tooth hat? Of are the shark's tooth hat from the early nineties, the one that had like the logo and then you did as well.
Speaker 1: You just put house tooth and shark's tooth and made them one thing you pulled away.
Speaker 2: I mean, at least it was a cliche, but it was. It is two designs. I understand I messed up. But there was a shark's tooth hat in the early nineties that reminded me of that. So, okay, I'll have to try and find a picture and send it to you. I'm gonna I heard they were all up in arms though in Toronto about it. They didn't like these hats. They're like, well, why are you making us wear of these hats?
Speaker 1: So I get it. You know, they should have had a Canadian one. I mean that's pretty cool. I want maple leaves falling everywhere. I mean, come on, we can we can do some nice things. Yes, And there's Mike Mayer right on it with the Blue Jays before I can even say it, there he is, Yes, the curmudgeon himself. It must be hard to be a curmudgeon in your thirties, mayre, It must be hard. Let's get to some of the action from yesterday, shall we, And let's start with the headlines. The Cardinals and back to back to back to back to back, No, just just back to back to back to back home runs, the eleventh time in Major League history that's happened. The last team to do it was the White Sox against the Cardinals in twenty twenty. From five runs down, Jordan Alvarez, who you know, couldn't buy a home run for the week that I picked him on vacation, then gets a concussion and then comes back and decides he's going to hit a bunch of home runs. So last couple of days, so great, but good for him, I'm glad he's healthy, but a four hundred and forty four foot walk off not bad. Saya Suzuki made his return and had an in the park home run. That's always fun, isn't it bogs the inside the parking?
Speaker 2: Of course, Two league homers are fun. Man that they're fun to watch. It's fun to see somebody screw it up in the outfield, which is typically what happens on an inside the parker, and then just the panic in their face. That's a lot of fun to see.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's deflating for everybody at once. It's deflating for the entire defense, Like everyone's out there at one time. The pitcher's deflated because you know, he gave up a big hit to the outfield. The outfield, somebody made a bad throw somewhere, like something went to rye there.
Speaker 2: I went to the World Baseball Classic. I don't even remember what year, but it was USA versus Canada, and speaking of Canada, winning stubby clap sitting inside the park Grand Slam from the nine hole in Chase Field. It was embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yes, nice, I love a good stubby clap from the nine holes. One of my favorite things Oh the Dansby Swanson drives in three runs that win over the cards. We also had Byron bucks And homering and being part of a very fun triple play where the White Sox just kind of lost their mind on the bass pass had no idea what was going on, Like as if they thought that Byron Buckson couldn't get to that ball, Like do you not watch Barron bucks In play center field? Like you gotta kind of respect the dude a little bit more. But the best was I don't know if did you kill base I guess, but did you catch the loose on the look on Larus's face when Buckston caught the ball and then the whole thing happened.
Speaker 2: He thought he was sleeping.
Speaker 1: No, he was awake. He was somebody just they might have just woken him up. That That was the same look on his face that's just right afterwards. So that was pretty spectacular. Chris Taylor left with the swollen ankle Monday. He's being re evaluated today, so keep an eye on that. He should have been your lineups anyway, he's been dealing with that foot issue. Brian Bellow was going to make his uh major league debut Wednesday, for the bow Socks. We also had Mookie Betts starting at second base Monday, so that's always fun. Yahoo loves that. Now he'll start at second base for the next ten years. In terms of.
Speaker 2: LA he already qualified at second base.
Speaker 1: I mean, no big deal there.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Chris Bassett and the COVID nineteen is gonna be a long shot to pitch for this Thursday, So again, manage your rotations accordingly. And Jesse Winker starts a six game suspension for what was a fight that happened when I was on vacation. But that was one of the better fights.
Speaker 2: You know, me, that was a good fight. Tough guys.
Speaker 1: I hate the fake tough guys. If you're gonna go out there, you want to throw hands, throw hands, don't be a whish.
Speaker 2: Hey man, Anthony Rendel was ready to throw hands with one out there. I know, we like that, you know. But yeah, that was That was a crazy, fun, intense fight and lots of suspensions and they're you know, Winkers serving it now it makes sense, So yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a good one. And it's so nice to see all the peanuts and crackajacks, I say, j full medal. K is back. I'm glad he's feeling better and hanging out with us today. And yeah, we encourage you guys to watch the show, be part of it live. We're here every day at noon. We're gonna be here all season long, you know, and everybody else just stops MLB coverage, Fantasy pros not gonna leave you hanging here. We're going all way through to September like last year, because you know, we recognize that this is important to you guys, what you want. You're here for it, So why are we gonna stop doing it now? I might stop doing it because you know, they they tell me that there's only so many hours that I can be seen or heard, which is probably a good thing for the.
Speaker 2: One of the few people that does more podcasts than I do, one of the very few.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and very few. You and I are up there. There's there there are weeks where I would do like, how many shows you do twenty four? How mad you do twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the injuries. There's a lot of them. Tyler O'Neil hamstring is coming back from his injury. Two hits in triple A Kelly Jansen is expected to be back on the twelve, so at least we have a target date, so that's important. Wilson Contreras left the game with a tight hammy. This is not good though. You don't want any injury issues here if you're indeed fielding any offers in the next month. Here. For Contreras, this is an important one, so monitor that one. I don't think it's gonna change anything. Scott Servis, though, was optimistic that ty Frantz will be back this week, so that's a plus. Kevin Gossman still a little iffy with that ankle for his next start. Kimberrel expect to be back in a day or two, and the White Sox activated Liam Hendrix yesterday too, so that is also good news for the White Sox. Speaking of the White Sox bots, let me ask you this question. Do you think, now that we have passed the halfway point in the season officially, that the White Sox have a run in them? Because nothing's really quite gone right for an extended period for them. Is this the team that's laying in the weeds, not just from a wagering standpoint, but also from a fantasy standpoint. If they get healthy and finally get hot. Are the White Sox a team to start investing in here in the second half?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? I mean, you know, I believe the White Sox had the best odds to make it to the World Series in the Al going into the season. I think they were just like a little bit better than the Blue Jays, is what it was. And they're five and a half games back. They're two games below five five hundred right now, and the teams in front of them are the Guardians and the Twins. This is very doable. This isn't like, you know, being behind the Astros in the West, where they're thirteen and a half games up. That is doable, but it's nearly impossible. But that's doable too. But five and a half games, I mean that's you know, a good week that could that could absolutely happen very quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of agree with you. I mean, it was encouraging to see gie Alito have a good week because he's been dreadful for the last month, and so much so that I started to some guys I don't lose faith in, Like, I don't care. I'm just gonna leave him in my lineup with Gilito in the last couple of starts, like, oh man, maybe it's time to just benj him and wait a little bit. But I didn't, and I'm glad I didn't last week because it turned out better, So that's a positive. But still they need I feel like this is a team that's got all the right pieces, they just haven't all triggered at the same time. And as important as a good first half is, and the Yankees and the Mets and the Astros, a lot of teams, the Dodgers have had really good first halfs, that second half is almost more important because that's kind of the momentum into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still say the.
Speaker 1: White Sox, I agree with you that division is not like a world beater, tough division to get ahead, and I think maybe a little bit of a paper tiger syndrome at the top of it. Let's talk about this. This is from one of our writers, Austin Lowell, who has been on this picture for a while. I want to talk about this, and I'm talking about a Baltimore Orioles pitcher. I know, I know the ratings are going to go through the roof, but check this out. Tyler Wells Elray is down to three ZHO nine after six innings, one run, seven k's over the twins this week. Right era of five point five to four in April, followed by two ninety three in May, two forty two in June, and then the one start in July at one fifty. No one's talking about this guy, and I love it because we have such great writers here at Fantasy Pros who are tracking things and doing the news updates and writing the articles. Tyler Wells is kind of an interesting dude right now. That is only roster to believe this well in thirty percent of leagu'es box thirty percent of leagues. Are you somebody that would pick up Austin Lowell? I mean even just make him also like Tyler well I would pick up Aston Look at Boston Lowell for sure, that guy immediately. He's available in every league. I'm sorry, would you add Tyler Wells even though he's an oriole based on the e R numbers and what he could possibly help you in peripherals?
Speaker 2: Look, but see, here's the deal. Anytime you add a guy like this, if he starts to you know, if he starts giving up a bunch of runs against you just dump him. You know, this is uh, this is a practice guy. It's fine. This is the guy at the end of your bench. That's all that matters. So yeah, pick him up, ride the wave. You know, you look at his savant page. He's not really good at anything. He's kind of middling at everything. Is a low walk rate, that's nice. His k percentage is ugly, which is why he is not rostered in more places. So you know, uh, yeah, you pick up a guy like this right the waves and.
Speaker 1: Smelts right, smelters another one of these guys too from the Twins where you say, well, you know, the cave braid is what six per nine was like. That is not very thrilling. That's not usually the kind of picture I like. But you know, whenever you're trying to stream pictures, if it was Paul Blackburn for the first couple of months, I guess the question is as well as like been this guy that maybe nobody's realized that could be the next version of that, And then there'll be another one, probably in August September that you can stream or pick those matchups. Smeltzer wells, those kind of guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, your best case scenario is whatever it he figured out in the second month, that clicks and it stays through to the end of the season. Worst case scenario is you pick him up, it's your faulty sucks, and you dump him after two starts because he's terrible again because you added him, right that is, And that's kind of where I get to that point with those guys, is that you know, and this is what replacement level is is. You know, when a guy gets hurt and you're starting to churn that spot, that's why you churn it. You know, maybe it's a month, maybe it's two. Much this guy is great and then he starts to fall back. But however long it is, grab him, ride the wave and then find somebody else doing the same stuff.
Speaker 1: So again this is right from our writer here. Austin Lowell, who has his change up and slider have been nearly unhittable, rendering a one to ninety one batting average with a two to eighties slugging. Also, he's giving up just five runs over twenty six innings against the Yankees, Boston and Toronto. See that's always the thing, Like you look at those pitchers in you know, in that division, and you go, oh, man, do I want one of these low level pitchers on a low level team and a big time division. But that's that to me is most important. If you can hold your own at least give me a quality start in those matchups. I think Wells is going to be in the in the video and again at Austin Lowell wherever you can't too, because clearly he's doing good job for us. All right, let's get to next here, which is Julio Rodriguez is good at baseball. Julio Rodriguez fastest player in Major League Baseball history BOGS to get to fifteen plus OH runs and twenty steals in his first season. That's pretty astounding, don't you think, especially nowadays where nobody steals.
Speaker 2: Base it's pretty awesome. The Welsh listed off a tweet the other day that was comparing through eighty games him and Griffy and his numbers were better, which is just insanity, you know.
Speaker 1: Better in which way from the stolen bases or from just I.
Speaker 2: Think just like it was stolen bases. I think he had maybe one or two more homers. I think the batting average was close, but the slugging went to uh went to Julio for sure here and I got a buddy coming in at the end of the month here to visit on vacation. We're going to go see the Astros and Mariners play, so nice. Hopefully, just be healthy, Julio, that's all I asked, healthy, Be healthy for that, for that so I can watch you play. But yeah, man, he is he is something else right now. No one expected the stolen bases, like the fifteen homers not surprising. Decent batting average not surprising. The stolen bases kind of came out of nowhere. But this is you know, this is what I always say people. I don't think people think about this. The best instruction in baseball is still in the bigs, even though there's really good instruction at the lower levels. You want the players that you're investing hundreds of millions of dollars into to have the best instruction. So the best instructors are up in the big two, so you know, you learn something new.
Speaker 1: Is the only difference is there's pressure. That's why pressure to more pressure. Right, the instruction level is the best. Those those guys have those elite jobs is hitting coaches and pitching coaches for a reason. I've made a an It was an sat analogy basically, So Julia Rodriguez is to iPod as Jared Kalnick is to the Zoom. Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Say that accurate? Right now?
Speaker 1: Like that? That's my sat analogy for the day.
Speaker 2: I missed walmarting those kmart right there.
Speaker 1: Well, Kmart was very strong for many many years. Where's Kmar Now it's not around. It's not around now neither, but it had to run. At least it had a run. Just neither's Jared Kalnick. Well, kel Nick never had a run. You're right, that's what I mean. Okay, was glorious for many years. I remember was the Mars one.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Mars one? There going make a reality program and uh send eight people to Mars to colonize it and live there. Never happened, so I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: But but then there wasn't another show where they went to Jupiter and then it all took off and it was great, right.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, no one's ever done it before, so.
Speaker 1: It's got to be like a pro Like we were promised two things, and both of them were supposed to be amazing, and one of them did change our culture, and the other one became a punchline in Guardians of the Galaxy. I think that's the difference between those two things. The other question I have for you, Ken Julia Rodriguez, get to thirty thirty this year, because we're at the halfway mark. If you want to extrapolate, the stone bases are gonna be easy. It's the home run total. Can it be a rookie thirty thirty guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, he absolutely can be. I mean I don't know if he will, but it's one hundred percent in there. Look at his numbers right now. Yeah, I go on to you know, this is hitting homers that kind of a normal pace. You know, he's higher in the league, but he's not closed to judge or and after a.
Speaker 1: Terrible Jap he did nothing in April. You could just crumple up April. So this has all been May June pretty.
Speaker 2: Much right exactly. So for sure, Yeah, he can definitely get to thirty thirty that it would not be surprising.
Speaker 1: This excites me. I am excited here. I know Mike Marris very excited too, and he mayor is right. We do have some kmarts still in Jersey. By the way, we had one in my town here where I live up until about like six seven years ago, and it was very helpful to have something like that very close. You know, you don't have to go to Walmart. But eventually the Walmart, of course, did eat everything. Just like in south Park. It just consumes and consumes. Let's get to this day. In baseball, we had a lot of fun things. In nineteen ninety three, Ricky Henderson of the Athletics opened up both games of a doubleheader with a homer, first player to accomplish that feet in sixty years. In nineteen ninety eight, one Gonzalez became the second player the top one hundred RBI before the All Star Break, And I remember.
Speaker 2: And I remember that, remember that so clearly.
Speaker 1: Yes, Wan Gonzales is one of the great power hitting, slugging guys that we never talk about because we all just assumed there were special vitamins and we just we just brush him off. Holy crap, man, there was a window where wangan Zalas was unbelievably entertaining. Man, unbelieva.
Speaker 2: I remember, yeah, the one hundred RBI. I just remember looking and saying, he has eighty seven RBI right now, he's gonna have one hundred before the break. And then he did, and I if I'm remembering correctly, I feel like he got it in Camden. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I just I remember.
Speaker 1: Finished with like one was that one forty something? He finished like he didn't lit Yeah, might finished like sixty half or hammi or yeah, it's still Hank Greenberg. I believe that still has the record for RBI in a season, which is some ridiculous number which I don't even know. I don't even know how he could do that. Another fun one, nineteen ninety eight, Roger Clemens became the eleventh pitcher in baseball history to hit three thousand strikeout mark, and that was in ninety eight, So he did it on July five. However, that brings us to our trivia question of the day, which was on July fourth, two not one, but two Hall of Fame pitchers in different years recorded their three thousand strikeout. Now, both these guys are in the Hall of Fame. That's your clue. They did it on July fourth. What two pictures on July fourth got to that three thousandth mark in strikeouts? If you know, drop the answer in the chat. There you go, and we have the answer here. Wan Gonzalez one hundred and fifty seven is when he ended up with in one hundred and fifty four games.
Speaker 2: Not too The single season record is Jimmy Fox one hundred and sixty three in nineteen thirty three. I think that by.
Speaker 1: Two how Trotsky had won sixty two and Sammy Sosa no one. What's the Henk Greenberg record? He had some weird record. I thought, Henk Greenberg. I thought it was RBI. I guess maybe it's hits in a season. I'm not sure. No, that's not it's actually looks like No, there was one hundred and ninety one.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've typed in single season. It came up with these one sixties.
Speaker 1: It's Henk Greenberg a hundred and ninety one. That's it. Hack Wilson was one hundred and ninety one. Okay, Gerig was eighty five, had one eighty five, and.
Speaker 2: Green Break had one eighty four. Maybe those were in nineteen thirty nineteen thirty one. When does the like isn't there like some type of record, some line.
Speaker 1: I guess. But here's the most amazing thing. You're talking about guys in the one eighties and one hundred and fifty four games. That's pretty yeah. Wow, yeah, it was before the weight one hundred and sixty two. Roy Halladay is not the answer. By the way, we're looking for the Hall of Fame pitchers who went their three thousand strikeout mark on July fourth will.
Speaker 2: Come back one of those guys.
Speaker 1: Randy was not one of those guys. They're a little bit older, and they will say this. Both guys pitched for a very long time. Both went into their forties. That's my other clue. I'll give you bonus trivia. Billy Hamilton laid down the marlins first sacrifice bunt of the season Monday. There were two teams still without a sacrifice bunt this season. Both are in the National League. No one's gonna name them, I don't think, but this is just hilarious. So the Raves and the San Francisco Giants have not.
Speaker 2: It's so funny that as soon as the DH goes to the NL, he seems give up bunning. You know, I can't believe they're both in the NL, because my initial guess on that was the Tigers, just because aj Hinch is terrible and they've scored the fewest runs. And the Yankees because they just don't need to sacrifice spunts to just hit thingers.
Speaker 1: So Nolan Ryan is indeed one of the Andrews. Andrew Hey, Nolan Ryan throws in three thousand shrikeouts and the fourth of July almost too perfect, that's right. But he did it because he's Nolan Ryan. Now that's one of them. Can you name the other? No it's not Maddox, No, it's not Bob Gibson. So it's a guy who didn't If you think of Nolan Ryan on one end of the spectrum, this other picture definitely on the other end of the spectrum, but still very effective. He did it in nineteen eighty four. That's my last all look at that. Somebody got it. Somebody got it. Phil neicro There it is de Hood got it. Very nice, Phil Nekro, well done, July fourth strikeouts.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's get to the stat heroes from yesterday. Christian Javier fourteen strikeouts. Remember the beginning of the year when Christian Haavier was my favorite pitcher. Yep, Well he's been good, you know. He has more strikeouts than justin Verlander, but he's got less innings pitch this year.
Speaker 2: Did you know that's crazy?
Speaker 1: It is crazy and it's true. Franbervaldez six innings to earn, thirteen strikeouts for him. Robbie Ray twelve strikeouts. My favorite by Low from about a month ago. I help you watch that video and listened. Blake Snell twelve strike A lot of huge strikeout games. I don't know what everybody was hung.
Speaker 2: The weekend was crazy. Yeah, the wesend was crazy.
Speaker 1: It's like everyone's like nop screw contact just not a fan, not a fan. Spencer Streider threw a ball one hundred and seventy two miles an hour. He had eleven strikeouts as well. Seane McClanahan ten k's of his own, Charlie Morton had ten k's, George Kirby had nine k's, Clayton kershawd eight k's. Wow. Unbelievable. In these games and all collectively they gave up like negative earned runs. This crew hitters. Noan Aernado nine for seventeen over the holiday weekend with three dingers. CJ. Crohn got up to twenty. He's at three homers, nine ribies. Eduardo Escobar was red hot for the Mets, three homers, five for sixteen, flatty three eighteen with a dinger Dansby Swanson five hundred. He's been on a tear recently. Altuve had a home run eight for seventeen with Merrifield, hooray. Three steals six or fourteen. Last week we talked about it, Wit, Maryfield is in the top ten lowest ops for everyday players. That makes my heart like just sad.
Speaker 2: I don't like this.
Speaker 1: Well, I like this weekend though. This is a part of him turning it around, I think. So let's hope.
Speaker 2: So let's go cool quit, come on, Wit.
Speaker 1: Big second half baby, Ronald Acunia three steals of his own. Boy, oh boy. You know all those people who I'd love to see, all those just you know, those vanilla fantasy baseball analyst people out there who wrote miles and miles of pages about Ronald of coone had a knee injury, don't expect him a steel bases, blah blah blah blah blah. Like you know, that was probably every single person. I mean, but that's the logic. He has a knee injury, so why would they run him? You know it was. I kind of had that thing. Why because that's true, that is true, But.
Speaker 2: Who bases his first game back off? He did? After that, I was like, Okay, I think it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: So fine, But it was like the year that I remember Cam Newton got hurt one year and everyone's like, well, don't expect him to run anymore, and they ran for eight hundred yards next years. Like stop. When they're young, they don't care. You can't change the player when they're young. When they get to the thirties, then you can go. Listen, puddy, you got to back off a little bit. Yeah, I mean, and the other time, this is also a lesson about this a cl injury in baseball too, as opposed to you know, like a cl injuries ten years ago, very different than now. Royce lewis right, that was a cl there, I believe. Yeah, in dynasty leagues, I mean, that guy everywhere. I feel like he is a piece that's gonna end up somewhere else on another team. And the ACL injury should not scare anybody off. That's just my feeling. I'm curious what your thoughts are.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of injuries that should scare you off. I think shoulder for a picture, forearm, elbow for a picture. Other than that, I mean, there's not that many Achilles injuries in backs always scare me with hitters ones, Okay, that it makes sense.
Speaker 1: I remember Todd Helton when he started having back issues. It was like you just snapped your fingers. Man, it was like Infinity War. You just like it disappeared. And that. There was a couple guys like that. Keith Nandez was like that late in his career and he had back issues too. You was such a good hitter, but then once you can't rotate through you know, those back issues because it's all swing. You know. It's like golf is the same way. When Tiger Woods had back issues, he was never the same guy after that. Marcus Simeon, by the way, two home runs, also a guy. It's good to see Marcus Simeon, wit Merrifield all in the same spot.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the zeros. Here's everybody who sucked an egg. Hunter Green six earned runs, No Bueyo, Matthew Libator five earned runs, Torek Schouble five earned He's the story. People have been asking me, what do I do? Drek Scooble was so good for three months and then all of a sudden, Trek scoobl has hit a bad patch. People are asking me, do you drop him? I say no, just bench him. But do you buy low even in trades, or you just kind of wake this out? What do you do?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would buy low, but I would bench him and not drop him. I'm with you there for sure. So yeah, I think he can get it together. But he's kind of, you know, looking at a stack cast once again, this is middling. This is middling right here, he's not over mid one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that insult. It's one of my favorite new insults. You're so mid. It's a big MJF one.
Speaker 2: I think you're too old to say mid right now.
Speaker 1: That. Yeah, to make it work, to make it work, make it work for you guys.
Speaker 2: Remember when Grandpa Joe said mid, Wasn't that.
Speaker 1: Not only make it work, but I'm gonna ruin it for everybody else by saying, yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. Oh. Here are the lame hitters for the weekend. Mike Trout over eleven nine games, user gross, Javier baias I love that Christian Javier at fourteen strikeouts and Hobby Bayas had fourteen of them. No that he had also fourteen eight. But those are the two guys that I was like, you know, you plant your flag in the beginning of the season about players, right, this guy's gonna be a breakout guy. This guy's gonna be a bus We do a lot of that in the fantasy industry, and here we are at the midway point, and the midway point, it could not be clearer that Javier Bias has been an absolute unmitigated disaster in Detroit, YEP. And everything you could point to so easily. You know, we talked about the lazy fantasy analysis on Acuna, how about the easy shooting fish in a barrel analysis and Hobby bias that people just refuse to buy into. Just because I was one of.
Speaker 2: Those people, I always took. I always took Bias conditionally. But I did feel like he was falling too low. I'm like, yes, everyone expects regression. I didn't expect him to hit under my weight. You know that's terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I was waiting for you to make a bat like you could be batting champion. It hit my weight joke. That was the fish in a barrel joke.
Speaker 2: That usual short. I'm not sicking if I was six four and my weight. Yeah you win a batting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of the things I don't like about. Well she's too tall. Yeah that's five seven.
Speaker 2: Well you were like five nine five time I see him, he goes, did you get taller? And I'm like, no, you just picture me as four inches tall because you are a giant.
Speaker 1: I forget I'm five eight. Okay, so we actually will look eye to eye almost sure at each other. Well, like it hurts my neck when I got to look at him in person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you gotta get up on a stool. No good, no point.
Speaker 1: Now. Jose Ramirez with a bad week, which is very odd for him, so I wouldn't worry. This is your Bilow window and Jose Ramier good look, you know it's it's not gonna last more than this. Tim Anderson, Tiaoscar Nanaz both seven k's had bad weekends. Max Monsey one for ten. Uh you know that again. Here he'll go again with the bottom half of the Dodger lineup. Chris Taylor, hurt expunci struggling, very frustrating Luis Robert two for eighteen of four k's and Tommy Edmund four k's three for seventeen. Mike Mayor, Ladies and gentlemen picked up six home runs this week.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is a lot to take in. But let's go to the home run board here. So Mike Mayor is up to twenty six.
Speaker 2: So that's we did everybody. Joe, he's not on here anymore.
Speaker 1: It did it. I hope you're happy with your.
Speaker 2: We're on like the whole week. Last week he was so h didn't we get Joe off of this?
Speaker 1: And No? Nine out? But you're not there now, so not the great work everybody. Yes, congratulations to high Cubby twenty sixteen thirty one, still at the top of the board. Now we are going to give away Mayor's got to tell me who the winner of June is. I don't know if we gave away our little thing yet. Also, I want to remind everybody we have the the photoshop contest still going. I have my personal favorites of the Joe with hair, but if you've got more you'd like to submit.
Speaker 2: This week was my favorite.
Speaker 1: Good I actually have a real life one of the coolio that exists in real life. When I had hair where I let some people do that to me. Had how much much? How much?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, you know me, I'm a good time sally. You know. I'll go ahead and put it up here anyway, just to show the body. But it's it's pretty awesome, so uh, I'll tell you why. It's something I need to see. This is like now we do a little maybe we we I'll say, well, maybe we'll put out a little thing here. Maybe we raise some money for Saint Jude's. We get to one hundred bucks, I'll put it up there with collectively everybody put five bucks in. Can we do that? Let's do that, your guys game.
Speaker 2: Tell me the chat bucks Saint Juts right now, send it to me. I need to.
Speaker 1: Mike Mayor calling me five four Mike, you're a jerk after with this picture, just so everybody knows, and it's pretty awesome, like I look ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Point it is.
Speaker 1: Of course they were. It wasn't like really long like it wasn't like it was just they were little, but they did pop out everywhere. So that was I was in my gangster paradise. That's right.
Speaker 2: Oh God.
Speaker 1: Bet MGM the King of sportsbooks. Let's go, baby, bet ten dollars win two hundred on any game, regardless of the outcome. Sign up today and download the bet MGM app or go to betmgm dot com. But use that promo code leading off. That's what you do. Leading off one word bet ten win two hundred, easy money. Let's go. Also, you got NFL wagering coming around the corner too, so you mine as well. Sign up for free and get some more money here and bet the ten bucks and then you have some more money to play around with as we get into September. But here you go. Jeffrey Springs over on FanDuel four and a half is the kprop. Give me the over on that one against Boston Bookie bets total bases plus one ten. You're getting good money at that Against Colorado, give me that one to the juices plus one ten, Nick Povetta, who's been excellent again. The k prop is four and a half. Why I don't know. The juice is one minus one fifty five. I will take that juice. I'll put it with Springs and bets or with Alvarez. Total based prop which is even money as well. Uh, what do you got today? Anything pop your mind here in terms of the Uh, I like that Springs one. Yeah, that's probably my favorite one that you mentioned. So springs. I like springs. Yeah, it's good spring, important invention. Yea, yeah, Okay, to think about how we're going, he sure, mattresses clocks, lots of springs, sing watches, training, training, lots of spring. I don't know, man, This is what happens when you've been when you've been gone too long, and then you're starting to get back in this. You know what that's like, and then the mountain is ahead of you of all the things you got to do this week now because you decided to take it.
Speaker 2: You watch the documentary on the importance of Springs. That's right, right, yeah, No, I'm with you. I understand. I have eighty brain for sure. The importance of Springs on Netflix this fall?
Speaker 1: All right, today is not the best slate to play from a pitching standpoint on DFS. I'm gonna keep it real because I always do. Some nights, I get very excited yesterday. It was a very exciting day for you. Saw those strikeouts over the weekend, very exciting today much less exciting. I like Paveta because he's been excellent. We're is gonna keep riding this train here on DK, I'll go Paveta. I would use either Kokuchi or Garcia. Garcia has a really good matchup against Kansas City today. I would take that instead as my secondary arm. And then, honestly, I wouldn't pay a lot of cash. I would just go in tournaments with Pavetta or Garcia over on Fandul in the single picture sight and I would stack up the Yankees in Houston Astros. But you've got some BVP guys who can help people out today. Bobs who are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Colton Wong has an extensive history against Kyle Hendrick. Speaking of guys that have played forever, I'm nineteen for fifty three with a bomb in five doubles against him. Jake Lamb, for whatever reason, is really good against Herman Marquez. That's a lot of d backs versus Rockies. There thirteen for thirty six and three sixty one average a homer and a double. Josel two Bay ten for twenty six three eighty five average a bomb, a triple in the double versus Granky Jase Peterson if he's in the lineup today, eight for nineteen of four to twenty one average, two bombs, a triple and three doubles vers Kyle Hendricks, Carson Kelly five for twelve with a bomb, a triple on the double versus Oux What and fran Miil three for four to two bombs versus Jamison taie On.
Speaker 1: So isn't everybody good against Herman Marquez?
Speaker 2: Though? Like, isn't no, No, the rest of the d Backs lineup is not good.
Speaker 1: Believe the I just been in the league. The rest of the league has good numbers against.
Speaker 2: Marque is actually a pretty good pitcher. If you got him out of Colorado, I feel like he'd be really solid. Well, John Gray is showing some signs of life recently.
Speaker 1: John Gray is going to be the He's just gonna He's going to be my complete undoing. I mean, there is a possibility that two years from now he becomes something really solid. The question is can I stick in long enough?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Can I Can I hold down the fort long enough? In my belief of John Gray, you know.
Speaker 2: You're on the train right now, but it looks like you're looking like is this slow enough to jump off of. Yet that's what it looks like. You're just waiting for one stop so you can be like this is me.
Speaker 1: I feel like it keeps. I feel like what happens is it's going and then like the a C breaks down, or then like it stops at I have to connect at another station that's in like a sketchy neighborhood or something like that. I feel like that's that's the ride. There's no express ride like Alec Manoa. You get on and it just takes you. You just got He would be a little bit better if he had some springs, I think, wouldn't we all who's got the spring in their step? Who are you calling for your home run? Call it tonight, Scott Bogmin.
Speaker 2: I'm going with Vlad give me Vlattie. He's hitting for average. Now, let's get some power back in there. Let's take flat, let's go.
Speaker 1: Mike Mayor is going with Derek Hall because clearly, h he just got six and he can do whatever he wants right. Clearly he is with power now. So now he's just like I don't, can't. He's literally picking guys out of a hat. Tomorrow he's going to create a player in something in MLB the show and just select him. I'm taking Nolan Aeronado tonight. That's where I'm going for my home run call stick with Nolan, who's been hot. That's where I'm going. So that'll do it for us today. We'll be back again tomorrow on Fantasy Bros. MLB to do it all again with a little spring in our step, that's for sure. In the meantime, make sure you go to bed MGM and use that promo code leading off and subscribe to our YouTube channel, Fantasy Bros. MLB, And I can tell you too, we got plans for the offseason this year too, so make sure you are sticking around for all of that. And the only way you know when the content drops is of course, by clicking that little bell for the notification. So it's great to see Scott Bogman again. It's great to see all of you. I'll be you had a nice holiday weekend. Now it's time to go back to work. Let's go win some championships, let's go win some money. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on. For Scott Bagman, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time springs.
Speaker 2: Many springs spring