Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You ever have those days where you just never get to shower or do the things you'd like to do for your body.
Speaker 3: This is why I know I can never go camping. Hi, everybody, welcome to adulta. So this is Jordan Carlos and I could never go camping. In fact, I don't even like to connect airplanes because that feels like camping for me. Anytime I have to use a public toilet more than like two times in a day.
Speaker 2: Huh No.
Speaker 3: That's why every time I go to an airport bar, they're like, do you want six or nine ounces of wine?
Speaker 4: I'm like, bitch, look at my face.
Speaker 3: You know there are enough anti bacterial wipes.
Speaker 4: Give me the nine ounce. Just keep it coming. Act like it's a coft a cup in a diner, at a truck stop. I get serious.
Speaker 3: The worst thing, though, is getting a little bit too tipsy. The plane is delayed, and now you are tipsy and have to sober up on a plane. That's the motherfucker wors. It feels like you're living in Christmas story. Yes, like you're in the Christmas path and the present in the future and just like I just wanted a turkey to bring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris John Gabers gave me a edible once before I made a transcontinental flight, and why why Well, I thought it would be fine, and it definitely was not, and so I basically saw God and my face melted. And then this lady was just like she's like, are you okay? And all I could think to myself was nobody loses their mind in comfort. Plus that's what held it together. But I was sweating, and I was like, I'll never do edibles again. Wrong, very wrong, but like you need your own space.
Speaker 3: I think if you're gonna do edibles because everything is so unpredictable in a plane, you don't know how high you're gonna have to go to like pass the turbulence. Like that's crazy, I will say, like two plastic cups of wine. I'm ready to watch any movie and act like it's good. You can show me any horrible movie and I'll start crying.
Speaker 4: I was watching The Man named Auto.
Speaker 2: The man named Yes, Yes, Tom Hanks, which.
Speaker 3: Is like, yeah, the no old movies reab whatever is Tom Hanks, So of course it's amazing. But the way I cry, Jordan, people were asking me if I'm okay, The way I was sobbing man.
Speaker 4: I was like, this is something he'll do his visual shit, he'll do it to you, won't he do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Won't you do it every time? Thirty six thousand feet that's the Tom Hanks effect, all right. People on the ground are like, I can live through this, Captain Phillips, not such a big deal, babe. You put me up in the stratosphere. It's like, yeah, water works. And by the way, what's actually happening? Have you read this? Psychologically? You're afraid of falling out of the sky and that's why you're like at the seat of emotion And why march at the penguins too, mo marchin? That'll mess with your emotion? Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 3: And plus like the stuff that's not supposed to be that funny is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I really want to be like one of those people that have like all the screens out. They've got their phone, they've got their iPad, and they got their computer.
Speaker 4: There's always like a grid.
Speaker 3: They're always just like punning stuff is some sort of like like what do you like you don't have like five minutes to yourself, but being on a plane is a busy person really just feel like you have a good spot at Starbucks to do some work.
Speaker 2: I'm impressed by them. Listen, I'm impressed by you. I'm impressed by you. I'm impressed. Yes, we are mall cops. We have segue here we are Okay. What I do love about our guest. She is wildly hilarious.
Speaker 3: And unusually humble for someone who is so talented that it just blows my mind. And yes, ride that pony. And anyways, Sunita is the truth. She is kind, she is fun, she is smart, she is hilariou.
Speaker 2: Why do you sell right now? Smile?
Speaker 5: I know I'm like quoting the Poopoo Pie movie.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 3: Anyways, you guys, I hope you have so much fun listening to the rest of this episode, as much fun as Jordan is having right now.
Speaker 4: So give it up.
Speaker 2: Give it up for Sune the money. How can they give it up? Remember we talked about this.
Speaker 4: We did we talked about a time.
Speaker 2: Oh that stays with me. Don't find a pound found found?
Speaker 5: I like it. Don your hair SOI braiden?
Speaker 2: Yep, just got them done yesterday, fresh set?
Speaker 5: What you got a hat on the fresh set?
Speaker 2: I gotta go?
Speaker 5: You know, Oh you gotta do go. You better keep it fresh.
Speaker 2: Well. The hat matches to shoes. You know what I'm saying. I like it.
Speaker 3: I love that for you. I got my hair braided? What two, three, three, four, three weeks ago?
Speaker 2: The answers in my eyes, and yes it was about three or four weeks ago. But you you look can't.
Speaker 5: Be fucked up. No, I have to get my hair done.
Speaker 3: It sucks when you have to get your hair done, especially when it's like braided and it's just you know, it just starts pulling, slipping and shit.
Speaker 2: But it looks good. Your hair looks great. What doesn't her hair look good? Everybody? Oh my god, the quid? I need the quid. That was the right look. I know that you went to the Caribbean. That must have been nice.
Speaker 5: I did. I took a vacation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went to Grand Cayman Island, which is crazy because I'm not like an old rich white dude because that's where they go and hide their money. But does this really great hotel called Palm Heikes in Grand Caman Island.
Speaker 5: They are not paying me money to do this shit.
Speaker 3: They should, But this is why I like it. You can go and not be a rich person and still feel rich. And it's one of those islands because my mom's from Jamaica, my dad's from Haiti. So like, I love those places, but I can't go all the time, Thank you. I can't go all the time because I'm like one, I can't bring two boxes shit for everybody too. Is it gonna be safe? And so Grant came in very safe. Also, the hotel is run by these really cute queer guys. It was wild being the Caribbean and seeing like queer couples and families.
Speaker 5: I said, this is what it's supposed to fucking be. Yeah, so palm heikes.
Speaker 3: If you are queer questioning or whatever the fuck you is and you want to go to the Caribbean and like shake whatever titties you got, palm heikes. Grant Caman was great. It was also nice being away with my husband. Like having sex in a hotel room is great. You ain't gotta clean anything up, just walk away, leave a little tip on the dress up.
Speaker 5: Come back. Oh it's great.
Speaker 3: Just like I realized, do you eve any pictures of your kids in your bedroom?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I gotta play some differently.
Speaker 2: You gotta turn them down. You gotta turn them down. That's right. Yeah, they're on the wall. I mean, oh okay, turn him around right? Oh my goodness, Yeah, that's that's that's kind of weird. But sex and hotel rooms. Sex and hotel rooms is a little tough. You ever put that, You ever put that like sign out front, it's just like do not disturb.
Speaker 3: No, you better walk in and see this. No, I'm sorry, you better walk in and see vs.
Speaker 2: Yikes. Yeah, that's amazing, okay with that.
Speaker 5: In fact, I keep it a little jark.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love every part of it. Okay, good metaphorically, So tell me more, like what did y'all do?
Speaker 3: Like you don't know, you know what what happened? My husband he loves to like do activities and ship and so he wanted to get like a wave runner as no, he wanted to go snorkeling. I'm like, I'll wait for you, like you know, once in a while, I'll do something. But it really was just like three and a half days. So I was like, I'm gonna sit and drink and eat and fuck and go home.
Speaker 2: That could have been I'm.
Speaker 5: Is it Sunday school? What the fuck? See what happens when there's one bar open.
Speaker 2: I just love that. That sounds like an amazing trap song.
Speaker 6: It's like e anpha askar alpha efare.
Speaker 2: We now write for rap shit. Okay.
Speaker 5: It was very nice. Also, like doing a little elbowl in another country. Oh that food tastes so good.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh my god, oh, oh my god, I'm actually going in the same place. I'm excited. That's right. Yeah, yeah, you might for gotta go. That's right, that's him, You're going. That's the reason why I got a call and they were like, we want you to do stand up there And I was like, okay, are you serious. Yeah, they won't be hand up there.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't ash Yeah yeah yeah. My like between the freckles and the backfat, I'm like, don't ask me ship, you know what I mean? Like, like my work was finding a fucking bathe suit to look good.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 3: But that's so nice. It's gonna it's very fucking fun. I'm excited for you.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you know what.
Speaker 5: Here's one thing in your fucking forties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also in my late thirties, every cocktail I order on vacation should come with the side of thumbs. The fire between my tits. It was it's so bad. People are doing shots. I'm like, huh, how you make that medicine go down? Honestly, can't swallow anything like that anymore.
Speaker 2: Do you drink in the pool? Do you like to like drink and the kind of stuff? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like to sit on a noodle?
Speaker 2: Yes, go on, and what about a tation thing like you like to float? Then we really.
Speaker 5: Should get some more show. But listen, Yeah, you know, I feel like I work very hard. I never take a vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah you don't.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: You need to take more? Okay, this is what this is about. This is a big intervention for you. We want you to Yeah, well it could have been at a nice place. I was. I saw your eye gs, you were out there thriving. I was so happy for you. I was like, look at it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, there's this quote.
Speaker 3: I always say, the tools that you need to survive won't be the tools you need to thrive. So it's like a different set of skills to like, you worked for it, now fucking figure.
Speaker 5: Out how to enjoy it like outwardly, you know what I mean? So, like, vacations are new for me.
Speaker 3: I'm used to like bring the kids on, taking care of them, bringing my parents, taking care of them, and so it was nice just to be like, I'll have the tuna crudo again. Yeah, I don't want the glass of it. Was like, give me the fucking bottle.
Speaker 2: Vacation, yes, yes, yes, Michelle, Yes, all right, so we should get to our next guest, our next guest. Yes, you might have seen her and everything everywhere all at once. Perhaps you've seen that, yes, among one of the things. Please give it up for the very talented, animazing Sunita money. Yes, yes, yes, it's well what a get.
Speaker 5: What is going on? Not much? Just not much?
Speaker 2: How much at all? You're doing so much?
Speaker 5: Like I guess. Yeah, it's been like really up and down.
Speaker 7: I gotta say I'm in like a lull right now, a moment of rest, which is hard.
Speaker 5: It is kind of hard to like turn off. It is.
Speaker 3: People don't realize when you're in this business you have to always be on, always be prepared. You'll get an audition a PM. Please put yourself on tape tomorrow. It can fucking change your life. It's only seventeen pages. Please do it now. Memorize it, memorize it all and then we fucking do it. It's like an emotional tap dance, and you know what, my knees are fucking tired. And so when there's nothing to look forward to, you're like.
Speaker 4: Oh, what do I do?
Speaker 3: I guess I just clean my closet against But yeah, there's always gonna be something else too, And I feel like that's the great part and the terrible part about this business is that you never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Right, It's like a weird thing to make peace with.
Speaker 3: That's me when I get into the car with my kids, I never know how it's gonna go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm also a catastrophizer. You guys, I'm fine.
Speaker 3: You want to be friends with a catastrophizer because we've already thought about everything before it even fucking happens.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're a good mom.
Speaker 3: Then yeah, I'm driving over the White Stone Bridge with two little ones in the back. If some fucking fuck face fucking does some thing, how am I gonna get both of them out of the fucking car seats while we're going to bitch?
Speaker 7: I think I'm fine, kind of like you said, I'm fun. I'm also fun. It's like amazing to have healthcare in the Union, but if you don't work, you lose your health care. Like, yeah, it's kind of crazy, that's really It's hitting me in this like lot where you're just like, yeah, you want to take it in and you want to be like rest is okay, and I want to work on other things and like live my life. And then you're like, wait, I also want to go to the doctor, and like, yeah, I need health insurance.
Speaker 5: That's a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're an artist, it feels like you eat what you kill. You have to keep making money in order to you know, have the ability to go to the doctor. But I was just in Canada and I saw this. I remember one day I saw a fifty year old man with a skateboard. He was definitely kicking fifty in the ass, and I was like, that man has universal health care. Yeah, you know what I mean. Like, and they complain up there, They're.
Speaker 3: Just like we have to wait, oh for hours to see a doctor.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you don't have to pay what the fuck? You know? We have to wait to earn money to see a doctor? Asshole? You know, like they have it so good up there, folks do, and.
Speaker 3: You can't stop breathing, and I feel like in that respect, you can't stop dancing, like you have to keep entertaining.
Speaker 2: You have to keep grinding in order to make it happen. So do you feel like afraid to rest? Or do you do you feel like you need to be like nose to grindstone, Like what are you gonna do? A You're gonna actually rest? Sit in that moment?
Speaker 5: It's really hard.
Speaker 7: I'm like trying to but also I'm trying to like take it as a gift. How often do I get to think about my.
Speaker 5: Future or like long term plans?
Speaker 7: I do feel like we're also thinking about the next thing or like that next audition. It's going to change your life. But it's to zoom out too and not just think. So what's the word micro? I guess sure, kind of not think about myself so much and just try to like be a little more spaced out in time in a way, you know, like so mushrooms.
Speaker 3: So like, do you have time to watch shows that you've done? Like I loved you in Glow?
Speaker 5: Oh so cu cu I don't really rewatch my stuff? Have you seen yourself in Glow? I mean when it came oh, very good. It's like hard to rewatch for watch myself.
Speaker 3: We have I believe we have an actor slash director that was also in Glow.
Speaker 7: In the world we do, we do in the audience the voice of Kimmy Gayes.
Speaker 3: Also you want to only Kimmi gy what everybody?
Speaker 5: Kimmy absolutely? Rosenblatt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got the entire cast is here you guys. Good to see you.
Speaker 5: This is your life.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: When I look back at that moment in time, Glow like especially like the female led and shows like Oranges and New Black, and then like later Tales in the City not so female led, but you get it, like very diverse, like other platforms just weren't doing shit like that. Like I remember watching Glow growing up. Yes, I remember, ye, I aged well, but I remember watching that shit and to see people I know and love out there doing it, it felt like you guys were actually doing your stunts.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, it was so fun.
Speaker 7: We had like three ish weeks of wrestling training before we would start the web alone, the wedgies alone, and they were like we could freely pick them.
Speaker 5: It was amazing. Ye, we were like queen. Yeah, it was like clown school.
Speaker 7: It was like acting training in this grand like Greek theater kind of way, because I didn't like really go to acting school. But to like have a wrestling coach Chava Garrera Junior, like legend, a guess in the audience of recognition, yes, legend teach us like how to take up space was so like everything was a metaphor about how to like live your life, like you can have this whole superhero inside and like beam this confidence and fall and get back up and fail and people support you like so much trust and so much like intimacy and like hands in your vagina.
Speaker 5: And like the best way. It was so nice, My favorite.
Speaker 7: Can I just say when you were saying, like shooting that it's set in nineteen eighty five based on this like Original Wrestling League, the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, but shooting it in twoenty sixteen, and like being on set, Kimmy will remember this when the election results were rolling in Oh fuck, and we were shooting a wrestling match between Liberty Bell and the Russian Cat, Yes Zoya and Liberty Bell, like that was happening. That was just like happening, ye set in in fiction while we were just like watching in like leotards with our ass hanging out and like glittering eyelashes, just watching like every state role it's like red and it just being like what is happening? Like nineteen eighty five on top of twenty sixteen was just this really meta experience, but like we were in the bubble of it being okay, the feminists like bubble protecting each other, and it was just like so uplifting and so you know what.
Speaker 3: I'm taking that frustration out in the leotard and a wedgie, right, and we.
Speaker 7: Got exactly amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that. Oh my, really empowering. Oh one clap.
Speaker 3: I know, it's fine, it's fine. You're just talking about bakes. Have you and your man gone somewhere together?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, l oh el he's always traveling. Yeah, but our latest trip together was to India, which he had never been and I hadn't been in like ten years. And it was like a double date my parents and just like me and Kenny and my parents. Oh my god, I have two older siblings, so it wasn't like just the two of us and me And what.
Speaker 5: Nationality is your husband? Arian? Cowboys? Why did you say.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch that match. I know that strain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, yeah for white.
Speaker 5: Oh he's here, he's here, he's here. Yeah, he's here, he should be. Let's see what.
Speaker 7: Oh he's sitting next to Kenny Gateway, Kenny Warren in the house.
Speaker 2: A jazz musician. Right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Did your research?
Speaker 2: That's so cool. No, I knew that. I knew that because you and I had a conversations.
Speaker 3: Were actually that I've been occupied.
Speaker 2: I thought it was I thought it was the most It was burned in my brain because it was the most romantic way to meet somebody, which was like at bar Barbs over here, and like he was playing like whatever instrument.
Speaker 5: He plays, what is it a clarinet? I wish I could do it?
Speaker 2: Did he play trumpet?
Speaker 5: A clarinet? Impression? It's the trumpet.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's so cool. I would love to be on a fire escape in a muscle shirt playing trumpet, like you know, that's that's that's really beautiful. And so you met when he.
Speaker 5: Was Did he take the trump to India?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: And here's that he brought it on our honeymoon. We have a third in the relationship and her name is Trumpet. But no, it's it was beautiful because it's such a like cultural connection to any like to everyone and everything.
Speaker 5: It was amazing.
Speaker 7: There's like a video I have of him just like playing the trumpet on the roof of like the clothes anyhouse.
Speaker 5: Roll that beautiful bean footage.
Speaker 7: My little cousins were just like so excited and into it, and it was very sweet. It was like a very nice, Oh my God, bringing together.
Speaker 5: I love that. We're gonna answer some questions now. And I feel like this isn't read it? Yeah, you read it.
Speaker 7: Where the hell are all these hot Brooklyn people finding their clothes?
Speaker 2: I thought that was.
Speaker 5: Whenever I go thrifting, I have no luck?
Speaker 7: How do I be stylish?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 7: Rights, Like sounds like we've covered it.
Speaker 2: Part of the question. But I think sometimes going to a neighborhood where like wearing vintage or whatever it is isn't fashionable, then going to those three stores is more helpful because the people have passed him up. What I'm trying to say is go to bay Ridge.
Speaker 5: You're going today.
Speaker 3: Places not the A Places I love my friends that are stylish, and I asked them to come with me, or I'll send them pictures in the dressing room or I'll like legit, go to Pinterest or ig influencers, because it really is about your body shape too, right, and like what.
Speaker 2: You feel comfortable wearing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like to hit people up. Take your friend, that's very fashionable. I've always been like a weirdo.
Speaker 7: I used to like cut his neck holes out of pillowcases and armholes and like, yes, I think like Dobby the Elf did that and Harry Potter love it. I was like, I love these pillowcases that we have and this is like high school.
Speaker 5: I would like make my own clothes. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I've always been really interior like fashion stuff.
Speaker 2: I love that making your own You.
Speaker 5: Know who did that too, Jennifer Lopez really yeah?
Speaker 4: And looking at Empire.
Speaker 2: Okay, this question is how can we bring the spice back with three kids in a small space, opposite work schedules and no babysitter. It's not gonna happen. I hate to tell you that. What do you think, Michelle, no babysitter, three kids. Already you had a good time, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you did it. You got.
Speaker 2: Three in the city. That is wild. Where do you put three children in.
Speaker 3: The city on top of each other, can you do a quickie while they're like watching Patrol Malana?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: We're like, can you bring a friend over? Okay, okay, you watch the kids?
Speaker 5: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Literally you just said can you bring a friend over? End of sentence.
Speaker 5: I was like, OK, it's about to finish. I got you go shad a lipsies?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a friend or a cousin. I think you got to split them up, right, that's a lot. The three kids is a lot for little one person.
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 7: Is it like totally crazy to talk to your kids and tell them what's up?
Speaker 5: Like we we have.
Speaker 7: To Actually, you guys need to take care of yourselves. The peanut, butter and the jelly are on the table. We need forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: I don't know minutes. I don't know what shower. We have to take a long shower. Yeah, we have to take a long shower. And can you tell the straight up be careful if you want to fuck? You might have the fourth Very good points.
Speaker 2: Absolutely good question. Great question. I think what you do in that instance? I say played eight Like that's like the best. Yeah, I'll throw them in the basement. They'll watch Moana it'll be great and you can go and have another kid.
Speaker 5: Here's the next question.
Speaker 3: What's the line between being a a friend and stopping them from making a big mistake?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? When you can see the train wreck just happening, just barreling off.
Speaker 5: God, I mean, I think it's there.
Speaker 3: If it's physical, Like, if it's physical, then I'm gonna step in. But I feel like, you know, it's like watching your kids jump off as something I'm supposed to, you know, for like the fourth time, you know what I mean. It's like, well, that's part of their journey too, right, And what will be great is to lend them your ear for the next year because they're gonna really have to process that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you ever have you ever had to like jump on a grenade and like just tell a friend, like, jump there's grenades and you jump on that. Just see it again, jump on a grenade like a grenade. I guess we just eat footnotes, all right. So I step in and say, like, I.
Speaker 7: Feel like there's one I like couldn't hide it, like I didn't have a poker face or whatever, Like I couldn't be the friend who was gonna listen for the next year, and.
Speaker 5: I was She's like, do I good?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Bad?
Speaker 7: Like I've had that experience once and that was kind of that was the one, and I feel like I'm gonna step off, you know, I'll just I'll just be chill and let let the train wreck hafe be there because.
Speaker 3: What happens too is like when it's that toxic and you step in, then all of a sudden you're the new thing in their relationship and you're the new thing to blame and.
Speaker 5: It's just like you bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's just better for people to like figure it out and just to be there.
Speaker 5: You know, I'll be there to buy you around. Good friend. Okay, that's question. This isn't pink. Just to let you know this pen is pink.
Speaker 7: How long do you date someone as in go on dates until you have the conversation about becoming their boyfriend?
Speaker 5: Oh, relatable question. They're hyping up their own question. What sorry, I was so distracted. Can you ask that question again? Yes, now that it's not a cold read, I'll go faster.
Speaker 7: How long do you date someone as in go on dates until you have the conversation about becoming their boyfriend?
Speaker 2: That's a yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Don I feel like it should be almost like just the understanding, Like I think if you have to have a conversation. I think if you're if you go like on two or three dates and you have to have a conversation about what are we are?
Speaker 2: It just go somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, god people, Okay.
Speaker 2: It cannot be organic. You have to have nine dates and on the tenth like a punch.
Speaker 3: You can't assume that someone is down like you're down. Like people have different definitions of what being in a relationship is, right, So I feel like if you are on a third day and you guys are calling each other like up to and at the bottom of the day, if you're texting each other like put your food or some shit, you know what I mean? Like after the third day, if you feel like, oh, we really like each other, like have a little conversation. But honestly, I'm not Steve Harvey. I can't tell you that you know what I mean, Like, definitely after you have sex. Please don't be bowed up with someone and not know what.
Speaker 5: They feel like. Right, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Ten dates is a lot and that's a lot of dates.
Speaker 5: Does it say ten dates.
Speaker 2: I think it said, like how many dates?
Speaker 5: Where's the number?
Speaker 7: No number, just like you've been going on dates and how long? Oh do you wait until you have that conversation?
Speaker 3: Well, now if you're feeling it doing yeah, that's right, Yeah, you're feeling.
Speaker 2: It, just get help do it right at this show.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you this.
Speaker 3: The second time I saw my husband then boyfriend, we weren't even like boyfriend girl. We didn't even put that shit on it because it was supposed to be one night stand.
Speaker 5: Like he went back to Amsterdam.
Speaker 3: It was like months later, and I was like, Okay, I'm gonna take this trip to come see you because you asked, but I'm I bring my best friend.
Speaker 5: That's a guy.
Speaker 3: We're gonna share a hotel room. He's my big brother. You better be comfortable with it. Like I was putting all all these reasons for him not to be into it, and at the end of it seven days later, I was like, this is crazy. You are my world and I said a feeling yeah, and he's like, oh my god, me too.
Speaker 5: I'm like do you love me?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 5: Wow? Putting it out there though.
Speaker 3: I get fucked that and he said I have feelings of love towards.
Speaker 2: You, which is a beautiful gesture.
Speaker 5: I said, that's not.
Speaker 3: Good enough, that's amterdam. I'm in New York, you know. I said, do you love me?
Speaker 5: And he's like, I definitely have feelings of love towards you.
Speaker 3: And I say, you have to say it. He's like, are you making me say it? And I'm like yes, and so he said it. And it's fifteen years later.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, you gotta tell these motherfuckers.
Speaker 5: Sometime, the situation.
Speaker 3: You know, you guys tell these motherfuckers sometimes, and that's okay.
Speaker 5: It's the same space. You love me. You're never gonna do any better.
Speaker 2: It's the best.
Speaker 5: Yes, Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: You have to try. You have to try. I think, you know. I with my wife, I gave it time, not like the number of dates, but like time. And after like three months, I said, I was like, I really I love you. And then she dumped me and and then I bought a car that I couldn't drive because it was stick, and then she taught me how to drive the stick and she did I'm not talking about sex, I'm talking about actual clutches, and and so we got back together that way. So I mean I I'd say just in the car, didn't it's like very cramped. H and it's not what you think it's going to be like in the movies, you know what I mean. You're like, oh, that parking break, Yeah, that's a break. It's a major yeah, butthole and then but not not a fun way all right. So the point is what is the point? The point is you have to you have to try, you have to say something. You have to take a risk. No risk, No, you can't really like to say, what's the weather report going to be on an outdate? You know, like you have to just like take a stab and see if it happens. Even if you do get dumb, guess what, you can get back together. It can happen, you know, should happen.
Speaker 5: Thank you laughing at the advice.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 5: We've done.
Speaker 3: Guess what's the most adult thing you want to do for yourself that you haven't done yet?
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, spotlights on you.
Speaker 5: Okay, that I haven't done yet.
Speaker 7: I will just say looking into the dex credits for leasing an electric vehicle, that's like it's a good like buying a car, an electric one for the environment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've never bought a car before.
Speaker 2: Where do you plug one in in New York City?
Speaker 7: And that's really where I'm starting. That's the big question. We don't have a garage or a house. But what if I just went to Whole Foods regularly, yeah.
Speaker 5: And made it my own house like parking lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: In five years, it'll it'll work out, you know what I mean, The infrastructure will be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Well I'm excited for you. I can't wait to see what you write.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, it's time. It's gonna be I mean about it and everything everywhere all at once. Sorry I forgot to ask how the fuck was it was?
Speaker 7: The It was amazing and it was like the last day before the pandemic shutdown. We'd like did we were stuffing like hot dog fingers in our mouths, being like is this serve?
Speaker 5: And then the pandemic happened.
Speaker 3: It's so funny how like every job is almost linked to like what's happening in the world.
Speaker 5: It's so true, you know what I mean, it really is. Yeah, it's like the script of your life. Did you go to the oscars?
Speaker 7: I didn't, That's okay, I mean, I'm like those are like some of my best friends. I'm so so thrilled for them, the Daniels and a lot of the cast.
Speaker 5: So it's yeah.
Speaker 7: I was just like, were you in a Little John video? I was same, directors.
Speaker 5: Turned down for what music video? Are you a video?
Speaker 1: Hoo?
Speaker 7: I had to tell that to my now husband. I was like, when we were dating, he was like showing me videos, like music videos.
Speaker 5: He like like rap videos, and I was like, there's something you should know about.
Speaker 7: And I had to show him this video because it's like really popular and people would like not people team teenagers will stop me on the street and be like, yo, you dope, And it was so validating and so cool.
Speaker 5: What were you doing in the video?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: I was like, tworking violently.
Speaker 7: It's this ridiculous video where my like, my only salvation is to violently like twerk my ass on this other character in the video.
Speaker 2: Because there's no reason to turn down?
Speaker 5: Is that how you like?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's no other way? Yeah you know, yeah, what are you gonna turn down for?
Speaker 5: What can she do?
Speaker 8: Tell everybody?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did it naturally.
Speaker 4: I didn't even.
Speaker 2: It sounds like we just came off splash mountain or something like Ooh, We're so ready.
Speaker 8: We're so ready.
Speaker 5: Listen you guys.
Speaker 2: That was a very fun That was a very fun show. We learned a lot about Santa. She's just a very authentic person, you know what.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me on set one time we were like in between setups where you like move camera angles, and so we had about seventeen to twenty minutes of downtime and I went to my showrunner immediately, I'm like, should we rewrite the scene for next week or whatever?
Speaker 4: She's like, take a break, and I'm like, no, I want to be productive.
Speaker 3: And one of them executives from A twenty four said breaks can be productive, and that blew my mother fucking maya ya yay, because I'm like, okay, what happens when we are just allowed to sit, you know, just sit in our own space, in our thoughts, and like, what the fuck can we come up with?
Speaker 4: And I remember MICHAELA. Cole saying when did she went to bath Toad?
Speaker 3: I don't remember what award she won for I May Destroy You, but she said that she unplugged, truly unplugged, went away and she was like, the things that come up when you are quiet are the things that will be important to share in Hollywood in New York. You know, if you've got a hustle around your job, but you really forget that you have this brain, right, yeah, and you have memories, you have core memories, and you have wishes and wants. You forget how to enjoy them, how to see them through. And so when Sanita was talking about writing and it's a world that she's creating and she doesn't know on the outside looking in, I was very excited for her because I know that space.
Speaker 4: But when you're in the eye of.
Speaker 3: The storm, it's fucking scary at shit because you're like, well, them commas in the bank accounts don't give a fuck. Yeah, but really trusting that you have everything you need and you could always clip some coupons, Well yeah, it might just work the fuck out.
Speaker 2: I appreciated it. It was It was very refreshing. It was because she has so much going on. I'm so I was like, thank you for that. Yeah, I see her and her success. I'm like, okay, cool, Yeah, I'm gonna be ayright. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everywhere is it the name of the movie again?
Speaker 2: Everything? Everywhere, all at once.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I wrote a joke about that movie for that.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 3: If everything everywhere was all at once, why was that shit? Three and a half hours? Hey, y, all right, you guys, thank you so much for hanging with us. What a crazy, wild episode. Sorry if we laughed too much, Sorry if there was air horn, just kidding.
Speaker 4: You're welcome, motherfucker. Have a good evening. The froze ain't gonna make itself. Gotta go.
Speaker 2: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 4: Our senior producer is g Holley.
Speaker 2: Our associate producer is Alex Cheat.
Speaker 5: This episode was mixed by John Bradley.
Speaker 2: Our guest booker is Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 5: Additional production support from Hannah Kyle Crichton.
Speaker 2: Theme song and live show DJing is by Don will Our live.
Speaker 5: Show producer is Marion Ways.
Speaker 2: Artwork by Jamie Bechtel.
Speaker 5: Photography by Reis vander Most.
Speaker 2: Executive produced by Karen Kilgera, Georgia Hardstark and Daniel Kramer.
Speaker 5: Follow the show on Instagram at Adulting the Pod.
Speaker 2: Email your questions to Adulting Questions at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Mmmm