Speaker 1: On today's upisode The Command Center Podcast, we have RFK news, exciting for fans, exciting for DC. Can't wait to talk about that. We've got the draft recapp Did they get five guys.
Speaker 2: That are going to start for this team?
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that's more and we can't escape it. No one can escape it. Fadora Sanders News. It all starts right now. Welcome to The Command Center Podcast. I'm Wigan Pulson here with Fred Smoot and Santana Moss and guys.
Speaker 2: I got a bone to pick. I got a problem up right.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you guys have seen this gorilla thing that's floating around like one hundred guys versus one gorilla.
Speaker 3: I think we had this conversation a year ago.
Speaker 1: We had this conversation a year ago, and just for the record, I was talking about this same setup. Yeah, I think it was. I was still playing, I was here in Washington. I want to say it was like two thousand. It was Trent Murphy's rookie year, so twenty thirteen. So this has been on my radar for well over a decade. Man versus animal man and specifically a gorilla.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a gorilla.
Speaker 1: And so obviously they've you know what I'm saying, They've changed it because I think you hurt yourself, right, like when you say, oh, one hundred dudes versus Grilla, because you got shirts, you got shoes, you got stuff, Like in mind, you're butt naked.
Speaker 2: How many people needn't take to beat the gorilla that's mine?
Speaker 3: So you want to, you won't even ground.
Speaker 2: I want to. Gorilla is naked, that's what I want to see.
Speaker 4: See he's in his habitat when he has no shoes on. You need shoes, you need something to get away from his ass.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying, like in this room, there's there's a silver back grilla over there in the corner. How many people does it take if you're in your birthday suit to beat that thing today?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you that.
Speaker 4: I think I remember saying I'm going to exit the room and let y'all do what y'all do.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I do remember us talking about this way before.
Speaker 1: So Jason kept the receipts in August of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked about it. We have comments on the video like ye man versus and so yeah.
Speaker 1: Fans, I'm a little disappointed. You guys were like, man, I've heard this before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like why not say commands in the podcast say it this like, no, mister, he sprawled because anything you missed the beach, dude, it's cool.
Speaker 3: But Commands said that we just dudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I do think, like, you know, the hundred guys is interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've asked some like Special Forces dudes this question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they kind of look at you, you know, they got that tough face and like five five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you gotta tell him no. Women like come on, like, let's be honest.
Speaker 2: So you get this.
Speaker 1: The first time I asked the Special Forces guys and I was like, oh, in this room, right hair, I'm like, yeah, there's no mic stands, everything's gone. He goes okay, and he looks up at the ceiling and he's like what is What do you think that is? And I was like it's probably dry wall, and he's like, I could punch through that and there's probably piping in there. And I pulled some stuff out, pull some screws out, and I was like, this dude is just on a different different.
Speaker 3: He's looking for whom did you can't.
Speaker 1: One guy's like, I think I could probably get electrocute him with the outlet, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So basically telling you that the humans won't fight fair.
Speaker 1: I can't this. This is the thing about it that you think about it. So even if I said, hey, man, you just in here by yourself, yeah, you birthday suit, go kill that gorilla, it would take probably a thousand people.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: There's no number because like the no, no, I'm not gonna do human beings like that, because we got some big human beings.
Speaker 3: You are big human beings.
Speaker 1: But dude, I'm telling you so, Like I think about when I fight my son, for example, so I'm two seventy my son's one hundred pounds. Yeah that's not exactly the same, but it's probably closer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would demolished.
Speaker 1: I would mess my son up if it was like you know what I'm saying, And eventually I'd get.
Speaker 2: Tired, Like if he was just like, way he go.
Speaker 5: The thing that we got that the gorilla just never have. We can pry up, we can plan, but we can plan the attack. That means we don't.
Speaker 3: Take a smart man.
Speaker 4: They know what you're thinking from the get go.
Speaker 3: As soon as you're thinking about that instinctive, they're more instinctive. Now here go.
Speaker 5: If I got ten Logans, if I got ten Logan pulses, one thing we can do is if I can get one Logan Polston around the neck, happen neck. What I'm saying is we don't hold the hands.
Speaker 3: You're crazy.
Speaker 1: Look for some This is the craziest one I heard was like, hey, I could I could do it with five people. I said, is I need someone who's really sick about to die, and then need four able bodied people. And I was like, what are you talking about. I'm going to send that guy over there so then to get beat up and then we're going to take his bones out and get after it.
Speaker 5: But but think about it, though that work, So you don't you don't sacrifice one guy to the guys.
Speaker 2: We're not everyone's going to make it.
Speaker 1: But but then if you if you just tweak the if you tweak the parameters a little bit, and I say, hey, here you get a five pound weight from the weight room. Yeah, now we got a shot. Now we're cooking with gas. I say, here's a blade.
Speaker 5: Oh one dude, so basically with that whipping the eyes and something, we don't got a change.
Speaker 3: What I think we got a chance.
Speaker 1: I don't think the numbers matter as much as the mentality of the dominion.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm because if you have one hundred Jason's in there, yeah, nah, but you could do five logans something good. This is because I'm not doing.
Speaker 5: This is a job for the people that society has pushed to the side.
Speaker 1: The other one that I like to is I talked to my green brave buddy about it, and he said, five people. He's I think we could fatigue it because you could just mess with it.
Speaker 2: And if you could just.
Speaker 1: Stay out of reach of the gorilla and tire it out enough, it's gotta play the long game.
Speaker 3: No, that ain't gonna work.
Speaker 1: You gotta realize, I think about it, like you could tire the thing out though.
Speaker 5: Do you not realize? No, fighting against a vegetarian gorilla is a vegetarian.
Speaker 2: What does that have to do with anything?
Speaker 3: Well, you ain't gonna get tied. No, vegetarians don't get off the top.
Speaker 5: That vegetarian is not the biggest animals on earth. Fits is a vegetarian. Talk giraffe is a vegetarian, like vegetarians grow bigger than meat eaters.
Speaker 3: Meat eaters have more energy than vegetarian.
Speaker 1: So let me just say that's great something because it's always tries to be absolutely in the same when people like you ever seen the skinny gorilla, they all eat his bamboo or something like that, Like it drives me nuts. You know, they have a special enzyme in their gut to help them digest the fiber and turn into a protein.
Speaker 2: Like that's it's not the same, right, Like.
Speaker 5: So when a person what you gotta say about the elephant d well, Okay, it's a sperm.
Speaker 2: Wheel, It's okay, sperm wheel is a carnivore.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying, what you got a carnivore. Yeah, but they also eat the smallest particles in.
Speaker 1: The sperm wheel eats giant squid you're thinking of belly, thinking of a blue ye blue, And they eat krilled, which is also a animal.
Speaker 3: But it's also micro.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking about how free and knowing all this stuff.
Speaker 3: It's it's just micro.
Speaker 2: It's it's not it's it's like a little shrimp. Yeah I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like Melliams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so they're they're also eating proteins, like animal based proteins.
Speaker 3: But we can't say that the garrilla is a vegetarian.
Speaker 2: Grill is vegetarian, yes, but it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It's it's they don't have nothing to do when it comes to it's energy.
Speaker 5: All I'm saying is we ain't going down by the hands of a vegetarian.
Speaker 3: Do you understand me?
Speaker 5: In ninety nine dudes, I'm gonna tell these dude before this match, this is a vegetarian.
Speaker 3: We gotta take him down.
Speaker 2: That's your Yeah, we will, just as you stand in the back like.
Speaker 5: We would not lose totarian, were going to the steakhouse after this.
Speaker 3: You understand me, You're not losing.
Speaker 2: Long story short, this was our thing. Yeah, yeah, before like seriously like that.
Speaker 3: We got no love.
Speaker 4: We got to say that we brought this up and had a long talk about this when we just had Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you brought this up, so give us some love.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: If you see that out there inside, you.
Speaker 5: Know, hey, mister bees didn't do this. Is this mister basting, Yes it is really this is a mister Beestein. And you know when mister Beach touched something, it turned to go it's pretty wild. If mister Beach touched something and he just shows up in your city with some idea like I'm finna jump off a building. Like he shows up in your city, he gets a billion views and now he's the man.
Speaker 3: Now he say fight a gorilla. We said this a year ago.
Speaker 5: Nobody with I fan base did grab They did talk about it, but the world didn't grab it.
Speaker 3: But now it's the b said.
Speaker 2: He's got it. He's got it, all right. So that's yeah. Just so it's our plea to you as a fan base. Just help us out all bit here.
Speaker 3: Just show us some love, all right?
Speaker 1: And uh so In more Commander's based news, obviously, the RFK news is out now looks like that there's an opportunity for the stadium to be built at the old RFK site, which is really exciting for the city of d C. It is exciting for the fan base, and obviously it's still incredibly early in the process, but at least it does seem to be taking steps in that direction.
Speaker 5: Hollowed ground, Yeah, hallowed ground, Like you want to talk about the dads and the sons, that's gonna rejoice sending in them stands like it's gonna be nostalgia.
Speaker 3: It is finest, all right. Uh.
Speaker 5: I once got asked by a fan like a week ago, did you play at Rkade.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm not that old, you know, I played at RKAY.
Speaker 2: What in college?
Speaker 1: They played the Eagle Bank Bowl there? Yeah, and uh yeah, I played.
Speaker 2: The Eagle Bank Ball c l A. Yeah, U CLA. We played Temple and the Eagle Bank Bowl and win. So we did win.
Speaker 3: So Dad, what year was that?
Speaker 2: It was two thousand and nine, Like.
Speaker 3: The whole time I've been here, that thing looked like it by the fall.
Speaker 5: No, but you remember the Nats played there also, and they did play them bowl games, and.
Speaker 1: I will say it was one of the most miserable experiences I've ever had, not because of the stadium, but because it was like really cold and the field, you know, there's like that one open end down there, yet it was completely frozen, like asphalt frozen, and so you fall like.
Speaker 3: You'd slip because they had to paint the field.
Speaker 2: Green fields painted green.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and anytime you fell, like I fell in the first quarter, like I got tackled and someone fell on me and it and I bruised all my ris and I was just like it was terrible, you know what I mean, because like imagine playing tackle football, like clearing the cars out and playing in your cleats, like that's what it was.
Speaker 2: So funny.
Speaker 5: The youngest one of us has played at RFK and the two oh he has ain't played it.
Speaker 1: And it was cool, Like it was one of those spots where it's kind of like not not the same level, but you know when you go to Lambeau and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, this is awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Micha but.
Speaker 1: You kind of felt like there was ghosts in the building a little bit, you know, which is kind of cool. Like yeah, So obviously, like we're really excited about it. Was really cool to see Roger Gidel at the press conference, like yeah, and hopefully that keeps for guessing. If you want more information about it, make sure the Commander's dot com for more. There'll be a story up there on the website, so make sure you check that out. All right, So, now that we've got the gorilla thing, which was maybe the most important thing in the show, let's give us some love on that. Yeah, the RFK News, let's recap the draft, and let's start, I guess with super high level and you know, like the Commands only had five picks in the draft. Yeah, and I was kind of like, usually like national media is not super psyched about like those low volume drafts. They say, oh, we need more volume to have a good draft. But there's a news outlet that aggregates all the mock drafts that kind of compares your draft to the mock draft. Commanders were the number two team by that metric. CBS Sports A minus, AP and News B plus, UH Sports Illustrated, b NFL dot Com b PFF B plus, and The Ringer B.
Speaker 2: So I think.
Speaker 3: Overall, that'll get you high on a row.
Speaker 1: People pretty good about the people feel pretty good about the Commander's drafts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel great about it. I think we all said this though that night, you know, both Nicely was here. It just seems different. It has a different kind of.
Speaker 2: Or to it.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if I can use or for a word, but it seemed like for the years and especially the years of us playing, we were just getting guys. You know what I'm saying. You see a name, Okay, we got them. We have five six receivers though we got two more, you know what I mean? And now I think everything is intentional. You know, they going out there getting it's actually going to really ben fit what we do as a team, you know what I mean. It's fitting what we do and who we are. So that's what's intrigguing to me, just seeing that you're getting guys that fit your culture and you getting guys that fit what we do offensively and defensively and also special teams.
Speaker 5: I know you a winning organization when you have none sexy drafts, when you don't get the names everybody think you're gonna get, like when you have those Kansy City type drafts. When you have that, we just have the big guys, like, nothing sexy about that. We'll get athletes in the back end of around. Like it's like hip hop music. Just because you got a hot song, don't mean you got a hot album. Like Kendrel and mar wins all the awards because his work has some validity to it, not Juicy Jay, and I love Juicy Jay.
Speaker 3: But it's club.
Speaker 5: It ain't win any no awards like, so it don't have nothing to it. Like now that we having these drafts, these drafts have something and like I said, I think it's a great thing that we want these dre.
Speaker 3: Up peaks, But do we need these dray up peaks?
Speaker 2: Wan? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I think to kind of piggyback off of that, like B Mitch said something similar on the live show that we did on Draft Night, where he's like, you know, it's so funny that fans get mad, but sometimes the best drafts are ones where you don't know the names. Yes, I think a lot of it is like I studied a lot for this draft, I said, a lot, And thank god, I've actually watched all of these players before the draft started. But like you can't watch like the director of college scouting, I watched five hundred guys. Yeah, he'll have a report written up on five hundred football players. Yeah, and you know the GM will probably watch three point fifty to four hundred. He's you know, they they're kind of trying to distill information down to him. And I have never I've yet to meet a fan, even people who are super locked in from a draft perspective wise, who watch that many guys. Yeah, And I just think, like trust that, especially now with how smart teams are getting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, teams are smart now the draft, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Never like, well that guy's are reached, Like especially the last year, I wasn't like, oh that's a terrible pick at all, kind of fell in line. People are smart, man, and they're getting better and better from an analytics perspective about distealing this thing down. The one thing that I took away from this draft, and we're going to talk about each pick individually, here is you got five players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think all five of.
Speaker 1: Them have a really good shot of making the team, and very rarely do I feel that way about a draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you got a guy in the seventh round in Jacory Krofsky Merritt, who is I think got a really tremendous upset as a runner, I think you could make the squad. Yeah, And that's very rare. And so I think that's one thing to think about. And the other thing I just want to call attention to this is there's five people on this sheet, but I don't think this represents the draft class. And what I mean by that is you got Deebo Samuels with that fifth round pick, So you're kind of in this in this desert, not picking for a long time from one twenty six to two forty five or whatever it was like insert answered Deebo Samuels there, right, you know you don't have that third round pick and Shirt Marshall and ladim in short marsha On Antimore, and you don't have a draft pack next year, but you have Laramie Tungs and I look at if you add those names to this draft, we would It's hard to think of a group that did that did quote unquote did.
Speaker 3: The draft did better?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you're not going to find guys that's no. You can say that that's that's already half. I guess you can say, what's the word I'm trying to use. I see, I'm going I'm having brains.
Speaker 3: Just established guys.
Speaker 4: They established guys that's already have they you know, that been in the league long enough to go out there and say, okay, we can we can depend on these guys. You know, most most guys in the draft, on most teams in the draft, they're drafting these guys, banking and hoping that hey, these guys have to play right now. And that's one of the things that Adam Peter said, you know that was interested to me. Is just before we have to pick a guy tonight, you know, we can go play right now with the guys that we have. Yeah, So before we picked the guy, we had three guys already from from using our draft capitople that come to help this team and and and help us have.
Speaker 3: A better year than we had last year.
Speaker 5: So I guarantee before I take that, what if the draft is a big old weddy? What if we coach him right? What if we got the right scheme? It's always a wood if the Laraman Tussel is not a what if? Deebo Samuels is not a what if Marshawn Lattimore is not a what if? I know what I'm getting when I'm dealing with these guys, so when you put them in this jail class we want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think this also taught me something about the draft. And what I mean by that is like I've always thought you want to build through the draft, and you do. But like when you think about like draft capital as like money for example, right, it's money to make your team better. It's a resource to make your team better. And so when you are allocating some of those resources to establish known commodities, Yeah, that's still.
Speaker 2: A good draft process because you're still growing your team in that way.
Speaker 1: So I think that especially with I mean, this is just team building, like philosophy. You've got a franchise type player in jayde and Daniels on a rookie deal. The window the Super Bowl windows, Now, yeah, we got to be more aggressive and we use our draft capital to get that done them. So I think that that's kind of what I learned from this.
Speaker 3: Like I looked at the draft like a selling a house.
Speaker 5: Like if I want to sell a house, I got a couple of hot spots in this house.
Speaker 3: If I upgrade them, I can get more money.
Speaker 5: And that's the kitchen, that's the bare bathroom, all right, and maybe the backyard. But anything else that I put money in is a wasted it's a waste.
Speaker 3: And something in the backyard of the waist. Yeah, you know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, Like I just want to I think the draft, we we literally hit especially with the taco currently that's kitchen to me, this kitchen work. We add that extra pantry, we adding that extra what's the name in there, and it's bringing value to the house. It's bringing value to the house. And I think that's the big thing that you want to do. Because now that I sit down and I really looked at it. I was talking to Shen yesterday. I said, she, now that I look at this office line, if I started the left tack and I go across, I got a Pro Bowl left tackle. I to me, Coleman has Pro Bowl capability at guard. I have a Pro Bowl center, Sam cosmi back, I got a Pro Bowl guard. So I'm already three for four and Pro Bowl is on my offensive line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, four four, And then I got this.
Speaker 5: New uh freshman basically tackle, Like, I have a solidified line right now, I have I have road.
Speaker 3: Greaters at that line. So if you.
Speaker 5: Look at it from that perspective, we have the trench warfare that we need to win in this league right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think like when you've got you know, like, look I look at the last couple of years, you know, with the Washington Commanders, and it's the offensive line has been a little bit upper down. Now it's limited what you can do offensively. And I think these are smart steps to help maximize your quarterback. They're smart steps to help maximize your run game. Like it's really like everyone talks about skill position players, and that's important. Like the spine of the team is your offensive.
Speaker 5: Office is offensive defensive line. I'm sorry, this is where everything starts. This where everything ends. I have always been an advocate of the dudes disma like Bacon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so Josh Connelly tackle from Oregon, I think is a great example of this. Like he's big, he's six', five he's three, fifteen three eleven whatever he. Is he ran as like a five flats depending on who you're your tostop watches like a five flat or a four nine. Forty he's got a thirty four and a half inch. Vertical he's, explosive he's got long, arms got thirty four in. Charms like he's kind of like the mold right when you look at the analytics for the tackle, position like can you get a little bitch bitch bigger and? Stronger sure they all, can BUT i look at, Him i'm, like man, like there's a lot of growth potential. There same thing With coleman and SO i think it really does a lot in terms of raising.
Speaker 2: The floor of the.
Speaker 1: Offense tanna AND i think about like you as a receiver and how like when you have a great old line to.
Speaker 2: Protect like those shots.
Speaker 1: Down the field become a little bit, easier the offense becomes less, horizontal and that's super.
Speaker 4: Important AND i think too when you look at, It like one of the THINGS i mentioned on draft night we picked them, up thought about thinking about how much you, Know cliff had the hold back because he had to keep guys in the block tight, end you, KNOW i mean. Blocking and we was out there winning with two or three guys in the.
Speaker 3: Routes it was a.
Speaker 7: Masterclass, Yeah Like cliff got in his bag so much last, year they forgot about The cliff that they was trying to you, KNOW i guess you had a big narrative was oh.
Speaker 3: Late in the, Season cliff.
Speaker 4: Disappeared that was going on for about a week and then he got in his bag and, said oh that's how y'all feel about. Me i'm gonna show. 'all and then you get a guy And jaydon that's so. Accurate that's so on. Time you're getting these guys running their routes the. Way now we're getting more help up there to where he, Said, okay NOW i can get two more guys out of the. ROUTE i could get five. Guys you KNOW i want to, do so that's what you look for. It and it was funny because it wasn't a sexy. Pit it wasn't guys that was happy. ABOUT i was driving home And i'm listening to late night radio and they was, like oh, yeah BUT i didn't even know.
Speaker 3: Who was that. Guy and THAT'S i love.
Speaker 4: That WHEN i heard from the, fans that's the same way they felt about Dan quinn coming.
Speaker 3: Here oh why did we get? In we wanted the other guy From.
Speaker 4: Detroit so when you when you hate and when you when you're a fan base and you're not happy about the moves that's being, made you understand that the people who really know what they're talking. About, yeah you, know you have to be like a guy like. Myself it's real happy about it because you don't, know but they, do AND i trust in what they. Do and So i'm just happy because we talk about depth and seeing Cous me go down last, year seeing how those guys stepped there for Cous, me and now to know that we have other. Guys we added another guy to go along with those. Guys, man you're just gonna have the advantage to go out there and, say, man who are ready to play this.
Speaker 5: Week we're gonna pick our best fights stuff for. Room we stuffed two rooms during this. Draft we stuffed the offensive line room to. Capacity we stuffed the defensive back room to. Capacity it's gonna be competition. There it's gonna be also the. Talent the floor of talent is here or now now it's, here like it's, nothing and it's to the point in those two.
Speaker 3: Rooms we have saym cars me go.
Speaker 5: Down if we have A, jones go, Down like it's just play who you, Want like it's guy's good lord in there and that's what you. Want that's what championship teams.
Speaker 1: Do, YEAH i think it's funny BECAUSE i did hear a lot of fans be, like who's this? Guy AND i honestly LIKE i was surprised BECAUSE i feel like for years That i've been in ounced here like everyone's like.
Speaker 2: Offensive, line we needn't.
Speaker 3: Prove it's like get one.
Speaker 2: Here it's like we are improving the offensive. Line not they want to hear you do.
Speaker 5: It maybe they want to name, you like you, know the one thing about the draft is like going to a car, Lot like WHEN i Say i'm gonna go get a new.
Speaker 3: Car WHEN i come, back you you waiting on.
Speaker 5: Something but IF i pull up in the Al, camino you, Like, pops what? Happened, no the Al, CAMINO i can actually work and.
Speaker 2: Drive like the, expectations and the expectation was so high.
Speaker 3: Up who are we gonna get edge? Rushier they gonna get an Edge.
Speaker 5: Russia we got somebody to protect from an edge. Rusher and that's what you gotta.
Speaker 3: Like like it. Be men said.
Speaker 5: It anytime the fan base is, disappointed you did your.
Speaker 3: Job you did your.
Speaker 5: Job because if the fan base is happy on Draft, day that mean you you kind of played into the.
Speaker 3: Choir you kind of did what they wanted you to.
Speaker 4: Do and not only, that, man you made a great point about what we miss talked.
Speaker 3: About if you really paid us into the.
Speaker 4: Draft The giants go out there and get our dual carter and we, said. Checkmate this guy here played him and.
Speaker 3: He had no. Sacks mold.
Speaker 4: Him, no he basically blanket this guy the entire. Game and not only just a dude caught, it but basically everybody he you, know went up.
Speaker 3: Again so there they was. Playing they was playing.
Speaker 4: Chess yeah in our, division saying, okay you got this. Guy we're gonna go get a guy that's going TO solidi file us even more upfront to keep them a five, clean you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah and to kind of support tennis. Point he had zero, pressure zero, pressures not, sacks zero pressures allowed IN teni for ten of fourteen.
Speaker 2: Games, yeah, like, no it is easy to give up a.
Speaker 1: Pressure pressure is a. Pressure You it's, like, OH i miss misset. This i'm a little getting pushed, Back like that's pretty crazy to.
Speaker 5: Me you, know this is a defensive player that's, Unbelievable like at Least i'm will get around and almost get. That, mean ain't no guy almost getting there like? This that's that's that's keeping it. Clean and that's WHY i named Him David banner because when He's, david he's a very, cool calm. Guy he was he was super, chilling you, know he was, chilling but he turns into the credible home this win.
Speaker 3: Things shange know.
Speaker 1: What's crazy, though it is some of the best TACKLES i played, With Like Laramie tunseel was like, This Jake matthews was like this little.
Speaker 2: Bit they're really.
Speaker 6: Calm Nice Chris Chris samuels, same very nice guys if you shake their hand with no pants, on when they put these pants, on something, changes something like something changes where they just want to.
Speaker 3: Grab people and they want to.
Speaker 5: Malve, yeah indeed they turned it right back off and then they go for ice.
Speaker 3: Cream SO i don't know what happens to these.
Speaker 1: Guys and even in the, huddle like you, know like they're very they're kind of, funny they're kind of joking, around and then all of a, sudden it's like this like that that they just go, dark like right when they say he, like.
Speaker 3: It's just like they choose bad right, now choose.
Speaker 2: Bad it's very.
Speaker 1: Strange so, obviously Really i'm really excited About Josh. Connorley LIKE i don't know if you guys checked out the big board on the, website but he was my fourth tackle AND i had him going kind of right in that, range AND i think right before the, pick it's like of the players, available he was definitely in that four kind of four players that we're really excited. About so that was. Awesome another guy that again like not tochoot my own, horn but like was right exactly WHERE i thought he would go Was Trey, amos the cornerback from All.
Speaker 3: MISS i THINK i brought him, up DID?
Speaker 2: I so we, did And i'm going to give you credit here.
Speaker 1: Them we talked about it in the break and we, SAID i was, like you can talk About shamon novel Or samos And pole, immediately just LIKE i want to talk About. Ramos so we didn't talk about. It and you and we did you like?
Speaker 2: HIM i know you like? Him AND i think he was like number five on YOUR dB. Ranking he's very.
Speaker 1: High, yeah, Yeah so but At Trey, Amos, man it kind of feels the same way As Josh connelly, Does like as the board was, falling kind of opened that door and it's just, like, oh, man here's here's the.
Speaker 4: First round guy that basically slipped to us in the second.
Speaker 1: Round and, again like the things THAT i like about him are his. Size he's about he's six ft a little bit, over kind of six y, one about two hundred. Pounds he's played at multiple, schools, right he's got this kind OF i love guys now in college football who he started as Raging cajun goes To, alabama doesn't work, out he gets, relegated transferred schools To Ole. Miss like he had to find his to.
Speaker 5: Fight, LIKE i love. Guys they had to fight their way. Up that's WHY i love Cam. Wood like Cam ward went from a zero start recruit to the first in The dreil and and everybody just want to talk about you do.
Speaker 3: It And i'm, like that ain't what we should be talking.
Speaker 5: About we should be talking about this guy who entered college is a zero.
Speaker 3: Star that means you stink damn.
Speaker 4: SONO i mean nobody has put yeah shifting you.
Speaker 2: UP i mean he just.
Speaker 4: Happen he didn't get the eyes that everybody else. Got that's what it really. Means So i'm, like we want To Fred smoot's coming out of college because we ran them out all day and.
Speaker 5: They had to watch WHEN i capt him, OUT i WAS i had to go to junior. COLLEGE i wouldn't LIKE i want everybody raid out LIKE i had. TO i had to work for. THAT i wouldn't got.
Speaker 1: YOU i wasn't That, Yeah and he definitely had to work for, it, Right and SO i, think, uh, like when you look at, HIM i think the thing that sticks out And, fred you could probably speak to this better is the ball skills are. Excellent, YEAH i think he's got good. Physicality like there's a, competitiveness.
Speaker 3: You, know like fire about him THAT i.
Speaker 1: Love you watched like The South carolina game IF i remember, correctly and he's Checking, harbor who's like six, five two hundred and forty pound wide. Receiver, yes and you would have Thought harbor was. Nobody yeah you know WHAT i? Mean and, yeah, yeah and really got after. Him love that can play and zone can. Plan, man there are some times where he's a little his footwork gets a little bit. Off he's not, like but this went pro. Coaching not the best, Tackler but, again those THINGS i think are given the type of guy he just seems to.
Speaker 2: Be seem like they're easily, correct but he's a willing.
Speaker 3: Tackler i'm Not he'll throw it in.
Speaker 1: There so just to be, Clear i'm giving context on why he might be a sixty. One like, AGAIN i had A i think you could have took him at twenty nine AND i would have been, like that's, awesome you know WHAT i. Mean SO i really liked the. Player But i'm just kind of saying, like these are some things to keep an eye. On and, AGAIN i think you look At Joe Whitt junior And Dan quinn their pedigree with TV's like in their ability to get the most out of guys and what they did With Mike sanders. Leaving you, KNOW i know we Give Benjamin saint just's a hard, time but they made him the best version of. Himself, yes AND i think this guy's way more instinctive.
Speaker 5: And, polished way more, polished and way more of a. Bawl he's a, Ball he's a cornerbacks.
Speaker 4: Cornerback, yeah with a guy that if you Was, Dion dion want, Him he want him on his.
Speaker 3: Squad he.
Speaker 4: Won't he want a guy that's gonna go out, there go out to the, ball be in a guy's, face ain't backing, down got something to say out. THERE i mean that's WHAT i. SAW i saw a guy that's ready to, play no great ready to be, changed but he's good at. Everything he doesn't have one great, thing he's good at.
Speaker 1: Everything So, jason you got sixteen passes defended on here that led THE.
Speaker 2: SEC i think it was.
Speaker 3: Seventeen i'm that's, crazy that's, ridiculous that's. Awesome BUT i think.
Speaker 5: It speaks to What tanna is talking about THAT i THINK i had twenty three coming.
Speaker 3: Out we're trying to talk about this one over, Here jason got y'all can fact checked.
Speaker 1: Me we're just but it's, ridiculous right and so and so for him to again three three, interceptions he just shows an. Awareness, Yeah AND i think like that's one thing that WITH dbs THAT i often, Undervalue like when you compare him To Chavone ravel not as aware of the football in the, air, right this guy is like he made.
Speaker 2: A pick who was?
Speaker 5: It you probably are you talking about in the end zone the one day he somebody threw it up in end. Zone he literally jumps out the end, zone catches, it flips over and.
Speaker 1: You kind of got rolled like someone kind of understand some undercomeany the play on the.
Speaker 2: Ball tanner, Was it's.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable it was, incredible and so LIKE i just, think like that's the kind of guy that it just a good, ball, awareness good, position got to clean up some, stuff nothing too, major but some. Stuff AND i just, think how do you think that affects the? Defense like, where like where do you see him fitting in and like what's his role like moving?
Speaker 5: Forward you THINK i think it's it's icing on the, cake if you know WHAT i, Mean like you got this core group of, guys and then you bring in this other guy and he can like all, right you Got Mikey. SAMMERSTEVE i think you think he moves back to the. SLOT i THINK i think it'll outs allows him to move back into the. Slot now you got another tall guy on the outside, side press corner.
Speaker 3: Outside and then you still Got Jonathan. Jones don't.
Speaker 2: Forget you still Got Jonathan.
Speaker 5: Jones so you gotta you got a treasures of wealth right. There you got so like, this you're not one injury away from everything.
Speaker 2: Shattering like it's just kind of where they were last.
Speaker 5: Year, yeah like we was like one guy goes down and it's over.
Speaker 3: WITH i don't think we're there.
Speaker 5: Anymore LIKE i think it's gonna be a run on the position WHERE i don't because you start three corners these. Days it ain't two corners that you start, three, RIGHT i don't know the store in three right.
Speaker 3: Now that's a good problem to have a great problem.
Speaker 2: Now and SO i, mean OBVIOUSLY i think he projects the. Outside yeah he's.
Speaker 1: Not and, again just to be, clear like he's got to compete for, this he's got to win this, opportunity like Like tennis, said like they did a great job of making. Sure we've got a bunch of really hyper competitive dudes who can play. Football so he's got to earn. It BUT i think him outside, Center sli, Inside, yeah and Then marshall.
Speaker 5: And then you still got that think about. It we can play, INSIDE I, john The jones can play. Inside they all can play. Outside so now you got you got a rotational right there that you can't Be AND i think it.
Speaker 4: Just gives you that that that competitive edge as a defensive back room that you're gonna have a bunch of guys in there trying to get out there on that. Field so everybody going to be out there playing their best, game you know WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Mean, so and it's kind of what The connorley picked us for the old. Line it's just.
Speaker 1: Stuff you get your best in this case three if you're in dime four and with the intensive, line to get your best five out, there and that's all you can ask, for that's all you can. DO i just want a lot of, competitiveness all. Right, So, TANNA i don't know if you've watched this guy at. All the next guy they picked at what was the pick, Eight, yeah Was Jayleen lane wide receiver For Virginia, tech AND i just wanted. TO i knew he had a good, combine SO i was, like let me just let me just go back look up what he. Did AND i was quite frankly blown away by his.
Speaker 2: Number so let's get.
Speaker 1: This four three, Four no like? Me, yeah four three four forty yard dash? Insane one five ten yards split also, insane that's Un guess what his vertical jump?
Speaker 3: Was Forty guess what his broad jump? Was eleven eleven?
Speaker 2: Eleven are you out of your?
Speaker 1: Mind eleven feet get out of? Here three cone drill six point seventy.
Speaker 2: Five that is.
Speaker 1: Elite that is. Elite that's like the movement, skills sinking. Cuts and then a four one two second three twenty yard shuttle and fourteen reps of the bench. Press SO i see, that And i'm, like you are not gonna fight.
Speaker 3: Ten of man my.
Speaker 4: Measurements what was your VERTICAL i tell, You i've cleared everything all forty?
Speaker 3: Two, YEAH i need to just stop.
Speaker 2: That let this man hide himself.
Speaker 3: Up AND i ain't even trying to hype himself. Up but, no that's.
Speaker 1: Ridiculous but do you think but just to get so just to give, context your forty was a ford to my.
Speaker 4: Forty they rounded up to four three. One that was the fastest in our. Class BUT i ran for.
Speaker 2: Eight that's pretty. Close WHEN i got Jail land and what was your Vertical my vertical jump?
Speaker 3: WAS i cleared all forty? Two we had forty. TWO i cleared it with the bottom of my. Hand that gave me like forty. Four, yeah me. Too but they didn't they.
Speaker 4: Didn't they didn't really have broad jumped off my BROAD i don't. KNOW i don't even THINK i broad jumped because ONCE i did, that they was, like, man this, dude day is.
Speaker 3: Over like my day was kind.
Speaker 1: Of but, again like our guy Jail lane has a forty inch broad. Jump he ran a four three four.
Speaker 3: Like you doing that at five.
Speaker 2: Ten you're talking about a guy and he.
Speaker 3: Is he two hundred thanks probably not even so not only is he, fast not only is he, quick he's also. Strung happened was the? Fourteen, yeah SO i need it once like one. TIME i, mean, NO i ain't even, bench BUT.
Speaker 2: I probably if you ran a fourth, THREE i. Would.
Speaker 4: Yeah we was mentioning the house at um, SO i mean you know that wasn't a.
Speaker 3: Problem but the.
Speaker 4: Thing about, me the thing that's so crazy that raised my eyebrows WHEN i watched his film cut up just the highlights that they were showing most of those punk. Returns he, returning he's breaking tackles like he's running through arm, tackles and then he. Hollering then he getting getting missing on. You so you know you got a guy in here that's going to be definitely you, KNOW i can see why you SAY i Got iso was going going, Crazy, yeah because to, me that's that's a part of our game that you want to. EXCEL i mean, that just to, me those are first downs that you can't account. For you know What i'm saying as a punk. Returner you, know my coach is always tell me TEN i need two first. Downs i'm, like, cold you're talking ABOUT i need you getting more than ten. YARDS i need you get at least twenty. Yards you know What i'm.
Speaker 3: Saying so that's that's two first downs for.
Speaker 4: Us so when you when you got a guy like that who can change the field after that that ball is kicked and and it touches his, hands that put our offense in a better you know range of going out there and doing.
Speaker 3: Them he got the trace to get what we called in the defensive back. Room he finna get little on.
Speaker 5: You like when the dude started getting, smaller they mean he running away from he getting little when he turns in a two inch, Man, yeah you probably thirty miles away from this guy has the ability to turn to the main and this what you. Want you won't big playability and once he gets, little you don't see nothing but the last MAY i love.
Speaker 1: It the other, thing, too is LIKE i think about you, know you talk about the, returnability LIKE i do think there's gonna be a slight regression in terms of fourth down. Conversion you know it's eighty seven percent last year that you can only go, Back, yeah your fourth your third down was like forty, seven which was second.
Speaker 2: We no touch push, second we know touch.
Speaker 1: Push so there's gonna be a little bit of a just a slight regression, Obviously like those are just unsustainable. Numbers but all of a, sudden you bring in a guy in the return game who can give you two first, downs, right you don't have to be converting all those first Down you can get scores on special, Teams like that's a really dynamic. Thing and THEN i do, think LIKE i like his offensive. Film, yeah you watch The offense At Virginia, tech AND i don't know if we have Any. Hoki Watching offense was kind of hard for me to.
Speaker 3: Watch it.
Speaker 2: Stinks it's not.
Speaker 3: Great let's be, Honest, Like i'm not going to sugar coat.
Speaker 1: Nothing it's like kind of like this r P o triple, Options like it's a weird. Deal and so the receivers are kind of in a tough. Spot BUT i will say this dude will.
Speaker 7: Block.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah he's tough with the ball in his, hands like you're watch him break. TACKLES i think his route running nuance is better than what he was able to show.
Speaker 3: Him, WELL i think he's A.
Speaker 5: Bloomingdale the key Is oh and if the key is is t MoU, right this guy is Blooming. Day he's an Upgraded he's a the key is with rams on.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well BECAUSE i think is a heck of a. Football but this, guy he's all the more. Gasoline that's What i'm.
Speaker 4: Saying he's just paramount and buddy paramount. PLUS i would say, Great BUT i.
Speaker 1: Did have that, thought BUT i watched. HIM i was like he reminds me a little bit of that's WHAT i. Say but he can hit a home run all the. Time it's just kind of. Cool, Yeah and again the play strength is, cool like AND i think about like what he could do for the, offense you, know, like obviously you Lose Johnny, brown like that straight vertical guy to carry stuff out for, Career like it's.
Speaker 3: Nice and now he's that. Guy he can he can be, That so he's.
Speaker 1: Got To, again he's got to earn this, too, Right but there's a in terms of like what he could mean for the, offense role for the, offense roll on special teams right at the. GATE i don't know if he can cover, kicks but he plays like he, Can like.
Speaker 2: It's just like a tough. Dude SO i really getting that guy at one twenty.
Speaker 1: Eight, LIKE i love that pick because it's just great, value fits fits the culture of the team really well and obviously very. Exciting, now maybe one of my favorite players in the draft is the next guy they, Drafted Caine midrano FROM ucla Fil.
Speaker 4: Pops let's not say that he's your favorite because you love brilliant brew bias here baby blew in.
Speaker 3: Going.
Speaker 2: On but ifraid you watched.
Speaker 1: Him, yeah like he's six, three he's two twenty to twenty five, again all, readers athletic profile in a, second it's.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable fastest linebacker in the draft with this dude.
Speaker 3: MOVES i don't know if he's a safety all. Linebacker he plays LIKE i, Say i'm.
Speaker 5: Sorry he has this thing to him like WHEN i watched, FILM i like to see guys THAT i don't have to wonder where you at on the, field especially it's a defensive, player LIKE i want you to be, like.
Speaker 3: Hey it's me and, right and this is what his film.
Speaker 5: Said WHEN i turned the film, on he looked at me and was, like, yeah check me, out but you get loaded This it just he had a pick six that he literally picks the ball up coming downhill right, now he picks the ball, off run past the offensive, tackles literally gets like ten yards from the end. Zone somebody try to cut him load so for him screens around like he jumps Like i'm, crazy he's a Linebackers like this is Why i'm like what he really is on this?
Speaker 7: Level converted wide receiver that part think about, that you know WHAT i?
Speaker 4: Mean and then he's a, hybrid you, KNOW i, mean like why why why force him to be anything but what he? Is you need him in a, box put him down, there you need to.
Speaker 3: Cover let him, cover you know WHAT i?
Speaker 4: Mean like he's he to, me he brains something to this defense that we've seen that we had in Shen chin and like how we Had. Flower you, know he was one of those guys that you didn't know what he was, like was he a linebacker?
Speaker 3: Edge you know WHAT i?
Speaker 4: Mean so he has that about his, game WHICH i feel like that fits what we, do you know WHAT i. Mean he's a football player and he's a guy that's gonna. Flyer he's the guy that, say, look, man go out there and do your. Job and that's WHAT i. SAW i saw that jumped. Off he jumped off the chocks when it came to just being around the.
Speaker 3: Football very very.
Speaker 4: Instinctive you, know even when he wasn't making the, interception he made to play on the, ball making it hard for the other, guy you know WHAT i, mean or making EASY i for what other guys to come out and then get the PEAK.
Speaker 3: A lot is, though should be happy about this one.
Speaker 1: Too team as a sixth round, player like his home is going to be. Teams BUT i think what we're kind of pointing to here is, like so just in one, GAME i forget who they were playing is a Red he might have Been, NEBRASKA.
Speaker 2: USC i don't remember Roming.
Speaker 1: Nebraska and so he lined up as the star so like over the slot, player running with, receivers, yes filling all that s, place playing r. Po the next, play he's lined up at mike, linebacker taking on pulling guards and getting under. Stuff on the third, play he's lined up at like defensive end in the edge, rusher rushing the tackle for a. Pressure and so it was, like, wow he sounds like really he's an excellent football, player but he's a converted wide. Receivers here's a here's a good. Play they're Playing nebraska Or. Iowa he plays the, zone the zone read, Right he misses the tackle on the quarterback, right quarterback runs The remember this dude's so, athletic puts his hand, down chases him, down rips the ball. Out he doesn't quite have all the linebackery.
Speaker 2: Stuff big it, out you know What i'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, like he doesn't take the best, angles he's not the best tackle he's not like physical as a, tackler but taking on, blocks, yeah covering kicks in, space, like the movement skills are.
Speaker 2: Incredible he's.
Speaker 3: Willing that's ALL i want you to do is be.
Speaker 5: Willing we can cross them teas and we can dot those eyes when you get.
Speaker 3: Here that's What.
Speaker 5: Listen every prospect drafted in this draft is, flawed all. Right nobody has, Peaked nobody has made it to where they're going to. Be that's what make pro coaching elite compared to college. COACHING i want the player that's willing to do it and has the skill set to do.
Speaker 3: It we'll figure the risks.
Speaker 4: Out just give me potential And i'll do the, rest AND i.
Speaker 2: Think about the tackling. Thing you.
Speaker 1: Know And Jeremy, green you, know he's a great. Dude he's been on our draft. Show, Yeah hustle. Analysts he's, like, well if he's going someplace, like you're gonna learn from literally the best tackler in the history of THE, nfl Like Bobby. Wagner they talk about Dan quinn coaching tackling like that's something THAT i feel like they can help them get.
Speaker 5: IT i feel like he got a little bit more Frank louvu AND i can see him diving over the Super.
Speaker 3: Dome or something like.
Speaker 5: THAT i feel Like Frankie louvu seems to be the one that rubs off on this key.
Speaker 2: Dude you.
Speaker 1: Know so he was at The Shrine, bowl so and AND i said this somewhere else and again LIKE i don't want To he's a six round, pick SO i don't overhype.
Speaker 3: Him, no he's, no this dude is.
Speaker 2: Talented but, like so they're, there so this is what.
Speaker 1: Happens so they're in one on. Ones, right he's playing one on one at the running. Back he has two pick sixes in that. Drill and you you remember running running back one on? One, yeah, yeah the running back should never lose that.
Speaker 3: Drill, no because they got, legs they got the, leverage, everything.
Speaker 2: And they can go.
Speaker 1: Anyway there's no offensive. Line this guy has two picks. Drill you go to team watching The Shrine. Bowl he has two sacks rushing as an. End so LIKE i just look at. Him i'm like, THIS i don't.
Speaker 2: Know what you do with.
Speaker 1: Him, yeah but the athletes, there teams teams value right at the, door excited about the, prospect and hopefully learns that.
Speaker 3: Attack and his name Is.
Speaker 2: And THEN i think that leads really.
Speaker 1: Nicely Into jacory krossky merrit running back From, arizona who is maybe the most intriguing.
Speaker 4: Kind, yeah very interesting about his little last year mishap of playing only one, Game, well.
Speaker 3: That says a lot drafted.
Speaker 4: It but it's crazy is that he just Mentioned AND i heard. IT i heard when the scouts say that play one. Game it was a little mishap with him, transfermed.
Speaker 3: So he may have to miss the rest of the.
Speaker 4: Season then he goes and plays in the bowl game after missing the entire year of playing.
Speaker 1: Football and it's even later because it's The Shrine Balls All star game.
Speaker 3: And you go B nvp of that bowl, Game like that is hard to.
Speaker 4: Do think about how much football he had to, Watch, yes and it's how hard is it to not go out there and compete against somebody and still be in shape enough to go out there and dominate.
Speaker 5: That i've never heard of it to, ME i heard this story. Before, Yeah i've never seen. It that's.
Speaker 1: Impossible he's got a bummer for, Him but like it's awesome for The commanders because when you watch him so he was At New mexico before he's he's a three school guy.
Speaker 2: Too yea transferred Up New.
Speaker 1: Mexico was like a thout over one thousand yard, rusher had seventeen, touchdowns seventy.
Speaker 2: Two, ers like really good football.
Speaker 1: Player when you watch, him there is a like a running back athleticism the. Pops so for, example at the, combine his ten yard split was one five and so think about we were just talking About Jaylen. Lane his split was one five and he round.
Speaker 3: Of four to.
Speaker 1: Three, yeah, Right so extremely, explosive. Prosive he had a forty inch vertical at two hundred and ten pounds, bodyweight burst, Right and so when you watch, him like his ability to kind of find the, crease get, downhill kind of not take a big, shot keep his shoulder pad square like he's a you said receivers, receiver, yeah or defensive backs defense like he's a runners.
Speaker 3: Runner he got in the priests, home, Dude, YEAH i like.
Speaker 2: THAT i didn't think about, that but that's actually.
Speaker 3: It takes the draft. Room he got to lit priests.
Speaker 2: Home And i'm not gonna we're not saying he's A hall Of fame, Player.
Speaker 5: No, No i'm saying, stylistically like the one thing football players are always good at is comparing another football player to a football.
Speaker 3: Player that they.
Speaker 5: Played like WHEN i see him and at first step in a, Burst i'm, like, OH i seen this before pres, home BEFORE i looked at the back of his jersey when he got little.
Speaker 2: On they kind of are the same kind of.
Speaker 3: Body and what he does have is.
Speaker 5: Balance like WHEN i play running, backs the first THING i want to know is what his ballance? Here because he's telling, me, AM i gonna cut, him lower. Him i'm just gonna try to wrap him up like he's a wrap up. Guy if you don't wrap him, up he will not.
Speaker 1: Follow and then you, know now with all the advanced, analytics you know these bowl games and stuff that The Shrine, bowl Specifically All Star, game you had the best deceleration of any player at the. Event so talk about the ability to kind of stick your foot in the, ground make someone, miss, stop start like HE'S i think he's.
Speaker 3: Got he got a little burying them then, too that ability to stop is a running back is. Everything he's got a social skills to set him.
Speaker 1: Up SO i THINK i think he in a in a in a if he plays this last. Year he's probably a third or fourth round draft. Pick but he only played one game At arizona and he's here for The. Commander so WHEN i, SAID i.
Speaker 2: And we'll, see he's.
Speaker 1: Got you, know obviously got to Compete gott to warn that. Spot and he's a seventh round, pick so he's just above a UD. F. A, yeah but guess what if you're a seven round pick in a five pick.
Speaker 2: Draft, yeah you was drafted with a.
Speaker 3: Purpose LIKE i always look at the whole. PICTURE i.
Speaker 5: DON'T i don't look at my new ship like we only have five. Picks they wanted to make all five of these picks, count.
Speaker 1: And so we talked about the top and one of the things THAT i took away is Like Josh, Connolly Trey, Amos Jalen, Lane Cane, madrono and Uh, Ja Cory Krossky merrits all the.
Speaker 2: Same they all have a.
Speaker 1: Shot, yes and there's there's been in years past from like no way the student makes. It he's going to be a player maybe in two, years but all these guys could be, yeah playing football for The washington and, help, yeah.
Speaker 3: Help help the team.
Speaker 4: Win he's in a running back, room with all the guys there all they all be free agents next, year so you definitely have a chance to really go out there and. Compete knowing that these guys you, know on a last, leg you know WHAT i, Mean so makes.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Doubt, man that's a great. POINT i got to think more about that in this. Analysis that's. Great so those are the five draft. Picks we'll talk more about the udfas at a later time when that lift list gets, finalized because it's still a little up in the air at the, moment but now it's gonna lead us to risk it for the biscuit thinking you're better than AN NFL gm presented by marsh mc lennon, agency your partner in risk in people's. Strategies so what we're gonna do in this segment is we're gonna talk about some people who took a little bit of a, skid AND i guess.
Speaker 2: We'll start with the story of the.
Speaker 1: DRAFT i feel very comfortable saying that In shador Sanders, yard AND i think a lot of people are, like.
Speaker 2: Oh he was the first round.
Speaker 1: Talent the more PEOPLE i talked to who saw him more as a kind of fringe, first so like late first early, SECOND i Think David, Carr Drew brees type of. Prospect, Yeah AND i think it's just important to note that when you are in that kind of, range you should interview with everybody.
Speaker 2: That asks you have to do a good, job.
Speaker 5: And you so also go to The Senior, bowl and you should also every time you get to showcase your, talent you should showcase your, talent like this was the biggest how SHOULD i, say looking in the mirror and not seeing what's really truthfully there THAT i have ever seen in my. Life and it's not his. Fault, no, no it's the nil. Fault LIKE i, said this nil has. Blurred it would blur like ja because college look like. This the pros don't look at you like this same way you think about it between him And Queen orrs like Quin URRs should have stayed in, college like he should have stayed in.
Speaker 3: College the guy went into say him.
Speaker 8: ROUND i didn't say he could have made four million dollars in college and even to make eight hundred, thousand and the league LIKE i think THIS nia thing and the pro thing Is finna but hates you, Know AND i think this was the first view of D.
Speaker 2: Well this is an interesting part about.
Speaker 1: IT i think If shrador had done some of the stuff you're talking, about if you had gone to The Senior, bowl if you like he went to The Shrine, bowl if he throws at The Shrine, bowl like let people see. You, yes do your, thing you know What i'm. Saying and then if you're gonna, interview, like, remember this is the biggest interview process annually every, year, right don't so be basically FROM i, understand and this is all from like the various. Reports he, Said i'm gonna interview with three. Teams, Right i'm gonna interview with the top, Pick So tennessee was It, Tennessee cleveland And New?
Speaker 2: York? Right and apparently he botched the interview with The New York, giants.
Speaker 3: Of, course not seeing him on a chalk.
Speaker 1: Bullets and then he, Said i'm not interviewing with anybody. Else and so if you do that because and he said and and the other thing he said Is i'm gonna do that BECAUSE i don't want to play for that. Team and so all of a, sudden If i'm that, Team i'm be, like all, right well kick. Rocks and SO i think, again you just just a mismanagement of.
Speaker 3: The biggest MISMANAGEMENT i have. Ever this is the biggest draft fall of all. Time Like i'm sorry it.
Speaker 5: Is it is like talent, perception all of it all. Together it was the Big like it was so big that, we LIKE i, said we wasn't talking about the big story to, me and it's Cam. Ward Kim ward was the big story to, me like the rise from zero to hero cannot be. Compared LIKE i was, like why ain't nobody talking about Kim? Ward and NOW i know his suit stump like That santana, FOLK i knew his super.
Speaker 3: Stump BUT i was, like this is the story we should not be talking. About should do? It but because it was put this.
Speaker 5: High and put on this pedestal to watch him the, DEMISE i think more people was caught up in the demise of The sanders name than they were.
Speaker 4: Anything that was a lot of things that stood out to me about the WHOLE i guess you can say the whole mockery because at one point leading up to the, DRAFT i heard his name entirely too, much AND i was, like this is. Odd something's brewing THAT i don't think it's gonna. Be this is gonna be interesting come.
Speaker 3: Draft. Dare, NOW i didn't know what was gonna.
Speaker 4: HAPPEN i had a feeling that it wasn't gonna be the top ten, guys top ten.
Speaker 2: TEAMS i, mean.
Speaker 3: BUT i didn't have no clue it was gonna get the way it.
Speaker 4: Got and WHEN i saw what ended up, happening they got to the point of where we the draft was over for, us for, us you, know covering. It we was at the draft party AND i someone's, like.
Speaker 3: Hey should do.
Speaker 4: Fun i'm, like, Oh, diddy and he was, like By. Cleveland i'm, like, so you mean to tell Me cleveland always had one of, them you know WHAT i. Mean they want him to the first time when they, draft you, know traded the. Draft they want him to the second time when they ended up getting a. Quarterback so to, me it looked like something that he did THAT i didn't. Know, yeah and then WHEN i sat down and watched different you, know sport, outlooks they basically had the same saying like we've always been so regardless of his football or. Anything when you're in an interview for a, job you have to give these people your, Best, yes be at your. Best AND i think some of the things that kind of transpired from when.
Speaker 3: His dad was going through.
Speaker 4: That, yeah he thought he could do the same.
Speaker 3: Thing i'm not saying he's. Wrong i'm not saying he's. Right he took the Wrongpro.
Speaker 4: You have to understand when you're a, Quarterback, yeah they hold you to a different standard than the Corner VAND i, think to, me after hearing some of the things that they said he, DID i was, like, well damn If momba in the interview caused you to drop That, lotte everybody who watched this situation transpire shouldn't ever have to worry about going to anybody's interview again and taking it for.
Speaker 3: Granted you know What i'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, Also i'm gonna tell you WHEN i was, like come, On shador like stop. It after the first night he didn't get drafted first, round he started, rapping AND i was, like, dude at one, point you got to realize you are not a wide, Receiver you're not a running.
Speaker 3: Back you are you are the face of a.
Speaker 5: Franchise you cannot be what we Can you can't do what we can. Do like the best Quarterbacks i've been around, it they aloof a little. Bit they still part a team hyper, profession but they just so, like, MAN i WISH i could do what y'all.
Speaker 3: DO i just.
Speaker 5: Can't they're locked. In they locked in in a way and should do. It to, me it was like it's my, world y'all just living in, it AND i don't think you can do that as a quarterback like THEY i think THE nfl went out of their way too humble, Him like they went out they way too humble, him and they.
Speaker 3: Did they humbled.
Speaker 2: It, YEAH i don't know if it was like, malicious but, again like if you, said.
Speaker 1: But think about like this, guy about the, process If i'm If i'm the.
Speaker 3: The, STEELERS i was semi pissed off of, them.
Speaker 1: And i'm, like, man and you're, sure And you're, LIKE i don't want to interview with you Because i'm not.
Speaker 2: GONNA i don't want to play for. You like DO i just take you off my? Board?
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe, Yes like, yeah because people are, like.
Speaker 2: You don't want to play for?
Speaker 3: Me, people first of, all who are you? Right it ain't but thirty two of? Us it's thirty two of?
Speaker 5: Us and at what point did he not think BECAUSE i get drafted by this, team don't MEAN i can't eventually play for this, Job.
Speaker 3: Like at what point do you?
Speaker 4: Miss it almost balls down to me, too even if you know with him being the what the fifth quarterback in the quarterback room With, CLEVELAND i Think cleveland has a chance.
Speaker 3: Now they have leverage to, say, hey we got should do. It who need a? Quarterback may we have this guy who need a? Quarterback it's Very Kirk. Cousins it's at.
Speaker 4: The point now where If cleveland feel like we can get something for this guy because a team need, him they can go ahead and make it.
Speaker 1: Dim he might mess around and start there like they have so many we think he's a talented. Player BUT i just think this is this is a this is a really good peak besides behind maybe into like what the professionalism level of these?
Speaker 2: Interviews, yeah like so like.
Speaker 3: It's really funny like doing stuff on the field.
Speaker 1: Correct so like WHEN i call my buddies And i'm talking him about certain, Guys i'm, like oh what about PLAYER, X and, like, YEAH i didn't love him in the, Interview LIKE i had multiple conversations with guys WHERE i was Like i'm gonna tell THE gm to take him off the.
Speaker 2: Board, yeah BECAUSE i.
Speaker 1: Didn't he didn't interview well with, me And i'm nervous about. IT i don't really like, him and it's and it just is a nice peak behind that. Process and, again like you, Know dion is his dad trying to provide a good. Advice but one of the things the agent does that's really really valuable is that they have connections with all the gms in THE. Nfl so you'd be, like what's your great on? Him do you think he's gonna Go, Yeah i'm sure he would have been able to get better advice somebody was plugged. In, Yeah AND i think that makes it really. Challenging LIKE i think about the way my agent, handles you, KNOW i do tight end development for him, now, Right so WHEN i talk to him and he's, like, oh, yeah he's gonna go at this pic in this, range And i'm just, like And i'll be damned of every year it isn't the exact. Range but that's valuable because then you're, like, hey you need this, Son you got an interview with all these.
Speaker 3: Teams, no it's.
Speaker 5: Realistic he's giving you a realistic view of what it really is and they're not gonna devoge this To. Prime they will do they will devote this to an agent because they've got, relationships AND i gotta deal with.
Speaker 3: This agent year in and year, Out Like i'm gonna deal with him next.
Speaker 4: YEAR i could tell, You like some of that too was. Transparring and the first THING i thought about was, like it's some of these people who have THOSE i guess you can say those who make those calls probably don't even want to Call prime because being that He's. Prime, Yeah and they was a little you, know they feared him a little, way you know WHAT i. Mean and this thing about, it IF i got a funny feeling about, you you don't Think i'm gonna feel funny about your.
Speaker 3: Son you see What i'm.
Speaker 4: Saying like like being a person of, Business, yeah no matter what we're, doing how good you is at what we.
Speaker 3: Do IF i ain't got.
Speaker 4: The best relationship with, you, Yeah i'm gonna look at your son, like well he might be the same.
Speaker 3: Person, bingo you know WHAT i.
Speaker 4: Mean so that's WHAT i was thinking the whole time this was going, On, like but, damn the ain't they ain't taking it out on him.
Speaker 5: This reek of LIKE i ain't gonna. LIE i was watching the, DRAFT i was like, this, reeks DO i should johnny manzaiel like should? Do it had some Johnny Man's Aiah. Colonel it had This i'm, Brash i'm Gonna i'm gonna play Quarter i'm gonna do quarterback in my, way MEANING i know we're supposed to be, politicians But i'm gonna be more like an.
Speaker 3: Entertainer it had wreaked Of johnnyman's Al.
Speaker 2: But ALSO i THINK i don't think.
Speaker 1: IT i don't THINK nfl teams care that much about that, Specifically LIKE i think you've played with guys And i've seen guys be successful that are. Bigger Kim newton's a good. Example he's a big, personality you, know.
Speaker 4: Very articulate and Sure i'm Sure cam killed his his his his.
Speaker 3: Meetings and that's What i'm.
Speaker 1: Saying you can be, brash brash if you handle your, business money your.
Speaker 3: Business and so if you.
Speaker 2: Are brash and you don't be, there but.
Speaker 4: You better be good on that board that chop, boy you better be good.
Speaker 1: Enough, Interviews Like Kim ward is a brash, Dude like he's like when you watch him an interview and we watch him with his teammates like he's, aggressive he's, confident but it's.
Speaker 2: Business it's, Business AND i think.
Speaker 1: That that's something that, again like there's just and then the other THING i just want to point out to IS nfl teams don't want to deal with a.
Speaker 2: Headache they, don't so like if.
Speaker 1: You are going to bring all of this stuff with, you this brashness the prime LIKE i think about, IT i call It Tim tebow. Syndrome, Right like everyone's Like Tim tebow is good enough to be your third tight end In New, York like he was good enough to do, that but no one wants to have a press conference about about your third tight. End no one wants to have a press conference with your fifth. Quarterback like that's just annoying the. Coach you got to answer questions about, it because think about every single question In cleveland now is going to be like he should do, it how should you're, playing what's he?
Speaker 2: Doing what's going?
Speaker 1: On because that's what you write stories, About and it's just a headache from a media. Standpoint SO i think that's again just A i think he's a really good case.
Speaker 5: Study he, is and everybody forgot.
Speaker 3: That Dealing gabriel with third.
Speaker 1: Round think about how he handled the. Process he went to The Senior. Bowl yes he crushed the, Interviews, yes everyone loved.
Speaker 3: Him, yeah but he's. Tiny, look, Man i'm.
Speaker 4: So far removed from the, draft BUT i. LEARNED i learned so much watching. That, MAN i.
Speaker 3: LEARNED i learned a. Lot and it's the craziest part about.
Speaker 4: It days removed from the, DRAFT i changed my whole perspective of, it you know WHAT i. Mean LIKE i was thinking one thing And i'm, like, oh so you did. That you can't do, that.
Speaker 2: You know What i'm.
Speaker 3: Saying LIKE i was more.
Speaker 4: BIG i was sitting up pissed, off, like, man you can't do this city people because Of. Prime and then after days of watching it and here And i'm, like, oh, well this wasn't really About. Prime it might be a little, bit but this question about you're not your, dad thank, You you're.
Speaker 3: Not, There you're not.
Speaker 4: Exceptional come in here and be what we want to want you to. Be and then we would give you that floor for you to hold your hand high and say. Legend they all, that but you have to come in here and you ain't legend, there and.
Speaker 2: It's not even be what we want you to.
Speaker 3: Be it's just be a be, Approve, yeah a Pro i'm saying what you want to?
Speaker 2: Approve, yeah be a prod in.
Speaker 3: Anything and uh so again that's.
Speaker 2: SURE i think he's really good.
Speaker 1: Microcops and the other ONE i just wanted to call attention to real quick because we're gonna wrap here is Well. Johnson everyone's, like we should have Taken Well johnson at twenty. Nine we should say he had a degenerative nee issue that was reported after the, draft and so you better believe every single team in THE nfl knew that and that's why he. Falls and so you see stuff like, that you're NOT i, know everyone's like always tapes, good but, like what was the receiver of that?
Speaker 2: Put Malcolm?
Speaker 5: Kelly, yes we had mackham, here and we get we didn't get.
Speaker 1: A yoid out of maclem because the knees because his pre, surgery and SO i like those are things that as fans and even us as, analysts we're always privy to and so like understanding the medical, understanding how significant was call that?
Speaker 3: Pick weel justin to be one of my stars in that draft, OFF i don't.
Speaker 2: REMEMBER i THINK i DID i have just blew. It, no you're, okay but that's gonna do. It for today's.
Speaker 1: Show please make sure you like to subscribe to get your podcast always appreciates you, guys tune, in and please just remember we started the gorilla.
Speaker 3: Thing we. Do we, do not one hundred people though