Speaker 1: Comedy Off Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes Jay Drena March sixth through the eighth, Then catch club favorite and nef you Tommy March thirteenth through the sixteenth, and don't miss Michael Pallisak March twenty first and twenty second. Comedy Off Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Four tickets call eight five, nine, two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot com Off Byway.
Speaker 2: This is Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Well, welcome everyone, Kentucky Sports Radio, Tuesday, March the eighteenth. I'm Matt Jones here at the KS Bar and Grill in Lexington, Kentucky, where it is a beautiful day and we are two days away. Well, actually, the tournament starts tonight.
Speaker 5: It's officially.
Speaker 4: Unofficially, I would say, really starts in two days. You can give Shack Clark's Pumping Shop full line eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A Vision Auto Glass text machine is seven seven two seven four five two five four. In this audition sponsored by the T J. Smith Lows he called Tj'll make them Pay Ryan. We are here in Lexington today and tomorrow at KS Bar before heading up towards Milwaukee. I got in late last night, been along a couple of days. I'm not gonna lie to you. Started in Nashville on Sunday, went to New York, then Bristol, Connecticut, back to New York, back to Louisville, to Lexington, and now we're ready to go.
Speaker 6: Well, you got twenty four hours rest up because we're back in the car on Wednesdays.
Speaker 4: And tomorrow we had to Milwaukee. So I don't know how you could. Uh, I don't know how you could be any.
Speaker 5: More excited for this time looking forward to having the best burger in the world at Cops.
Speaker 4: By the Way, I don't believe that it's not gonna be the best burger. All these people like that in every town in America, someone says to you, would you like the best burger in the world. It's down the street, and then he says there's a custard line like come on, I don't I'm I'm going in skeptical now with that said, I remember my ex girlfriend said that, oh, there's this place in Akron, Ohio that has the best burgering world. I made fun of it for like a year, and then we went and it was really good. I don't know about best in the world, but the Akron, Ohio is the one Lebron always wants that they deliver it to him when he's in Cleveland. It was really good. So I'm willing to say that I'm wrong. I just don't believe. I did my research. There's a lot of national lists that it's ranked in the top twenty. It's it's not just a local praise. It gets some national praise. So I'm looking forward to trying. We will try and stand away from the lakefront after nine pm. Yeah, he's got me scared now about the lakefront. Of the plan was I was planning on us. I was gonna surprise you. I'll take you the lake front nine no. No. But apparently now we can't do it. Shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you can be afraid when we go to the Haunted Bar, because I did my research on that yesterday. Shaker's Cigar Bar is the haunted bar that you're talking about in Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: So you do want to go to that. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: I get a stogie and fashion.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even know what to do with a stogy. I'm actually not good at that. Someone one time tried to get me to do a cigar and it's hard. They're hard to light different, it's a little different. And I don't just cigarettes are cigarettes are gross and I think I really do. I think cigarettes are like the grossest thing in the world, and then cigars are about there. But one time somebody was like, just just light it so you can feel the whatever, and what do you mean?
Speaker 5: Like, it's what are you feeling the taste.
Speaker 4: Of cigar action? And I and I didn't And it's hard. You have to I mean, see you're gonna use this drop. I was gonna say, you have to suck on it, but that's what you don't hell and exactly, I was like, I don't want to do that either. Anything. I was sitting there watching White Lotus last night and they were just like they took some drug and I thought I would never do it. Took me a six months to get up to cornbread hemp, Like I'm like the least I don't want my mind altered I'm like good with where it is.
Speaker 6: So you're good eating a Cops burger. That may be a life altering experience for you to that. Yeah, but not a cigars. I'm with you though, I'm not a cigar fan or a cigarette, but I'll go there because it's supposedly a han and bar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we go to Milwaukee. Uh, looking forward to that. I want to give a shout out to We mentioned them yesterday, the Ladies of KSR. Yes, So how about what they've done here. I'm gonna take a picture of it. They have put together a Ladies of KSR cookbook. Yeah, they have gotten all the you know, the women in that group who they who are? You know? Listeners of the show have put together their recipes for me, I'm sure, but really for everyone, and it's like all the listeners have put together their best recipes. I guess they did like a thing on the asking for people to send them.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: They also, unknownst to me, contacted my mom. Yes, and my mom has added three recipes. I actually think you all could sell this. I think if you took a Lady's of KSR cookbook and so, there'd be people that buy, especially if they knew my mom's was on there, her breakfast.
Speaker 6: Cast role that you always love that it is the best breakfast cast role ever. It is so good. It's the first recipe in the cookbook, so like so so first of all, thank you, thank you d for bringing it.
Speaker 4: And then all the folks that had something to do with it. That's very cool. And I'll when I when I get into some in April, when I start doing April.
Speaker 5: Okay, well I've done a little bit. All right, we'll be done.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk. This is gonna be what's gonna happen is all of a sudden, you're gonna have a.
Speaker 5: Meal for me.
Speaker 7: Ro slow down, big boy. By the end of the summer, you're gonna fix his all meal. You're gonna have a meal for me.
Speaker 4: I noticed. And I'll even use one of these Okay, I don't know which one, but I'll use one, okay.
Speaker 5: For the for the meal that I cooked this I noticed. The first one is the breakfast cast role we all love. But later in the book some of these are labeled Matthew's favorites. So it looks like, Karen, what did she put you on? Corn bread? Safe asterisk that says Matthew's favorite. Same with potatoes patoes. Yes, so I'm excited hungry right now. Decided to make Matthew's favorites.
Speaker 4: Yes, my mom the potatoes and the corn bread dressing, both very.
Speaker 6: Your mom's a master in the kitchen. I don't want she passed that down.
Speaker 4: I don't want to try the corn bread because I see it takes her forever and she's got to put like flour and weight and all these things in it. Could you say, wait, I said wheat. I don't know if wheat's in it, but she just has to put all of these things in and it feels like it takes along.
Speaker 5: You got your own ground beef master too.
Speaker 4: Yes, so send some listener. I guess sent me with the cook but I have a ground beef master for.
Speaker 5: Me to Yeah.
Speaker 6: You know, you picked that up and wouldn't for sure what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now I know and I can add it to my You got all.
Speaker 5: Kind of goodies when you came in today. She made his cookies.
Speaker 4: So thank you to uh the ladies of KSR for that. And uh now we're ready for tournament time, right, So what are the games tonight? And what's the what's the election North Carolina Diiago State controversial? North Carolina place tonight.
Speaker 6: The entire country routes for San Diego State tonight, especially all of us here with Lamont Butler being out of alumnus from there, We're definitely for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And and also, I mean, if you you know, everybody was talking about Bubback Cunningham and all that. Part of it is which game was America more likely to watch West Virginia San Diego State or North Carolina San Diego State. Good point.
Speaker 5: We also have Alabama State and Saint Francis is that that's that's the that's the first game. North Carolina is the late one Alabama State.
Speaker 4: So even sees the draw, what I feel like, there's a Saint Francis in every state. Is this Pennsylvania The PA version is Saint Francis and Pennsylvania and Alabama State two long time.
Speaker 5: So they're leading off the tournament.
Speaker 6: So the people that are kind of against expansion, if they added some more team, we'd be starting at one o'clock today.
Speaker 4: We have more games. This tournament was the best argument against expansion, because I mean, while you could make an argument West Virginia could should be in. I mean after that, you would have been adding teams that I think are objectively bad. Yeah, So I think, you know, I think if you were gonna have a year where he said, well why do we why are we doing expansion? This would be the one.
Speaker 6: Yeah outside of West Virginia who was even on the bubble Indiana.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ohio State beat us, But I mean they've lost something like fifteen games. So I mean, are you really are you really sad they're not in? And I do think you have a good point with the storyline. I think we'll all be tuned in to hate watch North Carolina tonight, when otherwise it would have just been a random game to most people watching the home. All right, so we're going here's what I'm gonna do today. This will be we try to do this once a year kind of as our March Madness thing. We'll kind of go through the brackets as a as a fan. Okay, okay, but I want to start with the interview. You know, KSR just keeps making news. We had the Pat Kelcey thing from the ESPN show, we had the Mark Hope thing from the ESPN show, and then yesterday Jacob Polachek who's really done a great job this year with KSR plus. By the way, I just on a side note. I got online was this Friday, and all of a sudden everyone was furious at me about something from KSR plus. And you talk about just being hit from I was like, what, I guess someone had put out an ad that said, if you want to know about Lamont Butler's injury whatever here people were just so mad at me, and I didn't even know that the ad had happened. People were like, how dare you Matt Jones? And I was like, what did I.
Speaker 5: Do this time?
Speaker 4: Because I had just heard that Lamont Butler the news was a little better than people thought, so I put it on KSR plus is like, you know, here's a little bit because it's not news. Yeah, because I didn't know he was playing. It was like.
Speaker 5: Vibes, little nugget. It was barely even scuttle buck it.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even call it scuttle.
Speaker 6: But call it vibes.
Speaker 4: Vibes and it was just vibes, and vibes made people angry. They were like, Matt Jones, how dare you not tell me your vibes? And I was it threw me off a little bit, so, uh, maybe I should just keep the vibes to myself in the future.
Speaker 5: No, now, I want you to do it every day, just something out there of the day.
Speaker 4: Here are my vibes? Yeah, dare you? Matt. And a lot of the people, a lot of people that were the angriest are people that on social media seem to hate me. It's like, why do you want my vibes if you don't even like me? Anyway, back to KSR plus H, Jacob interviewed the coach of Troy, and I.
Speaker 5: Thought you would love this, right of course I did.
Speaker 4: I mean again, why do we have to like these people? I don't want to like Pat Kelsey, but I.
Speaker 5: Do so far we do.
Speaker 4: I had a really good existence not liking Rick Patino, and I'm wearing a Saint John shirt. Now the Troy head coach seems cool. Oh, he seems kind of cool. Yep. I had a female friend of mine tell me she thought he was hot. Like, why is this gotta happen? Anyway? He gets on with Jacob and says that he picks his players by asking them if they like the waffle house, and if they like the waffle house, then they're a Troy basketball player. If they don't like the waffle House, then they're not. And I have to tell you, Drew, he seemed serious, very seriously. He seemed like he was being serious. Is that awesome?
Speaker 5: I loved it, he said. I guess in Troy there's not many places to eat after game, so he takes his family there after every game to celebrate. They do birthdays there. In the interview with Jacob, he names the waitresses. He says, I love miss Mary and Miss Jennifer. He even got them customed Troy shirts that he combine the waffle House logo and the Troy logo. It doesn't seem like just some little comment he made to Jacob. It seems they are all about waffle House down in Troy, Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I saw waffle House posted something. I mean again, waffle House is now adopting them as their team. You know, I don't want to post these vibes on KSR plus because they don't want to get yelled. But I don't like the vibe of America and waffle House kind of uniting around Troy.
Speaker 6: I can't help but disagree with you wholeheartedly on this one. I think is the most brilliant piece of recruiting ever done picking your players.
Speaker 4: What is it about waffle House do you that you think would would reflect on the character of a recruit.
Speaker 6: I think this guy's trying to imply, you know what, they like waffle House. They're kind of maybe blue collar, hard working, and not a hoity toity guy that wants to go to jeff Rupees for lunch.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, if you if you like the waffle house, then like you're a man of the.
Speaker 6: People, You're a man's man.
Speaker 4: So you you think, are you trying to suggest that, like, rich people don't like waffle House.
Speaker 6: I would say that's very fair below them.
Speaker 4: I don't like I I mean, I have a little bit of money, and I like the waffle House. I would rather I mean, look at you. Look at you.
Speaker 6: You're not wearing this coat and tie. You're wearing a hoodie. That's perfect for waffle house. They don't want people coming in with coat and ties.
Speaker 4: I don't think a lot of people were gonna do that anyway. I'm just saying I'm not sure that there's a correlation between money and waffle House. Like I bet there's a lot of rich people like I would rather eat at waffle house. I don't want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I would.
Speaker 4: Rather eat at waffle House than Jeff Rubies. I acknowledge Jeff Rubies is better, but if you're just asking me what would make me happier in a given moment, it would probably be the waffle house.
Speaker 6: I think it's at that that that culture of the waffle house. It's welcoming these people that just want a good bacon, eggs and cheese sandwich, not a steak. That's not why you go to the Oh you've not had their bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, then it's.
Speaker 4: Ago you go for the bacon eggs.
Speaker 2: I get the same thing every time, bacon, egg and cheese on Texas toast, extra pickles.
Speaker 5: Oh preach it, Shannon.
Speaker 4: I thought the whole reason to go to the waffle house was to get a waffle. Oh sorry, I thought, I know that's crazy. And then Birt's chili and then smothered, covered and fluffed. I mean I thought that was what's fluffed? You gotta ask for it. Okay, they only do that in the slow times, you know what. I'm just gonna take a break. Twenty two. I didn't know about the baby. So that's the thing.
Speaker 5: He said, they like waffle house. They're an OKG, And I thought, well, what's an okag? You didn't understand what that means. Well, in the longer quote, that means our kind of guy. So you're an okage.
Speaker 6: If you're like, oh wow, I like that, I'm gonna start saying that you're an okag.
Speaker 5: You're our kind of guy like that. Yeah, there's more from that interview coming out today. I think we're only gonna like.
Speaker 4: Interview that guy. I wish that didn't happen, But they're okaygs eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. The text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. We are in our March frame of mind. We'll take a break and be right back. This is a KSR work. I'm back is Kentucky Sports Radio text Machine seven seven two seven seven four five two five four. One person rights, Matt Ryan's right, you do look like you belong in a waffle house. Yes, I had a I understand that, Like I don't dress I dress like a person who's twenty eight and with jobless. I understand that. But that's okay with me. You know, when we went out Saturday night to the kid Rock Bar, people were just coming up to me and going, I didn't even recognize you with a button up shirt on, and it made me rise. People just don't think of me as a person that might dress well even once.
Speaker 5: Well, that wasn't your club and shirts, so it was you were start. Did he wear the club and shirts?
Speaker 4: Look good? It does not come out very much.
Speaker 5: My goodness, we're talking.
Speaker 4: Like four times a year. Came out that night.
Speaker 5: I was bummed though the weather was so bad. We couldn't wear our cowboy hats. You know, we're cowboys. We just can't get wet.
Speaker 4: As a true cowboy, you're not gonna get your hat.
Speaker 5: I was excited for us to wear those of kidna wear my boots, but they might have gotten dirty. That's true.
Speaker 4: When you're also not gonna do you know, And.
Speaker 6: I don't think Milwaukee's a town for the cowboy boots and cowboy hat.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be in the car. We'll see, we'll see if it if it gets if it gets used. One person rights Matt waffle House isn't about rich or poor. It's about being down to earth. You can have all the money in the world and still be down to earth, but you can be poor and be snotty. I would agree with that. I agree with that sentiment. Yes, there are there are people I know that are very wealthy that are that are still can be down to earth. I think that's harder when they get very wealthy, but there's some that are able to do it. And then there are some people who maybe aren't wealthy, but in their minds still think they're whatever they're So yeah, I would agree with that run.
Speaker 6: And I like this guy, you know, the Okgs. He kind of wants to get those guy's all fit together and bond together. So maybe that's one way can determine. Okay, are you a down to earth kind of guy? Do you like waffle house? Way to determine what busson rates?
Speaker 4: Matt, My mom was very mad that you had put your vibes on KSR plus. She said, Matt should give us all information for free. Well, I understand that, and that's actually where my sympathies lie. This is a conversation for a completely different world. But the market for media has changed exponentially in the last three years. You used to I mean I'll give you a quick version. When I started, everything was behind a paywall or it was like a big like the Herald Leader, right right. I thought that the market inefficiency, to use an economics term, was to put stuff out for free. So I did it, and we built KSR by completely free. Around twenty twenty, I started to see that things were changing exponentially because of social media primarily, but there were other factors, and then it was going to be harder and harder and harder to make money just for free unless you were part of a huge corporation, which is why ultimately I sold, because I thought it was best for KSR to be part of a bigger entity that could package ads, etc. Now what has happened is even in those five years when you click on KSR, when you click on a on an article, used to be we get one set of money. Let's say it's a penny every time you click on it. Now five years later, it's actually gone down. You would expect it to have gone up, We've had inflation and stuff. It's actually gone down because of social media, because of a lot of different things. So now you can't do the same thing. So it's oddly going back in the other direction to where it was years ago, and we're starting to charge.
Speaker 5: And if you look at.
Speaker 4: Every major media outlet, they all have a plus section now, right, ESPN Plus or whatever, And the good ones succeed and the bad ones don't. Right, So you know, when the new owners decide to do the KSR plus, that's.
Speaker 5: Kind of not in my blood.
Speaker 4: But I do understand it because I can read a spreadsheet, and so I would say to people, I totally get it. If you don't want to pay for something, I totally get it. I also would say to you, if you want there to be free information, if you want a radio show that's free, you have to understand that. In order to support that, these places have to do pay stuff. Yeah, which is against my nature, but the market is what it is. If you want to be out of a job, the easiest way to be out of a job is to go I like getting the old DEDs because if you do that, that's the easiest way to just be passed behind. So anyway, but I didn't know any of that was going on. I was out partying with my friend and then I realized, oh my goodness, the world is.
Speaker 6: Mad at me, right, now, so I want to ask these question because I don't know other schools like Alabama football, Michigan football is all their stuff pretty much behind paywalls.
Speaker 4: There is no website in the United States for college sports that is as good as KSR for free. None, There's nobody close, ask anybody in the industry. We give out more free information than any college sports website in America. Our fans have become spoiled to that, which I totally understand. That's a testamental successful we've been. But no other website Drew gives anything out for free. No, and that's just the way it is.
Speaker 5: And I have a lot of fun on our message board. But after being on the free site for ten years, I still didn't even want to put anything on my art and I still don't. I'll get on there and talk on ks board, but I won't put any articles on.
Speaker 4: Hard hard against adding a message board. And then finally they invited me down to on three headquarters and showed me the spreadsheet and said here's what we gotta do, including saying to me, Matt, if we don't add a pay site, we're not gonna be able to keep everybody. And I what am I gonna do say out of the principle, then let's let these two writers go. I can't do that. I'm responsible for these peoples, you know. So that's why we do it. And we have, like we have a very good number of loyal people who have created a community where they get to talk to Drew and they get to talk to all these people. I'm on there a little, but really, Drew Tyler and them are really real and that's that's why it works. So I get it now, I don't own it. They can do whatever they want, such as putting out ads that say Matt Jones wrote this, and then they're getting everybody yell at me. But you know, it's just the nature of it. So you know, I would say to you, go to any other team in America, any other team, and see if you can find any place that gives out as much free content as we do. You're not gonna find it, right, and you're just not.
Speaker 5: That's what I assume when I ask that question.
Speaker 6: Alabama football, nobody football, nobody football not free.
Speaker 4: Now, some of them have a lot of stuff, but you have to pay correct.
Speaker 5: And they've been charging a lot longer than KSR has mostly the other SEC schools.
Speaker 4: We put a lot of people out of business being free, but like just being free in the age that Big Blue Bud can tweet something out like you can't. You can't because Big Blue Bud will just do it right. And so that's why it is. Speaking of Big Blue Bud, Travis Perry, is I think going to play this weekend?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've not heard anything from anybody other than that one guy who said about a hand injury. Nobody else has said anything about it. I haven't heard one of them, not one people. So I think I think he is going to play. I think we're going to be as healthy as we can be Friday. I say that because it's not one hundred percent healthy, but it's as healthy as this team is going to be with where we are right now. When we come back, we'll go through the brackets. Take your calls. If I'm nine two eight oh, twenty two, twenty seven, it's kr.
Speaker 4: TJ.
Speaker 3: Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 5: He'll make them.
Speaker 2: Pay now more Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 3: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize there were so many waffle House songs to be honest with you, did you.
Speaker 6: I had not heard this one. I'd heard the Jonas Brothers one earlier.
Speaker 4: This word Colt Colt four. He's like a country singer. Yeah, yeah, right, I did see when we were on Broadway Wade Hayes, Uh, the country singer. Anybody remember Wade Hayes from the nineties. On a good night, I will drive to the lake, turn on the radio and find George Straight.
Speaker 6: You know that song I.
Speaker 4: I will say.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: One in this bar seemed to be shaking their head like they did, so that's why I stopped the performance. Drew uh he was playing at Eric Church's on Saturday night, and it made me a little sad because I was like, I mean, he's pretty big, like he's just playing, but uh, I hope things are going well for Wade.
Speaker 5: Just down the street while we were at kid Rocks, Ed Sheeran was playing at Tutsis, so he just showed up in celebrity sightings and he was.
Speaker 4: He was wearing So there was this while we were standing in line at kid Rocks, there was this group of girls with a bachelorette party who had a certain kind of pink hat and I think he was wearing one of their hats, because I saw that was what he was wearing when he performed there. He just walked into Tootsies. At a lot of lists. People from this show may have heard it because he just walked in and started performing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a bunch of Morgan Wallen sidings on Broadway. Someone said Kid Rock played at kid Rocks Wednesday, if everywhere.
Speaker 4: If Morgan wall had been there, I'd have been like, hey man, it's because what's up Tommy Wayne. I don't know if that would have I don't know what he would have said.
Speaker 5: He probably wears his cowboy hat in the rain, probably unfortunately.
Speaker 4: All right, let's I wanna go to the phone here and just say, but let's do our first region of I'm gonna go quickly, okay, and we're gonna we're gonna do a consensus pick. Here's what we'll do. The four of us will pick. If there's a tie, we'll go to the audience. All right, all right. I was gonna go to Mario, but he's in Louisville today. All Right, I assume we both all think Auburn's gonna win the first game. Yet Louisville and Creighton who you got Crayton, Creighton, Louisville. I'm gonna take Louisville. You got you Louisville. Louisville goes to the second round. Michigan and UC San Diego. You see, San Diego's very good. Michigan won the Big Ten. Sometimes when you win a big conference tournament, you then lose in the first round of the n c A A, what do you got, I'll go.
Speaker 5: U see San Diego, Michigan.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go San Diego, the Toros or whatever they are. I don't know what do you got?
Speaker 3: This was my twelve five upset. Give me san Diego.
Speaker 4: So we've got San Diego, San Diego, Texas, A and M and Yale, the smart people versus the idiots that dresses Sailors. I'm gonna take uh, I'm gonna take the sailors. I got A and M A and.
Speaker 5: M A and m Alright.
Speaker 4: A and M goes on. Old Miss versus either San Diego State or North Carolina Old Miss. I'm gonna go Old Miss, oh Miss Ole Miss Old Miss moves on Iowa State Lipscomb. Lipscomb's played a lot of good teams this year. They didn't beat any of them, but they played some of them close, played us good for like a half. Uh.
Speaker 5: They're a potential Cinderella story. But I still have Iowa Stelle.
Speaker 4: I was state second best players out.
Speaker 5: Iowa State still in this one.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take Iowa State. Shannon. By the way, it's weird the Iowa State player is just out. They were like, he just needs some time.
Speaker 2: It's like a weird time to take time many.
Speaker 4: I got some time. Marquette and New Mexico Rick Patino Junior versus Shaka Smart and his new hair.
Speaker 5: I actually have New Mexico on my bracket here.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Marquette taking Marquette. Cam Jones is gonna have a big game. What do you got?
Speaker 3: I am Withdrew on this one. I got in New Mexico as a tensel.
Speaker 4: Then we go. We'll start with you. We go to the thing, Marquette, New Mexico from the crowd. Nice all right, nice moves on. Anybody want Bryant against Michigan State. No, they do your hating in the air, but they don't do well at this Auburn and Louisville, Shannon, any chance the cards are gonna right here, this place will be filled with red wins.
Speaker 3: There's always a chance, but I'm gonna pick Auburn on this one, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Drew Auburn, Auburn, I'll take Auburn, all right. Then we've got UC San Diego A and M.
Speaker 5: I've got A and M A and M San Diego A and M. I wasna really excited about that.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Old Miss versus Iowa State.
Speaker 5: I've got Iowa State, Iowa State.
Speaker 4: Old Miss.
Speaker 3: I've got old Miss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, okay, old Miss Iowa State, Sir.
Speaker 5: Old Miss.
Speaker 4: There we go. That's right, all right, New Mexico, Michigan State, Michigan State, Michigan State. I'll take Michigan State State. All right. Now we go to Auburn against A and M an SEC battle in the Sweet sixteen. I'll take Auburn.
Speaker 6: We've got Auburn, Auburn, Auburn.
Speaker 4: Buzz Williams does not get to dance. We've got old or Yes, old Miss versus Michigan State. Three of the four teams in this bracket would end up being SEC schools.
Speaker 5: Auburn, Michigan State is my lead. Yep, Michigan State.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take Michigan State. Check.
Speaker 3: I had all this, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: So let's move, all right, Auburn Michigan State. Does Bruce Pearl go or does Tom Izo get only a second Final four in a law or in a long time. I think he's only had one other one in like twenty years. Does he get it this time?
Speaker 5: Auburn's scaring me a little bit. They've gone the wrong way since pulling the Belts out lectioning in, but I haven't win in this one.
Speaker 6: I think they're mad about that. The way they've lost the Laten season. I'm thinking Auburn, I do wonder did the Belts curse him?
Speaker 4: I mean, I you know, maybe I will, however, take Auburn's chanting Auburn.
Speaker 6: All right, So we've got got Auburn coming out of our bracket, going to the to the couple upsets though we picked in that back thank the we.
Speaker 4: Picked Mark Kat and we picked Ole Miss in a big upset there. Who's up first?
Speaker 3: Shit, Cameron, Cameron?
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Cameron, Hey, Matt, how's it going doing?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 8: You know? You obviously remember what happened with the Brandon Not team in twenty eleven and getting to the Final four. After beating Ohio State in North Carolina. We remember what happened with the Harrison with Aaron Harrison, you know, hitting the threes to beat Louisville, Michigan and Wisconsin in twenty fourteen. Yeah, you know, both of those teams didn't have great regular seasons, but they both had miracle runs to at least the final four. You know, it's gonna be hard without Jackson Robinson and kerk Reesa. I believe, and you know our defensive issues. But I mean, I gotta be honest with you. I like our bracket this year. How much of a chance do you think this team has to be one of those teams that made a run to the final four.
Speaker 4: Well, you got a chance. I mean, I appreciate the call. You got a chance to make a run. I think. You know, I always look at the bracket and say, is there a team that I just don't think Kentucky can beat? And I think the good thing is we got in the one bracket that does not have a team that I don't think Kentucky can beat. I think there's like four teams that would be really hard for Kentucky to beat, and we don't have any of them. We got the one seed that I think the one we have the best shot at we got. I'd rather have had a different two seed. But we've beaten Tennessee, so we know we can drew. So yes, there is a way to make a run. There's also a way to lose. Hopefully not the first game, but we could lose the second one and I wouldn't be surprised at all. So like, this is gonna be kind of a we'll see, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love the draw. It's very rare that two seed is a team you've beaten twice. I bet that doesn't happen very often. Were a lower seed and look up and there's a team you've already beaten twice in the regular season. But you know, it's as expected if you're watching the guys making their brackets on TV. Now, we're a popular pick to get upset. Early, I saw that Evan Maya had said it's the most likely three. I know those it's all that's that's it's predictable, But that's a storyline going into the game that a lot of the national picks are trying to kno Kentucky out.
Speaker 6: Early I saw that what he said it was a twenty percent chance to get out of here.
Speaker 4: He's a twenty percent I don't even know what that means, but uh yeah, so I do like the bracket. But also, you know you certainly can lose. I don't think there's a I don't think yeah, I don't think there's any any doubt about that. Who's next.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Will, Will.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Will.
Speaker 9: I've got a hypothetical for you all. You've got a bowl of one hundred grapes. Okay, one grape is poisonous. How many are you gonna eat?
Speaker 8: The catches?
Speaker 9: You get one hundred thousand dollars for each grape that you only one?
Speaker 4: Okay, I appreciate the call, so I would This is a math question, right, So you got a one in one hundred chance of dye, and then a one in ninety nine chance and a one in ninety eight chance. You know, I'm probably my life's pretty good. I'm probably not eating a grape, so I'm probably good because it's not worth it. There's not gonna be any one hundred thousand dollars not worth with a one and one hundred chance of die. So I'm gonna not eat a grape. How many grapes? Are you gonna eat? Ryns?
Speaker 5: This is tough.
Speaker 6: I mean I need some money, fools a grape tuat? I got kids? How maybe we wolf down the whole bowl, the.
Speaker 3: Whole bowl, even the last one.
Speaker 4: You're already like doing your inheritance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I leave all that.
Speaker 6: I'd say I would probably I would eat ten. Give me a million dollars and I'm out.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you would your risk? Would you go one by one or would you just pick ten up in a bunch.
Speaker 5: And eat it?
Speaker 6: I think I would eat ten at once. I wouldn't go through that torture of one at a time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think. I think it would be torture. You you were gonna do ten? Just pick all ten? You're taking ten, I'm taking ten. I'm taking none, Drew, how many are you taking?
Speaker 5: I've actually heard this hype of this question before, and I've thought about it, and I'm with you, Matt. I just I couldn't be the guy that died eating the grape.
Speaker 4: If may.
Speaker 5: I know, I know the odds are good that it won't get you right away, but just the slim chance that my first grape kills me? What a horrible way, you're a zero. So yeah, I mean as much as I would love one hundred thousand dollars, I will, I will pass.
Speaker 4: Two zeros one ten Shannon, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, like, something's gonna take us out of this world? Why not death by grape? So I'm right, I'd probably eat about ten of them. At least you said one hundred thousand of each one.
Speaker 4: You get a million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's worth it.
Speaker 6: Life changing money or life changing you're dead. You know, either way your life's changing, your life changing ten grapes, you're dead or you're a millionaire.
Speaker 4: I like that it's changing one way.
Speaker 5: It is, Yes, it is, so you would either change.
Speaker 7: My dad and I like grapes, so so part of it for you.
Speaker 4: Is the taste of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like got grape. If you got ten down and you're still alive, you got a million, any chance you'd keep going because he's yeah, getting a little greedy. They're good grapes. Be like, look, these tastes really good, and I'm really hungry their chocolate covered grapes. Oh, now you're killing me.
Speaker 3: Now do I have to pay taxes on these?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: These grapes?
Speaker 4: Grapes I talked to the people. Volunteers of American Mid States is part of Volunteers of America. It's our region's largest nonprofit provider of human services, including housing, justice, veteran support, shelter, and more. They helped those in recovery programs and their success beats the national average. We have a new center in downtown Louisville for unhoused individuals. To learn more about this campus or how you can donate, go to VOAMD dot org. That's VOA Mid States at VOA med dot org or call five O two six three six O seven seven to one. You could also charge for the stream of you eating the grapes. Oh yeah, that would actually make you a lot of money. I'd tune in to watch. I don't know though, I don't know if i'd watch it because I don't want to watch people. You know, when I was in college, they had that video that people, Yeah, it was awful. That was a big thing in our college dorms, that Faces of Doubt, and I couldn't watch it. I thought it was awful, Like it still kind of makes me creeped out today, But there I had people in my college who are like watching it and I couldn't do it. Do you know? You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds like my page on Twitter these days.
Speaker 4: We'll take them b it can be right back, that's on you. This is KR. You want a KSR curse? Yes, there's people telling me that literally today Trump put a terrifying grapes.
Speaker 3: They're poisonous.
Speaker 4: That would be that would be uh, it would be quite a curse if that's true.
Speaker 3: I was asking if there were attacks free you said they're not.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently not not.
Speaker 6: Now so is did I hear today they're releasing all the Kennedy files today? I think he announced he's there.
Speaker 4: I respectfully, I don't know how people fall for any of this things, like like you know, remember they were going to release the epsteam files and it was the stuff that was already out. I mean, I'm sure they may release something, but now I'm gonna sound like Shannon. But if it's something they don't want you to know, it's never coming out. Sure, right, So they may release something, but you know, plus that's.
Speaker 5: Been a long time, Like what.
Speaker 4: What are we gonna do? What are we gonna find out? I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 5: I want to go through the eighty out or we.
Speaker 4: Won't find out. And uh yeah, it's gonna be too many pages for me to keep over. I'm not gonna read it, but I'm sure somebody will tell me. Won't you read?
Speaker 5: I'm a hard pass, all right?
Speaker 4: So I want you to guess. You know, I've explained to you the principle on math about like how you add up the percentages? You know what I mean? So can you do the math? And again this is what someone writes. I didn't do the math, but I'm gonna trust they know, even though they may not. Would you like to know what the percentage chance if you do it ten times you're actually gonna eat one that'll kill you is.
Speaker 5: A point one percent?
Speaker 4: You think it's going to be? You think it's going to be less than it would be?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll go a Why would you say point oh one? I don't know it just kind of can you realize.
Speaker 4: That just eating one it's one percent? You've now made it less than it would have been? Like you realize you have a one percent chance in one of one hundred grapes of diet?
Speaker 5: So what's the answer?
Speaker 4: Why would it be less?
Speaker 5: I don't know what's the answer.
Speaker 3: They're not putting more grapes in the bowl after you one.
Speaker 4: According to this person, thirty eight percent.
Speaker 5: Thirty eight yeah, because it's one percent.
Speaker 4: The first time. Yeah, then it's like one point one or one point to the next, and then you have to do the probabilities of all of winning all of them. I don't know if that number is right. I didn't do the math, but let's say that it is. Are you still doing it?
Speaker 5: Seems a little high? Excuse me a little bit more now, a little high. Maybe I'll just take five grapes instead of ten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think that can't be right. Thirty eight percent feels high to me. I would think it would be like twenty or maybe nineteen or eighteen. Maybe somebody else can do the math. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: I just randomly agree that this texter. I would think if you're taking ten grapes out of one hundred, but it'd just be like ten percent.
Speaker 4: That's not math because you have to consider the chance each time, and then you have to win every time, like you can't lose once. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: What if I just got a handful of ten wouldn't that make it ten percent?
Speaker 4: It seems like it would. Yeah, that's actually I think that makes more sense. Yeah, whoever said thirty eight percents, you're a liar, probably, I guess if if it's yeah, but they wouldn't, the number should still be the same. I would. I don't know. Wait what am I the West Virginia governor. Did you see his press conference yesterday? I saw some of it. A press conference. I mean, this is a complete waste of time, and it's a joke that he's doing it. With that said, if you're gonna do something that's a joke, go all out right. He gets up there to claim he's gonna sue the NCAA for West Virginia not making the tournament. First of all, kudos to his staff. That gave him a lot of numbers. Okay, he had all the quad ones, he had the quad two's. He he had Carolina's resume, he had West Virginia's resume. He also, however, had a podium that on the front of it said National Corrupt Athletic Association.
Speaker 5: Maybe not the best move right now, I think it was.
Speaker 4: A great move. If you're gonna, I mean, listen, if you're gonna be ridiculous, then go all. He said it was, uh, it was egregious. And what was his phrase? It was like a travesty of justice, Like he said, the kind of thing you would do like if you're patient, if your client was about to be executed. That's what he said about West Virginia basketball. What did you think of his press conference?
Speaker 5: My biggest takeaway he said, is just the podium that that took some work. It took some photo shopping. It was the NCAA logo and colors, it was printed out. It looked very professionally done. I mean they went to great links. They were great links to act serious about this. Maybe they are serious.
Speaker 4: I think they clearly are serious.
Speaker 6: I think he's gonna be reelected because now everybody West Virginia probably loves the guy.
Speaker 4: You keep. You were like this yesterday. You think this is like a great move police. So let's use it's Kentucky. Okay, let's say it's Kentucky. Let's say we did not make the tournament and we think we should. Would you want Andy Basheer to sue the NCAA and to give that speech? Like, would you want that?
Speaker 6: I would support him I would be like, yeah, that's my guy, go after many.
Speaker 5: Anything.
Speaker 6: Though, even if you knew he was gonna lose, he still fighting for the little guy. Go go Andy Go.
Speaker 4: Okay, what about you, Drew? Would you want him to do that? Like, I mean some people would have called that like grand State. I mean, maybe fire off the tweet for fun.
Speaker 5: I hope we're not committing too many resources to actually pursuing this. Just feel like there's there's better things that could be done with our time and money. But if it's just a little you know, a video on Twitter or something whatever.
Speaker 4: But this was like behind the podium, this one.
Speaker 5: This is this is an official press confer instance.
Speaker 4: But see Ryan is shitting why they would do it? Because Ryan's sitting there going, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's political move, He's right, I mean there will be so you think, like Ryan, who will vote for him because he's standing up for West Virginia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you think there that it ultimately would be a winning move for a politician.
Speaker 2: He's a politician. He's just being a politician. He's just taking ahead to the next.
Speaker 4: Elections because of people like Ryan. When you sit there and you think why do things happen? Just look at this face right here, Like when you drive around you see all those signs during the election, you go, who votes based on the yard side, Ryan, I do.
Speaker 5: He's all right?
Speaker 6: Sign on the way to the pulling booth America.
Speaker 4: Who's up there, Kelly, Kelly, go ahead, Kelly.
Speaker 10: Hey, I'm actually the one that sent in.
Speaker 4: That math thing, by the way, And was it right?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So it basically involves just probability. So you kind of had it right where if you take the first glip out of the ball, you essentially have a ninety nine percent chance of living.
Speaker 4: But what about Drew's point? Then if you picked ten at once? But what about Drew's point, if you pick ten at once, isn't it just a ten percent chance?
Speaker 10: That one blew my mind because I feel like the answer is yes, And I don't know how those two answers can be different.
Speaker 4: I agree with you. I don't know how those two answers. Yeah, no, I know them. I know them. Hall problem. We just got like thirty seconds, so we can't go into it.
Speaker 10: But I yeah, yeah, it feels like to me.
Speaker 4: Your number, your number is probably right, but Drew seems right too, So.
Speaker 10: I don't know, I know, and they can't both be right at the same time, which is like like matth is so Finch bring and it is not as into it is as it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well, thank you very much, Kevin. I don't Kevin seems right and you seem right. I know Ryan's not right with point oh one, but we'll take a break. Come back number two. It's KSR.