Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily. But we're not slipping all over the field. I'm Greg Rosenthal here to talk about a wild, weird game in Brazil between the Packers and the Eagles. The Eagles come out on top, thirty four to twenty nine. And yes we are live on YouTube, and I'm so lucky today to be joined by Adam Lefgo of TNT, fame host of the NBA on TNT, also host of The Mountain West. Catch him in the studio on Saturday with some Idaho Wyoming. He does the big podcast with Shaki. Does it all, but most importantly, he's also a football guy. I know this, and he's an Eagles fan. A lot happened in that game, Adam, Just how are you feeling right now?
Speaker 2: I think the thing that I'm ill wrestling with is as the Eagles were on the one yard line, you know, Greg texts me and he's like super excited, man. And then as that happens, they fumble the snap. And I would have blamed all of this on Greg Rosenthal. I am that superstitious of a fan. I think for me, like the big, big, big takeaway is for that to be a home game for the Eagles in a place where both teams were green and you're not allowed to wear green, and the field was an absolute mess, so much so that like a field judge if you remember, it was getting like his ankle taped in the second quarter and how that ended with Jordan Love, And I hope he's okay. I understand that now in a PowerPoint presentation, the NFL can say we've played a game in South America. I just have to ask, when do we start going is this worth it? Because that listen, man, I'm pumped. But at the same time, I know we want world domination and we want to conquer all the continents. But I hope he's okay. I really hope Jordan Love's okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So look, if if you weren't an Eagles fan and there wasn't so much crazy stuff happening in that game, that's obviously that the way we would start.
Speaker 3: We'll get to all the craziness in the game.
Speaker 1: Because again, like I've never been to you know, Carnival before, of course, but I happen to a lot of Marty Gras in New Orleans, and that game kind of was like.
Speaker 3: Like a Marti Gras. It was just like sloppy. It was fun, but it was dumb.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of scoring, there was a lot of slipping and falling. How how far can I take this? I'm not sure what I'm really gonna remember, although that was true until the Jordan Love moment at the end. Unfortunately, and so he was helped off the field on the second to last or third to last play of the game, really heads up play from him.
Speaker 3: They had no timeouts left.
Speaker 1: He was setting up to possibly throw a hail Mary and he was about to get sacked, and he lateral the ball to Josh Jacobs, who got out of bounds and gave them a couple more plays, but his knee got twisted. It looked like by Jalen Carter on that play he looked to be in a lot of pain, although when he got up walked off the field, was on the sideline and then helped to this you know, the locker room after. I don't know, I just don't want to guess. I've been in too many of these situations, and it's just when people hear this, they might already know what the answer is.
Speaker 3: So just we just hope that that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Ruin an NFL team that we want to watch for even a couple of weeks or certainly longer than that, we won't know. But yeah, Malik Willis, who casuals might not realize they just traded for to be their backup quarterback, came in and he got sacked at the end of the game. Actually, to feel a little happier just about the whole situation, let's listen to the last play of the game by NBC's Noah Eagle.
Speaker 2: Here, here's the ball game final three seconds from Brazil, Willis slips, Willis.
Speaker 3: Steps up, goes down game ender. Who else but Zack bah What a day?
Speaker 2: The linebacker seals it and the Eagles, in this battle of heavyweights, start the season with a win.
Speaker 3: Was who else but Zach Bond?
Speaker 1: I will remember that well, fifteen tackles, two sacks. I've got some friends who now do that. The Saints block party podcasts, who have been They've been talking about the bonfire the rise of Zach Bond for years, waiting for it to happen. The Saints just gave him chance after chance after chance. They never knew how to use him. They kind of use him as an edge rusher, and now he's an off ball linebacker, and Howie he's gonna have some misses and some wins this offseason. He looks like a win because that's been a problem position for them, and he was a monster tonight.
Speaker 2: He didn't even know who he was going to be used. At his introductory press conference with the Eagles, he said, I can't wait to finally be an edge rusher, and now he's out there at middle linebacker. That's one of the big story lines. I had a bunch written down beforehand that I was paying attention to. One, No, Devin White doesn't make the trip, how does Nakobe Dean do after two years of barely playing? And Zach Bond. I thought both played very well. Obviously they let up some big plays, but they also made some big plays. Nakobe Dean, like the Eagles, had two plays one the Nacobe Dean picked six that he just dropped. Green Bay scores later on that drive Darius Sleigh force to fumble, green Bay recovers it. They then score again on that drive. So it was a lot of missed opportunities. I thought with both teams. I thought Jordan Love had some wide open receivers. Whether that was slipping from him or slipping from the receivers, both in the end zone and just driving. Jalen Hurts made some throws one that was really bad red zone interception, a few that were on the sideline where you're sitting there going what are you even looking at? As you texted me, it was a very week one game, and I don't know if you were trying to allude to this. It kind of was like the bird Been Street of first games in terms of like your people are slipping and falling in their drinks. You look up and you're like, whoa those people are partying. Then you see, like the greatest someone does a backflip. It very much was like where am I right now? Where is Bryce Huff right now? I have no idea. I would love for him to show up. I was texting with Jason Kelcey during the game. We were both very impressed with Mackay Becton and just I mean.
Speaker 1: Let's stop right there. You regularly text with Jason Kelcey and the.
Speaker 2: Friends with the Kelsey's before they got like really big, and so now that they're like hanging out with Taylor Swift and doing commercials for Hellman's, I can still. I can still hit them up. But yeah, I'm also just sitting there going, man, I wonder what Jason thinks about Makai Becton right now. That's the key is I only text them.
Speaker 3: We're on it.
Speaker 1: Give us some Kelsey nuggets, Like what was he thinking about this offensive line?
Speaker 3: It's like they were blocked.
Speaker 1: I'm not a guard expert, but it seemed like they were running behind Beckden pretty effectively tonight.
Speaker 2: They were, And he was saying that the tandem of him and Cam Jurgens, he was very impressed with. I was also texting right when the Eagles offense thought they got an off sides and then I think hurts through the I int and so that's when we stopped communicating. But he said, he said, other than the first the fumble in the beginning, which was bad, and the pick in their own zone, the offensive line really gelled after that. I think he was impressed.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I will speak for the Packers fans or the others that are listening hearing Kelsey talk up Cam Jurgens and point out like they had two failed touch pushes and they fumbled the ball and he had an early snap to Jalen Hurtswitch. I don't know if that's on Hurts or Durgons, but it seemed like goes on Jurgons. And then the play that you mentioned at the end of the game. As great a game as Saquon Barkley had, and yes he had three touchdowns in this game, he grinded. He caught a wheel route for a touchdown on a great throw by Jalen Hurts. We'll get to Jalen Hurts's wild night. The biggest play that Saquon Barkley made was covering that fumble they were up to. They're on the goal line trying to kill the clock, trying to score a touchdown with under one minute to go, and that was given me like reverse miracle at the Metal Lands. I know they were on the one yard line, so it wasn't the same situation. But in that situation, if the Packers had fallen on the ball, I would have fully expected them to go down and kick a field goal, despite their shaky field goal kicker that they picked off Off Waivers, whose miskick was big.
Speaker 3: In this game. Like so much happened in this game, it is tough to recap it all.
Speaker 2: Think about those three points and then think about when they made the extra point off sides on the Eagles decide to go for two and then don't get it, So that's another point. That's four points right now. Then they'd be down by one. I also want to say to Packers fans, you have every reason to be upset with those two defensive holding calls against the Packers when the Eagles were wasting clock going down the field. The first one looked like Davonte Smith Davante just kind of slipped. And the second one on Saquon Barkley. I thought Jalen Hurts was already running out of the pocket when they called holding on uh. I think it was Kenny Clark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was the first It was the first week for everybody. But those two calls to me were not great calls.
Speaker 3: No, they weren't.
Speaker 1: So to set up the situation, the Packers have the ball driving down five. It's been a back and forth game, bunch of lead changes, high scoring, and the Packers are inside the ten yard line midway through the fourth quarter. I believe it was a fourth and five from the eight. Now, the analytical models say that's a go for it there, because at the time of the game, you're so close to scoring the touchdown, you're only cutting the lead to two. You know, it reminds you a little bit of Aaron Rodgers in San Francisco in the playoff game where McCarthy kicks a field goal. Not as egregious because of the time and because it gets it to to not as egregious as that playoff moment. But I was thinking, as an Eagles fan, I'm happy that they're kicking the field goal in that situation. I'm not an Eagles fan, but if I was, like a closet Eagles fan, it's kind of one of my team really. Yeah, I mean not like with other teams. You know, you take them and you leave them. They don't hurt you when they lose. But it hurt me a little bit when they lost that Super Bowl. I always just like the Eagles. I always pick them to win. Yeah, they're a fun team. So the Eagles get the ball back with just under eight minutes to go, and they essentially end the game with that drive. They hold it till there's twenty seven seconds left, and if not for that fumbled snap, and I don't know if it was Jalen Hurts or Jurgens's fault they try to toush push on the goal line. They would have scored a touchdown there to win it. Instead, they gave twenty seven seconds for the Packers to go try to score but have drive. Nonetheless, yeah, you got a couple calls in there, but you also saw Jalen Hurts finally make some plays with his legs after making really poor decisions throughout the course of the game of when to run when not to. Saquon Barkley picked up a couple first downs there. He finishes with one hundred and nine yards on the ground, twenty three in the air, three touchdowns, and even his yards per carry was brought down because he had so many of those, just like two yard runs right at the end as they're killing clock. Just an awesome performance by Saquon Barkley. You have to feel good that Saquon Barkley is on your team.
Speaker 2: The other guy that I thought was huge on that drive was DeVante Smith. He had one catch in which he sliced through two defenders, got the first down, and that slant inside the red zone, which was you know, shout out to Kellen Moore. I haven't seen a play call like that in a few years, not really since Stiching, And so, I.
Speaker 1: What do you mean just being like that aggressive in that situation. And so to set that up second and eight seventeen yard line two minutes and ten seconds left, So that's a ballsy call there to not run the ball and go for the first down right there.
Speaker 2: I felt for the last eighteen months that would have been a wide receiver screen for the Eagles, or that would have been like a Kenny Gainwell draw. And to trust Hurts in that situation after some of those passes that he had earlier, I thought was really great. I do think this. I've been wondering about this Hurts now for two years. I personally believe that Hurts was never fast, whether there was injuries or not. But I think everyone wanted to defend the edge against him, and they were afraid of him taking sideline and he would always do that dead leg move where he'd stop and go upfield. And I think last year everyone realized he's not trying to get outside, He's trying to cut in and that's why he constantly falls down. But what I realized on that last drive was out of spread, when he can run between the tackles, very effective runner the RPO. I think they really need to sit down and think, like, just give it to Saquon because I don't think Hurts off the RPO anymore as a productive football play.
Speaker 1: No, the decision making is what killed him. And we heard that he was feeling healthier in training camp and that they were trying to use the run game and that we're hearing positive things, but he seemed a little scrambled tonight. What a weird game because you look at the numbers and it's thirty four to twenty nine.
Speaker 3: At the end of the game.
Speaker 1: You look at the offensive yardage, both teams go over four hundred and that was after the first five drives of the game. Neither team at any yards. I think it was a total of thirty nine yards in the first five drives and then they explode. And yet both quarterbacks were up and down at best. I would say Hurts was up and down because he made a bunch of good plays. He made a lot of bad plays. Jordan Love was more just struggling, but Hurts, I think it was easier to understand when the ball comes out on time. It was good, made a number of nice rows, you meant and Devanta Smith that was one of the more impressive. What he goes seven to eighty four something like that. Every one of those was huge, difficult catches over the middle. But good throws to him too. The nice throw to AJ Brown by Hurts on a play that AJ Brown takes to the house. Actually, let's let's listen to that one from Noego. That was a fun play.
Speaker 2: Down in seven. Hurts with time loves it over the top, Browns got it.
Speaker 3: There goes aj Brown. Floyd didn't speed.
Speaker 1: Touchdown sixty seven of yours, okay, So that that is AJ Brown just housing jay R Alexander who was shadowing him early in the game. They stopped shadowing him after that, and Alexander actually had a nice interception to make up for it later. But that's what that's what Hurts does well. He throws a nice go ball nothing over the middle of this game. And I give Kellen Moore a lot of credit too. I'm gonna give Sirianni credit a little later, but Kellen Moore versus the Blitz and Jalen Hurts give him the credit. The last year, I always thought it was more on the co and then just Jalen Hurts in a game where Hurts was fourteen of twenty seven with two interceptions in one hundred and eighty seven yards six point nine yards per attempt when he wasn't blitzed Tonight left go.
Speaker 3: Can I call you Leftgo? You kind of go? Last name?
Speaker 1: You know, I prefer that we've only met once at a at a Super Bowl dinner. That Anna Kaims through like seven years ago is a long time.
Speaker 2: Ago, happy early birthday mina.
Speaker 1: Six for seven against the Blitz, Jalen Hurts, Wow, ninety one yards a touchdown, perfect passer rating, so like that those were their best plays, including, by the way, on that last drive. One of his big completions was against the Blitz. But the Packers almost stopped using it because it wasn't working. So that's something they fixed that they might have spent all off season on that, at the you know, expense of some other things.
Speaker 2: There was a series of five games last year when I think, if you look back at it now, you realize why that plumbing for the Eagles was so drastic. They beat in succession Miami by double digits, Washington, Dallas at Kansas City they won and then Buffalo in overtime. This felt very much like that series of games where I don't know how the Eagles pulled it out. But there are so many things that I'm still terrified of after this game that I still think are huge issues that Aj Brown's gonna make. Aj Brown plays Saquon that catch for that first touchdown. I mean that was like wide receiver level stuff. But I still sit here after Week one, even though it's against another team that's a favored to win their division, and I'm just thinking about, Okay, Quinya Mitchell was good, but man, they were picking on Avonte Maddox a ton They really need Cooper dejen to get in there and be what he's expected to be the pass rush from the exterior. Is that because the field was so bad, or you know, are we really missing you know, some of the pass rushers that we let go. I'm definitely like still a little bit glass half empty, even though I can't believe the Eagles somehow won this game.
Speaker 1: Well, that that's what Eagles fans are gonna do, and I think that makes sense. I wouldn't feel great about them if I was an Eagles fan after tonight, but it doesn't matter these week one. I think fans and us in the media really over rate September. It really is extended preseason. They're not just saying that, like they haven't played almost any snaps and then they play seventy in sou Paolo on a super slippery field. It's just like, get a W and try to stay healthy. And that that's the why the Jordan loved thing and they had a healthy night. The Eagles, they got a W that might come in really handy when it comes to playoff seating. We'll see they don't have the toughest schedule in the world, the Eagles, so this is one of the tougher games neutral site. You get the W, you move on, you try to work on and you try to just have things somewhat under control in late November, and that's when they started falling apart last year. Before we move on from the Eagles, because I want to just kind of dive into what happened with the Packers and we'll let you know while we're taping we hear anything about Jordan love. I want to bring you back to the end of the first half. Give Nick Sirianni some love and give the analytics department there to whoever's helping him make these decisions. I mean, Todd Blackledge was shocked that they're going for it on fourth and three with like a minute forty left in the first half. They think they're going to kick, like multiple they take the time out, they don't kick. They tried to get them with the hard count because they got them earlier. It didn't work. They did take the time out. Then they come back out and they still think that they're going to take another time out. You can't take a time out there. It's against the rules. At that point, they're definitely going for it, and it made total sense. That was a go for it situation. But that was one of DeVonta Smith's great catches over the middle. A nice throw by Jalen Hurts, who isn't known for throwing over the middle. That great and the reason you go for it there not only is just to keep the ball a minute forty left, you're getting the ball after halftime. They did a great job bleeding the rest of the clock. They didn't get the touchdown there, they ended up backing up, but they did end the half with the ball, so you got the three points. You prevented the Packers from getting the three points, you get a touchdown out of the half, so that's a ten point sandwich there. And that's all for going for it on fourth down. And whenever they get those fourth downs, no one ever talks about it. But if they didn't get it, people would be killing them, and people aren't killing the Packers for not going for it. Like the two fourth down decisions were pretty crucial in this game.
Speaker 2: I do think that fourth down is overshadowed by Hurtz's bad decision afterwards, because they did settle for a field goal on that drive where he just took. When a quarterback is rolling out and they think they're going to get sacked and they don't throw it away, it's one of those moments where as a fan, you think I would have thrown it away. I also realized, as you're talking right now, we have a rules analyst in every booth. I believe that there should be like just like they have, he can call up a referee. They should be able to call up Greg Rosenthal whenever somebody says something that is like a statement that would have maybe thirty years ago, like when someone goes take the points, I almost think you need to pop up in a box and be like, actually, like I understand you're saying this. Here's why because the like Noah Eagle's never gonna step on the color commentators stuff. He'd ever wants to seem like like have an intellectual discussion. But I do think it needs to happen. Because I was with you as he was saying that. I was like, somebody has to argue the other side here, because we can't just live in this world of take the field goal.
Speaker 1: But we end up talking about that on Twitter. I have news for you. There is that guy. He exists. His name is Sam Schwarztein. He's on the Amazon Prime like Next Gen Stats, and I don't want to make this about being Jewish here, but yeah, he's another another member of the tribe. But he's like six foot three and a former offensive lineman. He does I don't know if he pops up and tells them not to go, but they provide all the analysis. My son loves the Next Gen Stats on the Amazon broadcast, so that's.
Speaker 2: Not to bring it to basketball. One of my favorite local broadcasts is the Portland Trailblazers because they have an analytics guy that comes in and will break down. Hey, I know you guys thought that was a bad decision. Here's why it actually makes sense. I okay, so me and your son have a lot in common.
Speaker 3: I dig this.
Speaker 1: You should check out that broadcast. All right, left, go, We still have a lot to get to. Let's take a quick break and we will finish our recap after that.
Speaker 3: By the way, I just checked out you know where.
Speaker 1: We have people chatting here, so if you want to ask us questions, Eric, you can throw up some comments from the chat.
Speaker 3: I like, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: They people seem to be happy that we had a.
Speaker 3: Game in Brazil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very I will go to a question from Sam Bruce Smith here that says, are we sure the Packers upgrade and decoordinator? Okay, they gave up a bunch of big plays, but let's give it a little more time. With with Jeff Hafley, like, I didn't see anything that makes me concerned.
Speaker 3: This was just a crazy game.
Speaker 1: And yeah it hurts he looked before I finally move on from the Eagles, Like he just looked so uncomfortable when he held the ball, just like he's not a creator right now. And so despite the numbers that he had which were decent, Like his awareness level was just like not really there this game. But that was also true for Love and so we'll talk about him. They both had near pick sixes. Love was kind of all over the place with accuracy. Obviously, the injury hangs over this game, but it was a game I think that we can expect out of Jordan Love. He is a wild horse. He is going to have ups and downs. I always remember when he was playing in the preseason. I just thought this defined him so well. If you added up all of his preseason numbers before he became the starter, he was the NFL leader among like those three years for pffs big time throws per per per snap, and the NFL leader in turnover where he plays per snap, and he he minimized like the risk taking last year.
Speaker 3: But he's one of those guys.
Speaker 1: He's very farvying in that he's gonna have like crazy amazing games and bad game. Like to me, he's young Josh Allen before joshut. I know, he's a little cleaner than Josh Allen when was in his first couple of years. But there's gonna be just like wild ups and downs. In this game, had that.
Speaker 2: Who was the backup behind Josh Jacobs running back. He had a few runs where I was like, I think this guy is better than Josh Jacobs. Man.
Speaker 1: You also got like, yeah, he had a forty six yard he had he had a big run in this game. Jacobs was started slow, but then he ended up finishing quietly with eighty four yards on the ground. Like started getting it going in the second half a little bit.
Speaker 2: But we're where do you see the Packers offensive line? Because I've always like just looking at someone like Brandon Thorne's rankings and seen them at like eighteen and seeing that they're kind of average. I just felt like for so much of the FARVN Rodgers runs they had just stalwart offensive lineman. And I don't know where this group ranks in comparison to those.
Speaker 3: Where does he have them ranked? By the way, did you did you look?
Speaker 1: I bet pretty happy think I saw him at eighteen? Oh really see, I would have guessed they would have been higher. They've had some changes Josh Myers. Also, their their center got banged up on that same play that Jordan loved at the end, So we'll keep an eye on that.
Speaker 3: Zach tom at tackle like.
Speaker 1: It's a better group I think together than Elton Jenkins can play every different position. I actually expect them to be like a pretty good offensive line today. I would say they shut down your boy. Bryce Huff, who was little concerning it wasn't on the field a ton. Nolan Smith played a little more than I expected, had a couple pressures. Josh Sweat played played fine. Jalen Carter certainly had a good game. Jordan Davis made some plays.
Speaker 3: You mentioned.
Speaker 1: Nikobe Dean, who was in the middle of a lot of good plays, also got burned for a big place, you know, but I think they got to be happy that he's at least playing aggressive.
Speaker 3: Overall, I think the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Defense probably looked better than the Packers defense.
Speaker 2: I my hope for Eagles fans out there is Eagles fans always for some reason, even though we won a Super Bowl in twenty seventeen, we go back to those early two thousands teams, the three straight, four straight NFC championship and what I love? Can I name drop?
Speaker 3: I was you just said you texted you know with Kelsey earlier? I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was drinking with Charles Barkley last week, and I said, what I loved about Jim Johnson was that he was this old professor that you never was worried he was going to take a head coaching job. You just knew that he was going to dial up some crazy stuff. And I love getting Vic Fangio at this stage in his career where he's close to family in the Philadelphia area. He's already had a taste of head coaching and now he could just sit back and be like the crazy defensive mastermind again. I feel like they dialed back the blitz because of the lack of traction, Like it felt very much like the Super Bowl field where like the Eagles had the most sacks in the history of the NFL and then couldn't generate any pressure on Patrick Mahomes. So maybe they will dial up more blitzes. I thought one thing he was doing schematically was like right before the snap would be moving Zach Bond from that middle linebacker position and then going from like a four down lineman and making him a fifth down lineman, almost like a bear front type of thing. And so my hope is that Vic Fangio is going to enter his Jim Johnson era and that I will be the de because the Eagles lost coordinators. I saw that during the game. Third like the third year of different OC and DC. If he can be consistency, that I think will be huge for the franchise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's kind of a cliche I've I've found covering Vic Fangio over the last ten years or whatever as a coordinator because he's jumped around, and then as a head coach too, It's like his defenses always take time to get going because he's not someone who dumbs it down. So he just then blames the players and hates the players if it doesn't work, like pretty much most of last season in Miami, Like he never really got over that he didn't do a great job in my Yeah, and so that was personality, but it's also it's complicated, and you could see it tonight and so you saw the blown coverage on the Jayden Reid has that long seventy plus yard touchdown. Jayden Reid is a player. Another long touchdown on a run thirty three yards. I mean, he is a rare guy that is as quick as he is fast. He's so good short area, but he also has great straight line speed. He might be the leading receiver for the Packers. But yeah, I saw some of the confusion in this game. But for the most part, You're right, they were creative and actually the numbers and I was I would have agreed with you about the Blitz, but looking at my NFL pro I'm telling you I'm diving deep into this this year after these games. Six for twelve against the Blitz for Jordan Love for thirty eight yards, so three point two yards again, so I don't think there was a lot of big plays. There were no sacks, but they basically got him to get rid of the ball quickly and they didn't make any big plays. So for the most part, I thought they they had it dialed down now now like the Packers also helped them out. Jordan Love missed open receivers some of those numbers with his you know, in terms of his completion percentage, Like early in the game, Dontavian Wix drops a couple passes because he slipped. I mean, there was so much slip, you know. I know I didn't like back your point about the field. It's not because I work for the NFL. It's obvious it was. It was a bit of a disaster. Now, that was the same story as during the Super Bowl game that they lost. It wasn't nearly it wasn't as bad, but I think the same thing happened here. And they said it on the broadcast, like, if they played this game in the afternoon, it would have been fine. The sun, the sun, you know, but they play it at night and it's this grass field that hasn't had a lot of football on it, and it gets humid and it's dewey, and they're slipping all over the place, and it's a bit of a problem because they're not going to put that game in the afternoon because they want it in primetime. And you're right, it was kind of it was embarrassing because it played a huge factor in the first half of this game, really the whole game. I think just the players managed to adjust themwhat you.
Speaker 2: Could see at the halftime interview, you know when when they're interviewing the coach and he's just like, it's a problem, you know, because everyone loves to talk about, oh, just change your cleats. Yes. The only thing that's good about a field like that is you avoid a lot of acl issues because most of the time that's caught by like a Clik getting stuck in the turf Green Bay. Question for you, were you surprised at how little must was playing because as an Eagles fan, I have watched tight ends destroy this team for two seasons and for him to be like Craft got more of the snaps. But I just had heard about Muskgrave for weeks and then I felt like he was barely out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually drafted him like as a backup in my fantasy league because I didn't know if I had a healthy guy for a week what I didn't play him, So I'm glad with that. I'm surprised it was. It was one game. I could check the participation see. I think he was out there a decent amount. But to your point, I think Tucker Craft is going to be a big part of their offense. They really like tucker Craft. They they have so many players to update. Jordan Love this will be the last one, at least, like an official update for the night. Lafleur just said, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. The Twitter doctors aren't really in agreement. I'm hoping what you say about the slipperiness means it's less serious than it could be and yeah, you nailed it. A Musgrave only went out for eight routes in this game, twenty eight. Yeah, I don't know the total snaps and twenty eight for Kraft. So Kraft was the guy and they pretty much played Dobbs and read As as the main receivers and Wicks as the third guy. And so yeah, we we spend all off season kind of looking at this stuff trying to figure out and yeah, we do. It is fun when we do get some answers. Let's let's let's speak of answers. Let's let's get another question from the commenters. Look, this is only the second time we've gone live on YouTube, Adam, so I feel thanks for the Yeah, I appreciate you doing it. Let us know listeners out there if you like the live. Mark Henry asked, Philly put up thirty four despite two bad picks, a fumble and a botch snap taking an TD off the board. Should that make us feel better about Philly or worse about Green Bay? I would say better about Philly. I think Jason Kelsey he keeps coming up. I saw a tweet he had after the game, and I think he's right, and this is true about the Eagles a lot because their players are so good. He thought it was a great performance. Of course he's gonna over praise them, but when they're great, they're pretty great, like and they made a lot of great plays on defense and offense today, and they were quite sloppy. But I think it's a good thing that Philly had. It's a reason why my friend Cynthia Frielan, who does all these computer models, he's into the analytics.
Speaker 3: She has been winning the Super Bowl, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: It's very ske I think it's partly schedule based and that the NFC is weak based, but it's also just their players are awesome, especially in the lines. Uh, And I think that's what the Eagles fans have to hang their hat on.
Speaker 2: From a flow of offense perspective, again, it wasn't stich In level, which was I mean, I still can't believe I got to watch that offense, and when I watched the Colts last year, I get glimpses of it and that guy is just a mastermind. But it never did. There was only a few drives where it felt really stagnant, and I felt like I still think that one hurts turnover was because they were expecting an off sides lane. Johnson kind of let his guy rush and was just pointing that there was movement, but it didn't. They were able to get the ball to aj Brown in space. What you said about Hertz, the ability to throw intermediate routes was a huge issue last year. The Eagles offense last year felt like it was either a forty yard pass or a bubble screen. And the fact that it was so little screen usage. I think a lot of Eagle fans are a little bit traumatized whenever Kenny Gainwell is catching the ball in important positions. But even when he did, he had a huge broken tackle that turned into a first down and completely redeemed himself. The offense definitely for a new OC, a new center after a decade of a Hall of Fame center, a new third wide receiver still trying to figure that out, I thought that they really did show a lot of promise. The question will be what the heck were those throws by Jalen Hurts, the crossbody interceptions, the one to start the game to Xavier McKinnon, e the one towards the end to jay r Alexander is what was he seeing and what you said earlier too, which was he didn't seem comfortable, and so will that happen? Is it just week one? Because I think your point about it being extended preseason is valid as well.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, he he honestly looked a little lost once he got past his first read and he had the ball to him two and a half seconds, so that that worries me. And he kind of the book is out that he's always drifting to the right. I'm looking at some of these comments and someone called you the name drop master over here.
Speaker 2: You know who else calls me that, Travis Kelsey. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. And yeah, people are excited to build up this live stream. I appreciate you, Adam for joining me on this. I think it's a big win for the Eagles. It would have felt really bad for them to lose this game. Packers fans, unfortunately, are are fearing the worst rate now for Jordan Love and yeah, we'll we'll keep updating that situation. Ryan Tannehill is a free agent, just to kind of put it out there, because Malik Willis I just don't think from what we've seen, is ready to win games. If he has to step in. Sean Clifford was their backup last year. I believe he's on their practice squad now. They cut my boy Michael Pratt, who went to Tulane. He's now on the Bucks practice squad. So we'll see. We'll see what the Packers cannot.
Speaker 2: We cannot end on the note that the Green Bay Packers quarterback battle is going to be what we've been seeing in the Tennessee Titans for the last few years, like Tannehill versus well Leak. We're like, oh man, that's so.
Speaker 1: Sad and I and in Tannehill frankly looked a little cooked last year. It was a tough situation in Tennessee. So they actually play the Titans in a couple of weeks. They play the Colts next week, the Vikings after that. So not a hard schedule, not any schedule, kind of a down the middle schedule where the Packers the Eagles can feel much better about where they're at.
Speaker 3: And thank you for staying up so late. You're in a hotel. Where are you? You're down in Atlanta or something.
Speaker 2: I am in Atlanta, Georgia. We are getting ready. If you guys are listening to this on Saturday morning and you want to watch some football myself. Hall of Fame cornerback Chant Bailey, the Dancing Sensation and wide receiver Victor Cruz, and the all time linebacker ta Keio Spikes breaking down college football on True TV. It is a mad lib. I never thought i'd say, but brother, I could talk about Saboda and Wyoming and how Idaho hasn't won there since nineteen twenty one.
Speaker 3: So I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, just a note of hope for Packers fans. It's a long season. I know it's such a bummer to start this way. So I'm thinking good thoughts for you. Hey, Exavier at McKinney, he looked great. I think you got a good one in Javon Boullard, your safety, all those.
Speaker 2: Free got around amazing.
Speaker 1: Long term, it's all good, and hopefully the short term for Jordan Love will be good too. All Right, that is it. We will be back on Sunday night. Yet it's the Sunday Night recap show. We are gonna be hitting every single game. We will not be going live on YouTube on Sunday nights just after these T and F and in primetime games. But Patrick Claybond will be with me, Nick Schook will be with me. I cannot wait for that until then. So glad that football is back.