Speaker 1: Literally goes on the line making oone calls every night every week, goes to teaching news of your life. Money's not really an expert.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, how you doing? How's life? I'm not going to ramble on for too long, but this is the Therapy Gecko podcast. How's it going? I normally I haven't been doing these intros lately, but I figure I haven't uploaded an episode in a while, so, you know, I thought it would be a good idea to come on here and explain why. And the reason is is that lately I have been lazy.
Speaker 3: You can call the.
Speaker 2: Gecko every Monday, Wednesday Friday ten pm Eastern Standard Time on Twitch dot tv, slash Lyle forever and let's get into it. I feel bad about not uploading, so this is going to be a longer episode and we got some good calls in here tonight. I'm not going to give any spoilers and I'm gonna shut the hell up and get into it. Geck Nation Forever. Baby.
Speaker 4: Call from Alex.
Speaker 5: Alex am I on with the Gecko.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: This is great? I uh, I love this show. I'm gonna walk in and listen for a few weeks now, it's kill it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, man. I appreciate that. Is there anything sort of in particular that you wanted to talk about tonight, Alex.
Speaker 5: I was hearing you asking about money. Yeah, I'm hoping to talk about what money is.
Speaker 2: Tell me asks what is money?
Speaker 5: It's slavery, Gecko. It's just a form of controlling people.
Speaker 2: It's a way of controlling people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, there could be other ways to exchange things. We could exchange kindness or good deeds or art or happiness, but we choose money. Stupid.
Speaker 4: If you're asking me, I want.
Speaker 2: To hear more about this, this economy that runs on exchanging kindness, I will.
Speaker 5: You know, I wish, I wish I had more experience with it, you know what I mean? Like I don't get it day to day. But I think I think instead of valuing cash or valuing purchases, we can value how you make people feel. And I think there's ways to measure that. I think besides just how you talk to people or how people react to you good things to believe you and.
Speaker 2: You believe that there can be an objective measurement of kindness that you can then use to weigh to to you know, exchange for another thing of equal value. So like if I'm a level nine kindness to you, you'll give me bread, and bread is worth level nind kindness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but even one step more than that, right, It's like I won't exchange bread for for your kindness. I want to give you bread or I want to feed you because I recognize that you're kind. You know, it's even being moving beyond just a transactional sort of economy. We won't have like an exchange there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like, how would you get bread?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean if if I'm giving you the bread, right, if you're so kind, you know I'm giving you the bread. Yes, I want to live with you. I want to tend to your land, you know. I want to plant your soil or you plow your soil.
Speaker 2: Whatever they But I don't want I don't want everyone that I buy bread with. I don't want everyone that I buy bread from to live with me. Like if I went to the grocery store and I went to buy bread and the cash, you're asked to live with me, I would say.
Speaker 8: No, totally.
Speaker 5: I hear you, but you know you wont your kindness or your your your positive energy won't match up with those people you don't want to share those uh those energies with, or that your personal space with.
Speaker 2: You know, I would say no, even if he was really really nice, I would still not lesto wouldn't let him live with me.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see what you're saying. You may not do good in this economy if you're not you know, if you're not trying to might not be Actually that brings.
Speaker 2: Up a good wan What what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: How does someone survive in this economy if they're an asshole? What?
Speaker 9: What do they do?
Speaker 2: What are they to do?
Speaker 5: That's what's It's not going to be good for them. You know, they're going to be pushed to the curve.
Speaker 2: You know what if they have what a they have skills? What if like all, what if it turns out that everyone who is has the skill of creating bread is an asshole? What are we going to do?
Speaker 5: My theory is kind of a breaking down here. There might be some sort of bartering that has to just take place. But maybe maybe it's not just positive things. Maybe there's there's other things that you were just a really interesting development that you raise here, It won't necessarily be positive things that that go good. You know, we have to fight, we have to kill animals. You know that's not positive energy necessarily. Maybe we don't have to kill animal, but you know what I'm saying, there's certain things in our lives that they're not all uh influences that that are for the better good. You know, someone has to.
Speaker 2: Get hurt, so you I want to go back to the bread guy living with me. So I ask a guy for bread and he says yes, but he has to be able to live with me. But that's an exchange of physical value because I'm he's giving me bread and exchange for my place. But then how do I get the place that to build it myself?
Speaker 5: Well, no, somebody who want to build it for you, But you're also gonna want. You're gonna want because if they want to be around you, but you are gonna want to be around them, or you're gonna want those people that build houses to be around you.
Speaker 8: You know, what if I.
Speaker 2: Don't what if I don't want to be well, what if I don't want to be around the guy that builds houses? What if I think he's kind of great?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, you know there's gonna be a broad spectrum, you know, a panoply of different people that can build houses for you, just like you know, like you go to a supermarket.
Speaker 2: So I have to pick one of them to be friends with.
Speaker 5: You got to get a carpenter, you know, like if you're not gonna get a carpenter, if you're gonna if you think every single carpenter is an asshole, that you're not gonna not gonna be with me in that house.
Speaker 2: No, but that's the but that's the thing here. It doesn't matter if they're an asshole. I don't want to be I don't want to have to be friends with the carpenter just because he I would rather I would I'm you know what, I I got to reject this idea. I would rather give the carpenter money than be friends with him. I think that would be too much kind I actually being being kind to that many people all the time to get what you want.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like that idea. I think I think that would be exhausting.
Speaker 5: There's so much anger and unhappiness right now. Though, you know, I want to replace with something that's that's better than that.
Speaker 2: I think. I think, look, you know what I think you should you if you want this movement to actualize, I think you need to start at yourself.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of there's a lot of responsibility.
Speaker 2: That's what I was saying.
Speaker 4: It's too much work.
Speaker 5: I need I need to get more than just me. You know what I'm saying. I need to get a group.
Speaker 2: Well, it starts with you, Alex.
Speaker 5: Do you think I have it in me? Therapy deco.
Speaker 2: We'll find out. I appreciate you, man, I'll talk to you soon too, see you.
Speaker 10: Thanks all from Jonathan to.
Speaker 11: Accept press one.
Speaker 2: Jonathan, Oh ship, did I get on?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 9: Snap?
Speaker 8: How's it going?
Speaker 2: You know it's all right. I'm trying to whatever. Man, what are you up to? Fuck all this ship? Tell me every think?
Speaker 12: Not too much?
Speaker 13: Man, just went to work today. Uh work in call center, work from home, so it's pretty chill. I'll just miss you know, interact with people and talking to people that aren't total dicks.
Speaker 2: Is like, what percentage of the people you talk to at the call center are total x?
Speaker 13: I would say a good ninety eight percent of them. Really, Yes, there's so much you have to deal with managers on your ass just total idiots. But you know, I get it, man, people have their problems, you know, they want to be heard, But you got to be a douche about it.
Speaker 2: What what's the world that way? Tell me what this call center? Are the people being decks?
Speaker 8: Are they?
Speaker 2: Like? Are you referring to the people you work with or the people that you're calling or the most.
Speaker 13: Will I don't do outbound calls people calling to me before my current job. I'm kind of a serial call center worker.
Speaker 8: I guess you would say I did.
Speaker 13: Like roadside assistants and people calling and they're like their cars are all fucked up and they're straight on the side of the road. Customers out way they call it tow truck drivers, which absolutely suck. But now I deal with people's money and nobody likes their money being played with.
Speaker 2: You know, No, yeah, oh no, that I mean that's a tough gig, right there. You having people call you're the first line of defense. When people are pissed off and they need something, they call you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's just hard sometimes in a let it carry over in your personal life.
Speaker 2: Really, Like, do you ever do you ever feel bad about yourself from these people? Because I feel like I feel like the fact that they are because they're not like, what's your name, Jonathan, because they're not calling like, Hey, I just wanted to call you Jonathan, because I want you to know that I think you specifically, you know, suck and uh, you know, I hate you. They're calling because it's something that has nothing to do with you, but they're they're using you as the lightning rod to absorb their their frustration.
Speaker 12: Indeed they do.
Speaker 13: But way do people treat people? It's a huge thing in this world with everything else that's going on in the country, But.
Speaker 14: You know, treat others how you want to be treated?
Speaker 12: That simple?
Speaker 8: Don't be a do tell?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the worst? What's what's the worst? It gets with these people?
Speaker 13: Well, either they cussing you out, threatening to come find you, burn your house down. It's like someone like a call of duty lobby. So I maybe know how to dude, tell me you find me and fuck my mom?
Speaker 2: But did he did he do it?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: See, that's the thing these people, I mean, I I I feel like you got nothing to worry about. These people are you know, empty threats. But why did why why did this guy tell you that he was going to go to your house and fuck your mom.
Speaker 13: Well, basically, I gave him an answer he didn't want to hear, and I kept on repeating the same thing because he wouldn't understand. So he got all mad and then he threatened to suck my mom and I did not take that personally. My mom was a very beautiful woman.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. What's what I have a question for you, John? Did you said, Jonathan?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 9: Either one?
Speaker 5: I've been called worse?
Speaker 2: I can I so I've heard John? What's your bad habit?
Speaker 12: What's my bad habit?
Speaker 14: Sporting lines and fucking dimes? My friend?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 13: Nah, I kicked that ship back in like three years ago.
Speaker 4: Dog, Do you.
Speaker 2: Feel like being high on cocaine would help you deal with the aggression that you receive from the call center? Or do you feel like it would make you, in turn more aggressive when you have to put on your sort of customer service you know chill vibes?
Speaker 13: Well, man, I did deck collections before, the same kind of call center jig. But I was doing a lot of blow at the time, and it made me great at it.
Speaker 2: Really to why why? Why? Why do you? Why did it? Why do you think cocaine made you better at customer service.
Speaker 12: Have you ever seen Wolf of Wall Street?
Speaker 2: I have, I sat a while ago.
Speaker 12: Dude, I was heart out Jordan Belford than that motherfucker.
Speaker 2: See this is tough, right because I feel like with drugs, the trajectory of it or whatever is, you know, it bleeds into these other parts of your life. And you're like, I can't show up at work because I'm high all the time. I can't function. But how do you kick a drug that helps you function better? That must be different because you don't hit rock bottom, you could your life it works for you.
Speaker 13: Well, that's a very good question, and I'm glad you asked that. Basically, it triggers a certain part of your brain that makes you feel a sense of accomplishment, like cocaine for example. Yes, it gives you a sense of accomplishments, like basically, so you do something really good and you feel proud of yourself. It's instantly like that. However, it's a very difficult thing to come off of. Now myself, I'm just not doing it and it was very very hard, Like I got sweats, paranoia, crazy shit. But it just takes passion to really want to get help, and some people don't really realize that.
Speaker 2: M how long have you been sober for?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 14: Three years now?
Speaker 2: Fuck? Yeah, that's awesome. Do you ever like, are you ever just like someone's fucking chewing you out and you go you hide inside of a cocaine fantasy in your brain.
Speaker 13: Sometimes and then sometimes whenever my friends have it, I just get discut feeling. I call it the Lizard brand where all your primal instincts just take over and just want to go full Tony Montana on that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I feel you on the Lizard brand.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, we get go brand.
Speaker 2: Well, Jonathan Matt, I'm happy to hear that things have been going well for you. I'm happy to hear you've been able to kick it and stay strong. Real quick, before we go, I want to end on a good note here, tell me about the two percent for people on twitch. Jonathan was telling us about how ninety eight Jonathan works at a call center. He said, ninety eight percent of people interacts with our huge douchebags. But I want to ask you about the two percent that aren't.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 13: Most of them are either younger people or people that actually need their well that I can actually help them out with stuff because I work for a bank, but I do like check broud. So people get their checklix stolen or their check stolen whatever else, and like if their case has been resolve to tell them like.
Speaker 3: Yo, it's done.
Speaker 5: You did you feel me?
Speaker 13: They're like, oh sweet, thanks man, or like they get an answer they don't like, they don't like it. But it's very rare that we get good calls, and most calls are based off surveys. For surveys ain't good. Our supervisors but chet us all day.
Speaker 2: So but do you ever want to do something else? Do you ever want to like day trade? Like what the wolf of a wolf of Wall Street?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: Are you ever thinking about getting out a call center?
Speaker 13: No, you know I've been thinking about doing that or maybe audio engineering something like that, you know music stig passionate minde beautiful man.
Speaker 2: Well well, Jonathan Man, congratulations on three years and I wish you the best of luck moving forward. Appreciate your conn and sharing with us.
Speaker 14: Hey man, I appreciate it too.
Speaker 13: Low congratulations on your success, I mean gecko and uh hanging in there.
Speaker 2: Thank you man, I appreciate you. Have a good night.
Speaker 8: YouTube by.
Speaker 2: Hey Hey, this is Lyle chiming in again to let you know that these next three calls I will be accompanied by a guest. Okay, the guest's name is Attorney Tom. He is a attorney Tom on all social medias. He is a personal injury attorney. He's a good friend of mine and he's helped me out on here with a few calls. So yeah, I just wanted to give you some context for that. Attorney Tom, forever love you. Let's get back ato.
Speaker 10: The calls all from Kat.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, Hi?
Speaker 11: Is this gek?
Speaker 7: Oh my god? No way is this really? Oh my god? Am I here? Is this real?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question, and I'm gonna give you how what year were you born?
Speaker 7: I was born in ninety seven? What's up?
Speaker 2: What's up? What's your name?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 7: Kat? You could call me Cat?
Speaker 2: Cat? Hello, Okay, how are you doing? What's up?
Speaker 16: Wow?
Speaker 7: This is exciting.
Speaker 16: Wow.
Speaker 7: I never thought i'd get to talk to you.
Speaker 11: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: Well I never thought that I would get to talk to you either.
Speaker 17: Cat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what are the odds?
Speaker 16: You know?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, listen, I'm here, I'm here with my good friend, Attorney Tom, and we're we're out here asking people if they've ever been in trouble. Kat, have you ever been in trouble?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, yeah, I've been in trouble.
Speaker 18: Oh.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know where I want to go with this. Really yeah, I've been in trouble.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, real quick, I have to add I have real quick, I'm going to break the whatever here, Tom, I have to ask I. I I felt I is there like any fear of like, oh, I don't want to be in the situation where this story is being told because you're afraid of a liability or anything like that. I wanted to check with you about that because because on the other on that other call, I saw you were you were getting nervous, and I had I had to check out.
Speaker 19: The other call was getting into some pretty uh you know.
Speaker 3: Polarizing race.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and you know, we're we're.
Speaker 19: Trying to have fun, We're trying to learn, we're trying to grow understandable, you know, and you know we're just we're going down a path that yes, you know that could have ruined the whole rest of the stream, you know, But no, I'm not concerned. You know, people know that I'm just here as a guest and I'm not their lawyer, and you know, we're just we're having fun, and you know, people can use their own judgment on your Tom.
Speaker 7: Hey, Tom, I think it would be cool if he was like part of the green screen, like if you could give him like a body, like he's just in a little like buck on the stream.
Speaker 20: Oh, but you could have put him in the green screen.
Speaker 2: No, I actually, I actually you know what, Cat, I thought the exact same thing. Is like when I called Tom, like right before I called the shop, I saw he was in front of his green screen. I'm like, ah, fuck, we should have done like a thing. But maybe maybe next time, I'll you know, he and I will be floating through space and everything. But anyway, Kat tell us, I mean you said you don't know where to start, you know, and look, start anywhere, you know, it doesn't doesn't really matter where you start.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, I guess one time I got pulled over, and this was when I was like twenty, I admitted to having a beer and the cop was just like a really big dick and I was driving fast. But you know, I was like leaving work and I was behind like you know, other people I worked with and like it was like, you know, three am whatever, we're all just driving and cop pulled me up. So I was like, yeah, I had a beer because he said he smelled it. He probably didn't smell anything on my bread's.
Speaker 2: You had one beer?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay yeah, and then so he was like, oh, well that's illegal because you're underage, and yeah, so he ended up I ended up going to jail that night for like eight hours, and they took my breastelizer, which ended up being zero, but I still had to go through like whatever whatever class you admit it two months or whatever.
Speaker 19: Kat you know, had you got pulled over and said officer, I'm not talking about my day, probably would have just got a speeding ticket.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're so right, And I wish I would have known that, but I was just I was young, and no one ever tells you these things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they intimidate, you know, it's intimidating.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you never you never want to like just tell them like straight up like yeah I've had anything. No, you can't, you can't do that.
Speaker 11: You have that.
Speaker 3: You have to be respectful, you can't be a total jerk to them.
Speaker 19: But you also have to assert your rights, you know, Officer, I'm not talking about my day.
Speaker 3: Why am I pulled over? Am I free to go?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They say, well, why why aren't you answering questions? Huh, that's suspicious. Why aren't you answering questions? You know, you've probably been drinking, haven't you. Officer. I'm not talking about my day. I'm sorry, I'm not talking about He was just a dick.
Speaker 7: He seems like his wife cooks them all the time.
Speaker 11: And I just I don't don't think that.
Speaker 7: You know, he's just.
Speaker 18: Not a good dude.
Speaker 7: He's probably racist also, so it's not good.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I also I also just admittingly, I did have like a little bit of heroin on me, like in my underwear, so I had to hide that.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you got off easy now.
Speaker 7: No one ever caught me for that, And you know what, Yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 2: So they sent you, What did you do? What can I What did you do with the heroin when they sent you to jail? How did you?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 8: Okay? List?
Speaker 7: Okay, So it was in my pocket when they put me in the car, and so what I had to do was like while they were searching my car because they ended up finding weed in me, like in my car too, because they were like, oh, well, I'm gonna search your car now, so they did that. So I was like, okay, well, yeah, I do have weed in there whatever, which you know, since they just like, okay that that's been taken.
Speaker 11: Off my record because of updated wheedleles.
Speaker 7: But anyways, yeah, yeah, So it was in my pocket and I'm sitting in the back of the car. I have to finesse my you know, handcuffed hands behind me into my pocket where I dig around find it.
Speaker 6: It's like in a.
Speaker 11: Little wrap up piece of oil.
Speaker 7: And then I moved that into my like into my jeans. I was wearing skinny jeans, so they were really tight, so I could just like, you know, it was it was not gonna go anywhere, So it was in my like in between.
Speaker 18: My thigh and my pants.
Speaker 11: So yeah, it was in there.
Speaker 7: And then it was even even weirder because I had to use the bathroom like when I got to the station, and they have to supervise you like when you do that, so I had to be like so careful. I like made eye contact with the cops, you know, and just like you know, just like trying to use the bathroom, just being.
Speaker 11: Awkward about it.
Speaker 7: But yeah, luckily it didn't fall out or anything. So so yeah, yeah, I got away with.
Speaker 2: Bringing heroin into into jail.
Speaker 11: Yeah, which you know, I ended up.
Speaker 9: I got out of jail, so.
Speaker 2: Not that I can do it, but you got you got off very easy. That that that was. That was quite a plot twist here.
Speaker 7: Well, no, it was kind of. It was.
Speaker 20: It was a little annoying.
Speaker 11: Honestly, I don't I wouldn't say it was.
Speaker 9: It took a lot of.
Speaker 7: You know, time out of my life.
Speaker 2: Oh, taken way more.
Speaker 7: Okay, listen, listen. The lawyer I had, the lawyer you get for court really matters. The lawyer I.
Speaker 11: Had was a piece of shit.
Speaker 7: He was a grubby ass, old, old fucking fuck and he just he did not handle my case very well, and I'm upset about it. He ended up, you know what happened to him.
Speaker 18: He ended up.
Speaker 7: So he was like a guy my dad knew. He was like friends with my dad, and my dad doesn't know.
Speaker 11: Very great people.
Speaker 7: But yeah, so it turns out this guy isn't a lawyer anymore. He's on the run because he lost the case to some guy, and that guy started making threats to him.
Speaker 11: So now he's out of the office.
Speaker 7: So yeah, you hear that tam me better? You better not fuck up?
Speaker 2: Whoa heyday?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why why? Why was he so bad? What you like about him?
Speaker 7: I'm sure? Well, what I didn't like about him is like, you know, he's like he just didn't fight that hard. He didn't. He could have been like, oh, well, you can't prove that she was drinking because my rest was a zero. They couldn't have proved it anyway.
Speaker 19: Yes, they could have proved it, you know why because they Okay, I'm going to put the officer on the stand.
Speaker 7: Just because I say it doesn't mean I did it.
Speaker 19: I mean, that's pretty tough to uh, I'm going to put the officer on the stand in front of dry When you go, mister officer, what did miss cat tell you when she was in the back of the police car.
Speaker 3: She told me that she'd been drinking. Are you sure that's what she said? Yes? Okay, miss Cat? Did you tell the officer you've been drinking? Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, so what was her brustolizer?
Speaker 9: What was objection?
Speaker 19: By the time you take a breath of objection irrelevant. By the time you take a breathalyzer, you your one drink has been processed, but you're an underage drinker. It's not even allowed under the wall.
Speaker 10: Hmm.
Speaker 2: I want a T shirt with objection irrelevant on it.
Speaker 3: I guess relevant it not irrelevant. I'm sorry. I've been in court a long time. Objection relevance.
Speaker 2: Well, Cat, Uh, I'm sure. I'm sure that you've got, you know, a lot lots more stories to tell. But I think I think we're bad at a time here. Oh okay, but thank you for calling in and uh, you know, bearing your soul to us.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I'm just kind of bored.
Speaker 2: Aren't we all? Yeah, thank you, Cat, I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Well do we think that was real?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know what, Tom, I've been doing. I've been taking calls with strangers and having people tell me things for you know, the uh not not a really long time. But I no longer asked that. I don't think any I don't think it matters if it was real at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess for set.
Speaker 19: You know, reality is just what we perceive exactly, you know, if we can. I mean, that was a pretty clear picture in our head, so I mean it existed in our minds at the.
Speaker 3: Sam, Sam, what's up seeing?
Speaker 12: Oh I'm doing all right. I'm actually pretty new to uh the therapy got go? Oh hell yeah apparently got so. Yeah, I have.
Speaker 3: A list of prime a whole list.
Speaker 12: I mean, well I don't know about a whole list.
Speaker 2: Well here let me tell you. You know, look, let me tell you something about therapy. Gecko is we we appreciate you know when people come in prepared. Sam. So, I'm glad you made a list.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 12: Like I said, I'm new, so I don't really know a whole lot actually just sub today.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you Bill. Well, what's what's number? What's let's let's start at the top. What's what's on What's on your list?
Speaker 12: I'd say probably the first was like criminal trespass, that's really not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: Well what what what about criminal trespass? Is there a question or just the subject in general?
Speaker 12: Just the subject in general. I never really got convicted or anything for it, but when I was seventeen, I did get a DUI.
Speaker 2: Has that affected you in your in your later life?
Speaker 12: Yeah, because I couldn't drive until it was like eighteen. But then also I also got my license taken away again because I had a fake ID when I was like eighteen.
Speaker 3: Does did your fake ID have somebody else's name on it?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 8: My brothers too.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 12: It was also not even the same state. Some old man who looks like Santa Claus just took it from me at a sketchy gas station.
Speaker 2: But some some random guy he took it from you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was like, hey, that's my license, I need it. But he scanned it under the machine and it said I was a thousand years old, so it didn't work.
Speaker 2: Which which is the thing? And I remember this like in high school when people were using fake id's and stuff like, which is the one that's worse using like like creating a fake person or using someone else's thing? Which is the one you get more fun? We'll, we'll, we'll both.
Speaker 3: They'd listen here, Yeah, okay, listen chat.
Speaker 19: I'm not advocating for people to get fake IDs. However, if you have a fake ID, it's a lot better if you use your own name and just fake the day of birth, because in the alternative it can be identity fraud. And even if you create a name like make up a name, odd Dog, there's somebody with that name, and that's identity fraud and that can be a lot worse. And I actually personally know somebody who kind of was in my high school like sphere. I wasn't really you know, friends with her, but uh, you know, we would go off to college.
Speaker 3: And then a year later he goes, oh did you hear so?
Speaker 19: And so I got convicted of a felony for having an ID with somebody else's identity.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a bad beat, you know.
Speaker 2: Bad beat.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, no. So also that's that's kind of the thing that happened is I went, you know, and then the guy who was working at the gas station gave it to the police department, and then the police department came to my house and then they tried to arrest me for impersonation of someone else. But then they realized that it was just my brother's fake ID that he gave to me after he turned twenty one.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it was your brother's fake ID, but it was his It was your brother's brother's real ID that he was using.
Speaker 12: Ah, okay, no, no, no, no, it was his brother's fake So he got it when he was underage and then he just gave it to me because it kind of like looked like.
Speaker 2: Hm hm, and your brother got up yeah, free. It worked for him.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, it worked for him. But then like, well, actually his got taken once, but that's a whole nother story.
Speaker 8: So it was like a spare.
Speaker 9: But uh yeah.
Speaker 12: So I was like basically put in the back of a cop car and then just they sat me in my driveway and they yelled at the police officer and also brandished a knife at him. That was like a whole another thing.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, your brother brandished a knife at the police officer.
Speaker 12: No I did.
Speaker 3: Oh it's not smart. No, it just wasn't a good move.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 12: Well yeah I know it wasn't a good move.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 12: I mean I was drunk at the.
Speaker 2: Time, and I mean, did you did you get arrested that night? Did you spend that night in jail?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 12: No, actually I didn't. He actually let me go after my mom talked to him.
Speaker 4: Wow, because I was.
Speaker 12: Like eighteen years old in college. I mean, I'm in high school.
Speaker 2: Your mom must have the gift of gab.
Speaker 12: I mean she kind of does. I mean I got pulled over like maybe like a month ago when I was driving back from Colorado after like Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: How did your mom convince a cop not to arrest you after you pulled a knife on him?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 12: Well, it was actually the police officer that kind of did did that. He was kind of just like, hey, buddy, don't do that ever again. But I took it out of my pocket, I plucked it open. So I'm surprised he didn't shoot me right then in there.
Speaker 2: That's cow on. I can't believe that he let you go after that. He just said, hey, buddy, don't do it again.
Speaker 12: Pretty much.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 12: But it was two am. He actually like he came to my house. He knocked on my door. I was already asleep, like I was drinking all night, and then he came to my door. My mom woke me up. She's like, put some put some pants on. There's a police officer who wants to talk to you. But you know, they always liked to stop and ask if you have any weapons before you get in the cob car. Okay, And so I took out my knife and I flicked it open at him, and I was like, yeah, I have this knife, but I mean like it was open and pointed at him.
Speaker 3: I think we shouldion this, we should probably pivot stories. Yeah, that's probably let's just let's just recap.
Speaker 19: It with your very fortunate Yes, the same dead for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, I agree. I mean what what what would you say?
Speaker 4: Your name was Sam?
Speaker 2: Sam? What are you? What are you doing now with you know, this second chance at life that you've been given?
Speaker 12: Currently nothing. I've been trying to get jobs at a job at a bar, but it didn't work out. It didn't work out because it didn't show up.
Speaker 3: M that will, that will generally do it. Well, why didn't you show up?
Speaker 12: Because it was a very uh toxic workplace environment. I was probably working there for like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh so why did you apply in the first place? Did you not know it was toxic until then?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 12: I mean I didn't. So I worked there for two weeks and I was like, hey, this kind of messed up.
Speaker 2: Well what was toxic about?
Speaker 12: Didn't show up?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 3: I think you could do. So was the move not showing up? Or do you think you should have just let him put him on notice that you're quitting.
Speaker 12: I mean I probably should have told him, but it was like the day of like I had an epiphany sort of.
Speaker 14: It was actually I was supposed to show.
Speaker 12: Up New Year's Day and I had epiphany this last New years.
Speaker 2: An e.
Speaker 12: It was not a good idea. Yeah, yeah, it was not a good idea.
Speaker 2: To not show up.
Speaker 12: Yes, because it was a bad job. And also my brother kind of talked me out of it.
Speaker 4: So what your name was?
Speaker 2: One more time? Sorry, I'm bad with names, Sam, Sam? Well, Sam, listen, as we've established, you've been giving a second chance at life, and you know, good luck to you. Hope that you spend it wisely and you have a good night.
Speaker 9: My guy.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Also, thank you of course having me be a part of this show. And even though it was kind of all over the place with all of everything I said, I really appreciate it. A lot of your tiktoks. That's actually kind of.
Speaker 8: What got me to join.
Speaker 2: Thank you, man, I appreciate Thank you man. You have a good night. Sam.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you as well.
Speaker 2: Hello, how are you.
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can you get can you are you? Can you get any closer to the phone.
Speaker 11: I'm at the phone right now.
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 7: Can you hear me?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can hear you? What's your name?
Speaker 11: Caroline.
Speaker 2: Caroline, Caroline, how are you doing? Caroline?
Speaker 11: I am fantastic.
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing? I'm doing all right. I'm doing all right. Caroline. Uh, do you have anything? Do you have a think on your that you just want to get off your chest? Caroline?
Speaker 11: Okay, So you guys were this is a lawyer and right, and you were asking if you've done any crime. I think I have some crimes to admit to.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 11: Sometimes I scam old men off the internet for money. Oh I think that's a crime, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well hold on, let's let's go into this. Are you promising something that you're not delivering on?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know. This is why I know.
Speaker 19: Look, I want to be careful with the questions I ask, but you know I would think that you know, like, are you talking about like a sugar daddy type of site?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I okay.
Speaker 11: So I have done like the cam model stuff before, and that has given me like a following of old men. And sometimes they message me and they're like, hey, i'll pay you for this, send it to me. And I'm like, all right, send me the money first, and then they send me the money on my book.
Speaker 19: Yeah, no, I think, I think, I think under those pretenses, that's that's probably a scam. That's I would I would even go as far as to say that you have an oral contract, if not maybe even a renten contract, if it's over text for you know, money in exchange for services and you know you're not performing. Now, the logical follow up to that is, you know, generally I would anticipate nobody wants to follow through with enforcing that through because one, it would be embarrassing for them. In two, you know, lawyers charge hundreds of dollars an hour. I'm not sure how much you're particularly charging, but you know, if a lawyer is going to work on a case for a minimum of one hundred hours, it would have to be a substantial amount of money that you are charging for it to make economic sense for them to bring a lawsuit against you to enforce. But yeah, I mean, I think, I think technically what you're doing is scamming.
Speaker 2: But now these services, like these services that you are claiming that you are are are promising but not delivering. There are there are they in the first place? Legal services? Are they legal services?
Speaker 18: I don't know, I'm.
Speaker 11: Not sure about the laws on that and stuff.
Speaker 14: I probably should where I do it, right, but.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like only fans is legal.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean, you know, so long as you're you know, an adult, which you are, and the other person's an adult, and you know it's all in exchange over phone, you know, like you know in some some states you know, like you know, not to get too into it, but you know, like in Nevada, like prostitution, right, but that's I'm pretty sure the only state where that's illegal. But we're not talking about that. Hey, my girlfriends, we're talking about only fans. We're talking about only fans in prostitution.
Speaker 2: Al Rachel, how are you.
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 2: She came at? She came at a good time. Hello the So. So you you were into cam you weren into cam modeling, but you got out of it.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I did it for a while and then I got out of it and I had a boyfriend. I was like, you can't do that. So I was like, okay, whatever because I was done. And then I grew up with him and now I have a lovely girlfriend and she sometimes helps me out with these acts. I don't do it like all the time, and I don't do it for like large amounts of money. It's just whenever I'm like feeling a little crazy and somebody DMed me and they're like, can I get this?
Speaker 21: You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Just occasionally. It's not all the time, but it is, I think the only crime that I have.
Speaker 2: But if so, if you have like a bunch of what I'm curious about is if you have a bunch of followers, like are you are you still doing like not like scamming people like actual like cam model then like OnlyFans or anything.
Speaker 11: Okay, I did it was it was just like a cam It was just like a cam site. Yeah, So I don't do it as much anymore because and then it's a campsite. And then I stopped doing it, and then I started doing it again, but some of them found out my Instagram somehow. Also, I just have some creepy men that's all on my Instagram and asked for things because creepy men often do that to young women on social media.
Speaker 2: So are you are you glad to be you know, out of out of this this uh world of caning.
Speaker 6: I'm sort of indifferent to it.
Speaker 15: Really.
Speaker 11: I I was fine with it, and then I found out one day, I don't know why I didn't know this, but I looked up my user name and I I looked at my username and and the images of just like everything, and I was like, I have got to I can't do this anymore because I also use my user name for like other I don't know, like just sits. Where are like like my private snapshot or likes that I have? And I was like, I cannot do this anymore. So I don't want her gababies to scene. Yeah, I'm with my girlfriend right now. Actually, she okay, so we have both calling the number a lot.
Speaker 20: She finally caught it.
Speaker 2: What's what I want to hear about her crimes as well?
Speaker 11: Okay, here's Lily.
Speaker 22: I mean, I don't really have any crimes. I think she's she's the wide one, and I kind of I kind of mother her.
Speaker 2: You're more of an accomplished type.
Speaker 22: Yeah, I mean, like I like, I'm I guess I'm more of like the I'm younger, but I'm more of like the older one. I tell her to like clean her room and stuff. But the ironic thing, the ironic thing about it is that I call her mommy.
Speaker 21: And what I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I can hear the embarrassment in her voice from here, I'm.
Speaker 21: Gonna getublem Sorry you publicly apologize to her that I said that. To how many people are on this, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: It's okay.
Speaker 19: There's only like four hundred and sixty people, and I promise you it's only like seventy percent chance of that getting clipped, of course.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't mind.
Speaker 21: I don't think honestly, nobody knows who we are.
Speaker 22: Sometimes you make PI talks about it, though, so that's pay back. Okay, Sorry, that's all right, I don't mind.
Speaker 21: I like the attention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I'm glad that you you guys seem like you have a good uh you have a very well oiled conflict resolution machine between you two you. I feel like you guys resolved that dispute fairly quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's a healthy relationship.
Speaker 2: Don't definitely, But.
Speaker 11: We like never fight.
Speaker 21: Maybe that's a bad thing.
Speaker 23: Oh my god, do you.
Speaker 2: Think you think that's you think that's a bad thing that you guys never fights? Is that is that you do you consider that to be healthy in a relationship having you.
Speaker 22: Know, I don't know, it's not, but we you know, we've only been dating for like five months.
Speaker 15: There hasn't been like an issue big enough for our argument like it would it would not be healthy if we had an issue that was argument worthy and you just like sort of shoved it down.
Speaker 22: Yeah, like I don't and I'm just not going to argue with you. I'm just gonna like, listen, I'm being all right. I'm just too chilled up for that. But we're afraid about what our first fight will be. We like guess what we think it'll be, and like it will start it like we're kind of worried about it.
Speaker 2: I had five months is is is pretty good for you know, no fights.
Speaker 22: Thanks, we appreciate it. So we'll see maybe maybe if we have a fight, will product come on and tell you about it.
Speaker 3: We'll try to mediate it.
Speaker 24: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: We got to do that. The couple's canceling night.
Speaker 22: Oh my god, that would be such a good idea.
Speaker 2: Couples counseling, couples counseling. Well, uh, Caroline, Lily, thank you guys for for calling in and uh, you know, I wish you. I wish you to all the happiness in the world.
Speaker 22: Thank you.
Speaker 2: By can I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so that's totally scamming. You know, it's totally yeah. I was I was hesitant at the beginning. You know, I thought, maybe she's going with the direction, like you know, she's like just flirting with these old guys and they just throw money at her. And you know I would have said, that's the old guys problem, you know. But right, but but she was promising photos or services and you know, just took their mind even blocked.
Speaker 2: But you I mean, but you, I mean you you were totally correct when you're like, well, all right, who's who's going to go to a uh you know, file a lawsuit against someone for not you know, sending them right?
Speaker 3: Totally It's it's totally unrealistic, you know, on the civil side for somebody to go through that process, you know, be embarrassing, it be expensive, and you're probably only arguing over like, you know, a few hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: You know. I do wonder if if there's gotta be someone who does who's not embarrassed at all, who who uh has there's gotta have been a lawsuit about that at some point.
Speaker 3: I bet, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 19: I'm just playing the statistics, you know, you know, there's probably some guy, you know, like there's been people who have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars suing over like one hundred dollars, like, you know, it's the principle of the matter, like that kind of thing. So if somebody really had you know, had it out for miss Caroline, you know, but I mean, come on, let's get real, and then if that ever happened, Caroline could just be like, yeah, here's your money back, go away, you.
Speaker 2: Know, right right, So she's she's got a good thing going. Not that I endorse any illegal activity of any kind. Hey, this is Lyle chiming back in to say that if you are enjoying the podcast that you are currently listening to, and you would like to support the production of said podcast, and you can head on over to www dot pitreon dot com slash Lyle Forever, I'd sign up for the Patreon for only five bucks a month.
Speaker 25: You can get.
Speaker 2: Access to exclusive streams, access to the exclusive gek Legends discord, and access to wonderful feelings associated with allowing me to eat, eat food and live in a place which I need to not die, which I need to be able to be alive, which I need to be able to do this podcast. It helps out a lot. If you don't want to because you want the money for something else that costs five dollars, that's fine too, that makes sense, I understand either way.
Speaker 25: Also, be sure to check out the Therapy Gecko Souvenir shop at www dot therapy gecko dot com to purchase yourself a magical souvenir to commemorate our travels throughout the Gecko universe.
Speaker 2: And that's it. That's my ad read. There's no sponsors, just the merchan at www dot therapy gecko dot com and the Patreon at patreon dot com slash lyle forever. And that's it. I'll shut up. Let's get back into the calls.
Speaker 10: All from John.
Speaker 8: John John, Hey Gecko, How are you man?
Speaker 2: I'm all right? How are you, John.
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: I'm hanging in there.
Speaker 2: And where?
Speaker 8: Oh well, I'm in the part of the US.
Speaker 4: Man, Wyoming, Kansas?
Speaker 2: Do you like Kansas?
Speaker 8: I've been in better places?
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 8: You know what a third culture kid is?
Speaker 2: What third culture culture kid?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, what is a third culture kid?
Speaker 8: That's a child who has grown up in a country other than their parents origin or the nationality in which they are. So I just wanted to tell you a story. Man, I caught to you about I don't know an hour ago.
Speaker 4: Please, yeah, can I go?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry you got something.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't be sorry. You want to tell me a story.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you've been giving me theraphy since I was eight. Man, I'm a forty five year old man, and you have taken me back to a time that brings me joy. It was scary when I was seven and my parents told me we're moving to Africa. We were leaving Nebraska. My dad wanted to be a missionary, and we got to Liberia five days before I turned eight. And the first night we were there, we went to our new home and up in the corner of the room was a gecko. And my mom got my sister and she was four, and said, hey, we got a pet. It's a get go. Look what should we name it? And we named it Peter, and we were like, all right, cool. We lived there for a couple of days and we moved to a new house and in the new house there was a gecko. Because this is tropical West Africa and there's a gecko in every room in every house. But I didn't know that because I was seven, and my mom says, look, there's a gecko. It's a repeat. And so being seven, growing up overseas in a strange foreign country, I got comfort every time I went somewhere and I saw get go. It's the weirdest thing. Man, I may be crazy, but I just caught you to night. Thought i'd listen in and try to give you a call and tell you my story. That's all I got for you.
Speaker 2: Man, tell me what is it about these geckos that give you comfort? They reminded you of oh that time?
Speaker 8: No, yeah, yeah, well we always called geckos repeats now my family, so we got little like stuff being back geckos and stuff that we've got from you know, mementos and things like that. But it was just being seven and having been uprooted growing up and you know, the middle of the country in the US, and then all of a sudden you're flying like three thousand miles across the world and you land in this country seven degrees north of the equator and it's ninety eight degrees all day every day, and you walk out and you've got no friends. Everybody everybody's African, you're white. You know, you're just this little kid and having some continuity in their life. You know, it wasn't a big deal. It's not really a big deal. It's just cool that you know you're up to get go and it took me back, but.
Speaker 17: I love that you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's right. My mom, you know, firston to hear me. She gave it to me.
Speaker 2: Do you do you think of that every time you see it? I mean, I don't know how often you see a geck go out in the wild before you know the stream, But do you think of that every time you see a gecko out in the wild?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's totally a family joke, you know. So every time I see a geck go, I think back.
Speaker 3: How long?
Speaker 2: How long were you in Liberia for?
Speaker 8: I got there five days before I turned eight, and I was there and at Christmas in eighty nine when the Civil War broke out, you know, we had just left. We got the call five days at Christmas, basically when the rebels came in the country. We got the phone call. And I'm in ninth grade and my parents go, hey, John, safety, that's my sister. They said there's been a coup. The rebels have come in from member county and they're trying, you know, they're marching on the capitol. And as a kid growing up, you know, in school, we had a coup every year, like it was, you know, once or twice a year, somebody had cut over through the government. We'd wake up in the morning, they'd do it. No school today. We'd be like, oh, it's a snow day, you know, like, no school, We're going back tomorrow, right. But that civil war, man, that worker, I don't know if you know the history of Liberia at all, since eighty nine, From nineteen eighty nine till two thousand and five, that country was in civil war. So I lost all my friends that I grew up with over there. You know. I got a few American friends obviously, and international friends from there, but the village kid I grew up with were all and who knows what happened to them.
Speaker 2: Did you have friends that were killed?
Speaker 8: I'm sure there probably were, man, But I was living close enough to the capital city that pretty much everybody came from the interior of the country to the capital city. So the fighting arrived eventually, but by then it was pretty much a done deal. It wasn't. I don't think any of my friends ended up being child soldiers or actually being killed at all, but it is quite possible.
Speaker 2: Good, So you were there, So let's see. So let you left in ninth grade.
Speaker 8: Right, left in ninth grade. Fully expected to go back in the next three years of high school in Liberia before I'd graduated come back to the States. But because the war broke out, my parents got reassigned and I ended up in Nigeria instead.
Speaker 2: She stayed in Africa. He didn't go back to When When did you eventually go back to the US.
Speaker 8: I came back to the States for college, but from third grade all the way through the end of high school, man I was in I was in Libera in Nigeria, left Africa for all but sixteen months.
Speaker 2: Wow, what was it like coming back from What was it like going to the US from Africa? And like, you know, still you know, you're you're you know you're white and you have a you know, American accent, but you know, you're the culture is still you know, different.
Speaker 8: A lot of people have Yeah, a lot of people have a lot of trouble with that. There's a lot of missionary kids to have trouble with that. I didn't. I'm a bit of a chameleon. I kind of fit in everywhere.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, you had less trouble you you say you so you would consider yourself adaptable in general.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, absolutely inflexible, there's no question about that.
Speaker 9: M h.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I go anywhere. I got friends all over the world, all different nationalities, all different races, all different religious backgrounds. You know, my parents like, you know, I heard you talking about your bar Mitzvah and you hadn't talked to God. I pretty much don't go to church anymore either. Then I grew up in the on the mission field.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, is that a conscious decision? Did you decide to leave the church for a particular reason?
Speaker 8: Not really a little bit of its blowback what happened with my dad though he had been working and born his you know, soul into theological education, that extension, which is a program of taking seminary classes to leaders of churches that couldn't come to seminary and they basically, well they asked that program, asked her about fifteen years of him doing it, and the way they handled it wasn't very impressive. He he and he left the mission field, came back to the States, and you know he pastors a small church now here in campus, thirty eight people.
Speaker 2: But how does he feel about the fact that you don't go to church anymore?
Speaker 8: Well, he's not happy about it, but you know, he's like for me to come with him. But you know, he's go to the church, but I don't. But they don't bug me about it.
Speaker 2: It's because they don't bug you about it. What do you what do you do now?
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm in corporate finance. I look at mergers and acquisitions. I'm trying toigure out how to finance power plant solar power plants in a regulated utility environment. It's pretty boring, very mass and finance based. But it is what I do. My talent and Joe Numbers always asked, do you.
Speaker 2: Does what you do? Do you feel? I mean you use you? You know where else have you spent extended amounts of time in besides Africa? You said you have friends all over the world. Or was it that you had like friends in Africa that then went all over the world.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah that they I met them all in Library and Nigeria. But when you get to school, every semester pretty much. Twenty five percent of the class is new. You know, people are going on furlough, they're coming back after a year being gone, that sort of thing. So you're always constantly making new friends and losing friends. I mean, the only constant in your life is the fact that your friends are going to change. People are going to come and go from your life. That's just it. That's just the way it is. I don't have the only you asked another caller, how many you know, close friends you had? I had one. He passed away in Hawaii, drunk one night and high and jumped off the edge of the east east side of the Big Islands and drowned.
Speaker 2: Sorry to hear that, Yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Appreciate it was, you know, eighteen years ago. But but yeah, people come and go. You know, you make fast friends. When you see him again ten years later, you pick up like it never happened, like you know, you know, you never missed him totally. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Do you are you married?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 8: Going through a divorce? Man?
Speaker 2: So sorry to hear that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I appreciate it. Yes, I am there. I got two kids. They're wonderful. One's a senior in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have they been. Uh uh Are they well traveled? Did you take them around different places? Did you have you taken your kids back to, like Africa to show them sort of where you grew up.
Speaker 8: I have not yet. The last time I was in Africa was in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, Well what were you doing back there?
Speaker 8: Well? I graduated from high college and my sister was graduated from high school, so I went back for her college high school graduation. Nice o, good, that's the last time. It was a lot different back then. Man. I was a little nine year old white kid running around Monrovia, Liberia, seven degrees north of the equator, where everybody is everybody's black, and they watched out for the little kids, you know, they watched out for the little white kid. They didn't, you know, have people trying to kidnap you and hold you for ransom. That's what's happening out there now. You know, it's a horrible place to be, But it wasn't like that when I was there in the eighties. When people say where are you from, John, I always go how far back do you want me to go? Because my dad was still in the Navy when I was born in Iceland, so it is a story journey.
Speaker 12: I've been on.
Speaker 2: Do you do you aspire in the future, I mean, you know, after sort of being planted in Kansas, do you aspire to travel again once you know they're killing us?
Speaker 8: Yeah? No, no kidding, man, Uh yes, I want to. I want to go all over the place again. I'm getting start crazy, there's no doubt.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for thank you for sharing this, this, this story, This is incredibly interesting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I appreciate it. Man, thanks for doing a shout. It's really cool.
Speaker 2: Oh of course you would you say your name was again John John John?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Ji Jim John.
Speaker 2: Well, dude, thank you, thank you again for and man, I appreciate you being you know, sharing what you shared with us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, my pleasure, enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, man. Have a good night.
Speaker 10: All from Olivia.
Speaker 17: Olivia.
Speaker 2: Hello, what's your confession? Olivia?
Speaker 18: I don't like my roommate too much?
Speaker 2: Why don't you like your roommate?
Speaker 18: I think it's just that we're living in such a small space and I'm not very social. It feels like, you know, I'm forced to have social interactions constantly when like I would rather not.
Speaker 2: Is it that you don't like your roommate, or you just don't like to socialize.
Speaker 18: Maybe I just don't like to socialize, but maybe part of it is because she does like to socialize, So that makes me not like her as much.
Speaker 2: Does she like? Do you think she gets upset with you for not wanting to talk to her?
Speaker 18: I don't know. I'm not you see, I'm not good at I'm not good at reading peaceful.
Speaker 2: You know, how did you two meet?
Speaker 18: We were paired as roommates as I'm in college, and we were paired as freshmen. We just like stuck together, so you know, it was etfort. It was like she's I mean, she is sort of one of my only friends, but at college. But it just gets tiring, you know, living with someone for so long, things little things start to build up.
Speaker 2: You know, Oh, tell me about these little things.
Speaker 18: This is gonna sound sort of petty or maybe self centered. But I started feeling like she's like copying me, Like she used to only listen to one kind of music, and then she started following on me on Spotify, and now all she listens to is like my music. Is that petty?
Speaker 2: Is it petty of her to only listen to her music?
Speaker 17: Or is.
Speaker 18: Of me to care.
Speaker 2: Why do you care?
Speaker 18: Maybe it's a bit of a maybe it's a bit of a you know, hipster superiority kind of thing that I need to work myself, work on myself to deal with. But I do, I feel like I have all these like eclectic music, and she used to listen to like classic rock basically exclusively.
Speaker 2: I don't know, do do you?
Speaker 17: Well?
Speaker 2: I'm curious why, you know, even if even if the idea, even if the truth is that she did get it from you, have you considered you know, viewing it, you know, sort of more flattery, right.
Speaker 18: Like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I have, I have. It's just, you know, I think it's just one of those things where when you live with someone, and especially now because we don't like, we don't go anywhere ever, and I just, you know, I hear in the shower and she's listening to like the same three songs over and over. And there's songs that I know that I like that I kind of don't like anymore because she listens to them so much.
Speaker 2: Why why does her listening to them? Is it is do you not like them? Because she started listening to them?
Speaker 18: No, I mean, it's just from hearing them so much. I guess.
Speaker 2: I've never really understood why like people's people view an art thing differently because of the other people that like that thing.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I see what you mean. Yeah, I guess I mean.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 18: I mean, but hearing the same thing over and over, you know that's gonna bother anyone. I think, like I'll ruin songs for myself from listening to them too many times.
Speaker 2: What is your behavior like to your roommate? Do you ignore her I'd christ to talk to you.
Speaker 18: No, I don't ignore her. I'll say something, but I'll try to say it in a way that indicates I don't really want to talk right now, and right now is most of the time like but that, I mean, that's kind of how I am with a lot of people actually, like, oh, what are you working on? And I'll just like say what it is and then you know nothing else.
Speaker 2: Do you have a lot of friends or do you have at least a small group of friends.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Most of them are from high school though, so I don't see them very much anymore. But at college, I've only made like two or three real friends.
Speaker 6: Two or three is.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, I think, So.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I've never thought friendships should be measured in uh quantity anyway, joined the rest of your college.
Speaker 18: Experience, well, it's been kind of ruined. I'm about to graduate, so like a big chunk of my time's been trashed.
Speaker 2: Basically, what's next for you? Olivia?
Speaker 18: Who knows? My parents I think want me to go to some kind of grad school, but too late to apply to that for next year, so I'll have to at least take one gap year, which I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do during the gap year?
Speaker 18: I don't know, apply to some kind of internship or something. I would like to travel somewhere.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 18: I'm just sick of school, honestly, I just feel like I need a break from it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, school sucks. I'm very grateful that I never have to go to school ever again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 18: I mean I've always been good at it. I just I'm just so worn out from it.
Speaker 17: Well, I love it.
Speaker 2: I wish you the best of luck and whatever endeavor you decide to pursue next.
Speaker 18: Thank you so much, Get go. I love you, of course.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, Olivia. I talk to you soon. Thank you for sharing.
Speaker 10: All From Megan.
Speaker 9: Megan gag hi hi.
Speaker 20: So I had to look up statue of limitations before I talked, before I told you about my confession.
Speaker 2: What are the statue of limitations?
Speaker 20: Well, statue limitations is how long I have before I could get in trouble for something, or before I can no longer get in trouble for something.
Speaker 2: How long has it been?
Speaker 20: It's been twenty years.
Speaker 2: What's been twenty years.
Speaker 20: Since I had committed identity fraud?
Speaker 2: Why did you can identity fraud?
Speaker 20: Well, it wasn't like I made this big plan to do it. I had some friends that did something stupid and they stole like some chick's wallet when they were helping her change her tire, and she was like, I'll dry kits the whole long story. Nonetheless, we went to the mall the next day and spent somebody's money and I still felt guilty for it because it wasn't really obviously mine. Excuse me, and all we got was like stupid shit, Like went to the gap?
Speaker 2: What did you get at the gap?
Speaker 20: I got a really cute, like white sun dress. It's weird that I can still remember that, probably because they still feel guilty.
Speaker 2: What's the most expensive thing you bought with this woman's credit card was a.
Speaker 20: Pair of Doc Martin boots that were like one hundred and twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened with all the rest of the stuff? Did you ever give it back?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 20: No, I don't even know who the person was. It wasn't even in the town I lived in. My friend and I had like gone over and visited some dudes, and then they did that, and then we went to a mall on their way back to transporting us home, and so like I just had those boots for a while and that dressed for a while and felt guilty, and like the other people bought other stuff too, but it was all just frivil of shit that you buy when you're eighteen, stupid shit.
Speaker 2: What was the sort of spectrum of feeling bad about it? I assumed that in a group of friends spending another person's credit card, there's probably one friend who like feels extremely guilty about it, yeah, and another friend who is so excited that they get to spend someone else's money, and yeah, you know, sort of a spectra of people in between. Is that accurate at all?
Speaker 20: I would say probably. I think I was probably the one that was more worried about like spending this for you know, freaking out about, oh my gosh, what if you know, like kind of secretly hoping that this woman had already canceled them. They said she was shit, how drunk when they ended up taking her wallet. That's a other stupid story, but like I really felt bad about it, and so to think about it, I think it probably spent like three hundred bucks. And the dudes we were with, they were the ones that were like super excited about, you know, and it was back when they still had sam Goodies and shit.
Speaker 6: So they're buying like CDs.
Speaker 2: What did the guys. What was the most expensive things the guys bought?
Speaker 20: Oh god, I can't even remember, like electronic shit, I'm sure because we all just kind of split up with our cards.
Speaker 2: So how did this end? That you ever get the cards back?
Speaker 20: No, we actually like broke them into pieces, like little tiny pieces and then threw them out the window down the freeway.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Yeah, it was twenty years ago. I still felt really bad.
Speaker 2: Which freeway. Maybe someone will come along and blow them back together.
Speaker 20: Because the statue of delimitations is up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, she's probably canceled them by now.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna hope.
Speaker 20: I mean, like they found this woman in a ditch, like drunk as a skunk. Yeah, Like the dudes we were with, they were out cruising around.
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 20: I think they were probably like going to the gas station and get us.
Speaker 6: We're finding someone to buy his beer.
Speaker 20: We were all eighteen, and they rolled up on this chick kind in the ditch because of weather, and so they got out to help her, and she was just like, I mean, she was trying to hand them like money and stuff, and she's like, oh, I'm so sorry. Thanks you're not telling you know, like doing the thanks for not telling me what, Thanks for hoping me get my car out so she could drive home. And then I don't know what why they felt the need to just take her wallet or wallet or whatever it was, you know, like what in that moment, she was trying to be nice, she was thankful with they. You know, I don't know, I'm not a psychologists. I can't decide why they did that.
Speaker 2: But wow, so they just kind of stole this drunk woman's yeah, wallets and then let's drive home.
Speaker 20: Yeah right, Wow, maybe that's the real issue.
Speaker 2: Do you feel as though you've done enough in the past twenty years to repent for your involvement in this.
Speaker 20: Yes, I actually do, but it's weird to still feel guilty. I like work in social services, you know, I do all those kind of things, advocate, you know. I won't go into that and get political. But I feel like I've given back a lot in the work.
Speaker 6: That I do, so.
Speaker 20: But I still really guilty.
Speaker 6: It's kind of weird.
Speaker 20: Like I saw my husband, I was, I wonder if.
Speaker 23: I should confess to that.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Thanks.
Speaker 7: Gay.
Speaker 20: Really enjoyed your stream last night for Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing that with us.
Speaker 2: Of course, Megan, thank you so much for going in to confess.
Speaker 20: Thank you. You have a good night, you too.
Speaker 4: All from Phil, Phil.
Speaker 6: All from.
Speaker 4: Behind?
Speaker 8: Oh wow, I got through it. Did you.
Speaker 6: Have your neck goloring?
Speaker 2: It's going all right? I was your night going?
Speaker 9: Phil?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm eating dinner.
Speaker 2: What's for dinner? Phil?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 6: Enchilada, rice empan.
Speaker 2: Did you make it or did you buy it?
Speaker 8: I bought it?
Speaker 2: You bored you? Where'd you buy it from?
Speaker 6: I'm Mexican restaurant down the street.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good man. For a second, I thought you were like the kind of dude that like makes enchiladas for himself and I was about to be really impressed.
Speaker 8: Oh no, I don't know how to go.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to cook either. It's hard. It's too hard.
Speaker 6: It's too hard, too much, it chires too much energy.
Speaker 2: Do you have a lot of energy?
Speaker 6: It depends on the dad right now, Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 16: So, h.
Speaker 10: M hmm.
Speaker 2: What's your confession?
Speaker 6: So I was thinking about it while I was following you, and I used to be a bully in middle school.
Speaker 17: Actually used to be a bully.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think about it sometimes. Or did you just random? I was part of a group of friends that I'm going to behave the best and they would occasionally make fun of someone in our own group of friends. Now that I set that out loud, actually they were not friends because they were kind of passboards.
Speaker 10: M m m hm hm.
Speaker 2: At the end of this, so you're going to reveal that you were the one that got bullied.
Speaker 6: No, I actually bullied someone with the other people.
Speaker 2: What were your transgressions? Shout guys, sorry, what were your transgressions? Well not what were your transgressions?
Speaker 6: What's transgression?
Speaker 2: What were your transgressions?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 6: They would just make fun of people, and in order to shuit in, I would as well.
Speaker 2: Tell me about this guy that you made fun of.
Speaker 7: Uh So.
Speaker 6: I don't want to say his name. Let's call him John Doe.
Speaker 2: He said, what is called what? John Delle?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You say John Doe?
Speaker 26: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I don't want to say his name.
Speaker 17: Oh okay.
Speaker 6: But one thing that always stands out to me is that one time he shaved his head and came back to school and we were sitting at lunch table and we all started making fun of him, say he had cancers. I was pretty fucked up to say, but again, just trying to fit in, I went along with it.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you saw John?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 6: Twenty ten?
Speaker 2: Twenty ten?
Speaker 6: Because I was tenth grade and I moved away.
Speaker 2: Do you know where John is now? Do you know what he's doing?
Speaker 6: I randomly look him up on Facebook and Instagram. He doesn't post much, but who's under?
Speaker 2: How's he doing? From what you can tell?
Speaker 6: From what I can tell, he's doing all right. It's hard to tell them because I'm not his bridal Facebook or Instagram. I just view whatever is public.
Speaker 2: What about the other people, These these people that you were friends with that you were that you were making fun of this kid with. And how many other guys were there in this group?
Speaker 6: Mm? Two in total, including me and John Doe the sixth six?
Speaker 2: Uh. Do you keep me contact with any of these guys?
Speaker 6: I don't because my parents knew how how mischievous. I can't say how bad did he and they actually didn't like me hanging out with them, so as soon as we moved away, it was hard to go back to that town to visit and hang out with them and went on.
Speaker 2: Have you coped in contact with any of them online?
Speaker 6: No? Sometimes I feel them, like like my Instagram stories or Instagram posts, But other than that, I don't really talk to them.
Speaker 2: I'll ask you what I asked. I forget her name. But do you feel like you've personally done enough? You know, by your own definition?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 2: Repent for this in the time.
Speaker 6: Since it happened, No, I don't think so. I never talked to them ever again. And it's really weird. It's just I randomly start thinking about him, and I feel like shit when I do, because I knew it was wrong to do, but I still did it.
Speaker 2: Is repenting for this appealing or interesting or a goal of yours in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 6: I would love to, but I've never had the nerve to do.
Speaker 2: So what about in ways that don't involve direct contact with the person?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't even know what. I wouldn't fell like asking someone else to say that I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: No, just like h I don't know giving someone else at the dollar.
Speaker 6: You know what's funny, I'm actually actually working in the medical field and I work with cancer vision now, and I don't know if, like sub consciously I made that decision or or what.
Speaker 2: There it is. You think that that could be a form of repentance.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm, No, goodness, I'm pretty sure we I where we sucked up that this middle school, and usually middle school is when you're growing, developing to what you will be as an adults, and knowing that we made this kid's life really difficult. Uh, Billy bothered.
Speaker 2: What your name was?
Speaker 9: Phil?
Speaker 2: Thank you for sharing, Phil.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 14: Have a good night.
Speaker 6: Do you too have a good night? Love you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you too. Take care.
Speaker 4: H All from Camden, Camden.
Speaker 9: Hi, how are you doing, mister Dicco.
Speaker 2: I'm all right, Camden.
Speaker 9: Just came across your show here on the red lines, are are paying the see what it's sold out?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure that out myself. Cam, What were you doing before you called in?
Speaker 9: I just cut off of work, you know, kissing asks for money? Just call customer service? Okay?
Speaker 2: Do you welcome? Where do you work customer service at?
Speaker 9: I work for a company called Publics?
Speaker 8: And what when?
Speaker 9: Just in case anyone from management is watching, I love the company and I have no complaint whatsoever.
Speaker 2: No, no, look, Cam's not even your real name. I'm not even really you're having it. You're in a dream right now. Man, you can say whatever you want. I want to know the truth about Publics. Tell me, please, Well, our.
Speaker 9: Companies actually some hot water right now.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know if the controversy something you want me talking about on your show right now?
Speaker 2: But oh you know, please, well what's what's the controversy? Is it political? Is it social?
Speaker 3: Is it.
Speaker 4: Me hit men?
Speaker 9: Uh? Well, He'll be honest with you. We are the person who funds our or how does our cherry organization? Or did I think she's just had done if this happened, but she donated three hundred thousand dollars to rally at Capitol Hill and in uh, we're in pretty hot water about it because then publics went on Twitter and said like, oh, she doesn't represent you know what we think. But you know, one of our biggest things is giving back to the community. And so now that where I'm at is like, how does that not represent us? If that's our whole thing is giving back and helping other people, Like, how does that not represent us?
Speaker 2: So are now you as an individual that works for this company, you know, because it's one I feel like this this is it's one thing. I mean, everyone's you know, has the thing where like, Okay, I'm not going to support this company as a consumer anymore, you know, because I don't agree with, you know, any things that they've done. But for you, when it's your livelihood, you know, does that add an extra layer of conflict when you're trying to, you know, stand up for what you believe the fact that it's it's your livelihood.
Speaker 9: At this point, I don't care if I get fired because I know a lot of different business owners on the area where to the point where I'm just like, if I get fired, I have other people lying like that would that that are ready to hire me and get me into their businesses. I'm not too scared of it, you know, you know, not to mention that they also try to use them all my coworkers as like a poster child. He's a grown man with caine, he has circle quality, and they tried to use some as like a like a example of how good they are to people with special needs, when he is even really like disabled or anything like that. I mean, he can make his own decisions and like he'd had to advocate for his own needs too, And so it's just it's it's kind of it's it's sick.
Speaker 2: It is are you are you considering quitting?
Speaker 9: Honestly? If I if I get a jellaware notes for me before I get fired?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're you're you're talking you you think you're gonna get fired?
Speaker 17: Don't you.
Speaker 5: Rely?
Speaker 9: This ready thing? When from amazingcyes this.
Speaker 2: Do I mean before okay before but no, no, before this, did you think were you on track to get fired for some reason? Before you called in? Before this? I mean this is not No one cares about this.
Speaker 9: I don't kiss. I don't kiss the management as so probably they don't really like it. When you're not like the perfect like individual, just the you know, fake happiness and all that, it's just fucking it's it's you know what I mean. It's uh yeah, when you're not like fake happy and everything like that, they don't like it and they don't like you don't get moved up.
Speaker 2: What's your like ultimate you could go anywhere place to go after publics to work.
Speaker 9: I well, I'm in college right now for geology and I'm hoping to get a really good career in that in the future, okay for my gelgy pressure as it is, and you know, it's it's a fantastic opportunity, you know, to you know, get experienced from him then just kind of learn things. And I'm taking as they go. I want taking slow with college because I don't want to. I don't know, I don't want to suck it up. It's yeah, I have I have a big opportunity right now with like the money that has been saved up, and so I don't want to waste that and like move terribly fast.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 9: I don't know if I'm making sense at all, but mm hmm, yeah, that's kind of where I'm at with that.
Speaker 2: I love it. Man, would you say your fake name was?
Speaker 9: Uh, fake name Schmitty. We'll go to Schmitty. How about that?
Speaker 2: Schmitt? I love yeah, well schmitty man. Look, thank you for calling, and man, you have a good rest of the night. And power to you. You know, do what you gotta do for public's go move on, go go get into rocks. I love it, dude.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And as a slave moderator whoever just said that, I love you too, Thank you. I love you as well. Hey, you all have a good one.
Speaker 2: That guy was nice. He was a nice guy.
Speaker 10: All from.
Speaker 2: Bronx Bronson Bronson? There?
Speaker 22: How are you?
Speaker 2: Bronson?
Speaker 5: Dode?
Speaker 8: All right? How are you?
Speaker 2: Bronson? What do you think of the kindness economy? I?
Speaker 23: Uh, I'm kind of on your side, because it seems like after a time, it does just turn back into a.
Speaker 2: Regular economy, right, turns back into regular economy immediately.
Speaker 17: Sorry what I said?
Speaker 2: It turns back into a regular economy immediate, Yeah, yeah, exactly. And also I believe Look, do I think it's good to be an asshole? I don't know, but I believe in the freedom to be one. What if I want to just go around being a jerk to everyone?
Speaker 23: I mean, you're prerogative, but like I think I think there's a balance, you know, Like I wouldn't want to be a jerk to everybody, but I think it's inevitable sometimes to be a jerk.
Speaker 5: To some people.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that you're a good person?
Speaker 23: A big question, man.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 23: Generally speaking, I'm a pretty decent guy. I wouldn't say I'm perfect, but I'm all right guy.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. What do you think money is.
Speaker 23: The kind of like a philosopher's stone in a way from where like, yeah, well I'm not sure what the Harry Potter one did, but like the thing that turns lead into gold, like it turns one thing into another thing, you know what I mean. Like it's uh, I think, like, man, I used to say I love money, but I don't think that's true. I think I love what money can do, which is I think in a lot of ways, it can give you freedom where you're not you know, grinding to pay rent or you know, buy buy food or whatever. But like it's a it's a bit of like a double edged sword. After a while, like I think it can get to the point where, like is the fanatical pursuit of freedom that freeing.
Speaker 2: What what do you do for a living?
Speaker 23: I I am in sales.
Speaker 2: M hmm, what do you see?
Speaker 23: I sell GPS for.
Speaker 2: H you sell GPS?
Speaker 23: Yeah? I actually might be quitting soon.
Speaker 8: I'm so excited.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you hate selling GPS? I?
Speaker 23: No, it's I it was. The job itself was pretty fine. I was pretty good at it. But uh, I worked for some people I'm not super fond of. I thought they did unethical things in the name of money.
Speaker 2: What did they do?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 23: Not to get too much into the weeds here, but basically my entire department except for me, was given a impossible quota to hit and told if they didn't hit that quota they would be fired. And then a week before the dude ate, they just fired them anyway, which is like, you know, you gotta do what you gotta do dollars and cents, but con to like not even give someone the chance to hit the mark I thought was not ethical.
Speaker 2: So they in advance. They knew in advance that they were going to have to fire these people anyway, so their plan was always to fire them a week before the quota deadline.
Speaker 23: I think so, Yeah, I definitely think that was the case. And I don't know if you're a Christmas character, but I thought there was this whole quota came out like a week before Christmas, which I think is a rough time to tell someone that your job is on the line for sure. So yeah, I don't know, man. They Actually I was calling you a Monday, trying to get in to talk about this because I'm very conflicted about this whole situation.
Speaker 2: Oh please, Yes, what's the source of Well, I guess, I mean was the what's the conflict about whether or not to stay there?
Speaker 23: Yeah, because I was They've offered me a promotion, and yeah, and I think I stand to make a good amount of money and like, I've never made good money in my life and now I'm being offered like more money than I thought a person with my skill set could make. But also at the same time, I've come to realize this is like a morally ambiguous place to be. And as a person who's always said he's not motivated by money very much, it feels in a way like the universe saying are you sure about that?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Like, so, I mean we sort of started this story with the end of it you ended up quitting, right.
Speaker 23: I haven't quit yet.
Speaker 2: I okay, So is it still in the air or you've decided.
Speaker 23: I'm waiting to hear back about another job, and if I get that, probate quitting.
Speaker 2: But is the other job for significantly less money?
Speaker 8: Oh you better believe it, buddy.
Speaker 2: Now is making good You said that you've never been driven by money, so making good money has never been a thing that's been that important to you anyway from what I understand.
Speaker 23: Yeah, like making I'd like to make decent money, but I don't need to. I don't need a house with a wall. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The house with a wall.
Speaker 23: Yeah, like a big, big you know, l a house with a wall around it and the gate wall.
Speaker 2: Houses have walls. Oh you made a wall like out in front of the.
Speaker 8: House around the house?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, I thought you were talking about walls in the house because you need that.
Speaker 8: No, yeah, it's prereconsent.
Speaker 23: I need like at least four of those.
Speaker 2: So you're not driven by money. So if you're not driven by money, what, let me ask you? What do what does drive you? What do you what do you value in its place?
Speaker 23: It's a good question.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 23: I think you know this, that kind of economy guy is gonna love this. I think I generally want to help people or do something that like I'll put it to you this way, when I when I make a sales call to someone, I call them and I say, hey, I'm a GPS man. Do you need GPS? And most of the time they're like, no, never call me again. But sometimes they say, man, I'm so glad you called, like I'm looking for this, and that that is worth more than anything like that call pays more than any other call I could make.
Speaker 2: For sure, for sure, that is a good feeling when when someone needs something and you're able to give it to them.
Speaker 23: Yeah, yeah, exactly, man. Like you know, if I have the bread that someone wants, I'm happy to. Like, I know, the guy who supplies the bread for me to distribute to people will not accept kindness for it, but I'm happy to, you know, take the money, pass it into the next hand, and give the guy the bread. And I think at the end of the day, like everybody wins. The people who made the bread are happy to have the money. The guy who bought the bread is happy to trade money for bread or GPS whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like this role the one that you're pursuing. Which of the options when you were sort of weighing whether to go to the new place or to get promoted at the old place, which option do you feel like afforded you the better opportunity to help people?
Speaker 23: Hmmm, I would say probably roughly the same.
Speaker 2: I think roughly the same.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the new role in.
Speaker 23: General, I think on a more granular level, I'm my role would be exclusively helping people, but in a very small way, whereas the other role is I have less opportunity to genuinely help someone, but it's a much larger amount of help I provide them.
Speaker 2: So one role, you provide lots of people with a smaller amount of help. On the other role, you provide less people with a greater amount of help.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So if you view these two positions as equal in terms of your ability, in terms of how they serve you know what your true goal is? Then why does it Why is it such a big conflict for you which one to choose?
Speaker 23: Because the current role is I'm I'm sort of implicitly siding with people who did people I care about dirty, you know what I mean? Like, so I feel like, you know.
Speaker 8: If I were to.
Speaker 23: Come up with an example here, but like you know, let's say your favorite your favorite athlete or a musician turns out he like, yeah, sold a bunch of math to orphans. You feel pretty bad about like buying his CDs after that, Right, you'd be like, I don't know.
Speaker 8: About that, Like, uh, it'll feel a little weird.
Speaker 23: I think it's the same way like.
Speaker 2: I'm Justin Bieber actually did that? You can look that up.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I believe you to orphans.
Speaker 2: Okay, Justin. You can google Justin Bieber orphan myths. It'll come up.
Speaker 5: Like first result or do I have to look?
Speaker 2: I think what's important is that whatever you do choose, what are you? Are you confident in the decision you've chosen? Are you like gung ho down that pass? Because that's the that's the that's the thing.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: What I heard of someone say once about decision making is that whether or not your decision is right decision, you you actually have more control over that than you think right, because whatever you choose, there is no right decision. You choose something and then you make that the right decision, If that makes any sense.
Speaker 23: Yeah, definitely, I saw something kind of similar about that where someone was talking about you're looking at a fruit tree with a bunch of nice pieces of fruit on it, and they got there deciding which piece of fruit to take and over for time, oil the fruit out to the ground. And you know, God, exactly exactly, man, So I think you're absolutely right. It is more about making a choice in committing What.
Speaker 2: Did you say. Your name was.
Speaker 8: Bronson?
Speaker 2: Bronson? Well, Bronson? Man, you know, good good, good luck to you in the future. And I appreciate you sharing with us.
Speaker 23: Yeah, thank you taking my call. Man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Of course. Man. I'll talk to you soon. You have a good night, you too, buddy.
Speaker 8: Take care.
Speaker 10: All from beaiter yeah, beatter, Yeah, moderator, batter.
Speaker 2: You got batter. You gotta turn your you gotta turn your stream off. You gotta turn the stream off better. Oh, because I can hear it in the background. Beata Are you there?
Speaker 14: I'm there?
Speaker 2: Uh? Who are you bad?
Speaker 26: I'm I'm just a door dasher, delivering people's food to them every day.
Speaker 2: Are you on the job right now?
Speaker 26: I am not, but I did work about thirty minutes ago.
Speaker 2: In the snow.
Speaker 14: No, I'm not on the East Coast.
Speaker 2: Do you like door Dash?
Speaker 14: I mean, it's all right, it's notch that you get to do what you want, work when you want.
Speaker 26: You know, have a boss or your own boss.
Speaker 2: You know, you'd be good in like a commercial for working for them, and you can just say exactly what you said just now, exactly how you said it, and I would actually be pretty sold.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 14: Do you think corporate cares? Do you think they care about their door dash drivers?
Speaker 2: Probably not, no, But I think that the like if I saw a commercial h for like, sign up to run door dash and you said exactly like, yeah, it's kind of cool. You get to make it like that, I'd be like, I believe that that is what that experience is like, as opposed to if you know it was it was it was ultra upbeat or anything like that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and that's just the truth.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 2: Well, what's your talent?
Speaker 14: I breed fish.
Speaker 2: How'd you get into that?
Speaker 23: Well?
Speaker 26: I started with a thirty five gallon tank and I had fish in it, and then they had babies and I was like, well, in no way. And then I got a bigger tank, and then I got more fish, specifically guppies, and.
Speaker 2: Plecos plucos Yep, what is a pleco?
Speaker 14: A pleco? It's like it's like the bottom feeder.
Speaker 26: It sucks everything it gets big. They can be striped, just the bottom feeder of the tank, and they're kind of dope looking.
Speaker 2: What do you do with the fish after you breathe them? Do you sell them?
Speaker 7: Nah?
Speaker 26: I just either feed them to the catfish I have the babies, or I leave them the tank from the girl.
Speaker 2: So you have a separate How many different tanks do you have?
Speaker 12: Three?
Speaker 2: So you got a predator tank and a prey tank.
Speaker 14: Yeah, pretty much. I don't think of it like that, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. You don't really have to so you have fuck, dude, that's like this This is like a fish pyramid scheme of some kind because you don't have to buy fish food because you have other fish that are food.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 26: And I have plants, so everything like cleans itself. I have shrimp that clean the plants, and the plants clean the water, so everything's like I can't just leave it and it works like by itself, like an ecosystem.
Speaker 2: Does it make you feel like God?
Speaker 26: I mean I control their lives, I control if they eat I control if it's day or night. I control the temperature, I control much water is in there tank.
Speaker 2: Do you enjoy having that power?
Speaker 14: I guess I do.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like in general you you have like a lack of power in your life that you make up for with this power over the fish?
Speaker 14: Maybe?
Speaker 9: Maybe?
Speaker 26: Do you think the fish are like like they mean something else because of something else? Like the fish are.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm, I.
Speaker 14: Got coping mechanism for something.
Speaker 2: Do you think they're a coping mechanism for something?
Speaker 26: I think they're in an escape from reality. I think when I with my fish and I'm feeding my fish, I'm cleaning their tank. The only thing that's there, The only thing I'm thinking about is me and my fish.
Speaker 2: Yes exactly, but I yeah. I mean, look, that's not that much different from fucking any other action that isn't just kind of sitting and staring at the wall. You know, right when you're with your fish, you're focused one.
Speaker 26: Well, like looking at wall and looking at fish like my fish like everything's different, they're different colors. You don't know what's going to happen. Everything's random.
Speaker 2: What do you feel like you're escaping from?
Speaker 14: Probably taxes?
Speaker 26: I'm very I don't know anything about that. That's my biggest worry about right now.
Speaker 14: I do door dash.
Speaker 26: They don't tell me anything about taxes. All they did was send me a paper the school like I'm in high school, like senior year all that.
Speaker 14: I'm eighteen.
Speaker 26: By the way, I just about to put that out there because I just said that.
Speaker 2: And yeah, how much money did you make doing door dash in twenty twenty?
Speaker 26: In twenty twenty, I started in November, so I made in November and December I made like four hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have to pay taxes in twenty twenty, so you don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Would you say your name.
Speaker 14: Was Peter but it's Peter? Well, yeah, do.
Speaker 2: You feel like, over the course of this call you kind of started out with a fake name and then can we establish a little bit of trust between each other that you gave me the real one?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 26: And I think it's I think it's a little obvious that my name was Peter, because you know.
Speaker 2: The b MP, I thought it was Beata like masturbaiter and I thought you were gonna call in the.
Speaker 26: Trol Oh no, like like my friends call me Peter and stuff.
Speaker 14: Like a nickname.
Speaker 4: Have a good night, bater you too, Oh all from Willie.
Speaker 16: Kee key Mama, kee key MoMA, keim on my key kee keem my key Mama. Where did you put the keys to my car?
Speaker 11: Car?
Speaker 16: What didn't you put the fucking keys to my fucking car.
Speaker 4: I gotta go to the.
Speaker 2: Store and buy myself a loaf of bread to make some peanut butter jelly sandwich cheese. I will give me my.
Speaker 9: Jelly sandwiches. So I had your keys.
Speaker 2: I hid your keys.
Speaker 24: You said, don't hit my keys, don't hit my keys, please.
Speaker 18: But I did it anyway.
Speaker 2: I do it every day, and I'll do it and I'll do it until you pay me five dollars.
Speaker 16: Mama, Please don't hurt my keys. I don't have five dollars in my bank account right now.
Speaker 2: Why do you do this to me? I don't have a lot of cheese, Mama. Please don't hide my key.
Speaker 18: Please.
Speaker 24: You better I get a job or learn to bob, or get some keys that are hanging on a bob that I got that money in my little sonney. If you want anything hot butter and honey.
Speaker 2: I don't want to live a life of crime.
Speaker 8: Well that's too bad.
Speaker 16: I don't want to, but I need a few dimes to get my peanut butter jelly sandwiches.
Speaker 24: Mama, Please, you could maybe try investing in the market and may get some dollars. You will outline and then if some people holler, they say some things and they'll phone it rings that you.
Speaker 8: Broke you've gone broke their.
Speaker 2: What's your talent?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 2: I guess that was pretty good.
Speaker 17: That was a lot.
Speaker 2: You know. I came in, you know, I came into this and I and I was like, I started, like, you know, I opened it right and then and then you started rhyming, and I was like, oh, this guy's way better than me at this. And uh, but you know, I tried.
Speaker 24: You're clearly the best at what you do.
Speaker 2: Not like, are we talking about like within that interaction that we had.
Speaker 24: Just now, No, I'm talking about whatever it is that you do. Like, I don't know how you describe your streams to people when you tell people you stream, but you're clearly really good at what you're doing.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a trick to being really good at what you do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I believe it's Look.
Speaker 2: Only well, here's the thing. Yeah, I feel like, well, it depends. Like, look, if you look at what I do as interviewing, like, of course I'm not the best inn of course I'm not the best interviewer. But if you look at what I'm doing as you know, doing myself, of course I'm the best person at doing myself. But like you know, if you're doing something that you would describe as doing yourself, then if no one can, no one can be better than you if you're doing yourself. I know that that sounds fucking cheesy, by I do believe in that, right, But you.
Speaker 24: Found a way of being yourself. It's clearly very entertaining to a large number people.
Speaker 2: I found a good medium for it.
Speaker 8: Mmm, you did.
Speaker 24: It's a new medium, which is very cool. It's very cool to live in the time when people can do things like this.
Speaker 2: It's hard. It's a lazy medium, streaming, it's a very lazy medium.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 2: It is laborious. But it's like before this, I used to make movies. You know, it's so like making a movie or like editing of it's so you it's the opposite of this. Because this I'm here, I'm in lights for three hours talking to people editing a movie or a video is you're alone in the dark, you talk to no one for days, but it's it's but you come out with a more refined product than just sitting around blabbing on a stream, right.
Speaker 24: I It's that's very funny because I also do a lot of editing, and it's like you're it's like you're charging up for this one big blast, and you really hope the blast is perfect and they're getting to do something like this, and I do something a little bit similar. But I don't mean to compare myself to the geck, but it's kind of like, oh, I can say anything and it's all equally valid, and if it's like not perfect, it's nested in the middle of a three hour stream, So who exactly you know exactly right?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yeah it man, you get.
Speaker 2: And another thing is is like I feel like on a on a stream, I think you're more raw because in like a video or like a fucking tweet, even anything that's pre written, it go, you type something or you make something and then you're like, now that sounds stupid, and you throw it out and you come back. But now if I say something and I'm like and I think right after I said it, I think that's stupid. I don't know if it's already out. I'm not time. I can't attract it. So it's the most raw version of your thoughts, and you.
Speaker 24: Always have the option of going back and making a more refined version of it.
Speaker 17: Yes, but you don't have to.
Speaker 2: It's true, that's true.
Speaker 24: I never do.
Speaker 2: Well, what is this thing that you do that you were saying? Is similar? Do do do you stream?
Speaker 9: I do stream?
Speaker 24: I stream with a character, and I don't usually talk about it, but I might as well, because.
Speaker 2: You seem to stream.
Speaker 24: Streaming as a character, and uh, you get the character?
Speaker 8: Is it's I pretend to be.
Speaker 24: A German Man and I like play the song and I do it on here and it's a fun time.
Speaker 2: You pretend to be a German Man on our pet. Yes, Yes, his name Himie Wilhelm, Jimie Wilhelm.
Speaker 24: If I may, yeah, if I may say his name.
Speaker 2: Of course. Well, now, uh tell me the tell me the origin of himI Heimi Wilhelm.
Speaker 8: That's a great question.
Speaker 24: Are you familiar with the band of wolf Peck?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 9: They do that?
Speaker 2: What does the fox say song?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 24: That is that's that's a guy from a different country.
Speaker 2: But I am not familiar with the band will Wolf Peck.
Speaker 24: Then they're they're they're phenomenal.
Speaker 8: But I happened to have.
Speaker 24: Gone to a summer camp where the big front man, Jack Stratton, was a teacher and I learned from him, and he had a character named Mushi Krongole, who was like anyone out there.
Speaker 9: If you google Mushi Krongle.
Speaker 24: There's some very very nice stuff. And I don't know, I just wanted a character too. So I started doing this bullshit in college and then kept doing it after college and live settings, and then live shows went away, and then I discovered our pen and had a blast.
Speaker 2: And so you were doing this German Man of live shows of it. Yeah, yeah, Well how did these shows go? Were they pre written or were they improvised or the comedy? I'm curious?
Speaker 24: Yeah, absolutely, I you know. I also, in the before time did stand up, but I would find that his character would consistently.
Speaker 9: Do better than the stand up.
Speaker 24: Yeah, so I ended up doing character law. But I think it's it's it's correct. Me tell me if to do a similar for you. I don't know why the character works, do you claim to know why what you do works.
Speaker 2: I have I think I know why what I well, it depends on how you define works, because you could define that if you wanted to define that as objective, if you want to find that objectively as like are there people watching me do this right now? Then yes it works objectively. But if you wanted to find it like you know, is it? You know, there's a lot of different ways to define if something works. But I think I don't know if I went into why I thought this worked, it would I think I'd get to, uh, you know, I know why it works for me. I used to do stand up in the before times, and like if I can. If I came on a stream, if and I was like, I'm Lyle and this is the Lile Advice Hour with me, I'd be like, I'm a fucking douche. I should go kill myself. What am I doing? But but when you're doing it with like a character, when you're doing it, it's it's so much less personal. You have you have you, there's so much more. I don't even know how you would like, you know, detachment, but like the good kind of detachment that that that makes you looser. If that makes sense.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I honestly I feel the same way, and I couldn't say it better myself.
Speaker 2: I want to know about this will because I did. When Pandemic is over. I want to do the therapy echo live, but I I am trying to work out how that would work. What I want to do is I want to just take calls, stream it stream like set up some cameras, stream it on Twitch, and just take do exactly what I'm doing, but with an audience. How did your streams go? What did you do? Or your shows?
Speaker 24: Well, for the shows, it would usually be like it would be comedy shows. If the end up stem stump and I would just do this character and it would just go get on stage with this with a saw, or like this omni chord, which is like really fun music, like electronic instrument, and I just be like, I don't have anything written, Like give me either a topic and I make up a song on the omni chord or I just do covers on the saw, but they're like fucked.
Speaker 8: Up because it's it's a musical.
Speaker 9: It's it's a regular saw.
Speaker 8: You cut woodwhip and you play with like a cello bow.
Speaker 24: And it sounds it's like, no matter what you play, it's gonna sound like fucked up that I don't know, it's just the fun thing. But like it's like this, you don't have to write anything, and like you said, yeah, it's kind of detached from you. So it's not like, oh, it's me Willy on stage and I wrote these jokes and if you don't like the jokes, that means you don't like me.
Speaker 8: But I'm not me.
Speaker 24: I'm this other guy, this character.
Speaker 4: So you know, it's heart.
Speaker 2: I think with streaming though, because like when you're if you if if you go on stage and you know you did stay, if you go on stage and you just start talking and everything you say does and sort of wrap up into a neat little bow that has a laugh at the end. It doesn't work live, But if you do it on the computer, it's different because I mean, I have to people watching this right now probably have it open in like another tab while they're like on Facebook or doing something else. It's not as intimate, right.
Speaker 24: Plus you know there's other the of the whole, you know, the cost background and the music. I mean, I don't know if you want to give away what is this music that you're playing quietly in the background.
Speaker 2: It's glorious. This music. It's it's called it's the first No, I think it's the third result that comes up when you type into YouTube cool ambient music.
Speaker 9: Okay, nice, that's all.
Speaker 24: But yeah, I mean, yeah, you should definitely do this live.
Speaker 2: I want to I'm trying to go. I'm trying to go everywhere I want to go to. Uh, I don't know. I'll figure it out. If I show up to goddamn Austin, Texas and three people come, If if one person comes, I'm literally just gonna live stream myself that that person. I'm gonna give them a microphone. We take calls. We'll do what we do, you know. Yeah, all right, you were good at that thing earlier. I can I can see that you have you some some chords.
Speaker 15: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Would you say your name was Willie? WILLI Well, well, thank you, Willie Man. I'll talk to you soon. I appreciate you absolutely, Thank you for having me on. You have a good night. Ma'am goes on the line, taking your own calls every night.
Speaker 1: He was teaching you.
Speaker 10: The intervie