Speaker 1: Bobby Transmittinglisa. Hello, welcome to Friday Show Morning Studio. Morning. I'm left handed. It's been a difficult life for me being left handed.
Speaker 2: I was reading a story about how a lot of parents will if their kids starts to be left handed, they may them be right handed. Oh, they just start going Nope, right hand, right hand, right hand. So you have kids who grow up now being right handed. But we're naturally left handed.
Speaker 3: And maybe is what happened to me.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Maybe, uh huh, just from knowing you forever, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: What what about when I golf?
Speaker 1: What about it?
Speaker 3: And when I bat left handed?
Speaker 1: What about it?
Speaker 4: Okay, and miss Kelly, the dyslexia coach that came in here and did all that stuff, she said that could have been the beginning of some of.
Speaker 3: The confusion in my brain. Wow, fair enough, just saying my dad was left handed.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's genetic. Yeah, I think it's just weird. You're just weird. You're really unlucky, you're born into it. You guys have no idea how hard it is. No, we don't. I made a list of how hard it is.
Speaker 4: Oh, whatever, you're more creative.
Speaker 1: Let's go number how many do you want? I got ten of them.
Speaker 2: Go number ten watches I like watching I'm watch guy now, But most watches are designed for right handers to wear on their left wrist, which is way less convenient for left handed people.
Speaker 1: Number nine using a can opener, Yeah good luck. That's all I wrote.
Speaker 5: Yeah good luck.
Speaker 2: It's always a side to twitch.
Speaker 1: With the wrong hand. It clicks the wrong Number eight.
Speaker 2: Writing in binders or notebooks because that those big clips in the middle, you can't even ride across it. If it's just on straight paper, fine, there's endless room, but you write with those big clips on the left side, you're screwed.
Speaker 1: Left handed. Number thank you, And you made about you at the beginning a specially that makes.
Speaker 3: It about me, making it about me, But now I'm thankful.
Speaker 1: Number seven.
Speaker 2: Eating out at a restaurant next to right handed people, Oh, you bump them.
Speaker 1: We're both over here.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to eat, they're trying to It's a constant car wreck. And they'd shame me terrible. They'll like, where'd you learn to eat?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, the same place you did, And they're like your mom and your dad and I was like, no, sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Number six, cutting with scissors. Scissors suck for left handed people. Scissors are made for right handed people. Number five people always blown away. It's the fact that I'm left handed.
Speaker 5: You know what, move along.
Speaker 1: I'm not a circus act. Am I bearded woman?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I'm left handed.
Speaker 6: But when you play sports, people are like, ooh, cool lefty, So you kind of get praised for that.
Speaker 2: They're like, look at the south paw. Hey, anybody ever tell you're throwing from the wrong side? Hey, you get constantly move alone. Number four video game controllers are built for right handed people. Most games assume the right pointer finger is what you used the most.
Speaker 1: I got news for them. My left one is.
Speaker 2: Number three, sharpie on the back of my hand or pencil on the back of my hand because my hand drags across it.
Speaker 1: Number two. Not being able to find a left handed.
Speaker 2: Baseball glove amazon right, Well, now, it's like going to the score as a kid. You had to look to every one of them you could. I couldn't find it any of them. And number one and this is the hardest of all. And you guys have no idea how hard it is. Not being able to play a song when people are passing guitars around because it's a right handed guitar. Yeah, you know, often I feel judged and I'm like, I could play a couple of songs.
Speaker 1: And you're in that scenario all the time, all the time, and then buying a left handed guitar much more expensive, harder to find.
Speaker 2: Sorry, man, there are certain people. It's a disability. I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe I should get a hand cap sticker. That's where it's going. You should apply see what they say.
Speaker 2: You guys have no idea how hard it is to be left handed. Like a shout out to all my left handed people out there. How about swiping credit cards? They're meant those machines are meant for right handed people.
Speaker 1: You can't do that with your.
Speaker 2: Left You can, but it's much harder now stick it in amy whoa in school, all the the desks are made for right handed people. Think about how that the little thing you can tap the credit card? No, but it's not as easy. Measuring cups. Don't get me started.
Speaker 1: You're still I think you said there were ten fourteen?
Speaker 3: No, no, no measuring No what measuring cups?
Speaker 1: The handles it's one handle.
Speaker 5: It's literally a handle in the middle of.
Speaker 2: No measurement tools are printed for right handed orientation. They're making it harder for left handed people to read them. Wow, you guys have no idea every day? I hard my life is you had no idea? Justice for lat haended people. I think we should get our special day off or something.
Speaker 7: Now we know, Oh, look there's a day, there is a let haended day, but nobody gets off.
Speaker 1: Nobody gets off.
Speaker 2: We're here coming up, Thomas Rhett will be on the show. Not left handed, anybody else in this whole show left handed I was supposed to be, but oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I feel bad.
Speaker 7: Your your your your day just pasted August thirteenth. We didn't even celebrate. Oh man, were and you're supposed to have day August thirteenth?
Speaker 1: Did' even have it?
Speaker 5: Anonymous, here's the question to be.
Speaker 2: Hello, Bobby Bones. I really like this girl. Been dating for a couple months now, so much about her. I could go on and on, but she spends a lot of her evenings going out partying, and it's become difficult for me to keep up. I know, I don't have to be with her every time she goes out, but I don't want to give her the impression that my interest in her is waning. Is it going to run things if I opt out like twenty percent of her partying, Well, that makes it seem like I'm not interested sign dating a party girl. I think you have this all wrong, man, Like, she's not gonna care if you go or not when she wants to go out all the time. But can you actually, like, do you want to be with someone who wants to go out partying all the time when you don't? So you have to also understand, bro, you're of value too. It's not about you just want to keep up and make her keep liking you. And also if she wants to go party and you want to stay home, that's cool. But a lot of times it just depending on the age. If you're twenty two, how do you answer this? It's fine, let her go party, go some If you're thirty four, it's a whole different story here. If you're thirty four and she's going out all the time and you're not, that's probably that's probably gonna be pretty consistent in her life. She loves to go out, and that's not gonna match for the most part, I think you need to reevaluate that depending on your age.
Speaker 1: But you don't need to worry about going out.
Speaker 2: If you don't want to go out, it's not gonna seem like your interest is waning. But if she goes out a whole lot and you don't like, that's all that's gonna be a thing.
Speaker 1: If you're like a real life.
Speaker 4: Adult, she's gonna catch up to you for sure, and you want to see if like, is she able to just chill with you.
Speaker 3: At home or you constantly just chasing what she's doing.
Speaker 1: And how hard is she partying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you snuck out and watch your party with you not around us, if she's making out other dudes, Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Not healthy.
Speaker 2: Don't recommend it, but you never know because if you're if you're going hard, who knows what's going on. Yeah, So I would just say, reevaluate the situation if you're over thirty. If you're under thirty and it's like you're out of college, just figure out if you want to keep up or not. But if you're over thirty, like that ain't gonna change with her. You need to figure out if you want to be with someone. Not that what she's doing is bad, but your lifestyles are very different. All right, there you go. That's the mail back close it.
Speaker 1: Upbby Bone, Showy Lunchbocks got mad at a sausage guy at the grocery store. Remember this, Yes, Lunchbocks. For our listeners that are new to go ahead.
Speaker 7: I went to the meat counter and I got a one pound of spicy pork sausage and it was in the casing and I didn't want it in the casing. So as he was taking it off, I said, oh, by the way, could you take that out of the casing for me?
Speaker 1: And he said that would be easy. But no.
Speaker 8: When you told the story the first time, though, you were like, yo, take it out of the casing.
Speaker 1: Your hesitation has gotten kinder.
Speaker 7: However, either way, it said that would be easy, but no.
Speaker 2: So I challenged Lunchbox to go back to the same store, try with somebody different, because it could have just been a store policy.
Speaker 1: The guy may not have just been a jerk. It may not be sausage guy who's a fault here. Okay, So you went back, went back and I ordered the same thing.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Can I get a pound of the spicy Italian pork sausage. Please, is there anywhere I can get that out of the casing? Did you just like cut the casing.
Speaker 5: Off for me?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Thanks man, Thanks for doing that, man, I appreciate it. Thanks man. I appreciate you cutting that for me. Thank you, Thanks man.
Speaker 1: Thanks man.
Speaker 6: The guy.
Speaker 1: Why is this guy thanking me so much?
Speaker 5: Because I'm trying to get him to talk more? He was so quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he works at a meat counter, I understand, but I was trying he didn't know he's being interviewed.
Speaker 1: I was trying to get him.
Speaker 7: To say, hey, no problem, man, we wouldn't do that anytime or anything.
Speaker 1: And he was just like, yeah, I think I can do that. I feel like he even did not want to do it. Yeah, he said. Maybe He's like, I don't know. So what what's your conclusion here?
Speaker 7: My conclusion is that I do need to file a complaint and taddle on the first guy that wanted to say, oh yeah, that'd be easy.
Speaker 1: But no, do you have audio of that though? I don't?
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh man, it's my word. Verse is, But who they gonna believe customer is always right?
Speaker 1: I don't think that's policy anymore as much the customer is always right. That's like eighties.
Speaker 5: So would you agree with me? Though the first guy was a jerk.
Speaker 3: I don't think he was a jerk. I just think that.
Speaker 2: I also think how you presented it was like, yo, cut us out, and now you've changed it to being really kind. Yeah, so I think what's saying more with honey than vinegar. Yeah, the honey than vinegar, be nicer for people. They'll do nice things for you.
Speaker 1: I guy had no problem doing it. Yeah, that guy did have a problem doing it. He did it anyway, though, But it sounds like it could be a policy. And this guy was being like, you know what if.
Speaker 2: This guy no so hippy and he's doing his job, sounds like he did extra extra.
Speaker 3: He definitely did. I really think it is a policy.
Speaker 1: I do too. All Right, thank you lunch Blox, thanks for the update.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 10: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 11: Aready.
Speaker 6: Laura Aikins is a pe teacher in Pender High School in North Carolina and she has a student named Khalik. She found out that Khalik had this kidney disease where he needed a new kidney.
Speaker 1: She said, oh, man, I really want to help Collek. So let me go home.
Speaker 6: She talked to her husband, said, I really think I want to donate my kidney to Kaleik. So she goes the hospital, gets checked she is not a match. But what she found out that if she donates a kidney to a complete stranger, it'll send Khalik to the top of the list.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really threw me because when you're like, she goes to the hospital and get checked in, not a match, not a match.
Speaker 1: It wasn't expecting that it was bad news.
Speaker 6: But then they said, you know what, there's like a voucher program where if you donate to a complete stranger, your friend Khalik could go to the top of the list.
Speaker 1: So she did.
Speaker 6: She donated her kidney to a complete stranger, and now Khalik is waiting for his kidney.
Speaker 1: You ever heard of such thing?
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 5: Did you know?
Speaker 1: You moved up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Gray's Anatomy they talk about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes there's whole chains that get created. You can't mess with it because.
Speaker 2: Everybody's so if somebody donates to a stranger and then while this person's waiting, somebody else donates to a stranger, they jump the person into like I have all these questions.
Speaker 1: Good, that's a good question. Yeah, it doesn't matter. Like what this teacher did wonderful. Yeah, one of the most humane things I've ever heard of.
Speaker 6: But it's got to be a time priority, right, Like if Laura did this first, then she's got to stay up.
Speaker 1: At the top of that list.
Speaker 2: But then if I'm on the list, if I'm like, I'm gonna donate, but there's four people waiting at the top of a list, I'm like, well, I'm gonna hold I am I gonna do it now, wait.
Speaker 5: Till Yeah, but it is different, so it may not match with the person the.
Speaker 1: Point then I want to It's a lot of things. Give me the fourth thing, way too much about it. We just love this teacher. This what's your name again? Her name is Laura Aikins. Sake and draw someome That's what it's all about.
Speaker 5: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna leave with this fun fact.
Speaker 2: In the original version of Sleeping Beauty, the prince doesn't kiss her to wake her up. He actually impregnates her and she wakes up when the child is born. I not.
Speaker 5: How they want to soften that up.
Speaker 1: That's crazy and wake me up to.
Speaker 2: Wow, when was the original written his way before the one we saw on TV? That's why old, that's some good. That is a creeper, I'd say. Looked to his computer for other STLF. They didn't have any huters back then. Wow, okay, mon fact Friday, Amy.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: We are more creative in the shower. So if you've ever felt like ideas come to you when you're taking a shower, it's because warm water increases the flow of dopamine, which makes you more creative.
Speaker 3: So that's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I come with a lot of great ideas in the shower, but then I don't have anything to write them down on because it's.
Speaker 1: Wet in there, and not forget them. That's a good boy. Yeah yeah, lunchbox, Oh.
Speaker 7: My goodness, guys, I got a shout out of this guy Mickey. He told me this fun fact. I thought it was not true. I looked it up. It's true. In two thousand and four, Dave Matthews Band, the you know, the you know really Freshman.
Speaker 1: No, that's not the right band. Dave Matthews Band like so.
Speaker 2: Much to say, so much to say, so much to say so much just say no, no, no, no, no, no, no whatever. No, but you did a song from a one hit wonder. The herd Pipe Dave Matthews band is like Falck and Roll Hall of Fame, like that type of worthy.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, my fault.
Speaker 7: They were driving in Chicago and they were going over one of those bridges that has like holes in it, and the bus driver decided, you know what, we have eight hundred pounds of human waste on here.
Speaker 1: Let's get rid of it.
Speaker 5: He releases it into the river.
Speaker 7: Only problem is a sightseeing tour bus is driving under the bridge and the people were sitting.
Speaker 5: On the bus and they got dowsed in.
Speaker 1: Remember this is a real story story, dude, except for the freshman part.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, you thought, oh, you know, I just dump it in the Chicago river or whatever, and they got so wow and they ended up having to pay a lot of money and fines. And I mean that is bananas. When we were at the brewery and Mickey told me, I was like, that's not real.
Speaker 1: I don't even Mickey is a shoutout, Micky, Yeah, shot out Mickey, Eddie.
Speaker 6: So if you took all your arteries and veins out of your body and stretched him out, it would be over one hundred thousand miles long.
Speaker 1: One hundred thousand miles. Yeah, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 6: You look at your body, You're like, there's no way, but they're so tangled up in our body that if we stretched it all out, it'd be over one hundred thousand miles long, one thousand miles.
Speaker 1: Hey, my friend Mickey told me that seems classic Morgan.
Speaker 3: Is everybody here like Ketchup?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you don't like it, lunchbox no Ketchup, Nope, weird.
Speaker 2: My wife never has never eaten economy and ever in her life, and I thought that was weird.
Speaker 1: But ketchup is like the most universally beloved Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 12: Well, lunchboxs you would have been screwed in the eighteen hundreds because ketchup was once sold as a medicine. In eighteen thirties, it was believed ketchup could cure diarrhea, indigestion, and even johndice.
Speaker 3: So it was like the pepto bismol.
Speaker 2: Not sure it still can't though, we don't know, just not marketed as that anymore. There's a common myth that's the word X mess when you see Xmas for Christmas is a way to emphasize religious tradition, but that's actually the opposite of what Xmas is. So people will say you're taking the crist at of Christmas. But the term actually dates back to Christian churches where the X and Merry Christmas. X stands for Chi, which was Christ, so it's an abbreviation for Christ in Greek. The suffix m as is Latin for Mass, so they both kreated suffix meant christ Mass. But now you will see people going, oh, you take to Christ out of Christmas. That's just actually no knowledge of what the tradition is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell them about this fun fact when they say.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, and then tell him aout sleeping beauty right after that. That'll go, well, hit him with the right, then the left, holy Man, and.
Speaker 1: One other one.
Speaker 2: One month before Seinfeld started, Jason Alexander, who played George, who was like crazy George does anything. He actually won a Tony for Best Leading Actor in a Musical for Jerome Robbins on Broadway, like such a highly respected, touted Broadway star before he went on Seinfeld and became Georgia.
Speaker 1: Stanze like dumb George.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a podcast called in the Vets Office with Doctor Josie and Taylor Lawan is on it. Taylan is the wife of Taylor Lawan who played in the NFL for a long time. And Taylor they had a chicken coop and she was talking about how sick she got from cleaning the chicken coop without a mask on here.
Speaker 11: Because I didn't know you're supposed to bear like a mask respirator. I got myself so sick. Really, Oh yeah, Like what were your symptoms? I was like, I think I started the new Avian flu.
Speaker 3: It's not okay, you were patient.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: I was cleaning my own chicken coop.
Speaker 2: And they have chickens and they have goats, and the goats started dying because of goat herpies.
Speaker 1: Whoa left hear.
Speaker 11: It goat herpes. They got it from a sheep. They could get it from a sheep, but they can't get it from each other. But there's no telling if they all have it.
Speaker 4: Once they're infected, they have it for life and it lays latent and then it'll flare up like just randomly and they can die from it.
Speaker 1: So like in life, watch out for those sheep. They need protection.
Speaker 2: Just watch out for the sheep that's called in the vet's office with doctor Josie.
Speaker 1: Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 4: All right, it's never too early to plan what Halloween costumes you want for this year, and Entertainment Tonight put together a list of the best couple's costumes for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Salt and Pepper, Mushroom Ketcha, Burt and Ernie does still make it?
Speaker 3: They're not on there? Go ahead, Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That was a good one last year too, I think right because they together.
Speaker 2: Then oh, you just Wren eighty seven Jersey to Bondwig, but then you switch it up though you have heard Dough the eighty seven, but he does the blond way.
Speaker 4: That's funny ya Beetlejuice and Lydia, Yes, because it's coming back.
Speaker 1: What's the name Jenny Ortega?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah? What else?
Speaker 3: Dead pull and Wolverine.
Speaker 1: That's dedication. That's a lot of costume.
Speaker 3: Penelope and Colin from Bridgerton.
Speaker 1: I've never watched Bridgerton, not a hater.
Speaker 3: And Cleopatra and mar Campany.
Speaker 1: Not new, Yeah, as old as Salt and Pepper, they're.
Speaker 3: One of the top ones.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So if you're someone that swipes through a lot of videos because you're bored, and you're just like, you know, flipping through on social media and you just swipe, swipe, swipe, it's actually making you more bored.
Speaker 1: You know another costume you could do, now that you talk about it.
Speaker 2: You can have somebody with a tiny micro phone coming out of their phone and you could put a blonde wig on and they're like, what are you and you go and you lean to the microphone.
Speaker 1: You'll houk to a spin on that thing. Oh that's great.
Speaker 2: Because the guy was doing the phone interview, I hadn't seen that, but that would be funny. No one would know what it was. You'd have to act it out every time, like what are you guys? And then he has the cable out of his phone and leans it and she goes, hog do I spending that thing all night? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's pretty good one. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: No, she she relates that because she was a viral video on social media, some people probably swipe through her.
Speaker 1: No, what are you talking about.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about digital switching when you're on social media. This is what it's called if you're just swiping through videos because you're bored, but you're not watching videos through through its completion.
Speaker 2: It's today's flipping the channels. Yeah, because I would just flip channels. It wouldn't matter if there are some good on or not. I wouldn't stop him flipping flip flip, flip flip Judge, Judy.
Speaker 1: Court, and so that would happen. That's now, just do it on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Well Talker did a whole study about it, and they said that watching short snippets of videos and then swing through them or fast forwarding increases your boredom. So if you're bored, watch the whole video, and they say it's more satisfying, engaging, and meaningful.
Speaker 2: I can agree with that even back in the day, because I would just get angrier that I was bored because there were so many channels and I didn't want to stop on any of them. So yeah, I get it, But it's that's today's flipping the channels.
Speaker 1: By what else?
Speaker 3: I've got some facts about Laneie Wilson.
Speaker 1: You may be facts. Let's go.
Speaker 4: When she was nine years old, her mom bought her a pair of blue leopard print bell bottoms, and she's joked that since then, she doesn't think anyone's ever seen her inkles. Okay, when she was Hannah Montana, she would impersonate her on the weekends at parties. She would make four hundred dollars a gig and sometimes they would even let her sing her own songs.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money. That's an impersonator, Like, that's four hundred bucks a show. That's more than some artists make now that are doing it as a career.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else?
Speaker 4: Landy lived in a camper van when she was first trying to make it in Nashville, and she said when a big storm would come in, she thought she was going to get blown away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, moved here, had nowhere to livet So she lived in a camper.
Speaker 4: And another fact about that as Luke Combs would actually go visit her in her trailer and they would write songs.
Speaker 2: They they smell out time together. They moved to town to right right now. I just felt, lady will be on the show Lenny right song.
Speaker 1: Yes, Lady will be here money.
Speaker 4: And the last one fact is Laney has a no tongue rule for kissing on screen.
Speaker 1: Why absolutely? Hi?
Speaker 3: Amy that's my file.
Speaker 1: That was Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 10: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 4: How much Box.
Speaker 7: There's three guys in Cincinnati that just got out of prison. They spent a combined forty four years in prison for crimes they didn't commit, and they're having a hard time adjusting back to society. You know, they didn't feel comfortable, they felt, you know, unsure themselves. You know, their teeth were a little messed up because the dental care is not that great in prison. So there's a dentist office in Cincinnati said, hey, we're going to fix your teeth for free. That way you feel confident, you feel good about yourself. So they went in little here there fix their teeth for free.
Speaker 2: If you go to prison and you didn't do the crime, it's a million dollars a year for auld.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what I would do. I don't know where we gett the money.
Speaker 4: And then you don't have to and also you have to pay for anything.
Speaker 1: Well, no, that's a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Ye an, you get your million a year and don't wait at a restaurant. No, no, all that you can pay the Yeah, yeah, you get a million bucks a year and go try to have a decent life, even though the one thing that you can't duplicate, time was taken from you. So that one of these conventions R n C, DNC I would get out.
Speaker 1: So I'd say, that's good. Everybody's been in jail for crime. They didn't commit.
Speaker 2: A million dollars a year, that's what you get. And everybody like, how do we get the money from taxes?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know. Turn the music off, I walk off. Figure it out. Yeah, you guys figured it out. I just say the crap. That sucks.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they got dental care, but that sucks. They weren't jailed for something they didn't do. All right, that's a good story. Well part of it was good.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: Million dollars a year, that's what I would say. All right, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 5: That was tell me something good.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say to our listeners never ever ever take financial advice from us.
Speaker 1: We know nothing. We do stupid stuff. We know nothing.
Speaker 2: I just want to say that before I play this voicemail. We know nothing, No go ahead.
Speaker 3: In March of twenty twenty, Ray told us to.
Speaker 1: Buy a Royal Caribbean stock. I bought ten shares at twenty three dollars and twenty nine cents.
Speaker 11: Today, those ten shares are worth one thousand, five hundred eighty dollars.
Speaker 1: And eighty cents.
Speaker 3: That's a five hundred and seventy eight percent increase in my shares. Thanks Ray, Mundo, great job.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, don't listen to us for now on because what because Ray has predicted the greatest stock in the history of the Boybone Show and said that.
Speaker 1: I just don't people to think we know we're talking about big win. Ray though, like respect, Yeah, I don't know if it's that much, but I got tipped off.
Speaker 2: I got a buddy who lives in Miami said, cruise, they're going to be through the race.
Speaker 1: He lives near the waters. Like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You had agrisk bag because that raise our new money out. No, Hello, the video is better than that.
Speaker 1: No it's not.
Speaker 2: I looked, it's not five hundred and eighty five percent of however, Ray, good job, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's do the Morning Corny. The Morning Corny.
Speaker 4: Why can't you ever argue with a ninety degree angle because they're always right.
Speaker 1: That's true. That was the morning Corny.
Speaker 2: I have no video it's up one because it took a big tumble.
Speaker 1: And what was world World Caribbean? I like five hundred, it's a little different.
Speaker 10: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Thomas Rhett his new album is out today. When you do a new record, it's do you try to always present a slightly new version of yourself or is it as you're a different person because you've actually matured with age and experience and it just comes out a new person of yourself, like a version Maybe both.
Speaker 13: I mean, I feel like I try to write you know where I'm at in life, and I think right now I'm in a fun season of life, like all my kids are in school for the first time ever, and so I feel like Lauren and I just kind of are freer these days. And so I think I think whatever I'm kind of going through in life sort of translates to music. But I think when it comes to making records, I feel like it's always trying to be progressive while remaining authentic.
Speaker 2: The album is about a woman, and we're going to play some songs as we talk, But Ray, would you give.
Speaker 1: Me an overdrive?
Speaker 13: I would say that This song is a pretty accurate story of my high school days. If you will, do you have your Do you have your first truck that you ever drove? Anybody have that.
Speaker 12: Burn?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yours? I do.
Speaker 10: I bought it back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember when you did that.
Speaker 10: I bought it back. And so I just I don't know.
Speaker 13: When I hear this song, I smell, you know, Abercrombie and fitched fierce. Immediately I go straight back to like nineties two thousand's all rock, and I just I don't know. I just can envision myself going to pick up Lauren in that truck, And I don't know. I love nostalgia, Like I'm a sucker for cheesy high school football films and you know, things that take me back to younger years, and so this kind of checks all those boxes for me.
Speaker 1: When you and Lauren were first dating.
Speaker 2: Because I saw the picture that one of you guys had posted recently, it was like at a football game. Maybe it's been posted a couple of times. Yeah, sure, did you guys say hourdly, we know we're gonna get married. We're so in love? Because I'm sure that cycled in and out. But was that always the thing?
Speaker 10: With you two for her, no for me? Did you say that to her like as a kid, don't? I don't think.
Speaker 13: So we dated a little bit when we were like sixteen years old, and you know, dated other people for a long we didn't really get back together until we were like twenty one twenty two.
Speaker 2: When you were dating at sixteen, though, did you feel like this is the person I'm gonna marry.
Speaker 10: I mean I probably thought about it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that just it just feels like, in hindsight, you guys have always been together.
Speaker 13: Even I mean we kind of even when we were dating other people, we actually still double dated together.
Speaker 1: So like, yeah, you mean you went out like we.
Speaker 10: Always remained really good friends.
Speaker 13: And so if I was dating somebody else and she was dating somebody else, we would go to the movie together, like go to Sonic together, like you know, do the things. We always remained like really close.
Speaker 1: Sounds a bit fish.
Speaker 4: Whatever girl you had with you how to be like, oh my gosh, she's totally into the other ground There was.
Speaker 13: There was a long time period where I seriously did I completely had blocked it out of my mind. But I think like later on, when I turned like you know, sophomore junior in college. I was just like, man, you know, but I kind of thought she was going to get married to somebody else. And we actually see both of these people on a regular basis. Like the girl, the girl that I dated, I see her at church every Sunday and uh. And one of the guys or one of the one of the guys that Lauren dated, he comes to all of our like Halloween parties, Christmas parties, all the stuff. So we see a lot more of like the people that Lauren dated than I dated.
Speaker 10: So probably shows to her character. She probably dated better people than me.
Speaker 2: You guys have been together even married for a while. Yeah, how does she feel when you create something new and you bring it home and you're like, check out.
Speaker 1: This song.
Speaker 2: Because it's even for my wife, And I say, my wife loves me and supports me in every way. Sure, And we were talking about my wife doesn't listen to the show. She just does not care. She's like I live with the show for sure, So I would say I would say it's similar. I think like early on she was with me a ton, like before we got married.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 13: Lauren graduated as a nurse from the university of Tennessee, and when we were going into marriage counseling, our counselor was like, I think y'all just need to like really be together your first year of marriage. And so she was with me, like with you know, seven other dudes on the bus. And back then we were playing like two hundred and eighty three hundred and something plus shows. So I mean she got a full feel like twenty twelve, twenty thirteen on the road.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I used to play her like every.
Speaker 13: Song that I would write, And now I don't even really play her demos anymore. I wait till they're finished because Lauren gets like severe demo demo ad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I remember when I wrote Die Happy Man. I played her the demo and then we went to the studio to cut it. She's like, I hate this.
Speaker 10: Version, and I was like, well, I can't.
Speaker 13: Put two am you know bus vocal out on the radio. But anyway, I've gotten to the point where I'll finish the record now and then I'll play it all four So.
Speaker 2: What about this record sonically musically than people's ears?
Speaker 1: Are they going to feel a bit different?
Speaker 10: Man? I worked with a different producer on this project. I don't sure if you.
Speaker 2: Explain what that because again I think we all know we're in that world of what a producer even.
Speaker 10: Is for sure?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 10: That's kind of all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what does that mean when you say work with a new producer? How does that affect you and what you're doing while you're in there.
Speaker 13: I think that different producers use, you know, different sounds, They come from different backgrounds, their influencers are different, and so on this record, Dan Huff remained a constant on this project.
Speaker 10: But my buddy Julian Benetta.
Speaker 13: I don't know if you think you know that Julian, but he started, you know, maybe fifteen twenty years ago, and his first big project that he worked on was like the One Direction albums, and so like grew grew up in La, did the whole La thing. And now this year he produced my record, produced the Sabrina Carpenter record and the Teddy Swims project. And so I feel like his ability to kind of shift in between like all those different things, while having the wealth of knowledge that he has, he kind of just came in and like challenged me in a bunch of different ways musically, lyrically, sonically.
Speaker 2: A challenge, like he if you have something that you like, and he's like, does he say, I think that can be better? Like do you allow someone to challenge you?
Speaker 13: Like, oh, dude, hundred percent. We do this thing called the firing squad with each other. So me and him and the cold people will sit around. I don't know if y'all do this, but you should. We sit around and we just pass the you know, the little speaker around and we just play songs and we absolutely go hard in the paint on what we either like or can't stand about the song. So I feel like in this right like every single song went through so many rounds of like why do you like this? Why do you not like this? I love the first verse, I hate the second verse. The bridge could be better. So I think having the time this go around, because I had such a light touring year this year, it allowed me to kind of like keep going back over to Julian's house in tweaking melody and tweaking verses. And I've never done that before. It's kind of always been like, well, the song is done, that's what it's going to be. A lot of these songs went through a bunch of different rounds of just like fixing and tweaking until we both felt like it was right.
Speaker 2: So will you ever sing? And somebody like Julian or whomeever you trust, is like, do it again? That is not it and you're like, no, I feel like that's like and they push you and then maybe you hit a spot, a new spot, or maybe you have to chase the place you don't feel comfortable and does that happen?
Speaker 13: It happened a lot on this project, cause I feel like I've really found my voice and I feel like I know how I sing.
Speaker 10: But he challenged me in a bunch of.
Speaker 13: Different ways on this record, like on Boots, which is like I think track maybe twelve or twelve or thirteen. I think I told you this the other night, but I sang it like me and he was just like, I feel like your vocal is boring. And I was like, what do you mean to do? And he was like, I just want you to channel Elvis and Dwight Yoakam right here, even if we don't use it, I just want to hear what it sounds like. And so I did it as a joke and then I started living with that and all of a sudden, it became so much more cooler. It just became cooler to me because it was almost like I was playing a character for the first time. I want a song like Can't Love You Anymore? Like I always sing really full voice, and he challenged me to singing kind of like this weird not whisper but not yelling kind of voice. And so I feel like I felt like on a lot of the tracks on this record, he kind of encouraged me to kind of sing differently on a lot of different things, to kind of just keep making the record interesting as you went down down the project.
Speaker 1: So ray I want to hear a love bit of Boots that he was talking about.
Speaker 13: Could have easily gone in there and just gone okay to talk to the session players. Let's record a nineties honky talk down in the song and I'll sing it like me. But then you start tweaking and you kind of get more into this like rockabilly land, and then compaired with like this, you know, kind of like easy top, like a hole, you know, like just kind of just getting just more into into the song, and and uh, it just made it so much more interesting to me.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna play which is the song that the record is kind of named after about a woman. So give me a little something here before I go into this, Like what's I don't know when I talk about that?
Speaker 1: What do you think? What do you say with a.
Speaker 10: Song something by a woman? Yeah?
Speaker 13: I feel like it is the song maybe I think something bout a woman in Boots? Are the ones that feel like the most left of center songs on the project. Really, I feel like they do. And if you know me, like I'm a giant like Rolling Rolling Stones fan, like big Steely Dan fan, and and I feel like I was trying to channel my inner MiG Jagger on this track. We wrote this song at like two o'clock in the morning on the road, and once we had finished it, I was like, I don't know where this goes, Like does it go on this project? Does it come as a one off? And the more I listen to it, the more it just kind of became my favorite thing. It's the one that when I sit down with a guitar or it's like the first thing I start playing.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna play it. Now, Here's something about a woman. Thomas Ht's here. He's got an album out that's called about a woman. It's out today, Go go stream it, save it and then stream it later. You can't even stream it right now, Save it right now, and then stream it later on the.
Speaker 10: Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 1: Now, Thomas Rhett. When you record an album, do you do it all?
Speaker 2: And like you go and you lock yourself in a studio for four days? Is it different every time you do? Sometimes it take months? Like this record, I don't know. Do you record all the track?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't understand how this works.
Speaker 13: Yeah, this record was obviously was different than any record I've ever done. During COVID, I taught myself how to like record my vocal at my house, and so I feel like when I would used to go record songs, it would always be like, Okay, we're gonna block seven days to go to your producer's house or to the studio into a gajillion takes of a song and whatever. But I kind of felt like doing it in my studio, like in my basement at home, Like I just feel like I could try more without anyone watching, And so I would just like literally just compile, compile and compile, and then I would shoot it over to Julian and he would do all the comping, Like when you sing a song like ten times in a row, you kind of like go through and you get you kind of get to pick the best pieces of the verse or get the you know, pick the best pieces of the chorus. And so I could never comp my vocal. I would I would go absolutely crazy doing that, but there are some people that are so good at it. But yeah, I mean we would go in and track, you know, with a live band, and we would take kind of the raw pieces of it and kind of we did mostly subtracting, which is interesting because I always feel like in my music, I'm I'm one of those people that just always likes to add and add and add. You know, if there's two part harmony, let's make it four, you know what I mean. And I feel like Julian and Dan did a good job on this record. It really just like subtracting, so kind of just taking the bones and just making what needed to be there stay there. So I feel like there's on this record there's more space than there's ever been on my projects, which kind of terrified me in a way because space freaks me out, Like even when I'm playing shows. If like we end a song and like my drummer has to change his snare drum er, we have like guitar changes whatever.
Speaker 10: I start to panic.
Speaker 13: Because I feel like we just need to get into the next song as fast as humanly possible. But I've kind of learned how to embrace the space on this project.
Speaker 2: So do you ever hear any flaws in your old records? That's your fault? I mean yeah, like and you're like, oh man, I can't believe that five records ago, Like I missed that a little. Do you ever hear that or purposely leave a flaw in? Because I can think of a couple of famous songs, oh yeah, not even yours, like a James Blunt You're beautiful at that beginning part.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, uh kolbe kala hey can you count me in?
Speaker 2: There are a lot of those little any of that on your records where they either left it.
Speaker 13: I've always I've always really loved flaw on albums, like I think probably my favorite reference would be like one of the first couple Led Zeppelin albums, like John Bonham is the reason I ever wanted to play drums, and so like when you listen to those records, you can hear his like kick drum pedal squeaking, you know, in the microphone or whatever, and today you would you would be able to just like take that out. But I think I think flaw is what makes you human, you know what I'm saying. And so there's definitely sometimes when I listen down to a vocal or like my voice cracked or my voice broke, but it.
Speaker 2: I got a record though, that made it, and you didn't catch it until it's like fully produced.
Speaker 13: No, because I listened to these songs way too many times not to catch that stuff. But I think I definitely look back at records and I go, man, that record could have done without five or six of those songs.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean?
Speaker 13: Because I do think we kind of live in an age where it's like more is better all the time, content music, whatever, and so like on this record, like even just putting fourteen songs on this project freaked me out because I was like, everybody is putting a gajillion songs on their project and they're releasing like three projects a year. But yeah, I definitely look back at my older records and I'm like, man, those could have easily been eleven songs and not eighteen.
Speaker 1: There's song I think of. Were you a Nirvana fan ever?
Speaker 10: Yes, but not miss you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 10: I was a Nirvana fan, but probably not as big as you were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's big. I'm obviously a little older too.
Speaker 2: But there's a song Pollie where it's like Polly says her back hurts, but he jumps in. He should have waited four and he jumped in it two. And I listened to the producer who was in Garbage, who is very famous producer, and he was talking about how he just jumped in early and they left it in like I love sure those instances of it just seems normal now. Yeah, for sure, hear these famous songs, but they left like, well.
Speaker 13: Those are the things, those are the things that you can't wait to, like scream at a concert, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, like a hidden tracks used to be a rad thing. It was like, I don't I don't know that that our generation has the capacity to wait sixty seconds after the last song is over.
Speaker 2: And we would see now how long a song is and it would end a three and be like, why is this track seven minutes? Because I remember like hard Candy from County Crows on the last I would hold down this fast forwards on the CD, right, yeah, and then they would hear oh no said and it was Joni Mitchell and it ended up later being them with the Vanessa Carlton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, paved Parod. I used to put up that was the hidden track, and I was like, this is the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hidden tracks were so legit, we need to bring them back. What about like backward masking? You ever hear about that where you play the song backwards and people would be like, you'd hear this, you'd hear and people be like, I swear he just said, the Devil's wearing jeans.
Speaker 1: The Devil's wearing jeens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you listen to? Whenever not new, I'm gonna put you there. But when it's you just are going to like relax. If you're like grill out in the back and you got to put something on that you love, but you don't have to spend a lot of attention to like what is your what's your songs?
Speaker 1: What's your music? Man?
Speaker 10: I'm kind of an old soul.
Speaker 13: I feel like when we're like cooking at the house or whatever, I'm a I just put on Frank Sinatra radio. There's something about the fifties. I don't know what it is, but it it puts me in a very joyous mood. So fifties music, I think, or yacht rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, yeah, when the big ballads come on yacht rock, that's pretty fun stuff, pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Do you guys go to Africa?
Speaker 10: We did. We were there for three weeks.
Speaker 1: How long is that flight?
Speaker 10: Which one?
Speaker 13: I mean my family went over to London to try to adapt at the time with all my kids and I flew from Denver to London, London to Dubai, Dubai down to Uganda and so all in all, it's it's about a thirty six hour travel day.
Speaker 10: Yeah wow.
Speaker 13: And coming back Dubai to Washington, d C. Is a fifteen hour straight flight. And we did that with four kids.
Speaker 1: And what do you do while you're there for three weeks? Was it your daughter's first time?
Speaker 10: D Yeah, it was. We kind of did half and a half.
Speaker 13: So my wife is on the board of this organization called Love One International, and for the last like five or six years they've been raising money to build this center in this little town about five hours north of Kampala, which is the capital. So we went over there for the grand opening of that and it was amazing. But yeah, watching wille Gray go back to Uganda for the first time. It's been eight years now, it was one of the most special moments as a dad that I've ever experienced.
Speaker 2: When you wrote Mamma's House, because you wrote that with Morgan. Yeah, how did that come up as a topic? Did someone come in to go, let's write about a mamma or did that organically just come about in conversation.
Speaker 13: That was the first time I ever wrote with Morgan. It was on Zoom during COVID. It was me and him and Josh Thompson and a guy named Matt Dragson, and we actually had written another song. I don't even remember what it was called, but I remember almost getting off the zoom thinking like we just wrote the worst song ever. And Morgan randomly gets a phone call from his grandmama and you can hear it in the very beginning of the track, like that was like live audio from that session. And he got back and I was like, man, I didn't know you had a mamma that was from East Tennessee because I've got a mama from me Tennessee, and we started talking about the way that we were raised and all this kind of stuff, and so we were just like, let's write a song about our grandparents, kind of honestly thinking this is never going to see the light of day. And it didn't for like four years, and then yeah, it came out and turns out a lot of people love singing about the grandmamas, So.
Speaker 1: I would say that's accurate.
Speaker 2: I think I liked the song too, even if they don't like their grammarship Ryeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You ever write a song that's you feel like it's really good and it just doesn't make sense for you, not even timing wise, but it's just like, man, I love this song and it's super catchy and says, but I don't make sense singing it.
Speaker 10: Sure, it happens a lot. Actually, what's one of those? Nothing?
Speaker 13: Probably nothing recently, But I just had to hit with Dustin Lynch want a song called Stars Like Confetti that I wrote and I loved, but it didn't make sense for my project. And I don't even have a reason for that, but I think like listening down and then putting that song in the mix, it didn't make sense.
Speaker 1: I like when it goes stars like confetti.
Speaker 10: Uh huh yeah, that little ear candy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So tell me about that specifically because I like that because it definitely hits way different, and there's a chance that when it hits different, it's going to hit Oh that's super catchy or that's super corny. Yeah, the shine line, I love that. That's what comes by. What are you saying?
Speaker 1: What's he saying? Exactly?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I think you just ah yah, did you.
Speaker 1: Write that in the initial chorus?
Speaker 10: And I've got the demo, I'll play, I'll send, I'll send it to you.
Speaker 1: And then did you think should we leave the II in or did you know immediately.
Speaker 13: You felt like yeah, I think we just wrote it and and I don't know, like six eight months went by and like nothing was happening with it, and so I think my buddy Josh Thompson the Senate to Dustin and he text me and said, are you gonna do anything with this? And I said I don't think so, and he and you never know when we will record your songs, that they're just going to be like random track number ten on an album if they're actually have a chance at making it as a single, but I think that song was kind of starting to pop organically. And yeah, dust I mean Dustin pretty much sang it how we did it in the demo.
Speaker 2: So I love Surprise, I love it and I just love the Yeah, like that is such.
Speaker 13: Well, it's like ooze and oz and like it's just something for people to latch onto, you know what I mean. Like, even if you don't know any of the other words in the show, you can go ah.
Speaker 2: You know, do you think if someone walked in with a shotgun right now and said Tom's raett, I need you to go in this room and I need you to write a song, and it has to be a hit, and it could be as as simple as possible, and you have thirty minutes, you could write a hit song.
Speaker 1: You can at all the claps and oohs and awe and kid choir anything you want. That is no. Do you think you could write a song in thirty minutes?
Speaker 10: It would be a hit?
Speaker 3: Maybe go to be a shotgun?
Speaker 13: YEA.
Speaker 2: Well, because we got to make him want to do it otherwise, he's like because he Thomas invests a lot of himself into his art and wants to say things are important to him. But I'm not asking to do that. I'm saying, you just got to write a goofy radio hit. Do you think in thirty minutes you could do one?
Speaker 10: Let me it could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome, get a gun bringing it.
Speaker 1: About a woman. It is out today, fourteen.
Speaker 10: Tracks, yeah, fourteen way.
Speaker 1: What's the deal you and Lauren? The UT and Georgia versions?
Speaker 5: What are you what?
Speaker 1: It's even happening here where you guys are going against each other.
Speaker 13: So that rivalry in our house has just been like such a joke for a long time. And like, you know, me and my dad are like the only two Georgia Bulldog fans that that I'm like, I spend a lot of time with, and so we go to a lot of UT games, and there's just not a whole bunch of love for the Georgia Bulldogs around my family. And so somebody on my team had the idea of making these two different vinyls. To see, so one has like the orange and white checkerboard on the hood and the other has like the red and black light Georgius stripe on the hood, And we just kind of wanted to make a competition out of that to kind of see who had more loyalty from my fan base, and so she's beating me by like thirty five percent currently, which is not shocking.
Speaker 2: So about a woman is out today. One other thing, you look really like healthy?
Speaker 10: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Anything? What are you doing new?
Speaker 13: I think I'm just like playing shows again. I've lost I've lost like twelve pounds over the summer, and I don't know if it's from jumping around in July and August.
Speaker 10: Heat or whatever.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you look good.
Speaker 10: I can't fit into most of my pants.
Speaker 3: Well you can't say that with such emphasis of good. I know you look good. But when it's like you look good.
Speaker 1: Like his hair is like popping, it's like a good color. It's like it's crazy.
Speaker 10: Liu as salt and pepper happening, awesome, embracing it.
Speaker 2: New albums out. Good to see your buddy. Like wise, man, that's always roof for everything you do. A hey, what if someone said final thing? What if someone said, Thom's Rett your producer, and you know you said they wanted you to like little Channel, little Dwight yoak a little maybe, oh I's fast as you know whatever that is, and they were like, we need you to channel Mickey Mouse and and just just lay down a little bit of half of me.
Speaker 1: Why need you do like Mickey Mouse?
Speaker 10: Ok, I could not do that.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm your producer for me.
Speaker 2: I kind of have to at least agree. Yeah, we never worked together. Then we never work you'd be out Bobby's record. See you didn't come to the challenge. And now I'm gonna go back to the Wiggles, which is what I've been known before. Yes, Thomas read the new record about a woman. Thomas, good to see a buddy.
Speaker 10: Like Wise, thank you, man.
Speaker 1: Ezy Trivia. Eddie's the new champion. He's wearing the t.
Speaker 5: R on his bald head.
Speaker 1: Champ is here. Does it hurt yes that I'm here in my head anymore? So it hurts? First?
Speaker 2: Category famous fast food items.
Speaker 1: No one should miss this? Yes, yes, yes, Eddie is the champion. Go first. What famous food chain is known for its big mac? That's McDonald's, correct, Morgan. What fast food restaurant serves a whopper?
Speaker 3: Oh, that is Burger King correct?
Speaker 1: Amy.
Speaker 2: The frosty is from Wendy's. Correct lunchbox. Let's finger licking good? KFC good. When you miss, if you miss, you will be boned.
Speaker 1: You've been booed, and you'll be out. Eddie's a champ seven total wins. Dang, I'm like Tom Brady of Easy Trivia.
Speaker 2: Amy four Lunchbox two. Morgan has never won a championship.
Speaker 1: So past your due. You're the Browns. I know who's not want who is that?
Speaker 2: You could be a lot of teams Texans never want a championship, Lions and never want a champions.
Speaker 1: The lines are good because they've been around for a while.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Famous US landmarks? Ready Ready?
Speaker 2: Which land ark is a giant statue located on Liberty Island and New York Harbor. Which landmark is a giant statue located on Liberty Island.
Speaker 1: In New York Harbor? Step to of Liberty Morgan? Which US landmark is famous for? A suspension bridge in San Francisco.
Speaker 12: Oh, I just know that it's in the San Francisco the it's bright red, I can see it.
Speaker 7: Shoot.
Speaker 3: What is the name? This is probably where I've never want a champion?
Speaker 2: Jim Well uslandmark famous suspension bridge in San Francisco.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna be so mad when I hear this out loud.
Speaker 3: What the freak is?
Speaker 1: It called why it's just like not listen, guys, my brain's alfunctioning on just the.
Speaker 2: London Bridge, the lunch Bridge, London Bridge, Francisco, Arizona.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm so mad?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Golden Gate Bridge?
Speaker 1: Amy?
Speaker 2: Which landmark is a large sculpture of four US presidents carved into a mountain in South.
Speaker 1: Dakota Mount Rushmark? Good, lunchbox?
Speaker 2: We famous landmark in DC is the residence of the US President White House?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 5: Or are there any mark monuments?
Speaker 1: Three remain.
Speaker 2: Famous lead singers Eddie who's the lead singer of You two? Bono Good? Amy, who is the lead singer of Queen.
Speaker 3: Freddy Mercury?
Speaker 1: Correct Lunchbox who is the lead singer of the Rolling Stones? Mick Jagger? Correct?
Speaker 2: What up next? Category Famous toys? What doll Eddie was introduced by Mattel in nineteen fifty nine and became an iconic fashion doll.
Speaker 1: Oh It's gotta be Barbie correct? Amy?
Speaker 2: Which classic toy consists of a spring that walks downstairs?
Speaker 3: Slinky?
Speaker 1: Correct? Lunchbox? What Toy?
Speaker 2: Car brand, launched by Mattel in nineteen sixty eight, features die cast minner as your Cars, hot Wheels, correct, next category third grade science. Oh great, Eddie, what gas do we breathe in for our survival?
Speaker 1: Oxygen? Correct?
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the process by which water turns into vapor and rises into the air evaporation? Correct, lunchbox, What are the three states of matter?
Speaker 5: Liquid?
Speaker 1: Gas? Solid? Correct?
Speaker 7: Interesting order skipped around solid liquid gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no right way. I just never heard of liquid, yes, cold, think of solid? Famous fashion, Eddie, Which fashion house is known for its signature quilted bags and interlocking ce logo? Which fashion house is for its signature quilted bags and interlocking C logo?
Speaker 6: Gosh, his crown hurts. I'm thinking it off. I mean, see logo. I don't know about this hold what it was?
Speaker 1: The pattern? You said? Interlocking? Interlocking? That is the logo is probably the Chanel right the sea? Oh no, no, no, no, no, interlocking? Is that Gucci?
Speaker 2: Gosh, I don't know, dude, interlocking c See Gucci wouldn't have a c oh, but that's two c's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gimme Gucci. No, why would you say Gucci?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: G U C C I Gucci the interlocking C H A N E L.
Speaker 2: No. I'm an idiot, so stupid, just based off of what you provided yourself and you said you see and they're like facing each other and they locked this way, isn't the Gucci have two?
Speaker 1: Stop arguing for it? Yellow card? A yellow card? Amy? What shoe brand is famous for its red soled high Hills? Correct lunchbox.
Speaker 2: What's the name of the annual fashion event hosted by Vogue, often called the Oscars of Fashion the met Gali?
Speaker 1: Correct? Never been? You've been Eddie?
Speaker 2: Gucci is two g's. No God, I had to look it up, but it's two g's Amy. Famous professions. What does a somalier specialize in? Correct lunchbox.
Speaker 1: What does a palaeontologist study?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: That's what?
Speaker 7: Ross bones? Dinosaur bones? What do you call that? Just bones? I guess it's just bones man? Uh, fossils?
Speaker 1: Dang, We'll go with bones.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Does he does?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Mike? Be more specific? Stop hitting the table. You can all hear that. Oh my god, yes, stupid?
Speaker 5: Uh, dinosaur bones.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, Mike, do you accept it? Then I'll say you accept it. We'll accept it. Fossils you said fossils, dinosaur bones? Fought will take it? You dance with the devil right now.
Speaker 5: Even I should have gone with fossil?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What does a cartographer make? Amy? What a cartographer?
Speaker 3: What does a cartographer make?
Speaker 1: What is a cartographer make?
Speaker 4: What is a cartographer make? Because I haven't never been heard of cartographer? What is a cartographer make?
Speaker 1: You're dancing with the devil?
Speaker 3: Cartographer?
Speaker 5: Car?
Speaker 3: Can you spell it? Please?
Speaker 1: Car? C A R photographer?
Speaker 3: O car?
Speaker 1: Cartographer?
Speaker 3: A cartographer? Does a cartographer make cars? A car maker?
Speaker 1: Incorrect? Already? I have scandalous it? Sure is? They make maps?
Speaker 3: Oh, I've heard of that, sang it.
Speaker 1: Podiatrist specializes in what podiatrist? For the win? Amy wouldn't do it?
Speaker 5: Someone offered her money?
Speaker 1: Those those.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, win a last season, but I came out of this season.
Speaker 1: Are controversy come out? Big time controversy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are giving an answer bones dinosaur bones?
Speaker 5: Were you gonna said more specific and on his dead fossils?
Speaker 1: But can't you got it?
Speaker 2: We gave it to you. Yes, Wow, song someth it's always up with lunchbox night. What happened to you? Now?
Speaker 7: My wife and I went to lunch and we got some It's one of those ones you go it' to counter you order and as you walk down, they make your little bowl or sandwich whatever you're ordering.
Speaker 1: What's familiar. Probably know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: Yeahs one of those kind of places, right, And it was a beautiful day outside. We were like, let's go sit on the patio and sit in one of the outside chairs.
Speaker 5: Well, there was these two nurses.
Speaker 7: They had their little nurse outfits on and they're sitting at one of the tables. Yeah, scrubs got it. And all the tables are full and everybody's eating their food. But these nurses are eating food that they brought from home. They have their little lunch boxes out and they're eating their homemade food at the table of the restaurant.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, wait a minute, what are.
Speaker 1: You really like not in your head?
Speaker 5: No, I tell my wife. I'm like, well that's not cool.
Speaker 1: It's a different different game here. Because he's like, wait a minute. So you go to your wife and.
Speaker 7: I said, oh, they got to get up a move because they're not paying for a seat, like, they're not eating the food that came from this restaurant. My wife's like, no, we'll just go eat inside. It's not a big deal. I agree with her.
Speaker 5: No, No.
Speaker 7: The etiquette is you can't use a restaurant's tables if you're not eating their food. If it's a full, like, if all the tables are full, you gotta get. Like the girl had her like little bullet maybe granola, and she was slicing her banana on top of it. And I'm like, they don't sell bananas here. Oh you're like that or you just think that. No, that's what I'm like in your head. You like that, yeah, And I'm like, no, we need to tell them they got it skit Scot's Google dude.
Speaker 1: And Joe, did you say skit Skat's coodle dude?
Speaker 5: No, my wife wouldn't let me. Oh would you have?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I would have?
Speaker 5: I said, hey, excuse me, ladies like.
Speaker 1: Would have done?
Speaker 7: All these tables are full, and you guys are not eating food for this restaurant. So you guys got to go sit on the curb or something. But I need that table.
Speaker 3: Do you see the patron police?
Speaker 1: No, I'm the etiquette police.
Speaker 7: So your question, though, is are you allowed to eat at a restaurant's table if you're not buying their food?
Speaker 1: Allowed? Sure?
Speaker 2: Probably if it's an outside table, should you if it's full. Probably not, but I don't think I'm gonna run anyone off, especially if there are tables inside.
Speaker 1: Now, if there are no tables and someone's.
Speaker 2: Just sitting there with their doggeting their blowny sandwich they brought from home, maybe you're like, hey, how long are guys gonna be here? We're gonna eat, We're gonna use this after you're done, Like you're nice about it, right, but.
Speaker 1: We just ended up eating inside.
Speaker 7: But I just thought, man, that's kind of disrespectful of them, those nurses. I mean, I understand their job is very important and they work hard, but doesn't mean you can steal tables from people.
Speaker 2: So let's say your wife wasn't there and you were there, Oh and I'm just one of the nurses, Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Excuse me, Like, yeah, I'm trying to sit outside and all the tables are full, and everyone else here is eating food in this restaurant.
Speaker 5: You're the only people that are. So I'm gonna need.
Speaker 1: You guys to find a different spot or not get the manager. There is there's no chance that would ever happen in a million years.
Speaker 2: That would I thought you can hit them with skit skats, candle or whatever gets cats gooodled dukes get Generally we depend on people to not take the final table. But really, if they're in it and it's outside, no one's gonna go and kick them out.
Speaker 7: But isn't it weird that they're eating there, that they didn't buy food there? They pull out their little lunch boxes out of their bag, and they got their little meal and their little cases of food, like unclipping the top and slice the banana out.
Speaker 1: Of like it as a docu series.
Speaker 5: I sat there and watch them, and I'm like, this is annoying.
Speaker 1: Good thing your wife was there. You'd really got in some trouble.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about this for a second.
Speaker 2: We're doing this contest I want everybody to know about so you can hop in our iHeartRadio Music Festivals coming next month in Vegas, September twentieth, the twenty first. It's a really great lineup Thomas Rey Keith, Urban Black Crows, Shaboozi Dua Lipa. I could go on, but what we want to do. What Audible once to do is give you a free trip to the festival. So to enter, Audible users must submit a video telling us how Audible transforms their everyday routine, so it could be like Amy, like like cleans the house and dust stuff all the time. So what are you doing while you're listening to Audible? The most creative entry will win a trip to Las Vegas for our iHeart Radio Music Festival. You get hotel, airfare, tickets to both nights, and the opportunity to meet Big Sean or Thomas Rhett and announce them on stage.
Speaker 1: At the show. Heck you win this? Should you get through more? Lunchbox does show? That's awesome? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Visit iHeartRadio dot com slash Audible if you want to enter. Rules are up there at Eligibility sponsored by Audible, with an incredible selection of audiobooks, plus podcasts and originals all in one easy to use Audible app. You can listen and escape the every day, anytime, anywhere. Audible There's more to imagine when you listen. It's a good, good trip, good contest, good price.
Speaker 1: Bobby Bone show up today.
Speaker 7: This story comes up from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. A thirty six year old man went to the candy store, bought a bag full of candy, went home eating a little bit. I don't like this candy, goes to take it back and they say, sir, our policy is once you buy the candy, you can't bring it back. It's stated right here, there's signs all over. And he goes, no, no, I don't like the candy. They said, sir, we're not giving you your money back. So the thirty six year old man pulls out a gun says, you're gonna give me my money back.
Speaker 5: I don't like the candy.
Speaker 1: Well you're lucky. Today's double your money back, sir. But I would say how I were in there and Keith Candy.
Speaker 2: It's hard because you're not supposed to take some on the back because you don't like it. But I feel like you've done that before. You're taken stuff back because it wasn't quite to what you thought it was going to be.
Speaker 7: You can do that if you don't, but if it if it states you can't bring it back, you can't bring it back. But like, let's say you buy a meal at a restaurant and you take a bike and this isn't really what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: You can send it back.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that's true either.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess you can A second A reasonable.
Speaker 2: Voice so we started to go, is he being reasonab? But I don't think you can order the I don't even know what this is. Steak florentine if that's a thing, and you go, yeah, never mind, yeah, in it back, No you ordered that.
Speaker 7: No, if you order a milkshake, let's say you order a banana cherry strawberry, uh with almonds milkshake.
Speaker 5: I don't know, just making I'm just random name.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at Amy's so hard on things, we have no idea what they are.
Speaker 5: And then you take it. You're like, oh, no, no, never mind, I don't I don't want this.
Speaker 2: And I don't think you can, especially if that's exactly what you get. If they bring that to you and let's just say, I don't know, they add some florentine to it, as in the steak florentine.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, I don't like this. Oh we didn't mean to put the florentine in. We'll take it back.
Speaker 2: But if it's what you ordered and they gave it to you, you get send it back unless it's messed up.
Speaker 7: An you never ordered a cocktail and you think, oh, that sounds really good, and you get that cocktail, right, Oh no, that is not good.
Speaker 6: Strawberry cherry vanilla all I'm up, Yes, I've done it, and you know what, dude, honestly, I don't care.
Speaker 1: If I don't like it, I'll tell them. I still think that's different than a whole meal. But then you put it on them and if they take it back, then you I still think its different than a who mill a drink at a bar. Yeah, where people are different than whatever.
Speaker 6: Strawberry vanilla alondlim lunchbox.
Speaker 5: That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 2: It's not your imagination. We're going through toilet paper faster than we used to.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that is? Amy?
Speaker 3: I have no idea think about it.
Speaker 1: Why are we going through toilet paper more than we used to?
Speaker 3: Are we going to we're drinking more water?
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're going with the body, the physical part. Yeah, No, it's a companies are cheaper and they're putting less.
Speaker 1: On a roll. Oh well, that means in nineteen ninety two, the average two ply toilet paper roll had one hundred and seventy sheets. Today fifty six. That's crazy. And we didn't have a clue one third.
Speaker 2: And then we're like man a mus stomach must be Jeoh, I probably don't even have ibs.
Speaker 1: It's probably just the companies.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: They get me now with like all the packaging for paper towels and toilet paper, it'll be like this is four rolls like in one, so like when you're buying it, you don't know, like everything looks bigger.
Speaker 3: But then I'm like, why don't you just.
Speaker 1: What? All right, We're done. We're done. Have a great weekend. We'll see you Monday. Goodbye, everybody.
Speaker 2: Show the Bobby Bones theme song written produce sang Bye read Yardberry. You can find his instagram at Reidyarberry dot com. Scooba Steve executive producer, Ray Mundo, head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thanks for listening to the podcast.