Speaker 1: Well, well, well it's Austin Reeves and Ants world.
Speaker 2: We're all just living in it.
Speaker 1: We have figured out who the next Laker is gonna be. According to super purser Jabbari, We're back to continue to discuss Team USA in the FOVA Tournament before breaking down the Northwest Division with podcaster Greg Foster. On today's episode, I'm Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 3: And I'm producer Jabari and for Miles, and this is Miles and Jack got sometimes got mad.
Speaker 4: I think that I think we got that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, beauty, there we go. Davis be driving Spitty Cory A three stuff Cory from Gotown again. Nat, what you got, honesty? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: Hi, thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 3: I just want to say, just right off top, I'm enjoying the FOBA Tournament tournament a lot, and I think it's the like the one time, you know, like that and the Olympics is when I can actually like be a nationalist. Yeah, like you know, like every other time it's like man, whatever, okay, sure, but like as soon as like I hear that national anthem during like FOBA.
Speaker 5: Or you know, the Olympics, yeah, I'm all in.
Speaker 4: You know, get straight. You're saluting.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I did.
Speaker 4: You got in the corner.
Speaker 5: I got you. Yeah, I'm not mad at im. I'm all in.
Speaker 3: It's fun and I uh would do just about anything to get ants on my team.
Speaker 1: I feel like I know what it's like to be a Lakers fan when watch it, when like watching FOBA, because it's like there's such a superiority complex I get when I'm like watching like somebody do something for another team and I'm like, oh, okay, that was cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is what it's like.
Speaker 3: To win and have a story, franchise and like legacy of winning. Yeah, yes, this is a this is a nice change.
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest with you guys. It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: It's pretty I was more talking about from like a toxic uh condescension standpoint of just assuming everybody for every other team would like to be playing secretly wishes they're playing for my team. That's how I feel what I'm watching international ball. I don't think it's necessarily true, but.
Speaker 4: It doesn't help that Team USA was teasing US US Lakers fans, US toxic you know nation uh, saying things like this duo and putting up a picture of Ant and Austin. I mean, if you don't want if you don't want me to come to the party, don't send me an invite.
Speaker 3: I mean, honestly, that's the that's the white men can't jump sequel we actually deserve.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, that's absolutely that's a lot of fun. They'd be a good time together. I love that. That is that is just them tempting you. That just putting a putting them in a pick sure together and referring to two players as a duo is a statement about the future of the Lakers.
Speaker 4: I mean really, that's like, you know, not to lean into the stereotype. But I mean, is there any other eventual outcome? I mean, like this is you know, this is it was written so I'll see you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they posted that photo of social and all of a sudden photoshops stock Rose likes dollars.
Speaker 2: But Greg, you are friend of the show.
Speaker 1: Uh you co host Unsalvageable with one of our favorite guests in Miles and Jack. I'm mat Boostie's history, Sarah Todd's when she's the best, she's.
Speaker 3: Like exploring the catacombs right now somewhere in Paris or I don't know what the.
Speaker 4: For both of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Miles is in Europe, Kanye is in Europe, appears to be having a good time.
Speaker 2: Sarah is in Europe.
Speaker 5: How is everyone affording Europe right now?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think we're all just going to need secrets here.
Speaker 5: They're wide open.
Speaker 3: Please, I'm supposed to go next year, and like, I don't know, I hope my kid likes not going to college.
Speaker 1: I went to, uh, the Jersey Shore this weekend this summer, and so why would I need to go to Europe when I went to the Jersey Shore?
Speaker 5: I mean, get you get your tailco accent going.
Speaker 1: Like a Pittsburgh Is that the Pittsburgh accent?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I get them confused, They're pretty close.
Speaker 3: They're pretty Yeah, yeah, Pittsburgh. It's all kind of the same thing. Yeah, because that.
Speaker 5: Means Eagles or Ravens and you got it covered.
Speaker 2: So what have you guys been watching?
Speaker 5: Feebaball? What? I what?
Speaker 2: I Your takeaway has been.
Speaker 3: I think that Boa Cruise is the greatest player of all time, and I'm really looking forward to hustle to So yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at you like Aunt looked at him. My I mean, my biggest takeaway, and I mentioned this, you know before the show, is that, you know, outside of Team USA, and you know we can get into that. I'm sure Luca's basically Luca, regardless of the regardless of the court. Like if he's on the NBA, he's gonna give you, you know, thirty six is ten ish and five is or whatever the case may be. If he's in FOBA tournament, same deal. You know, he's pretty much going to He's pretty much a lock for those numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, the guy obviously like unsalvageable. I'm a Utah Jazz man, the guy who I'm obviously very high on and very excited about his lowry marketing. And you know, the big question going into the Utah Jazz this season this year is can he have a repeat performance? You know, he was an All Star last year, started the All Star Game put up you know what was it, twenty five seven and I think two or three four assists And he looks great and I've had my eyes kind of focused on him and I'm I'm excited for what he can do for my team next year.
Speaker 1: And then Austin on the US team, Austin Reeves looks really good.
Speaker 3: But I mean, if if this is the Austin Reeves the Lakers get, it's regular season, that's really that's annoying, scary and yeah.
Speaker 1: Exception, yeah yeah. He has at times looked like the best player on the team, on a team where like I thought he was just going to be like, you know, in the in the mix for like a solid contributor on the second team. But he's he's been putting up numbers everywhere and like just been doing basically at his like what what he was doing at best for the Lakers in the playoffs and tres ended last year, Like that's what he seems to be doing again, just picking up where he left off.
Speaker 4: I gotta be upfront about this. Look and I'm miss you. I'm placing aside the usual you know jokes that I'm going Austin Reeves is the basketball is a good is a solid basketball player. He's really going to put if you put him on a team that's you know, that's laces with talent, he's going to really shine, specifically because he does a lot of he does a lot of the little things. Well you know what I mean, he's you know, he's not he's not you know, dunkin from the free throw line, but he's you know, he's still in that. You know, he's still athletic. He's not shooting forty eight percent from three, but he's gonna you know, he's gonna knock down the open ones.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, I get it. Folks get tired of Lakers players and Lakers fans in general, but in particular Lakers players always being in the conversation. But this is one where it's actually warranted.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean one of the things that the Sarah and I talk about a lot is, you know, if you want a winning team, and I'm simplifying this, but you've got your you've got your guys, and you've got your dudes. You know, someone like for the Utah Jazz Lowry Markin is our dude.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then we've got you know, your role players. Who are your guys on this team? You, I say, Austin Reeves surprisingly looks like it. He looks like a dude. He looks like again we've talked about, uh, the the Robin to Aunt Edwards batman, and that's a that's super surprising. But yeah, if if this is who he is moving forward, in the contract he's going to get and moving forward like, this is a guy that a lot of people are going to want on their teams and seems like he can be that kind of missing piece and that ancillary playmaker the the Lakers need, especially as Lebron continues to age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an Ant seems like he continues to improve. Are you are you guys seeing like based on what he's doing in the tournament, are you are you expecting like kind of a step up for him or a kind of same same general area he was in before.
Speaker 3: I have a scorching hot take about Ant and I think every year that I've seen him. First of all, I thought that he should have been Rookie of the Year. I'm not that I'm like a smirching LaMelo ball or anything, because he's great, But I thought that Ant was just the better player and I still do. Uh and then him making the All Star team last year and him looking like he is, you know, he's the guy on this team and could be, you know, the guy moving forward in the Olympics. I think if he continues on this trajectory, we could in a couple of years be talking about Aunt Edwards is the face of the league. I think he's like he's right up there. I think, like, you know, almost figuratively, but also sorry for the stupid pun, but Jahn Morant kind of shot himself in the foot with all of the stuff that he did, and I kind of thought that he was going to be that guy. You know, I have I have a five year old who I coached, and like all the kids his age and kind of in that age group were just obsessed with Jahn Morant and it could very much be Ant because he is he's so exciting and he's so good, and like he's really kind of proven that he's like the dude in Minnesota now, yeah.
Speaker 5: And I think that can move forward.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know if Minnesota is the market, and who knows if he stays there, but like I I'm I'm what I'm saying is I'm buying all the stock on at rank.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There were like there are a couple times in every game where he does something and I'm like, oh, he has like multiple levels still to go up, Like he's already really like really really good and he has like he does things on defense and offense every once in a while where I'm just like man, he he could be like just incredible, like we've like nothing we've ever seen before.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm excited about that.
Speaker 1: The other big story I feel like was Ronde Hollis Jefferson just showing up and like everybody was saying he reminded them of Kobe, like from his game perspective, but he also like just like kind of looked like Kobe, like like built like him, like just all the different things he was doing. It was wearing number twenty four, It was it was interesting. He like was really doing a pretty good Kobe impression, like in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Did you guys catch that coming to a comic con near you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly cosplay FIBA edition.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Look, more than anything, I looked at it and say, like, wait, is he still in the league, because you know, look, I recognize the NBA is different than FOBA. You know, international tournaments or to play there is going to be different. If you're in a situation where you can put up you know, thirty plus in back to back games, I would at least and you're six six and you're still you know, young enough, I would at least expect you to get a look. So I'm actually intrigued to see if he gets a look in camp, like from a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is uh, you know, a Lakers fan looks at whoever the best player is in the whole tournament and says, they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Want to play for us.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's it's a matter of time until he's on the Lakers. A Sixers fan is like, oh, that guy's not in the league. Oh, maybe we could like get him in for like a tryout or something. Maybe we could like sign him to it so that this is the guy that got my uh got my eyes lighting up.
Speaker 4: Six foot six and can do damage from the mid post.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, yeah, man, I'll take it.
Speaker 3: And then there's us Jazz fans that we're just like him. That's a nice player. I hope he does well.
Speaker 4: He seems nice, so nice. She seems great.
Speaker 2: He seems like a nice guy.
Speaker 1: All right, speaking of your jazz fandom, we are going to take a quick break, and when we come back, we're going to do our preview of the Northwest Division. I love that we're doing these previews divisionally, and I know I've this is the only time in my life I think that I've thought of teams based on their divisions, like like, oh, the Northwest Division of course getting abolished divisions, Yeah for real, get rid of useful for podcasts. Yes, so we're gonna, uh take quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back and all right. So the Northwest Division is the Nuggets you might remember won the NBA championship last year, the Jazz, the Wolves, who might have the future face of the league on their team, the Thunder who might also have the future face of the on their team.
Speaker 5: Great FIBA performances.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was talking about chet you guys are who are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Just playing? Uh? And the Blazers of course.
Speaker 1: So we we have been looking at what what their record was last year and what they're over under is the year the Nuggets. It seems like the pattern has been that Vegas inexplicably is going is thinking every team is going to lose, is going to decrease the number of wins. The Nuggets they are had giving a game and a half over last year. So last year they went fifty three and twenty nine. This year they have them going fifty four and a half as the over under. That seems about right to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard for me to like count out any team with nikolae Jkic. I think he pretty firmly cemented himself this last year as the best player in basketball. And you know, I think until somebody can prove that they can stop him and Murray, then yeah, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna bet against them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm right there with you. Fifty four and a half seems about right. I wouldn't be honestly, if they stay healthy. I wouldn't even be shocked if it's in the high fifties.
Speaker 2: They did lose Bruce e b.
Speaker 4: Brucey ain't going nowhere?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, sorry, is he not?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is he not?
Speaker 1: Sir? To Indiana because everybody looked at him and had the same idea he was. Is that fantasy sleeper that everybody has and everybody's like, oh, I was gonna take him. But anyways, Brucey be gone. They re signed Reggie Jackson and signed Justin Holiday. I don't I might just to be a contrarian take the under on this, like, and by the under, I mean like expect them to be as good as they were last year and win the title again. But like that would still be the slight under I don't know why there's much better than they were last year.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I I guess like this is assuming they're at peak health for the whole season.
Speaker 4: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean this is always with the caveat of injuries, right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like you know, I posed a question, you know, will there be a champion championship hangover? And while it's certainly a possibility, for whatever reason, this scene SEMs like a team that's not going to have one. And you know that that could be conjecture, but I'm not sure it did. For whatever reason, it seems like they're just gonna kind of roll back into the season like they did before.
Speaker 2: All right up next to your Utah Jazz.
Speaker 1: Super Last year they went thirty seven and forty five. This year they have them going thirty five and a half wins.
Speaker 5: What say you, Greg, I think that's insanity.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe.
Speaker 3: I'm being a homer, but I think if you look up and down this roster and the moves they've made, as well as the progress that this team made, I mean, like, let's let's reward the tape back a year ago from now. I had the Jazz slated as winning somewhere between like eighteen and twenty two games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought they were going to be garbage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like fully buckled in, strapped in for just like a complete rebuilt and with Lowry's ascension, with Walker Kessler coming in and being an all rookie guy. Uh and then just like a cavalcade of role players and you know, the rise of another rookie and o Chaia Baji.
Speaker 5: Like they completely exceeded expectations.
Speaker 3: This is probably a team who, if they weren't actively tanking last year, at least makes the playing game. And you know, and then you add, you add, you know, I thought that they had a really solid draft with Keyante, George Taylor Hendrix and Bryce Sensiba and then making the move for John Collins, Like I think, especially.
Speaker 5: When you when you when.
Speaker 3: You analyze that, like you got John Collins for the corpse of Rudy Gay and a couple of second round picks, and like that alone makes your team better. And I know that there are question marks about John Collins and if he still got it, he still got the fit.
Speaker 5: But the fact of the matter is he's a better player.
Speaker 3: Than Rudy Gay and he's probably you know, I would, I would say, a better player than Kelly Olinik, who they were starting for the majority of their season. So if they if they end up having a worse record than last season, I will be I will be pretty shocked. I don't think that this is a team that's like a contender right now. You know, I would say that their ceiling is five hundred. I would say, are sorry, their floor is five hundred, and their ceiling is like an eight seed, seventh or eighth seed, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean a five hundred might be eight seed, right Yeah. I think I think I think that their ceiling is the play it.
Speaker 3: I really do, and I or I keep saying, I keep saying they're ceiling their floor is the play it and their ceiling is like so if everything goes perfectly, you know, Lowry has another repeat performance and everybody on.
Speaker 5: The team continues to.
Speaker 3: To you know, elevate and become better and develop, like, yeah, this is a sixth seed.
Speaker 2: Wow, I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Must be so nice to be a fan of a team that's not the seventy six ers and just like have like you know, hope and just positive.
Speaker 2: Energy for your two lives and just that, like, and I'm convinced too.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying like it must be nice to like be delusional, like you just convinced me.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm in. I'm on board.
Speaker 1: This is like a lock that it's over, because why would they be worse than last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like there's nothing that makes sense about that.
Speaker 3: And I would I would also say that, like, I also don't think the Jazz are gone. The Jazz have what is it, twelve first round draft picks between now and twenty twenty nine. This is a team that knows they still need to develop. This is a team that knows that still has holes in the roster. And if there is a big name at the trade deadline who is disgruntled, one of the first team that general manager calls is the Utah Jazz, knowing that they're like the ones who could actually facilitate a big tree raid yea, and you know if they if they land someone, let's just say, like Austin's like hypothetically, someone like Luca is you know, fed up with Dallas at the trade deadline and demands of trade like that's that's the deal the Jazz can do. The Jazz have enough assets and cap space to be able to do the Kevin Durant of Phoenix Suns deal three times over.
Speaker 4: Oh right, So we talked about this actually before the summer. It might have been during the season on your show. What about what about the idea of bringing your man, you'll bring you know, bring bringing Dame over to this Miami thing? Who knows what? You know, you know what's gonna come of it. He's just sitting there. You know, we're gonna get to Portland. They can't really do anything until they pulled the switch on that. Why not go after him?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: I say this with with the caveat that, like I'm full Dame. HIVE been a fan of him since you know, he was at Weber State.
Speaker 5: I got the uh, you know, all brag, and I.
Speaker 3: Was able to even play pickup ball with him a few times when he was back here in Utah.
Speaker 1: You know, like you you smoked him, you said he was actually, oh yeah, you were way better than him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh, fat white guy.
Speaker 3: Uh you know, he wasn't able to handle the three foot vertical Al Jefferson baby hook.
Speaker 5: That is what I go to. But I love Dame and I think absolutely.
Speaker 3: You add Dame to this team and he elevates the ceiling right now. But we're talking about a guy who's on the wrong side of thirty who's also owed sixty five million dollars when he's thirty six. Yeah, And like I still don't believe in my heart of hearts, you put Damian Lillard on this team, you know, and you facilitate that trade with all the you know, the assets. You're probably saying goodbye to either one, if not both, of Walker Kestler and o Chaiabaji for that trade. Uh, and then you still have holes. You put Dame on that team, it still doesn't beat Denver in a seven game series. That's like adding Damian Lillard to the Utah Jazz does not get them over the hump.
Speaker 5: It does not.
Speaker 3: It does not help them reach the mountaintop. And then you've blown your load for a guy who you have about a two year window to win. And I don't think that's possible. I think this is a team that is still in development and is still in a rebuild while rebuilding and developing quicker than we thought they were after the Gobert and Mitchell trades. It's it's not enough, and I think that it would be misguided, Whereas like if you put him on a team ostensibly like like or hypothetically like Miami with a BAM and with a Jimmy Butler, like that's a title contending team within the next two years.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I like Dame, I think he's great. Future Hall of Famer. Does not fit the Utah Jazz timeline.
Speaker 1: I had no idea that we were state was in Utah prior to like, you know, yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: Like forty five year and a half from my place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Dame mentioned in it a couple of years back. Was when I found out. Yeah, I was like, I was like, Utah Ties, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what why did he end up there? Is he from He just like.
Speaker 5: No, he's from England.
Speaker 3: He just like he wasn't highly regarded or highly recruited coming out of high school, and that was the the team that gave him a scholarship, gave him a chance.
Speaker 1: We're so underrated documentary. Yeah, I'm sure I'm here. He got the Modello commercial, doesn't that. I mean, you know that's a preview, that's the trailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, all right, The Wolves.
Speaker 1: They have forty three and a half wins over under last year they were at forty two lost to the Nuggets in the first round. The big thing that I think would determine like how good they are is Aunt gets way better, like or continues to get better. You know, Kat is obviously a question mark. Uh go, bet, real question mark. But I don't know it's it like that. You know, they were getting em fist fights like at the end of last season with each other, like what do we do?
Speaker 2: What do we do here?
Speaker 4: Can I quickly piggyback on Greg's hot take from earlier, because for one, I don't think it's necessarily as hot of a take and is currently on the trajectory of Dwyane Wade and Kobe and that type. I to be clear, for anybody out there that is, you know, like that doesn't understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying he's as good as those guys, but the trajectory that he's currently on is that type of pace. If he has another level, we're already going to be having that type of conversation in terms of his impact on this team. I not only am I going over on this, you know much like Greg was very positive that they were going over.
Speaker 5: Uh you know, you know.
Speaker 4: That the Jazz we're going to go over. You know their expectations. I think the Wolves are a solid playoff team this year. I think it's going to be on the back of and whoever else is still left there after the deadline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm with you. I think they are a solid playoff team. I think they're are four or five seed. I don't, however, think that the Cat Gobert pairing works. No, no, And I don't know how you get rid of the You can't get rid of Gobert.
Speaker 5: That's the most untradable contract in the league right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, props to Justin Zanak and Danny Ainge for the absolute fleece of the century. And like you know, I have, I have my my hang ups and my beasts with Rudy Gobert. But he did do some great things for my team. But rim running centers do not all of a sudden get better after they turn thirty, and that could be a stretch.
Speaker 1: Fun I think, because I was like, my hot take to you guys' hot take was that he is the future of the lead in the face of the NBA is Rudy Gobert.
Speaker 5: That's I think.
Speaker 3: I think we're gonna get a lot more bag at Beyonmbos and han Makers than.
Speaker 5: I just DP wise.
Speaker 1: I mean, anyone with the instincts to touch all those microphones. You know, it's just like he has social media instincts and clout. You know, he knows how to seize a moment, like both globally and and in the league.
Speaker 3: Anyway, thanks for Walker Kestler. There was a play though, in particularly that really kind of raised my eyebrows, like even outside of the kind of lackluster season he had for Minnesota last year, and that was in that France versus Canada game, he got banged on by Dylan Brooks. Was like a pretty routine drive and dunk, whereas like Rudy Gobert a couple of years years ago, sends that back into the eighteenth row and he's just seems like he's just a step slower and doesn't cover the same kind of ground or doesn't have that that's quite that same verticality as he did when he was a three time Defensive Player of the Year. And I don't think you know, that doesn't get better. What made Rudy Gobert such a dynamic and versatile player, was his ability to cover so much ground and absolutely just completely like you know, watching Gobert in his prime with the JAB, like watching Gandolf with the staff, just like putting it down and being like, you shall not pass. And I think those days are behind them. And then of course just the two big pairing. I was kind of really intrigued by it. I thought that they would compliment each other because you know, what Kat does well, Rudy doesn't, and then vice versa. But I just don't see that working. And I think if the I think, if Minnesota really wants to make a push a answerer guy moving forward, yes, and b you've got to somehow trade Cat and get some sort of big time haul for him, whether that's another star or a whole lot of depth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I hope that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Not Like I kind of see the Wolves as kind of in basketball purgatory, where you're somewhere between the four and six seeds, and yes, you make the playoffs every year, but you're a first second round exit at the very very.
Speaker 5: Best, yeah, the best.
Speaker 1: Like somebody described their problem last year being that like cat, you have to hide.
Speaker 2: Like on like you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't have him guarding your four because they're just going to slice you up, so pick and roll all day. But you also can't have go bear guarding your four because they're going to slice you up all day.
Speaker 2: They're going to draw him out, and then.
Speaker 5: I then you don't have a rim protector, right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so they're just out of luck on defense when they're playing cat and go bear next to one another, and like the stats really bar it out, like they were really bad with those two next to each other last year. So it's I don't know, it's it's tough, but I yeah, I think they need to get rid of one of those two. And Gobert seems untradable, so probably Kat probably, Yeah, somebody who fits a little bit better, and maybe, like I don't know, a new front office. Let's move on to the thunder.
Speaker 5: Julius Randall, you are a timberwolf.
Speaker 2: That is what they would do, though, isn't it what they would do.
Speaker 4: They go get Macal instead of Julius and actually give an a running mate.
Speaker 2: You know they would do, but they would do Julius. They would do Julius Randall. Oh my god, would they ever.
Speaker 4: The wrath of the ghost of David Kahn?
Speaker 1: Alright, sorry, James Harden. In like two years, they'll bring him in. The Thunder are a team I'm excited about because I have a ticket with them winning the title on it from Vegas. When I went to Vegas, I'm just saying I saw one game highlight reel of Chet and I was like, this man is the truth.
Speaker 2: He is the future.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know that that was an extreme long shot. Last year they went forty and forty two. This year forty three and a half wins. That that feels pretty optimistic to me.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They were really good last year. They didn't add that much, but I guess they added Chet, right, So they're really big on Chet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they think and a half Chet.
Speaker 3: It's also another year of chemistry and continuity that you're building with that core. Yeah, and I don't know. I again, like you know, Sandra hot take alarm. I don't think that, you know, OKAC is necessarily contender, but they might be the most intriguing team league.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They remind me kind of of like what the Grizzlies were a couple of years ago, where like like they're right on the cusp of being really really good, and you know, like, you know, I think Shy's bona fide star, if not superstar.
Speaker 5: I think Chet is going to be really good. I like Jaden Williams.
Speaker 3: Like and they just they seem like they're building just that prototypical modern NBA roster where you have a bunch of guys between six six and six ' ten who can do everything, handle the ball, can switch defensively, rebound, block shots. You know, I think it's going to take a few years for them to really gel, but they're absolutely my league pass team.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Credit to Presty because like I was one of those folks three years ago when everybody was, you know, giving him all the credit for stockpiling all those picks, I was like, yeah, well, what are you gonna do with him? Well, he's he has shown and he has absolutely put together a ruster.
Speaker 5: It's the Utah Jas blueprint right there, baby.
Speaker 1: Figure enough, let's go Yeah, all right, So maybe my pick is right on and they do win the title, and I become a very rich man and nobody ever hears from me again, because I just like become a weird person who lives in a Vegas casino, grow my nails long move.
Speaker 5: To Atlantic City.
Speaker 2: To Atlantic City, that would be the move.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, just lives in one of the abandoned taj Mahall suites. Yes, Atlantic City is a weird, post apocalyptic city.
Speaker 5: One of the strangest places I've ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very strange.
Speaker 1: The Blazers over Under is off the board currently due to the uncertainty with Dame. I could see them, you know, last year thirty three and forty nine. I could see Scoot and you know, Jeremy Grant and you know that, I could see them putting together more wins.
Speaker 2: Than people are expecting personally. But we'll say.
Speaker 4: Personally, I think they're going to I think it's going to be at least similar to the beginning of the season for Utah, where you know, to your point, they are winning a few games, but I think they have to look at the future in this one and and and kind of pull it back. I think they ultimately win like twenty five games. But Scoot is in the conversation for Repee of the Year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm right there with you. I think Scoot's going to be awesome. I'm super high on the guy. You know, I think Jeremy Grant's a nice player. I think Anthony Simons is a nice player. But I you know, A, I think they are going to fully embrace this rebuild. I don't expect Dame to stay in Portland. I think it's you know, it's a matter of time until some sort of deal gets done, uh, and then.
Speaker 5: It's, you know, it's full rebuild.
Speaker 3: And I think they have it in their mind that this is a multi year rebuild and it's going to take a few years for Scoot to really reach his potential and then no, who knows from there. But yeah, I think twenty five thirty wins sounds right.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, yeah, I feel like it'll probably be right that that's probably where they're gonna come on the board once once the trade happens.
Speaker 2: If the trade happens.
Speaker 3: It certainly wouldn't surprise me though, like Ji said, if Scoot ends up winning Rookie of.
Speaker 1: The Year, though, yeah, I would if Chet wins. But I also think there's a chance Victor wembing Emma is right away the generationally defensive like Stopper and people.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I got my I got tickets to go see him when he comes to Utah.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. I mean it's like.
Speaker 4: You have to you should.
Speaker 3: He was supposed to be at Summer League and canceled like this was the year, the first year in god knows how how many that Uh, the Salt Lake Summer League has not featured the San Antonio Spurs, and I bought like my.
Speaker 5: Three day pass.
Speaker 3: Everything was announced, uh, like getting all excited like after the draft and then.
Speaker 2: With Britney Spears. You know.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take another quick break and when we come back, Greg Greig, great, great, great time. It is time for the fastest segment and podcasting. We'll be right back. And we're back and it's time. Oh yes, it's time rapid fire to close it out. We're going to be asking you to answer some questions. We need to just give us first thought. Go strong and wrong, you know, whatever it is, and we are leaning on you to keep things moving.
Speaker 2: Let us don't let us have been known to both Dally and Dilly.
Speaker 4: He's more of a Dilli.
Speaker 1: But all right, first up, us a team no one is considering for title contention this year, but should be.
Speaker 5: In the conversation, go the Los Angeles Sakers.
Speaker 2: But hey, I was not considering them. Who's not considering that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good question, actually, Jack that that's that's where that's the problem, because I.
Speaker 3: Mean I don't think that they're like the top tier team. They're not a Bucks, Celtics or Nuggets Sixers. I mean I'm a Philly guy too, like I mean, I lived in Roxboro, but like.
Speaker 1: Man, yeah, remember last year, remember they were like up three to two.
Speaker 4: Somebody on this panel foolishly say it, no, we are good and it was the band of the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, I would never I'm not a not an idiot, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which teams will have the biggest increase in wins?
Speaker 5: Thunder?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh? Where Pascal Siakam, James Harden and Dan playing?
Speaker 3: You know the Pascal in my heart? And sorry? What was that was the last one? I apologized?
Speaker 2: James Harden?
Speaker 5: I mean he's gonna go to l A right, Yeah for the Clippers. Yeah Clippers. No, No, don't you listen.
Speaker 3: Man, it's bron Hive all the way. I know I'm a Jazz fan, but like I wouldn't wish.
Speaker 2: That evil me too.
Speaker 1: All right, you can take two players from all of history. To create your Mad Boostie's Edition NBA Jam team, they have to have played on the same team at some point.
Speaker 2: Which two players are you taking?
Speaker 1: Like they don't have to have played together, but like you could take Patrick Ewing and Walron.
Speaker 2: Shack oh Ron and Shack.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, Laker Shack Yeah, Laker Shack and like twenty sixteen fine Lebron.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's all right.
Speaker 4: Best NBA city in terms of food choices and what does you go to?
Speaker 5: I mean, god, that is that is tough.
Speaker 3: I mean if we're just going, if we're just going like straight food, it's New York City, man, Yeah, and like it's it's pizza. I The thing that I missed the absolute most about the East Coast is the Hilal cart chicken lamb right, vegetables, a little bit of herisa and some white sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then what's your go to dish in Salt Lake City? What's the one that, like when people come to town, you say I got you and take them them.
Speaker 5: I go to we go to Elmore Lens and we're getting out past or tacos.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you do any of the soda shops any of the dirty.
Speaker 5: So I'm not a soda guy. This is my in fact, I'll just I'll get it.
Speaker 3: I know I'm dillying and dallying, but I'm also gonna I'm also gonna brag.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 3: I am going to hit one hundred pounds lost this week from my heaviest and one of the first things I did when I started losing weight was cutting out soda. So like, I got my Parkling, I got my sparkling water. I know, don't I'm doing a visual bit on a podcast, but you know, just for I got the crooking signature line and it's carrying me.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, If you could have any player's skill set for a day, who's and what skill set would it be?
Speaker 5: It's Lebronx.
Speaker 4: Okay, I guess, I guess.
Speaker 5: Is it just like wait, is it a single skill?
Speaker 4: So it could be like Iverson's crossover Sandy shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's the yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 1: We asked this of everyone, and every almost everyone lands on Steph Curry shooting, and I always say that's the right answer. Nobody else is Yeah. That would be cool to just be like, ah, this this feels.
Speaker 5: Let me just from forty feet in a pickup game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because all right, I mean I do that either way.
Speaker 5: We got to the next question.
Speaker 1: I know we got a peak prime Stockton or prime Zeke prime Zke.
Speaker 4: I love it, I love it. I I'm sorry. I put that in there specifically because I knew he was going to say that and had his jazz fan followers would be upset.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean Stockton did great things during his career, like you know, personal life notwithstanding. But I mean Zeke in a single playoff run went through Jordan's burden magic. Yeah, as the best player on a team, Stockton ever came anywhere close to that.
Speaker 2: Ugh.
Speaker 4: You can go back and attend to any single playoff game in NBA history. Which game are you choosing?
Speaker 3: It would really really hard for me to turn down the Game seven of that twenty sixteen Finals.
Speaker 4: Yes, the block, the shot, a completing neck comeback terminator Brown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that'd be that would be really hard for me to say no too.
Speaker 1: All Right, And finally, the question we ask all our guests when Jabari is co hosting Jack or Jabari?
Speaker 5: Jabari was the one who sent the invite.
Speaker 4: I knew this was no favorites.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can say no favorites.
Speaker 5: This is this is no offense to anyone.
Speaker 3: But Jabari has been my guy for for god years now, so it's team Jabari over here. But I say that both also saying that it's it's love to everyone. Yeah, I am Switzerland right now. All I want healthcare and.
Speaker 1: But Switzerland, it's not like Switzerland actually fires a shot in the war and then says that they're pacifist, like you just did when you took me out behind. They shot me in the back of the head.
Speaker 2: He did, like like siblings, when.
Speaker 4: You'll smack your you'll smack your little siblings and act.
Speaker 2: Like And that's why I'm a pacifist.
Speaker 1: And all right, all right, Mary diplomacy, I don't know what all right, Well, Greg Foster is such a pleasure having you on Miles and Jack and sometimes Jabari got mad Boost's Where can people find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you? Hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can follow me online on Twitter as well as Blue Sky if you've got one of the invite codes that I am at Dad Sham Dad.
Speaker 5: My podcast is on.
Speaker 2: Salvage Dad Sham Dad on Twitter.
Speaker 5: I am dad sham Dad on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I've like read one of your tweets before on on TDZ.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Great, great name, great handle.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And then if you're in you know, like politics and pop culture, I have another podcast with a couple of my good friends called Brigham Young Money and that is b y M podcast on the twitters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm easy to get a hold of. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for doing it man, and thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Shout out to our listener of the week, Gritsy Roth, who gave us a five star review and titled their review.
Speaker 2: We love to see it, don't we? Folks?
Speaker 1: And especially the review the review the best and only NBA podcast that I listened to.
Speaker 2: Shout out to you. Actually, Ross, that's the that is the correct answer. We are the only NBA podcast you should listen to.
Speaker 1: I'm told there are others, but people are saying we're the best one. We're the only one with listening to folks, many are saying.
Speaker 2: Like a dog, like a dog, they follow us along, follow us around like a little dog.
Speaker 1: That's funny to talk about how your followers follow you around like a dog. One of them on the Major I could they wouldn't do anything, all right, make sure you give us a follow on Twitter. I'm at Jack Underscore, O'Brien, Jabari, where are you at?
Speaker 4: I'm at Jabari Davis NBA. And also make sure you follow our guy at Miles of Gray.
Speaker 1: Yeah see all his pretty pictures from Europe and hashtag Matt boost for show links and updates.
Speaker 2: That's gonna do it. We are back next week.
Speaker 1: Miles will be back, uh and we'll be back talking NBA basketball.
Speaker 2: Who we got next week? What's the division? Do we know yet?
Speaker 4: Or we're just winging it.
Speaker 2: We're winging it. We're winging it. How don't we? Folks? All Right, that's gonna do it. See you next week. Bye bye