Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys, Well, Andrew, I don't think you know this.
Speaker 3: Ruth Anne knows this. I'm very superstitious, so I don't even like talking about this. But the most bizarre thing happened this weekend. I had sleep paralysis.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that is so scary.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't completely sleep paralysis.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just going to walk you guys through this because this is one of the creepiest things that has ever happened to me. So it's the weekend, We're all sleeping. Bo was sleeping next to me. It's early in the morning, and I wake up to go pee, as you know every sexy.
Speaker 2: Fifty two year old does fifty times a night.
Speaker 3: So I wake up early, I go pee, and I get back in bed and I'm like, oh, well, this is typically me.
Speaker 2: It's like six am.
Speaker 3: I'm like, uh, well, you know, I'm up for the day and I'll just like, you know, get online and start get on with mona chat ebt and start you know, coming up with a gazillion TV ideas. But and then Bombard you hit them in on a weekend and you're like, would you just create oh boy. Anyway, But instead I got back in bed, and I'm like, let me see if I can. I'm not going to go on my phone because then I'll really be up. Let me see if I can go back to sleep. So I did go back to sleep, but all of the sudden, I got trapped in this dream that I couldn't get out of. So we you know how sometimes you have dreams and they're about you know, houses you grew up in, or a friend's house, and but you always, you know, I would a lot of times recognized the house.
Speaker 2: So we've moved a lot, and especially.
Speaker 3: When we had black mold in our home, we moved from airbnb and airbnb for a good two years, you know, not two years, year and a.
Speaker 2: Half, and.
Speaker 3: So I feel like we've stayed in a lot of places. We were kind of back in an airbnb. It was just me and the kids and a security guard oddly, which I haven't had one of those since I grew up in the manor and was a kid. But like it was a security guard was kind of staying there to watch overs. I don't know why. And it was a house on a lake. Now I know what you're going to say, you're dreaming about lakes because you've taken the kids fishing for two.
Speaker 5: Weekends in a row prior to this, perhaps, But anyway, it was like, this weird.
Speaker 2: This isn't It's irrelevant what the dream is about. It's the fact that.
Speaker 3: I went back to sleep and I was sleeping on right next to Bow, on the right side of him, and in my dream, when I fell back asleep, I went back. So I had previously been dreaming of this lake house or whatever, so I went back into it and we were in a bedroom and Bow, I looked over, was sound asleep like he was in real life, right next to me, and I'm like, okay, I'm gonna close my eyes. And I closed my eyes. But in the dream, I was like, oh, there's something in the lake that was coming to get us, and I needed to wake up and get Bow out of there. And I was like, okay, there's I don't know, there's a monster in the lake. And I don't know, but there was something in the lake. We were in the main room so big, like you know, big ass window like overlooking this little lake we were on, and it was not safe.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, time to get the f up and get out of here. Zinks, let's get out of here. But like, uh, So I.
Speaker 3: Went to get up in the dream and I couldn't move, and I'm like, uh, what's going on? In my dream? I'm looking over a bow and I see him with his blanket. He's asleep, and I'm like, eyes open and I'm trying to move but I can't move, like paralyzed, can't move, And in my dream, I start trying to call for help but it's not coming out like completely right, and it was like.
Speaker 6: Hell, oh hell, like that okay, And as I'm hearing it come out, I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Try harder?
Speaker 3: So I'm trying so hard and eventually it's coming out a little bit more, but I can't move. I can't clearly speak. And then I'm not kidding. I wake up and it's like in real life and bo is up and he's looking at me and he's like what what, What's wrong? And I'm like like that but it's real, And then it wasn't real. I was back in my dream and then I was up. Long story short, Eventually bo get leaves the room.
Speaker 2: Like I'm so trapped in this cycle. Am I in and my out? Is it real? Is it not real? Is it a dream? Is it sleep? Aaralysis? What's happening here?
Speaker 3: You? And leaves the room, smart kid and goes and gets Stella and Stella comes in. But by the time she comes in, I've broken out of it, dream sleep, something in between. I've broken out of it. And I'm like covered head to toe and sweat, like it was like I just took a shower. True, I am in menopause, but it was far beyond this. And I start to like sit up, and she like still comes in the room. She's like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: What are you okay?
Speaker 3: And I go, yeah, I was having a bad dream. It is the only thing I could think to say quickly because I just come out of this.
Speaker 2: And she goes, bo said.
Speaker 3: You were like moaning and you were like calling out for help. She's like, are you okay? And and then she goes, what did you take? I'm like, I didn't take anything. Now it's like eight in the morning, right, so it's like, I didn't take anything.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I'm like, I literally was having a bad dream and I was screaming in my dream.
Speaker 2: And she's like, oh, okay, how.
Speaker 3: Do you feel now? And I'm like I'm fine, I'm fine. She's like okay, whatever, and she goes back to being a teen and goes another room. But she's like whatever, she's fine. But I love that she was like what did you take?
Speaker 2: And like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So defensive, and I was like, absolutely fucking nothing. It's not like I was having a good time trooping out on something like woo. It was like not an enjoyable experience.
Speaker 2: It took nothing. So it gets creepier.
Speaker 3: So I come back and I'm just like I'm replaying it now in my head. And I'm a very visual person, like once a memory happens, I can like replay that memory over like it's a movie in my head. So I'm replaying the dream. And this always happens with my dreams. I could vividly remember them once in a while, I write them down, and I don't dream often, like I'm not a dreamer. Well I am, but some might call me a dreamer dreamy, yeah, but when I do dream, they're very vivid dreams and some of them have, you know, had a little bit of like EmPATH stuff in it, like I'll be able to call things out that happen and things like that. But so this one, I'm like, okay, now then I'm fully awake and I've calmed down for a bit. I'm just re playing it in my head. And it took me back to when I was a kid and people, if you know, you know, I sleep with the TV on. I sleep with the TV on because my dad slept with the TV on, and I know it's bad for you, and I'm alsoposed to raise kids watching TV. Uh, my kids sleep with the TV on because of it. It's like it's a lineage of TV of I don't know, sleep with the TV on ors. I don't know. And then you know, some people be like, well, of course you do. Your dad, you know, Hollywood producer genius, Like, of course TV's the everything.
Speaker 2: The mecca.
Speaker 3: But you know, I know, people researchers and doctors say you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: It's not good for you. Your brain can't shut down if the TV's on. My thing is I've tried all that.
Speaker 3: I've tried turning the TV off, and then I just can't sleep, Like if it's just nothing, I at least have to have I've gotten a little better about turning the vollolume down by at least have to have that Netflix screen on.
Speaker 2: It's something that makes me happy. Anyway, I digress.
Speaker 3: Oh, so, when I was young, I used to have this thing that I don't know why, but I would tell myself, if you're ever having a bad dream, just turn the TV on. So I would tell myself that enough, and I would always have these like recurring dreams. I think I've told you guys about like Frankenstein throwing me over the stairs and stuff, but there were others. But in my dream, I could always make myself find or create a TV, turn it on, and I'd wake up. Which, now that I look back, I think I was like a child genius or something like.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So if I was ever having any kind of bad dream, I literally in my dream would be like this is bad, like a village of zombies are running at you. Wake yourself up, turn the TV on, and I would literally create I remember this one time, literally a village of zombies were coming chasing me. Not like zombies, they're like skinwalker, because they were moving fast and they were like chasing me, and it was like in the desert, and I literally told myself that, and in front of me, I created this giant like drive in movie screen TV blankly from the desert like a mirage, and literally a giant TV remote, which I grew up calling it a clicker. My dad called it a clicker, so now all my kids call it a clicker. And I would run it was so big, grab at it, jump on it, and hit that power button.
Speaker 2: The TV would go on.
Speaker 3: I'd look back all the zombies skinwalkers were ascending on me, and I'd wake up out of the dream and I'd literally wake up in real life. Anyway, I had this trick of doing this, but I would say, in the past like ten years, this is not the first time something like this has happened. But I don't know because every time I think I'm calling for help, or I'm like I can't get the word help out, or I can't move. It was during my marriage and I would ask Dean, did you see what just happened? Like I was calling for help, and he was like, no, you weren't, So it only lived in the dream. I thought it wasn't sleep paralysis where I was like, I'm awake and I can't get you to hear me and I can't move. So this is the first time that someone said, yeah, you were actually saying it in real life, So sorry, I'll go back to the creepiest part is that BO said and he's playing on his phone. He's kind of moved on, and I was like, Bo, we just talked me through it, like what was happening? So like he's like you were you were calling for help and he's like, oh yeah, and you kept saying I'm stuck.
Speaker 2: I was like, what He's like looking in the son, Yeah, you kept saying I'm stuck. That was creepy.
Speaker 3: I'm stuck, Like I couldn't move, I'm stuck or is this a contary in my life or something? And I'm stuck in some way? The lake was opening up and telling me to unstick myself. Anyone want to tell me what this is about.
Speaker 2: I think it's about It's a twofold, isn't it. Well.
Speaker 1: I definitely think it has to do with control and feeling like you are not in control. That's at least how I've thought about it for myself. Like in similar not the zombies and the Nightcrawlers, all.
Speaker 2: Right, that you just can't physically.
Speaker 4: Exactly right up.
Speaker 1: There's something I have to do and I can't do it, and I think it has to do with control or anxiety about not being able to do the things you want to do or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: That's my for my doctor se kinda point of view, Adrian.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know what it's about, but I have the same things where like you do, I'm trying to get somewhere or like get out of the house to go somewhere, and like something keeps stopping me. I can't find my keys or you know, there's always like you can't find something, you can't do something right.
Speaker 3: But you have you ever had it physically manifest to your outward voice and situation and physical I.
Speaker 7: Don't think so all the somewhat. Recently, I was screaming in my dream or like trying to scream, but it was coming out, and I woke up, and like I could tell it was like I had like made some kind of noise because my dog sleeps in bed with me, and the dog was looking at me, like the fuck.
Speaker 4: I definitely I scream in my sleep.
Speaker 2: My poor husband, Yes, she does. The thing is.
Speaker 1: Though I can remember, you know, when I wake up that like, by the time I scream and it actually is audible to whoever else is there within the dream, it's been forever, try blurt out a sound. So by the time it finally comes out, like it has been torturous within the dream because I feel paralyzed and I can't scream, and it's whatever's happening is very scary.
Speaker 3: Right, So, Bingo, I'm not sure if what this was or what you had was sleep paralysis or it's literally like I don't know on a conscious level, not just like going with the flow and it's your dream, but something is so pacting you that you're trying to take it into.
Speaker 2: The real world like control. Yeah, I have.
Speaker 1: Had this happen where I am in the dream. Then I'm trying to get away and I can't because I'm paralyzed in the dream. But then I have an awareness that I'm in the dream and I will say in real life, Tom, pull me out to my husband. I'll be like, pull me out, and he will wake up and be like, wake up, wake up. So I don't know how to explain that where like I need I am aware.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's what I feel like I go through too, And this time. I was like telling Bo like, I'm stuck. I'm stuck, Like help me, Yeah, it's I one got Stella who asked what I was on. Yeah, I wasn't on anything there for the rest.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you guys remember this? Oh this movie?
Speaker 3: God, I can't believe I just thought of him. It's going to torture me for another fucking forty years. Do you remember the movie Dreamscape with Dennis Quaid? Oh my god, if Easton was on here, he'd be so excited that I was bringing this.
Speaker 2: Up right now.
Speaker 3: No, neither of you love Horse, you know, Oh my god, Dreamscape it was like in the eighties, Like I definitely saw it as a kid, and it and impacted a lot of my dreams and impacted my life like it Like I mean, if you think you're scared to go back to sleep after Freddy Krueger, like this, this was like, oh powerful.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 3: I love documentaries. I watch most of them. I have always steered away from watching the one I think it's called sleep?
Speaker 2: Is that the one? Is it just called sleep? And it's about sleep paralysis? And I'm like so terrified. I'm like I don't even want to know about that.
Speaker 3: Realm. It's just like something that's so frigging terrifying and just baffling and away.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing that scares me about it? And I used to have the like sleep paralysis happen often when I was I remember in my twenties for some reason, and the fear was if I didn't wake myself up, I wouldn't be able to breathe. So back then, the sleep paralysis was about not being able to breathe. And then I always wondered, am I really not breathing? Or am I dreaming that I'm not able to breathe because I always wake myself up in time to breathe?
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Now you just gave me a whole new fear to think about me.
Speaker 4: All right, now, you'll have that dream tonight.
Speaker 3: No, No, she won't, No I won't.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, anyway, that was so that was my experience this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it sucks because it really interferes with a good night's sleep if you think about it. I mean, I'm like exhausted the next day after a night like that.
Speaker 2: But you have a night like that every single night.
Speaker 4: And that's why I'm exhausted do you scream.
Speaker 2: And the moan in your sleep all night long?
Speaker 1: I know it's PTSD from that could be another episode. Yeah, my memory of you telling me dreams over the years, or your dreams are.
Speaker 4: So big and detailed and creative and.
Speaker 2: You don't dream like full on.
Speaker 4: Like movies that you've made up in your head.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, no, no, no, no, yeah, I don't dream much. Or they say you dream every night. But if you don't, if you think you don't dream much, that you just don't remember your dreams. But yeah, the ones I tell you about are when I have like super huge ones, and I know the one you're talking about. You're talking about the last one where I literally I was like, so when I do I don't know why. This is like PTSD I in how you wake up and you're naked and school. People always have that, like fear of missing the first day or fear of public speaking school and fear all of that related. Yeah, whenever I do dream in the last year, it's always the dream starts with me like I'm about to perform in some sort of connection with Dancing with the Stars. Oh and remember I was having those dreams when I was getting ready to do it.
Speaker 2: I was in rehearsal.
Speaker 3: I was having like all of a sudden, like I would show up and they'd be like, okay, you're on, and I'd be like.
Speaker 2: Wait, we didn't rehearse, and like yeah, all that. I still have them.
Speaker 3: Anytime I have a not prepared or like worrisome dream, it is always still like I've done a lot of things in my career and I have you know, they're starting the thirty four season of Dancing with the Stars. I haven't been on in a season, and I still have that like terrified dream of like, oh my god, I'm not ready and I'm about.
Speaker 2: To perform live.
Speaker 3: So anyway, the big dream you were talking about was, of course, I was somewhere and I was about to perform on Dancing with the Stars, and we were staying at a hotel. It was like at a resort, and I was in rehearsals all morning, and then my kids had come with me, so I was like, Okay, I got to get back across the other side of this entire resort and get up to them they're in the hotel room, and then I can spend some time with them.
Speaker 2: Before the show.
Speaker 3: So this dream felt like it went on for days at least hours. It was so exhausting. But the most extensive visual dream I have ever had in my life. I created in this dream like Disneyland on like a whole other level. I mean there were there were mystery floors I was going into where I was like, oh my god, this is the coolest. And but in my brain, I'd be like, walk into this mystery hidden tunnel and you take this elevator down and.
Speaker 2: Like the ratdest like speak easy.
Speaker 3: But I in my dream, because I'm visual and design and create, I was able to be.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, this is chic, and like, oh look at that. Oh look at the look at the wallpaper. Oh look at the boots over there. Oh look at the font on their soign. Remember that, Like I was like remembering it. It's like gotta remember that, like talking to myself like in my head in my dream like cheek cheek, chic. And then I was like, oh, panic, gotta get this is the wrong I've gone down to the wrong floor. This isn't where my kids are.
Speaker 2: Let's leave. But I did this on so many levels. Remember I created this.
Speaker 3: Whole like cult and the color was green. I could still see the uniforms they were wearing. It was super chic, yep. And then I was like, nope, my kids are in here. Get back in a different elevator. And then remember I was like on I was like, I'm on the Lido deck and it was like and my brother popped in my mom and then like my dad and like I never dreamed about my dad, and like oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: And then I created like a show up there that was like this could be a TV series and I was like, take note, but.
Speaker 2: The kids are in here, get back in the elevator.
Speaker 1: That's what I remember is like over the years, you've dreamt things that then you've said, I I dreamt a TV series.
Speaker 4: You've come up with a series or a movie.
Speaker 1: Or whatever in your dream, which I thought I dream in movies.
Speaker 4: Such a good skill as a producer to be able to dream up TV. Literally when they say you you.
Speaker 1: Ripped something up, you literally have remped up TV series and movie ideas.
Speaker 2: It's true. And a speakeasy and a cult cults are in. Though this cult.
Speaker 3: Was like super mind bending because it was like the chicest experience and so you were like, I don't think I'm in a cult where you're like, and if I am, I'm just gonna look the other way for time. I'm not in a cult because I love the experience.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, Torri, you can revolutionize the cult. Look because cults are typically right, I have the look.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing it right now. It's really good cult chic.
Speaker 4: Okay, I love it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm a plethora of ideas. Someone call me, no, I'm serious. Like, it's like outstanding if.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to write down you know when you first wake up, right down or talk into your or tell mona what your dream is so you don't forget.
Speaker 4: But it sounds like you don't forget it anyway.
Speaker 2: Wait, have you guys heard about this thing? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just see it on my on the graund where scientists are developing. It's some like thing like it looks like headphones that you can wear and it'll record your dreams so you can watch them back or hear them back or something.
Speaker 4: No way, No, really, is that a real thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel about that. Probably not.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: In my case, it would be good.
Speaker 3: I'd be rich if I could play back all my dreams.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: It'd be great if you could, like intentionally when you go to sleep, sort of say to yourself, tonight, I'm going to dream a I'm going to dream up a project idea that will make it on the air and you know, run for four years in the Who Done It?
Speaker 4: Space or whatever? Right?
Speaker 1: Like, if you could tell yourself what to dream, because then your brain would be able to do that manifest your dreams.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the same way I used to in my dream when it was too much, tell myself to wake up, and I would I need to tell myself to dream of Festation, the next huge TV idea hit that will be on the air and be successful. Correct, Okay, I'm on it. I'm my hair we k is cut short. I like that?
Speaker 2: Interesting that?
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys, anything at this point is worth a shot in life because one never knows.
Speaker 2: So dream of Festation Tory two.
Speaker 3: Point zero is going to happen tonight, and I'm going to see how it works. I'll report back, wait, or I won't report back and you'll just see it on Netflix next year.
Speaker 6: H