Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan listener Q and A.
Speaker 2: Here we are again Mary post Christmas. And you will only understand that phrase if you could listen to part one. Not really, I mean I just made it up. It's random because this post Christmas and this feels weird, but go listen to part one. It's super fun with Abby, right, we talked about fun things. It's like a therapy Christmas quession.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I'm say.
Speaker 2: But now we are here for a listener, Q and A. Starting out with some shout outs, got Abby joining me. So Kate from Indiana said love you girls. Then we also have a Katie who also said love.
Speaker 1: You too, and then we have I believe this is for you. This is from Matt. You have the most amazing smile I've ever seen. The joy on your face a second to none, or it.
Speaker 3: Can be you both of us, well just Matt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll say with both of us love that. We like it that way.
Speaker 2: But those are our shout outs for this week, all right. Sadie wants to know family Christmas traditions.
Speaker 3: Oh Christmas traditions. So my uncle's birthday is like a few days before Christmas. We always go out to eat for his birthday, just like at a restaurant Christmas Eve. We always we go to my mom's house now and it's her mom, my mom's side of the family, like all of hers. Christmas Day is when I see my dad.
Speaker 1: Lots of split family situations, split family. I probably loved it as a kid, Yeah, I mean, as I did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just yeah, it's it's fun. It's different though, Like I said, I guess in part one when I said that, because it was like my grandpa, we'd have a party, we'd go to my grandpa's house Christmas Day. But he is no longer here, so and my dad doesn't live in Wichita anymore. So he's an hour and al he's like an hour and a half away, Okay, kind of not my tipeek.
Speaker 1: Like Emporia kind of a little bit.
Speaker 3: You get off the highway and then you go east.
Speaker 1: So so we're.
Speaker 3: Still so it's funny you don't have to go that far, and so we're we're honestly trying to like figure that out what to do now. So we don't even have really a tradition in that it's either I go to his house or he comes and stops by for a little bit.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it could be a new one this year. Yah of the new uh huh, and then always meeting a fun like maybe your guys. His new tradition could be meeting in fun random cities in Kansas. I like that, like a random small town and eating a cafe. Oh my gosh, I love a small town cafe.
Speaker 3: Yes, that would be really fun. I did that once, visited him and we went to like this random and it was like super like I don't know, just all the decorations and stuff. It was like country, like a country cafe.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey, just throwing it out there. Help you out with that new tradition.
Speaker 3: It's yours.
Speaker 1: Oh is this for you too?
Speaker 3: Or just me?
Speaker 1: I can answer it because you just go for it. I'm just gonna go into it. Really.
Speaker 2: My parents are are still together, so we always do Typically Christmas Eve, we go to one of the church services and then we will play game.
Speaker 1: So it's typically our game night. After that, Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Is and then Christmas Day everybody's all cooking us a little different this year because I'm the last remaining.
Speaker 1: Not married one. My poor parents are like, sorry, Morgan, you got out with us.
Speaker 2: Everybody's normally like used to be. Obviously, we were all there in the morning, bright and early. We do stockings in the whole shebang would last all day, even like my older sisters got married. But now that my other sister's also married, it's just me remaining. So I get a sleep in Christmas morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, so your sister she's just gonna beat her house.
Speaker 1: Well, so we're making that they'll all into being over.
Speaker 2: But they all come start to kind of trickle in noonish throughout like the little morning afternoon kind of part. But so the morning used to be, we'd be a at like seven am, bright and early. Now I getta like leisurely wake up, like what's going on, Maybe makes myself some random breakfast, probably send them enrolled and some of my dad always makes and hang out for a little bit and we might take all the the tribe of dogs that my parents have. Three I've Remy and then last year I took Hazel as well. We went on like a morning walk, all of us. So we did that and then we eat like a Christmas lunch and late lunch, and then Mom always makes her homemade red velvet cake. We always have that after lunch. Well, open presence kind of sporadically through the day. I think we're starting to get away from that though, as we all get older. We still have my niece and nephew and they may open some. But it's gotten to the point where all we're like, what do you want?
Speaker 1: Tell us what you want?
Speaker 2: And now we're like, why are we doing this? I know, so we're in that position of life right now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and then we hang out and then at some point everybody leaves and then it's me, mom and dad.
Speaker 3: It's so weird, how like it's changed. Like we used to want to get up at like six am. Oh god, It's like it's like ten o'clock. I'm rolling out of bed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Like I would be writing letters to Santa. We left cookies out. We'd feed the reindeer in the front yard, you know, those poor radier getting bed at our house anymore. Thankfully, other houses are probably picking up the slack.
Speaker 1: You should still do it, feed the reindeer.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure my dad would kill me because I you know, he always had to go help the reindeer.
Speaker 1: Pick that up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, he's like, I, you know, the raindeers didn't eat it all Morgan, so I'm gonna have to pick this up.
Speaker 1: He's like, you can't do that anymore.
Speaker 3: No more, there's.
Speaker 1: Those okay are you guys?
Speaker 2: Swifties favorite Taylor Swift song Lauren from Oregon.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm actually not a Swiftie, Like, I'm just not like I wouldn't what pay to go or concert? How bad is that? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why do you like any of your songs? I do? I do.
Speaker 3: I like more of her like the beginning the first two albums. Oh you like Country Tailor? Yes, the Country Tailor? Oh but my first one? Hold on, I like white Horse Abby. I'm not your priancess from the first album, right, fine, because I like the I'm gonna find somes on someday who might actually treat me well like that is a jam.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're not not you don't know, anti, Yeah, you just aren't necessarily a swifty Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would not pay like a thousand dollars to see her, like a lot of swifty.
Speaker 1: Swell, I did not pay. I did go though, as soon as I got the advisor. Yes, I'm going and I'm going to dress in an era.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it would be so fun. What'd you dress?
Speaker 1: As reputation?
Speaker 2: Okay, naturally, I'm pretty sure I'm in a reputation in my entire life.
Speaker 1: It's what it is, okay, but so not swifty, not anti right.
Speaker 3: But I do wish I would have could have gone to the tour because it looked amazing.
Speaker 1: She's see, yeah, you're you're good. I would say, uh, I don't know that. I'm full blown swifty.
Speaker 2: I do love Taylor Swift and I will tender concerts. I have met her before and she was very kind. I have a photo with her signature right before she blew up, which is crazy. She told my sister and I she liked her son dresses that we were wearing.
Speaker 3: Well, that's so cute.
Speaker 1: So I yeah, I do. I I like her music. I would say right now, my favorite songs are in bad time. To ask me songs after this year, but it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I can do it with a broken heart is a great one. I that has been on my my thing. There's also more from this Tortured Poets album that I've been listening to that I love. Hold on let me find it. Oh, I'm gonna get you back. That's a good one, which is not as what it's funny. It's like I'm gonna get you back, whether it's like slashing your tired or like getting you back to.
Speaker 1: Be my boyfriend. It's a funny.
Speaker 3: Like, Oh, that is funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, contradiction either way. And that so I really like that one. And then where is the other one that I liked?
Speaker 1: Oh ll L O n L, which is the love of my life. Oh but again, if you listen.
Speaker 2: To them all clear clear show of what just happened in my twenty twenty four Oh I like blank space too.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got a blank that's further past the verset two albums.
Speaker 3: I just generally like the folklore fulklore.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I never got into folklore either, So I don't think that's I think you either loved it or you weren't a fan on that one.
Speaker 1: Different different for sure.
Speaker 2: Relationship update, moving in together, engagement. Now, I will say I put this in here so we could talk. Say, go listen to part one, because we talked all about this extensively. But would you at least like to address the engagement questions?
Speaker 3: No, engagement. Nope, I haven't looked at rings or anything. No private, I mean, we don't live together yet. Yeah, so we're gonna that'll be the next together. Yeah, for a while to see, all right, But I would love to wear a ring.
Speaker 1: I would love to wear a diamond.
Speaker 2: Although listen, my sister she put her like wedding ring on me to hold it for her when they were in town.
Speaker 1: And I as I get this thing off my finger, I like panicked. I was like, I don't like this.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if it's because it wasn't mine or I don't know, but I literally like almost had I don't that sounds weird. It was like interesting, my body had a compulsive reaction to having a ring on my.
Speaker 1: Vener So that was weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is that? What does that tell us?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Probably not anything good. But here we are, so yeah, I listen to part one.
Speaker 2: We really did talk extensively about it and had a little bit of a therapy session about it. What does cheesehead think of fry butts olisa, Illinois?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, he doesn't care. He doesn't care. So it did finally happen.
Speaker 3: He definitely figured it out yeah, because I was like, did you realize that I do this? And he's like yeah, why, Like he didn't care though.
Speaker 1: He just well he recognized and never said anything.
Speaker 3: Actually, here's the thing. So I was eating fries and he eats like the rest of all my food all the time, and he was eating them when he started he ate a fry butt and I was like, did you not know.
Speaker 1: You get the ick or you like?
Speaker 3: And I was like, did you see what that was? I was the end of a fry that I bit off and he's like, oh it was. And I was like I do that to fries. Did you know that? And he's just like nah, Like he did not care. He didn't care. And I was like, well that was okay. It didn't gross him out, didn't gross you out?
Speaker 2: Did you get the iick a little bit? I still love him and you can still get the ick. I think there's plenty of married people who feel that way.
Speaker 3: Maybe a slight diic, but like, I thought it was cool that he didn't care, Like he didn't judge that I'd do that.
Speaker 1: He didn't judge.
Speaker 3: It's weird. It's so weird we.
Speaker 1: Love a non judger. And also man that will eat ribs again.
Speaker 2: I want to take a break carry from Ohio. What was your most wanted thing on your Christmas list this year?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: And post Christmas remembers. So hopefully you either got it or it's how it happened.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: No, they were always asking me, like what's on my lips? Like my parents and my boyfriend and I. I only had like this Ku jacket that I wanted. You got me a Ku jacket a long time ago, Perstmas thing. I loved it. It's kind of like that, but it's it's like a letter.
Speaker 1: What what is letterman jacket?
Speaker 3: Like a kind of but the other one like starter jacket, kind of m starter jacket. It's like I can't even describe what it is. It's more like football.
Speaker 1: I yeah, starter jacket is a thing.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So it's like a pullover retro pullover.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It has a zipper all the way up, so it's kind of windbreaker vibe. Uh.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it's more like the one you gave me kind of it's like vintage looking.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: So that was on my list of what team Ku? Yeah, Kansas because I've been won on one for a long time, and they're like a lot, they're expensive, they're like more than they should be, and I just like could not get myself to buy it for myself. So that was on my list.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Yeah, I couldn't tell if you were going into something else there.
Speaker 3: I don't know I tell if I got it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know. Do you think you got it?
Speaker 3: Probably probably? That's like the only like major thing on there. Oh yeah, I'm just like all I really want is gift cards, which I know that's so boring, but I feel like I have everything I need and want. Yeah, I just need like Chipotle and Starbucks gift cards because I spend way too much money on that.
Speaker 1: Those are okay, those are good ones.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm like an experience person where I'll be like.
Speaker 1: Can can we can we do this?
Speaker 2: Like that's a one year My mom got it so I could go hang out with some sloths at Tanganika.
Speaker 3: That is such a good gift. Yeah, Oh my gosh, I always forget about giving like experiences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, experiences are so good or like like the easy one is always like pedicures and manicures because that's an experience.
Speaker 1: Will also be in the gift card.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Those good or like I love playing games and stuff, so games are always fun. But I don't think I had anything major this year. I think I had a pair of heels because I wanted them for my trip. They're like little bread cute heels, so I look very European.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's good. Yeah, I really want like a diamond necklace or something.
Speaker 1: Every want to say diamond. I was like, man, we just talked about I.
Speaker 3: Know, but I'm not gonna ask for that. I don't want to ask. I would rather be given to me without asking. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, how if you have you at least like dropped hints not something you would like. No, I don't want people to spend money on the shirt. You're not getting that one or you didn't get that one this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to at least drop a hint or say something at some level, because otherwise that man does not know.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's like flowers and jewelry, or like a diamond. You don't want to ask. It's one of those things you just want to be surprised with it.
Speaker 1: I hear you, and I totally get it.
Speaker 3: This is a test.
Speaker 2: But if there's one thing I have learned about men, you at least have to drop some pretty uh intins hits, if not be completely directed.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true, have like a k catalog on my table and be like, oh this came in the mail.
Speaker 1: Now I could be totally wrong and he could to have you so well read. And hey, if he is major, props cheese head major major made major. Also is he get fitted?
Speaker 3: And she said, nah, no, we do fantasy football and he's cheese headed there, Okay, he's always been head.
Speaker 1: Did he know that that's his nickname on the Best Bits?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just like, oh cool, Okay, she said it was the most natural fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, you yeah he could. He could, but chances aren't.
Speaker 3: I'll let you know next time.
Speaker 1: Come back from that one. Favorite Recipes. This is from Kate Favorite Recipes. Do you like to cook?
Speaker 3: Not really? I didn't think so I gotta get better with him, like to.
Speaker 1: Make some salad? He cooks a lot, does he?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, I feel bad, I need to give you a break and let me cook.
Speaker 2: Well, my dad cooked all the time growing up. My mom was like, really more of the specialty recipes. Like she always made the potato soup or the cakes or our breads, like she always had the fun thing that my dad was more of the like every day kind of Okay, are you cooking or sometimes you like find your entry.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: That's more me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't it.
Speaker 2: Fin for yourself is what you call it. Always like fin for yourself night having more often than not.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Mine's like a three ingredient. That's that's my favorite recipe.
Speaker 2: Well, you can also cook like how you had to cook for me was like mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, grilled cheese, cheesecasias.
Speaker 1: That was like my four main food group.
Speaker 3: I make a lot of mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: See a lot.
Speaker 3: Now go out of the box.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is how you This is how you start cooking, though, Abby. You take something that you already like cooking, right, like a mac and cheese, a very easy one, and you start to elevate that dish and you perfect the one that you really like and already know you like, like, maybe try like another version of the noodle. Maybe try getting like frozen pasta from twitder Joe's and making your own sauce.
Speaker 1: That's good. Then you evolve to like different news and then making your own mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: Right, So that's how you start to get into cooking more is fud things that you already like making and find a way to elevate it in like a homemade way.
Speaker 1: I like it, and then you can evolve past that. But that's how you start.
Speaker 3: Oh, I made him a beef and veggie stew and he loved it. Okay, it's I'll tell you what it is, becau it's good. I know you don't like beef, but you could, I don't know, maybe try something else, but like.
Speaker 1: Beef stew stew or stew beef.
Speaker 3: Without the meat and try that. So stop, Okay, everything I tell you. Just take out the beef.
Speaker 1: Share your recipe. It's your favorite recipe.
Speaker 3: Stew, beef, beef broth, cabbage, mixed frozen veggies like peas, corn, green beans, potatoes, a zucchini and squash, yellow squash and onion, and you just put all that in a big old pot like a crockpot or on the pot on the stove. You could probably do it in a crock pot, but I've never done that. You just have to cook the beef for a while longer, and then you add all the other things in let it all cook up, and it's delicious, so good.
Speaker 1: So I could have a veggie stew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could do you have you know you don't do beef.
Speaker 1: Broth, then no, I do veggie broth.
Speaker 3: Okay, so, oh my gosh, should probably be really good. Still, I do love a.
Speaker 1: Veggie passa or veggie veggie soup. Words hard, okay, but that sounds really good.
Speaker 3: It's so good.
Speaker 1: Okay. How long do you cook it for on the stove in case someone wants to make it?
Speaker 3: Okay, so just make sure like the beef is browned and cooking. Okay, I'm so good at this, And then I sound like such a professional. And then you pour in like half of the beef broth and like a cup of water, and you let that just like kind of boil in there. And then I put some onions in it, okay, And then you add the potatoes and like the frozen veggies and the squash, and you let that cook probably like thirty minutes. I kind of just keep mixing it in there. And then you add the cabbage last, because that cooks super fast.
Speaker 1: And then you add the beef. The beef was first, okay, yeah, I thought you were cooking that separately.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, Oh yeah, no, that's just already in there, okay, and with the beef broth, and then you start adding everything else and then add more beef broth. There's just one packet or I want to put it out box of broth.
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 3: Probably wasn't that great to explain it.
Speaker 1: No, you dig better. I I oh that was on me.
Speaker 3: Did great because I don't really have like the timing. I just kind of do it as I'm like, okay, I think that I try a piece of the beaf. I'm like, okay, it's ready. Now start adding everything else and let it cook.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a really good, well speaking, it is soup season, stew season, soup season season. I have a baked potato soup recipe that's my mom's that she has always made this so good homemade potato soup.
Speaker 3: Please tell us because I broke into it at your house, but like you can have some like yeah, plate, yes, please, it was so good. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: I even told you to add toalt and pepper because I didn't feel like it added enough. And you're like no, it was so good that I may have a problem with seasons. Oh good, I'm glad you liked it. I had posted that recipe last year. I did like a Food World holiday series, and I wanted to this year, but like guys, my life is crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But I do still have all of those up Like I have a buttons recipe, I have a the Potato soup recipe. I have my sweet Potato casserole that is to die for up there, a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of those things. I should probably do some more Food World videos. I don't have the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, telling me not gonna have it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Most memorable thing that's happened since last Christmas. I feel like this is kind of a version of favorite Thing of twenty twenty four, but maybe it's not. I mean, like, the thing that comes to mind for me is CMA's as far as like most memorable.
Speaker 3: M oh for sure, Oh my gosh, that was awesome, But you're gonna be totally different. I would say that and a mix of like meeting my boyfriend and he got to go to it so that I was cool for him to be able to be there, and he was like down on the floor and took our picture up on the stage and it was like that was so awesome. I was like, oh, okay, and my parents were here and they were up in the stands watching us. I was like, take a video of us accepting the award. So that was I think that, Like everybody.
Speaker 1: Did you guys go out after that? Yeah? Where'd you do?
Speaker 3: A couple? So we went to the first after party at Music City Center.
Speaker 1: Okay, but it was the bar.
Speaker 3: Lines were like, I think I saw you in line at the bar.
Speaker 1: I did see you there, yeah, because I was.
Speaker 3: In line at the other one and we were there for like thirty minutes and didn't even move, and so we were like, we're just gonna go somewhere else. We went to a We went to a Legend's Corner. There was like a Chevy after party that was really cool, nice and yeah until like two am. Seriously, yeah, I'd be oh, I we haven't talked about I stayed up.
Speaker 2: I pulled an all night er. So you did, Oh my gosh, I got like two hours of sleep. You pulled an all nighter?
Speaker 1: What you do? Much better? Okay?
Speaker 2: So we went to Music City Center and ended up staying there until like twelve thirty one.
Speaker 1: We had we were literally about to leave, and I was like, let's just give it when we're shot. I don't know why, I feel like we should. We stayed a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Ended up meaning some guys went from there to Red Door. Red Door Okay, yeah, and red Door typically closed it to am like every other bar.
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, no, on cmay not. You know why, because everybody was there. They were everyone went like artists. Yeah, I saw some. It was like the after party okay to all the after parties.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Like it was the follow up, and so this place was staying open. It hit through at three am and I was like, I have to go, but and then I was like, but also, it's like a fun night whatever, And so I had some people at my house.
Speaker 1: We played Mario Kart all night at.
Speaker 2: Ate food, and I literally it came rolling to four am, and I was like, I have to go to work, so uh, y'all gotta go and I gotta get I gotta get ready for work.
Speaker 1: I was literally.
Speaker 2: Pulling out my hair from that night, like the bobby pins, literally like right as I went before work and I just brushed it out.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is in my hair for today?
Speaker 3: How did we not talk about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You okay, both of us didn't let it show. I'm more impressed at that.
Speaker 1: I know. Neither was like call each other out and be like you good? Oh what in the okay? Look at that?
Speaker 3: You were not well? I was not well.
Speaker 1: Are you hung over too?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah, I was still drinking like three like I feel like I may have still been when I came in there.
Speaker 1: Possible.
Speaker 2: It was a fun night. Yeah, the at the Chevy party. So who was there that you knew that you went to that one?
Speaker 3: So my Kathy that you know, like her friend like puts it on and they just have like a bunch of artists. We got there late. But who did we see? Oh my gosh, him Montana. Yea's so good if you have If you don't know him, he is, he amazing it.
Speaker 1: Correct me if I'm wrong. But he's in kind of the same vein as like a Randall King. Do you know who that is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's more like rock like he does like like shreds on the electric guitar or like hardy rock kind.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, oh, but yeah, that's not the same person saying.
Speaker 3: Oh he's so good. Connor Smith was there, just a whole bunch of I had a lot of drinks and my feet were starting to.
Speaker 1: Hurt, like I listened to a lot of live country music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like my feet were hurting so bad, and I like carried the stool over like in the middle of the floor, and the bouncer got like so mad at me. He's like, no, you cannot bring that stool, and I was like, but my feet hurts so bad.
Speaker 1: I'm miserable.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you can't take your shoes off in a bar on Broadway because that that is dirty, dog, that's that's a different level of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gross, And people were like take your shoes and shoes off.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that is so gross.
Speaker 1: No, that is where you get staff infection. Yeah, for sure on Broadway.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: We just stayed there because well, we went to another one like a label party, but it was so crap, like the bar lines were just like so long this year for some reason, and so I just we went there and we're like, let's just stake. So it was freezing outside.
Speaker 2: I find like everybody and their mom were at these cmas, So I feel like that's why it was just busy, Like everybody.
Speaker 1: Went this year.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was full on celebration and everybody was celebrated. I was celebrating. I was like I was ready to go, but yeah, by three am, I was exhausting.
Speaker 1: I'd already almost been up twenty four hours at that point. Yeah, likelius delirious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that next day was brutal. I was like, I've never bullying and all that again. Like I loved it.
Speaker 1: I had so much fun, but also never again.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know how you didn't see it in me.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you didn't see it in me.
Speaker 2: I mean I had just shoveled hair, sprayed hair like and I'm pretty sure that was also makeup from the night before that.
Speaker 1: I literally just touched up really Oh yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Had to take mine off because I got mine done and it was caked on like five layers.
Speaker 1: You don't want to come home? Then I would have done. If I would have seen you with that makeup on the next morning, and then I would have done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be like, yeah, you did not do anything. You just came straight from the awards to work.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, uh, next time we need, you need to tell me and then we'll just all hang out together.
Speaker 1: I know we were literally both out, we were.
Speaker 2: I just stayed at the other one. Okay, last one. Favorite Christmas movie. That's what we're ending on.
Speaker 3: Oh, home Alone, Canada, Home Alone, no doubt.
Speaker 1: First one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, original, Yeah, Yeah, I love it. I can't get enough of it.
Speaker 2: Give me a top three because you know we all are probably watching them this weekend before we have to put them away.
Speaker 3: You know me In movies.
Speaker 1: One, I'll share my wellkee fee better. Yeah, I have How the Grinch Stole Christmas? That's my number one.
Speaker 2: The Santa Claus with Tim Allen number two, and then number three is a tie between Elf and four Christmases. Oh but the Holiday Dang, I have more.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's it. Top ten Now I'm done. Well, those are good.
Speaker 1: Those are my top ones.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see.
Speaker 1: Are you going through a list right now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like the cartoon or the animated one of the Grinch.
Speaker 1: Really yeah better than oh better? The doctors, well, they're bout doctors. But the one with Jim Carrey is so good.
Speaker 3: But I like the music and the other one, like the hip hop version of You're a Mean One, You really are a heat.
Speaker 2: That. I will say that album is better. But movie wise, no, no, no, nothing taps mister Jim Carrey.
Speaker 3: Polar Express for sure.
Speaker 1: That one creeped me out when I was a kid. It did. I think if they look so funny, they kind of look like caricatures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird. I was like, yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It was a different version of a cartoon. What were you gonna say with the other one?
Speaker 3: National Lampoon's Holiday or Big Christmas Vacations Vacation. That one is so funny. It's just so goofy. Yeah, Like I love that kind of humor. It's just like so dumb that it's funny.
Speaker 1: Do you like the dump?
Speaker 2: You have an interesting juxposition between movies because you love dumb comedies and you.
Speaker 1: Love horror movies. It's interesting, it is true.
Speaker 2: But that's also like me, I love an action film but also like romance, love it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I just don't like the rom com one so much. They just seem like cheesy, even though I like do the full on like Lifetime in Hallmark.
Speaker 1: Those are the version of those.
Speaker 3: But I feel like it's not Christmas if you don't watch those.
Speaker 1: Have you seen a holiday or for Christmases?
Speaker 3: It's been a minute.
Speaker 2: Those are like really solid rom com style Christmas movies.
Speaker 3: How about Love?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 3: Is that a Christmas movie?
Speaker 2: Actually it's a good one, I do. I do think it falls in Christmas time. I don't know that I've ever actually considered it for a Christmas movie, though it's on the list.
Speaker 1: Is it? Let me look at who's in it? That'll hopefully remind me of that one. Oh yeah, that's a Christmas movie for sure. Sorry, I was thinking of another one. There's a lot of rom coms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one, although still not doesn't crack my top, But yeah, it's a good one.
Speaker 1: Hugh Grant's hilarious.
Speaker 3: He is so funny. I know there's one with Jack Black called Dear Santa. Oh yeah, I was gonna watch it. Oh he's so funny. That has to be I know I.
Speaker 2: Had started it and then I stopped, so I don't know if it ended up being good, and maybe at this point I have watched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was on my list. Too.
Speaker 2: Okay, it has to be funny. We're gonna get out of here. Okay, I've kept you long enough. Post Christmas, that's okay, but thank you for coming on, of course, t giving me about all the things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a good year. Let's have a good twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're about to go into it. New Year's Eve is coming. Everybody, stay safe. We love y'all. Are you going to be I'll hold you be in Barcelona? O. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Do you want to talk about it? You're gonna talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've talked about it. I talked about Eddie and Screw a little bit on a few best bits. I'm trying to refrain. I do want to talk all about it because I'm so excited never been.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm now withholding until I come back.
Speaker 1: That way, I have some stories from it because I am sure I will. Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: It's awesome. Oh my gosh, yay, yay.
Speaker 2: Okay, Happy almost New Year, Mary, post Christmas and Abby, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 3: Yes see you.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms, show and follow at web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.