Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two.
Speaker 2: On this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show. Your job gave you a second screen for a reason. Focus on goals. This afternoon it's Arsenal against Man United in North London. That'll be at three point fifteen Easter and only on Peacock, which is where you can watch this program all three hours. Download the AMP if you haven't done so eight seven seven to three. DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com Twitter handle a DP show spent a lot of time talking about the college football playoff rankings. Pat Forty from Sports Illustrated covers the sport. He was in Columbus for Ohio State and Michigan, and I saw a tweet by him that he got pepper sprayed, so he was obviously close to the action. Jason Garrett, former Cowboys head coach, now a contributor analyst on Football Night in America, will stop by as well. A lot of NBA the NBA Cup rolling along. The one Soto decision is supposed to be happening soon. This feels like this is Scott and Boris saying to the media. Put it out there. Last call for bids on Juan Soto. Remember when the Sho Heo Tani sweepstakes got to six hundred million and we were like, what, how is this possible? Is he worth it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: It has proven to be worth six hundred million dollars? But he has a global following one Soto six hundred million dollars. He's a He's a really really good hitter.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: There's there's no global reach with one Soto. But Toronto's in it, Red Sox are in it, Yankees in it, Met's in it, Dodgers are in it. Maybe you'll have an outlier there, but six hundred million. It's like when you were growing up and somebody said somebody was a millionaire and you're like, oh my god, if only, and then all of a sudden it was a billionaire. Now we don't even blink. Somebody's a billionaire. You're like, oh, okay, hey jay Z's a billionaire, Hey Lebron's a big Michael's a billionaire. We don't care. Elon Musk has how many Warren Buffer like, it doesn't matter. Even when you look at salaries, No, Steph Curry's making sixty million dollars, Okay, Luka Doncik will make a hundred million dollars in a year in his career. At some point he will make a hundred million dollars. So when it gets to be six hundred million, you're like, okay, yeah, I can see it. Well, you know who is going to pick up the tab? You we got all that owner's gonna spend money. Well, you know what the owner is gonna do. I'm gonna spend the money. I'm gonna raise ticket prices, parking concession. So you're helping foot the bill if Steve Cohen wants to bring in one Sodo, you know, because hey, we all say the following, man, I love my owner spends money. Well, you're spending money too, because it's going to cost you. We're in this together. But six hundred million. It used to be like you'd go no way. Remember Mike Trout signing his deal. Harper, you're going Colley three hundred and fifty million dollars, Aaron Judge, I could. It wasn't that long ago. Now it's six hundred million for one Soto. I'm like, okay, and I know I got some baseball analysts they pushed back on me. Saying I'd never sign him too. I mean, you're banking on somebody staying healthy for twelve years. He's twenty six. Okay, if you said to the Angels, would you have done it again? If you had the opportunity to sign Mike Trout given what happened, I could I get three really good players for six hundred million dollars That might make my team better. I mean that would be my approach. But if you got the money, you want to spend the money, and you bring in one Soto, then you're the Mets great. You keep him from the Yankees and the Dodgers great. I just wouldn't go out of my way to watch one Sodo. I mean, if he's on TV, I'd go, oh, okay, he gets on base He certainly loved right field at Yankee Stadium, that that short porch there. But otanis must see TV Harper, you turn tune in to see him. I mean, you know Paul's schemes. I would tune in. Baseball doesn't have enough tune in factor, Guys, I don't know what I mean won Soto. It's forty homers, drives in one hundred and twenty runs, and what it hits two eighty five and not a good fielder, and I don't I mean, what else are you getting? I don't know, for six undred million, I'd like a little more. Yes, Marvin was a Rod. The first contract where everyone thought, this is outrageous. Two hundred and fifty million dollars over ten years. Was that the first like really ridiculous contract, trying to think, I mean, that's up there because he went to Texas, And I think that that was the surprising part of it is Scott Boris got Texas to pony up foolishly and spend that kind of money, and then even a Rod going to the Yankees, And then I think one of his excuses for using steroids was the pressure to live up to his contract when he went to the Yankees. Yes, Bowen, do.
Speaker 4: You know what I remember for the most public reaction in the time of this show and before from a player getting paid, guys like John Contact, this big stiff center in the NBA. He got like, I don't know me, you may have gotten like four million a year for six.
Speaker 2: Years with the Atlanta Hull.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went berserk. And then there was a guy named a Donald Foyle who was a barely passable center.
Speaker 2: Golden State, Golden State, and he.
Speaker 4: Got a nice contract. And that's where he's like, so you could be bad at your job and become a multi.
Speaker 2: Nay, well, I remember John Contact, his nickname was John Contract because he signed this contract and he wasn't a good player. I think he played at SMU and then he went to the Hawks. You know, he's serviceable big man. But at the time, you're going, he's getting that kind of money. He might have been getting paid more money than Michael Jordan with his contract.
Speaker 4: You're correct. They were both at two point five million at one.
Speaker 2: Time, and then Johnny contract went to four million, I think correct, and you know people went apoplectic with that. It's the right place, right time, is really what it is. Soto is turning twenty six, and this is the sweet spot here. He's going to get paid. He's going to get paid a lot of money. And you know comes down to is he worth it well?
Speaker 3: To me?
Speaker 2: No, But I'm just the I'm just a baseball fan. If if that's my team and I get him and we can win championships, okay, I don't. I don't know if he's the guy that leads you to the Promised Land. But he is a great hitter. That's it. Great hitter. Otani gives you a global exposure. He's a he did something no one's ever done in the history of the game, and he's going to be continuing to do those things. Now he goes back to pitching and hitting. He showed what he could do. Hey, I can't pitch, Well, let me show you what I can do. And then you have the entire you know, far East Japanese market, like you have all of that Dodger games over there. What those numbers were during the World Series, the playoffs over there. Okay, I can capitalize on. I can monetize that Wan Soto, I can't monetize that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Marvin and we talked baseball all season long because of one guy show Hal Tani. We're not doing that.
Speaker 2: So eight seven seven three DP show email andres s Dpadan Patrick dot com Twitter handle at DP show. The Texans are still a little salty with the disease al Shire suspension. Now, we talked about it a lot, and we talked about it yesterday. Three game suspension. Nick Cassario is the Texans GM and he thinks that his player has well. The portrait of him is incorrect of who this player is. Look, it is what it is.
Speaker 6: I think the big thing from our standpoint and all teams want this is just some level of consistency. And we've talked to the league quite frankly, but we don't have a good explanation. Dimiko talked to him yesterday. So I mean, it is what it is. I'm sure Aziz will go through whatever process he's going to go through, and then we'll deal with it accordingly. But I think what we take umbragees is just the picture that's been painted about disease, his intentions, who he is as a person. I mean, it's quite frankly, it's bold, and it's unfair the individual.
Speaker 2: That's unfair of the organization.
Speaker 6: I mean, we love everything about as he's all shay here, what he means to this team, what he brings.
Speaker 2: To this to this team. Okay, I'm sure he is a good guy. I think he was working something with United Way yesterday. He's a team captain, He's got two priors to this. He punched somebody he wants grab Brady around the neck. He hit Tony Pollard out of bounds two yards out of bounds from behind. Can you blame Trevor Lawrence that he slid too late? Okay? Your player went up top with a forum right to his head, right to his head. So look, you're defending your player. Great, Not sure why you are. Feels like you're over defending your player. Are you sending a message here? Like, what's the message you're sending here? Hey, we support our guys. Okay, great, tell me how you support him with the other plays that he had. I'd like to hear that. And why is it You can complain about the punishment, but you can't complain about the officials on a call like he's not getting Nick Cassario, The GM doesn't get suspended or punished. If he's critical of the punishment, you don't get punished by the NFL. But if you criticize, if he said, you know, the officials are terrible, well he's going to get fined fifty thousand dollars. You could be critical of the NFL handing out the punishment to your player and the NFL doesn't do anything about it. But I think you got to be fair with the totality of this player in his career. If he didn't have any priors, then maybe we look at this differently, and these are recent priors. Is it going to get maybe reduced to two games if they appeal? Maybe? Like, okay, so what you couldn't get him off the field. He took his helmet off, you know. And then you have your head coach who's calling out Jacksonville saying they overreacted. Can somebody please ask Damiko Ryans coach, if CJ. Stroud got hit like that by a Jacksonville player and your players didn't defend him, how would you feel that's over That's a silly comment by him. They overreacted. Their franchise quarterback is knocked out. If your franchise quarterback was knocked out and your players didn't go on the field, how would you have reacted? That's it, coach, you got an answer? Oh you don't. Okay, we move on from that. It's silly to say that every coach wants his player to be out there to defend his quarterback after a cheap shot like that, and I would want the Texans to do the same if it happened to CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud.
Speaker 4: All right, yeah, point, Could you make the case though, that the defense if this were a star defensive player, he would not have been fined the same or suspended the same such as same exact hit TJ. Watt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I can't do that. Well. I think that'd be like if I said, if Jakobe Brissett got hit, is somebody going to be suspended?
Speaker 4: But I think that's kind of what Nick Casaria is saying, that my guy, because he's a nobody, is getting lit up more than he should for a hit that happens. I think that's what he's saying.
Speaker 2: But his player has priors here, and he's known only because of the priors. Nobody's saying, boy, that guy is an unbelievable player. They're talking about the other hits that he had that led to this. I mean, if TJ. Watt did the same thing, then I would hope that they would suspend him as well. Now, maybe you get the benefit of the doubt there. If that's what Nick Cassario is saying, good luck with that. But that that we're sorry your player is not known like TJ. Watt is, you don't get the benefit of the doubt. He created this situation where he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. If it's a marquee defensive player and he's doing that. Are they more lenient? I hope they're not. Maybe they are, but still the Texans they can they can blame their player for putting their player in that situation.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Poll question for hour two is gonna be one seed?
Speaker 7: Let me update you from our one since we had two of them. Alabama will ultimately get into the twelve team playoff because let's see right now, ninety one percent of the audience say it's because they're Alabama, not because they deserve to be in. Okay, ninety one percent, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 7: Miami will ultimately get left out of the twelve team playoff because fifty three percent is because they just don't be in, not because they just don't have the same name value anymore. Okay, they are down a little bit.
Speaker 2: Do we have something for hour two that we're going with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did think about, just to see if we get a different result. The Miami Hurricanes got hosed or hosed themselves just because the wording is so it's so wonderful, Yeah who hosed who themselves? Or yeah, you could Todd had another one too. It's the two or four falls no school has a strong case if they get left out of the college football playoffs. I think that's kind of fair. Nobody really has a case if they get left out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did Florida State have a case last year? Right? They did? They were undefeated, It's just they didn't have their quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yes, And we've been talking a lot.
Speaker 8: Recent weeks on how there's really no great team in college football. So because of that, who could really feel that snubbed if they're number thirteen or fourteen after we hear what happens on Sunday from the selection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's still going to be, you know, teams that complain. You know, it's weird. Do we look at Oregon as a great team? Probably not undefeated? But I don't know if we recognize them even though they're in the Big Ten now. But it still feels like it's an sec world that we live in. Now. You're talking about Georgia and you're talking about Alabama, and then you get around to like Notre Dame is really good, Like that's a really solid go back to when Alabama and Notre Dame played what was that a decade ago? And that was ugly, Like that's when you saw Oh my gosh, that's SEC football, Alabama. You better, you know, pick up your game. You know, the Big Ten had to do that as well. Big Ten realized we got to get bigger, We got we gotta get speed. We have to recruit different athletes here, different parts of the country. And Notre Dame it always felt like Notre Dame was his step slower, you know, and I don't I didn't know if it was their shoes or if it was the turf or my shoes or bag. Yeah, that's a great call. Hey, why are we slower than everybody else?
Speaker 7: We are?
Speaker 4: Those pleas they look really slow. They ran like they were irish. Hey, oh why can they make that shoke?
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, you can. All right. When we come back, Pat forty will join us. You'll clear up all of this about college football, and we'll talk about what it's like to get pepper sprayed in Columbus, Ohio. We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Sunday night, Justin Herbert Chargers, Patrick Mahomes the Chiefs that'll be at Arrowhead Sunday seven Eastern on NBC and Peacock. He might be the first guest we've had on who has been pepper sprayed, at least officially pepper sprayed. I'm not sure recently pepper sprayed. He's Pat forty from Sports Illustrated and he was there in Columbus, Ohio State and Michigan. How does it feel to get pepper sprayed? Penn?
Speaker 3: It doesn't taste good, Dan, My food review of pepper spray is not overwhelmingly positive. It really didn't get in my eyes much. I was wearing glasses and maybe that a help. But it got in my mouth and it's unpleasant, that's for sure. Mostly I was like, what the hell is actually happening here? And then people started reeling out of there with you know, their eyes watering and choking and everything. I was like, Oh, we've just been pepper sprayed. This is a new college football achievement for me.
Speaker 2: I you know, when's college football, so it should be doctor pepper spray. You know, with the big sponsor, you can use that if you want. How did it get to the point where pepper spray was needed after that game.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. It felt to me a little like an overreaction. I mean, it was violent in there, for sure. I didn't get all the way into the middle of the octagon as it were, But I mean there were punches, kicks being thrown, people getting bloodied. But I thought that this could have been handled without all of a sudden guys wearing sheriff jackets just turning around and spraying wide swaths. So I don't know. I think it was an overreaction to a couple of teams overreacting.
Speaker 2: Okay, does college football look at this bigger picture? We've seen a recent outbreak in planting the flag here? Does college football care about this? The NCAA care to act upon this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, college football cares for sure. The NCUBA would probably like to care, but it's basically been kicked out of college football. The conferences don't like the look. We've heard from some commissioners and some other people that think it's a bad look. It'll be one of those you know, January NCAA Conventions Spring Conference meetings talking points, and they'll kick it around. I wouldn't be surprised if they come up with some sort of fine structures, or if they come up with a and it's gonna be conferenced by conference, but a legislation of like you don't bring your flags on the road, or you got to put your flags in the locker room with five minutes left in the game or whatever. You can't have nice things, Dan, if you can't play nicely.
Speaker 2: All right, your reaction to the latest rankings.
Speaker 3: I thought Miami got screwed. It's close. It's not like this is, you know, the biggest Travis Dew we've ever seen. But I would have had Miami ahead of Alabama. But we've seen historically Alabama gets in the SEC gets what it wants. Greg sank all but planted his flag in October saying this has to go incredibly well. And I think a lot of people took that as marching orders of we better get all of our teams in that deserve to get in, maybe even some that don't deserve to get in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder, and I said this when it happened. The SEC is going to get in at least three schools. Like it almost feels like, all right, we're gonna sign up for this. We're gonna play along with you, but you better be fair to us. At the end of the year, Alabama is getting in because of their brand. Miami used to have a brand. They don't have a brand anymore. How much of a factor do you think that that has played in.
Speaker 3: I think it's undeniable. I mean, they can try to deny it, but I don't believe it. I think the Alabama brand is so strong that losses for them seem to matter less. Certain wins even seem to matter more. It may just mean more that The point where I thought, not necessarily that the fix is in, but that they were excessively enamored with the Alabama brand was two weeks ago when they beat Mercer, an FCS team had moved up three spots. They moved up three spots in the rankings by beating Mercer. Then they lose by three touchdowns to Oklahoma. But Ward Manuel comes out and says, well, Miami wasn't playing well at the end. Was Alabama playing well?
Speaker 2: No? I don't know what goes on in those meetings. I don't know if, like, are there directives that go on when the committee gets together.
Speaker 3: We all don't know what goes on in the meetings, And that's one of the biggest frustrations of this really is just a lack of real knowledge. It'd be great to have a camera in there, to have a reporter in there, to have something in there to tell the public what actually does happen, what are the discussion points, what you know, where are the tension points? And yes, what's the discussion level of how's this going to look or how's this going to play? Those things I would love to know, but we don't really have an accurate summation of that.
Speaker 2: We also have gotten to a point where and these commissioners know they don't want to play in a conference championship game because of the risk it was a money grab for these conferences. Well now the money's available in the twelve team playoff. They want to slowly diminish what these conference championship games means, certainly for the Big Ten and the SEC. So how do you do that where you kind of you can't eradicate, but how do you diminish them? Therefore, don't you know these games don't really mean that much other than you're going to win your conference championship?
Speaker 3: Right? I don't know. It's a difficult one. Because they're addicted to the money from that. They're adicted to the money period from all sources, but they like the money that comes with this. They also they like the celebration of the league court of sort of stage that it gives them. The big ten networks are going to do nothing but right talk about and laud the league for two days in Indianapolis. The SEC network's going to do the same thing in Atlanta. The ACC network will do the same thing in Charlotte. The leagues like that, and they like the money. So I don't know how you separate that and diminish the conference championship more. I've never liked the conference championships. I thought they were double jeopardy for the best teams, had chance for a fluky outcome, hands for injuries. But now you're right with the playoff and the way we've got it structured, it's even less important and probably more damaging. Although you can at least safeguard to a degree, which I think they're trying to do here, that both teams in your conference championship are probably getting in to the playoff.
Speaker 2: He's pad forty from Sports Illustrated senior writer. The teams that are on the bubble. Who could be bounced this weekend most likely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Alabama's rooting hard for SMU because if Clemson wins, Alabama theoretically could be out, but the committee could also just find another way to keep Alabama in and bounce SMU. So the ACC Championship game, I think is really where it's at. The Mountain West Championship game between Boise and UNLV is interesting, you know. I mean, can Boise hold on to a top four seed and a first round by and probably kick the Big twelve into playing a first round road game with a champion of that league. So those are the two spots, The ACC and the Mountain West games, I think are the two that where there's really some actual tension about what might happen.
Speaker 2: What do you think changes about the playoffs next year?
Speaker 3: I would suspect, whether it's next year, whether it's twenty twenty seven, more likely that the first round buys do not go to four conference champions, that they will go to the four highest ranked teams. I think the Big ten and SEC will say, okay, enough of that, we let you stay in our tournament. Big twelve in ACC, but in Mountain West or whoever, but you're not getting the buys and they will try to take all of.
Speaker 2: Those any chance. Travis Hunter wins the Heisman unanimously.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I think there's a decent support for Ashton Genty, who's a great player. I think Travis Hunter wins, and probably wins by a considerable margin. But I think Ashton Genty, and especially if he puts up two hundred yards Friday night, you know, that'll probably help him some more. Again, I don't think Travis Hunter loses, but but I don't think it's an absolute landslide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I argued that Shador Sanders has kind of quietly, which is hard to say about Colorado and being Dion Sun quietly had an unbelievable season, and that dude can take some punishment he gets hit. Travis Hunter is exciting and the potential is wonderful. You know, I was making a case Genti and Shaudour, what they've meant to their teams probably more valuable than Travis Hunter is to Colorado. Is that crazy to say?
Speaker 3: Well? No, I mean you can make that argument. I would say Travis Hunter might be more valuable because he does indeed play two positions. But Shoudroy Sanders has been unbelievable. I mean, if he's in the top three, he deserves it. Your point about him getting hit and taking it is well made, because that is one tough quarterback. He takes a pounding, he gets sacked a lot, he holds the ball, he doesn't bail out on play. It's impressive what he's done this year. He's a really, really good player.
Speaker 2: Best running back that you ever saw, I mean, Genty is getting into that Barry Sanders territory with these numbers. Barry did it, of course, you know, against better competition probably, but best running back you ever saw.
Speaker 3: In person in college, I would say Adrian Peterson. He was just unbelievable at Oklahoma. Now, you know all the time, I mean Barry Sanders, you watched him and it was like watching a magician or like an adult playing with children where nobody could just catch him. He just made you look silly. So those two come to mind. Walter Payton, of course, but I didn't see him in college. You know, I love the way Walter Payton just defeated tacklers. But Genty. Genty's legit, man, He's got size and he's just got great feet. I mean his feet. He reminds me of Ladanian Tomlinson that that comparisons made can catch the ball as well. And he's just he's a heck of a player.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you. And are you going to the ACC title game?
Speaker 3: I am, yes, gonna go see if Clemson can drop something in the punch bowl.
Speaker 2: What do you think the chances are you get pepper sprayed again?
Speaker 3: I think much lower. Okay, a horseshoe, much lower. But I might be back in the horse shoe if I have a first round game and I'll be bringing protecting here.
Speaker 2: How safe is Ryan Day in your opinion?
Speaker 3: I think he's relatively safe if he wants to be safe. If he doesn't want to go, I think he might be willing to reconsider how much he wants to be there. But I don't see.
Speaker 2: Oh hold on that. Ryan Day may say, you know what, I don't want to be under this microscope anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I don't think that's out of the question. That this has become almost an untenable situation. If he can get another job that wants to pay him ten million dollars.
Speaker 2: A year, what about Urban Meyer coming back to Ohio State.
Speaker 3: Let's not. I don't think so. I don't think that would happen. Ross Biorke. I think the new ad there, if he were to get the chance to make a hire, I think he would want to establish his own sort of signature on the program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think the people who got rid of urban Meyer aren't there at Ohio State anymore.
Speaker 3: They're not. No, that's true. I mean it would be a fresh slate, but I still am not sure. I think ross Byork has enough ambition that he was like, I'm not bringing back a guy that's going to be you know, just immediately dwarf me.
Speaker 2: He's patent forty. He's not afraid of your pepper spray, and he could be coming to a stadium near you. Thank you, pat thank you. That's bad forty going to the ACC title gay probably won't get pepper sprayed. You know, in college football fans are so passionate. I saw where Pad forty put out, hey, I just got pepper sprayed, and then I saw a comment from a college football fan who said, good spray him again. I think that must have said something about somebody's fan base, you know, and they hold those things for dear life. I think there are people still upset at Chris Fowler back to the Peyton Manning Wow for the Heisman with Charles Woodson.
Speaker 4: It was a big deal for decades.
Speaker 2: The Michigan fans still frosty at him, or is at Tennessee fans who are frosty.
Speaker 4: At Tennessee fans and back in the day Tennessee from what I was told, said no a couple of times to game day coming back, they were salty.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marmon.
Speaker 5: Is there a difference between passionate and absolutely insane?
Speaker 2: Wow, it's close. I think they're They're in the same zip code, neighborhood, on the same block. Probably it doesn't take much effort to get from one to the other.
Speaker 5: Yes, Mart, It's like Harvey Updyke. He was passionate and then he was the guy that Jos Corners. Yeah he poisoned the trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, the Alabama fan Yeah, okay, yes, Tom, that was a pretty big thing that Pat just dropped that.
Speaker 5: Ryan Day would say, I've had enough year.
Speaker 8: I just don't need this aggravation and stress.
Speaker 2: I'm done. Yeah, yeah, I hadn't heard that. Now is he reporting that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: Thinking now they're getting into those waters that we love to.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know him around and you're right, well, no, Pat's not an insider. Adam Schefter is an insider. And Schefty said I could see Ben ben Johnson at Detroit being interested in the Bear's job. Now that's not a report. But when the insider says I could see where Ben Johnson would be interested in the Bears, that makes me a little nervous. Yeah. Seeon.
Speaker 7: But what's what really is the difference between what Pat Forty does and what Adam Schefter does.
Speaker 2: Well, Schefty is when he says it, it's that's the inside part of this. Pat reports on. I don't think his job is an insider, He's a writer. Schefty's an information guy. Chefty doesn't write. Pat Forty wrote about the Ohio State Michigan game. Schefty could have a report on Ryan Day leaving to go to the NFL. I mean the lines are blurred because Schefty wants to be a personality, so he might say things where hey, I could see that, or I'm hearing you know. The people in Chicago ran with this yesterday that Adam was saying, Hey, I could see where Ben Johnson would be interested in the bears well because he's saying it like Schefty can't have an opinion with his job.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, when you're an insider, when you have an opinion, then it feels like that's a report. Not Hey, I could see that, But you can't do that because people run with that like they did in Chicago. Yes, pun quickly.
Speaker 4: I want to go back to what Pat Forty said about Ryan Data. It is pretty surprising he could see them just leaving Ohio State. Seaton said something earlier in the week about Ohio State and how it's messed up that a team a fan base bases so much of their worth or whatever you want to call it off one game a year and that doesn't help the franchise overall. And maybe that's what Ryan Day's thinking, but.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, coaches have been fired because they didn't do well against Michigan or against Ohio State. It's happened before. It's the importance of that Now. I think with the twelve team playoff, that might relax that a little bit because if you lost that game, you had no chance playing for a national championship. Now you can. Ohio State is still in the mix here. But before it was like you lost that game, you lost the integrity of an entire state. And Ryan Day may just say, look, I don't want any more of this now. I hadn't heard that before.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I have friends in Columbus and they were like, you know, there's a little chatter here. I go, what does that mean? Ah? You know some people talk about what if urban Meyer? I said, I can't deal in what if urban Meyer comes back? Is there a report? Then we have something here? Not I could see that. I don't see it, but you know, crazier things have happened. Take a break. More phone calls coming up. Jason Garrett, former Cowboys coach, coming up next hour.
Speaker 1: Back after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wapp Coming up, we will give you our NOVEMBP novem VP, the MVP of November. Nah, yeah, I know, I know. It's just I'm having a hard time with novem VP.
Speaker 4: I think you're nailing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, NOVEMVP. That'll be coming up. Dan Levotard is going to join us the voice of Miami Football we'll see if he's upset with the U not in the playoffs on the outside looking in and Jason Garrett, uh, he will join us on loan from Football Night in America. Time to play in or out. You're either in or you're out, Pauly some topics please.
Speaker 4: So I present the topic. You say in, if you're in, out, if you're out. Just do it that way. We'll be fine, not out out unless you really really mean it. So I guess you can say.
Speaker 2: Out out, but you can be in in.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, like, I'm in in in, You're really in?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Jameis Winston's future as NFL future. Oh, okay, Jameis Winston's NFL future.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a tensted No, I'm in, like where he gets the keys to his own franchise again.
Speaker 2: In, Well, you didn't say that. Now you're changing the question again.
Speaker 4: It works.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 4: It means he gets to start even when Deshaun Watson's back.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know if Deshaun Watson's back. So you're I'm in, all right? Extremely out out?
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm out.
Speaker 8: I am in. The Lord will deliver more starts.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, okay, Corinthians.
Speaker 4: Justin Tucker's future in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Come in, I'm still in, still in out out and I'm in.
Speaker 4: I should have said split the uprights are wide right? No offense? All right? Soon, here's the one. Here's one they just thought of. Russell Wilson went in the Comeback Player of the Year award in in or out out?
Speaker 2: Did anybody almost die?
Speaker 4: Russell died a perception death as an NFL starting quarterback?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But did he die and come back to life a couple of times like tomorrow Hamlin who didn't even win and win. So you know, is Joe Flaccos so eligible? You know, I would say Russell Wilson should be eligible for that? Yeah, this is it. This is a massive comeback year for him. Is he not?
Speaker 4: He's not eligible?
Speaker 2: Is he? I don't know if he is or not?
Speaker 4: Hold on, well, he may have a good point here.
Speaker 7: What if we did a player who might not be eligible for Comeback Player of the Year, but it should be you start Russell Wilson Junior the third I'll throw Sam Donald on there. Okay, that dude, he is having a comeback year. If ever there was one, Okay, I don't know who else could be on that poll question, But.
Speaker 2: Can Bryce Young win comeback Player of the Year.
Speaker 7: Maybe it feels a little early, Okay, feels a little early, yes.
Speaker 2: Barkley, heck yeah, yeah, I'd roll with that. Heck yeah.
Speaker 4: So this is you didn't lose a limb or a relative, but you just weren't that great.
Speaker 2: Okay, more of a comeback Saquon Barkley or Russell Wilson Junior the third? Like Russ was dead, Russ Russ.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's really it's really to me, it's a question between Russell Wilson and Sam Donald because he was dead in the water and now was a guy.
Speaker 4: I think both I could be free. Ah Darnald and Russ Walls.
Speaker 2: Okay, would you sign up Russell Wilson right now? Three years, one hundred million dollars if you're Pittsburgh, go around the room, Todd in or out out? Seaton three years one hundred million, three years, one hundred million dollars for Russell Wilson Junior. The third? Uh in or out? What's the other option? Keeping just a fields? Whatever they decide they go elsewhere. Yeah, I'll throw them a hunter mill. Why not? Good for you, buddy, Yeah, yeah, Marvin, I mean.
Speaker 4: Paulie, I'm in. That's thirty three million a year. That's respectable.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 2: I'm in for Russell Wilson, not inter out. Yes, Ton, would Russe.
Speaker 8: Wilson embrace or be offended by a Comeback Player of the Year award if he was to receive something like that.
Speaker 2: I think he'd be fine with them. I think he'd be. Okay, Yes, Pauli, here we go.
Speaker 4: Interer out. Dan Lanning of Oregon is going to be a scorching hot NFL head coaching candidate in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: If you keep mentioning it, then I think it might happen. I'm making it. You are making it happen.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna be wildly hot as an NFL candidate, and actually right now, but in a month from.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm going to be out on that. I think he needs another year. Yeah, well, you might be right. He still could be scorching hot. Marvin, I'm out, Seaton, I'm out, Tod I'm out too, Okay, in, Okay.
Speaker 4: Here's one I'd rather watch the first round of the college football playoffs over the first round of the NFL playoffs.
Speaker 2: M Todd in a round.
Speaker 5: I am out. I gotta go NFL playoffs.
Speaker 2: All right, see no counter.
Speaker 7: If I'm in, I'm watching college football. If I'm out, I'm watching the NFL. I'm in on watching college football. Marvin, I'm out watching the NFL.
Speaker 2: I'm watching the college football. I'm in there.
Speaker 4: You go interesting. This is the last one. And this was I put this one on in or out five weeks ago and everybody was out except for me. I was in. This will be Lebron James final season.
Speaker 2: Todd out seatan. I think I'm out, Marvin out.
Speaker 5: He definitely announces it so he can get the tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm out on this.
Speaker 4: I mean I think he announces that the All Star break that.
Speaker 2: He's done this year. Yep, it looks like he's done, gotta admit. Yeah, but take away the last two weeks. Prior to that, he was one of the ten best players in the game. Yeah, but now he stopped playing. I just think he can't play. He wants to do what Michael Jordan did and play eighty two games, and he shouldn't be playing eighty two games, or he shouldn't be averaging thirty five minutes a game.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think the eighty two goal is all part of this being the last season they're not. The Lakers are a mile least.
Speaker 2: Threatening seventh or eight seeded two right.
Speaker 4: I think he's aware, he's a smart guy, that he's not winning a title.
Speaker 6: List.
Speaker 2: I think he would.
Speaker 4: He got a son in the league. He's gonna play eighty two and out and go on to many many other things.
Speaker 5: Yes, I might be with Paulie if they didn't play in Cleveland, Like, had they had not played in Cleveland already, then I would have been with him. So I'm still out.
Speaker 2: I'm still so Paulie thinks that this is Lebron's last year. He announces it at the All Star Game. Okay, that'd be a nice pea bomb. Yeah, be nice people.
Speaker 4: He signed a three year contract tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's playing one more year. I agree with Marvin. It feels like it would be. Hey, next year is my last year? Yeah, yes, right, Marvin, you see that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I definitely see him doing the Kobe Tour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be one year too long. Could be this year might be one year too long. Well, no question, Martin like getting clicks. Dan Levittard he'll defend the you should the U be in the College football playoffs ands and Garrett he'll join us as well. Final Hour in this Wednesday, right after this