Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast. George Nori with you along with Whitley Struber. We'll take calls with Whitley next hour. Whitley, is it safe to assume that these entities, these creatures may be coming from the Middle Earth?
Speaker 3: Well, they mostly live as far as I can see, underground and under the ocean. There's so many UFOs. It's quite easy these days to see a UFO, you know, if you can distinguish them from satellites, which is when you are actually seeing when it's quite obvious. But so they're you know, they're I think they're ubiquitous. I think you find them in all sorts of places, and as far as a point of origin is concerned, I don't think they're going to tell us that anytime soon, because that would give us a of some idea, of more of an idea of about them than maybe they won. They're very secretive, and I don't think that they are. I don't think our our military has been particularly comfortable with them. Interesting, and I think that there's a lot of hostility.
Speaker 2: The fact that you interact with them. Are you doing it willingly or you are?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, it's been you know, I've been I've had them in my life, probably most of my life and certainly for the past thirty five years. You know, you don't get you get used to someone over that period of.
Speaker 2: Time, and but they roughed you up.
Speaker 3: Well, so what I mean, Yeah, they roughed me up. My dad roughed me up too from time to time, a lot of you know, I'm I'm yeah, and it would have been less uh, it would have been less violent if I had not panicked. So I was part of it too, But I'm past that. I'm not interested in sitting on my duff and saying they roughed me up and I'm going to sit here and not do a thing about it. After it happened, and it took about it was March, I think before we realized fully realized that they were real and that you know, they had that this had actually physically happened. And I said to my wife Ann, I said, you know, let's go out in the woods at night. Let's see if we can get into contact with them again, because my god, I mean, these are I'm intelligent beings and they're not human and they're here. And she said, well, that's a great idea. You go out in the woods because you're the one who saw so I did. And you know, that was the beginning of what has become a relationship. And you know, people are very they're very u rigid. They think if someone comes on to you hard, you should hate them forever. I'm just not that way. I'm going to always try to find another way in with anyone I have a difficult relationship with. I keep at it. I don't quit.
Speaker 2: Well. I've always found you to be very forgiving an opening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm an affable guy. I like people, and it turns out I can perfectly capable of I wouldn't say I like the great Is because they're testy as hell, frankly, but I can get along with them. And they're very interesting and they're very wise. And you know, they've worked with me on my books. They've worked with me on A New World on Them and now on this book. Although less interested in this book. They have attentions. They have a limited attention span, like anybody, you know. They're really enthusiastic at first, but after a while they get tired of it. But and you know, you don't get as much attention. But I'm not like that. I keep on, don't I don't get tired of things.
Speaker 2: Are they biological or are they more robotic?
Speaker 3: No, it's a mix. It depends on what level you're dealing with. There are, interestingly enough, there are bio robotic ones in the sense that they have they have elements of their bodies that are clearly robotic, and I would assume that they are designed beings. But they have marvelous brains. And you think to yourself, who would build a robot that is that brilliant but that they have and I you know, and then I look at AI and I think to myself, we're going to be building robots that are that bring it very soon, and we're going to want our robots to be really smart. So you know, we're going kind of going down the same path that they went down. And I think fairly recently. I don't think that they're an ancient all wise. All I mean, they've made plenty of mistakes here, and I think they're funding around trying to figure us out. I think it was quite a while before they realized that, you know, we had a level of self consciousness, and we were not amused by being abducted. And you know, we weren't like animals where we would forget it in a few minutes and afterwards and not and just go on with our lives. That we were being affected by it, and it was affecting any relationship they may have with us. And the abductions are not common now at all. They don't happen much, and either they changed their approach because the bad pr or they got finish with whatever they were doing.
Speaker 2: Surely remarkable assuming they're coming from another planetary system, even though they may be staying in the underground. Where might they be coming from?
Speaker 3: You know, No, I don't know. I do know some things about them. They breathe oxygen. They can breathe and function in our atmosphere without a mask. I've seen them in that many times like that. So therefore, wherever they come from, it has an atmosphere similar to this one, and they are adapted to using oxygen the same way we are. They can't talk, They can only make noises, and they I would assume that their vcal system is something like that of a bird because of the way they make sounds. The sounds they make are but they are telepathic and fluently telepathic. When you're with them, telepathy seems like the most normal thing in the world, and then when you're apart from them, you can't do it at all. It's really remarkable.
Speaker 2: The last time we go ahead.
Speaker 3: With we have this, this part of ourselves, it's a sleep. That's what the fourth mind is about it. And that part of ourselves is when you're and you read in the abduction literature, person after person will say when they were I was telepathic when I was with them, and it was easy, and that's exactly correct. But not when you're not with them, and that's because that part of us is a sleep. Normally, I would like to wake it up. I would like us to have a telepathic community, human community, although it might be rather awkward for the politicians, but you know, we'll just have to suck it up.
Speaker 2: Have you given up up on trying to get that implant out of your ear?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I used that implant in my work. I would never get it out of my ear. You would never imagine.
Speaker 2: You want it. You weren't sure years ago, but.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was nuts about it kidding. I realized it was there. And for those of you who don't know, this thing was put in my ear by two people in May of nineteen eighty nine. I was wide awake when they came into the house and got into my room and overpowered me by some means, and without my knowing what they were doing, and without leaving a scar, any incision mark or anything, this thing ended up in my ear, in the in the pinter the top part of my left ear. And when I realized it was there, boy, I mean I felt invaded. I felt it was horrible. You know, I almost I thought about cutting my ear off.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean because and then my wife was no fool. She was a very wise woman.
Speaker 2: As they came.
Speaker 3: Well yeah you remember, Anne, Yeah, because they're sharpie, and she she uh, I'm saying to her, you know, it's struck me crazy. I can't stand it. I've got to get it taken out because I can't have the idea. I can't. I don't want somebody to be tracking me all the time. And she said why not. I said, well, I don't want that. She said, nobody cares whether or not you're going down to the seven eleven to get a paper. Nobody cares about what you do. You don't do anything interesting with ley. Let's face it, going to have going on a vacation to Texas to see your family, Aliens are not going to be interested in that. That's about the biggest thing you ever do. So and I realized, whatever it is, it can't be a tracking device. Are they chose the wrong guy? Because it's true, I mean, don't I don't do anything worth tracking. I live a very I'm a very sedate person. I live a very sedate life. But it turned out that for years it was just there. I could not understand how to use it or anything. But in recent years it has become it's just a wonderful tool.
Speaker 2: I use it all the time to a dependent on it.
Speaker 3: Maybe in some respects yes, I may be dependent on it as a research tool, but it's better than AI because it is very intuitive. And uh, you know, if you're if you're looking for something that you can't figure out how to ask for, it will come into your life using this thing. That's the most amazing. You'll turn on I'll turn on YouTube and for some unknown reason, it's it comes on to something that's exactly what I was looking for and couldn't really put into words that that happens all the time. And you know, when you're doing research with something like that, your books get Your books are good and they and they you write them very quickly. And that's what's been happening.
Speaker 2: Would you consider yourself an abductee?
Speaker 3: Well, I got abducted, So yeah, I guess I have an abductee.
Speaker 2: You are You have you come across other people who share similar experiences?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Good lord? Yes? Thousands? How many people want to tell me their story? The answer is a lot. Over all these years that I've been out there doing this, since the eighties, Oh, George, it must be ten thousand more or more people, at least, probably more. I've heard many, many, many stories, and plus the communion letters they sent, thousands upon thousands of letters. A lot of them are collected now at Rice University in the Archives of the Impossible. So, yeah, is the answer?
Speaker 2: What's the agenda?
Speaker 1: Wedley?
Speaker 2: What do they want?
Speaker 3: It's in that A good question. There's the possibility that it's sinister. I don't think. I don't think it's anything sweetness and light. I mean, I'm I'm working with them. That that's true. But that doesn't necessarily mean I think they're they're here for reasons that we would like. They're here for their own reasons, and if those coincide with our needs, that'll be great. But if they don't, you know, we're just half And in some senses, I don't see how they could because look at the abductions that was that done without even so. I mean, people weren't asked or anything. They just suddenly would show up in your life and this would happened to you, and it was an invasion of personal space. It was it was rape, it was removal of semen and eggs from human beings against their will and without any any telling them in any way what was going on, and kidnapping. It was outrageous.
Speaker 2: And they seem to think it's okay.
Speaker 3: Well, whether they think it's okay or not, I don't know, but they did it. They did it.
Speaker 2: If you find out that everything they've been doing is nefarious, would you feel used?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in some sense, I would. But at the same time, I've been very careful. I've never portrayed this as all sweetness and light or space brothers or anything like that, nor have I ever said I believe they are aliens from another planet because I don't know that, but I have been very careful to try to communicate the complex, nuanced, dangerous and yet at the same time valuable presence, which is what I find of them in my life.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast am every weeknight at oneam Eastern, and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more