Speaker 1: I'm Tari's Mexi and you're listening to the seventy six Ers Insider's podcast.
Speaker 2: This podcast is part of the seventy six Ers podcast network, presented by Stern and Cohen Law.
Speaker 3: Search seventy six Ers Insiders wherever you get your podcasts. Suffering an injury at work can cause physical pain, but also great uncertainty about your rights. You need to retain a worker's compensation law firm that is a winner like our Sixers, a firm that gets some of the best settlements, but is also willing to go toe to toe with the insurance company. No settling on the cheap. This is Philly. We have grit and fight in us. Call the workers Compensation Law Firm of Stern and Cohen or visit their site Sterncohenlaw dot com. The consultation is free. Stern and Cohen are the official partners of the seventy six Ers. They'll go ring the insurance company's bell. Welcome to Sixers in sixty live from the Wells Fargo Center again ahead of a big game for the Philadelphia seventy Sixers, who are twenty five and thirteen. They are third in the Eastern Conference, a couple of games behind the Milwaukee Bucks and then the Boston Celtics on top. But the Sixers playing good basketball and they welcome the Denver Nuggets. So it's good that today's Sixers and sixty falls on a game against the Nuggets. So we'll have a little bit of extended pregame here. I'm Matt Murphy along with Nick Stauskiss, will be joined by our fanatic basketball insider Bob Cooney, and will also be joined by our co seventy six er insider Lauren Rose in after she's done with pregame responsibilities down below. As we overlook the court here at the center, Nick and you obviously played here, and just you know, being around so far before Sixers Nuggets, there's fans watching Jokich's unique warm up. You can tell it has that. There are more people in the press room for coach Nurse pre game. You could tell it has that big game regular season to it.
Speaker 4: One, you got the reigning champs in the building, so that's always gonna draw a big crowd. And then second of all, you got Joel Embiid and Jokic going head to head, arguably the two best basketball players in the world. Right now, so you know, as coach Nurse said, this is this is worth the price of admission. This is a game that you're gonna want to see how it all unfolds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't get much easier to sell a basketball game, a sporting event than two of the best in the world doing it. And that was kind of the question pose that you're referencing to Nick Nurse just a moment ago. We were we were there for it, and he was asked about just being excited to see the matchup against each other, and he was like, I don't know what to expect, And obviously he's a very prepared coach and Embiids a prepared player. The team is prepared, but once the ball goes up, that's the beauty of live sports. And we saw we saw a fantastic Embiid performance against Jokic in this building just a season ago. So we will see what tonight has in store. Our rundown for this episode includes a conversation with seventy six ers assistant coach Bobby Jackson, who spent a lot of his playing career with the Sacramento Kings, although his rookie season was with the Denver Nuggets. And Bobby Jackson, a first year assistant on Nick Nurse's staff. He spent the last two years coaching in the G League. A really fun conversation with former sixth Man of the Year at this level the NBA, Bobby Jackson coming up, and we've had some great conversations, including Brian Gates who joined us on the show, another Sixers assistant. Those are all available at the seventy six Ers Insiders podcast. This Sixers team, we'll have Bob Cooney joining us momentarily is coming off two wins and Embiid returned to the lineup and didn't skip a beat against the Houston Rockets, which was impressive after Tobias Harris had two straight thirty plus point games for the first time in his career.
Speaker 4: We love to see the versatility of this team. Obviously, when Joelle is out, other guys step up, and that's exactly what Tobias Harris was able to do against Atlanta and against Sacramento, two of his better games he's played the season, two of his better games he's played throughout his career with the Sixers, So those are things that he's put in a tough position sometimes with his role changing so much when Joelle comes back. But like you said, Joel comes back against Houston, doesn't miss a beat, makes it look very easy out there. Another forty and ten game for him. I mean, it's just unbelievable watching this guy work out there.
Speaker 3: That's something that you had referenced in a recent show, is like how guys in the NBA are capable of so much on a basketball court, but you're not always asked to do everything. And Tobias Harris was asked to quarterback the offense more when Embiid was out, which meant like center of the floor, more decision making and less being in the corner sometimes or elsewhere on the court catching and shooting. As the quarterback, he was asked to do that and he proved that he can well.
Speaker 4: And again it's just a mindset in the aggressiveness that he plays with in those games and the shot attempts. All the thirty seven point game he had twenty five shot attempts, and the previous game against Atlanta twenty four shot attempts. And you know the tricky part is is you fast forward to that Houston game and he only took seven shots. And it's not that he played a bad game, but with Joelle coming back and you know, managing those shot attempts with Tyres as well, who also you know, he might have it going on on a night to night basis. It's you know, it's tough, but he has to be the one that takes a step back and sacrifices a little bit. But hey, if he's willing to do that and commit to that, commit to that role, this team could be very special with him as a third option.
Speaker 3: We will have plenty of Sixers Nuggets talk with Bob Cooney with Lauren Rosen later on, But just going back to these games a little bit, how these teams come into this one because both are pretty in are in pretty good for him, I think is important, including Harris, including Embiid's return. The Nuggets have also won their last two games and Jokic is hardly missing shots at all. But for the Sixers, they come off the overtime loss to it they beat the Sacramento Kings and then the Houston Rockets, so unfortunately for them, it is a back to back situation, and it feels like that's the case a lot of times in star matchups in the NBA. Sometimes one is coming off of back to back and it's Embiid in this case. We are joined right now on the Comcast Business Hotline by our fanatic basketball insider, Bob Cooney. Bob Cooney of The John Cage Show weekdays six to ten am on ninety seven to five The Fanatic and Bob, it's great to have you back with us, and we'll get to Denver, I promise. But the recent games for the Sixers, what are some high level thoughts on where they're at in your mind right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think directly Murphy, you have to go to Tobias Harris, right not counting last night last night, he takes a back seat because Joel is back and all that entails. But man, the play of him when Joel Embiid was out was just terrific. And I love the way he's making decisions quickly, going to the basket, shooting the ball, making pay. He's decisive in his play offensively, and I think that's when he's at his best. And he's been really, really good. And then last night there was a couple of times where it was just okay. He only got seven shots last night, but you could tell it was like, okay, give Tobias the ball, because I don't think they call him any plays for him. When I was coming to team, they rarely called plays for him because he's just, you know, the other guy. Not just the other guy, but he's another guy. And then last night they did they did a couple of ice shows and he was fine, back down, turn around, boom. That's a real key part of this team. And if you can rely on him, not only when Joel is out or another stars out, if he can rely on him when they have a full lineup, that's a big addition for this team.
Speaker 3: Joined by Bob Cooney, R fanatic basketball insider talking Tobias Harris and the Sixers, and you've got to talk Joel Embiid and how he impacts this lineup. Of course it has an impact on Harris. But throwing this over to Nick Stauskas, who we've got here with us, is you said it, Joel's impact on the team immeasurable. When he's in there. He's so dominant.
Speaker 4: He's a generational talent. And you know, I hate to be the one to say it, but you take Joel away from this team and they are they're very much middle of the pack. And so that tends to be the separator with most of these good teams is you got that one guy. You got a lot of good players, but you got that one guy that at any given moment, can change a game, can change a season. And that's what this team has in Joel Embid. It is a generational talent, and whether he's healthy or not, every time he steps foot on this floor, he makes the game of basketball look easy against the other best players in the world. It's it's honestly, it's it's breathtaking to watch.
Speaker 1: The greatest thing about that Nick also is talking to people in the locker room and players talking about how easy it is to play with him on the floor because defensers are so keyed in on Joel Embiid. And you see the life of a Marcus Morris, obviously, a Tobias Harris and so many other guys how easier the game is for them when they're on the floor with Joel Embiid because defenses are so keyed on him. It leaves for wide open shots, wide open drives to the basket, a lot of one on one situations. I agree with these. He's generational changing and he makes it that much easier for his teammates.
Speaker 3: Well, Bob Cooney, we had to have you check in here, even though you're not with us tonight at the game right now, but we had to have you check in ahead of what is a heavyweight matchup. But Nick Nurse just said pregame that there's more on the card to use the boxing term when you talk about Jamal Murray and Tyrese Maxi and the rest of this defending champion Nuggets team and the way the Sixers built their team in the offseason and the new coaching staff. So there's more on the card. It's a very good card here in Philadelphia. When we're talking whether it's your show, the John Kincaid Show, our Next Sixers and sixty, if we're talking about or we are going to be talking about a Sixers win against the Nuggets. If what happens.
Speaker 1: The dominant performance by Joel Embiid, I mean, that's that's the given he has success against jo Kisch. I love the way there goes two battle against each other and indeed usually does come out, you know, with the better numbers. Uh So I'm anxious to see that. But it's it's the side. I think it's putting side pieces. But it's the secondary players, like you mentioned Murphy, it's the Murrays, it's the it's the Tyres Maxis, It'sbias Harrison that if you can say that to two of them, that yo Kitchen Embiid are going to be kind of a wash. Okay, Well, then you're looking at those secondary players and and that's where Murray comes into play, and then the other guys on the Sixers. I think whoever gets the better of that, from your second to fifth guys, and then maybe a guy off the bench, whoever gets the better of that tonight, I think is going to be able to win this matchup.
Speaker 3: Well right now, Joel Embiid warming up on one end, Jamal Murray warming up on the other end. Bob, we appreciate you or insight as always, Thanks for checking in.
Speaker 1: With us, Hey Aikes, have a great night. Thanks for having me Our.
Speaker 3: Fanatic basketball insider Bob Cooney, Matt Murphy, and Nick stauskis here. We will be joined by seventy six Ers team reporter Lauren Rosen on the other side. We'll have stats with Stauskas. We've got a lot to get to talk about. Jamal Murray, a little bit your fellow Canadian player, and we'll preview the Sixers Nuggets, and we'll also hear from Sixers assistant coach Bobby Jackson. All that coming up right here on Sixers in sixty. Welcome back to Sixers in sixty live from the Center in Philadelphia, prior to a showdown between the Philadelphia seventy six Ers and the Denver Nuggets. I'm Matt Murphy, I'm alongside Nick Stauskis and Lauren Rosen now joins us. Marty Dickerson, our engineer here on site. Silvana Kelleher producing tonight's show ahead of the big game. Thanks again to Bob Cooney for checking in with us in the last segment. Reminder, we've got Sixers assistant Bobby Jackson, the former sixth Man of the Year in the NBA, coming up later in the show. But Lauren and Nick, I want to start by talking about Tyrese Maxi because when you look at the stats, and I know we've got stats with Stawskis as we always do, there's one noticeable comparison that stands out to me ahead of Philadelphia and Denver, and it's Tyrese Maxi averaging more points than Nicola Jokic right now, Maxi twenty six point one. But let's get right into stats with Stauskis.
Speaker 4: Stats with Stawskis, you start talking about points and assists. You look at the top fifteen Maxi is on both those lists, and that's an elite category because the only other players on that list top fifteen points, top fifteen assists, We've got Luka Dancic, Trey Young, Devin Book and then just making the cut is Nicola Jokicic. So Maxie has put himself an elite company right there. You know, anytime you can do both of those at a high level, it speaks volumes not only about your skill level, but about your leadership, your ability to be a floor general, your ability to get other guys involved, make other teammates better. And I think that's what really stands out about Maxi, and that's what Scott in this coaching staff so excited about him, is his growth in the leadership department, in you know, directing guys where to go, getting them open shots. Those are things that maybe are even more difficult than sometimes just scoring the ball. And so to balance both of those, I think he's done a fantastic job. And again we've said, I hope he gets that chance in an All Star Game this year. I think he really deserves it.
Speaker 3: It's always eye opening to me to see him out scoring anyone who's the number one scoring option on their own team. I know when we're comparing Jokic, Jokic gets a lot of assists. They have other talented players. Michael Porter Junior in the last like since December first has been scoring the ball at a higher rate as well. But Lauren Rosen Sixers team reporter, what's the latest on all things Tyrese Maxi these days?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, you guys just said we are hoping to see Tyrese Maxie make his first All Star appearance in just now a few short weeks in Indianapolis, and matt if I may Tyrese fifth currently in Eastern Conference guard standings. To me, that's pretty low. He should be quite a bit higher in my estimation, right behind the other Tyrese Halliburton, Trey Young, Damian Lillard, and Donovan Mitchell. Splitting the two Tyreses in terms of Eastern Conference guards, Jowell and Beid of course second in the front court behind yannisante To kumpo, But listen, that is a pretty good place to be if you're hoping to make the team. Is fifth for Tyrese Maxey, and he's just been you know, we've talked about it on the show more than a few times, but every time a challenge is thrown at him, he embraces it and he exceeds the expectations that anyone externally puts on him. Obviously when you talk to him, you know his expectations are through the roof, right, but exceeding the expectations of those that watch and those that perhaps were unfamiliar with his game, as they say, and a national broadcast on TNT tonight another opportunity to familiarize some folks with his game. Of course, you're listening on the seventy six ers Insiders podcast feed, you already know what the outcome of this one is. But if I had to be a betting person, just like assistant coach Brian Gates said last week on this show, that was awesome. I'm putting all my stock And for those that didn't listen having six podcast, Matt Murphy interviewed Brian Gates, assistant coach who has a long standing history with Nick Nurse a short history though with Tyrese Maxey, and the quote that stuck with me from that interview was that if he could buy Tyrese Maxie stock, he would put the house, he would put everything on what did he call it, tm zeros as the abbreviation and listen. I think that that's how a lot of people will feel in and around this organization. Just a pleasure to watch him grow and hopefully a pleasure to watch him play in his first All Star Game next month.
Speaker 3: We know that Maxi has taken the reins of the starting point guard position and I definitely wanted to chat with Brian Gates about that and something that I wanted to ask Bobby Jackson, who we're gonna hear from in a few minutes. Another six Yers assistant is about the bench because it has fluctuated a bit, but one thing that's been constant is Patrick Beverly and Marcus Morris Senior kind of coming in first and making an impact on the game. That was another topic pregame with all of us and Coach Nurse, but having time with a former sixth Man of the Year winner in Coach Jackson, that's coming up his thoughts on Beverly and Morris Senior making that impact. But Nick, when the phrase two man game gets thrown out, the pairings that we've been talking about on this show, Yo Kitchen, Jamal Murray, Tyrese, Maxi, and Joel m Beads, So, like, can you take us as a former player in the NBA a little bit further into like what you're looking for when two players are quote unquote in the two man game, and like more for the casual observer, like what they should be watching for and what's a successful night with how Embiid and Maxie are playing off one another.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it starts with the pick and roll and for both players to have the versatility to do numerous things. It helps when the big man is able to roll and finish at the rim but also pop and shoot the three. And to me, when I watch Maxi and Embiid, that sweet spot of the two man game seems to be Joelle rolling to that free throw line area of mid range and when he catches there, I mean oftentimes we see that little mid range pull up that he's so good at. But he's also done a really good job of taking his time using shot fakes when he needs them, and it's just the patience and comfortability that he plays with out there that makes it so hard to stop. And then also, you know, when you have Maxi as the ball handler, you know he presents a ton of problems for the defense as well. You can't go under ball screens because he's such a good shooter. If you go over, he might beat you with his speed to the basket. And he's done such a good job with his driving angles, eating up the space, embracing the contact, finishing strong at the rim. We've seen a couple of highlight finishes from him over the past couple of games, you know, just being able to finish through contact in an extraordinary way. So again, those two guys are playing at the top of their game, and anytime you put him in a two man scenario, similar to Jokic and Murray, it's going to be difficult to stop.
Speaker 3: And then in your career, coming off the bench versus starting, if Pat Bev has settled into kind of this sixth man role. Other players have been in and out of the starting lineup, sometimes due to injury, like Kelly Oubray Junior is now starting again. We just got word today here on Tuesday, January sixteenth that the Anthony Melton, because of the back injury, is expected to be listed as out for each of the next three games, including the Denver Nuggets game, which we are speaking prior too, so, like, what are the keys to succeeding when you're not in the starting lineup or getting off to a good start when you're back into the starting lineup? The mindset, Well, I think for a.
Speaker 4: Guy like Pat Bev, it also helps to just know what your role is. No, you know, for me coming off the bench, it always helped me knowing, Hey, I'm going to go in at the three minute mark in the first quarter, and you know, I'm gonna play these eight minutes and I'm playing with these other guys, this is what's going to be asked of me. And you start to get comfortable and you know what to expect on a game to gain basis, it becomes a little tougher again when there's these lineup changes and you're kind of coming in and out of the rotation or playing with different groups of players. But I do think Pat Bev has done a phenomenal job of kind of finding his role with this team. And again it doesn't have to be scoring with him. He's shown he can score, He's shown he can do things on offense, but we all know what he brings on the defensive end too, So he's able to impact the game in numerous ways out there, and again he's going to be a key guy moving forward if the Sixers are going to make noise in the playoffs, like that, defense is going to be a major major role against some of the some of the guards in the East, Like we said, Tyrese Halliburton, Donovan, Mitchell, Trey Young, these are all guys that you know, require a big time defensive stopper, and Pat Bev is.
Speaker 3: That guy that's next. Nick Stauskis, I'm Matt Murphy with Lauren Rosen and we might have some live like lineup news to report here any minute, because we are, you know, chatting pregame ahead of Sixers and Nuggets. But that Beverly Maxi duo is one, Lauren, that coach and you pointed out pre game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was able to ask coach Nurse what it's been like to watch Pat Bev and Tyrese Maxi sharing the floor a little bit more than perhaps anyone ever intended for the two of them to share the floor during the preseason. In those first weeks and months of the season, we saw Pat checking in for tyres not necessarily with Tyre's nearly as much as we've seen during this time when d Anthony Melton has been in and out of the starting lineup, and of course, when you can separate the two of them as the two, let's say, most primary ball handlers on the team, you try to But what coach said was that he's liked the way they work together. Tyresee has talked about Pat as a bit of a mentor this season. Pat has talked about immediately on the court following the team's most recent win over Houston at the time of this recording, talked about what a pleasure it's been to just be a small part of Tyrese's development. So the two of them developing certainly an on court relationship, also a mentor mentee off court relationship, and now seeing them share minutes together, it has been interesting to watch it. And look, you hope that in the playoffs they're not going to share the floor nearly as much as we're seeing this week or next week without d Anthony Melton, but to learn to play together, to continue to set the tone together. That was a phrase that both of them have used lately and they use in practice. Tyrese likes to call out to pat Bev. He says, Pat Bev, set the tone, and then Pat Bev says, you know, I'm already set in the tone before every practice pretty much. So the two of them have a cool little relationship as one of the oldest and one of the youngest guys on the team, but to whom much is asked similarly when they're out on the floor. So cool to see them sort of developing together.
Speaker 4: I also think that when those two play together, it allows pat Bev to take the primary ball handler on defense, which allows Maxi to catch a little bit more rest on the defensive end, because again, much as being asked of tyres on the offensive end, and throughout the course of this season, in the playoffs, the energy levels, the amount of energy he's gonna have to exert is going to take a toll on him. So having another guard that can now guard the other team's primary ball handler will allow Tyresse to take a step back and maybe conserve some energy on that end of the floor.
Speaker 2: And worth noting learning a thing or two about about defense is Tyrese Maxey from Patrick Beverly, and that's been really cool to watch as well. Over the last few weeks, Nick Nurse has really commended tyres for the way that he's up his defensive intensity, and it make no mistake, Patrick Beverly plays a huge role in the things that Tyrese has learned as an undersized guard to who much is asked on the defensive end, learning and growing into that type of role. They've had a cool influence on one another for sure.
Speaker 3: As we wind down with our last couple of minutes before the conversation with Sixers coach Bobby Jackson, the live lineup report is in for Denver. They had all five starters questionable added to the injury report kind of surprisingly, but they were all upgraded to probable this afternoon and they are all starting. Murray Kentavious Caldwell, Pope, Michael Porter Junior, Aaron Gordon, and Nikola Jokich. So it's that Sixers Nuggets showdown and if this game is tight, Nickstauskas special teams cannot be underrated. It's something I covered with Coach Jackson. It's important part of basketball at all levels, and the NBA.
Speaker 4: Execution on those plays can lead to a lot of easy points. You know, a lot of guys on the defensive end fall asleep, whether it be an ato, a sideline out of bounds, baseline up to bounds. You know, teams are becoming more and more creative with the sets they run in these situations, and being precise with your sets is going to get you a couple easy layups and threes every game, and those things add up over the course of the season. You know, will it make or break a championship, maybe not, but on a single game basis, it can be the it can be the determining factor. So I'm looking forward to hearing what Bobia has to say about special teams.
Speaker 3: Well, our next show of Sixers and sixty because of a Flyers game next week, will be before a matchup against Victor Wembinyama and the San Antonio Spurs here, So the Sixers are on the road Orlando and Charlotte, then home against Wembinyama in the Spurs. So that is what we have to look forward to next. But in the immediate it's Sixers Nuggets, and currently we do not know anything about how this game is going to play out and what the special team situation might call for down the stretch. But always a lot of fun with you guys. We've got MVPs in the building, Yokic having one two and then Joel winning the most recent NBA MVP. So Sixers and Nuggets zero up next. But Lauren Rosen, Nick Sauskas, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Matt Murphy, thank you.
Speaker 3: The conversation coming up with Bobby Jackson begins with a day in the life of a Sixers coach in preparing for an NBA basketball game.
Speaker 5: Oh man, just getting in early, making sure well we have you know, the game plan in order, whether it's you know, offense, defense, special teams, a lot of video watching, going over matchups right, and then a walk through, making sure the guys are ready to go through the walkthrough, locked in, paying attention to detail, just going over plays just to make sure we execute what the game happens. And you know, I think the preparation that we put into it and giving them the guys the info for them to be successful has been you know, a huge part of why we've been successful this year.
Speaker 3: And I know all of the assistant coaches kind of touch each different part of the game. Right, you're not just the offensive person, you're not just the defensive person. But when it comes to special teams, for those who don't know what do basketball special teams entail.
Speaker 5: Man, it's actually it's really detail right and right. You know, special teams are kind of broken down in like five five different categories. Side out of bounds, based online out of bounds ATOS, end of quarters, end of game, right zone.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 5: It's a lot, So you have to pay attention to a lot of different areas of the game because at the end of game or in certain situations, it's gonna come down to ATO. It's gonna come down to the end of the game. It's gonna come down to solb bob and just going to make sure we have the right information and the guys have the right information when they step on the floor.
Speaker 3: The abbreviation ATO would be after time. Some of those things, yes, you kind of said full out before you abbreviated them, but you as a player, obviously that's tremendously impacted you as a coach. And Western Nebraska Community College, University of Minnesota can go down the list here ninety seven Final four All American All that's a Big Ten Player of the Year and then at the highest level, spent half your career with the Sacramento Kings two thousand and three sixth Man of the Year. So with that award in your background, what have you noticed about players coming off the Sixers bench, such as Pat Beverly, Marcus Morris and others.
Speaker 5: Being ready to play right? And I think that's probably the toughest part of the job, coming off the bench, being able to be ready to play, bringing energy and effort every single minute that you step on the floor and not taking a job lightly right and understanding this is a personnel league, right, knowing God's stremps and weaknesses, but also making sure your game is tight and you work on it so once the game your numbers called like, you can go out and be successful.
Speaker 3: Matt Murphy here with Sixers assistant coach Bobby Jackson on six ers and sixty. You return to the Kings organization in a variety of roles on the front of the coaching staff in recent years. You were head coach of the Stockton Kings for two G League seasons.
Speaker 5: What did you learn a lot my first year, I didn't know what I was doing, right, I just knew I wanted to coach, and it was a learning experience for me. Right, And the G League is way different than the NBA. It's a grind. You get your talent level is not like a real NBA team, but there are some quality basketball players. Your travel hotel, you gotta take, you gotta go, you gotta take commercial flights, wake up early at five at sixt o'clock in the morning to get to the next city. It's a grind, and it's grind is grinding as gritty. But the one thing I learned is you know how to build relationships and communicate with guys right and getting guys to buy into doing things the right way. And this is the one thing that I loved about it. But then also you know, I've learned how to manage the game. You know, down the stretch, who to have on the floor right drawing up an ato, there's certain getting one, getting certain guys involved in the game that hasn't touched the ball in a while. So it just develops you your overall instinct and impact of the game, so you can be successful once if you get that call up in the NBA.
Speaker 3: We've talked a lot on our show and pregame shows and all that about Nick Nurse having G League experience, but a lot of you have that G League experience. And something that I find interesting is when you're trying to replicate an NBA team's system. The upcoming matchup for the Sixers is kind of interesting. Sixers Nuggets, but their G League teams don't have a Jokic, don't have an EMBIID, so the personnel is different, but you are trying to do some of the similar things so that when come up to the NBA that they have an idea of what's going on. And Nick Nurse has been complimentary of the current six Ers two way players not being too far off when they come up and see what you guys are running. But how much of a challenge is that? Just personnel wise being different, It's very challenging.
Speaker 5: Like you said, you don't have a Joel, you don't have a Jokic, right, and I think the biggest thing you don't have a Tyrese MAXI. I think the biggest thing is just being in alignment the G League, being in alignment with the big team, you know, running the same play as having the same side out and baseline out of bound plays right, because guys don't fluctuate, they gonna come and go. So the terminology and being in alignment with the big league team, it just flows perfectly. And so when guys come up and go down, then not lost about what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Right in the.
Speaker 5: Biggest thing in the g is just being able to compete for forty eight minutes once you step on the floor.
Speaker 3: Rewinding back to your NBA draft experience, nineteen ninety seven, number twenty three overall pick by Seattle but end up with the Denver Nuggets. That was the Tim Duncan Draft. The Sixers actually picked Keith van Horne's second overall in that draft, and then Chauncey Billups was picked. But you're a Salisbury, North Carolina guy in the draft was in Charlotte, so you went, yes, what do you remember about being there?
Speaker 2: Number one?
Speaker 5: Not getting about it to the draft, right, especially with the accolades that I accomplished my senior year, A little dis hard. Now, I went, I brought my whole family a right, we in the stands. Name got called and rust was history, right, and so you know, I think that says a lot. And I like to tell young guys like you never know what your destiny is or how hard you work, and it may not go your way. You just gotta keep plugging. You gotta keep plugging, you gotta keep working hard. So that was just a defining moment, not just for me, but before my family as well. Right, just to be put on the map the draft, being Charlotte right and understanding, like being able to accomplish something that I worked my whole life to get to.
Speaker 3: And finally at the Draft, the actually saw on YouTube a clip they showed your family in the arena, they showed your mom. So tell us more about the Tell Sixers fans and people in the greater Philadelphia area about the Bobby Jackson Foundation and how they can learn more about it.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, this is year.
Speaker 5: What started in two thousand and four when my mom passed away from breast cancer. So the Bobby Jackson Foundation has it started centered around trying to find a cure for breast cancer. Now I'm raising money for every type of organization you can name, whether it's a boys and girls club, whether it's Christmas a Christmas drive, whether there's Turkey giveaways, whether it's you know, sex trafficking in Sacramento, whether it's working with the California Highway Patrol to feed families doing it and feed the homeless, you know, getting socked. So my foundation kind of focused on a lot of different areas because I think in the world, it's so many different people that need to be blessed and be touched.
Speaker 1: So that's what we do.
Speaker 5: We just make sure we try to put our hands and make sure we impact the community and the city of Sacramento.
Speaker 3: That's great work. Thank you so much Coach for the time.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you