Speaker 1: I always giggle when people post those things or like my cat took a dump on the floor and the roomba spread it everywhere. And yeah, that's the part where it's not the smartest thing, now, is it.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about those kinds of casualties.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, there are like people posting l's of like zoom room, I said, zooma roomba. Like just scat scattering, scatterings, scat scattering, Yeah, scat scattering, scat scattering, the new head of the DEA. It sounds like someone Trump would a point scat scattering, the new head.
Speaker 3: Of the EPA, some dude named scattered. Probably, Oh yeah, that's that's scat. That's scat scattering.
Speaker 2: Scouts scattering running per yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Is he the guy that like bit that rabbit's ear off, Yes, yeah, that's that's scout scattering.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, him fighter, Yeah, yeah, exactly, if we're UFC fighter scout scattering, he's uh, he's the new head of the Department of Education.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he doing a bunch of hgh Yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Did he make all this money selling supplements exactly?
Speaker 1: And then lost him on that lawsuit? Yeah, and he got.
Speaker 3: Big trouble because it was just meth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like a major business local.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, it's just like not very profitable to actual drug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just found a way to repackage efrogerine into like other things that people could buy to do their own home.
Speaker 3: Get a cave full of.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: I think it's called a terrine here, but I watched so many weird drug things with Australians like, yeah, he's got a big pile of me and fit of money and.
Speaker 3: You can see it right there. He's smoking it off aluminium. So you have a lot of ifagerying you brought back with you from Vietnam.
Speaker 1: What's what's the purpose of all this ipagery set?
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three, sixty seven, Episode two of trny th Guys. Yeah, it's a production of by Heart Radio. It's a podcast where we take a deep to Avenue American share Counciusness. We now have the YouTube channel YouTube Slash Daily's like ice pod. Go check out us. What we look like saying words? Yes, what we look like saying words? Saying words. It's Tuesday, December third, twenty twenty four. Sure to be a December to remember Miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, truly a December to remember to the And it's in the way that Lexus intended. It's also World Trick Shot Day. It's also it's Giving Tuesday. Let's not forget we just had cyber had a case of the cyber Mondays. Now you should get a case of the Giving Tuesdays. And it's National roof over your Head Day, And I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: It's probably something let's see.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's really about acknowledging people that don't have roofs over their heads.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's just a weird like national Hey look at me, I'm balling over here, Doug.
Speaker 1: It's it's like a way to just it's like Giving Tuesdays sort of like hey, hey, hey, remember that there are.
Speaker 3: People less fortunate than you. Want to do some about it. I always think Giving Tuesdays like it's Giving Tuesday. Oh yeah, that wasn't that a tweet that we just killing us? Yeah? Yeah? Or anyways, anyway, anyway, anyways, anyway, however you want to say, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Twuday, is just another day that does I guess we'll give you the news by now. You're scrolling on down trying to sort the clickbait from truth. I don't subscribe to anybody's feeds the way I do like and subscribe that is courtesy less than zero on the discord less than sign x three ro as I like to call them, but apparently I'm told that's less than zero. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 1: Rights Miles Gray aka straight off that Miles of Gravy, Gravy of Juice, sleep codes.
Speaker 3: I a some gray by and fell last sleep guys.
Speaker 1: So excited and I'm in too deep well gravy and I feel all right. Baby is Thanksgiving at the Daily night.
Speaker 3: Okay, shut up the picture man. That's a new look. That seems like a newcomer to these discord parts. Picture man.
Speaker 1: I will give to the other people requesting invice to the discord that we're hitting me up on.
Speaker 3: Blue Sky just.
Speaker 1: Took a bit of a breather from the social media. I will get back to sending out the invitation. So thank you for that wonderful Britney Spears inspired.
Speaker 3: K That was beautiful. I actually couldn't remember who sang that song. I did recognize it, but I couldn't remember who sang it, and I thought it could have easily been a Backstreet Boys song or an End Sink song like it kind of that's what it was. It was Giving Tuesday in sync. It was Giving Tuesday. Anyways. Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat by an award winning comedian and co host of the Good Muslim, Bad Muslim podcast featured on Oprah Magazine. She is the pop Culture Collaborative Senior Fellow on Comedy for Social Change. It's the brilliant, the talented Zara Normal. I O god, hi, Hey, my god.
Speaker 2: Thanksgiving was delicious.
Speaker 3: We had turkey. Wow to hear that.
Speaker 1: I was curious what people eat on Thanksgiving, and it is turkey.
Speaker 2: It turns out I also had ham for the first time, for the first time in my life. Oh okay, I'm the pork eating Muslim, but ham for the first time I Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like a side meat along with the turkey.
Speaker 2: It was a side meat. Why do we eat turkey?
Speaker 3: I think the turkey pair is better with the savory sides. So I do I do two plates? My first plate turkey stuffing Mashy potatoes and some grave and then on the ham one I like to go with like the sweet potato casserole on the side there because that like has the I feel like ham goes well with the sweet Ham's a little bit of a sweetie.
Speaker 2: It was super sweet. It was all buttery and delicious and very salty. And I'm still puffy.
Speaker 3: Are you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel I'm going to be bloated for I don't know a couple of months.
Speaker 3: This dang wedding ring won't come off. That's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm about to go to the club and all out, thank you.
Speaker 3: I feel like for all the guff the turkey gets, and we give it a lot of guff on this podcast. I'll tell you the dryness, I feel like is the thing that made people come out of their comfort zone and invent gravy and stuffing and mashed potatoes and all those wonderful moist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like you're talking about my vagina.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, you gotta have that with a ci potato.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I want to talk about? Clear your calendar?
Speaker 3: Yeah, your agenda.
Speaker 2: I celebrated this year twenty years of marriage with my husband.
Speaker 4: Congratulates even that long middle years. Yeah, Coos, you're exactly twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm canonically right, right, I mean canonically. I don't know what that means because I don't do mental math. But it's a long time a woman, this long monoga homously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the monogues Patrick Monogue.
Speaker 2: Though dedicated to one dick.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, And that's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go around saying, yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, just get a T shirt to celebrate your anniversary dedicated to one dick for twenty years in counting.
Speaker 2: I'm not one of those people that need to like celebrate her husband's dick for everyone. Yeah, yeah, sure, I don't need to talk about like how big it is and how hard he goes and how I'm just orgasming all the time. I don't need to do that.
Speaker 1: Isn't like a consolation thing for the penis have to like always talk about it. It's like, so, thank you so much for talking about how hard my husband's dick is.
Speaker 2: Like, uh, that.
Speaker 1: You're doing.
Speaker 3: You're doing the.
Speaker 2: His dick is so big it's split.
Speaker 1: Wow, I get shockered.
Speaker 2: It's been twenty years.
Speaker 3: By the one dick. Wow. That's pretty impressive and strange, but kind of.
Speaker 2: It's also studied with like an std from like two thousand and four that we never investigate.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, yeah, runs ruins the marriage to ask questions.
Speaker 2: We had that for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: That's just an added feature, exactly. Pretty great, that's pretty great. All Right, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in the moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're gonna check in with a couple of the Blame Game Democrat articles, and we're going to talk about brain rot being Oxford's word of the Year sectionary brain rot. Yes, and uh. And we'll also check the my Cheryl Hines, who is cool and good and we love her, don't we, folks? All of that plenty more. But first, are we do like to ask our guests what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are? Okay?
Speaker 2: I was looking up Lassie.
Speaker 3: Lassie like mass like the drink. Okay, yeah, because I'm sorry, my whiteness got in the way there. I was like, she's saying someone stuck in the old mind shaft.
Speaker 2: I my daughter, who's a toddler.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, I know, maybe.
Speaker 2: She randomly out of nowhere, grabbed a glass of water, grabbed her yogurt and poured yogurt into the water and mixed it and drank it.
Speaker 3: Oh ship, okay, genius over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she and she just made herself a lassie that and is that?
Speaker 3: What is that? What a lassie is exactly? I mean I know it's yogurt, yogurt mixed with water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean it's that's the base, and then you based off you know, culture and also preferences, you mix it with others. So I was like, what kinds of losses are out there? Because the Persian lassy is just like yogurt and salt, and it's like usually carbonated water, a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of egg cream no egg Yeah, there's a drink called egg Creams that's just chocolate milk mixed with carbonated water and everybody thinks it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Delicious and it usually actually Yeah, I remember the first time I bought that at a supermarket as a kid, and I'm like, yeah, this is gonna be good.
Speaker 3: What kind of boomer poison? Is this one of the great names that over promises so fucking hard? Yeah, is like, oh my god, is this gonna be like a Cabaret cream egg.
Speaker 2: It's a way to get your protein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like someone who worked at an ice cream shop burned into your mouth.
Speaker 3: It really seems like an accident. It seems like what the thing you do where you like try mixing milk with various things. Six years old?
Speaker 2: That yeah, yeah, she's just straight up was like, I'm gonna do yogurt.
Speaker 3: Invented the mango lass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean there's no mango because the Persian, the South Asian diaspora has the mango lossy.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But then I was like, wait, so what region? So then I was like googling, Yeah, rose loss That's why I found like rose losties and cart of mom lassis and mango lost season. But then Persian is like salty mint lossy.
Speaker 1: So everyone's got their yogurt water turn up drink. You turn up on it. But you know, it's a nice it's a fun drink.
Speaker 3: It was fast. Yeah. My children just had their first experience with a pina colada this past Thanksgiving, and there they can't get enough, like Dominican or Puerto Rican. Yeah, the dark spice drum yeah, okay cool, Yeah, Hey, it's good for them then enjoy it and Daddy gets a little break, you know.
Speaker 2: Because they're drunk and they're wasted.
Speaker 3: Well they go up somewhere Appleton when they're drunk. They're legally not my problem. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Okay, the leaf Blower Cartel.
Speaker 3: Go on, what do you mean? Those are just dream nothing nothing there?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going to need you to investigate and really look into this. Okay, you can't you. I found out that there's this whole process to how leaf blowers get hired, and that like you can't cancel a leaf blow?
Speaker 3: What do you mean can't cancel a leaf blow?
Speaker 2: So, like I looked into this because they're everywhere, and they're all the time, and even when there's like a storm and wind like crazy wind, they're still leaf blowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're just out there battling the elements, facing down a windstorm with a leaf blow.
Speaker 2: Way why and like even during the wildfires. I mean, this might be a specifically California problem. But this is what I want to find out, This is what I want to know. My podcast, leaf Blower Cartel is going to dive in.
Speaker 3: Just open.
Speaker 2: I'm not afraid.
Speaker 1: Okay, a lot of people have tried this idea is are I told you off, Mike, A lot of people got too close to the l C.
Speaker 2: I'd be lying a fight and say it was a little bit scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah you should be. You should be.
Speaker 1: Then then you know the task ahead of you. And nobody's fucking with LBC like that, not even.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna quit.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, but I don't understand like you're saying that, you like, don't what doesn't that something gardeners do? People higher specific leaf blowing.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is much like one of those things where like you can't there there's like a contract in place, and they're.
Speaker 3: Like sacred packed is what we call it.
Speaker 2: But that's why I think it's a cartel, because the douple of power. There's so much power. We can't get rid of the leaf blowers. I mean even to the degree that like they couldn't remember how hard it was to get rid of the diesel exhaust emitting leaf blower for like the battery powered.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's still that battle still rages in LA where they're like most most people they're like yeah, all right, asshole, more on that later.
Speaker 3: I'm still using the gas one.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense. It doesn't make any sense. And I think corruption.
Speaker 3: It's got that like same thing. Have you ever smelled a wave runner like that? It like smells like both gasoline twice in the last.
Speaker 2: It's bad for everybody. It's bad for the guys working it because the sound and there are sinuses and they're like, you know, they're not having a good time.
Speaker 1: I think that there was a lot of pushback on those ordinances in LA because they're like, to switch technology is like a lot of money, and you're asking people that already make very little money from doing gardening to like suddenly be like, all right, well not going to throw this thing out and buy this new thing that also works as well.
Speaker 3: There's always I always see this.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like State. Wasn't it like State?
Speaker 1: There could be I just know some like parts of the city, like certain parts of like you know, the unincorporated cities of LA will go harder on these kinds of things, like in Santa Monica or like Pasadena or something.
Speaker 3: Going to be electric.
Speaker 1: No, it probably does cut down on pollution.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't want to, you know, ruin the little man's you knows that could just be covered for this cartel livelihood. I don't want to fuck with their equipment. I just want to end the entire practice and industry and put them all out of a job.
Speaker 3: Thank you, but not the little guys. They can remain. Everyone else. You're gone.
Speaker 2: For the California laborer.
Speaker 3: And while I'm at it, those little scanning guns at the grocery store can go get fucked. Okay, those should be illegal. I don't want to hear that beep noise anymore. Ye. Leaf flowers are a lot of a lot of exhaust. Like you can like smell them from a long ways away. You can hear them from a long ways away, and they do seem to just be spreading, spreading shit like from one person's yard into another. They're like, yeah, well we have the leaf blower, so now these are your leaves. You know.
Speaker 1: The funniest part is like I'll be riding my bike and there'll be someone like leaf blowing like all the shit off of someone's like yard and into the street, and inevitably, I fucking like I'm in fucking dune or some ship in a leaf blower storm, and I'm just taking full blung breaths of that ship. I'm like, could you wait two seconds for my bike to pass through this ship?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Just eyes that don't open anymore. Yeah, right, I'm not going to give up. You are, you are marked, You're They're they're gonna take notice of you. The LBC.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm more worried about the LBC than I am the Trump administration, to be honest, And I feel bad saying that on Mike because I don't want to reveal the power of the leaf floor cartel.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to be associated with Zara. I'm just saying I'm on your side. Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Can I just say something off the record. Yeah, I'm a huge coward.
Speaker 3: For I chose the wrong Let me get up.
Speaker 2: Under gun.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, you sound like someone's good. You ever try this stuff?
Speaker 1: Sound like a Democrat who's just been elected to the House of Representatives.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, I know, I said all that stuff on the way here, I'm like a big coward, big time. I won't stand on any of that ship. I said. By the way, have you ever tried a leaf blower?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Do I need to?
Speaker 2: Is it like a gun?
Speaker 3: It's like a gun? Yeah, it is. It's a great feeling to just feel like you're an entire yard out like I.
Speaker 2: Don't need to because I've got twenty years of husband, Dick.
Speaker 3: You're you're compensating, Jack, I got yeah, constantly peeling the label off my drinks and going into the backyard and just go nuts with the leaf blower holding it between my legs, blast to the leaves from one side of the yard to the other. Hot. It is a lot of fun. I mean, one of the things. So I don't we don't have a gas power bone. We have a plug in one and you can you turn it meet Yes, me too, that's probably not It was pronounced in me too, brute, Me too, brute one brutus got canceled, me too, brute audience. But when you can leave the switch on and then plug it in and the thing just due to you know, jet propulsion will just like fly across the art, it's kind of fun. Fun for the kids, fun for the kids. And that is basically my only aim. What is Zara something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm really not going to make friends today. Instagram horoscopes, m.
Speaker 3: And now you've pissed me off. Go on, what I changed?
Speaker 1: My mind, I'm a coward again.
Speaker 3: You guys hate them? Yeah, you love them.
Speaker 2: I love them too, except that they're bullshit. Okay, here's what Instagram this this kind of makes me a little bit like all right, we're all like I'll see activists that are like so hardcore, you know what I mean? But they're like, whole platform is Instagram and I'm like, do you know who runs it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just the dissonance of like, yeah, the platform that's you're using.
Speaker 2: And I mean not because it's evil. I mean, of course there's that, but like everything's tied to evil nowadays because of all the monopolies, right, so it's like impossible to circumvent evil, but because of how activism is derailed and controlled with echo chambering and careful pocketing, Like what are we doing? You know what I mean? Like it's the dissemination of information on this platform. They are watching and making sure that you don't do anything really.
Speaker 1: Useful, right, that it's not getting outside of like accounts of like ematically convert. You're not going to convert any of these people, and it's not going to be fed to people that could potentially interact with this information.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and there isn't any kind of like activism that I'm seeing. I mean, not no kind, but there isn't a kind that is accessible to folks out there that that is something else other than like sub stack honestly, where you can like reach your own crew and not be sort of shepherded by algorithms that are already being paid a ton of money by conservative parties to make sure that you don't actually create any meaningful change. And there's so much biometric data that Instagram is able to function off of, from reading how your face flushes, to your pupils dilating, to also being able to listen to your pulse and your breath. And this biometric data has been available and getting better since, Like I think it's like, I don't know, the when I first heard about it was twenty nineteen, so I know it's longer than that, right, And then people will see horoscopes that are like so specifically catered to them and feel like astrology is like so you know, it's surreally clairvoyantly accurate, and I'm like, no, that's your fucking algorithm at work, man. Instagram is on top of its shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, god, AI is the one thing is like this is going to be the thing that AI is good for. What are we going to do when we get harder pairing with the algorithm and do it and like telling you exactly what you want to hear, exactly what you.
Speaker 2: Want to hear. Yeah, Like you just got off an angry text exchange with a friend and you're pissed off, and then now you're on Instagram scrolling and like it tells you, you know, are you in an abusive relationship? And it like you know, gives you everything you need to feel reinforced and validated and to spike up your BP. Yeah, you know, and then you get handed that horoscope that's like this is a time for you to ghost and disconnect and do.
Speaker 3: You right right right? Yeah, cut off all your friends who are not me Instagram.
Speaker 2: And then meanwhile, the rise of fascism, you know what I mean. That's all I'm saying. That's all I'm saying. I'm saying that your horoscope on Instagram is just a tool of fascism.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think the writing was on the wall when people were like, you know, you have to go in your settings on Instagram to like make sure you're seeing like political content because by defense for a lot of people, Yeah, it's just like remember, remember that's what's happening there. And I think people, you know, even looking at like Twitter, same thing was happening too, where they very much were like people were just talking to each other and thinking there was other engagement. I think it's the same way. Like you see like liberals too be like what the heck happened? It seemed all fine, everything was going great according to this like algorithmically curated feed I was looking at every day, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, real talk. My views in stories went from five thousand, four thousand, two thousand floating up in there to eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah when I.
Speaker 3: Started, Yeah, a lot of people's yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: When they instituted the quote unquote political censoring right in twenty twenty one, that was supposed to be because of the capital that was supposed to be targeted at white supremacists that were trying to kill Congress people. Right, but you know, here I am with like seven views and then now with shadow banning and any talk about Palestine, like forget it.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, I feel like that is a pretty common experience these days across a lot of social.
Speaker 2: Media that's not what I'm complaining about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the horoscopes first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I do think, yeah, I think this is probably underrated and it will continue to be underrated for all of Like I've talked before about the inventor of the loudspeaker blamed himself for the rise of fascism in the thirties, which seems ridiculous to us now because we're like, what, like why would that have contributed to it? But it's like when a technology comes along that brings us things that were like not prepared for, that we haven't like been able to like mentally like remap our brains around people, Like there's chaos and people can get away with a lot of fucked up shit. I do feel like.
Speaker 2: The other thing, Oh no, you didn't finish, please finish.
Speaker 3: That was just good. I do feel like we are in an age where technology is moving so fast and we don't quite know how to how to deal and so this is, right, another rise of fashions. All right, yeah, sorry, go on.
Speaker 2: Thank you, I will Furthermore I would like to say, is you just have to listen to me?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, thanks, yeah, but your shadow band I don't even see none of your stuff anymore.
Speaker 2: God damn it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come over like Maga Angel nineteen or seventeen seventy six, and then maybe your content.
Speaker 3: That's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: So there's actually a study that came out about cognition, like are not cognition, but like our cognitive ability as a nation has significantly decreased. And the way that we used to say, I mean, surprise years of Betsy Devas, here we are, and we used to say, like, you know, are you smarter than a fifth grader? But now like the national level is about third grade, right, yeah. And one of the things that comes with that is our inability to to do algebra in our head, like mental algebra, not like literal algebra, but like being able to think about systems and not just one for one. Everything is like who did this to me? You did this to me? It's like blame game, pointing fingers, and there's no conversation about like systems, about the algorithm that we all house our conversations on, regardless of its politics or ours.
Speaker 3: You know, right anyway, Yeah, I do feel like we're being actively deceived by like vast, very sophisticated systems.
Speaker 2: And there's like an a yago in our head all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and don't I don't think it's a irrevocable like change the way like when people compare us to idiocracy, it's like I feel like the culture is pushing as in one direction, and a lot of technologies are pushing as in one direction. But I don't think that like humanity by design has just like gotten dumber like that. The brain hasn't changed in millennia. It's not gonna it's not changing right now. It's I don't think we have brain rot. But what a great transition to the next act. Holy shit, Wow, we're gonna take a quick break and then we're going to come back and we'll talk about continue talking about all this ship. We'll be right back. And we're back. We're back and miles like once a week. We like to gird ourselves and just take another peek back into the Democratic Party, the mainstream media, all all the places where people are like, wait, what happened did this to us? Who did this to us? Us? The people that control the hot dog suit guy? Yeah, who did this? I mean yeah?
Speaker 1: The finger point tingfest continues for Democrats. Most of the pieces again I read doing varying degrees of like the progressives fucked us, and then like the more I guess like sort of balanced ones are like was it the progressives that fucked us?
Speaker 3: This kind of like the total difference.
Speaker 1: But there's a piece in Vox specifically that speaks like, you know, it's like some Harris campaign saffers other Democrats and things like that, and they're all like, we didn't lose because anything we did, it's because of the groups.
Speaker 3: As they say, this is now the like did like a lot of people talk about the.
Speaker 1: Groups, meaning progressive activists, Like even they're even talking about like Planned parenthood or the ACLU.
Speaker 3: They're lumping into this shit.
Speaker 1: It's like it's the groups, man, that are just making us do all this stuff to like they're pulling us to the left. And I guess they were just saying, like in this election, they just listened too much them. This is one of the paragraphs in this box piece quote. And of course Harris lost. How much blame, if any, the groups should get for that has become a matter of intense debate. Progressive group defenders point out that Harris tried to pivot to the center and that the Biden administration's record on inflation and immigration were her two biggest vulnerabilities. The group's critics say Harris's group influenced positions from the twenty twenty primary, weighed her down, and Democrats ran into political trouble on inflation and immigration in part because of the group's bad advice. So they took like so many of these thoughts or ideas are so disconnected. Like one was like, it's because of what she said in the past. Was I guess what they were trying to say. It was like she got too influenced by the groups in her past. So then that gave Republicans the sort of ammunition to run on their attack ads. Again, you didn't take anyone's fucking advice, because if you look at what was actually proposed or even articulated in the Democratic platform, you took fragments of ideas that made you look but potentially like change agents, but didn't follow through on the actual change part. So I think that's the most crucial part of all this dumb fucking analysis that isn't being talked about, was like we just took their advice. It's like the well did they and to what extent and to what extent, were they actually following through on the things that the groups were saying we're gonna benefit people or motivate people. It's like the Democrats are saying, like, Okay, we get it. You're saying that genocide is bad, and then secretly like, we will continue to arm Israel.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine. Or you're saying, okay, we get it.
Speaker 1: Saying that immigrants are part of this country and deserve the respect of being offered a pathway to citizenship.
Speaker 3: I guess that will motivate people.
Speaker 1: And then in the shadows you're rebranding is like Kirkland signature nativists, Like what in what fucking world did they take any of this advice? So again, the final sentence I think is interesting, he said, quote the groups might not be so effective at winning Democrats votes, but they still might be able to drive some away. Now wow, well told all right, status Quo defended those grips.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I just love how like like media outlets are like able to be like let's try and understand the mind of a racist homophobe and normalize that, but again uncompletely unable to contend with like I like sort of explaining something that's remotely progressive, and how that would actually be beneficial without having to always like sour those articles, like and a lot of experts who are you know, mile like years beyond their primes are saying this is actually really bad and we should listen to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the fact that they changed their positions on those things from twenty twenty like suggest that you are trying them on as a costume that you think might fool people get. Which is the Democratic Party's problem is that they, you know, also the establishment Republican Party before Trump came along, like they were willing to say whatever it seemed like was going to get them the votes, and that people became caught onto that decades ago and no longer are going to fall for that shit. Yeah. Even so, there's this podcast from Ezra Kline on The New York Times where he interviewed Bernie's twenty twenty campaign manager, and the podcast is called like would Bernie Have Won? And you know, it's trying to get at these big conversations because the Democratic Party seems split between the idea of like should they be should they have been more progressive? And like had convictions and stuck to them. I would argue yes, or should they have actually should they just like give up on ever having convictions and just continue to try on whatever voters seemed to want and in this case, just like you know, try and become Republicans, which seems to be the solution. That seems to be the solution the mainstream media is going to go with. I mean, it doesn't seem it is. It's what they're going to go with. It's what the candidate that they're all going to say is winning. Heading into like the twenty twenty eight primaries will be for and it's going to require like somebody to come out of nowhere and to actually just have like the courage of their convictions and like to like actually target the status quo in some way. But like even this person who was like Bernie's twenty twenty campaign manager, like he's still so thoroughly a strategist, Like he treats telling people that the system is rigged against them like it's like a martial arts move. He's like, now see, I'm walking you into it. Here are some stories specifically that I know are challenging in this modern economy, but that I have constructive solutions to. And then he's like, I'm gonna tell you the story up top, and then I'm gonna and it's just like, I don't know. It feels like they are treating again, like over complicating it and making it all part of like some strategy for deceiving people, as opposed to just being like having these main central convictions and not being able to like be shaken off of them just because you're being criticized by the New York Times. Like I think whoever or whatever this new position is, is going to have to open the conversation at like neoliberalism is the problem. Therefore the Democratic Party and the mainstream media are the problem. They are lying to you as our corporations and the wealthy, these are the bad guys. Every solution they raise needs to be viewed suspiciously because that is how people are viewing it now. But they also like talk about how Bernie Sanders in the most recent election like ran behind Harris, and I think that's actually instructoral, Like his support I think is waning because he has become part of like the mainstream Democratic Party, and like since like when people are talking about how like a leftist sort of anti establishment solution needs to be what people battle trump Ism with. I think it needs to be like twenty sixteen Bernie, and not like Bernie. First of all, not Bernie actual Bernie Sanders in twenty twenty eight when he's like ninety years old, but also like also not somebody who's like, I don't know, like he was also tainted by the fucking Biden ministry, and.
Speaker 1: He definitely would like things he was pretty vocal about would get pretty quiet about and you're like, what happened, yeah here, But again it's like the maneuvering of like anyone you know in the on the hill right now. But I think even then, like even like say neoliberal and like that's too far, that's too far for most people. I think when the easier thing is like billion it's built like we need to go after a billion it's billionaires, billionaires?
Speaker 2: Why are there so many billionaires?
Speaker 1: All roads lead back to bill y'all get that, right, y'all probably work for one and they're not sharing anything with you, right, we can all kind of.
Speaker 3: Like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And not only are they not sharing anything with us, I just found out recently that the way insurance is structured now your employer is the one that's opting out of certain out of network like practitioners, Your employer is the one making them out of network because they get a kickback.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, Yeah. All health insurance is like part of this thing that I think people are innately like responding to in all these political scenarios where it's like it's intentionally complicated, it's intentionally designed to fuck you over by like making using it incredibly difficult, and the people who gain from it are corporations and extremely wealthy people. And then they're like this works for you, people like yah, yeah, I mean, oh, there's so many directions I could go with this, but like the I feel like we needed Bernie twenty sixteen back in two thousand and eight, right, you know, like the these the anti trust laws, like the monopolies, the amount of like data mining that's happening that like should be illegal, Like you should have to pay me for how much information you take from me.
Speaker 2: That used to be the case. You know, Like there's so many things that because of how rapidly technology is advancing, we just don't have regulation on. And then big business gets to be like, well if you regulate us, we out, you know, and then everybody scared, and at the end of the day, I feel like the average person is exhausted and broke right, you know, and and in need of medical care for them and their kids, and like you just want the person who's gonna make all of that go away. And I don't like I feel like to me, the thing that we point to and say, like you did this, the only person who should get that finger is the Democratic establishment. That was your job. Your job was to win. Like whatever reason you have, this is Monday night quarterbacking, it's too late. You were supposed to have the conversation with Biden sooner. You were supposed to get your candidate out there sooner, Like you were supposed to do this groundwork and get these quote unquote groups together. That's your job. Everyone else has a job. We all are trying to keep our jobs well, busting our asses. We got our kids, or we don't have kids, and we're trying to climb ladders who are just trying to keep our head afloat. You have one job, that's to get re elected. Nobody else has that job. It's you, ma'am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Even in that piece, that box piece in the end, They're like, but even though like the groups are kind of like the problem, it's like that it sort of admits like the Democrats need all of these groups like enthusiastic and energized to win elections.
Speaker 3: And you're like, well, what the fuck is this whole thing about? Like this one sentence convincing?
Speaker 2: I think you're talking about quote unquote these groups, right, but like it's like sixty percent of white men voted for Trump.
Speaker 3: Go after that.
Speaker 2: Grit, Like, why is the flame on like the four percent?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was the thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was saying like in the lead up to the election too, when there's all this hangar, like what are black men gonna do it? So I'm like, talk about white people, right, that's a bigger that's a numerically a bigger group that you need to contend with that can actually sway an election, rather than being like, well, we've given up on white supremacy and anything we can do about that or misogyny or whatever. So it's like, let's find these other people to sort of make the main actors. And to your point, also like like with our comprehension, it's all we're again, we're people blaming and not fucking system blaming.
Speaker 3: And that's right, and that's the thing.
Speaker 1: If we keep if we continue the cycle of people blaming, then the system continues to thrive. And then we that's that's what they want.
Speaker 3: That's the part we need to zoom out on.
Speaker 1: And I think that's Unfortunately the people that are in positions of power, that are the editors of these places and other things, they're like, bro, we're not doing any system blaming right now, come on the system.
Speaker 2: You know. This is where I get annoyed too, because, like the if what they're saying about all these like quote unquote groups you know, is like, you just want more democratic fascism. I'm on board. Do you just need us, the liberals, to be more fascist in our liberalness? Like, okay, we are all like, yeah, okay, I'm against antype blackness, all of us, given.
Speaker 3: You, Steve, But get fascist about making people to health care and birth control a law.
Speaker 2: If I was okay, we'd have more bart park game people.
Speaker 1: Would fucking love it, more barn parks.
Speaker 2: If I was a fascist dictator, we have less street parking, more parklets, more parklets. It's good for you.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, more bike lanes.
Speaker 2: Oh, hell more physical therapy that's covered in network and.
Speaker 1: Longer a podiatrist can be seen at a moment's notice. Man, have you man, her majesty wants to have to go to the podiatrist. That ship took so long for an in network peddietary like appointment. Yeah, it's like I think my like the ball of my foot's like cracked or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, if I was.
Speaker 2: A fascist dictator, we'd look at your pelvic floor.
Speaker 3: I would say, all that ship. But the second I get I've become a fascist dictator, I'm just all of the people who are ever mean to me start disappearing from pictures photo shopped out. Yeah. I don't even do anything to them, they just started. It's like back to the future, no longer in photos. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we will talk about brain rot. And we're back. We're back, and we are at the word of the year. Time of the year. I hope you had the time of your life, guys, because this is a fun one. This is what do we talk about. Last last week we had dictionary dot Com going with demure c plus guys. Oxford has announced its Word of the year, and it's brain rot mm, which is two words. Like they even acknowledge it's two words. There's a space in between. They didn't like trying one word, they did it. Yeah, so try harder. I didn't go to Oxford, thankfully because they seem like fucking idiots. But they said five so.
Speaker 2: That it could be a word word out of words.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, barnit the okay the definition the supposed deterioration of a person's mental or intellectual state, especially viewed as the result of overcome assumption of material, now particularly online content considered to be trivialar unchallenging. So just a little background. Oxford in the past had words like climate emergency another two word, but more recently have gone with goblin mode and riz as their words of the year.
Speaker 1: You can almost map it out climate emergency, fuck it, goblin.
Speaker 2: Model is amazing.
Speaker 1: I like how even in that dictionary dot com like raw dogging was even like a finalist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuck it, dude, just raw dog let's let it go. Yeah, but it's funny. A lot of people have been pointing out that actually brain rot was not first used this year. Was actually first used by Threau in what's that book Walden Walden Bond, where he criticizes society's tendency to devalue complex ideas and how this is part of a general decline in mental and intellectual effort. It leads him to ask, while England endeavors to cure the potato rot, well not any endeavor to cure the brain rot, which prevails so much more widely and fatally. Fucking bars dog sick sick burn. God, it was so easy to be a recorrect.
Speaker 2: But how am I gonna tell if I have brain rot? Is it like a stroke? You don't know? I feel challenged by everything I know.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, you know, the safe Like I'm sure you've seen TikTok videos where someone will be like doing a recipe, but on top it'll be like some fucking mobile game or someone playing like you'll just see goo being stretched like on the margins and you're like, what is this? Like what am I looking at right now? Or even like the skibbity toilet stuff is pretty uh peak brain rot stuff too.
Speaker 3: You just don't understand art, But I just I do think it's funny that, in the context of the Oxford word a few years ago, being climate emergency, and now it's gone to riz and goblin mode that his definition was the devaluing complex ideas and how this is part of a general decline in mental and intellectual effort.
Speaker 2: But now now we know who won in the climate emergency, don't we?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, it's like did not it was the toilet man toilet Wait what climb emergency?
Speaker 1: What about scibit the Ohio? Now the Earth Earth Death? I don't know that show is about it. Brat is that Brat.
Speaker 3: Bratt was also on the I think actually Oxford, No, somebody did Bratt.
Speaker 1: I think it was Cambridge Cambridge Word of the Year with Bratt. Oh, no, Collins, the Collins diction.
Speaker 3: Cambridge's dictionary. Bratt Cambridge did manifest as in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in that very passive way of just being like, if you think a thing, it'll happen, so quit your job and picture yourself living in Bali forever. And you're like, oh, okay, that's even the most charitable version. There's a little bit more work that has to go into that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean that that tracks. Let's just manifest our way out of Earth death.
Speaker 3: If you change the word from if you, if you put a new word in front of the secret, the book the secret. Right then it becomes it becomes okay again.
Speaker 2: See, even manifesting is a denial of systems. They go into play yeah when I'm right, I know, I'm right, I know I'm but.
Speaker 1: I mean I did manifest like like a free eight pack of Lacroix sparkling water.
Speaker 3: Did you really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was like this just free and then like the UPC didn't work and I think the checkout person missed it.
Speaker 2: Wow, everything said.
Speaker 3: Manifested that ship anyway.
Speaker 1: But that's like the kind of stuff you see like people all the time, Like I used to work. There's a former coworker I had at like many jobs ago, who, like on Instagram, has completely changed their whole thing into being like a manifestor professional. Oh and they're just feeding people the most nonsense ideas, like they are independently wealthy, like they're they come from money, but they have this. Yeah, but their whole thing is like look at all this shit I created with my mind. I'm like, you are a fucking snake oil provider right now?
Speaker 3: What is this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're like, oh my god, I just I was feeling so like I needed to center myself. So I manifested this like amazing trip to go to to Wahaka or some shit. And you're like, you're not, like you didn't manifest this, like you just paid for this and you're living in a fantasy world.
Speaker 3: But anyway, he had.
Speaker 2: A friend come out of the trust fund closet with me, huh yeah, and I was like, dude, you made me split all our dinners?
Speaker 3: Is that how they came out? Were they like and just do you have this one? Or when does your trust fund payment come through? Is it at the beginning of the month?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Wait? How did they trust out with being a trust fund kid?
Speaker 2: I can't remember what it was like. We were having a conversation and then they sort of like slipped it in there, and I was like, I think like we'd just like become closer friends. And then they mentioned it and I think they were asking me for like career advice or something like that.
Speaker 3: M like, I can't believe you think and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, we split this pie.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, I should have known your last name is General Mills.
Speaker 3: You know that was an official designation in the Uh yeah, General Mills.
Speaker 2: I've got this brain rot and I missed these things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it, they all do.
Speaker 2: When your last name is Walgreens.
Speaker 1: Walgreens just the possessive too. I'm not David Walgreens with an apostrophe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, that's right. Yeah, yeah. She kind of.
Speaker 2: Noticed that your name on the check said CBS.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought it was like one of those things where people use initials to like shorten their first name, CBS Walgreens.
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes sense, all right, Well, speaking of snake oil sales, we do want to check in with Cheryl Hines. Of all the people in the world who should be able to pull off this role mm hmm, lovable wife of person who is a true fucking monster it, you know, and yet yeah, and yet and yeah.
Speaker 1: She's dude, she's like a social roach, you know what I mean. Any other person being married to RFK Junior, you'd think they would be like in a.
Speaker 3: Perpetual l cycle.
Speaker 1: But she's bobbing and weavin at the right time. She's like, well, I don't agree with the very I don't know, you strongly disagree with all my husband saying, like in getting away with like the Senator Susan Collins' way of like distancing yourself from a thing you're totally all in. I was like, it's very alarming, what's happening. It's like, are you just know how to use a sound bite? Which I feel like is what Cheryl Hines does well. And also, wasn't this dude just caught like engaging in some kind of extra marital affair too? Did we just was emotional? It was not emotional, okay, but he still articulated all this stuff and the texts are pretty gross, but anyway, fine, they're still together. She has like a line of Maha branded candles, creams, and body sprees.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: This is the MAGA adjacent make America Healthy Again, which means by that let's bring back preventable illnesses.
Speaker 3: No, is that really it's America Healthy again? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah that's what.
Speaker 1: That's how they brought him, like RFK into the fold by being like, we're making America great again.
Speaker 3: RFK Maha ha ha huh. So she I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, is now trying to sell these products and did it in the most un whatever. This is a clip she's trying to hawk her new products with RFK showering in the background. But her head is strategically placed to block any nudity and is the most contrived fucking thing I've ever seen or heard. You can hear it even without seeing it, because this is not a video episode, but this is Cheryl Hines in her like social video posts selling her new skin creams. Oh you can't, you can't take a shower. I'm doing products right in front of perhaps.
Speaker 3: You've got to give me a second.
Speaker 2: I'm doing a video for Hinds and Yard Honey six.
Speaker 3: That's I mean, it's sixty, but hold on, wait a second. She set up her shot and then he like ran into the back and started showering. It's like, any any version of this is just like she is in the wrong. If somebody's in the shower, you can move, they can't shower something right, what has happened?
Speaker 1: It starts off presume I don't know where this video starts, but it looks like it just starts off with him in the shower, and she's trying to be like, what are you doing? No, what are you doing? He's already in the shower, is like what you're saying here, But she's like, oh my gosh, can you yeah, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the person off.
Speaker 1: Here's an old man who used to do Heroin, who had a brainworm and sawed the hat off a whale and also hit a dead bear in a park and also groped, allegedly groped the babysitter.
Speaker 3: Anyway, here's Maha.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, Sharylyn Charylyn Hines Young or whatever this company is called that she started with her daughter.
Speaker 3: Make a Manica Healthy Again. So she made a make America Healthy again company.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's what she's she's draft she's sort of drafting behind that to sell these other She's already had this company.
Speaker 2: Shout out to all the Mahas out there. I hear you, I feel you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, no, like real women named Maha.
Speaker 1: That's a real name, right right, I know, yeah, yeah, it's they've they've found a way again to even just sully a perfectly wonderful name.
Speaker 3: But yeah, now right, oh my god, like she was she thought it was so funny that he was showering back there. It was so funny he gets.
Speaker 2: A shower randomly, How biten esque.
Speaker 1: I love also the hallmarks of you, just like those social videos where clearly the person just hit record and their hands coming away from the camera and I, oh my gosh, honey, it's like.
Speaker 3: Honey, oh my gosh, what are you doing there? Do you know anything about lying at all?
Speaker 2: He's goods like a famous improviser.
Speaker 3: I know exactly.
Speaker 1: She's to deal with the groundlings, right or second City, that's her background. Yeah, I know, well, but she does. She does a great fake laugh and by that it's terrible and it makes my skin crawl. Right, No, honey, no, what what.
Speaker 3: Is even supposed to be happening here?
Speaker 4: You can't take a shower? Oh my god, you can't take a sh geez.
Speaker 1: Well just one note. He should have been opening the shower door and walking in if you need that bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again I'm not giving here's mid shower as Yeah, anyways, higher up please, seems like you're gonna have a lot of money. Uh, Zara, what a pleasure having you on this episode of The Daily's like, it's such a pleasure. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Leading the fascist democratic movement behind Nancy Pelosi? There you go, she's a nice I was a fascist dictator. You would find me. It's a comedy dot com dot com dot com.
Speaker 3: Wow, beautiful, Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Okay, I sent it to Miles.
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 2: It's a white man, one of the good ones. Should we listen to what he has to say?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to set it up? This is just called why young men are turning Republican? And the other things is it's no secret why white men? I think this is just the caption or the closed captioning.
Speaker 5: It's no secret that young white men voted disproportionately Republican in this past election cycle.
Speaker 3: And that's not new.
Speaker 5: That's a continuation of a trend that's been going on for quite a few years. But I want to talk about a few things that I think really ramped it up recently. The first one is the self improved industry slash gym culture in general.
Speaker 3: Right, so these things have.
Speaker 5: Skyrocketing popularity since twenty nineteen twenty twenty. I think TikTok has played a major role in that. But they focus heavily on individualism, and they kind of reshape your worldview to think that, you know, everyone needs to pull themselves up by your bootstraps. You're the only one that can make a changing life, and you know when it comes to your your own personal health. Yeah, that's right, But you can't apply that standard to society at large because everybody has their own disadvantages, everybody's coming from different backgrounds, and when you become entrenched in predominantly male spaces, whether it's the gym or a jiu jitsu class or whatever, you're not gonna make a lot of friends who are women.
Speaker 3: That's just the way it is.
Speaker 5: And even if it's something that's more equal, like a running club, a lot of guys join those with the presupposition that they're gonna meet someone to hook up with, so they're just backpocketing every girl that they meet. It is so immensely important to have friends who are women, whether you're single or relationship because if not, thank you, the only time that you're ever interacting with women is non platonically and with the intention of trying to hook up, then that reinforces the patriarchal notion that women are only objects of desire for men, and that you get actual people.
Speaker 3: Damn well done, well said. I was not saying that as a young man.
Speaker 2: I mean, everything is about how guys get put in a friend zone, you know, and it's like, yeah, how about you be friends?
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone, but that's a zone I don't want to be in. My will please help Miles. Where can people find you as their workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Find me on the at based platforms at Miles of Gray that includes a Blue Sky find me there, hit me up for discord invite on blue Sky.
Speaker 3: Also if you're looking for one and I find you.
Speaker 1: No particular work of social media been liking, but you can follow Jack and I and listen to us and our Portard basketball takes as we watch our teams do whatever they do on Miles and Jack on mat boost Yes, as well as hear me talk about ninety d fiance on four toyonce.
Speaker 3: All right. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian on Blue Sky at jack ob one the number one I've been enjoying. Let's see John Boyce, who writes about sports. It's pretty funny, wrote skeetered, bellowing too rich for my blood and standing up from a poker table point four seconds after sitting down. Yeah. Yeah, you can find us on Twitter at Daily Zekeeist right, the Daily Zeicheist on Instagram, We have a Facebook fanpage and a website Daily zekeast dot com where we post our episodes and our foot Nope, we look off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I shout out to my mahomie Mike, who put me onto this rock band called Elephant Tree, and there's an album called The Long Forever that recently came out. Specifically, the track I want to call out is called four for two. The number four f O R two like you're getting four for two, and it's I don't know. It reminds me of like the Deftones and sort of like Soundgarden audio Slave kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: And I just I just, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was very nostalgic, like hearing something like kind of like that, and they do it fantastically. The whole album I was. I just kept it going as I listened to it. But this is four for two by Elephant Tree. Hell yeah, we will link off to that in the foot notes. The Daily That Guy is the production.
Speaker 3: Of iHeart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then Bite Bite three.
Speaker 1: Children of two, kid two,