Speaker 1: Welcome Commander's family. My name is Brian Cople junr here a Super Bowl champion, Brian Mitchell, mister A to the nine Santay Brothers.
Speaker 2: We are out here in.
Speaker 1: Detroit for the twenty twenty four NFL Draft and this is your Command Center Draft Special Live presented by SIGI, the official partmy take Me partner of the Washington Commanders. And of course we have to give thanks to the MGM Grand Detroit for hosting us here, for having us here. I don't know about y'all. My room's beautiful. I'm having a great time. Yeah, my room is beautiful too.
Speaker 2: Don't break up rooms with meror.
Speaker 3: Room was in the lobby for a while.
Speaker 1: I was in the lobby four o'clock. We know what now we're taking care of. Now, we're comfortable and we have our commander's family here with us.
Speaker 2: We thank y'all so much for being here.
Speaker 1: We drive from the dmvright and Tonio.
Speaker 2: We have people from all over us. We appreciate you guys so much.
Speaker 1: And what we like to do here is we like to really dive into everything that we're going to dive into. And the following day, which we're going to have a live show Thursday night for the draft, and we're giving you everything you need to know about our next kick, our first round pick. And what did we always like to do with these fellas because they played the game, because they've been here before. We like to get their memories, their times. And both of these brothers have the pleasure of being drafted.
Speaker 2: We missed you went in the fifth round.
Speaker 1: Man, Bring us back to that point, and what did that moment mean for you and your family?
Speaker 2: Brother? Well, I went.
Speaker 4: I was drafted so long ago it wasn't on TV to be honest with. But the other thing. You listen, man, I know every guy waiting to be drafted, they don't care which round, which position.
Speaker 3: It seems like that you just want to be picked.
Speaker 4: Yes, and once your picked, I don't care if it's the first pick or the last pick or undrafted free agent.
Speaker 3: You're an estatic.
Speaker 4: You're happy because you know what that lifelong dream is finally coming to fruition. You know I got drafted. I was sitting there, I was on my sofa sleep.
Speaker 2: And my phone wrung.
Speaker 3: I had that big old Sailor one.
Speaker 4: Anybody remember that you had that big sailor one phone and they say, we're gonna call you in our next next pick, and we're gonna pick you. It was coch don bro And once I got drafted, I went to the local watering hole and we had a part. You know, listen, I was fifth rounded, but you would have sworn I was the first route.
Speaker 3: Everything was on the house.
Speaker 4: I had a great time, but once I got drafted, my mindset immediately went to, now I have to show them who I am, what I'm about, and have to do it for the long term. And by having that mindset, I was able to stay around for fourteen years. Yes, that draft is only one thing. It's what you do after the draft is what's gonna ready to keep you around.
Speaker 1: So be mich I've kind of heard that a bunch from like different prospects. If the guys that kind of went like outside of the first and second, were you sleeping and like trying to relax because you were trying to not let the pressure of the situation get to you or was it just you just knew you were getting drafted at some point, Like why were you so calm in that moment?
Speaker 4: Well, I was frustrated, to be honest with you, because they told me, I was gonna I mean, the same said they were gonna drafted in the second round. Still as that mentioned third round, those rounds passed. But when I was drafted, I forgot about who said they were gonna draft me somewhere. I just all I wanted was the opportunity. And once you get the opportunity, that's all that matters.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Listen, Man Tanner, when he got drafted, it didn't make it difference the first round. He wanted to prove something to somebody. You know, what's inside of you has to come out, you know. I always tell people. I see everybody every year get that little silver medallion. Do you have to work ethic to match that silver medallion? Oh you're gonna just be wearing that for a bit and going back home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you talk about work ethic, Satanna, That's a perfect transition to you, my brother, because you were a first round pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk to us about that. Kind of a different.
Speaker 1: Experience for you. But I love hearing your draft stories because I know that was a very important time for you. I mean, yeah, I mean, but he did it on the head. I cared less about the round. But at that point you got to think about it, I kind of came to the back door of college football by being a walk on. So to come through the way I got into playing ball as a walk on to now be leaving as a first round.
Speaker 2: Pick or a draft choice.
Speaker 1: I was looking at all the stuff that I didn't get a chance to experience going into college now I'm experiencing now leaving here. You know, far as like being a guy that's hardly highly sought out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I watched so many.
Speaker 1: Guys take these trips to these colleges and you know, be high recruits, and now here I am going to the NFL that that big time recruit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: When it came to singing bows.
Speaker 3: Money right, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't have to.
Speaker 1: On that stuff, so you know, but it was just I was ecstatic, though. Bro I looked at it.
Speaker 2: I looked at my journey, and I'm like, you know what.
Speaker 1: I would do it all over again, because, you know, in order for us to do what we do, you know, you hear a lot of folks say, man, you got to be a little crazy. Yeah, you gotta be a little crazy, but at the same time, you gotta have purpose. Yes, and I think that's one of the things in life that we all have, regardless of if you're playing a professional your professional athlete, or you just want to be, you know, your every day, nine to five worker. You got to have a purpose. And I had a purpose from day one. My goal was to be an NFL player. When I asked, when I was asked that question at five and six years old, who you want to be when you grow up?
Speaker 2: What you want to do when you grow up?
Speaker 1: When I said that to my father, I've always had that in my mind. So that was my purpose and I was able now to finally see that, you know, come to fuition.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I was a quarterback in college and the Saskatchewan rough Riders had my rights and I was basically a first round pick to go to Canada.
Speaker 3: They were gonna know, they need more money.
Speaker 4: Wow, But I have never dreamed about playing for all Canada. So I told them, listen, you wait around. If I go on that first day, I'm gonna try the NFL. If I something happened and you can see me. They held my rights till I was in my year, my eleventh years, you know, and they never let him go. But the ultimate thing for me was I wanted that shot at the NFL. That's what I watched every day. That's what I wanted to do, and that's why I worked so damn hard because I had a guy tell and we'll see you at home in a few I haven't moved back to Louisiana since nineteen ninety April.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety a man, and I think you.
Speaker 3: Have to have that drive.
Speaker 4: That's why I tell guys off that it's easy to be drafted, it's hard as hell to stay around. And when you get double digit years like he did and I did, that's because we did a little bit.
Speaker 3: We sacrificed.
Speaker 4: We had fun, but we sacrificed and did the things we needed to do.
Speaker 1: And Tanna, Man, I love you mentioned about living in your purpose and trying to fulfill your purpose. And ladies and gentlemen, if y'all don't know nothing about Santanta mass this brother is way too humble.
Speaker 2: So I gotta give your flowers real quick.
Speaker 1: Because back when you were drafting me and you were having this conversation a little earlier, a five to ten receiver was not highly sought after.
Speaker 2: A shorter receiver was not.
Speaker 1: They didn't understand what that kind of receiver could do in the league. Then you get drafted in the first round and then things change. You kind of set the tones of the smaller receivers and now that's kind of the norm for our tennis is the norm?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: You see a six two receiver, You're like, oh, that's a big boy Tanner. Man, how important was that you? Cause I'm sure you when you were living in this purpose, you were trying to fill the dream, you didn't really realize the impact you're going to have. But now that you're on the back end, Man, how important is that impact that you've made on the league?
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I talk to you about it and it's just like something that comes up. But to tell you the truth, until someone speaks out to me about it, saying like, hey, you and Steve Smith kind of changed the whole, you know, spectrum of how they view receivers at you guys size. I don't think about it until I'm hearing it from someone else, and at the time, being in the moment, I paid no attention to it because to be told that, hey, what you did for these four years, you can be the first receiver.
Speaker 2: But you're not.
Speaker 1: Because you're five ten. That sucks, you know what I mean, because it's like almost telling you, oh, we want you, but we don't want, like, come on, let me go out here and show you. So I care less about the size because I felt like all my life I heard you can't do it because you're just small, or you ain't gonna do it because you're just small. But every time I went out there, I proved you different, not even trying to prove a point. I didn't have a point to prove to no one but myself. You see what I'm saying. I didn't play the game to make sure that you saw something.
Speaker 2: I played the.
Speaker 1: Game because this is something that I felt that was given to me, and I was going to fulfill that because you know, sometime, like you say, we all have I guess you get blessings. We all have our blessings. We all gifted with certain things. But if you're not living within it, you're not going out there, you're not attacking it, then you're missing out.
Speaker 2: You're kind of basically wasting that blessing.
Speaker 1: So I felt like from day one, I was put on the field to cut grass.
Speaker 2: You know, my feet, the things I can do on the football field. What's second to nine, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So ingo, that was my like. You know, we talked about going to school. What did you majorre?
Speaker 2: Yeah, majored, but my first major was football. You know what I.
Speaker 1: Finished, I graduated. I went to school twice, you know what I mean. I went back and got something else. But I was there with My purpose was I'm gonna do whatever it takes here to make sure it comes Saturdays when it's tigning to go out there and lay them up, I'm gonna be at my best there. So yeah, man, I look back at it now and I smiled. But I never cared about that kind of you know, hanging over me because at the end of the day, it was other guys that were small than me that I saw play the game.
Speaker 2: So I wasn't the first to do it.
Speaker 1: I was just probably the first because of the time. You didn't see too many guys in my side being talked about as being a first a high first round draft pick, So that was a little different than first, you know, from just seeing the other guys. Like I told you, I grew up in Miami, Mark Duper, Mark Clayton, those guys were short. You know, I see those guys to this day and I'm standing next to them, kind of got a couple of inches on them, you know what I'm saying. So, but I was enjoying just having the opportunity, and I think that's more than anything, Like, you know, not to get off topic, we was talking about some of these guys being drafted today. I mean this weekend. One of the things that happened to me that I was happy it happened. Like I just told you, I had the first class treatment going into the draft.
Speaker 2: I'm a first round pick.
Speaker 1: I get selected by the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: I go up there.
Speaker 1: Immediately I get hurt. So I'm like back at square one, I'm like, wow, just how quick it came. It could be taken, and then I had to reprocess and rethink all that over again. Say, now I got to dig deep and get back into that same guy who was hungry enough to get here, and now I got to start that process over. So that's another thing these guys have to understand. Once you make it, you haven't arrived until you really go out there and be specially on that field. So don't think that you made it just because you got drafted, you still have job to do.
Speaker 3: Ladies, and.
Speaker 1: Applause with Santana Mass man, get his brother's flowers.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. And you know what command is family. I think that's the coolest part about this Command Center thing that we do is we have this type of exclusive access to legends and grace and people that know how to do this, and we also have exclusive access to our fans.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you now.
Speaker 1: We usually do hashtag left hand up in the comments to leave your questions for these gentlemen, but we changed it up a little bit this year. All Right, things is different. Now we're doing hashtag raise hell.
Speaker 2: That's h a. I l raise Hell.
Speaker 1: Y'all can go into the comments and hashtag raise hell'ies gentlemen. I will do my best to read them all right now in front of you guys, so y'all can get y'all questions answered, and you know what being this before we move on, because you know I'm saying, since we give it flowers to Santana Mass brother, I think we need to get flowers you too as well, because you said it coming out of college.
Speaker 2: You wore a quarterback. You wore a black quarterback.
Speaker 1: At a time where that wasn't as popular as it is now.
Speaker 2: Five ten and a half.
Speaker 1: But now you look at this league now and you see shorter brothers playing quarterback, and it's almost what people are really looking for.
Speaker 2: Be miss man.
Speaker 1: How great is it to see the NFL develop and change the way it has since Uni?
Speaker 2: You played? Well?
Speaker 4: It's great to see it because I think the ultimate thing is, for a period the NFL wanted to say what size you needed to be to be able to play a position. I returned kicks and punts. I left the NFL and you can look at the records and figure him out, but I was not the prototypical return side. Barry Sanders was what two hundred pounds one night, Emmon Smith was about two oh three.
Speaker 3: I played at two twenty.
Speaker 4: I got up to two twenty two twenty one, and I was still considered a small back. Because the league likes to tell you what you're supposed to be to do something. I was the guy that wasn't very I don't dance. I don't dance in clubs, I don't dance on the field. So at two twenty one I still could put down the four to four and I'll put my shoulder passing your chest. So I played running back and kick return like a linebacker. And now to see these guys playing quarterback and being given the opportunity because they are the better athlete on the field. They can still process and think and do different things. You know, I'm watching Kyler Murray and Bryce Young. I don't know what they're saying about Bryce Young. I was at the Super Bowl and I stood next to him. Dude is not five eleven or not. I'm told that he is because I know I saw the top of his head.
Speaker 3: On an angle.
Speaker 2: You give up the secrets, man, He is not that.
Speaker 4: But I like the fact that, Hell, Johnny Manzil wasn't super tall.
Speaker 3: What's my game, my Baker Mayfield is not tall.
Speaker 4: If the dude can spin the football and the dude could think through it, give him a chance to be the best pass on the team.
Speaker 3: He needs to be the best.
Speaker 4: Everybody that's six ' five and take a snap can't be a great quarterback some of them. And the league has gotten faster today, so you can't go with these slow guys too much. You gotta get somebody that can move and today when you look at it, you have to be athletic, not very fast, but you have to be able to move and extend to be a good quarterback in the league today.
Speaker 2: And be missed.
Speaker 1: You're always ahead of the curve, brother, because you know what, I could talk to you all day about, you know, y'all experiences. But you know, we got to talk a little bit of draft. The draft is tomorrow. Commanders have six picks in the top one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there you go. I love him. I'm talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: I'm excited too. This is amazing, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying, six picks in the top one hundred nine picks overall. But were talking quarterbacks. That's what everybody want to talk about.
Speaker 2: So let's talk quarterbacks. Just run it down the line.
Speaker 1: Jadeen Daniels, A lot of people have favored him as the next quarterback taken after Caleb Williams. We all assume that Keayler Williams is going to the Chicago Bears. Be Mitch, Jaden Daniels, what have you seen from this brother that makes you say, you know what, I trust this guy to lead the team.
Speaker 3: Electric.
Speaker 4: I think what happens is the assumption has been Caleb is going to Chicago. But I talked to the guy today on the show and he was like, people are comparing Jayden to the rest of the quarterbacks. Jadans should be compared to Kayla. And he said, when you start looking at it, really look at Jaden's year last year compared to Caleb's, Jayden might be the better quarterback. So when you start hearing that, you go, Okay, if this guy should be in comparison to the guy everyone is assumed will be the number one pick.
Speaker 3: If you get a chance of picking, you take him.
Speaker 4: You know, we were talking earlier before we started the show where everybody wants to say, oh, man, he could be great because he runs the ball a lot. No, no, no, he passed for three thousand, eight hundred yards. Okay, he had forty touchdowns, four innerceptions, and then he ran for over a thousand.
Speaker 3: That's exceptional.
Speaker 4: But I talk with Greg cor Sell, somebody a highly highly respect and Greg Cosall was like, listen, people want to sit up here and just look at his athleticism. He said, this guy in the pocket is as good as anybody in this draft. So when you look at a guy that could spin it with the best of them, and he's gotten better every year. And it troubles me when people go, well, all he did was get better, That's what the hell he's supposed to do, all right, And I can't assume that the guy got better every year three years at Arizona State. Then he comes here and he got better at LSU in a conference where the best football players out there. On top of that, he had a coach who's a maniac and an idiot, could be crazy.
Speaker 3: He dealt with him, and he had a he had a he had a fan.
Speaker 4: Base that expects a lot, and that dude went and followed Joe Burrow and did he probably was as good or better as Joe in the league.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: So I just think that.
Speaker 4: Easy let tricity, and he would want to get a fan base hype.
Speaker 3: Yes, that will get him hYP I promise you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, just talking about the kid, I think he's a game changer. You know, That's one of the things that I think at that position is what most teams are looking for nowadays.
Speaker 2: You know, we see so many different.
Speaker 1: Games that I won in the NFL by that quarterback, you know, and it's a lot of games that these teams have great defenses.
Speaker 2: Now, a lot of teams now are showing.
Speaker 1: Because you know, for so many years it was you know, defense wins championships and the offense gonna you know, put people in the stands. But when it comes down to in the fourth quarter, game on the line, you need a drive. Who you looking for to make that drive? Who you're looking for to make that play your quarter? You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And we just saw that in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, it was almost like deja vu watching this guy game on the line, what he's going to do, and you just saw the guy scrap everything that had transpired throughout those fourth quarters to this one drive. I'm finna go out there and be special. Whatever they did to stop me or rattle me, it's one drive. I need to be special. So that's what you're looking for. And that's what I think a guy like Jane Dayenes shows you. When you watch his film, you see a guy that when he gets pressure, he knows how to slide to the right spot.
Speaker 2: And when you see open up, let me go. It's time for me to go.
Speaker 1: Now, it's time for me to exit this pocket and go out there and do what I was blessed to do. And not only can he run, he can throw the ball. And he just stated that. So that's what I see it. And I think when it comes down to you know, you know this draft, don't get it twisted. They're trying to find reasons to say what you can't do. You understand, like they see what you could do, because that's why they have you up there slotted where you're at. They know you can be the second overall, the first overall. You have these numbers, but they want to nitpick what he can't do or what is it what is it that we can talk about to make you say, hmm, this is the reason why we shouldn't, you.
Speaker 2: Know, go out there a guy like that. But I think when you see every.
Speaker 1: Guy, because like just because we're talking about James Daniels, you know, every guy that have a chance to be in that rim of the top three, top four, top five picks, all.
Speaker 2: Those guys are special.
Speaker 1: And I think it's just about what do you feel like that your team needs, who you want?
Speaker 2: You know, who's the guy for you? And I look at it from what we have.
Speaker 1: When it comes to quings Kingsbury, his offensive style of play.
Speaker 2: What quarterback fits that mode? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I think he's the guy. But if you want to be technical, you want to be critical.
Speaker 2: You know, I can.
Speaker 1: Say that Pennix was probably the better passer in the league last year, but they're gonna put off there and say he has two injuries, so that's why we're gonna put him here, But that he got over that. You see what I'm saying, So just look at it for what it is. All these guys are special. I think Jaydon Daniels was the best when it comes down because he won the Heisman, and dang right, if I have that opportunity to go out there a guy that pickure, you know where I'm going at, I'm gonna go ahead and put my card in tonight.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I love your guys analysis on that because I feel like Jayden Daniels is getting keyed as an athlete that can throw, which isn't the case. He is a quarterback that is athletic. Had the number one qub are in the ncule a.
Speaker 3: Seventy three percent.
Speaker 2: It's crazy legal.
Speaker 1: I gotta ask you, we talked about this.
Speaker 2: A little earlier.
Speaker 1: Why do you think he is getting pegged that way? And why do you think people are so against giving Jaden Daniels the credit he deserves.
Speaker 4: It's what has been forever. You know, when you are athletic and you're an African American, you can see athletic quarterback. You don't get the grace of saying how good you're in other positions because when you look at the league right now, Josh Allen is super athletic. Yes, he's a pass he's a game changer. Justin Herbert can move around. He's a game changer. Joe Burrow when he's healthy, you see he runs around, he can move. But nobody ever just say you just an athlete in garun. But when you are a guy who's very athletic and you're African American, you get knocked like that because they only look at your athleticism and not the rest of it.
Speaker 3: I think what you have to look at is watch.
Speaker 4: The game and listen to the commentators and they're talking about that was a smart play. Do you see the brilliance of that? I watched LSU. I grew up right across the real from LSU. They are talking about him in a way that that needs to be thought about.
Speaker 3: And let's get to the point.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Look, everybody, we've been told what we can't do. Okay, work with your culture. You've been told you can't do something because people think only a certain culture can do it. Everybody's already proven that stuff wrong. So now we see quarterbacks doing this thing in the league.
Speaker 3: Help Pat Mahomes. He's done his thing.
Speaker 4: So let's get past that and just let people play and if they're good, they're good. But we can't try to you know, railroad him. I put him into like a little box. He has proven he's not in a box anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Tanne Man, let's move on to the next quarterback, Drake May, because you know, we talk about polarizing prospects, and I think Drake May, maybe at all the quarterbacks, maybe he is the most polarizing. You have people that love him, you have people that aren't sure about him. If you have some people are nervous because he went to North Carolina like a former quarterback that we did have, there's a lot of speculation on Drake May. How do you feel about this guy? And do you have any concerns about Drake May? Especially after he kind of had a down statistical year compared to the previous year he had. I mean, I'm a receiver, So the first thing I'm looking at when I'm watching quarterbacks, I'm looking at accuracy. I'm looking at can you dissect the defense? Can So some of those things stands out more than others. Now, the one thing I did see from Drake Mayor, he's a guy who's very capable of playing in this level one. His size along proves that, you know, I mean, stocky kid. I believe it was six y four six three six four, and I mean has a nice thickness about itself, like Sam, like Sam Howell. You know, it almost fit the same, you know mode when it comes to watching these guys, and at times you see him doing everything that you want to see a quarterback do, reading the defense, stepping up in the pockets, slide, getting out of danger, getting out of harms way when he needs to. But it's that pass accurate enough to make a play that when we need you to make that play or media to make that throw. And I haven't seen that a lot on film. Now, who's to say that this little off time going into the draft, he's not gonna work on it and not gonna be better when he comes in the draft. None of us know what these guys are gonna be. You know what I mean when they step onto the NFL practice facility, I mean practice field. So but when you have to ask me today what would be the one thing in the back of my head will.
Speaker 2: Say, it will make me kind of say I don't know. And that's the only thing. You know. It's all about accuracy.
Speaker 1: And when I hear so many different analysts who probably spend more time watching and dissecting film than I do, I'm just looking at for when I'm looking at because I played the game, so I have a different eye I have. I don't have to sit there and watch you know all that family. I'm gonna watch a couple of key games and see what you're doing. But I hear so many guys saying maybe he needs a year to sit See, that's right the flat for me, because if you're thinking about us in the.
Speaker 2: Position that we in, yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't bring the quarterback that we have in our you know that's that's there now to be our startup. We need a guy that's gonna be able to come in there and maybe they might compete, or maybe that guy's that to bridge, that guy to be the starter.
Speaker 2: But we need somebody who's gonna be ready.
Speaker 1: So when I hear you saying that a guy might need a year to sit or a guy is not very accurate, it gives.
Speaker 2: Me that that that red alert that.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's not guy. I'm going to bring him to my house. But the same time, like I said before, what do we know? You know what I mean, just because we saw that on the collegiate level, that doesn't mean it's going to transfer to the to the pro level. If he has the right kind of too literal, the right kind of coaching.
Speaker 4: I think when you look at it, for me, the duke can make all the throws. And now I go back to what's a guy fifty fifty years We called him the receiver Terry cam No no back in the day they drafted him here in Washington.
Speaker 3: Uh he's now on amazing race or whatever. And he called him.
Speaker 4: Fifty to fifty because he always caught Rob Gardner.
Speaker 3: He dropped all all of easy.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I didn't know they called we came in together.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know he caught tough passive, but he dropped the easy ones. You become great by always catching the easy balls and you occasionally.
Speaker 3: Make the spectacular catch.
Speaker 4: I've heard a lot of people talking about Drake and they say, man, I just look at his highlights. If I just look at people's highlights, they're great. Everybody be great. But you have to look at the low lights as well. Okay, and then there a lot of time they say he misses the easy passes. You can get better in this league. Okay, But tenise say that we're in a position right now where you don't make a first pick a second pick in the draft, and the guy needs a lot of work. If you want to draft that guy, you drafted and he hits the ground running. It just like some people feel like if you have been improving in college, it stops when you get to the pros. If you proven that you get better for five years straight, you're getting better. You're going to continue probably getting better this guy. So but I would say this, if they were to draft Drake, I'm not gonna be upset because the reason I won't be upset the most important higher or most important pick of this whole thing all off season was Adam Peters and then he got all these guys on the coaching staff, and I know a lot of these guys who knows how to develop talent. Yes, we've had a history of coach that couldn't develop talent. Now I feel that if they get somebody, they can get the best out of them, so it makes team better. I don't think there's a quarterback in this draft that's gonna step in here and just carry the team on their backs. You have to have people around you and have people develop, and I believe this coaching staff can do that. So whoever they get, you know you're gonna go with that. But like I said, if I'm picking, I'm going with the guy who has shown me already he's gotten better and better and better and better. And look how good he got in that time. And we always say we want a guy to have some level of experience playing around.
Speaker 3: He's played five years and better, he got.
Speaker 4: Better every year, So that experience is a little bit more than being a guy who's been a two year player over a five year player.
Speaker 2: You talk about that experience.
Speaker 1: I think national championship experiences make a big deal in this draft. You've seen a guy like JJ McCarthy, quarterback out of Michigan, just shoot up the boards. I mean we're seeing things that he might go number two, Like we have no idea where this guy is going. Another polarizing prospect be mished. What do you think you've seen from JJ that has made him jump up like this? And do you think he can be one of these top guys to go in the top five by JJ?
Speaker 4: And I think a lot of people are going to be thinking this way. The guy that played for twenty plus years and won seven Super Bowls didn't play a lot in college, but he had the work ethic end of the determination that most guys do not ever have.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady I'm talking about you watch JJ.
Speaker 4: He was on a team that was a pro style offense that was run first, and occasionally he was asked to deliver. Here, teams approached him differently than they do most quarterbacks because if you mess around and go rush Michigan trying to get at the quarterback one of those running running right patch going down the field. What he was asked to do. He did that to perfection. So you have to look at that. And the guy won in high school, he won into college. You know you see him as a winner, and that pedigree goes a long way, and then you look at him as his leadership qualities. So when you see all of that, I believe that you know he's gonna be a guy that But he in the NFL, Now what do we all do? The pressure is on the quarterback. He hadn't been a guy that had to carry his team in the NFL. He will have to do it. Can he do it? Probably so? But do I know that for a fact. I don't know if he can or not. I don't want to be experimenting right now. You know, Cliff Kingsbury likes to throw the ball around. He didn't have to throw a ball a lot in Michigan because they had some running backs that would run down your throat and Jim was gonna run that thing all day, you know what I mean. So ultimately I don't I just I like him, but I think he can go to a.
Speaker 3: Team where he has that chance to grow.
Speaker 4: I look at the New England Pagers as a prime example. They have a kid that was with us last year. Keep forgetting all these damn names, Jacorby Persett Jr. Corby Presett is good enough where he could wait that year and then come into it and make that run. They wanted Tom to wait, but injury had him thrown into the thing, and Tom was just different.
Speaker 3: Tom said he ain't ever getting this job back, and he never did. And JJ may be the same way.
Speaker 4: But I just don't see right now where we are waiting for someone to develop.
Speaker 1: And you kind of feel the same way, right do you feel that a top ten or top five pick it's too heavy for a guy that is not ready to start right away? I mean, honestly, being a guy that's been in those shoes, I won't doubt any guy from having that opportunity, you know. I mean I feel like, if you're worthy enough and they feel like you're great for that, you know, for that pick, for that round, for that number, go get them. But I will say, at the end of the day, it's all about every team's gonna pick their poison.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Like, what fits, what, what's right for me? What am I looking for?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And that's why I say, when it comes down to it, that's how you can almost kind of nitpick who's going to be the guy that goes well because you're looking at the team. And you know, we've seen so many years of especially our team, selecting guys that just was guys that was sart good at football players, but you didn't have a place for them on your team. I think now you have a staff that's in there, you have a front office that's in there that's very strategic about how they building this team and how they're structuring everything that it's going to be the perfect guy.
Speaker 2: Talking about JJ.
Speaker 1: Hey when it comes down to how he interviewed very well, you know, how he was coached very well, won a national championship.
Speaker 2: All those things are high.
Speaker 1: And then when you have a coach that's speaking out about you before you even said a word to anybody, like he's going to be the best or he has the best workout, all that stuff carries.
Speaker 2: All that stuff carries a lot of weight.
Speaker 1: And if you're able to step into those offices individually and have your individual meetings and still pass the tests and still stay tall, Like I heard a guy speak one time on TV and I was blown away. So when you have that kind of intangible that this guy can say all the right things, then you watch him play and it's showing up on the field. Yeah, I understand why I would be sitting there scratching my head.
Speaker 2: Should we take a chance at them? You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, you look at it and say, how are we running offenses in this league?
Speaker 2: Are they run first? Offense? Didn't pass?
Speaker 1: No, A lot of these offenses are passed happy offenses.
Speaker 2: You know we're gonna run just to save you ran. You know we did that last year. I hated it. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I'm probably sure that we're not gonna do that this year. But when you look at how he went through his college career, it was more so older pro style offense offenses that I grew up in or I came up in the University of Miami. First, second down, we running the ball, third down, get open town.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You're not getting that this day, and you're gonna need a guy's gonna be a step back, drop back and throw that ball.
Speaker 2: Sling ball.
Speaker 1: Is he ready to do that? Can he do that? We didn't see him do it a lot. We understood he did what was ax but can he be the other? Be the other guy on this level? Because I think any team he goes into that's the style of playing now today in this league. Fellas a lot of questions around all of these top quarterbacks and a lot of intrigue. And our commander's family has a lot of intrigue as well.
Speaker 2: And let's get into some of these questions.
Speaker 1: That of the questions, this is hashtag raise hell. H A I l raise hell. And our first question is from Ted Abella. I hope I pronounced that right. Tanner had twelve different quarterbacks in his career. If he had to choose which quarterback in the draft he would like throwing him the rock? Who would it be? That is from Ted Abella. Great question, Ted, I had fifteen.
Speaker 2: Short three of them.
Speaker 1: We can have a talk about that later. Honestly, man, I like a few of them.
Speaker 2: I got told you.
Speaker 1: Pendix throws a nice ball, so you know I like Pinnix. Jane Dames is a guy too. That raised my eyebrow. I told you guys earlier this year on the Command Center, you know, and for all you guys that's not watching the Command Center every week, tune in USA nine now so if you don't have to worry about going to YouTube, you can.
Speaker 2: Watch it on USA nine.
Speaker 1: You can on the Command Center y'all ask me who would I pick, And due to the fact of how things are slotted, Caleb Williams was one of the guys that I said that I would love him.
Speaker 2: To fall to us.
Speaker 1: Probably not gonna happen, but those three guys to me stand out, Caleb, Pinnix and your man Jayden. I would put Pinnis in front of both of those guys when it comes to catching a pass from them. Like you know, you asking me who would I want throwing me the ball, I feel like this guy would spot on it. Every time I watch them play any angle he throwing that ball to those guys, they're just catching in effortlessly.
Speaker 2: And you know that's what I look for. You know, I've had so.
Speaker 1: Many quarterbacks and people ask me all the time who did I like the most? And I always talk about Mark and I talk about Vinnie. But besides Mark and Vinnie, Todd Collins was my one of my favorite quarterbacks, and it's because he threw a great ball. Todd Collins threw a great catchable football. So that's what we're looking for. We're looking for a guy to give me the ball, give me the opportunity to make a play and he throws a great pass and so that's why you know, I would say those guys.
Speaker 2: Man, great question be Mitch, I'm gonna hit you with one next.
Speaker 3: All right, got you.
Speaker 1: These rookies lives are about to change in a weekend. What's one piece of advice you would offer to them heading into the DMV as somebody that has made the DMV home.
Speaker 3: Don't believe anything you here. Listen to me. No, I'll say this.
Speaker 4: You know you now don't have mom and dad there with you. You have to be the leader of your life. And if you have a veteran on the team or either like Tanner said earlier talking to white size parents, we have a lot of guys in the area, you know what I mean, A lot of guys in the area that are willing to talk to you. You don't have to, God, go out there and reinvent the ship. You know you need just reinvent the wheel. You just want to You want to have people who've been through it that can help guide you. And I think, don't be afraid to ask. That's the problem so many young guys today. They don't want to ask ask questions because no question is stupid. You always hear people saying that it's an absolute truth. If you ask somebody something, guess what the dude standing next to you he want that same answer. So and you ask somebody that can help guide you along. They can stop you from making a lot of mistakes, especially in DC.
Speaker 3: I mean d C will gobble you up.
Speaker 4: I played in d C, Philly and New York, three cities that can eat.
Speaker 2: You alive and.
Speaker 4: York. And when I was older, I went to Philly in New York. I was still asking questions because there are certain areas.
Speaker 3: You don't want to be in.
Speaker 4: Certain ways you have to act, and you have to respect culture, okay. And I would tell every one of the guys you know, coach and when you if you get into the commander's building, ask anybody.
Speaker 3: I'll give you my phone number. They'll get to me.
Speaker 4: I can let you know the dudes and don'ts I had brothers and sisters when I was growing up. I'm the youngest of seven kids, and my brothers kept me out a lot of crap because they had already been in that crowd, you know.
Speaker 3: So you better make sure you.
Speaker 4: Ask questions to make and get and have some confidence people that you can have around you and let you know, everywhere I see town, I see student, you gotta have somebody that's gonna want your back, you know. Don't just be finding new guys to hang out. Find someone that you trust in and be with them all the time.
Speaker 2: I want to shine in on that that question.
Speaker 1: It's all about just being smart, you understand. Like the DMV is a great place to be.
Speaker 2: I mean that's what people find it finding hard that people asking me all the time, Hey, you back in Miami. No, I'm in the DMV.
Speaker 1: I go to Miami time and time, but I'm like, I love it up there. I mean, it's just one of those places where you know you can. When I first got there, I remember Gary Clark, and it's one of the reasons why I say, you know, some of these guys that's playing now when you see us around, feel free because I didn't reach out and ask Gary anything. He made it his duty to talk to me, you understand. So it was times I'd be sitting at the you know, we and up we had the Redskins at the time, it was called the Redskins or their They're luncheon right before the season, and Gary'll find me like, Hey, you ever leave here, bro, you'll be stupid.
Speaker 2: I didn't, dude, I always tell me this every year.
Speaker 1: But then I realized and the first year that I was, I was done playing. He hadn't seen me the whole offseason or season I was. I was actually getting my NBA and I came back up for a game and he's like, then, I take you not to leave. I said, no, I'm not. I'm in school. So he was like, oh okay, He's like, you bet not leak, and I'm like, trust me, I'm not that dumb. But the reason why I brain is up because there was guys like Gary that told me don't leave. It's so much up there for you. And the true addition, the history of our team's while we trying so hard to get that back with how we play on the field. You know, that's the only way we can get it back. Got to show up and go out there and down there on the field. But also we got to have the right people in the office to put those guys on the field that's gonna be able to bring that back.
Speaker 2: But it was started by those guys.
Speaker 1: You know, be Minched, Gary Clark, Mark, you know, Art Monk, Drek Green, all those guys was a part of those championship teams that allowed me, myself that played ten years in the DMV to be able to walk around my head high. Not because I played well, but because they brought so much history, rich history.
Speaker 2: All I had to do is show up and play, and I did that.
Speaker 1: So any guy, I would tell you come here to them and be about your business. Handle your business, because if you handle your business, trust me, the city gonna treat you well.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You around a plause of these gentlemen, You around a plause of these gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, man. We love your guys's questions.
Speaker 1: We love talking to commanders family, and we got you covered all week with amazing content. You those committed You page right now and check out the Get Loud podcast.
Speaker 2: That's what the Mouth of the South.
Speaker 1: Fred Smooth our guy, and Michael Jason and London Fletcher joins the show and they do a mock of the first ten picks of the draft, so it's all draft related.
Speaker 2: Make sure you go check that out.
Speaker 1: We also have the Ticket to the Draft podcast that's on Spotify and Apple Podcasts Epic seven.
Speaker 2: Round Mock Draft.
Speaker 1: They go through every single pick that the commanders could possibly make. That's what your guy, Logan Paul said. We got my producer here, a Jason over there, just the guy. He does a great job on that, so y'all make sure y'all check that out as well. And then tomorrow we have a special Command Center Draft Night, Live special for y'all.
Speaker 2: Were us three.
Speaker 1: We'll be right on the ground give you everything you need to know about what the commanders are doing with their number two pick. And not only that, we'll be on pre but we'll also be live on the clock. So soon as the commander's on the clock, we go live and we talk about everything you need to know before that pick is made.
Speaker 2: And it's not just us, we got the whole squad with us, Fred and Jenks.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be out at a fan rally out on the DMV with the people amongst the people like they like to be. We have Logan Paulson, London Fletcher, and Brad Weinstein. They're all gonna be in the studio and ask for so we have three different locations. We will be coming live to you guys for only the best for our commander's family. Speaking of the best, let's ask one more question from our commander's family, and this is from Derek Wingham. Do you think we are going to make a trade to get back in the first round to draft alignment? Now we're remembering these hashtag raise hell to leave your questions. We got tom left, so make sure y'all put those in there, fellas. Do you think we are going to make a trade to get back into the first round to draft offensive line?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I think we will. I hope we will, hope we will.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, I played quarterback in high school and college, and I played running back in the league. You could sit up here and get all of the great skill positions you want. If you don't have that injured in the transmission of your football team, you're wasting your time. You need an offensive line, you need a defensive.
Speaker 3: Line, and we have.
Speaker 4: We had one of the most popular lines in the history of football, the Halls, and for some reason people got away from that.
Speaker 3: They going to get everything, but they never would remember.
Speaker 4: At one point we had Chris Samuels who had a neck injury, but we had no legitimate left tackle backup on the team.
Speaker 3: That makes no sense to me.
Speaker 4: So I think we should go back and get a left tackle and have another backup somewhere along the way.
Speaker 3: It never hurt.
Speaker 4: Because if you got a if a guy could play left tackle very well, he could probably play every position on the offensive line. So yes, I would love to see it, because I heard Adam and the last time he spoke, he said, yeah, man, we have those two high picks in the second round. You never know what could happen. I'm hoping that means we're gonna move back up and.
Speaker 1: Get some now Tanna and Command Center. Like you mentioned earlier, Fritz Smooth had actually said that. He said, I want to take those top two second rounders and go back into that first Do you think there's value in keeping two high second rounders or do you say, man, package those up, let's.
Speaker 2: Get back in that first one.
Speaker 1: You have leverage, so take advantage of one and trade the other one.
Speaker 2: I think you can use either one.
Speaker 1: You can either say, okay, I'm gonna use my thirty six pick, or or I can say I have the fortieth picks, so I use that one and I use thirty six to get myself back up in the first round. I think it's almost vital for us to do that, honestly, I mean, especially depending on how those tackles get off the board. You know, if those tackles stalking off the board, we got to solidify that position. There's no way, there's no way other than doing that through the draft. Right now, you know, we don't have nobody else that's that's basically that's still in the deal for that spot.
Speaker 2: So we have to find somebody in the draft.
Speaker 1: And I think if you can use that thirty six pick the movie find yourself back up into the.
Speaker 2: First man, you might get lucky.
Speaker 1: You know, I have the privilege of talking to two guys that I feel like every day or half of the week, you know, Logan Paulson and Fred Smooth when it comes to talking about draft picks and draft and all these guys, you know, basically breaking down and are critiquing these guys they're some of the best in the business.
Speaker 2: And listening to some of their setups.
Speaker 1: About how they would slide up or slide down, it's crazy. I've been sitting up there. I say, now, I don't say a word, I just listen, you know what I mean. I'm very observative. But one of the things that Fred said that made a lot of sense, is you know, getting back up in the first round and if you have to, you know, give somebody a player or another pick to be able to do that. And I think it's easy for us to do that now. The guy that you might want to go after, because if you're looking at some of those guys, if we get back up there and if you go the way some of these PFF grades are saying, a guy that's in the twenties area of memes from Georgia, that guy that we all of them, we know, he's a young buck, theyn't even play a lot, but it's a huge dude, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But we just need somebody for that position.
Speaker 1: We need somebody that we can have to come in that's gonna be solidifying that left tackle spot.
Speaker 2: So who knows who's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be the guy that's available already around that time if we do that. But I think it's vita that we do so, and fellas, we got the perfect fan question to match this, and we're actually getting these fan questions from the people in the audience right now.
Speaker 2: So thank y'all so much. Say j'all, matter of fact.
Speaker 1: When I say your name, raise your hand if this is your question, just so we can show you love. So say we do stay in the second round, Say we keep one of those picks.
Speaker 2: All right, this is from Matt. Matt where you at? Here you go? Man? All right, Ron, we appreciate you. Man, nice sir.
Speaker 1: So, Matt wants to know, if we do stay in the second round, what position would you focus on taking in.
Speaker 2: The second round.
Speaker 4: I'm still going left tackle. I'm still trying to build my offensive line. We were four years of building the defense and we didn't care about the offense. So you gotta put some some emphasis on building your defense. I mean the officer line San Francisco, where Adam came from. He walked in, they had a defensive line. Trent Williams end up being over there, right, They didn't stop there. They got some more. So when you have Trent and his crew going against that d line every day, what happens. So I remember back in the day in nineteen ninety one where it was a Hogs against the Capitol defense, Charles Mann and crew going against Joja Kobe and crew. When we win the games, that was easy because they were going through the best of the best every day. So when we built that D line like that, I would go to some of the private D line was destroying our officer line. And I'm looking like when they get in the game, were going against some TV people, that's probably building our D line. But you got to make sure that your offensive line, like today the most important position in sports in football, because I think hockey is probably appearing. The hockey goal is tougher than the quarterback. Playing quarterback is tough. But you gotta protect that guy. He's the most expensive guy out there. How the hell do you not try and protect him. How do you think it's okay not to go get office alignment to protect that guy? When everyone say, oh, how important the quarterback is, how violently he is, how expensive he is, Well, you got expensive stuff. What you do, you're protected, right, So you should be looking at office a line whoever you can look for him, because this offensive line has to be if we're gonna go on a run, we need the offensive line that's gonna be good for five to seven years to be able to go on that type of run.
Speaker 1: And then I gotta imagine you feel the same way snow brushing with another fan question.
Speaker 2: This is from I'm assuming ed or ed ed my boy got the championship. Now I see you for door. You a whole vibe.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Man, we appreciate you. It's questions. It is for you.
Speaker 1: A young quarterback can get injured or fall flat their rookie year. As we see any concerns with the new guy coming in and running this offense. Well, first of all, I'm not gonna talk about anything that's not saying prosperity and good man, let's get all the positive. I mean, but that's you know, it's football, and that's one of the things that you know, we sit here to this day and talk about the what ELF's about RG three, you know what I mean, the what IFFs and you know, things happen in this sport, you know. But at the same time, I think if we sit there and hang our hats on the negative part of the game, then we're not giving ourselves a chance to see that guy or whoever it may be, have the kind of career that we wanted to have, you know.
Speaker 2: So I won't get caught up on that.
Speaker 1: All I could do is say, whoever we get, I'm hoping that we hit with it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping that we're we're dead on.
Speaker 1: That's the guy that we want it and that's the guy that come in here and do what we need to be done. But like I said before, it's a team sport. It's a team sport. So regardless of the quarterback position, if we don't take care of those other areas, which I know these guys are going to because they've done everything else.
Speaker 2: Up to this point so well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, we can just throw so much praise out there to Adam and those guys and crew. I mean, when you look at our team on paper from last year, the guys that were left and the guys that we brought in already that much better, you know. So now it's all about just to lid Offindy a couple of key positions in the draft, to bring some ready to play now guys in office of line or left tackle, quarterback, you know, maybe a cornerback here and there. You know, if we can hit with those guys, man, we might we give ourselves a chance to go out there and really compete this year and have.
Speaker 2: A winter season.
Speaker 3: Robin hit his first year. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 4: The problem with Robin was decisions that were being made behind the scenes that made him think he was bigger than the team. And once you start thinking you're bigger than the team, your team will turn on you. So I hope that the decisions that happen no matter who the quarterback is, that quarterback comes and he hits, make sure he stays humble. Make sure he understands that you can't do a damn thing by yourself. You know. I would make a point when I was in college, when I ran a player through a pass, I always saw someone who didn't do the best job. But at the end of the game, I would talk about how great of a job he did, and they will come up to him and say, man, I miss that block. I said, no, I man, you were fighting hard. The next game, he didn't miss the play. When I became a kick and a part returner, I always knew who threw the block, the block that sprung me. I also knew who missed the block. MAGGI saw something, But I found a way to praise those guys. That quarterback has to play that game, okay, And if the quarterback understands that mindset when he hits, he could bring everybody else along with him because long as your quarterback respects you, you're never going to try to go out there and be the one that makes a mistake and cause him to make a bad play. So I just think that that whole thing got caught, got too much hype going with it. But whoever, the people in place right now, Hell, you meet Josh Harris, they spend six billion dollars. You would not think they spend six billion doll because they're the most downloaded people in the world.
Speaker 2: They should spend.
Speaker 4: I think they're leading with that mindset to where they're very humble, and I think this team could be great and be humble. If you've been around long enough to remember back in the day they were winning Super Bowls, but they were in the community all the time.
Speaker 3: They were hanging out with people.
Speaker 4: It was a connection, and I think that's what you have to build on and worried about that more. That's why I want to see guys hanging out with each other, because when I am cool with you, like.
Speaker 3: We go on the road for games, we hang I don't want nothing to happen to them.
Speaker 4: And when I come on this show, I want to be great to make sure they gonna be looking great.
Speaker 3: And they do the same for me. You get that happening on this football team. Skoyt's limbs.
Speaker 1: Great fan questions, y'all. They do so much for being here, be miss. I'm gonna ask you a quick question than and with Tannas. We got one more quick fan question from Tanna. But I want to talk to you about this because.
Speaker 2: This because.
Speaker 1: Soda Ted didn't mentioned dan Quinn ani Peter's in their collaboration.
Speaker 2: You mentioned this a little early, and I want you to touch on this. If I feel like they deserve their flowers. They have to kept this so close to the vest.
Speaker 1: What they're gonna do with number two, do all the speculations through being new, through being first time collaborator together. How impressed have you been with Adam Peters and dan Quinn so far?
Speaker 4: I've been super impressed because I canna be honest with you, man. There's been a lot of coaches Stam's come through here and I'll be walking in the weirdest places and people give me information and I'm like really, and I just sit back and it is exactly what they told me about.
Speaker 3: No one has said anything. Okay.
Speaker 4: I went in the same places where I got information before and getting no information no more for them to be able to hold this thing that close to the vest. And I think what it is they are processed driven to where I'm going to talk to you, you, you, you, you, and then I'm gonna go back and talk to y'all again, because I want to see if you gonna remember the suff They have kind of that lawyer's mindset, you know, to me to where I'm gonna ask questions. I'm gonna come and ask you that same question a different way to see if you're on your p's and q's. So they doing the damn good job. And I mean, they did a great job this far, and I've been thoroughly impressed because I thought something would have came.
Speaker 3: Out by now.
Speaker 4: We wanted it to go a lot of people speculating, and that's exactly what they're doing. Yep, listen, chefter, y'all follow all of them, Okay, they.
Speaker 3: Are speculating just like we do locally.
Speaker 4: They're the best of the best, and I admire the jobs that they do, but they don't know anything. They're guessing just like the rest of us.
Speaker 1: He missed Tanner Man, y'all kill this fans y'all killed it. Appreciate you y'all so much. Now, for those of y'all, we know y'all are here because y'all are familiar, but those y'all are familiar with command Center.
Speaker 2: Tanner is known as.
Speaker 1: Like the drippiest, swaggiest God. I'll try my best, but Tanna does this thing right. Tanna got the shoes to the hat all the time. So this last question is from a fan for Tanna. Now this is from our producer Kayla Key, who's back in asspron She's gonna be holding down the.
Speaker 2: Studio for us.
Speaker 1: This question is Draft night is the time to show up and show out?
Speaker 2: What did you wear on Draft night? Brother? Did you start with the shoes, jewelry or what's it the clothes that you haven't had? How'd you have you pull it together?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, so that's an easy one. Well you got to think I was twenty one. Yeah, so I wasn't trying to dress to impress back then. I was as urban as they come back and it was there. Everything Sean John and Foobu was around, so I was wearing one of the other. But honestly, to be real with you, it's crazy how things transpire at the time.
Speaker 2: You know how when you're getting ready to get.
Speaker 1: Selected and you know you want those guys. Different brands will say, hey, you want to dress you. We want you to we want to potentially sign a deal with you, or you sign a deal with us, but we want to dress you first. See if you like these clothes. Sewn John sent me a box of clothes, bro I had. I mean, I have the pictures here. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: I have to send the pictures to.
Speaker 1: Y'all so y'all can post it. Yeah, it'd be good for you know, for off for our show.
Speaker 2: But man, I.
Speaker 1: Remember the night before opening the Big Box and my two younger brothers. I'm the oldest in my house and my two younger brothers was like, I want this, I want that, whatever you don't want. And I put my draft fited. I'm like, oh, I'm gonna wear that's right. I'm gonna kill him tomorrow. And I put it out, laid it on the laid it out on the bed. I had to Sean John had to go see I still wear hats to these days.
Speaker 2: Had my Sean John had and I had the little Sean John White Bell.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was nice I looked nice that day, but yeah, man, I was. I was really pleased to have somebody to say, hey, this what we want to do for you.
Speaker 2: And it was crazy fast forward.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that I was gonna get selected by the Jets, and I ended up getting up there and having a meeting to to you know, potentially sign a deal. I was so busy on oneing to focus on football. I didn't want to go through some of the stuff that I had to do to be a Sean john I guess you know model slash, you know guy who where's that you know where it's his label. But I would appreciate that offer though it was. It was it was really dope to have them consider me to being one of their guys.
Speaker 4: You know, I have a great decision at this point, she wasn't going to I was gonna say you about her.
Speaker 2: The man is family giving up for these gentlemen right here, Oh missus saying Taylor Voss.
Speaker 1: For taking the time and wes Man, great job, y'all, and also give a round of applause to our producers. That's Maddie Benson right there, Jason Johnson. They do all the things behind the scenes to make sure our show goes well, and we appreciate y'all so much for you guys's hard work.
Speaker 2: Now, remember this ain't it for us.
Speaker 1: We will be on the ground draft day doing a pre draft show as a command Center pre.
Speaker 2: Draft live special.
Speaker 1: We're talking about everything that we talked about today, but dipping a little deeper in. And then when we're on the clock on the first round, we will also be live, baby, and it won't just be us. We're gonna be suited and booted. Paulson is going to be in a suit out logan Paul Now, I don't know if it's gonna be a full suit, it's gonna be the jacket and he's still gonna be wearing shorts. Have no idea, but we have as I don't know, you got him a couple of days now he's getting he was clutching up Logan Paulson, London Fletcher and Brad Weinstein will be out in Ashburn holding it down the studio. And then of course we have the Mouth of the South, Fritz Smooth and Mike Jake's our Get Loud crew will be out amongst the fans out in the DMV.
Speaker 2: So we got you fully covered. And it's not just Thursday Friday as well.
Speaker 1: We will all be out there Friday as well, so we at you fully covered. So make sure you're on the Commander's YouTube page, make sure you're on the Commander's Facebook page, and make sure you are on X We'll be live on all of those. Command Is Family. Thank y'all so much again. Shout out to MGM Grand Detroit for holding.
Speaker 2: Us and holding us down.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to eat the food smell so good. Hope y'all got something ready for me and Command his family.
Speaker 4: I have a suggestion for him too. Do you salm and bikes? Did you come on this? Tell you guys are awesome?
Speaker 2: You know what? Beat Mitch.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said suggestions because I'd love to get a prediction on the way out?
Speaker 2: Man. Who do y'all think we taking number two?
Speaker 3: Jd Ohaus?
Speaker 2: That is? Is it a consensus? D Baby?
Speaker 1: I'm JD as well. Command is Family. We love y'all appreciates that so much. We cannot wait to see y'all tomorrow night. For the twenty twenty four NFL Draft, we out