Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look some stocks on the move today. Tridy Styles Pristina Kino, she's the managing editor of Bloomberg Markets Live blog and what do you look? What were you looking at today? What were the movers that go well?
Speaker 1: Well, David, we had some big moves post market for Oracle because we did just get them reporting after the malso Oracle ticker o RCL. Biginins in the post market, up seven percent, run seven percent, and a big beat on that. Four quarter adjusted revenue that came in at fifteen point nine billion in the estimate was fifteen point six billion, but that's actually an eleven percent increase from a year earlier. Cloud services and license support revenue also a standout, gained their eleven point seven billion, which is a fourteen percent increase from year and year, and the forward heightens from the company also looking very optimistic. They're seeing fiscal year twenty twenty six for total cloud growth over forty percent. In terms of that growth rate, so oracill CEO Saffracats, saying that twenty twenty six will be an even better year for them.
Speaker 3: Struck by the optimism of this report. I mean, there's been so much uncertainty and negativism here to see a report where despite all of the uncertainty surrounding trade and the like, this is a company that's optimistic.
Speaker 4: We're seeing a pop year. We're really seeing a pop here. We can't shares her up about five point eight percent year to date, and it's just really as we're looking at the broader tech sector and the performance there, it's really interesting to see this forward guide that is positive and optimistic for street estimates. But there is a name in the red that you're looking at, and that's the FEDS sector. I know, you know we have to talk about the names in the red two and the decliners.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: So that's lockeed Martin take her LMT and in the regular training session, that's one of the biggest decliners on the index. Today, shares down more than four percent, and that is because of the developments regarding the Air Force and its orders for the signature F thirty fives that Lockheed is known for. The Air Force cutting its ordered down by half. It's now just ordering twenty four planes instead of the forty eight that was forecast last year. The Air Force Corse is the biggest customer for Lockheed. And you know, those cuts really reflecting the efforts by Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth to reduce projected military spending by eight percent over the next five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was up on Capitol Hill today talking a lot about the cuts that he's identified that doughe is identified in the Pentagon budget. We're still talking about a fraction of this massive, almost trillion dollar budget. But what we're seeing with Lockheed today certainly highlighting the fact that this is an administration and a Pentagon that is willing to take a second look at some programs that have been the beneficiary of a lot of government investment and spending for for a long time. Let's go back to the green, another company that did well.
Speaker 2: Exactly, We'll get out of the red into the green exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured i'd give you the sandwich method today. So let's finish off with a stock in the green and regular trading. That is Starbus Sticker SPUX. So that was up more than four percent in regular trading, and that was after The Financial Times published an interview with CEO Brian Nicol, who was saying that a Starbucks is looking at a possible sale of a steak in its China business and that has drawn quote a lot of interest. So apparently Starbucks is searching for a partner and interested in expanding to chain in China. So they currently have around eight thousand stores. They're looking at an expansion to twenty thousand stores, so more than double. But he did also say that they're in a rush for a deal and they want to maintain a quote meaningful steak in the operation.
Speaker 4: And while stock is on about four and a half percent so far this year, CEO Brian Nichol has really been trying to do a turnaround story here for Starbucks to trying to increase foot traffic. And I was browsing today and I saw that apparently they're launching a protein drink.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, so Stig's protein drink catering to the gym bunnies out there, right, yeah, yeah, because you need your protein and your caffeine. Get it all the starbus.
Speaker 4: Would you guys try it?
Speaker 3: I would maybe try it once. I'd be sold on more. I would be like seeking it out. But this is a company that, like Howard Schultz, continues to loom large. Brian Nichols, again, you've said trying to do this turnaround. How difficult does that likely to be for this company?
Speaker 1: I mean, it really is very much dependent on consumer attitudes and sentiment, right, I mean, especially in the US that's a little bit more unpredictable. But you can see that the company is really trying to leverage and its presence outside of the US. China has been a real focal point for them. They're also, you know, doing a lot of other things like increasing their tea based offerings. We heard about that and you know over the past week. So that's something that they're really trying to do to be able to compete more internationally, perhaps as a response to maybe a little bit more uncertain a picture Back here at home.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headline. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto. With the Bloomberg Business app