Speaker 1: The volume. All right.
Speaker 2: The NBA season is in full swing, coming down the stretch. Then we move right into the playoffs in April, May and June. I can't wait. Spice things up with Draftking sports Book and official sports betting partner the NBA. Right now, all you have to do is put down five bucks and get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in bonus bets. Pretty good trade off. I pay five, I get one hundred and fifty dollars. North Carolina listeners, do not forget. Welcome to the party. Draft King Sportsbook now live in your state, North Carolina. Download the Draftking sports Book app takes ninety seconds. The code is Colin col N Again ninety seconds. Download Draft King sports Book app.
Speaker 1: Put in Colin.
Speaker 2: New customers bet five, get one hundred and fifty back in bonus bets instantly. That is the trade all right. The code is always Colin.
Speaker 1: The crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine in Connecticut help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, VOYD and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See DKNNG dot co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 4: What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. We got this first round wrapping up some games that we thought would rap our series would rap others that did, and we will get into that. I am excited about these games. We got a couple games going, which is I think exciting because we had a couple of sweeps in the first round. No one accept the people who providing the sweep ever, really enjoys those. Been on the good side of those, and they are fun. You get a nice little break, get the reset, you know, and in the playoffs you'll take that rest.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk about those.
Speaker 4: However, we are back live on Bleacher Reports, so shout out to all of you that are tuning in and listening to this, please make sure you drop your questions in the chat box so we can get to those before we get out of here. And then also for those of you out there, make sure, if you have not, you subscribe to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash at Draymond Green's show, Tap into that, lock in, subscribe.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you, we love you. Let's get into it.
Speaker 4: Seventy six Ers versus the Knicks one twelve one oh six in overtime. And and I actually rewatched this game last night and I was, you know, my wife had asked me. She was like, who won this game? And at that time, it was ninety seven to ninety two, with maybe like a minute and some change left for her, and she was like, let me guess, let me guess. And she went through it and she's like, did Philly win? And I'm like, yeah, they actually did. And so we're watching it and when you see some of those shots down the stretch that the Knicks hit, you're like, oh, it's over right there, right like, and so you know, we're watching it and she's like, well, I'm just trying to see where the game changed, like like how did they win. Like all of a sudden, Og goes to the free throw line. He misses one free throw down the stretch. She missed the first one, and she's like, oh, this is where it changes. He makes the second one right, and so they go up six points. Where it really took a turn to this tyres Maxie's four points and play Maxi got to four point play he got Mitchell Robinson to leave his feet. Very very very smart play by Tyrese Maxi because in that situation, like in most situations, you know Mitchell Robinson is going to leave his feet.
Speaker 1: He's a shot blocker.
Speaker 4: Most shot blockers with the makeup of Mitchell Robinson, they are jumping like it's no if has or buzz about it.
Speaker 1: They've been taught their whole life.
Speaker 4: When somebody shoot the ball, you try to block it, and they jump for everything, and so usually to you know, instead of benefit. However, when you get out on the perimeter, it gets a little bit dicey because if you leave your feet a little bit on the perimeter, the offensive player is getting the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: I never understand why it's so much.
Speaker 4: Different when you leave your feet on the perimeter as opposed when you leave your feet in the paint, it's still shooting the basketball. One person's jumping and shooting the ball, and yet it's always a fit. She had a totally different so and getting Mitch Robinson out to the three point line. Tyrese Maxi very has he played shot facts him? What does Mitchell Robinson do? He starts to jump and move forward, well, instant kicking. Ah, I can't jump right there, but it's a little too late. Tyrese Maxi gets to four point play. All of a sudden, they're not no longer down six, two possession game, and those two possessions needing two threes. They are now coming back down. They only need a two if they can get a stop.
Speaker 1: Well, Maxi down. The stress is huge.
Speaker 4: Knicks come down, miss another free throw and they go up three and Maxi comes down.
Speaker 1: Mix one, make one.
Speaker 4: Maxi comes down and logo them boys pulls up from the logo and quite frankly, it was no surprise to me that Maxi had the game, that he had forty six points, nine assists, seventeen for thirty from the field, seventeen for.
Speaker 1: Twelve from the three.
Speaker 4: And the reason it was no surprise to me because if you actually go back to my Twitter, I tweeted, and I said, half of the Philly players are like competing and trying to win, and half of them quit. And if you watch, like it was very evident of who were the players that quit and who were the guys that was going for who are the players that believe?
Speaker 1: And Maxi was right at the front.
Speaker 4: Leading the charge of the players that was going for and he was dialed in on both sides of the ball. He was one hundred miles prior to the entire game getting pressure on the rim shot the three very well, like he played well, and you saw some guys following, but you saw the body language on some of their guys and something like it just wasn't there. So even to start the game, like you could tell the nerves were there to start the game some of the shots Philly took and the knicks, but some of the shots that Philly were taking in those first seven to ten possessions, just watching it like what.
Speaker 1: Like like why?
Speaker 4: And like I said, when you get into it in a close out game, the nerves are high for both teams. One team our season could be over and you're nervous about that, but yet you do get some guys going out like we got nothing to lose, this is it, And that's the that's the demeanor that Tyrese Maxi had going into I mean, and to start the game yesterday, and so I'm watching it, I'm like, all right, Maxie feel like he got none to lose, Like he playing free, like and quite frankly, he carried Joel yesterday. Obviously Joel draws a lot of attention. He ended up with a triple double, although had nine turnovers. You know, Maxie was the guy. Kelly Ubre played some big minutes also that finished. Kelly Ubre had under the rim where Joel kind of lobbed it up and Kelly got caught under the rim and was still able to finish.
Speaker 1: That was a huge play.
Speaker 4: But anyway, Tyrese Maxie and then also there were some possessions and I don't know if it was just cross matches. I don't know if it was intentional they were trying to throw different looks at Jalen Brunson. But there was some possessions where Maxie was guarding Brunson and like taking on that challenge, and I thought that was very interesting.
Speaker 1: So it was great to see.
Speaker 4: MAXI had a game that he had in the garden on that stage in the game where yeah, Joel finished with nineteen sixteen ten assists, but it wasn't a Joel type game. I think if you asked me, he struggled well, and where it's unfortunate when if you're Mitchell Robinson, where you get the file to kind of turn the game towards the end. Mitchell Robinson was a large reason why they were in the position that they were in because he played really well against Joel yesterday and you know, he had some good defensive plays, caught some good libs out, having that Riom threat on that live threat that the rim is always important enough to spoke to you all about that it does for the space, and so I thought Mitchell Robinson played a really good game. Like I said, it's unfortunate that he had that play down the stretch on the defensive end, but he played a really good game.
Speaker 1: And so Max, he did a lot of the carrying last night.
Speaker 4: So and going into game six, you expect to see a very very very intentional aggressive Joe L ANDB. One of the things that I noticed in the game the other day was all of a sudden, Joel was no longer in that drop at the realm when Jaylen Brunson was coming off picking rolls, and no, he was not at the level and kind of almost in the blitz every play because it's a reason he played a drop like as hard as hell for a seven three hundred pounder to get up to the level of screen blitz the screen, he has to get back in their rebounds, so you're sprinting back every play like that's a tall task. However, they have to do that. You can't just let Jalen Brunson get downhill and get to his spot. It's not going to it's not going to work. And so I thought that was very interesting or not very interesting. I think it's what needs needed to be done. But I noticed that right away that Joel had moved up to the level of that screen. And initially Jaylen Brunston got off to a bad start. Now he ended up finishing the game from the second quarter on really strong.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, he may not have scored.
Speaker 4: In the first quarter, and if he did, he had two points, four points something like that. It wasn't a very impactful first quarter for him. But that second quarter he got it going and he rode the rest of the game. You all knew my back and forth that you all know my back and forth that I went through the other day about Jaylen Brunton on.
Speaker 1: Kind of all of these things.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to put together, and so we will get back into that a little bit. Number One, I love Jaylen Brunston as a player. He is a guy who you know when you see him having the success that he's having, it's not a surprise to me that he's having success. And the reason it's not a surprise to me because if you watch Jalen Brunston at any point in his life pre NBA, he always had success. All American won two national championships in college.
Speaker 1: That's never really spoke about.
Speaker 4: But to win two national championships in college is incredible and nearly impossible. That's why only maybe seven or eight teams has done that. They didn't go back to back, but they had a year in between. But to win two is crazy. So he's always been a winner. To say that anyone thought he'd have the level of success that he had, I think most people would be lying now when I look at that, though, I am a little tilted on that because I am kind of a microcosm of the same exact thing, which is a guy who had success a lot of access in college. I didn't have the opportunity to win a national championship, let alone too like Jyleen Brunson. But you know, to see a guy dominate in college like that and then just be like, oh, it's the NBA, now get him out of here, like he's not a first round pick, blah blah. Again, that's my story. So I got nothing but love for Jaylen Brunson. But like I said, and going into it and knowing what it takes to get to the mountaintop, that's where my questions have been. And so you look at this game, Jayleen Brunson fifteen for thirty two from the field four three eleven from three, only six assists as opposed to the ten or eleven assists he had in game four. And you know what I've spoke about is I don't love the ball dominant Jayleen Brunson. And the reason I don't love that is a I think it's too easy to guard. Not that Jalen Brunston is easy to guard, but just every time down the court, like you know, our defense need to load up, or if you decide and we're just letting him come downhill with two guys guard and we're keeping everybody else home to keep the other guys out of it, to keep the other guys limited in what they're bringing to the game. Whatever that game plan is. Ultimately, you know, it's on the coach should decide what they think is is going to beat them, what they think gives them the best chance to win.
Speaker 1: I don't necessarily love the ball dominant Jalen Brunston.
Speaker 4: I just don't think you can win at the level that they want to win at doing that. I just think they need to move the ball around. They need to get more guys involved. You know, when they were winning and like dominating. When they are winning and dominating, I should say Dante defenn Ccenzow is playing great. Dante Devincenzow's rolling. I've had the opportunity to play with Dante last year here with the Warriors, and Dante is very much so a rhythm and confidence guy. You get Dante confidence going, you give him confidence, you allow him to get a rhythm. He's going to play hard defensively, He's going to cut, shoots the ball really well, good slasher to the rim.
Speaker 1: He rolls.
Speaker 4: When you don't necessarily give Dante confidence, it's a little more of a struggle when you don't show him that belief.
Speaker 1: I would necessarily say, give him confidence. He's a confident guy.
Speaker 4: But when you don't necessarily show him that belief, he struggles a little bit more.
Speaker 1: And he had nine points yesterday.
Speaker 4: If you look at their season over the last two months, he's pretty much been averaging twenty and so when I look at that, to me, and yes, he finished three for ten, one for seven from three. Quite frankly, those shots are a lot different when they're just coming in the flow, you know, when they're just coming in the rhythm, I suppose like, ah, I catch it, like oh now it's time for me to like, oh now shoot it, And you're not in that rhythm. And like I said, Dante is very much so a rhythm guy, you know.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 4: I think Jalen has to get everybody else involved going on the road. Yes, it's going to take a heroic performance from Jalen to close out.
Speaker 1: This series at Philly.
Speaker 4: But like I told y'all last episode, Philly does have the best player on the floor in Joe el Ebid, not necessarily playing the best, but at any given moment he is the best for sure, and so as I said before, that always gives you an opportunity to come back.
Speaker 1: Obviously down three to one.
Speaker 4: Now, it's interesting what happened in these series when the team go up, when a team has the league, can possibly close out and then don't because every game you go further into that series, the pressure flips.
Speaker 1: And so for a New York Knick team that don't have a ton of playoff experience.
Speaker 4: Og is a champion, but very young in his career winning a championship. Josh hart not a ton of playoff experience, not a whole bunch of playoff experience. Hartenstein not a bunch of playoff experience at all. Jaylen Bruston has got some playoff experience, although not a ton as the guy that he is now. And then Dante has some playoff experience with the Bucks, but it's kind of a little banged up during a couple of their runs, and so not a ton of playoff experience. Mitchell Robinson not much, and Miles McBride not much. So the pressure flips Now, with those guys not having a ton of experience, sometimes you go into it like they're oblivious to the moment.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's this group.
Speaker 4: I think this group has enough experience to not be oblivious to the moment. And sometimes being oblivious to the moment actually helps you because it's almost like irrational confidence, Like you're so oblivious to the moment you don't even realize like the stakes, you don't even realize the pressure that should be on you. But because you're not processing the moment, you're not even feeling that pressure. I don't think that's this next team, because they do have enough experience to know that, hey man, we don't want to go seven, right, So this series is now going six and it's headed back to Philly, And I must say that's a danger zone for the Knicks.
Speaker 1: That is a complete danger zone.
Speaker 4: Because you're gonna be expected to go lose on the road, like that's just what it is, and you should go lose on the road when another opposing team has one All Star and also the MVP of the end NBA, you should go lose.
Speaker 1: So Philly, you're supposed to win this game.
Speaker 4: However, Philly's going in like, hey man, we faced elimination, we're down three to one.
Speaker 1: We just free swings, free swings.
Speaker 4: And that same timid Philly of some of the guys that I think you saw last.
Speaker 1: Night won't be there in game six, Game six.
Speaker 4: They gonna come out with they chest poked out, feel good about themselves, like yo, we gonna win this game. We taking it back for Game seven at the garden right in Like game seven's a game sevens are matching. Game seven is at the guard and I can only imagine the feeling that that gives. And so the pressure in game six is all and I mean all on the New York Knicks. And sometimes guys don't deal with that pressure well. And so I think, you know, the Knicks has to deal with that. But like I said before, I think Philly's gonna win this series. I think they should take it. I think they can take it. And we'll see u if. Because here's the thing, if I'm the New York Knicks, gotta be a little careful of like we gotta go in here and win this game, like this is a must win, because if you don't go win a must win, although you do got one more game.
Speaker 1: If you really made this a must win mentally.
Speaker 4: Coming out of that and you lost is gonna be tough to bounce back for Game seven for the Knicks.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 4: If I'm Time Tiboteau, if I'm Jalen Bronson, the leader of that team, I'm pushing it as close to the line of yo, we gotta go win this game, like we need to close this series out without quite stepping over of like.
Speaker 1: This is like we gotta win this game.
Speaker 4: Like I'm not quite stepping over there, but I'm pushing it to as close to that line as I can because you understand that Game seven is.
Speaker 1: A coin flip.
Speaker 4: Always it's a coin flip, and they just don't know Philly can come out of hit twenty three threes all of a sudden you lose because they shot the lights out, Like you just don't know what's going to happen in the game seven, And so as fun as they are, you don't want to get there. You just don't want to get there. And especially in a situation where he were up three to one, you don't want.
Speaker 1: To get there because it just don't always go your way.
Speaker 4: I've seen it been a part of it on both sides of Game seven, it don't always go your way, and so Philly needs to win this game tomorrow. I think that's going to be a little less Jaylen brust and ball dominance, although he needs to be great, he gonna have to find that.
Speaker 1: Balance and also with Philly.
Speaker 4: Another interesting thing that they did before I move on from this is watch out.
Speaker 1: For that zone that they ran.
Speaker 4: They almost ran like a matchup zone, dropping Joel all the way into the back so to a to give him a break so he didn't have to be at the level on all of those screens. And I thought that matchup zone gave Philly problems. If I am Nick Nurse, I'm expecting that Timms is going to over like overly prepare for that zone, not so much for their half court defense. They're going to overly prepare for that zone to beat that zone, and I don't run as much of it.
Speaker 1: If I'm Nick Nurse, go to.
Speaker 4: It a couple of times if it's working, cool, but you go to it first couple of times, and they dice it up because they're so prepared for it, like you nix it because you know they're overly prepared for that, and they may not be as prepared for your half court man defense, and so be fun to watch the coaches play this game. As you get deeper into this series, the chess match really begins and you got adjustments being made. So I think that's an adjustment that New York has to make. They gotta be ready for that zone. Philly was playing, keeping Joel in the back of the defense, letting all the guards and Wint handle the pick and rolls.
Speaker 1: I thought it was pretty successful.
Speaker 4: Haven't seen any numbers from at the end of but from the neked eye, it looked pretty pretty successful. So we'll see what happens with that. But that is something to watch for in that series. And by the way, I got Philly in Game six, so that's that moving forward. Cavaliers take a three to two league with.
Speaker 1: The magic the home game had.
Speaker 4: The home team has won each game in this series and I don't see that changing in game six.
Speaker 1: The Calves did take last night without Jared Allen.
Speaker 4: Not sure what you know if he's out you know, the next couple, next game or two, or what his situation is, but they did take last night after him and quite without him, and quite frankly this series, I got to cast win this series. I think it does go seven. As I said before, seven is always a coin flip. I got to cast win the series. I really don't see either one of these teams going on to winning the game. I think the home team win these games. CAF take Game seven and that is going to be kind of the rap for that series. But yeah, I think both neither one of them are going on the road to win. Orlando had a great opportunity last night. They let it get away. Gotta win the ones when you had those opportunities in the playoffs, young playoff team, although they played that well and g Harris, Gary Harris didn't shoot the ball well has zero points.
Speaker 1: G's not gonna shoot like that again.
Speaker 4: So but you still need other guys getting off and you, you know, you gotta go in facing the elimination. Now, first time this team is faced elimination. I haven't seen these it's their first experience. So how do these guys show up at home?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Do they show up firing like we got none to lose? Do they show up at home a little tight? That's always possible as well. But I got the Magic taking Game six and then Calves taking Game seven.
Speaker 1: We'll see how it goes.
Speaker 4: But the question, the biggest question is how do these two teams fare versus the Boston Celtics If Porzingis isn't back, and quite frankly, both of these teams are losing. If Porzingis is back, it's not back, or is back, it don't matter.
Speaker 1: Boston mopping both of these teams. That's just my opinion.
Speaker 4: I don't think either one of these teams have a big that makes the Porzingis lost huge. Where it does, where it can affect if you're playing against the Magic is how much Fron and Paulo gets downhill all of a sudden you don't have Porzingis as a room protector, and they're getting downhill more.
Speaker 1: However, Boston has a great deal of length.
Speaker 4: They also have a great perimeter, and so it'll be a little tougher to get downhill.
Speaker 1: But I also don't think the Magic are moving forward.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think this Boston team is winning this next round pretty easily without Porzingis. I don't think it's a rush for Porzingis to have to get back for this next series. Do all that you can and get yourself ready for the Conference finals because be more needed then, although I think the real test is, regardless of either one of these series, they have left in the Eastern Conference, get ready for the finals, KP.
Speaker 1: That's the most important thing.
Speaker 4: Probably, Yeah, you need some games under his belt and all of that, But Boston getting through the East no problem, So get ready for the finals. That can also change if in the conference finals Philly does win and get to the conference finals, and now you got Joel. But quite frankly, I don't think Porzingis can guard Joel anyway. Yes, it does help to get throw another body out there, but who Joel gonna have to face most and see if he can get byas al Horfer Al Horford has given Joel all problems. So when you look at it, and you do like an addition by subtraction KP. Being out in the conference finals, if they were to face Philly could actually help them, like you play more out and our guards Joel very well. Wish for thinking. I'm getting way ahead of myself. Don't even know if any of those series will take place. The moral of the story is, whoever win this Cleveland series between Cleveland and the Magic don't stand a chance versus Boston we're moving on to the other two teams in the Eastern Conference. Patrick Beverley went back to Chicago, Marshall on y'all got it going and really affected the game and turned the game to where Milwaukee was then able to take off. Obviously, Bobby Porter's got off twenty nine. Obviously, Chris Middleton got off with twenty nine. Bobby Porters being a reed from game four. As you can see by the results of game five. What's huge for the Bucks because Bobby Porters is someone that when they have guys out or even when their guys are playing, what he brings for that team from an energy standpoint, what he brings from a scoring standpoint is really something that they don't have from anyone else. And so Bobby Porters is huge. Was disappointed that Bobby Porter's got kicked out for the little scuffle that he did, but nobody was kicked out of those games yesterday.
Speaker 1: The consistency I just don't understand. Now.
Speaker 4: I did agree that guys shouldn't have gotten thrown out, because if you don't have to throw somebody out of the playoff game, you don't like we want these games to beat the decided based up on the players on the court, not the referee calling something to throwing somebody out of game. So a little disappointed that Bobby got thrown out the game. But you look at the stuff that was going on yesterday in these games, and nobody's thrown out one technical. Mitchell Robinson threw Kelly down, actually almost jacked up Joel's leg. He was disclose from landing on Joel's leg and taking it in this way. And then all of a sudden, right, so Mitchell Robinson throw Kelly bro He lands on joel ankle, hit the knee or something, and Joel's hurt. Then all of a sudden, Mitchell Robinson gets thrown out of the game because Joel didn't get hurt at all. Mitchell Robinson actually didn't even get a technical foul. I don't think and I just don't understand it, Like what was the consistency?
Speaker 1: So if he got.
Speaker 4: Hurt, then it's something. I don't get that, Like, either it's something or it isn't. You can't judge these things by the results of the player and be like, oh man, that guy got hurt, Like we gotta do something.
Speaker 1: Okay, this guy didn't get hurt. It's fine.
Speaker 4: Like that's not that's and nowhere in the rule book does it say that's how these things should be officiated. You gotta pick a side, like we're doing this, we're doing that, Like it can't be all right this time?
Speaker 1: Is this this time?
Speaker 4: And it changes based on the personalities and the games, like, it can't be that it's either one way or it's the other.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 4: I think we need to see some consistency on that front. Either you're kicking guys out or you're not. Quite Frankly, I sit on the side if you shouldn't be kicking guys out. But it can't be one day Bobby port is getting a little brush up and he's out, and then nobody else the next day nothing happened.
Speaker 1: So we'll love to see some consistency there.
Speaker 4: But and speaking of this game going back six or the series going to six and going back to Indiana, if there's no Dame, I don't think there's a chance we see Giannis.
Speaker 1: This series is over in six.
Speaker 4: I don't think Milwaukee can do what they did at home with neither one of those two.
Speaker 1: Guys and go on the road and win like they did in Game six.
Speaker 4: And so if no Dame if no Jannis, I got this series ending. I think they played tomorrow and I got the series ending lastly, before we take a couple of questions and get out of here. Obviously, the Lakers were eliminated by the Denver Nuggets on Monday. Was fun to watch Jamal Murray in that series, despite a bumb calf, despite all the things that will go up against, despite pretty much losing the entire series. And when I say losing the entire series, I mean if you look at the margin or the amount of time that the Lakers led in the series, this series very much so could have been flipped for the one.
Speaker 1: For the Lakers.
Speaker 4: However, Jamal Murray's is a large reason why that's not the case. There was so much coming out of the Lakers. Well before we talk about them, let's talk about the Nuggets. The Nuggets took the series, but I think they're in trouble. And the reason I think they're in trouble, and I said this before, I just don't think their bench is good enough. And we saw that again the other night, like they're just not getting enough from their bench. And as you move forward, I think the difference in this Minnesota Denver series could be the bench. You got nas Reed coming off the bench, can play. He was man as Kyle Anderson coming off Monte Morris, who's a great backup point guard that they're not really using much but can use Nikil Alexander Walker, who's been playing great basketball. Like I just think the depth of the Timberwolves is going to give Denver problems. And yes, the matchup between Joe and Rudy Gobert trying to guard him as huge, But I've always told you, guys, you win championship six through ten, not one through five. And the Denver Nuggets one through five is as strong, if not stronger, than any other one through five in the league. But they're six through ten is as weak as any team left in the playoffs, and I just don't know if they're going to be able to overcome that, especially against these Minnesota Timberwolves, who just had an incredible showing, and I think they're poised to try to make a deeper run and they're feeling that and they want that, So that'll be an interesting series. Personally, I got the Timberwolves winning that series, I think, but we'll get into that later in the week.
Speaker 1: My predictions.
Speaker 4: I need to analyze a little bit more and like actually sit down and do the matchups, so what I think will be and look at all these things. But quite frankly, just off the top of the dome, I think Minnesota shoot win that series. Interesting stuff coming out of the Lakers organization. Obviously Bron set to possibly opt out of his contract and become a free agent for the first time since twenty eighteen. I think that is a very interesting thing because what that means is, if you know anything about cap is Lebron could opt out of that deal be a free agent. They could sign somebody with cap space and then sign Lebron back using bird rights, which means they could possibly add a third star or a couple really good players at fifteen million dollars a year or so.
Speaker 1: And better their team.
Speaker 4: They could also decide that they're not spending that money and going into the tax with all these tax penalties.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be interesting to see.
Speaker 4: I think a lot of that will be depending on what Lebron decides. We obviously see the reports of the Lakers may draft Bron. I think that would be amazing, by the way, absolutely incredible.
Speaker 1: But that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 4: I think the Lakers they really got to decide what it is that they want to do, though, Like, are you comfortable going into next season with pretty much the same supporting cast that you have and Lebron and a D? Are you comfortable going in that way? If Lebron decides to leave, what do you do?
Speaker 1: Then? Do you then trade a D?
Speaker 4: Like? I think there's a lot of uncertainty coming out of that organization.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen with Darva ham Me? Personally? I think it'll be wrong to.
Speaker 4: Fire him for multiple reasons. However, you know they'll get a lot He'll catch a lot of flak for the season that they have, but their roster didn't get better than last year and they were a playing team. Yeah, they made it to the conference finals with Lebron, James and Anthony playing the way that they were playing, but they didn't get better. They lost in the Schroeder. I don't think they replaced him. Well, Gabe Vincent didn't bring anything to the season. Obviously he was hurt, but even once he got in there, like he didn't shoot the ball well. Schroeder was huge for them and they lost him and so I don't think the roster got better, but yet you expect the better results and I just don't understand that.
Speaker 1: But everybody will blame Darviaham.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, it's his fault, and like is it really Like just because they went on a pretty decent run after they mustterd us some energy after the trade that line and got to the conference finals, got swept. Their season was their season, And yeah, you got through the trade dead line and you found some energy, but then you come back into the season with that team, and I don't think the belief was very high in the first place. Yeah, we could say the hot, but I don't think it was very high in the first place. And I don't think that team got much better. Obviously, Van Doll missing majority of the season it's a killer. Obviously gave Vincent missing majority of the season could have been a killer, although we don't really know because we've only seen him in Miami, and we've seen guys leave Miami and not be the same thing that it was in Miami, So the jury's out on that one. Nonetheless, I don't think they got much better, and so I'm not surprised by the year they had, But I am looking forward to what's to come of this summer. Some people think it's a foregone conclusion that Bron is going back to the Lakers.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it's a foregone conclusion.
Speaker 4: I think if there was something that came about that was interesting, I think he'd look at it. But ultimately I don't quite see him leaving LA. Just don't really see it, just my opinion. But we shall see what happens with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Hopefully they don't just fire Darvin, but as if it's his fault and no one else's fought, I think that's garbage. But that's neither here nor there, and we shall see what happens in the Lakers organization. But I definitely think some changes are coming. I don't know where those changes will be, but they're definitely coming because it's the Lakers.
Speaker 1: They want to win and that's just the standard. So we shall see.
Speaker 4: But before we get out of here, Buttassage to Jackson for a few questions.
Speaker 1: Mail back questions before we.
Speaker 5: Go from at Killer Cam, what do you think of Plo Banco in this series so far?
Speaker 4: Well, what I think of Polo Ben Carrol is exactly what I thought of Polo ban Carrol back when Polo ban Carrol was about to get drafted, which is he is one of those guys that changes an organization. If you go back to the podcast episode of when right before Polo got drafted, Paulo was the guy who I thought was the number one pick hands down. A lot of people were talking about the guys. Paulo is showing that I am one of the guys. And yes, Paulo has some things that I think he needs to get better. He needs to become more comfortable shooting the ball, and as he do that, I think his game really opens up as he becomes more comfortable with his jump shot.
Speaker 1: But Paulo is a monster what he's doing. He's leading these guys.
Speaker 4: Now, what can really set this series off of Paulo is if they go in game six and then he can take them on the road and win a Game seven. That really, in my opinion, puts Paulo in a different tier. No, not the top tier, because he's got a long ways to go to get to that, although I think he's more than capable of being in that top tier guys. But if Paulo is to go in Game six and take that team on the road and lead them to a Game seven win in Cleveland. You gotta bump his tear up and the respect has to go up. I think he's been very special in this series. But in order to be one of the guys that he wants to be that I think he's capable of being, he has to be able to go get one on the road. This his first crack at it. So it's not like, oh, Paulo is a bus and blah blah if he don't go in one on the road in this particular series, But as he moved forward in his career, that's something that he's going to have to do in order to take that next step. And I don't think it's impossible for him to do it this time, but he's playing a great.
Speaker 5: Series from at Jamie Cu, what do you think is the most underrated factor for a deep playoff run?
Speaker 4: Jamie Cu? Is that like Colorado University? Or is that like Jamie Easy?
Speaker 5: It is Cu? Let her see you so maybe Colorado?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Prime Time got everybody repping that Cu like it's Michigan State or something.
Speaker 1: Shout out to coach Prome, say that question one more time.
Speaker 5: The most underrated factor for a deep run. I tell you a second most underrated factor for a deep playoff run.
Speaker 4: Most underrated factor for a deep playoff run. I think the most underrated factor for a deep playoff run is can your coach make adjustments or not?
Speaker 1: I think that is extremely important.
Speaker 4: And then also are you capable are your players capable of handling those adjustments, because sometimes you get in these situations where coach want to make an adjustment, they're like, I don't think our guys can handle that adjustment. For instance, in the playoffs in twenty twenty two, when we start sending all the Boston guys left, it was against our defensive rules, and so Mike Brown was kind of like, ah, it's gonna break our defense down because guys aren't accustomed to sending the ball middle on the right side of floor. We're accustomed to icing it and the defense pulling over. Now we're going to be sending in the middle. Guys ain't gonna know where the help coming from. And we was just like and so a couple of us, like I started just sending Jay Lebron left like wherever he was on the floor. And after I did it, a couple of times Mike was like, you know what, We've been wanting to make this adjustment, but was afraid. Let's just try it, and we tried it in it worked, But again that was that was That was an instance of a coach being like, ah, I don't know if we could really make that adjustment, although they had the adjustment in their mind, I don't know if we could really make that because it's against our defensive rules. And then the adjustment was made and we won the series. So I think it's a combination of both of those. Yes, your players have to be capable of taking those adjustments and making those switches, but a coach has to also be able to identify his adjustment. When I watch these playoffs, most of these coaches actually can't make solid adjustment.
Speaker 1: So I think that's the most underrated thing.
Speaker 5: We want to be clear on the Draymond Green Show.
Speaker 1: That is not a shot at Mike Brown. That is a no, not at all, Not at all.
Speaker 4: That's never a shot at Mike Brown. Shoot Mike Brown. One of the one of the ghosts to me, especially when they come to that defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 1: Mike Brown gets it done.
Speaker 4: So no, not a shot at Mike Brown at all, never will be.
Speaker 1: It ain't coming from here, not on this show.
Speaker 5: Last question from I hate CEP, MAVs are Clippers? Right, who wins this series?
Speaker 1: CEP MAVs are Clippers.
Speaker 5: I was a little bit of at a loss with that username as well, But MAVs are Clippers.
Speaker 1: Who you got MAVs are Clippers winning the series? I got the MAVs.
Speaker 4: I think they're going to be more consistent in their play, especially, like I said, you just.
Speaker 1: Don't know with Kawhi.
Speaker 4: I got the mass winning this series, and if I'm honest, I actually got them winning the series in six.
Speaker 1: The only person can change that out come is Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 4: That's it. No, I didn't say James Harden. No, I did not say Paul George although, and the reason I didn't say those guys is because it's on Russell Westbrook to put the battery packing those guys back and had them playing at the level that they play that in Game four in order to take that winning Dallas. And so I got Dallas winning it. But like I said, yeah, the only person can change and nobody will ever give him credit, but he gonna get credit on this show. Because he is the person that wills that team. Russell Westbrook is the only person that can change that out come.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I got Dallas and with that, that.
Speaker 4: Is a wrap from this episode of The Draymond Green Show Be back later this week to being with y'all. We shall see if my theory on Jalen Brunston being ball dominant can be go by the wayside, or if.
Speaker 1: My theory on Jaylen Brunston becomes true.
Speaker 4: However, I just want to state this, My theory on Jalen Brunston can be true and they still can win.
Speaker 1: I e.
Speaker 4: Jaylen Bruston doesn't dominate the ball as much and they win. That doesn't mean I was wrong. I'm not saying that Nixon is going to lose, although I got Philly, but I think Jaylen Bruston need to take a little step back as far as dominating the ball. But he being great and so who can complain? Another forty piece. That's a rat from this episode of The Draymond Green Show.
Speaker 1: Piece